PDA

View Full Version : Lenox @ Jln Wakaff $4XXk !!! $4XXk!!! $4xxK!!!

home-run
22-08-09, 21:10
The Lenox, a freehold development with 76 residential units and 3 commercial shops. A perfect balance of simplicity and sophistication.

Enjoy every convenience imaginable within close proximity. An evening stroll along Siglap Park Connector, shopping at Parkway Parade, feasting on local delights along Katong… A lifestyle envied by many.
Tenure : Freehold
Expected Completion : Sep 2013
Total Units : 76 residential units and 3 commercial shops
Unit Types :
1BR ~ 31sqm (6units) approx $400k up
1BR +study ~ 38 to 55sqm (33units) approx $450k up
2BR ~ 56 to 72sqm (15units) approx $660k up
3BR ~ 81sqm (3units) approx $960k up

http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o133/cristiano7bsc/Lenox/01.jpg
http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o133/cristiano7bsc/Lenox/02.jpg
http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o133/cristiano7bsc/Lenox/03.jpg
http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o133/cristiano7bsc/Lenox/05.jpg
http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o133/cristiano7bsc/Lenox/04.jpg
http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o133/cristiano7bsc/Lenox/06.jpg
http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o133/cristiano7bsc/Lenox/07.jpg
http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o133/cristiano7bsc/Lenox/08.jpg

Launching Very Soon!!!
Sure Sell !!! Low Quantum !!! High Rental Yield !!!
For Floor Plans & Enquiries, pls call 81835132.
Website : www.lusholmz.com (http://www.lusholmz.com) :spliff:

Regulators
22-08-09, 21:17
what? did i see 31sqm? if i am forced to live in this tiny little space, i sooner or later just leap out of the window for being claustrophobic:doh:

xebay11
23-08-09, 00:14
what? did i see 31sqm? if i am forced to live in this tiny little space, i sooner or later just leap out of the window for being claustrophobic:doh:

I think it is great for a single, very cosy.

focus
23-08-09, 01:27
If this is really the trend to come..
I think I will buy landed instead..
then almagate the land and build mickey mouse units for mickey mouse fans.. :)

Geylang OKT
23-08-09, 03:26
This housing devt must be for midgets and dwarfs :D

xebay11
23-08-09, 07:55
If this is really the trend to come..
I think I will buy landed instead..
then almagate the land and build mickey mouse units for mickey mouse fans.. :)

That is what developers are doing now.

Regulators
23-08-09, 22:49
interesting no developer has named any of such projects Mickey Mouse Residences.....:doh:

Geylang OKT
23-08-09, 23:00
I have a unit that's about 1000sqft and already I think it is very, very small. Luckily my tenant is not complaining as she is just one single chio lady.... but to really think that folks are now wanting to buy studios where the size is around 330sqft is just beyond me. :doh: :D

Regulators
25-08-09, 01:21
did u rent out a rm to a chio china mei mei?
I have a unit that's about 1000sqft and already I think it is very, very small. Luckily my tenant is not complaining as she is just one single chio lady.... but to really think that folks are now wanting to buy studios where the size is around 330sqft is just beyond me. :doh: :D

Geylang OKT
25-08-09, 15:06
did u rent out a rm to a chio china mei mei?

Very dangerous to rent out to single chio china mei mei. skali she no money to pay but offer something else in return thench how? :D

Can
06-08-13, 13:32
I have been waiting for this TOP for so long! Expected is 1 Sep 2013 but if it is delayed, can we sue the developer?

eastgal
06-08-13, 16:42
Same. Bought in end 2009 and have been visiting site regularly. Ehhh, I really doubt they will be ready by sept cos interior not done yet e.g. Wardrobes, kitchen cabinet and white goods as well as air con. I think the fastest they can finish maybe end sept or oct. from what I can see, some of the carpentry not sent yet from Malaysia. I visit site very often.

xtreme_46
06-08-13, 17:05
same as ebony supposed to TOP 2013..but push back to end 2014

Can
07-08-13, 09:39
Hi I am happy to know I am not alone, waiting for this to TOP.
i bought it in 2010 and have been waiting for 3 yrs.

I too visit the site abt once or twice a month and I too doubt it can TOP on 1 Sep.

Guess I will take action against the developer if TOP is not in time. This has been such a long wait. How abt you guys?

wirehtc
07-08-13, 10:00
Hi I am happy to know I am not alone, waiting for this to TOP.
i bought it in 2010 and have been waiting for 3 yrs.

I too visit the site abt once or twice a month and I too doubt it can TOP on 1 Sep.

Guess I will take action against the developer if TOP is not in time. This has been such a long wait. How abt you guys?

Expected TOP (2013) is not the same as legal completion (2016).

Can
07-08-13, 10:53
Do you mean developer not meeting TOP date is ok as long as they can meet the legal completion date?

babyt
07-08-13, 12:15
Do you mean developer not meeting TOP date is ok as long as they can meet the legal completion date?

YES. u first time buyer I believe. :D

Can
07-08-13, 12:57
Hi yes I am first timer haha luckily i came to this forum. I am sad to know this, no wonder developer can still take their own sweet time :tongue3:

rontan_83
07-08-13, 17:27
Babyt is agent..he claimed that he is the owner of one loft condo..up to today, zero site works on site.....he seems to not giving a damn on the progress of his condo...I suspect he is agent...

babyt
07-08-13, 17:40
Babyt is agent..he claimed that he is the owner of one loft condo..up to today, zero site works on site.....he seems to not giving a damn on the progress of his condo...I suspect he is agent...

I think there is something wrong w u?

I do not see a need to be friendly with u anymore if u keep accusing me of being an agent. this is my final warning to u and if u continue to make such comments, I will ignore whatever u post and also wont acknowledge u as my neighbour next time I see u in 1loft.

eastgal
08-08-13, 21:28
Hi yes I am first timer haha luckily i came to this forum. I am sad to know this, no wonder developer can still take their own sweet time :tongue3:

Hi, so are u buying for own stay or to rent? Since u bought in 2010, I'm guessing u bought a duplex on 5th floor? Mine is for own stay and I am really hoping to move in by year end.

Can
09-08-13, 23:41
Hi I'm buying for my own stay too. Nope mine is not duplex, it's a 1+1

eastgal
10-08-13, 17:45
Hi can, u are pretty lucky. Thought most of the smaller units were sold when it first launched in sept or oct. When I bought around late dec, only the bigger units were left. :D

mrox
12-08-13, 11:57
I am also first time buyer...but my agent told me we can get compensation if the developer fails to deliver by TOP date.

