PDA

View Full Version : Calling all Livia owners

aukang
14-07-08, 17:54
Hi all,

I just bought an unit in Livia. Hope to meet all my new neighbours online in this forum and to discuss the progress of our new abode to be :)

olivewine
14-07-08, 18:20
now there are two of us!!!

property2007
14-07-08, 22:42
hey there!

I just bought a 4 bedder on Sunday evening. Interest in this project is awesome, seems to be greater than Clover or Dakota, in terms of percentage units sold.

Does anyone know the latest figures? 80% of preview units were sold by early last week. How about for the units released this weekend?

Unregistered111
14-07-08, 23:13
hey there!

I just bought a 4 bedder on Sunday evening. Interest in this project is awesome, seems to be greater than Clover or Dakota, in terms of percentage units sold.

Does anyone know the latest figures? 80% of preview units were sold by early last week. How about for the units released this weekend?
I guess all sold, if it better than Clover and Dakota. All are 99 leasehold and Livia is so far away from town how can it be greater?

Down Down
14-07-08, 23:57
Singapore c.bank sees more downside risks to markets
Mon Jul 14, 2008 6:37am EDT

SINGAPORE, July 14 (Reuters) - Singapore's central bank said it is closely monitoring financial markets in the wake of the crisis surrounding U.S. mortgage giants Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, and warned of big downside risks in global markets.

"Significant challenges and downside risks in the international financial markets remain and financial institutions and investors should stay vigilant," the Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS) said on Monday.

"The direct impact of the credit crisis on financial markets and financial institutions in Singapore has been relatively modest so far," the central bank said.

Singapore's Straits Times stock market index .FTSTI has fallen 16 percent this year. The country's three banks have suffered relatively modest writedowns on their debt investments as a result of the credit crunch.

The U.S. Treasury and Federal Reserve called on Sunday for sweeping measures to lend money and buy equity, if necessary, in Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, which own or guarantee $5 trillion in debt -- close to half the value of all U.S. mortgages.

The U.S. government plan to bolster the government-sponsored mortgage financiers helped calm markets on Monday, but did little to allay fears about the health of the U.S. financial system.

The MAS declined to comment on whether any of Singapore's foreign reserves are invested in debt from Fannie and Freddie.

Singapore had about $177 billion in its foreign reserves as of the end of June.

Foreign central banks, mostly in Asia, hold $979 billion of the $5 trillion bonds and mortgage-backed bonds sold by Freddie and Fannie.

Unregistered9
15-07-08, 00:16
hey there!

May I ask how much psf you bought it at please? Was it a high floor unit?

property2007
15-07-08, 03:55
Got a mid-floor unit around 670 psf, 1539 sqft.

Up up
15-07-08, 06:40
Singapore c.bank sees more downside risks to markets
Mon Jul 14, 2008 6:37am EDT

SINGAPORE, July 14 (Reuters) - Singapore's central bank said it is closely monitoring financial markets in the wake of the crisis surrounding U.S. mortgage giants Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, and warned of big downside risks in global markets.

"Significant challenges and downside risks in the international financial markets remain and financial institutions and investors should stay vigilant," the Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS) said on Monday.

"The direct impact of the credit crisis on financial markets and financial institutions in Singapore has been relatively modest so far," the central bank said.

Singapore's Straits Times stock market index .FTSTI has fallen 16 percent this year. The country's three banks have suffered relatively modest writedowns on their debt investments as a result of the credit crunch.

The U.S. Treasury and Federal Reserve called on Sunday for sweeping measures to lend money and buy equity, if necessary, in Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, which own or guarantee $5 trillion in debt -- close to half the value of all U.S. mortgages.

The U.S. government plan to bolster the government-sponsored mortgage financiers helped calm markets on Monday, but did little to allay fears about the health of the U.S. financial system.

The MAS declined to comment on whether any of Singapore's foreign reserves are invested in debt from Fannie and Freddie.

Singapore had about $177 billion in its foreign reserves as of the end of June.

Foreign central banks, mostly in Asia, hold $979 billion of the $5 trillion bonds and mortgage-backed bonds sold by Freddie and Fannie.

your stupid intention here is clear.

aukang
15-07-08, 08:37
:)

thanks for the quick replies my neighbours to be

for those others who have posted messages that are off-topic :tsk-tsk: please post your points and advise elsewhere where they may be more welcomed

I started this thread specifically for all new Livia owners :cool:

Unregistered000
15-07-08, 08:47
I guess all sold, if it better than Clover and Dakota. All are 99 leasehold and Livia is so far away from town how can it be greater?
agree that livia is too far away. the money saved is not worth the travel time and petrol

aukang
15-07-08, 09:30
There are many and varied considerations for buying an apt in Livia. Distance from town may or may not be one of them. If you realy want to discuss this, please start another thread or go to one of the other threads on Livia...i think there are at least 3 others : )

My request is leave this thread solely for Livia owners to interact :ashamed1:

Bad analysis
15-07-08, 11:39
I'm not a Livia owners but what you say is pure BS. The money saved is significant - assuming $650psf vs $1000 psf for Dakota, it is $350psf and for a 1200 sq ft house, you save $420k! That is your lifttime of petrol. Not forgetting you don't have to owe the bank so much, reach financial freedom faster, and use the $$ to invest in other more worthy assets or start a business etc. Also, do not assume it take more time to travel to town. Most of the time, the jam is within the city itself. I'm sure if one drives from Livia and another take MRT from Dakota to Raffles Place. I'm sure Livia reach faster door to door.

agree that livia is too far away. the money saved is not worth the travel time and petrol

Unregistered0414
15-07-08, 11:58
how abt starting a new group in Facebook..called "Upcoming Livia Owners"....so that we can avoid people from hijacking this thread..

Unregistered999
15-07-08, 12:26
I'm not a Livia owners but what you say is pure BS. The money saved is significant - assuming $650psf vs $1000 psf for Dakota, it is $350psf and for a 1200 sq ft house, you save $420k! That is your lifttime of petrol. Not forgetting you don't have to owe the bank so much, reach financial freedom faster, and use the $$ to invest in other more worthy assets or start a business etc. Also, do not assume it take more time to travel to town. Most of the time, the jam is within the city itself. I'm sure if one drives from Livia and another take MRT from Dakota to Raffles Place. I'm sure Livia reach faster door to door.
money cannot buy time lost

Unregistered123
15-07-08, 13:20
money cannot buy time lost - totally agree. the project is very good, but in a wrong location.

Unregistered1
15-07-08, 14:43
money cannot buy time lost - totally agree. the project is very good, but in a wrong location.
Good meh?!!! So long planter, not even balcony! all the huge bay windows... CDL makes a lot of $$$ on those unnecessary features.

na
15-07-08, 14:53

when we talk abt potential, then it's a lifetime of regret + petrol lorh...since livia's upside is limited compared to dakota...

But, people buy different parts of Singapore for their own reasons...so it's their choice.

But I really don't think an MRT train from Dakota to Raffles Place is slower than driving from Livia...not even on a ferarri. So, don't make unrealistic comparison.

New Thread
15-07-08, 15:01
how abt starting a new group in Facebook..called "Upcoming Livia Owners"....so that we can avoid people from hijacking this thread..

U better... u come to a public forum and you ask ppl to jack off..

I am not a Livia Owner. But i am a neutral observer. The only advantage of Livia is its price. Period. It is not that near MRT, is leasehold, the interior finishing isn't great. But it is near downtown east and chalets and so has a kind of resort feeling....

Interested Buyer
15-07-08, 17:13
Anybody can upload the pictures of the project? Pls .......

na
15-07-08, 17:20
Anybody can upload the pictures of the project? Pls .......

Go CDL website can see all.

Unregistered123
15-07-08, 17:41
U better... u come to a public forum and you ask ppl to jack off..

I am not a Livia Owner. But i am a neutral observer. The only advantage of Livia is its price. Period. It is not that near MRT, is leasehold, the interior finishing isn't great. But it is near downtown east and chalets and so has a kind of resort feeling....
Agree. it's not near at all. don't forget the actual site is far far away from the show flat, almost close to Elaise Green there. I wonder how fast can ppl walk under such big tropical sun?
It is even not near from the showflat to MRT, need to claim a big hill! Oh My! you say that's near to MRT?

Unregistered9
15-07-08, 21:05
Agree. it's not near at all. don't forget the actual site is far far away from the show flat, almost close to Elaise Green there. I wonder how fast can ppl walk under such big tropical sun?
It is even not near from the showflat to MRT, need to claim a big hill! Oh My! you say that's near to MRT?

A few typos...''Elias" Green not Elaise Green
climb and not claim (if I can claim the hill, I'd build a house on it :))

The distance to MRT, while not next to MRT stations like Dakota, KM, KR and TQ, is still within reasonable walking distance.

Just because you don't like or can't afford does not mean you should pour scorn on people

property2007
15-07-08, 22:26
I just noticed some Ris Grandeur listings asking around 710 psf. I understand Ris Grandeur is freehold, and is just across Sungei Api Api from Livia.

It TOPed in 2006, and will be 5 yrs old when Livia comes on-stream in 2011.

Has anyone been to Ris Grandeur, and know why the owners are asking so low psf?

rogerang
16-07-08, 00:22
everyone buy for a reason. pls dont throw wet blanket.

property2007
16-07-08, 00:33
everyone buy for a reason. pls dont throw wet blanket.

My intent is not to throw a wet blanket... I bought a unit in Livia too. I am hoping for more comments / discussions about these two developments - Livia vs Ris Grandeur, especially from owners or those that had been to Ris Grandeur and can make comparisons.

Neighbor
16-07-08, 00:57
I currently stay in Pasir Ris.. and I just bought a unit in Livia (yo neighbor!).
I'm also really happy with my purchase. Been to almost all the other launches, showflats, etc... in the East. In the end, me and my gf still preferred Livia.

Ris Grandeur is cheaper because its a lot further from the MRT.
Livia is walkable to MRT... Ris Grandeur is not. To get from Ris Grandeur to MRT... need to take shuttle bus. Frequency is... urggh... Its next to the expressway and next to the petrol station. Ok if you drive I guess.. but imagine listening to the cars zooming by the expressway when you are trying to spend a quiet moment at home.

