PDA

View Full Version : Hilltop grove

dun4get
01-06-09, 19:42
Hi,

Anyone has any comments on hilltop grove in Hillview area? I think it is the only 99 LH in the area but look pretty new.

zoros
01-06-09, 21:00
Hi,

Anyone has any comments on hilltop grove in Hillview area? I think it is the only 99 LH in the area but look pretty new.

2 things to note: 1) if you drive, then it's okie; 2) beware of staying at low floors as this condo is just at edge of forested areas, insects and/or rodents might be more prevalent.

Regulators
02-06-09, 00:41
condo neither here nor there and no amenities around IMHO waste of time. Also not much en bloc potential if u buy

dun4get
02-06-09, 06:22
thanks for the reply. I am looking in buying a 4 bdrm unit for about 450 psf. nw seriously reconsidering.

Regulators
02-06-09, 07:21
cheap doesnt mean good, be extremely cautious.
thanks for the reply. I am looking in buying a 4 bdrm unit for about 450 psf. nw seriously reconsidering.

zoros
02-06-09, 09:41

if it's cheap, there muz be very obvious reason/s. go ard the condo and u would know.

u r better off to look for other 99 LH condos r very convenient, and near to all amenities. Examples are Madeira, The Warren and etc. These r not too far from Hillview area.

Regulators
02-06-09, 14:43
some cheap condos remain cheap for years with hardly any capital appreciation. Hilltop is one example. Most condos along Hillview are either 999 or FH, and hilltop is the odd one out, not for any positive reason however.

edtv75
18-06-09, 16:59
Hillltop grove not too bad, but a bit small around the estate. Can be considered if it actually drops below 500psf, as really..like most of u guys said, it stands out like a sore thumb being 99 year surrounded by 999 years condo. But problem is. home owners there are unwilling to let go lower as still within the 10 years threshold. If you buy this area, it is purely for staying till the bloody building collapsed as for sure there is no resale value nor en-bloc value. But who knows rite? Gahmen just need scholars to write up a policy paper to develop this area, and booms....price goes up..

Regulators
18-06-09, 23:36
when you start seeing a pig climbing a tree in that area, then maybe the price will also start to go up....

Hillltop grove not too bad, but a bit small around the estate. Can be considered if it actually drops below 500psf, as really..like most of u guys said, it stands out like a sore thumb being 99 year surrounded by 999 years condo. But problem is. home owners there are unwilling to let go lower as still within the 10 years threshold. If you buy this area, it is purely for staying till the bloody building collapsed as for sure there is no resale value nor en-bloc value. But who knows rite? Gahmen just need scholars to write up a policy paper to develop this area, and booms....price goes up..

sfwoo
11-02-10, 14:43
when you start seeing a pig climbing a tree in that area, then maybe the price will also start to go up....
For the year 2009, valuation up about 12% from Jan to Dec.

edtv75
12-02-10, 10:32
For the year 2009, valuation up about 12% from Jan to Dec.

Maybe some pig really learning to climb the tree there!!!

sfwoo
12-02-10, 10:57
HAHAHA!
Depending on when the unit was bought, some lose, some make.
I used to live there.
It is a beautiful place to live in.

Geylang OKT
13-02-10, 06:42
very isolated but nice environment. Still, you are paying freehold prices for a 99 leasehold devt coming to about 8 years I think.

sfwoo
13-02-10, 08:16
TOP was Dec 2001, I think.
Those who bought off the floor plans paid a premium, above $600 psf.
Those who bought at a low, paid less than $500 psf.
Now it is has gone above $500 psf again.
The environment around the pool gives a lovely resort feel, with palms, heliconias, and blue pool waters...

Regulators
13-02-10, 08:20
haven't seen you around in a while.

very isolated but nice environment. Still, you are paying freehold prices for a 99 leasehold devt coming to about 8 years I think.

sfwoo
05-03-10, 13:50
Saw an advertisement for a 3+1, pool facing, 1183 sq ft, asking $600 psf.

Anyone wanna buy?(not my unit, and I am not agent)

sfwoo
13-03-10, 10:37
Vision in West Coast hit new high...Hilltop Grove latest transaction $675000 for 1302 psf.

Dropping back to prices one year ago...

ipspassion
13-03-10, 14:47
Based on this transacted price, the property listings are really asking too much.

Wild Falcon
13-03-10, 17:04
The disadvantage of Hilltop Grove is that it is 99LH in a predominantly freehold condo belt along Hillview/Dairy Farm. The freehold condos are also sitting on large plots of land with beautiful landscaping. The future Hillview MRT station is also closer to the freehold condo belt near Standard Chartered. I always believe if you want to invest in 99LH condo, then it MUST be near an MRT station. In this case however, the MRT station will be nearer to all the freehold condos which means Hilltop Grove will be quite low on an investor's radar from both a location and tenure perspective. But if u like the place, just go for it.