**Of course i am not sure whether my agent is correct**

Care to confirm?

mrox
05-09-13, 13:22
I am now confirming with my lawyer what I can ask for compensation. Anyone else is doing that as well?

eastgal
05-09-13, 13:59
I am now confirming with my lawyer what I can ask for compensation. Anyone else is doing that as well?

Hi, can u let me know the reply from ur lawyer? U can pm me if u do not want to post on forum. I went to the site yesterday. It seems the Malaysian subcontractors have not come to fix up the kitchen cabinets yet for the penthouse levels. Besides that, there are still wardrobes not done, skirting for the whole unit not done, toilet fixtures, varnishing of parquet and last round of internal painting. All are delayed by the shortage of labour who was supposed to fix up the cabinets and wardrobes. I have my doubts if they can finish by end oct.

Anyway, did u receive a letter from ur lawyer? I received one a couple of weeks back stating that estimate top is end oct. but judging from the way things are, it will be a miracle if indeed it finished by then. Air on compressors not up yet and the whole block on the inside has not fixed air con yet. The main road block has all the air con units fixed around inside the unit.

Sigh, it has been such a long wait!!!

Can
15-10-13, 12:50
Anyone been to the site lately? I went abt 2 wks ago and still, the cabinets are on the ground floor, not fixed yet. My lawyer mentioned that we can get compensation for the delay of TOP. Will conclude after TOP is announced.

eastgal
19-10-13, 11:48
Anyone been to the site lately? I went abt 2 wks ago and still, the cabinets are on the ground floor, not fixed yet. My lawyer mentioned that we can get compensation for the delay of TOP. Will conclude after TOP is announced.

Hi, I went to the site last week. I spoke with the workers. The wardrobes are currently being installed in the block next to main road. The last I checked, it's up to second storey. Also, room doors are being installed. they also said the workers for kitchen cabinetry have also come to fix up remaining cabinets. As for flooring, I checked the other block and they have varnished the parquet for rooms at second storey last week. I haven't been there the whole of this week. Will check again on Monday. I am also waiting anxiously to get keys.

Thanks.

Can
24-10-13, 11:22
Hi, I went to the site last week. I spoke with the workers. The wardrobes are currently being installed in the block next to main road. The last I checked, it's up to second storey. Also, room doors are being installed. they also said the workers for kitchen cabinetry have also come to fix up remaining cabinets. As for flooring, I checked the other block and they have varnished the parquet for rooms at second storey last week. I haven't been there the whole of this week. Will check again on Monday. I am also waiting anxiously to get keys.

Thanks.

Hi eastgal, any updates? I think it seems like we are not able to get the keys this month end.

eastgal
24-10-13, 15:06
Hi eastgal, any updates? I think it seems like we are not able to get the keys this month end.

Bad news. I called the mgmt yesterday and guess what they told me? Top pushed back to late dec....and I asked them so in that case is it jan then can get keys..they also sheepishly answer prob yes. If top end dec, got Christmas and new year, I dun even know they can top or not because By that time, everywhere holiday mood Liao where so free process top application.....siannnzzz.

Anyway, most of main door up liaozzz, only think kitchen and wardrobes are not done. Fridge and washing machine delivered but not fixed yet. Left painting as well as house skirting, parquet varnishing. And yes, we will be receiving lawyer letter soon to inform us of delay...I also pissed cos I never imagined low lying blocks take about 4 years plus to complete!!!! When I bought, I even happily imagined they can top by 2012 cos when they started building from first stores, the foreman told me 18 months to complete as I passed by the site regularly. End up, I have been loitering at site for 3years!!!:simmering:::simmering:

Now only pray quality is good and not so much defects but guess can only move in after CNY cos no one will do Reno for you during CNY period. :hell-hath-no-fury:

If you want to know brands of appliances, aircon etc. I can pm you.

astroboy8681
24-10-13, 15:21
Bad news. I called the mgmt yesterday and guess what they told me? Top pushed back to late dec....and I asked them so in that case is it jan then can get keys..they also sheepishly answer prob yes. If top end dec, got Christmas and new year, I dun even know they can top or not because By that time, everywhere holiday mood Liao where so free process top application.....siannnzzz.

Anyway, most of main door up liaozzz, only think kitchen and wardrobes are not done. Fridge and washing machine delivered but not fixed yet. Left painting as well as house skirting, parquet varnishing. And yes, we will be receiving lawyer letter soon to inform us of delay...I also pissed cos I never imagined low lying blocks take about 4 years plus to complete!!!! When I bought, I even happily imagined they can top by 2012 cos when they started building from first stores, the foreman told me 18 months to complete as I passed by the site regularly. End up, I have been loitering at site for 3years!!!:simmering:::simmering:

Now only pray quality is good and not so much defects but guess can only move in after CNY cos no one will do Reno for you during CNY period. :hell-hath-no-fury:

don't be disheartened. i personally feel this is a nice project with suffice amenities nearby... fruits of labor is delayed but you still get to enjoy it eventually...

but am curious, tot devlpr went bust? and they still have to commit complete the project? or another cmpy took over?

eastgal
24-10-13, 16:21
don't be disheartened. i personally feel this is a nice project with suffice amenities nearby... fruits of labor is delayed but you still get to enjoy it eventually...

but am curious, tot devlpr went bust? and they still have to commit complete the project? or another cmpy took over?

Eh, dun think the developer went bust. It has been the same group of people since I saw them start work eons ago. The same foreman, workers etc...apparently, they told me the company also build various projects across the island but mostly co-build with bigger companies and this is of few they building themselves. I think one problem I sense is not enough resources committed to finish fast. Like fragrance, they can concurrently do different things, like maybe build one block finish then quickly fit interior etc... But ths one, they happily took so long to build and slowly wait for this to deliver and that and then fix up. Also, the subcon they use to fix the items come in a few people only. They finish fix one block then do the next! Dunno is it cut cost cos they should have gotten more people to do the fixtures concurrently..also, some things/materials they order very long also haven't come in. So that's another bottleneck.

