PDA

View Full Version : The Wharf Residence (D9, 999 yrs, Capitaland)

richardsng_era
01-07-08, 11:51
Location/ Address
Tong Watt Road, off Mohamed Sultan Road
Tenure of Land
999 years
Site Area
76, 956 sq ft
Plot Ratio
Expected T.O.P
31 Mar 2013
Description
4 tower blocks of 10/14/15/23 Storey and 13 retrofitted houses
No. of Units
186 units (173 units + 13 retrofitted houses)
Unit Mix
2 bedroom: 1012 to 1130 sq ft 110 units
3 bedroom: 1313 to 1733 sq ft 54 units
4 bedroom: 2196 sq ft 4 units
Penthouse: 2745 to 5565 sq ft 5 units
Houses: 4478 to 4930 sq ft 13 units

keen
02-07-08, 22:21
condo name?

Unregistered123
02-07-08, 22:31
How come never heard my era agent mention about this project??

richardsng_era
08-07-08, 14:17
Latest Updates

Preview schedule: July 2008 (Not Confirmed)

Price: Avg S$1500psf~S$1600psf (Preview Only)

Payment Scheme: Interest Absorption Scheme (5% + 15% within 8 weeks).

Buyers' Reward:
1) Stamp Duty reimbursement.
2) Early Bird $$$
3) Further discounts*.
4) 3 year Extended Home Warrany Plan.

*Terms & Conditions Apply

Call now for private preview! Strictly by appointment only.

richardsng_era
15-07-08, 14:24
Floorplans are available now. Call me for an appointment.

richardsng_era
16-07-08, 01:29
Enter My Space for pictures.

kennynabeh
16-07-08, 12:27
Actual site is at Tong Watt Rd, off Mohd Sultan Rd.

Project details as follows:

Developer: CapitaLand

Tenure: 999 years

TOP: March 2013

4 blocks, up to 23 storey, total 173 apartments + 13 retrofitted houses

Functional & spacious layout with the following types:

- 2 bedroom 1012-1087sqft

- 3 bedroom 1313-1539sqft

- 4 bedroom 2196sqft

Estimated $1500~$1600psf

Situated on high ground, there are 13 Vintage Houses conserved in their entirety, providing a pleasant contrast to the contemporary structure of the apartment blocks sitting behind.

Facilities: sky terrace on the 24th floor, with outdoor cooking pavilion, overlooking the breathtaking city skyline.

Apartment furnished with branded kitchen & appliances

Preview launch is targeting in the coming weekend.

Interest absorption & Stamp duty reimbursement.

ni na beh
16-07-08, 12:55
They retained the shophouse facade? Cool! This price is very attractive. Rivergate sellers can go jump liao.

Unregister cheap niah
16-07-08, 13:48
Hmm.. the price cheap cheap nia nia.. not bad. 2 bed room 1000 square feet only $1.5m. If got discount is best lah. Really only slightly more ex than Telok Kurau niah. Some more this is D9 near "happening" area. Can consider leh (but no $$$$ heheheehehe). If this one launch last year sure more than $2000 psf liao. Maybe $2500 psf if pegged to The Pier at Robertson price.

River Valley
16-07-08, 22:18
Wow! Great pictures. I would one to take a look.

property hitman
16-07-08, 23:26
This IS indeed quite attractively priced.

Waiting for economy to die further before making my move.

I want penthouse. Failing that, the shophouse unit will do.

And I want to buy them under $1000 psf.

richardsng_era
17-07-08, 11:22
Preview Saturday 19 July 2008. Booking starts now! Avg. S$1500~S$1600psf special price for preview ONLY!

property buyer
17-07-08, 12:37

I want to buy at $100 psf.

On?

prop watch
17-07-08, 12:38

On?
I wanna buy at $10psf.
Let's queue up now.

Unreg¡stered
17-07-08, 12:39

On?

I wanna buy at $10psf.
Let's queue up now.
Why don't say buy at $1 psf?

mr liver belly
18-07-08, 14:22
http://www.wharfresidence.com.sg/

wannabe
21-07-08, 11:46
http://www.wharfresidence.com.sg/

Any news on this project?
PSF?

fair
21-07-08, 12:00
Any news on this project?
PSF?

From $1500 psf. Considering non-prime condos are hovering around $1000 psf, I'd say this $1500 psf is fair value.

AK47
21-07-08, 22:32
If Farrer Court is to be sold at above 1500psf. Than river valley should command a higher psf. So location wise, seem like a good deal.

But what with developer these days? why no tennis court? Like that where got class. :doh:

wannabe
21-07-08, 22:49
If Farrer Court is to be sold at above 1500psf. Than river valley should command a higher psf. So location wise, seem like a good deal.

But what with developer these days? why no tennis court? Like that where got class. :doh:

When is the launch?

Unregistered666
26-07-08, 00:28
go 4 beacon heights along mar thoma road which is the tallest development near boon keng mrt (28 floors). it is 999 years with full condo facilities (50m lap pool and tennis court etc), 5 min drive to town or 3 MRT STOPS to town, it has spectacular view of the city skyline, strategically situated in the middle of singapore and accessible to all parts of singapore as it is within minutes from the future woodsville interchange coming along, it is a peaceful neighbourhood whilst near town, priced below 1k psf.....etc etc. So what are you guys waiting for......HOT HOT HOT GO AND BUY!!!!

Agent
26-07-08, 14:57
Probably you are not an agent. But I think the marketing agents must have paid you quite a sum to let you say this. Greedy!

kal
26-07-08, 15:17
he is not agent, he is developer !! panic developer! no class developer !!!:doh:

River Valley
26-07-08, 16:40
go 4 beacon heights along mar thoma road which is the tallest development near boon keng mrt (28 floors). it is 999 years with full condo facilities (50m lap pool and tennis court etc), 5 min drive to town or 3 MRT STOPS to town, it has spectacular view of the city skyline, strategically situated in the middle of singapore and accessible to all parts of singapore as it is within minutes from the future woodsville interchange coming along, it is a peaceful neighbourhood whilst near town, priced below 1k psf.....etc etc. So what are you guys waiting for......HOT HOT HOT GO AND BUY!!!!

bro, you sick ar? stop making a clown of yourself & do not tarnish your agency reputation & degrade the condo's value. we are talking about PRIME DISTRICT 9, not sub-district 12. So what your so call beacon height, the tallest building in BOON KENG, cannot be compared to even old apartments in District 9. Pay 1Kpsf & suffer more traffic jams, 20 min walk to Boon Keng MRT & amenities, 10~15 min walk to the nearest bus stop, more than 20 minutes to city (due to jam).

richard sxxks
27-07-08, 15:21
Preview Saturday 19 July 2008. Booking starts now! Avg. S$1500~S$1600psf special price for preview ONLY!
Richard, go fxxk yourself and die. You get run down by a lorry soon.

River Valley
27-07-08, 21:27

You must be a seller that wanted to sell your condo for $2.5kpsf. Dream on.

Unregistered888
27-07-08, 23:26
beacon heights is genuinely the best buy in the market now for the quality of life the area has to offer. It is less than 10min walk to the mrt and 5 min drive to town. Wth woodsville interchange up b4 TOP there will be no mre traffic woes. So what if D9 has condos that sell at 2k psf but the trend is people are moving to the fringe as it offers a less congested and better quality of life. If u are thinking that the true rich live in d9, think again. Where are the most expensive houses in Singapore? Bet u dnt even knw they sit in coronation road west whch is away frm slumps like mt sophia, mt emily, mckenzie rd, novena etc. To thk u live in d9 and brag a whole lot bout the district number is simply showing ur ignorance about the preference of the really rich and not the half past six investors who have to take loan just to buy a 1mil property. I knw a super rich man staying in a huge mansion in coronation rd and despises living in the shitty and polluted town area for what it has to offer. He even bought a 10million rodin sculpture frm an art gallery in takashimaya to deco his pond so u cn say that he cn buy practically any property he wants in singapore. Another rich guy i knw would rather live in a mre than 6000sf penthouse in the legend and bought 2 other properties in bt timah than to live in d9. If u thk d9 is exclusive to the rich then those hdb flats in selegie, rochor centre, bras basah etc must be used as servants quarters for the rich? Wat a joke. Anyway u can cntinue bragging bout d9 and enjoy living in that congested and polluted environment. The rich and the smart would never want to live in town or too near town for obvious reasons. Moreover rich people have no need to work so why do they want to live near mrt or rush to town for work early like the way u do.
bro, you sick ar? stop making a clown of yourself & do not tarnish your agency reputation & degrade the condo's value. we are talking about PRIME DISTRICT 9, not sub-district 12. So what your so call beacon height, the tallest building in BOON KENG, cannot be compared to even old apartments in District 9. Pay 1Kpsf & suffer more traffic jams, 20 min walk to Boon Keng MRT & amenities, 10~15 min walk to the nearest bus stop, more than 20 minutes to city (due to jam).

Unregistered0001
27-07-08, 23:30
Funny...i think from wat u say...no one will buy BH anyway...the rich wun buy it cos its below them..the poor wun buy it cos its too expensive..the middle class wun buy it, cos it doesn't have the prestige of D9...so, haha...no one will buy BH! With the property mkt downturn, u have to suck thumb!

beacon heights is genuinely the best buy in the market now for the quality of life the area has to offer. It is less than 10min walk to the mrt and 5 min drive to town. Wth woodsville interchange up b4 TOP there will be no mre traffic woes. So what if D9 has condos that sell at 2k psf but the trend is people are moving to the fringe as it offers a less congested and better quality of life. If u are thinking that the true rich live in d9, think again. Where are the most expensive houses in Singapore? Bet u dnt even knw they sit in coronation road west whch is away frm slumps like mt sophia, mt emily, mckenzie rd, novena etc. To thk u live in d9 and brag a whole lot bout the district number is simply showing ur ignorance about the preference of the really rich and not the half past six investors who have to take loan just to buy a 1mil property. I knw a super rich man staying in a huge mansion in coronation rd and despises living in the shitty and polluted town area for what it has to offer. He even bought a 10million rodin sculpture frm an art gallery in takashimaya to deco his pond so u cn say that he cn buy practically any property he wants in singapore. Another rich guy i knw would rather live in a mre than 6000sf penthouse in the legend and bought 2 other properties in bt timah than to live in d9. If u thk d9 is exclusive to the rich then those hdb flats in selegie, rochor centre, bras basah etc must be used as servants quarters for the rich? Wat a joke. Anyway u can cntinue bragging bout d9 and enjoy living in that congested and polluted environment. The rich and the smart would never want to live in town or too near town for obvious reasons. Moreover rich people have no need to work so why do they want to live near mrt or rush to town for work early like the way u do.

Unregistered888
27-07-08, 23:43
i never said BH was only meant for the rich. I am just saying that living near town but not directly in town is preferred, even the super rich i knw thk that way.BH seems to have that appeal even though it is priced for the mass mkt. D9 has that prestige for being near the shopping district but it ranks low for quality of life compared to even the heartlands in the suburban where there is plenty of lush greenery. Even hillview with houses and cndos going for 600psf offers better quality of life than a d9. Never mind the word 'prestige' coz smart people usually have no ego problems. Btw i am not an agent or neither do i have any vestd interest in BH. I am just a distant observer of gd property buys.
Funny...i think from wat u say...no one will buy BH anyway...the rich wun buy it cos its below them..the poor wun buy it cos its too expensive..the middle class wun buy it, cos it doesn't have the prestige of D9...so, haha...no one will buy BH! With the property mkt downturn, u have to suck thumb!

UnregisteredDistrict8
28-07-08, 11:09
What a sad bastard. Any projects in Rangoon beat your BH flat down. Stop hard selling BH. It just makes you look like a sad bastard.

Unregistered876
28-07-08, 11:38
u thk that just becoz rangoon is near mrt n town it is hip and upmarket? LOL... That place is infested with Ah Nehs and Bangladeshis that ply the streets round the freaking clock. Would expats and the rich even be interestd to live in an indian town wth Ah Neh and bangla workers prowling the streets?your idea of an upmarket place seems rather strange especially being a singaporean. Try comparing not so near town dev like Astrid Meadows (coronation rd), Dukes Residence (coronatn rd), Shelford Suites (bt timah), Jardin (upper bt timah) and even Maplewoods (close to upper bt timah) to the pathetically small kitchen size apartments in rangoon and people will laugh their heads off. Near town is nt always gd especially if the living envirnmt sucks. Little india and the surroundings will never change its image and low class image. As a Chinese, I dont knw wat the f**k u would want to even live in rangoon or little india area. I would rather live in a hdb above rochor centre than any condo in little india.
What a sad bastard. Any projects in Rangoon beat your BH flat down. Stop hard selling BH. It just makes you look like a sad bastard.

