PDA

View Full Version : The Cosmopolitan

zodiak
08-09-08, 21:03
Drove by this today. Looks done. Any idea when it will TOP?

Unregistered1
08-09-08, 23:31
Should be latest by end of this month...

cosmo
10-09-08, 07:52
What is your opinion on this project?

J-Dog
13-10-08, 09:57
Wow, what a nice project , the keys are out now.. Looks very Grand and facilities just great .. Very High Ceilings 3.8M . and location is excellent .. I think this project is quite undervalued now .. can only buy for around 1600psf:)

Not impressed
13-10-08, 11:05
went to see the 3 bedder on sat. the rooms are small, esply one of the bedrooms so small that putting a 1 single bed is a problem. Pretty noisy cos both Kim Seng rd and river valley hv heavy traffic. Not forgetting Construction noise fr Trillium and tribecae as well. the units toilets and some other areas are facing each other.

The furnishing is good, the pool is nice.

J-Dog
13-10-08, 11:23
Actually , go and see bedrooms at Arc@Drycot they are like small compartments .. Cosmo's bedrooms are not too bad . and you better not buy Trillium and Tribeca side due to constraction and blockage .. Buy the ones which facing Orchard and Swimming pool and from 20th floor up , the noice is not so obvious, the view is great.. they are also very windy . I liked the place , very upmarket

Question
13-10-08, 13:26
Actually , go and see bedrooms at Arc@Drycot they are like small compartments .. Cosmo's bedrooms are not too bad . and you better not buy Trillium and Tribeca side due to constraction and blockage .. Buy the ones which facing Orchard and Swimming pool and from 20th floor up , the noice is not so obvious, the view is great.. they are also very windy . I liked the place , very upmarket
So which one and type are you buying?

J-Dog
13-10-08, 18:16
I bought 4 bedroom on higher floor , I think now price is very cheap for that project and with time it'll go back to 2k psf may be 1-2 years , it's only 10 minutes walk to Takashimaya through Leone Hill , Great World, Zouk, Clark quay, Marina bay everything near by .. also great area to rent to expats

Joshua
13-10-08, 18:40
Hi,

Just to share this site: http://www.goviewing.com/thecosmopolitan/ where one can see all the amenities around.

Picture speaks better than words

CCreek
13-10-08, 20:14
how much u pd ?? u jus bgt or bgt at launch ?

J-Dog
13-10-08, 21:06
At launch 3 years ago it was going at $1350 psf , though they paid interest for 3 years , sorry I can not tell how much I paid , I bought few weeks ago , now I will put it out for rent and get 4+% yeild for now , when it goes back to 2k psf I will sell . I think you can buy good unit for 1600+ but go for 07 stack if you are after 4brm it is open concept and has best view and not like 08 which is partly facing the wall .. Good luck

Unregistered123
13-10-08, 22:56
It will go down to $600 psf. So be prepared for a BIG loss!!
Payback time for bad-mouthing other developments ;)

At launch 3 years ago it was going at $1350 psf , though they paid interest for 3 years , sorry I can not tell how much I paid , I bought few weeks ago , now I will put it out for rent and get 4+% yeild for now , when it goes back to 2k psf I will sell . I think you can buy good unit for 1600+ but go for 07 stack if you are after 4brm it is open concept and has best view and not like 08 which is partly facing the wall .. Good luck

buy
13-10-08, 23:34

yes make sure when it go down to $600 psf

and u buy one ok....

K-Cat
13-10-08, 23:56
You will buy at $600psf?
Aiyah! Wasted!

I just sold a Livia unit in Pasir Ris at $751psf about a month ago.
Never mind! I will find another unit for you. Maybe around $659psf. You will like it.

Unreg¡stered
13-10-08, 23:58

You will buy at $600psf?
Aiyah! Wasted!

I just sold a Livia unit in Pasir Ris at $751psf about a month ago.
Never mind! I will find another unit for you. Maybe around $659psf. You will like it.
D9 $600psf.
D16 $751psf.

Somebody is talking cock.

J-Dog
14-10-08, 00:08
I think that K-Cat is a Con Cat , trying to confuse LOL :)))

Unreg¡stered
14-10-08, 00:15
J-Dog is Con Dog.
K-Cat is Con Cat.

You two make a good Con Couple.
Everyday, con con con!

Curious
14-10-08, 00:16
Why you say K-Cat con? Livia sold at $751psf what. Shown in URA. Correct leh.

