PDA

View Full Version : Telok Kurau Neighbour

jaded
15-07-09, 11:13
Hi ,
as sugguested ,

pls all the telok kurau neighbours , gather here . . . .

I am waiting for my keys collection , i stay in Lor K telok kurau. .:)

Cheers!!

JZ2K
15-07-09, 11:17
Hi Jaded,

Good to see a fellow TK Neighbour :)

I will be staying at Lorong H when the project (The Verte) is ready next year

Have you engaged any ID? any recommendation?

WolleyDragon
15-07-09, 11:43
so how much you guys paid for your units?

JZ2K
15-07-09, 11:51
i paid over 1M+++ for a 4 bedders :)

Wolley do you happen to stay in the area?

jaded
15-07-09, 13:00
dear jz2k ,

still haven engaged any Id yet , buy i got a frd who is in this line , he will help mi out in the ID .

Mine i brought close to 1 mil too , for a 3bedder.

JZ2K
15-07-09, 15:29
Jaded,

has your project TOP?

show us some pics of your project please :)

jaded
16-07-09, 16:03
hi ,

didnt managed to take photos even though the project is fully developed .

But i heard from the developer that the TOP will be given on End july.

JZ2K
16-07-09, 19:42
Congrats man!

Mine still 1 year away ...

Jazzer
20-07-09, 13:38
Congrats man!

Mine still 1 year away ...

Hi hi, i am also into TK, Lorong L.. bought mine also close to a million for a 3 bedders.. project also closed to TOP.

What is the name of your project Jaded?

cheers to all neighbours in TK

Jazzer
20-07-09, 13:51
Hi ,
as sugguested ,

pls all the telok kurau neighbours , gather here . . . .

I am waiting for my keys collection , i stay in Lor K telok kurau. .:)

Cheers!!

Hi Jaded,

Is your project the Espira Residence by the way? I noticed it is the only fully developed project recently in Lorong K.

I will live close by as well when mine TOP hopefully before end of the year......

JZ2K
20-07-09, 15:24
Hi Jazzer,

May I know what is the name of your project? :)

Jazzer
20-07-09, 15:32
Hi Jazzer,

May I know what is the name of your project? :)

Hi,

Mine is Blu Coral....

Blue
22-07-09, 16:50
Dear TK owners,

My place (not TOP yet) is just opposite across Still Road from TK, nearer to Katong side. Can I say hi too? :p

Jazzer
22-07-09, 17:36
Dear TK owners,

My place (not TOP yet) is just opposite across Still Road from TK, nearer to Katong side. Can I say hi too? :p

Welcome Blue to the TK family :)

jaded
24-07-09, 17:32
Hi , my project is Costa Este .

Hi to all my future neighbours.

Cheers.

Jaded

xebay11
03-08-09, 19:33
Hi Me newbie and hope to move into the Medley in three months :)

zimmer
04-08-09, 13:07
What's the usual arrangement for condo management of maintenence after developer hands-over post 1st year? Just asking cos TK has many small projects. There was a recent article in NST bout rules and regulations of condo living.

zimmer
18-08-09, 09:28
Anyone can help out with the above query?

kellogs
18-08-09, 09:42
I guess the resident will form the committe and decide on the monthly maintenance fee and other estated related matters ...

is there any specific question you would like to know?

zimmer
20-08-09, 09:12
No specifics, just wanted to know what are other forumers experience when most of the smaller projects are abt 20-odd units or so. Thx

ricknsyl
30-08-09, 22:09
Good to see a thread on this area. My wife & I are waiting to collect keys as there was a snag with an old caveat. We bought a 3-bedder in Lorong L at The Espira. ID selected is Rezt & Relax...

Cheers!

zimmer
02-09-09, 11:37
Hi was driving around this area, looking to move in. The cars were bumper to bumper on a sun afternoon turning to joo chiat road from changi road. Is this the regular traffic situation?
Also still rd seems pretty busy.

Jazzer
02-09-09, 16:21
Good to see a thread on this area. My wife & I are waiting to collect keys as there was a snag with an old caveat. We bought a 3-bedder in Lorong L at The Espira. ID selected is Rezt & Relax...

Cheers!

Hi ricknsyl, I thot Espira TOPed long ago, you still waiting for keys?? i will be living opposite you soon :)

ricknsyl
02-09-09, 19:26
Hi ricknsyl, I thot Espira TOPed long ago, you still waiting for keys?? i will be living opposite you soon :)

Hi Jazzer.

Project TOPed in April. We bought the unit from developer in June. Problem was an outstanding caveat from 2007. Now waiting for the courts to
expunge it.

