PDA

View Full Version : The Sterling

JohnTan
27-04-09, 16:34
Hi owners, am looking for a unit at the sterling, willing to pay around 700psf. Private Message me for viewing if keen, thanks. No agents please. :)

orange
27-04-09, 16:42
$700 psf for bukit timah rd?? hahaha why don't you try upper bukit timah or hillview

JohnTan
27-04-09, 16:50
$700 psf for bukit timah rd?? hahaha why don't you try upper bukit timah or hillview

Dun laugh too soon, it is just 80psf away from last transacted and with bank valuations tightening, and credit conditions being weak, it is just a matter of time. In fact I am scared to offer this price cos during the previous recession it hit 600psf. I have caveats to prove it.

orange
27-04-09, 17:07
Oh. In that case, don't offer this price lah. Wait for $400 psf. Because this time is worse than last time. Now is mother of all recessions.

JohnTan
27-04-09, 18:22
Oh. In that case, don't offer this price lah. Wait for $400 psf. Because this time is worse than last time. Now is mother of all recessions.

I cannot wait 2 years to buy leh if not I will surely do so. That's why i scared to offer this price also, but no choice buying now have to pay the steep price of 700psf:scared-3:

proud owner
27-04-09, 18:46
I cannot wait 2 years to buy leh if not I will surely do so. That's why i scared to offer this price also, but no choice buying now have to pay the steep price of 700psf:scared-3:

if i remember Sterling location correctly ...

you can consider South haven II (FH) and Springdale (FH) ...i think their psf is slightly lower than 700 psf

JohnTan
27-04-09, 18:50

you can consider South haven II (FH) and Springdale (FH) ...i think their psf is slightly lower than 700 psf

Thanks Proud Owner, I have viewed over 50 projects and am aware of all their recent psf. that one should be worth around 500psf soon. :)

proud owner
27-04-09, 20:59
Thanks Proud Owner, I have viewed over 50 projects and am aware of all their recent psf. that one should be worth around 500psf soon. :)

care to share your view on the south haven and springdale ?

i feel they have a better location than those in hillview

hmsg
27-04-09, 22:11

Both are 999, not FH.

JohnTan
28-04-09, 10:47
care to share your view on the south haven and springdale ?

i feel they have a better location than those in hillview

For 3 and 4 bedrooms, Southhaven has the bigger unit size, springdale smaller unit size.

Depends on what you like, wife does not like either, i prefer spirndale due to the koi ponds very relaxing.

Regulators
28-04-09, 11:59
how would southaven 2 drop to 500psf when it is near amenities n 999yr?

jonleelk
28-04-09, 15:40
how would southaven 2 drop to 500psf when it is near amenities n 999yr?

$598 psf transacted in Feb-09. In this way, $500 psf is not impossible in time to come.

Regulators
28-04-09, 16:39
wow that means a 9xxsf unit costs on 4xxk. Are u saying that the price of 999yr southhaven can be cheaper than a 90sqm 4rm hdb flat beside westmall going for 475k? I think u dont seem to knw the market

JohnTan
28-04-09, 17:10
wow that means a 9xxsf unit costs on 4xxk. Are u saying that the price of 999yr southhaven can be cheaper than a 90sqm 4rm hdb flat beside westmall going for 475k? I think u dont seem to knw the market

ah that's where you fail to understand, not sure the 2 bedroom how large but will be much bigger than 9xxsqft. 3 bedroom is already 1440sqft and above.

Also 475k westmall hdb current price is 475k, 2 years confirm 300k plus must compare within the correct timeframe. :tsk-tsk:

JohnTan
28-04-09, 17:18
This is sterling thread, we should stick with discussing sterling and not discuss too much on other hillview condo :mad: Can always do it on the relevant thread

proud owner
28-04-09, 17:30
This is sterling thread, we should stick with discussing sterling and not discuss too much on other hillview condo :mad: Can always do it on the relevant thread

if buying for own stay ... then wouldnt south haven / springdale be a better choice ? at least price -wise ?

gfoo
28-04-09, 17:35
one question that has always bugged me. Why are people paying $700-800psf for 99LH projects in the heartlands when they can get a FH condo in west coast for $600psf?

How do Singaporeans make their purchase decision?

Autonomy
28-04-09, 17:39
one question that has always bugged me. Why are people paying $700-800psf for 99LH projects in the heartlands when they can get a FH condo in west coast for $600psf?

How do Singaporeans make their purchase decision?

Maybe they wanna be near certain schools? near mrt? near certain amenities? near parents?

I think as of now, west coast is still not quite as accessible without a car unless u wanna take bus.

JohnTan
28-04-09, 17:53
if buying for own stay ... then wouldnt south haven / springdale be a better choice ? at least price -wise ?

I am like you, buy to stay but need to rent out in near future. So cannot consider springdale. BTW hows mahanttan, u staying mid town or downtown, if I go head office can look u up for tea!

proud owner
28-04-09, 18:04
I am like you, buy to stay but need to rent out in near future. So cannot consider springdale. BTW hows mahanttan, u staying mid town or downtown, if I go head office can look u up for tea!

midtown 8 mins walk to central park ... 5 mins Times sq

downtown is quite a dead town ...apart from tourists going to see the WTC ruins ...Walls St ... ntg much ...

back to Sterling/Springdale ..to me if price diff is a lot ..i will go for cheaper one .. as these 2 really not much difference in terms of location ...

proud owner
28-04-09, 18:07
Maybe they wanna be near certain schools? near mrt? near certain amenities? near parents?

I think as of now, west coast is still not quite as accessible without a car unless u wanna take bus.

it really depends on which part of west coast yor are talking about ...
the west side spans from South buona vista rd to end of west coast rd ..

if you are near SBV rd and clementi rd ..its very very accessible ... i used to live at SBV rd .. taking a bus from shenton way home took me total ..28 mins ... and soon MRT by 2010 ..

people always think it is damn far and ulu .. i recommend people go spend a few weekends there and explore .. you will like the peace , parks , amenities ...

ahlahdin
28-04-09, 18:10
rich man like him dun stay downtown or midtown one. he stay park ave or upper east or west side, overlooking central park. can see gwyneth paltrow and paris hilton jogging in the park. :D he has such a good view that he can see whether they wear sports bra or not :D :D his apartment is three levels, each level takes up the whole floorspace and his neighbours are robert de niro upstairs and jay leno downstairs.

poor me only got money to stay in pigeonhole in tribeca or china town :( my neighbours are Borat and ron jeremy. sometimes if I am lucky, can see annabelle chong re-enacting her 400 men marathon. :(

Autonomy
28-04-09, 18:14
it really depends on which part of west coast yor are talking about ...
the west side spans from South buona vista rd to end of west coast rd ..

if you are near SBV rd and clementi rd ..its very very accessible ... i used to live at SBV rd .. taking a bus from shenton way home took me total ..28 mins ... and soon MRT by 2010 ..

people always think it is damn far and ulu .. i recommend people go spend a few weekends there and explore .. you will like the peace , parks , amenities ...

Yes I tend to agree on the peacefulness, the greeneries and the tranquility part. Who knows if what is suggested in the news is true, then west coast might be up and coming...

proud owner
28-04-09, 18:20
rich man like him dun stay downtown or midtown one. he stay park ave or upper east or west side, overlooking central park. can see gwyneth paltrow and paris hilton jogging in the park. :D he has such a good view that he can see whether they wear sports bra or not :D :D his apartment is three levels, each level takes up the whole floorspace and his neighbours are robert de niro upstairs and jay leno downstairs.

poor me only got money to stay in pigeonhole in tribeca or china town :( my neighbours are Borat and ron jeremy. sometimes if I am lucky, can see annabelle chong re-enacting her 400 men marathon. :(

sorry ah i not rich hor ...

and by the way park ave, madison ave, lexington ave ... upp east all not my choice location ... they are too 'high crass' and all pre-war houses ..look quaint on the outside like you see on movies and TV but inside very scarey .. no washer /dryer but common laundry room ..

also becos i watch too much of Haunting on discovery every sat night .. those prewar on the east side really frightens me ..

proud owner
28-04-09, 18:23
Yes I tend to agree on the peacefulness, the greeneries and the tranquility part. Who knows if what is suggested in the news is true, then west coast might be up and coming...

i really miss the peace and kent ridge park ..pepys hill area .. i still have a house there ... will never sell .. the back to kent ridge park..the front has sea view ... the early morning dew, insects and birds waking you ..and evening serenity ..cannot beat that ..can see cars but cannot hear them ..thats they beauty ..

