PDA

View Full Version : Regentville in Hougang

ksoon106
31-03-09, 00:20
Anyone stay in Regentville? Can you share how is the environment there?

I noticed the selling price in Regentville is slightly cheaper than other area. Do you know why?

Thxs.

Kenshinto80
12-04-09, 15:39

I noticed the selling price in Regentville is slightly cheaper than other area. Do you know why?

Thxs.

I got a good friend staying there. Went to visit her there a few years back. Just opposite NTUC Fairprice Mega Mall at Hougang Point. So very convenient. Used to have bus services to MRTs....but dunno the current MCST stilll got maintain it. Quite beautiful function room and other facilities. If you can get a 3 bedroom below $600K there, guess should be quite good deal.

Some people say one bad point is no undergound carpark....multi storey carpark design and living space wise too compact. I think it is a good place to live in tot my friend told me never to buy one resales unit there......haha.

sls1973
09-08-09, 15:13
Just brought a unit there....Before I sign on the line, notice that alot of people going round there looking for units, therefore feel that this developement still very competitive. I can say is developement not bad as the price that compare to other area is relatively cheaper. But I do agree that the MSCP is the only disappointment, but no choice la....money speak louder then very thing. But overall still a very present place. Before I forget, maybe someone tell me that what is the maintanence fee?

Honesty
09-08-09, 20:39
Just brought a unit there....Before I sign on the line, notice that alot of people going round there looking for units, therefore feel that this developement still very competitive. I can say is developement not bad as the price that compare to other area is relatively cheaper. But I do agree that the MSCP is the only disappointment, but no choice la....money speak louder then very thing. But overall still a very present place. Before I forget, maybe someone tell me that what is the maintanence fee?

Sorry, what do you mean by MSCP?

I asked an agent before few month ago, i think is $250.00 per month.

May i ask how much did you paid for it?

Nice place, I almost bought it.

sls1973
10-08-09, 18:59
Hi, MSCP is multi storey car park which I don't like about it. My purchase is 630k a high flr, not a high price I assume for currently property boom time.....Or anyone who got a good offer???? Please share

Honesty
10-08-09, 20:50
Hi, MSCP is multi storey car park which I don't like about it. My purchase is 630k a high flr, not a high price I assume for currently property boom time.....Or anyone who got a good offer???? Please share

Thanks, I think is good price, I saw some already ask for $680k to $700K.

sls1973
11-08-09, 10:02
I hope so, never robert by the agent too much..... Anyone just brought a unit there, maybe would like to share the price you have purchase.....:)

coolman
18-09-09, 10:47
I hope so, never robert by the agent too much..... Anyone just brought a unit there, maybe would like to share the price you have purchase.....:)

Hi sls1973,

Recently, just bought one unit (3 bedrooms, 100sqm), mid-floor at 620K. So we are new neighbours : )

coolman
18-09-09, 10:50
Any residents care to share ur opinion on Regentville? other than the MSCP. How's the maintenance and security there?

KarenK
18-09-09, 10:56
Any residents care to share ur opinion on Regentville? other than the MSCP. How's the maintenance and security there?

my SIL has been staying there for 10 years since it TOP. she complains abt the numerous Filipino tenants (coz nobody else wants to rent the apts there) and also that the usage of the swimming pool is not very well monitored. the swimming instructor on the pretext of teaching the kids in the condo lessons will also subtly bring in kids from the neighbouring housing estates. she has also seen a Malay woman in tudung & full attire enter the swimming pool once! nobody stopped her.

anyway these are just some "horror" stories from my SIL that I've heard over the years. just a bit of spice to add on to the positive reviews from the earlier posters :D

I was not impressed by her 3BR unit. very small with a triangular-shaped living room & tiny bedrooms. she personally hates it too but has to live with her own folly :beats-me-man:

coolman
18-09-09, 11:15
my SIL has been staying there for 10 years since it TOP. she complains abt the numerous Filipino tenants (coz nobody else wants to rent the apts there) and also that the usage of the swimming pool is not very well monitored. the swimming instructor on the pretext of teaching the kids in the condo lessons will also subtly bring in kids from the neighbouring housing estates. she has also seen a Malay woman in tudung & full attire enter the swimming pool once! nobody stopped her.

anyway these are just some "horror" stories from my SIL that I've heard over the years. just a bit of spice to add on to the positive reviews from the earlier posters :D

