PDA

View Full Version : Selling a condo

terence
08-08-09, 17:34
Need some advise on the above.
Is it necessary to appoint an agent to sell my condo? Actually i'm thinking of selling it on my own. My condo has not TOP yet.

AAA
08-08-09, 18:37
Is it necessary to appoint an agent to sell my condo? Actually i'm thinking of selling it on my own. My condo has not TOP yet.

Not necessary if only you know how to do it.

hans
08-08-09, 23:44
Like what AAA said unless you know how to do it. If an agent brings a buyer, you still need to pay the agent.

Douk
09-08-09, 05:33

the process to sell a condo is straightforward, everything is through lawyer, so agent is not necessary. you need a blank letter of option (2 copies) on hand to start selling the house. get it sign (for joint purchase, both names and signatures need to be on the LO, same for owner side)

The problem is, buyer may not be comfortable searching for banker and lawyer, etc. but you can get a agent friend to help on this.. they get a small fee for from the bank they recommended.

terence
09-08-09, 08:21
What other fees will selling a condo attract?

focus
09-08-09, 12:10
the process to sell a condo is straightforward, everything is through lawyer, so agent is not necessary. you need a blank letter of option (2 copies) on hand to start selling the house. get it sign (for joint purchase, both names and signatures need to be on the LO, same for owner side)

The problem is, buyer may not be comfortable searching for banker and lawyer, etc. but you can get a agent friend to help on this.. they get a small fee for from the bank they recommended.
Ya.. it's as easy as ABC..

I do mine thru my lawyer..and the buyer thru his lawyer..
and basically.. the communication was done between the lawyers. The only time I need to do anything was to sign the documents and bank in cheque.

Lawyer's fee for me was around $3k.. but dunno expensive or not. dont matter to me much coz I've been using her for the past 10yrs.

hans
09-08-09, 12:36
This is a subsale case, have not TOP. Is it the same process as the resale case?

Ya.. it's as easy as ABC..

I do mine thru my lawyer..and the buyer thru his lawyer..
and basically.. the communication was done between the lawyers. The only time I need to do anything was to sign the documents and bank in cheque.

Lawyer's fee for me was around $3k.. but dunno expensive or not. dont matter to me much coz I've been using her for the past 10yrs.

Property_Owner
09-08-09, 15:47

You talk like drinking water. Process of course easy lah. Paperwork only mah.

Main issue is how fast you want to sell your unit and wat price! If I ever own a RG and try selling it myself and faces those few poor and famous dudes from here, I will sure report in early.

Douk
09-08-09, 23:38
Yah, Agent fee is so negligible.... is this the right way to brag?:D

I am just telling him the process. of course he has to take into other considerations. and agent does not necessary get you a good price. of course you can brag about your team of agents. i have no problem with that.

You talk like drinking water. Process of course easy lah. Paperwork only mah.

Main issue is how fast you want to sell your unit and wat price! If I ever own a RG and try selling it myself and faces those few poor and famous dudes from here, I will sure report in early.