JohnTan
28-04-09, 18:34
midtown 8 mins walk to central park ... 5 mins Times sq

downtown is quite a dead town ...apart from tourists going to see the WTC ruins ...Walls St ... ntg much ...

back to Sterling/Springdale ..to me if price diff is a lot ..i will go for cheaper one .. as these 2 really not much difference in terms of location ...

Mid town is great! I made the mistake of taking an express train and headed beyond my intended stop. Ride MRT too much until assume that the subway will stop at every station like how it does in SG.

I agree with you but also when the upturn comes, there is also a price difference upwards. Anyway Sterling or Nexus is my choice for now.

Autonomy
28-04-09, 21:09
i really miss the peace and kent ridge park ..pepys hill area .. i still have a house there ... will never sell .. the back to kent ridge park..the front has sea view ... the early morning dew, insects and birds waking you ..and evening serenity ..cannot beat that ..can see cars but cannot hear them ..thats they beauty ..

Yes pepys hill quite nice. At the end is a staircase leading down to hort park and also there is the boardwalk to kent ridge park. The apartment at the top call The Peak also very nice. Units are huge...

Jwlng
06-05-09, 02:17
Looking for a unit in Sterling at least 1000sqft for less than 1mil. Main reason is 1km within MGS. Email me at [email protected]

ck_marz
10-08-09, 10:03
haha.. sterling now calling for 1250psf! hope u have not missed the boat like me!!! :doh:

spikey69
26-06-10, 20:58
anyone looking at this condo lately...any indication of a do-able psf? seems like all the units have taken a step back to holding after the MRT station construction appeared right next to the tennis court and the railway track is supposed to disappear next year.

leslens
27-06-10, 19:30
anyone looking at this condo lately...any indication of a do-able psf? seems like all the units have taken a step back to holding after the MRT station construction appeared right next to the tennis court and the railway track is supposed to disappear next year.

i would think sterling is a good buy if it goes 11xx psf

for some strange reason, maple woods is holding up its value very well compared to newer units

can someone explain why THE NEXUS and TESSARINA despite being 10/6 years newer than maple seems to command the same or just slightly higher PSF?

what do you guys think of NEXUS and TESSARINA

maplewoods is run-down, gloomy, mosquito fested. pot holes appearing in the tiles and the car park has puddles of water 365/year

spikey69
27-06-10, 20:09
a number of sterling owners have withdrawn their units for sale and have put up residence on the sidelines to watch what happens as new potential buyers stream in after seeing the MRT at their doorstep AND after the govt announced that the railway would be removed...that means no more nuisance noise for those units in block 1001 and 1003 facing King Albert Park. I went to a viewing last weekend the cunning agent arranged for about 5 to 7 couples to view a unit with 5 agents AT THE SAME TIME...the unit was on 9th floor, blk 1001. Now asking for 1.98M when two mths ago, 1.8M could have sealed it.

Maplewoods is the next nearest condo to the MRT (other than Casa Esperanza). Still very popular with expats as it has its own expat community, supermarket and cafe.

Nexus prices seem to hold constant due to the crazy prices for Floridian, Jardin and Cascadia.

Not touching Tessarina with a ten foot pole...unless that ten foot pole can magically make my cars float away during flash floods.

Good luck to all those buying to put their daughters into MGS...already balloting two years ago at 1km...now with all these new condos...the chances will become even slimmer

mamum
27-06-10, 21:35
so how abt casa esperanza? anyone has any opinions- very large units so very attractive to me but prices are too high..:(

leslens
27-06-10, 21:42
too close to MRT is a strict NO NO
in that aspect sterling can expect noise (not from train since its underground) but from masses of people utilising the MRT (school hours and wat not)

maple is a good location but it is run down and seriously people will start to notice the cracks soon (i cant believe pple think maple is a good place to stay)

blossomvale is over at dunearn with an entrace at sim darby to MRT
might be a dark horse but again 10 year old condo, but surrounding area is more uncertain

Nexus not many transactions, anyone knows why?

Tessarina is D10 but too far to walk (past tan chong etc...)

Cascadia/Flordian to pop up

Oversupply or simply a hot spot?

leslens
27-06-10, 21:44
so how abt casa esperanza? anyone has any opinions- very large units so very attractive to me but prices are too high..:(

casa has nothing unique about it except it has large units
facade wise -> plain jane

spikey69
27-06-10, 22:06
in that aspect sterling can expect noise (not from train since its underground) but from masses of people utilising the MRT (school hours and wat not)

maple is a good location but it is run down and seriously people will start to notice the cracks soon (i cant believe pple think maple is a good place to stay)

might be a dark horse but again 10 year old condo, but surrounding area is more uncertain

Very hard to find freehold property next to MRT nowadays...and if found, it will usually cost a bomb. Also, exclusivity is impt...no HDBs in the area, so there is some 'exclusiveness'.

Blossomvale is indeed a dark horse. Some units do have a private lift but it is on the other side of the road.

Nexus units are probably not going well because of all the construction from Floridian and the upcoming Cascadia. Who wants to stay in a condo surrounded by noisy construction sites (which tenant would want to stay there too?)

leslens
27-06-10, 22:50
Very hard to find freehold property next to MRT nowadays...and if found, it will usually cost a bomb. Also, exclusivity is impt...no HDBs in the area, so there is some 'exclusiveness'.

Blossomvale is indeed a dark horse. Some units do have a private lift but it is on the other side of the road.

Nexus units are probably not going well because of all the construction from Floridian and the upcoming Cascadia. Who wants to stay in a condo surrounded by noisy construction sites (which tenant would want to stay there too?)

Floridian is actually a nice project far better than cascadia, too bad about the pricing

Sterling looks interesting i must agree

anyone else looking around this area? from the poor response from cascadia i would expect prices to fall a little in the next 6 months as they have already

bargain hunter
27-06-10, 23:42
has prices already fallen? doesn't feel like it. :D i also feel floridian is a superior project to cascadia. but the combination of higher sq ft and higher psf makes cascadia significantly "more affordable".

tessarina is indeed a no-no thanks to the flood problem. Perhaps Nexus makes a good long term buy then since its lagging because of temporary factors (2 to 3 years more of construction at floridian?)

Floridian is actually a nice project far better than cascadia, too bad about the pricing

Sterling looks interesting i must agree

anyone else looking around this area? from the poor response from cascadia i would expect prices to fall a little in the next 6 months as they have already

leslens
28-06-10, 00:01
has prices already fallen? doesn't feel like it. :D i also feel floridian is a superior project to cascadia. but the combination of higher sq ft and higher psf makes cascadia significantly "more affordable".

tessarina is indeed a no-no thanks to the flood problem. Perhaps Nexus makes a good long term buy then since its lagging because of temporary factors (2 to 3 years more of construction at floridian?)

even after 3 years of construction (v long time 3 years not 3 months), NEXUS is surrounded by

1. bukit timah road (no, no)
2. cascadia
3. entrance of floridian

not ideal at all....

best facing is pool views but those are 3 br and above 1300 square feet

prices haven fallen if you have been aggressive enough to notice..
units have not been sold for 2-3 months and owners are lettin up

spikey69
28-06-10, 03:30
even after 3 years of construction (v long time 3 years not 3 months), NEXUS is surrounded by

1. bukit timah road (no, no)
2. cascadia
3. entrance of floridian

not ideal at all....

best facing is pool views but those are 3 br and above 1300 square feet

prices haven fallen if you have been aggressive enough to notice..
units have not been sold for 2-3 months and owners are lettin up

Floridian is now transacting around $1350 psf, down from $1450 whilst Blossomvale, Maplewoods, Sterling and Nexus are about $1100 to $1250.

livenlove
28-06-10, 09:58

Could you elaborate why darkhorse? Darkhorse: "candidate who is not well known but could win unexpectedly".

looking at masterplan: it has plot ration of 1.95 but has Mayfair Park on one side (99LH, 4 storeys) with 1.4 and the empty KTM land behind also 1.4 (likely to be part of land swap?) and Sime Darby/BMW zoned commercial at 1.8 on the right.

