PDA

View Full Version : Residences @ Evelyn (D11, Freehold, CDL)

Pages : [1] 2

mr funny
03-11-06, 13:45
http://img140.imageshack.us/img140/3231/residencesevelynqq6.jpg

http://img169.imageshack.us/img169/8305/evelyn1my7.jpg

http://img169.imageshack.us/img169/4294/evelynappliancesud3.jpg

http://img169.imageshack.us/img169/4940/evelynecofr0.jpg

http://img169.imageshack.us/img169/5576/evelynmapnz5.jpg

Makelele
04-11-06, 15:05
I heard this isn't selling well. It was priced the same as Newton One but Newton One sold out quickly. My question is: why? For the same price, I would have this one instead, as its surroundings are quieter and more tranquil. The footprint is also much bigger than Newton One's, giving the feeling of spaciousness.

slave
05-01-07, 19:58
I also rather evelyn over newton one but one reason i think it is not sold out is cos it is near TOP and buyers wld hv to pay in full. Speculators rather deferred payment cos they only have to pay d/p and nothing til TOP.

hello!
09-01-07, 17:34
Most of the buyers of Residences@Evelyn and Newton One were foreigners (Indonesians, etc). These people pay the full amount in cash.

I have been to see both and I find Evelyn much more classy. I also like the big plot of land, unlike Newton One which is squeezed on a small plot. But Newton One also has much less units.

whitemuffin
10-01-07, 16:44
I heard this isn't selling well. It was priced the same as Newton One but Newton One sold out quickly. My question is: why? For the same price, I would have this one instead, as its surroundings are quieter and more tranquil. The footprint is also much bigger than Newton One's, giving the feeling of spaciousness.
It is quieter but the access road is very small (one lane 2 way) with a tiny circle. Some buyers maybe put off by this. Imagine the hundreds of cars going in and out of the property during peak hours...there will be traffic jam at the guarded entrance.

joe
09-04-07, 17:41
Sale Of Property Unit At Residences @ Evelyn

joe
09-04-07, 17:43
Proposed sale of Property Units at One Shenton and Residences @ Evelyn

100% CDL
16-05-07, 01:58
100% SOLD.

evelyn owner
19-05-07, 10:42
Apr 07 URA caveat shows $2000psf done for a 3 bedroom unit!

beavis
19-05-07, 18:05
Apr 07 URA caveat shows $2000psf done for a 3 bedroom unit!

Congratulation to you!!:cheers1: Thats a new record for newton area!!:D

evelyn owner
28-05-07, 14:28
Just got the keys! anybody wanna buy my unit? only $2000psf.

beavis
28-05-07, 20:10
Just got the keys! anybody wanna buy my unit? only $2000psf.

:D :D Hope you set a new record in Newton area:D :D

evelyn owner
28-05-07, 22:47
just now after i collected the keys there was a pretty agent who stopped me at the gate and passed me her name card asking me to rent or sell. i asked how much is the rental for the 3 room and she said $8K and all corp tenants. wow! i didnt know rents had gone up so high! i thot it was $6-7K. now i donno whether to rent or sell.

if i sell i can use the $1m profit to put downpayment for a deferred project costing $5m. but if prices drop 20% i bankrupt! anyway i was going around property hunting and there are NO NEW DEFERRED PROJECTS left!!! except a few units at tribeca which i dont like. and $5m cant buy much in leonie/cairnhill area nowadays.

so what do u suggest? cheong or be safe??

Unregistered
29-05-07, 12:49
just now after i collected the keys there was a pretty agent who stopped me at the gate and passed me her name card asking me to rent or sell. i asked how much is the rental for the 3 room and she said $8K and all corp tenants. wow! i didnt know rents had gone up so high! i thot it was $6-7K. now i donno whether to rent or sell.

if i sell i can use the $1m profit to put downpayment for a deferred project costing $5m. but if prices drop 20% i bankrupt! anyway i was going around property hunting and there are NO NEW DEFERRED PROJECTS left!!! except a few units at tribeca which i dont like. and $5m cant buy much in leonie/cairnhill area nowadays.

so what do u suggest? cheong or be safe??

$8k is a good rental price. Cairnhill and leonie area already Very expensive. Close to $3000 already. Newly launch around that area will cost above $3000.

If you ask me which one do I like, Tribeca or Evelyn? I will take Evelyn. Unless you can sell evelyn at $2000 and buy Tribeca for $1600. But dont forget several new development will be launched near newton area like Scotts tower of far east. that is a positive sign for newton owners.
Scotts tower will cost from $3000-$6000 I think.

Another good way to invest is.. If you sell and get the $1m profit. If I were you, I will use the profit to buy less expensive condo like pavilion II which cost about $900 psf but still within district 9,10 or 11.
Pavilion II only cost at about $1.2 or $1.4m and then you profit about 20%-30% again from pavilion which I think is possible.

But of course Pavilion is sold out but there will be other launches similar to Pavilion type.

Unregistered
29-05-07, 22:45
I will take Tribeca but at a lower price.

Tribeca's price is set to go up because of limited supply of inner city condos after the ban on office conversion.

Tribeca is very close to the Shenton Way belt. So are condos in Tiong Bahru, Lavender, Bugis, and Tanjong Rhu.

Newton is a fine area, but I consider Newton more like Balmoral, Stevens, Holland and Bukit Timah area. Nice to live in because all residential buildings, but further away from Inner City.

evelyn owner
30-05-07, 00:49
I dont like tribeca cos the plot beside it facing the river will prob be sold & a new condo will block its river view. I heard Zouk's lease is not being renewed already so that area may be developed. I dont want it to be a case of lincoln modern where it is blocked on 3 sides and the only facing is that of the HDBs across. Sure susah to sell one.. altho newton and river valley are usually the same price.

I was thinking of going further down the road like Duchess Residences cos it is still affordable n may see a lift due to en-bloc sellers looking for new properties.

Then again I also like Orchard/ Grange cos some new projects like Scotts Sq/ MarQ/ Hilltops/Scotts Tower may set new benchmarks for the area. Whole of Leonie and Cairnhill may see higher upon higher prices with each consecutive launch.

Unregistered
30-05-07, 06:12
I dont like tribeca cos the plot beside it facing the river will prob be sold & a new condo will block its river view. I heard Zouk's lease is not being renewed already so that area may be developed. I dont want it to be a case of lincoln modern where it is blocked on 3 sides and the only facing is that of the HDBs across. Sure susah to sell one.. altho newton and river valley are usually the same price.

I was thinking of going further down the road like Duchess Residences cos it is still affordable n may see a lift due to en-bloc sellers looking for new properties.

Then again I also like Orchard/ Grange cos some new projects like Scotts Sq/ MarQ/ Hilltops/Scotts Tower may set new benchmarks for the area. Whole of Leonie and Cairnhill may see higher upon higher prices with each consecutive launch.
how big is your unit? congrats on getting your keys too! i do think new launches are too expensive. will make more sense to go for completed developments in those areas you mentioned if you are really keen on getting into them. somemore can get rental income immediately.

Unregistered
30-05-07, 10:21

The places you mentioned like Grange, scotts, paterson, and cairnhill are very expensive. Sizeable New launch project will definitely above $3000 psf.
BTW, did you mentioned no deffered payment already for new launch condo??? I never know that.

River valley place is a better place than newton but newton price will rise faster than river velly because many enbloc sales in that area.

Unregistered
30-05-07, 14:38
The places you mentioned like Grange, scotts, paterson, and cairnhill are very expensive. Sizeable New launch project will definitely above $3000 psf.
BTW, did you mentioned no deffered payment already for new launch condo??? I never know that.

River valley place is a better place than newton but newton price will rise faster than river velly because many enbloc sales in that area.
cairnhill area also many enbloc sales.

evelyn owner
01-06-07, 22:14
My unit is 1500sq ft- looks quite tight cos of the big balcony. I m staying in a 3000 sq ft place now so not used to 1500sq ft- think i'll sell it.no point spending more money doing it up for rent.i can rollover the profit for a bigger place..then pray that the mkt doesnt crash!haha.

oh ya, i said i went looking for new projects with deferred payment and there arent many left. in fact it is very difficult to find new projects these days.

beavis
01-06-07, 22:41
My unit is 1500sq ft- looks quite tight cos of the big balcony. I m staying in a 3000 sq ft place now so not used to 1500sq ft- think i'll sell it.no point spending more money doing it up for rent.i can rollover the profit for a bigger place..then pray that the mkt doesnt crash!haha.

oh ya, i said i went looking for new projects with deferred payment and there arent many left. in fact it is very difficult to find new projects these days.

If you want a big condo, I heard the Clividen aslo by CDL will be bigger and luxurious. :D It is one unit per floor with 360 degrees view. But Of course it very expensive.:D :D

Unregistered
02-06-07, 07:10

is the view nice from the balcony?

well, given the high rental rates now, i think it is a good move to rent the unit out and then take your time to sell the unit. given that there are a couple of enblocs around evelyn area, prices will trend higher when those new launches come by. it may be very risky to go for new developments now as they are already priced much higher than completed ones. whichever, way it's your choice and congrats on the good buy at evelyn!

evelyn owner
02-06-07, 07:46
the view is of macritchie so quite nice altho part of it is also balestier haha! at least it is better than block 17 which will be facing the construction enbloc site of gilstead view.

cliveden is nice but the smallest unit will prob be $7m ! (2350sq ft). even if i rollover my evelyn profit i can only afford a $5m deferred payment unit (prob only a 2 bedroom in the grange/leonie/cairnhill area haha). maybe i'll go downstream to duchess residences.it doesnt matter whether i keep evelyn or buy new now despite the price increase as i'm looking for % increase. evelyn or other new projects would hopefully go up by the same %. so a bigger investment wld see a larger absolute amt increase (if property prices will still rise, which given the extreme shortage, will IMHO)

know any other 9/10/11 new launches coming up?

Unregistered
02-06-07, 08:28
I also looking for more affordable unit around 9, 10 and 11. About 900-1100 psf.
But looking at the enbloc areas last lear, most of them located around cairnhill and newton area.
So I think most of the new projects and launches will be around this area.

Anybody knows new launches around holland road area?? I think that place will be more affordable.

Any new launches around newton area I believe will be 1800-2000 psf which is out of my budget.
I dont think we can look for affordable price anymore at D9,10,11 and D1.

D21 and D3 is still affordable though yet still close to prime area.

Unregistered
02-06-07, 09:15
the view is of macritchie so quite nice altho part of it is also balestier haha! at least it is better than block 17 which will be facing the construction enbloc site of gilstead view.

cliveden is nice but the smallest unit will prob be $7m ! (2350sq ft). even if i rollover my evelyn profit i can only afford a $5m deferred payment unit (prob only a 2 bedroom in the grange/leonie/cairnhill area haha). maybe i'll go downstream to duchess residences.it doesnt matter whether i keep evelyn or buy new now despite the price increase as i'm looking for % increase. evelyn or other new projects would hopefully go up by the same %. so a bigger investment wld see a larger absolute amt increase (if property prices will still rise, which given the extreme shortage, will IMHO)

know any other 9/10/11 new launches coming up?
helios, hilltops in cairnhill. the marq?

personally, i think the potential for upside is better for completed units. reason being - buy lower, % increase will be higher. if you say that deferred payment schemes are being phased out now, then the likelihood for spectacular price increases for new projects may also take a back seat. hence, it will be safer to go with the less expensive alternative.

Unregistered
02-06-07, 09:18
I also looking for more affordable unit around 9, 10 and 11. About 900-1100 psf.
But looking at the enbloc areas last lear, most of them located around cairnhill and newton area.
So I think most of the new projects and launches will be around this area.

Anybody knows new launches around holland road area?? I think that place will be more affordable.

Any new launches around newton area I believe will be 1800-2000 psf which is out of my budget.
I dont think we can look for affordable price anymore at D9,10,11 and D1.

D21 and D3 is still affordable though yet still close to prime area.
which is why i am holding onto my unit in cairnhill vicinity as i see bigger upside further down the road.

i dunno holland area well, but the farrer road area is going to explode. for 900-1100 psf... think it is very difficult already. how about shelford area? maybe can still find some older properties at this price? gilstead area has some old properties as well.

evelyn owner
02-06-07, 21:38
no i didnt say deferred schemes are being phased out. i said it's difficult to find deferred schemes cos they're all sold out.for older fringe D11 like duchess crest or shelford area can be had for 1100psf..altho the launch of duchess residences launching at 1500-1600psf will see those prices rise as well.

Unregistered
02-06-07, 21:56
no i didnt say deferred schemes are being phased out. i said it's difficult to find deferred schemes cos they're all sold out.for older fringe D11 like duchess crest or shelford area can be had for 1100psf..altho the launch of duchess residences launching at 1500-1600psf will see those prices rise as well.
just a note.... duchess crest is 99yr leasehold.

is duchess residences really launching at that price? that's really high. at that price, one can still get a unit at avalon. top up a bit more can get chelsea gardens. up and coming in the duchess area includes the tresor and another uol project near duchess crest. does anyone know the name of this project?

evelyn owner
03-06-07, 11:34
Duchess residences is the UOL project. 1500-1600psf is not surprising given waterfall gdns is already transacting at 1700-1800psf.and Leedon Hts owners got 1400psf each. Duchess is a much better area, more leafy and quiet than Watrefall, which is on top of the tunnel. Avalon and Chelsea are also beside a busy road. Of course if one doesnt mind nopisy roads and flyovers, Equatorial is still selling at 1100psf. ;)

Unregistered
03-06-07, 14:51
Duchess residences is the UOL project. 1500-1600psf is not surprising given waterfall gdns is already transacting at 1700-1800psf.and Leedon Hts owners got 1400psf each. Duchess is a much better area, more leafy and quiet than Watrefall, which is on top of the tunnel. Avalon and Chelsea are also beside a busy road. Of course if one doesnt mind nopisy roads and flyovers, Equatorial is still selling at 1100psf. ;)
i see... there is another uol project around the coronation road area, leading to victoria park road. does anyone know what's the name of this project?

i find duchess residences too deep into duchess road. furthermore, it's a dead-end road. not terribly convenient.

evelyn owner
03-06-07, 17:01
the showflat is at victoria park road. they are just borrowing the land. the actual site is at duchess ave. why dont u like cul de sac? i like it cos not much traffic. i prefer that to say maplewoods on the main rd.

Unregistered
03-06-07, 21:42
the showflat is at victoria park road. they are just borrowing the land. the actual site is at duchess ave. why dont u like cul de sac? i like it cos not much traffic. i prefer that to say maplewoods on the main rd.
now i get it. thanks for clarifying.

agree with you that cul-de-sac is easier to get in/out. but in the case of duchess ave, i feel that the site is too deep in. i actually prefer tresor's location. more convenient.

Unregistered
20-06-07, 21:48
$1900+ achieved! shld appear in caveat in 3 months.

Unregistered
21-06-07, 10:09
high floor?

beavis
21-06-07, 16:22

Are you sure it takes 3 months for URA to lodge caveat???

Does that mean June caveat on URA right now is a 3 months old caveat????

joe
21-06-07, 17:04
Caveats not lodged by URA. Caveats are lodged by the bank you took the loan from, usually at completion of sale (for secondary market properties). And SLA is the govt body the bank will inform. Not sure about those who pay full in cash. Never had the luxury of doing that. :D

Unregistered
21-06-07, 22:00
Above 20 floor. Completion takes 2+8 weeks so you it takes almost 3 months. Yes the price you see are 3 months old so you can +10% for current price.Lincold Lodge sold for 1400+ so breakeven is 1800+. A new record for newton.

Anyone knows when Elmira is launching?

beavis
21-06-07, 23:39
Above 20 floor. Completion takes 2+8 weeks so you it takes almost 3 months. Yes the price you see are 3 months old so you can +10% for current price.Lincold Lodge sold for 1400+ so breakeven is 1800+. A new record for newton.

Anyone knows when Elmira is launching?

Can you tell me how to get UP-TO-DATE caveat??:confused: Is it by suscribing certain magazine?? I would like to suscribe.
If URA is 3 months late, then it could be misleading.
:scared-5:

BTW, where is Elmira located??? Which developer will be building this project?

Unregistered
21-06-07, 23:43
Need comments from fellow forumer here.

Is is still a good time to Invest around newton area??

I thinking of purchasing Newton one from subsale. Do you think the price for newton 1 will still going up especially newton One???

Unregistered
22-06-07, 06:15
from my recent experience, i see my transaction in ura site after less than 1 month (slightly more than 3 weeks). the caveat is lodged by my lawyer on buyer's behalf. subsequently, bank will lodge caveat again, and that is closer to sale completion time.

evelyn owner
23-06-07, 22:02
prices can be checked via the ura website

"http://spring.ura.gov.sg/lad/ore/real_estate/transaction.cfm"

elmira heights is beside newton one. i think with orchard rd new launches at 3000psf newton being one stop away will rise. orchard cant be 50% higher forever.of couse i m talking my book ;)

personally i looked at newton one and prefer the design over evelyn but it is so near the flyover i didnt like it. i had a friend in equatorial with the same problem and had a hard time selling altho her unit is facing shangri-la.

Unregistered
23-06-07, 23:58
Newton condo prices seem destined to rise, because Lincoln Lodge had just been sold at $1449.3 psf ppr. The joint buyers are Koh Bros, Heeton, KSH, Lian Beng.

Unregistered
24-06-07, 00:17
Do you guys think that property in Singapore still have rooms to increase and
How long?? untill 2010??
I think Bukit timah area is still undervalue. Developers are eyeing this area right now as written in Saturday stairtstimes on page 2.

evelyn owner
08-07-07, 08:58
I just sold my unit at $2000psf to a foreigner! Caveat will appear in Aug URA.
Now which project shall I roll to?

Unregistered
08-07-07, 15:17

Congratulatin!!! Why dont check the new Hi end launch at 8 napier!!!

evelyn owner
08-07-07, 16:28
thanks! any details on the project?like psf and developer?

Unregistered
09-07-07, 00:57

There is also a new launch at cairnhill.
The show unit is just apposite of scotts high park. Pls check it out. Price about $2400+ I think.

BTW I am waiting for the guocoland future launch on former casa rosita site just next to the Church Of Jesus Christ.

Its a good location.

Unregistered
09-07-07, 01:02

I am not sure but the agent that told me is from JTresi. It is around glen eagles hospital.

Unregistered
10-07-07, 09:14
If I am the government, I will take measures to slow the growth to 5 to 7% per year (not quarter). This is healthier and sustainable. An exception I will make is the luxury class condo (above 2500psf). For these, the buyers will be less price-sensitive. So the measures will be these:

1. Scrap deferred payment schemes and return to progressive payments.

2. No bank loan amount above 80% of property value.

3. Capital gain tax of 25% for sale of property bought within the last 2 years. If foreigner, the tax should be 35%.

4. Additional foreigners stamp duty tax of 3 to 5% for buying property in Singapore. PR excluded.

5. Luxury tax of 10% for those who bought property above $2500 psf. This is a way to give back to society.

DRSG
10-07-07, 10:07
If I am the government, I will take measures to slow the growth to 5 to 7% per year (not quarter). This is healthier and sustainable. An exception I will make is the luxury class condo (above 2500psf). For these, the buyers will be less price-sensitive. So the measures will be these:

3. Capital gain tax of 25% for sale of property bought within the last 2 years. If foreigner, the tax should be 35%.

4. Additional foreigners stamp duty tax of 3 to 5% for buying property in Singapore. PR excluded.

5. Luxury tax of 10% for those who bought property above $2500 psf. This is a way to give back to society.

Yes all very well suggested.When the crash comes you will kneel and beg for the measures you proposed to be immediately scrapped.

Unregistered
10-07-07, 10:15
He was the one missed the earlier boats...sour grapes.

Unregistered
10-07-07, 10:57

Wew, thats so strick and dangerous!!!

Imposing that kind of policies is just like kicking investors butt like puppies.
You will find many investors flee away from singapore like crazy and will never blink an eye on Singapore again for many many years which is against Singapore current campaign "to make Singapore to be known worldwide".

What is even more dangerous is when foreign investors STAMP Singapore govt as a daylight robbers even if we do not mean it.

Once Singapore is "STAMPED" by foreigners , Singapore is finish.
Even when we decided to change our policies they will not trust Singapore anymore because we are "STAMPED" as liars.
And the effects will be disasterous.