J-Dog
14-10-08, 08:59
According to him , he sells, sells, sells every project you take "he just sold" "ayahhh" ... if it was true he would have been retired by now sipping some Mohjito in his private Villa somewhere in Miami , but he is wasting his life away here keep saying in every topic "Never mind I will find another one for you" :banghead: :tsk-tsk:

Unreg¡stered
16-10-08, 11:57
Why you say K-Cat con? Livia sold at $751psf what. Shown in URA. Correct leh.
Something is wrong with the people in this thread.
D9 selling at Pasir Ris price?
People in D7 are laughing at you with their $1,871psf.

Private Residential Units Sold in the Month of September 2008

Project Name ...... Locality . Units Sold In Month . Highest $psf . Median $psf . Lowest $psf
Concourse Skyline . RCR ........ 68 ............................. 1,871 ............ 1,592 ............ 1,272

Wah lau erh!
Seow liao ah!
$1,871psf.

windyfoong
23-10-08, 14:32
Hi,
I found one website very impressive and comprehensive,just like an condo directory search engine. I was attracted by its 720 degree virtual tour,transaction chart,elevation,floor plan,ect. Look up urself in more details,then u will know how helpful and comprehensive it is.

http://www.virtualhomes.sg/thecosmopolitan

Fúck You
23-10-08, 15:10
Hi,
I found one website very impressive and comprehensive,just like an condo directory search engine. I was attracted by its 720 degree virtual tour,transaction chart,elevation,floor plan,ect. Look up urself in more details,then u will know how helpful and comprehensive it is.

http://www.virtualhomes.sg/thecosmopolitan
Fùck off with your message posted anywhere. The threads are not rubbish bins for you to dump your rubbish!

oxboy99
20-11-08, 12:17
How much is rental for a 3 bedroom for this development?

I'm looking to rent my Visioncrest out which is in a better location just opposite Istana Park, Plaza Singapura, Dhoby Ghout MRT station.

Want to know my competition... hehe

condowner
20-11-08, 12:55
For Cosmo it s around $7000 per month for a high floor (above #20)Orchard facing.
Personnaly i find Cosmopolitain to be a much nicer development than VisionCrest (I don t owe a unit at Cosmo so i don t really care, but have a friend who stays there n I ve been to VisionCrest before), besides most of Visioncrest units have no view due to Istana and the whole project isn t has modern n luxurious.

kal
20-11-08, 13:48
I do agree, visioncrest looks like a factory to me. Cosmos looks nice. BUT in terms of location, visioncrest is superb !!!

condowner
20-11-08, 18:09
Also agree with u that Vision crest location is far superior to Cosmo.
What is your opinion on Nomu then? location + design?

kal
20-11-08, 20:21
Nomu location is good BUT limited facilities, apt status and low rise. Furthermore, a development next to it coming up soon, got to bear with the dust/noise for at least few years lor.. I personally find Suites@Central (next to The Metz) is ideal in terms of location, facilities and current price.. I like the roof top Arc open terrace, looks very elegant, unique and top of the world feeling... Just my personal point of view hor....

J-Dog
23-01-09, 10:48
Anyone wants to sell ? I can buy a unit on higher floor in this project at S$1,000 psf , quick cash deal .. leave your details

condowner
23-01-09, 14:46
Good luck to u J Dog
FYI Nomu was initially sold around 1200 psf when launched back in 2005.

ahlahdin
23-01-09, 17:33
$1000psf may not get you mid to high floor at Cosmopolitan, but it might get you one of the lower floors. And then its only if owner is desperate to sell.

One thing you have to recognize: buying cheap distress sales units is good, but rarely does a good unit come along for that price. Even in times of distress, the owner is often not dumb enough to sell an excellent unit for that kind of fire sale price. But if you are lucky enough to spot one, then run, don't walk, get it immediately.

ahlahdin
23-01-09, 17:38
And then it is only if you have inside info and access about that unit. Most of these very good and attractive deals won't even make it to the Classifieds. The agent would have bought it himself or would have helped his big or longtime clients get it. Small fry like us don't stand a chance.

focus
23-01-09, 19:56
And then it is only if you have inside info and access about that unit. Most of these very good and attractive deals won't even make it to the Classifieds. The agent would have bought it himself or would have helped his big or longtime clients get it. Small fry like us don't stand a chance.