Just came back from unit after spending a whole day doing defect listing and site measurements. Guess I'll get the keys in about 2 weeks or so.

Cheers!

kellogs
02-09-09, 20:05
very nice! I am still waiting for mine to be built and it is still a long long time i think ...

ckt77
02-09-09, 22:29
Hi,

I am thinking of buying a unit at the Montage at Lor M for investment.

1. Is this condo convenient in term of access to nearest bus stop, MRT or East Coast beach ?

2. How much is the psf for this property ?

3. How much can a 3+1 penthouse be rented out ?

4. How is the Montage compare with the nearby condo along Lor M or N ?

Thank you in advance for your valuable comments.

ricknsyl
03-09-09, 00:00
very nice! I am still waiting for mine to be built and it is still a long long time i think ...

Hi kellogs. Which project did you buy?

kellogs
03-09-09, 01:24
Hi kellogs. Which project did you buy?

I bought The Verte over at lorong H :D

donchew76
15-09-09, 22:14

Cheers!

Rick,

Congrats. My wife & I will be moving to Blu Coral soon once ready to collect keys...We should be neighbours soon...:)

donchew76
15-09-09, 22:16
I bought The Verte over at lorong H :D

Nice place, next to Telok Kurau Park

Jazzer
16-09-09, 13:32
Rick,

Congrats. My wife & I will be moving to Blu Coral soon once ready to collect keys...We should be neighbours soon...:)

hi Donchew76,

I finally found a neighbour at Blu Coral :) Me bought Blu Coral too...

Called the developer and they said will TOP within Sep... have you gone down to the site to take a look??

donchew76
16-09-09, 16:28
hi Donchew76,

I finally found a neighbour at Blu Coral :) Me bought Blu Coral too...

Called the developer and they said will TOP within Sep... have you gone down to the site to take a look??

Hi Jazzer,

Great to hear from you :) My wife-to-be and I have also found another new neighbour...Guess we can all meet up very very soon...:rolleyes:

We are getting married on 11 Oct and can't wait to move in soon man...Just called world class land and they said earliest end sep TOP...We just popped by the site last Sat evening.

Basically all are done up...only thing that needs to be done is replacement of the water in the swimming pool...But the external pillar should be red and not light brown as per the showflat model...Think the architect changes the colour while building....

We may go down again this Sat...Why not PM me ur hp and we can keep in touch...:)

Jazzer
16-09-09, 17:06
Hi Jazzer,

Great to hear from you :) My wife-to-be and I have also found another new neighbour...Guess we can all meet up very very soon...:rolleyes:

We are getting married on 11 Oct and can't wait to move in soon man...Just called world class land and they said earliest end sep TOP...We just popped by the site last Sat evening.

Basically all are done up...only thing that needs to be done is replacement of the water in the swimming pool...But the external pillar should be red and not light brown as per the showflat model...Think the architect changes the colour while building....

We may go down again this Sat...Why not PM me ur hp and we can keep in touch...:)

Hi Donchew76,

Have PMed you my HP. Have attached 2 photos i took recently for your view :)

donchew76
16-09-09, 20:52
Hi Donchew76,

Have PMed you my HP. Have attached 2 photos i took recently for your view :)

Hi Jazzer,

Thanks for the photos. The wooden pallets and building materials have generally been removed so now really neat and tidy there already.

Hopefully, more future/existing TK neighbours can come in and make this thread alive again...

It's nice we all can meetup and cycle together at Park Connector all the way to ECP....:cheers5:

zimmer
16-09-09, 21:24
What a nice,friendly environment even before moving in. But that's one of the good points of boutique developments. Any spring@langsat neighbours out there?

Jazzer
17-09-09, 11:37
Hi Jazzer,

Thanks for the photos. The wooden pallets and building materials have generally been removed so now really neat and tidy there already.

Hopefully, more future/existing TK neighbours can come in and make this thread alive again...

It's nice we all can meetup and cycle together at Park Connector all the way to ECP....:cheers5:

Hi donchew76 and Zimmer,

May be some day a TK neighbours committee should be set-up to foster closer relationship between all TK residents? I like TK for its rustic charm and i think TK residents should work hard to retain this character.

I note evertime i drove there and if i give way to the car with the right of way, the drivers generally wave a gesture of thanks. Sad to say, but i can't see this any where else.

donchew76
17-09-09, 12:06
Hi donchew76 and Zimmer,

May be some day a TK neighbours committee should be set-up to foster closer relationship between all TK residents? I like TK for its rustic charm and i think TK residents should work hard to retain this character.

I note evertime i drove there and if i give way to the car with the right of way, the drivers generally wave a gesture of thanks. Sad to say, but i can't see this any where else.