Unregistereddistrict8
28-07-08, 12:09
Sad bastard, i hope you would be arrested by the police for your racist remark. Hahaha

Give BH A Miss
28-07-08, 12:37
i never said BH was only meant for the rich. I am just saying that living near town but not directly in town is preferred, even the super rich i knw thk that way.BH seems to have that appeal even though it is priced for the mass mkt. D9 has that prestige for being near the shopping district but it ranks low for quality of life compared to even the heartlands in the suburban where there is plenty of lush greenery. Even hillview with houses and cndos going for 600psf offers better quality of life than a d9. Never mind the word 'prestige' coz smart people usually have no ego problems. Btw i am not an agent or neither do i have any vestd interest in BH. I am just a distant observer of gd property buys.
With scum like you, kandinsky, who cursed others to die, staying in BH. Better give BH a miss!

If Boon Keng is so good, many would be rushing to stay in the area. Why are they not doing it? Something is wrong! Better stay clear of BH.

So many others following me in avoiding BH. That's good!

Unreg¡stered
28-07-08, 12:38

With scum like you, kandinsky, who cursed others to die, staying in BH. Better give BH a miss!

If Boon Keng is so good, many would be rushing to stay in the area. Why are they not doing it? Something is wrong! Better stay clear of BH.

So many others following me in avoiding BH. That's good!
Please be considerate and discuss Beacon H. in the Beacon H. thread. Thanks.

District 9 Lover
28-07-08, 13:30

Do you like to be cursed like that? Please be considerate. Believe in Karma.

District 9 Lover
28-07-08, 13:31
u thk that just becoz rangoon is near mrt n town it is hip and upmarket? LOL... That place is infested with Ah Nehs and Bangladeshis that ply the streets round the freaking clock. Would expats and the rich even be interestd to live in an indian town wth Ah Neh and bangla workers prowling the streets?your idea of an upmarket place seems rather strange especially being a singaporean. Try comparing not so near town dev like Astrid Meadows (coronation rd), Dukes Residence (coronatn rd), Shelford Suites (bt timah), Jardin (upper bt timah) and even Maplewoods (close to upper bt timah) to the pathetically small kitchen size apartments in rangoon and people will laugh their heads off. Near town is nt always gd especially if the living envirnmt sucks. Little india and the surroundings will never change its image and low class image. As a Chinese, I dont knw wat the f**k u would want to even live in rangoon or little india area. I would rather live in a hdb above rochor centre than any condo in little india.

STOP YOUR RACISM REMARKS!

District 9 Lover
28-07-08, 13:35

This thread is for Tong Watt Road, not for Boon Keng. Do it in the appropriate thread. Boon Keng is in District 12, not District 9. If you are not happy, then too bad.

mr funny
02-08-08, 17:51
http://www.businesstimes.com.sg/sub/latest/story/0,4574,290437,00.html?

August 1, 2008, 2.47 pm (Singapore time)

CapitaLand plans condo launch

CapitaLand plans to launch in second-half 2008 a freehold condo named Urban Resort with about 70 units on the Silver Tower site in Cairnhill. The average price will definitely be above S$3,000 psf, CapitaLand Residential Singapore CEO Patricia Chia told reporters after the group announced Q2 net earnings.

'I will be quite disappointed if it's below S$3,000 psf,' CapitaLand Group president and CEO Liew Mun Leong said.

The property giant has also sold 11 of the 40 units released so far at Latitude at Jalan Mutiara in the River Valley area at an average price of S$2,400 to S$2,500 psf. Over at Tong Watt Road, it has sold close to 30 of 80 units released recently at The Wharf Residence; prices range from S$1,500 to S$1,900 psf.

The project has a total 127 units. Latitude comprises 127 units in total.

CapitaLand leads a consortium that will redevelop Farrer Court. -- KALPANA RASHIWALA BT NEWSROOM

Newbie Homebuyer
06-08-08, 12:30
is there like a million condo units in this area or what? everyone will be fighting for rentals in a couple of years..

hyip68034
25-04-09, 09:39
THE WHARF RESIDENCE

Re-launching soon at NEW ATTRACTIVE PRICE!!!

For more information, please contact me:

Chris Yip - ERA
[email protected]

hyip68034
28-04-09, 00:32
D09 THE WHARF RESIDENCE by CapitaLand

NEW RELAUNCH ATTRACTIVE PRICES!!

Quantum for 2BR ~$1.2M ($1100-$1200psf ave) and 3BR ~$1.8M.

Soft Launch Will most likely happen BEFORE this coming long weekend (1st May is Labor Day)

Please note that show flat is at a different location from actual site.

Booking of choice units has already begun and you can call me for more info/booking.

Sincerely,
Chris Yip - ERA
[email protected]

proud owner
28-04-09, 08:14
D09 THE WHARF RESIDENCE by CapitaLand

NEW RELAUNCH ATTRACTIVE PRICES!!

Quantum for 2BR ~$1.2M ($1100-$1200psf ave) and 3BR ~$1.8M.

Soft Launch Will most likely happen BEFORE this coming long weekend (1st May is Labor Day)

Please note that show flat is at a different location from actual site.

Booking of choice units has already begun and you can call me for more info/booking.

Sincerely,
Chris Yip - ERA
[email protected]

any idea how big are the 2 bedders ?

hyip68034
28-04-09, 09:11
any idea how big are the 2 bedders ?

2BR - 1012 to 1076sqft 109units
2BR (with PES) - 1163sqft 1unit

august
28-04-09, 09:53
ok 1100 to 1200psf is a more realistic pricing.. :)

kal
28-04-09, 11:11
wow, 1100-1200psf !! Wharf Res is deifnitely better than RV suite/Mercury/Illuminaire...etc. think another sellout river valley project again !!

dtrax
28-04-09, 11:19
but left right tio flank by temples....

propertyguru
28-04-09, 12:08
Where is the showflat?

focus
28-04-09, 12:27
FLANKED by Temples? Good what..

Why ? Temple low class ah.. Flanked by Churches good ah?

ahlahdin
28-04-09, 12:40
Flanked by mosque is the best! Free wake up call in the morning. :D

爱屋及乌
28-04-09, 22:50
Monthly maintainance fee $500+

Think Watermark is better choice

rogerang
29-04-09, 01:35
Yes, a reasonable priced project. Imagine it was launched last year above $1500psf :doh:

Have gotten a few cheques from keen buyers.

Those who are keen can contact me. We are a team of 5
working hard to help secure a gd unit for buyers.

[email protected]
+65 97708558

bargain hunter
29-04-09, 14:37
opposite rivergate along martin road.

Where is the showflat?

rogerang
14-05-09, 12:22
Launching at attractive price.

Visit www.rogerang.com (http://www.rogerang.com) for updates.

stalingrad
14-05-09, 13:30
Is this a soft or hard launch, or flaccid launch? can the general public view? at what prices? at 1000psf.

If not, forget it.

hyip68034
15-05-09, 01:52
D09 THE WHARF RESIDENCE LAUNCH CONFIRM ON 15 MAY (FRI) AT 10AM, SHOWFLAT!!

Booking of units strictly on first come first serve basis.

Queue has already started forming at showflat.

Call/SMS me for information/viewing/booking.

Chris Yip - ERA
[email protected]

kal
16-05-09, 07:56
2bdrm type almost all gone... wow..:ashamed1:

rogerang
16-05-09, 21:46
Now, 2br all gone. If looking for 3br, call me 97708558.
wharf proj team.

mr funny
17-05-09, 23:49
http://www.businesstimes.com.sg/sub/news/story/0,4574,333320-1242503940,00.html?

Published May 16, 2009

More property launches on buying interest

CapitaLand releases units at The Wharf Residence, Frasers Centrepoint to launch Woodleigh project in July or Aug

By EMILYN YAP

DEVELOPERS are riding the wave of buying interest to launch more units.

CapitaLand yesterday released 100 two and three-bedroom units at The Wharf Residence, a 999-year leasehold condominium near Mohamed Sultan Road which comprises 173 apartments and 13 shophouses.

The group sold 85 units - mostly two-bedders - at an average price of between $1,300 and $1,600 per square foot (psf).

Sizes of two-bedroom units start at 1,012 sq ft. Assuming a price of $1,300 psf, one would cost about $1.32 million.

Some of the 100 units released yesterday were the remainder from an earlier launch.

According to Urban Redevelopment Authority (URA) records, CapitaLand introduced 80 units to the market in July last year and sold 24 until September that year at median prices above $1,500 psf.

The Wharf Residence is expected to receive its temporary occupation permit in 2013. CapitaLand is offering buyers a package deal of stamp duty absorption and interest absorption. BT understands that those who do not take up this package may get to pay up to 8 per cent less.

CapitaLand could make more units available today as the launch stretches into the weekend.

The release of more units at The Wharf Residence comes as activity in the higher end of the property market is starting to stir. According to URA's April statistics, buyers snapped up 64 units out of 75 launched at Bukit Sembawang Estates' Verdure at Holland Road. The median price of the transactions was $1,416 psf.

'Sentiment is better now,' said Knight Frank executive director (residential) Peter Ow. Some buyers feel that property prices have dropped enough, he added.

And even if prices have not bottomed, they believe that there is probably 'no harm in going in now, rather than letting money sit in the bank'. Some buyers are also worried about missing out on a real estate recovery, he said.

Separately, Frasers Centrepoint mentioned at its results briefing last week that it will launch its Woodleigh project in July or August this year. Prices will be at a level that 'the market will accept', said its chief executive, Lim Ee Seng.

The company's Caspian at Lakeside has seen strong take-up since its launch in February. Of the 712 units in the development, 611 had been sold as at May 7, Frasers Centrepoint said.

mr funny
18-05-09, 22:35
http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/singaporebusinessnews/view/430048/1/.html

CapitaLand's The Wharf Residences continues to see strong sales

By Wong Siew Ying, Channel NewsAsia | Posted: 18 May 2009 1605 hrs

SINGAPORE : CapitaLand's newly released units at The Wharf Residences continued to see strong sales over the weekend, with another 24 units transacted.

The developer had earlier sold 85 per cent of the 100 units launched on May 15.

All in, CapitaLand said 134 units out of the 173 unit at The Wharf Residences have been sold.

Apartments at the 999-year leasehold project are priced at between S$1,300 and S$1,600 per square foot.

The developer said 8 in 10 of the homebuyers are Singaporeans, with the rest coming from China, Japan, Canada, Vietnam, Malaysia and Indonesia.

The Wharf Residences is located at Tong Watt Road, off Mohamed Sultan Road near the city centre.

CapitaLand added that it will present other projects, like the proposed development at Gillman Heights Condominium site, at an appropriate time. - CNA /ls

mr funny
18-05-09, 22:51
http://www.straitstimes.com/Money/Story/STIStory_378107.html

May 18, 2009 Monday

CapitaLand sells 80% of Wharf Residence

HOMEBUYER sentiment continued to hold up over the weekend, with units of CapitaLand's The Wharf Residence selling fast.

The property giant launched 100 units last Friday, of which 85 were snapped up that same day.

The Wharf Residence is a 999-year leasehold condominium, located off the hip Mohamed Sultan Road, comprising four residential towers and 13 conservation shophouses.

Over the weekend, CapitaLand released more units and sold another 24. During its launch last year, 25 units were sold. The weekend sales bring the total number of units sold to 134, as of 4pm yesterday.

With 173 apartments in the development, CapitaLand has chalked up a respectable tally of nearly 80 per cent sold.

In a press statement yesterday, CapitaLand said that it sold the units at an average price of between $1,300 and $1,600 per sq ft (psf). Prices are down, lower than the range of $1,429 psf to $1,708 psf seen in the third quarter of last year.

Another selling point could have been the stamp duty absorption and interest absorption scheme.

Ms Patricia Chia, chief executive of CapitaLand Residential Singapore, said that four out of five of the homebuyers were locals. The rest of the buyers hailed from Indonesia, Malaysia, China, Japan, Canada and Vietnam.

She added that the heritage homes will be launched for sale soon.

The sales of The Wharf Residence suggest that the healthy performance of the property market, as seen by the strong showing in new private home sales last month, is set to continue.

LEE SU SHYAN

mr funny
18-05-09, 23:20
http://www.businesstimes.com.sg/sub/companies/story/0,4574,333427,00.html?

Published May 18, 2009

CapitaLand sells 24 more The Wharf Residence units

About 80% of buyers for the 134 units sold to date are Singaporeans

CAPITALAND has sold another 24 apartments over the weekend at The Wharf Residence at Tong Watt Road, off Mohamed Sultan Road, the listed property group said in a release yesterday.

http://www.businesstimes.com.sg/mnt/media/image/launched/2009-05-18/BT_IMAGES_KRWHARF18.jpg
Price range: Artist's impression of The Wharf Residence, where the apartments are priced at between $1,300 and $1,600 psf

This comes after the sale of 85 apartments on Friday following a relaunch of the 999-year-leasehold project.

The apartments are priced at between $1,300 and $1,600 per square foot (psf) inclusive of a package comprising stamp duty absorption and an interest absorption scheme.

Buyers who do not opt for this package will enjoy an 8 per cent discount.

Last year, CapitaLand priced apartments in the development at $1,500 to $1,900 psf, again inclusive of the stamp duty/interest absorption package.

