PDA

View Full Version : Looking for condo at Shelford

fn6193
17-05-09, 22:45
Any recommendation?

dmonddd
17-05-09, 23:24
the shelford. but you hardly find any unit for sale.
further asking price is still high because local owners occupied or entry prices were high then.

fn6193
18-05-09, 08:55
Bro,

Thank for your advise. Sad to know as wanted to get one at shelford area. :(

dmonddd
18-05-09, 09:04
first saw last year at $1300psf
now saw ura prices at about $1000psf

the better project in shelford area with gate to main road.
Other projects need to use the shortcut.

watten estate is another affordable one. more for own stay.

fn6193
18-05-09, 15:29
Watten estate got new release? It price is competitive with Shelford I will serious look into it.

fn6193
24-05-09, 21:44
Need expert advise for this.
Visit show flat of Shelford 23 and quoted $1230 pfs.
Any expert here can provide advise? I don't really know whether this psf is consider high, average or low at this time if I commit to buy?

august
24-05-09, 23:11
Need expert advise for this.
Visit show flat of Shelford 23 and quoted $1230 pfs.
Any expert here can provide advise? I don't really know whether this psf is consider high, average or low at this time if I commit to buy?

wat about Shelford Suites? Any idea developer's pricing now?

fn6193
24-05-09, 23:15
Latest check quoted at $1600 pfs

august
24-05-09, 23:18
Latest check quoted at $1600 pfs

oh ok, same as launch price, no drop.

ToBMaster
10-07-09, 12:56
oh ok, same as launch price, no drop.

I have a unit in 19 Shelford. I think it is one of the better ones in Shelford area (of course, The Shelford is better as it is newer). Down side - it is more than 10 years old.

Another option is Kellett Court but it is a small development (~32 units).

4 new developments: Shelford Suites (CitiDev), 18 Shelford (Popular), 23 Shelford and D'Chateau (or something similar).

Of course, good to hear what others have to say ...

BR

Petmail
10-07-09, 15:10
DO drop me a line @ 82818888 if you are keen to explore shelford @ 1210psf. brand new from developer. thanks!

:)
Pet

duckweed
10-07-09, 19:00
I have a unit in 19 Shelford. I think it is one of the better ones in Shelford area (of course, The Shelford is better as it is newer). Down side - it is more than 10 years old.

4 new developments: Shelford Suites (CitiDev), 18 Shelford (Popular), 23 Shelford and D'Chateau (or something similar).

BR

i like 19 shelford too. lots of open space, and some of the units have really wonderful view. however, i find the single level units to be too small. the 3bedders are all 2 level. also, some of the bedrooms may not have sufficient windows.

it's a short walk to dunearn road via shortcut, so not too bad.

watchdog
15-07-09, 19:00
Hi duckweed,

Note that for the 3 bedrooms, they are available in both flat plan and duplex. The flat plans are quite rare though. I personally find the 3 br flat plan too small (about 1,110 sq ft) and much prefer the 3 br duplex (1400+ to 1700+).

You are right about the windows. One thing I don't like is that for the duplex, the windows are mostly fixed and only the top panel can open. For the 2 bedroom on the upper level, the ventilation is only a small panel that is quite high. Looks like those are designed to be under air conditioning most of the time.

i like 19 shelford too. lots of open space, and some of the units have really wonderful view. however, i find the single level units to be too small. the 3bedders are all 2 level. also, some of the bedrooms may not have sufficient windows.

it's a short walk to dunearn road via shortcut, so not too bad.

teddybear
15-07-09, 21:19
Shelford Suites - Most of the units face East & West - Hot like hell in the afternoon till night time.

D'Chateau - Small project, little facility.

23 Shelford & 18 Shelford - Looks very cramp.

Actually Shelford road area usually very bad traffic jam especially just before school starts and after school ends (because of Raffles Girls Primary School nearby).

BR

ToBMaster
16-07-09, 15:19
I actually visited the showflats of Shelford Suites, D'Chateau and 23 Shelford. As usual, all very nicely done, but, it seems the land areas are all rather small unlike the older ones ...

As for traffic jam after school, I am not too familiar as I usually return home much later. However, on the few rare occasions that I returned home at 6+, dunearn road is jammed (lanes 2 and 3) up till hillcrest road. But if you keep to the right lane, it should be OK ... Wait till you try King's road and the vicinity near NYPS in the morning and at 1+ ... luckily, NYPS is a single session school.

However, I realise that the condo units in Duchess Road area are more expensive than those in Watten and Shelford Roads although they are just separated by BT/Dunearn.