But that said, I also think it is a good locale. The small lap pool also can decently swim cos it looks deep and not like some where the pool only 1m deep etc. the only peeve I have is the mechanical car park. The interior quite okay so far and toilets also nice and bright cos light grayish tiles. And of course, it is really quite near mrt without having direct track noise. But the block at main room think quite noisy.:)

Can
24-10-13, 18:57

OMG!! This is reali bad news! I'm damn pissed with this bravo. Tivoli grande already has ppl staying but what happened to Lenox? Yes eastgal Pls pm me e brands thanks.

eastgal
24-10-13, 19:52
OMG!! This is reali bad news! I'm damn pissed with this bravo. Tivoli grande already has ppl staying but what happened to Lenox? Yes eastgal Pls pm me e brands thanks.

Hi, I sent u pm Liao. Pls check cos my first time sending. Dunno can send thru or not or whether sent correctly. Thanks

mic2911
28-12-13, 13:38
I also bought this unit in 2009 and has been waiting for Sooooooo long for the TOP. Glad that I am not the only one frustrated by this delay. Don't depend on the lawyer as my lawyer doesn't event know of the delay. I was needed to inform them to send the notice to the developer.

Anyway, in the sale and purchase agreement the developer will pay you interest (I think 10%) for all the installments you paid. This is the official TOP in the S&P agreement. If you are renting and needed the property to stay but can't due to the delay, you can get your lawyer to chase for the additional opportunity cost. Not every lawyer wants to do that since they doesn't earn more after the first lawyer fee. Unless you meet with a kind hearted one most of them will just conveniently say NO.

Remember to get your lawyer to ASK the bank to cancel the penalty. DBS wants to charge me early payment by the developer but I manage to get my lawyer to request for waiver in times to come. We should have a meeting after moving to ensure our rights are protected. No one will do that unless we do it ourselves.

fiat500
28-12-13, 14:20
Kembangan Suites just across the road which was launched slightly earlier than Lenox had T.O.P for more than 2yrs already.
Guess they are really taking their own sweet to complete this project. :doh:

Can
29-12-13, 12:39
I also bought this unit in 2009 and has been waiting for Sooooooo long for the TOP. Glad that I am not the only one frustrated by this delay. Don't depend on the lawyer as my lawyer doesn't event know of the delay. I was needed to inform them to send the notice to the developer.

Anyway, in the sale and purchase agreement the developer will pay you interest (I think 10%) for all the installments you paid. This is the official TOP in the S&P agreement. If you are renting and needed the property to stay but can't due to the delay, you can get your lawyer to chase for the additional opportunity cost. Not every lawyer wants to do that since they doesn't earn more after the first lawyer fee. Unless you meet with a kind hearted one most of them will just conveniently say NO.

Remember to get your lawyer to ASK the bank to cancel the penalty. DBS wants to charge me early payment by the developer but I manage to get my lawyer to request for waiver in times to come. We should have a meeting after moving to ensure our rights are protected. No one will do that unless we do it ourselves.

Ya mic, my lawyer doesn't update me too. We need to ask them about the reason for delay before they start to keep us updated by sending the developer's letter on the delay.

I'm with Uob and so far we were not penalised on anything. Thks for alerting this point.

It's frustrating to wait so long just for a small project. Yes we should gather and have a discussion on this to see how we can be compensated.

mic2911
29-12-13, 13:18
Ya mic, my lawyer doesn't update me too. We need to ask them about the reason for delay before they start to keep us updated by sending the developer's letter on the delay.

I'm with Uob and so far we were not penalised on anything. Thks for alerting this point.

It's frustrating to wait so long just for a small project. Yes we should gather and have a discussion on this to see how we can be compensated.

Can - right now there is nothing we can do :banghead:
The only thing is to wait for TOP, get the key and do a thorough inspection to make sure we get what we pay for. Frankly the lawyer will not monitor the status for you, so you need to notify them, tell them which clause the solicitor has breached, ask them to send the notice to Bravo's solicitor and keep a copy of their notice for future compensation calculation. You need to issue them a notice, and I did that in mid-sep.

My lawyer told me TOP is expected to be end of this year, but since the site is almost completed but no news of TOP as yet, I am not sure if there's further delay. Personally I called up DBS and told them this is coming. So it's good to have early preparation rather than jumping into a mess to move in, calculate compensation and debating with the bank over penalty. You can ask the lawyer to give Bravo's solicitor a time fame to issue a cheque to you, otherwise, you can deduct the compensation from the outstanding loan. If option 2 kicks in, that's where the bank penalty will come in. Maybe you want to check with UOB.

Until we are certain of who really have a vested interest in protecting home owner's rights, all the rights we have is only confined with the S&P.

Can
01-01-14, 12:32
Happy new year everyone. I went down to the site and it was still not done yet. Supposed to TOP by end dec 2013. Another delay again.

Yapsand
29-01-14, 18:36
Thanks very much for all the advice!
I have asked my lawyer to issue a notice to the developer's solicitor for a cheque to be issued as compensation.
However, will the developer comply to this or will they choose to set off from the outstanding loan?
I'm a first time buyer and pretty much clueless about the proceedings. :beats-me-man:

Boxtor
07-02-14, 08:18
I am also a first time owner.
Very much appreciated if any regular buyers can give advice
to us what can be done for compensation from the developer.
I guess that getting together to ask for compensation will be more
effective. Properly after TOP. Or would it be too late?

Yapsand
08-02-14, 15:41
To date, it is not TOP yet.
Anyone has any updated news?
Thank you.

chaoren
09-02-14, 01:14
Thanks very much for all the advice!
I have asked my lawyer to issue a notice to the developer's solicitor for a cheque to be issued as compensation.
However, will the developer comply to this or will they choose to set off from the outstanding loan?
I'm a first time buyer and pretty much clueless about the proceedings. :beats-me-man:

Developers do not make compensations until the whole project has reached legal completion.

You have to wait until after the developer has obtained the certificate of statutory completion before you can obtain compensations.

This is when your lawyer show you the calculations that developer is in debt to you for overdue TOP and/or overdue legal completion and/or anything that is part of S&P that developer failed to delivers and/or defects work (which you engage on your own if developer fails to rectify within acceptable timeframe) then your lawyer will either deduct this total amount from the final 15% of purchase price due to developer after being notified of statutory completion OR you will receive compensation amount separately.

Yapsand
16-02-14, 09:04
Anyone has any updated news on Lenox?
What is actually causing the delay of TOP now?

skyandsea1812
06-03-14, 11:28
I've called up the developer every week, and also checked the BCA online. The TOP application submitted on 27/2/2014 has been suspended yesterday. So I've called the developer again and they saying some docs still to be prepared and asked me to call again tomorrow.