I think you are referring to the good times. There will be more demand then supply , so the agents and insiders dare to take and resell.

But when we approach the distress selling stage, there will be more supply than demand (that's what caused prices to spiral down).. So even after the insiders who dare picked up distress, there will be plenty of investment grade left for the ikan bilis buyers.

That's why it's a good time to buy during distress times and not good times.

J-Dog
24-01-09, 09:32
Well, I agree with Focus ,
There are no buyers on the market , and realistically it's worth 1000 psf now , due to very weak rental . And the market going to be so,so so oversupplied with 40,000 units this year .. pleanty of choice ! I think might go down even to 900 psf

watprice
24-01-09, 20:43
A 4bdrm High floor unit at cosmopolitan just sold @ $1310psf.

streetcar
15-03-09, 09:49

Any one about the noise from the traffic since the Cosmo is right smack in a busy junction?

thanks,

DW
15-03-09, 13:14
Any one about the noise from the traffic since the Cosmo is right smack in a busy junction?

thanks,

I wonder if anyone have a feel of the fair assessment of what would be the market clearing price for Cosmo now, in current market ?

I like Cosmo's location but I also like Rivergate ("RG") which recently TOPed. Considering the relative strength of RG's facilities, land plot and space within the condo compound (vs Cosmo, which really does not have much of anything to provide - small land plot and facilities are much limited), I am just hoping to seek some views from fellow forrummers on your thoughts on these both.

It appears RG is now asking for 1100-1250psf.
Cosmo appears to be asking for 1300 psf??

How would you see this price gap and what is the market pricing in Cosmo giving its apparent slight edge over RG (assuming the prices I assumed above are correct- of course it could be wrong altogether).

NoodyGirl
17-04-09, 22:31

someone posted on Shareinvestor.com a desperate seller hit at 981psf

true or not :scared-1:

ahlahdin
18-04-09, 02:23
someone posted on Shareinvestor.com a desperate seller hit at 981psf

true or not :scared-1:

ask that someone come here and post lah.

J-Dog
18-04-09, 09:23
Well, I actually would rather stay in Cosmo , it looks more prestige and exclusive , also better location. Hence the premium over RG ppl pay

sltc
19-04-09, 00:35
Well, I actually would rather stay in Cosmo , it looks more prestige and exclusive , also better location. Hence the premium over RG ppl pay
Agt told me that Cosmo 3 bedrm mthly maintenance is $500+ whereas RG is ~$340 (confirmed with Capitaland). Agree that Cosmo architecture looks more grand. But in term of location, I think RG is better due to its quiet surrounding and beautiful landscaping. In term of facilities, RG is of course better. RG is actually only ~5mins walk to Great World City if you know how which wya to take.
For Cosmo, if you were to buy high floor for the block facing The Trillium, pls note that the S'pore flyer's view from the balcony will not last for very long as the plot of land beside Cosmo currently occupied by ERC institute has been designated for residential. Thus expect the flyer view to blocked once another condo pop up.
My advise is that before buying any property, pls checkout URA Master Plan 2008 on the plan for the surrounding.
http://www.ura.gov.sg/mp08/map.jsf?goToRegion=SIN
Hope the information can help you make a better decision between Comso vs RG.

J-Dog
19-04-09, 11:07
Thanks Bro, it is very usefull info to know before buying decison..
According this plan the RG is under "residential with 1st floor commercial" .. How come ? or are they gona put some commercial downstairs ?

The other thing RG is really lacking Gym facilities , such a tiny compartment with a few weight lifting machines for over 500 units not gonna work ..
The Cosmo has a world class gym in there which I like a lot , it's like saving $500 a month on your Gym membership .. and normally as it only TOPed this year there will be some adjustments in maintenance in second year , so I am very sure it will be reduced . My other Condo went down in maintenance 15% on the second year after TOP ..

J-Dog
19-04-09, 11:08
Ohh, and what is "Reserve Site" means in Master plan ?

sltc
19-04-09, 11:39
Thanks Bro, it is very usefull info to know before buying decison..
According this plan the RG is under "residential with 1st floor commercial" .. How come ? or are they gona put some commercial downstairs ?

