PDA

View Full Version : The Peak @ Balmeg (D5, Freehold, MCL Land)

Pages : [1] 2

richardsng_era
03-07-08, 17:53
Description: 9 Blocks of 5-storey development with communal facilities

Tenure: Freehold

Total Units: 180

Launch Date: TBA

Remarks:
-The site is nestled amongst lush terrain of mature trees;
-The site is located on top of the hill with good seaview;
-The site is located in close proximity to Telok Blangah Hortpark and the 9km natural ridgeline stretching from Mount Faber to Kent Ridge;
-The site is within walking distance to Future Circle Line Station ( West Coast Station);
- It is only minutes drive to CBD, Future BFC and the much awaited Future Resorts World at Sentosa

Richard Sng
ERA Singapore
HP: +65-92993342
Email: [email protected]
Home Page: http://www.homes88.net , http://92993342.myweb.sg
My Space: http://richardsng-era.spaces.live.com

toaler
03-07-08, 18:25
what's the approx launch price? can keep me updated on this one please? thanks

richardsng_era
03-07-08, 18:38
what's the approx launch price? can keep me updated on this one please? thanks

Hi Toaler

The launch date is expected to be around Q3 2008. Prices are not known yet. It would be great if you could email your contact to me. Any latest update will be informed.

Richard Sng
ERA Singapore
HP: +65-92993342
Email: [email protected]
Home Page: http://www.homes88.net , http://92993342.myweb.sg
My Space: http://richardsng-era.spaces.live.com

st michael
03-07-08, 22:16
hahaha, new launch at St michael Rd from 600psf, 999yr leasehold. Dakoda buyers are fxxking screwed now!!!!!!!!!!!

Kovan
03-07-08, 22:23
hahaha, new launch at St michael Rd from 600psf, 999yr leasehold. Dakoda buyers are fxxking screwed now!!!!!!!!!!!
Haha.... look at the other thread, new launch at Kovan this weekend, 500+ units, 99-year, minimum $900psf, makes Dakota Residences a steal!

UnregĄstered
05-07-08, 16:55

Haha.... look at the other thread, new launch at Kovan this weekend, 500+ units, 99-year, minimum $900psf, makes Dakota Residences a steal!
2 idiots talking cock here!

Wake up! This thread is not for St Michael nor Dakota.

Mickey Mouse
07-07-08, 11:40
Interesting. Any other info? Eg, the size of the units, any defered payment scheme or tie-up with banks for nil interest during construction period, etc...

PropertiesHunter
15-07-08, 13:43
A condo over the hill top.

Prepare to pay around S$1200psf. I heard only the Hill bottom half blocks are on sale at pre launch.

MCL Land is the developer.

I am not Agent. Dont ask me for more info.:)

PropertiesHunter
24-07-08, 11:58
Condo name call

The Peak@Balmeg at Balmeg Hill by MCL Land coming for preview soon.

richardsng_era
24-07-08, 17:41
Dear Valued Clients / Co-broke Partners

Thank you very much for your keen interest in this condo development. Stay tuned for more updates. You can contact, email, PM or SMS me to register your interest. Thanks once again.

TKT
03-09-08, 11:31
Any new update on this project... psf, floorplans out yet?

jt88
03-09-08, 11:51
there is a construction going on on balmeg hill and pasir panjang hill. as the building is somewhere in the middle, does anyone know if the construction is under MCL or Far East site?

Farnie
03-09-08, 19:21
there is a construction going on on balmeg hill and pasir panjang hill. as the building is somewhere in the middle, does anyone know if the construction is under MCL or Far East site?

Its MCL. Guess they are buying time by starting with the construction first and hopefully sentiments will improve and then launch at their desired px. I'm sure they would lov to sell this place > $1200 psf but with so many properties in prime districts that are within $1000-1500 psf, its going to be tough to launch now.

On the other hand, if we have The Parc going for $900-1000psf and Varsity Park going for $800 psf, the developer also will have difficulty pricing it coz once you reach the magical 4-figure psf, suddenly there are plenty of options out there.

I would pay at most $700 psf for The Peak. I know its even lower than Varsity Park even though I feel this is a better location which is why I feel some properties like Varsity Park, The Parc, The Rochester etc are over-priced.

jt88
04-09-08, 12:50
The Peak is at Peppys Road. did u mean 700psf for The Parc? If The Peak is selling at 700psf I will grab! haha

Farnie
04-09-08, 23:46
The Peak is at Peppys Road. did u mean 700psf for The Parc? If The Peak is selling at 700psf I will grab! haha

No, I mean The Peak and I know where it is. I have even gone up the steep driveway to see the model of the estate and the view from the top floors.

I know Grandhill is asking for $1100 psf but for that kinda px, I might as well get 9,10,11 properties. Which is why I say I will only pay $700 psf, ie it must be significantly lower than 9,10,11 properties before i buy The Peak. No way will i pay more than $700 psf to see burning chimneys, black smoke and cranes. As for the Parc, I guess its also around $650-700 psf worth but since the developer px it so high, i'm sure a lot of the buyers are stuck and so no way will they sell at such a huge loss.

05-09-08, 08:34
Its MCL. Guess they are buying time by starting with the construction first and hopefully sentiments will improve and then launch at their desired px. I'm sure they would lov to sell this place > $1200 psf but with so many properties in prime districts that are within $1000-1500 psf, its going to be tough to launch now.

On the other hand, if we have The Parc going for $900-1000psf and Varsity Park going for $800 psf, the developer also will have difficulty pricing it coz once you reach the magical 4-figure psf, suddenly there are plenty of options out there.

I would pay at most $700 psf for The Peak. I know its even lower than Varsity Park even though I feel this is a better location which is why I feel some properties like Varsity Park, The Parc, The Rochester etc are over-priced.
dream on... hahah...

TKT
05-09-08, 10:41
Actually what Farnie stated is not that far-fetched.

Before end 2006, 500-700psf would probably be considered rather expensive for this area. Of course in these 1.5yrs, the run-up in property prices has been almost unprecedented, buoyed by several factors which we dont have to discuss anymore.

The question going forward would be whether these prices are sustainable, given the supply demand equation and the prevailing economic environment and sentiment. It boils down to location, yes... but timing and pricing, are just as important too.

Personally, I wont look at this unless it is below 700psf too or evaluate the situation in 2nd half of 2009, whichever comes first....

Farnie
06-09-08, 12:29
dream on... hahah...

I backup with observations but what have you contributed? With just a simple `dream on'? haha, how constructive :D Can't you do better or the stress is getting on you?

DW
07-09-08, 00:25
I backup with observations but what have you contributed? With just a simple `dream on'? haha, how constructive :D Can't you do better or the stress is getting on you?
Dear Farnie,
I tend to agree with you that I am also inclined to think some of the nearby developments appear to be overpriced, for reasons which are not entirely clear to me as well. For instance, the Grandhill has a total of 76 transactions , as of date March 2008, (total units there is approx. 53) which is more than 50% of them has been resold about once. On the grand scale of 76 transactions, only 3 of them are are above SGD1000psf. A vast majority lies in the region of SGD700-900SGD. The original launch prices of these Grandhill units were in the range of SGD500-600psf. Penthouses went on the lower range. I recently contacted some of the owners of Grandhill and understood some of them was asking for aboug SGD1000psf, and one of the owners actually was asking SGD1.5mio for a 1300psf apartment - which I cannot comprehend why (even after viewing that apartment personally).

If you are still reading this post, apologies for taking a little longer than I should to come back to the Balmeg development (or so I assume this thread is about). My brief views on Grandhill was because I thought it would be one of the closer proxy to Balmeg and thus my initial views and thoughts on the same. I am not sure what would be developers' view on their planned launch prices but, my inclination is that a pricing of SGD1200psf seems to be rather on the high side for both an investor or home-stayer.

From an investor perspective, my tendency is to evaluate the investment from a "whats the next thing I can do" when considering Balmeg. On the basis of the proposed SGD1200psf, that would effectively, put Balmeg in the same arena as Icon (firesale prices are going at this level now), International Plaza and some other likes, in terms of rental yield (purely from a rental yield perspective), the latter would likely to be higher. From a cashflow perspective, one would also have to evaluate the effects of a delay cash flow for a "new built condo" which will only TOP in the later years but yet having 20% of your cash out of the door up front. From a returns point of view, thats why "new built condo" (which will have to wait 1-2 years before TOP) fades in comparison with TOPed condos - this argument may not necessarily apply for investors who are looking to flip their properties. For this argument in point, I have disregard investors buying to flip as an investment strategy, but focused purely on those whom are looking at rental yields.

From a home-stayer perspective, waiting for it to be completed (1-2 years?), makes it less palatable to me as well. Besides, given the current state of matters in the equities market and what appears to be downward sloping properties market, buyers tend to be rather cautious in making a purchase at the risk of being caught in paying at the top end of the market .

On the basis of the above, my personal view (which I do face some dilemma at times, often pondering if a TOPed property should actually be priced higher or lower than a similar location and characteristic property which is not built yet) is that Balmeg might not be attractive if it is indeed priced at SGD1200psf. This said, Balmeg is not with no merit at all. Its proximity to MRT (or so I understand it will be) will be a single major plus point over Grandhill and other developments along the same ridge. Grandhill dwellers have to walk a rather big round to get to Pasir Panjang Road, and a bit further to get to the planned MRT station. I understand Balmeg will have direct access to the planned MRT in future. Further, granted Balmeg will also be "newer" than Grandhill, but for purpose of our discussion, lets just assume if both properties condition would be rather similar (Grandhill, to its credit, I must say is rather well kept as far as I can see now).

Any views or thoughts on how should new launches (which will take 1-2 years before it is TOP) pricing compare with TOPed properties in the same location and similar characteristics, will be appreciated. Look forward to hearing your contributions.

Farnie
07-09-08, 01:49
Hi DW,

No worries and no apologies needed for your post. I certainly agree with your reasoning and I believe even developers are non the wiser. As such they decided to start building first as they also can't believe the quick turnaround in sentiments. 1 yr ago, I think its not impossible if the developer launched @ > $1200 psf and still find takers. However, the `fire sale' sellers are making life difficult for developers in terms of pricing 1 yr on.

In terms of location, I think its quite good because of its proximity to MRT. It is also a larger development than Grandhill and yet not as large as say Varsity Park. Personally I tend to shun developments that has less than 100 households due to maintenance costs in the long run. 1st 20 yrs shld be fine but after 20 yrs, whenever major works need to be done, the costs per household will be quite significant.

At the end of the day, it boils down to what The Peak launch px will be. More than 800 psf, I will definitely bring my money to the East, maybe another MCL development The Esta where owners are asking 900-950 psf. So with some bargaining, I'm sure the px will be 8xx psf. Somehow, I feel even this part of East Coast is superior to Pasir Panjang.

Cheers and happy hse-hunting and do continue to share your comments.

DW
07-09-08, 01:56
I could have read your inference incorrectly. For avoidance of doubt, I am not 007 to whom you might be thinking that I am (just in case you are thinking I am 007).

I always ensure I log in before I post my comments for accountability.

As it disturbs me as being viewed as posting unconstructive and merely passing comments without substance, I thought it would be fair and necessary for me to clear that point.

Farnie
07-09-08, 22:12
I could have read your inference incorrectly. For avoidance of doubt, I am not 007 to whom you might be thinking that I am (just in case you are thinking I am 007).

I always ensure I log in before I post my comments for accountability.

As it disturbs me as being viewed as posting unconstructive and merely passing comments without substance, I thought it would be fair and necessary for me to clear that point.

Hi DW,

no no no, I certainly did not think you were 007 at all. Don't worry :-) Which is why I said pls continue to share your thoughts.