And more over, my lawyer didn't reply me on the compensation, is it better to call my lawyer after the TOP issued that as not much things my lawyer could do at this moment?

And anyone could share any experience in asking for the compensation, either deduction from total pending amount or issuing a cheque?

Quite disappointed with the developer, honestly.

Thanks.

Yapsand
06-03-14, 19:16
Why did the developer ask you to call back tomorrow? Can you share what the developer reply you tomorrow? I am honestly very pissed off with this developer. I have waited and waited and waited...and now further delay:flaming-head::flaming-head:

skyandsea1812
07-03-14, 13:13
Hi
I called the developer again just now, they said they've received a letter from BCA with listed down all the problems, and they've submitted necessary docs per the list.

The staff said that the things is going smoothly, and the latest status should be updated by BCA next Monday or Tuesday.

If your want to follow the status, you may go to the link: https://www.bca.gov.sg/eservice/SubmissionStatus.aspx and key in the plan number : A1276-00355-2007-BP01 to the check.

I'll call again the next Tuesday and the staff promised to call me if any updates.

Now i'm concerned with my lawyer as I've asked him about the compensation for the delay, however, no reply from him yet. Anything anyone could share with me if you've spoken to your lawyer on the compensation?

Thanks.

skyandsea1812
07-03-14, 13:24
Hi
I've received a reply from my lawyer regarding the compensation

Under clause 12.6 of the Sale and Purchase Agreement, “any liquidated damages payable to the Purchaser …. MAY be deducted from any instalment of the Purchase Price to the Vendor.” This means that you have the Option to either:

1. deduct the LD from the next instalment payable to the developer; or

2 request that the developer pay the LD directly to you.

Please note that for Option 1, bank may charge you cancellation fee on the loan amount cancelled even though you are not at fault. For Option 2, developer may delay the payment of the LD to you as there is no deadline for payment stated in the SPA.

Anyone have experience in such issue, actually I prefer the option 2 however, according to the statement, the developer may delay for the payment.
Anyone knows how much the bank may charge for the cancellation fee and any possible to nego with the bank for waiver of the cancellation fee? Thanks.

eastgal
07-03-14, 13:47
Hi,
Thanks for the update. I think once we know TOP date and get keys, maybe we can check around the neighbors to see how to get our compensation. :o well, do any of you know how much is the maintenance? I checked with the staff last week and they gave me estimate of 260 for the smaller units to about 360 for the largest units (bigger PHs). Not sure if it's accurate cos even for 260, it is still not very cheap given the few facilities. Maybe due to the relative small number of units and the mechanical cp. really hope to get keys soon cos want to move in soon by June or end June hopefully. What about you guys, renting it out or own-stay?

Yapsand
07-03-14, 14:54
Thank you very much for the updates. As tor the compensation, u might want to ask your lawyer to issue them a notice requesting for the LD to pay out to u in cheque instead of option1. As for the bank charges, u can call up the bank to enquire as not everyone is signed up with the same loan package.

Pls kindly do update us when u have news next tuesday.
Hopefully it is good news!

Thanks!

mzaxxx
08-03-14, 11:01
i called them 2 to 3 days back.. and their reply was they failed the NEA inspection. They will conduct another inspection next week . if all goes well we can expect to receive TOP letters by april second week.

skyandsea1812
11-03-14, 14:07
Hi,
I just called developer and was told that the TOP was approved.
Our lawyers will be informed by next week.
congrats!

Yapsand
11-03-14, 15:05
Yay! Finally! Thanks for the update! :)

eastgal
11-03-14, 15:10
Thanks! Looking forward to key collection now. :p

skyandsea1812
13-03-14, 16:31
Dear All
I've just received notice from my lawyer that they've received the letter from developer already.

The total 6 mth maintenance fee need to pay for getting the key is 1545.48 for my small unit only 43 m2.

So expensive!! Is it due to the mechanical carpark?? But actually I don't own a car~

indomie
13-03-14, 17:01
Dear All
I've just received notice from my lawyer that they've received the letter from developer already.

The total 6 mth maintenance fee need to pay for getting the key is 1545.48 for my small unit only 43 m2.

So expensive!! Is it due to the mechanical carpark?? But actually I don't own a car~
That's expensive.... Including sunk cost yet?

eastgal
13-03-14, 22:40
Dear All

Hi, not sure but when I called last week, their advice was abt 260 for the small units and up to 360 for the big units. It's based on share value I think. What about the survey fee? Do u know the amount? Thanks.

Rosy
13-03-14, 22:55
Dear All

Not expensive 260/mth. Cleaning, gardening cost had risen by a fair bit.
If your project are mainly consist of small units, then maint fee can be high for your small unit as there are lesser bigger units to subsidise.

skyandsea1812
14-03-14, 09:53
Hi, not sure but when I called last week, their advice was abt 260 for the small units and up to 360 for the big units. It's based on share value I think. What about the survey fee? Do u know the amount? Thanks.

Over the phone, my lawyer's secretary told me the survey fee is about $600 (if I heard clearly), but I checked the normal price is about $300

Yapsand
14-03-14, 13:46
The survey fees is $600.
Btw, will the electricity and water be available after collection of keys?
Or we need to contact PUB etc?

Yapsand
14-03-14, 14:49
Hehe...need to open new ultilties account at singapore power to turn on gas/water/electricity...:ashamed1:

skyandsea1812
14-03-14, 15:46
The survey fees is $600.
Btw, will the electricity and water be available after collection of keys?
Or we need to contact PUB etc?

As I know that before you sign the acceptance doc, you can use the developer's electricity & water for testing purpose. After you take over the unit, immediately you need to open your own account

Can
18-03-14, 23:12
Anyone planning to do chennai wood for the planter? Heard that if we do it together there will be a special rate

eastgal
20-03-14, 09:22
Anyone planning to do chennai wood for the planter? Heard that if we do it together there will be a special rate

Hi can, i m interested to do up my planter as well. Hope can neg for better rate. PLs let me know the details. U can pm me but i m out of town n have yet to collect keys. Will b back next week. Thanks.

skyandsea1812
20-03-14, 15:37
Hi
May I know if any one has arranged the key collection? I've called the developer and they said although they've received all the payments, the key collection only could be arranged next next week as need to settle with contrators.