However, buyers were not given the choice of not opting for this package.

With the latest sales achieved up to 4pm yesterday, CapitaLand has sold 134 of the total 173 apartments in the project.

About 80 per cent of buyers for the 134 units sold to date are Singaporeans.

The rest are from Indonesia, Malaysia, China, Japan, Canada and Vietnam, said CapitaLand Residential Singapore CEO Patricia Chia.

The apartments comprise two to four-bedroom units ranging from 1,012 to 2,196 square feet, as well as five penthouses (2,745 to 5,565 sq ft).

The development also includes 13 conserved shophouses, dubbed the Vintage Collection houses, ranging from 4,478 to 4,930 sq ft in strata area.

Ms Chia said CapitaLand has received queries for the conserved houses and will launch them for sale soon.

ST88
19-05-09, 09:53
Would Whaft be a better buy than The Pier? The Pier is already 3 years old but still looks very nice. I am sure the rental yield is good too considering it is next to the river with all the pubs below.

proud owner
19-05-09, 10:04
Would Whaft be a better buy than The Pier? The Pier is already 3 years old but still looks very nice. I am sure the rental yield is good too considering it is next to the river with all the pubs below.

what kind of rental yield is considered good ?

i am just doing a mental calculations...

take rivergate as example

assuming 1700 sqft .. bought at 1000 psf during launch .. and securing 80 pct loan ... the monthly repayment will be rought 5.5-6k .. adding maintenance of 500 a mth .. thats 6-6.5k ...???

and there are 1700 sqft brand new Rivergate rental asking 7.5k neg ..

is that good ? 7.5 -6 = 1.5 k

proud owner
19-05-09, 16:10
what kind of rental yield is considered good ?

i am just doing a mental calculations...

take rivergate as example

assuming 1700 sqft .. bought at 1000 psf during launch .. and securing 80 pct loan ... the monthly repayment will be rought 5.5-6k .. adding maintenance of 500 a mth .. thats 6-6.5k ...???

and there are 1700 sqft brand new Rivergate rental asking 7.5k neg ..

is that good ? 7.5 -6 = 1.5 k

i am surprised no one responded to my earlier post regarding rental yield ..

teddybear
19-05-09, 16:50
By the way, Rental yield is a matter of your return on capital invested and not related to how much you need to pay for housing loan instalment.

proud owner
19-05-09, 16:54
By the way, Rental yield is a matter of your return on capital invested and not related to how much you need to pay for housing loan instalment.

i understand that ... i am just wondering with a mere 1.5 k maybe even less depending on what was the purchase psf ..as i only used 1000 psf for my calculation ..

why would anyone even consider it ?

dormer
19-05-09, 17:17
I think some buyers are looking more at capital gain than rental yield. :D

proud owner
19-05-09, 17:20
I think some buyers are looking more at capital gain than rental yield. :D

i know

meanwhile there are 295 advertisement in property guru ...out for rent ...

assuming there are repeats ... so there are at least 100 units looking for tenants ??
trying to rent out ..to tide over this period and hopefully when mkt recovers in end 2009 or 2010 ...

Lord Anus
19-05-09, 17:36

everyone knows rental yield will be 0 to 2%.

very likely 0 because the number of units available for rent in river valley more than number of expats who want to stay here.

come to the worst, rent to ah neh lor....:D :D :D :D :D :D

Lord Anus
19-05-09, 17:43
if all the vacant properties in river valley really bo pian must rent to ah neh then next door fraser no need to spend 5 million to change road name liao. can leave it as meyahneh chetty rd, no need change to martin place :D :D :D :D :D

orange
19-05-09, 18:58
eh Anus, I think you have confused D9 with D8. High class Indian expats live in D9, Bangladesh workers hang out at D8. Wa lao! Like that also don't know.

teddybear
19-05-09, 19:23
I know of people who have a few properties and they just leave it vacant unless can get good rental. They don't need the rent away. Why do they want to do so? No idea, May be it has to do with the money getting cheaper by the day because of the printing press and hence property is a better preserver of value.

i know

meanwhile there are 295 advertisement in property guru ...out for rent ...

assuming there are repeats ... so there are at least 100 units looking for tenants ??
trying to rent out ..to tide over this period and hopefully when mkt recovers in end 2009 or 2010 ...

august
19-05-09, 20:32
they leave it vacant becos they have no choice, not becos they want to :(

number of buyers lapping up mickey mouse units, studios, 2 bedders are a sign that the recovery is a false one.. and if it is false it is a trap :scared-3:

meanwhile rental will continue to plummet

teddybear
19-05-09, 20:40
May be you have not seen the really rich people, and there are many in Singapore from all over the world because of the good living environment. They can't be bothered with the few thousand dollars as they just state a price and leave it to the agents. No hit their asking price no rent out.

they leave it vacant becos they have no choice, not becos they want to :(

number of buyers lapping up mickey mouse units, studios, 2 bedders are a sign that the recovery is a false one.. and if it is false it is a trap :scared-3:

meanwhile rental will continue to plummet

mr funny
20-05-09, 02:34
http://www.straitstimes.com/Money/Story/STIStory_378581.html

May 19, 2009 Tuesday

Price cuts draw buyers to 3 condo relaunches

http://www.straitstimes.com/STI/STIMEDIA/image/20090519/b16-2.jpg
Parc Centennial sold 32 units at $1,115 psf to $1,233 psf over the weekend. Prices were about 20 per cent lower than last year's $1,450 psf. -- PHOTO: EL DEVELOPMENT

THREE prime condominium projects that struggled to generate interest last year saw a surge of buyer activity over the weekend after developers cut their prices.

The freehold 19-storey Parc Centennial in Kampong Java Road - where all 51 units are served by private lifts - sold 32 units at $1,115 per square foot (psf) to $1,233 psf, or from $1.27 million to $1.93 million. This price level is about 20 per cent lower than last year's $1,450 psf, and the interest absorption scheme is included.

Developer EL Development sold only six units in April and May last year when the project was originally released for sale. And at a private preview in March this year, it sold a 2,486 sq ft penthouse unit for $1,005 psf.

It held a preview this past weekend and has now sold all the two-bedroom units, which start from 1,098 sq ft. The three-bedders increase in size to 1,572 sq ft.

Managing director Lim Yew Soon said he had raised the prices of the remaining 12 three-bedroom units at Parc Centennial by 2 per cent.

Over at the 302-unit Martin Place Residences in River Valley, a soft launch over the weekend saw sales of 80 units at $1,450 psf on average, out of a total of 100 units launched.

Developer Frasers Centrepoint Homes said the 'attractive pricing' drew buyers. It released units priced from $1,260 psf to $1,700 psf, compared with the initial 28 units sold at $1,700 psf to $2,000 psf last year.

Singaporeans made up 62 per cent of the buyers at Martin Place Residences, with the rest being permanent residents and foreigners.

Earlier, CapitaLand had reported strong weekend sales at its 173-unit The Wharf Residence. About 95 per cent of the buyers chose not to take up the stamp duty waiver and interest absorption, preferring a straight 8 per cent price cut, it said yesterday.

Prices started at just below $1,000 psf for units with private enclosed space and many of the weekend deals were done at less than $1,300 psf, industry sources said.

Attractive price cuts, coupled with the recent stock market rally and a fear of losing out, are some of the key factors spurring buyer interest, experts said.

Compared with the situation late last year, buyers are more confident and developers seem to be taking advantage of improving sentiment to relaunch projects at attractive prices, said PropNex chief executive Mohamed Ismail.

JOYCE TEO

Reporter
05-11-09, 12:40
http://www.straitstimes.com/STI/STIMEDIA/common/mast_home.gif
Foreigners back in private home market
Foreign buyers are streaming back into the private homes market in growing numbers, especially those from China
Joyce Teo
The Straits Times
Thursday, 5 November 2009

http://www.straitstimes.com/STI/STIMEDIA/image/20091105/homesales-st.jpg
New research from property consultancy Savills Singapore shows foreigners accounted for 22.7% of private home sales in the third quarter. -- Photo: Desmond Foo, ST

Foreign buyers are streaming back into the private homes market in growing numbers, especially those from China.

New research from property consultancy Savills Singapore shows foreigners accounted for 22.7% of private home sales in the third quarter – above the 19.7% average since the start of 2000.

Buyers from China have dislodged those from India for the No. 3 spot in the rankings this year with a contribution of nearly 15% of total foreign purchases. This puts China just behind Indonesia in the second spot and Malaysia at No. 1.

In the past two years, India had been in third spot, but it has slipped to fourth.

Last year, buyers from China had moved up to the No. 4 spot, dislodging buyers from Britain.

Buyers from Myanmar featured more strongly, coming in at No. 8. They did not make it to the top 10 last year, and were 10th in 2007.

In the July to September period, foreign buyers – including permanent residents – lodged 2,448 private home caveats, a key step to buying a home.

This is up from 1,807 caveats in the second quarter and just 498 in the first, according to data compiled by Savills.

In all, permanent residents bought 1,389 homes in the third quarter.

DTZ said its preliminary data for the third quarter showed that foreigners accounted for about 25% of total sales, compared with about 33% during the boom of 2007.

The most popular project sought by foreigners was Sophia Residence, a project launched in July. Then came Caribbean at Keppel Bay, Ascentia Sky, One Devonshire and Viva.

Permanent residents preferred Melville Park, a 99-year leasehold condominium in Simei, the recently launched Trevista, followed by Caribbean at Keppel Bay.

About 54% of the purchases by China buyers were for resale homes, said DTZ head of South-east Asia research Chua Chor Hoon.

Like Malaysian buyers, buyers from China tend to prefer homes priced between $500,000 and $1 million.

One-fifth of them bought homes costing $1.5 million to as much as $5 million.

Indonesians, however, tended to go for higher priced projects, particularly those priced $1.5 million to $5 million.

They like properties located at Novena, River Valley and the Singapore River.

They had been the biggest group of foreign buyers, taking first place from 2004 to 2007, only to lose the spot to Malaysia during the recent economic crisis, said Ms Christine Sun, Savills Singapore’s senior research & consultancy manager.

The latest figures featured a substantial rise in the number of foreign transactions for higher-priced properties.

A total of 86 properties priced above $5 million were sold in the quarter, up from 27 in the second and a mere six in the first.

Also, there was a 60% rise in deals for projects costing between $1.5 million and $5 million. Demand from foreigners for mass market homes was little changed from the second quarter.

Savills said recent data showed that foreigners who are not permanent residents tend to buy more pricey projects.

This group was also more likely to buy homes in prime districts than permanent residents, said Ms Sun. ‘We are hearing that more of these super-rich mainland Chinese buyers have come in recent weeks to buy prime properties like the bungalows in Sentosa Cove.’

But the big influx of foreigners to the luxury market in the 2006-2007 boom has not quite returned, consultants said.

Still, support from regional buyers could rise further. Jones Lang LaSalle’s head of residential, Ms Jacqueline Wong, said the firm has had rising interest from new potential buyers from India, China and Russia in the past four months.

‘We are one of the places they are considering. They see Singapore as a safe haven,’ said Ms Wong.

A senior private banker at a foreign bank said: ‘We are seeing some clients consider buying a Singapore property as one of a string of homes they have around the world. Luxury homes have come down 30% from the peak, so they are better value now.’

DTZ’s Ms Chua said foreign buyers see the growing attraction of Singapore as a global city and expect prices to keep rising as the economy strengthens.

‘Prices of prime and luxurious units have not reached 2007 levels and there is still the potential of capital appreciation depending on the rate of economic recovery,’ she said.

http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii268/kcc0002/ForeignBuyersOnTheRise.jpg

Reporter
29-01-10, 18:26
http://www.theedgesingapore.com/images/logo.png
Aspen Heights condo resale price hits $1,450 psf
The Edge
Monday, 25 January 2010

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3231/2825228952_5c677d5762.jpg
Aspen Heights

Aspen Heights may be 11 years old, but the massive 606-unit condominium located along River Valley Road has been enjoying a resurgence of interest from homebuyers, riding on strong sales of new developments nearby. After only 15 transactions hovering at the $1,000 psf level in the first half of 2009, more than 30 units have changed hands in 2H2009, with prices surging past $1,400 psf. For the period Dec 23 to 31, there were three caveats for units sold at $1,250 to $1,450 psf, according to URA Realis.

After the onset of the financial crisis in late 2008, prices at Aspen Heights sank below $1,000 psf for about half a year, before rebounding strongly in June 2009 with the rest of the market. The main reason for the upturn could be the strong sales of nearby developments, including The Wharf Residence and Martin Place Residences, which were among the top sellers last year.

The 2 upper-mid-tier projects were relaunched in mid-May last year at prices that were 20% lower than in early 2008. For instance, in mid-May last year, CapitaLand had priced the remaining units at the 173-unit The Wharf Residence on Tong Watt Road off River Valley Road at $1,200 to $1,500 psf, compared with $1,500 to $1,900 psf for the first phase released at previews in mid-2008. Meanwhile, Frasers Centrepoint Ltd also relaunched Martin Place Residences at Martin Place off Kim Yam Road at $1,260 to $1,700 psf, compared with its soft launch in early 2008, when 28 units were sold between $1,700 and $2,000 psf.