Cheers!

richardsng_era
11-09-08, 16:09
Expected launch date is schedule to be around 1st week of October 2008. You can PM, Call, Email or SMS to me for more information. More than 30 buyers have registered their interest. Hurry!

home-run
16-09-08, 00:44
Site Area : 184,143sf
Plot Ratio : 1.4
Gross Floor Area : 257,800sf
Tenure : Freehold
Total no. of units : 180
Expected TOP : 31st Dec 2012
No. of Parking Lots : 196 lots inclusive of 2 loading lots
Estimated psf : $888psf up

Unit Sizes :
~ 2 BR (PES) : 1163-1259sf
~ 2 BR : 990sf
~ 3 BR (PES) : 1636-1722sf
~ 3 BR + Balcony : 1507sf
~ 3 BR + Balcony + Attic : 1905sf
~ 4 BR (PES) : 1938-1981sf
~ 4 BR + Balcony : 1755sf
~ 5 BR + Balcony + Attic : 2443-3003sf

***SPECIAL FINANCING PACKAGES AVAILABLE!!!***
----->subjected to bank's approval

Expansive view of the open sea surrounded by lush greenery. Hilltop living at its best !!! Located near NUS, Biopolis & Fusionpolis, Nature Parks (West Coast Park, Kent Ridge Park & Labrador Park), Keppel Golf Link, Vivo City, CBD & future Resorts World @ Sentosa. Walking distance to future Circle-line (West Coast MRT). Choice investment, Choice Living!!!

Call our Sales HOTLINE @ 81835132 for enquiries !!!
BOOKINGS for CHOICE UNITS are OPEN NOW!!!

Don't miss out on this Golden Opportunity!!!:cheers6::cheers6::cheers6:

jt88
16-09-08, 09:35
Is this The Peak@Balmeg by MCLLand?

richardsng_era
16-09-08, 10:13
Dear all

The floorplans are out. Call me for an exclusive appointment to know more.

Farnie
16-09-08, 12:15

Yes, looks

Farnie
16-09-08, 12:18

Yes, lets see how is the takeup? This is where we see who are the man and who are the boys.

peak
16-09-08, 13:56
Project Details :

Description : Proposed 9 blocks of 5 storey condominium with Attic, Basement Carpark, Swimming Pool and Communal facilities on Lots 1769X and 4474V Mk 3 at Balmeg Hill.

Official Address : 5/ 7/ 9/ 11/ 15/ 17 Balmeg Hill ( Former Balmeg Court Site - Beside Haw Par Villa)

Total Units : 180 units ( 2 bdrm / 3bdrm / 4 bdrm / 5 bedrm attic penthouse )

Excellent Location

Proximity to Nature Reserve Park(eg Kent Ridge Park,Larbardor park)

Walking distance to Future Circle Line Mrt Station (West Coast Statoion)

Minutes drive to CBD and Future Business Financial Centre

Minutes drive to Sentosa and Future Resort World

Close Proximity to Nus, Singapore poly and other reputable schools

For more details and Preview: Please

email me at [email protected]

Thanks

home-run
16-09-08, 14:02
just went for showflat briefing this morning.
Here are my comments :

=> Finishes look very nice...top quality finishes.
=> Nice Seaview from Hilltop and for specific units, ur masterbedroom is faced directly towards the sea with NS facing. Will be very breezy. If unit is designed into Balinese concept will be very nice.
=> For PH duplex units, masterbdrm occupies the entire second floor hence very exclusive. Overlooks pool n sea view from hilltop.

Conclusion : Very unique development, huge investment potential since not much condos in sg built on hilltop overlooking open sea. Moreover very grand and nice enterance...almost like living in Peak condos HK style. With future West Coast MRT just below, less than 10 mins drive to Vivocity and Sentosa Resorts World, this is an investment tt cannot go wrong. Proximity to CBD is another selling point plus future intl business hubs, biopolis and fusionpolis with NUS nearby. Definitely one of the best condos in the South of Sg when completed in the next 2-3 yrs time.

For more enquiries, do feel free to call me at 81835132 for a non-obligatory presentation today.
Estimated VIP preview will be around 2wks time but BOOKING of units starts RIGHT NOW!!!
:spliff:
Wilson Lim
Orangetee.com Pte Ltd

richardsng_era
17-09-08, 12:59
Prices is expected to be average S$999psf. Call me now for exclusive viewing!

peak
17-09-08, 13:55
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Good news!!!!

Prices is expected to be average S$999psf for the Project.

Dont miss it!!!

Crazy
17-09-08, 14:14
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Good news!!!!

Prices is expected to be average S$999psf for the Project.

Dont miss it!!!

What so good news???? S$999psf cheap meh?? The economic situation out there is so crazy and messy right now, who still got mood to buy?? Some more $999psf!!

Registeredforwhat
17-09-08, 15:33
What so good news???? S$999psf cheap meh?? The economic situation out there is so crazy and messy right now, who still got mood to buy?? Some more $999psf!!

Actually he means its good news because it is $99.9psf but in his excitement he forgot to type the full-stop in $99.9psf

buy
17-09-08, 15:46
Actually he means its good news because it is $99.9psf but in his excitement he forgot to type the full-stop in $99.9psf

99.9 PSf?

you must be kidding

Why not i give you the money

you help me to buy a few units

or not tell me where you staying

how much your house is worth

I can consider because your house might worth

only 99 cent PSF

LOL

peaky
17-09-08, 16:09
or not tell me where you staying

how much your house is worth

I can consider because your house might worth

only 99 cent PSF

LOL

Don't anyhow say my house only 99 cent PSF ok? I stay at Balmeg Hill and my house is worth $99.9 PSF.

TKT
18-09-08, 01:35
In today's sentiments...999psf... GOOD LUCK!

You'll be needing it!

bad news
18-09-08, 07:37
Hope you have made a pile lasy year,
the way the markets worldwide are going, it is going to be a long long winter.
I will not be surprised to see values for high end property drop 30% before the year end.

to richard
18-09-08, 09:09

Richard u better go bac n sell insuranse. Better future 4 u.

Unregistered101
18-09-08, 12:53
NEW LAUNCH NEAR HAR PAR VILLA (BUT TOO NEAR TO THE REFINERY!)

The Peak @ Balmeg
http://i332.photobucket.com/albums/m356/DC33_2008/PeakBalmeg.jpg
The Peak @ Balmeg (formerly known as Balmeg Court) is located in an area consisting primarily of landed properties, townhouses and low-rise apartments on the west coast of Singapore. The site is favourably situated on Balmeg Hill off Pasir Panjang Road, and is characterised by an exclusive and tranquil setting with sea views even from the ground level.

The area is popular with both locals and expatriates as it is well-known for several boutique eateries and shops, as well as food centres. It is also near centres of learning, including the National University of Singapore and the National Community Leadership Institute. The historic Kent Ridge Park adds to the greenery and ambience of the locale.

The site is easily accessible via the West Coast Highway and the AYE. Furthermore, the new underground MRT Circle Line will run through the area and it is anticipated that the proposed West Coast Station will be sited within a stone’s throw to the site. At over 183,900 sq ft, this freehold site is slated for redevelopment into approximately 200 units in a 5-storey condominium.

Location : 5/ 7/ 9/ 11/ 15/ 17 Balmeg Hill (Former Balmeg Court Site - Beside Haw Par Villa)
Description : 9 Blocks of 5-storey Condominium with Attic, Basement Carpark, Swimming Pool & Communal Facilities
Expected Completion : 2012
Total Units : 180
Unit Types: 2 bdrm / 3bdrm / 4 bdrm / 5 bedrm attic penthouse

home-run
18-09-08, 18:20
http://pic4.picturetrail.com/VOL763/11595894/20572130/335010399.jpg

http://pic4.picturetrail.com/VOL763/11595894/20572130/335010348.jpg

http://pic4.picturetrail.com/VOL763/11595894/20572130/335010326.jpg

Hilltop living with an open seaview @ its best!!!
Choice units open for selection now!!!

ONLY 180 UNITS!!!
WILL BE SOLD OUT VERY FAST!!!
Dun miss!!!

For further enquiries, do feel free to contact me @ 81835132 or via email @ [email protected] (http://forums.condosingapore.com/). :cheers1:

buy
23-09-08, 10:43
NEW LAUNCH NEAR HAR PAR VILLA (BUT TOO NEAR TO THE REFINERY!)

The Peak @ Balmeg
http://i332.photobucket.com/albums/m356/DC33_2008/PeakBalmeg.jpg
The Peak @ Balmeg (formerly known as Balmeg Court) is located in an area consisting primarily of landed properties, townhouses and low-rise apartments on the west coast of Singapore. The site is favourably situated on Balmeg Hill off Pasir Panjang Road, and is characterised by an exclusive and tranquil setting with sea views even from the ground level.

The area is popular with both locals and expatriates as it is well-known for several boutique eateries and shops, as well as food centres. It is also near centres of learning, including the National University of Singapore and the National Community Leadership Institute. The historic Kent Ridge Park adds to the greenery and ambience of the locale.

The site is easily accessible via the West Coast Highway and the AYE. Furthermore, the new underground MRT Circle Line will run through the area and it is anticipated that the proposed West Coast Station will be sited within a stone’s throw to the site. At over 183,900 sq ft, this freehold site is slated for redevelopment into approximately 200 units in a 5-storey condominium.

Location : 5/ 7/ 9/ 11/ 15/ 17 Balmeg Hill (Former Balmeg Court Site - Beside Haw Par Villa)
Description : 9 Blocks of 5-storey Condominium with Attic, Basement Carpark, Swimming Pool & Communal Facilities
Expected Completion : 2012
Total Units : 180
Unit Types: 2 bdrm / 3bdrm / 4 bdrm / 5 bedrm attic penthouse

I think near to the NUS is a good catch about it

Westerner
23-09-08, 11:17
999 psf ? A bit too expensive for tat area.
Think soft launch will be v v slow in view of current economic crisis.
Think MCL land needs to be realistic

Unregistered111
23-09-08, 12:41
Propert market is so quiet now..... reasonable launch price should be $750psf lah.

TKT
23-09-08, 16:21
Below 700psf !!! :scared-2:

PA
23-09-08, 21:44
I heard 10 units are sold already before soft launch. Probably the directors

home-run
24-09-08, 20:39
:cheers6: :cheers6: Latest updates on Balmeg new launch!!!:cheers6: :cheers6:

So far close to 20 cheques have been collected and quite a couple of very good facing units are gone.
However, there are still a few gd ones left and the good news is u can secure them even before the ex-owners preview.

To find out more, pls contact me @ 81835132 for a non-obligatory presentation =):spliff:

price
24-09-08, 22:55
hi what is the price range.....

home-run
25-09-08, 00:08
hi price, the psf is from 888-1150 depending on size of unit n type u are keen on.

if ur keen to find out more, do feel free to contact me @ 81835132 for a non-obligatory presentation.
u have nothing to lose but all to gain.
don't miss out on a gd unit...
cheques are coming in as we speak...gd units are booked in adv even before the preview as mentioned.
this shows the mkt confidence in this proj.
definitely a gd investment and nice place to life in :D

Acivilian
27-09-08, 19:19
Sold out soon...Seems like the property market going up again..:)

kal
27-09-08, 19:26
MCL land showroom always very impressive ! :)

C.X
27-09-08, 22:59
MCL land showroom always very impressive ! :)

Agree man..MCL Land showrooms is always impressive..:D

home-run
28-09-08, 00:09
:cheers6: Latest Updates of Day 1 of Preview!!!:cheers6:

Up-to-date, 36 units out of 180 units have been officially confirmed and booked.

So this means that this project is 20% sold even before the ex-owner's preview.

This goes to say that projects with good location still can sell in this times.

For those who are keen to find out more, do feel free to contact me @ 81835132 to arrange a non-obligatory invitation for the VIP preview.

DW
28-09-08, 18:52

Up-to-date, 36 units out of 180 units have been officially confirmed and booked.

For those who are keen to find out more, do feel free to contact me @ 81835132 to arrange a non-obligatory invitation for the VIP preview.

Just out of curiosity. It is customary for ex-owners (i.e. former owners of Balmeg Court) of the enbloc site to have a first right of refusal in their enbloc sale agreement. Subject to the aforesaid not being present, I am just curious how did the developer get around to sell units even ahead of the owners preview (as I understand, based on unverified sources, this was slated to be 3 Oct), to the extent the developer should not release such units available to the public ahead of the owner's first right to such purchase, as I assumed to be provisioned in the sale agreement.

I look forward to hearing from anyone whom might be able to share on this query.

Farnie
29-09-08, 10:49

Honestly 20% sold is no big deal. It will be interesting to see how they sell the remaining 80% and at what price. At the asking px of average $1000-1100 psf for most of the units, I think this project is overpriced. I would rather pay $100-200 psf more for D9, 10, 11 units from sub-sale or newly completed projects. And since these remaining 80% do not command `container, cranes' facing sea view, the views are either other units or other developments surrounding the projects. For such facing, I would rather get D15 units and immediate/soon occupation.

