PDA

View Full Version : Casa Merah: For owners only.

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

andyng76
08-06-09, 12:35
Hi all, I have created this thread for owners so that we can share any updated news and enquires we might need and enquires from buyers looking at Casa Merah based on our experience.

If this thread is successful, we can share our experience after we moved in to discuss the pros and cons!

*Sorry but this is not a thread a property agent who is looking for buyer, you can look at previous thread currently available*

hkching
08-06-09, 13:11
Let me be the second one here. :)

Just bought a 3 bedder unit in Casa Merah. Stack 10.
Transaction will only be completed in early July.

ipoh72
08-06-09, 15:30
how much did you pay, psf? thanks
Let me be the second one here. :)

Just bought a 3 bedder unit in Casa Merah. Stack 10.
Transaction will only be completed in early July.

hkching
08-06-09, 15:52
how much did you pay, psf? thanks

Just PMed you. You also an owner at Casa Merah? Welcome...

hkching
08-06-09, 15:53
Anyone saw the showroom when it was around? Any comments on the finishes? I missed it leh..

teddybear
08-06-09, 17:41
You buy without knowing how it will look like? :eek:

Anyone saw the showroom when it was around? Any comments on the finishes? I missed it leh..

andyng76
08-06-09, 18:02
Same with hkching, bought stack 10 as well. Well those who already bought must have a clear idea what appeals to this property.

For me is the quiet environment and next to Mrt and the overall layout of this place.

For interior wise, i'll prefer to rectangular space layout compared to the curvy layout. More ideas in terms of creating spacious interior design.

Rather than looking at $psf, maybe can share why u bought this place in the 1st place.

Deepblue
08-06-09, 18:03
Can potential buyer post in this thread? :tongue3:

Any news about the potential TOP date?

Thanks.

hkching
08-06-09, 19:29
You buy without knowing how it will look like? :eek:

I grew up in the east so have a liking for these areas. To me, the location of the property and the layout of the unit is more important. As you can't change these things. For the rest, you can change thru reno the things that you don't like.

Too bad I bought in the sub-sale market, so no showroom to visit. Only sales brochure and Internet. Anyway, I've always liked Wing Tai's project.
Just wanted to find out more now to budget for reno funds. :)

venus
08-06-09, 21:02
No offence but think you will hv to set a higher budget :cheers1:

I grew up in the east so have a liking for these areas. To me, the location of the property and the layout of the unit is more important. As you can't change these things. For the rest, you can change thru reno the things that you don't like.

Too bad I bought in the sub-sale market, so no showroom to visit. Only sales brochure and Internet. Anyway, I've always liked Wing Tai's project.
Just wanted to find out more now to budget for reno funds. :)

andyng76
08-06-09, 22:21
Well i am budgeting ard 20K for renov....hopefully is enough since the basic setting are there like air-con, toilet and built-in wardrobe. But like everyone else they have different ideas how they want house to look!

hkching
09-06-09, 08:49
Me too.. ard 20k excluding furnishings.

Venus : you didn't like the finishes huh?

cksonic
09-06-09, 10:01
hello neighbours of casa merah! good to see everyone here, and hope to see more owners joining this thread! i am on stack 16 - any same-block neighbours here?? :)

my fiancee and i both live in the east area and tanah merah happens to be right in the middle btw both out parents' place and convenient to travel both ways. the proximity to the MRT and relative serenity of the place also weighed heavily on the plus side. i guess 1 downside is the lack of amenities around the area, which i am hoping will be addressed by development of any commercial buildings in the empty patch. u guys know of any confirmation of what's coming up (besides the new residential area in front of the MRT)?

wat kinda finishing did you order (or for sub-sale buyers like me - inherit)? i inherited homogeneous marble for living and dining rooms and burmese teak for the bedroom, which i am happy with. also, are you requesting for any customizations to be done by developers (e.g. knocking down a wall, changing the flooring material etc), or is it too late in the game to do so?

andyng76
09-06-09, 12:19
For me, i am trying to get developer to knock down the kitchen wall to make it more spacious. Trying to get the price to do it tho.

We might add window glass over it to avoid smoke spreading to living room, depending what kind of meals my wife will cook! Haha!

As Casa Merah is good in the since that Mrt will bring me to airport straight and my wife's parent is in Ubi.

For me also hard to get something to eat and buy groceries by foot, guess have to stock in the meantime or drive.

cksonic
09-06-09, 13:21
haha...have you established the fact that she will cook? or are u working under a presumption? :P

i would think now that most things are already up 7788, it will be hard to get developers to do any changes without incurring extra costs. my plan is to see what the unit looks like first when it TOPs before deciding anything else. reno budget will then depend heavily on this too, so hopefully it will not require much additions!!

simpang bedok nearby seems pretty walkable (at nite mabbe. the day heat these days is too much!! :tongue3: ), so can still go get stockups once in a while. but food-wise, only the pratas and the gorengs..not v exciting leh.

For me, i am trying to get developer to knock down the kitchen wall to make it more spacious. Trying to get the price to do it tho.

We might add window glass over it to avoid smoke spreading to living room, depending what kind of meals my wife will cook! Haha!

As Casa Merah is good in the since that Mrt will bring me to airport straight and my wife's parent is in Ubi.

For me also hard to get something to eat and buy groceries by foot, guess have to stock in the meantime or drive.

andyng76
09-06-09, 14:14
i SEE business opportunities here but it depends what the commercial estate is used for. If is Food court....jialat!

hkching
09-06-09, 16:02
i SEE business opportunities here but it depends what the commercial estate is used for. If is Food court....jialat!

Yap... I'm quite sure there's a food court if its a commercial development.

As for groceries, we usually buy on our way home from work. So not really an issue. Maybe really need stocking up.

I'm talking to some reno ID's for quotes so hopefully can start work once TOP. I'll temporary move to my mum's place in Tampines once my current place is sold, so I don't want to impose on her too long. Also troublesome with changing of address, season parking, telephone lines, postage mails, etc...

hkching
09-06-09, 16:08
hello neighbours of casa merah! good to see everyone here, and hope to see more owners joining this thread! i am on stack 16 - any same-block neighbours here?? :)

my fiancee and i both live in the east area and tanah merah happens to be right in the middle btw both out parents' place and convenient to travel both ways. the proximity to the MRT and relative serenity of the place also weighed heavily on the plus side. i guess 1 downside is the lack of amenities around the area, which i am hoping will be addressed by development of any commercial buildings in the empty patch. u guys know of any confirmation of what's coming up (besides the new residential area in front of the MRT)?

wat kinda finishing did you order (or for sub-sale buyers like me - inherit)? i inherited homogeneous marble for living and dining rooms and burmese teak for the bedroom, which i am happy with. also, are you requesting for any customizations to be done by developers (e.g. knocking down a wall, changing the flooring material etc), or is it too late in the game to do so?

I'm checking on what is requested by the previous only. But I think its too late to change now. All the floorings have been laid already, from what I can see from outside.

andyng76
09-06-09, 16:10
hkching,

Let's hope our timing is right together so that we will not disturb each other when we moved in K!

Apologies in advance 1st in case i am late in finishing my renov. Pls dun poke broom stick up your roof k!

cksonic
09-06-09, 16:45
he will need a really long broom to poke u up there! :p

btw do u think we can actually go into the site and tk a look now? or will get chased out? so far can only view from outside, so quite interested to go in and see how development is going on.

hkching,

Let's hope our timing is right together so that we will not disturb each other when we moved in K!

Apologies in advance 1st in case i am late in finishing my renov. Pls dun poke broom stick up your roof k!

andyng76
09-06-09, 17:33
Actually i went in, even pay Hongbao to the worker for only 10mins. Not much done yet include the floor tiles.

But Toilet is completed including air-con and cardboard.

U can go the East meadow to see closer!

venus
09-06-09, 19:09
hkching: I used to stay down the road, like the neighbourhood very much. Was interested to get a unit here but changed my mind after viewing the showflat. The design is quite dated and cheap looking...but it's fine like u said can always spend money to change the fittings. What i didnt like most is the kitchen layout. Very small and very little countertop space and worst of all...the washing machine is just right next the the cooker hob! This was the biggest turnoff for me. However for ppl who hardly cook at home then it's not an issue i guess. But really don't expect quality as the project is handled mainly by NTUC Choice Homes. Sorry don't mean to throw a wet blanket but this is just my humble opinion on the project since u asked....hee hee. Anyway don't worry too much, i believe u can "transform" it with your 20k budget.

hkching
09-06-09, 19:33
he will need a really long broom to poke u up there! :p

btw do u think we can actually go into the site and tk a look now? or will get chased out? so far can only view from outside, so quite interested to go in and see how development is going on.

I think cannot leh... not safe i think. But I know of someone posing as contractor and went up to his unit a few months ago.

hkching
09-06-09, 19:34
hkching: I used to stay down the road, like the neighbourhood very much. Was interested to get a unit here but changed my mind after viewing the showflat. The design is quite dated and cheap looking...but it's fine like u said can always spend money to change the fittings. What i didnt like most is the kitchen layout. Very small and very little countertop space and worst of all...the washing machine is just right next the the cooker hob! This was the biggest turnoff for me. However for ppl who hardly cook at home then it's not an issue i guess. But really don't expect quality as the project is handled mainly by NTUC Choice Homes. Sorry don't mean to throw a wet blanket but this is just my humble opinion on the project since u asked....hee hee. Anyway don't worry too much, i believe u can "transform" it with your 20k budget.

Thanks for your honest comment. Will see see first then decide how to make it more modern with minimum cost.. :)

hkching
09-06-09, 21:03
Actually i went in, even pay Hongbao to the worker for only 10mins. Not much done yet include the floor tiles.

But Toilet is completed including air-con and cardboard.

U can go the East meadow to see closer!

You managed to take any photos? Share share...

hkching
10-06-09, 09:10
Can potential buyer post in this thread? :tongue3:

Any news about the potential TOP date?

Thanks.

Last I hear from NTUC is Aug 09. It's been moving forward since I last asked in Jan. Previously was Sept/Oct -09

hkching
10-06-09, 09:12

Can also let me know the cost? I'm also thinking of doing so cos the kitchen is a bit small.

Also I need to install some grilles. I understand there will be an appointed contractor by the condo to do that. Let's hope it is not too ex. :)

cksonic
11-06-09, 08:48
jus a curiousity qn, anyone looking at engaging a fengshui master to have a look at the unit before renovation?

WolleyDragon
11-06-09, 09:37
Can also let me know the cost? I'm also thinking of doing so cos the kitchen is a bit small.

Also I need to install some grilles. I understand there will be an appointed contractor by the condo to do that. Let's hope it is not too ex. :)

What's it with grilles? make your apartment look HDB and feel so "prison-like".. you feel so unsecure living in a condo and think that a spiderman themed crook can access you high floor unit?

cksonic
11-06-09, 11:55
i agree. have you seen modena at simei? no offence if there are modena owners looking at this thread...but from the outside it looks like a set for Prison Break! :p

but honestly speaking, are grilles a requirement by law to be installed? or isit only for hdb?

What's it with grilles? make your apartment look HDB and feel so "prison-like".. you feel so unsecure living in a condo and think that a spiderman themed crook can access you high floor unit?

jitkiat
11-06-09, 12:07
i agree. have you seen modena at simei? no offence if there are modena owners looking at this thread...but from the outside it looks like a set for Prison Break! :p

but honestly speaking, are grilles a requirement by law to be installed? or isit only for hdb?
Grille is a safeguard for toddlers / maid to prevent accidental fall from windows.

louisebrown
11-06-09, 15:40

I don't understand this bit abt " a set for Prison Break"???

Do U mean 'it looks like a prison" OR "It looks easily broken into"??

hkching
11-06-09, 16:20

Its because we have small kids at home. As much as we want to keep an eye on them all the time, realistic it is not possible. You never know what will happen. I also do not like grilles, but what to do.

There was a case when a japanese couple lost their kid cos he fell out of the condo windows. Better safe than sorry..

hkching
11-06-09, 16:25
jus a curiousity qn, anyone looking at engaging a fengshui master to have a look at the unit before renovation?

hmmm... dilemma here. If he says something I dun like, then :banghead:

So maybe best not to know. But maybe follow some basic fengshui practice. There is this fengshui company in Toa Payoh that give out free booklet that explain some basic fengshui which home owners should take note of.

hkching
11-06-09, 16:31

It not required by law, but for the safety of kids. Anyway I'm only thinking of doing grilles on the panes that can be opened. There's also invisible grilles which I'm looking at.

http://www.invisiblegrille.com/home.html

perestroikas
13-06-09, 13:11
The land area of Casa Mearah is quite large. What are the chances of Casa Merah going Enbloc in the next couple of years??

East Coast Boy
13-06-09, 14:15
The land area of Casa Mearah is quite large. What are the chances of Casa Merah going Enbloc in the next couple of years??:D :D :D :banghead:
:doh: :doh: :doh:

shingirl
13-06-09, 14:48
The land area of Casa Mearah is quite large. What are the chances of Casa Merah going Enbloc in the next couple of years??

:scared-4: :scared-4: :doh: :doh: ya........ i believe enbloc is possible maybe in the next few months...... :beats-me-man: :beats-me-man: :scared-1: :scared-1:

Douk
13-06-09, 22:56
:cheers1: very funny.

cadenza
13-06-09, 23:03
:jaw-dropping:

hkching
14-06-09, 16:36
Just went down to Casa Merah today. Here are some images to share...