The other thing RG is really lacking Gym facilities , such a tiny compartment with a few weight lifting machines for over 500 units not gonna work ..
The Cosmo has a world class gym in there which I like a lot , it's like saving $500 a month on your Gym membership .. and normally as it only TOPed this year there will be some adjustments in maintenance in second year , so I am very sure it will be reduced . My other Condo went down in maintenance 15% on the second year after TOP ..
I think you've not visited RG yet. RG has a backdoor facing Riverview hotel. The backdoor has a row of shops (~5) which will be tenanted out likely for restaurants or other commercial use.
In additional to the smaller gym on the ground floor, there is a sky gym in blk 99 fully equipped comparable with Califonia gym on the 34th & 35th floor and with full city view & flyers view !!! You will be impressed by the night view.
If you've seen the pool in the evening, you'll also be impressed by the luminous blue water which really stands out and shine at night.
I suggest that you go on site, park your car just outside River Valley Primary school (along River Valley Close which is a no through rd) and walk round RG and ask the agt to bring up up to the sky gym. Seeing with your own eyes will be better. If you study URA plan in detail, River Valley Close will be further extended all the way to Kim Seng Rd and expect a new hotel to come up along this new road.
Not sure if cosmo will reduce maintenance but since it has lesser units, it will not be cheap. I'm also impressed by Cosmo building when view from far. It really sparkles due to the wise color selection as compared to RG which uses too much metal structure and dull green color. Hope when the plants grow, it will really be a sky garden.
If you've read Mah Bow Tan's speech 2 days ago, it sounds like URA will also be focusing on the S'pore River soon just like what they're doing for Marina Bay.
"

There will be changes taking place within the URA as well, as the agency takes on new responsibilities beyond its master planning and development roles. Having taken charge of the branding and marketing aspects of Marina Bay, the URA will also begin to manage the Singapore River district in a similar fashion."

Hope this information helps.

sltc
19-04-09, 11:41
Ohh, and what is "Reserve Site" means in Master plan ?
I think Reserve Site means URA has not decided what to do with the land yet.

proud owner
19-04-09, 12:19
I think Reserve Site means URA has not decided what to do with the land yet.

so with the shops , restaurants will RG turn into another Anchorage ?

NoodyGirl
21-04-09, 20:16
I think both Cosmo and RiverGate will be headed lower in prices in coming months
The stock market has peaked again
and people are losing their jobs
Cosmo perhaps headed for 1000-ish
as RG due to the rather pathetic lift system it is headed lower, IMHO can hit under 1000 psf

:doh:

latour
22-04-09, 11:38
Nice... :sleep:

I think both Cosmo and RiverGate will be headed lower in prices in coming months
The stock market has peaked again
and people are losing their jobs
Cosmo perhaps headed for 1000-ish
as RG due to the rather pathetic lift system it is headed lower, IMHO can hit under 1000 psf

:doh:

Tumi
22-04-09, 15:44
errr.... what's wrong with the lift system huh :scared-5: ?

NoodyGirl
28-04-09, 16:24
errr.... what's wrong with the lift system huh :scared-5: ?

if u want to rush off to work, taking the lift at RG is frustrating
CapLand extracts a premium from us and has the audacity to give such low quality lifts

ahlahdin
28-04-09, 17:34
FYI, River Valley Close IS a through road connecting River Valley Rd and Martin Road,which goes to MS rd. 1 RVC is Urbana and 2 RVC is The Regalia.

DW
28-04-09, 23:09
if u want to rush off to work, taking the lift at RG is frustrating
CapLand extracts a premium from us and has the audacity to give such low quality lifts

To be honest, I find RG's quality is rather bad. No offense to RG's owners. The grey girders at the sky gardens or the grey metal-netted structure at the balconies of the apartments are quite poorly produced. The grey girders in fact do look at public road dividers or overhead bridge structures/support.... ....

The paintwork on these grey structures are also rather bad. They could have been blast painted or at least spray painted. If you take a close look, it is evident those are brush painted which is typically of public structures. In fact, most HDB and public paint works in the newer satellite towns are mostly spray paint!!

I am shocked by Capitaland considering they sold their units to the first buyers at >1500psf (3rd phase).

octagon
17-07-09, 21:11
Sorry ah quite blur...is the cosmo freehold or 99 year?
how about RG?

Lord Anus
18-07-09, 12:18
cosmopolitan is freehold. pls do not confuse cosmopolitan with cosmo, which is another condo in some godforsaken location.

rivergate is freehold as well.

richardsng_era
07-10-09, 21:05
Dear all,

My clients from overseas are coming to Singapore on Mid October to invest in private residential properties. Cosmopolitan is one of their choice condo.