Regarding 19 Shelford, I have visited many units during my house-hunting days. The 4th floor 3BR duplex units come in different configurations. Some units do have proper windows on the upper level (rare though). However, the best units are the 10th floor duplex units (proper windows in both the upper floor units), better if they are facing the pool.

Happy house-hunting :-)

PS: I am an interested party as I stay in 19 Shelford :spliff:

Shelford Suites - Most of the units face East & West - Hot like hell in the afternoon till night time.

Actually Shelford road area usually very bad traffic jam especially just before school starts and after school ends (because of Raffles Girls Primary School nearby).

Regulators
16-07-09, 15:43
driving past NYPS at 5 plus is a nightmare. I dont know why the darn school allows parents to park their cars by the roadside obstructing the traffic flow. :doh: :doh:

I actually visited the showflats of Shelford Suites, D'Chateau and 23 Shelford. As usual, all very nicely done, but, it seems the land areas are all rather small unlike the older ones ...

As for traffic jam after school, I am not too familiar as I usually return home much later. However, on the few rare occasions that I returned home at 6+, dunearn road is jammed (lanes 2 and 3) up till hillcrest road. But if you keep to the right lane, it should be OK ... Wait till you try King's road and the vicinity near NYPS in the morning and at 1+ ... luckily, NYPS is a single session school.

However, I realise that the condo units in Duchess Road area are more expensive than those in Watten and Shelford Roads although they are just separated by BT/Dunearn.

Regarding 19 Shelford, I have visited many units during my house-hunting days. The 4th floor 3BR duplex units come in different configurations. Some units do have proper windows on the upper level (rare though). However, the best units are the 10th floor duplex units (proper windows in both the upper floor units), better if they are facing the pool.

Happy house-hunting :-)

PS: I am an interested party as I stay in 19 Shelford :spliff:

ToBMaster
16-07-09, 15:58
Are you sure? NYPS is a single session school. CCA ends 5+. Did you get your timing correct?

No disrespect meant. :)

BR

driving past NYPS at 5 plus is a nightmare. I dont know why the darn school allows parents to park their cars by the roadside obstructing the traffic flow. :doh: :doh:

duckweed
16-07-09, 20:11
10th floor at 19shelford - must have truly lovely view all around? it should be the highest point at shelford, i think? last time when i was looking around, no units in the tower block were on sale.

regarding traffic near schools. this should be expected, i suppose? i pity those who are planning to get in/out of yet-to-be-completed hillcrest villas in the future. i am not sure where the entrance/exit is, but i do believe the line of cars queueing to get into rgps stretches around this devt, and likely to block the entrance/exit.

hence, it's good to be near, but never too near.

if one is coming back from PIE and dunearn road is jammed, can go into vanda road and from there, you can reach shelford road, bypassing dunearn. just need to know how to zig-zag inside.

sushi
12-08-09, 20:06
Hi, anyone here viewed or stayed in Shelford Regency? Hows that place? How much do you reckon its worth based on pfs? Its seems to be nearer in term of walking distance to Coronation Plaza and maybe future MRT station.:)

echotrain
12-08-09, 23:37
Hi, anyone here viewed or stayed in Shelford Regency? Hows that place? How much do you reckon its worth based on pfs? Its seems to be nearer in term of walking distance to Coronation Plaza and maybe future MRT station.:)

Think you really have to see the place cos it was built sometime back. Then decide. But there are a large number of condos in the Shelford region which may exacerbate the traffic situation. Must go during peak hour to see?

duckweed
13-08-09, 00:42

i recall seeing a unit at shelford regency in 2007, so hope i remember correctly. didn't like the development. smallish plot and the unit i viewed was very dark. car park seemed rather cramped. it's closer to dunearn road compared to many of the other shelford projects.

the shelford should be the most accessible with the side gate very close to the bus-stop. while developments on the other side of shelford road have the shortcut footpath to the junction of dunearn/adam junction (very close to adam road eatery).

fn6193
13-08-09, 08:58
Shelford Suite phrase x launched last week, anyone check it out what is the latest psf? :)
6 months ago it quoted $1600.

shoobie
14-08-09, 11:21
i recall seeing a unit at shelford regency in 2007, so hope i remember correctly. didn't like the development. smallish plot and the unit i viewed was very dark. car park seemed rather cramped. it's closer to dunearn road compared to many of the other shelford projects.

the shelford should be the most accessible with the side gate very close to the bus-stop. while developments on the other side of shelford road have the shortcut footpath to the junction of dunearn/adam junction (very close to adam road eatery).