View from the front entrance towards the reflective pool.
http://i611.photobucket.com/albums/tt193/kenni164/IMG_1848.jpg

http://i611.photobucket.com/albums/tt193/kenni164/IMG_1851.jpg

http://i611.photobucket.com/albums/tt193/kenni164/IMG_1865.jpg

View from the front entrance towards the main pool.
http://i611.photobucket.com/albums/tt193/kenni164/IMG_1868.jpg

View from front gate
http://i611.photobucket.com/albums/tt193/kenni164/IMG_1870.jpg

Looking into some of the first floor units.
http://i611.photobucket.com/albums/tt193/kenni164/IMG_1853.jpg

http://i611.photobucket.com/albums/tt193/kenni164/IMG_1857.jpg

http://i611.photobucket.com/albums/tt193/kenni164/IMG_1861.jpg

South Facing Stacks
http://i611.photobucket.com/albums/tt193/kenni164/IMG_1872.jpg

WolleyDragon
14-06-09, 22:06
hey man, you paid ang pow to the construction workers to visit the site?

hkching
14-06-09, 22:15
hey man, you paid ang pow to the construction workers to visit the site?

No lah... take from outside. There got so many worker, later pay until i cry sia..

WolleyDragon
15-06-09, 08:48
No lah... take from outside. There got so many worker, later pay until i cry sia..

:)

Hey, did you guys notice that the built in wardrobes aren't full length?? it's a potential dust reservoir if you know what I mean..

WolleyDragon
15-06-09, 09:05
Required attire;

1 x yellow safety hat
1 x worn out tee shirt
1 x old No.4 army trousers
1 x yellow boots

Optional;

1 x dangling cigarette
1 x small white towel

:D

hkching
15-06-09, 09:33

Hey, did you guys notice that the built in wardrobes aren't full length?? it's a potential dust reservoir if you know what I mean..

Noticed that too. Lets see if they will seal up the top with false ceiling. Just a note that the ceiling for first floor units are much much higher than the other unit. The space above the wardrobes is not so much for level 2 and above.

cksonic
15-06-09, 12:45
wow hkching, you managed to barge in!! thanks for sharing the photos...good stuff!!!

from the looks it seems still quite unfinished leh...wonder if it will be in time for August/Sept 09 TOP...hmmm...

hi WolleyDragon, perestroikas
welcome to the thread! are you both current owners of Casa Merah as well? do share which unit you are on!!

ras
15-06-09, 15:22
to be honest, enbloc will probably be after many many years.

perestroikas
15-06-09, 22:16
to be honest, enbloc will probably be after many many years.

Is there a rule that say that you cannot en bloc before TOP?

Prices are going up but selling in the secondary market can make the most 10-15%. Since the property market is red hot now, going en bloc can probably make at least 40 - 50% more. Developers will bite becos the land is huge and next to MRT. I think we should en bloc this thing asap before the market cools down again.

Daniel Foo
16-06-09, 01:45
In your dreams for en bloc.
Casa Merah pricing is due for major correction based on market sources.
The prices is driven upwards because of stock market and nothing else.
Owners trying their luck by asking ridiculous pricing.

East Coast Boy
16-06-09, 09:00

Prices are going up but selling in the secondary market can make the most 10-15%. Since the property market is red hot now, going en bloc can probably make at least 40 - 50% more. Developers will bite becos the land is huge and next to MRT. I think we should en bloc this thing asap before the market cools down again.

:doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh:
:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

You better read more about property Info. and Understand the market.

Else whole Singapore buildings can get En-block very soon. :D

thomastansb
16-06-09, 22:53
I called TID today and heard the launching price for the plot in front of CM is 790 to 900 psf. Anyone can confirm? If so, I will put my unit on the market for 880psf now. Immediate rental yield...

Has anyone receive the letter to collect the keys? Or any news regarding the keys?

Douk
16-06-09, 23:14

your enbloc dream will come true if you convince >80% of owner to let go their units at < 200psf. ;) the current plot ratio has been maximised, my friend.

Regulators
16-06-09, 23:18
another mass market crap:doh:

Just went down to Casa Merah today. Here are some images to share...

View from the front entrance towards the reflective pool.
http://i611.photobucket.com/albums/tt193/kenni164/IMG_1848.jpg

http://i611.photobucket.com/albums/tt193/kenni164/IMG_1851.jpg

http://i611.photobucket.com/albums/tt193/kenni164/IMG_1865.jpg

View from the front entrance towards the main pool.
http://i611.photobucket.com/albums/tt193/kenni164/IMG_1868.jpg

View from front gate
http://i611.photobucket.com/albums/tt193/kenni164/IMG_1870.jpg

Looking into some of the first floor units.
http://i611.photobucket.com/albums/tt193/kenni164/IMG_1853.jpg

http://i611.photobucket.com/albums/tt193/kenni164/IMG_1857.jpg

http://i611.photobucket.com/albums/tt193/kenni164/IMG_1861.jpg

South Facing Stacks
http://i611.photobucket.com/albums/tt193/kenni164/IMG_1872.jpg

thomastansb
16-06-09, 23:54
Regulator must be a rich guy/girl?

WolleyDragon
16-06-09, 23:59
you don't have to be rich to be crude..:)

Property_Owner
17-06-09, 00:06

'Possible leh. en bloc Casa Merah and change the name to Case Merah Residences. Then launch at 1200psf.'

OMG, where did this guy came from?

hkching
17-06-09, 00:16
another mass market crap:doh:

Hi Regulator, welcome to the thread. Great way to announce your arrival.
Do share which stack your unit is in. Look forward to have a high class neighbour in a mass market development sia.. It'll be fun isn't it?

Regulators
17-06-09, 00:21
erm was referring to the building not the residents, so offence....:D

Hi Regulator, welcome to the thread. Great way to announce your arrival.
Do share which stack your unit is in. Look forward to have a high class neighbour in a mass market development sia.. It'll be fun isn't it?

Regulators
17-06-09, 00:22
i mean no offence...

hkching
17-06-09, 00:27
i mean no offence...

Oh ok... I thought this was a thread for residents to discuss on their upcoming new home. Anyway, looking forward to moving into my crap place soon.

"what was I thinking??"

Anyway, which stack did you get. You must have gotten one of the golden ones..

cksonic
17-06-09, 01:29
probably outer space. i hear they do that in Mars. mass enblocs

'Possible leh. en bloc Casa Merah and change the name to Case Merah Residences. Then launch at 1200psf.'

OMG, where did this guy came from?

jitkiat
17-06-09, 07:51
I called TID today and heard the launching price for the plot in front of CM is 790 to 900 psf. Anyone can confirm? If so, I will put my unit on the market for 880psf now. Immediate rental yield...

Has anyone receive the letter to collect the keys? Or any news regarding the keys?

:scared-1: 800psf is unbelievable. Stock market is in for a correction, only God knows whether when correction is going to stop. I guess TID must consider what is the launch price of 8@Woodleigh & Waterfront Keys first. And DBR is only selling at 700psf, Livia only 650psf.

cheerful
17-06-09, 09:07
probably outer space. i hear they do that in Mars. mass enblocs

Erm .. think that name sounds like from Russia ...

cksonic
17-06-09, 13:12
haha..sure no probs!! do note tho that saying casa is crap in an owners thread is like telling to a married man that his wife is ugly. both are just as expensive. hahaha!

perhaps you should take ur anti-casa comments to the other casa thread.

http://forums.condosingapore.com/showthread.php?t=1030

cheers!

erm was referring to the building not the residents, so offence....

perestroikas
17-06-09, 16:00
:doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh:
:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

You better read more about property Info. and Understand the market.

Else whole Singapore buildings can get En-block very soon. :D

i got read alot. See below. Confirm bull market now. En bloc sure can one:)

Merry May for home sales
By Joyce Teo, Property Correspondent
http://www.straitstimes.com/STI/STIMEDIA/image/20090615/ln-sg-new.jpg
http://www.straitstimes.com/STI/STIMEDIA/common/c.gif http://www.straitstimes.com/STI/STIMEDIA/common/c.gif
Last month, developers launched 1,161 new homes, up from 1,085 in April, according to data released by the Urban Redevelopment Authority on Monday. -- ST PHOTO: STEPHANIE YEOW

SALES of new private homes rocketed to an 'outstanding level' last month thanks to price cuts and the share market rally boosting buyer confidence.
Recession-defying numbers out on Monday showed there were 1,668 units sold in May, just a tad below the all-time high of 1,731 set in the boomtime month of August 2007.
Sales were also well ahead of the already-strong developer sales of 1,214 units in April and 1,220 in March.
PropNex chief executive Mohd Ismail cited the 'recent rallying of the stock markets and continued launches by developers at very attractive prices' as behind the 'outstanding' May sales.
This has encouraged 'many speculators' who were sitting on the fence to take action and strike while the iron is hot, taking advantage of the low prices in the market across all levels, he said.
Other experts cited pent-up demand and buyers' fear of missing the boat as other factors behind the high sales.
Developers lifted a gear last month as well, launching 1,161 new homes, up from 1,085 in April, according to Urban Redevelopment Authority data.
The total sales of 2,882 units recorded in April and May exceeded first quarter sales by 11 per cent and they were generally done at prices higher than the first quarter, said CBRE Research. One striking aspect of May's bumper numbers is that sales of homes in the core central or prime region nearly doubled from April to 617 units. This comprised 37 per cent of total sales.

Daniel Foo
17-06-09, 16:41
Brudder, wake up!! Based on what you say, Changi Airport also can also en bloc leow...
Government may as well tear away the airport terminals, flatten the airport runways futher and built high rise condominums with coastal view of the Changi Coastal area. Also you can have pleasant views with surrounding golf course and beautiful greenery.

The stock market have already gone down 3 days in a row this week.
It is due for major correction as the market has gone up way too fast without any proper fundamentals.... basically all "herdsman mentality" basically. Everyone do not want to miss the boat mentality. Singapore's patented sydrome " Kia Su syndrome"

What your see in the paper is all hype up....
Once reality strikes, the property price will correct again.

5 Good reasons :
1) property rental yield is still low
2) expartiates are all going back to their own country
3) GDP forecast is still gloomy and unemployment rate raising according to our government
4) more completed condominium projects coming out Q3-Q4.
On top of that developers trying to launch more projects with the positive setiments currently
5) many home buyers on deferred payment scheme, banks will start sending loan sharks to their property to collect payment.

for other reasons , I leave it for you to figure out yourself....:sleep:

hkching
17-06-09, 18:59
i mean no offence...

You walked into a stadium full of Manchester United fans. You stand in the middle of them and shouted "This is another piece of crap". Sensing that the fans around you is getting upset, you shouted again "What I meant was the team, not the fans. No offence."

Question is : Is there really a difference?? You'll still get walloped !!

Hey, we all know you have an opinion and you can voice it. But please do yourself a favour and do it in the correct place.

cksonic
17-06-09, 20:12
back to our topic! :)

WolleyDragon - if you are still there. are you also a current owner of Casa? do share which stack you are on!

hkching, andyng76 - just wondering, which bank loan did you take up for casa? i got mine with std chart, apparently they were unable to offer me a fixed rate package and could only gimme a SIBOR-floating rate one for uncompleted projects. mine was SIBOR + 1.25

hkching
17-06-09, 21:29
back to our topic! :)

WolleyDragon - if you are still there. are you also a current owner of Casa? do share which stack you are on!

hkching, andyng76 - just wondering, which bank loan did you take up for casa? i got mine with std chart, apparently they were unable to offer me a fixed rate package and could only gimme a SIBOR-floating rate one for uncompleted projects. mine was SIBOR + 1.25

Mine is from Citibank. Same SIBOR + 1.25%. Was given a choice of 1mth, 3mth, 6mth or 12mth SIBOR. You can change the SIBOR selection after fulfilling each commitment. For example, if I choose 1 month SIBOR, I can change to 6 mths SIBOR after fulfilling the 1 month.

Currently on 1 month SIBOR..

Property_Owner
18-06-09, 10:03
DBS now offering fix for 3 years @ 1.9%

thomastansb
18-06-09, 10:21
Anyone know when the key is coming?? I am sooooo eager to get the keys... Just bought one unit.

hkching
18-06-09, 10:38

I remember you mentioned this before, but I couldn't find anything on it. I also asked the banker but he say dunno. You have any links or contacts?

hkching
18-06-09, 10:40
Anyone know when the key is coming?? I am sooooo eager to get the keys... Just bought one unit.

I also want to know !! But I think not so soon lah...
NTUC told me TOP is Aug. I think most probably late Aug. Then they will inform in July I think.

Which stack is your unit on? Andy and I are on Stack 10.

Property_Owner
18-06-09, 10:44
I remember you mentioned this before, but I couldn't find anything on it. I also asked the banker but he say dunno. You have any links or contacts?

Had PM you

East Lover
18-06-09, 12:04
Why not try Maybank? Fixed rate for 3 years!

Year Promo Package 1 Promo Package 2
1 1.6% p.a. 1.6% p.a.
2 2.2% p.a. 2.6% p.a.
3 2.9% p.a. 2.9% p.a.

http://info.maybank2u.com.sg/site_functions/rates_lending.htm#homeloan

thomastansb
18-06-09, 12:10
NTUC told me TOP is Aug. I think most probably late Aug. Then they will inform in July I think.

Which stack is your unit on? Andy and I are on Stack 10.

I am on stack 41. Facing MRT side. But I won't be staying there though..

venus
18-06-09, 12:29

If they tell u aug then expect to collect the keys around oct/nov soonest. From my past 2 experience with direct developer purchases, we always ended up collecting the keys only abt 3 mths later. The wait is unbearable... I know that feeling :)

East Coast Boy
18-06-09, 12:34
One Agent inform me that 2BedRoom unit #08 was sold for $755psf (facing MRT ) & 4 BedRoom Unit #10 was sold for $ 720psf last week.