Just my 2 cents.

Unregistered88
29-09-08, 11:28
Honestly 20% sold is no big deal. It will be interesting to see how they sell the remaining 80% and at what price. At the asking px of average $1000-1100 psf for most of the units, I think this project is overpriced. I would rather pay $100-200 psf more for D9, 10, 11 units from sub-sale or newly completed projects. And since these remaining 80% do not command `container, cranes' facing sea view, the views are either other units or other developments surrounding the projects. For such facing, I would rather get D15 units and immediate/soon occupation.

Just my 2 cents.

Truthfully, in today's market, anyone thinking of getting this condo to flip-flop further will likely be asking for trouble.

Now it is purely safer to buy for own-stay rather as an investment.

Curious
29-09-08, 23:37
Do the units come with baywindows and planters? What is the highest floor for the development? Are amenities easily accessible????????????

DW
30-09-08, 00:07
Just out of curiosity. It is customary for ex-owners (i.e. former owners of Balmeg Court) of the enbloc site to have a first right of refusal in their enbloc sale agreement. Subject to the aforesaid not being present, I am just curious how did the developer get around to sell units even ahead of the owners preview (as I understand, based on unverified sources, this was slated to be 3 Oct), to the extent the developer should not release such units available to the public ahead of the owner's first right to such purchase, as I assumed to be provisioned in the sale agreement.

I look forward to hearing from anyone whom might be able to share on this query.

Does anyone have any idea on the above?

30-09-08, 05:43
It's down down down

recession
30-09-08, 08:10
Look at Todays stock price then talk lah, you stupid idiot. Rich man all peeing on their pants. Better sell what you have still thinking of buying or holding your property?

home-run
30-09-08, 11:46
Do the units come with baywindows and planters? What is the highest floor for the development? Are amenities easily accessible????????????

Well curious, jus to answer ur qn...there are absolutely no baywindows in this project which is fantastic...u get ur full size bedroom..

However, the balcony-size is generous...U can make good use of that space however though like planting carpet grass outside ur bedroom...if u unit faces the sea...tt will be quite cool though...if u have dogs...they will have a decent space to roam around.

The plot ratio for Pasir Panjang @ the moment is 1.4. Hence, it is mostly for low-rised condos or apartments. However, as this project is located on a hill, u get pretty decent views like sea view and greenery...u get the exclusiveness and serenity that landed owners enjoy...at the same time, u get full condo facilities to enjoy as well. Lots of water features, reflective pools n greenery around...definitely a nice place to live in. The fact that the future circleline (West Coast MRT) is just right at ur doorstep is an icing to the cake...a sure indication of price appreciation because of accessibility.

Other potential indicators that support this project as a choice investment is that NUS, NTU, the polytechnics are within the vicinity, the future Int'l business hubs are nearby...it's near Science Pk n One North (Biopolis & Fusionpolis)...not forgetting despite located in D05, this location is more to the Southern Part of Sg...u can easily access CBD, Vivocity n future Resorts World @ Sentosa. Location, Location, Location...that's the fundamentals u have to look into when investing in a property. Moreover, this is FREEHOLD land..definitely more assuring.

In my personal opinion, this part of sg is a hidden gem that is awaiting to rise. 180 households is just the right mix n no. Not too many, not too less.
Address is also nicer compared to nearby projects which have the word Pasir Panjang...this address is eg. 7 Balmeg Hill....sounds elegant =)

Take up rate is assuring so far...most ppl who have seen the finishing are pretty impressed...timber strips finishings in the respective bedrooms...natural marble floor finishings in the living rm...n marble finishes in the bathrm...

Hope that answers ur queries ;)

home-run
01-10-08, 00:04
:cheers6:Latest Updates on New Launch @ Balmeg Hill:cheers6:
=======================================
Developer has successfully and officially sold 43 units out of 180 units in 2 DAYS !!! (which is last Sat & Sunday)

Looking @ the rate @ which units are being taken up, this project is bound to make headlines this wkend in the property column in the Straits Times.
This comes as no surprise as buyers are very happy with quality, location and future prospects of this gem in the Southern Part of Sg~~~

Don't hesitate any longer as this project will be sold out much faster than u think it will be for sure!!! If u need a non-obligatory presentation, I'll be most willing to offer that service to u. May all buyers looking for homes in this part of sg find their dream home soon.
I can be contacted @ 81835132.
Alternatively, u can sms/email me @ [email protected] for more enquiries. Will be most glad to answer all further enqueries :spliff:

I've uploaded basically the entire showflat in my website : http://wilsonlimot.multiply.com

You can virtually view the finishings, models from the comfort of ur computer. It's as good as going to the showflat itself. Enjoy n cheers:cheers6:

(sigh)
01-10-08, 00:14
the development sounds really good, but too bad, i just bought beacon heights....(sigh). i wish i could buy another unit at balmeg making it my 3rd property but it will be extremely tight for me. you got a solution?

:cheers6:Latest Updates on New Launch @ Balmeg Hill:cheers6:
=======================================
Developer has successfully and officially sold 43 units out of 180 units in 2 DAYS !!! (which is last Sat & Sunday)

Looking @ the rate @ which units are being taken up, this project is bound to make headlines this wkend in the property column in the Straits Times.
This comes as no surprise as buyers are very happy with quality, location and future prospects of this gem in the Southern Part of Sg~~~

Don't hesitate any longer as this project will be sold out much faster than u think it will be for sure!!! If u need a non-obligatory presentation, I'll be most willing to offer that service to u. May all buyers looking for homes in this part of sg find their dream home soon.
I can be contacted @ 81835132.
Alternatively, u can sms/email me @ [email protected] for more enquiries. Will be most glad to answer all further enqueries :spliff:

I've uploaded basically the entire showflat in my website : http://wilsonlimot.multiply.com

You can virtually view the finishings, models from the comfort of ur computer. It's as good as going to the showflat itself. Enjoy n cheers:cheers6:

home-run
04-10-08, 01:21
the development sounds really good, but too bad, i just bought beacon heights....(sigh). i wish i could buy another unit at balmeg making it my 3rd property but it will be extremely tight for me. you got a solution?

Hi sigh, i guess in my personal opinion, u have 2 options :

1. If ur not happy with ur unit, worst case scenario is not to exercise the option so u can so-called get out of the sale. By doing so, you'll be forfeiting 25% of the initial 5% deposit u have put down. If u have not gotten a bank loan yet still not so bad..otherwise for cancellation of bank loan will incur u an extra penalty charge as well. This move will incur u some losses but if ur unhappy with ur purchase, it's better to cut losses than hold on rite?

2. The second option for u is to exercise ur exercise ur option for the sale n purchase. Then do a subsale. This will take time of cos and depending on how fast this project sells out n whether are u able to get the right price to exit on ur property or not.

I'll advise u not to stretch ur budget.
If u know ur finances are stretched, it's more advisable to stop at the 2nd property then wait for another perfect investment oppportunity to come by ;)

C.X
04-10-08, 10:00
Seems like Most of the unit with seaview all sold out.:scared-5:

don't force yourself
04-10-08, 10:37

Make sure you do your maths. Bank will look at your income and your current outstanding loan (property, car) before deciding on the whether you're successful and your loan terms (10,15,20 or 30 years ).

Also, always ensure that you have sufficient cash/cpf to service at least 6-9mths for your loans.

If you are already stretched, my advise is don't force yourself. Life still goes on with or w/o the 3rd property.

mr funny
06-10-08, 01:21
http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/singaporelocalnews/view/380248/1/.html

Private home buyers cautiously optimistic about Singapore's property sector

By Wong Siew Ying, Channel NewsAsia | Posted: 04 October 2008 2015 hrs

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/imagegallery/store/php6wxZ6y.jpg
The Peak@Balmeg

SINGAPORE: Early estimates show prices of private residential properties fell for the first time in four years in the third quarter. Concerns are that times ahead may be rough.

Still, about one-third of MCL Land's latest mid-range condominium project - The Peak@Balmeg - was snapped up over the last two days during its private launch.

Among the visitors at the launch were Panneer Selvi and her family, who have been shopping for their ideal home.

Over the last four months, they have visited 12 condominium projects, comparing prices, features and home loan packages.

Panneer Selvi said: "We have not made up our mind to buy one, we are checking with the bankers, at the same time looking around for a suitable unit."

Some visitors said they are not overly concerned with negative market sentiments. And with prices of private apartments expected to fall over the next six months, they hope to cash in on a good deal.

Michael Tan, a potential home buyer, said: "I am not plunging into it. Sometimes buying a home, if it's for a home, then there are other considerations other than just pricing alone."

Ronald Wee, a property investor, said: "I do not foresee a slump like in 2003 or 2004. It's just that if you have a good piece of property with a good location and nice view, I guess mid- to long-term is still very promising, especially the IR (integrated resort) is coming up next one to two years."

Wee Hian Woon, a potential home buyer, said: "The market condition is so bad, the financial market is in the news all the time, the general sentiments I think are quite weak, so the feeling is that prices are likely to drop, then go up."

MCL Land said it has yet to decide whether the project will be launched for public sales. The 180-unit project, going for S$1,000 per-square-foot, will be completed in 2011.

Overall, many home hunters are still confident that Singapore will be able to weather the financial crisis and economic slowdown in the US because the country has strong fundamentals in place.

- CNA/ir

CHRONIC FATIGUE.
06-10-08, 10:57
Some buy according to financial ability. Others are open to being practical.

TKT
27-10-08, 16:29
500psf tsunami coming soon... :D

buy
27-10-08, 19:39

yes dun forget once property prices discount

your pay also will be discounted

did u every think of that

deregistered
27-10-08, 19:56
only lousy units left for peak. All seaview units sold out. Also not much amenities around except 18 gates of hell just next door

UnregĄstered
27-10-08, 21:12
only lousy units left for peak. All seaview units sold out. Also not much amenities around except 18 gates of hell just next door
So did you worked hard to buy one? Told you to work hard what, didn't I? Everytime don't listen! See what happen now! Still can't afford one!

RegĄstered
27-10-08, 21:13
I know big crowds are rushing to buy HDB flats at $500psf. But still you don't call that a tsunami what!

URA
27-10-08, 21:20
Private Residential Units Sold in the Month of September 2008

Project Name ........ Locality . Units Sold In Month . Highest $psf . Median $psf . Lowest $psf
The Peak @ Balmeg . RCR ........ 47 ............................. 1,147 ............ 1,011 ............ 854

deregistered
27-10-08, 21:41
maybe u like living near hell but not me
So did you worked hard to buy one? Told you to work hard what, didn't I? Everytime don't listen! See what happen now! Still can't afford one!

old balmeg court
11-11-08, 00:17
My ex-gf stays in Balmeg Court before they en-bloc it. The units next to the old Balmeg Court carpark is haunted. It is up to you to believe me and a number of years back, a boy drowned in that small pool of Balmeg Court. Just search the news archives if you don't believe me. I remember location wise, it is a nice place with nice view except the damn slope up if you are still a student or do not own a car! Which was true at that time when i was still studying.

dtrax
11-11-08, 00:39
http://www.getforme.com/Thingsyoushouldknow.htm

"An 18-year-old youth, Mr Lee Poh Poh, drowned in a pool at Balmeg Court on 27 Feb 2000."

lol.. so is it really haunted?