Yapsand
21-03-14, 18:48
From i see at the propertyguru website, some seems to have collected the keys already. I will call up the developer on monday.

skyandsea1812
21-03-14, 22:05
From i see at the propertyguru website, some seems to have collected the keys already. I will call up the developer on monday.

I think those pics are taken by agent who has contact with developer. Please do let me know the feedback next Monday. Thanks.

Yapsand
21-03-14, 22:27
Ok no problem. I will keep u updated on monday. It doesnt make sense to me that if liquidated damages due to delay in TOP has stopped and outstanding payments payout to the developer, they can still delay the collection of keys. So who is going to compensate for this delay when this delay is not due to us? It doesnt sound fair to me.

skyandsea1812
24-03-14, 13:33
Hi
Anyone received reply from developer regarding the LD claims? I've instructed my lawyer to write to claim in the way of cheque and hope developer could pay the LD in two weeks.

Yapsand
24-03-14, 17:11
I call up the developer today. I was informed that they are still waiting for contractor to handover some stuff like remote control etc on this wed. Developer will then inform us on this coming thu or friday to schedule the date for key collection. So the earliest time for key collection will be this friday or next week.

Boxtor
24-03-14, 18:17
Hi
Anyone received reply from developer regarding the LD claims? I've instructed my lawyer to write to claim in the way of cheque and hope developer could pay the LD in two weeks.

Yes, I have received my LD info from my lawyer. They have approached Bravo earlier. But still I need about 8 weeks before I can have my cheque. I choose to have the LD via a cheque to me.

mrox
25-03-14, 12:25
I have written an email requesting my solicitor to ask for further LD due to the delay of collection of keys, but no reply from my solictor yet..

According to BRAVO, they shall contact us around this Thur.
According to my solictor, LD will be compensated in 8weeks time.

1) I dunno much about refinancing. Any guidance on refinancing since TOP now?

2) Are we able to request further LD from BRAVO since they are not able to hand in keys to us in time..?

skyandsea1812
25-03-14, 12:49
I have written an email requesting my solicitor to ask for further LD due to the delay of collection of keys, but no reply from my solictor yet..

According to BRAVO, they shall contact us around this Thur.
According to my solictor, LD will be compensated in 8weeks time.

1) I dunno much about refinancing. Any guidance on refinancing since TOP now?

2) Are we able to request further LD from BRAVO since they are not able to hand in keys to us in time..?

1. I'm also considering to switch my loan package as I'm entitled to switch to another package for free in 3 years. But not sure about refinancing.

2. Please let us know your lawyer or any feedback from developer regarding the further LD.

Yapsand
25-03-14, 20:31
Anyone check whether Bravo has banked in the cheques for maintenance fees yet? I noticed the cheque has not cleared despite sending out to them quite some time ago. Thanks.

Yapsand
25-03-14, 20:38
If the cheques are not cleared for payment, does it mean they did not violate the S&P agreement for the key collection? Hmm...

skyandsea1812
26-03-14, 09:13
Anyone check whether Bravo has banked in the cheques for maintenance fees yet? I noticed the cheque has not cleared despite sending out to them quite some time ago. Thanks.

Hi,
I sent out all my payments in cashiers order, expected to speed up the progress. However, it seems no use as the developer responses so slow.

skyandsea1812
26-03-14, 15:46
Hi
Just called the developer said the keys haven't been handed over by subcon yet, so the earliest collection would be next Wednesday only!!

Yapsand
26-03-14, 16:04
This is too much! :simmering:

Yapsand
26-03-14, 16:12
Did the developer explain why delay till next wed?

skyandsea1812
26-03-14, 16:29
Did the developer explain why delay till next wed?

It is because the subcon is unable to delivery the keys & remote controls to them by today, probably the delivery will be early next week.

mrox
26-03-14, 17:34
Hi,
I sent out all my payments in cashiers order, expected to speed up the progress. However, it seems no use as the developer responses so slow.

Me too, thinking can expedite the process. Ended up wasted my $10 and my time queuing at the bank for the cashiers order. Sux!

mrox
26-03-14, 17:40
It is because the subcon is unable to delivery the keys & remote controls to them by today, probably the delivery will be early next week.

This developer is really sux to the max!!
Remind yourself and all your friends not to buy from this developer again if they were to have new projects..such company has no credibility and planning at all.

Our units were locked since weeks ago, which means the contractor had the keys long ago..why does the developer need to wait till now then discuss about the handing over of keys?

skyandsea1812
26-03-14, 17:58
This developer is really sux to the max!!
Remind yourself and all your friends not to buy from this developer again if they were to have new projects..such company has no credibility and planning at all.

Our units were locked since weeks ago, which means the contractor had the keys long ago..why does the developer need to wait till now then discuss about the handing over of keys?

Now i'm hoping to collect the key smoothly, and not much defects to be rectified.

So worried about this kind of developer about the quality of the work!

mrox
26-03-14, 18:09
Now i'm hoping to collect the key smoothly, and not much defects to be rectified.

So worried about this kind of developer about the quality of the work!

Gentle reminder to all our friends here for the potential defects:
1) wardrobe in the master bedroom
2) the drainage from the washer to the ground pipe

eastgal
26-03-14, 20:16
Gentle reminder to all our friends here for the potential defects:
1) wardrobe in the master bedroom
2) the drainage from the washer to the ground pipe

Thanks more.

What do u mean by the wardrobe? Is it the sliding mechanism or the drawers and the smoothness of the drawer tracks during opening and closing?

For the drainage from washer to the ground, are you going to do a wash cycle to check? Sorry first time, so not very sure how to check the drainage. However, I think for some of the units, the washer is within the kitchen cabinetry, will that be a problem in checking?

Yapsand
26-03-14, 21:42
What if the developer still cant deliver the keys to us next week? Any idea on how to counteract?

skyandsea1812
27-03-14, 08:53
What if the developer still cant deliver the keys to us next week? Any idea on how to counteract?

I may write to my lawyer if they're unable to delivery next week. Btw, do you have any email address of the developer, it seems they only have phone contacts. I'd like to keep the communication evidences with them regarding the further delay. I also asked them to send me the detailed layout plan to plan for the furniture but they said the plan would be only handed with the keys to us together.

Yapsand
27-03-14, 09:45
I do not have the developer email address. There is a really high chances that they cannot deliver what they promised once again next week. I think it is better to write to our lawyer now and ask how to proceed if developer keeps delaying the handover of keys even when payments are cleared. This is evidence enough i think.

skyandsea1812
27-03-14, 11:44
I do not have the developer email address. There is a really high chances that they cannot deliver what they promised once again next week. I think it is better to write to our lawyer now and ask how to proceed if developer keeps delaying the handover of keys even when payments are cleared. This is evidence enough i think.