Fully agreed with Jazzer. TK, like most parts of D15 is just so different from what we see in other parts of Sg. With more TK residents moving in next year and 2011, we should help one another to settle down well and make TK the choice residential location in the near future. :)

1st stop perhaps is to write to Nparks to beautify the park connector further...:p

xebay11
17-09-09, 12:10
Fully agreed with Jazzer. TK, like most parts of D15 is just so different from what we see in other parts of Sg. With more TK residents moving in next year and 2011, we should help one another to settle down well and make TK the choice residential location in the near future. :)

1st stop perhaps is to write to Nparks to beautify the park connector further...:p

The park connector already gone through make over recently, I think it is good.

Yeah the park connector is what makes living in TK different it is like a mini East Coast Park and connects to actual ECP, it sure is more crowded now then in 1993 when I lived around there and now returning.

kellogs
17-09-09, 13:14
I noticed TK main issues will be parking for visitors ... where is the next best place to park a car if you are staying at Lorong G/H?

xebay11
17-09-09, 13:19
I noticed TK main issues will be parking for visitors ... where is the next best place to park a car if you are staying at Lorong G/H?

Let them into your development if parking is not full.

donchew76
17-09-09, 20:11

Actually there is quite a number of empty parallel parking lots on the Lorongs especially closer to the Park Connector/Telok Kurau Park. Even on weekends, from my observation.

The beauty of TK is that even though a Lorong does not have sufficient parking, the visitor can still park at another lorong and cut across the connector.

So need not worry...:)

xebay11
17-09-09, 20:14
Actually there is quite a number of empty parallel parking lots on the Lorongs especially closer to the Park Connector/Telok Kurau Park. Even on weekends, from my observation.

The beauty of TK is that even though a Lorong does not have sufficient parking, the visitor can still park at another lorong and cut across the connector.

That is if you stay near the park connector like Verte, Treeline, The Ambra and maybe The Medley.

donchew76
17-09-09, 21:16
That is if you stay near the park connector like Verte, Treeline, The Ambra and maybe The Medley.

Yup, Kellogs staying at Verte.

Blu Coral/The Espira also pretty near

ricknsyl
20-09-09, 16:57
Rick,

Hi Don.

Thanks. Just called developer on Friday. The High Court has expunged the caveat on Thursday, unfortunately, it'll take another week or two for it to be physically expunged. Sigh. Anyway will call up my lawyers to inform them and see if we can expedite the process.

As per the other comments on TK. My wife and I chose TK because of the proximity to amenities.

Perhaps we can have a BBQ someday.

donchew76
20-09-09, 23:16
Hi Don.

Thanks. Just called developer on Friday. The High Court has expunged the caveat on Thursday, unfortunately, it'll take another week or two for it to be physically expunged. Sigh. Anyway will call up my lawyers to inform them and see if we can expedite the process.

As per the other comments on TK. My wife and I chose TK because of the proximity to amenities.

Perhaps we can have a BBQ someday.

Hi Rick,

Hope that the paperwork can be completed soon. Can understand both your anxiety.

Im sure before X'mas we will all be well settled at our new homes and enjoying BBQ together. :hungry:

Please feel free to PM me your mobile so that we can get in touch once my wife and I move over. I am still a green horn when it comes to living in the East :o

kellogs
21-09-09, 08:54

Hi Donchew76,

That is true but with the number of projects in the same lorong, parking will become an issue ...

If there is a public car park near kembangan MRT station would be useful to solve this problem ...

I went to look at the verte last weekend and seems like nothing is being worked on yet! Guess it will be a long long wait for me before i could move in.

donchew76
21-09-09, 12:16
Hi Donchew76,

That is true but with the number of projects in the same lorong, parking will become an issue ...

If there is a public car park near kembangan MRT station would be useful to solve this problem ...

I went to look at the verte last weekend and seems like nothing is being worked on yet! Guess it will be a long long wait for me before i could move in.

We were quite surprised not much work had been done on both verte and the ambrosia. Still remember way back in March 2008, these 2 developments and Blu Coral had their showflats.

Will help u keep a lookout on the progress once we move over to Blu Coral before end of the year.

Jazzer
21-09-09, 17:36
We were quite surprised not much work had been done on both verte and the ambrosia. Still remember way back in March 2008, these 2 developments and Blu Coral had their showflats.

Will help u keep a lookout on the progress once we move over to Blu Coral before end of the year.