Their requirements are as follows:

1) 2 bedrooms or smaller;
2) Regular shaped interior;
3) Attractive pricing;
4) Floor Plan required;
5) Interior photos provided will be wonderful

Call me at +65-92993342 or email property details including floor plan & interior pictures to [email protected] before Thursday, 8 Oct 2009 3pm.

patricia
08-10-09, 10:08
Dear all,

My clients from overseas are coming to Singapore on Mid October to invest in private residential properties. Cosmopolitan is one of their choice condo.

Their requirements are as follows:

1) 2 bedrooms or smaller;
2) Regular shaped interior;
3) Attractive pricing;
4) Floor Plan required;
5) Interior photos provided will be wonderful

Call me at +65-92993342 or email property details including floor plan & interior pictures to [email protected] before Thursday, 8 Oct 2009 3pm.
richard, u should go and f*** your m*****. Spoilt all the thread with you stupid f*** advertisement:tongue3::tongue3: :tongue3: :tongue3: :tongue3: :tongue3: :tongue3: :tongue3: :tongue3: :tongue3: :tongue3: :tongue3: :tongue3: :tongue3: :tongue3: :tongue3: :tongue3: :tongue3: :tongue3:

tkc
08-10-09, 13:26
Since the thread was revived (but by agent) I thought I'll just share something about Cosmopolitan. I liked the place until I heard this from a friend whom I met up recently.

He told me it is a nice place but damn noisy, and his gf supported it without any hesitation. I thought maybe low floor lah. Then he told me he stayed on the 22nd fl!!! And they are a young couple, whom I thought might be more tolerant. Any other who share the same opinion? I was looking at the apts there recently.

bargain hunter
08-10-09, 15:00
noisy as in vehicle noise from the cross junction or some other sources? :)

Since the thread was revived (but by agent) I thought I'll just share something about Cosmopolitan. I liked the place until I heard this from a friend whom I met up recently.

He told me it is a nice place but damn noisy, and his gf supported it without any hesitation. I thought maybe low floor lah. Then he told me he stayed on the 22nd fl!!! And they are a young couple, whom I thought might be more tolerant. Any other who share the same opinion? I was looking at the apts there recently.

Mongoose
10-10-09, 16:18

higher floor can be noiser, cos noise propagates upwards.
low floor may actually be less noisy.
i guess noise is from irwell bank/river valley road junction, but s'pore so small, inadvertently will get some traffic noise, unless stay in some private estate

tkc
12-10-09, 13:50
Noise from the road. Funnily, she commented coz they went to this gathering at a colleague's place which is a HDB, and she said that it is very nice and quiet unlike cosmopolitan.

i wonder what is going through these foreigners' minds - cosmopolitan cost millions but noisy, hdb cheap and quiet.

bargain hunter
12-10-09, 14:04
guess they like the air-con all day and like the proximity to orchard road. :doh:

Noise from the road. Funnily, she commented coz they went to this gathering at a colleague's place which is a HDB, and she said that it is very nice and quiet unlike cosmopolitan.

i wonder what is going through these foreigners' minds - cosmopolitan cost millions but noisy, hdb cheap and quiet.

xebay11
12-10-09, 14:22
guess they like the air-con all day and like the proximity to orchard road. :doh:

Aircon on whole day and night can come up to about $800+ per month....that is hell to pay if you include maintenance, plus I don't think it is nice feeling if air con all the time.

Reporter
12-12-09, 01:09
Did you buy then?
If you do, good for you!

The Cosmopolitan
Address ................................. psf ................. Area ........... Price ............... Contract Date
202 Kim Seng Road #33-07 ... $1,846 psf ..... 1,679 sqft ... $3,100,000 .... 20 Nov 09
202 Kim Seng Road #29-06 ... $1,823 psf ..... 1,141 sqft ... $2,080,000 ....... 14 Oct 09
202 Kim Seng Road #12-06 ... $1,727 psf ..... 1,141 sqft ... $1,970,000 ........ 2 Sep 09
202 Kim Seng Road #14-05 ... $1,683 psf ..... 1,141 sqft ... $1,920,000 ........ 1 Sep 09
202 Kim Seng Road #29-05 ... $1,790 psf ..... 1,141 sqft ... $2,042,000 ...... 20 Aug 09
202 Kim Seng Road #34-01 ... $1,858 psf oo 1,399 sqft ... $2,600,000 ...... 17 Aug 09
202 Kim Seng Road #20-07 ... $1,665 psf ..... 1,679 sqft ... $2,795,000 ...... 17 Aug 09
202 Kim Seng Road #30-07 ... $1,600 psf ..... 1,679 sqft ... $2,686,000 ...... 14 Aug 09
202 Kim Seng Road #31-07 ... $1,750 psf ..... 1,679 sqft ... $2,938,000 ........ 4 Aug 09
202 Kim Seng Road #28-03 ... $1,737 psf ..... 1,324 sqft ... $2,300,000 ........ 4 Aug 09