If the 1st policies you stated above is implemented, it is still OK, but 3rd-5th will be dangerous.

So does it worth implementing such policies??? Anyone???

Unregistered
14-07-07, 23:25

Very impressive. May I know which/who selling agent are you using?
Seem like your agent is very capable. I would like to use him/her as my agent.

evelyn owner
15-07-07, 11:03
i think i was lucky cos the agent had a ready foreign buyer and didnt even need to view my unit. i bumped into him while collecting keys. anyway his name is anthony of knight frank 91011180.

didnt know residences@evelyn was so hot cos when i bought it the units never seemed to move as compared to newton one. i only bought it for its proximity to ACS. and i hate its triangle roof design haha! anyway i asked 4 agents to sell on a fri and by sat night i had 4 offers: 1650, 1750(this one wanted 8 weeks to exercise option!) 1880, 2000psf. none needed to view.

cherrycreek
15-07-07, 14:33
which floor and what kind of units are yrs ?? The buyer is a local or foreigner ?

Unregistered
15-07-07, 23:56
i think i was lucky cos the agent had a ready foreign buyer and didnt even need to view my unit. i bumped into him while collecting keys. anyway his name is anthony of knight frank 91011180.

didnt know residences@evelyn was so hot cos when i bought it the units never seemed to move as compared to newton one. i only bought it for its proximity to ACS. and i hate its triangle roof design haha! anyway i asked 4 agents to sell on a fri and by sat night i had 4 offers: 1650, 1750(this one wanted 8 weeks to exercise option!) 1880, 2000psf. none needed to view.

I thought we can only use One agent???
Did you sign the contract with an agent??

It is a very good deal at $2000. even newton one unable to fetch at that price.

Yours must be a high floor isnt it?

evelyn owner
16-07-07, 11:37
mine is 3 bedroom high floor (above 20) and faces the Buckley Rd/ MacRitchie so unblocked. I didnt sign any exclusive with any agent so it was an open listing.

newton one wont fetch that price cos it is not ready yet therefore wont attract buyers who need to occupy. i know of a newton one 3rd floor 4 bedroom going for 1560 psf. I didnt want it cos the unit would be staring at the flyover!

Unregistered
16-07-07, 12:15
mine is 3 bedroom high floor (above 20) and faces the Buckley Rd/ MacRitchie so unblocked. I didnt sign any exclusive with any agent so it was an open listing.

newton one wont fetch that price cos it is not ready yet therefore wont attract buyers who need to occupy. i know of a newton one 3rd floor 4 bedroom going for 1560 psf. I didnt want it cos the unit would be staring at the flyover!

I agree with you. condos that will be TOPed before 2009 will fetch higher price because people are in need for a ready condo before IR open. Thats why If you want to look for condo, get the one that will TOP on year 2008 to take advantage of 2008 grand prix and 2009 marina bay IR. Thats the time where investors are desperate to look for a "ready-to-occupy"
condo.
Only a few Top on 2008 I think. Most condos will be TOPed on 2009 and 2010.

2 months ago there is someone who is willing to let go 4 bdrms Newton one unit at about $1550 above 20th floor. Too bad I did not purchase. That unit is not facing the flyover but facing the Bukit timah area.

Unregistered
16-07-07, 13:21
I thought we can only use One agent???
Did you sign the contract with an agent??

It is a very good deal at $2000. even newton one unable to fetch at that price.

Yours must be a high floor isnt it?

Are you talking kok?

Unregistered
16-07-07, 18:55
Are you talking kok?

Can KoK talk???

Unregistered
17-07-07, 00:02
Hi evelyn owner, which project are u rolling yr profit to ?? were u the one who bgt it for ACS add ? u thk newton hitting max at 2K psf ? talked to wing tai staff tdy saying newton meadow launching at 2K-2200 psf.

Unregistered
17-07-07, 00:23
I guess avelyn owner had just set a new benchmark price around newton area.

evelyn owner
17-07-07, 09:10
i dont think my 2000psf record will stand for long. someone offered my friend 2100psf for a 2 bedroom high floor but he is not selling.

i'll prob roll it to Sentosa going for the same price now.

Unregistered
17-07-07, 10:56
i dont think my 2000psf record will stand for long. someone offered my friend 2100psf for a 2 bedroom high floor but he is not selling.

i'll prob roll it to Sentosa going for the same price now.

Oceanfront, Azure or The coast??? Why did you choose sentosa???

I think it is safer to stay at dist 9, 10 and 11.

evelyn owner, did you find it is easier to sell a condo when it is TOPed??

evelyn owner
17-07-07, 15:22
Yes I found it much easier to sell once TOP cos of real buyers who need a place to stay.

Why Sentosa? I think it is undervalued. And cos of its scarcity value (unlike Marina Bay where there is so so much land- Sail and MBR excepted cos they're bay facing). Once the casino, high end hotels & the marina is fully up Sentosa Cove will be "the world's most desirable address" heheh. Just my 2 cents worth. I'd choose Coast cos every unit has seaview.

Yes I think FH 9/10/11 is safer but I already hv those. I bought an orchard condo last Oct at 1750psf when Coast was going for 1600psf. I sold the Orchard one last month for 2650 and Coast is still 2000-2100. Sentosa didnt move much cos there is no new launch to set the beanchmark. But I think the new CDL launch will be close to 3K.

Unregistered
17-07-07, 20:04
wow. how much hv u made to-date ?? are u eyeing any new launches ? orchard area like metz 2500 psf u thk has rm to move up ?

evelyn owner
17-07-07, 22:01
hv made abt $3m cos i went in the 1st property early around july 05. then roll and roll with one eye on the exit door. in 2-3 yrs time i wanna sell everything except the house i m staying in, pay off my debts then sit on cash cos i know property is illiquid and i wont be able to time my exit right at the top.

everything has room to move up but personally in orchard area i only like leonie/grange/cairnhill. i'd prefer st thomas suites over metz. u can stiill get for 2200psf. if i were to choose a project i'd either choose a very popular one or one that is almost TOP. not that i can afford but even i i cld, i wont buy benchmark orchard like MarQ/orchard turn/scotts sq cos at that price i'd hv to wait a long time to make money.i dont believe in paying for materials or facilities cos my aim is investment/ speculation not to live in it. i look at property just like stocks ie i'd choose blue chip stocks with high liquidity and lower PE compared to peers so that i hv a bigger margin of error incase i'm wrong.

i'd only look for areas that i know are prime 9/10/11/4 and land-scarce. i'd buy devts where i know there'll be new launches coming up to boost up the price. for eg i'd buy 6th ave before duchess launches. i'd buy coast before new sentosa launches and i'd buy orange grove/ardmore area before the new launches come onstream. i wont buy 99yr except sentosa and i m never lucky enuf to buy old units that'll go en bloc.

i'm no guru so this is just my view. other people hv their own views.

as to new launches, they are so pricey so if sub sale is 20-30% cheaper i'd go for subsale.of course the down-side is the progress payment.

Unregistered
17-07-07, 22:49
hv made abt $3m cos i went in the 1st property early around july 05. then roll and roll with one eye on the exit door. in 2-3 yrs time i wanna sell everything except the house i m staying in, pay off my debts then sit on cash cos i know property is illiquid and i wont be able to time my exit right at the top.

everything has room to move up but personally in orchard area i only like leonie/grange/cairnhill. i'd prefer st thomas suites over metz. u can stiill get for 2200psf. if i were to choose a project i'd either choose a very popular one or one that is almost TOP. not that i can afford but even i i cld, i wont buy benchmark orchard like MarQ/orchard turn/scotts sq cos at that price i'd hv to wait a long time to make money.i dont believe in paying for materials or facilities cos my aim is investment/ speculation not to live in it. i look at property just like stocks ie i'd choose blue chip stocks with high liquidity and lower PE compared to peers so that i hv a bigger margin of error incase i'm wrong.

i'd only look for areas that i know are prime 9/10/11/4 and land-scarce. i'd buy devts where i know there'll be new launches coming up to boost up the price. for eg i'd buy 6th ave before duchess launches. i'd buy coast before new sentosa launches and i'd buy orange grove/ardmore area before the new launches come onstream. i wont buy 99yr except sentosa and i m never lucky enuf to buy old units that'll go en bloc.

as to new launches, they are so pricey so if sub sale is 20-30% cheaper i'd go for subsale.of course the down-side is the progress payment.

I think even if you buy subsale, you still get a deffered payment scheme if the 1 st owner select the deffered payment method.

How about St regis, It will TOP next year, currently selling at $3800. Do you think we can sell it at $4800 when TOPed??

Paterson residence also selling at $2500 and TOP 2008. Do you think it is a good buy??

evelyn owner
18-07-07, 09:29
St Regis is an excellent property and I'm sure it'll rise to 7k psf by 2010 but when I buy investment properties I look for biggest potential margin increase,and right now I find it in Sentosa.

Actually at 2500psf I like Four Seasons Park best. It has the biggest footprint and always a favourite. Be prepared for negative carry tho.

If i want to sell at TOP then I'd choose the cheapest devt in the best location. So I wont buy St Regis. I'd buy Paterson residences cos the neighbouring Leonie has many new launches which will set new benchmarks.

Hvg said that I'd avoid properties next to flyovers, hospitals,monsoon drains and highways.

What are you looking at now and psf price?

Unregistered
18-07-07, 10:20
St Regis is an excellent property and I'm sure it'll rise to 7k psf by 2010 but when I buy investment properties I look for biggest potential margin increase,and right now I find it in Sentosa.

Actually at 2500psf I like Four Seasons Park best. It has the biggest footprint and always a favourite. Be prepared for negative carry tho.

If i want to sell at TOP then I'd choose the cheapest devt in the best location. So I wont buy St Regis. I'd buy Paterson residences cos the neighbouring Leonie has many new launches which will set new benchmarks.

Hvg said that I'd avoid properties next to flyovers, hospitals,monsoon drains and highways.

What are you looking at now and psf price?

Actually looking for $1300-$1400 psf 4 bdrms in D 9, 10, 11 but cannot get a good one becuse most of them are already above $1800 psf.
Around newton, balmoral and river valley will be the best.

At my budget, I can only look at Waterford, watermark, park infinia. But now I also dont think they will be selling at that price.
Thinking of pavilion 11 but it is close to balestier not novena which I dont like.

I also interested in condo near Bugis, bras basah area but cannot find any condo there. Any newlaunch around that area ?

Unregistered
18-07-07, 10:30
is it good to look at cluster housing? there's one coming up around old holland area, very near to tessarina.

Unregistered
18-07-07, 11:12
was looking at 4 bedrm in Urbana going for 1900 psf, u thk is gd buy ?

vested interest in Park infinia, bgt during launch, not sure when is the gd time to sell or shd keep for long term investment.

with upp bkt timah going above 1400 (cascadia, sale push bk)to 1800 psf (jardine) and soleil going for 1500 psf, i am not sure what can ppl afford nowadays ! it jus goes up every wk, government shd ask developer to mark up the price slowly. when e developer sells at high price (eg duchess residence) and for whatever reason, people pay for the price, the whole area will be jacked up jus like that.

evelyn owner, jus curious, what type of hse u r calling home now ? condo or landed ? is landed the safest bet now?

Unregistered
18-07-07, 11:37
was looking at 4 bedrm in Urbana going for 1900 psf, u thk is gd buy ?

vested interest in Park infinia, bgt during launch, not sure when is the gd time to sell or shd keep for long term investment.

with upp bkt timah going above 1400 (cascadia, sale push bk)to 1800 psf (jardine) and soleil going for 1500 psf, i am not sure what can ppl afford nowadays ! it jus goes up every wk, government shd ask developer to mark up the price slowly. when e developer sells at high price (eg duchess residence) and for whatever reason, people pay for the price, the whole area will be jacked up jus like that.

evelyn owner, jus curious, what type of hse u r calling home now ? condo or landed ? is landed the safest bet now?

I think Cascadia and jardin is located at lower bukit timah not upper.

Is soleil a good buy?? I like its location but dont like the hospital site behind.
If selling at $1300, I will still consider buying but at $1500 I will think again due to hospital.

Unregistered
18-07-07, 12:06

But if you were to buy The Coast and it goes up to 2500psf, don't you think Residences@Evelyn would reach that price by then. I mean sometimes we could only be making the agents and govt richer (commission & stamp duty). Some projects may lah for a short while but ultimately all well located projects are moving up together in this bullish market.
So it may pay to remain vested in one project especially if it is well located until your gut feel tells you to get out for good.

evelyn owner
18-07-07, 12:11
wow i feel like a guru ;) - which i'm not. i'll try to answer the qns in my personal capacity.

first of all- are all the properties mentioned for investment or own stay?

i like cluster housing esp gilstead brooks, barker terraces cos it is lower psf hence you can get better rental yield from them so yes I'd look at old holland rd cluester if it is FH.

for 1300-1400 i wld buy Maplewoods, Tessarina or Shelford cos the new CDL Shelford and Cascadia launch will push it up (expected to be 2200psf & 1700 respectively). At <1500 i wld buy Watermark tho I wld prefer rivergate (1700-1800?) or pier. I wld not consider Tribeca cos i think Zouk & car park will hv a new devt which will block its views.

I wont buy Jardin cos next to flyover.

I wont buy Soleil cos of Balestier. I wld buy PI up to 1600psf cos Lincoln Lodge land cost is already 1500psf. I will not buy Lincoln Modern cos it's blocked on 3 sides.

as for where i'm staying- i just bot a small bungalow near ACS cos i think prime landed is very undervalued. can still get 1000psf+ and abit more if it is new, almost 40-50% cheaper than equiv condo of the same size.

Unregistered
18-07-07, 12:53
But if you were to buy The Coast and it goes up to 2500psf, don't you think Residences@Evelyn would reach that price by then. I mean sometimes we could only be making the agents and govt richer (commission & stamp duty). Some projects may lah for a short while but ultimately all well located projects are moving up together in this bullish market.
So it may pay to remain vested in one project especially if it is well located until your gut feel tells you to get out for good.

I believe the Govt just made $5 billion dollar just from 3% stamp duty.

Imagine how much the Govt make from yearly residences tax + sales of land. $ Billions!!

Not only that, they just raised the GST by 2 %.
So, if the 2 IRs have to buy constrution materials in Singapore of a total of $2-3 billion dollars, a 2% increase is huge earning just from the IRs.

Not only that, the biggest and unrealized profit for the govt is:

The building of luxury condos(which we know so many today) may have to purchase a lot of things in Singapore, ie Glasses, expensive kitchen cabinets, tiles, marbles and so many other things you name it and imagine how much the Govt made by increasing the 2% GST??? $Billions

$ BILLIONS BILLIONS BILLIONS

evelyn owner
18-07-07, 14:17
yes transaction cost is a factor but by selling evelyn ($3M investment) I can roll the $1M profit as downpayment to buy Coast($5M investment) so my investment amt wld hv increased. So even if both Newton and Sentosa increases at the same rate, my absolute profit would be bigger. Of course this is taking bigger risk.

also i think sentosa would outperform Newton. Once all the plots hv been sold and the demand is still great, we dont need to be an economist to know what will happen to price. I think when all projects TOP, Sentosa should be 90% of Orchard prices. So if my forecast for Orchard is 7k psf, Sentosa shld be 6.3Kpsf given it a 300% upside compared to Orchard's 200% upside from current levels.

Now, I havent bought yet so pls dont go push up the price there ok? :)

Unregistered
18-07-07, 15:22
yes transaction cost is a factor but by selling evelyn ($3M investment) I can roll the $1M profit as downpayment to buy Coast($5M investment) so my investment amt wld hv increased. So even if both Newton and Sentosa increases at the same rate, my absolute profit would be bigger. Of course this is taking bigger risk.

also i think sentosa would outperform Newton. Once all the plots hv been sold and the demand is still great, we dont need to be an economist to know what will happen to price. I think when all projects TOP, Sentosa should be 90% of Orchard prices. So if my forecast for Orchard is 7k psf, Sentosa shld be 6.3Kpsf given it a 300% upside compared to Orchard's 200% upside from current levels.

Now, I havent bought yet so pls dont go push up the price there ok? :)

Why not buy ---> http://www.singaporeexpats.com/singapore-property-pictures/condo/the-berth-by-the-cove.htm

It is the most affordable in sentosa cove. Only cost $1400 subsale.

Saw an add you can try this one. Its a steal at $1400 penthouse unit.--->

OCEAN RD, THE BERTH BY THE COVE, 4 Rm, The Berth By the Cove 4-rm/ penthse $1450 psf+ Ocean & Waterway View Pls Call 98800180

You better hurry or I will be the one who is going to steal this one and push up the price.

Unregistered
18-07-07, 17:18
haha, thanks evelyn owner, u r like a defacto guru now.Appreciate yr views. .Anyway, how much is a small bungalow cost now in the vicinity of chancery ? Pls alert me when there is gd deal there ! Were u in the previous ppty boom cycle ?

quick check, the stack of PI next to the drain facing istana considered bad deal ??

wat i dont understand is that if MM doesnt want the rent to shoot up but the sale of condo price skyrocketed, ultimately we hv no yield to talk abt but jus capital appreciation and at the end of the dy, who is going to keep buying condo at 3, 4 mio for a start in the prime areas?

evelyn owner
19-07-07, 01:20
i dont think govt can control rents. govt can control price by increasing supply,taxes and indirectly, rents as prices-rents are directly related. becos so many units are being torn down, rents are bound to rise as more foreigners come to singapore to catch the booming economy.typical supply crunch.

I wld not buy PI facing drain if i can help it.

a small bungalow(4500-5500 sq ft) fr trevose to chancery stretch costs around $6-7m if new and $5m+ if old.

i had just graduated in the last cycle so couldnt afford to buy anything (thankfully),many people who got caught last cycle are still not in this cycle leaving it to new suckers like me ;)

in the words of warren buffett: "there are old fools and there are new fools, just dont be a regular fool" :)

Unregistered
19-07-07, 01:50
a small bungalow(4500-5500 sq ft) fr trevose to chancery stretch costs around $6-7m if new and $5m+ if old.

You mean land area 4500-5500 sq ft? Is that cheap or expensive? What is the height restriction placed on the Trevose to Chancery stretch? I believe 3 storeys not possible? So have to maximise plot ratio by building right up to the setback limit?

Unregistered
24-07-07, 08:13
Hi evelyn owner. jus curious . How u manage to buy a bungalow and hvg so much capital for yr investm having graduated 10 yrs ago. i reckon u r in yr late thirties which is my age too and i am still struggling with my first mortgage for my first tiny condo !! Any tips is welcome !!

evelyn owner
24-07-07, 13:03
wah what happend to this website? was shut down for a few days.

oh my industry pays very well so had the cash flow to finance the properties. to tell u honestly i only has $400K cash to invest 2 yrs ago. took 90% loan for $4m worth of properties, which rose 50%.

eg
$400K cash to buy $4m property
price went up 50% to $6M
cashed out. took $2M profit to buy $10M worth of properties.

It's very high risk and i dont recommend doing at this stage of the mkt. Well maybe for 1-2 more yrs can. (fingers crossed)

Unregistered
24-07-07, 13:09
wah what happend to this website? was shut down for a few days.

oh my industry pays very well so had the cash flow to finance the properties. to tell u honestly i only has $400K cash to invest 2 yrs ago. took 90% loan for $4m worth of properties, which rose 50%.

eg
$400K cash to buy $4m property
price went up 50% to $6M
cashed out. took $2M profit to buy $10M worth of properties.

It's very high risk and i dont recommend doing at this stage of the mkt. Well maybe for 1-2 more yrs can. (fingers crossed)

But to get a loan of 8 million your income must be super high(70-80k per month?).

Unregistered
24-07-07, 13:20
But to get a loan of 8 million your income must be super high(70-80k per month?).

Of course lah.Ministerial calibre.

Unregistered
24-07-07, 14:53

Well, I guess evelyn owner made a right move at a right time.

Actually you can borrow from the bank for 20-30 years so that the monthly payment will be more affordable.

I had a friend who bought The anchorage and borrowed from the bank for 20 yrs.

Guess what, He rented out the apt and the monthly rent is enough to pay for the bank.
what is even luckier is this fellow bought it at $600 psf and know the price is $1000 psf.