DW
11-11-08, 00:51
My ex-gf stays in Balmeg Court before they en-bloc it. The units next to the old Balmeg Court carpark is haunted. It is up to you to believe me and a number of years back, a boy drowned in that small pool of Balmeg Court. Just search the news archives if you don't believe me. I remember location wise, it is a nice place with nice view except the damn slope up if you are still a student or do not own a car! Which was true at that time when i was still studying.
Man drowns, friend in hospital after condo swim.
By JULYN KANG.
363 words
29 February 2000
Straits Times (http://javascript%3Cb%3E%3C/b%3E:void%280%29)
English

AN 18-YEAR-OLD youth drowned and his 21-year-old friend is now unconscious in hospital after they went for a swim at a condominium pool on Sunday evening.
Police said that the victim, Mr Lee Poh Poh, was an unemployed Malaysian who was living with his godfather at Balmeg Court, off Pasir Panjang Road.
It was learnt that the unconscious woman, Ms Teow Lay Khuen, is from Mr Lee's hometown of Teluk Intan in Perak.
Police said Mr Lee had invited her and another unidentified woman to join him for a swim in the pool at about 6 pm on Sunday. The three of them had been in the water for a while before they drifted to the deep end of the pool, which has a depth of 2.1 m.
Suddenly, they ran into difficulties and started struggling in the water.
One of the women managed to swim to the edge of the pool and climb out safely.
She told the police that when she turned around to look for her friends, she saw that Mr Lee was still struggling but the other woman was already motionless.
She grabbed two life buoys and threw them towards her friends but to no avail. Mr Lee could not get a grip on the buoy and sank.
Seeing him go under, she started to scream for help and this attracted the attention of another woman - an unidentified resident of the condominium.
This resident managed to pull both of them, already unconscious, out of the pool and apply cardio-pulmonary resuscitation (CPR).
Police said Ms Teow responded to the CPR, and was taken together with Mr Lee in an ambulance to the National University Hospital. Mr Lee died there at about 9.20 pm and Ms Teow was warded in the intensive care unit. She has not regained consciousness and it is understood that her condition is critical.
Mr Lee's godfather declined to be interviewed when approached at the condominium yesterday. Police are appealing for eyewitnesses to contact the Clementi Police Division on 774-0000.

HOLY SH!T
11-11-08, 23:06
Holy sh!t, water ghosts are fierce

GhostBuster
11-11-08, 23:17
Anyone know if the drowned woman survived?
If so, has she and the other female friend of her had given an account of the incident?

Man drowns, friend in hospital after condo swim.
By JULYN KANG.
363 words
29 February 2000
Straits Times (http://javascript%3Cb%3E%3C/b%3E:void%280%29)
English

AN 18-YEAR-OLD youth drowned and his 21-year-old friend is now unconscious in hospital after they went for a swim at a condominium pool on Sunday evening.
Police said that the victim, Mr Lee Poh Poh, was an unemployed Malaysian who was living with his godfather at Balmeg Court, off Pasir Panjang Road.
It was learnt that the unconscious woman, Ms Teow Lay Khuen, is from Mr Lee's hometown of Teluk Intan in Perak.
Police said Mr Lee had invited her and another unidentified woman to join him for a swim in the pool at about 6 pm on Sunday. The three of them had been in the water for a while before they drifted to the deep end of the pool, which has a depth of 2.1 m.
Suddenly, they ran into difficulties and started struggling in the water.
One of the women managed to swim to the edge of the pool and climb out safely.
She told the police that when she turned around to look for her friends, she saw that Mr Lee was still struggling but the other woman was already motionless.
She grabbed two life buoys and threw them towards her friends but to no avail. Mr Lee could not get a grip on the buoy and sank.
Seeing him go under, she started to scream for help and this attracted the attention of another woman - an unidentified resident of the condominium.
This resident managed to pull both of them, already unconscious, out of the pool and apply cardio-pulmonary resuscitation (CPR).
Police said Ms Teow responded to the CPR, and was taken together with Mr Lee in an ambulance to the National University Hospital. Mr Lee died there at about 9.20 pm and Ms Teow was warded in the intensive care unit. She has not regained consciousness and it is understood that her condition is critical.
Mr Lee's godfather declined to be interviewed when approached at the condominium yesterday. Police are appealing for eyewitnesses to contact the Clementi Police Division on 774-0000.

Real Estate Pundit
17-11-08, 14:31
From URA report of September 2008 sale, 47 buyers caveated their purchases.

In October 2008, an additional 8 units were sold. But the units sold now shows 44.

It can only be construed that 11 buyers backed out when faced with 2nd payment of 15% of purchase price.

starrynight
18-11-08, 15:59
Yes, this was confirmed in 1 of the newspaper articles over the past day or so.

From URA report of September 2008 sale, 47 buyers caveated their purchases.

In October 2008, an additional 8 units were sold. But the units sold now shows 44.

It can only be construed that 11 buyers backed out when faced with 2nd payment of 15% of purchase price.

pweesng
20-07-09, 09:03
anyone has any takes on this condo?

I went to see it again last weekend, still in love with it.

1k psf... my gut feel is that it is a little bit on the high side for a pasir Panjang project...

Good units with Seaview are all taken...

oh.. i love those balconies!

tericia
22-07-09, 18:00

1k psf... my gut feel is that it is a little bit on the high side for a pasir Panjang project...

2 units over at the Grandhill are available. One penthouse, one 3 bedroom. Both on extreme sides. Both have full sea view.

i also fell in love with the view, the wind, the air when i was there so i thought hey since there are these 2 units over at Grandhill (agent said only 3 years old), why not take a look.

Well... i was really disappointed at the layout because the place is very small and interestingly, the 3 bedroom's master bedroom is beside the living so both can face the sea. It's weird when guests can see inside the master bedroom like that.

Place very cramp and disappointed me enough to say not worth to pay so much just for view when the place is like that. Penthouse don't have tub in the toilet, but got one open air jacuzzi. Well, i can't really bubble soak in the jacuzzi so i was disappointed that i can't come home to R&R. Also project 3 years old, cuz of the sea air, everything looks quite run down.

So, you may wanna do your own research and check out the place so you can get a better feel of what it will be like staying at Peak (though i know not apple to apple but just get a feel). The agent's banners on the penthouse unit.

proud owner
22-07-09, 20:52
2 units over at the Grandhill are available. One penthouse, one 3 bedroom. Both on extreme sides. Both have full sea view.

i also fell in love with the view, the wind, the air when i was there so i thought hey since there are these 2 units over at Grandhill (agent said only 3 years old), why not take a look.

Well... i was really disappointed at the layout because the place is very small and interestingly, the 3 bedroom's master bedroom is beside the living so both can face the sea. It's weird when guests can see inside the master bedroom like that.

Place very cramp and disappointed me enough to say not worth to pay so much just for view when the place is like that. Penthouse don't have tub in the toilet, but got one open air jacuzzi. Well, i can't really bubble soak in the jacuzzi so i was disappointed that i can't come home to R&R. Also project 3 years old, cuz of the sea air, everything looks quite run down.

So, you may wanna do your own research and check out the place so you can get a better feel of what it will be like staying at Peak (though i know not apple to apple but just get a feel). The agent's banners on the penthouse unit.

there s a PH at Grandhill that from 2007-2008 changed hand 2-3 times ..
if you like the view and breeze from Grandhill .. i suspect Balmeg will be better ..
in fact i have been to a top flloor unit at KentView .. its even better .. i really missed it in 2007 1300 sqft for 900k , i passed on it becos it was original condition but the view and breeze all yr thru is unmatched ..

tericia
25-07-09, 12:06
there s a PH at Grandhill that from 2007-2008 changed hand 2-3 times ..
if you like the view and breeze from Grandhill .. i suspect Balmeg will be better ..
in fact i have been to a top flloor unit at KentView .. its even better .. i really missed it in 2007 1300 sqft for 900k , i passed on it becos it was original condition but the view and breeze all yr thru is unmatched ..

My in laws now are staying at a penthouse. The main issue everyone should consider is the penthouse or top floor is very hot from noon onwards regardless north, south, east, west facing as the sun's beating down on the roof. The air con bill's really high.

Regards

rattydrama
27-07-09, 23:53

Visited the show flat as well. This is a beautiful place to my standard. Judging from the price offered by developer, I believed its on the high side due to the overall quantum around $1.5m. Yet there are still buyers. With this kind of price, these buyers could possibility buy a smaller/similar unit at D11 or even smaller ones at D10 & 9. So obviously, buyer who bought this unit are:

1) own stay since units have bigger sizes.
2) long term investment say 20 years?
3) hopefully the plot ratio will change from 1.4 to 2.1 where there will be en bloc potential to built another 300 units at the peak?
4) The hill is really steep so I am very sure its gonna to be exclusive.

I guess those rich people are too busy earning money so we receive very few inputs from them in this forum. I hope to see more inputs to understand why it really worth buying at $1000 psf or should it be at $850 psf instead? (Sure all grab if at $850?) In fact the developer first launched in 4th quarter 08 and recently in June/July 09. However, there is no change in price still.

Can anyone guess what will be the price upon TOP. :-)

MMOUSE
24-08-09, 13:00
Project Namehttp://www.ura.gov.sg/WebResources/images/common/sortIcon.jpg (javascript:setSortBy('PROJECT_NAME');)Street Namehttp://www.ura.gov.sg/WebResources/images/common/sortIcon.jpg (javascript:setSortBy('STREET_NAME');)Typehttp://www.ura.gov.sg/WebResources/images/common/sortIcon.jpg (javascript:setSortBy('PROPERTY_TYPE');)No. of Unitshttp://www.ura.gov.sg/WebResources/images/common/sortIcon.jpg (javascript:setSortBy('COVER');)Price
($)http://www.ura.gov.sg/WebResources/images/common/sortIcon.jpg (javascript:setSortBy('PRICE');)Land/
Floor Area (Sqft)http://www.ura.gov.sg/WebResources/images/common/sortIcon.jpg (javascript:setSortBy('FLOOR_LAND_AREA_SQF');)Type of Areahttp://www.ura.gov.sg/WebResources/images/common/sortIcon.jpg (javascript:setSortBy('LOT_TYPE');)Unit Price ($psf)http://www.ura.gov.sg/WebResources/images/common/sortIcon.jpg (javascript:setSortBy('PRICE_PSF');)Date of Option Exercised / Sales Agreement Signedhttp://www.ura.gov.sg/WebResources/images/common/sortIcon.jpg (javascript:setSortBy('CONTRACT_DATE');)THE PEAK@BALMEG (javascript:popUp('submitSISV.do?project_name=THE%20PEAK@BALMEG&street_name=BALMEG%20HILL&property_type_code=24');)BALMEG HILLCondominium11,520,0001,507Strata1,009Jul-09THE PEAK@BALMEG (javascript:popUp('submitSISV.do?project_name=THE%20PEAK@BALMEG&street_name=BALMEG%20HILL&property_type_code=24');)BALMEG HILLCondominium11,894,0001,755Strata1,079Jul-09THE PEAK@BALMEG (javascript:popUp('submitSISV.do?project_name=THE%20PEAK@BALMEG&street_name=BALMEG%20HILL&property_type_code=24');)BALMEG HILLCondominium11,897,0001,755Strata1,081Jul-09THE PEAK@BALMEG (javascript:popUp('submitSISV.do?project_name=THE%20PEAK@BALMEG&street_name=BALMEG%20HILL&property_type_code=24');)BALMEG HILLCondominium11,558,0001,507Strata1,034Jul-09THE PEAK@BALMEG (javascript:popUp('submitSISV.do?project_name=THE%20PEAK@BALMEG&street_name=BALMEG%20HILL&property_type_code=24');)BALMEG HILLCondominium11,508,0001,507Strata1,001Jul-09THE PEAK@BALMEG (javascript:popUp('submitSISV.do?project_name=THE%20PEAK@BALMEG&street_name=BALMEG%20HILL&property_type_code=24');)BALMEG HILLCondominium11,566,0001,507Strata1,039Jul-09THE PEAK@BALMEG (javascript:popUp('submitSISV.do?project_name=THE%20PEAK@BALMEG&street_name=BALMEG%20HILL&property_type_code=24');)BALMEG HILLCondominium1997,000990Strata1,007Jun-09THE PEAK@BALMEG (javascript:popUp('submitSISV.do?project_name=THE%20PEAK@BALMEG&street_name=BALMEG%20HILL&property_type_code=24');)BALMEG HILLCondominium11,558,0001,507Strata1,034Jun-09THE PEAK@BALMEG (javascript:popUp('submitSISV.do?project_name=THE%20PEAK@BALMEG&street_name=BALMEG%20HILL&property_type_code=24');)BALMEG HILLCondominium1943,000990Strata952Jun-09THE PEAK@BALMEG (javascript:popUp('submitSISV.do?project_name=THE%20PEAK@BALMEG&street_name=BALMEG%20HILL&property_type_code=24');)BALMEG HILLCondominium11,675,0001,507Strata1,112Jun-09

DC33_2008
24-08-09, 13:29
Visited the show flat as well. This is a beautiful place to my standard. Judging from the price offered by developer, I believed its on the high side due to the overall quantum around $1.5m. Yet there are still buyers. With this kind of price, these buyers could possibility buy a smaller/similar unit at D11 or even smaller ones at D10 & 9. So obviously, buyer who bought this unit are:

1) own stay since units have bigger sizes.
2) long term investment say 20 years?
3) hopefully the plot ratio will change from 1.4 to 2.1 where there will be en bloc potential to built another 300 units at the peak?
4) The hill is really steep so I am very sure its gonna to be exclusive.