Condorich
12-12-09, 04:36
Times have changed. From recession to recovery.

It's optimism plus risk of severe asset inflation.

Good luck to those who made it.

Reporter
05-01-10, 22:44
Times have changed. From recession to recovery.

It's optimism plus risk of severe asset inflation.

Good luck to those who made it.
Yes, agree with you Condorich.
Just look at how The Cosmopolitan has changed.
It has just hit $1,900 psf!
Incredible, isn't it?

The Cosmopolitan
Address ............................ psf ............... Area ......... Price ............ Contract Date
200 Kim Seng Road #23-01 .... $1,900 psf .... 1,399 sqft ... $2,658,000 .... 18 Dec 09

Reporter
09-02-10, 21:53
Yes, agree with you Condorich.
Just look at how The Cosmopolitan has changed.
It has just hit $1,900 psf!
Incredible, isn't it?

The Cosmopolitan
Address ............................ psf ............... Area ......... Price ............ Contract Date
200 Kim Seng Road #23-01 .... $1,900 psf .... 1,399 sqft ... $2,658,000 .... 18 Dec 09
It's amazing how fast thing can change! In just a 1-month duration, this news is now outdated.

The figure for The Cosmopolitan is now $1,915 psf!

The Cosmopolitan
Address ............................ psf ............... Area ......... Price ........... Contract Date
200 Kim Seng Road #25-01 .... $1,915 psf .... 1,399 sqft ... $2,680,000 .... 8 Jan 09

Reporter
26-02-10, 22:14
It's amazing how fast thing can change! In just a 1-month duration, this news is now outdated.

The figure for The Cosmopolitan is now $1,915 psf!

The last time was 1 month but this time it is 2 weeks.

In just 2 weeks, The Cosmopolitan has a nëw hïgh of $1,950 psf!

The Cosmopolitan
Address ............................ psf ............... Area .......... Price ............ Contract Date
200 Kim Seng Road #31-04 .... $1,950 psf .... 1,324 sqft .... $2,581,000 .... 9 Feb 10

Reporter
09-03-10, 13:34
The last time was 1 month but this time it is 2 weeks.

In just 2 weeks, The Cosmopolitan has a nëw hïgh of $1,950 psf!

The last-last time was 1 month. The last time was 2 weeks. This time it is 1 week.
In just a week, The Cosmopolitan has a nëw hïgh of $2,000 psf!

Can we all say "finally"?

The Cosmopolitan
Address ............................ psf ............... Area .......... Price ............ Contract Date
202 Kim Seng Road #27-08 .... $2,000 psf .... 1,679 sqft .... $3,358,000 .... 22 Feb 10

blackjack21trader
10-03-10, 19:13
The last-last time was 1 month. The last time was 2 weeks. This time it is 1 week.
In just a week, The Cosmopolitan has a nëw hïgh of $2,000 psf!

Can we all say "finally"?

The Cosmopolitan
202 Kim Seng Road #27-08 .... $2,000 psf .... 1,679 sqft .... $3,358,000 .... 22 Feb 10

2000psf looks to me pales in comparison to Horizon launching in Pasir Panjang at 1500psf onwards! If I owned one here, I wouldn't sell at this price. Too bad I rejected the developer sales call to me on Cosmopolitan before they launch. Now I bang my head against the wall every night before I sleep and call out the project name ! :doh:

jlrx
10-03-10, 21:17
2000psf looks to me pales in comparison to Horizon launching in Pasir Panjang at 1500psf onwards! If I owned one here, I wouldn't sell at this price. Too bad I rejected the developer sales call to me on Cosmopolitan before they launch. Now I bang my head against the wall every night before I sleep and call out the project name ! :doh:

You will not be the only one banging your head against the wall. :banghead:

Propertism School Leaving Exam (PSLE)

Read the following two articles carefully and then answer the questions that follow.