Yeah, i remember as well as i visited all 3 showflats. I note Verte and Ambrosia listed their TOPs' date in late 2011 or 2012 whereas Blu Coral listed its TOP date as early 2011.Perhaps there is a hint there of the completion date?

kellogs
21-09-09, 22:23
Jazzer,

How was those 3 showflats? I bought the verte without seeing the showflat as it has been demolished ... it was a pure chance for me to buy it ...

I was on my way to my in law place and saw this project the lucent on the road ... so decided to check out the showflat but was told it has been sold out and only left with few units at the verte ...

Jazzer
22-09-09, 09:56
Jazzer,

How was those 3 showflats? I bought the verte without seeing the showflat as it has been demolished ... it was a pure chance for me to buy it ...

I was on my way to my in law place and saw this project the lucent on the road ... so decided to check out the showflat but was told it has been sold out and only left with few units at the verte ...

The showflat’s model was that of the first floor unit with a swimming pool in the backyard so it was very spacious. From memory, I felt the furnishing was also good. The location of Verte is of course good to J

I visited lucent as well when it was launched. If you like what you see at lucent (which was also the showflat of Amborsia), then Verte will not disappoint you J

blackswan
22-09-09, 14:20
Went there to take a look (Verte), except for the power station (beside the TownHouse), nothing else was up. Though saw a hugh piling machine there.

Funny thing is that for both sign board at the entrance of Verte and Ambrosier, the date of completetion is for May 2010!!!

Autonomy
22-09-09, 15:48
Went there to take a look (Verte), except for the power station (beside the TownHouse), nothing else was up. Though saw a hugh piling machine there.

Funny thing is that for both sign board at the entrance of Verte and Ambrosier, the date of completetion is for May 2010!!!

Actually all 4 projects that I know, The Verte, The Ambrosia, The Ambra and The Azzuro all expected TOP is May 2010. Don't think they can make it on time. The one that looks most likely to complete is The Ambra.

rambo6
22-09-09, 23:44
I bought a unit in Lucent, just opp Ambrosia.
I was told TOP in late 2010.
Saw the piling machines at the Ambrosia site.
Don't be suprised by the speed of building construction in Singapore.
Its only a 5 storey building, i think they can make it by mid 2010.

mcmlxxvi
23-09-09, 08:58
Agree. Novelty's Iridium, last year this time still no action... when it supposed to TOP June 2008. Now it's all done! BooooM! I block of tall flat slim nice looking condo.

Jazzer
23-09-09, 17:29

Hi Don,

I called the developer again today and you will be happy to note the Developer expects BLU Coral to TOP either next week or early Oct.

Don't know why BCA is dragging its' feet. :tsk-tsk:

donchew76
24-09-09, 12:00
Hi Don,

I called the developer again today and you will be happy to note the Developer expects BLU Coral to TOP either next week or early Oct.

Don't know why BCA is dragging its' feet. :tsk-tsk:

Thanks Shawn for the update. :)

Can't wait for it to TOP soon and move in our bed and TV which we have bought. We spoke to a young lady at the developer office last week but she seemed unsure of the likely date of TOP. Mentioned that earliest TOP date is end sept, if not 4th qtr of this year.

Just checking did u speak to a more senior staff?

Jazzer
24-09-09, 12:22
Thanks Shawn for the update. :)

Can't wait for it to TOP soon and move in our bed and TV which we have bought. We spoke to a young lady at the developer office last week but she seemed unsure of the likely date of TOP. Mentioned that earliest TOP date is end sept, if not 4th qtr of this year.

Just checking did u speak to a more senior staff?

I spoke to a lady as well. I pressed her when the company can expects TOP since application was made sometime ago, she replied it should be within a week or two (which is next week or early Oct).

I can't wait as well... Been waiting for so many months!!!

I surfed around the net and realise quite a no of owners putting up Blu Coral for sale. Didn't know so many investors around for neighbours :)

kellogs
24-09-09, 14:29
blu coral is a condo status or apartment?

I saw the sign on property guru and it says blu coral - condominium

donchew76
24-09-09, 14:54
blu coral is a condo status or apartment?

I saw the sign on property guru and it says blu coral - condominium

It is a condominium.

Ya man, tend to see many adverts on the sales of BC units and most of them stated top as 2011 :doh: .....

Jazzer
24-09-09, 15:21
It is a condominium.

Ya man, tend to see many adverts on the sales of BC units and most of them stated top as 2011 :doh: .....

Take a look at this adver on BC -

http://www.propertyhub.com.sg/component/option,com_hotproperty/Itemid,2/id,131356/task,view/

The agent managed to sneak into an unit to take photos of the room and kitchen. Wonder how he did it?

donchew76
24-09-09, 16:52
Take a look at this adver on BC -

http://www.propertyhub.com.sg/component/option,com_hotproperty/Itemid,2/id,131356/task,view/

The agent managed to sneak into an unit to take photos of the room and kitchen. Wonder how he did it?