I was not impressed by her 3BR unit. very small with a triangular-shaped living room & tiny bedrooms. she personally hates it too but has to live with her own folly :beats-me-man:

Thanks for the feedback. Yup, 2 of the units I viewed are rented out. One tenant was filipino family. Another one was indian family. The swimming pool is not veri nice compare to recently built condo. The seller told me the interior structure is design based on feng shui.
As a saying: you pay what u get : )

sls1973
20-09-09, 20:21
I totally agree with you coolman....you pay what you get. If you are welling to come up with 100+k to 200+k more, of course you can get a better pool and everything....but what the gov say I total agree with them, live within your means.......what for you upgrade your house but downgrade your life style because of needing to pay for the high mortage loan. :doh:

coolman
22-09-09, 14:20
sls1973,

when will you be getting ur key? Mine will be Jan.

glad to know more people like us are buying for own staying instead of leasing out.

sls1973
23-09-09, 15:53
I will be getting my key somewhere mid of Oct. Estimate moving time will be end Nov. Do you intend to renovate your new house????

coolman
24-09-09, 13:57
I will be getting my key somewhere mid of Oct. Estimate moving time will be end Nov. Do you intend to renovate your new house????

sls1973,

It will be partial renovate. Change the kitchen cabinet, change the bathroom vanity top, basin, toliet bowl, change the build-in wardrobe for 3 bed rooms etc..

Wat abt u?

sls1973
29-09-09, 14:34
Me too....changing the kitchen cabinet, change the 3 bedroom wardrobe (as they look out of date) and also some minor touch up here & there lor......

Reporter
23-10-09, 00:29
http://sg.yimg.com/i/sg/providers/cnalogo4.gif
Fire at Hougang's Regentville condo, 5 casualties reported
Evelyn Choo
Channel NewsAsia
Thursday, 22 October 2009, 1950 hrs

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/imagegallery/store/phpl6i1uR.jpg
Regentville Condo

A fire broke out at a condominium in Hougang at around 10am on Thursday.

Smoke and flames were seen coming from the 5th and 6th floors of Regentville condominium.

The Singapore Civil Defence Force (SCDF) said three casualties suffered from smoke inhalation. One other casualty was a firefighter who suffered from exhaustion. Also, a child was sent to the hospital for treatment of shock.

The SCDF is investigating the cause of the fire, which was brought under control within 20 minutes.

lancelot
23-10-09, 17:15
A big selling point, of course, is that Regentville is very near Rosyth school. Be a parent volunteer who lives within 1km of school, it's almost a certainty to get your kids into Rosyth.

sls1973
03-11-09, 15:54
Sure????I throught nowaday the sch don't entertain volunteer anymore because of too many on waiting list la. I heard doing RC work is better, don't know how true is it....or anyone have lobang????

coolman
04-11-09, 11:37
Sure????I throught nowaday the sch don't entertain volunteer anymore because of too many on waiting list la. I heard doing RC work is better, don't know how true is it....or anyone have lobang????

isst?? tat sch dun entertain volunteer? yup. heavily involvement in RC work will let you have the choice of the sch u want. My friend also did tat. U bought this condo becos of Rosyth sch? me bought the condo bcos is less than 1km from Rosyth, Hougang pri and xin min pri. at least i can choose one of these.

got ur key already? I m counting down till Jan.

sls1973
06-11-09, 08:42
I think there is a pool of volunteer on waiting list for the sch....therefore no point to go on the waiting list waiting list. Near the sch is also part of the reason I choose there another thing is the reasonable price and good surrounding. I really like te surround as nowaday condo dont have such a big place for human to walk around especially the large greenery area. Some area the walk way is so small that even you walk if people laying at the side of the pool give you a kick you can fall into the pool.
I got my key in Sept and now doing reno, and it going to complete and plan to move in mid Nov....

coolman
06-11-09, 13:36
I think there is a pool of volunteer on waiting list for the sch....therefore no point to go on the waiting list waiting list. Near the sch is also part of the reason I choose there another thing is the reasonable price and good surrounding. I really like te surround as nowaday condo dont have such a big place for human to walk around especially the large greenery area. Some area the walk way is so small that even you walk if people laying at the side of the pool give you a kick you can fall into the pool.
I got my key in Sept and now doing reno, and it going to complete and plan to move in mid Nov....