TOP was Dec 2001, I think.
Those who bought off the floor plans paid a premium, above $600 psf.
Those who bought at a low, paid less than $500 psf.
Now it is has gone above $500 psf again.
The environment around the pool gives a lovely resort feel, with palms, heliconias, and blue pool waters...

sfwoo
14-03-10, 11:13
Based on this transacted price, the property listings are really asking too much.
I think it also depends on condition of the unit.

Just spoke to a chap who bought last year, a unit in Hilltop Grove, that was renovated extensively before he bought it. Just bring your things and move in. He also saw a few units where condition was "original" and maybe need to spend above $50K to make it nice again. He said he paid nearly $800K for it.

Wild Falcon
14-03-10, 16:19
Personally, I prefer a place that is not overly-renovated - most of the time i have to spend money tearing down all the fixtures because it is not to my taste - most reno gets outdated very fast - one moment minimalist, another moment wooden look, another moment all the gawdy wallpapers. Most important is to buy a unit with reasonably good condition (best if it is a blank canvas with white walls in original condition) and not OTT renovation. If a unit is in good condition, just spend $20k on renovation and that should do the trick. In short, don't buy a unit because of renovation. Buy a unit with a good view etc.

I think it also depends on condition of the unit.

Just spoke to a chap who bought last year, a unit in Hilltop Grove, that was renovated extensively before he bought it. Just bring your things and move in. He also saw a few units where condition was "original" and maybe need to spend above $50K to make it nice again. He said he paid nearly $800K for it.

Regulators
14-03-10, 19:29
never understood why hilltop grove is 99yr while the others are freehold n 999yr. hilltop grove is neither here nor there, would rather get northvale for that price as lot1 n mrt are just across from northvale

The disadvantage of Hilltop Grove is that it is 99LH in a predominantly freehold condo belt along Hillview/Dairy Farm. The freehold condos are also sitting on large plots of land with beautiful landscaping. The future Hillview MRT station is also closer to the freehold condo belt near Standard Chartered. I always believe if you want to invest in 99LH condo, then it MUST be near an MRT station. In this case however, the MRT station will be nearer to all the freehold condos which means Hilltop Grove will be quite low on an investor's radar from both a location and tenure perspective. But if u like the place, just go for it.

Geylang OKT
14-03-10, 21:40
haven't seen you around in a while.

Just saw your post. Been busy rounding up the frightened chickens. Many av raids recently you know :D

sfwoo
15-03-10, 10:49
... In short, don't buy a unit because of renovation. Buy a unit with a good view etc.
I agree.
And as the property ages, things start to leak...and with all pipes buried, a big headache to rectify.

Regulators
16-03-10, 00:55
R u an OKT for real?

Just saw your post. Been busy rounding up the frightened chickens. Many av raids recently you know :D

proud owner
16-03-10, 02:39
R u an OKT for real?

ahahah

OrKuiniser ?

hhmm like german for Organiser

Geylang OKT
16-03-10, 23:57
R u an OKT for real?

I am second generation OKT. Helicated to degree level wan :D

Property_Owner
17-03-10, 00:32
ahahah

OrKuiniser ?

hhmm like german for Organiser

lol, maybe orgyniser

sfwoo
20-03-10, 11:04
March got one unit 1302 sq ft sold at $524 psf.

yowetan
20-03-10, 11:10
Hi all,

How about units at montrosa and merawoods? Any insights for these 2 developments as they are pretty near to Hilltop grove.

sfwoo
20-03-10, 11:38
Merawoods is very big, and when 3+1 units in hilltop was going for $600K plus, they were going at $900K plus.

Merawoods is 999yrs.

Montrosa last year got one "fire sale" $800K plus for a 3+1, auctioneer asked me if I wanted, but I was committed elsewhere. It is 999 ys here, too. The development is small, pool is small.

Pool at Hilltop is very big, can do laps, and not just soak the toes.

yowetan
20-03-10, 13:46
Merawoods is very big, and when 3+1 units in hilltop was going for $600K plus, they were going at $900K plus.

Merawoods is 999yrs.

Montrosa last year got one "fire sale" $800K plus for a 3+1, auctioneer asked me if I wanted, but I was committed elsewhere. It is 999 ys here, too. The development is small, pool is small.

Pool at Hilltop is very big, can do laps, and not just soak the toes.

Hi, which is a better sought after? Hilltop or Merawoods then? If you are a buyer, which one would you go after? I have been looking around hillview area for past 3 years. Is there any other good developments around there?

sfwoo
21-03-10, 09:23
Hi, which is a better sought after? Hilltop or Merawoods then? If you are a buyer, which one would you go after? I have been looking around hillview area for past 3 years. Is there any other good developments around there?

Depends on many factors.

The price difference can be $200K-300K for 3+1. Also one is 99yrs, the other is 999yrs, makes no difference to us, but will make a difference to our children and their children.