Hi, just called developer that they are quite sure the key could be arranged by next week.
As I need to inform my landlord 1 month in advance so quite concern about the collection date.

mrox
27-03-14, 13:16
Thanks more.

What do u mean by the wardrobe? Is it the sliding mechanism or the drawers and the smoothness of the drawer tracks during opening and closing?

For the drainage from washer to the ground, are you going to do a wash cycle to check? Sorry first time, so not very sure how to check the drainage. However, I think for some of the units, the washer is within the kitchen cabinetry, will that be a problem in checking?

Yes, make sure those mechanism is ok. I believed some of them are not ok.

For the drainage, i noticed from some of the units that the kitchen cabinet blocked the drainage hole. Which means the pipe from the washer is not able to be be inserted into the hole.

Yapsand
27-03-14, 15:15
I got a call from developer just now...to collect keys tomorrow!

skyandsea1812
27-03-14, 16:09
I got a call from developer just now...to collect keys tomorrow!

im so angry and called the developer why told me the earliest date was next Wednesday. they said becos the remote control is not ready and afraid if i cant accept it.
Anyway, thk u Yapsand for the info, and ive arranged the collection tmr as well. Why dont they just explain to me at First place!

Yapsand
27-03-14, 16:28
Dun be angry. We should all be happy that we finally are able to see our unit. :) Hope everything goes on well. Less defects and everything smooth smooth! :)

mrox
27-03-14, 18:00
im so angry and called the developer why told me the earliest date was next Wednesday. they said becos the remote control is not ready and afraid if i cant accept it.
Anyway, thk u Yapsand for the info, and ive arranged the collection tmr as well. Why dont they just explain to me at First place!

Ya, i received call too. Will collect by tmr.
Just to share with you guys...my lawyer told me that our S&P contract is old version which never specifies how long the developer should pass us the keys. (loophole).

New version of S&P specifies within 3 weeks after issueing the possession of property.

So for our case, even if ours are under the new version, this time frame to collect key is still considered acceptable. So no chance to ask for further LD.

Anyway, .hopefully not so many defects...

mrox
28-03-14, 13:12
hi friends,

Can anyone advise me below:
1) Understand that reno contractor will need our unit door key to access. How can we ensure that this is safe?
(this is unlike HDB with door gate whereby we can simply change our lock after the reno)

thomastansb
28-03-14, 13:42
What kind of question is that? How to ensure? Either you trust your contractor or you every morning go open the door lor. Or install a digital lock.

And why can't you change your door lock afterwards? It is not that ex. Better still, take out the lock yourself and go chinatown and buy the "heart". Even cheaper.

hi friends,

Can anyone advise me below:
1) Understand that reno contractor will need our unit door key to access. How can we ensure that this is safe?
(this is unlike HDB with door gate whereby we can simply change our lock after the reno)

skyandsea1812
28-03-14, 14:38
No user manual, no detailed layout plan without sizes. seems quite unprofessional. Heading to site now, hope not so many defects.

Yapsand
28-03-14, 14:51
Good luck :) I will be going later. Let's share any defects findings...thanks!

eastgal
28-03-14, 15:33
Hi all,

Do share with me roughly wat defects u have so I can check that area as well....hope all minor...cos I only collecting keys next week as not around this week. Have you all gone to open water and electricity account yet? Also, I will like to ask if the developer provide a glass backsplash in the kitchen...they were supposed to install the glass backsplash but the foreman told me a month ago that because a few of the units' cracked during installation, they decided not to do any and they used some epoxy paint (waterproof) to spray on the wall instead. I was so puzzled cos in so many Reno, pple have been using glass backsplash and no prob during renovation so maybe they either use cheap glass which can crack easily, or their installation skill no good. As per the brochure, the walls in the kitchen area should be covered with either tiles or glass backsplash, if no they only use paint to spray over wall, I wonder if we can claim. Do let me know if they manage to install the glass backsplash on the kitchen wall where the induction stove is. Thanks peeps.

Hi Mrox,
I also asked the foreman a long time ago about Reno and the main door key...He also said to change the lock after Reno...like wat our fellow forumer suggested. It's not ex...and it's for peace of mind. Unless you want to open and shut the main door for contractor every time they come n Reno which I find it a hassle. So that's what I will probably do as well.

Thanks!

eastgal
28-03-14, 15:39
Hi all,

By the way, did you all also get the survey report which states wat is the actual area of your unit and whether it is within the accepted range of deviAtion? Heard we can claim if it deviates more than a certain percentage from whAt was in the brochure when we bought. This is because I think the architects made some changes to the plan halfway through the construction as they stopped work for a short while midway through construction. I monitor the construction for four years Liao and I speak regularly to the workers...but I dun know what has been changed. Dunno if it affected the size of the units cos the floorplan grossly overestimates the size. I know because even for my unit, the door to one of the bedrooms was changed to another side which is different from the floor plan representation.

Thanks.

mrox
28-03-14, 16:47
What kind of question is that? How to ensure? Either you trust your contractor or you every morning go open the door lor. Or install a digital lock.

And why can't you change your door lock afterwards? It is not that ex. Better still, take out the lock yourself and go chinatown and buy the "heart". Even cheaper.

Not say i dun trust the contractor. But is still better to play safe.
Most probably i will change the heart of the lock.

You have any good digital lock model to recommend? where in chinatown can I change the heart?

mrox
28-03-14, 16:53
Hi all,

Do share with me roughly wat defects u have so I can check that area as well....hope all minor...cos I only collecting keys next week as not around this week. Have you all gone to open water and electricity account yet? Also, I will like to ask if the developer provide a glass backsplash in the kitchen...they were supposed to install the glass backsplash but the foreman told me a month ago that because a few of the units' cracked during installation, they decided not to do any and they used some epoxy paint (waterproof) to spray on the wall instead. I was so puzzled cos in so many Reno, pple have been using glass backsplash and no prob during renovation so maybe they either use cheap glass which can crack easily, or their installation skill no good. As per the brochure, the walls in the kitchen area should be covered with either tiles or glass backsplash, if no they only use paint to spray over wall, I wonder if we can claim. Do let me know if they manage to install the glass backsplash on the kitchen wall where the induction stove is. Thanks peeps.