How much is ur total renovation cost? Wat did u do? Did you change the air-con? Did u do the window grill?

sls1973
09-11-09, 13:26
I did the window grill as I have little kidds around. I replace the 3 existing bedrm cupboard and kitchen. Varnishing and painting of parquet flooring and wooden door. Change all toilet door to flip type. Install 3 TV console. A shoe rack. Install lighting point and power power. Aircon I also change as they can quite old already. Excluding ac it is 20k+

sls1973
24-12-09, 16:30
So did you start your renovation??? Before CNY move in? Did you ask the contractor for quotation?

peterng8
25-12-09, 16:06

Thxs.

I think someone wrote in forum about serious littering in this condo.....

coolman
29-12-09, 09:01
So did you start your renovation??? Before CNY move in? Did you ask the contractor for quotation?

Not yet. The previous owner had a 1 year tenant lease which end Mar 10. So we can only start the reno on Apr. Most probably shld be shifting in on May. I will look for the contractors coming Jan.

Btw, do ur kids go to childcare?

sls1973
29-12-09, 18:31
Ya, manage to find a place for him. The one nearest to our home (NTUC) is full when I ask them during Oct 09, therefore I walk further down the abit to look for another one which is along Hougang St 92. Not very near actually, it is about 5 min walk from our home.

mantrix
30-12-09, 09:42
Went there to look for a place to stay back in 2007 - cos my parents live nearby. Back then was looking at a 2+1 for around 400K++ (they were going at 420-450psf)

Plus points was the proximity to the Hougang Festival Marrket (NTUC) just opposite and near to CTE / SLE.

Things that caused me ultimately not to buy was the MSCP, small pool, proximity to main road and the weird layout of the apartment.

With new projects coming up there i think the prices will go up in time (like almost every property), though the increase will be linear. :2cents:

sls1973
30-12-09, 14:06
What you mention hopefully come true, now property price sky rocket high. I agree with you the main setback for this area is the MSCP which I personally dont like it too, but what to do....budget constraint. Today, saw it the New paper that recently here got littering problem, hopefully those people who have done it wake up your idea and be more considerate....Negative feedback regarding this area will definitely affect the price when you want to sell it off in the future, please be considerate that we are all living together.

coolman
30-12-09, 15:18
Ya, manage to find a place for him. The one nearest to our home (NTUC) is full when I ask them during Oct 09, therefore I walk further down the abit to look for another one which is along Hougang St 92. Not very near actually, it is about 5 min walk from our home.

Wat is the childcare name? I also intend to change my boy childcare to somewhere nearby our condo.

sls1973
30-12-09, 16:49
The ctr at hougang st 92 blk 946, there is own one childcare at the blk and after feb 10 they going to change management and I cannot recall what it change to

coolman
12-03-10, 14:18
Hi sls1973,

How are you? I got 3 contractors for quotation. Overall still preferred the one you recommended to me. They will be renovating my hse next mth. I will be shifting in next mth too. See you around : ) Maybe we can meet up at the poolside while our kids enjoy the pool.

sls1973
23-03-10, 16:48
Hi,

Nice to hear from you again...So you got a major makeover for your new house or a minor one? No problem for me to meet up at the pool in the near future when you move in....Any problem can regarding moving house can sms me.

coolman
08-04-10, 13:35
Hi,

Nice to hear from you again...So you got a major makeover for your new house or a minor one? No problem for me to meet up at the pool in the near future when you move in....Any problem can regarding moving house can sms me.

Just some simple renovation. Change the kitchen cabinet, vanity top for both toliet, replace toliet bowl, redo the wardrobe for master bedroom. change all the doors, painting of entire hse etc..

Will be shifting in next week.. how time flies : )

I am wondering when will the mcst get the whole condo repaint. I realised some area of the exterior walls are quite dirty.

Honesty
09-04-10, 22:09
Just some simple renovation. Change the kitchen cabinet, vanity top for both toliet, replace toliet bowl, redo the wardrobe for master bedroom. change all the doors, painting of entire hse etc..

Will be shifting in next week.. how time flies : )

I am wondering when will the mcst get the whole condo repaint. I realised some area of the exterior walls are quite dirty.

Hi Coolman,

How much do you paid for the renovation?

Thank you.

coolman
16-04-10, 13:34
Hi Coolman,

How much do you paid for the renovation?

Thank you.

Hi Honesty,

Near to 20k. You also shifting to Regentville?

coolman
16-04-10, 13:45
Hi,

Hi sls1973,

I had moved in. Was busy cleaning and unpacking my hse these few days. So tiring.. 2day return back to work liao. I will see you around once i settle down.