19 Shelford has a walk way down to the dunearn/adam junction, but the walk to coronation plaza where the bank, NTUC and eateries are seem to be quite a distance away compare to Shelford Regency. Guess if seriously looking at that place, one must be able to accept the heavy traffic during the peak hours.

Anyone experience the small route drive back to RGPS? Hows the traffic like in the morning? I know the main dunearn road is bad. : )

shoobie
14-08-09, 11:30
Seems like this Shelford area is mainly for home stayer rather than investing...so do you think is worth buying a unit in either 19 Shleford or Shelford Regency at $1kpsf? Do you reakon that the price in this area will be more or less stagnant or did have some appreication potential? Anyone please kindly input your views...Thanks...:)

teddybear
14-08-09, 11:41
Only ok for own stay (not investment) but then still have to tolerate the traffic jam in the area and limited amenities and shopping. IMHO not worth >$1k psf.

Seems like this Shelford area is mainly for home stayer rather than investing...so do you think is worth buying a unit in either 19 Shleford or Shelford Regency at $1kpsf? Do you reakon that the price in this area will be more or less stagnant or did have some appreication potential? Anyone please kindly input your views...Thanks...:)

watchdog
14-08-09, 12:36
Don't think its worth it. Between the two, I think 19 Shelford is nicer. For some strange reason, my handphone can never work properly when in Shelford Regency. The unit I saw is also quite dark and the master bedroom layout a bit weird.

With quite a lot of construction going on, renting out will be hard if your unit faces a site.

echotrain
14-08-09, 12:36
My take is for own stay. Or for those who are trying to get their kids into the neighbouring schools. But I think you go do some parent volunteer etc can stand better chance than just blowing your money to stay nearby. Better still if you blow money by donating to build a school hall, sure get in :P

sushi
14-08-09, 15:50
Don't think its worth it. Between the two, I think 19 Shelford is nicer. For some strange reason, my handphone can never work properly when in Shelford Regency. The unit I saw is also quite dark and the master bedroom layout a bit weird.

With quite a lot of construction going on, renting out will be hard if your unit faces a site.

That few development does not seem to be fetching high rental rates. The unit in Shelford Regency you saw is 2 or 3 bedrooms?

ToBMaster
14-08-09, 16:27
All:

I am replying to some of the postings. BTW, I have vested interest in 19 Shelford, so my views may not be impartial, although I try to "retrict/avoid" partialness. Just to state upfront.

You may not agree with my views but it is good to agree to disagree. Right?

To echotrain:
Getting into NYPS by becoming a parent volunteer is very difficult. I have been through that, not every Tom, Dick and Harry can be a parent volunteer. One needs to provide services that the school needs. If I am not wrong, most of the condos in Shelford area are within 1km from NYPS and RGPS. This year, the statistics for P1 registration are as follow:
NYPS: Phase 2C: 55 applicants (54 within 1 km) for 47 places
RGPS: Phase 2C: All appplicants within 2km accepted; balotting for those living more than 2km away

To watchdog:
I agree, 19 Shelford is definitely better, but to each his own ...

To teddybear
The recent 99Y LH condo in AMK is selling at > 1K psf, so a freehold condo in BT should be priced higher, right? Honestly, I am as confused as everyone about the recent property prices. The best rule may just be: pay the price that you are happy and comfortable with.

As for amenities, there is Cold Storage and Island Creamery at Serene Centre, which is 10 minutes' walk from 19 Shelford, using the Adam/Shelford path. Of course, not forgetting NTUC at Coronation Plaza; and the new additions: Starbucks and NYNY. But all these are not important to me. I usually get my groceries elsewhere. What is nice though, is the proximity to Botanic Gardens.

As for traffic jams, my observation is that the traffic is heavy on Farrer Road in the morning and Bukit Timah in the evening. As for traffic conditions in the morning for Shelford Road, I have already posted my observations somewhere, so I shan't repeat.

To shoobie
A 2br 19 Shelford unit should be able to command a rental of 2.5K to 3K per month (current situation, used to be 3K+ in 2008, before the crisis). Anyway, I guess a return of 3-4% for a freehold property is reasonable. But again, it all boils down to each person's expectation.

To fn6193:
Shelford Suites was relaunched last week. I believe the price is now 14xx psf, down from 16xx. Good luck to the few early buyers :(

To duckweed:
The Shelford is the "newest" completed property in Shelford area and it is the most expensive too. Majority of the units are quite big, which means the absolute value is big too. I do recall that there is a block with smaller units but I cannot confirm. Pardon my forgetfulness ...