Asking price is moving up ! :doh: :doh: :doh:

cksonic
18-06-09, 13:07
by #08 do u mean stack 08? if so, you have been duped, cos there are no 2BR in stack 08. neither are there 4BR in stack 10.

anyway, do post this kinda info for interested parties in the other Casa forum going forward. cheers http://forums.condosingapore.com/forumdisplay.php?f=91

One Agent inform me that 2BedRoom unit #08 was sold for $755psf (facing MRT ) & 4 BedRoom Unit #10 was sold for $ 720psf last week.

Asking price is moving up ! :doh: :doh: :doh:

cksonic
18-06-09, 13:09
you are planning to rent your unit out? darned...one less neighbour in this thread

I am on stack 41. Facing MRT side. But I won't be staying there though..

cksonic
18-06-09, 13:11
u got more information regarding this loan package anywhere else, or any mortgage officer to speak with? wld be interested to find out more

Regulators
18-06-09, 13:49
i thought u are staying at the sail?

thomastansb
18-06-09, 14:20
Yup... This is for my parents. They like this place. I will be staying at the sail. Unless rental too good then maybe can consider renting out but in current market, I don't think so lah..

i thought u are staying at the sail?

andyng76
25-06-09, 12:14
Needed some help from existing owners, have signed the mortage thru lawyer and have writtten to the developer lawyer regarding tearing down the wall.

However, very lan si, 1 week no feedback. Therefore, does any one knows the developer contact since i am already the owner.

Appreciate if there's anyone who had been contact the developer.

hkching
25-06-09, 14:55
Needed some help from existing owners, have signed the mortage thru lawyer and have writtten to the developer lawyer regarding tearing down the wall.

However, very lan si, 1 week no feedback. Therefore, does any one knows the developer contact since i am already the owner.

Appreciate if there's anyone who had been contact the developer.

What I did was went to NTUC choice home website and send in an enquiry. They actually reply quite quickly. I've also sent a contact to your email.

andyng76
25-06-09, 15:53
What I did was went to NTUC choice home website and send in an enquiry. They actually reply quite quickly. I've also sent a contact to your email.

Hey Thanks! I have called them in desperate times. Unfortunately, the detailed floor plan is still not available until TOP.

No chance of knocking down the wall now,only for initial 1st buyer. Can only wait till TOP to put in this request and then subjected to the management approval. Sigh.

hkching
26-06-09, 15:43
Hey Thanks! I have called them in desperate times. Unfortunately, the detailed floor plan is still not available until TOP.

No chance of knocking down the wall now,only for initial 1st buyer. Can only wait till TOP to put in this request and then subjected to the management approval. Sigh.

That's not what NTUC told me leh, regarding the floor plan. They say I can put in a request and they will get the project department to generate out the floorplan for my unit. Hmm.. Let me check when I complete my transaction in early July.

JsMummie
29-06-09, 14:17
Oh, can someone give me the email address to write to NTUC Choice Home? I would like to find out from them what is the plan on the fencing.. have you guys been to the outside of the condo recently? The fencing is so bare and so "unprotected"...

andyng76
29-06-09, 14:53
Oh, can someone give me the email address to write to NTUC Choice Home? I would like to find out from them what is the plan on the fencing.. have you guys been to the outside of the condo recently? The fencing is so bare and so "unprotected"...

This is the email address: <[email protected]> . I think it willl be fenced up or else it will be a hdb apartment and do not need any security.

cksonic
30-06-09, 12:55
Yes i have been too! and sentiments exactly...the fence looked so bare and low. i could cross over it with one foot!

JsMummie, are you also an owner of casa? do share which stack you are on! good to see new people joining!

thomastansb
01-07-09, 09:25
Any idea if anyone has receive any letters from the developer? Or any news of TOP????

hkching
01-07-09, 09:43
Any idea if anyone has receive any letters from the developer? Or any news of TOP????

Last I checked with NTUC they told me August. That was about 1 month ago.

hkching
03-07-09, 23:09
That's not what NTUC told me leh, regarding the floor plan. They say I can put in a request and they will get the project department to generate out the floorplan for my unit. Hmm.. Let me check when I complete my transaction in early July.

Just signed the papers today... :)
I've also put in the request for floorplan. Let's see what they say.

WolleyDragon
04-07-09, 15:28
Just signed the papers today... :)
I've also put in the request for floorplan. Let's see what they say.

congrats to your new purchase.

hkching
05-07-09, 22:01
congrats to your new purchase.

Thanks mate.. Now the headache of moving.

thomastansb
09-07-09, 11:22
Has anyone receive any letters to collect keys?

WolleyDragon
09-07-09, 15:45
Has anyone receive any letters to collect keys?

Landscaping works still in the process... however do note that they seem to have speed up on most of the works..

hkching
09-07-09, 17:29
Yes i have been too! and sentiments exactly...the fence looked so bare and low. i could cross over it with one foot!

Seems that for those bare fence, they have put plants in front of them. Not so bad now.

Daniel_Yee
10-07-09, 10:52
Think some of the stack 3,4,7,8 etc that row, those back stack facing ang mo chu got letters.. Not sure about it. Heard from Agent one.

Can anyone confirm?

andyng76
10-07-09, 17:51

Hi hkching,

The project team have provided me the floor plan but it is based on scale 1:100 floor plan, no dimension included. Pls let me know if you have received diffrently

cksonic
16-07-09, 12:30
anybody know if this is correct, or if anyone got TOP letter already? went to CM site last weekend, it doesn't seem to be TOP-ready yet. the tiles on the roads leading in are still being layed, so i don't know how ppl can move in for now.[quote=Daniel_Yee]Think some of the stack 3,4,7,8 etc that row, those back stack facing ang mo chu got letters.. Not sure about it. Heard from Agent one.

hkching
16-07-09, 20:46
anybody know if this is correct, or if anyone got TOP letter already? went to CM site last weekend, it doesn't seem to be TOP-ready yet. the tiles on the roads leading in are still being layed, so i don't know how ppl can move in for now.
Think some of the stack 3,4,7,8 etc that row, those back stack facing ang mo chu got letters.. Not sure about it. Heard from Agent one.

I also not sure if anyone received letter. I haven't.

But not surprise if got letter. Keys collection could be 1-2 mths down the road. More than enough time for everything to be ready.

I've been doing weekly visit to the site. My feel is that the pace has picked up in the past 2-3 weeks. I see much much more workers at the site nowadays.

Daniel_Yee
24-07-09, 09:57
Mass market property sector prices could rise 10% by year end
Date:23rd July 2009 By Yasmine Yahya

Mass market private condominiums have seen strong take-up rates despite the recession, with HDB upgraders forming the bulk of buyers.
And analysts say prices of these properties could shoot up to new highs by the end of the year.

What's driving the demand for this segment in the property market, and how long will the bullrun last?

Last month, when the 8 @ Woodleigh condominium in Potong Pasir was launched, all 330 units were sold out in two weeks, making up a fifth of all private property sales for June.

Other mass market projects have also seen healthy numbers --
Livia in Pasir Ris has seen 88 percent of its launched units taken up so far,
Double Bay Residences in Simei posted 89 percent and Kovan Residences recorded 94 percent.

The prices of these properties mostly range between 600 and 800 dollars per square foot, but a few new launches have priced their units above 900 dollars per square foot.

With demand reaching fever pitch, Managing Director of Reyfern Real Estate Consultancy, Reymond Fernandez, says prices of such properties could rise by as much as 10 percent by the end of the year, to record levels.

"The acceleration has been tremendous, it's been very unexpected because the economy is not doing so well, we're talking about unemployment figures increasing. Where the support level is coming from, it's hard to establish. But I think the sentiment seems positive and people are buying and they see more people buying and more people going in so the crowds are drawing more people in itself."

Independent property analyst Nicholas Mak says there are various factors propping up the strong demand -- low interest rates on housing loans, consumer optimism that the economic upturn is returning soon and a belief that an investment in real estate would be a good hedge against future inflation.

But he warns that the bullrun in the mass market property sector can only last as long as developers stay attuned to their buyers, who are mostly HDB upgraders.

"One must not forget that buyers of entry-level or mass market condominiums are very price-sensitive. Once prices go above 1.2 million dollars, such buyers tend to retreat to the sidelines or to look for cheaper alternatives."

Nonetheless, Mr Mak expects demand for mass market properties to remain at current levels for the rest of the year, especially if the economy is seen to make a sustainable recovery.

Daniel Foo
28-07-09, 00:56
Any Casa Merah owners here receive any letter or news on when key collection is ready since estimated TOP is Sept 2009. Heard from some sources that inspection is already completed for some of the stacks.

With the Optima craze next door it would help hype up the price for Casa Merah. Asking price now for most Casa Merah units is average 800psf++ upwards. Way to go. Let's hope it help push the price up the ceiling and stay put there :spliff:

thomastansb
28-07-09, 02:16
Around 17 Aug issue letters. Collection of keys 1 week later which mean 24 Aug. From NTUC one. Call and ask lor.

CM prices now all above 800psf already, even for 3 bedders. 2 bedders asking at least 850 except first floor. Even first floor also asking 800psf.

Any Casa Merah owners here receive any letter or news on when key collection is ready since estimated TOP is Sept 2009. Heard from some sources that inspection is already completed for some of the stacks.

With the Optima craze next door it would help hype up the price for Casa Merah. Asking price now for most Casa Merah units is average 800psf++ upwards. Way to go. Let's hope it help push the price up the ceiling and stay put there :spliff:

East Lover
28-07-09, 10:54
Around 17 Aug issue letters. Collection of keys 1 week later which mean 24 Aug. From NTUC one. Call and ask lor.

CM prices now all above 800psf already, even for 3 bedders. 2 bedders asking at least 850 except first floor. Even first floor also asking 800psf.
Congratualations to all Casa Merah new owners for your dream houses!

I would like to discuss with CM new onwers here -How to handle the air pollution after renovation? How long shall we move in after renovation?

I searched in google and yahoo, can't find any suggestion in Singapore, except a few governement links:

http://www.hpb.gov.sg/hpb/default.asp?pg_id=865&aid=297&altid=0
http://app2.nea.gov.sg/data/cmsresource/20090618385702933220.pdf

According to my ID, all the marterials used for renovation are safe... but how do I believe them? based on what to verify the air quality after reno?

I found this in China website, I feel it's very useful for new owners. Share with you and let's discuss.
-------------------
【认识误区】

误区1:很多业主说:我采用的都是国家法规达标材料,不会有问题的。

但达标材料不等于环保材料;达标材料不是不含有害物质,只是在限量范围内;在有限的空间内用10张板材达标不一定用20张板材也达标;而且装修材料类别越多,单项累加就有可能会超标。另外,值得引起注意的是有害气体的散发程度与温度紧密相联,夏天和冬天或夏天开空调都会在很大程度上影响有害气体的散发情况。

误区2:也有业主认为:装修气味肯定有,通风几个月就好了。

我们且不说物业空置几个月所带来的经济损失。通风的确有效但却不能从根本上解决问题,是典型的治标不治本的方法。因为室内空气污染这问题与有害气体的潜伏期有关,一般情况下,苯的潜伏期为半年以上,甲苯、二甲苯的潜伏期为1年以上,危害最大的甲醛的潜伏期能达到3—15年(与装修工艺、居室温度有关),故不能说新居通风几个月就没事。其实只要用空置一个月所产生的租金加管理费就可以为您的新家做一次全方位的综合治理了。治理后24小时您就可以安安心心、健健康康的入住了。

误区3:也有业主说:我把新家布置成一个公园一样,放置了很多绿色植物来吸附有害气体,这样应该没有污染了吧?

不可否认,绿色植物对某些有害气体有吸收作用,不过,植物吸收的有害气体的量,是微乎其微的,对于装修后的污染的清除,作用不大!另外,别忘了两点:一、植物的光合作用只在白天,夜晚时它跟人体一样是吸入氧气呼出二氧化碳,而且大多数人都是晚上回家睡觉;二、一个人一天吸入体内的空气约是20KG,相当于52个100平方米的普通居室的空气重量,放置在家中的绿色植物一天又能吸收有害气体很少,而呼出多少二氧化碳则是非常的多!

误区4:有业主问:我没闻到刺激性气味,怎么会超标呢?

甲醛超标3倍以下时,一般是闻不到刺激性气味的,当闻得到刺激性气味时已超标4至8倍以上,足以令您及您的家人受到伤害。而这种闻不到的气体更恐怖,因为您会不知不觉的中毒,当发现时已经晚了……尤其到了夏天,温度高了,甲醛等有害物质的释放量也高了,还要把门窗关闭起来开空调,室内空气不能与外界对流,有害物质会越积越多,危害也会越大。而且每个人对甲醛等有害气体的感觉都不一样。曾有位张姓女士,由于怀孕在身,对甲醛特别敏感,虽然主卧检测结果只有0.10㎎/㎡(刚好达标),但她依然觉得一回卧房就浑身不自在,嗓子干涩、喉咙发痒、乏力。故治理前她宁愿睡在通风较好的大厅而不愿睡卧房。我们不排除她自个儿的心理作用,但也足以证明,每个人对甲醛等有害物质的反应不一样。

误区5:也有业主认为装修时采用环保材料,装修后用芳香剂、柚子皮、茶叶、醋等弄弄就行了。

其实用芳香剂只是用一种气味来掩盖甲醛等有害物质的气味,没有中和或分解有害物质,而用柚子皮、茶叶、醋等手段吸附,吸附效果是非常差的,只能让您及您的家人中毒更深!