Since last May, however, prices of both projects have enjoyed an uplift. Last October, a high of $1,496 psf was achieved in a new sale by the developer when a 2,206 sq ft unit at The Wharf Residence was sold for $3.3 million. The condo is expected to be completed in 2013.

Likewise, at the 302-unit Martin Place Residence, sales have picked up since May. Last month, a 1,044 sqft unit was sold for $1.88 million, or $1,800 psf, in a sub-sale according to a Dec 2 caveat. This is a 13.7% gain for the original owner, who purchased the unit from Frasers Centrepoint Homes and sold it in just 6 months.

The buoyant demand for homes in the River Valley Road area could also have been sparked by the new shopping centres that opened along Orchard Road last year: ION Orchard, Orchard Central, 313@Somerset and Triple One Somerset (at the former Singapore Power Building site). Easy access to a range of good schools like River Valley Primary School and Singapore Management University as well as cafés and restaurants in the Robertson Quay area continue to reel in families with school-going children as well as investors.

New developments under construction have also drawn buyer interest to existing developments in the River Valley and Mohamed Sultan neighbourhood. The largest project in the area is easily Aspen Heights, developed by the former DBS Land (now part of CapitaLand). Units range from 882 sqft 2-bedroom apartments to 1,604 sqft for 4-bedrooms, while penthouses measure 2,691 to 3,143 sqft.

With prices recovering to 2007 levels, it’s also a good time for owners looking to sell their properties. According to a Dec 30 caveat, a 1,324 sqft unit on the fifth floor of block 263 (one of two blocks) changed hands for $1.67 million, or $1,260 psf, translating into a 23% gain for the seller, who purchased the unit in early 2007.

On the 10th floor of the neighbouring block 261, a 2,691 sqft penthouse fetched $3.9 million, or $1,450 psf. That’s a 19% gain for the seller, who purchased the unit for $3.28 million 3 years ago, according to a March 2007 caveat.

With renewed investor interest in projects in Orchard Road and investors targeting both older projects and new launches, it won’t be surprising to see resale prices at Aspen Heights returning to or even surpassing mid-2007 levels.

Reporter
31-01-10, 09:31
http://bhtest.asia1.com.sg/mnt/static/image/images/topMasthead_small.gif
Mohamed Sultan Road office site up for sale
New bid is double the one URA received in 2008
Emilyn Yap
The Business Times
Friday, 29 January 2010

The Urban Redevelopment Authority (URA) will be launching a transitional office site at Mohamed Sultan Road for sale in around 2 weeks' time, after a developer committed to pay at least $9.33 million for it.

http://www.businesstimes.com.sg/mnt/media/image/launched/2010-01-29/BT_IMAGES_EYMS29.jpg

The bid, which works out to $94 psf ppr, is double that which URA received in 2008 when it last tried to sell the site. This has raised a few eyebrows, considering the soft state of affairs in the office market.

The 15-year-leasehold office site has a site area of 66,482 sqft and a maximum permissible gross floor area (GFA) of 99,728 sqft. It can accommodate a 4-storey building.

DTZ executive director Ong Choon Fah believes that the parcel stood out because of its location, which is not too far from the central business district (CBD) and is near entertainment spots at Clarke Quay. Companies in the creative industry may find the site attractive, she said.

Cushman & Wakefield Singapore managing director Donald Han agrees that the site's location is appealing. Given the relatively high offer, he suggests that the bidder could be a firm looking to own and occupy the site, or a developer which 'knows the game, and is confident of developing transitional office sites'.

He added that the bidder could be expecting a recovery in the office market and as a result, higher rents in future, after the development on the office site is ready around the 2nd half of 2011.

Leasing activity in the office market has picked up in the last few months as the economy stabilised. 'Although we expect office rents to continue to slide perhaps to the end of this year or early next year, the worst is probably over,' says Mrs Ong. 'There's a lot more confidence.'

But both consultants do not expect to see many other bidders for the site when the tender is launched. With this bid being so much higher than the previous one, 'there could be some segments saying 'it's not cheap',' Mr Han quipped.

URA had launched the site for sale in August 2008 when it was on the confirmed list. It received one bid of $4.65 million or $47 psf ppr from RSP Architects Planners & Engineers, but rejected it as it was too low. URA transferred the site to the reserve list in October that year.

The agency last sold a transitional office site at Scotts Road/Anthony Road in May 2008, for $32.99 million or $226 psf ppr.

Separately, owners of the freehold residential development Holland Hill Lodge have put their estate up for collective sale. The asking price ranges from $15 million to $16 million, and this translates to a land price of $1,038-$1,107 psf ppr, based on a gross plot ratio of 1.6.

The site measures some 9,033 sqft and the existing GFA of the development is 18,086 sq ft. The owners are checking with the authorities on whether this GFA can be fully utilised upon redevelopment.

Credo Real Estate is marketing the site and the tender closes on 25 February 2010.

Reporter
04-02-10, 22:29
A hold-for-7-months subsale?

The Wharf Residence
Address ........................... psf .............. Area .......... Price ............ Contract Date
7 Tong Watt Road #14-02 .... $1,449 psf .... 1,033 sqft .... $1,497,000 .... 15 Jan 10
7 Tong Watt Road #14-02 .... $1,316 psf .... 1,033 sqft .... $1,359,000 .... 10 Jun 09

proud owner
23-02-10, 05:21
A hold-for-7-months subsale?

The Wharf Residence
Address ........................... psf .............. Area .......... Price ............ Contract Date
7 Tong Watt Road #14-02 .... $1,449 psf .... 1,033 sqft .... $1,497,000 .... 15 Jan 10
7 Tong Watt Road #14-02 .... $1,316 psf .... 1,033 sqft .... $1,359,000 .... 10 Jun 09

lucky chap ... delay a bit more kana charge stamp duty again

Reporter
23-02-10, 08:15
lucky chap ... delay a bit more kana charge stamp duty again
You mean "luckily the buyer bought early otherwise he will "kana" SSD when he sell"?

The seller obviously won't have to pay any SSD regardless of his date of sale.

Squall8888
05-03-10, 14:50
A 2 bedroom just sold at 2450 psf. I think the buyer didn't do enough researches. There are many units at 1400 to 1500 psf. Hahaha.

You must be a seller that wanted to sell your condo for $2.5kpsf. Dream on.

dtrax
05-03-10, 15:11
I think stupidity also got limit right? $2.4k psf is totally crazy, if its really true I cant think of any reason why someone will pay at that price even if he got too much $$$ to spare :banghead:

Reporter
05-03-10, 17:53
A 2 bedroom just sold at 2450 psf. I think the buyer didn't do enough researches. There are many units at 1400 to 1500 psf. Hahaha.
The Wharf Residence has a nëw hïgh at $2,450 psf?
No biggie!
Everyone else is also breaking nëw hïgh these days.

yunjc
05-03-10, 18:48
Ai yo:doh: with 2450psf can get Rivergate or ResMartin Place Residences good units still got excess leh. Spoilt market somemore at wrong project :banghead:

yunjc
05-03-10, 18:52
ai yo....:doh: with 2450psf can get Rivergate or Martin Place Residences good units still got excess leh. Spoilt market somemore at wrong project :scared-4:

saab
05-03-10, 22:20

Hi...but sorry...where you got this information..I don't think can be true..?

Reporter
07-03-10, 12:14
ai yo....:doh: with 2450psf can get Rivergate or Martin Place Residences good units still got excess leh. Spoilt market somemore at wrong project :scared-4:
1-year-old Rivergate at $1,911 psf?
Err ... but it's for big unit leh. 2-bedder for more than $2,500 psf?

Hey! $1,909 psf is also so yesterday. It's now $1,911 psf.

Rivergate
Address............................ psf............... Area.......... Price............ Contract Date
93 Robertson Quay #34-01.... $1,911 psf.... 1,798 sqft.... $3,436,000.... 17 Feb 10

Martin Place Residences 2-bedder at $1,800 psf?
Err ... but that's more than 3 months ago. Now the same 2-bedder for more than $2,500 psf?

Hey!
Next time, pass this kindda only-need-to-hold-6-months lobang to me please!
$1,800 psf?
What a lucky guy from Martin Place Residences!

Martin Place Residences
Address ..................... psf .............. Area ........... Price ............ Contract Date
2 Martin Place #29-06 .... $1,800 psf .... 1,044 sqft .... $1,879,000 ...... 2 Dec 09
2 Martin Place #29-06 .... $1,582 psf .... 1,044 sqft .... $1,652,000 .... 25 May 09

blackjack21trader
07-03-10, 15:40

Err ... but that's more than 3 months ago. Now the same 2-bedder for more than $2,500 psf?

Really appreciate your reports, Reporter! That info helps me alot. Thanks!

blackjack21trader
07-03-10, 16:49
Rule 1: When it is cheap, it is cheap for a reason.

A stock price reflects the health of the company. Buying stock is not like shopping, you don't go for bargains. You go for healthy company.

Rule 2: Do not be afraid to take losses.

It is better to stop and take some losses rather than wait for a tumbling stock to recover. Usually, a dropping stock will drop further!

Rule 3: Never fall in love with any investment or stock.

You don't fall in love with something inanimate.

Rule 4: Use your head, not your heart.

If when you buy a stock, it drops. And when you sell, it risies. Then you have been trading with your heart and not your brain. Read those financial statements again, don't be lazy!

Rule 5: Don't average down !

To average down is to walk into a trap. It is wiser to average up.

Rule 6: Let the gains run, but stop the losses.

When you are winning on a trade, let it runs until your profit objective is achieved. But when you are on a losing trade, better take some monies off the table.

Rule 7: If you can't sleep over a pick, most probably it is a bad pick.

You have overlooked something. Your instinct is sending some signals to your brain. Review your stock pick.

Rule 8: Don't show hand ! ( Meaning: dump all you have into a single investment )

Because you will be at the mercy of one investment. If this fails, it is game over for you. However, if you keep some bullets, you can shoot like Rambo later again .

Rule 9: Listen only to analysts that have a single-sided opinion. Shun those who give you 2-sided advice.

Analyst who cannot give you a straight forward one sided view usually don't know what they are talking about or are just plain cowards . In investment, you always seek opinions which are presented one sided .You decide on the opinions later whether they are right or wrong on your own. They are the presenters, you are the decision maker. So, it is hardly useful when an analyst tells you “ The economy may recover in the next quarter, but it may not also due to...etc etc.” Come on, ANALYSTS ARE NOT POLITICIANS, YOU DON'T NEED A DIPLOMATIC ANALYST! An inconclusive analysis will only cripple and confuse your mind.

Rule 10: Discipline Vs Setting Targets.

Normally, in trading stocks, a human will not execute his orders even when the price targets are met many times. He will just watch them as his profits disappear or his losses escalate as if enjoying it. In trading, setting targets is very important and you have to be discipline enough to execute your orders when your targets are reached. It is important to be discipline in this because for a private trader, your are actually trading against a market of automated trading systems. Basically, the rule is to set a profit objective and a stop loss target. When your stock reaches the profit objective, execute it. And when it reaches your loss target, execute it. Be as emotionless as possible when you execute the trades. In reality, easier said than done but can be done!

Rule 11: Pick a winner, not a loser.

Rule 12: Your Due Diligence.

More to come.....

Disclaimers: Use the information on this page with discretion and due diligence. The investment principles presented here are very contrarian and based purely on personal trading experience. I am trained in business administration, I DO NOT have a finance,economic or stock trading degree. What works for me, may not work for you. I shall not be responsible for any loss or anything you do with any information on this site.

HP65
07-03-10, 19:06

A stock price reflects the health of the company. Buying stock is not like shopping, you don't go for bargains. You go for healthy company.

It is better to stop and take some losses rather than wait for a tumbling stock to recover. Usually, a dropping stock will drop further!

If when you buy a stock, it drops. And when you sell, it risies. Then you have been trading with your heart and not your brain. Read those financial statements again, don't be lazy!

When you are winning on a trade, let it runs until your profit objective is achieved. But when you are on a losing trade, better take some monies off the table.

You have overlooked something. Your instinct is sending some signals to your brain. Review your stock pick.

Rule 8: Don't show hand ! ( Meaning: dump all you have into a single investment )

Because you will be at the mercy of one investment. If this fails, it is game over for you. However, if you keep some bullets, you can shoot like Rambo later again .

Rule 9: Listen only to analysts that have a single-sided opinion. Shun those who give you 2-sided advice.

Analyst who cannot give you a straight forward one sided view usually don't know what they are talking about or are just plain cowards . In investment, you always seek opinions which are presented one sided .You decide on the opinions later whether they are right or wrong on your own. They are the presenters, you are the decision maker. So, it is hardly useful when an analyst tells you “ The economy may recover in the next quarter, but it may not also due to...etc etc.” Come on, ANALYSTS ARE NOT POLITICIANS, YOU DON'T NEED A DIPLOMATIC ANALYST! An inconclusive analysis will only cripple and confuse your mind.