To sushi:
Try using Google Earth to get a perspective of the Shelford area. I believe Shelford Regency is a small development (56 units) slightly larger than Kelett Court. Between Shelford Regency and Kellett Court (32 units), I would choose the latter. Personally, I prefer 19 Shelford (256 units @ 11xx psf) or The Shelford (215 units at 13xx psf). {The prices are current average asking prices, not transacted prices}

Maybe you should start a new thread on Shelford Regency so as to get more information.

I am posting because:
1. I have vested interest in 19 Shelford
2. I am trying to provide an owner's perspectives
3. Agents may have all the information but if they do not stay in the area, they may not understand.
4. There are fantastic agents who provide balanced views, but an additional source of information is good.

TBM

watchdog
14-08-09, 19:17
Thanks ToBMaster,

Your views are very useful to those of us that can only base our experiences on our relatively short viewing experiences and exploration of the area.

Sushi,

The unit I saw was a 3BR. The bedroom has a strange bay window like projection (facing the pool). What I always do when I see a development is check the MCST noticeboard. You can find lots of funny things there. I read about some complaints about vandalism etc - didn't give me a good impression although I concede this can go on in any other development.

FWIW, the development I like the most in that area is The Shelford. Saw a unit at the very top of the hill overlooking the stepped slopes going down to the lowest point. Very nice.... unfortunately the price not so nice. I like the overall design and the fact that the back gate lets you out directly to Bukit Timah / Dunearn. Children can reach the bus stop easily compared to the other developments. And for those looking, the 3BR is to me better than the 3BR + study, because the study is quite awkward with no windows and hence no natural lighting.

andy
19-08-09, 12:15

Yes I agree that Shelford rd is bad when it comes to exit into Dundern. Also Adam Park is really strange when you can enter via Adam Rd and then exit by going up several stories to shelford.

shoobie
25-08-09, 21:38
Apparently, there isn't much land left around this region. So do you think that the prices of these development around Shelford will appreciate as afterall they are still the few affordable ones within 1-2km from the good schools.

Allessi123
27-08-09, 10:35
i am considering to look for a resale unit in The Shelford. Any idea what is the current psf for a 2B or 3B ?
one comment , noticed that this condo is "wear-off" on external view....windows and paint looked like more than 10 yrs old.

any advise ?

Lord Anus
27-08-09, 14:53
singapore weather is hell on external paintwork.

shelford TOP about 3 years ago, should be due for re-painting soon. which is usually the case for most condos?

maybe you ask the MC when they intend to repaint.

don't let the outside turn you off the inside. feel shelford offers the most value for money bargain around that area, also best of the bunch in terms of facilities.

not vested (no schooling kids yet).

shoobie
17-09-09, 21:15
Now that the land area over at the shelford region has more or less been filled, do you think that there are any chances for the developments over there getting en-boc? What do you think? Please kindly input your views, just for discussion-sake....:cheers6:

Latio
26-11-09, 14:30
Try to go for Watten estate Condo.
Very cosy with rich greenies.
Lower PSF too.

As for enbloc...not sure cos it seems residents are old and filthy rich....:doh::banghead:

new2mondrian
26-11-09, 18:06
watten estate condo tried going for en-bloc in 2007, but wasn't successful. well, they might just try again.

but i do not like watten estate due to the following:

1) distance to main road. simply too far to walk out. i would rather take shelford stretch instead (since there is a short cut near shelford suites to the main road, hence more walkable).

2) the condo is really old with dated facilities. Given the failed en-bloc process in 07, it might be years before another successful en-bloc can go through.

3) with the exception of blk 44, other blks in the estate are outside 1km of nanyang primary. hence no proximity to nanyang as a selling point (to buyers or tenants) as compared to other devts in the area.

But agree that the shelford area has promise, in comparison with watten estate. was looking at NineteenShelfordRoad a while ago. It is much better maintained, and nearer to main road and Adam Rd market than Watten Estate Condo.

Latio
03-12-09, 13:27
From SLA, Watten estate condo is less than 1km to NYPS; ie zone 1. :hell-hath-no-fury:

ahlahdin
03-12-09, 16:20
I would go for the shelford condo by capitaland instead. it is much newer, bigger plot of land, more facilities and prices are not high currently. it is affordable for those small families who have one child to send to school and who are targetting nanyang primary.

those who are targetting SCGS could look at Trevose Park (FH) or The Trevose (LH), they are quite cheap now compared to The Equatorial accross the junction.