If money, no object, no brainer.

There are so many developments in Hillview, I have seen Hillbrooks, Chantilly Rise, Merawoods, Hillview Green, Hillington Green, Summerhill, Glendale Park, Hillview Heights, Hillview Park...all got plus and minus points, dpends on what you looking for, and also the paricular unit that has come up for sale.

But I love the "resort" feel at poolside of Hilltop Grove, though I dun live there anymore. It was a wonderful place to go home to.

DC33_2008
21-03-10, 09:55
Depends on many factors.

The price difference can be $200K-300K for 3+1. Also one is 99yrs, the other is 999yrs, makes no difference to us, but will make a difference to our children and their children.

If money, no object, no brainer.

There are so many developments in Hillview, I have seen Hillbrooks, Chantilly Rise, Merawoods, Hillview Green, Hillington Green, Summerhill, Glendale Park, Hillview Heights, Hillview Park...all got plus and minus points, dpends on what you looking for, and also the paricular unit that has come up for sale.

But I love the "resort" feel at poolside of Hilltop Grove, though I dun live there anymore. It was a wonderful place to go home to.

If all the other factors being equal, there will be no difference when you invest for rental. It will be competitive when you try to sell later as there are so many developments for buyers to choose. How is the traffic in that area? You should try driving on weekdays morning from there towards PIE.

sfwoo
21-03-10, 10:45
How is the traffic in that area? You should try driving on weekdays morning from there towards PIE.

HAHAHA!

Hillview Avenue is like a car park from Hillview Green to Bukit Batok East Avenue 6 during morning rush hour the last time I lived there(1 yr ago). And if people dun respect yellow boxes, very hard to turn out from side roads to main roads.

As for buying for rental gains, 99yrs being cheaper to buy, will give better yields as tenants dun care if freehold, 999 or 99.

Competition for tenants already very hot, and tenants know it, so, if you try to rent out, there will be potential tenants trying luck and ask for low, low rents, cheaper then renting HDB. Not joking. Got people want me to rent to them at $1600 per month for a 3+1. Just asked them to fly kite.

DC33_2008
21-03-10, 11:04
Understand that there is a ERP at the former fire station going towards bukit timah. Bukit Regency, Springlead and southaven is just before this and therefore not affected. They are also nearer to the Beauty World MRT stn and eateries, ntuc, etc.

sfwoo
21-03-10, 11:15
Understand that there is a ERP at the former fire station going towards bukit timah. Bukit Regency, Springlead and southaven is just before this and therefore not affected. They are also nearer to the Beauty World MRT stn and eateries, ntuc, etc.

Sprindale 3+1 asking $900K recently! Very "original" condition some more!
Agree that eateries are closer.
But traffic is horrendous during peak hours towards entry point to PIE.

DC33_2008
21-03-10, 11:30
Sprindale 3+1 asking $900K recently! Very "original" condition some more!
Agree that eateries are closer.
But traffic is horrendous during peak hours towards entry point to PIE.

Hope the Downtown Line will help when it is ready in 5-6 years time. is a blessing that residents staying at these developments join the queue later and closer to PIE.

Wild Falcon
21-03-10, 17:19
Traffic is no worse than other parts of Singapore during PEAK hours. There is some change in Anak Bukit traffic lights timing recently - so there is no longer bottleneck at that junction. Having said that, from my experience, there will always be traffic light waiting everywhere you stay during peak hours. At least this area doesn't have annoying pedestrian crossing every 10 meters, as Upper Bukit timah only has overhead bridge

While there are many developments, there are not that many units on sale at any point in time because it is not a "speculative" area. You can try classifieds and realise that D23 probably has the least columns - maybe 3 columns? (and D15/16 goes into 3 full pages and 50 columns). So supply is not as scary as many other parts of Singapore. Also, units are quite large by today's standard and therefore less liquid as the "fashion" now is small format units. If you like to stay in an area dominated by private properties, then there will always be competition when you try to sell/rent. At least, Upper Bukit Timah is favoured by Koreans which are very desirable tenants who will take care of your house.

This is not an area on a speculator's radar but it would have potential in the future with the MRT running up and a unique proposition of being surrounded by nature reserves while being relatively close to the 2nd CBD in Jurong. But it will take YEARS for the potential to be realised.

If all the other factors being equal, there will be no difference when you invest for rental. It will be competitive when you try to sell later as there are so many developments for buyers to choose. How is the traffic in that area? You should try driving on weekdays morning from there towards PIE.

sfwoo
08-04-10, 12:13
March got one unit 1302 sq ft sold at $524 psf.

2 recent transactions are for ground floor 2+1 units, with PES and VOID SPACE, hence, PSF looks cheaper.

sfwoo
12-04-10, 15:28
A Hilltop Grove resident with a high floor, pool facing, 3+1, was offered $800K for her 1238 sqft unit.

But she did not sell.