Hi Mrox,
I also asked the foreman a long time ago about Reno and the main door key...He also said to change the lock after Reno...like wat our fellow forumer suggested. It's not ex...and it's for peace of mind. Unless you want to open and shut the main door for contractor every time they come n Reno which I find it a hassle. So that's what I will probably do as well.

Thanks!

Hi Eastgal,

Thanks for your comment. Yes, is for peace of mind coz I dun know the reno company well. How can we possibly open door everyday...I shall go and change the lock after all reno is done. Tks

mrox
28-03-14, 17:15
Hi all,

By the way, did you all also get the survey report which states wat is the actual area of your unit and whether it is within the accepted range of deviAtion? Heard we can claim if it deviates more than a certain percentage from whAt was in the brochure when we bought. This is because I think the architects made some changes to the plan halfway through the construction as they stopped work for a short while midway through construction. I monitor the construction for four years Liao and I speak regularly to the workers...but I dun know what has been changed. Dunno if it affected the size of the units cos the floorplan grossly overestimates the size. I know because even for my unit, the door to one of the bedrooms was changed to another side which is different from the floor plan representation.

Thanks.
No survey reports given by the developer....i am surprised that your door to the bedroom is changed.

eastgal
28-03-14, 19:07
Hi Mrox and everyone,

Have u visited ur unit yet? If you have bought a showroom unit those 1 bedroom n study kind, think it looks more or less the same. For me, I bought different type so a few misrepresentation from floor plan. Eg, tv wall shown on floor plan can mount one tv, but in actual, the width or the wall only 55 cm, how to mount tv?:beats-me-man:

As for the toilets, think there are slight discrepancies for all. Example, in the showroom, there is full width mirror (spanning wash basin to toilet bowl) but actually, the mirror only halved and up till wash basin only.... There is also some excess space on countertop where sink is mounted but in actual, the counter space fits almost identical to sink so there is no space to put things like toothbrush holder and all....these are little things but still, they would make the toilet more user friendly with space to put simple toiletries :banghead: the agent told me toilet in showflat is repented as it is...sigh, even got no Blum drawers in the kitchen where showflat shows Blum drawer mechanisms, and this was mentioned by the sales agent as well...lesson learnt, if brochure never specify fittings, we must expect the worst...sigh. When I get my keys next week, I will ask also about the kitchen backsplash (if it is indeed missing) since it is stated in brochure that all walls in kitchen will be tiled. So think they should at least give backsplash be it tiles or glass or stainless steel and not just paint!

eastgal
28-03-14, 19:17
No user manual, no detailed layout plan without sizes. seems quite unprofessional. Heading to site now, hope not so many defects.

Hi skyandsea,

No user manual, did they leave it in washing machine, or fridge or near hob? What about warranty cards? Yup, quite unprofessional indeed.

DuaNehNehChioBu
28-03-14, 20:57
Hi skyandsea,

No user manual, did they leave it in washing machine, or fridge or near hob? What about warranty cards? Yup, quite unprofessional indeed.

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Can
28-03-14, 21:25
Have gotten my keys n visited my unit. Defects are minor luckily but just some highlights:
1, toilet door's lock is difficult to turn initially. Must use force to turn it.
2. Toilet lock is LOUD. Imagine u r sleeping and someone locks the toilet door.
3. As eastgal said, toilet mirror is just half and frankly, it is totally nt e same as brochure.
4. Fridge door is screwed to the cupboard therefore there might be a problem if fridge is spoilt.
5. Gym equipments are not set up yet.
6. Mechanised carpark is still under maintenance
7. No table n chairs around BBQ area
8. No toilets beside pool area

Just wondering, I saw a unit with fan working and lights on. How isit possible that this person can get the unit renovated so soon?

eastgal
28-03-14, 21:55
Have gotten my keys n visited my unit. Defects are minor luckily but just some highlights:
1, toilet door's lock is difficult to turn initially. Must use force to turn it.
2. Toilet lock is LOUD. Imagine u r sleeping and someone locks the toilet door.
3. As eastgal said, toilet mirror is just half and frankly, it is totally nt e same as brochure.
4. Fridge door is screwed to the cupboard therefore there might be a problem if fridge is spoilt.
5. Gym equipments are not set up yet.
6. Mechanised carpark is still under maintenance
7. No table n chairs around BBQ area
8. No toilets beside pool area

Just wondering, I saw a unit with fan working and lights on. How isit possible that this person can get the unit renovated so soon?

Hi can,

Fast work! :D did u manage to get the user manual for the white goods? Warranty cards? Btw, did u notice the kitchen backsplash? Is it just wall? Ya, the toilet so sad. Brochure looked so nice, n everything is somewhat same but different in terms fittings, sanitary wares, mirror n the small cabinet...so much smaller than the showflat n the vanity counter too. But like u said, workmanship passable, not that horrendous....

R u keen on the planter decking? I m definitely going to deck the planter cos I want to utilize whatever space I have. I just dun know what wood to use n also scared termite problem or trapping of dirt. Pls let me know if u manage to source for supplier. We can get cheaper price.

As for the unit with the light on, maybe it's the developer's unit. From wat I know, there is one unit retained by developer. The unsold one with living room window directly facing wall of mechanical carpark. The face wall view. If it's other units, then I dunno. Maybe I go ask mr koh ( the supervisor/ foreman - I always call him uncle) next time when I get my keys...

Cheers!

skyandsea1812
28-03-14, 22:06
Hi skyandsea,

I meant the user manua for the condo, normally large scale would have. Yes, they gave the warranty doc. All the manuals are inside the unit.

As i'm not so specific personnel, the defects so far I'm considering is more regarding the uneven wall paint, marks/stains on walls.

skyandsea1812
28-03-14, 22:09
Hi can,

Fast work! :D did u manage to get the user manual for the white goods? Warranty cards? Btw, did u notice the kitchen backsplash? Is it just wall? Ya, the toilet so sad. Brochure looked so nice, n everything is somewhat same but different in terms fittings, sanitary wares, mirror n the small cabinet...so much smaller than the showflat n the vanity counter too. But like u said, workmanship passable, not that horrendous....

R u keen on the planter decking? I m definitely going to deck the planter cos I want to utilize whatever space I have. I just dun know what wood to use n also scared termite problem or trapping of dirt. Pls let me know if u manage to source for supplier. We can get cheaper price.