Those who are targetting ACS Barker Road have nothing to worry about on the residential front: so many condos there... the cheapest being Chancery court (LH) and Balmoral Gate (FH).

new2mondrian
03-12-09, 18:00
From SLA, Watten estate condo is less than 1km to NYPS; ie zone 1. :hell-hath-no-fury:
Did you obtain the information via the $5 service in INLIS.gov, and called up NYPS to verify the data? :)

new2mondrian
03-12-09, 18:03
I would go for the shelford condo by capitaland instead. it is much newer, bigger plot of land, more facilities and prices are not high currently. it is affordable for those small families who have one child to send to school and who are targetting nanyang primary.

those who are targetting SCGS could look at Trevose Park (FH) or The Trevose (LH), they are quite cheap now compared to The Equatorial accross the junction.

Those who are targetting ACS Barker Road have nothing to worry about on the residential front: so many condos there... the cheapest being Chancery court (LH) and Balmoral Gate (FH).

alahdin, you are good! U really sussed out the whole area already ah?

The Shelford is good.... but alas the psf pricing is also equally reflective of this. :)

teddybear
03-12-09, 18:18
While The Shelford looks good, for that sort of $psf pricing, I can get better and more convenient locations.

Latio
04-12-09, 07:59
Oh... My wife said the info checked from SLA.
So you confirmed from that source that you are right with only Block 44?

Thanks...

new2mondrian
04-12-09, 08:35
Oh... My wife said the info checked from SLA.
So you confirmed from that source that you are right with only Block 44?

Thanks...

Pal, if you are really keen to buy, plse don't save on that few bucks. Do your own homework on what are the surrounding amenities. Do your own research as to which are the schools that are within 1km. Basically when u file an INLIS search, it needs the EXACT postal code of the property. Watten Estate Condo is simply the name of the entire group of blocks within the Condo; each block has its unique postal code. Just a couple of months back, a friend was really interested in a $700k (1000sqft) 2-bedder in that devt hence I helped to check from INLIS. If you are so keen, good to check it up yourself and verify as well with the school. Not all blocks are created equal.

Shelford Rd is much nearer NY PRIMARY Sch (NOT Nanyang Girls' High) than Watten. Hence Shelford's valuations are much higher, not to say Shelford stretch is much nearer to the main rd via the shortcut to Adam Rd Market.

Latio
04-12-09, 13:20
I see. Thanks for the advice.

Did yr friend bought the 700k unit?
Any feedback from him pls?

new2mondrian
07-12-09, 11:37
I see. Thanks for the advice.

Did yr friend bought the 700k unit?
Any feedback from him pls?

Nope, he didn't. Anyway, that 700k unit was advertised for close to 2 months before it was sold. The agent pestered my friend non-stop for a cheque.

Totally up to you.... some people like it there, some do not. And at the end of the day, if it is for self stay, your family must like it there too. Take a drive there at night. If your children and wife like the surroundings, then it is up to you to see if the price justifies the buy.

Latio
08-12-09, 12:33
I see.
Really appreciate your sharing.

Yes, Blk 40 is confirmed less than 1 km to NYPS with the web site u mentioned.

:cool:

Latio
15-12-09, 11:57
Just saw from URA Caveat that a 958sqft apt in 19 Shelford just sold for $1.138mil or at 1188psf, that is a mighty impressive high price.....

:scared-4: :scared-3: :eek:

Regulators
15-12-09, 13:28
that place is neither here nor there, is it worth that much? i also never understood how condos like maplewoods, nexus and floridian can be considered to be in the prime part of bukit timah. the part of bukit timah that i consider posh is where The Legend, Madison Residences, etc are, just opposite barker rd.

Just saw from URA Caveat that a 958sqft apt in 19 Shelford just sold for $1.138mil or at 1188psf, that is a mighty impressive high price.....

Lord Anus
15-12-09, 14:30
that place is neither here nor there, is it worth that much? i also never understood how condos like maplewoods, nexus and floridian can be considered to be in the prime part of bukit timah. the part of bukit timah that i consider posh is where The Legend, Madison Residences, etc are, just opposite barker rd.

you are another talk cock king. no ****ing sense of geographic awareness.

if you cannot differentiate between shelford area (D11 lower bukit timah opposite farrer rd area) and maplewoods area (D21 tan chong motors area), you shouldn't be talking about bukit timah property here.

go back to your serangoon rd lah. maybe you can differentiate better when there is black and yellow colours.