Ya man, but I won't want any agent to step in our unit before we go in....Sighz, was told can only go in see upon TOP....

donchew76
24-09-09, 17:19
Ya man, but I won't want any agent to step in our unit before we go in....Sighz, was told can only go in see upon TOP....

Just discovered another ad with more pictures....:eek:

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/579676/for-sale-blu-coral-condo

Jazzer
24-09-09, 17:26

Alamak, why these agents (non-owners) can go in and we (owners) cannot!!! What is the rationale for this?? :doh:

ricknsyl
26-09-09, 03:40
Agents invariably have their ways and means. With the guy advertising on propertyguru, he's from L2, the company that almost always (if not always) that markets world class land projects.

An agent can through existing relationships 'walk-in'. On a separate note, the guys on the site generally aren't gonna stop you if you do the same. I've walked into several Telok Kurau projects for recce before deciding on suitability to our needs.

Just be discrete about it.

evie_122
28-09-09, 07:42
Hi fellow Telok Kurau-ers,

I'm currently living on Lor K (opposite-ish Blu Coral actually!). The place is rented but I'm looking to buy a 2 bedder around the area as well.

I've seen a place at Residence 66 on Telok Kurau Rd which is great (great views of 2 different pools!) but with such a small kitchen, which is not good for a cooking person like me. I also like a unit I saw at the Tree line but that is a little out of budget.

Any recommendations of good developments in the area? I also welcome any thoughts on whether it would be a good time to buy now or sometime early next year.

Thanks!

mcmlxxvi
28-09-09, 09:55

OMG the studio units are so near directly facing each other. It's ridiculous. :doh:

donchew76
28-09-09, 16:23

I'm currently living on Lor K (opposite-ish Blu Coral actually!). The place is rented but I'm looking to buy a 2 bedder around the area as well.

I've seen a place at Residence 66 on Telok Kurau Rd which is great (great views of 2 different pools!) but with such a small kitchen, which is not good for a cooking person like me. I also like a unit I saw at the Tree line but that is a little out of budget.

Any recommendations of good developments in the area? I also welcome any thoughts on whether it would be a good time to buy now or sometime early next year.

Thanks!

Hi Evie,

Are u staying at Golden Palm currently? There are a few 2 bedders on sale at Blu Coral currently. U may like to check them out.

Its kitchen comes with the induction-type oven, so may not serve your cooking needs well.

Jazzer
28-09-09, 17:08
Hi Evie,

Are u staying at Golden Palm currently? There are a few 2 bedders on sale at Blu Coral currently. U may like to check them out.

Its kitchen comes with the induction-type oven, so may not serve your cooking needs well.

I like the induction style cooker. Very sleek. Just use pan instead of wok. Can still cook well :)

ricknsyl
28-09-09, 17:19
I like the induction style cooker. Very sleek. Just use pan instead of wok. Can still cook well :)

Being a World Class Land project, you're getting ceramic and not induction. I'm changing my hob to induction once I move in.

donchew76
28-09-09, 18:46
Being a World Class Land project, you're getting ceramic and not induction. I'm changing my hob to induction once I move in.

Hi rick,

Not sure about the Espira. But Blu Coral is induction from Tekka as per showroom and the actual photos of the completed units. As mentioned also by Jazzie.

Autonomy
28-09-09, 21:48

Thanks!

Since you like The Treeline, why don't you look at The Azzuro which is right behind Treeline. The units are smaller and thus quantum lower. Saw a two bedder for sale but project will only top next year.

Jazzer
28-09-09, 21:54
Hi rick,

Not sure about the Espira. But Blu Coral is induction from Tekka as per showroom and the actual photos of the completed units. As mentioned also by Jazzie.

Yeah, i still have the brochure. And the completed unit photos seem to confirm the brochure. Unless my eyesight has worsen :scared-5:

evie_122
29-09-09, 19:01
Hi guys, thanks for the recommendations. I'll definitely look it up!

I actually fell in love with Landbay in Bedok, but that I think is a little out of the way for a car-less person like me!

ricknsyl
29-09-09, 22:49
Hi rick,

Hi Don.

The hob pictured in propertyguru is the same as my unit, which also looks like http://www.teka.com/html/cat/prod.php?producto=PR-0000079&categoria=CA-0000003&idioma=en&backto=Hobs&nameProd=VT%20CM&nameCat=Hobs I'll check on it again, if it's induction then I'll save a bundle and won't need to change.

Cheers!