The MRT entrance appear to be under constrcution at the side near Sime Darby as mentioned.

Doesn't look too bad.

bargain hunter
28-06-10, 10:06
yup, he probably meant undervalued/greater potential and that's even before u mentioned the higher plot ratio. now, its an even darker horse. :)

Could you elaborate why darkhorse? Darkhorse: "candidate who is not well known but could win unexpectedly".

looking at masterplan: it has plot ration of 1.95 but has Mayfair Park on one side (99LH, 4 storeys) with 1.4 and the empty KTM land behind also 1.4 (likely to be part of land swap?) and Sime Darby/BMW zoned commercial at 1.8 on the right.

The MRT entrance appear to be under constrcution at the side near Sime Darby as mentioned.

Doesn't look too bad.

mm63
28-06-10, 11:38

For Nexus, the outward units either face noisy Bukit Timah Road or Floridian construction at the back. The inward facing units face each other very closely....you can almost throw things into each other's house.

Personally, I like the interior layout of the 3+1 but the poor facings, small plot of land and cramming with Cascadia and Floridian............

mm63
28-06-10, 11:45

Plain exterior, relatively poor facilities. Large units means you have to pay higher quantum but good location and relatively low number of units perhaps make it attractive for enbloc.

bargain hunter
28-06-10, 11:47
similar sentiments, its a pity because the interior layout for the 3+1 or even the 4 bedder are really quite alright! :)

For Nexus, the outward units either face noisy Bukit Timah Road or Floridian construction at the back. The inward facing units face each other very closely....you can almost throw things into each other's house.

Personally, I like the interior layout of the 3+1 but the poor facings, small plot of land and cramming with Cascadia and Floridian............

mm63
28-06-10, 11:55

Doesn't look too bad.

As agents will tell me, Blossomvale is Dunearn Road (hence should be cheaper) whereas the other condos across the road are BUKIT TIMAH if you care about such perceptions.

Most sellers have adjusted their asking prices upwards to $1200+psf from $1000+psf since the building of the MRT station

The bedrooms are quite big for the 3-rm units, which I like. They are generally bigger than condos across the road. High plot ratio is good for future enbloc

Bad points are lousy gym, no sheltered walkway from the visitors' carpark to the main blocks, dunearn road address etc.

mamum
28-06-10, 16:26
Sorry, very new to all this.. hope someone can enlighten me...what does high plot ratio mean? large land size compared to number of units? ie not so crowded?

I notice blossomvale is 999leasehold. Does that equate to lower potential value than freehold?

Thanks

bargain hunter
28-06-10, 18:56
correct me if i am wrong as i am no expert either:

999 vs FH valuation difference is minimal or very slight. high plot ratio means upon en-bloc, it can be built higher or with more area and makes the existing plot of land more valuable.

Sorry, very new to all this.. hope someone can enlighten me...what does high plot ratio mean? large land size compared to number of units? ie not so crowded?

I notice blossomvale is 999leasehold. Does that equate to lower potential value than freehold?

Thanks

spikey69
28-06-10, 19:41
mayfair gardens appears to be another "dark horse" if you are looking at rental yield...some nicely reno-ed units

bargain hunter
28-06-10, 22:13
isn't that the one which has launched its en-bloc sale?

mayfair gardens appears to be another "dark horse" if you are looking at rental yield...some nicely reno-ed units

spikey69
28-06-10, 23:29
isn't that the one which has launched its en-bloc sale?
it launched and then failed a couple of months ago...that's why so many units came on suddenly over the last two months

http://sgproptalk.blogspot.com/2010/04/en-bloc-news-toh-tuck-apartment.html

leslens
29-06-10, 15:04
on a separate note, market is really forgetful

when will we see the days when floridian actually transacted 1200psf
the same prices 10 year old maple and sterling are asking now!

to summarise everyone views and mine

1. Maplewoods
Old, badly maintained, low floors are gloomy and depressive. High floors are much better choice and also out of reach of mosquitos (hopefully)
Good location, popular (dunno why), well contained

2. sterling
old, ok maintained, selling point is MRT (but 4 years is still a long long long timeline)

3. NEXUS
nothing to distinguish itself, no longer the new kid on the block
white facade seems to blend in with cascadia and flordian
the most cramped project with zero landscape
No VIEW either BT road or CONSTRUCTION (bad bad bad bad)
no selling point once cascadia/flordian is up
plus point: nearer than tessarina and cascadia to MRT but still further than maple/sterling/blossomvale
nexus will soon go to maplewoods prices or below (it has already done so for some units)

4. blossomvale
dunearn road address, less pricey. May have future construction besdie it much like wat nexus is facing.
plus: has entrance to MRT
dark horse: nearer to MRT and very accessible than most people expect

5. cascadia
bad location. plus point: still can walk to MRT and new while cheaper than floridian. Again no distinguishinig factor, looks like NEXUS looks like tessarina

6. floridian
the best in the region, also the priciest
good developer, good design, landscape, location

7. tesssarina
only plus point : D10 and ok landscape
location bad, floods...no need to say anymore, much more choices

my own view
1. Flordian/sterling
2. maplewoods
3. blossomvale
4. cascadia
5. nexus and tessarina

would like to hear more views!

leslens
07-07-10, 17:41
sterling prices down

latest caveats 1130 1130psf

down from 1290psf

spikey69
07-07-10, 18:07
sterling prices down

latest caveats 1130 1130psf

down from 1290psf

which month and which unit?

spikey69
07-07-10, 18:30
Date of Option Exercised / Sales Agreement Signed
THE STERLING BUKIT TIMAH ROAD Condominium 1 1,630,000 1,442 Strata 1,130 May-10

Ok...got it...now need to check REALIS to see if it was blk 1001 or 1003, high floor or low

spikey69
07-07-10, 18:45
THE STERLING BUKIT TIMAH ROAD Condominium 1 1,630,000 1,442 Strata 1,130 May-10

Ok...got it...now need to check REALIS to see if it was blk 1001 or 1003, high floor or low

unit is #10-02, Block 1001 (the front block)...unit below #09-02 is asking for $1.98M for the same size

sleek
07-07-10, 18:48
Fire sale? :beats-me-man:

unit is #10-02, Block 1001 (the front block)...unit below #09-02 is asking for $1.98M for the same size

spikey69
07-07-10, 19:05
frankly if you can get sterling at $1100 to $1130 psf now, it's a really good deal for the reasons articulated above...time to start hunting!

leslens
07-07-10, 19:38

thanks for the info

are u able to share all the recent say 15 transaction details on sterling?
pm or thru here?

thank you

yes prices have dropped but the units on sale at sterling are asking 1300psf, thats the reason why they are still unsold after 4 months

however, these sellers are in no real need to sell so they are unlikely to let go at 11XX psf

im waiting for the inevitable, for other sellers to pop up, ie Real Sellers who are able to deal at last transacted price

i wont say 11xx is a steal since just a few months back, its the normal price.... there are only a handful of 12XX psf (2-3?) most are in teh 10XX to 11XX psf range

once cascadia TOPs dec this year, rental will crash, lets see who will win this game (quite obvious, so no real rush to hunt now, now only got Fake Sellers)

spikey69
07-07-10, 22:29
thanks for the info

are u able to share all the recent say 15 transaction details on sterling?
pm or thru here?