Lord Anus
15-12-09, 14:32

1188 psf for shelford rd is cheap. mark my words.;)

Latio
15-12-09, 15:58
Saw from Enbloc section here that in 2007, Watten Estate tried enbloc at $400mil in Jun 07 and then suddenly raised to $480mil in Jul 07.....

Wonder what would be a competitive enbloc value now?

echotrain
15-12-09, 23:12

if you cannot differentiate between shelford area (D11 lower bukit timah opposite farrer rd area) and maplewoods area (D21 tan chong motors area), you shouldn't be talking about bukit timah property here.

go back to your serangoon rd lah. maybe you can differentiate better when there is black and yellow colours.

Relax... he is just saying how there are different parts of "bukit timah"...

I think there is the
1) balmoral stretch, nice nice nice, nearer town, near schools like SCGS and ACS
2) duchess stretch with shelford and watten opposite, near schs too like nanyang and rgps
3) Floridian stretch (further down)
4) upper bukit timah (KAP and beyond, if you want to lump this together as well)...

I will rate prices to be highest from balmoral then becoming cheaper towards upper bukit timah. And yes, I think anything cheaper than 1200PSF is a very good deal now. But alas, I was hoping on getting something along the balmoral stretch for <1200PSF but I think it is impossible now.

Regulators
15-12-09, 23:38
are you illiterate? i did not say shelford belongs to the same area as maplewoods, nexus or floridian. :doh: :doh:

nicole2008
29-12-09, 22:22
are you illiterate? i did not say shelford belongs to the same area as maplewoods, nexus or floridian. :doh: :doh:

I sincerely pity u.... U have been greatly hated by majority of the people in this forum and still think that u are someone on top of the world....Please wake up your F**king idea and F**k off from this forum!!!

teddybear
01-01-10, 09:33
You could now. One of the unit in Belmond green was transacted at $1199psf in Dec 09 and Chateau Le Fame at $893psf in Nov09

Relax... he is just saying how there are different parts of "bukit timah"...

I think there is the
1) balmoral stretch, nice nice nice, nearer town, near schools like SCGS and ACS
2) duchess stretch with shelford and watten opposite, near schs too like nanyang and rgps
3) Floridian stretch (further down)
4) upper bukit timah (KAP and beyond, if you want to lump this together as well)...

I will rate prices to be highest from balmoral then becoming cheaper towards upper bukit timah. And yes, I think anything cheaper than 1200PSF is a very good deal now. But alas, I was hoping on getting something along the balmoral stretch for <1200PSF but I think it is impossible now.

echotrain
01-01-10, 09:57
You could now. One of the unit in Belmond green was transacted at $1199psf in Dec 09 and Chateau Le Fame at $893psf in Nov09

Saw those. But when I go around asking, nobody gives those prices. They will tell you "Cyan selling 1900psf".

Moby
23-01-10, 13:45
With China overheating, a major correction is on the cards. Soon the asking should come down to 1100psf

Reporter
24-01-10, 01:14
With China overheating, a major correction is on the cards. Soon the asking should come down to 1100psf
What if your prediction is wrong?

Belmond Green
Address ........................... psf .............. Area ........... Price ............. Contract Date
. 15 Balmoral Road #03-02 ..... $1,550 psf o.. 1,335 sqft .... $2,069,000 ..... 30 Dec 09
15C Balmoral Road #06-15 .... $1,568 psf o.. 1,550 sqft .... $2,430,000 ..... 18 Dec 09

Chateau Le Fame
Address ........................... psf .............. Area ........... Price ............. Contract Date
51 Ewe Boon Road #02-09 .... $1,042 psf o... 1,163 sqft .... $1,200,000 ..... 23 Dec 09

Latio
01-02-10, 09:55
With Cube 8 selling so well.... Is scary thought for Singaporeans and our kids to secure housing in future.....

:scared-4:

Sighh..... :mad:

moneyspinner
01-02-10, 10:53
With Cube 8 selling so well.... Is scary thought for Singaporeans and our kids to secure housing in future.....

:scared-4:

Sighh..... :mad:

No fear. Just stay in HDB loh.:tsk-tsk:

dtrax
01-02-10, 11:26
There will always be another property cycle, how soon, not sure. Just make sure to store plenty of ammo n not miss the boat

proud owner
02-02-10, 01:12
There will always be another property cycle, how soon, not sure. Just make sure to store plenty of ammo n not miss the boat

80 pct of population lives in HDB .. some good lcaotions the rest so so ...

but when a good location transact at a new high .. everyone raises their price .. even if it is Marseilling (opps not saying its crap location) ..

soon ..it will become 'heated' again .. even if oppositions dont bring it up during election .. PAP will also want to 'ensure' tat HDB will still be affordable ...