Honesty
25-04-10, 22:07
Hi Honesty,

Near to 20k. You also shifting to Regentville?

Thanks Coolman,

I am not staying in Regentville, I wanted to do up my HDB resale flat. Very similar with what you are doing and wanted to know how much I need to spend.

Cheers!!!

elerty
10-06-12, 14:44
I just recently moved in to stay with my parents. first day my shoes got stolen....so shocked that this happened at a condo.

Secondly, i find that the clubhouse is always full of students having tuition. I seriously doubt they stay at RegentVille but from some neighbouring blks. (Maybe they have friends staying in the condo)

The swimming pool is always filled with many weird ppl.....the security guards does not seems to care at all.

TheOnlyGayInTheVillage
10-06-12, 15:29
一分钱一分货....

TheOnlyGayInTheVillage
10-06-12, 16:00
Really affordable psf wise

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/10048430/for-sale-regentville

Kenshinto80
10-06-12, 19:17
I just recently moved in to stay with my parents. first day my shoes got stolen....so shocked that this happened at a condo.

Secondly, i find that the clubhouse is always full of students having tuition. I seriously doubt they stay at RegentVille but from some neighbouring blks. (Maybe they have friends staying in the condo)

The swimming pool is always filled with many weird ppl.....the security guards does not seems to care at all.

Hi Mate, I like Rengentville. Beautiful place. Also conveniently just opp Hougang 1 shopping mall. Just that over the past few years seems like got all sorts of different foreigners move in.

mantrix
10-06-12, 22:07

you can't expect much when this is the only condo in the vicinity and surrounded by HDBs and school...

elerty
15-06-12, 17:26
Wonder why RegentVille is classified as Apartment instead of condo.

D-Wade
11-03-14, 17:36
you can't expect much when this is the only condo in the vicinity and surrounded by HDBs and school...

surrounded by schools etc, should be a good thing right?

Kenshinto80
13-03-14, 07:12
surrounded by schools etc, should be a good thing right?

En bloc potential...the multi storey carpark taking up too much space. Anyway, good location. Opp Hougang 1 Mall. Also 5mins walk to the new Hougang Hawker centre.

Panerex
15-03-17, 18:20
It's been a while since this thread is updated.

Am thinking of getting a 3BR in this condo because of the quantum.

And hopefully being an older development, I will get a larger live-able space.

However, as it is a 99-year project with already past 17 years, not sure if I will have issues if I would like to sell away in future.

Further, still have weird people, lax security, rubbish throwing, lots of FT staying?

Has it improved over the years, or gotten worse?

many thanks for your advice in advance.

Kelonguni
15-03-17, 19:00
Best to arrange with agent to visit and talk to neighbors, look out for issues that you are concerned about.

Unlikely to have answers here.

slepland
22-09-18, 10:15
Anyone can give advice on en bloc potential?

Arcachon
22-09-18, 11:00
Anyone can give advice on en bloc potential?

Should be a good buy when price going down slowly, as for en bloc maybe another 10 years later.

https://www.edgeprop.sg/project/residential/regentville-1588

Arcachon
22-09-18, 11:07
https://www.99.co/researcher/dashboard?id=zEYVBD6gd99JZaPWlcYEOZD4mFE%3D&time_interval=1y

https://scontent.fsin3-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/42308457_10214175414952264_5744968815138045952_n.jpg?_nc_cat=110&oh=962fc84fc67024c49e3ebda4ab437e15&oe=5C288F3C

https://scontent.fsin3-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/42308457_10214175414952264_5744968815138045952_n.jpg?_nc_cat=110&oh=962fc84fc67024c49e3ebda4ab437e15&oe=5C288F3C

teddybear
22-09-18, 12:00
This kind of 99-years leasehold properties >20 years old will have less and less buyers until they "have price (from new properties) but few/no buyer (for these aging 99-years leasehold properties)"!

https://www.99.co/researcher/dashboard?id=zEYVBD6gd99JZaPWlcYEOZD4mFE%3D&time_interval=1y

stalingrad
22-09-18, 20:33
This kind of 99-years leasehold properties >20 years old will have less and less buyers until they "have price (from new properties) but few/no buyer (for these aging 99-years leasehold properties)"!

Even residents in 99-year leasehold properties are renters. The only property owners are those who own free hold or 999-year leasehold properties.