Well I guess if you want to make big bucks you must have the courage and evelyn owner just did it.

The $400k is now became $3.5m.

evelyn owner
24-07-07, 15:45
my income not so high la. abt $60k/mth. def not ministerial.
i just hope that with $10m exposure i can make 50% ie another $5m. my target is $10m profit this cycle so i can retire by 40. heh. i dont want to ride it to the end cos this super high leverage can kill.

timing is crucial. i think you can make 50% from sentosa from here within the next 6-12mths. marina bay has enuf land supply for 30 yrs.orchard is quite difficult from here within 12 mths and bkt timah has just gone up. i dare not punt the outlying areas like rochester/east coast cos i believe this is a foreign led rally while the suburban areas are not in the foreign radar. but who knows, there may be spillover like at rochester/meyer. i'm not smart enuf to know where the rainbow ends.

yes. stretch yr loan to max tenure and go for no penalty scheme. there are also banks offering interest only loan. actually if u take 70% loan, some banks dont look at your debt servicing/income ratio. another thing, i dont use CPF to pay for housing cos that is my rainy day piggy bank just in case i cant pay cash due to job loss/disability/property crash/etc. with $300K cash it can service my loans for about 1 yr so i can avoid bankruptcy.

Unregistered
24-07-07, 17:11
Is this all for real or just some mouth watering stories......

Unregistered
24-07-07, 17:18
where is the gd place to put money now if want to flip ?? With every tom, dick and harry buying everything,the good buys are almost gone.

I was talking to an indonesian who has the same tactic as evelyn owner, he put $1m+ worth of deferred payment in Pk infinia, cuscadian royale, cairnhill residence and ritz residence last tyr. Having sold all except PI for ownstay, he told me not only is PI free, he still has a cool 1-2 mio as profit in the bank! He was saying that SIngaporean not only kia si, kia su, now kia bo (scared dont have) and buying all the expensive ppty from the indon who r downloading them now hving earned $1 m per ppty.

which ppty in RV, Newton , cairhill respectively are considered gd buy tt will substain no matter wat the economy?

Unregistered
24-07-07, 17:19
I believe him.

I have friends earning that salary in IBs. I also have friends earning that amount in law firms. They are all only 30+ years old, driving Porsches, wearing $100k watches, etc. They don't work on Wall Street, but in HK and Singapore. Those working on Wall Street have that bulge bracket salary multiplied 3 times. People in the know will know what I am talking about.

The difference between evelyn owner and my friends, is that he makes property investments. My friends are not interested in property investment, preferring to buy property to stay (ie:- only 1 property) and spend their money on holidays, $20k handbags and gourmet restaurants.

Unregistered
24-07-07, 17:20
Evelyn owner, you inspire me! I left recently left my 80 to 100 hour a week job and decided to give "property investing" a go. I have used up all my savings from the past 6 years as well as into my OD faciilites to give myself a 10 million exposure to the property market. I hope you are right and property prices go up 50% from here!

Unregistered
24-07-07, 17:23
Well a dude in IB in Singapore and HK will make more than his peer in New York simply because of the lower tax rate and housing allowance (those in New York don't get it) so to say they make 3 times more in New York is wrong. Any most of my peer in IB like evelyn owners do invest in property both in HK and Singapore and they go in big time too....

Unregistered
24-07-07, 17:26
Anybody knows what is the best way to save tax?? my income tax is killing me, not tt i earn 60k a mth but quite close.......

Unregistered
24-07-07, 17:31
what is ib ?? All ppties will rise but make sure u choose the right ppty esply those with 3-4000 psf cos high risk and if there is no taker, u have to svc the loan for life or sell at loss which is substantial. The supply will come in 2-3 yrs time and we shall c what happen when supply>demand

Unregistered
24-07-07, 17:35
Anybody knows what is the best way to save tax?? my income tax is killing me, not tt i earn 60k a mth but quite close.......

It's about tax management to avoid tax (which is legal - evading then is illegal). Go see au auditor or tax adviser, it will be money well-spent. Given that I am a big-time lawyer earning 7 figure every 3 or 4 months, and having 12 properties all bought at special launch prices before the price surge, I am a S'porean and I am not a kia-bo. I have out-witted the Indonesian. If I were to sell my properties today (not a problem at all), I will an average of about 1.5 to 2 million per unit. That is about good enough to pay for 4 to 5 units I can keep and still got a few mio to boot. See, mch better than the Indonesian.

Unregistered
24-07-07, 17:38
It's about tax management to avoid tax (which is legal - evading then is illegal). Go see au auditor or tax adviser, it will be money well-spent. Given that I am a big-time lawyer earning 7 figure every 3 or 4 months, and having 12 properties all bought at special launch prices before the price surge, I am a S'porean and I am not a kia-bo. I have out-witted the Indonesian. If I were to sell my properties today (not a problem at all), I will an average of about 1.5 to 2 million per unit. That is about good enough to pay for 4 to 5 units I can keep and still got a few mio to boot. See, mch better than the Indonesian.

You indonesian and lawyer so bloody rich. I only earn $800 per month cleaning up your condo. Life is so unfair. I am not a kia-bo. I am a bo-bo. But one thing I am better than you all. I no need to worry about taxes. I am tax-free.

MAT YO YO
24-07-07, 17:39
what is ib ??

IKAN BAKAR

Unregistered
24-07-07, 22:18
my income not so high la. abt $60k/mth. def not ministerial.
i just hope that with $10m exposure i can make 50% ie another $5m. my target is $10m profit this cycle so i can retire by 40. heh. i dont want to ride it to the end cos this super high leverage can kill.

timing is crucial. i think you can make 50% from sentosa from here within the next 6-12mths. marina bay has enuf land supply for 30 yrs.orchard is quite difficult from here within 12 mths and bkt timah has just gone up. i dare not punt the outlying areas like rochester/east coast cos i believe this is a foreign led rally while the suburban areas are not in the foreign radar. but who knows, there may be spillover like at rochester/meyer. i'm not smart enuf to know where the rainbow ends.

yes. stretch yr loan to max tenure and go for no penalty scheme. there are also banks offering interest only loan. actually if u take 70% loan, some banks dont look at your debt servicing/income ratio. another thing, i dont use CPF to pay for housing cos that is my rainy day piggy bank just in case i cant pay cash due to job loss/disability/property crash/etc. with $300K cash it can service my loans for about 1 yr so i can avoid bankruptcy.

evelyn owner, with $10m dollar, what properties will you be investing???
I think you can get the coast for under $5m.
Unless you buy 2.

evelyn owner
25-07-07, 00:34
Haha IB is ikan bakar. thats what i feel like sometimes!

To unregistered: IB Is investment banking.

I dont believe in buying expensive branded stuff and driving porsches cos i was from a poor background. I wear a branded watch for 10 yrs. I do enjoy my holidays, restaurants and stay in comfy hotels but hv never taken a business or first class seat on personal travel. maybe when i hv $10M i will indulge a bit but not now. Now i'm focusing on bldg my nest egg or "FU" money. (FU money is impt so that when yr boss pisses u off, you can tell him F.U. i'm off! ;)))

with $10M what will i buy? something which everybody wants and is easy to sell. ie not the Parkview eclats and Super penthouses. I want something which i can sell in one week and there are no shortage of buyers.

I see those kinda properties as those which are in prime areas and around $2-5m. any higher it would ve to be benchmark properties like four seasons park or ardmore park- something easy to sell.

for now my $10m is invested in a bungalow and looking at sentosa and maybe some leftover for a small outlying prime (d21?) deferred project. i was thinking either cascadia or an old potential en-bloc like ridgewood or pandan valley.

if anyone knows how to save tax pls let me know. i always stupidly declare fully. i know singapore tax is easy to file and i never take more than 15 mins but i think i can save something somewhere. do let me know how. Thanks!

J-Dog
12-10-08, 12:08
It was very interesting to read you posts guys .. More interesting to know the latest developments ,how did you cut your losses e.t.c. I think in a few month there would be the best time to buy properties when prices below the floor and all the players with no back up plan are desperate to get out at any costs.. :doh:

Evelyn
13-10-08, 11:08
i wonder where is evelyn owner ? i value his/her value very much and i hope he can come back to give his thoughts on the present economic situation.

J-Dog
13-10-08, 11:16
I also liked his insights on the situation and he was very correct on what he said .. I guess he was stuck in the massive fall down and now licking his wounds .. He said he leveraged his 3m to buy 12m properties and it was right at the end of rally up.. when ppl were buying at 2,200psf and now all those properties down to 1,600 psf :scared-1:

Unreg¡stered
13-10-08, 13:24
I also liked his insights on the situation and he was very correct on what he said .. I guess he was stuck in the massive fall down and now licking his wounds .. He said he leveraged his 3m to buy 12m properties and it was right at the end of rally up.. when ppl were buying at 2,200psf and now all those properties down to 1,600 psf :scared-1:
if that is true ... same for you lah ... but you are also licking your wound what ...

J-Dog
13-10-08, 18:23
Ha-ha-ha,, Actually , no one protected from the sudden crash .. but I tell you, my strategy is to buy when everything is very depressed like now .. and sell when all the news paper going crazy about property boom, and all even you maid talks how the property getting expensive , this is sure time to sell .. I really hope that Evelyn Owner got out in time with minimal losses , I read his thread and I liked and appriciated every word he said.. Actually Residence evelyn is one of the greatest projects around location wise and facilities .. not directly facing roads , tucked away , 5 min to Ochard and 5 mins to Novena .. right by the Newton MRT and still well priced !!

Reg¡stered
13-10-08, 23:32
Ha-ha-ha,, Actually , no one protected from the sudden crash .. but I tell you, my strategy is to buy when everything is very depressed like now .. and sell when all the news paper going crazy about property boom, and all even you maid talks how the property getting expensive , this is sure time to sell .. I really hope that Evelyn Owner got out in time with minimal losses , I read his thread and I liked and appriciated every word he said.. Actually Residence evelyn is one of the greatest projects around location wise and facilities .. not directly facing roads , tucked away , 5 min to Ochard and 5 mins to Novena .. right by the Newton MRT and still well priced !!
Oh! I thought you have something new. That's why you cursed him to death and boasted to world you are the best.

Nothing new lah! You are doing what everyone is doing. Same same!

J-Dog
13-10-08, 23:45
I never cursed anyone and never boasted to the world , There is nothing new under the moon , just a game I guess like a Casino but much more at stakes and better chances of winning .. "If you do not buy - you will never sell and make" :banghead:

A Liar
13-10-08, 23:50
Oh! I thought you have something new. That's why you cursed him to death and boasted to world you are the best.

Nothing new lah! You are doing what everyone is doing. Same same!
J-Dog is just a Con Dog, trying to bullshit the forumers here. Only a fool like you get conned by him.

J-Dog
14-10-08, 00:00
"Same-Same but different " my friend !! Ha-Ha , you are very funny , Con Dog in what ?? Am I trying to sell you something ??? Wake up dude and go and buy your favourite "The Quartz" wait 100 years till it matures .. :spliff:

Anti-Maddog
14-10-08, 15:36
"Same-Same but different " my friend !! Ha-Ha , you are very funny , Con Dog in what ?? Am I trying to sell you something ??? Wake up dude and go and buy your favourite "The Quartz" wait 100 years till it matures .. :spliff:
Con people to buy D11 at D19 price?
Never mind lah!
Con Dog is yummy!

Unreg¡stered
17-10-08, 23:59
Con people to buy D11 at D19 price?
Never mind lah!
Con Dog is yummy!
D19? Wrong comparison lah.
Should compare to D4 lah.

Private Residential Units Sold in the Month of September 2008

Project Name ................ Locality . Units Sold In Month . Highest $psf . Median $psf . Lowest $psf
Reflections @ Keppel Bay . RCR ........ 8 ............................... 2,367 ............. 2,086 ........... 1,695

Wow! $2,367psf!

J-Dog
18-10-08, 09:27
Wow, 4 bedroom unit just had been sold for $1,550 psf in this Residence Evelyn 2,250 sf , this is extremely low price for such prime project .. Any idea what unit is this ?? Must be a lousy low floor unit .. These 4 bedroom units rent out for 17k per month .. :confused:

moonk123
19-11-08, 10:21
Project Name-RESIDENCES @ EVELYN(Former IXORA COURT)
Developer-City Developments Ltd
Property Type-Condominium
Tenure - Freehold
Total Units - 208
Completion Date - May-2007
District - 11

2 bedroom (1033 - 1141sf)
3 bedroom (1528 - 1539sf)
Penthouse (2067 - 2466sf)

hi,u can see at the condo surrounding through this website.It is 720 degree virtual tour

http://www.virtualhomes.sg/residences@evelyn

dmonddd
15-01-09, 23:39
Project Name-RESIDENCES @ EVELYN(Former IXORA COURT)
Developer-City Developments Ltd
Property Type-Condominium
Tenure - Freehold
Total Units - 208
Completion Date - May-2007
District - 11

2 bedroom (1033 - 1141sf)
3 bedroom (1528 - 1539sf)
Penthouse (2067 - 2466sf)

hi,u can see at the condo surrounding through this website.It is 720 degree virtual tour

http://www.virtualhomes.sg/residences@evelyn

more vacant units? prices sliding from high above $2000 psf to $1500psf..hitting developer's price soon. Anyone check with valuer and bank's what are the prices and financing margin like in Jan 2009? at $1200 psf with 70% financing margin.

dmonddd
17-01-09, 20:14
more vacant units? prices sliding from high above $2000 psf to $1500psf..hitting developer's price soon. Anyone check with valuer and bank's what are the prices and financing margin like in Jan 2009? at $1200 psf with 70% financing margin.

now property prices like share prices.....we have seen bank stock price crashed from $50 to less than $5.

Sellers seem to be more willing to lower the prices, realising that the window is closing soon....either at the bank on financing or drying demand.

J-Dog
23-01-09, 10:36
1,200 psf I will buy if anyone wants to sell , quick cash deal !
please leave me your details

dmonddd
25-01-09, 03:08
1,200 psf I will buy if anyone wants to sell , quick cash deal !
please leave me your details

although it's below developer's price, but at the rate of things are moving within orchard, prices for this project will fall to sub-$1000.

I must say that you are very courageous.

Gen Sahiro
03-02-09, 21:17
although it's below developer's price, but at the rate of things are moving within orchard, prices for this project will fall to sub-$1000.

I must say that you are very courageous.

You must've been following the trend. Selling below developer's price is not uncommon with current sentiments.......Think many might have seen that in the past. Don't think this time is an exception.....

DW
07-04-09, 01:22
You must've been following the trend. Selling below developer's price is not uncommon with current sentiments.......Think many might have seen that in the past. Don't think this time is an exception.....

Recently, I went to view a unit at Resi@ Evelyn and was most keen on it. I must say, as of now, I really like this unit quite a fair bit. This said, I am rather bothered by the construction immediately in front of Resi @ Evelyn.

I would like to get guidance from people whom might be familiar with the below situation.

The view of the unit was great, facing city and marina bay area, which I have a personal perference for. That is, this is the stack (living hall facing) which faces the newton road. Immediately in front of Resi @ Evelyn, there is huge bare patch with construction works appearing to be in good progress. I noticed the piling works appears to be completed and the building of the next relevant stage would be well in process. This development in front, from what I understand is Trilight by Ho Bee.

Given its location and the unblocked view of the city and marina area, it is lilkely that the developer will plan its frontage such that the view and facing towards city/marina area will be maximise (assuming unblocked city-CBD and marina area facing is preferred). Based on the frontage and site area shape, my assessment is that Trilight is likely to completely flank off the view of Residence @ Evelyn for the units facing City and CBD area. That development is expected to be a 30 storey condonium with two block. Residences @ Evelyn is approx. just over 30+ floors.

I understand Trilight is currently not launched yet. Based on Ho Bee's website, Trilight's expected completion is likely to April 2011, two years from now.

What are your views on procuring a unit at Residences @ Evelyn, for that facing, which in what would seemed to be completely flanked off by Trilight. I must say, the view as it is now, is fantantic.

In consideration of the potential upcoming construction (noise, dust...etc) and potentially blocked out view, Resi @ EVelyn prices are likely to plunge anytime soon ?

I noted the most recent caveats at URA was done at 1118psf. I understand that was a #19 unit with balcony.

PS: Although Newton One is now completely and somewhat diagonal to Resi@Evelyn, it is not actually not posing a problem, as it is located "off" the view of Resi @ Evelyn (Resi@Evelyn), for this unit which has direct city-CBD and marina facing.

dmonddd
07-04-09, 01:43
Recently, I went to view a unit at Resi@ Evelyn and was most keen on it. I must say, as of now, I really like this unit quite a fair bit. This said, I am rather bothered by the construction immediately in front of Resi @ Evelyn.

I would like to get guidance from people whom might be familiar with the below situation.

The view of the unit was great, facing city and marina bay area, which I have a personal perference for. That is, this is the stack (living hall facing) which faces the newton road. Immediately in front of Resi @ Evelyn, there is huge bare patch with construction works appearing to be in good progress. I noticed the piling works appears to be completed and the building of the next relevant stage would be well in process. This development in front, from what I understand is Trilight by Ho Bee.

Given its location and the unblocked view of the city and marina area, it is lilkely that the developer will plan its frontage such that the view and facing towards city/marina area will be maximise (assuming unblocked city-CBD and marina area facing is preferred). Based on the frontage and site area shape, my assessment is that Trilight is likely to completely flank off the view of Residence @ Evelyn for the units facing City and CBD area. That development is expected to be a 30 storey condonium with two block. Residences @ Evelyn is approx. just over 30+ floors.

I understand Trilight is currently not launched yet. Based on Ho Bee's website, Trilight's expected completion is likely to April 2011, two years from now.

What are your views on procuring a unit at Residences @ Evelyn, for that facing, which in what would seemed to be completely flanked off by Trilight. I must say, the view as it is now, is fantantic.

In consideration of the potential upcoming construction (noise, dust...etc) and potentially blocked out view, Resi @ EVelyn prices are likely to plunge anytime soon ?

I noted the most recent caveats at URA was done at 1118psf. I understand that was a #19 unit with balcony.

PS: Although Newton One is now completely and somewhat diagonal to Resi@Evelyn, it is not actually not posing a problem, as it is located "off" the view of Resi @ Evelyn, for this unit which has direct city-CBD and marina facing.

i viewed a vacant unit at 23rd floor last year (poor memory cant recall the date, home minister would remember) and beautiful view. agent in fact mentioned then that view should be clear even if newton one is up........as newton one would be much lower and guess what..

recently i also viewed a unit on 27th floor...i guess you viewed the same unit 2-bedder. omg...i expect the 27th floor unit be looking down at the penthouse of newton one. sorry it looks like we need to do a lot of homework way ahead and not take agent's words for it. and when i looked at the new project and noted that the piling spot is quite near.

DW, you wouldnt stand a chance as i viewed the tenanted unit way ahead of you. i have lost my interest in this project. have been trying to hard sell this project to home minister then who always complained about the glass-surrounded bath room in master. This designer is courageous to design such concept.

And my home minister noticed that with furniture in, the master bedroom can fit a bed but there's no legroom...

chapter closed on residences@ evelyn. a year ago at 1300psf i'm sure i would have bought the vacant unit at 23rd floor. the price then was calling at 1800psf. residences@evelyn lost its magic for those facing new project and newton one.

dmonddd
21-05-09, 18:45
latest asking price at $1600 psf. still below record high of $2000+ psf

focus
21-05-09, 22:09
Just read this thread..

it seems Coast was mentioned to be selling for $1450psf in 2007..

now in 2009..it is also selling around that price..

So means market bottom soon?... coz 2006 was the start of the pickup rite?...

dmon
31-05-09, 00:24
aaarghhh...regretted

shld have bought the unit.

one agent correctly pointed out that district 9,10,11 you can never have a clear view given the massive developments and demand.

most important is the location. now the asking prices hv increased beyond $1400psf.

richie$$$
02-06-09, 00:17
aaarghhh...regretted

shld have bought the unit.

one agent correctly pointed out that district 9,10,11 you can never have a clear view given the massive developments and demand.

most important is the location. now the asking prices hv increased beyond $1400psf.

thts y u dun hv d $$$
ppl cheong u wait

dmonddd
08-06-09, 08:36
thts y u dun hv d $$$
ppl cheong u wait

I'm just being cautious. Its not because I dont have the $$$.