BTW I dun stay in Ris Grandeur... I just know the Pasir Ris area well because I've stayed here for a while...

Yes I've walked the distance from Livia to the MRT... very walkable (8mins leisurely stroll). I walk further everyday to my current place. If you think you rather save the money to buy car... by all means.

Its ok if you think Pasir Ris is ulu and dun like it.... better for people that like it here because there's less people to form a crowd. Actually Pasir Ris is a REALLY far and disgusting place. I suggest you stay away.....

Do I care if the property market goes down? Not really... cos this is where I stay. Talk it down all you want.... because the choice units with great layout and awesome views are already taken (one of them by me!). Even if the price drops, there's no way you can get those units.

So you say I'm paying more to bank in terms of interest etc.... Not really because I can afford it and I'm intending to pre/partial pay the loan as I go along so that the loan period will be really short and I'm paying minimum interest.

aukang
16-07-08, 14:24
Yes I've walked the distance from Livia to the MRT... very walkable (8mins leisurely stroll). I walk further everyday to my current place. If you think you rather save the money to buy car... by all means.

Its ok if you think Pasir Ris is ulu and dun like it.... better for people that like it here because there's less people to form a crowd. Actually Pasir Ris is a REALLY far and disgusting place. I suggest you stay away.....

Do I care if the property market goes down? Not really... cos this is where I stay. Talk it down all you want.... because the choice units with great layout and awesome views are already taken (one of them by me!). Even if the price drops, there's no way you can get those units.

So you say I'm paying more to bank in terms of interest etc.... Not really because I can afford it and I'm intending to pre/partial pay the loan as I go along so that the loan period will be really short and I'm paying minimum interest.;)

Thank you for your sincere comments. I can't help but agree with what you have said. Many Livia owners are buying to stay and don't mind paying the current price to make sure we get an unit we like than stay on the sidelines and wait in hopeful anticipation that prices will drop.

I intend to take pictures of the Livia plot as the constructions progresses as it will definitely make a good house warming video or slide show.:p

olivewine
16-07-08, 20:47
;)

Thank you for your sincere comments. I can't help but agree with what you have said. Many Livia owners are buying to stay and don't mind paying the current price to make sure we get an unit we like than stay on the sidelines and wait in hopeful anticipation that prices will drop.

I intend to take pictures of the Livia plot as the constructions progresses as it will definitely make a good house warming video or slide show.:p

I'm buying to stay too! :D
Have you guys decided on the colour scheme and type of flooring?

Your intention to track the devt of Livia sounds like an excellent idea! :cool:

olivewine
16-07-08, 22:11
Just recieved the sales and purchase agreement from hong realty....

Seems that the remaining empty plot is divided into 4 sites for development...

Anyone any idea what and when would they be developed? Heard a rumour that one of the sites would be commercial development instead....

Unregistered222
16-07-08, 22:35
just read the URA masterplan 2008. There is no plan for commercial building in that plot of land. However, i realise the plot ratio is high at 2.1.

Happy Owner
16-07-08, 23:52
I currently stay in Pasir Ris.. and I just bought a unit in Livia (yo neighbor!).
I'm also really happy with my purchase. Been to almost all the other launches, showflats, etc... in the East. In the end, me and my gf still preferred Livia.

Livia is walkable to MRT... Ris Grandeur is not. To get from Ris Grandeur to MRT... need to take shuttle bus. Frequency is... urggh... Its next to the expressway and next to the petrol station. Ok if you drive I guess.. but imagine listening to the cars zooming by the expressway when you are trying to spend a quiet moment at home.

BTW I dun stay in Ris Grandeur... I just know the Pasir Ris area well because I've stayed here for a while...

So you say I'm paying more to bank in terms of interest etc.... Not really because I can afford it and I'm intending to pre/partial pay the loan as I go along so that the loan period will be really short and I'm paying minimum interest.

Yes... buying a house is a major committment. What matters is what you like... and not what some unscrupulous agents will post and say negative abt the development.

Pasir Ris is a nice place... a bit far from town... but I suppose this is the very reason we bought it... to be away from the hustle of life.

In any case... Pasir Ris/Tampines are good places to stay...

Happy Owner
16-07-08, 23:54
Yes... buying a house is a major committment. What matters is what you like... and not what some unscrupulous agents will post and say negative abt the development.

Pasir Ris is a nice place... a bit far from town... but I suppose this is the very reason we bought it... to be away from the hustle of life.

In any case... Pasir Ris/Tampines are good places to stay...

Having said that.... the upside in capital appreciation is limited for the time being though.

property2007
16-07-08, 23:57

Thanks for your comments - they strike me as heartfelt. While I don't currently stay at Pasir Ris, I really liked the spaciousness and layout of units at Livia, as well as the well-thought out and plentiful amenities that dot the grounds like flower gardens, playgrounds, jogging tracks etc. My wife likes the Sungei Api Api park connector too, as well as the short walk to Pasir Ris Park.

While Pasir Ris is at one end of Singapore, via TPE/CTE I could get to Orchard in 15/20 mins drive, or 35 mins via MRT. That's pretty good considering the price we paid, and the proximity to the beach.

I bought Livia for the life-style it promises - relaxing grounds and parks, easy going atmosphere and spaciousness, and potentially plenty of evening / early morning strolls to the beach....!

Hope to see you sometime, neighbour!

Micky
17-07-08, 00:40
I bought Livia for the life-style it promises - relaxing grounds and parks, easy going atmosphere and spaciousness, and potentially plenty of evening / early morning strolls to the beach....!

Not many people know this... unless you stay at Pasir Ris.

For 6 months a year, you can see a full sunset from Pasir Ris beach.
For the other 6 months, you can see a full sunrise.
I'm talking about egg yolk type of sun setting into or rising from the water.
All this within walking distance from your new place!

Life is short. Enjoy it while it lasts!

Just met my banker today. She said she's really surprised (pleasantly) by number of sales at Livia... after sitting around for so many months. Price has really gone down to contribute to this. But going forward, price will drop further... not that it matters to people who bought for personal stay.

AgentKhoo
17-07-08, 00:42
Whatever it is, Livia is still way better than Dakota Residences, which is facing a dirty and smelly big longkong. Somemore... there is no tennis court for this devt which boasts "condo status" and is located within the geylang vicinity. 99yr tenure and they still got the cheek to ask for S$1000psf. :doh:

Livia it is for me. Anytime!

Raider
17-07-08, 10:06
Whatever it is, Livia is still way better than Dakota Residences, which is facing a dirty and smelly big longkong. Somemore... there is no tennis court for this devt which boasts "condo status" and is located within the geylang vicinity. 99yr tenure and they still got the cheek to ask for S$1000psf. :doh:

Livia it is for me. Anytime!

While I do not personally like Livia (personal preference) i agree that Livia is still better compared to DK at $1,000psf....

3pm
17-07-08, 14:43
Thanks for your comments - they strike me as heartfelt. While I don't currently stay at Pasir Ris, I really liked the spaciousness and layout of units at Livia, as well as the well-thought out and plentiful amenities that dot the grounds like flower gardens, playgrounds, jogging tracks etc. My wife likes the Sungei Api Api park connector too, as well as the short walk to Pasir Ris Park.

While Pasir Ris is at one end of Singapore, via TPE/CTE I could get to Orchard in 15/20 mins drive, or 35 mins via MRT. That's pretty good considering the price we paid, and the proximity to the beach.

Great comments. For those who are unfamiliar with Pasir Ris and want to consider living there, I can give you a few pros and cons having lived there for the past 5 years. (I'm not a housing agent and I don't have any interest in Livia sales)

- I own a car but choose to take the MRT sometimes. Driving time depends on traffic conditions. This morning, I took 25 mins to reach Suntec (starting out at 8am). On most days, the jam on ECP is only at the Marine Parade to Fort Road stretch. At off-peak hours, I can reach Orchard Rd in 25 mins via PIE/CTE. However, PIE/CTE is usually a nightmare at peak hours and you should be forewarned if this is your usual route to work. Traffic within Pasir Ris is always good; you don't get bad jams even at peak hours.

- When I take the MRT (usually at off-peak hours), I can reach Lido within 35 mins of stepping into the Pasir Ris MRT station, including the time it takes to walk from the Orchard station.

- On the downside, if you like popping into the city to run errands or shop, you have to plan your trips. Making multiple trips in one day is time-consuming and expensive.

- If you like to eat out a lot, I have found that there's not much good food (whether hawker centre or restaurant) around Pasir Ris, compared to areas like city/Bukit Timah/West).

- Grocery-shopping is generally good as you have Giant Tampines, NTUC Fairprice at White Sands and eHub and they're usually not terribly crowded.

property2007
17-07-08, 20:23
Not many people know this... unless you stay at Pasir Ris.

For 6 months a year, you can see a full sunset from Pasir Ris beach.
For the other 6 months, you can see a full sunrise.
I'm talking about egg yolk type of sun setting into or rising from the water.
All this within walking distance from your new place!

Life is short. Enjoy it while it lasts!

Are the 2 periods from Jan till June and then July till Dec? Right now, is it the sunrise view or the sunset view? Must come by and watch with my family!

Livia12
18-07-08, 00:41
Just recieved the sales and purchase agreement from hong realty....

Seems that the remaining empty plot is divided into 4 sites for development...

Anyone any idea what and when would they be developed? Heard a rumour that one of the sites would be commercial development instead....

Empty land will be another 3 condos and 1 cluster houses, from insider source.

AgentK
18-07-08, 00:47
While I do not personally like Livia (personal preference) i agree that Livia is still better compared to DK at $1,000psf....

Livia sucks la.....

aukang
18-07-08, 13:18
I would like to start a list of Livia owners on this thread so far...perhaps nickname and which block u bought would do as info:

1. Aukang (Blk 69)

rogerang
18-07-08, 16:18
visit www.rogerang.com (http://www.rogerang.com) for some detail not in developer's site. tks.

Unregistered6
21-07-08, 11:45
wonder how sales have been since official launch...