Normally, in trading stocks, a human will not execute his orders even when the price targets are met many times. He will just watch them as his profits disappear or his losses escalate as if enjoying it. In trading, setting targets is very important and you have to be discipline enough to execute your orders when your targets are reached. It is important to be discipline in this because for a private trader, your are actually trading against a market of automated trading systems. Basically, the rule is to set a profit objective and a stop loss target. When your stock reaches the profit objective, execute it. And when it reaches your loss target, execute it. Be as emotionless as possible when you execute the trades. In reality, easier said than done but can be done!

More to come.....

Disclaimers: Use the information on this page with discretion and due diligence. The investment principles presented here are very contrarian and based purely on personal trading experience. I am trained in business administration, I DO NOT have a finance,economic or stock trading degree. What works for me, may not work for you. I shall not be responsible for any loss or anything you do with any information on this site.

Excellent advice!

HP65
07-03-10, 19:07

More to come.....

Excellent advice!!

yunjc
07-03-10, 22:36

Paisei I meant 2450psf to buy 2rms @ Wharf, might as well get RG or Martin Place residences @ 1800 to 2000 psf :rolleyes:

Reporter
09-03-10, 13:43
The last-last time was 1 month. The last time was 2 weeks. This time it is 1 week.
In just a week, The Cosmopolitan has a nëw hïgh of $2,000 psf!

Can we all say "finally"?

The Cosmopolitan
Address ............................ psf ............... Area .......... Price ............ Contract Date
202 Kim Seng Road #27-08 .... $2,000 psf .... 1,679 sqft .... $3,358,000 .... 22 Feb 10

While some forumers choose to spend their time debating on The Wharf Residence's $2,450 psf subsale, little did they realise nearby The Cosmopolitan has already hit $2,000 psf via a caveat lodged 2 weeks ago! The actual sale was obviously signed many weeks back.

Perhaps they should consider spending their time finding out what psf's have been signed lately in the market? $2,450 psf is really no biggie! Why spend time over it?

Squall8888
09-03-10, 14:42
IMO, 2k psf is nothing for cosmopolitan. Wait till you see the caveats of Clift and Icon. Not forgetting Sail carpark unit. And MBR stack 10. That will be stunning. I heard from agents, FEO started selling Clift again. High floor but I am surprised that they still have stock. What buyers need to do is to submit cheque for FEO to release the units. FEO forever FEO. Haha.

While some forumers choose to spend their time debating on The Wharf Residence's $2,450 psf subsale, little did they realise nearby The Cosmopolitan has already hit $2,000 psf via a caveat lodged 2 weeks ago! The actual sale was obviously signed many weeks back.

Perhaps they should consider spending their time finding out what psf's have been signed lately in the market? $2,450 psf is really no biggie! Why spend time over it?

Reporter
13-03-10, 16:01
IMO, 2k psf is nothing for cosmopolitan. Wait till you see the caveats of Clift and Icon. Not forgetting Sail carpark unit. And MBR stack 10. That will be stunning. I heard from agents, FEO started selling Clift again. High floor but I am surprised that they still have stock. What buyers need to do is to submit cheque for FEO to release the units. FEO forever FEO. Haha.
You know something about The Sail at Marina Bay that we don't?

$3,413 psf?
Wow!
So we have finally broken the all-time-high record of $3,387 psf set on 4 April 2008?

pweesng
16-03-10, 15:03
Hi Guys,

just a bit curious... i seems to got lost somewhere in the thread.

since when did Wharf trade for $2,450 psf?

Did i missed something along the way?

Cheers,

stalingrad
16-03-10, 15:56
the debate is getting sillier and sillier by the second. 110 units of the wharf are for sale on propertyguru.com alone in a project that houses only 180 units.

but there are only one or two transactions per month. the market is so thin, so what is so big deal about a abnormally high price every now and then? It's inside trading between related parties.

the same silly thing is happening with the cosmopolitan. in a 200-plus project, 100 are for sale. again, there is only one or two transactions per month. So, what is the big deal about the price achieved?

you guys better stop talking nonsense all the time. the market is thin, and the stock is not moving in the subsale market. the only thing moving is the launch market, which is just a big casino, so the pricing there is not indicative of anything.

rivergate is another example, one year after TOP, 200 units are for sale. go figure it out.

saab
16-03-10, 16:27
the debate is getting sillier and sillier by the second. 110 units of the wharf are for sale on propertyguru.com alone in a project that houses only 180 units.

but there are only one or two transactions per month. the market is so thin, so what is so big deal about a abnormally high price every now and then? It's inside trading between related parties.

the same silly thing is happening with the cosmopolitan. in a 200-plus project, 100 are for sale. again, there is only one or two transactions per month. So, what is the big deal about the price achieved?

you guys better stop talking nonsense all the time. the market is thin, and the stock is not moving in the subsale market. the only thing moving is the launch market, which is just a big casino, so the pricing there is not indicative of anything.

rivergate is another example, one year after TOP, 200 units are for sale. go figure it out.

these are agents duplicate / counter advertising lah...Given 1 unit 10 agents all advertise at same time => 10 units available loh...especially on those websites....anyone also can insert advert lah....not reliable one....track S.T. papers advert but again not reliable on those that put long list....basically they just compile and collate from telemarketeers or admin ask to compile on available owners' units in market then they take and whack on papers as if their units....when you call they say...huh..huh...let them check on seller how....

If new launch can move at record volume and prices, it is just a matter of time that subsale market will move.... because when buyers find better value in subsale market then they will buy....imagine cairnhill's laurel launching 3000 to 3100psf for a 2 bedroom and buyers snap....it will make cairnhill residences and rhapsody on mount elizabeth brand new at 2500 psf seem cheap....why people then won't buy in the subsale market....please explain...? Similarly when this epicentre of laurels and urban suites spread from cairnhill area, neighbouring subsale developments and resale developments will start to benefit in next upcoming 2 to 3 months as they become relatively cheap then....please explain then why people won't buy in subsale.....when there are advantages to be taken of in the market....

teddybear
16-03-10, 16:34
A transaction is a transaction. A higher transaction will bring up the valuation of all other apartments in the estate that is for sale. Cosmopolitan at $2000 psf I am not surprise anyway (I would say "under-valued") if The Vision can sell at $1200 psf.

saab
16-03-10, 16:34
these are agents duplicate / counter advertising lah...Given 1 unit 10 agents all advertise at same time => 10 units available loh...especially on those websites....anyone also can insert advert lah....not reliable one....track S.T. papers advert but again not reliable on those that put long list....basically they just compile and collate from telemarketeers or admin ask to compile on available owners' units in market then they take and whack on papers as if their units....when you call they say...huh..huh...let them check on seller how....

If new launch can move at record volume and prices, it is just a matter of time that subsale market will move.... because when buyers find better value in subsale market then they will buy....imagine cairnhill's laurel launching 3000 to 3100psf for a 2 bedroom and buyers snap....it will make cairnhill residences and rhapsody on mount elizabeth brand new at 2500 psf seem cheap....why people then won't buy in the subsale market....please explain...? Similarly when this epicentre of laurels and urban suites spread from cairnhill area, neighbouring subsale developments and resale developments will start to benefit in next upcoming 2 to 3 months as they become relatively cheap then....please explain then why people won't buy in subsale.....when there are advantages to be taken of in the market....

1 more perspective to share:-

There is no additional advantage from buying from a developer 'cos now there is no IAS or DPS....So buying from subsale and developer no difference to a buyer....only advantage for developer is really just pyschology lah...nice showflat....aggressive marketing from their agents....bank valuations....buying into the future dreams and promises etc. etc. Pyschology of why not buying from subsales is hate to let other people make money but nevermind if it is for developer to make because they are developers??? C'mon, from a buyer's perspective in actual fact why care....as long as don't go against own's pockets!;)

teddybear
16-03-10, 16:38
Sometimes, it is just herd mentality OR these people buy not for profit???. I just can't see how people are willing to put down 20% downpayment, pay interests on remaining 80% loan for next 3 years for the condo to be built but not willing to buy resale at much cheaper price and start collecting net rental income right away! Strange strange phenomenon?

There is no additional advantage from buying from a developer 'cos now there is no IAS or DPS....So buying from subsale and developer no difference to a buyer....only advantage for developer is really just pyschology lah...nice showflat....aggressive marketing from their agents....bank valuations....buying into the future dreams and promises etc. etc. Pyschology of why not buying from subsales is hate to let other people make money but nevermind if it is for developer to make because they are developers??? C'mon, from a buyer's perspective in actual fact why care....as long as don't go against own's pockets!;)

saab
16-03-10, 16:46
Sometimes, it is just herd mentality OR these people buy not for profit???. I just can't see how people are willing to put down 20% downpayment, pay interests on remaining 80% loan for next 3 years for the condo to be built but not willing to buy resale at much cheaper price and start collecting net rental income right away! Strange strange phenomenon?

Well said...now buying direct from developers got to service progressive payment 'cos no more IAS liao!!! So why not buy subsale just TOP or Resale (if don't stay still can collect rental).... so it doesn't make sense that there is a primary market and no secondary market....unless as discussed just now developers got advantage...but we question ourselves do developers really have advantage as their most powerful weapon IAS have been taken away from them.....

I guess next is that buyers just like "new" things lah......"NEW" means nice, good, most modern....just like we also like to buy new car models new fridge models, new tv models...lah....human psychology lah.....

Reporter
16-03-10, 17:58
Hi Guys,

just a bit curious... i seems to got lost somewhere in the thread.

since when did Wharf trade for $2,450 psf?

Did i missed something along the way?

Cheers,
Not to worry. That $2,450 psf was 11 days ago. You have lost only about 2 weeks.

Anyway, we all have been asking these questions, haven't we?

Why buy The Wharf Residence subsale at $2,450 psf?

Why buy going-9-year-old Ardmore Park at $3,688 psf?
Why buy going-2-year-old The Sail at Marina Bay at $3,413 psf?
Why buy Marina Bay Residences subsale at $3,130 psf?
Why buy going-1-year-old The Tate Residences at $2,946 psf?
Why buy Ardmore II subsale at $2,829 psf?
Why buy The Trillium subsale at $2,100 psf?
Why buy The Cosmopolitan subsale at $2,000 psf?
Why buy 3-year-old The Pier at Robertson at $1,917 psf?
Why buy 1-year-old Rivergate at $1,911 psf?
Why buy going-1-year-old City Square Residence at $1,297 psf?
Why buy 8@Woodleigh subsale at $1,130 psf?
Why buy going-6-year-old Nuovo EC at $674 psf?

Why not buy The Laurel at $4,978 psf?
Why not buy Keng-Chin-Road's Cyan at $2,499 psf?
Why not buy Amber's Silversea at $1,946 psf?
Why not buy District-21 Jardin at $1,903 psf?
Why not buy District-19 Residences Botanique at $1,333 psf?
Why not buy Telok-Kurau's The Sound from $1,480 psf?

Some of them is 9-year-old. Some of them is 6-year-old-district-20 EC.
So old! Why buy them?
Why not buy The Laurel, Cyan, Silversea, Jardin, Residences Botanique, The Sound, etc.?
So new! So nice!
I don't know as I am no expert.

P.S.: What is District-5 conman "stalingrad" doing here? I still remember the last time I shout his name "conman" on 14 December 2009 in the Estuary thread.

teddybear
16-03-10, 20:26
But if I buy new car models new fridge models, new tv models etc etc, I can feel and test how it is like before I buy to make sure that IT is really what I will get and I get to enjoy the usage immediately. Buy a "NEW" property (should be called a piece of S&P paper instead) and have to wait for 3 years to know what is the real quality and don't even know I like the final product or not and still having to pay interest for it? Siao Ah? (Need to wait for 3 years to know what is the "selected stone" for my flooring in the brochure?) :banghead:

Well said...now buying direct from developers got to service progressive payment 'cos no more IAS liao!!! So why not buy subsale just TOP or Resale (if don't stay still can collect rental).... so it doesn't make sense that there is a primary market and no secondary market....unless as discussed just now developers got advantage...but we question ourselves do developers really have advantage as their most powerful weapon IAS have been taken away from them.....

I guess next is that buyers just like "new" things lah......"NEW" means nice, good, most modern....just like we also like to buy new car models new fridge models, new tv models...lah....human psychology lah.....

stalingrad
16-03-10, 20:35

if duplicate sales explain the large number for sale, the why are the number of many other condos for sales down to 30 or even 20. examples are many, varsity park, carabelle, etc. what that suggest is that the surfeit of units for sale at plush projects are real, not phantom.

The market has bifurcated. mass condos are moving. high end ones are not. mass condos can sell 10 or 20 units a month. but high end ones sells only one or two per month.