BUT HOW ?? raise basic salary for the 80 pct across the board ? NOT POSSIBLE

so what ? Build More ? but with Dawson kind of price ? still people will complain ...

so i feel .. govt/ HDB will talk about prices again ..

in 2007 when those enbloc people with money started paying unbelievable prices for Queenstown ..MAH B T said those are ' isolated cases' .. but now everywhere also 'isolated' ????

dont u think they will be more careful on HDB pricing as we approach election ? we dont need opposition to bring up this issue .. PAP will do it themselves ..

thats my feel

ken5511
31-03-10, 10:57
If anyone of you is interested in WattenHill Condo, I have a nice townhouse unit for Rent/Sales. Fully renovated with very nice unblock view. Please visit my website for more details.
Thanks.

leslens
20-06-10, 16:43
guys what do you think of the project 19 shelford and The Shelford

recent transacted prices are at 11xx-12xx psf for 19 shelford and 15xx psf for The shelford

however i noticed that the units for sale now are being flipped in the space of 6-9months, alerting me that his project is heavily speculated, esp those at 19 shelford

would anyone buy a unit at 1.1x million knowing that the same unit was bought for 900k 6 months ago?

what do you guys think of both projects

devilplate
20-06-10, 20:07
guys what do you think of the project 19 shelford and The Shelford

recent transacted prices are at 11xx-12xx psf for 19 shelford and 15xx psf for The shelford

however i noticed that the units for sale now are being flipped in the space of 6-9months, alerting me that his project is heavily speculated, esp those at 19 shelford

would anyone buy a unit at 1.1x million knowing that the same unit was bought for 900k 6 months ago?

what do you guys think of both projects

go for the shelford PH:D

leslens
21-06-10, 09:05
go for the shelford PH:D

can explain more?

shoobie
21-06-10, 19:00
To what I know a lot of parents are willing to pay that kind of price so that their kids can get into the schools nearby...especially the foreigners from mainlands.:)

devilplate
21-06-10, 19:12
can explain more?

i like the penthouses at The shelford. sadly, i sold mine in 2007...haiz can nvr buy back oredi:(

so, if u like a ppty so much, pls dun sell it if u dun really nid the cash

leslens
21-06-10, 20:05
i like the penthouses at The shelford. sadly, i sold mine in 2007...haiz can nvr buy back oredi:(

i see
how much was the shelford launched at?

anyone sees potential in this area and other projects like
adam park
shelford regency
28 shelford?

devilplate
21-06-10, 20:15
i see
how much was the shelford launched at?

anyone sees potential in this area and other projects like
adam park
shelford regency
28 shelford?

if i tell u the launch price..u may not want to buy oredi:D

actually, tat area The shelford is the best bcoz its the one and only project tat has a side gate to the bus stop at the main road...but also most exp..

Latio
22-06-10, 09:42
It doesnt matter A or B as long as it is in Shelford/Watten area.
You cant be wrong in the long run.

It's your call :rolleyes:

archon
04-07-10, 21:48
if i tell u the launch price..u may not want to buy oredi:D

actually, tat area The shelford is the best bcoz its the one and only project tat has a side gate to the bus stop at the main road...but also most exp..

what the launch price for Adam park?

shoobie
06-07-10, 20:49
It doesnt matter A or B as long as it is in Shelford/Watten area.
You cant be wrong in the long run.

It's your call :rolleyes:

I agreed with you. There is no more land available around the area for new development. Guess future new development have to come from en-boc of these few old ones. :2cents:

Latio
08-07-10, 16:50
Good Luck in yr buy Shoobie

:spliff2:

richardsng_era
19-01-11, 18:08
We have some duplex & penthouse for sale by developer: Shelford Suites & D'Chateau.

kengyong
29-03-11, 10:21
While at Shelford road yesterday, I chance upon some works being carried out on a showroom @ 8 Shelford Road. Anybody knows if this an upcoming new launch or were the workers demolishing Shelford suites' showroom?

I agreed with you. There is no more land available around the area for new development. Guess future new development have to come from en-boc of these few old ones. :2cents:

bargain hunter
29-03-11, 12:49
there are caveats lodged for 8A, 10 and 10A "en-bloc" sold at 8.6m each for 7632 sq ft each on 30th Mar 2010. Possibly a new project coming up?