误区6:也有业主说:“怎么可能会超标呢?前几天装修公司给我检测时都是合格的!”

其实,装修公司只对他的装修工程负责而不会对您所购买的家具及其它装饰物品负责。超标的根源大部份集中于订做的墙体柜、厨柜、吊顶以及购买的电视柜、衣柜、床垫、沙发等。

世界卫生组织有关资料表明:全球每年死于因室内空气污染的人数达到280万!我国每年由室内空气污染引起的超额死亡数达11.1万,超额门诊数达22万人次,超额急诊数达430万人次。

专家提示:装修污染被称为室内的“隐形杀手”,其中的有害物质对女性、儿童和老人的伤害更加严重。装修后闻不到味道不等于没有污染,甲醛超标4倍以上才能闻到剌激性的气味。为了您和家人的健康,在入住新房前请进行装修污染治理。

East Lover
28-07-09, 14:21
What is formaldehyde?</STRONG> Formaldehyde is a colorless, flammable, strong-smelling chemical that is used to manufacture building materials and to produce many household products. It is used in pressed-wood products, such as particleboard, plywood, and fiberboard; glues and adhesives; permanent-press fabrics; paper product coatings; and certain insulation materials. In addition, formaldehyde is commonly used as an industrial fungicide, germicide, and disinfectant, and as a preservative in mortuaries and medical laboratories

[/URL]What are the short-term health effects of formaldehyde exposure?
When formaldehyde is present in the air at levels exceeding 0.1 ppm, some individuals may experience health effects, such as watery eyes; burning sensations of the eyes, nose, and throat; coughing; wheezing; nausea; and skin irritation. Some people are very sensitive to formaldehyde, whereas others have no reaction to the same level of exposure.
[URL="http://forums.condosingapore.com/"] (http://forums.condosingapore.com/)Can formaldehyde cause cancer? Although the short-term health effects of formaldehyde exposure are well known, less is known about its potential long-term health effects
http://www.asiaone.com/Health/News/Story/A1Story20090513-141092.html

Formaldehyde raises risk of deadly cancers: study
Wed, May 13, 2009
Reuters
CHICAGO (Reuters) - Industrial workers who are exposed to the chemical formaldehyde may have a significantly higher risk of dying from blood and lymphatic cancers, U.S. government researchers said on Tuesday

doragirl
28-07-09, 14:42

Anyone thought about the possiblity of getting the keys and stepping into the house the first time could be during the lunar 7th month? Are u all superstitious?

East Lover
28-07-09, 15:02
http://www.healthyindoorair.org/formald.htm

SOURCES OF FORMALDEHYDE In most homes, particle board and medium density fiberboard (MDF) are by far the major sources of formaldehyde in the environment. Some particle board is now manufactured with reduced formaldehyde, thus helping the problem to some degree. The culprit is the adhesive urea formaldehyde which can break down and release formaldehyde. A related adhesive, called phenol formaldehyde (used in softwood plywood and oriented-strand board) releases little, if any, formaldehyde. Therefore, products with phenol formaldehyde are widely recommended as substitutes for problematic board products. Oriented-strand board is now widely used for flooring and roof decking.

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/114286/hidden_danger_of_particle_board_pg2_pg2.html?cat=5
Notable items in the home containing particle board include bookshelves or entertainment units requiring assembly. Medium density fiberboard is another significant source of formaldehyde in the home, as are hardwood plywood, paneling and some floor finishes.

hkching
28-07-09, 15:07
Anyone thought about the possiblity of getting the keys and stepping into the house the first time could be during the lunar 7th month? Are u all superstitious?

I think as long as the proper rituals are done, should be ok. Just make sure that exact day is suitable for door opening.

As my mum says, "If everything cannot do during Seventh month, then might as well everyone take holiday.." :)

hkching
28-07-09, 15:08

Welcome dora girl... Just saw ur 1st post.
Can share which stack are you on? Andy and I are on Stack 10.

shespawn
28-07-09, 15:23

stack 10, nice facing and no afternoon sun. so envious of casa merah owners... i like the nice quiet jog around the private estate there.

jitkiat
28-07-09, 15:35
stack 10, nice facing and no afternoon sun. so envious of casa merah owners... i like the nice quiet jog around the private estate there.

shespawn, DBR also got nice jog. You can jog along the park connector (but with mrt noise) or Harvey crescent area (landed uphill/downhill) or Sunbird area. You can also jog/cycle along park connector to Bedok Reservoir or East Coast Park. For TM, on the otherside of MRT, there is one small path leading into landed properties ... very nice/green (looks like jungle from MRT).

doragirl
28-07-09, 23:46
I think as long as the proper rituals are done, should be ok. Just make sure that exact day is suitable for door opening.

As my mum says, "If everything cannot do during Seventh month, then might as well everyone take holiday.." :)

The usual practice is to start before the 7th month and thereafter it's alright if reno work is done during the month. My hubby is a bit against 'opening the door' if it happened to be key collection within the 7th month. but I told him no choice because we need to do check for defects within the time frame. :confused:

doragirl
28-07-09, 23:54

Thanks for the welcoming note hkching. Takes me a lot to finally post my first post because I really don't wish to entertain ungenuine comments or negative posts, after having seen loads of such people in this forum. However, there's some queries I like to share or check with you guys since we are on the same track, I'm also a subsale buyer.

All I like to share is I'm having the unit same facing as you guys and purchase my unit this year as well. pls pardon me for keeping it low.

doragirl
29-07-09, 00:00
I;ve a question for owners who went to casa's showroom before - do the kitchen door cabinets come with anti-slam features? wasn't very popular back then, only the expensive condo come with it but now it's a must-have in all new condo launches.

Daniel Foo
29-07-09, 00:45
Does anyone know whether all Casa Merah 3 & 4 Bedroom units
"Master Bedroom " come with Walk-in wardrobes standard?

Anyone who visited the showroom back then care to comment? :spliff2:

hkching
29-07-09, 00:52
The usual practice is to start before the 7th month and thereafter it's alright if reno work is done during the month. My hubby is a bit against 'opening the door' if it happened to be key collection within the 7th month. but I told him no choice because we need to do check for defects within the time frame. :confused:

I think no choice too... there's is 556 units in Casa Merah. If wait, then dunno when the developer can come around to rectify the defects at my place.

I guess as long as the ritual are done correctly, then shouldn't be a concern. If your hubby is not comfortable, maybe talk to a fengshui master to see how to overcome it lor.. Then at least everyone will be happy..

hkching
29-07-09, 00:56
I;ve a question for owners who went to casa's showroom before - do the kitchen door cabinets come with anti-slam features? wasn't very popular back then, only the expensive condo come with it but now it's a must-have in all new condo launches.

I'm not sure, but I think it pretty cheap to install it yourself if required. IKea also got sell some. Of cos BLUM System is the better choice. Also more expensive lah..

hkching
29-07-09, 00:58

I think the floorplan shows walk-in wardrobe for 3 bedders. I never see floorplan for 4 bedders but I guess should be the same. Only thing is that there isn't a door between the WIW and toilet. So need to install one yourself.

Daniel Foo
29-07-09, 01:35
I think the floorplan shows walk-in wardrobe for 3 bedders. I never see floorplan for 4 bedders but I guess should be the same. Only thing is that there isn't a door between the WIW and toilet. So need to install one yourself.

Brudder Ching, thanks for the reply. What is WIW?
Incidently what is your built in area for your unit at stack 10? 1216sq ft or 1227sq ft?

You receive any news on collection of keys for your side? :spliff2:

WolleyDragon
29-07-09, 08:52

you can check out www.casa-merah.com (http://www.casa-merah.com) they have floorplans for all types of units.

doragirl
29-07-09, 10:15
I'm not sure, but I think it pretty cheap to install it yourself if required. IKea also got sell some. Of cos BLUM System is the better choice. Also more expensive lah..

how much is it to do from BLUM system? any rough estimation (for kitchen only)?

doragirl
29-07-09, 10:17
will anyone do chengai decks at the balcony? not sure developer allows or not?

Daniel Foo
29-07-09, 10:37
you can check out www.casa-merah.com (http://www.casa-merah.com) they have floorplans for all types of units.

I am aware fo the floor plans.
The floor plan does not show the WIW (Walk in Wardrobe) clearly.
Would be good if we can have some input for those who actually saw the actual showroom;)
Is it decently spacious?

Which stack are you at WoolleyDragon?

hkching
29-07-09, 10:48
Brudder Ching, thanks for the reply. What is WIW?
Incidently what is your built in area for your unit at stack 10? 1216sq ft or 1227sq ft?

You receive any news on collection of keys for your side? :spliff2:

WIW = Walk-in Wardrobe. :)

My built-in area is 1227 sqft

hkching
29-07-09, 10:49
will anyone do chengai decks at the balcony? not sure developer allows or not?

I'm thinking of doing. Still waiting to receive my sales agreement so I can check.

hkching
29-07-09, 10:51
how much is it to do from BLUM system? any rough estimation (for kitchen only)?

Hmm... think its about $4 per hinge. Not sure about latest price.
Maybe you want to look at www.blum.com or do a search in www.renotalk.com.sg for more information.

doragirl
29-07-09, 11:17
I'm thinking of doing. Still waiting to receive my sales agreement so I can check.

i ask my ID to do it but she said it's better to ask management on this because they may not allow, so my quote didn't include that.

anyway have u meet up with any ID? not sure is it I'm doing a lot of stuff but mostly quoting me $30K for the reno. I'm not sure if it's too expensive to reno a new condo since almost half the house is done up.

cksonic
29-07-09, 13:17
i just went to sign my SNP agreement with my lawyers, and asked them to submit a request to developers asking for the detailed floorplan. the law firm admin said the developers' lawyers have been very busy, so may not have time to entertain...*#@*&!@*(&!@#

hkching, did you manage to get the floorplan yet? last heard you were trying to get hold of that.

hkching
29-07-09, 23:17
i just went to sign my SNP agreement with my lawyers, and asked them to submit a request to developers asking for the detailed floorplan. the law firm admin said the developers' lawyers have been very busy, so may not have time to entertain...*#@*&!@*(&!@#

hkching, did you manage to get the floorplan yet? last heard you were trying to get hold of that.

I've got a "to-scale" floorplan which they emailed me. Its Type B4. If you interested, PM me your email address.

hkching
29-07-09, 23:20
i ask my ID to do it but she said it's better to ask management on this because they may not allow, so my quote didn't include that.

anyway have u meet up with any ID? not sure is it I'm doing a lot of stuff but mostly quoting me $30K for the reno. I'm not sure if it's too expensive to reno a new condo since almost half the house is done up.

I've already signed up with my ID. It's an old friend who did my present place in Sengkang. Overall cost is around $20K. Chengal decking i'm doing separately as it is cheaper than the one quoted by my ID. If you interested, you can see my entry in http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=21673

andyng76
29-07-09, 23:39
I've got a "to-scale" floorplan which they emailed me. Its Type B4. If you interested, PM me your email address.

Hi hkching,

Is the florrplan with specific dimension or just in terms of scale ratio only? Just want to confirm if mine recieved is the same. TQ!

hkching
30-07-09, 10:40
Hi hkching,

Is the florrplan with specific dimension or just in terms of scale ratio only? Just want to confirm if mine recieved is the same. TQ!

Its the same as yours i think. But they indicated 600 for the washer width and 700 for the fridge width..

doragirl
30-07-09, 11:45
I've already signed up with my ID. It's an old friend who did my present place in Sengkang. Overall cost is around $20K. Chengal decking i'm doing separately as it is cheaper than the one quoted by my ID. If you interested, you can see my entry in http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=21673

that means your quote quite reasonable, maybe because he gave u special discount as well.
my ID actually discourage me to put chengai decks because she said usually are those people who wants to cover up planter box. And ours come with tiles, so should just leave it like that.

btw, i tried replying your pm but your mailbox storage exceeds.
Thanks for your ID recom.

cksonic
30-07-09, 12:11
thanks in advance bro. did you request for this through your lawyers, or direct emailing to NTUC Choice Homes?

i can't get through to your mailbox, cos its full. lemme know when you have cleared, so that i can PM you my email addr. thnks!!

hkching
01-08-09, 01:31

I've drop a note to NTUC Choice Home to ask them to consider bringing forward the key distribution to before Lunar 7th month. Maybe you will like to lodge your request too. Never hurts to get another supporter.. :)

You can do so here... They are usually quite responsive...
http://www.ntuc-choicehomes.com/contact.html

hkching
01-08-09, 01:34
that means your quote quite reasonable, maybe because he gave u special discount as well.
my ID actually discourage me to put chengai decks because she said usually are those people who wants to cover up planter box. And ours come with tiles, so should just leave it like that.

btw, i tried replying your pm but your mailbox storage exceeds.
Thanks for your ID recom.

I'm thinking of doing the chengai decking as it is easier to maintain. If the outside tiles get heavy rain and sun, it will turn yellowish pretty quickly if not property maintained.

Daniel Foo
01-08-09, 02:45
CM owners, just want to get some feedback on whether you guys find the car park entrance to the condo to be rather narrow and sharp.

Also :-
1) do all cars entering the condo including "residents" having to turn left i.e going through the round-about drop off point before going down to the underground carpark

or

2) for CM residents only, you can straightaway turn right and hit straight down to the underground carpark.

The security guard told me it is No. (2). But if you observe the arrow drawn on the driveway, it proves otherwise. Anyone care to comment?

If residents having to go through the roundabouts everytime they enter CM entrance ,that would be a hassle. :spliff:

hkching
01-08-09, 08:13
CM owners, just want to get some feedback on whether you guys find the car park entrance to the condo to be rather narrow and sharp.