thank you

yes prices have dropped but the units on sale at sterling are asking 1300psf, thats the reason why they are still unsold after 4 months

however, these sellers are in no real need to sell so they are unlikely to let go at 11XX psf

im waiting for the inevitable, for other sellers to pop up, ie Real Sellers who are able to deal at last transacted price

i wont say 11xx is a steal since just a few months back, its the normal price.... there are only a handful of 12XX psf (2-3?) most are in teh 10XX to 11XX psf range

once cascadia TOPs dec this year, rental will crash, lets see who will win this game (quite obvious, so no real rush to hunt now, now only got Fake Sellers)

go to www.streetsine.com, u can find the units with recent transactions there. Hope that helps! U buying Sterling? For investment? For daughter? or? haha - maybe we will see each other at a viewing!

leslens
08-07-10, 16:47
go to www.streetsine.com (http://www.streetsine.com), u can find the units with recent transactions there. Hope that helps! U buying Sterling? For investment? For daughter? or? haha - maybe we will see each other at a viewing!

well, yea perhaps we have already met

we should hold firm till prices drop to 11XXpsf

im keeping to that, shall we all hold firm?

spikey69
08-07-10, 19:08
well, yea perhaps we have already met

we should hold firm till prices drop to 11XXpsf

im keeping to that, shall we all hold firm?

heh heh...some are already at 11xxpsf, if u know who to ask and what to do...

leslens
08-07-10, 22:31
heh heh...some are already at 11xxpsf, if u know who to ask and what to do...

bro sent u a pm already

lets share info (save time and effort)

devilplate
08-07-10, 22:44
not many ppl r selling at sterling:D

spikey69
09-07-10, 06:21
not many ppl r selling at sterling:D

yup - and the only units that are selling have so many agents advertising at different prices that i have to ask them to confirm whether it is the same unit being sold...

the MRT being constructed next to the tennis court and the removal of the railway line next year has put most on the sidelines

leslens
09-07-10, 21:02
yup - and the only units that are selling have so many agents advertising at different prices that i have to ask them to confirm whether it is the same unit being sold...

the MRT being constructed next to the tennis court and the removal of the railway line next year has put most on the sidelines

yup u are right it has come to the sad stage where the buyers know more about hte unit than the agents

not uncommon to see 10 agents for 1 unit, really pity the agent

sometimes i wonder why the agent will want to do such a deal (asking price 200psf above last transaction), they should save their advert cost

satomilton
12-07-10, 14:11
Great web site this streetsine.com, was able to find out much more than the ura page I was browsing to see how far my booked price was for a property I have just purchased few months back...Tks!

spikey69
12-07-10, 16:34
Great web site this streetsine.com, was able to find out much more than the ura page I was browsing to see how far my booked price was for a property I have just purchased few months back...Tks!

Knowledge is power! streetsine will even give u the unit number but you also need to find out how much the owner paid for the property so u have an indication of how much flexibility u have in negotiations

Don't let agents off the hook...they need to work for their commissions. If you unearth a great agent, keep him or her. I have an agent that has done my property transactions for me over the last few years...regardless of type of property because he is quick, efficient and trustworthy...

hippy
27-09-10, 11:19
3+1 ground floor with patio 1,750 sf for rental at $6,000 monthly. If keen, pls email [email protected].

Thank you.

vince.toh70
11-10-10, 13:43
Looking for an approximatley 1,500 sqft unit, non road facing.
Please pm me if you do have a unit for sale.

spikey69
11-10-10, 18:29
vince,

try this kevin cher guy (see link) or prop guru. Sometimes classifieds comes up with a lone advert with a really good psf. I just otp a unit a few mths back.

http://thesterling.realtors.officelive.com/default.aspx

vince.toh70
12-10-10, 10:11
vince,

try this kevin cher guy (see link) or prop guru. Sometimes classifieds comes up with a lone advert with a really good psf. I just otp a unit a few mths back.

http://thesterling.realtors.officelive.com/default.aspx

Tried! he noted he does not have any. Guess unit at this development is hard to come by.

devilplate
12-10-10, 10:15
got many units on sale...BUT cheap ones hard to come by:p

vince.toh70
12-10-10, 12:30
got many units on sale...BUT cheap ones hard to come by:p

Agreed! i am looking for market price and not cheap buy . seems owners expectation are still high:simmering:

spikey69
13-10-10, 21:26
Agreed! i am looking for market price and not cheap buy . seems owners expectation are still high:simmering:

yup - there was one owner asking 1.98M that has been on the market for some time now for a 1517 sq ft unit. Quite nice layout because there is a junior master bedroom with ensuite. I made a $1.8M offer and then a $1.85M - over 1200 psf and then an offer of 1100+psf was accepted at another unit....saved a lot of $$$

ymgsterling
16-12-10, 13:10

In Nov, there was a caveat lodged for $1,202 psf for a 1518sqft unit. Price reasonable?

spikey69
16-12-10, 13:38
In Nov, there was a caveat lodged for $1,202 psf for a 1518sqft unit. Price reasonable?

reasonable considering the high floor...a lot of residents are building in the MRT factor into their prices...even though the MRT station will only appear in 4 years time. But considering that Sterling is a FH with a MRT station at its doorstep (next to the tennis courts) and within walking distance to MGS, 1200 psf is a fair price.

If one is looking for rental yield, this is not the condo to look for at the moment, especially with all the construction nearby. If you are looking for cap appreciation in the medium term and en bloc potential in the long term, this would be a great place to park your $. Out of all the condos, it does not appear to be as crowded as blossomvale, maplewoods, king albert park, cascadia, garden vista or nexus. And being an older condo, it has enough car park space for two cars per unit and loads of potential area to build up, although the shape of the overall condo land is a bit odd (triangular).

But of course, I am a bit biased...:)

ymgsterling
16-12-10, 15:22
reasonable considering the high floor...a lot of residents are building in the MRT factor into their prices...even though the MRT station will only appear in 4 years time. But considering that Sterling is a FH with a MRT station at its doorstep (next to the tennis courts) and within walking distance to MGS, 1200 psf is a fair price.

If one is looking for rental yield, this is not the condo to look for at the moment, especially with all the construction nearby. If you are looking for cap appreciation in the medium term and en bloc potential in the long term, this would be a great place to park your $. Out of all the condos, it does not appear to be as crowded as blossomvale, maplewoods, king albert park, cascadia, garden vista or nexus. And being an older condo, it has enough car park space for two cars per unit and loads of potential area to build up, although the shape of the overall condo land is a bit odd (triangular).

But of course, I am a bit biased...:)

do agree with you. I think you did not factor in the KTM land. anyone do hear about the intention for KTM's plot of land?

mantrix
16-12-10, 15:56
wow still less than 1200psf...wonder why?

This is supposed to be CCR - issit because of the construction noise or being at crossroads?

hopeful
16-12-10, 16:24

This is supposed to be CCR - issit because of the construction noise or being at crossroads?

Well, it is because it is a hidden gem :doh:

spikey69
16-12-10, 16:42
Sterling actually becomes more attractive because of the decision on the KTM land. If you are planning for long term capital gain, sterling has tremendous potential besides MRT and MGS. Because the trains will no longer run along Sterling from next year, it becomes more attractive to stay. But if you factor in the current plot size of sterling coupled with the potential to annex future state land (ex KTM land) next to it plus its FH status immediately next to a MRT, the potential for capital appreciation is tremendous.