Neighbor
22-07-08, 00:35
I would like to start a list of Livia owners on this thread so far...perhaps nickname and which block u bought would do as info:

1. Aukang (Blk 69)

Whoa... are you one of the lucky few that managed to get a stack 14 unit? I wanted to get one there.. but I heard it was sold out within one hour of the soft launch.....

property2007
22-07-08, 02:11
Spoke to my agent whom I bought Livia unit from (stack 34). He indicated that as of today (new units launched last weekend), 320 units of Livia had been launched, with 285 units taken up. That's an impressive 89%, more than Clover 70% (as advertised on Sat/Sun papers - but not sure of today's status).

It appears that prices have not been increased this weekend - this may indicate that CDL is cautious not to turn off buyers like Clover.

Congrats
22-07-08, 20:24
Hi, many congrats to the new owners in Livia. I'm not one cos I am still very much keen on freehold developments than leasehold. I have several frds who bgt 99 yrs leasehold devts....after a couple of years of stay, prices dive like nobody biz as demand for old devts are lesser than supply when existing owners try to get out via price wars. So, one cent one quality, accelerated depreciation occurs in leasehold rather freehold.

aukang
22-07-08, 20:29
well if we're buying to stay long term then really doesn't matter much. Based on the 285 units sold, it's already 39% sold.:-),

aukang
22-07-08, 20:32
oh and to answer neighbour's question... mine isn't stack 14. Decided that i won't be looking at the pool all the time :-)

Banker
23-07-08, 13:57
Hi, many congrats to the new owners in Livia. I'm not one cos I am still very much keen on freehold developments than leasehold. I have several frds who bgt 99 yrs leasehold devts....after a couple of years of stay, prices dive like nobody biz as demand for old devts are lesser than supply when existing owners try to get out via price wars. So, one cent one quality, accelerated depreciation occurs in leasehold rather freehold.

I agreed. It is also a matter of banker's decision to back your potential buyer's loan... some buyers want to buy but lack the loan from bank to match the prices the sellers asked.....

Unregistered8
23-07-08, 22:34
just saw Livia's marketing brochure from a friend. I must say it is very unappealing but what caught my eyes was the shape of the development.

If you look carefully, it's a chopper/butcher's knife! Complete with a handle. Doesn't look very good for future developments around Livia, esp those behind it, from a fengshui perspective.....good luck man....

Unregistered0
24-07-08, 00:08
How does the shape affect those staying in Livia in the future?

I personally thought the land looks like a kite with a tail...the tial being the extra piece of land where the park and the side gate leading to the park connector and Sungei Api Api will be...

Unregistered222
24-07-08, 09:25
How does the shape affect those staying in Livia in the future?

I personally thought the land looks like a kite with a tail...the tial being the extra piece of land where the park and the side gate leading to the park connector and Sungei Api Api will be...

looks more like a butcher's cleaver indeed! accordingly, units/developments/buildings opposite sharp edges are considered inauspicious in fengshui. If Livia indeed looks like or symbolises a cleaver, developments along the cleaver edge may have bad fengshui. I think this is what unreg8 meant.

You don't necessarily have to believe....

jw
24-07-08, 11:17
1. Aukang (Blk 69)
2. JW (Blk 69)

Unregistered.
24-07-08, 11:19
looks more like a butcher's cleaver indeed! accordingly, units/developments/buildings opposite sharp edges are considered inauspicious in fengshui. If Livia indeed looks like or symbolises a cleaver, developments along the cleaver edge may have bad fengshui. I think this is what unreg8 meant.

You don't necessarily have to believe....
You mean the HDB flat residents oppt Livia will be affected or the residents in Livia will be affected also? living inside a butcher's knife sounds very bloody leh...

Unregistered..
24-07-08, 11:51
You mean the HDB flat residents oppt Livia will be affected or the residents in Livia will be affected also? living inside a butcher's knife sounds very bloody leh...

Those HDBs are along that cleaver's spine, so ok lah.....not sharp...it's those new developments that are going to spring up behind Livia that should watch out.

Unregistered9
24-07-08, 14:54
Those HDBs are along that cleaver's spine, so ok lah.....not sharp...it's those new developments that are going to spring up behind Livia that should watch out.

So live on the cleaver 'blade' is ok right?

Unregistered..
24-07-08, 15:29
So live on the cleaver 'blade' is ok right?

should be ok ba :)

aukang
25-07-08, 14:47
Just surfed the net and found out that the construction of Livia has been awarded to South Korea's Hyundai Construction & ENgineering.

They built some condo projects in S'pore previously such as Costa Del Sol, Golde Hill Park, Orchard Scotts and Hume Park 5. Currently, they are also building One Shenton Way (also by CDL and designed by Architects 61) :)

I look forward to staying in a well built home :D

Unregistereddfddff
25-07-08, 15:01
there is no Hume Park 5. Only HP1 and 2.

both CDL projects.

Unregistered888
25-07-08, 15:12
there is no Hume Park 5. Only HP1 and 2.

both CDL projects.

wah...very sharp....

aukang
25-07-08, 15:13
thanks for pointing out. i got it from the company website...so must be typo :doh:

Neighbor
27-07-08, 22:51
1. Aukang (Blk 69)
2. JW (Blk 69)
3. Neighbor (Blk 73)

Neighbor
27-07-08, 22:54
I have a question...
Just curious.. how many of you intend to convert your planter boxes into a balcony? i.e. placing timber decking on it.

Anyone has experience doing it with your other properties before? My first property... so I'm not sure how open are the management committee going to be for us to do that.

Also... suppose we want to do this, we need to write in to get approval right? When will this be? Before TOP? After TOP?

aukang
28-07-08, 09:50
Hi Neighbour,

Personally, for the planter, I haven't thought about it yet...off hand, it would either be a balcony (with timber deck) or a fountain display with mini garden. I will definitely be looking out for ideas.

I suppose we need to seek permission from somebody in oreder to convert the planter area into a balcony.

anyways, i was at Livia showflat over the weekend to hand in my furnishings options...chose the 'warm' version...and there were still quite a few people in the showflats...wonder if anyone bought though, given the spate of negative news about private property prices late last week

jw
28-07-08, 10:42
1. Aukang (Blk 69)
2. JW (Blk 69)
3. Neighbor (Blk 73)

Hi Neighbor,

I've a friend whom also bought Blk 73, stack 23....
Maybe also same guy?..:cool:

Stoop
28-07-08, 13:51
I have a question...
Just curious.. how many of you intend to convert your planter boxes into a balcony? i.e. placing timber decking on it.

Anyone has experience doing it with your other properties before? My first property... so I'm not sure how open are the management committee going to be for us to do that.

Also... suppose we want to do this, we need to write in to get approval right? When will this be? Before TOP? After TOP?

I am also interested in converting... anyone can enlighten...

I bought a unit in the east coast area....

olivewine
28-07-08, 17:23
Hi!

Yes, we are also considering to place timber deckings/planks across the planter space to create more usable space too. Probably have some pots of herbs to justify the "planter" existence...:spliff:

Still keeping options open!

amk
28-07-08, 17:35
Hi, I just bought an unit in Livia, blk 73 stack 25.
now considering which bank can offer the best services and best offer.
we chosed option 2 for the furnishings the "cool version".
Yes, we are also considering to place timber deckings/planks across the planter space to create more usable space too, we are not sure abt this, hope can share some ideas here.

jw
28-07-08, 18:01
Hi, I just bought an unit in Livia, blk 73 stack 25.
now considering which bank can offer the best services and best offer.
we chosed option 2 for the furnishings the "cool version".
Yes, we are also considering to place timber deckings/planks across the planter space to create more usable space too, we are not sure abt this, hope can share some ideas here.

u can try HSBC Home Loan package...i think they are currently best deal in town... 3 month SIBOR + 0.7%

amk
28-07-08, 18:08
think the UOB bank offer the same 3 month SIBOR + 0.7%, currently the SIBOR rate ard 1.17% so total 1.87%, it is the same for HSBC?

jw
28-07-08, 20:12
saw this picture from another forum...one idea for wood decking the planter box..

http://img140.imageshack.us/img140/5362/p1060294ew8.jpg

olivewine
28-07-08, 21:34
Cool!

Anybody any idea on the drainage? I suppose the planks are porous and we definitely don't want water to accumulate in the space below!

aukang
28-07-08, 21:37
u can try HSBC Home Loan package...i think they are currently best deal in town... 3 month SIBOR + 0.7%
i took the hsbc loan. It would be good to shop around and get a bank and banker you're comfortable with since rates are quite similar. I just went to my lawyers to sign the s&p. Paid cash upfront for stamp fees...

aukang
28-07-08, 21:42
Cool!

Anybody any idea on the drainage? I suppose the planks are porous and we definitely don't want water to accumulate in the space below!
my agent told me there's a built in drainage hole...that's why can even consider rearing fish :) ... But i think the planter may not be able to take too much weight ..

pinky
28-07-08, 22:22
1. Aukang (Blk 69)
2. JW (Blk 69)
3. Neighbor (Blk 73)
4. pinky (blk 61)

havent receive my S&P yet. take how long to receive s&p?

Unregistered9321
28-07-08, 22:29
think the UOB bank offer the same 3 month SIBOR + 0.7%, currently the SIBOR rate ard 1.17% so total 1.87%, it is the same for HSBC?

I think UOB is SOR + 0.7%... not SIBOR

aukang
28-07-08, 22:48
1. Aukang (Blk 69)
2. JW (Blk 69)
3. Neighbor (Blk 73)
4. pinky (blk 61)

should about 2 weeks bah...i book during the preview in early Jul. received S&P in mid Jul. Menatime, can shop around for your bank :)

pinky
28-07-08, 22:52
should about 2 weeks bah...i book during the preview in early Jul. received S&P in mid Jul. Menatime, can shop around for your bank :)

what is the deadline for signing the s&p? thinking of hsbc or standard chartered. u look for ur own lawyer or using bank's panel lawyer?

jw
29-07-08, 14:15
what is the deadline for signing the s&p? thinking of hsbc or standard chartered. u look for ur own lawyer or using bank's panel lawyer?
2 weeks upon signing your option to purchase. U can get your own conveyancy lawyer, provided that yr lawyer are on the list of approved lawyers from the bank.....

pinky
29-07-08, 23:06
just got my S&P today. haven't decide which lawyer and bank loan.. but wondering is there any different between normal units and those in the top floor? cos i got the 16th level unit which is beside the penthouse unit. wondering the ceiling will be higher or lower.. anyone knows? cos i forget to ask the agent initially.

lele
30-07-08, 08:54
1. Aukang (Blk 69)
2. JW (Blk 69)
3. Neighbor (Blk 73)
4. pinky (blk 61)

hi all,

just wondering if you all want to form a discussion group in yahoo group or elsewhere, cos we could all discuss on renovations, ideas etc.