I guess those rich people are too busy earning money so we receive very few inputs from them in this forum. I hope to see more inputs to understand why it really worth buying at $1000 psf or should it be at $850 psf instead? (Sure all grab if at $850?) In fact the developer first launched in 4th quarter 08 and recently in June/July 09. However, there is no change in price still.

Can anyone guess what will be the price upon TOP. :-)

Immediate environment to the development is nice but not the view to the sea. Just too risky to be too close to those white tanks out there.

proud owner
24-08-09, 21:27
Immediate environment to the development is nice but not the view to the sea. Just too risky to be too close to those white tanks out there.

in that case ..all the condos at pasir panjang is not worth buying ...

why Parc imperial can be a sold out at 1000 psf and higher ?

simpleman
01-01-10, 01:08
Are there any 2-beds owner sub-selling at Balmeg? Pls pm me your stack, floor/unit #, size & asking psf.

rattydrama
22-08-10, 15:58
Ceavet for 2 bedder is now 1300psf for Balmeg.

Viva @ Vista indicative price is $1500psf for 1 bedder.

Latest Ceavet for Horizon Residence
1 Pasir Panjang Hill #02-04
Freehold
$1366
$1367k
08 Jul 10

43 Pasir Panjang Hill #04-10
Freehold
$1384
$1415k
07 Jul 10

41 Pasir Panjang Hill #04-07
Freehold
$1688
$2289k
06 Jul 10

41 Pasir Panjang Hill #04-06
Freehold
$1522
$1425k
06 Jul 10

45 Pasir Panjang Hill #02-13
Freehold
$1340
$1903k
06 Jul 10

43 Pasir Panjang Hill #03-09
Freehold
$1357
$1796k
05 Jul 10

The MRT is nearer to Balmeg than to Horizon Residence, Parc Imperial or even Viva @ Vista.

Horizon Residence access is via Pasir Panjang Hill sharing with others while Balmeg has its own exclusive access road.

But the 3 bedder of Balmeg is not moving and I suppose the market price is cheaper than Horizon Residences. Just keen to know since its going to TOP very soon.

victorchoo
13-10-10, 16:26
The MRT is nearer to Balmeg than to Horizon Residence, Parc Imperial or even Viva @ Vista.

Horizon Residence access is via Pasir Panjang Hill sharing with others while Balmeg has its own exclusive access road.

But the 3 bedder of Balmeg is not moving and I suppose the market price is cheaper than Horizon Residences. Just keen to know since its going to TOP very soon.

Where did you get your source from that the MRT entrance is nearer to Balmeg? Care to share?

I have been driving pass the area at least once a week and I thought the construction, hence the entrance is nearer to haw par villa?

TIA

http://i55.tinypic.com/2zq77dz.jpg

richwang
14-10-10, 22:34
Ceavet for 2 bedder is now 1300psf for Balmeg.

Viva @ Vista indicative price is $1500psf for 1 bedder.

Horizon Risedence has a back door facing Pasir Panjang Road, so it is as close as The Peak to the MRT. Parc Imperial is just opposite it. So these 3 projects are equally close to MRT. (Viva Vista and Maylea are slight far).

The price difference is mainly due to timing of launch. The Peak was launched during financial crisis. It was $900+ psf. I thought it was crazy price because at that time, I could get $700+ psf in that area. Parc Imperial was launch just when the price started to bounce. The price was $1200 psf due to its MM size. Horizon was launched during The Vision launch period. The price was $1400 psf. (And The Peak re-sale then increased to $1300 psf).

Timing is the main reason for these closely located projects to have the price difference.

Thanks,
Richard

proud owner
14-10-10, 22:46
Horizon Risedence has a back door facing Pasir Panjang Road, so it is as close as The Peak to the MRT. Parc Imperial is just opposite it. So these 3 projects are equally close to MRT. (Viva Vista and Maylea are slight far).

The price difference is mainly due to timing of launch. The Peak was launched during financial crisis. It was $900+ psf. I thought it was crazy price because at that time, I could get $700+ psf in that area. Parc Imperial was launch just when the price started to bounce. The price was $1200 psf due to its MM size. Horizon was launched during The Vision launch period. The price was $1400 psf. (And The Peak re-sale then increased to $1300 psf).

Timing is the main reason for these closely located projects to have the price difference.

Thanks,
Richard

among the 3 balmeg will be my choice project

the fact that it has the hill all to itself is already 1 up ... the land is also bigger ..

Horizon shares the hill with 6 other condos and landed house ...the road up is pretty jam on weekend when the church goers park by the side ..

bargain hunter
14-10-10, 23:53
maybe the size and hence the overall quantum also matters? balmeg has bigger units, hence it could affect the psf on the downside slightly.

Thanks,
Richard

devilplate
15-10-10, 00:36
guyes...dun be fooled by psf...u really nid to look at both horizon and peak flr plans...i did a comparison for both projects 2bedders b4...if only 100psf diff...i will choose horizon actually(if dun mind waiting for 2-3yrs)...at least no noon sun....peak 2bedder i tink all noon facing....i only compare 2bedders...

AND...anyone got a unit in tat area...can hold pls hold until far east release the top flrs at horizon...expecting them to sell above 1.6kpsf for seaview units:2cents: :2cents:

victorchoo
15-10-10, 00:55

the fact that it has the hill all to itself is already 1 up ... the land is also bigger ..

Horizon shares the hill with 6 other condos and landed house ...the road up is pretty jam on weekend when the church goers park by the side ..

iirc, there are quite a few units facing the afternoon sun. was there during one hot afternoon... those seaviews all kena afternoon sun...

scsc
15-10-10, 13:56
Sustainable energy resources.... now we can use sun power than the electric dryer! :scared-4:

proud owner
15-10-10, 21:22
Sustainable energy resources.... now we can use sun power than the electric dryer! :scared-4:

in USA if you harness energy from the sun ..for household use, one can get a rebate from govt ..

in spore .. if yuou use TOO MUCH solar polar .. govt will not allow , i think ..a case where someone covered his whole house with solar panel and got into some kind of trouble

if all use solar power .. Singapore power will lose money big time .. govt sure dont allow ..

while we have the 'privilege' of sun ..and yet we cannot make use of it .. how ironic

Regulators
16-10-10, 04:08
the irony is govt want to make money from us yet act to the whole world that singapore is a green country :doh:

in USA if you harness energy from the sun ..for household use, one can get a rebate from govt ..

in spore .. if yuou use TOO MUCH solar polar .. govt will not allow , i think ..a case where someone covered his whole house with solar panel and got into some kind of trouble

if all use solar power .. Singapore power will lose money big time .. govt sure dont allow ..

while we have the 'privilege' of sun ..and yet we cannot make use of it .. how ironic

richwang
16-10-10, 22:25

In Australia, there are similar incentives. Goverment will pick most of the initial cost for solar enengy.

The good news is Singapore is also changing. We now have buildings fully covered with solar cells on the top. The main chanllenge is the rain. It shortens the solar cell life span. So we need to invent something to catch both the rain and the sun heat. Maybe we need a 5th university to do that. (It should be located in the North?)

Thanks,
Richard

richwang
16-10-10, 22:28
guyes...dun be fooled by psf...u really nid to look at both horizon and peak flr plans...i did a comparison for both projects 2bedders b4...if only 100psf diff...i will choose horizon actually(if dun mind waiting for 2-3yrs)...at least no noon sun....peak 2bedder i tink all noon facing....i only compare 2bedders...

AND...anyone got a unit in tat area...can hold pls hold until far east release the top flrs at horizon...expecting them to sell above 1.6kpsf for seaview units:2cents: :2cents:

If you are considering for own stay. Forget about the 2 bedders in The Peak. There are only 2 rows: 1 facing West with afternoon sun. Another facing West Coast High Way. You can hear the road traffic very clearly. None facing swiming pool.

Thaniks,
Richard

richwang
16-10-10, 22:36

I don't work for Far East, and generally don't like their prices. But for own stay, I prefer Horizon over The Peak.

1) I don't drive. So jam is not a problem for me.
2) The wash room in The Peak is TOO big (2 sinks in each wash room). That's good for real resorts because you might wake up with your partener at the same time and rushing to use it. But for long term family stay, I don't wake up at the same time as my wife.
I prefer to use that space for bigger room, so I can put a desk for reading (or a dressing desk for wife).

Thanks,
Richard

rattydrama
17-10-10, 00:26
I dont have any internal source, I just look at the map and the map does shows that Balmeg is nearer to Haw Par Villa MRT. I think there should be a underpass at Haw Par Villa so it is safe without the need to cross the road.

Where did you get your source from that the MRT entrance is nearer to Balmeg? Care to share?

I have been driving pass the area at least once a week and I thought the construction, hence the entrance is nearer to haw par villa?

TIA

http://i55.tinypic.com/2zq77dz.jpg

scsc
17-10-10, 00:31

u sure govt dun allow:confused: i remember i read on newspaper that excess power generated can sell back to National Grid. Few years back this guy is GM or MD of solar company so he fix his landed roof full of cells for a cost of S$700k+

rattydrama
17-10-10, 00:32
and balemg is on high ground so going in and out is smooth. Besides, next to balmeg is a stretch of matured trees so should be quite breezing. One minus point for horizon hill is that the access road is deep in and is along the main pasir panjang road. Pasir Panjang hill itself is already very crowded right now.

rattydrama
17-10-10, 00:38
far east is selling at 1600psf wor breaking record for west coast area. Personally I am happy to see that. Anyway another small plot of land near to Haw Par MRT just sold at 8XXpsf ppr. So I dont think the price in this vicinity is going to drop below 1000psf. :)

rattydrama
17-10-10, 00:46
u sure govt dun allow:confused: i remember i read on newspaper that excess power generated can sell back to National Grid. Few years back this guy is GM or MD of solar company so he fix his landed roof full of cells for a cost of S$700k+

this guy got approval from the government (NEA). I also read that HDB has installed few solar panels in some HDB blocks for testing one year ago. Since then no news or any update on this project.

for solar energy, one big hinderance is our Singapore sky is cloudy so could be a set back for solar energy conservation.

tats why nuclear energy is more appealing now.

rattydrama
17-10-10, 00:50
to each its own. I prefer bigger wash room cos you won hit yourself against the wall every time you take a bath. And got space for magazine racks.

I don't work for Far East, and generally don't like their prices. But for own stay, I prefer Horizon over The Peak.

1) I don't drive. So jam is not a problem for me.
2) The wash room in The Peak is TOO big (2 sinks in each wash room). That's good for real resorts because you might wake up with your partener at the same time and rushing to use it. But for long term family stay, I don't wake up at the same time as my wife.
I prefer to use that space for bigger room, so I can put a desk for reading (or a dressing desk for wife).

Thanks,
Richard

DC33_2008
17-10-10, 10:35
It is about 300m to the station. How steep is the road leading to condo?
I dont have any internal source, I just look at the map and the map does shows that Balmeg is nearer to Haw Par Villa MRT. I think there should be a underpass at Haw Par Villa so it is safe without the need to cross the road.

rattydrama
17-10-10, 16:28
maybe another 150m from the main entrance of balmeg but its on elevated ground so not suitable for old folks with legs cracking.

It is about 300m to the station. How steep is the road leading to condo?

richwang
17-10-10, 23:25
There are a few MRT exits. One is just next to The Peak. The hill is rather smooth. The entrance is linked to basement car park.

Thanks,
Richard

richwang
17-10-10, 23:30
I've noticed some of you have access to the unit number and the transacted prices. Do you have the history of the transactions. It will be interesting to see the history of

#02-04

I bet it has changed hands for something like 5 times and the agent is making a lot of money.

Thanks,
Richard

rattydrama
17-10-10, 23:32
There are a few MRT exits. One is just next to The Peak. The hill is rather smooth. The entrance is linked to basement car park.

Thanks,
Richard

Where you got the source that it is next to Belmeg? Intersting info. I tot the nearest is at Haw Par MRT and one need to walk thru the under pass to talk MRT.

richwang
18-10-10, 00:19
Where you got the source that it is next to Belmeg? Intersting info. I tot the nearest is at Haw Par MRT and one need to walk thru the under pass to talk MRT.