But at current prices 1500psf, it is still worth buying compared to high of above 2000psf. Miro is going around 1300-1500psf and not completed

PI is asking for above 1450psf and Residences@evelyn is at a better location. much more pleasant.

Newton one is completing soon. and some asking 1400psf

dmonddd
08-06-09, 14:28
i regretted on earlier decision not to look at Residences@evelyn because of potential blocked view. One agent commented a valid point that in good times, view or no view, it is not critical. So long the view is not blocked as in Hong Kong where you can use a stick and touch next building. Most important is the location....sigh ;-(

should have gotten those earlier units up for sale in Mar/April......

dmonddd
16-07-09, 08:44
any unit for sale 20th floor and above - 2 bedder? $1.6m only.

chosen1
20-07-09, 01:45
dmonddd, Miro is asking for 18xx psf :doh:

dmonddd
20-07-09, 16:53
if miro is asking for $1800psf and newton one is calling for $1600psf, i doubt i can ask for $1600psf for residences@evelyn.

:banghead: :banghead:

shld have bought the one asking for $1400psf then........looks like newly launched project without seeing the actual building or even chances of completion, the asking price is already above $1600psf.

:banghead:

august
20-07-09, 17:14
if miro is asking for $1800psf and newton one is calling for $1600psf, i doubt i can ask for $1600psf for residences@evelyn.

:banghead: :banghead:

shld have bought the one asking for $1400psf then........looks like newly launched project without seeing the actual building or even chances of completion, the asking price is already above $1600psf.

no point looking back and keep thinking about it, move on ~

dmonddd
21-07-09, 08:41
agree. no look back. go forward and charge.....property is one asset you hold for many years....and it always cyclical. most important you feel comfortable moving around the condo

teddybear
21-07-09, 10:04
Have you looked at some other condos nearby? I found Residence@Evelyn to be not so convenient (have to walk quite some distance to MRT and also shopping area and amenities). With Trilight construction going on, it is hell lots of noise & dust over there for next 2+ years. Personally for own stay, I prefer those condos closer to United Square & Novena Square (with Novena MRT station just below Novena Square). Getting food and groceries is so much closer & easier. If you have kids, even more convenient because can just walk to United Square for enrichment classes! (mind you, all the good enrichment schools are in there and you don't have to go anywhere else!) :cheers6: With the new Parkway private hospital coming up nearby, there may be a mini-boom nearer that area? (Just like the Cairnhill area around Mt Elizabeth Hospital?).

agree. no look back. go forward and charge.....property is one asset you hold for many years....and it always cyclical. most important you feel comfortable moving around the condo

dmonddd
21-07-09, 10:33
Have you looked at some other condos nearby? I found Residence@Evelyn to be not so convenient (have to walk quite some distance to MRT and also shopping area and amenities). With Trilight construction going on, it is hell lots of noise & dust over there for next 2+ years. Personally for own stay, I prefer those condos closer to United Square & Novena Square (with Novena MRT station just below Novena Square). Getting food and groceries is so much closer & easier. If you have kids, even more convenient because can just walk to United Square for enrichment classes! (mind you, all the good enrichment schools are in there and you don't have to go anywhere else!) :cheers6: With the new Parkway private hospital coming up nearby, there may be a mini-boom nearer that area? (Just like the Cairnhill area around Mt Elizabeth Hospital?).

condos near novena square shld be much lower psf versus Res@evelyn
shopping area and amenities are not priority as orchard is the better option. and ppl always have tendency to drive further from own place for shopping.

further novena square/united square are much more congested. roads are curvy and narrower. everywhere has ongoing projects. same for PI as well surrounded by all mini mouse projects nearby as commented by some in forum.

and never good to stay near to hospital....bad chi.
and erp also an issue for cairnhill.

teddybear
21-07-09, 11:34
Yap, you are right. My personal opinion is that if a person want good investment, should buy prime Orchard area and not Residences@Evelyn. If a person want own stay and convenience because near to shopping area, MRT, and amenities, then buy condos around Novena Square and again not Residences@Evelyn. About Novena being more congested, this is subjective. Residences@Evelyn being accessible by just 1 single lane road can be as congested during peak hours as well vs others in Novena well served by multi-lane roads. The only advantage is probably being quieter (but definitely not that quiet also). However, If a I want very quiet area to live, I go Yio Chu Kang better (much much cheaper some more).

Despite the hospital in Cairnhill area and ERP, condos there are definitely transacted at much higher prices than Residences@Evelyn. So, the market said it all.

condos near novena square shld be much lower psf versus Res@evelyn
shopping area and amenities are not priority as orchard is the better option. and ppl always have tendency to drive further from own place for shopping.

further novena square/united square are much more congested. roads are curvy and narrower. everywhere has ongoing projects. same for PI as well surrounded by all mini mouse projects nearby as commented by some in forum.

and never good to stay near to hospital....bad chi.
and erp also an issue for cairnhill.

dmonddd
21-07-09, 13:55
Yap, you are right. My personal opinion is that if a person want good investment, should buy prime Orchard area and not Residences@Evelyn. If a person want own stay and convenience because near to shopping area, MRT, and amenities, then buy condos around Novena Square and again not Residences@Evelyn. About Novena being more congested, this is subjective. Residences@Evelyn being accessible by just 1 single lane road can be as congested during peak hours as well vs others in Novena well served by multi-lane roads. The only advantage is probably being quieter (but definitely not that quiet also). However, If a I want very quiet area to live, I go Yio Chu Kang better (much much cheaper some more).

Despite the hospital in Cairnhill area and ERP, condos there are definitely transacted at much higher prices than Residences@Evelyn. So, the market said it all.

Orchard is definitely a prime investment. a level down would be properties around newton or balmoral.

across the velocity junction, the prices diff alot in psf.

condos ard cairnhill & hospital fetch better rent which translate into higher psf is because of foreigners demand.

east coast condos near to shopping complexes. United square jam packed because of learning centres for kids. balestier's nice area as well near to food amenities.

res@evelyn is also close to ACS barker and the new ACS Monkhill. Also near to SJI primary school.

teddybear
21-07-09, 14:22
Personally, to me, there is no "a level down". Newton & Balmoral properties have no such investment appeal compared to those Orchard road properties - many of the latter are close to Orchard shopping areas and Orchard MRTs and yet some distance away as to be away from the crowd and have some serene and quiet atmosphere. In contrast, Balmoral and Newton are just too far from these "happening" places.

I have no liking for properties in Balmoral area and less of Newton area as well. To pay so much as of now for such areas, I rather buy Orchard with peace of mine because I believe prices of different areas will change with time, but only Orchard areas will always maintain their premium.

When you talk about the proximity to the good local primary schools, then it will only appeal to the locals as foreigners have no need for that. Their kids go to international schools. Many of the properties in Novena are still 1km to ACS (even closer to SJI Junior!) but they are cheaper and located in more convenient location to those Newton properties such as Residences@Evelyn & Newton One.

Orchard is definitely a prime investment. a level down would be properties around newton or balmoral.

across the velocity junction, the prices diff alot in psf.

condos ard cairnhill & hospital fetch better rent which translate into higher psf is because of foreigners demand.

east coast condos near to shopping complexes. United square jam packed because of learning centres for kids. balestier's nice area as well near to food amenities.

res@evelyn is also close to ACS barker and the new ACS Monkhill. Also near to SJI primary school.

J-Dog
21-07-09, 17:10
What a bullshit you are talking here my friends !! How can you compare Newton and Novena ? if you prefer Novena might as well buy Ballestier !
Residence Evelyn is really prime project !! Have you seen the facilities ? they are the best I have seen ! extremely nice ! another point this project is not neighbouring busy rds and very quite and piecefull even though just 4 minutes drive to Ochard ! Novena and United square are just 5-7 minutes walking via Buckley Rd. The finish is excellent ! Location is superb ! from some units the view is amazing , you can see the Esplanade , fireworks e.t.c.
so do not talk nonsense here. If newton 1 is transacting 1600psf crampled on a busy Rd looking into a flyover and not so good finish then Residence Evelyn should be $2k psf in this current market

teddybear
21-07-09, 18:45
What prime project you are talking about? Newton is considered prime? Don't bullshit lah. Newton considered Middle-class only. As such, how can Residences@Evelyn be considered prime? 4 mins driving to Orchard? Too far away for the foreign Tai-Tais. They usually don't drive. They prefer to walk to shopping if near enough, and the shops must have branded goods. Therefore, to them, the real prime is around Cuscaden and Paterson which is near to Ion. Secondary may be Killiney and Devonshire (but some have concern about the SingTel big big antennas over there). What is good to see about Residences@Evelyn? Since not prime and not convenient, I am not interested lah. Want to go to United Square and Novena Square still have to walk 5-7 mins? Are you sure? Looks more like 15-20 mins. Even if 5-7 mins, might as well pay much less to buy a property around United Square and still don't have to walk so far :tongue3:. Residences@Evelyn worth more than Newton One? Judging from recent transacted prices, the market said it all that this is not true, so don't bullshit lah! :banghead: If rich people want quiet and peaceful, they go buy property in some deep-in ulu places where they need to drive 1km or more via a small road from the main road to reach their house. They also won't buy & live in Residences@Evelyn (too near the busy, noisy and dusty Bukit Timah flyover above Newton Circus). :p

What a bullshit you are talking here my friends !! How can you compare Newton and Novena ? if you prefer Novena might as well buy Ballestier !
Residence Evelyn is really prime project !! Have you seen the facilities ? they are the best I have seen ! extremely nice ! another point this project is not neighbouring busy rds and very quite and piecefull even though just 4 minutes drive to Ochard ! Novena and United square are just 5-7 minutes walking via Buckley Rd. The finish is excellent ! Location is superb ! from some units the view is amazing , you can see the Esplanade , fireworks e.t.c.
so do not talk nonsense here. If newton 1 is transacting 1600psf crampled on a busy Rd looking into a flyover and not so good finish then Residence Evelyn should be $2k psf in this current market

dmonddd
21-07-09, 19:46
now i'm confused as teddy bear commented that newton is not in prime area......this forum classification is out?

what about D9, 10, 11?

novena is prime or not? balestier?

how does SLA cut out such districts? I'm now even more confused.

sleek
21-07-09, 19:59
Think URA classification as below :-
CCR - Core Central Region
RCR - Rest of Central Region
OCR - Outside Central Region

http://www.ura.gov.sg/realEstateWeb/realEstate/pageflow/price/submitSearch.do

dmonddd
21-07-09, 20:09
Personally, to me, there is no "a level down". Newton & Balmoral properties have no such investment appeal compared to those Orchard road properties - many of the latter are close to Orchard shopping areas and Orchard MRTs and yet some distance away as to be away from the crowd and have some serene and quiet atmosphere. In contrast, Balmoral and Newton are just too far from these "happening" places.

I have no liking for properties in Balmoral area and less of Newton area as well. To pay so much as of now for such areas, I rather buy Orchard with peace of mine because I believe prices of different areas will change with time, but only Orchard areas will always maintain their premium.

When you talk about the proximity to the good local primary schools, then it will only appeal to the locals as foreigners have no need for that. Their kids go to international schools. Many of the properties in Novena are still 1km to ACS (even closer to SJI Junior!) but they are cheaper and located in more convenient location to those Newton properties such as Residences@Evelyn & Newton One.

a bit confuse....you r saying that novena is good buy versus newton. and pay newton prices for novena properties.

orchard is always a good buy...my grand dad knows that.

a project with foreigners concentration is better than a project with mix of locals and foreigners?

august
21-07-09, 20:12
very simple, no matter how "un-prime" newton is, it will always be more prime than novena ~

teddybear
21-07-09, 20:18
What I am saying is: Newton no difference from Novena, all for middle-class only, and more for own-stay than investment. However, Newton properties prices always higher than Novena, yet not so convenient in terms of shopping & amenities. As such, if I have to choose between Newton & Novena, I choose Novena because it is better and yet cheaper! But please hor, don't confuse Novena with Belestier (that place got many very cramped-up apartments calling themselves condos and trying to sell at Novena prices and Belestier road always very jammed as most condos there need to pass by this road to get into the side lane leading to these Belestier condos).

However, for investment, since your grand dad also knows it must be Orchard, so that is it lah. Don't listen to bullshit about Newton properties being good for investment.

a bit confuse....you r saying that novena is good buy versus newton. and pay newton prices for novena properties.

a project with foreigners concentration is better than a project with mix of locals and foreigners?

dmonddd
21-07-09, 20:20
very simple, no matter how "un-prime" newton is, it will always be more prime than novena ~

thanks...august. That's what I thght until i hear teddy bear's comments.

otherwise this forum categorization is totally wrong - Prime D9, 10, 11.
then further sub-divide those areas within each district. then rank them accordingly......to derive psf for each sub-area

taking into consideration the key features of each project and demand, etc etc.....

dmonddd
21-07-09, 20:24
What I am saying is: Newton no difference from Novena, all for middle-class only, and more for own-stay than investment. However, Newton properties prices always higher than Novena, yet not so convenient in terms of shopping & amenities. As such, if I have to choose between Newton & Novena, I choose Novena because it is better and yet cheaper! But please hor, don't confuse Novena with Belestier (that place got many very cramped-up apartments calling themselves condos and trying to sell at Novena prices and Belestier road always very jammed as most condos there need to pass by this road to get into the side lane leading to these Belestier condos).

However, for investment, since your grand dad also knows it must be Orchard, so that is it lah. Don't listen to bullshit about Newton properties being good for investment.

huh then i dun understand why people still pay higher for newton properties as compared to novena with better shopping amenities as you claimed. shopping amenities is part of the equation for higher psf?

is it the serenity of the place or traffic jam that contributes to the prices or how many public housing blocks in the surrounding?

teddybear
21-07-09, 20:28
Middle-class only lah, what prime? :tongue3:
D9, D10, D11 are just considered CCR (Core Central Region), don't know who crown the name "Prime"?

dmonddd
21-07-09, 20:29
teddy bear must be owner of properties in novena.....or agent?

unless the market is pricing newton properties wrongly? so are the developers who are experts and buying land in the wrong places.....and pricing them wrongly as well.

unless teddy bear is saying that it is value for money...for something across the junction.

then a borderline property sitting between a prime and "unprime" area would be the best property to buy. only diff is the address.

teddybear
21-07-09, 20:38
Yah lor, same as don't know why people pay more than $2000 psf for Balmoral when they can get real 'prime' in Orchard at about this price. :banghead:
Also same for people buying Duchess Residences (beside Hwa Chong Institution) at $2300 psf but the last transaction in May 2009 is only $1399 psf. Don't know whether this guy will ever see day-light in next few years at $2300 psf price.

huh then i dun understand why people still pay higher for newton properties as compared to novena with better shopping amenities as you claimed. shopping amenities is part of the equation for higher psf?

is it the serenity of the place or traffic jam that contributes to the prices or how many public housing blocks in the surrounding?

august
21-07-09, 20:58
Middle-class only lah, what prime? :tongue3:
D9, D10, D11 are just considered CCR (Core Central Region), don't know who crown the name "Prime"?

i point u back to ur own post #133 where u said "Despite the hospital in Cairnhill area and ERP, condos there are definitely transacted at much higher prices than Residences@Evelyn. So, the market said it all." where u compared orchard v newton ..

now back to newton v novena... since newton traditionally transacts higher than novena.. so the mkt determines newton a grade above novena lor ~

no need mkt determine, walk around the 2 areas will know liao ~

gfoo
21-07-09, 21:19
The perception is historical. I grew up in this area, even studied at the primary school at gentle rd. Traditionally, Newton is the properties around Newton MRT encompassing gentle road down to the main dunearn road. Cairnhill was also considered part of Newton.

Novena was the thin strip from just after the church down to st michaels, encompassing the united square area and around hotel royal. a small strip of gilstead where the car showroom is arguably novena, but is really is considered newton last time.

Balestier was always the unsavory part of the area, never ever considered prime, or even part of novena/newton.

It was only after unscrupulous developers started to do false marketing that balestier was part of novena that many people fell for it, and started to refer to what is supposed to be balestier as novena. The other side of balestier has always been considered whampoa.

Back to newton - this area incl cairnhill has always been upper middle class, but never prime. the Singaporean managers, HODs, etc were the ones that brought up families here.

At the end of the day, whether cairnhill or newton, it's still a nice place to live. But if you bought balestier, you've paid a premium for good marketing and a false cachet of 'nouveau riche'

the developers are now trying to turn bendemeer/kallang into balestier, and like those before them, people continue to fall for this. Developers make a far more convincing job of redrawing boundaries - the PAP and their GRC game are amateurs compared to developers

teddybear
21-07-09, 21:27
Yes, the market said it all for now TEMPORARILY but not in the future. Market is sometimes stupid, that is why some people make big money in properties and stocks because of the stupid market while others lose their trousers!

In 2007, market said Duchess Residences worth $2300 psf! Wow! Even worth more than Newton & Novena area. Now? You go find out. :tongue3:

For sure, Cairnhill area despite the hospital and ERP is within walking distance to Paragon and other shopping malls and Somerset MRT station. The same is not true for Newton. So, you don't have to try to belittle Cairnhill with respect to Newton. Newton is really the "no-where" type - cannot even be compared to the "hairs of leg" of prime Orchard and yet don't have attractions of the conveniences and amenities of Novena, and yet also don't have the quietness and serenity of being far far away from the busy crowds and traffics.

i point u back to ur own post #133 where u said "Despite the hospital in Cairnhill area and ERP, condos there are definitely transacted at much higher prices than Residences@Evelyn. So, the market said it all." where u compared orchard v newton ..

now back to newton v novena... since newton traditionally transacts higher than novena.. so the mkt determines newton a grade above novena lor ~

no need mkt determine, walk around the 2 areas will know liao ~

august
21-07-09, 22:22
Yes, the market said it all for now TEMPORARILY but not in the future. Market is sometimes stupid, that is why some people make big money in properties and stocks because of the stupid market while others lose their trousers!

In 2007, market said Duchess Residences worth $2300 psf! Wow! Even worth more than Newton & Novena area. Now? You go find out. :tongue3:

For sure, Cairnhill area despite the hospital and ERP is within walking distance to Paragon and other shopping malls and Somerset MRT station. The same is not true for Newton. So, you don't have to try to belittle Cairnhill with respect to Newton. Newton is really the "no-where" type - cannot even be compared to the "hairs of leg" of prime Orchard and yet don't have attractions of the conveniences and amenities of Novena, and yet also don't have the quietness and serenity of being far far away from the busy crowds and traffics.

i see u are a big fan of novena .. let u win lah mr "mkt said it all" ~ :o

august
21-07-09, 22:26
Developers make a far more convincing job of redrawing boundaries - the PAP and their GRC game are amateurs compared to developers

the diff between developers and the pap is u dun hv to be suckered by former, but u lan lan got to swallow the spit the pap spew out hahaha :p

then again ppl who can even be conned by the pap of cos wont know shit from gem hehe ~

richie$$$
21-07-09, 23:10

Agree with bargainhunter who rightfully said -everyone has an agenda in this forum.

proud owner
21-07-09, 23:15
Agree with bargainhunter who rightfully said -everyone has an agenda in this forum.

i dont ..

well maybe ..

my agenda is to seek amusement from some stupid inputs and stupid 'logic' ..from some forum-ers ... just some ..not all

richie$$$
21-07-09, 23:15
The perception is historical. I grew up in this area, even studied at the primary school at gentle rd. Traditionally, Newton is the properties around Newton MRT encompassing gentle road down to the main dunearn road. Cairnhill was also considered part of Newton.

Novena was the thin strip from just after the church down to st michaels, encompassing the united square area and around hotel royal. a small strip of gilstead where the car showroom is arguably novena, but is really is considered newton last time.

Balestier was always the unsavory part of the area, never ever considered prime, or even part of novena/newton.

It was only after unscrupulous developers started to do false marketing that balestier was part of novena that many people fell for it, and started to refer to what is supposed to be balestier as novena. The other side of balestier has always been considered whampoa.

Back to newton - this area incl cairnhill has always been upper middle class, but never prime. the Singaporean managers, HODs, etc were the ones that brought up families here.