Btw, i from stack 25 and is planning to do up some basic reno like bay window ledges, curtains, planters, tv wall features and lightings.

Maybe if we can make a group and get one good contracter, we could get better bargain power.

Stoop
30-07-08, 10:25
saw this picture from another forum...one idea for wood decking the planter box..

http://img140.imageshack.us/img140/5362/p1060294ew8.jpg

Thanks JW for posting the picture... just wondering whether the plank is waterproof? otherwise, the wood will rots after some rains and sunshine right? Anyone knows abt this ??

Stoop
30-07-08, 10:28
hi all,

just wondering if you all want to form a discussion group in yahoo group or elsewhere, cos we could all discuss on renovations, ideas etc.

Btw, i from stack 25 and is planning to do up some basic reno like bay window ledges, curtains, planters, tv wall features and lightings.

Maybe if we can make a group and get one good contracter, we could get better bargain power.

Your appointed lawyer should receive it from the develope's lawyer. Then you can go through the S&P with your lawyers on the legal issues... usually should be quite fast... have you appointed a lawyer?

jw
30-07-08, 10:31
Thanks JW for posting the picture... just wondering whether the plank is waterproof? otherwise, the wood will rots after some rains and sunshine right? Anyone knows abt this ??

i read that they are using chengai wood...which are more hardy and usually for outdoor use, like those pool deck.

Stoop
30-07-08, 10:50
i read that they are using chengai wood...which are more hardy and usually for outdoor use, like those pool deck.

That's great... ever since i realised i got planter boxes in my living and bedroom, i have been thinking how to raise them up for use... i have no intention whatsoever of planting...

aukang
30-07-08, 13:50
hi all,

Hi lele,

Thanks! That's an excellent idea. I know the Clover by the Park grp from this forum has formed one such discussion group. Perhaps we can do the same. I'm not well versed in computer so I had not ventured to form a discussion group beyond this forum. :ashamed1:

lele
30-07-08, 14:21
Hi lele,

Thanks! That's an excellent idea. I know the Clover by the Park grp from this forum has formed one such discussion group. Perhaps we can do the same. I'm not well versed in computer so I had not ventured to form a discussion group beyond this forum. :ashamed1:

HI ALL !!

GOOD NEWS,

let form a group, link below

Your Group livia_sg has been created. You can access your group using the link below or from the Yahoo! Groups "My Groups" page.

Group name: livia_sg
Group home page: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/livia_sg
Group email: [email protected]

property2007
30-07-08, 21:59
I went by Livia on Sat 26 July 10 am. The agent informed that 428 units have been launched, with at least 87% sold (i.e. 372 sold).

Livia still ranks amongst the most popular of recent launches, and I believe higher than Clover.

Does anyone have more recent updates?

pinky
30-07-08, 23:37
Your appointed lawyer should receive it from the develope's lawyer. Then you can go through the S&P with your lawyers on the legal issues... usually should be quite fast... have you appointed a lawyer?

havent.. cos havent decide which bank loan to take.. the bank will provide their panel lawyer... cos different bank.. different prices of legal fee...

AMK
31-07-08, 09:31
havent.. cos havent decide which bank loan to take.. the bank will provide their panel lawyer... cos different bank.. different prices of legal fee...

same here, still cannot decide which bank to choose, UOB? HSBC?
HSBC using the SIBOR rate more attractive compare to UOB SOR rate,
but HSBC only one time conversion within 6mths period. the lawyer fee should be fully cover by the bank (the subsidy ard $2,500) & partial repayment and full repayment allowed but only on the roll-over/reset date, else interest in-lieu to be paid. UOB allow two times conversion.
Any other bank offer better these?

AMK
31-07-08, 09:34
HI ALL !!

GOOD NEWS,

let form a group, link below

Your Group livia_sg has been created. You can access your group using the link below or from the Yahoo! Groups "My Groups" page.

Group name: livia_sg
Group home page: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/livia_sg
Group email: [email protected]

Wow.... will join the group...

New
31-07-08, 09:37
Find the discussion about servicing the loan in Clover forum quite interesting, cut and paste here to share:

-----Starter ----
Puzzle about servicing the loan.

Saw on the web one bank offering, 3.5, 3.5, 3.7 & 3.8 after (depend on floating rate, possible to hit 5).

Assume a 1m unit, assume you have 5% (50k) cash and 15% (150k) cpf, you still have 0.8m to service at above rates assuming 30 years which work out to be almost 4k monthly.

Current cpf oa (max cap at 4.5k) and depend on age is about 1k. That means you have to top up cash of about 3k.

Assume the publish data of Singaporean average family income of 5k, that is a lot cash monthly.

Even assume HDB upgrader has a 500k unit to dispose, you still have 0.3m to service which work out less that 1.5k a month.

Even if you earn 10k to 30k like the few here, you job must be secure to continue to have cpf and cash.

Even you clear all your savings and liquidate all your fixed assets with nothing except this fixed asset and your job, it is a puzzle to me.

---- point 1: rent ---
If you have a HDB, use it to service your loan.
You only need to fork out little cash then.

Don't ever sell your HDB because it is a good source of income.

---- point 2: sell ---
if ur HDB can give you $500K, compare with your interest of $800K loan, instead of rent out, rather deposit the $500k to clear your loan first, feel much secure to have $300K loan instead of $800K, what if economic goes worse, no rental income, how to find so much $$$ to serve the $800K?

Therefore I suggest to sell HDB to fill the loan, instead of using the rental to cover partial loan. Your comment?

---- point 3: sell ---
Based on a 3.25% 20 years tenure, the 500K topup to reduce the loan of $800K to $300K save you a monthly instalment of $1,985.19.

If you will to keep the HBD value at $500K, you have to make sure that the rental yield for the next 20 years must exceed $1,985 per month.

So for me, I will rather sell my HDB and lower my loan to $300K.

Since the housing price and rental in Pasir Ris are much lower than Bishan, I think we need to calculate carefully.

Will you sell or rent out your HDB flat?

water quality
31-07-08, 11:28
today paper say pasir ris beach has lots of bacteria!!!!
beware livia owners!

lele
31-07-08, 19:20
beware livia owners!

hope it dun occur often we have move in. do you think downtown, horse riding or the fisherman valley cause it ? It have to be some big amount to cause it, doubt it is caused by one single dog/cat shit.

aukang
31-07-08, 21:19
beware livia owners!

thanks for the warning :scared-4:

but no worries, we'll be doing our swimming in the Livia pool and only go strolling along the Pasir Ris beach:)

kal
31-07-08, 23:18
hope it dun occur often we have move in. do you think downtown, horse riding or the fisherman valley cause it ? It have to be some big amount to cause it, doubt it is caused by one single dog/cat shit.

Think is horse shit !

Too kind
01-08-08, 09:38
Find the discussion about servicing the loan in Clover forum quite interesting, cut and paste here to share:

-----Starter ----
Puzzle about servicing the loan.

Saw on the web one bank offering, 3.5, 3.5, 3.7 & 3.8 after (depend on floating rate, possible to hit 5).

Assume a 1m unit, assume you have 5% (50k) cash and 15% (150k) cpf, you still have 0.8m to service at above rates assuming 30 years which work out to be almost 4k monthly.

Current cpf oa (max cap at 4.5k) and depend on age is about 1k. That means you have to top up cash of about 3k.

Assume the publish data of Singaporean average family income of 5k, that is a lot cash monthly.

Even assume HDB upgrader has a 500k unit to dispose, you still have 0.3m to service which work out less that 1.5k a month.

Even if you earn 10k to 30k like the few here, you job must be secure to continue to have cpf and cash.

Even you clear all your savings and liquidate all your fixed assets with nothing except this fixed asset and your job, it is a puzzle to me.

---- point 1: rent ---
If you have a HDB, use it to service your loan.
You only need to fork out little cash then.

Don't ever sell your HDB because it is a good source of income.

---- point 2: sell ---
if ur HDB can give you $500K, compare with your interest of $800K loan, instead of rent out, rather deposit the $500k to clear your loan first, feel much secure to have $300K loan instead of $800K, what if economic goes worse, no rental income, how to find so much $$$ to serve the $800K?

Therefore I suggest to sell HDB to fill the loan, instead of using the rental to cover partial loan. Your comment?

---- point 3: sell ---
Based on a 3.25% 20 years tenure, the 500K topup to reduce the loan of $800K to $300K save you a monthly instalment of $1,985.19.

If you will to keep the HBD value at $500K, you have to make sure that the rental yield for the next 20 years must exceed $1,985 per month.

So for me, I will rather sell my HDB and lower my loan to $300K.

Since the housing price and rental in Pasir Ris are much lower than Bishan, I think we need to calculate carefully.

Will you sell or rent out your HDB flat?
Oh dear, you are too kind! None of the Livia owner will response you...

You know why? Because the EA at Pasir Ris is just around $400K, and the rental demand in Pasir Ris HDB is almost zero, what do you expect them to say? compare the rental yield with the hugh loan interest? They have to choice but to sell their HDB flat low low to fill the huge home loan! Don't waste your time cut and paste here lah... they won't appreciate one...

pinky
02-08-08, 19:24

You know why? Because the EA at Pasir Ris is just around $400K, and the rental demand in Pasir Ris HDB is almost zero, what do you expect them to say? compare the rental yield with the hugh loan interest? They have to choice but to sell their HDB flat low low to fill the huge home loan! Don't waste your time cut and paste here lah... they won't appreciate one...

i think majority here are buying livia to stay.. not for rental or investment... :)

dede
05-08-08, 14:34

oh you are too kind. don't worry, small kid, those of us who bot livia have got enough money to pay unlike sore loser like u. maybe u should work harder leh.

lele
06-08-08, 16:09
oh you are too kind. don't worry, small kid, those of us who bot livia have got enough money to pay unlike sore loser like u. maybe u should work harder leh.