If you own a luxury condos like duchess residences, you are cooked. you should at least lose 40% if not more. owners of duchess residences have lost 20% even if you think the prices asked are indicative of the market value.

teddybear
16-03-10, 21:05
This you may be don't know - There are many more agents who just deal with properties in CCR and no where else. As such, they make multiple postings, including those they co-broke. If I am a property agent I also rather focus on CCR only where each deal closed net much much higher commission than those mass market condos (and the efforts needed are the same anyway and they have more own free time).

if duplicate sales explain the large number for sale, the why are the number of many other condos for sales down to 30 or even 20. examples are many, varsity park, carabelle, etc. what that suggest is that the surfeit of units for sale at plush projects are real, not phantom.

The market has bifurcated. mass condos are moving. high end ones are not. mass condos can sell 10 or 20 units a month. but high end ones sells only one or two per month.

If you own a luxury condos like duchess residences, you are cooked. you should at least lose 40% if not more. owners of duchess residences have lost 20% even if you think the prices asked are indicative of the market value.

stalingrad
16-03-10, 21:14
This you may be don't know - There are many more agents who just deal with properties in CCR and no where else. As such, they make multiple postings, including those they co-broke. If I am a property agent I also rather focus on CCR only where each deal closed net much much higher commission than those mass market condos (and the efforts needed are the same anyway and they have more own free time).

the fact remains that the market for condos in ccr is very very thin. you can't sell your units unless you take a 20-30% haircut. that you can't deny.

I also doubt your theory has any validity.

moneyspinner
16-03-10, 21:29
the fact remains that the market for condos in ccr is very very thin. you can't sell your units unless you take a 20-30% haircut. that you can't deny.

I also doubt your theory has any validity.

So, if you have purchased a CCR unit from the developer at the current high prices, the chances are that you may have to hold on to it for quite a while and pray hard that you can find a tenant to finance your bank loan. Unless of course you have plenty of cash and can afford to leave it empty meanwhile. Alternatively, stay in the unit. Conclusion is the prices of condo in CCR has gone beyond the affordability level of most potential buyers in the Singapore pte property market.

teddybear
16-03-10, 21:35
True for New sale but not true for resale. There are still bargains there in CCR but only limited to resale (you just have to go and sniff out). These properties can still get gross yield of about 4%.

So, if you have purchased a CCR unit from the developer at the current high prices, the chances are that you may have to hold on to it for quite a while and pray hard that you can find a tenant to finance your bank loan. Unless of course you have plenty of cash and can afford to leave it empty meanwhile. Alternatively, stay in the unit. Conclusion is the prices of condo in CCR has gone beyond the affordability level of most potential buyers in the Singapore pte property market.

moneyspinner
16-03-10, 21:55
True for New sale but not true for resale. There are still bargains there in CCR but only limited to resale (you just have to go and sniff out). These properties can still get gross yield of about 4%.

True but the caveat is you are able to get the tenancy for the yield. With more new condos coming up, this can be a challenge especially when the rental market is still soft. Recap - what is supporting the current property prices is basically exceptionally low interest rates and the dearth in alternative investment opportunities with lower risk.

teddybear
16-03-10, 22:12
Given the low interest rates of <1.5%, any net rental yield >2.5% is a good bargain and investment.

True but the caveat is you are able to get the tenancy for the yield. With more new condos coming up, this can be a challenge especially when the rental market is still soft. Recap - what is supporting the current property prices is basically exceptionally low interest rates and the dearth in alternative investment opportunities with lower risk.

jlrx
16-03-10, 23:25
Given the low interest rates of <1.5%, any net rental yield >2.5% is a good bargain and investment.

What is supporting the current property prices is NOT exceptionally low interest rates, but PROPERTISM !!! (i.e. the effect of paper money losing all its value in the long run).

I have the urge to paste my historical chart showing interest rate of 19% p.a. yet property prices were still going up. But I'll control myself and refrain from doing so.

teddybear is right! And when interest rates go up, rental yield will also go up!

Ok here I have to show one news clipping (just one) (which some members may find boring). However, I always believe that we have to back up the things we say.

Look at Beverly Mai 1974, rental $2,500 p.m. ($30,000 p.a.) on capital cost of $235,000 means yield of 12.8% p.a. !!! :scared-4: However, interest rates during those days were correspondingly high as well (refer to clippings in my other posts).

http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn211/jlrx_bucket/BeverlyMai19740726.jpg

Most of the time, rental yield barely covers mortgage interest. However, ultimately, Beverly Mai was en blocked in 2007 for $4.4 million each. Compounded over 33 years, the capital appreciation was 9.3% p.a. Capital appreciation is the killer part.

stalingrad
17-03-10, 10:01
why so many people buy from the developers but not on the resale market. very simple, as I said, the psychology is different. If you buy from the developer, you are just buying an option. You are not buying a condo. Even when you exercise the option, you have 3 to 4 years to gamble with your unit with little financial commitments. Mind you you make progressive payments or no payments until TOP. So, psychologically, buying a condo from a developer is like long-drawn casino game. you are hoping that during that long pre-TOP period the price will go beyond what you are committed to pay the developer and you can make a profit. It is the feeling that you can wait and see over a long period of time that makes people throw caution to the wind. that is why I say the launch market is a giant casino. and the prices there are no where indicative of the true market value.

resale market is different. the moment you sign on the dotted line, you must fork over the whole amount to the seller. the game is over. the financial commitment is total. and if you gamble and lose, your whole life is ruined. That is why people are more cautious in the resale market.

Now we are seeing a bifurcated market, units are flying off the shelves so to speak in the launch market but nothing is moving in the resale market. now, you tell me, is the market supported by the fundamentals or the casino mentality of many singaporeans, who are so bored with their lives and they must gamble to relieve their boredom? And where is the market headed? Crash, of course.

saab
17-03-10, 10:33
why so many people buy from the developers but not on the resale market. very simple, as I said, the psychology is different. If you buy from the developer, you are just buying an option. You are not buying a condo. Even when you exercise the option, you have 3 to 4 years to gamble with your unit with little financial commitments. Mind you you make progressive payments or no payments until TOP. So, psychologically, buying a condo from a developer is like long-drawn casino game. you are hoping that during that long pre-TOP period the price will go beyond what you are committed to pay the developer and you can make a profit. It is the feeling that you can wait and see over a long period of time that makes people throw caution to the wind. that is why I say the launch market is a giant casino. and the prices there are no where indicative of the true market value.

resale market is different. the moment you sign on the dotted line, you must fork over the whole amount to the seller. the game is over. the financial commitment is total. and if you gamble and lose, your whole life is ruined. That is why people are more cautious in the resale market.

Now we are seeing a bifurcated market, units are flying off the shelves so to speak in the launch market but nothing is moving in the resale market. now, you tell me, is the market supported by the fundamentals or the casino mentality of many singaporeans, who are so bored with their lives and they must gamble to relieve their boredom? And where is the market headed? Crash, of course.

Your perspective is from that of a casino's gambler. Your crystal ball sees only a gambler's mentality of "hoping" to buy a new launch from a developer at outright 15% plus minus price higher in today's market context for a "pass" (that's what you call an option) for 3 to 4 years "hoping" to offload at a profit along the way, while serving progressive payments blah blah blah...('cos no IAS now). But the gambler will soon realise that the gap between the new launch and resale are widening at very fast pace with current rate going......

Look at these:- Cairnhill's Urban Suites ($2800 psf ave. almost 100% sold, if subsales can be found in market now guess how much?); Laurels ($3000 psf ave. - 135 taken up out of 179 previewed on last weekend); L'VIV ($2050 psf ave. - 110 taken up out of 147 officially launched only last weekend too); Altez (from $2250 psf now selling the 2 bedrooms loft at #30 floor and above and guess what already as of yesterday 15 units out of 36 available have been snapped up and feo not releasing any more units as of now...); waterscape at cavenagh (from $2000 psf now with limited units left out of 190 over launch since jan'10...); centennia suites (around 30 out of 97 taken as of yesterday at ave. $2100psf)....Trilight also selling reasonably well with ave. psf 1800 to 1900 now....New Launch Bukit Sembawang's The Vermont at Cairnhill aka besides VIDA lah....ranging $2500 psf to $3000 psf.....(take-up rates to be seen lah...) you mean we have so many "high rollers" around........

c'mon, resale not moving because:-
(1) banks have problems since jan'10 to match sellers' asking prices valuations....also
(2) resale sellers now keep on shifting goal posts as prices of new launches keep going up.....
(3) agents not so keen to service resale market with the new launch market so hot and easy to move....sell 1 new launch 0.3% and 1 resale 1 to 1.5% is like selling 3 to 4 new equivalent to 1 resale....why not go for new launch that sell like roti prata....
(4) buyers have no time to react that the value of difference between the 2 is huge and in no time when this gap gets bigger it will push them to resale market...

all property market boom is like that : New Launch (first movers); then nearby subsale (better value); then resale (no fish prawn also good - let's not miss out the party).

Property_Owner
17-03-10, 10:50
Gentlemen

Both of you are correct at some points. Interesting pointers.

Thanks for sharing.

Cheers :cheers1:

Reporter
17-03-10, 11:06
Gentlemen

Both of you are correct at some points. Interesting pointers.

Thanks for sharing.

Cheers :cheers1:
To me, patience is key and one should not jump to conclusion on the market too early.

I believe everyone here will be smiling soon to the bank with the profit from their subsales of The Wharf Residence.

Good luck, people!

stalingrad
17-03-10, 12:28
Your perspective is from that of a casino's gambler. Your crystal ball sees only a gambler's mentality of "hoping" to buy a new launch from a developer at outright 15% plus minus price higher in today's market context for a "pass" (that's what you call an option) for 3 to 4 years "hoping" to offload at a profit along the way, while serving progressive payments blah blah blah...('cos no IAS now). But the gambler will soon realise that the gap between the new launch and resale are widening at very fast pace with current rate going......

Look at these:- Cairnhill's Urban Suites ($2800 psf ave. almost 100% sold, if subsales can be found in market now guess how much?); Laurels ($3000 psf ave. - 135 taken up out of 179 previewed on last weekend); L'VIV ($2050 psf ave. - 110 taken up out of 147 officially launched only last weekend too); Altez (from $2250 psf now selling the 2 bedrooms loft at #30 floor and above and guess what already as of yesterday 15 units out of 36 available have been snapped up and feo not releasing any more units as of now...); waterscape at cavenagh (from $2000 psf now with limited units left out of 190 over launch since jan'10...); centennia suites (around 30 out of 97 taken as of yesterday at ave. $2100psf)....Trilight also selling reasonably well with ave. psf 1800 to 1900 now....New Launch Bukit Sembawang's The Vermont at Cairnhill aka besides VIDA lah....ranging $2500 psf to $3000 psf.....(take-up rates to be seen lah...) you mean we have so many "high rollers" around........

c'mon, resale not moving because:-
(1) banks have problems since jan'10 to match sellers' asking prices valuations....also
(2) resale sellers now keep on shifting goal posts as prices of new launches keep going up.....
(3) agents not so keen to service resale market with the new launch market so hot and easy to move....sell 1 new launch 0.3% and 1 resale 1 to 1.5% is like selling 3 to 4 new equivalent to 1 resale....why not go for new launch that sell like roti prata....
(4) buyers have no time to react that the value of difference between the 2 is huge and in no time when this gap gets bigger it will push them to resale market...

all property market boom is like that : New Launch (first movers); then nearby subsale (better value); then resale (no fish prawn also good - let's not miss out the party).
bearish sign. Don't fight the banks. they are smarter than you. they know that there is no demand for luxury condos on the resale market.

it is a free country. let them keep their unoccupied condos unoccupied. Who are we to tell these guys" enough is enough, don't inflict more pain on yourself."

Don't fight the agents, who know that the resale market for luxury condos is not moving. they, like the banks, are smarter than you and me. bearish sign again.

They are smarter than you are giving them credit for. They are not buying in the resale market, because they are in the market not to buy condos to live in to begin with, but rather to enjoy the thrills of gambling.

As I said, if you own a luxury condo, you are cooked. be prepared to lose 30 to 40% in the second half of the year.

bargain hunter
17-03-10, 13:15

LOL...the big test will come when duchess residences TOP in Q3 2010....will be very interesting.

There's a big penthouse, 2756sq ft, bought at 1811psf at the peak (one of the "cheaper" penthouse/garden mansionette already, there are others who bought at 1800+ to 2xxx psf). Cut loss at 1399psf at the bottom of the market. lost 22.7%. Some may say this guy is dumb but i think its not so bad. I can't imagine if he has to compete with another 23 penthouses and 24 garden mansionettes to sell when the project TOPs. Even if only 10 out of these 47 units are for sale also don't know if can find buyers. $4m or $5m for these, i think many would rather put their money closer to town or a better located, older development like Gallop Green.

stalingrad
17-03-10, 13:48
LOL...the big test will come when duchess residences TOP in Q3 2010....will be very interesting.