1) do all cars entering the condo including "residents" having to turn left i.e going through the round-about drop off point before going down to the underground carpark

or

2) for CM residents only, you can straightaway turn right and hit straight down to the underground carpark.

The security guard told me it is No. (2). But if you observe the arrow drawn on the driveway, it proves otherwise. Anyone care to comment?

If residents having to go through the roundabouts everytime they enter CM entrance ,that would be a hassle. :spliff:

Not sure.. But I think it should not be too much of a bother.. Let us try it out when we collect the keys.. :)

doragirl
01-08-09, 12:44
I've drop a note to NTUC Choice Home to ask them to consider bringing forward the key distribution to before Lunar 7th month. Maybe you will like to lodge your request too. Never hurts to get another supporter.. :)

You can do so here... They are usually quite responsive...
http://www.ntuc-choicehomes.com/contact.html

really ?? I'm so going to put up this request. hopefully, they will accede to this special request. Thanks!

doragirl
01-08-09, 12:48

or

i don't think they will 'force' everyone to take the loop to drop off before going down to carpark. Shouldn't be a concern because singaporeans are very good with sharp turns and bends :tongue3: unless your car very big or lorries, then it will pose a concern with the turn.

doragirl
01-08-09, 12:51
I'm thinking of doing the chengai decking as it is easier to maintain. If the outside tiles get heavy rain and sun, it will turn yellowish pretty quickly if not property maintained.

is it easier to maintain? My friend shared that underneath the decks could be a dust collection point.
maybe when we move in, check with main contractor their quote.

thomastansb
01-08-09, 13:44
Also one thing, for those staying at stack 45, 41, 37 etc, let's say I am returning from the MRT. Then I enter the side gate. Does that mean I have the climb up the stairs everytime? What about a person old and not so agile?

Daniel Foo
01-08-09, 17:07
Also one thing, for those staying at stack 45, 41, 37 etc, let's say I am returning from the MRT. Then I enter the side gate. Does that mean I have the climb up the stairs everytime? What about a person old and not so agile?

Thomas,
I think technically "Yes" based on my observation as Casa Merah is build on slightly elevated ground. You need to climb the stairs.
On the flip side, Feng Shui is good as the Chinese saying goes "Bu Bu Gao Shen". But it may be a hassle for old people or those pushing baby prams exiting from Tanah Merah MRT station. Good for youngster as it is a good form of exercise.
Maybe they should build a ramp like those for handicap people at the extreme left end near to the rubbish collection area. This would facilitate people who want to take the side gate or those who want to ride their bicycle to the park connector or East Coast Park nearby. Maybe you should put a feedback to the management. :spliff2:

Daniel Foo
01-08-09, 17:14
i don't think they will 'force' everyone to take the loop to drop off before going down to carpark. Shouldn't be a concern because singaporeans are very good with sharp turns and bends :tongue3: unless your car very big or lorries, then it will pose a concern with the turn.

I still think the entrance area is quite badly designed. The entrance area is quite cramp. If you notice other condo example our neighbour East Meadows the same area the other side, you will notice the orientation of the entrance area is very pleasant to drive in. Anyways, we cannot expect everything to be perfect lah... :beats-me-man:

doragirl
01-08-09, 23:39
I still think the entrance area is quite badly designed. The entrance area is quite cramp. If you notice other condo example our neighbour East Meadows the same area the other side, you will notice the orientation of the entrance area is very pleasant to drive in. Anyways, we cannot expect everything to be perfect lah... :beats-me-man:

after staying in, i expect more imperfections to come.. we went to view the site and notice that the corridor (lift landing space) actually quite narrow between 2 opposite units. The current place i stay has unblock front door view with strong wind, need to get used to the crampy layout next time.

the only good thing to rave about is location (as of now).

hkching
02-08-09, 10:30
after staying in, i expect more imperfections to come.. we went to view the site and notice that the corridor (lift landing space) actually quite narrow between 2 opposite units. The current place i stay has unblock front door view with strong wind, need to get used to the crampy layout next time.

the only good thing to rave about is location (as of now).

You mean you went in to take a look?

Anyway, I guess everyone have their own expectations. I'm currently sharing my small common corridor with 2 other neighbours. The front is blocked but I still get strong wind (my dining lights cracked cos the strong wind blow and hit them against one another). So I may enjoy the layout of Casa Merah..

andyng76
02-08-09, 23:14
Have anyone went to see the place this weekend? The pool is filled with water and so ready to swim. The noise of water is so nice to hear near sta\
\\\\

Daniel Foo
03-08-09, 00:56
Anyone here visited the Casa Merah showroom back then. Care to comment on the overall layout, ie living area, kitchen layout, the built in wardrobes & cabinets, the bathrooms quality & color tone etc.

Is the space within the individual unit fully utilised. Example balcony area and general space usage of the layout.
Also the quality of the construction material used.

Thanks all :spliff2:

doragirl
03-08-09, 15:12
i've a good news for everyone.

CASA MERAH just obtained TOP!

noblebaby
03-08-09, 15:18
launched in April 2007, TOP in August 2009, about 2 years 3 months. Not bad...

Congrats all owners. :)

doragirl
03-08-09, 15:24
Anyone here visited the Casa Merah showroom back then. Care to comment on the overall layout, ie living area, kitchen layout, the built in wardrobes & cabinets, the bathrooms quality & color tone etc.

Is the space within the individual unit fully utilised. Example balcony area and general space usage of the layout.
Also the quality of the construction material used.

Thanks all :spliff2:

I'm also always wondering how the given fixtures look like. Good thing is we will soon get to verify all our doubts soon. But the cabinets look rather ugly, those typical old design, i'm planning to relaminate it if possible.

I inherited dark tiles from the seller's choice. A bit disappointed cos i find white tiles easier to get furniture. There's a lot of fixtures that can be seen from outside the condo (facing the semi-d). drive by and have a look

doragirl
03-08-09, 15:27
You mean you went in to take a look?

Anyway, I guess everyone have their own expectations. I'm currently sharing my small common corridor with 2 other neighbours. The front is blocked but I still get strong wind (my dining lights cracked cos the strong wind blow and hit them against one another). So I may enjoy the layout of Casa Merah..

i see from outside. not that far actually :) come to think of it, can actually easily climb over the fence for law-breakers. next time must join committee to voice all these out.

Daniel Foo
03-08-09, 15:53
I'm also always wondering how the given fixtures look like. Good thing is we will soon get to verify all our doubts soon. But the cabinets look rather ugly, those typical old design, i'm planning to relaminate it if possible.

I inherited dark tiles from the seller's choice. A bit disappointed cos i find white tiles easier to get furniture. There's a lot of fixtures that can be seen from outside the condo (facing the semi-d). drive by and have a look

Dora,
I guess you got your unit from subsale too :) .
Anyway, NTUC Choice Homes projects are well known for the quality of most of their projects & also condo-maintenance (i.e well kept generally). So no worries lah;)

http://www.ntuc-choicehomes.com/projects_current_casa_merah.html[/URL]

http://www.ntuc-choicehomes.com/projects_current_casa_merah.html

Awards from NTUC Choice Homes :-

Casa Merah - BCA Green Mark Gold Award :p

Grandeur 8 - BCA Best Buildable Design Award, Residential Non-Landed Buildings Category (for projects with GFA ≥ 25,000m2)

Park Green - BCA Best Buildable Design Award, Residential Non-Landed Buildings Category (for projects with GFA ≥ 25,000m2)
[URL="http://www.ntuc-choicehomes.com/projects_current_casa_merah.html"] (http://www.ntuc-choicehomes.com/projects_current_casa_merah.htm)

hkching
03-08-09, 22:30

One thing I'm considering is to change the cabinet door to frosted glass sliding door. This will save some space in the room. All depends on whether it is allowed and how much it would cost...

hkching
03-08-09, 22:32

I also got the email... :)

To clear doubts, Doragirl and I drop emails to NTUC Choice Homes about the key collection date. They replied and said that Casa Merah has just obtained TOP. That's why we get to know..

doragirl
04-08-09, 11:08
One thing I'm considering is to change the cabinet door to frosted glass sliding door. This will save some space in the room. All depends on whether it is allowed and how much it would cost...

you mean the cupboards door change to sliding? But the current one is swinging type, so if u do sliding must install tracks out of the cupboard?

i saw the sliding door for the walk-in wardrobe. woody laminate type. faint.
must change it. if not clash with my master br's concept.

doragirl
04-08-09, 11:20
Dora,
I guess you got your unit from subsale too :) .
Anyway, NTUC Choice Homes projects are well known for the quality of most of their projects & also condo-maintenance (i.e well kept generally). So no worries lah;)

http://www.ntuc-choicehomes.com/projects_current_casa_merah.html[/URL]

http://www.ntuc-choicehomes.com/projects_current_casa_merah.html

Awards from NTUC Choice Homes :-

Casa Merah - BCA Green Mark Gold Award :p

Grandeur 8 - BCA Best Buildable Design Award, Residential Non-Landed Buildings Category (for projects with GFA ≥ 25,000m2)

Park Green - BCA Best Buildable Design Award, Residential Non-Landed Buildings Category (for projects with GFA ≥ 25,000m2)
[URL="http://www.ntuc-choicehomes.com/projects_current_casa_merah.html"] (http://www.ntuc-choicehomes.com/projects_current_casa_merah.htm)

yup, got it through subsale, before the crazy price hike. :scared-4:

good to see their awards for some projects. But i've a friend who used to stay at rivervale crest also by ntuc choice homes. that one the standard not as good though. park green wins aesthetically even though it is an ec.

the other day i drove past and deliberately study the entrance drive-in. you are right, it's really very very narrow to do a turn without going through the drop-off porch. maybe the idea is to drive past the drop-off area??...

hkching
04-08-09, 15:17
you mean the cupboards door change to sliding? But the current one is swinging type, so if u do sliding must install tracks out of the cupboard?

i saw the sliding door for the walk-in wardrobe. woody laminate type. faint.
must change it. if not clash with my master br's concept.

I saw from the casa merah specifications that it is a frameless glass sliding door.
Hmmm...

dist16
04-08-09, 15:50
Thanks hkching and Dora for the good news!
By the way I am owner of a unit in blk 50. Just found this thread recently. Also got my unit through subsale.

So did NTUC reply to you when they will distribute the keys?

Daniel Foo
04-08-09, 16:45
From the horse mouth (NTUC Choic Homes) :D
The "TOP" process will be done in stages, ie. by stacks and blocks.
I think Stack 50 go first then the rest xxxx ......

They target about 10+ units per day. Dun ask me why :tongue3:
Based on total 556 units, the whole TOP process should be completed by end Sept 2009 latest.

For those "pan tan" for Hungry Ghost Festival which starts on 20th Aug & ends 19 Sept 2009, you need to do some calculation in terms of right timing to move in. I doubt NTUC Choic Homes can issue all the keys before 20 Aug 2009. :spliff2:

james8899
04-08-09, 18:00
I would like to seek all owners especially those with bathrooms for master facing outside meaning externally people can see, it seems the glasses are so big and while this is open concept , for privacy we should demand for some standardised wallpaper to cover the windows.. from developer they are not going to do anything. Then the problem will be every unit will paste different colors and the whole stack will look very "colorful" those who viewed on site will know any comments?

doragirl
04-08-09, 19:58
I saw from the casa merah specifications that it is a frameless glass sliding door.
Hmmm...

strange...then i saw one wooden sliding door is for where? kitchen? or maybe i see wrongly :P

doragirl
04-08-09, 20:01
By the way I am owner of a unit in blk 50. Just found this thread recently. Also got my unit through subsale.

they will get lawyer to contact us and the faster we make payment for the maintenance, the faster we get, also must depend on which stacks issue first.

doragirl
04-08-09, 20:06
From the horse mouth (NTUC Choic Homes) :D
The "TOP" process will be done in stages, ie. by stacks and blocks.
I think Stack 50 go first then the rest xxxx ......

They target about 10+ units per day. Dun ask me why :tongue3:
Based on total 556 units, the whole TOP process should be completed by end Sept 2009 latest.

For those "pan tan" for Hungry Ghost Festival which starts on 20th Aug & ends 19 Sept 2009, you need to do some calculation in terms of right timing to move in. I doubt NTUC Choic Homes can issue all the keys before 20 Aug 2009. :spliff2:

reno works also need another 2-3 weeks, so not possible for anyone to shift in during that month. just the pan tang thing for entering the house during that month. ..hmmm.. i must go ready my pineapple to throw into the house hahaha

doragirl
04-08-09, 20:15
I would like to seek all owners especially those with bathrooms for master facing outside meaning externally people can see, it seems the glasses are so big and while this is open concept , for privacy we should demand for some standardised wallpaper to cover the windows.. from developer they are not going to do anything. Then the problem will be every unit will paste different colors and the whole stack will look very "colorful" those who viewed on site will know any comments?

i saw a lot of condo showrooms put blinds.
maybe the idea is for people to enjoy the scenery whilst soaking in bubble bath. But i find the person inside the bath is more like 'scenery' for others to view :)

the blinds go something like that
http://www.karbell.com.sg/blinds.htm

james8899
04-08-09, 21:29
i saw a lot of condo showrooms put blinds.
maybe the idea is for people to enjoy the scenery whilst soaking in bubble bath. But i find the person inside the bath is more like 'scenery' for others to view :)

the blinds go something like that
http://www.karbell.com.sg/blinds.htm

Just curious u think there is such material where the external people cannot see (like piece of opaque material) but u can see externally that will be ideal

hkching
04-08-09, 21:57
strange...then i saw one wooden sliding door is for where? kitchen? or maybe i see wrongly :P

According to specs :

From Dining to Kitchen - Timber Door with Glass Infill
Bedroom, Bathroom, Linen and Store - Timber Door

hkching
04-08-09, 22:01

I think actually the idea is to allow more light to come into the house. I was advise against putting wallpaper as it will darken the place. Frosted covering also not good, cos at night with lights on, the whole world can still see your shadow, which is even worse.