Hi dede and rest of livia owners,

i had form a livia group, thinking to group all future neighbours together, pls join and promote it :)

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/livia_sg/

:) :) :) :)

aukang
10-08-08, 10:05
for those who bought for rentals, the 4th public university may add to the demand for rooms/housing in the area :)

but not me...i buy to stay :spliff:

Router
11-08-08, 11:15
4th public Uni? when did this news appear?

aukang
11-08-08, 18:59
PM Lee's National Day message....

To upgrade our economy, we must invest in our people, especially through education. We are improving our polytechnics and ITEs, where most of our students go. We are also expanding university places. The Government has approved plans for a new publicly-funded university. Its campus will be in Changi, with good bus and train access from around the island. It will admit its first intake in 2011. This new university will open up more opportunities for Singaporeans to develop themselves and to advance.

kal
11-08-08, 21:48
The fourth Uni will be next to changi business park/expo mrt..

noblebaby
18-08-08, 21:46
What is the opening hour of Livia showflat? Open on Sunday? anyone know?

19-08-08, 10:33
for those who bought for rentals, the 4th public university may add to the demand for rooms/housing in the area :)

but not me...i buy to stay :spliff:

wah lau the 4th uni is damn far from your livia lah. aiyoh. those people who in the uni will rent nearer condo la. don't forget got Hdb there also, near simpang bedok and simei. u all arr.

19-08-08, 10:35
What is the opening hour of Livia showflat? Open on Sunday? anyone know?

open everyday la from 10 am - 7 pm. never go showflat before isit?

Livia
01-09-08, 01:20
Hi Folks,

I am in the process of settling for a unit. Its my first private property, any advise? :)

I am waiting for HSBC and UOB to come back with their offer. Guess it will be same same.

I choose Livia for few reasons:
1. away from city hustle
2. near beach
3. lots of greens
4. lower price but is 99yrs
5. near TPE (less heavy traffic)
6. the layout

Unregistered9
01-09-08, 14:20
Hi Folks,

I am in the process of settling for a unit. Its my first private property, any advise? :)

I am waiting for HSBC and UOB to come back with their offer. Guess it will be same same.

I choose Livia for few reasons:
1. away from city hustle
2. near beach
3. lots of greens
4. lower price but is 99yrs
5. near TPE (less heavy traffic)
6. the layout

Congrats! You may wish to consider getting your friends who are already owners to 'intro' you as both parties will get some cash back - 3K or 4K depending on size of unit

livia
01-09-08, 14:38
Congrats! You may wish to consider getting your friends who are already owners to 'intro' you as both parties will get some cash back - 3K or 4K depending on size of unit

Ya.. heard of this not sure if it is the same promo with CDl moon cake festival discount. Or izit both... wow...hah..ha..ha :)

Property Analyst
03-10-08, 12:03
See the below articles, congrats to all condo owners near MRT:

http://forums.condosingapore.com/showthread.php?t=4922

I think just want to add the below point.

When comparing condos near MRT, we can't just blindly compare it by how long it takes to walk to the nearest MRT station.

For example, many people keep saying that The Quarts is better as compared to Livia because it's just 3 mins away to MRT whereas Livia is 8 mins.

I think it depends, if you work in city (City Hall & Raffles Place), then I would say Livia is better because you don't need to change train.
You need to walk 3-5 mins to change train alone, not to mention the waiting time for the next train.
Also most of the time you get a seat when you ride from Pasir Ris MRT, this is not the case for Buangkok MRT.

If you work in Dhoby Gaut or Harbourfront, then The Quarts is surely better.

All these factors need to be taken into account, each buyer need to carefully match with their own needs (especially where they work).
As you can read from the article itself, you can conclude that each MRT station has different value.

Never too late
05-10-08, 21:49
Hi, am interested to know how much does it cost to purchase a 2 or 3 rooms unit in Livia? What is the size and facing like? Believe not many units left, just trying my luck.

If the price is reasonable, am seriously considering. Would someone be able to share?

Sniper
06-10-08, 20:49
Hi, am interested to know how much does it cost to purchase a 2 or 3 rooms unit in Livia? What is the size and facing like? Believe not many units left, just trying my luck.

If the price is reasonable, am seriously considering. Would someone be able to share?

On average Livia is selling at 650-700 psf.

If you consider buying Livia, you should also consider Ris Grandeur.
It's slightly further from MRT, but it's FREEHOLD.

I myself just realise this Ris Grandeur project after viewing Livia show flat.

I think it's very rare to find high rise condo with freehold status, many freehold projects are low rise.
What's more it's ready unit and just 2 years old.

Ris
06-10-08, 21:31
On average Livia is selling at 650-700 psf.

If you consider buying Livia, you should also consider Ris Grandeur.
It's slightly further from MRT, but it's FREEHOLD.

I myself just realise this Ris Grandeur project after viewing Livia show flat.

I think it's very rare to find high rise condo with freehold status, many freehold projects are low rise.
What's more it's ready unit and just 2 years old.

You may need to wait longer if you want to buy Ris Grandeur as very few units are selling. For Livia you can buy anytime you want as long as there is still available units (which I think there is).

Anyway, both Livia and Ris Grandeur are good value for money.
They are located near to each other, the area is very peaceful and quiet.
Also, it is near to Pasir Ris Park beach, only 2 bus stops or 5 mins by bicycle or 15 mins walk.

Eastvaler
06-10-08, 21:56
You may need to wait longer if you want to buy Ris Grandeur as very few units are selling. For Livia you can buy anytime you want as long as there is still available units (which I think there is).

Anyway, both Livia and Ris Grandeur are good value for money.
They are located near to each other, the area is very peaceful and quiet.
Also, it is near to Pasir Ris Park beach, only 2 bus stops or 5 mins by bicycle or 15 mins walk.

Eastvale is a good alternative if you like Pasir Ris so much but budget is an issue for you :P

Considering Livia
06-10-08, 22:32
i am interested on the 2 bed rooms unit. does anybody know whether is it still available?

Router
07-10-08, 09:45
I had been invited to see the units in Livia during luanch. The pricing of the units is not very attractive as compared to Ris Grandeur with the gloomy economy coming in the way. One is 99 years and the other is Freehold. To compare Livia closer to MRT...is as good as comparing Ris Grandeur closer to IKEA, COURTS and GIANTS...etc with more things in the coming development in that area.

The problem is that Livia has many units which will be blocked by the future development of more condos within the CDL plot of land. THis is one of the major factor which badly affect my decision in buying.

Sigh!

Waiting to Buy
07-10-08, 20:58
I had been invited to see the units in Livia during luanch. The pricing of the units is not very attractive as compared to Ris Grandeur with the gloomy economy coming in the way. One is 99 years and the other is Freehold. To compare Livia closer to MRT...is as good as comparing Ris Grandeur closer to IKEA, COURTS and GIANTS...etc with more things in the coming development in that area.

The problem is that Livia has many units which will be blocked by the future development of more condos within the CDL plot of land. THis is one of the major factor which badly affect my decision in buying.

Sigh!

Puzzled leh.. Livia is just across one road from Ris Grandeur. The facilities shared by them, I thought, should be almost if not quite close.
If talk about futrue development blocking I thought this is unduely concern as the land is rather big. If you like pool view isn't it also blocking as usaully
pool facing blocks normally faces other blocks within?
Both are very good projects-only thing don't like is too many balconies & planter boxes "eating up" usable spaces. If got extra cash sure buy for investment to rent to ang mo..cheers!!

Unregistered999
07-10-08, 22:17

Sigh!

I would say that it is Ris Grandeur that is underpriced, maybe because not so many people know.
I think only after this Livia showflat that many people come to know there is this freehold project just very nearby.

On the other hand, Livia itself is already selling at a very good price if you compare with other newly launched projects in the market.

Router
08-10-08, 08:13
Puzzled leh.. Livia is just across one road from Ris Grandeur. The facilities shared by them, I thought, should be almost if not quite close.
If talk about futrue development blocking I thought this is unduely concern as the land is rather big. If you like pool view isn't it also blocking as usaully
pool facing blocks normally faces other blocks within?
Both are very good projects-only thing don't like is too many balconies & planter boxes "eating up" usable spaces. If got extra cash sure buy for investment to rent to ang mo..cheers!!

Precisely...Livia is just across one road from Ris Grandeur, hence distance to MRT is not really an issue. There is one big difference between both besides 99 yrs and Freehold and balconies issues, many more units in Livia will face future surrounding condos development on the opposite site and this has infact deterred many of my friends to park thier monies in this project. If i cannot wait, i may invest in Livia for only one reason...new condo...but i still think Ris Grandeur is a better option because it is Freehold. If i can wait, i will wait for the coming ones beside Livia.
On the overall, i do agree both are great projects.

Unregistered999
08-10-08, 22:27
Precisely...Livia is just across one road from Ris Grandeur, hence distance to MRT is not really an issue. There is one big difference between both besides 99 yrs and Freehold and balconies issues, many more units in Livia will face future surrounding condos development on the opposite site and this has infact deterred many of my friends to park thier monies in this project. If i cannot wait, i may invest in Livia for only one reason...new condo...but i still think Ris Grandeur is a better option because it is Freehold. If i can wait, i will wait for the coming ones beside Livia.
On the overall, i do agree both are great projects.

Just curious, when you mentioned new condo development near Livia, are you referring to the vacant land between Livia and MRT track?
There is also small vacant land between Livia and Ris Grandeur, not sure what will happen to that.
Also how do you know about this? Any link to URA plan is appreciated.

KG Tan
25-10-09, 09:56
Dear All,
This is the first time I am contributing to this forum. This is also the first time I am buying a private property having own a HDB flat for more than 5 years. As this will be the biggest investment of the lifetime, I have been looking at closely monitoring & analysing the Singapore Property Market/Outlook for more than 2 years. I have visited more than 60 condo showflats. I have talked to more than 100 agents in Singapore. I am glad that I have finally confirm a unit at LIVIA.