There's a big penthouse, 2756sq ft, bought at 1811psf at the peak (one of the "cheaper" penthouse/garden mansionette already, there are others who bought at 1800+ to 2xxx psf). Cut loss at 1399psf at the bottom of the market. lost 22.7%. Some may say this guy is dumb but i think its not so bad. I can't imagine if he has to compete with another 23 penthouses and 24 garden mansionettes to sell when the project TOPs. Even if only 10 out of these 47 units are for sale also don't know if can find buyers. $4m or $5m for these, i think many would rather put their money closer to town or a better located, older development like Gallop Green.

We actually went to the showflat, which the developer hired buses to take investors/gamblers to. By the mountain of flip flops and slippers at the entrance, we knew we came too late. Our suspicion was confirmed when we entered. Only the maisonettes remained. the last "normal unit was sold at $2200 psf.

there have been 3 subsales since the launch, none of which were even close to the launch price. the most recent one was at $1,600.

This serves as a warning to those speculators on the market today.

teddybear
17-03-10, 14:35
I would believe that anybody who buys luxury at today's price (especially the resale ones) probably still can see 30-40% upside in next 1-2 years (as the rich are not bounded by the income limits people usually use to justify that properties are over-priced. What is over-priced to the multi-millionaires? $50m or $10,000 psf then is over-priced to them probably?).

bearish sign. Don't fight the banks. they are smarter than you. they know that there is no demand for luxury condos on the resale market.

it is a free country. let them keep their unoccupied condos unoccupied. Who are we to tell these guys" enough is enough, don't inflict more pain on yourself."

Don't fight the agents, who know that the resale market for luxury condos is not moving. they, like the banks, are smarter than you and me. bearish sign again.

They are smarter than you are giving them credit for. They are not buying in the resale market, because they are in the market not to buy condos to live in to begin with, but rather to enjoy the thrills of gambling.

As I said, if you own a luxury condo, you are cooked. be prepared to lose 30 to 40% in the second half of the year.

saab
17-03-10, 14:58
I would believe that anybody who buys luxury at today's price (especially the resale ones) probably still can see 30-40% upside in next 1-2 years (as the rich are not bounded by the income limits people usually use to justify that properties are over-priced. What is over-priced to the multi-millionaires? $50m or $10,000 psf then is over-priced to them probably?).

Ya. especially in a global financial hub (ranked 4th in world after close behind hongkong) and have least corrupt government in world and have 2 urban world class casinos and 1 world class theme park and world class conventiona centres and theatres. And one and only road in the asia with branded shopping lining both sides of a 6 lanes road...aka orchard road lah..annual gdp to hit easily 6% in 2010 and 4% in 2011...and so on and so on and can't see anything but up hah!

bargain hunter
17-03-10, 15:39
i was "luckier". i was invited to the preview, then thought the "from 1800psf" preview price was not even fair becoz the UOB family and friends bought their units at 15xx to 17xxpsf just the few days before. however, i think out of the 3 subsales, the other 2 did not make a huge loss or may even have made a little because they are the family and friends who maybe bought their units at 15xx or 16xx. its the VVIP preview so-called "priviledged" and after that public buyers who suffer with the 1800 to 2300psf price tags. I still think the gap from insider buyers to public for UOL is always the largest among all the developers.

We actually went to the showflat, which the developer hired buses to take investors/gamblers to. By the mountain of flip flops and slippers at the entrance, we knew we came too late. Our suspicion was confirmed when we entered. Only the maisonettes remained. the last "normal unit was sold at $2200 psf.

there have been 3 subsales since the launch, none of which were even close to the launch price. the most recent one was at $1,600.

This serves as a warning to those speculators on the market today.

bargain hunter
17-03-10, 15:47
i think those who want to buy really must study each individual project closely. these are fun times. the super luxury, ie 2500psf and above types should have no problems. like teddy says, for the multi-millionaires, the sky's the limit. BUT for the millionaires and wannabes, better be careful. anyhow buy something more "affordable", later end up with a dud like duchess residences. :banghead:

Ya. especially in a global financial hub (ranked 4th in world after close behind hongkong) and have least corrupt government in world and have 2 urban world class casinos and 1 world class theme park and world class conventiona centres and theatres. And one and only road in the asia with branded shopping lining both sides of a 6 lanes road...aka orchard road lah..annual gdp to hit easily 6% in 2010 and 4% in 2011...and so on and so on and can't see anything but up hah!

Reporter
30-03-10, 11:15
You know something about The Sail at Marina Bay that we don't?

$3,413 psf?
Wow!
So we have finally broken the all-time-high record of $3,387 psf set on 4 April 2008?
Yes, you are right. You did know something we don't.

$3,500 psf for Marina Bay Residences?

Yes, "Property_Owner", you are right, . 發 .. 發 .. 發 . ! 发 发 发!

new2mondrian
30-03-10, 11:20
Yes, you are right. You did know something we don't.

Hey Reporter, was your big move at D9 = The Wharf Residences?

Somehow u kept us all guessing leh... :)

devilplate
02-05-10, 11:02

Buy subsale if its cheaper den nearby newly launches got pitfalls..Imagine first buyers bot at 1kpsf...now let say u buy at 1.6k bcoz new projects launch at 1.8k...yes, its cheaper by 200psf...but wat if crisis hit before it TOP, i can imagine many 1st time buyers throwing their units at 1.1 to 1.2k and they still can breakeven or make some $...Its not so simple...u nid to check the history and also how many units have changed hands oredi and at wat price so as to gauge ur bottom price if crisis hit.

Too add, usually if u were to buy subsale, u may have difficulty finding a bank to match ur prices.

Buy new project, prices can still drop...but not many ppl are willing to cut big losses. and when the economy rebounds, many of them will try to sell at least at breakeven prices....so not all new projects cannot touch and not all subsale is good...

dmon
14-11-11, 18:41
Why are units selling ard launching prices?

dtrax
14-11-11, 18:44
Basic wish come true? FYI new launch around 1k psf and <7flr were sold <1k psf

dmon
14-11-11, 18:48
Basic wish come true? FYI new launch around 1k psf and <7flr were sold <1k psf

Oic. Thot I read here someone mentioned 1.5-1.7k launching price.
But these prices still low for this district. Ard 1.4k psf

Investors don't intend to hold esp TOP next year?

bargain hunter
14-11-11, 22:03
2007 launch was indeed 1.5 to 1.7k but only a few units (if any? can't remember) were taken up. re launched at bottom in mar or apr 2009 at rock bottom pricing.

Oic. Thot I read here someone mentioned 1.5-1.7k launching price.
But these prices still low for this district. Ard 1.4k psf

Investors don't intend to hold esp TOP next year?

devilplate
14-11-11, 22:04
2007 launch was indeed 1.5 to 1.7k but only a few units (if any? can't remember) were taken up. re launched at bottom in mar or apr 2009 at rock bottom pricing.
when they relaunch during the recession, need to ballot! Wat an irony!

Btw relaunch at 1.1-1.2kpsf...

dmon
14-11-11, 22:11
$200-300psf margin for this area sounds like a bad investment
Investors selling before TOP next yr

dtrax
14-11-11, 22:11

I think you are referring to 2008, average is selling at 1.5kpsf, only 1 transaction at low 16xx psf. $500 psf discount of course hot till ballot!

dtrax
14-11-11, 22:13
$200-300psf margin for this area sounds like a bad investment
Investors selling before TOP next yr

This is not a fair assessment, it depends on entry point. It is like comparing the peak price before the recession then sell at current market price. Of course those who bot in early 08 will make peanut gains but those who bot at 1k psf can easily net 700-1mil depending on size of the unit invested

dmon
14-11-11, 22:15
So those who bought at first launch can't break even
Sad ?

dmon
14-11-11, 22:17
This is not a fair assessment, it depends on entry point. It is like comparing the peak price before the recession then sell at current market price. Of course those who bot in early 08 will make peanut gains but those who bot at 1k psf can easily net 700-1mil depending on size of the unit invested
Checking market pulse not micro assessing
I would expect it to be near martin place or river gate prices

dtrax
14-11-11, 22:21
Checking market pulse not micro assessing
I would expect it to be near martin place or river gate prices

The kim yam rd area, psf prices are lower than the condos at rivervalley road like RG, MPR and SS. You can check prices for waterford, even their psf are transacted much lower

bargain hunter
14-11-11, 22:22
no leh. not sure was it late 07/early 08 or not, 4 years already, can't remember. :ashamed1: but one day after the subprime burst i remembered casually walking into that temporary showflat which they built opposite rivergate and they told me 1500 to 1700psf. not a project i was keen on coz of the small land size vs no. of units and narrow pool so it didn't leave much impression.

I think you are referring to 2008, average is selling at 1.5kpsf, only 1 transaction at low 16xx psf. $500 psf discount of course hot till ballot!

dtrax
14-11-11, 22:23
no leh. not sure was it late 07/early 08 or not, 4 years already, can't remember. :ashamed1: but one day after the subprime burst i remembered casually walking into that temporary showflat which they built opposite rivergate and they told me 1500 to 1700psf. not a project i was keen on coz of the small land size vs no. of units and narrow pool so it didn't leave much impression.

07 I am certain no records unless no caveats being log for these 07 transactions

bargain hunter
14-11-11, 22:24
but the reason for that is big project with complete facilities + high rise vs boutique projects with small pools and limited other facilities + low rise with not much view.

feels like "different grade".:D

The kim yam rd area, psf prices are lower than the condos at rivervalley road like RG, MPR and SS. You can check prices for waterford, even their psf are transacted much lower

bargain hunter
14-11-11, 22:25
not necessary have transactions. it could be a case of they quoting 1700psf and everyone laughed like me so no one bite. :cheers1: and we all know subsequently what happened. :)

07 I am certain no records unless no caveats being log for these 07 transactions

kane
14-11-11, 22:30
when they relaunch during the recession, need to ballot! Wat an irony!

Btw relaunch at 1.1-1.2kpsf...

that was market's price floor for buyers, just like what happened at arte and caspian. it wasn't cheap by 2004-5 standards but the buyers came in.

dtrax
14-11-11, 22:42
but the reason for that is big project with complete facilities + high rise vs boutique projects with small pools and limited other facilities + low rise with not much view.

feels like "different grade".:D

That's why hor.. I cannot figure out why starlight suites same range as MPR. No wonder now still <50% sold?? :scared-4: :scared-4:

devilplate
14-11-11, 23:19
haha waterford again....i offered a unit few mths before TOP.....

Biggest con is the gigantic temple and ongoing construction and super cramp siteplan.

bargain hunter
15-11-11, 00:03
yeah. developer is dreamy lah. lousy layout somemore. but every few months u get 1 or 2 suckers paying up for the "luxury fittings".

it has one of the factors though, by being high rise. hahahahaha.

That's why hor.. I cannot figure out why starlight suites same range as MPR. No wonder now still <50% sold?? :scared-4: :scared-4:

76er
15-11-11, 07:30
This is correct, they sold about 11(?) 2 bedder units at 1600-1700 psf.
During relaunch, the cheapest unit was below 1000 psf.
However, fittings and flooring are different, eg, pine flooring (for 1700psf) vs tiles (for relaunch units)
But I believe it can't be too much of a difference inside.

Queue was really long, in fact, it started the night before launch. Unseen during the lull period in 2009.
This was the project that kicked off the recent boom. MPR launched about a week after wharf residence.

Eastboy
15-11-11, 11:27
This is correct, they sold about 11(?) 2 bedder units at 1600-1700 psf.
During relaunch, the cheapest unit was below 1000 psf.
However, fittings and flooring are different, eg, pine flooring (for 1700psf) vs tiles (for relaunch units)
But I believe it can't be too much of a difference inside.

Queue was really long, in fact, it started the night before launch. Unseen during the lull period in 2009.
This was the project that kicked off the recent boom. MPR launched about a week after wharf residence.

i miss those days when people queue up.....LOL. it's quite funny to see people rushing to ballot their cheques....lelong lelong

minority
19-02-12, 04:43
When will this top? The short front units frontage are completing...

new2mondrian
07-04-12, 23:47
When will this top? The short front units frontage are completing...

Passed by The Wharf last week when i went down to look at my property along the same stretch of road. Looks almost done. Any news of when TOP will come? Layout doesn't seem as cramped as Waterford.

minority
26-04-12, 07:41
Yes got bigger frontal verses water ford. The shop houses units are going for 5-6 m

minority
12-10-12, 17:05
Topping soon.....see many agent crowding at the front.

smallant
12-10-12, 21:09
Got church & temple within 5 minutes walk.. Free food both side if you retired ..
Ha.. Better do more charity & contribute back to society ..
:-)

minority
14-10-12, 04:09
Was Fetured today in papers for it conversed house

carbuncle
14-10-12, 09:27
Simply Stunning

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/11745245/for-rent-the-wharf-residence

76er
14-10-12, 14:27
TOP-ed
Owners collecting keys now

minority
17-10-12, 11:23
Simply Stunning

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/11745245/for-rent-the-wharf-residence

nice.. drove past so many agents hawking ard on the outside.

DC33_2008
17-10-12, 12:45
What is the asking rental here $psf for a two bedder?

minority
17-10-12, 12:50
What is the asking rental here $psf for a two bedder?