The best is actually blinds which you can lower when bathing and pull up when not in use to allow lights in.

hkching
04-08-09, 22:03

Welcome welcome.... just happy that our little community is getting bigger...

hkching
04-08-09, 22:05
Just curious u think there is such material where the external people cannot see (like piece of opaque material) but u can see externally that will be ideal

The only thing I can think off is 1 way glass. But that means you need to change all the windows in the bathroom. Think it is not allowed. :(

ngloong
04-08-09, 23:11
Any one worry by the construction noise from Optima for next 3 years ? And to be blocked by Optima, after 3 years later ?

doragirl
04-08-09, 23:17

there should be. you know like those paste on car windows?

doragirl
04-08-09, 23:21
Any one worry by the construction noise from Optima for next 3 years ? And to be blocked by Optima, after 3 years later ?

not so worry about being blocked by optima. actually better, block the mrt noises. my friend stayed in the tanamera, the mrt track disturbance can be quite loud to even tolerate.

as for construction, no choice, sure will get all the dust and construction noise, even for those who face inside. but on the hindsight, if everything is built up - nearby condos and shopping mall, then the price to get will be higher than now. so suffer now enjoy later

Daniel Foo
05-08-09, 00:58
not so worry about being blocked by optima. actually better, block the mrt noises. my friend stayed in the tanamera, the mrt track disturbance can be quite loud to even tolerate.

as for construction, no choice, sure will get all the dust and construction noise, even for those who face inside. but on the hindsight, if everything is built up - nearby condos and shopping mall, then the price to get will be higher than now. so suffer now enjoy later

For those in Casa Merah stacks directly facing Optima too bad. You will get to peep into your next door new neighbour block. Moreover, Optima is 14 storey, thus may tower over CM which is 12 storey ==> maybe less windy next time but u it willdefinitely absorb all the MRT noise.
Luckily my stack is safe from the Optima stack and view not block.

When construction start, there is definitely an opportunity cost to pay
i.e when Optima or the shopping mall is erected. Need to bear with the piling sound, dust, lorries moving in and out etc. But anyway, construction work is done during the day when most of us are at work,so dun bother lah, at night still come back to your cosy home to relax & koon :sleep:

On the bright side, when the shopping mall is up, we will be the envy of most of the other East side condo owners , also your condo price will appreciate further when shopping mall is up :spliff2:

venus
05-08-09, 01:19
But those who bought the CM penthouse facing optima will :banghead:

kEN9170
05-08-09, 06:41
For WFW, construction work end at 9pm.

For those in Casa Merah stacks directly facing Optima too bad. You will get to peep into your next door new neighbour block. Moreover, Optima is 14 storey, thus may tower over CM which is 12 storey ==> maybe less windy next time but u it willdefinitely absorb all the MRT noise.

i.e when Optima or the shopping mall is erected. Need to bear with the piling sound, dust, lorries moving in and out etc. But anyway, construction work is done during the day when most of us are at work,so dun bother lah, at night still come back to your cosy home to relax & koon :sleep:

On the bright side, when the shopping mall is up, we will be the envy of most of the other East side condo owners , also your condo price will appreciate further when shopping mall is up :spliff2:

xebay11
05-08-09, 08:00

I saw the planning for that area which states commercial use for the last piece of land, but to say it is a shopping centre there is a bit premature, the access will be difficult for cars coming in and out as Tanah Mera Kechil Link is very narrow and even has a road divider in the middle and also there is not enough critical mass for a shopping centre to sustain there, Simpang Bedok already has a retail area and except for the ground floor, the second floor hawkers centre and some shops are quiet as a ghost town.

BTW 99 year lease properties do not hold good mid term value, short term and long term may see some gains, so unless you sell within 5 years, I dont see how you would make good gains, as there is oversupply in that area, even East Meadows have many units selling below valuation.

doragirl
05-08-09, 08:06
For WFW, construction work end at 9pm.

yes i agree. they don't usually end early especially towards the later part of completion. sometimes they work into midnight with bright lights seen. I used to stay at one where the next plot of land was built from scratch to a cluster of hdb for 2 yrs. the noise is actually bearable in my opinion, it's only the dust that will settle in daily even though i'm not directly facing it, blocked by other stacks. some cons include the need to wait for all the big and slow trucks that go in and out.

btw, i also don't face optima directly. in a way, i get 50% lesser dust. :cheers1:

Daniel_Yee
05-08-09, 09:30
Rent it out lor...
If Optima can sell 1k psf, Casa Merah also mah..

I saw the planning for that area which states commercial use for the last piece of land, but to say it is a shopping centre there is a bit premature, the access will be difficult for cars coming in and out as Tanah Mera Kechil Link is very narrow and even has a road divider in the middle and also there is not enough critical mass for a shopping centre to sustain there, Simpang Bedok already has a retail area and except for the ground floor, the second floor hawkers centre and some shops are quiet as a ghost town.

BTW 99 year lease properties do not hold good mid term value, short term and long term may see some gains, so unless you sell within 5 years, I dont see how you would make good gains, as there is oversupply in that area, even East Meadows have many units selling below valuation.

venus
05-08-09, 09:46
Rent it out lor...
If Optima can sell 1k psf, Casa Merah also mah..

But it doesnt work this way. there are a lot of other factors that determine the price a condo can command. CM can fetch around 750-800psf now, east meadow can? silversea selling $1600psf for seaview units, cote d'azur can sell at this price?

dist16
05-08-09, 09:55
Welcome welcome.... just happy that our little community is getting bigger...

Thanks hkching. I am at the last row of the stakes same with you...

I like this thread we can share our latest info about CM and even the reno ideas etc... thinking I should pull my hubby here to take a look also as he is the one to worry about the reno part:)

dist16
05-08-09, 10:12
Do you guys worry about the pollution and smell with the new building and new reno? How long do you plan to leave the unit there and let the smell subside before you move in?

By the way, last night an agent called me asking if I want to sell my unit. The offer is 800psf. Not sure true or not. Anyway on average I receive 3 calls every day from different agents since 2 months ago. Dont know where they got my home tel#.:doh:

Daniel_Yee
05-08-09, 11:28
It will take some time to reach that 1000psf and rental yield is an important factor. But you cannot compare silversea and cote d'azur with casa merah and optima. The finishing is better at silversea and have nicer units and thus, the higher price. But casa merah has much nicer finishings. So in terms of quality, I feel casa merah is much better. Of course, quieter a lot. I am not sure about the actual unit but I went to both showflats with an intention to flip but never get any. I think optima only offers homogenous tiles and some normal looking condo stuffs. But wing tai really put in quality finishes for casa merah and people will know in a few weeks time. Might buy one unit there and let it appreciate to 950psf then sell.

But it doesnt work this way. there are a lot of other factors that determine the price a condo can command. CM can fetch around 750-800psf now, east meadow can? silversea selling $1600psf for seaview units, cote d'azur can sell at this price?

Daniel_Yee
05-08-09, 11:36
They get from the management office or their power search system for agents. Pay $ can get liao. Don't sell now. I got 30-40% gain for my TR but I am waiting. If AMK can sell 1.2k, tanah merah can sell 1.3k. My TR can sell 2k already. 220% returns where to find.. Wait for IR or you put a 950psf price tag. Once TOP, people move in and those need to rent will rent out, then price will stabilize and move towards Optima pricing. Don't forget, casa merah immediate rental yield whereas optima need to wait. Which is why the better quality Lumiere cost lesser than Icon because Icon got rental. Just wait for casa merah to overtake the psf for optima then u sell. Always remember, casa merah has more quality and don't have the 3 toners noise every 2 mins.

Do you guys worry about the pollution and smell with the new building and new reno? How long do you plan to leave the unit there and let the smell subside before you move in?

By the way, last night an agent called me asking if I want to sell my unit. The offer is 800psf. Not sure true or not. Anyway on average I receive 3 calls every day from different agents since 2 months ago. Dont know where they got my home tel#.:doh:

Daniel Foo
05-08-09, 11:39

Actually the road there is the least concern. They can easily remove the divider in front of East Meadows along Tanah Merah Kecil Ave, or they can easily make an entrance from the other side i.e along New Upper Changi Road, somewhere before the Tanah Merah MRT, make an entance exit to the commercial building via underground carpark.
Anyway most heartlanders shopping mall slip road is narrow, look at Simei Shopping Centre, Tampines Mall and the new Tampines 1 Mall and you will understand. There is an opportunity cost if you want Shopping mall at your door steps. You will have convenience but you have to compromise.

Critical mass for the proposed mall will eventually come in with Changi Business Park, 4th University opening up in the next 2 years. Also once more condos is erected along that area, you will have more human traffic and patrons.

Leasehold projects in good location will still fetch a premium especially it is located near MRT, amenities or good schools. Look at Bayshore Park, The Bayshore which is close to the sea, after close to 25+ years it is still fetching what some of the newer condos is fetching in terms of psf because of location which you cannot take away.

For those projects like Telok Kurau area boutique condos although it is Freehold, you will have a problem offloading down the road of its locality, lack of full condo facilities and way too many surrounding similar projects. I have a friend who is still trying to offload his Telok Kurau condo after 3 years. No takers as customers complain to deep in and hard to rent out, no MRT nearby etc.

venus
05-08-09, 11:49
Casa merah better quality??? ntuc choice homes was the one who built ECs rmbr? CM owners are discussing abt changing this and that finishing. If so nice why need to change?

Daniel Foo
05-08-09, 11:53
Casa merah better quality??? ntuc choice homes was the one who built ECs rmbr? CM owners are discussing abt changing this and that finishing. If so nice why need to change?

No perfect world lah, one man's meat is another man's poison. If everything is perfect, ID (Interior Designer) & contractors *will all be out of job.:D

Daniel_Yee
05-08-09, 12:00
I don't know. No comments since I don't own any unit and I haven't see the actual unit yet. I already said, my comments are based on the showflats only. This is just my point of view and you may have different opinion. Casa merah finishing is quality and of course, generous with nice marble vanity and marble flooring. For Optima, seems like homogenous tiles all the way and cupboards and vanity look cheapo to me. But outside, Optima looks better. Anyway, really have to see the actual unit. Now talk so much also no use. The developer draw Esta so nice but actual view is so cannot make it. I remember blue windows and glossy white in the pamphlet but now, just plain windows and yellowish walls.

Anyway, Wing tai was the developer. NTUC only pump in money. They know nuts about building condos.

venus
05-08-09, 12:13
Actually what i was trying to say was its not so simple like what u said "if optima can sell 1000psf CM also can." Many factors can affect valuation, not simply bcos of design or finishing. even within the same development diff units command diff price. eg facing, level, condition, etc.

Btw your last comment regarding wingtai and ntuc's roles in this project... I think its the reverse leh :cheers1:

doragirl
05-08-09, 12:14
Actually the road there is the least concern. They can easily remove the divider in front of East Meadows along Tanah Merah Kecil Ave, or they can easily make an entrance from the other side i.e along New Upper Changi Road, somewhere before the Tanah Merah MRT, make an entance exit to the commercial building via underground carpark.
Anyway most heartlanders shopping mall slip road is narrow, look at Simei Shopping Centre, Tampines Mall and the new Tampines 1 Mall and you will understand. There is an opportunity cost if you want Shopping mall at your door steps. You will have convenience but you have to compromise.

Critical mass for the proposed mall will eventually come in with Changi Business Park, 4th University opening up in the next 2 years. Also once more condos is erected along that area, you will have more human traffic and patrons.

Leasehold projects in good location will still fetch a premium especially it is located near MRT, amenities or good schools. Look at Bayshore Park, The Bayshore which is close to the sea, after close to 25+ years it is still fetching what some of the newer condos is fetching in terms of psf because of location which you cannot take away.

For those projects like Telok Kurau area boutique condos although it is Freehold, you will have a problem offloading down the road of its locality, lack of full condo facilities and way too many surrounding similar projects. I have a friend who is still trying to offload his Telok Kurau condo after 3 years. No takers as customers complain to deep in and hard to rent out, no MRT nearby etc.

i like your analysis :cheers1:

hope you manage to get a unit here and flip at a good price or if not, bunk in as neighbours with us :)

venus
05-08-09, 12:18
You are so right abt differences between showflat/ broachures and actual thing. most 1st time hdb upgraders sure get rude shock when they collect their keys ;)

doragirl
05-08-09, 12:20

My agent also called me and asked me if i want to sell now since it has appreciate a good 100k at least. we did discuss about it and find that such are small carrots that cannot compromise in the long run. When economy is good and our unit can fetch higher than today, will we :banghead: ? if valuation goes down, it's also fine because we are staying in for own comfort, but anyway is the location that matters to us now so we won't be tempted to earn a quick one.

actually i did consider waterfront key, but top too long.

doragirl
05-08-09, 12:25
No perfect world lah, one man's meat is another man's poison. If everything is perfect, ID (Interior Designer) & contractors *will all be out of job.:D

true.. beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. for those who like balinese style, wood finishing will be great, some like modern contemp, country, oriental, european, french, then we just have to make changes to suit our needs.

not so much about condemning the project. in fact, casa overall landscape is one of the better ones I've compared with before making a decision to lock in my subsale.

venus
05-08-09, 12:29
My agent also called me and asked me if i want to sell now since it has appreciate a good 100k at least. we did discuss about it and find that such are small carrots that cannot compromise in the long run. When economy is good and our unit can fetch higher than today, will we :banghead: ? if valuation goes down, it's also fine because we are staying in for own comfort, but anyway is the location that matters to us now so we won't be tempted to earn a quick one.

actually i did consider waterfront key, but top too long.