While at Shelford road yesterday, I chance upon some works being carried out on a showroom @ 8 Shelford Road. Anybody knows if this an upcoming new launch or were the workers demolishing Shelford suites' showroom?

kengyong
29-03-11, 12:57
Oh yes, I just checked caveat and true enough, 3 caveats were lodged back in Mar 2010.

From the showroom facade, it can be confirmed that Huttons will be the marketing agent.

7632sf X 3 parcels X 1.4 plot ratio X 10% balcony and planter allowance means that approximately 35 X 1000sf units could possibly be built on this site?

Wonder how much this will be launched eventually.

there are caveats lodged for 8A, 10 and 10A "en-bloc" sold at 8.6m each for 7632 sq ft each on 30th Mar 2010. Possibly a new project coming up?

devilplate
29-03-11, 13:01
Oh yes, I just checked caveat and true enough, 3 caveats were lodged back in Mar 2010.

From the showroom facade, it can be confirmed that Huttons will be the marketing agent.

7632sf X 3 parcels X 1.4 plot ratio X 10% balcony and planter allowance means that approximately 35 X 1000sf units could possibly be built on this site?

Wonder how much this will be launched eventually.

rough estimates of 740psf ppr....breakeven cud be 1200psf+-....1.5kpsf++ launch price:D :2cents:

bargain hunter
29-03-11, 13:10
fair enough if not MM. if MM then siao liao, psf chiong and i m not sure if there will be damage to the shelford neighbourhood. ;)

rough estimates of 740psf ppr....breakeven cud be 1200psf+-....1.5kpsf++ launch price:D :2cents:

kengyong
29-03-11, 13:33
If MM, with a lower quantum but much higher psf, it will then lower the barriers to enter. Parents looking to "live" near NYPS or RGPS will definitely be going for it and then rent it out, since the school can't possibly know how big your house is.

fair enough if not MM. if MM then siao liao, psf chiong and i m not sure if there will be damage to the shelford neighbourhood. ;)

bargain hunter
29-03-11, 14:03
this was one thing i thot was not right but didn't realise it is possible.

am i right to say that, we can buy a unit at any location near a desired school and rent it out and still use the address to register for P1 even though it is being leased out?

If MM, with a lower quantum but much higher psf, it will then lower the barriers to enter. Parents looking to "live" near NYPS or RGPS will definitely be going for it and then rent it out, since the school can't possibly know how big your house is.

amk
29-03-11, 14:14
am i right to say that, we can buy a unit at any location near a desired school and rent it out and still use the address to register for P1 even though it is being leased out?

this is legally not correct. your registration address must be your residential address, regardless whether you own it or rent it. you residential address is reflected in your IC address. and when u update your IC, you must declare you physically live there, this is the part that the law comes in. false declaration of residential address is an offense.

back to topic, 18 Shelford is doing very very badly. 8 Shelford would probably not follow its model. That means it's almost guaranteed MM.

mcmlxxvi
29-03-11, 14:35

I in similar situation now... Love my Lor Melayu but relocating for work in west. Very the far. So need to sell... Get one say near city or town at least in future dont need to move again...

bargain hunter
29-03-11, 14:53
yes, i thought so (coz sg law mah). but i was just wondering as i read on other threads other misleading info before so got confused along the way.

thanks for the info. not sure why, but somehow i knew u would be the one to answer this question. ;)

it can be an in between, for e.g. the sizes for 23 shelford and shelford suites quite ok, at least families with pri sch going kids can stay there. no need to be "luxurious" like 18 shelford. :ashamed1:

but to maximise profits, developer will go for MM. :D

this is legally not correct. your registration address must be your residential address, regardless whether you own it or rent it. you residential address is reflected in your IC address. and when u update your IC, you must declare you physically live there, this is the part that the law comes in. false declaration of residential address is an offense.

back to topic, 18 Shelford is doing very very badly. 8 Shelford would probably not follow its model. That means it's almost guaranteed MM.

DaytonaSS
30-03-11, 01:06
lastest MM skysuit@Anson might show some signs of MM fatique. Fwd going not easy to lure pple to buy MM as once pple step into showroom, they will "feel" the real size of MMs. MM in my classication is ard 300+ sqft

kengyong
01-04-11, 16:50
Just saw the ad on "10 Shelford". Indeed a MM. 431sf asking 950k. Around 2.2k psf. Dunno how true though.

spikey69
05-06-12, 20:01
http://singaporeseen.stomp.com.sg/stomp/sgseen/this_urban_jungle/1147186/man_breaks_into_bt_timah_condo.html

break-ins at Shelford...that easy?