SINGAPORE, 10 October 2003 - Singapore Press Holdings Limited today announced that it will be putting its Times House site at Kim Seng Road for sale by tender next week, a move which is in line with the Group’s policy to divest its non-core assets.

It will invite bids on Wednesday, October 15, 2003. The tender will close at 3 pm on November 18, 2003.

The 10,485-square metre (112,859 sq ft) site, strategically located at the junction of Kim Seng Road and River Valley Road, is zoned in the 1998 Master Plan for Residential use, with the first storey for commercial, at a plot ratio of 2.8 and a building height of up to 25 storeys.

Business Times 12 Mar, 2005

Wheelock Prop may make $116m from Cosmopolitan

By KALPANA RASHIWALA

WHEELOCK Properties (Singapore) could reap a pretax profit of about $116 million from The Cosmopolitan condo on the former Times House site, based on the average $1,100 per square foot (psf) price at which it is selling the project at a preview that began this week.

The $116 million profit calculated by analysts is a handsome gain considering that it nearly matches the $118.88 million price ($376.20 psf ppr) the listed property group paid for the site in late 2003.

Propertism School Leaving Exam (PSLE) Question 1

After Wheelock bought over Times House from Singapore Press Holdings for $118.88 million, or $376.20 psf ppr, who banged its head against the wall?

a. Singapore Press Holdings. :banghead:
b. Wheelock. :banana:
c. Buyers of The Cosmopolitan when it was launched.
d. Buyers who rejected Wheelock's sales calls.

Propertism School Leaving Exam (PSLE) Question 2

After Wheelock sold The Cosmopolitan at $1,100 psf to buyers who responded to its sales calls, which two below banged their heads against the wall?

a. Singapore Press Holdings. :banana:
b. Wheelock. :banghead:
c. Buyers of The Cosmopolitan when it was launched. :banana:
d. Buyers who rejected Wheelock's sales calls. :banghead:

Propertism School Leaving Exam (PSLE) Question 3

Which is the most important lesson we can learn from the above story?

a. Times House had its beginnings in the 1950s when the Straits Times Press purchased a vacant plot at 390 Kim Seng Road from Eastern Realty for a sum of S$420,000. :scared-4:

b. The site had a haunting history for the plot was rumoured to have served as a Muslim burial ground before the Japanese Occupation. :scared-1:

c. Times House, a building that once stood at the junction of Kim Seng Road and River Valley Road, was officially opened on 3 April 1958. :p

d. Properties should only be bought. Not sold. Property prices will always go up in the long term simply because paper money will eventually lose all its value. :banana:

raymond888
12-03-10, 11:51
In fairness, this development is beautiful! At least in my opinion :ashamed1:

blackjack21trader
13-03-10, 13:46
You will not be the only one banging your head against the wall. :banghead:

Propertism School Leaving Exam (PSLE)

Read the following two articles carefully and then answer the questions that follow.

SINGAPORE, 10 October 2003 - Singapore Press Holdings Limited today announced that it will be putting its Times House site at Kim Seng Road for sale by tender next week, a move which is in line with the Group’s policy to divest its non-core assets.

It will invite bids on Wednesday, October 15, 2003. The tender will close at 3 pm on November 18, 2003.

The 10,485-square metre (112,859 sq ft) site, strategically located at the junction of Kim Seng Road and River Valley Road, is zoned in the 1998 Master Plan for Residential use, with the first storey for commercial, at a plot ratio of 2.8 and a building height of up to 25 storeys.

Business Times 12 Mar, 2005

Wheelock Prop may make $116m from Cosmopolitan

By KALPANA RASHIWALA

WHEELOCK Properties (Singapore) could reap a pretax profit of about $116 million from The Cosmopolitan condo on the former Times House site, based on the average $1,100 per square foot (psf) price at which it is selling the project at a preview that began this week.

The $116 million profit calculated by analysts is a handsome gain considering that it nearly matches the $118.88 million price ($376.20 psf ppr) the listed property group paid for the site in late 2003.

Propertism School Leaving Exam (PSLE) Question 1

After Wheelock bought over Times House from Singapore Press Holdings for $118.88 million, or $376.20 psf ppr, who banged its head against the wall?

a. Singapore Press Holdings. :banghead:
b. Wheelock. :banana:
c. Buyers of The Cosmopolitan when it was launched.
d. Buyers who rejected Wheelock's sales calls.