If I were u I will wait till economy improves and shopping mall (If there is really going to be one) to come up. Be patient. ;)

Daniel Foo
05-08-09, 12:35
i like your analysis :cheers1:

hope you manage to get a unit here and flip at a good price or if not, bunk in as neighbours with us :)

I am your neighbour there lah. Wat stack are u in?
We can plan for a mini barbeque for all the CM supporters here.

You heard anything on key collection for your stack? :spliff2:

doragirl
05-08-09, 12:42
I am your neighbour there lah. Wat stack are u in?
We can plan for a mini barbeque for all the CM supporters here.

You heard anything on key collection for your stack? :spliff2:

haha, sorry blur sotong me. thought someone said they don't have a unit here.
my stack faces the children's pool.

as for key collection, someone mentioned start from stack 50 right? so i guess i will be one of the last to collect.

xebay11
05-08-09, 12:59

That is why I said that leasehold good for very long term investment or if you flip within five years, many 99 year leaseholds loose value after 5 years.

Don't know about your friend, but TK freehold boutique projects very near MRT are very in demand.

Well anyway good luck on Casa Merah, I have lived in Tanah Mera before and it is time for me to move on closer to the city, the East Coast and something freehold. Tana Merah has its charms and is great for peaceful landed like living but I am not betting my horses on a shopping centre there.

One thing I do agree Casa Mera is a better development than Optima anytime. :)

cksonic
05-08-09, 13:04
hahaha...i asked my lawyer to take out my mobile and contact number when lodging the caveat, so far nobody called yet. only got my current house address for necessary correspondence, just hope no agents show up at my doorstep waving me a check! :scared-5:

but good to oso receive these calls from agents sometimes, so you know roughly what the market is like out there.

cksonic
05-08-09, 13:13
isit too early to get an interior designer now to do up the design? CM will be my marital home come Jan 2010, and i am now abit kancheong on the renovation part. 1st time home owner :(

my agent tell me not to kancheong :scared-3: just get key 1st, inspect the defects then slowly plan the renovation. he says sure can complete by year end.

hkching
05-08-09, 13:19

as for key collection, someone mentioned start from stack 50 right? so i guess i will be one of the last to collect.

I think he meant block 50 start not stack 50..

hkching
05-08-09, 13:25
isit too early to get an interior designer now to do up the design? CM will be my marital home come Jan 2010, and i am now abit kancheong on the renovation part. 1st time home owner :(

my agent tell me not to kancheong :scared-3: just get key 1st, inspect the defects then slowly plan the renovation. he says sure can complete by year end.

I think it depends if u r in the rush. I'm staying at a temporary place right now so need to rush a bit. Got my id and design ready. When get key, he will start measuring and can start work off site.

Most reno will take 6 to 8 weeks. Some things can be added later too like curtains. So u should be in time.

gerberas
05-08-09, 13:43

Hi, Can someone advise how do we tell which blk belongs to which stack? Anyone staying in ground level, with a patio? Thinking of installing a shelter (or whatever u call it!) in the patio so that my kids can run around without me having to worry about litter from above.

Daniel_Yee
05-08-09, 13:46
My wife is in NTUC choice home. That is why I know.. Hahaha. NTUC know shit about building house. It's always NTUC pump money then joint development. Dakota residences also a joint one.

Actually what i was trying to say was its not so simple like what u said "if optima can sell 1000psf CM also can." Many factors can affect valuation, not simply bcos of design or finishing. even within the same development diff units command diff price. eg facing, level, condition, etc.

Btw your last comment regarding wingtai and ntuc's roles in this project... I think its the reverse leh :cheers1:

Daniel_Yee
05-08-09, 13:48
There are 2 daniels here

WolleyDragon
05-08-09, 13:56
My wife is in NTUC choice home. That is why I know.. Hahaha. NTUC know shit about building house. It's always NTUC pump money then joint development. Dakota residences also a joint one.

so you're saying the developer of this condo is really Wing Tai? I thought the split is 70% NTUC and 30% Wing Tai..

maybe I should take a look at this then

Daniel_Yee
05-08-09, 14:00
Nope.. Fully developed by WingTai. NTUC pump $ only.

so you're saying the developer of this condo is really Wing Tai? I thought the split is 70% NTUC and 30% Wing Tai..

maybe I should take a look at this then

venus
05-08-09, 14:05

Is that right? hmmm....how come last time when I called wingtai to enquire abt CM they said they dunno anything and told me to call ntuc as they are fully in-charge of the project? strange...

u also agree ntuc quality not great rite? though I read in this thread someone mentioned ntuc project very high std. scratch my head...

Daniel_Yee
05-08-09, 14:17
The thing I know is WT build, NTUC sleeping partner. The quality for WT is good. Anyway, TOP already. Can go see soon then make comparison..

Is that right? hmmm....how come last time when I called wingtai to enquire abt CM they said they dunno anything and told me to call ntuc as they are fully in-charge of the project? strange...

u also agree ntuc quality not great rite? though I read in this thread someone mentioned ntuc project very high std. scratch my head...

venus
05-08-09, 14:41
The thing I know is WT build, NTUC sleeping partner. The quality for WT is good. Anyway, TOP already. Can go see soon then make comparison..

Your wife works in ntuc shud hv staff discount. Why didn't u get a unit last time? Rmbr CM launch was even more "spectacular" than optima. The queue was at least 200m long snaking around east meadows. :scared-5:

doragirl
05-08-09, 14:52

is it? then my chance are of getting first is now higher :D

doragirl
05-08-09, 14:55
I think it depends if u r in the rush. I'm staying at a temporary place right now so need to rush a bit. Got my id and design ready. When get key, he will start measuring and can start work off site.

Most reno will take 6 to 8 weeks. Some things can be added later too like curtains. So u should be in time.

my ID told me max 3 weeks 'gao tim' the reno because no hacking or anything major.

it's better to get ID first so that they can do the inspection for us when we get key and get developer to change the defects before their fixture is up. My mum just got her unit in the west, her ID also does all that for her.

doragirl
05-08-09, 14:57
Hi, Can someone advise how do we tell which blk belongs to which stack? Anyone staying in ground level, with a patio? Thinking of installing a shelter (or whatever u call it!) in the patio so that my kids can run around without me having to worry about litter from above.

if i'm not wrong, it's against the rules of building such shelther or trellis. it was on the newspaper sometime back. depends on condo management.
it's about safety concern for people on 2nd floor. can climb up and break into easily.

Daniel Foo
05-08-09, 15:16

Bingo HK Ching ! that was what I meant. Dora maybe misread or sleeping :sleep:

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

cksonic
05-08-09, 15:23
good to see this thread active again!! counting down to getting the keys! mine is block 56 so still got some way to go sia :cheers1:

Daniel Foo
05-08-09, 15:33
That is why I said that leasehold good for very long term investment or if you flip within five years, many 99 year leaseholds loose value after 5 years.

Don't know about your friend, but TK freehold boutique projects very near MRT are very in demand.

Well anyway good luck on Casa Merah, I have lived in Tanah Mera before and it is time for me to move on closer to the city, the East Coast and something freehold. Tana Merah has its charms and is great for peaceful landed like living but I am not betting my horses on a shopping centre there.

One thing I do agree Casa Mera is a better development than Optima anytime. :)

Telok Kurau is not near MRT, not within walking distance. :D You need to take a feeder bus No.15 to Eunos MRT. About 3-4 bus stops. I use to hang out that area so I am super familiar. TK location is good provided you drive. Try walking out to main road East Coast Road or Upper Changi Rd if your condo is located amongst the middle Lorongs.

If you drive, TK is good because it is between Marine Parade, Geylang and all the good eateries. But if you dun drive, good luck, you need to take the public bus to go to nearby amenities. :spliff2:

Daniel_Yee
05-08-09, 15:35
Staff discount is before the NTUC private launch. That time, who knows market will chiong so much. Was like Feb/Mar 07 if I didn't remember wrongly. Was there during the public launch but didn't buy. The queue is for the private launch only for NTUC members. Public launch not as jia lat as Optima.

Your wife works in ntuc shud hv staff discount. Why didn't u get a unit last time? Rmbr CM launch was even more "spectacular" than optima. The queue was at least 200m long snaking around east meadows. :scared-5:

Daniel Foo
05-08-09, 15:40

Wing Tai projects are generally high end projects so the quality should be there.
Check out Wing Tai residential projects profile.

http://www.wingtaiasia.com.sg/prop-representative.php

Daniel Foo
05-08-09, 15:50
is it? then my chance are of getting first is now higher :D

You go call NTUC Choice Homes, look for a lady called Axxxxa, ask her to help expedite. Blk 50 is the first stack.

hkching
05-08-09, 16:05

What I was told is that WingTai build the whole thing, NTUC market and manage the development. So all customer queries routed to NTUC.

hkching
05-08-09, 16:07

Generally, 4 stacks to 1 blk. First block is block 50. So Stack 1,2,3,4 is block 50.
Next block is Blk 52 (stack 5,6,7,8) and so on.

You can go to www.casa-merah.com (http://www.casa-merah.com) and click on site plan to see more details.

WolleyDragon
05-08-09, 16:08
You go call NTUC Choice Homes, look for a lady called Axxxxa, ask her to help expedite. Blk 50 is the first stack.

Lady's name is crude??? gotta xxxx?? or her name is really Axxxxa??

WTF?

Daniel Foo
05-08-09, 16:25
Lady's name is crude??? gotta xxxx?? or her name is really Axxxxa??

WTF?

Fren, not nice to reveal people's name here.
Call the main line and they will direct you.
Mind your language fren:tsk-tsk:

xebay11
05-08-09, 16:26
Telok Kurau is not near MRT, not within walking distance. :D You need to take a feeder bus No.15 to Eunos MRT. About 3-4 bus stops. I use to hang out that area so I am super familiar. TK location is good provided you drive. Try walking out to main road East Coast Road or Upper Changi Rd if your condo is located amongst the middle Lorongs.

If you drive, TK is good because it is between Marine Parade, Geylang and all the good eateries. But if you dun drive, good luck, you need to take the public bus to go to nearby amenities. :spliff2:

Hi my place is at Lor G very near the Siglap connector. My family home is at Jalan Sayang just 500m so I think I know the place quite well. Yah!:)

gerberas
05-08-09, 16:27
if i'm not wrong, it's against the rules of building such shelther or trellis. it was on the newspaper sometime back. depends on condo management.
it's about safety concern for people on 2nd floor. can climb up and break into easily.

ohhdear, really? I do hope they'll allow it. i noticed that at eastpoint green, all the ground floor units which have them have the same design..

gerberas
05-08-09, 16:28
Generally, 4 stacks to 1 blk. First block is block 50. So Stack 1,2,3,4 is block 50.
Next block is Blk 52 (stack 5,6,7,8) and so on.

You can go to www.casa-merah.com (http://www.casa-merah.com) and click on site plan to see more details.

Thanks for the tip!!

doragirl
05-08-09, 16:36

think i just wait. not in a hurry also, but i think will hit into the 7th month liao..:doh:

doragirl
05-08-09, 16:38
Bingo HK Ching ! that was what I meant. Dora maybe misread or sleeping :sleep:

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

paiseh paiseh.. old already, cannot see well or register info as well :tongue3:

Daniel Foo
05-08-09, 16:38
Hi my place is at Lor G very near the Siglap connector. My family home is at Jalan Sayang just 500m so I think I know the place quite well. Yah!:)

If you take the Siglap park connector ==> and walk towards Upper Changi Rd direction ==> then to Kembagan MRT it is about 15-20 mins walk
But if you walking in the late morning or afternoon when it's hot, will perspire all over....;) Evening walk still ok.

But if you are heading from Telok Kurau to Eunos MRT if you dun drive, you need to take a feeder bus definitely.

I supposed u drive thus staying near the end of Lor G so good for you. :spliff2:

doragirl
05-08-09, 16:41
ohhdear, really? I do hope they'll allow it. i noticed that at eastpoint green, all the ground floor units which have them have the same design..

actually a lot of things not to be done also in the end did. so all in all, depends on how garang residents are and the mangement team's take. u see all the planter box not allowed to use as balcony also end up as one. actually quite dangerous because the weight it can take on the planter area has a limit.

xebay11
05-08-09, 21:39
If you take the Siglap park connector ==> and walk towards Upper Changi Rd direction ==> then to Kembagan MRT it is about 15-20 mins walk
But if you walking in the late morning or afternoon when it's hot, will perspire all over....;) Evening walk still ok.

But if you are heading from Telok Kurau to Eunos MRT if you dun drive, you need to take a feeder bus definitely.

I supposed u drive thus staying near the end of Lor G so good for you. :spliff2:

I think you a little confused, Lor G is a very long stretch and you may be confusing it from after Still road towards Eunos but my place is only about 490m from the Kembangan MRT station, walking from park connector or Jalan Wakaff and cross Lorong Mydin, nice level ground all the way, no slopes, it is just slightly more than Casa Mera to the MRT :) I drive but my wife and kids don't. On hot days even walk from CM to MRT also sweat. Anyway enjoy your Casa Mera unit, I would have bought it too except for the 99 yr lease hold status.

venus
05-08-09, 22:01
I don't know. No comments since I don't own any unit and I haven't see the actual unit yet. I already said, my comments are based on the showflats only. This is just my point of view and you may have different opinion. Casa merah finishing is quality and of course, generous with nice marble vanity and marble flooring. For Optima, seems like homogenous tiles all the way and cupboards and vanity look cheapo to me. But outside, Optima looks better. Anyway, really have to see the actual unit. Now talk so much also no use. The developer draw Esta so nice but actual view is so cannot make it. I remember blue windows and glossy white in the pamphlet but now, just plain windows and yellowish walls.