To start off, I am not an agent. I am not working for CDL or any developer. All I want here is to share with everyone the reason why I commit to buy a property now while some experts were warning the public the possibility of a property bubble forming. But more importantly, I would like to share with everyone WHY I chose LIVIA as compared with other condos in Singapore.

LIVIA is located along Pasir Ris Drive 1 which is a rather quiet location.

MRT
I have tried walking from LIVIA to Pasir Ris MRT. It took me approx 8 mins. Condos which are within walking distance from MRT usually command higher price & rental. Look at The Quart, it is now selling at 750 pfs upon TOP. Look at Casa Merah, it has crossed the $800 psf mark.

Shopping Malls & Public Amenities
White Sand Shopping Mall is also within 8 mins walking distance from LIVIA. For those who have kids, there is also a NLB at White Sand Shopping Mall. You also have Elias Mall, West Plaza, Downtown East, Giant, Court, Ikea, Pasir Ris Park all within 5 mins driving distance.

Major Expressway
Depending on where you are heading, you will be able to hit TPE / KPE / ECP / PIE to your respective destinations within mins. It only take you 16 mins to reach Parkway ECP Exit. It will only take you 20 mins to reach Rocher ECP Exit. It will only take you 16 mins to reach Toa Payoh PIE exit. For food lovers, it will only take you less than 15 mins to reach Sims Ave KPE Exit to Geylang. It takes you less than 10 mins to Changi Airport.

Changi Business Park / 4th University / United World College / Racing track at Changi

These will be a key advantage for investors who are interested to rent their unit at LIVIA. However, do bear in mind that projects like Double Bay / Casa Merah / Optima will be a more attractive choice for those students/expats as compared to LIVIA. I would say LIVIA will probably be their 2nd choice to rent ahead of Ferraria Park & The Gale.

Developer
CDL are well known for delivering high quality finishes. If you have been to both LIVIA & Oasis @ Elias showflat, you will notice the huge difference in their finishes. In fact personally, the finishes are better than Double Bay & Waterfront Waves. The only 2 condos which I think has a better finishes than LIVIA are probably The Gale & Waterfront Key. My personal opinion of course.

Future Condos & Future Condo Effect on Pricing
CDL bought this piece of land more than 10 years ago. There will be a total of 4 or 5 condos to be built in this huge piece of land. In term of location, LIVIA is sitting on the 2nd BEST part of the land. The best part of the land should be at the current LIVIA showflat as it is even closer to MRT (probably 5 mins walking distance). The launch price of the next condo will definitely be much higher than LIVIA as I think CDL will only launch this when LIVIA is more or less SOLD OUT & when the economy has improved. Remember the "Centro Effect" or the "Optima Effect" which has caused Grandeur 8 & Casa Merah to appreciate in value? The next condo near LIVIA will be priced higher thus the same "EFFECT" we saw at Centro & Optima will also happened to LIVIA.

LIVIA's land size & facilities
The land size of LIVIA is 450,000 ft2 with 724 units. Not many condo today has such huge land area. Just for comparing purposes, the land size at Capsian is around 250,000 ft2 (if I remembered correctly) with more than 700 units. LIVIA will be extremely spacious. Comparing LIVIA's facilities with other condo, the only one that come close is Double Bay. Each condo MUST have it's distinct advantage. E.g. Compass Height has integrated MRT/Shopping Mall, The Gale is Freehold, Silversea has great seaview, etc. LIVIA's facilities will be an key advantage & selling points when you decide to sell your condo eventually.

Layout
The layout is very well designed. The house will be very bright as it has lots of bay windows & full height balcony/planter. This is an extremely important criteria to me from a "fengshui" point of view.

Price
At an average price of $630 pfs, this should be one of the lowest in the East. Optima is priced at $850 psf, The Gale $700 psf, Casa Merah $750 psf, Double Bay $680 psf. The only one that come close to LIVIA pricing is Oasis @ Elais. Beside the differences in finishes as compared to Oasis @ Elias, LIVIA definitely has better location, facilities, layout, etc.

Psychological Pricing Barriers
I remembered those days (actually not too long ago) in 2005/2006, when The Seaview, One Amber, The Esta were launched. The launch price were between $650 & $750 psf. We heard property experts commenting that these prices were not sustainable as those older condos in East were only selling at $500 psf, so why pay 30% more? If you are tracking the property prices in East Coast, you should be aware that these 3 condos mentioned have hit more than $1,000 psf. New launches like Silversea are selling at more than $1500 psf. The starting price point in East Coast is now minimum $900 & above. The point I am trying to make here is that, property pricing in Pasir Ris & other areas will eventually appreciate further. Who knows in 2 - 3 years time, the starting price point for condos in Pasir Ris will be $850 psf & above. Think about the capital appreciation when you are only paying $630 psf. This is of course my opinion.

Limited Land Supply
As you read from papers, property developers are running low in terms of their landbank. They have to produce good results & make profit for their company shareholders & the only way is to sell more condos. With their kind of bidding prices which are a few times more than the minimum bid, these condos will eventually have to be selling more than $1000 psf. Bear in mind that some of these lands may not as good as the piece of land at LIVIA in terms of location & accessibility. Buyers today are smart. They will always compare & compare.

HDB Pricing in Pasir Ris
LIVIA will attract those HDB flat owners in Pasir Ris. The selling price for those EA flats in Pasir Ris (opposite LIVIA) are between $500,000 & $600,000. A 3 br unit at LIVIA costs approx $800,000. Compare the difference & you will see that it will not be out of reach for those HDB upgraders to buy your unit at LIVIA eventually.

Nearby Primary & Secondary Schools
Not much comment here.

Double Dip Recession?
Will this happened? No one knows. The worst is probably in Q1 2009 & during this period, the selling price of LIVIA is around $600 psf as opposed to the current $630 psf. Even if there is a double dip recession & prices went down to Q1 2009 low, there is only a 5% paper loss. So I felt the down side is low as compared to the up side.

Inflation
With inflation, your money will become smaller & smaller. Property is one of the ways to hedge against inflation.

I hope the above are informative. Any comments or additional points are welcome. Cheers.

Cactus72
25-10-09, 11:25
Dear All,
This is the first time I am contributing to this forum. This is also the first time I am buying a private property having own a HDB flat for more than 5 years. As this will be the biggest investment of the lifetime, I have been looking at closely monitoring & analysing the Singapore Property Market/Outlook for more than 2 years. I have visited more than 60 condo showflats. I have talked to more than 100 agents in Singapore. I am glad that I have finally confirm a unit at LIVIA.

Congrats! Feel happy for you...what is important is you like what you are buying. Cheers! :cheers6:

gohsoonk
25-10-09, 22:48
You have indeed come out with good study of Livia, most likely with your extensive time spent around the island.

You have certainly echoed most of my thought process (I am owner too!).
Naturally, I agree with most of your thought process (owner too)...except the below:

Layout - The layout for Livia is ok. I have seen better at other developments. The plus side is that the balcony/planter area is not too big.
It does not have eye-catching features for the layout portion. E.g. Hoi Hup's pillarless corner at Versailies on Haig or all N-S apartments at Bloosoms@Woodleigh.

Double Dip Recession - If a double dip recession occurs, it will be hard to call out the bottom. Hence, I would not put the cap at 5%

I have another additional point:

When developments are priced cheap (relative to the rest of the market), there is always the thought that it is not good. The unique situation here is that the piece of land that Livia is sitting on was bought dirt cheap. Based on news articles in 08, its launch price was considered spoiling the market at that time. Even with the "low" launch price, the profits are still very good. This means that the developer has the flexibility to price themselves in times of crisis or property bubbles. Basically, it is "Bee Tang" for them. Hopefully, the finish will be good with the profits received. As always, the finish of a CityDev project seldom disappoint.

BTW, when did you buy Livia?

Dear All,

To start off, I am not an agent. I am not working for CDL or any developer. All I want here is to share with everyone the reason why I commit to buy a property now while some experts were warning the public the possibility of a property bubble forming. But more importantly, I would like to share with everyone WHY I chose LIVIA as compared with other condos in Singapore.

LIVIA is located along Pasir Ris Drive 1 which is a rather quiet location.

MRT
I have tried walking from LIVIA to Pasir Ris MRT. It took me approx 8 mins. Condos which are within walking distance from MRT usually command higher price & rental. Look at The Quart, it is now selling at 750 pfs upon TOP. Look at Casa Merah, it has crossed the $800 psf mark.

Shopping Malls & Public Amenities
White Sand Shopping Mall is also within 8 mins walking distance from LIVIA. For those who have kids, there is also a NLB at White Sand Shopping Mall. You also have Elias Mall, West Plaza, Downtown East, Giant, Court, Ikea, Pasir Ris Park all within 5 mins driving distance.

Major Expressway
Depending on where you are heading, you will be able to hit TPE / KPE / ECP / PIE to your respective destinations within mins. It only take you 16 mins to reach Parkway ECP Exit. It will only take you 20 mins to reach Rocher ECP Exit. It will only take you 16 mins to reach Toa Payoh PIE exit. For food lovers, it will only take you less than 15 mins to reach Sims Ave KPE Exit to Geylang. It takes you less than 10 mins to Changi Airport.

Changi Business Park / 4th University / United World College / Racing track at Changi

These will be a key advantage for investors who are interested to rent their unit at LIVIA. However, do bear in mind that projects like Double Bay / Casa Merah / Optima will be a more attractive choice for those students/expats as compared to LIVIA. I would say LIVIA will probably be their 2nd choice to rent ahead of Ferraria Park & The Gale.

Developer
CDL are well known for delivering high quality finishes. If you have been to both LIVIA & Oasis @ Elias showflat, you will notice the huge difference in their finishes. In fact personally, the finishes are better than Double Bay & Waterfront Waves. The only 2 condos which I think has a better finishes than LIVIA are probably The Gale & Waterfront Key. My personal opinion of course.