When I did the research on Sterling, Nexus, Blossomvale, Maplewoods, Garden Vista, Jardin, Mayfair Gardens, Cascadia, Floridian etc...sterling is indeed a 'sterling' purchase. FH condos next to MRTs are already a rarity...just look at the prices of 99LH condos next to MRTs....but as i said I am biased as I am going to stay here.

teddybear
16-12-10, 20:33
This one in D21! OCR not Ccr :tongue3:

bargain hunter
16-12-10, 21:56
dun like that leh, not CCR also RCR, not so far until OCR lah. :ashamed1:

This one in D21! OCR not Ccr :tongue3:

proud owner
16-12-10, 22:12

in the past .. its always D9/10 and D11/21

but i think people are have realised its D9/10, D11 AND D21

leslens
16-12-10, 23:26
Sterling and the condos around the area are a good buy
buy the chepeast unit and hang on for the ride

i eventually went for nexus as u pay slightly higher for a difference in QOL
quality of living

my top choices (purely personal) are

1. nexus (modern, 4 years old very live-vable only slightly more ex or same as sterling

2. sterling (potential for enblock with new land available

3. maplewoods (Old and slightly run down but very popular...)

4. cascadia (new and reasonably priced

5. blossomvale (dont like it.. across the road, not bt address, prices already rising too close to its better neighbours, potential noise/contruction around the area if mayfair goes)

6. floridina/jardin (too high price.. benefits others but not itself)

teddybear
17-12-10, 09:42
Actually people starting to distinguish between D9 and D10 (real CCR) and D10 (fake CCR) and D11 (real CCR) and D11 (fake CCR). :cheers1:

in the past .. its always D9/10 and D11/21

but i think people are have realised its D9/10, D11 AND D21

teddybear
17-12-10, 09:44
Ops, my mistake! Should be RCR, like Balestier, Kallang, etc. :o

spikey69
26-12-10, 12:24
2 more new deals! Benchmark is now at 1265 psf plus! :)

leslens
27-12-10, 23:27
2 more new deals! Benchmark is now at 1265 psf plus! :)

yea i think nowadays this region is 1200psf for all freehold projects new and old
even blossomvale

ymgsterling
29-12-10, 09:15
of the opinion that the fair value now should be $1,300psf

spikey69
23-01-11, 09:07
of the opinion that the fair value now should be $1,300psf
definitely reaching there soon but the construction works outside are going to stifle rental demand in the short term

ymgsterling
24-01-11, 06:49
Was in the neighbourhood last weekend. An agent
told me that rental will shooot up upon completion
of the MRT. He expects the price to hit $1,500psf.
If so, should purchase one now and hold till 2015.

definitely reaching there soon but the construction works outside are going to stifle rental demand in the short term

proud owner
24-01-11, 09:06

value may go up but rental really depends on availability ..

and seriously i dont like it when agents use terms like " SHOOT UP"

it gives a wrong impession ...

he shold have said ' rental should go up ' and not ' shoot up'..

ymgsterling
24-01-11, 10:31
value may go up but rental really depends on availability ..

and seriously i dont like it when agents use terms like " SHOOT UP"

it gives a wrong impession ...

he shold have said ' rental should go up ' and not ' shoot up'..

haha! fully agreed. Agents remarks are also dependent on which side is he on. Whether he is talking to the seller or buyer.

spikey69
24-01-11, 13:07

certainly the appreciation will be huge...the sky is indeed the limit for FH properties on top/immediately next to mrt stations...especially in bt timah

stalingrad
24-01-11, 14:17
certainly the appreciation will be huge...the sky is indeed the limit for FH properties on top/immediately next to mrt stations...especially in bt timah

the flooding potential is also huge. and the risk of losing your lambo to flooding is also huge.

leslens
25-01-11, 13:06
the flooding potential is also huge. and the risk of losing your lambo to flooding is also huge.

the condo u should avoid is tessarina
thats the only one that has flooding issues

ymgsterling
25-01-11, 13:16

though flooded, the price is still holding strong.
Wonder why?

hopeful
25-01-11, 14:09
though flooded, the price is still holding strong.
Wonder why?

That kind of flooding only occurs every 50 year, so next one will occur in 2060. time for enbloc and new development to build multi-storey carpark.
If flooding occurs every year then different story.

stalingrad
25-01-11, 14:42

not true. Some of Maplewood's carparks were also flooded.

kane
25-01-11, 23:37
so which condo in that stretch doesn't have flooding issues? Nexus? Cascadia?

leslens
27-01-11, 19:03
not true. Some of Maplewood's carparks were also flooded.

is that so?
where your source
i have been looking around this stretch for a while and have stayed in this area for 30 years

my relatives stay in maplewoods, no flood issues reported by them

well it looks now that tessarina and cascadia are the ones affected

stalingrad
27-01-11, 19:49
is that so?
where your source
i have been looking around this stretch for a while and have stayed in this area for 30 years

my relatives stay in maplewoods, no flood issues reported by them

well it looks now that tessarina and cascadia are the ones affected

this is revealed by a resident of maplewoods in a review of maplewoods in propertyguru.com

"it is not true that the basement carpark are well designed as mentioned by THG. We live in seraca court. The basement carpark in our building have been flooded 3 times these year alone."

leslens
27-01-11, 22:06
this is revealed by a resident of maplewoods in a review of maplewoods in propertyguru.com

"it is not true that the basement carpark are well designed as mentioned by THG. We live in seraca court. The basement carpark in our building have been flooded 3 times these year alone."

how about this
"We have live here for 2 years. The recent flood did not affect Maplewoods at all. Maplewoods car park was designed to allow natural sun light to come in and fresh air ventilation. On the rainny days, the exposed areas will be wet as expected but have never been flooded.. We are lucky to have this design"

i think i will trust my relatives on this one
have been to maplewoods many times during heavy rain
the car park is wet but never flooded
but i didnt buy maplewoods cos it was run down, dont think u will see FLOODS in maplewood
there are pools of water in the car park but not flooded like those u see in cascadia
now that is a flood, and teh ones in tessarina major flooding

stalingrad
28-01-11, 09:12
how about this
"We have live here for 2 years. The recent flood did not affect Maplewoods at all. Maplewoods car park was designed to allow natural sun light to come in and fresh air ventilation. On the rainny days, the exposed areas will be wet as expected but have never been flooded.. We are lucky to have this design"

i think i will trust my relatives on this one
have been to maplewoods many times during heavy rain
the car park is wet but never flooded
but i didnt buy maplewoods cos it was run down, dont think u will see FLOODS in maplewood
there are pools of water in the car park but not flooded like those u see in cascadia
now that is a flood, and teh ones in tessarina major flooding
I think what the reviewer tried to tell us is that maplewoods have more than one carparks, some of which have flooding problems and some may not. I guess it makes sense. Carparks on higher grounds may not easily flooded. but carparks on lower grounds can be easily flooded. so, if you like to buy a unit at maplewoods, keep your eyes wide open. I am not interested in this area in general. I find it very troublesome to get around during downpours on the streets in the area. even if my condo's carparks were not flooded during downpours, I'd still get my shoes and socks wet every time, even if it is just a minor rain.

stalingrad
28-01-11, 09:36
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-lp78QLJ7A

watch this video shot outside maplewoods.

see the guys walking by and the water is up to his calves. even if the carparks are not flooded, you want to live in this condo?

bargain hunter
28-01-11, 14:07
BANK SALE BY PRIVATE TREATY
Maplewoods, District 21
* Along Bukit Timah Road
* 3 bedrooms + study
* Freehold
* 1,787 sq ft approx
*Asking $2.05 million ($1,147 psf)

:D

leslens
28-01-11, 20:15
BANK SALE BY PRIVATE TREATY
Maplewoods, District 21
* Along Bukit Timah Road
* 3 bedrooms + study
* Freehold
* 1,787 sq ft approx
*Asking $2.05 million ($1,147 psf)

:D

not cheap....fair price

ymgsterling
28-01-11, 21:24
not cheap....fair price
Agreed! Must be those so so unit, not the premium

kane
28-01-11, 21:44
not cheap....fair price

this season, bank sale don't come cheap, just like the nexus unit that was bidded away by a slight premium to market average.

spikey69
29-01-11, 04:50
not cheap....fair price

yup...the 1787 sq ft units closed for 2m or less previously. But Maplewoods tends to have much more larger sized units than the other condos in the area, especially the 1787 sq ft units...

