PDA

View Full Version : Summerhill

hmsg
31-05-09, 14:58
Looking at 3BR Summerhill. Any comments on the development?

Thanks.

richwang
20-11-10, 20:07
The price is reasonable, but it is more than 1km from NanHwa Primary School.

It says "near future MRT", any idea how near?

Thanks,
Richard

Geylang OKT
20-11-10, 21:24
You will need a car :D

Wild Falcon
20-11-10, 22:47
Probably can walk to future Hillview MRT station. Once the KTM line is removed. Summerhill probably can open a back door to access the MRT station (i.e. shortcut). It's probably the 4th closest to Hillview MRT station after Glendale Park, Dairy Farm and Hillview Hts. But at the mean tine, you'll need a car. And if parents have no affiliation on your own, there is no good school within 1 km.

whoh757
21-11-10, 21:59
Are there any private buses in hillview area on regular morning/evening schedule that go to town area i.e. raffles place, suntec, orchard?
MRT will only be ready in 2014-5?

Wild Falcon
21-11-10, 22:12
I think there is this comfort van that ply the area but I'm not sure the route or the charges. Most residents in the area drive, including the tenants. There should be numerous public buses heading to the city.

whoh757
21-11-10, 22:49
Hi wild Falcon

cant afford 2 cars, esp considering to buy a condo. :) btw, in your opinion, is summerhill one of the top 3 condos in this area? parc palais, glendale park look good too. all comments welcomed.

Geylang OKT
22-11-10, 05:01
I would prefer parc parlais. They used to keep baby sharks in the swimming pool. :D

xebay11
24-11-10, 15:38
I would prefer parc parlais. They used to keep baby sharks in the swimming pool. :D

Really? Sharks or Dog fish? Very similar.

richwang
28-11-10, 08:42
Anyone knows nice food near that area? I'd like to give it a taste.

Thanks,
Richard

Wild Falcon
28-11-10, 18:27
The Rail Mall and the firestation has pretty good food in a laidback environment. In fact, some of the owner-chef restaurant here taste much better than those you get in the city.

The Rail Mall

1) Galbiati Gourmet Deli - one of the best Italian home-cooked food. Their takeaway section is amazing is at a fraction of dining in. Must try. Highly rated everywhere.

2) Sweet Salty Spicy - Atas gourmet Thai Food with romantic ambience. Highly rated in HGW

3) Cafe Epicurious - This place serve the most wondrous weekend brunch. Egg benedict.... yummy.

4) Hooked - casual eatery with amazing selection of seafood. I never realise fish can be cooked in so many ways!

5) Eat - 24 hours Bak Chor mee, satay bee hoon etc. All the fish cake/fish balls are home-made, so it taste v fresh.

6) Ah Mei - 24 hours eatery with kopi/kaya toast, chicken rice, wonton noodles etc

7) Drinking holes - Harry's and Blooie's

8) Cedele - never try the one here but I heard the soup selection is quite good.

Bukit Timah Fire Station

9) Raw - never try but highly rated everywhere. I believe it serves fusion food. Should try one day.

10) Firestation Hillside Bistro - food so-so but nice ambience :)

Happy tasting :)

Geylang OKT
28-11-10, 21:03
The Rail Mall and the firestation has pretty good food in a laidback environment. In fact, some of the owner-chef restaurant here taste much better than those you get in the city.

The Rail Mall

1) Galbiati Gourmet Deli - one of the best Italian home-cooked food. Their takeaway section is amazing is at a fraction of dining in. Must try. Highly rated everywhere.

2) Sweet Salty Spicy - Atas gourmet Thai Food with romantic ambience. Highly rated in HGW

3) Cafe Epicurious - This place serve the most wondrous weekend brunch. Egg benedict.... yummy.

4) Hooked - casual eatery with amazing selection of seafood. I never realise fish can be cooked in so many ways!

5) Eat - 24 hours Bak Chor mee, satay bee hoon etc. All the fish cake/fish balls are home-made, so it taste v fresh.

6) Ah Mei - 24 hours eatery with kopi/kaya toast, chicken rice, wonton noodles etc

8) Cedele - never try the one here but I heard the soup selection is quite good.

Bukit Timah Fire Station

9) Raw - never try but highly rated everywhere. I believe it serves fusion food. Should try one day.

Warrau! Very comprehensive lah dey! :D :D :D

You Hillview property agent issit? ;) ;) ;)

richwang
03-12-10, 13:58
Tried the Sweet Salty Spicy during lunch. The food is just so-so, but the price is really cheap: S$10 for a set.

Partly because I am not familar with that area, I find it very "far" from Science Park (my work place), and feel very foriegn. Maybe I will miss a good gem area.

Thanks,
Richard

stalingrad
05-12-10, 11:19
I thought this condo would be closer to Hume mrt station than hillview station. can someone enlighten me?

also, I heard it is hard to get out of this area or back in during rush hours. traffic at the turn into PIE and dunearn road would be horrible. so, can owning a car really help?

when will the railway be dismantled?

stalingrad
05-12-10, 11:22

The Rail Mall

Bukit Timah Fire Station

cedele is my bakery.

devilplate
05-12-10, 11:32
cedele is my bakery.

u mean u r the bossy? ooo:D

stalingrad
05-12-10, 11:43
u mean u r the bossy? ooo:D

haha, no. it is mine in the sense that i only eat bread from this bakery.

whoh757
05-12-10, 22:15
Is there still a Hume Station? Thought only a Hillview Station?

henryhk
13-11-12, 08:04
now Summerhill condo prices have been steadily going up to above $1100 psf, I am glad people see value in it, near hillview mrt, freehold, well maintained, nice scenery,.........I have waited 13 years , patiently.....hoho

henryhk
27-03-13, 06:39
947sf , $1.25 mil....$1299 psf record price for Summerhill.....feb sale....owners hang on!!! Huat Huat soon👍👍

Wild Falcon
27-03-13, 12:12
Don'y have Hume Station - walk to Hillview Station lor.