Future Condos & Future Condo Effect on Pricing
CDL bought this piece of land more than 10 years ago. There will be a total of 4 or 5 condos to be built in this huge piece of land. In term of location, LIVIA is sitting on the 2nd BEST part of the land. The best part of the land should be at the current LIVIA showflat as it is even closer to MRT (probably 5 mins walking distance). The launch price of the next condo will definitely be much higher than LIVIA as I think CDL will only launch this when LIVIA is more or less SOLD OUT & when the economy has improved. Remember the "Centro Effect" or the "Optima Effect" which has caused Grandeur 8 & Casa Merah to appreciate in value? The next condo near LIVIA will be priced higher thus the same "EFFECT" we saw at Centro & Optima will also happened to LIVIA.

The land size of LIVIA is 450,000 ft2 with 724 units. Not many condo today has such huge land area. Just for comparing purposes, the land size at Capsian is around 250,000 ft2 (if I remembered correctly) with more than 700 units. LIVIA will be extremely spacious. Comparing LIVIA's facilities with other condo, the only one that come close is Double Bay. Each condo MUST have it's distinct advantage. E.g. Compass Height has integrated MRT/Shopping Mall, The Gale is Freehold, Silversea has great seaview, etc. LIVIA's facilities will be an key advantage & selling points when you decide to sell your condo eventually.

Layout
The layout is very well designed. The house will be very bright as it has lots of bay windows & full height balcony/planter. This is an extremely important criteria to me from a "fengshui" point of view.

Price
At an average price of $630 pfs, this should be one of the lowest in the East. Optima is priced at $850 psf, The Gale $700 psf, Casa Merah $750 psf, Double Bay $680 psf. The only one that come close to LIVIA pricing is Oasis @ Elais. Beside the differences in finishes as compared to Oasis @ Elias, LIVIA definitely has better location, facilities, layout, etc.

Psychological Pricing Barriers
I remembered those days (actually not too long ago) in 2005/2006, when The Seaview, One Amber, The Esta were launched. The launch price were between $650 & $750 psf. We heard property experts commenting that these prices were not sustainable as those older condos in East were only selling at $500 psf, so why pay 30% more? If you are tracking the property prices in East Coast, you should be aware that these 3 condos mentioned have hit more than $1,000 psf. New launches like Silversea are selling at more than $1500 psf. The starting price point in East Coast is now minimum $900 & above. The point I am trying to make here is that, property pricing in Pasir Ris & other areas will eventually appreciate further. Who knows in 2 - 3 years time, the starting price point for condos in Pasir Ris will be $850 psf & above. Think about the capital appreciation when you are only paying $630 psf. This is of course my opinion.

Limited Land Supply
As you read from papers, property developers are running low in terms of their landbank. They have to produce good results & make profit for their company shareholders & the only way is to sell more condos. With their kind of bidding prices which are a few times more than the minimum bid, these condos will eventually have to be selling more than $1000 psf. Bear in mind that some of these lands may not as good as the piece of land at LIVIA in terms of location & accessibility. Buyers today are smart. They will always compare & compare.

HDB Pricing in Pasir Ris
LIVIA will attract those HDB flat owners in Pasir Ris. The selling price for those EA flats in Pasir Ris (opposite LIVIA) are between $500,000 & $600,000. A 3 br unit at LIVIA costs approx $800,000. Compare the difference & you will see that it will not be out of reach for those HDB upgraders to buy your unit at LIVIA eventually.

Not much comment here.

Double Dip Recession?
Will this happened? No one knows. The worst is probably in Q1 2009 & during this period, the selling price of LIVIA is around $600 psf as opposed to the current $630 psf. Even if there is a double dip recession & prices went down to Q1 2009 low, there is only a 5% paper loss. So I felt the down side is low as compared to the up side.

Inflation
With inflation, your money will become smaller & smaller. Property is one of the ways to hedge against inflation.

I hope the above are informative. Any comments or additional points are welcome. Cheers.

heutistmeintag
09-11-09, 03:56
... The Gale is Freehold, ...
Price

Not much comment here.

Hi, good analysis and I hv 2 comments
1) You cannot put freehold and leasehold props in the same basket and compare.
2) for primary schools, a few popular ones are Pasir Ris Primary, White Sands Primary and Elias Park, which incidentally performed very well in 2008. for secondary schools, Hai Sing is probably the better one in this area unless Tampines is included. Then Ngee Ann secondary and Dunman Secondary are my recommendations

lele
09-11-09, 09:28
Hi all livia owner, we have a yahoo group with close to 40 owners. Pls email to [email protected] to join

aukang
09-01-10, 08:43

wow...i recall starting this thread after i bought Livia and it's still alive :ashamed1:

Sorry i haven't contributed lots due to work and Livians are more active on the yahoo group, completed with pics.

I really look forward to the early TOP of the property

gohsoonk
11-01-10, 13:53

wow...i recall starting this thread after i bought Livia and it's still alive :ashamed1:

Sorry i haven't contributed lots due to work and Livians are more active on the yahoo group, completed with pics.

I really look forward to the early TOP of the property

Did not know you were one of those early bird purchasers. (which means you could pick and choose what you like then)

gap969
12-01-10, 21:03
Hi All

First post here , just registered.
Was actually looking at Livia as i live in Pasir Ris currently.

Is there a reason CDL is offering at 616psf now?

The last low i monitored was in march or April 09 @ $620

Am now looking around this area hoping to get a reasonable buy.;)

gohsoonk
13-01-10, 12:48
Hi All

First post here , just registered.
Was actually looking at Livia as i live in Pasir Ris currently.

Is there a reason CDL is offering at 616psf now?

The last low i monitored was in march or April 09 @ $620

Am now looking around this area hoping to get a reasonable buy.;)

which unit is up at 616psf? Can you clarify?

gap969
13-01-10, 22:51
which unit is up at 616psf? Can you clarify?

It was in the papers saturday by CDL

There were 5 units offered last weekend , 3 bd rms and 4 bd rms
was told 2nd floor facing the road .

Agent called this morning to inform all sold

Only left with 4 bd rms

gohsoonk
14-01-10, 13:13
It was in the papers saturday by CDL

There were 5 units offered last weekend , 3 bd rms and 4 bd rms
was told 2nd floor facing the road .

Agent called this morning to inform all sold

Only left with 4 bd rms

Pricing on papers always for units with some cons (e.g. low floor, facing substation, etc.)

mantrix
14-01-10, 20:29
"
Layout
The layout is very well designed. The house will be very bright as it has lots of bay windows & full height balcony/planter. This is an extremely important criteria to me from a "fengshui" point of view."

and compare to what this website had to say...

http://flathopper.com.sg/2009/12/12/understanding-planters-and-bay-windows/

if the house turns out smaller than expected, at least you'll be glad to know it's bright :cool:

aukang
14-01-10, 22:18
Yes Kelvin, I was one of the first to book my unit. Signed on the dot about an hour after they opened the showroom for preview way back in Jul 2008 :)

I must say I've no regrets getting a unit in Livia and I look forward to staying there one day in the near future.

There's some talk about agents asking if owners wish to sell. I suppose some will take the chance to sell and make some $. But I'll not be selling mine even if there's a good offer cos after selling, I'd have to look for a new place which may not be as ideal as Livia.

I guess it's to each his own : )

Wild Falcon
16-01-10, 21:12
Can I confirm this is also a freehold site that is sold as 99LH by the developer?

gohsoonk
18-01-10, 13:18
Can I confirm this is also a freehold site that is sold as 99LH by the developer?

Where did you get the idea from?

cheerful
18-01-10, 17:29
Where did you get the idea from?

Maybe he heard fr agents ... last time was told it used to be FH agricultural use, but converted to residential with 99 lease only.

KG Tan
18-01-10, 18:36
From what I understand out of the 5 plots of land, 2 were FH while the other 3
LH before CDL bought the land many years ago. However I am not sure if it was before or after or during the purchase, the government decide to put all the 5 plots of land as LH. This is probably the reason why CDL took so long to launch Livia....(need to negotiate, re negotiate & re negotiate with the
government....) Therefore, I am quite sure we will not be under the mercy of CDL should Livia get "en bloc" eventually.

The good news is that Livia is now more than 96% sold. As of today, only a total of 27 units are left. 3 of them are 3+1 (1410ft2) & the rest 4 br units. The last Penthouse was sold. I heard there was an investor who bought 5 units last week.

When I was there earlier, there was a person considering buying 2 units & a
family finalising a unit.

I think LIVIA should be 100% sold soon. Cheers.

KG Tan
23-01-10, 09:30
97 % SOLD.

3 + 1 BR (1410 ft2) - 3 units
4 BR (1539 ft2) - 17 units

KG Tan
25-01-10, 12:20
98 % SOLD.
3 + 1 BR (1410 ft2) - 2 units
4 BR (1539 ft2) - 12 units

okb1999
11-03-10, 21:03
Hi,

I am intending to get a unit 2+1 and was quote 915sqft 700k midfloor or 720k high floor. Work out to be avenrage 770 per square feet.

May i ask whats is the launch price for this size and any update news when will livia be ready?

Thanks

gohsoonk
14-03-10, 21:32
Hi,

I am intending to get a unit 2+1 and was quote 915sqft 700k midfloor or 720k high floor. Work out to be avenrage 770 per square feet.

May i ask whats is the launch price for this size and any update news when will livia be ready?

Thanks

Average transacted price for this size is about 707psf (will not be liable if decisions are made based on this number :P). Official TOP is Dec 2011.

lele
15-03-10, 17:01
Hi all,

with the recent vision at west coast, guess condo price wlll be push up further. 700+ psf is only can be used as a example, most condo including east side, eg pasir ris had the average psf increase at least 50psf.

Perhaps, government cooling can't help much as if hdb pricing keep going up, narrowing the gap between condo.

One example, if with each DBSS going up around 500 psf and new condo at around 800psf, that would mean near future EC (one in buangkok soon) would be 600-700 region.

Thus it mean more sense for full condo to raise up due to market pressure. Personnel view only, comments / pointers welcome.

Average transacted price for this size is about 707psf (will not be liable if decisions are made based on this number :P). Official TOP is Dec 2011.