At the end of the day, whether cairnhill or newton, it's still a nice place to live. But if you bought balestier, you've paid a premium for good marketing and a false cachet of 'nouveau riche'

the developers are now trying to turn bendemeer/kallang into balestier, and like those before them, people continue to fall for this. Developers make a far more convincing job of redrawing boundaries - the PAP and their GRC game are amateurs compared to developers

very true.....i agree. however, buyers here seems nt well informed.
developers can draw u d nicest painting, but who writes d cheque.

in ranking by one level down each line
(1) orchard
(2) newton
(3) novena
(4) balestier

teddybear amenities doesnt equate higher psf...u shld then look at condos ard jurong imm or amk hub, tampines mall. congested = complicated population in surroundings

richie$$$
21-07-09, 23:18
i dont ..

well maybe ..

my agenda is to seek amusement from some stupid inputs and stupid 'logic' ..from some forum-ers ... just some ..not all

some ppl enjoy playing with firestarter / fan.

everyone in here has an agenda......that's reality. may nt b 4 $$$ for satisfaction....company.....

J-Dog
21-07-09, 23:23
to me those are idiotics comments , Look 3 years in the future at Newton : "Hamilton" , New "Ritz-Carlton" and God knows how many more supa ligue projects, not mentioned existing "Sheraton" , Hawker's food centre , and all the rest .. Once again u can not compare serenity and quiteness of Res@Evel. with crowdness and medical hubness of Novena , where lot of cars e.t.c. The other thing if you take a shortcut from Res@Ev by quite and piecefull Bukley Rd it will take you 5 min to get to United square. or the other direction to Ochard 15 mins walk or 1 MRT station right to doorsteps of "Ion" .. Res Ev 80% are foreigners and they know what they paid for . come over and chck out facilities first before you make stupid comments ..
on the last note I will leave you in piece if you like Novena or balestier let be it . To some even Johar Bahru is a better choice then Ochard whatever.
The highest transacted for Res. Ev was 2,400psf in 07' ! Novena ? I doubt 1500psf and only for Soleil which some loosers bought on herd's instinct ..

dmonddd
21-07-09, 23:28
to me those are idiotics comments , Look 3 years in the future at Newton : "Hamilton" , New "Ritz-Carlton" and God knows how many more supa ligue projects, not mentioned existing "Sheraton" , Hawker's food centre , and all the rest .. Once again u can not compare serenity and quiteness of Res@Evel. with crowdness and medical hubness of Novena , where lot of cars e.t.c. The other thing if you take a shortcut from Res@Ev by quite and piecefull Bukley Rd it will take you 5 min to get to United square. or the other direction to Ochard 15 mins walk or 1 MRT station right to doorsteps of "Ion" .. Res Ev 80% are foreigners and they know what they paid for . come over and chck out facilities first before you make stupid comments ..
on the last note I will leave you in piece if you like Novena or balestier let be it . To some even Johar Bahru is a better choice then Ochard whatever.
The highest transacted for Res. Ev was 2,400psf in 07' ! Novena ? I doubt 1500psf and only for Soleil which some loosers bought on herd's instinct ..

thats J-dog......u hit bull's eyes. been waiting for someone to give me some bullets to convince my wife to buy res@evelyn instead of PI or Arte or novena area

proud owner
21-07-09, 23:32

agree ...

one can spend 100's of 1000's to renovate their condo untill nice nice ..

but you can NEVER change whats outside ...

so i too would pay for Evelyn .. never Novena , Balestier ... regardless how much discount i get ..

Douk
21-07-09, 23:34

like serangoon garden? :D :D :D

dmonddd
21-07-09, 23:36
agree ...

one can spend 100's of 1000's to renovate their condo untill nice nice ..

but you can NEVER change whats outside ...

so i too would pay for Evelyn .. never Novena , Balestier ... regardless how much discount i get ..

more bullets :) thanks proud owner
no problem to convince my wife

now problem ...no one is selling..since all foreigners. they keep. cheap for them versus their london, new york homes. sigh:doh:

proud owner
21-07-09, 23:36

give S Gdn a miss ..

so dense ... road so narrow .. one way in ..one way out ..

well maybe 2 way in 2 way out ..

i always feel very cramp when i drive there ... anyone else feel that way ?

dmonddd
21-07-09, 23:37
pls ...aiyo yo ...no discrmn

dmonddd
21-07-09, 23:38
give S Gdn a miss ..

so dense ... road so narrow .. one way in ..one way out ..

well maybe 2 way in 2 way out ..

i always feel very cramp when i drive there ... anyone else feel that way ?

when i mentioned project with foreigners...douk meant those jurong foreign workers

august
21-07-09, 23:46
thats J-dog......u hit bull's eyes. been waiting for someone to give me some bullets to convince my wife to buy res@evelyn instead of PI or Arte or novena area

PI still ok.. arte or vista big no no ~~ :o

proud owner
21-07-09, 23:49
more bullets :) thanks proud owner
no problem to convince my wife

now problem ...no one is selling..since all foreigners. they keep. cheap for them versus their london, new york homes. sigh:doh:

my friend bought 7 units during launch .. till date ..they have no plans to sell any units ...

they just love it ...

dmonddd
21-07-09, 23:56
my friend bought 7 units during launch .. till date ..they have no plans to sell any units ...

they just love it ...

now i know why so many units for sale in PI because all are flippers
whilst not many units for sale in res@evelyn. on proportionate basis, higher percentage of units transacted in PI versus res@evelyn.

teddybear
22-07-09, 00:07
You are right that "Hamilton" & "Ritz-Carlton" are formerly classified under Newton planning area by URA.
However, sorry to tell you that your so highly regarded Res@Evelyn which you claimed is in "Newton area" is classified under Novena planning area by URA. So, your Residences@Evelyn is really no difference from the other Novena condos. Let's compare the price of Res@Evelyn with PI in Novena area condos for the last 1 year.........

Here you are:

Project Name http://www.ura.gov.sg/WebResources/images/common/sortIcon.jpg (http://javascript%3Cb%3E%3C/b%3E:setSortBy%28%27PROJECT_NAME%27%29;) Street Name http://www.ura.gov.sg/WebResources/images/common/sortIcon.jpg (http://javascript%3Cb%3E%3C/b%3E:setSortBy%28%27STREET_NAME%27%29;) Type http://www.ura.gov.sg/WebResources/images/common/sortIcon.jpg (http://javascript%3Cb%3E%3C/b%3E:setSortBy%28%27PROPERTY_TYPE%27%29;) No. of Units http://www.ura.gov.sg/WebResources/images/common/sortIcon.jpg (http://javascript%3Cb%3E%3C/b%3E:setSortBy%28%27COVER%27%29;) Price
($) http://www.ura.gov.sg/WebResources/images/common/sortIcon.jpg (http://javascript%3Cb%3E%3C/b%3E:setSortBy%28%27PRICE%27%29;) Land/
Floor Area (Sqft) http://www.ura.gov.sg/WebResources/images/common/sortIcon.jpg (http://javascript%3Cb%3E%3C/b%3E:setSortBy%28%27FLOOR_LAND_AREA_SQF%27%29;) Type of Area http://www.ura.gov.sg/WebResources/images/common/sortIcon.jpg (http://javascript%3Cb%3E%3C/b%3E:setSortBy%28%27LOT_TYPE%27%29;) Unit Price ($psf) http://www.ura.gov.sg/WebResources/images/common/sortIcon.jpg (http://javascript%3Cb%3E%3C/b%3E:setSortBy%28%27PRICE_PSF%27%29;) Date of Option Exercised / Sales Agreement Signed http://www.ura.gov.sg/WebResources/images/common/sortIcon.jpg (http://javascript%3Cb%3E%3C/b%3E:setSortBy%28%27CONTRACT_DATE%27%29;) RESIDENCES @ EVELYN (http://javascript%3Cb%3E%3C/b%3E:popUp%28%27submitSISV.do?project_name=RESIDENCES%20@%20EVELYN&street_name=EVELYN%20ROAD&property_type_code=24%27%29;) EVELYN ROAD Condominium 1 1,480,000 1,033 Strata 1,432 Jun-09 RESIDENCES @ EVELYN (http://javascript%3Cb%3E%3C/b%3E:popUp%28%27submitSISV.do?project_name=RESIDENCES%20@%20EVELYN&street_name=EVELYN%20ROAD&property_type_code=24%27%29;) EVELYN ROAD Condominium 1 1,430,000 1,109 Strata 1,290 May-09 RESIDENCES @ EVELYN (http://javascript%3Cb%3E%3C/b%3E:popUp%28%27submitSISV.do?project_name=RESIDENCES%20@%20EVELYN&street_name=EVELYN%20ROAD&property_type_code=24%27%29;) EVELYN ROAD Condominium 1 1,430,000 1,109 Strata 1,290 May-09 RESIDENCES @ EVELYN (http://javascript%3Cb%3E%3C/b%3E:popUp%28%27submitSISV.do?project_name=RESIDENCES%20@%20EVELYN&street_name=EVELYN%20ROAD&property_type_code=24%27%29;) EVELYN ROAD Condominium 1 1,472,752 1,109 Strata 1,328 May-09 RESIDENCES @ EVELYN (http://javascript%3Cb%3E%3C/b%3E:popUp%28%27submitSISV.do?project_name=RESIDENCES%20@%20EVELYN&street_name=EVELYN%20ROAD&property_type_code=24%27%29;) EVELYN ROAD Condominium 1 1,250,000 1,033 Strata 1,210 May-09 RESIDENCES @ EVELYN (http://javascript%3Cb%3E%3C/b%3E:popUp%28%27submitSISV.do?project_name=RESIDENCES%20@%20EVELYN&street_name=EVELYN%20ROAD&property_type_code=24%27%29;) EVELYN ROAD Condominium 1 1,923,750 1,539 Strata 1,250 Apr-09 RESIDENCES @ EVELYN (http://javascript%3Cb%3E%3C/b%3E:popUp%28%27submitSISV.do?project_name=RESIDENCES%20@%20EVELYN&street_name=EVELYN%20ROAD&property_type_code=24%27%29;) EVELYN ROAD Condominium 1 1,770,000 1,539 Strata 1,150 Mar-09 RESIDENCES @ EVELYN (http://javascript%3Cb%3E%3C/b%3E:popUp%28%27submitSISV.do?project_name=RESIDENCES%20@%20EVELYN&street_name=EVELYN%20ROAD&property_type_code=24%27%29;) EVELYN ROAD Condominium 1 1,239,000 1,109 Strata 1,118 Mar-09 RESIDENCES @ EVELYN (http://javascript%3Cb%3E%3C/b%3E:popUp%28%27submitSISV.do?project_name=RESIDENCES%20@%20EVELYN&street_name=EVELYN%20ROAD&property_type_code=24%27%29;) EVELYN ROAD Condominium 1 3,431,250 2,250 Strata 1,525 Sep-08
Project Name http://www.ura.gov.sg/WebResources/images/common/sortIcon.jpg (http://javascript%3Cb%3E%3C/b%3E:setSortBy%28%27PROJECT_NAME%27%29;) Street Name http://www.ura.gov.sg/WebResources/images/common/sortIcon.jpg (http://javascript%3Cb%3E%3C/b%3E:setSortBy%28%27STREET_NAME%27%29;) Type http://www.ura.gov.sg/WebResources/images/common/sortIcon.jpg (http://javascript%3Cb%3E%3C/b%3E:setSortBy%28%27PROPERTY_TYPE%27%29;) No. of Units http://www.ura.gov.sg/WebResources/images/common/sortIcon.jpg (http://javascript%3Cb%3E%3C/b%3E:setSortBy%28%27COVER%27%29;) Price
($) http://www.ura.gov.sg/WebResources/images/common/sortIcon.jpg (http://javascript%3Cb%3E%3C/b%3E:setSortBy%28%27PRICE%27%29;) Land/
Floor Area (Sqft) http://www.ura.gov.sg/WebResources/images/common/sortIcon.jpg (http://javascript%3Cb%3E%3C/b%3E:setSortBy%28%27FLOOR_LAND_AREA_SQF%27%29;) Type of Area http://www.ura.gov.sg/WebResources/images/common/sortIcon.jpg (http://javascript%3Cb%3E%3C/b%3E:setSortBy%28%27LOT_TYPE%27%29;) Unit Price ($psf) http://www.ura.gov.sg/WebResources/images/common/sortIcon.jpg (http://javascript%3Cb%3E%3C/b%3E:setSortBy%28%27PRICE_PSF%27%29;) Date of Option Exercised / Sales Agreement Signed http://www.ura.gov.sg/WebResources/images/common/sortIcon.jpg (http://javascript%3Cb%3E%3C/b%3E:setSortBy%28%27CONTRACT_DATE%27%29;) PARK INFINIA AT WEE NAM (http://javascript%3Cb%3E%3C/b%3E:popUp%28%27submitSISV.do?project_name=PARK%20INFINIA%20AT%20WEE%20NAM&street_name=LINCOLN%20ROAD&property_type_code=24%27%29;) LINCOLN ROAD Condominium 1 1,430,000 1,001 Strata 1,428 Jul-09 PARK INFINIA AT WEE NAM (http://javascript%3Cb%3E%3C/b%3E:popUp%28%27submitSISV.do?project_name=PARK%20INFINIA%20AT%20WEE%20NAM&street_name=LINCOLN%20ROAD&property_type_code=24%27%29;) LINCOLN ROAD Condominium 1 1,525,500 1,130 Strata 1,350 Jun-09 PARK INFINIA AT WEE NAM (http://javascript%3Cb%3E%3C/b%3E:popUp%28%27submitSISV.do?project_name=PARK%20INFINIA%20AT%20WEE%20NAM&street_name=LINCOLN%20ROAD&property_type_code=24%27%29;) LINCOLN ROAD Condominium 1 2,349,100 1,690 Strata 1,390 Jun-09 PARK INFINIA AT WEE NAM (http://javascript%3Cb%3E%3C/b%3E:popUp%28%27submitSISV.do?project_name=PARK%20INFINIA%20AT%20WEE%20NAM&street_name=LINCOLN%20ROAD&property_type_code=24%27%29;) LINCOLN ROAD Condominium 1 1,274,235 969 Strata 1,315 Jun-09 PARK INFINIA AT WEE NAM (http://javascript%3Cb%3E%3C/b%3E:popUp%28%27submitSISV.do?project_name=PARK%20INFINIA%20AT%20WEE%20NAM&street_name=LINCOLN%20ROAD&property_type_code=24%27%29;) LINCOLN ROAD Condominium 1 1,559,400 1,130 Strata 1,380 Jun-09 PARK INFINIA AT WEE NAM (http://javascript%3Cb%3E%3C/b%3E:popUp%28%27submitSISV.do?project_name=PARK%20INFINIA%20AT%20WEE%20NAM&street_name=LINCOLN%20ROAD&property_type_code=24%27%29;) LINCOLN ROAD Condominium 1 1,708,800 1,335 Strata 1,280 Jun-09 PARK INFINIA AT WEE NAM (http://javascript%3Cb%3E%3C/b%3E:popUp%28%27submitSISV.do?project_name=PARK%20INFINIA%20AT%20WEE%20NAM&street_name=LINCOLN%20ROAD&property_type_code=24%27%29;) LINCOLN ROAD Condominium 1 1,527,000 980 Strata 1,559 Jun-09 PARK INFINIA AT WEE NAM (http://javascript%3Cb%3E%3C/b%3E:popUp%28%27submitSISV.do?project_name=PARK%20INFINIA%20AT%20WEE%20NAM&street_name=LINCOLN%20ROAD&property_type_code=24%27%29;) LINCOLN ROAD Condominium 1 1,240,000 969 Strata 1,280 Jun-09 PARK INFINIA AT WEE NAM (http://javascript%3Cb%3E%3C/b%3E:popUp%28%27submitSISV.do?project_name=PARK%20INFINIA%20AT%20WEE%20NAM&street_name=LINCOLN%20ROAD&property_type_code=24%27%29;) LINCOLN ROAD Condominium 1 2,418,600 1,668 Strata 1,450 Jun-09 PARK INFINIA AT WEE NAM (http://javascript%3Cb%3E%3C/b%3E:popUp%28%27submitSISV.do?project_name=PARK%20INFINIA%20AT%20WEE%20NAM&street_name=LINCOLN%20ROAD&property_type_code=24%27%29;) LINCOLN ROAD Condominium 1 1,830,000 1,464 Strata 1,250 Jun-09 PARK INFINIA AT WEE NAM (http://javascript%3Cb%3E%3C/b%3E:popUp%28%27submitSISV.do?project_name=PARK%20INFINIA%20AT%20WEE%20NAM&street_name=LINCOLN%20ROAD&property_type_code=24%27%29;) LINCOLN ROAD Condominium 1 1,447,000 980 Strata 1,477 Jun-09 PARK INFINIA AT WEE NAM (http://javascript%3Cb%3E%3C/b%3E:popUp%28%27submitSISV.do?project_name=PARK%20INFINIA%20AT%20WEE%20NAM&street_name=LINCOLN%20ROAD&property_type_code=24%27%29;) LINCOLN ROAD Condominium 1 2,642,640 2,002 Strata 1,320 Jun-09 PARK INFINIA AT WEE NAM (http://javascript%3Cb%3E%3C/b%3E:popUp%28%27submitSISV.do?project_name=PARK%20INFINIA%20AT%20WEE%20NAM&street_name=LINCOLN%20ROAD&property_type_code=24%27%29;) LINCOLN ROAD Condominium 1 1,230,000 893 Strata 1,377 Jun-09 PARK INFINIA AT WEE NAM (http://javascript%3Cb%3E%3C/b%3E:popUp%28%27submitSISV.do?project_name=PARK%20INFINIA%20AT%20WEE%20NAM&street_name=LINCOLN%20ROAD&property_type_code=24%27%29;) LINCOLN ROAD Condominium 1 1,351,350 1,001 Strata 1,350 Jun-09 PARK INFINIA AT WEE NAM (http://javascript%3Cb%3E%3C/b%3E:popUp%28%27submitSISV.do?project_name=PARK%20INFINIA%20AT%20WEE%20NAM&street_name=LINCOLN%20ROAD&property_type_code=24%27%29;) LINCOLN ROAD Condominium 1 1,786,000 1,464 Strata 1,220 Jun-09 PARK INFINIA AT WEE NAM (http://javascript%3Cb%3E%3C/b%3E:popUp%28%27submitSISV.do?project_name=PARK%20INFINIA%20AT%20WEE%20NAM&street_name=LINCOLN%20ROAD&property_type_code=24%27%29;) LINCOLN ROAD Condominium 1 1,389,900 1,130 Strata 1,230 Jun-09 PARK INFINIA AT WEE NAM (http://javascript%3Cb%3E%3C/b%3E:popUp%28%27submitSISV.do?project_name=PARK%20INFINIA%20AT%20WEE%20NAM&street_name=LINCOLN%20ROAD&property_type_code=24%27%29;) LINCOLN ROAD Condominium 1 2,049,600 1,464 Strata 1,400 Jun-09 PARK INFINIA AT WEE NAM (http://javascript%3Cb%3E%3C/b%3E:popUp%28%27submitSISV.do?project_name=PARK%20INFINIA%20AT%20WEE%20NAM&street_name=LINCOLN%20ROAD&property_type_code=24%27%29;) LINCOLN ROAD Condominium 1 1,425,000 1,001 Strata 1,424 Jun-09 PARK INFINIA AT WEE NAM (http://javascript%3Cb%3E%3C/b%3E:popUp%28%27submitSISV.do?project_name=PARK%20INFINIA%20AT%20WEE%20NAM&street_name=LINCOLN%20ROAD&property_type_code=24%27%29;) LINCOLN ROAD Condominium 1 1,485,000 1,130 Strata 1,314 May-09 PARK INFINIA AT WEE NAM (http://javascript%3Cb%3E%3C/b%3E:popUp%28%27submitSISV.do?project_name=PARK%20INFINIA%20AT%20WEE%20NAM&street_name=LINCOLN%20ROAD&property_type_code=24%27%29;) LINCOLN ROAD Condominium 1 1,387,000 1,001 Strata 1,386 May-09 PARK INFINIA AT WEE NAM (http://javascript%3Cb%3E%3C/b%3E:popUp%28%27submitSISV.do?project_name=PARK%20INFINIA%20AT%20WEE%20NAM&street_name=LINCOLN%20ROAD&property_type_code=24%27%29;) LINCOLN ROAD Condominium 1 1,473,000 1,130 Strata 1,303 May-09 PARK INFINIA AT WEE NAM (http://javascript%3Cb%3E%3C/b%3E:popUp%28%27submitSISV.do?project_name=PARK%20INFINIA%20AT%20WEE%20NAM&street_name=LINCOLN%20ROAD&property_type_code=24%27%29;) LINCOLN ROAD Condominium 1 1,343,000 1,001 Strata 1,342 May-09 PARK INFINIA AT WEE NAM (http://javascript%3Cb%3E%3C/b%3E:popUp%28%27submitSISV.do?project_name=PARK%20INFINIA%20AT%20WEE%20NAM&street_name=LINCOLN%20ROAD&property_type_code=24%27%29;) LINCOLN ROAD Condominium 1 1,645,000 1,442 Strata 1,140 May-09 PARK INFINIA AT WEE NAM (http://javascript%3Cb%3E%3C/b%3E:popUp%28%27submitSISV.do?project_name=PARK%20INFINIA%20AT%20WEE%20NAM&street_name=LINCOLN%20ROAD&property_type_code=24%27%29;) LINCOLN ROAD Condominium 1 2,305,000 1,690 Strata 1,364 May-09 PARK INFINIA AT WEE NAM (http://javascript%3Cb%3E%3C/b%3E:popUp%28%27submitSISV.do?project_name=PARK%20INFINIA%20AT%20WEE%20NAM&street_name=LINCOLN%20ROAD&property_type_code=24%27%29;) LINCOLN ROAD Condominium 1 1,231,230 1,001 Strata 1,230 May-09 PARK INFINIA AT WEE NAM (http://javascript%3Cb%3E%3C/b%3E:popUp%28%27submitSISV.do?project_name=PARK%20INFINIA%20AT%20WEE%20NAM&street_name=LINCOLN%20ROAD&property_type_code=24%27%29;) LINCOLN ROAD Condominium 1 1,435,100 1,130 Strata 1,270 May-09 PARK INFINIA AT WEE NAM (http://javascript%3Cb%3E%3C/b%3E:popUp%28%27submitSISV.do?project_name=PARK%20INFINIA%20AT%20WEE%20NAM&street_name=LINCOLN%20ROAD&property_type_code=24%27%29;) LINCOLN ROAD Condominium 1 1,310,000 1,001 Strata 1,309 Apr-09 PARK INFINIA AT WEE NAM (http://javascript%3Cb%3E%3C/b%3E:popUp%28%27submitSISV.do?project_name=PARK%20INFINIA%20AT%20WEE%20NAM&street_name=LINCOLN%20ROAD&property_type_code=24%27%29;) LINCOLN ROAD Condominium 1 1,183,000 969 Strata 1,221 Apr-09 PARK INFINIA AT WEE NAM (http://javascript%3Cb%3E%3C/b%3E:popUp%28%27submitSISV.do?project_name=PARK%20INFINIA%20AT%20WEE%20NAM&street_name=LINCOLN%20ROAD&property_type_code=24%27%29;) LINCOLN ROAD Condominium 1 1,151,150 1,001 Strata 1,150 Apr-09 PARK INFINIA AT WEE NAM (http://javascript%3Cb%3E%3C/b%3E:popUp%28%27submitSISV.do?project_name=PARK%20INFINIA%20AT%20WEE%20NAM&street_name=LINCOLN%20ROAD&property_type_code=24%27%29;) LINCOLN ROAD Condominium 1 1,179,000 969 Strata 1,217 Apr-09 PARK INFINIA AT WEE NAM (http://javascript%3Cb%3E%3C/b%3E:popUp%28%27submitSISV.do?project_name=PARK%20INFINIA%20AT%20WEE%20NAM&street_name=LINCOLN%20ROAD&property_type_code=24%27%29;) LINCOLN ROAD Condominium 1 1,124,000 850 Strata 1,322 Apr-09 PARK INFINIA AT WEE NAM (http://javascript%3Cb%3E%3C/b%3E:popUp%28%27submitSISV.do?project_name=PARK%20INFINIA%20AT%20WEE%20NAM&street_name=LINCOLN%20ROAD&property_type_code=24%27%29;) LINCOLN ROAD Condominium 1 2,402,400 2,002 Strata 1,200 Apr-09
The conclusion is that the so called Novena condo is now fetching a better price than Res@ evelyn... (Res@Evelyn is past.).