Anyway, Wing tai was the developer. NTUC only pump in money. They know nuts about building condos.

Did u say optima's finishing looks cheapo to u? pls go read this review

http://www.h88.com.sg/article/Condo+Review%3A+Optima+%40+Tanah+Merah/

Take note of what they say about the quality of the finishing.

If this is cheapo to u then i think u must really hv an exquisite taste.

cksonic
06-08-09, 00:27
does anybody know what is the monthly maintenance fee already? i understand we need to pay upfront 6 months of maintenance fee at point of key collection, is that right?

Daniel Foo
06-08-09, 00:33
I think you a little confused, Lor G is a very long stretch and you may be confusing it from after Still road towards Eunos but my place is only about 490m from the Kembangan MRT station, walking from park connector or Jalan Wakaff and cross Lorong Mydin, nice level ground all the way, no slopes, it is just slightly more than Casa Mera to the MRT :) I drive but my wife and kids don't. On hot days even walk from CM to MRT also sweat. Anyway enjoy your Casa Mera unit, I would have bought it too except for the 99 yr lease hold status.

I know where it is lah, it is near the Malay mosque if you drive in from Upper Changi Road. Lor G Telok Kurau is one of the better Lorong to stay in, as it is nearer to the Upper Changi Rd, more accessible. The famous Hokkien mee is just across the road. From ur place to Kembangan MRT is walkable.

You staying at Medley izzit, the one with the orange color layout. The plot of land is decent but the design of the units there look abit like office or secondary school design.:D
Even my friend who is staying at Palm Residences near your place think say so too. Anyways, congratulations on your new place.
What is your build in area for Medley and how much psf you paid for your unit? Which developer is it?
Other than a pool what other facilities does this project have?

thomastansb
06-08-09, 02:27
Ai yo, why are you even defending yourself? Different people, different opinion. Period. But seriously, it doesn't look cheapo to me. But at that price, it is not something that I expect. Look really ordinary to me as compared to condos selling at 700psf. Should look at silversea. That is class even though it is far east. Silversea is expensive because of east coast and finishing but Optima is 'not so worth it' because of its poorer location as compared with SS and the finishing is so so but the price is on the very high side. For that price, I would expect silversea finishing and not so common design. If want to sell at not so normal price, then should give not so normal design and finishing. I have to agree that CM looks much better than optima comparing showroom to showroom. Of course, the most important thing to me is peace and that is something optima lose out as well.

xebay11
06-08-09, 06:25
I know where it is lah, it is near the Malay mosque if you drive in from Upper Changi Road. Lor G Telok Kurau is one of the better Lorong to stay in, as it is nearer to the Upper Changi Rd, more accessible. The famous Hokkien mee is just across the road. From ur place to Kembangan MRT is walkable.

You staying at Medley izzit, the one with the orange color layout. The plot of land is decent but the design of the units there look abit like office or secondary school design.:D

Even my friend who is staying at Palm Residences near your place think say so too. Anyways, congratulations on your new place.
What is your build in area for Medley and how much psf you paid for your unit? Which developer is it?
Other than a pool what other facilities does this project have?

I did view units at Palm Galleria too and guess what? I did not buy but chose Medley instead so I would not comment on PG. BTW internal layout is more important than facade, you can practically name me any well located apt/condo at TK and I can tell you that I probably would have already viewed it.

The Medley has pool and gym, Speaking about facilities Ha Ha I am now living in a condo at Tanah with full facilities, when first moved in 2004 almost every day use the pool, now five years already, I havent been to the pool for months, I have NEVER used the Tennis Court or Sauna, I stopped going to the hot pool for years, had BBQ only once, I have my parents landed home for that, bigger and less restrictions, I only still use the gym very regularly.......so I really think that the novelty of having facilities will wear out after a while. My new unit at Medley is 1389 sq ft. The only other units I would have considered would be the Seaview but the price so much higher and no MRT access.

For price details of my unit at Medley, if you interested PM me. :)

teddybear
06-08-09, 09:17
Quality of fittings is mid-range only (but then what to expect for such price?).

venus
06-08-09, 09:48
Ai yo, why are you even defending yourself? Different people, different opinion. Period. But seriously, it doesn't look cheapo to me. But at that price, it is not something that I expect. Look really ordinary to me as compared to condos selling at 700psf. Should look at silversea. That is class even though it is far east. Silversea is expensive because of east coast and finishing but Optima is 'not so worth it' because of its poorer location as compared with SS and the finishing is so so but the price is on the very high side. For that price, I would expect silversea finishing and not so common design. If want to sell at not so normal price, then should give not so normal design and finishing. I have to agree that CM looks much better than optima comparing showroom to showroom. Of course, the most important thing to me is peace and that is something optima lose out as well.

How can compare showroom to showroom? They look nice only bcos of all the ID and furnishings. What u see is not exactly what u get.

Im not trying to say optima finishing is super high end. just some standard condo stuff, what do u expect from mass mkt condo? gold plated taps?. Even if the design doesnt appeal to one also dun hv to say until "cheapo" right? How would u feel if u were to spend a lot of money do up your CM nicely and some smart aleck tells u your hse looks "cheapo"? Someone said beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. I totally agree, diff designs appeal to diff ppl. Just bcos there is no other optima owners here that's why he dare to say cheapo. If it was WFW thread i bet he wouldnt hv dare to tell them their finishing looks cheapo. :tongue3:

Anyway let's stop comparing CM and optima and be good neighbours. TM is such a nice neighbourhood dun turn it to everitt rd ok?;) Actually CM should thank optima for blocking the mrt noise leh :D

thomastansb
06-08-09, 10:51
I got say cheapo meh? Anyway, it is not even close to high end. Mid end normal condo to me.

And nope. Don't expect golden tap. I am expecting 1k psf finishing. I stay at Sail, not CM. Even though I spent 1M on my studio, I still maintain that the sail finishing sucks. Nothing to hide.

If I do up my house nicely and spent a lot and someone come and comment that it is cheapo, I will accept that. I mean, not a lot of people can stay at the sail so it's ok one. You are just saying that I see someone staying in the slum but still need to have high EQ and say the slum look nice. To me, nice is nice, not nice is not nice. I still maintain that the 700 psf CM looks much nicer than 1k psf optima. Please see this - showroom vs showroom. I didn't say showroom has to be the same as actual unit.

Worst still, optima is sitting on a land cheaper than CM so you can imagine how much profit TID make from this deal. Not forgetting the noise. I just can't accept that it is selling at 900-1100 psf at such a location. Just weighing if it is a good deal so I compare location and finishing. Location is so so with MRT but finishing is not something I expect from 1k psf. I rather get somewhere central or east cost since same psf.

How can compare showroom to showroom? They look nice only bcos of all the ID and furnishings. What u see is not exactly what u get.

Im not trying to say optima finishing is super high end. just some standard condo stuff, what do u expect from mass mkt condo? gold plated taps?. Even if the design doesnt appeal to one also dun hv to say until "cheapo" right? How would u feel if u were to spend a lot of money do up your CM nicely and some smart aleck tells u your hse looks "cheapo"? Someone said beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. I totally agree, diff designs appeal to diff ppl. Just bcos there is no other optima owners here that's why he dare to say cheapo. If it was WFW thread i bet he wouldnt hv dare to tell them their finishing looks cheapo. :tongue3:

Anyway let's stop comparing CM and optima and be good neighbours. TM is such a nice neighbourhood dun turn it to everitt rd ok?;) Actually CM should thank optima for blocking the mrt noise leh :D

venus
06-08-09, 11:03
Aiyoh u nvr read carefully. u didn't say cheapo, I know u said doesnt look cheapo to u. Was refering to another person... the one who said cheapo so I just ask him to chk out the review that's all lah. not trying to pick a fight with him.

Yes I'm dumb paid so much for a cheap project on a cheap land with cheapo finishing.

I got say cheapo meh? Anyway, it is not even close to high end. Mid end normal condo to me.

And nope. Don't expect golden tap. I am expecting 1k psf finishing. I stay at Sail, not CM. Even though I spent 1M on my studio, I still maintain that the sail finishing sucks. Nothing to hide.

If I do up my house nicely and spent a lot and someone come and comment that it is cheapo, I will accept that. I mean, not a lot of people can stay at the sail so it's ok one. You are just saying that I see someone staying in the slum but still need to have high EQ and say the slum look nice. To me, nice is nice, not nice is not nice. I still maintain that the 700 psf CM looks much nicer than 1k psf optima. Please see this - showroom vs showroom. I didn't say showroom has to be the same as actual unit.

Worst still, optima is sitting on a land cheaper than CM so you can imagine how much profit TID make from this deal. Not forgetting the noise. I just can't accept that it is selling at 900-1100 psf at such a location. Just weighing if it is a good deal so I compare location and finishing. Location is so so with MRT but finishing is not something I expect from 1k psf. I rather get somewhere central or east cost since same psf.

Daniel_Yee
06-08-09, 11:13
Managed to go up to CM with some help from my wife. I can confirm that the finishing is classier than Optima. Anytime. Marble finishing all the way unlike Optima. I say that Optima looks cheapo because its price tag. For that price and you give me homogeneous tiles, it is damn cheapo. Master room is not bad but the rest are soooooooooo normal.

Anyway, it is up to people to decide and judge. Not everybody will agree with me. Whether optima or cm sucks, i don't care because i don't stay there. I just want to say that optima is sold at a crazy price. 1000psf can buy better condo anytime. If optima is sold at 700psf, then i would say it is nice and class. but at 1000psf, no way man. 1000psf get 700psf quality :banghead::banghead:.

thomastansb
06-08-09, 11:15
Didn't know you are an optima buyer. haha. I still maintain that it is not cheapo but at 1k psf, TID ought to give something better. Fair pricing I would say.

Aiyoh u nvr read carefully. u didn't say cheapo, I know u said doesnt look cheapo to u. Was refering to another person... the one who said cheapo so I just ask him to chk out the review that's all lah. not trying to pick a fight with him.

Yes I'm dumb paid so much for a cheap project on a cheap land with cheapo finishing.

thomastansb
06-08-09, 11:18
Wow.. I like the black top. My studio got a white sucky and thin one. The cupboard is the walk in one is it? I have some ideas for my studio liao. Hahahah.

Managed to go up to CM with some help from my wife. I can confirm that the finishing is classier than Optima. Anytime. Marble finishing all the way unlike Optima. I say that Optima looks cheapo because its price tag. For that price and you give me homogeneous tiles, it is damn cheapo. Master room is not bad but the rest are soooooooooo normal.

Anyway, it is up to people to decide and judge. Not everybody will agree with me. Whether optima or cm sucks, i don't care because i don't stay there. I just want to say that optima is sold at a crazy price. 1000psf can buy better condo anytime. If optima is sold at 700psf, then i would say it is nice and class. but at 1000psf, no way man. 1000psf get 700psf quality :banghead::banghead:.

doragirl
06-08-09, 11:22
I did view units at Palm Galleria too and guess what? I did not buy but chose Medley instead so I would not comment on PG. BTW internal layout is more important than facade, you can practically name me any well located apt/condo at TK and I can tell you that I probably would have already viewed it.

The Medley has pool and gym, Speaking about facilities Ha Ha I am now living in a condo at Tanah with full facilities, when first moved in 2004 almost every day use the pool, now five years already, I havent been to the pool for months, I have NEVER used the Tennis Court or Sauna, I stopped going to the hot pool for years, had BBQ only once, I have my parents landed home for that, bigger and less restrictions, I only still use the gym very regularly.......so I really think that the novelty of having facilities will wear out after a while. My new unit at Medley is 1389 sq ft. The only other units I would have considered would be the Seaview but the price so much higher and no MRT access.

For price details of my unit at Medley, if you interested PM me. :)

so true. I used my current place bbq pit once, swim less than once a month unless my kids bugged me to go. function room booked only twice, gym hardly go, the most i use is sauna, maybe twice a month. for me the novelty wears off after 3 mths. but i do enjoy the pool view because of the breeze that comes with it.

doragirl
06-08-09, 11:25

Just like the radio advertisement on TV - ONLY HEAR THE GOOD THINGS.
So i suggest you should post the good comments you hear about your project in your optima thread and not give us wrong impressions about where you are coming from.

doragirl
06-08-09, 11:31
Thanks for the pictures Daniel Yee!

doragirl
06-08-09, 11:36
I've a silly question to ask. Since it has TOP, will they stop me from going in? If i tell them I'm owner u think it can pass off? :confused:

and oh oh, walk-in wardrobe not enough to hang all my dresses ..:doh: ask my hubby put his in the kids' room. :D

qianfugui
06-08-09, 11:41

I don't own CM or Optima. Honestly I will never get to be "ballotted" just to buy a house. The buyers all are caught by the agents and developer mkting frenzy. Buy higher than your immediate neighbours and have to wait 2 more years.

Buy a subsale CM is better than Optima -
since you are likely to get cheaper (can bargain somemore) than Optima price 1000psf (profit already lock-in by first buyer).
- Almost TOP , quality and finishing already proven better than Optima
- Next to MRT also, the best is all noise is now shielded by future Optima (A Very Big Selling point)

If you are potential buyer for own stay now, would you choose CM or Optima

- For investment rental yields or own stay CM Wins !!!