As for Sterling, although I am vested, the floods have been kind to the devt. I now wait and see what the MRT devt next to it will do to possibly aggravate the flood situation over the next few years until the MRT is completed.

mygeemeel
30-01-11, 10:48
Floods seem to wreak havoc in developments along bukit timah. However, prices have not been affected. I am waiting for $1000 - $1100 psf.:D

ymgsterling
30-01-11, 21:48
Floods seem to wreak havoc in developments along bukit timah. However, prices have not been affected. I am waiting for $1000 - $1100 psf.:D
Happy Waiting !

ymgsterling
06-04-11, 12:58
Received a call from an agent.
He told me that there are rumours going that Sterling management is in talk with developers to go en-bloc.
Have you guys hear this news?

devilplate
06-04-11, 13:12
Received a call from an agent.
He told me that there are rumours going that Sterling management is in talk with developers to go en-bloc.
Have you guys hear this news?

not possible.....dun trust agts.....cud be just a few greedy owners trying their luck....totally not possible to enbloc for a gd profit

spikey69
06-04-11, 19:30
didn't hear anything abt sterling...now checking with guys living there.

but it doesn't make sense to en bloc - sterling is just 10 yrs old and what kind of premium price can they draw anyway?

mamum
06-04-11, 22:07
hi

i am interested at staying at the sterling ( rental) but as I am away from Singapore, i can't view the place. Can some residents share with me how you find the condo? facilities good? not too rundown? and do your kids enjoy living there? thanks

devilplate
06-04-11, 22:54
hi

i am interested at staying at the sterling ( rental) but as I am away from Singapore, i can't view the place. Can some residents share with me how you find the condo? facilities good? not too rundown? and do your kids enjoy living there? thanks

nice condo.....big pool and gym....not run down at all:D

satomilton
07-04-11, 07:48
Just my first hand experience to share. Have been living in a rental unit at maple woods since April 2010 saraca court. Can confirm that no floods happened here, at least at this car park block, since then.

AK47
07-04-11, 17:56
Yield seem bad for this area. Barely 3%.

$4,500 for 1500sqft...:doh:

spikey69
07-04-11, 21:27
Yield seem bad for this area. Barely 3%.

$4,500 for 1500sqft...:doh:

short term rental yield is definitely bad but the potential long term capital yield because of the factors discussed earlier would be hard to beat.

ymgsterling
07-04-11, 21:55
didn't hear anything abt sterling...now checking with guys living there.

but it doesn't make sense to en bloc - sterling is just 10 yrs old and what kind of premium price can they draw anyway?

My sentiment too. No commercial sense, at least for now.

land118
07-04-11, 22:11
Just my first hand experience to share. Have been living in a rental unit at maple woods since April 2010 saraca court. Can confirm that no floods happened here, at least at this car park block, since then. Someone told me that Maple Woods has good cockroach problem, is it true. Not sure what he meant, but can only only tink that there are more cockroaches than normal...true or not?

devilplate
07-04-11, 22:13
Someone told me that Maple Woods has good cockroach problem, is it true. Not sure what he meant, but can only only tink that there are more cockcroaches than normal...true or not?

Icon.sail aso got bugs problem......

tat tenant nvr take care the hse la....call pest control can solve the problem liao

land118
07-04-11, 22:18
Icon.sail aso got bugs problem......

tat tenant nvr take care the hse la....call pest control can solve the problem liao guess, just have to do more regular control if got bugs problem....

satomilton
07-04-11, 23:09
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-lp78QLJ7A

watch this video shot outside maplewoods.

see the guys walking by and the water is up to his calves. even if the carparks are not flooded, you want to live in this condo?

See, I live at saraca court in a rental. As such have no real incentive to keep it's reputation etc but the video above may convey too drastic of a situation as the footage taken on bukit timah rd, entrance of the condo but it is not flooding inside condo.

satomilton
07-04-11, 23:12
guess, just have to do more regular control if got bugs problem....
Living on a Low floor I can say there are more coach roaches then I'd like. We have used the grocery store type pest control which helped but some still there especially at T the laundry area.

At least no ants as ones I used to battle with in another unit at st Thomas walk.:)

ymgsterling
08-04-11, 13:54
nice condo.....big pool and gym....not run down at all:D

Generally nice environment, quiet and peaceful.
Heard the resident committee is very on the ball.

hopeful
08-04-11, 14:04
Someone told me that Maple Woods has good cockroach problem, is it true. Not sure what he meant, but can only only tink that there are more cockroaches than normal...true or not?

Is it because the cockroaches homes got flooded? so cockroaches have to run up?
I remembered whenever neighbours do renovations, my house will have lots of cockroaches. all their hiding places disturbed.

AK47
08-04-11, 14:09
I was studying the possibility of amalgamation of vacant plots to the left and right of Sterling. As if it happens the potential of Sterling is very good.

Extracted from a SLA document.

"Remnant lands are small and/or irregularly shaped plots of State Lands.

Due to their size and shape, there are limited uses for such lands. To
optimise the use of State Lands, the Government may encourage or
require developers of adjoining lands to purchase and amalgamate such
lands into their projects."

However on closer inspection i realised the empty land are pretty large by its own. Its neither small and/or irregularly shaped. I doubt URA would allow it to be amalgamated.

spikey69
08-04-11, 17:47
Generally nice environment, quiet and peaceful.
Heard the resident committee is very on the ball.

The security ic is also damn on the ball...which is good.

devilplate
08-04-11, 17:51
btw, sterling built by FEO.....quality still goodie after 10yrs:cheers6:

duno y many condemn FEO quality wor...

i simply love their worksmanship.....personally witnessed lakeshore, vida, icon, clift.....

spikey69
08-04-11, 18:30
btw, sterling built by FEO.....quality still goodie after 10yrs:cheers6:

duno y many condemn FEO quality wor...

i simply love their worksmanship.....personally witnessed lakeshore, vida, icon, clift.....

for this particular project, i agree. For their recent projects, the finishing better be good - they charge a premium over others in the area!

ymgsterling
08-04-11, 22:15
The security ic is also damn on the ball...which is good.
I heard a lot of residents get into "trouble" with him. Sometimes
he does more than required. On the wrong ball?

spikey69
09-04-11, 05:13
I heard a lot of residents get into "trouble" with him. Sometimes
he does more than required. On the wrong ball?

so far so good with him...if u flout the rules, of course, get into trouble la.

ymgsterling
01-06-11, 11:56
been monitoring the price movment, noted that asking price is between $1,400 to $1,500 now. One the ad., even noted that this is valuation price.
What are your thoughts?:cheers1:

devilplate
01-06-11, 12:10
been monitoring the price movment, noted that asking price is between $1,400 to $1,500 now. One the ad., even noted that this is valuation price.
What are your thoughts?:cheers1:
Unrealistic asking px, but i lovin it...hahaha

ymgsterling
01-06-11, 15:48
Unrealistic asking px, but i lovin it...hahaha

Haha! i asked which bank quoted that, agent can't reply.:banghead:

Snail
01-06-11, 18:27
Living on a Low floor I can say there are more coach roaches then I'd like. We have used the grocery store type pest control which helped but some still there especially at T the laundry area.

At least no ants as ones I used to battle with in another unit at st Thomas walk.:)

I actually have the opposite problem at MW..... we had a few roaches in the first year but we've not seen any now in a while but we got a lot more ants - ground floor. We just started tackling that problem now.