Apart the map you have is a driving map - not to scale, just to show the directions. I don't drive, so I have the freedom to climb up the overhead bridge of West Coast HighWay, and walk around.

There are at least 2 exits: one next to YES center (that might be the actual train station). Another is at the back of Parc Imperial, so it is very close to The Peak.

They are now covered, but the construction site was huge. So I suspect there might be shops under the ground. ... or it can be an interchange for future. I would guess Science Park 2 juction can be the station for future extension. But that will be at least 10 years later.

Thanks,
Richard

richwang
07-11-10, 19:36
Anyone owning units in this project? When will it be TOP?
It is under defer payment, so I would expect a few owners don't mind to sell it at a good profit when it is TOP.

Thanks,
Richard

rattydrama
14-11-10, 19:24
I read that the TOP now has been delayed to 2Q2011. Yes this is a deferred payment project but I think most bought from self stay. Potential buyer may not have any interest since the asking price is pretty high due to the size of the unit.

Anyone owning units in this project? When will it be TOP?
It is under defer payment, so I would expect a few owners don't mind to sell it at a good profit when it is TOP.

Thanks,
Richard

bobomagic
29-11-10, 13:17
The last update in MCL newsletter (Nov) says expected TOP is ard 1Q2011. Next Update will be in mid Jan.

rattydrama
29-12-10, 22:46
horizon now 1700psf and Balmeg only 1300psf top earlier and yet no takers. Can anyone share why?

41 Pasir Panjang Hill #04-02
Freehold
$1765
$2394k
23 Nov 10

41 Pasir Panjang Hill #04-01
Freehold
$1707
$2315k
27 Sep 10

richwang
31-12-10, 01:13
Could it be partly due to room layout? The rooms of the Peak is rather small while Horizon Residence rooms are relatively big.
... or FEO advertisment? The Peak is no longer advertised by MCL, but Horizon Residence is frequently advertised on newspapers.
... lack of supply? There are about 40 odds units of 3 bedders in Horizon Residence, but there are around 200 units of 3 bedders in The Peak.
... timing? The Peak was launched during financial crisis at around 900 psf (the highest price in that area at that time), but Horizon was launched at the new market boom at 1500 psf. So the profit for the 1st owners are similar (1300 - 900 for The Peak, and 1700 - 1500 for Horizon).

Just read the Austrian School of Economics: Price is SUBJECTIVE.

http://www.investopedia.com/articles/economics/09/austrian-school-of-economics.asp

Thanks,
Richard

hyenergix
31-12-10, 04:38
I'm surprised both are still not fully sold despite being launched for so long and having an MRT nearby. Most likely it is due to the lack of amenities like food center, shopping mall, and vibrancy in the area.

kingkong1984
31-12-10, 05:00
They buy mm,s nearby

richwang
31-12-10, 08:40
No schools nearby. But the Peak is almost fully sold. The price we are talking are re-sell.

Thanks,
Richard

yeo
31-12-10, 08:40
Sorry sidetrack a bit, what you guys think of the capital appreciation potential of Harbourlights, which has more amenities nearby as compared to Peak@Balmeg?

devilplate
31-12-10, 09:06
Sorry sidetrack a bit, what you guys think of the capital appreciation potential of Harbourlights, which has more amenities nearby as compared to Peak@Balmeg?

latest transaction had shown a firesale

68 Telok Blangah Road #04-05
Freehold
$1126
$1030k
04 Nov 10

very good buy...BUT cannot find such deals one....majority asking 13xx-14xxpsf now leh

even for this new buyer....let say 3.5k rental which only gives about 4% yield...decent but not fantastic

yeo
31-12-10, 09:17
Hi DP,

Thx for your reply. Yes I saw that transaction too but then I scroll down to previous older transactions for that same stack 5 and found that in fact this is a 818 sq ft size, not 919.

latest transaction had shown a firesale

68 Telok Blangah Road #04-05
Freehold
$1126
$1030k
04 Nov 10

very good buy...BUT cannot find such deals one....majority asking 13xx-14xxpsf now leh

even for this new buyer....let say 3.5k rental which only gives about 4% yield...decent but not fantastic

Regulators
31-12-10, 10:54
Just curious guy, Does anyone know what Haw Par intends to do with their "villa" beside balmeg hill? I think families living in balmeg hill can bring their kids to the villa for recreation next time :D

mantrix
31-12-10, 11:24
Just curious guy, Does anyone know what Haw Par intends to do with their "villa" beside balmeg hill? I think families living in balmeg hill can bring their kids to the villa for recreation next time :D

Villas @ Haw Par coming up...freehold, beside MRT, unblocked view and near to eateries...:D

Price starts from 1000psf

kingkong1984
31-12-10, 11:41
maybe its due to the 18 levels of hell there for the sale status.

rattydrama
01-01-11, 01:07
peak should be 185 units, majority are 3 bedders with some 2 bedders and 4 bedders and PH. Peak have been fully sold within weeks except the PH.

What I can think of is maybe peak is hidden inside and cannot be seen from the main road at all. Nearer to TOP probably someone will bite since it is selling view.

having viewed both projects, dont see that Horizon Residence has got any advantage against Peak except the Price.

Why buyer not doing homework before buying Horizon Residences? at least a 400psf... looks like horizon is overpriced and there are still plenty of buyers agreeing to this price. I simply cannot understand and I dont mind a smaller bedroom with such huge price difference.

Could it be partly due to room layout? The rooms of the Peak is rather small while Horizon Residence rooms are relatively big.
... or FEO advertisment? The Peak is no longer advertised by MCL, but Horizon Residence is frequently advertised on newspapers.
... lack of supply? There are about 40 odds units of 3 bedders in Horizon Residence, but there are around 200 units of 3 bedders in The Peak.
... timing? The Peak was launched during financial crisis at around 900 psf (the highest price in that area at that time), but Horizon was launched at the new market boom at 1500 psf. So the profit for the 1st owners are similar (1300 - 900 for The Peak, and 1700 - 1500 for Horizon).

Thanks,
Richard

devilplate
01-01-11, 01:23
I rmb horixon was launched at ard 13xxpsf n i actually said its a better buy den peak at tat time due to efficient layout n side gate

bargain hunter
03-01-11, 14:58
think Haw Par doesn't own it. its the Singapore Tourism Board which owns Haw Par Villa.

rattydrama
09-01-11, 10:04
I rmb horixon was launched at ard 13xxpsf n i actually said its a better buy den peak at tat time due to efficient layout n side gate
horizon and peak@balmeg launch at different time frame. Peak re-launched in July 2009 when the market looks like picking up while Horizon launched a year later. Having visited both show flats, not in total agreement with you, both are quite similar but the balcony would probably be too big over at Balmeg if u are not a Balcony person. Balmeg has less publicity and is hidden/tuck away from Pasir Panjang Road, so not visible and probably no one knows of this project. But the psf price, address and on elevated grounds (small hill) should compensate the shorting comings so the price of Balmeg should be higher in my opinion.

Wat I can say is FEO marketing power.

mcmlxxvi
13-04-11, 13:15
Just TOP... The wow view supposed in artist impression now becomes errr view...

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/3628252/the-peak-balmeg

Maybe will be better if taken from penthouse.... .. .

mantrix
13-04-11, 13:34
Just TOP... The wow view supposed in artist impression now becomes errr view...

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/3628252/the-peak-balmeg

Maybe will be better if taken from penthouse.... .. .

the errr view IMO is what view? Can hardly see leh...saw the big ship in the background though

focus
13-04-11, 14:47
Not bad wor.. The place don't looked very cluttered.

Will it be blocked by any devt. in future?

Regulators
13-04-11, 19:24
Condos these days lack in opulence and all the design look so similar. Just went to one north yesterday, building looks just like the peak, parc emily and many other similarly designed condos :doh:

devilplate
13-04-11, 19:51
Condos these days lack in opulence and all the design look so similar. Just went to one north yesterday, building looks just like the peak, parc emily and many other similarly designed condos :doh:
Den u shd go for high end projects.....

Interlace lor.... One of its kind.... Reflections goodie too

Regulators
13-04-11, 19:59
condos like the colonnade will never be seen in singapore again. Interlace is not that bad. I find condos like metropolitan too simplistic in design
Den u shd go for high end projects.....

Interlace lor.... One of its kind.... Reflections goodie too

rattydrama
16-04-11, 01:00
Not bad wor.. The place don't looked very cluttered.

Will it be blocked by any devt. in future?

its on elevated ground so dont think so. internal units is big and no mms, more of self stay.

focus
17-04-11, 14:04
Just went yesterday...
WOW! For $900-1000psf last time, the buyers definietyl got their money worth imho.

The landscaping is definitely good and the whole place is not very cluttered.

And somehow ...the feeling of staying at the top of a hill ... well.. it just feels like staying in landed on top of hill instead of a condo.

Very nice place but $1300 to $1600psf depending on the unit size is too rich for my liking.

But MRT is really 200m.. Walkign distance really.

Very tempted to buy..but alas..no money

jezz
17-04-11, 16:06
I agree this is by far one of the best dev top this yr with nice landscaping n quality furnishing

Wat is 1bedder asking px?

Just went yesterday...
WOW! For $900-1000psf last time, the buyers definietyl got their money worth imho.

And somehow ...the feeling of staying at the top of a hill ... well.. it just feels like staying in landed on top of hill instead of a condo.

Very nice place but $1300 to $1600psf depending on the unit size is too rich for my liking.

dtrax
17-04-11, 16:13
dun think there are studio units for this regular size development

rattydrama
17-04-11, 21:34
dun think there are studio units for this regular size development
There are only 18 units and all facing not desirable compared to the rest. Asking 1500psf for now for 2 bedders. There is no 1 bedder.

Comparing the brochures and the actual built, this is not an overstatement. The club house overlooking the swimming and sea make u feel that you are on top of everything.

Those pics in property guru don't really speak the truth. You got to view it with your own eyes.

The price is still reasonable. Most of the owners are not in the hurry to sell. You cannot get a replacement unit at this price with this view and near mrt.

I think this is one of the under value project.

The unit are almost defect free. The developer really take pride in building this project. I cannot find any obvious defects at.

DC33_2008
17-04-11, 21:40
The main contractor is woh hup?
There are only 18 units and all facing not desirable compared to the rest. Asking 1500psf for now for 2 bedders. There is no 1 bedder.

Comparing the brochures and the actual built, this is not an overstatement. The club house overlooking the swimming and sea make u feel that you are on top of everything.

Those pics in property guru don't really speak the truth. You got to view it with your own eyes.

The price is still reasonable. Most of the owners are not in the hurry to sell. You cannot get a replacement unit at this price with this view and near mrt.

I think this is one of the under value project.

The unit are almost defect free. The developer really take pride in building this project. I cannot find any obvious defects at.

rattydrama
17-04-11, 21:46
The main contractor is woh hup?
Frankly also not sure. Hide one corner never have a chance to see the board during construction stage. Now it's gone. Maybe can ask...

DC33_2008
17-04-11, 22:04
[They work on Capitaland;s project (Interlace) and Keppel (Reflection). QUOTE=rattydrama]Frankly also not sure. Hide one corner never have a chance to see the board during construction stage. Now it's gone. Maybe can ask...[/QUOTE]

devilplate
17-04-11, 23:25
Just went yesterday...

u sure no $$....or jus not willing to pay:D

devilplate
17-04-11, 23:28
no transaction after TOP.....strange....cant sell? px too high?

rattydrama
18-04-11, 00:50
no transaction after TOP.....strange....cant sell? px too high?

project is less than 200 units and its in D5. Not CCR. Is the price still too high at current market?

devilplate
18-04-11, 08:32
project is less than 200 units and its in D5. Not CCR. Is the price still too high at current market?
Quantum too high like ccr

mantrix
18-04-11, 10:30

not just that but buyers, looking at what the owners originally paid, may not be that willing to give them such a massive profit? After all 900 psf to 1500psf is close to 70% price increase :samurai-killa:

stalingrad
18-04-11, 12:40
not just that but buyers, looking at what the owners originally paid, may not be that willing to give them such a massive profit? After all 900 psf to 1500psf is close to 70% price increase :samurai-killa:

many units are for sale for $1200+ psf. that isn't an obscene profit, is it?

mantrix
18-04-11, 12:50
many units are for sale for $1200+ psf. that isn't an obscene profit, is it?