Is there still a Hume Station? Thought only a Hillview Station?

Rysk
27-03-13, 12:46
Nowadays new launch F'hold pty is getting lesser.. mostly LH.. even is FH land, developer oso sell it to you at LH..
Better hold tight tight if yours is a F'hold..

henryhk
27-03-13, 14:27

No hume station....it doesnt matter, there is a possibility that a gate from the hillview heights, summerhill be opened to the Green Corridor (railway line) and is less than 5 minutes walk to the hillview mrt....

It will be too late when it turns to reality....

sbk
29-03-13, 21:25

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=408427&page=284

henryhk
03-11-14, 18:42
http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=408427&page=284

hope that a Hume station can be planned when the downtown line is ready in first quarter of 2016. It will definitely benefit the residents staying at hume ave. The people staying here have been suffering for years because of the inconvenience and limited amenities.... and there is now hope, based on the report in Today that 'LTA has made some basic structural provisions for a future station between the Hillview station and Beauty World station'..... I have it enough 14 years ago and moved out of this locality, so that my maid and my mum can take care of my young kids while I contribute to the economy....I hope to see a hume station there in the future, and I will be pleased to shift back here, where I have some good memories here with my kids before shifting away....

henryhk
03-11-14, 18:50
hope that a Hume station can be planned when the downtown line is ready in first quarter of 2016. It will definitely benefit the residents staying at hume ave. The people staying here have been suffering for years because of the inconvenience and limited amenities.... and there is now hope, based on the report in Today that 'LTA has made some basic structural provisions for a future station between the Hillview station and Beauty World station'..... I have it enough 14 years ago and moved out of this locality, so that my maid and my mum can take care of my young kids while I contribute to the economy....I hope to see a hume station there in the future, and I will be pleased to shift back here, where I have some good memories here with my kids before shifting away....

pls see the report

henryhk
18-02-15, 18:00
if the Hume station is placed infront of the Hume Park condos, beside the overhead bridge, it will definitely benefit the residents staying at Hume ave.... Garment should open it together with the rest of the stations next year, 1st quarter...... tat place is still not convenient after 15 years I bought Summerhill....

henryhk
07-03-15, 09:28
Last night the channel 8 show on 'what causes cancer', someone asks about the big radar, and the doctor says the Hume park the big radar is not an issue and does not cause anyting because it is a receiver lor, not emitter of signal... so tose people don't need to spread rumours and inflict fear lor

henryhk
19-03-15, 14:23
With the plans of the green corridor, and mrt in 2016, I am seriously considering shifting back to Summerhill and rent out my hdb, thanks to garment for allowing pte property owners to rent out hdb and stay in condo !

henryhk
21-03-15, 10:09
Strait times mentioned the green corridor will increase the value of condo beside the corridor, the best is to allow us to access the railway track green patch easily, then it will allow us to use the place for cycling to clementi and jogging to woodlands, these should be in the planning, hahaha, alot of excitement next year....

henryhk
18-06-15, 10:37
Strait times mentioned the green corridor will increase the value of condo beside the corridor, the best is to allow us to access the railway track green patch easily, then it will allow us to use the place for cycling to clementi and jogging to woodlands, these should be in the planning, hahaha, alot of excitement next year....

PM shared tat it would be great to have a cycling track for the green corridor to the city, means people can enjoy the nature while cycling to work in the city..... I think it is still faster to take the downtown line , haha

henryhk
04-09-15, 10:34
PM shared tat it would be great to have a cycling track for the green corridor to the city, means people can enjoy the nature while cycling to work in the city..... I think it is still faster to take the downtown line , haha

RECEIVED THE ' BUKIT GOMBAK CITIZENS' CONSULTATIVE COMMITTEE' that the construction of the HUME STATION AT THE HUME AVE is confirmed and is on the way. Hope that it will be timed together with the opening of the downtown line so that the residents at hume ave will enjoy the convenience of the MRT as well. I believed is a SG50 present and the team looking after the Hillview area are working v hard to ensure that there is a station for the residents staying at hume ave to access to and travel to different parts of singapore. Of course they also talked about covered sheltered linkway at the hillview area. Well done!

Thank you.

henryhk
25-04-19, 21:50
RECEIVED THE ' BUKIT GOMBAK CITIZENS' CONSULTATIVE COMMITTEE' that the construction of the HUME STATION AT THE HUME AVE is confirmed and is on the way. Hope that it will be timed together with the opening of the downtown line so that the residents at hume ave will enjoy the convenience of the MRT as well. I believed is a SG50 present and the team looking after the Hillview area are working v hard to ensure that there is a station for the residents staying at hume ave to access to and travel to different parts of singapore. Of course they also talked about covered sheltered linkway at the hillview area. Well done!

Thank you.