Flooding, none recently.

Next problem is the Access Hole for the DTL2 TBM right outside and MW now organising a petition to have it moved. Problem is mostly about the number of kids walking to MGS that will have to walk along the new footpath on the new bit of road installed above the river. The current footpath along MW boundary is to get dug up and nobody till recently told MW management. There's also a problem of a 3-Way bottleneck being planned for BT Road, MW and Truck Access to the hole.

I don't have/use Facebook but anyone that does can find the details on the MW petition page.

Sterling now is in the better position till construction is complete.

spikey69
06-06-11, 13:32
Went down to Casa Esperanza and Sterling yesterday in the late morning for some errands. Thankfully, the exit from Blackmore down to Bt Timah Road to Clementi Road was not blocked by the floods.

It appears that the flood prone area lies between Blackmore (not inclusive) all the way down to Tessarina. This means Maplewoods, Cascadia, Floridian, Nexus are all affected....

Wild Falcon
06-06-11, 16:53
Yah. Flood prone area. But at least u have some comfort that the carpark of Sterling is not flooded lor. At least FEO has some conscience to plan the drainage properly and effectively within the condo compound. Outside the condo is not within the developer's control.

Went down to Casa Esperanza and Sterling yesterday in the late morning for some errands. Thankfully, the exit from Blackmore down to Bt Timah Road to Clementi Road was not blocked by the floods.

It appears that the flood prone area lies between Blackmore (not inclusive) all the way down to Tessarina. This means Maplewoods, Cascadia, Floridian, Nexus are all affected....

spikey69
06-06-11, 18:21
Yah. Flood prone area. But at least u have some comfort that the carpark of Sterling is not flooded lor. At least FEO has some conscience to plan the drainage properly and effectively within the condo compound. Outside the condo is not within the developer's control.

You're right...someone in FEO had the foresight to build just that bit higher that Bt Timah Road. But if the flood waters really reach the height of the entrance to Sterling, that's it!

But can you imagine the feelings of those who have purchased Cascadia?

proud owner
06-06-11, 18:56
You're right...someone in FEO had the foresight to build just that bit higher that Bt Timah Road. But if the flood waters really reach the height of the entrance to Sterling, that's it!

But can you imagine the feelings of those who have purchased Cascadia?

many moons ago ... bkt timah was a swamp
the canal was built, land raised .. that the reason why the rows of landed on both side of bkt timah + dunearn have reserve land within their compound ... just in case the day come when govt need to raised the land ...they will take back that strip of reserve land ...

things have improved alot since ... but we are seeing a return of flood in that stretch ...

i wonder , apart from the schools there ... how can D11 still be prime ?

kingkong1984
06-06-11, 21:44
Can the mrt help? The water diverted into the tunnels up to track level. Still ok right?

mygeemeel
07-06-11, 01:41
I think the mrt tunnel should be converted to drainage system to support the long kang.

Ok, seriously, did Tessarina's new flood gates and warning signals work this time?

With these floods, the houses and condos are all affected one way or another, but I don't see anyone exiting/cashing out. Why?

spikey69
07-06-11, 07:16
I think the mrt tunnel should be converted to drainage system to support the long kang.

Ok, seriously, did Tessarina's new flood gates and warning signals work this time?

With these floods, the houses and condos are all affected one way or another, but I don't see anyone exiting/cashing out. Why?

Based on the news reports, Tessarina survived. Wilby Road was raised by a metre and the surrounding storm drains beside and under Tessarina were deepened. They survived this round of floods.

teddybear
07-06-11, 07:49
Bukit Timah is D10 (not D11) right? :o

the canal was built, land raised .. that the reason why the rows of landed on both side of bkt timah + dunearn have reserve land within their compound ... just in case the day come when govt need to raised the land ...they will take back that strip of reserve land ...

things have improved alot since ... but we are seeing a return of flood in that stretch ...

teddybear
07-06-11, 07:49

proud owner
07-06-11, 09:36

hhhmmm now you make me wonder too ...

i think some part is D10 and some part D11 ...

classified ads also use D11/21 right ?

devilplate
07-06-11, 09:44
hhhmmm now you make me wonder too ...

i think some part is D10 and some part D11 ...

classified ads also use D11/21 right ?

from tessarina is D10, after tat is D21 until around sterling

shelford area is D11

ymgsterling
07-06-11, 12:26

shelford area is D11

How do they decide on the district boundry?

stalingrad
07-06-11, 12:27

shelford area is D11

I think the residents of tessarina are very selfish. read below.

SINGAPORE: Experts said the government may have to consider expensive solutions in its review of the drainage system to tackle floods in Singapore.

They said the review must be holistic and go beyond short-term measures.

Bukit Timah road was flooded on Sunday, following heavy and intense rainfall.

But Wilby Road, where Tessarina Condominium is located, was spared of the floods.

Authorities had raised the road level of Wilby Road by almost a metre in some areas.

The project began in October last year and was completed in January this year.

The floods on Sunday were said to be the first real test of the flood preventive measure there.

Residents who had petitioned for the improvement works said they were relieved when the measures worked during Sunday's downpour.

They said the authorities had been responsive to pleas to tackle the situation.

Tessarina Condominium floods sub-committee chairperson Audrey Tan said: "Previously, when Wilby Road was still a low-lying road, whenever Bukit Timah canal burst its banks and flood water hit Bukit Timah Road, there is always the risk that the flood waters will come to Wilby Road and enter Tessarina via the ramps that lead into our basement car park.

"However, now that Wilby Road has been raised, we are free from that risk, because water remains outside, along Bukit Timah Road and Dunearn Road.

"Therefore, our basement car park was free of flood water".

Still, experts said measures such as raising road levels are just "treating the symptoms of floods".

Nanyang Technological University School of Civil & Environmental Engineering associate professor Tan Soon Keat said: "Where does the water go? The water goes to the next lower area, so it is more of shifting the locations of flooding from one place to another place".

That could be the reason other areas such as Sixth Avenue off Bukit Timah Road were said to be flooded.

devilplate
07-06-11, 12:32
How do they decide on the district boundry?
U can try email to ura:D

stalingrad
07-06-11, 12:35
U can try email to ura:D

URA? haha, you are kidding. They are complicit in this "diverting the flood water to thy neighbors" game played by the dermatologist resident of tessarina, who actually won an award of some sort. what is her name?

devilplate
07-06-11, 12:36
Some aso say bcoz there r more construction n more land/trees r given up for buildings along upp bukit timah....so less water retention n more water flows down n flood bukit timah...

Sounds logical which means central regions will b vy jialat as more suburban upstream areas gets developed:scared-4:

devilplate
07-06-11, 12:38
URA? haha, you are kidding. They are complicit in this "diverting the flood water to thy neighbors" game played by the dermatologist resident of tessarina, who actually won an award of some sort. what is her name?
He ask how district boundary is drawn wat.... Anything wromg?:confused:

stalingrad
07-06-11, 12:39
He ask how district boundary is drawn wat.... Anything wromg?:confused:
sorry, I did not know you were replying to someone else.:p:ashamed1:

07-06-11, 23:36
sorry, I did not know you were replying to someone else.:p:ashamed1:

this is picture of tanglin mall, which according to teddy, is a mall in the woodland area. somehow, I think he is blind.

So who is blind in this forum? :doh:

spikey69
28-06-11, 07:29
latest transaction for Sterling is at $1370 psf!

ymgsterling
28-06-11, 13:54
latest transaction for Sterling is at $1370 psf!

now asking price is 1,400psf.
Huat Arh

spikey69
28-06-11, 14:56
$1370psf this was for a 10th floor (top floor) unit...the other transactions are still hovering around $1220 to $1230 psf range...but sterling is still fair value compared to Blossomvale and Maplewoods.

now asking price is 1,400psf.
Huat Arh

leslens
28-06-11, 22:07
bro spikey

any alternative to streetsine now?
cant see unit number already

nexu/maple/sterling all cleared 1300 psf easily
even blossomvale

price between new and resale is <150psf already (thjink cascadia)

ymgsterling
04-07-11, 13:55
$1370psf this was for a 10th floor (top floor) unit...the other transactions are still hovering around $1220 to $1230 psf range...but sterling is still fair value compared to Blossomvale and Maplewoods.