BillyCutie
15-03-10, 22:11
With the higher land price, expected higher construction cost (due to increasing foreign worker levy which construction industry is most exposed to) and stricter control over GFA for bay windows/balcony, cost to developers is definitely heading north. It would be interesting to see how these newly tendered lands launch in 2nd half year... and the rest will straight aligning up the price expectations. Wow, what a beginning for 1st quarter year !!

htc206
10-04-10, 00:36
New record !
Heard a 2 + study jus sold at $750k liao !

project-guru
10-04-10, 01:00
Yeah, get ready for Livia2 launch soon...
Will update as soon as I got more info.:cheers1:

Condorich
10-04-10, 02:21
Hi,

Thanks

When you buy, you have to ask yourself whether it is for self stay or investment. Stricter criteria for investments but for self stay, as long as the price is affordable, it is worth a serious thought.

20k difference for mid floor compared to high floor is really not much. I would rather get the higher floors instead if the layout and orientation is the same to speak of.

In today's market, no point looking at what the owners bought as you cannot travel back in time and buy then. You have to ask what is a fair market price and can you accept that price. It is only natural to give the earlier owners some fair margins as you would also expect to enjoy some fair margins when you sell later. Get it?

Lastly, no one can predict the future. If owners know that in future, price will definitely increase, they would not sell to you now or even put it up for sale. The same goes with buyers, if they know that in future, price would drop, they will never buy now. So the most important question to answer now is, what is the market price. Take a bet, you could win or lose as the owners could win or lose too. Its a gamble for both. Gd Luck!

lele
15-04-10, 17:20
As livia was 100% sold back in jan/feb, thus now you could only buy via sub-sales, defintely it be much more expensive than they had brought. I guess seller can sell at least $60 psf more than what they had paid for. Near TOP condo will tend to be more expensive as people could see the condo shape, structure :)

When you buy, you have to ask yourself whether it is for self stay or investment. Stricter criteria for investments but for self stay, as long as the price is affordable, it is worth a serious thought.

20k difference for mid floor compared to high floor is really not much. I would rather get the higher floors instead if the layout and orientation is the same to speak of.

In today's market, no point looking at what the owners bought as you cannot travel back in time and buy then. You have to ask what is a fair market price and can you accept that price. It is only natural to give the earlier owners some fair margins as you would also expect to enjoy some fair margins when you sell later. Get it?

Lastly, no one can predict the future. If owners know that in future, price will definitely increase, they would not sell to you now or even put it up for sale. The same goes with buyers, if they know that in future, price would drop, they will never buy now. So the most important question to answer now is, what is the market price. Take a bet, you could win or lose as the owners could win or lose too. Its a gamble for both. Gd Luck!

marktkt22
25-05-10, 01:17
just curious,...anyon has idea of the next few projects location on the same plot of land..?:)

gohsoonk
25-05-10, 09:48
The huge plot of land is owned by CDL. It is broken up into 5 plots. Livia is on 1 plot. The next one will be launched behind Livia. Hence, there are 3 more plots and CDL can probably time to launch when they deem there is enough market demand.

just curious,...anyon has idea of the next few projects location on the same plot of land..?:)

urban
25-05-10, 12:31
The huge plot of land is owned by CDL. It is broken up into 5 plots. Livia is on 1 plot. The next one will be launched behind Livia. Hence, there are 3 more plots and CDL can probably time to launch when they deem there is enough market demand.

Can they really take their time if the lease is 99 years?

devilplate
25-05-10, 12:46
top up is cheap mah...i heard rumours they acquired the land like less den 100psf...hahahaha

blackpepperj
25-05-10, 13:55

means owners who shift in will have to face construction noise and dust for years since there will be 4 more projects?

devilplate
25-05-10, 13:58
means owners who shift in will have to face construction noise and dust for years since there will be 4 more projects?

but prices likely to move up as well...so get those facing internal pool will be the best la. let ur neighbours shield the dust and noise for u :D

blackpepperj
25-05-10, 14:11
but prices likely to move up as well...so get those facing internal pool will be the best la. let ur neighbours shield the dust and noise for u :D

agree on that.

Livia comes with 2 tennis courts? Quite rare in new developments.

gohsoonk
25-05-10, 17:21
Yes. Dirt cheap. Even sell at 500psf...still make a lot.

Heard that it was initially purchased as agricultural land (FH) decades ago. It was a long process to convert it to LH (residential).

top up is cheap mah...i heard rumours they acquired the land like less den 100psf...hahahaha

gohsoonk
25-05-10, 17:22
True. Certain stacks will probably get it more than others for the time being.

gohsoonk
25-05-10, 17:24
as what devilplate says, top up is really peanuts compared to the potential profit on launching at the right time.

Can they really take their time if the lease is 99 years?

romeo
20-10-10, 21:54
help.. i just bought a unit n wanted to join livia group @yahoo but can't get in..:doh:

gohsoonk
20-10-10, 22:32
Do pm me your email address.

help.. i just bought a unit n wanted to join livia group @yahoo but can't get in..:doh:

romeo
22-10-10, 00:50

Pm-ed.. hope to hear from u soon..

gohsoonk
22-10-10, 09:37
I have given you the reply. Welcome to the group! :)

Pm-ed.. hope to hear from u soon..

KG Tan
25-10-10, 10:05
Good support for LIVIA.

Published October 22, 2010

Pasir Ris EC site draws top bid of $262.62 psf

By KALPANA RASHIWALA

A 60-40 joint venture between NTUC Choice Homes Co-operative and Chip Eng Seng Corporation has emerged as the highest bidder for an executive condo (EC) site in Pasir Ris.

Its bid of about $89.89 million works out to $262.62 per square foot per plot ratio (psf ppr) - just 0.6 per cent above the next highest bid of $89.33 million or $260.99 psf ppr from EL Development - in one of the most tightly contested state land tenders. The tender drew six bids.

Choice Homes and Chip Eng Seng said yesterday that they intend to build an 18-storey, 320-unit project with full condo facilities. 'This will be the first EC to be offered in Pasir Ris since 2002,' they said.

Breakeven cost for the project will be below $600 per square foot, they added.

Credo Real Estate executive director Ong Teck Hui estimates that an EC development on the site could command an average selling price of about $650-700 psf if it were to be launched today.

ECs are a hybrid of public and private housing.

The plot, bounded by Pasir Ris Drive 1, Elias Road and Sungei Api Api, is flanked by Ris Grandeur on one side and Livia and NV Residences on the other. All three are private condos. NV Residences, which has 99-year leasehold tenure, was launched last month.

CB Richard Ellis executive director Joseph Tan said: 'Given that 347 units were sold at NV Residences last month at a median price of $859 psf, there will be a market for this new EC project if it is priced at about 20-25 per cent below this level, given the restrictions on EC ownership, which are similar to HDB ownership rules.'

Other bidders at yesterday's tender included a joint venture between Frasers Centrepoint unit Opal Star and Lum Chang Building Contractors ($251.49 psf ppr); and City Developments subsidiary Sunmaster Holdings ($240.71).

A partnership involving Hoi Hup Realty, Sunway Developments and SC Wong Holdings bid $230.43 psf ppr, while Ecco Development placed the lowest bid of $178.22 psf ppr. Credo's Mr Ong said: 'The tender response for the Pasir Ris site was a shade better than that for a Punggol site last month in terms of price as well as bidder interest. This is probably due to Pasir Ris being a more mature and developed location. Also this is a less crowded sub-market since most of this year's EC sites have been concentrated in the north-east region, especially Sengkang/Punggol.'

The bid price and interest level indicates the bidders' confidence that there will be sustained buyer interest in ECs, he added.

Chris Tan
25-10-10, 17:30

http://www.condosingapore.com/forums/images/icons/favicon.gif
help.. i can't join livia group @yahoo..:doh:
can u help?

romeo
25-10-10, 23:04
woah, it's going to be crowded at pasir ris grove in future, hdb dwellers there will not welcome us..

gohsoonk
26-10-10, 09:40
Pm me your email address...

Interestingly, the group is growing fast now since it is nearer TOP. :)

http://www.condosingapore.com/forums/images/icons/favicon.gif
help.. i can't join livia group @yahoo..:doh:
can u help?

gohsoonk
26-10-10, 09:42
With the developments happening, there will be an enclave of private developments between Elias Road, Pasir Ris Dr 8, Pasir Ris Dr 1. Oasis@Elias is the odd one out though...

woah, it's going to be crowded at pasir ris grove in future, hdb dwellers there will not welcome us..

Chris Tan
26-10-10, 10:59
Pm me your email address...

Interestingly, the group is growing fast now since it is nearer TOP. :)

Hi, I have pm you my email liao. thx!

romeo
26-10-10, 22:39
yeah.. more n more livians.. :D

gohsoonk
27-10-10, 09:30
Livians will be the first to inhabit on that big piece of land...before the rise of the concrete jungle...the landscape will change significantly...

I am pretty sure there will be a string of new businesses sprouting everywhere in Pasir Ris to cater to the group of new Pasir Ris residents...

Doesn't make sense for residents to drive all over the island to hunt for nice alfresco dining over the weekend...

yeah.. more n more livians.. :D

boon127
28-10-10, 22:14
hope there will be a new mall around..and future MRT near Elias

Lovelle
28-10-10, 22:56
hope there will be a new mall around..and future MRT near Elias

there are so many EC gonna launch in Pasir ris , prices around 500 - 700psf. wouldn't it be much better to buy EC rather than Livia at 800psf ?

gohsoonk
28-10-10, 23:20
Actually, timing is cost opportunity. 5 years to open up to resale market is a cost opportunity.

In terms of furnishings, there is a difference as well in general (if you observe)

there are so many EC gonna launch in Pasir ris , prices around 500 - 700psf. wouldn't it be much better to buy EC rather than Livia at 800psf ?

devilplate
28-10-10, 23:27

investors like me cannot buy direct EC mah...

its like y buy resale flats in punggol whrby u can buy BTO at much cheaper prices...

the only EC which i can buy is Eastvale which is not cheap either...
33 Pasir Ris Drive 3 #05-06
99 Yrs From 26/06/1996
$665
$795k
09 Sep 10
39 Pasir Ris Drive 3 #04-01
99 Yrs From 26/06/1996
$692
$760k
06 Sep 10
35 Pasir Ris Drive 3 #03-03
99 Yrs From 26/06/1996