dmonddd
22-07-09, 00:14
project with many agents will push prices up...same with what you said on duchess. plus flippers. informed buyers vs blank buyers....look at PI materials or finishing esp the kitchen cabinets, tiles. i've viewed both projects finishings n still find res@evelyn has better quality finishes..just compare the lift buttons n you will know what i mean. lift buttons in PI strangely located

You are right that "Hamilton" & "Ritz-Carlton" are formerly classified under Newton planning area by URA.
However, sorry to tell you that your so highly regarded Res@Evelyn which you claimed is in "Newton area" is classified under Novena planning area by URA. So, your Residences@Evelyn is really no difference from the other Novena condos. Let's compare the price of Res@Evelyn with PI in Novena area condos for the last 1 year.........

Here you are:

Floor Area (Sqft) http://www.ura.gov.sg/WebResources/images/common/sortIcon.jpg (http://javascript%3Cb%3E%3C/b%3E:setSortBy%28%27FLOOR_LAND_AREA_SQF%27%29;) Type of Area http://www.ura.gov.sg/WebResources/images/common/sortIcon.jpg (http://javascript%3Cb%3E%3C/b%3E:setSortBy%28%27LOT_TYPE%27%29;) Unit Price ($psf) http://www.ura.gov.sg/WebResources/images/common/sortIcon.jpg (http://javascript%3Cb%3E%3C/b%3E:setSortBy%28%27PRICE_PSF%27%29;) Date of Option Exercised / Sales Agreement Signed http://www.ura.gov.sg/WebResources/images/common/sortIcon.jpg (http://javascript%3Cb%3E%3C/b%3E:setSortBy%28%27CONTRACT_DATE%27%29;) RESIDENCES @ EVELYN (http://javascript%3Cb%3E%3C/b%3E:popUp%28%27submitSISV.do?project_name=RESIDENCES%20@%20EVELYN&street_name=EVELYN%20ROAD&property_type_code=24%27%29;)EVELYN ROAD Condominium 1 1,480,000 1,033 Strata 1,432 Jun-09 RESIDENCES @ EVELYN (http://javascript%3Cb%3E%3C/b%3E:popUp%28%27submitSISV.do?project_name=RESIDENCES%20@%20EVELYN&street_name=EVELYN%20ROAD&property_type_code=24%27%29;)EVELYN ROAD Condominium 1 1,430,000 1,109 Strata 1,290 May-09 RESIDENCES @ EVELYN (http://javascript%3Cb%3E%3C/b%3E:popUp%28%27submitSISV.do?project_name=RESIDENCES%20@%20EVELYN&street_name=EVELYN%20ROAD&property_type_code=24%27%29;)EVELYN ROAD Condominium 1 1,430,000 1,109 Strata 1,290 May-09 RESIDENCES @ EVELYN (http://javascript%3Cb%3E%3C/b%3E:popUp%28%27submitSISV.do?project_name=RESIDENCES%20@%20EVELYN&street_name=EVELYN%20ROAD&property_type_code=24%27%29;)EVELYN ROAD Condominium 1 1,472,752 1,109 Strata 1,328 May-09 RESIDENCES @ EVELYN (http://javascript%3Cb%3E%3C/b%3E:popUp%28%27submitSISV.do?project_name=RESIDENCES%20@%20EVELYN&street_name=EVELYN%20ROAD&property_type_code=24%27%29;)EVELYN ROAD Condominium 1 1,250,000 1,033 Strata 1,210 May-09 RESIDENCES @ EVELYN (http://javascript%3Cb%3E%3C/b%3E:popUp%28%27submitSISV.do?project_name=RESIDENCES%20@%20EVELYN&street_name=EVELYN%20ROAD&property_type_code=24%27%29;)EVELYN ROAD Condominium 1 1,923,750 1,539 Strata 1,250 Apr-09 RESIDENCES @ EVELYN (http://javascript%3Cb%3E%3C/b%3E:popUp%28%27submitSISV.do?project_name=RESIDENCES%20@%20EVELYN&street_name=EVELYN%20ROAD&property_type_code=24%27%29;)EVELYN ROAD Condominium 1 1,770,000 1,539 Strata 1,150 Mar-09 RESIDENCES @ EVELYN (http://javascript%3Cb%3E%3C/b%3E:popUp%28%27submitSISV.do?project_name=RESIDENCES%20@%20EVELYN&street_name=EVELYN%20ROAD&property_type_code=24%27%29;)EVELYN ROAD Condominium 1 1,239,000 1,109 Strata 1,118 Mar-09 RESIDENCES @ EVELYN (http://javascript%3Cb%3E%3C/b%3E:popUp%28%27submitSISV.do?project_name=RESIDENCES%20@%20EVELYN&street_name=EVELYN%20ROAD&property_type_code=24%27%29;)EVELYN ROAD Condominium 1 3,431,250 2,250 Strata 1,525 Sep-08
Floor Area (Sqft) http://www.ura.gov.sg/WebResources/images/common/sortIcon.jpg (http://javascript%3Cb%3E%3C/b%3E:setSortBy%28%27FLOOR_LAND_AREA_SQF%27%29;) Type of Area http://www.ura.gov.sg/WebResources/images/common/sortIcon.jpg (http://javascript%3Cb%3E%3C/b%3E:setSortBy%28%27LOT_TYPE%27%29;) Unit Price ($psf) http://www.ura.gov.sg/WebResources/images/common/sortIcon.jpg (http://javascript%3Cb%3E%3C/b%3E:setSortBy%28%27PRICE_PSF%27%29;) Date of Option Exercised / Sales Agreement Signed http://www.ura.gov.sg/WebResources/images/common/sortIcon.jpg (http://javascript%3Cb%3E%3C/b%3E:setSortBy%28%27CONTRACT_DATE%27%29;) PARK INFINIA AT WEE NAM (http://javascript%3Cb%3E%3C/b%3E:popUp%28%27submitSISV.do?project_name=PARK%20INFINIA%20AT%20WEE%20NAM&street_name=LINCOLN%20ROAD&property_type_code=24%27%29;)LINCOLN ROAD Condominium 1 1,430,000 1,001 Strata 1,428 Jul-09 PARK INFINIA AT WEE NAM (http://javascript%3Cb%3E%3C/b%3E:popUp%28%27submitSISV.do?project_name=PARK%20INFINIA%20AT%20WEE%20NAM&street_name=LINCOLN%20ROAD&property_type_code=24%27%29;)LINCOLN ROAD Condominium 1 1,525,500 1,130 Strata 1,350 Jun-09 PARK INFINIA AT WEE NAM (http://javascript%3Cb%3E%3C/b%3E:popUp%28%27submitSISV.do?project_name=PARK%20INFINIA%20AT%20WEE%20NAM&street_name=LINCOLN%20ROAD&property_type_code=24%27%29;)LINCOLN ROAD Condominium 1 2,349,100 1,690 Strata 1,390 Jun-09 PARK INFINIA AT WEE NAM (http://javascript%3Cb%3E%3C/b%3E:popUp%28%27submitSISV.do?project_name=PARK%20INFINIA%20AT%20WEE%20NAM&street_name=LINCOLN%20ROAD&property_type_code=24%27%29;)LINCOLN ROAD Condominium 1 1,274,235 969 Strata 1,315 Jun-09 PARK INFINIA AT WEE NAM (http://javascript%3Cb%3E%3C/b%3E:popUp%28%27submitSISV.do?project_name=PARK%20INFINIA%20AT%20WEE%20NAM&street_name=LINCOLN%20ROAD&property_type_code=24%27%29;)LINCOLN ROAD Condominium 1 1,559,400 1,130 Strata 1,380 Jun-09 PARK INFINIA AT WEE NAM (http://javascript%3Cb%3E%3C/b%3E:popUp%28%27submitSISV.do?project_name=PARK%20INFINIA%20AT%20WEE%20NAM&street_name=LINCOLN%20ROAD&property_type_code=24%27%29;)LINCOLN ROAD Condominium 1 1,708,800 1,335 Strata 1,280 Jun-09 PARK INFINIA AT WEE NAM (http://javascript%3Cb%3E%3C/b%3E:popUp%28%27submitSISV.do?project_name=PARK%20INFINIA%20AT%20WEE%20NAM&street_name=LINCOLN%20ROAD&property_type_code=24%27%29;)LINCOLN ROAD Condominium 1 1,527,000 980 Strata 1,559 Jun-09 PARK INFINIA AT WEE NAM (http://javascript%3Cb%3E%3C/b%3E:popUp%28%27submitSISV.do?project_name=PARK%20INFINIA%20AT%20WEE%20NAM&street_name=LINCOLN%20ROAD&property_type_code=24%27%29;)LINCOLN ROAD Condominium 1 1,240,000 969 Strata 1,280 Jun-09 PARK INFINIA AT WEE NAM (http://javascript%3Cb%3E%3C/b%3E:popUp%28%27submitSISV.do?project_name=PARK%20INFINIA%20AT%20WEE%20NAM&street_name=LINCOLN%20ROAD&property_type_code=24%27%29;)LINCOLN ROAD Condominium 1 2,418,600 1,668 Strata 1,450 Jun-09 PARK INFINIA AT WEE NAM (http://javascript%3Cb%3E%3C/b%3E:popUp%28%27submitSISV.do?project_name=PARK%20INFINIA%20AT%20WEE%20NAM&street_name=LINCOLN%20ROAD&property_type_code=24%27%29;)LINCOLN ROAD Condominium 1 1,830,000 1,464 Strata 1,250 Jun-09 PARK INFINIA AT WEE NAM (http://javascript%3Cb%3E%3C/b%3E:popUp%28%27submitSISV.do?project_name=PARK%20INFINIA%20AT%20WEE%20NAM&street_name=LINCOLN%20ROAD&property_type_code=24%27%29;)LINCOLN ROAD Condominium 1 1,447,000 980 Strata 1,477 Jun-09 PARK INFINIA AT WEE NAM (http://javascript%3Cb%3E%3C/b%3E:popUp%28%27submitSISV.do?project_name=PARK%20INFINIA%20AT%20WEE%20NAM&street_name=LINCOLN%20ROAD&property_type_code=24%27%29;)LINCOLN ROAD Condominium 1 2,642,640 2,002 Strata 1,320 Jun-09 PARK INFINIA AT WEE NAM (http://javascript%3Cb%3E%3C/b%3E:popUp%28%27submitSISV.do?project_name=PARK%20INFINIA%20AT%20WEE%20NAM&street_name=LINCOLN%20ROAD&property_type_code=24%27%29;)LINCOLN ROAD Condominium 1 1,230,000 893 Strata 1,377 Jun-09 PARK INFINIA AT WEE NAM (http://javascript%3Cb%3E%3C/b%3E:popUp%28%27submitSISV.do?project_name=PARK%20INFINIA%20AT%20WEE%20NAM&street_name=LINCOLN%20ROAD&property_type_code=24%27%29;)LINCOLN ROAD Condominium 1 1,351,350 1,001 Strata 1,350 Jun-09 PARK INFINIA AT WEE NAM (http://javascript%3Cb%3E%3C/b%3E:popUp%28%27submitSISV.do?project_name=PARK%20INFINIA%20AT%20WEE%20NAM&street_name=LINCOLN%20ROAD&property_type_code=24%27%29;)LINCOLN ROAD Condominium 1 1,786,000 1,464 Strata 1,220 Jun-09 PARK INFINIA AT WEE NAM (http://javascript%3Cb%3E%3C/b%3E:popUp%28%27submitSISV.do?project_name=PARK%20INFINIA%20AT%20WEE%20NAM&street_name=LINCOLN%20ROAD&property_type_code=24%27%29;)LINCOLN ROAD Condominium 1 1,389,900 1,130 Strata 1,230 Jun-09 PARK INFINIA AT WEE NAM (http://javascript%3Cb%3E%3C/b%3E:popUp%28%27submitSISV.do?project_name=PARK%20INFINIA%20AT%20WEE%20NAM&street_name=LINCOLN%20ROAD&property_type_code=24%27%29;)LINCOLN ROAD Condominium 1 2,049,600 1,464 Strata 1,400 Jun-09 PARK INFINIA AT WEE NAM (http://javascript%3Cb%3E%3C/b%3E:popUp%28%27submitSISV.do?project_name=PARK%20INFINIA%20AT%20WEE%20NAM&street_name=LINCOLN%20ROAD&property_type_code=24%27%29;)LINCOLN ROAD Condominium 1 1,425,000 1,001 Strata 1,424 Jun-09 PARK INFINIA AT WEE NAM (http://javascript%3Cb%3E%3C/b%3E:popUp%28%27submitSISV.do?project_name=PARK%20INFINIA%20AT%20WEE%20NAM&street_name=LINCOLN%20ROAD&property_type_code=24%27%29;)LINCOLN ROAD Condominium 1 1,485,000 1,130 Strata 1,314 May-09 PARK INFINIA AT WEE NAM (http://javascript%3Cb%3E%3C/b%3E:popUp%28%27submitSISV.do?project_name=PARK%20INFINIA%20AT%20WEE%20NAM&street_name=LINCOLN%20ROAD&property_type_code=24%27%29;)LINCOLN ROAD Condominium 1 1,387,000 1,001 Strata 1,386 May-09 PARK INFINIA AT WEE NAM (http://javascript%3Cb%3E%3C/b%3E:popUp%28%27submitSISV.do?project_name=PARK%20INFINIA%20AT%20WEE%20NAM&street_name=LINCOLN%20ROAD&property_type_code=24%27%29;)LINCOLN ROAD Condominium 1 1,473,000 1,130 Strata 1,303 May-09 PARK INFINIA AT WEE NAM (http://javascript%3Cb%3E%3C/b%3E:popUp%28%27submitSISV.do?project_name=PARK%20INFINIA%20AT%20WEE%20NAM&street_name=LINCOLN%20ROAD&property_type_code=24%27%29;)LINCOLN ROAD Condominium 1 1,343,000 1,001 Strata 1,342 May-09 PARK INFINIA AT WEE NAM (http://javascript%3Cb%3E%3C/b%3E:popUp%28%27submitSISV.do?project_name=PARK%20INFINIA%20AT%20WEE%20NAM&street_name=LINCOLN%20ROAD&property_type_code=24%27%29;)LINCOLN ROAD Condominium 1 1,645,000 1,442 Strata 1,140 May-09 PARK INFINIA AT WEE NAM (http://javascript%3Cb%3E%3C/b%3E:popUp%28%27submitSISV.do?project_name=PARK%20INFINIA%20AT%20WEE%20NAM&street_name=LINCOLN%20ROAD&property_type_code=24%27%29;)LINCOLN ROAD Condominium 1 2,305,000 1,690 Strata 1,364 May-09 PARK INFINIA AT WEE NAM (http://javascript%3Cb%3E%3C/b%3E:popUp%28%27submitSISV.do?project_name=PARK%20INFINIA%20AT%20WEE%20NAM&street_name=LINCOLN%20ROAD&property_type_code=24%27%29;)LINCOLN ROAD Condominium 1 1,231,230 1,001 Strata 1,230 May-09 PARK INFINIA AT WEE NAM (http://javascript%3Cb%3E%3C/b%3E:popUp%28%27submitSISV.do?project_name=PARK%20INFINIA%20AT%20WEE%20NAM&street_name=LINCOLN%20ROAD&property_type_code=24%27%29;)LINCOLN ROAD Condominium 1 1,435,100 1,130 Strata 1,270 May-09 PARK INFINIA AT WEE NAM (http://javascript%3Cb%3E%3C/b%3E:popUp%28%27submitSISV.do?project_name=PARK%20INFINIA%20AT%20WEE%20NAM&street_name=LINCOLN%20ROAD&property_type_code=24%27%29;)LINCOLN ROAD Condominium 1 1,310,000 1,001 Strata 1,309 Apr-09 PARK INFINIA AT WEE NAM (http://javascript%3Cb%3E%3C/b%3E:popUp%28%27submitSISV.do?project_name=PARK%20INFINIA%20AT%20WEE%20NAM&street_name=LINCOLN%20ROAD&property_type_code=24%27%29;)LINCOLN ROAD Condominium 1 1,183,000 969 Strata 1,221 Apr-09 PARK INFINIA AT WEE NAM (http://javascript%3Cb%3E%3C/b%3E:popUp%28%27submitSISV.do?project_name=PARK%20INFINIA%20AT%20WEE%20NAM&street_name=LINCOLN%20ROAD&property_type_code=24%27%29;)LINCOLN ROAD Condominium 1 1,151,150 1,001 Strata 1,150 Apr-09 PARK INFINIA AT WEE NAM (http://javascript%3Cb%3E%3C/b%3E:popUp%28%27submitSISV.do?project_name=PARK%20INFINIA%20AT%20WEE%20NAM&street_name=LINCOLN%20ROAD&property_type_code=24%27%29;)LINCOLN ROAD Condominium 1 1,179,000 969 Strata 1,217 Apr-09 PARK INFINIA AT WEE NAM (http://javascript%3Cb%3E%3C/b%3E:popUp%28%27submitSISV.do?project_name=PARK%20INFINIA%20AT%20WEE%20NAM&street_name=LINCOLN%20ROAD&property_type_code=24%27%29;)LINCOLN ROAD Condominium 1 1,124,000 850 Strata 1,322 Apr-09 PARK INFINIA AT WEE NAM (http://javascript%3Cb%3E%3C/b%3E:popUp%28%27submitSISV.do?project_name=PARK%20INFINIA%20AT%20WEE%20NAM&street_name=LINCOLN%20ROAD&property_type_code=24%27%29;)LINCOLN ROAD Condominium 1 2,402,400 2,002 Strata 1,200 Apr-09
The conclusion is that the so called Novena condo is still fetching a better price than Res@ evenlyn........