Propertism School Leaving Exam (PSLE) Question 2

After Wheelock sold The Cosmopolitan at $1,100 psf to buyers who responded to its sales calls, which two below banged their heads against the wall?

a. Singapore Press Holdings. :banana:
b. Wheelock. :banghead:
c. Buyers of The Cosmopolitan when it was launched. :banana:
d. Buyers who rejected Wheelock's sales calls. :banghead:

Propertism School Leaving Exam (PSLE) Question 3

Which is the most important lesson we can learn from the above story?

a. Times House had its beginnings in the 1950s when the Straits Times Press purchased a vacant plot at 390 Kim Seng Road from Eastern Realty for a sum of S$420,000. :scared-4:

b. The site had a haunting history for the plot was rumoured to have served as a Muslim burial ground before the Japanese Occupation. :scared-1:

c. Times House, a building that once stood at the junction of Kim Seng Road and River Valley Road, was officially opened on 3 April 1958. :p

d. Properties should only be bought. Not sold. Property prices will always go up in the long term simply because paper money will eventually lose all its value. :banana:

Dear jlrx,

I would like to refer your this post in skyscrapercity forum, Property Trends 2010 thread, if you don't mind. I think this writeup of yours is very enlightening and creative. People will have a good laugh there :)

regards,
blackjack21trader

jlrx
03-04-10, 02:04
Dear jlrx,

I would like to refer your this post in skyscrapercity forum, Property Trends 2010 thread, if you don't mind. I think this writeup of yours is very enlightening and creative. People will have a good laugh there :)

regards,
blackjack21trader

Thank you for acting as a missionary of the PROPERTISM religion, spreading the message of hope far and wide. :cheers1:

I recently found another of my posts appearing in the Channel News Asia forum as well, when I did a Google search on the word "PROPERTISM" :scared-4: , must be thanks to the zealous missionaries here who help to spread the message of PROPERTISM far and wide. :cheers1:

Very soon, everyone in Singapore will be converted to the PROPERTISM religion and realise that property prices will always go up in the long term simply because paper money will eventually lose all its value. Hence properties should only be bought and not sold. :cheers1:

EBD
03-04-10, 13:50

So cosmopolitan is built on haunted graveyard? Is this true or even generally known/accepted. Given how superstitious most Singaporean & asian in general are, what effect would this have on resale?

jlrx
03-04-10, 23:14
So cosmopolitan is built on haunted graveyard? Is this true or even generally known/accepted. Given how superstitious most Singaporean & asian in general are, what effect would this have on resale?

Looking at the crowd around Ngee Ann City, Wisma Atria, Mandarin Hotel, ION Orchard and the Orchard MRT, day and night, I doubt Singaporeans are afraid of ghosts :scared-1: .

Ngee Ann City (http://www.ngeeanncity.com.sg/) is a commercial project conceptualised by leaders of the Kongsi jointly with Orchard Square Development Corporation (OSDC) in the late 1980s as a focal point of the Orchard Road shopping belt.

http://www.ngeeann.com.sg/webtop/property/images/new-nac-logo.jpg (http://forums.condosingapore.com/)
The complex sits on land owned by the Kongsi, part of a parcel of land known as Tai Shan Ting, bounded by Orchard, Paterson and Grange roads. Tai Shan Ting was one of the several burial :scared-1: grounds owned and managed by the Kongsi. The cemetery was cleared in 1957 and parcels of land were leased for 99 years to Mandarin Hotel, Cathay Cineleisure Orchard and the Indonesian government (now Wisma Atria). The remaining land was acquired by the Government for a teachers' training college on Paterson Hill, MRT projects :scared-1: and road widening projects. A 10-storey Ngee Ann Building stood on the land for a while before it made way for the current complex. Today, the shopping complex is leased to Takashimaya and its subsidiary Toshin Development Company Limited, and its successful model has been emulated by many others in the region.

Property_Owner here also doesn't seem to be afraid of ghosts. He bought the Orchard Residences which is right on top of the Orchard MRT! :scared-1:

Watch this silly Ngee Ann City ghost movie at YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQOV1So0U0I

bargain hunter
18-11-10, 12:13
why #13-06 so desperate? buy at 1747psf in feb, sold 1858psf in oct. must pay seller's stamp duty somemore rite?!