Heard that 1 unit on the 9th floor transacted at $1,400psf just.
Prices are certainly gaining momentum.

spikey69
04-07-11, 21:39
Heard that 1 unit on the 9th floor transacted at $1,400psf just.
Prices are certainly gaining momentum.

haha - could be primary school registration period. Family could be be registering for MGS, hence the spike in psf. The fact that there are no more noisy trains is a positive boost for sterling as well.

Any idea whether it was 1001 or 1003?

spikey69
04-07-11, 21:41
bro spikey

any alternative to streetsine now?
cant see unit number already

nexu/maple/sterling all cleared 1300 psf easily
even blossomvale

price between new and resale is <150psf already (thjink cascadia)

actually, we should just pool our resources and subscribe to find out the unit prices!

East Coast Boy
05-07-11, 17:09
Address Tenure PSF Area Sqft Price Contract Date
#10-05 Freehold $1370 1292 $1770k 20 May 11
#04-14 Freehold $1220 1410 $1720k 16 May 11
#04-08 Freehold $1301 1464 $1905k 13 May 11
#09-02 Freehold $1226 1518 $1860k 27 Apr 11
#01-05 Freehold $1214 1647 $2000k 11 Apr 11
#10-14 Freehold $1219 1378 $1680k 04 Mar 11

spikey69
05-07-11, 18:31
Address Tenure PSF Area Sqft Price Contract Date
#10-05 Freehold $1370 1292 $1770k 20 May 11
#04-14 Freehold $1220 1410 $1720k 16 May 11
#04-08 Freehold $1301 1464 $1905k 13 May 11
#09-02 Freehold $1226 1518 $1860k 27 Apr 11
#01-05 Freehold $1214 1647 $2000k 11 Apr 11
#10-14 Freehold $1219 1378 $1680k 04 Mar 11

Steadly lah East Coast boy!

Favor
08-07-11, 13:31
Steadly lah East Coast boy!

Are there any two bedders in The Sterling ?

ymgsterling
08-07-11, 15:39
Are there any two bedders in The Sterling ?

yes, i think slightly more 1,000 sqft.

spikey69
08-07-11, 17:30
2 bedders are 1,044 sq ft. Expect to pay $1.4M.

bricksnmortar
10-07-11, 00:31
Isn't the MRT station coming up right next to it as well? Plus point +++

spikey69
10-07-11, 08:03
Isn't the MRT station coming up right next to it as well? Plus point +++

and no more trains but a long green strip/lung/spine! Where else can u find a FH condo in Bt Timah directly next to a MRT with immediate access to a stretch of greenery? Best of both worlds!

devilplate
10-07-11, 08:49
and no more trains but a long green strip/lung/spine! Where else can u find a FH condo in Bt Timah directly next to a MRT with immediate access to a stretch of greenery? Best of both worlds!
1400psf oredi say so!:cheers6:

ymgsterling
10-07-11, 22:21
haha - could be primary school registration period. Family could be be registering for MGS, hence the spike in psf. The fact that there are no more noisy trains is a positive boost for sterling as well.

Any idea whether it was 1001 or 1003?

Heard is 1003

spikey69
10-07-11, 23:22
if really $1400 psf then it Sterling has surpassed the much newer Nexus.

ymgsterling
17-07-11, 21:31
if really $1400 psf then it Sterling has surpassed the much newer Nexus.
Caveat lodged!

spikey69
17-07-11, 21:36
Caveat lodged!

which unit and which block? on URA link?

spikey69
17-07-11, 21:38
which unit and which block? on URA link?

Ok got it. THE STERLING BUKIT TIMAH ROAD Condominium 2,168,000 1,539 sq ft 1,408 psf!

spikey69
14-08-11, 07:38
Another new caveat....excellent. Looks like the much older Sterling has established a level at the same/higher than Nexus and Maplewoods. I think even Blossomvale is doing well. Must be the proximity to the MRT.

THE STERLING BUKIT TIMAH ROAD Condominium 1 2,650,000 1,970 sq ft 1,345 psf Jul-11

spikey69
18-09-11, 08:02
Now all the units asking for at least 1500 psf...excellent.

ymgsterling
19-09-11, 14:29
Now all the units asking for at least 1500 psf...excellent.

I think the key is transacted price and not asking price.
Seller can asked for any price but whether buyer will bite.

spikey69
19-09-11, 22:49
I think the key is transacted price and not asking price.
Seller can asked for any price but whether buyer will bite.

highest transacted is still $1405 psf...looks like it will creep further to reach $1500 soon

ymgsterling
11-10-11, 20:49
Another unit transacted!

spikey69
12-10-11, 18:23
not bad - $1,370,000 1,001 sq ft 1,369 psf Sep-11

ymgsterling
12-10-11, 22:32
not bad - $1,370,000 1,001 sq ft 1,369 psf Sep-11

Which unit is this?

spikey69
13-10-11, 01:21
Which unit is this?

no idea...yet. Must check.

Snail
17-10-11, 18:02
I still have a friend there who's unit lets water through the main room's window everytime it rains hard, despite it being 'fixed' twice already so for $1400psf i would go somewhere else with my own money.

spikey69
17-10-11, 21:03
I still have a friend there who's unit lets water through the main room's window everytime it rains hard, despite it being 'fixed' twice already so for $1400psf i would go somewhere else with my own money.
interesting...doesn't happen to my unit...yet...haha

devilplate
17-10-11, 21:06
Change another handyman la:rolleyes:

Dun buy jus becoz of a window leak?:scared-4:

There r many older condos wif leak here and there....

Mabe tats y some ppl only buy new? Den sell and buy new ones every 5yrs?

Snail
19-10-11, 16:00
Dun buy jus becoz of a window leak?:scared-4:

I believe this is just systematic of other problems with construction company's material, workmanship or management.

Mabe tats y some ppl only buy new? Den sell and buy new ones every 5yrs?

Could be, as long as under developer warranty period - almost like a car.

ymgsterling
19-10-11, 16:31
Water seepage is common, happens to new development too.
It is the responsibility of the MCST to do the rectification works, I doubt there is much of an issue.:tsk-tsk:

Snail
25-10-11, 12:16
Water seepage is common, happens to new development too.
It is the responsibility of the MCST to do the rectification works, I doubt there is much of an issue.:tsk-tsk:

Seepage is one thing, floating is another but they've had two chances to fix the problem so far and it's not done.

vince.toh70
27-06-12, 08:13
Wow! Close to $1,500 psf
now.

spikey69
27-06-12, 19:18
Wow! Close to $1,500 psf
now.

yup $1,481 psf...new benchmark. But this unit was not in original condition. It had a major $100k+ makeover.

spikey69
03-10-12, 19:07
Wow! Close to $1,500 psf
now.

and yes...sterling hits $1500 psf with the latest transaction for a 1292 sq ft unit

ymgsterling
06-10-12, 21:47
and yes...sterling hits $1500 psf with the latest transaction for a 1292 sq ft unit

Do u know which unit, unit orientation or condition?
Seems that Sterling is the most exp older development along Bukit Timah now

spikey69
06-10-12, 23:03
Do u know which unit, unit orientation or condition?
Seems that Sterling is the most exp older development along Bukit Timah now

not sure which unit but prices definitely benefitting frm the mrt downstairs and future KA park redevelopment +MGS of course

spikey69
13-04-18, 08:56
1291 sqft unit at 1001 has just sold at $1704 psf...

every unit put on the market is snapped up in record time...never seen anything like this...enbloc spill over