teddybear
22-07-09, 00:14
Oh yes, I remember your idiotic comments about Rivergate below $900 psf before Aug or Dec this year otherwise you will chop your dick. So, when are you planning your little brother-chopping ceremony?

teddybear
22-07-09, 00:19
The price of a property is not just about furnishing. Internal furnishing you can just do a total renovation. I believe people are now willing to pay more for PI is because of conveniency (nearer to United Square and Novena Square, and easier to get and out via multi-entry and exits/more lanes) and also better facilities and views etc. Let's wait for a few more years and see which projects people will vote with their money.

project with many agents will push prices up...same with what you said on duchess. plus flippers. informed buyers vs blank buyers....look at PI materials or finishing esp the kitchen cabinets, tiles. i've viewed both projects finishings n still find res@evelyn has better quality finishes..just compare the lift buttons n you will know what i mean. lift buttons in PI strangely located

dmonddd
22-07-09, 00:24
The price of a property is not just about furnishing. Internal furnishing you can just do a total renovation. I believe people are now willing to pay more for PI is because of conveniency (nearer to United Square and Novena Square, and easier to get and out via multi-entry and exits/more lanes) and also better facilities and views etc. Let's wait for a few more years and see which projects people will vote with their money.

few more years PI will be worn out. when i viewed res@evelyn still well maintained even 2 years old project..... c for yourself

dormer
22-07-09, 09:33
After reading so many comments about Res & PI, so which is better??

It is difficult to find such a big piece of land in Newton area. I personally prefer PI for my kids to run around the huge space and closer to United & Novena for me to do shopping.

august
22-07-09, 14:20

It is difficult to find such a big piece of land in Newton area. I personally prefer PI for my kids to run around the huge space and closer to United & Novena for me to do shopping.

then PI it is for u ~ :D

diff stroke for diff folks, one man's meat another's poison blah blah blah ...

teddybear
22-07-09, 14:37
You choice lor!

PI better than Res@Evelyn in terms of:
(1) Conveniency - Much nearer to United Square & Novena Square & Novena Square 2
(2) Facilities & bigger plot of land
(3) Many units have better views
(4) Many entry & exits roads (easier to access PIE & CTE)
(5) Generally quieter because far from the dusty and noisy Bukit Timah flyover above Newton Circus

PI poorer than Res@Evelyn
(6) Finishings

So, you just give scores based on your preference as above.

august
22-07-09, 14:42
You choice lor!

(1) Conveniency - Much nearer to United Square & Novena Square & Novena Square 2
(5) Generally quieter because far from the dusty and noisy Bukit Timah flyover above Newton Circus

(6) Finishings

this is just YOUR preferences and YOUR assessments ..

r u agent? how come try so hard to hard sell PI? :D

teddybear
22-07-09, 14:45
I am just listing the facts based on pros and cons. Welcome you to contribute the cons although I see more pros than cons. Don't need to hard sell because the facts sell for themselves. :p

this is just YOUR preferences and YOUR assessments ..

r u agent? how come try so hard to hard sell PI? :D

dmonddd
22-07-09, 14:59
any one know of other projects with large area and near to NTUC/shopping complex?

dmonddd
22-07-09, 15:06
You choice lor!

(6) Finishings

next to big drain....
value for $$$ - nope as Keppel did 2 launches at diff psf.
(1) many projects near to shopping complexes in east coast.
(2) facilities bigger and land big -- proportion out the nos per families versus units....same as the other projects. one thing i agree that it's BIG in space.
(3) many units have better views- sure with the no of units twice of Res@evelyn
(4) entry and exits - wait till other projects are up. narrow roads and windy and try driving around during weekends...united square U-turn..keng lee...other projects upcoming....
(5) quiet and less dusty- are you sure with surrounding projects...

dmonddd
22-07-09, 15:12
if you read earlier posts, PI launching prices psf at 800 and later 1200 for diff stacks.

2ppl x 400 units = 800 ppl, 2 ppl x 400 units = 1200, do the maths
developer holding on to choice units after TOP and pushing up prices as and when they see the opportunity. instability in prices and not bothered about earlier loyal purchasers.

first buyer easily can pocket 400psf or more

agents pushing up prices.
sub-sale be careful as developers wont indemnify you. better buy remaining units from Keppel

J-Dog
22-07-09, 15:45
Well, what's the problem ? Go and buy PI if you have minerals for that .. "Every frog boasts the swamp it's living in" goes the saying ...

richie$$$
22-07-09, 22:58
better project - residences@evelyn . and alot of projects now emulate the name residences.....

dmonddd
22-07-09, 23:09
we will wait for teddy bear to search internet for bullets to defend his PI
:confused: :scared-3:

dmonddd
22-07-09, 23:11
did i say defend.....:doh:
ladyhill@orchard doesnt need to defend

dmonddd
23-07-09, 22:38
any 2 bedder for sale

dmonddd
23-07-09, 22:41
and just read that res@evelyn has some green award. hope that will cut the maintenance fees.....

viewed one unit n agent mentioned that maintenance fee for 2 bedder 1033 sq ft is around $200.

richie$$$
24-07-09, 09:11
any 2 bedder for sale

most owners not flippers unlike PI, hv holding power.
U hv to wait awhile. agree with dmon, stability in prices. if u offer $1600psf, no one is selling.

:beats-me-man:

dmonddd
24-07-09, 10:01
most owners not flippers unlike PI, hv holding power.
U hv to wait awhile. agree with dmon, stability in prices. if u offer $1600psf, no one is selling.

:beats-me-man:

see latest 2 newton one psf transacted > 1475-1525psf
one unit with good view asking 1900 psf

others around $1600psf

and others kept commenting that its next to highway. but didnt realize exclusivity of project ....arrgh beyond reach

richie$$$
25-07-09, 01:20
see latest 2 newton one psf transacted > 1475-1525psf
one unit with good view asking 1900 psf

others around $1600psf

and others kept commenting that its next to highway. but didnt realize exclusivity of project ....arrgh beyond reach

if u throw 1700psf may not get to buy also
no 1 wants 2 sell

teddybear
25-07-09, 14:55
Got lah, people asking $1550 psf for lower floor units (not so desirable ones).

if u throw 1700psf may not get to buy also
no 1 wants 2 sell

dmonddd
26-07-09, 09:16
$1550psf....low floor. will go n check ard. still hv upside given location.

teddybear
26-07-09, 12:12
Cannot tahan (take it) the noise from the roads beside this estate. I were on the 20th floor sky garden and on the 7th floor and the noise are astonishing even during the day (even with the windows closed I can still hear). I can't imagine what it will be like at night when all around is quiet except the vehicle noise from the roads. :scared-3:

$1550psf....low floor. will go n check ard. still hv upside given location.

J-Dog
26-07-09, 12:39
What noise dumb ? this project not on the side of any busy Rd . it is well tucked inside Evelyn Rd and it is piecefull and quite .. You go and open your eyes first before making silly comments ..

teddybear
26-07-09, 13:29
Sorry, posted in wrong thread - below refers to Newton One... (Res@Evelyn has no sky garden, although it is so nice to have one):scared-2:

Cannot tahan (take it) the noise from the roads beside this estate. I were on the 20th floor sky garden and on the 7th floor and the noise are astonishing even during the day (even with the windows closed I can still hear). I can't imagine what it will be like at night when all around is quiet except the vehicle noise from the roads. :scared-3:

teddybear
26-07-09, 13:31
Astonishing amount of noise, even worst than traffic noise lah! Trilight right in front is piling like crazy and it is so noisy and dusty! :tongue3:
When Trilight comes up, many of the units facing Trilight will be blocked and we are not sure whether there will be arrows shooting at these Res@Evelyn units (very bad feng shui). :scared-3:
I would regard those facing Trilight as better facing units. Those facing Evelyn Road will be facing West sun directly and will be hot like hell in the afternoon till midnight! :doh:

What noise dumb ? this project not on the side of any busy Rd . it is well tucked inside Evelyn Rd and it is piecefull and quite .. You go and open your eyes first before making silly comments ..

dmonddd
26-07-09, 19:16
Astonishing amount of noise, even worst than traffic noise lah! Trilight right in front is piling like crazy and it is so noisy and dusty! :tongue3:
When Trilight comes up, many of the units facing Trilight will be blocked and we are not sure whether there will be arrows shooting at these Res@Evelyn units (very bad feng shui). :scared-3:
I would regard those facing Trilight as better facing units. Those facing Evelyn Road will be facing West sun directly and will be hot like hell in the afternoon till midnight! :doh:

so same for newton one units which potentially facing trilight.
PI proejct also die lor..
master teddy bear, die lor...cannot buy projects in D9,10,11 esp. orchard. one facing another and quite close to each other..
in hong kong- master teddy has to stay in kowloon.

east coast also cannot stay...same for tanjung rhu

dmonddd
26-07-09, 19:18
PI worst still...either blocked by stacks within own project or projects surrounding PI..

richie$$$
28-07-09, 22:03
owners hardly want 2 sell
1 mth 1 or 2 units 4 sale
blue chip.

richie$$$
29-07-09, 20:54
dmon saw 1 unit 4 sale....1033sqft
1600psf++

dmonddd
08-09-09, 18:16
surprisingly i hear from agent that trilight site has cleared all tractors

andy
09-09-09, 20:52
owners hardly want 2 sell
1 mth 1 or 2 units 4 sale
blue chip.

Not sure if blue chip status will last once the 2 towers of Trilight are erected. One of the R@E tower will be blocked all sides (Newton Euro, Trilight, OneNewton, Dunearn, Setia Residences). Now is the best time to sell if you want my opinion.

richie$$$
10-09-09, 00:22
Not sure if blue chip status will last once the 2 towers of Trilight are erected. One of the R@E tower will be blocked all sides (Newton Euro, Trilight, OneNewton, Dunearn, Setia Residences). Now is the best time to sell if you want my opinion.

doesnt matter as most projects are close to one another..
most important is the location. HK is even worst but prices are much way above that of SG

richie$$$
10-09-09, 00:24
sadly i can not afford any in newton

dmonddd
10-09-09, 16:37
other surrounding projects are not having great views as well.
And afternoon sun is another factor to consider. I have seen two units before and noted that the place is well maintained for a 2-yr old condo.

And most occupants are expats. making it a good investment. coupled with its 1-km close to two ACS schools would make it attractive for locals.

teddybear
10-09-09, 23:08
Have you seen the great view from surrounding projects? e.g. Park Infinia stack 9 above 25th level and no West sun in front. Unfortunately none from R@E with no West sun. :p

other surrounding projects are not having great views as well.
And afternoon sun is another factor to consider. I have seen two units before and noted that the place is well maintained for a 2-yr old condo.

And most occupants are expats. making it a good investment. coupled with its 1-km close to two ACS schools would make it attractive for locals.

meeth18
10-09-09, 23:20
Have you seen the great view from surrounding projects? e.g. Park Infinia stack 9 above 25th level and no West sun in front. Unfortunately none from R@E with no West sun. :p

so what's the view like? curious cos it means the high floor units at adjacent VIVA devt (stack 5) should also hv the same view......... it's the same direction (east facing) as stack 9 for PI

dmonddd
11-09-09, 01:11

sadly PI is highly densed...i still prefer R@E to PI.
as you move further down from orchard to newton road then towards novena, the prices surprisingly dropped. In developed countries, this is logical and commercially sensible. it's not the other way round, i.e. inflating prices from changi to orchard....

andy
11-09-09, 13:00
as you move further down from orchard to newton road then towards novena, the prices surprisingly dropped. In developed countries, this is logical and commercially sensible. it's not the other way round, i.e. inflating prices from changi to orchard....
R@E
#22 $1432psf 1033sqft Jun09
#19 $1290psf 1109sqft May09
#17 $1290psf 1109sqft May09

Newton suites
#10 $1698 1238 sqft July09
#23 $1373 1238 sq ft May09

PI
#09 $1320 1335 sq ft Jun09
#24 $1424 1001 sq ft Jun09
#02 $1309 1001 sq ft Apr09

Not sure I totally agree (see data for similar floor area) since proximity to MRT and amenities are also considerations.

teddybear
11-09-09, 20:46
Are you sure? Let's look at the cold hard facts:
(we have to factor in floor level and facing and size of units - Both seem almost same to me, which means Residences @ Evelyn has no price premium to Park Infinia despite before so-called "more exclusive" with 200+ units vs PI 486 units. In fact, Newton Suites, being much closer to Novena MRT station, is transacted at higher prices than R@E which is closer to Newton MRT station).

Residences @ Evelyn:
#15-07
Freehold
$1451
$2233k
31 Jul 09
#13-01
Freehold
$1580
$2415k
29 Jul 09
#09-01
Freehold
$1413
$2160k
10 Jul 09
#22-08
Freehold
$1432
$1480k
11 Jun 09
#19-05
Freehold
$1290
$1430k
21 May 09
#17-05
Freehold
$1290
$1430k
13 May 09
#18-05
Freehold
$1328
$1472k
11 May 09
#27-08
Freehold
$1210
$1250k
05 May 09

Park Infinia:
#18-13
Freehold
$1399
$1190k
20 Aug 09
#16-12
Freehold
$1402
$2218k
19 Aug 09
#16-14
Freehold
$1500
$2002k
17 Aug 09
#11-09
Freehold
$1580
$1581k
17 Aug 09
#15-11
Freehold
$1498
$3000k
15 Aug 09
#21-08
Freehold
$1475
$2159k
11 Aug 09
#25-06
Freehold
$1317
$1900k
03 Aug 09
#15-16
Freehold
$1466
$1310k
28 Jul 09
#04-05
Freehold
$1290
$1888k
28 Jul 09
#09-01
Freehold
$1450
$2122k
20 Jul 09
#15-12
Freehold
$1420
$2246k
15 Jul 09
#14-09
Freehold
$1558
$1560k
10 Jul 09
#06-07
Freehold
$1450
$1451k
08 Jul 09

Newton Suites:
#10-02
Freehold
$1696
$2100k
17 Jul 09
#34-01
Freehold
$1631
$1299k
14 Jul 09

proud owner
11-09-09, 20:54
[quote=teddybear]Are you sure? Let's look at the cold hard facts:
(we have to factor in floor level and facing and size of units - Both seem almost same to me, which means Residences @ Evelyn has no price premium to Park Infinia despite before so-called "more exclusive" with 200+ units vs PI 486 units. In fact, Newton Suites, being much closer to Novena MRT station, is transacted at higher prices than R@E which is closer to Newton MRT station).

so what does that tell us ??

people are paying high prices without realising ? or people are only willing to pay higher for newer development ?

or people are being 'cheated' by developers ?

why are all the newer projects costing mroe ? has construction cost gone up ?

or are buyers stupid ?

Honesty
11-09-09, 21:01

people are paying high prices without realising ? or people are only willing to pay higher for newer development ?

or are buyers stupid ?

Fear Of Loss theory.....Kaisu....No medicine to cure....nothing you can help...

andy
11-09-09, 21:03

Hi TB, agree with you but think we should respect the owners privacy by avoiding to post actual unit numbers here:cheers1: I believe the main reason for the decreasing price difference in this case is that there are actually 3 Squares (USQ, Velocity, SQ2) closer to PI and NSuites in the last few years. There is also a covered walkway from USQ to Novena MRT whereas there isn't even a proper walkway between R@E or 1Newton to MRT.

But once again I would like to reserve final judgement until after Trilight is launched to see the actual $psf and takeup rate.

proud owner
11-09-09, 21:05
[quote=proud owner]

Fear Of Loss theory.....Kaisu....No medicine to cure....nothing you can help...

buyers should really do homework ...

so many compare PI and R@E ... go take a look at who's who living where ..

PI may have bigger land .. but with the number of units double that of R@E can imagine the crowd during 'peak' hr ...

andy
11-09-09, 21:23

or are buyers stupid ?

Buyers are smarter than we think. Actually there is a premium for unconstructed projects versus projects going to TOP since both are new. The reasons could be:
a) Unconstructed projects have smaller size units and hence quantum is sometimes less than TOP projects even if the $psf is higher
b) Better finishing and marketing for showflat projects and also banks loan all in one package. Showrooms are not cheap. Marketing 101.
c) Unconstructed projects are easy on the buyers cashflow. Only 20% upfront. Rental market is not great at the moment if have to pay 100% within 3 months and cannot find tenants immediately.
d) Common trend is that units sell very fast during 1 or 2 week of launch and then stops. What's remaining are large units and penthouses.

proud owner
11-09-09, 21:32
Buyers are smarter than we think. Actually there is a premium for unconstructed projects versus projects going to TOP since both are new. The reasons could be:
a) Unconstructed projects have smaller size units and hence quantum is sometimes less than TOP projects even if the $psf is higher
b) Better finishing and marketing for showflat projects and also banks loan all in one package. Showrooms are not cheap. Marketing 101.
c) Unconstructed projects are easy on the buyers cashflow. Only 20% upfront. Rental market is not great at the moment if have to pay 100% within 3 months and cannot find tenants immediately.
d) Common trend is that units sell very fast during 1 or 2 week of launch and then stops. What's remaining are large units and penthouses.

ahahhah looking oly at Quantum is hardly smart ...

at the end of the day ... its psf that really counts ...

i can pay for a decent location, old unit , FH ... and throw in 20k and do it really nice ..

buyers are simply lazy

Allthepies
11-09-09, 21:43
i can pay for a decent location, old unit , FH ... and throw in 20k and do it really nice ..

really ah? 20K can do it really nice? ;)

andy
11-09-09, 21:48
ahahhah looking oly at Quantum is hardly smart ...

at the end of the day ... its psf that really counts ...

buyers are simply lazy
Think you need to do your research to throw 20K (just enough to do a nice new kitchen) and expect to get decent returns for tenants for a 6 year old unit when there are many new units to choose from. Have tried that & have also done my research;)

For own stay I can move in any 10 year old FH and don't need to do up anything. Honestly resale market is not moving at all & many agents dont get a single call for their adverts even if price 30% down from new launch. I don't buy the suggestion that all buyers are dumb;)

proud owner
11-09-09, 21:53
Think you need to do your research to throw 20K (just enough to do a nice new kitchen) and expect to get decent returns for tenants for a 6 year old unit when there are many new units to choose from. Have tried that & have also done my research;)

For own stay I can move in any 10 year old FH and don't need to do up anything. Honestly resale market is not moving at all & many agents dont get a single call for their adverts even if price 30% down from new launch. I don't buy the suggestion that all buyers are dumb;)

search and you will find ...

for a hard top kitchen countertop + 2metre long island + all the cabinetries + a full glass panel on the island top to the ceiling ...

my kitchen is 600 sqft ... with a induction cooker + hood + 1 metre long sink + oven + microwave + fridge total 25k

dont ask me the brand .. you will be surprised ..they arent china brand ..the sink alone cost 900 ...

proud owner
11-09-09, 21:57

i helped a friend renov his 1550 sqft 3 bedroom at pacific mansion ..

polished the marble floor , polish and lacquered the parquet bedroom floors ..retile the toilets (3 toilets) + toilet flooring ... less than 25 k

and why i say 20k can do nice nice ?? cos now all the units are so tiny ..

and what i quoted are for 1550 sqft 3 bedroom and my own house 3600 sqft ...

seriously people ...search and you will find ... and I am not a contractor ..

andy
11-09-09, 22:10
search and you will find ...

for a hard top kitchen countertop + 2metre long island + all the cabinetries + a full glass panel on the island top to the ceiling ...

my kitchen is 600 sqft ... with a induction cooker + hood + 1 metre long sink + oven + microwave + fridge total 25k

dont ask me the brand .. you will be surprised ..they arent china brand ..the sink alone cost 900 ...