1100 is more reasonable IMO

rattydrama
18-04-11, 13:51

haha, yep this is the main entry barrier.

rattydrama
18-04-11, 13:53

the problem is alot of owners not in the hurry to sell due to low interest rate.

The view is good.

IMHO.

dtrax
18-04-11, 14:10
haha regretted not getting this one.. i chicken out at the preview when it was beside 18gates of hell and there was a drowning incident in this previous condo b4 this was built

focus
18-04-11, 14:51

agreed ! :) $1100 is considered good buy :) Too bad no one will sell at $1100 at this time .

mantrix
18-04-11, 16:37
agreed ! :) $1100 is considered good buy :) Too bad no one will sell at $1100 at this time .

Everyone bullish abt the market nowadays :D

dtrax
18-04-11, 16:53
1100 psf? zhunbo

stalingrad
18-04-11, 17:04
Everyone bullish abt the market nowadays :D

that means trouble and that the bubble is about to burst.

devilplate
18-04-11, 17:20
i am not bullish wor....kind of neutral

rattydrama
20-04-11, 19:52
i am not bullish wor....kind of neutral
If u free go there klkk and let us know yr views (since u viewed so many other projects)

devilplate
20-04-11, 20:05
If u free go there klkk and let us know yr views (since u viewed so many other projects)

ok...but no promise....goto schedule after 1shenton:p ;)

jezz
20-04-11, 20:35
ok...but no promise....goto schedule after 1shenton:p ;)

yalor...go and take some photos and share with us leh...

i really quite like this proj, build on a elevated slope and good finishing. also like the overall design, one of the best looking low rise development!

devilplate
20-04-11, 21:03
yalor...go and take some photos and share with us leh...

i really quite like this proj, build on a elevated slope and good finishing. also like the overall design, one of the best looking low rise development!
Since u like tis project, u shd b the one to do the legwork n make some contribution?:p

jezz
22-04-11, 09:52
Since u like tis project, u shd b the one to do the legwork n make some contribution?:p

just went to peak a view...really good. very windy and higher ground can see tip of the ocean.

good furnishing. pretty wide pool. nice landscaping. very bright and open feel.

devilplate
22-04-11, 11:05
just went to peak a view...really good. very windy and higher ground can see tip of the ocean.

good furnishing. pretty wide pool. nice landscaping. very bright and open feel.

the quantum puts off all the merits....not many willing to spend close to 2mio to buy a apt in D5....i anytime go for landed

focus
22-04-11, 14:35
the quantum puts off all the merits....not many willing to spend close to 2mio to buy a apt in D5....i anytime go for landed

Yes.. I also thinking of buying the 3bedder for around $1.9 to $2mil ..

Loved the place.. and I'm sure the tenants will too :)

But... the $2mil is good for me to buy a small FH landed.

But then $1200psf seems to be ok for FH condo near MRT. But the 2 bedder at $1500-1700psf asking is a little too rich for my liking.

rattydrama
22-04-11, 20:36

But then $1200psf seems to be ok for FH condo near MRT. But the 2 bedder at $1500-1700psf asking is a little too rich for my liking.
There are only few units with good view make sure u get those. In saw ang mo doing house viewing today. I am sure they are keen.

rattydrama
22-04-11, 20:39

Cannot compare in this manner lah. No pool and may not be on high ground n may not be FH.

Can only compare the vicinity projects.

DC33_2008
23-04-11, 08:19
What kind of view do you get from here?
There are only few units with good view make sure u get those. In saw ang mo doing house viewing today. I am sure they are keen.

DC33_2008
23-04-11, 08:41
There is a FH landed corner terrace near Kovan with land area of 3900sqft asking for $2.60mil. It has a plot ratio of 1.4 (ie. build up to 3 storey). 10-15 mins walk to mrt stn. I thought this is a quite a good deal.

mantrix
23-04-11, 09:53
There is a FH landed corner terrace near Kovan with land area of 3900sqft asking for $2.60mil. It has a plot ratio of 1.4 (ie. build up to 3 storey). 10-15 mins walk to mrt stn. I thought this is a quite a good deal.

3900 sq ft? that's big!

DC33_2008
23-04-11, 09:59
It is surely worth looking at. Would have bought it if I do not already have a landed as landed is more for own stay not for rental.
3900 sq ft? that's big!

devilplate
23-04-11, 10:15
It is surely worth looking at. Would have bought it if I do not already have a landed as landed is more for own stay not for rental.

yeah worth it if its buying for own stay.....rather den paying 2-3mio for condos if u need the space

2.6mio not a small sum too....u nid about 1.2-1.5mio cold hard cash to play....:ashamed1:

focus
23-04-11, 10:43

Sianz... I am looking for the rental to cover the installment.
So means I can only look for condo and cannot buy land for rental ?

chiaberry
23-04-11, 10:48
Sianz... I am looking for the rental to cover the installment.
So means I can only look for condo and cannot buy land for rental ?

The yield for landed property is lower than for condos. Somemore if you need to renovate the costs are high $$$ for landed. So yr down-payment plus renovation costs could add up to a LOT of cold hard cash. If you want rental to cover installment, condo is a better choice.

Regulators
23-04-11, 11:48
Land in the central is so scarce it is just a matter of time red light rezoned elsewhere. I think changi village could be next best place for red light.
The yield for landed property is lower than for condos. Somemore if you need to renovate the costs are high $$$ for landed. So yr down-payment plus renovation costs could add up to a LOT of cold hard cash. If you want rental to cover installment, condo is a better choice.

devilplate
23-04-11, 12:02
Land in the central is so scarce it is just a matter of time red light rezoned elsewhere. I think changi village could be next best place for red light.

i dun tink geylang consider central wor.....only rcr/city fringe status....

abundant ccr land at marina bay waiting to be developed lor....dun forget kallang riverside.....one big big piece of land there....i waited till neck long long sia....govt still nvr sell the land there:banghead: :doh:

DC33_2008
23-04-11, 12:11
Hope something good in the concept plan 2011 which should be released closer to the end of this year for this area.

abundant ccr land at marina bay waiting to be developed lor....dun forget kallang riverside.....one big big piece of land there....i waited till neck long long sia....govt still nvr sell the land there:banghead: :doh:

Regulators
23-04-11, 15:17
Even if developer launch new project at kallang plot, you will buy meh? By then the prices will be super high liao

DC33_2008
23-04-11, 15:20
DP has already got property near there to wait for it to appreciate further.
Even if developer launch new project at kallang plot, you will buy meh? By then the prices will be super high liao

bargain hunter
24-04-11, 16:43
that house is facing north west, the land is long and narrow and so is the road outside (which 75 other houses must use to get in and out). :ashamed1: not the type i like but a value buy for those who are obsessed with low psf. :)

sugar
09-07-11, 10:07
i just to view this place.
and i must say it is very nice.
though the seaview is a "full" seaview, it is still breezy.
area is very nice

i heard the haw par villa mrt is opening in a oct 2011.

do you think i should rush to buy a unit now so that it will go up when the mrt opens?

or you think its no use already

rattydrama
09-07-11, 10:51
most people dont know about this project unless they view it. I believed once the MRT is opened, the buying is stronger. Its FH and yet near MRT so there is nothing to loose.

Most of the first buyer are not investor as they bou this before the crisis or immediately after. They are likely buying for own stay.

Usually they will only cash out if the price is good.

:2cents: :2cents:

sugar
09-07-11, 11:43
most people dont know about this project unless they view it. I believed once the MRT is opened, the buying is stronger. Its FH and yet near MRT so there is nothing to loose.

Most of the first buyer are not investor as they bou this before the crisis or immediately after. They are likely buying for own stay.

Usually they will only cash out if the price is good.

:2cents: :2cents:

but it is going for around 1275 to 1300 psf...a bit too expensive for me

and those units without seaview are also asking for this kind of psf...sigh

unless i take the plunge and hope that it will appreciate over 5 years.
but hard to see it selling for 1500 psf in a few years.
do you see it happening? coz i really like this place

devilplate
09-07-11, 12:01

Buy for own stay shd b ok....But no amenities except mrt

Rental yield is vy low...nett yield cfm below 3%

sugar
09-07-11, 12:05
Buy for own stay shd b ok....

Rental yield is vy low...nett yield cfm below 3%

oh how come rental yield will be low for the Peak?

I havent fully research yet...but i thought it being NUS, NUH, One north and Science Park, it will command a high rental yield?
with many expats?

devilplate
09-07-11, 12:11

I havent fully research yet...but i thought it being NUS, NUH, One north and Science Park, it will command a high rental yield?
with many expats?
How come ccr ppty in orchard aso below 3% nett yield?:p

sugar
09-07-11, 12:13
How come ccr ppty in orchard aso below 3% nett yield?:p

haha.....good one

rattydrama
09-07-11, 12:30

anybody's guess....if cooling measures are revoked, then maybe still have hope. :p

can you name me any projects that u can pocket 300psf difference in a few years time?

rattydrama
09-07-11, 12:34

with many expats?

first owner can get rental yield around 3% for vacant unit or maybe 3.5% for fully furnish unit.

anyway, most tenants are Europeans, Koreans working in the near vicinity not necessary NUS. Penthoueses are mostly occupied by Ang Mos.

There is a new road constructed (operational now) which you can get out to the expressway within 1 min and heads towards town.

devilplate
09-07-11, 13:22
first owner can get rental yield around 3% for vacant unit or maybe 3.5% for fully furnish unit.

anyway, most tenants are Europeans, Koreans working in the near vicinity not necessary NUS. Penthoueses are mostly occupied by Ang Mos.

There is a new road constructed (operational now) which you can get out to the expressway within 1 min and heads towards town.
First owners meaning they bot ard 900psf?

So now enter at 12xxpsf, the yield will b?

devilplate
09-07-11, 13:24
anybody's guess....if cooling measures are revoked, then maybe still have hope. :p

can you name me any projects that u can pocket 300psf difference in a few years time?
Better to use percentage gain? 20% in let say 4yrs time? It better be bcoz it only manage to hedge inflation

rattydrama
09-07-11, 13:43
First owners meaning they bot ard 900psf?

So now enter at 12xxpsf, the yield will b?

the pool view & sea view no direct sun no block unit was sold at 1500psf..the owner bou around 10xxpsf.....profit 600k... should be the highest.

rattydrama
09-07-11, 13:50
Better to use percentage gain? 20% in let say 4yrs time? It better be bcoz it only manage to hedge inflation

can also ...then buy smaller unit with less cash outlay... its no end to the comparison...
rental yield should be the standard way to calculate... thereafter the buyer will decide future potential, amenities issue, mrt issue, nr to town issue, rental potential issues, traffic noise issue.

i suspect there will be more mm units built down the road.... and the next you know is the psf going to be higher...

DC33_2008
09-07-11, 15:19
Will not pay that for the view.
the pool view & sea view no direct sun no block unit was sold at 1500psf..the owner bou around 10xxpsf.....profit 600k... should be the highest.

rattydrama
09-07-11, 23:44
Will not pay that for the view.

the buyer is a singaprean so what can we say?

Jadey
11-07-11, 11:47
Problem with that area is that there are no primary schools around that area. Closest is in Fairfield in Dover.

sugar
12-07-11, 18:10
Problem with that area is that there are no primary schools around that area. Closest is in Fairfield in Dover.

is primary school more important than secondary school, jc and uni?

it seems that many people are concern only primary school.
i know enrollment into primary school is based on location

i still cant get over the place...trying to negotiate with the agent now.
they asking for 1.9m for 2nd floor. facing sea but view is limited to it being 2nd floor only

rattydrama
13-07-11, 12:53
is primary school more important than secondary school, jc and uni?

it seems that many people are concern only primary school.
i know enrollment into primary school is based on location

i still cant get over the place...trying to negotiate with the agent now.
they asking for 1.9m for 2nd floor. facing sea but view is limited to it being 2nd floor only

lol try to bring in a cheque to see if owner bite...

sugar
14-07-11, 20:54
lol try to bring in a cheque to see if owner bite...

i told the agent that i am willing to give them a cheque this afternoon if they can give me 1230 psf for a 3-bedder.
rejected..sigh

sugar
14-07-11, 21:27
i told the agent that i am willing to give them a cheque this afternoon if they can give me 1230 psf for a 3-bedder.
rejected..sigh

you guys think The Peak better or Thomson Grand?
looks like i may not be able to afford the Peak

mygeemeel
14-07-11, 22:16
I prefer The Peak bcos FH and 10 mins to Vivo/Sentosa.