Saw on website 2bedder 5500. 3 bedder 7k to 7.5k

DC33_2008
17-10-12, 13:01
Yield is about 3.5%. What is the maintenance fee?
Saw on website 2bedder 5500. 3 bedder 7k to 7.5k

76er
17-10-12, 13:39
Yield is about 3.5%. What is the maintenance fee?

About 550 per month depending on unit size :scared-5:

DC33_2008
17-10-12, 14:33
Quite high. Yield will be lower.
About 550 per month depending on unit size :scared-5:

Perlin
20-10-12, 01:22
Dear Owner,

I'm Perlin from Floor Xpert Pte Ltd, on behalf of Floor Xpert.

I am glad to share our services to you here.

Floor Xpert is specialise in doing outdoor decking , laminate flooring & baywindows. We have whole range of products for your selection.

Do refer to the attach pictures for more information. Or visit us at www.floorxpert.com (http://www.floorxpert.com/)

We have done project for Mi Casa, Caspian, Liva, Woodleigh , Optima, Trizon, Viva & etcs

Feel Free to Contact me at 9182 7628 for more information.

We look forward to your support. Thank you!

Regards
Perlin :)
Email : [email protected]
FB : http://www.facebook.com/FloorXpert

Kehl
01-11-12, 16:03
Dear Owner,

WoodPro, is a member of the National Wood Flooring Association and one of the few timber contractors who registered with the Building Control Authority (BCA). We have done numerous Decking and Bay Windows at Mi Casa/ Caspian / Rochelle / Vivace / The Verve... Etc.
Do kindly contact us at 93668200 / 96839276 or send us an email to [email protected]
Below are some photographs of our recently completed projects.

http://i1290.photobucket.com/albums/b528/kaka10101/BayWindow_04.jpg
http://i1290.photobucket.com/albums/b528/kaka10101/Decking_Balcony.jpg
http://i1290.photobucket.com/albums/b528/kaka10101/Decking_PlanterCurved.jpg

Perlin
01-11-12, 22:39
Dear Owner,

Do refer to the attachment for the latest Bulk Purchase price as at 1st Nov 2012....

Regards

Dear Owner,

Floor Xpert is specialise in doing outdoor decking , laminate flooring & baywindows. We have whole range of products for your selection.

Do refer to the attach pictures for more information. Or visit us at www.floorxpert.com (http://www.floorxpert.com/)

We have done project for Mi Casa, Caspian, Liva, Woodleigh , Optima, Trizon, Viva & etcs

Regards

Perlin
01-11-12, 23:13
Dear Owner,

Do refer to the attachment for the latest Bulk Purchase price as at 1st Nov 2012....

Regards

Dear Owner,

Regards

Daniel33
26-11-12, 11:58
Dear all,

If you are looking around for lighting for your home, Please do consider installing LED lightings.

http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/1848/benefitsofledlight.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/19/benefitsofledlight.jpg/)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us (http://imageshack.us)

http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/5245/ledazzledsextusbanner.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/17/ledazzledsextusbanner.jpg/)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us (http://imageshack.us)

Ledazzled's 9W Samsung LED Chip downlight cost S$56 per piece and it comes with 3 years warranty. We provide free lighting consultation for home owners which we will advise on the layout of light fixtures(e.g. downlights) based on your floor plan.

For more information, please feel free to contact us at 63920353/97355642 or [email protected]. Our website is www.ledazzled.com and our prices are transparent.

In addition, if there is group buys of minimum 5 homes, a 5% discount will be given.

Warmest Regards,
Daniel
[email protected]
www.ledazzled.com

value
12-12-12, 11:53
wharf hit $2121psf liao :scared-4:

2012-11-19 #XX-XX 1,066 2,121 2,260,000

blackjack21trader
12-12-12, 15:19
wharf hit $2121psf liao :scared-4:

2012-11-19 #XX-XX 1,066 2,121 2,260,000

dun be stupid to sell below S$2500 to the buyers. Many buyers are all retired and loaded with cash after selling their landed.

Good Luck.

神龙股侠。

Sent From Starbucks.

value
12-12-12, 16:26
dun be stupid to sell below S$2500 to the buyers. Many buyers are all retired and loaded with cash after selling their landed.

Good Luck.

神龙股侠。

Sent From Starbucks.
Yeah, S$2500 seems a bit far fetched now, but agree river area got potential since KBW also blogging about Singapore River One...

http://mndsingapore.wordpress.com/2012/11/30/any-bid-for-singapore/

leesg123
12-12-12, 19:38
$1000psf used to be the psychological barrier. Now with even ocr breaching $1.3k psf, the next barrier is at $2000psf.

starrynight
23-02-13, 15:27
Some photos from a viewing today...

These are from a high floor 2-bedder. Stack 08

Master bedroom
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8096/8499014917_6a83384224_z.jpg

Second bedroom
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8086/8499015101_5c57f6f2b2_z.jpg

Kitchen - long and has some wasted space at the end
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8103/8499011811_2750e98c47_z.jpg

starrynight
23-02-13, 15:29
Rooftop garden view - I must say it's impressive
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8238/8500117172_9eb3948a85_c.jpg

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8379/8500117552_6f65b252f5_z.jpg

recreation deck pool
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8087/8499012601_e58552e212.jpg

starrynight
23-02-13, 15:31
A few photos which don't fit anywhere:

Empty plot where the old Nan Chiau(?) school used to be. Agent said the premises will be used as an international school
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8365/8499012211_22592163aa.jpg

3-bedder units have balconies
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8510/8499011587_16ec66f492.jpg

Temple right next door!
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8508/8499010691_79aec6eaa5_z.jpg

Monthly maintenance is a bit less than $400.

minority
23-02-13, 16:50
rooms looks good size

starrynight
23-02-13, 17:16
They do. 2 bedders are from 1023 to 1066 sq ft, with little space wastage except (in my mind) the kitchen. Even the planters are not excessive. Rooms are comfy size. Pity about the quality of the fittings...

Just checked the transactions.. the guys who bought the top floors at launch in June 2009 only pay $13xx psf.

rooms looks good size

silver023
25-02-13, 18:29
Just viewed last week... Nice layout, good finishing (not all units have same finishing).

Looks like a good project (except the rather narrow pool)

mosaic
25-02-13, 21:30
this project feels very cramped leh. Everything so close.

silver023
25-02-13, 22:58
Yup, the pool area is a little cramped. But units are ok, depending on which one.

I liked the spacious rooms, and some units have no bay windows!

sunny88
26-02-13, 10:33
Anyone knows why Wharf prices so much higher than the next door Waterford Residences ?:beats-me-man:

Both are 999 lease.

Waterford TOP only a couple of years ago.

Caveat: I have yet to view units in either development.

Hope those who are familiar with both developments can comment - before I go on my viewing expeditions.

I can understand why Aspen is lower, as it is a much older development.

bargain hunter
26-02-13, 19:39
the units that u saw sold at what seems to be ridiculous psf is becoz they have super views. its totally unblocked view of marina bay sands becoz they are taller than surrounding developments, in particular, the 2 mickey mouse developments next door, robertson edge and vivace.

in comparison, many of waterford resi units face each other.

the finishing within the units is better for wharf vs waterford.

do however take note that there will be many units which do not have the views and yet want to sell at the same high psfs. :rolleyes:

i feel that wharf is sitting on too small a plot of land, hence the earlier comment that it feels cramp. the pool is a tad too small!

there are 4 10xx sq ft units sold in nov and dec 12 at record psf of 1949, 2049, 2121, 2229 with quantums of 2.014m to 2.304m. just ask bro starrynight, i would buy a similar unit at rivergate anytime at the same prices.

Anyone knows why Wharf prices so much higher than the next door Waterford Residences ?:beats-me-man:

Both are 999 lease.

Hope those who are familiar with both developments can comment - before I go on my viewing expeditions.

minority
26-02-13, 21:59

Both are 999 lease.

waterford is more cramp the pool is dark and its right beside a very active temple.

u have seen martin residence? if u like full featured pool Martin is a nice project there.

starrynight
27-02-13, 08:22
Bargain Hunter is right. There were 4 transactions of units in Stack 9 in Nov at widely varying prices. Above 15th floor will get the good views.

2012-11-1915 Tong Watt Road #17-09 Sub Sale 1,066 2,121 2,260,000 Private
2012-11-1215 Tong Watt Road #10-09 Sub Sale 1,066 1,830 1,950,000 Private
2012-11-0915 Tong Watt Road #21-09 Sub Sale 1,033 2,229 2,303,590 Private
2012-11-0115 Tong Watt Road #20-09 Sub Sale 1,033 1,949 2,014,350 HDB

No doubt, for this price, Rivergate is a far superior investment (ok, I'm biased... heh). TBH, I'm not so keen on Wharf cos the entrance is a small street with the old shophouses still on the other side of the narrow road (am sure people will still park illegally at night even though it is a double-yellow line road), etc.

Will check out MPR in more detail 1 of these weekends.

the units that u saw sold at what seems to be ridiculous psf is becoz they have super views. its totally unblocked view of marina bay sands becoz they are taller than surrounding developments, in particular, the 2 mickey mouse developments next door, robertson edge and vivace.

in comparison, many of waterford resi units face each other.

the finishing within the units is better for wharf vs waterford.

do however take note that there will be many units which do not have the views and yet want to sell at the same high psfs. :rolleyes:

i feel that wharf is sitting on too small a plot of land, hence the earlier comment that it feels cramp. the pool is a tad too small!

there are 4 10xx sq ft units sold in nov and dec 12 at record psf of 1949, 2049, 2121, 2229 with quantums of 2.014m to 2.304m. just ask bro starrynight, i would buy a similar unit at rivergate anytime at the same prices.

bargain hunter
27-02-13, 09:04
wow, all are stack 09, indeed the bestest bestestest stack of wharf. :D

buyers, please do not overpay for other stacks or lower floors of stack 09. ;)

#10-09 unblocked or overpaid? :ashamed1:

Bargain Hunter is right. There were 4 transactions of units in Stack 9 in Nov at widely varying prices. Above 15th floor will get the good views.

2012-11-1915 Tong Watt Road #17-09 Sub Sale 1,066 2,121 2,260,000 Private
2012-11-1215 Tong Watt Road #10-09 Sub Sale 1,066 1,830 1,950,000 Private
2012-11-0915 Tong Watt Road #21-09 Sub Sale 1,033 2,229 2,303,590 Private
2012-11-0115 Tong Watt Road #20-09 Sub Sale 1,033 1,949 2,014,350 HDB

No doubt, for this price, Rivergate is a far superior investment (ok, I'm biased... heh). TBH, I'm not so keen on Wharf cos the entrance is a small street with the old shophouses still on the other side of the narrow road (am sure people will still park illegally at night even though it is a double-yellow line road), etc.

Will check out MPR in more detail 1 of these weekends.

bargain hunter
27-02-13, 09:13
stack 09 overlooking the other temple. so #10-09 is sort of unblocked for now. :ashamed1:

starrynight
27-02-13, 09:28
BH:

Yup, #9 from the living and bedroom and see part of the other temple. Stack 9 view from low / mid floor not great - see Dhoby Ghaut, Indian temple, Aspen Heights, etc.

I didn't view Stack 10, but would have thought that high floor Stack 10 has best view cos it faces MBS and Raffles Place skyscrapers?

stack 09 overlooking the other temple. so #10-09 is sort of unblocked for now. :ashamed1:

wow, all are stack 09, indeed the bestest bestestest stack of wharf. :D

buyers, please do not overpay for other stacks or lower floors of stack 09. ;)

#10-09 unblocked or overpaid? :ashamed1:

bargain hunter
27-02-13, 10:01
high floor 09 should be better coz dual view east and south. stack 10 only single view south.

BH:

Yup, #9 from the living and bedroom and see part of the other temple. Stack 9 view from low / mid floor not great - see Dhoby Ghaut, Indian temple, Aspen Heights, etc.

I didn't view Stack 10, but would have thought that high floor Stack 10 has best view cos it faces MBS and Raffles Place skyscrapers?

starrynight
27-02-13, 10:34
I see.. different strokes for different folks :D

high floor 09 should be better coz dual view east and south. stack 10 only single view south.

minority
27-02-13, 16:43
but stack 9 Have morning sun and afternoon sun....

starrynight
27-02-13, 17:03
Yup, bedrooms and living room face NE and SE respectively.

bargain hunter
27-02-13, 19:08
only morning sun right? west sun quite minimal i think.

minority
27-02-13, 19:56
only morning sun right? west sun quite minimal i think.

bed room kana partital afternoon sun.

bargain hunter
23-05-13, 22:40
capitaland is selling the penthouses at 15% discount from list price. similar tactic to its other projects.

big units for this project not attractive though.

minority
23-05-13, 22:41
but the size is huge... 5300sqf...

bargain hunter
24-05-13, 13:52
all 5 penthouses are for sale, from 2723 to 5339 sq ft

but the size is huge... 5300sqf...