I opened up a kitchen, knockdown walls & hack floors. Put in new floor tiles and wall to ceiling tiles + new cooker+new sink+ new hob +new wall2celing glass cabinets+ new kitchen top + new stove + 2xnew invertor branded aircons + designer taps + new dryer+new washer all for less than 20K. I am not a contractor either.

My point is that a new kitchen does not get you the tenants who would go for new development and new units. Own stay is entirely different.

proud owner
11-09-09, 22:28
I opened up a kitchen, knockdown walls & hack floors. Put in new floor tiles and wall to ceiling tiles + new cooker+new sink+ new hob +new wall2celing glass cabinets+ new kitchen top + new stove + 2xnew invertor branded aircons + designer taps + new dryer+new washer all for less than 20K. I am not a contractor either.

My point is that a new kitchen does not get you the tenants who would go for new development and new units. Own stay is entirely different.

so its the mentality of sporeans ... new is good ...

so old project will never have any value?

so sad

some of us have to think differently ..

andy
11-09-09, 22:56
so old project will never have any value?

so sad

some of us have to think differently ..

Oh yes, the land value will appreciate and may double or triple in the next 2 decades. The space over the land just depreciates after TOP.
So much wastage and how can SG be "green" Look @ Anderson 18:doh:

I don't know why we design and build buildings using cheap labour or cheap material to only last 10 years and then take it down. They build them superfast after project sold. Look at the Arte and Sky11. Is it really nice to look at as you drive past?

This baywindow GFA is going to cost a lot of greenhouse gases!

Overseas where I've bought/sold real estates the building lasts decades and appreciates in value. People just renovate and they do it themselves brick by brick every weekend. Go for enbloc....you crazy:banghead:

proud owner
11-09-09, 23:10
Oh yes, the land value will appreciate and may double or triple in the next 2 decades. The space over the land just depreciates after TOP.
So much wastage and how can SG be "green" Look @ Anderson 18:doh:

I don't know why we design and build buildings using cheap labour or cheap material to only last 10 years and then take it down. They build them superfast after project sold. Look at the Arte and Sky11. Is it really nice to look at as you drive past?

This baywindow GFA is going to cost a lot of greenhouse gases!

Overseas where I've bought/sold real estates the building lasts decades and appreciates in value. People just renovate and they do it themselves brick by brick every weekend. Go for enbloc....you crazy:banghead:

yep

i used to live in a very cosy 1 bedroom in sweden ... its over 100 yr old

enbloc ??? they asked ? never heard of such word

teddybear
11-09-09, 23:16
We are comparing R@E, PI, and NS which are all projects more than 1 year old. Which one is the new one you are referring to?
We have not even talked about the new ones yet. Lincoln Suites at about $2k psf? :D

or are buyers stupid ?

andy
11-09-09, 23:31
yep

i used to live in a very cosy 1 bedroom in sweden ... its over 100 yr old

enbloc ??? they asked ? never heard of such word

Ah yes. Love Sweden, which part of Stockholm?

Saw the "tradesman" repairing a stone wall. Just one person with precision cutting tools and machinery. These are professionals not truckloads of unskilled workers.

Would have taken the whole day to replace 1meter square slab of stone wall.;)

dmonddd
12-09-09, 10:49

Residences @ Evelyn:
#15-07
Freehold
$1451
$2233k
31 Jul 09
#13-01
Freehold
$1580
$2415k
29 Jul 09
#09-01
Freehold
$1413
$2160k
10 Jul 09
#22-08
Freehold
$1432
$1480k
11 Jun 09
#19-05
Freehold
$1290
$1430k
21 May 09
#17-05
Freehold
$1290
$1430k
13 May 09
#18-05
Freehold
$1328
$1472k
11 May 09
#27-08
Freehold
$1210
$1250k
05 May 09

Park Infinia:
#18-13
Freehold
$1399
$1190k
20 Aug 09
#16-12
Freehold
$1402
$2218k
19 Aug 09
#16-14
Freehold
$1500
$2002k
17 Aug 09
#11-09
Freehold
$1580
$1581k
17 Aug 09
#15-11
Freehold
$1498
$3000k
15 Aug 09
#21-08
Freehold
$1475
$2159k
11 Aug 09
#25-06
Freehold
$1317
$1900k
03 Aug 09
#15-16
Freehold
$1466
$1310k
28 Jul 09
#04-05
Freehold
$1290
$1888k
28 Jul 09
#09-01
Freehold
$1450
$2122k
20 Jul 09
#15-12
Freehold
$1420
$2246k
15 Jul 09
#14-09
Freehold
$1558
$1560k
10 Jul 09
#06-07
Freehold
$1450
$1451k
08 Jul 09

Newton Suites:
#10-02
Freehold
$1696
$2100k
17 Jul 09
#34-01
Freehold
$1631
$1299k
14 Jul 09

wow....i see PI transactions from Jul-Aug more than R@E transactions May-Jul. PI seems like "flipper" project. such project wld c wide fluctuations on prices as buyers may not be able to analyse. PI prices will correct itself - let's see

andy
12-09-09, 12:05
wow....i see PI transactions from Jul-Aug more than R@E transactions May-Jul. PI seems like "flipper" project. such project wld c wide fluctuations on prices as buyers may not be able to analyse. PI prices will correct itself - let's see

Pls check the data below The facts don't lie. There is not a single flipper for this PI project since jan 2009.

Accept the facts man..that PI $psf has caught up to R@E $psf and not hope against the trend. I don't own either of the properties.:cheers6:

2A #23 -07 6 #31 -11 2A #14 -07 2A #08 -07 2A #24 -07 2A #22 -07 2A #28 -07 6A #26 -15 2A #27 -07 2A #02 -08 6A #19 -15 6 #26 -11 6A #31 -13 6A #23 -15 2A #10 -07 6A #24 -15 2A #02 -09 2A #18 -04 2A #18 -09 2A #14 -10 2A #14 -05 2A #04 -09 2A #14 -04 2A #17 -09 2A #17 -04 2A #24 -09 2A #23 -08 2A #03 -08 2A #06 -04 2A #07 -09 6A #04 -16 6 #07 -11 6A #11 -15 2A #26 -09 2A #06 -05 2A #26 -10 2A #27 -09 6A #16 -14 2A #24 -04 6A #09 -15 2A #15 -10 2A #08 -04 6A #18 -13 6 #16 -12 6A #16 -14 2A #11 -09 6 #15 -11 2A #21 -08 2A #25 -06 6A #15 -16 2A #04 -05 2 #09 -01 6 #15 -12 2A #14 -09 2A #06 -07 2A #21 -07

lancelot
12-09-09, 20:54
i helped a friend renov his 1550 sqft 3 bedroom at pacific mansion ..

No offense to your friend but you are aware of the reputation of pacific mansion? Getting the desired tenant mix is difficult. That's why it's priced at a discount to other similar, neighbouring condos. The best way to extract value from pacific mansion is through enbloc, which was what it tried to do at the peak of the market in 2007 but failed to achieve due to its ridiculous high asking price.

andy
12-09-09, 21:10
No offense to your friend but you are aware of the reputation of pacific mansion? Getting the desired tenant mix is difficult. That's why it's priced at a discount to other similar, neighbouring condos. The best way to extract value from pacific mansion is through enbloc, which was what it tried to do at the peak of the market in 2007 but failed to achieve due to its ridiculous high asking price.

absolutely agree with you. It's not only the inside that tenants look at but also the type of tenants, the neighbourhood, the facilities and even the quality of the security guards and mgmt who can police the do's and dont's:cheers1:

dmonddd
12-09-09, 21:22
Pls check the data below The facts don't lie. There is not a single flipper for this PI project since jan 2009.

Accept the facts man..that PI $psf has caught up to R@E $psf and not hope against the trend. I don't own either of the properties.:cheers6:

2A #23 -07 6 #31 -11 2A #14 -07 2A #08 -07 2A #24 -07 2A #22 -07 2A #28 -07 6A #26 -15 2A #27 -07 2A #02 -08 6A #19 -15 6 #26 -11 6A #31 -13 6A #23 -15 2A #10 -07 6A #24 -15 2A #02 -09 2A #18 -04 2A #18 -09 2A #14 -10 2A #14 -05 2A #04 -09 2A #14 -04 2A #17 -09 2A #17 -04 2A #24 -09 2A #23 -08 2A #03 -08 2A #06 -04 2A #07 -09 6A #04 -16 6 #07 -11 6A #11 -15 2A #26 -09 2A #06 -05 2A #26 -10 2A #27 -09 6A #16 -14 2A #24 -04 6A #09 -15 2A #15 -10 2A #08 -04 6A #18 -13 6 #16 -12 6A #16 -14 2A #11 -09 6 #15 -11 2A #21 -08 2A #25 -06 6A #15 -16 2A #04 -05 2 #09 -01 6 #15 -12 2A #14 -09 2A #06 -07 2A #21 -07

are you an agent? i've been looking for one at R@E.

the data facts may not accurately reflect the prices of PI. I see as overpriced given the higher no of units in PI, interior materials used. I viewed both projects. It's either PI is overly priced or R@E is underpriced.

andy
12-09-09, 22:44

the data facts may not accurately reflect the prices of PI. I see as overpriced given the higher no of units in PI, interior materials used. I viewed both projects. It's either PI is overly priced or R@E is underpriced.

Sorry nope.
Just search & call. So many same adverts but not moving. Saw one for $1,5xxpsf 1023sqft 9/09/2009

I have nothing to add if you do not believe the caveats:)

teddybear
12-09-09, 23:45
Or it is the other way round? R@E looking for same or higher price than PI but nobody want to pay same price for R@E as per PI whereas PI many people want to grab so many more transactions at same or higher price than R@E? :D

meeth18
13-09-09, 00:45

sorry to digress yah ........but what so great about the view from stack 9 PI high floor? can see kallang basin / marina bay??? :D

proud owner
13-09-09, 01:26
Or it is the other way round? R@E looking for same or higher price than PI but nobody want to pay same price for R@E as per PI whereas PI many people want to grab so many more transactions at same or higher price than R@E? :D

there are a couple of reasons ..

1.herd instinct again ..more people buy means good .. so the moment PI sales exceeds RE .. all think PI is better ..

2. RE owners has a class of their own ..if only i am allowed to review who owns a unit there(which i cant review ) ... they buy to stay and for long term investment .. hence very few units available for sale .. assuming 10/200 for sale in RE ..and 20/400 in PI ..more choices in PI = higher chance of a sale .. hence it will move up higher, faster ..

Ikea items as selling very very well ... are they really good ?

andy
13-09-09, 12:30
there are a couple of reasons ..

1.herd instinct again ..more people buy means good .. so the moment PI sales exceeds RE .. all think PI is better ..

2. RE owners has a class of their own ..if only i am allowed to review who owns a unit there(which i cant review ) ... they buy to stay and for long term investment .. hence very few units available for sale .. assuming 10/200 for sale in RE ..and 20/400 in PI ..more choices in PI = higher chance of a sale .. hence it will move up higher, faster ..

Ikea items as selling very very well ... are they really good ?

True to some extent but if I were a true blue investor for the mid term, I would look at potential yield, potential capital gain and market sentiments for that location. I would not really care whether the seller is really attached to the property or not. Does it matter if one property was for sale vs 10 properties? I think not. Do I care if the bathrooms were gold-plated in Balestier, I think not.

For own stay it's different. I've lived many years very close to R@E. I go to USQ every other day to shop or to do kids stuff. Its 15 mins walk but I usually drive 3 mins down the road cos of kids and when you buy stuff it's too heavy too carry. However I like the convenience of MRT and schools and so I didn't move. But my property didn't appreciate for 10 years. In fact it depreciated over time until 2006:banghead:

Are properties really good buys if very few people want to sell (for their own reasons) and those willing to part with it ask for premium?

dmonddd
14-09-09, 09:19
True to some extent but if I were a true blue investor for the mid term, I would look at potential yield, potential capital gain and market sentiments for that location. I would not really care whether the seller is really attached to the property or not. Does it matter if one property was for sale vs 10 properties? I think not. Do I care if the bathrooms were gold-plated in Balestier, I think not.

For own stay it's different. I've lived many years very close to R@E. I go to USQ every other day to shop or to do kids stuff. Its 15 mins walk but I usually drive 3 mins down the road cos of kids and when you buy stuff it's too heavy too carry. However I like the convenience of MRT and schools and so I didn't move. But my property didn't appreciate for 10 years. In fact it depreciated over time until 2006:banghead:

Are properties really good buys if very few people want to sell (for their own reasons) and those willing to part with it ask for premium?

i tend to agree with proud owner on his/her points. And proud owner hits the bull eye.

MRT and schools are more crucial....look at the traffic near USQ whether during weekdays or weekend.

You only want to be close but not near. If you stay near food court, it's extremely convenient but...expect air pollutions and if lucky there are no rats. Proud owner is right...owners at R@E rather leave them vacant than renting them out - enuf holding power. I heard from agent many units at R@E are vacant as if they are leaving them for the next generation. Agents have been pestering the owners to transact but finally gave up. Car park is less than 20% occupied. Maintenance I see is in tip top condition during my last view of a unit there.

dmonddd
14-09-09, 09:59

back to proud owner's comments - those properties who are heavily transacted do not translate into good property.

Dont forget buyers are either staying there or renting out. projects with high transactions volume would normally see high turnover of tenants as landlords or owners wld recoup its investments at esclating rent.

polarinda
14-09-09, 19:51
Is this all for real or just some mouth watering stories......
u actually believe all those BS stories? ha3

andy
14-09-09, 20:04
back to proud owner's comments - those properties who are heavily transacted do not translate into good property.

Dont forget buyers are either staying there or renting out. projects with high transactions volume would normally see high turnover of tenants as landlords or owners wld recoup its investments at esclating rent.

So according to your logic, the $psf transacted for properties like the sail@marina (166 transactions/year) and rivergate (153transactions/year), citysquare 160transactions/year are pure speculative/flipping prices.

Hence the above registered $psf for highly transacted projects are not real & will fall faster naturally compared to a property with few transactions (e.g., Soliel@Sinaran) or no transactions for the year like Solitaire. Can you cite real evidence to support this theory?

What then could be the reasons that NewtonSuites $psf @ Novena (6 transactions/year) have exceeded R@E @ Newton (13 transactions/year)?

dmonddd
14-09-09, 21:15
So according to your logic, the $psf transacted for properties like the sail@marina (166 transactions/year) and rivergate (153transactions/year), citysquare 160transactions/year are pure speculative/flipping prices.

Hence the above registered $psf for highly transacted projects are not real & will fall faster naturally compared to a property with few transactions (e.g., Soliel@Sinaran) or no transactions for the year like Solitaire. Can you cite real evidence to support this theory?

What then could be the reasons that NewtonSuites $psf @ Novena (6 transactions/year) have exceeded R@E @ Newton (13 transactions/year)?

wow, you must be heavy in property market to be able to pull the above. if not, you really put effort in the count. kudos

ura site- lowest to highest

city square $639- 1271
newton suite $1193-1696
residences@evelyn- $1118-1580
the sail $1146-2499

see the band width.

dmonddd
14-09-09, 21:22
i must say when i viewed this project i had problem with the potential upcoming projects blocking views

But after seeing a few sprouting around projects in novena and balestier...and advised by an agent...it doesnt matter

now getting projects with vacant plots around it or old projects, you run the risk of not knowing no of storey will the next building be built to.

so much better if you know no of storey the next building will be built to..further R@E is on a higher ground versus newton1 and others

andy
14-09-09, 22:01
the sail $1146-2499

see the band width.

Is it fair to take the lowest 4th floor $psf @ $1146 and compare with the $psf for the 63rd floor at $2499 at the sail?

If I do the same for R@E, the highest transaction for the 31st floor was $2036psf as well;)

dmonddd
14-09-09, 22:19
Is it fair to take the lowest 4th floor $psf @ $1146 and compare with the $psf for the 63rd floor at $2499 at the sail?

If I do the same for R@E, the highest transaction for the 31st floor was $2036psf as well;)

do simple maths...too many parameters to consider within the quadrants.
$1146 psf may also be due to blocked view, lower floor like you said, unit no 4/13/6, afternoon sun, etc etc

same time zone with data extracted from independent source, ura.

never ending on data analysis if you go into details.
overanalysis becomes paralysis

dmonddd
14-09-09, 22:21
wow, you must be heavy in property market to be able to pull the above. if not, you really put effort in the count. kudos

ura site- lowest to highest

city square $639- 1271
newton suite $1193-1696
residences@evelyn- $1118-1580
the sail $1146-2499

see the band width.

took me less than few minutes to derive above......

dmonddd
15-09-09, 10:15
each condo has its pros and cons.....but to see whether the class remains for the project is the biggest challenge for buyers/investors.

i hear of many negative comments on the sail but the demand is still there to cater for working adults.

A mix of both would be excellent but developer always set their target market during due diligence. It will either be an investor condo or family condo.....or disastrous hybrid of both?

andy
15-09-09, 10:38
took me less than few minutes to derive above......
Took me 30 seconds to give you the property count.

It's free....just need to know where to look;)

I'm very interested in your theory concerning projects that are transacted more frequently. I need more convincing though.

Does this theory apply to heavily transacted stocks as well, that more the stock is transacted the "lesser" the quality of the stock?

dmonddd
15-09-09, 10:47

I'm very interested in your theory concerning projects that are transacted more frequently. I need more convincing though.

Does this theory apply to heavily transacted stocks as well, that more the stock is transacted the "lesser" the quality of the stock?

wow...i'm very impressed with 30 secs work. I'm very much slower

anyway, i'm no property expert. What i stated is off the cuff and based on simple demand supply theory.

on stocks, look at blue chips prices. heavily transacted with high volatility in prices are those made by the players. you are seasoned enuf to see.

dmonddd
15-09-09, 10:58

earlier given my 2cents worth of comments.

prices bandwith, high versus low transactions, same period
if you opt for sail /rivergate/city, risk seeker appetite.
if you opt for RE or newton suites, risk adverse appetite

high transacted projects will also show the eagerness of owners to sell esp. for those newly TOP.

if i'm buying for own stay its a different ball game

dmonddd
21-09-09, 10:14
i dont see anywhere any unit going for $14XXpsf
andy, looks like you are referring to Park Infinia prices. Possible

i'm seeing R@E min asking price $1650psf
sigh

andy
21-09-09, 10:26
i dont see anywhere any unit going for $14XXpsf
andy, looks like you are referring to Park Infinia prices. Possible

i'm seeing R@E min asking price $1650psf
sigh

look @ the last few day's paper's man. You need to spend less time in this forum if you want to buy a good buy;-)

Residences @ Evelyn - Private Condo - Singapore Property
CONDO 2+ rms. Sale: $1.XXM listed on XX/09/2009. Facilities, Newton MRT, Balcony, Nice, 1+ yrs old. Built-in: 1109 sq.ft. $14XX.00 psf.