I don't like Thomson Grand bcos you are paying for their marketing and it is leasehold.

mygeemeel
14-07-11, 22:17
rejected..sigh

What price are they asking? Size and quantum? Seaview?

sugar
15-07-11, 00:02
What price are they asking? Size and quantum? Seaview?

asking for close to 2 mil.
3 bedder is 1507 sq ft
partial seaview (not great)

rattydrama
15-07-11, 00:41
asking for close to 2 mil.
3 bedder is 1507 sq ft
partial seaview (not great)

if you can up the budget, good to get tbe best unit. I believed there are still a handful for selection. Maybe wait till Aug.. as someone said in this forum...

Jadey
15-07-11, 10:38
if you can up the budget, good to get tbe best unit. I believed there are still a handful for selection. Maybe wait till Aug.. as someone said in this forum...

Sorry, why Aug?

stalingrad
15-07-11, 11:04
Sorry, why Aug?

hungry ghost?

rattydrama
18-08-11, 11:58
Sorry, why Aug?

now coming to the end of Aug, did u maanged to get any good deal? ;-)

sugar
18-08-11, 22:43
now coming to the end of Aug, did u maanged to get any good deal? ;-)

sadly no...haha

prices are still not coming down yet for The Peak@Balmeg
Wonder if the current stock market condition will bring the price down

still in love with the place

stalingrad
19-08-11, 10:12
sadly no...haha

prices are still not coming down yet for The Peak@Balmeg
Wonder if the current stock market condition will bring the price down

still in love with the place

if you are in love with the place, keep it to yourself. or better yet, trash it and talk the price down.

HP65
19-08-11, 11:10
if you are in love with the place, keep it to yourself. or better yet, trash it and talk the price down.

THE TRUTH IS OUT!! You finally admitted it!!

Crappybelle MUST be a darn crappy place for you to keep heaping praise on the project so as to talk up the project for the last 3 odd years. Likewise, you have been trashing every other projects except for crappybelle because you want to exit crappybelle and buy other projects in D10 like Duchess Residences, D'Leedon etc hahaha.

I guess you have succeeded and thus finally dare to reveal your agenda which was plain for all to see :D If that's the case, congrats to your exit but once again highlighted the kind of unwelcomed foreign trash that has invaded Singapore with despicable ethics and hypocrisy!

stalingrad
19-08-11, 11:15
THE TRUTH IS OUT!! You finally admitted it!!

Crappybelle MUST be a darn crappy place for you to keep heaping praise on the project so as to talk up the project for the last 3 odd years. Likewise, you have been trashing every other projects except for crappybelle because you want to exit crappybelle and buy other projects in D10 like Duchess Residences, D'Leedon etc hahaha.

I guess you have succeeded and thus finally dare to reveal your agenda which was plain for all to see :D If that's the case, congrats to your exit but once again highlighted the kind of unwelcomed foreign trash that has invaded Singapore with despicable ethics and hypocrisy!

relax, man. I am still living in the condo that you lovingly called Crabbybelle. And I am not buying neither Duchess residences, nor D'leedon nor Ardmore Park.

I am going to get loaded up on some nice properties in San Francisco and Denver. My kids will go to school there.

SpinCity
19-08-11, 11:29
relax, man. I am still living in the condo that you lovingly called Crabbybelle. And I am not buying neither Duchess residences, nor D'leedon nor Ardmore Park.

I am going to get loaded up on some nice properties in San Francisco and Denver. My kids will go to school there.

Is that why you trash US economy and hope to talk down the property price there?

stalingrad
19-08-11, 12:18
Is that why you trash US economy and hope to talk down the property price there?

thank you for thinking that I am so powerful.

SpinCity
19-08-11, 12:59
thank you for thinking that I am so powerful.

actually, I am thinking you are self-contradictory
anyway, as long as you feel good, I am fine with it

richwang
20-08-11, 21:55
$ 1,920,000 1,711 sqft 1,122 psf Aug-11
$ 1,950,000 1,711 sqft 1,139 psf Aug-11
$ 2,430,000 1,755 sqft 1,385 psf Jul-11
$ 2,780,000 1,948 sqft 1,427 psf Jul-11

Good to see the price is coming down to S$11xx psf now. But still close to 2M for total cost!

Thanks,
Richard

hyenergix
20-08-11, 21:59
THE PEAK@BALMEG BALMEG HILL Condominium 1 1,920,000 1,711 Strata 1,122 Aug-11 THE PEAK@BALMEG BALMEG HILL Condominium 1 1,950,000 1,711 Strata 1,139 Aug-11 THE PEAK@BALMEG BALMEG HILL Condominium 1 2,430,000 1,755 Strata 1,385 Jul-11 THE PEAK@BALMEG BALMEG HILL Condominium 1 2,780,000 1,948 Strata 1,427 Jul-11

Good to see the price is coming down to S$11xx psf now. But still close to 2M for total cost!

Thanks,
Richard

This project is selling 'sea' view on top of a hill. I believe the psf depends strongly on the floor level and view. The lower psf may not give an accurate picture.

rattydrama
23-08-11, 23:09
Some ground floor units facing shielded underground carpark. But it is next to pool n no noon sun. Not exactly lousy but still big big quantum.

This could be the only freehold projects that is nearest to underground mrt.

sugar
23-08-11, 23:16
Some ground floor units facing shielded underground carpark. But it is next to pool n no noon sun. Not exactly lousy but still big big quantum.

This could be the only freehold projects that is nearest to underground mrt.

need your opinion.
eyeing 2 units...

1st is on 4th floor (max is 5 floors) and facing garden
2nd is 2nd floor and facing sea (but due to low floor, can only see partial sea)

which one is better? assumuming same price

mygeemeel
23-08-11, 23:21
need your opinion.
eyeing 2 units...

2nd is 2nd floor and facing sea (but due to low floor, can only see partial sea)

I'd choose garden view since sea view is only partial.

stalingrad
24-08-11, 12:13
need your opinion.
eyeing 2 units...

me too. there is actually no sea view. it is more like a rusty tanker view.

DC33_2008
24-08-11, 12:31
Is it worth it?
me too. there is actually no sea view. it is more like a rusty tanker view.

devilplate
24-08-11, 13:47
Is it worth it?
To each his own

mygeemeel
24-08-11, 15:46
If he rephrase his question, i would say no worth buy if no seaview. When you wanna sell, the new buyers will also ask the same question. There would be alot of stress. :2cents:

stalingrad
24-08-11, 16:42
To each his own
that is right. it is worth it if you for one reason or another like to see rusty tankers.

some people even prefer to live right next to MRT tracks; they just like to live in a noisy environment; the noisier, the better they sleep. and some people prefer to live next door to graveyards; they happen to enjoy making friends with ghosts.

Not me though, and not normal persons.

rattydrama
25-08-11, 06:21
I'd choose garden view since sea view is only partial.
Is it direct sea view? Sea view will have pool view with no afternoon or morning sun but I doubt the price will be same as garden view.

Garden view facing neighbor as well?

sugar
25-08-11, 19:34
Is it direct sea view? Sea view will have pool view with no afternoon or morning sun but I doubt the price will be same as garden view.

Garden view facing neighbor as well?

yea garden view is facing the neighbours as well.

the seaview one is direct view to the sea. but there are some trees blocking slightly and it being the 2nd floor, the view is not good.
it only has partial view of the baby pool

so you think which will be more worth it?

rattydrama
25-08-11, 22:11
yea garden view is facing the neighbours as well.

the seaview one is direct view to the sea. but there are some trees blocking slightly and it being the 2nd floor, the view is not good.
it only has partial view of the baby pool

so you think which will be more worth it?

I would go for sea view facing as I think the overall view is better with huge frontage, there is better cross ventilation plus it is on higher ground as compared to the rest.

Garden view don't mind but there are many for selection so not to yr advantage if u wanna sell.

DC33_2008
28-09-11, 20:15
Smoke was bellowing when the Shell oil refinery on Pulau Bukom caught fire. I realised how near was bukom from pasir panjang.

hyenergix
28-09-11, 21:50
Smoke was bellowing when the Shell oil refinery on Pulau Bukom caught fire. I realised how near was bukom from pasir panjang.

Interesting news. Unauthorised hot work near the pipelines or static electricity? The refineries are at Jurong Island and Bukom for a reason. The only odd one out is ExxonMobil at Jurong. Here's a more detailed news.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/09/28/us-shell-refinery-fire-idUSTRE78R2B420110928

mantrix
28-09-11, 21:59
Still, I dun think there will be any firesales leh (pardon the pun) :D

DC33_2008
29-09-11, 09:19
Fire and Smoke!!! It is just 5 km from pasir panjang.

http://imcmsimages.mediacorp.sg/cmsfileserver/showimageCC.aspx?h=247&w=370&auto=Y&f=1750&img=1750_498527.jpg

Still, I dun think there will be any firesales leh (pardon the pun) :D

gn108
29-09-11, 09:42
haze is very thick this morning - all the way from Bukom?

DC33_2008
29-09-11, 09:55
BTW, the chimneys at Bukom and Jurong islands are flaring all the time. This is just a large puff with more intense smoke. :hell-hath-no-fury:
haze is very thick this morning - all the way from Bukom?

gn108
29-09-11, 10:03
Couldn't smell anything though - unlike the normal Indon haze.
Must be very good distillates burning...not the heavy sulfur stuff.
No casulties - so that's good.

BTW, the chimneys at Bukom and Jurong islands are flaring all the time. This is just a large puff with more intense smoke. :hell-hath-no-fury:

DC33_2008
29-09-11, 13:26
Thought SCDF has extinguished the fire but news just reported ann explosion happened in noon time today. Smoke is denser than yesterday. Not sure what Shell Chairman got to say now.

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/imagegallery/store/phpnJ9D7o.jpg

reuters
29-09-11, 22:03
Thought SCDF has extinguished the fire but news just reported ann explosion happened in noon time today. Smoke is denser than yesterday. Not sure what Shell Chairman got to say now.

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/imagegallery/store/phpnJ9D7o.jpg

Oh no, looks very bad! Won't the buildings in this area be affected by the blast? So dangerous! Singapore is too small to have such mishaps!

hyenergix
29-09-11, 22:15
A worse fire happened at another refinery close to 30 years ago.

mantrix
30-09-11, 09:01
A worse fire happened at another refinery close to 30 years ago.

30 years ago hardly any residential buildings in that area

mantrix
30-09-11, 09:23
fire extinguished....all is safe :cheers6:

DC33_2008
30-09-11, 09:41
Oil refinery is not so bad when you look at chemical plants on Jurong Island. JI is a time-bomb.
fire extinguished....all is safe :cheers6:

hopeful
30-09-11, 09:53
Oil refinery is not so bad when you look at chemical plants on Jurong Island. JI is a time-bomb.

Meaning JI is reachable from Batam?
isnt that why your Government building the equivalent of US Strategic Petroleum Reserves beneath the seabed?

rattydrama
25-10-11, 15:08
Oct 2011
THE PEAK@BALMEG BALMEG HILL
Condominium
2,637sqft
1,480psf

:scared-1:

dtrax
25-10-11, 17:03
THE PEAK@BALMEG 9 Balmeg Hill #05-09 1 245 Strata 3,902,760 15930 1480 07-OCT-2011 Condominium Freehold 2011 Sub Sale Private 05 11 119915 Central Region Queensto

rattydrama
25-10-11, 19:32
THE PEAK@BALMEG 9 Balmeg Hill #05-09 1 245 Strata 3,902,760 15930 1480 07-OCT-2011 Condominium Freehold 2011 Sub Sale Private 05 11 119915 Central Region Queensto
Smelly smelly 1.2m profit within 2 year.. :scared-5:

dtrax
25-10-11, 19:40
DAMN SMELLY

THE PEAK@BALMEG 9 Balmeg Hill #05-09 1 245 Strata 3,902,760 15930 1480 07-OCT-2011 Condominium Freehold 2011 Sub Sale Private 05 11 119915 Central Region
THE PEAK@BALMEG 9 Balmeg Hill #05-09 1 245 Strata 2,864,000 11690 1086 30-OCT-2008 Condominium Freehold Uncompleted New Sale Private 05 11 119915 Central Region

1.03mil in 3yrs