PDA

View Full Version : Summerdale and other ECs

lp
21-08-09, 10:21
HI,
Wonder if anyone has experience with Summerdale? The layout seems pretty attaractive to me but i've heard that the quality is an issue ie leakage. it is only 8 yrs old and leaking already. any potential for this EC?
thanks.

tericia
22-08-09, 00:41
HI,
Wonder if anyone has experience with Summerdale? The layout seems pretty attaractive to me but i've heard that the quality is an issue ie leakage. it is only 8 yrs old and leaking already. any potential for this EC?
thanks.

when i was scouting Jurong i saw Summerdale. Some issues i spotted in mid '07:

1) litter around
2) resident just throw litter on the floor in broad daylight
3) puddles of water on the drive way (i take the chance to ask agents to visit the unit i want to buy if it rains or after it rains)
4) paint work was peeling, which is something i seen only in old HDB's so far
5) the estate looks rather run down for less than 10 year old project and i don't know why

things may have changed so you may want to check the place in detail again.

Best regards.

lp
24-08-09, 13:57
Thanks very much Tericia. Looks like i have to strike Summerdale out of my list! :(

sleek
24-08-09, 14:23
Interesting news here (http://forum.geomancy.net/phpforum/article.php?bid=2&fid=6&mid=25929&new=). :doh:

tericia
24-08-09, 19:37
Thanks very much Tericia. Looks like i have to strike Summerdale out of my list! :(

Hi Ip,
like to highlight to you that almost every agent when you ask them if buying a condo or an EC has better returns, most of them will say a condo.

You may want to do more research on this as most ECs are found in remote areas of Singapore, which in itself depresses the capital appreciation potential due to the lack of proximity to city center. I'm not sure but you may not want to stay at these remote areas all your life & unless you want to only rent and not sell, the sale price later may result in a loss after taking into account interest payments, agent fees, etc.

I remembered my friend who stayed there said first owners of Summerdale were offered the same face value price they paid during the 2007 peak. That means they would have lost on the interest payments etc.

I ask that you consider verifying this when you visit any project.

Best regards.

cadenza
24-08-09, 23:49
agree that ECs are usually remotely located and not as accessible as those privates ones next to train stations in the mid-tier to mass market.

however, for some reasons that you are looking at ECs only, you may want to explore Rivervale and Park Green at Sengkang. Which I felt are not as Ulu now due to developments in Sengkang to cope with the high density of cars and people. Prices much lower than that of Quartz, which is private, new and next to MRT.

proud owner
25-08-09, 00:19
agree that ECs are usually remotely located and not as accessible as those privates ones next to train stations in the mid-tier to mass market.

however, for some reasons that you are looking at ECs only, you may want to explore Rivervale and Park Green at Sengkang. Which I felt are not as Ulu now due to developments in Sengkang to cope with the high density of cars and people. Prices much lower than that of Quartz, which is private, new and next to MRT.

park green is a better choice than Quartz .. surrounded by HDB .. fire station , temple ...Yes it is near MRT .. but no big deal location .. and the surrounding is not fantastic

parkgreen at least has Punggol park view and the wide open space in front .. going to the new highway is a breeze .. only 15 -20 mins to Marina

cheerful
25-08-09, 11:34
park green is a better choice than Quartz .. surrounded by HDB .. fire station , temple ...Yes it is near MRT .. but no big deal location .. and the surrounding is not fantastic

parkgreen at least has Punggol park view and the wide open space in front .. going to the new highway is a breeze .. only 15 -20 mins to Marina

That one not bad & looks betta than the other EC juz rt next to it, looks gd on the outside but the plot of empty land think could be for another project (put up for tender?). Yeap, should be quite fast to travel to downtown .. juz a zip via KPE ...

Reporter
21-04-10, 11:39
Summerdale, the almost-10-year-old EC in District 22 Jurong West has a nëw hïgh of $600 psf!

Summerdale
Address ......................... psf ............ Area .......... Price .......... Contract Date
8 Boon Lay Drive #10-17 .... $600 psf .... 1,216 sqft .... $730,000 .... 22 Oct 09

sfwoo
21-04-10, 20:23
HI,
thanks.
Leaking when it rains is one thing.
Do you like fighter jets? And the noise they make.
The jets turn around over your head to come in for a landing.
Add to that the groan and whine and rumble of the MRT trains(if the unit faces the tracks).

Only thing good is the relatively cheaper buy price of about $700K for a 3+1 unit.

Lim Family
22-04-10, 09:25
any reason why you wanan choose summerdale?

well, there are other EC around in that area.Look ard and you will find it.The next EC is at Jurong west is Floravale.

You will be suprise when you step in.

sfwoo
22-04-10, 10:15
any reason why you wanan choose summerdale?

well, there are other EC around in that area.Look ard and you will find it.The next EC is at Jurong west is Floravale.

You will be suprise when you step in.
F16 flight path affects Floravale, too?

Lim Family
22-04-10, 16:13
ai yeah...F16 when fly, it affect the few condo includding centries at jurong pt....

but to tell you the truth lor, it does not always fly....

Based on what other people comment, you should ask them, are you staying in this areas? if not, how you know...its better to ask someone who stays in these units like centris,summerdale,floravale...

for me, i prefer a quieter place like floravale...i ask yo ua question, although centris is at jurong pt, you think its not crowded meh? with lots of noise from workers and MRT sound? and i think centris is much hotter than the rest..cos no tress ard...

if you want there or take mrt, you should be able to see it or feel it yourself......private msg me if you want more info...btw, i am not an agent :)

Reporter
04-05-10, 13:49
Summerdale, the almost-10-year-old EC in District 22 Jurong West has a nëw hïgh of $606 psf!

Summerdale
Address ......................... psf ............ Area .......... Price .......... Contract Date
6 Boon Lay Drive #08-14 .... $606 psf .... 1,270 sqft .... $770,000 .... 15 Apr 10

Reporter
10-05-10, 23:45
Summerdale, the almost-10-year-old EC in District 22 Jurong West has a nëw hïgh of $617 psf!

Summerdale
Address .......................... psf ............. Area .......... Price ......... Contract Date
10 Boon Lay Drive #12-32 .... $617 psf .... 1,216 sqft .... $750,000 .... 23 Apr 10

sfwoo
11-05-10, 14:47
WOW!
I have seen Summerdale.
Dun like it.
Did not expect that it can hit $617 psf!
Izzit just me...or are prices a little irrational nowadays?

sparkplug777
04-12-10, 23:41
Hi all,

any current summerdale resident have any idea whether there will be any re-painting work in the near future? Went for a viewing of the penthouse unit today but it seems that there are some waterproofing problem as some wall have algae on it.

Thanks.

kingkong1984
05-12-10, 12:34
Wrong people to ask, write or email to MCST.

Rich12345
17-09-13, 22:37
Hi, any update on summerdale? I'm planning to rent a 3 bedders there soon and properly buy one penthouse there when the price cool down abit. I choose this project as my daughter study in the High School just beside. Any other negative feedback beside factory smell and aeroplane pollution? Any good potential of capital gain in 4 years period? Kindly advise.