As for the unit with the light on, maybe it's the developer's unit. From wat I know, there is one unit retained by developer. The unsold one with living room window directly facing wall of mechanical carpark. The face wall view. If it's other units, then I dunno. Maybe I go ask mr koh ( the supervisor/ foreman - I always call him uncle) next time when I get my keys...

Cheers!

I'm also considering to do the planter decking. Could you please share the quotation once receive?

Thanks.

Can
28-03-14, 22:50
Hi can,

Cheers!

Hi eastgal, warranty cards are given to you by developer when you collect the keys. User manuals are inside e white goods. Backsplash of kitchen seems to be just wall and stove is just beside e sink. E area is really small.

As for planter, I'm thinking of chennai wood but I was quoted abt 700plus (cheapest price so far) just for such a small area. I may consider other kinds of wood. Let u know again. Or if u hv some ideas let me know.

Can
28-03-14, 22:53
I'm also considering to do the planter decking. Could you please share the quotation once receive?

Thanks.

Hi sure, will let u know again

eastgal
28-03-14, 22:59
Hi can,

Just wall for backsplash? I will bring my brochure n ask the company when I get keys...know from workers that they wanted to do glass backsplash but due to cracking of glass during installation, they decided not to install at all. I think really weird cos must be they order cheapo glass or they never get expertise do the installation.

Anyway, for wood decking, if u see the foreman, u can ask him if he got lobang? I ask him n he promised to check for me. :D but will do with you cos the more units, hopefully, more discount. Eh, my planter also not big about 2 by 1 meter. But I still wanna deck cos I wanna hang clothes there.

Hi sky sea, so are the defects minor? Think paint should b more or less okay cos I always see painter uncle go to site to touch up.:o

skyandsea1812
29-03-14, 12:02
Hi just wondering if anyone consider to change the windowglass, its too noisy and not double layer. can we change the windows glass?

Yapsand
29-03-14, 16:34
As for the decking, you can ask the foreman mr koh if u are looking for quotes. Last that i heard of is chennai decking quote is 450.
1) Do take note of the uneven wall skirting boards
2) Uneven painting etc...
I find the rest quite ok. Workmanship just passable.

mrox
31-03-14, 23:24
Hi,

Just to check will anyone here getting digital lock? I may want to get but not sure which is good. If anyone has good recommendation, pls share with me.

mrox
31-03-14, 23:25
As for the decking, you can ask the foreman mr koh if u are looking for quotes. Last that i heard of is chennai decking quote is 450.
1) Do take note of the uneven wall skirting boards
2) Uneven painting etc...
I find the rest quite ok. Workmanship just passable.

Hi,

Do you notice that there are many holes on the door frames? Normal?

skyandsea1812
01-04-14, 13:20
Hi,

Do you notice that there are many holes on the door frames? Normal?

Not so obvious in my unit, as my unit is facing the main road, I'm calling the contract down to install one more double glazing windows to the inner side of the existing one. I'm also asking for Mr. Khoo to arrrnage contractor to do the planter this coming weekend.

And any body received news on the LD claims?

Thanks.

eastgal
01-04-14, 15:12
Hi all,

I understand that the kitchens do not have a backsplash. However, I went to look at the residential specifications as stated in the brochure.

According to

6. Finishes
6.1. Walls
6.1.1 Internal
6.1.1.1. Ceramic and Homogeneous tiles to ceiling height for kitchen (visible area) and bathrooms.

This, thought we should at least get a backsplash to the exposed part between stove part and upper cabinetry. However, it seems like it is just a plain wall and spray painted.

Are any of you going to check with the developer? For those who got their keys already? I haven't get my keys yet but I called them to check. They want me to take photo and email them. Perhaps we can get them to install since it is specifically stated in residential specifications in brochure. I think it looks more aesthetically pleasing not to mention functionally better if there is some backsplash cos it will be easier to maintain than some plain wall esp at kitchen stove area.

Thanks.

skyandsea1812
01-04-14, 15:24
Hi all,

I understand that the kitchens do not have a backsplash. However, I went to look at the residential specifications as stated in the brochure.

According to

6. Finishes
6.1. Walls
6.1.1 Internal
6.1.1.1. Ceramic and Homogeneous tiles to ceiling height for kitchen (visible area) and bathrooms.

This, thought we should at least get a backsplash to the exposed part between stove part and upper cabinetry. However, it seems like it is just a plain wall and spray painted.

Are any of you going to check with the developer? For those who got their keys already? I haven't get my keys yet but I called them to check. They want me to take photo and email them. Perhaps we can get them to install since it is specifically stated in residential specifications in brochure. I think it looks more aesthetically pleasing not to mention functionally better if there is some backsplash cos it will be easier to maintain than some plain wall esp at kitchen stove area.

Thanks.

Hi, I can take the photo for the kitchen walls. however, where to email to as the developer didn't provide any email address. Can fax to them?

eastgal
01-04-14, 15:30
Hi skyandsea,

They gave me this email addy:

[email protected]

I will get my keys this weekend, take photo and email them. U wanna email them first? I see most developments those geylang apts kind most also have backsplash near stove and some more it's stated at least got tiles...now, no tiles no backsplash. I scared wall get dirty and oily...even if light cooking, it's still open kitchen.

Also, how much is the chennai wood decking you are doing? What is your planter area (length and width)? Thanks!

eastgal
01-04-14, 15:33
Hi,

I saw some residents moved in Liao! Thumbs up for the fast work. I will only move in after some minor Reno like carpentry, painting etc....but I will be lurking around from next week onwards cos I will collect keys by then. ;)

Anyway, did any of you do any painting?

Yapsand
02-04-14, 13:17
I want to do digital lock too. Sourcing for one now. Pls share if have any recommendation. Thanks.

mzaxxx
03-04-14, 10:54
Im one of the owners in 5th floor and they r still saying i cant collect keys cuz aircon remotes still haven delivered by contractors. Any 1 else facing the same prob? i ask them how can other tenants can collect keys , they say only few units got the remotes. Rest are still not available.

what should i do? this is so frustrating.. keep on waiting

skyandsea1812
03-04-14, 15:36
Im one of the owners in 5th floor and they r still saying i cant collect keys cuz aircon remotes still haven delivered by contractors. Any 1 else facing the same prob? i ask them how can other tenants can collect keys , they say only few units got the remotes. Rest are still not available.

what should i do? this is so frustrating.. keep on waiting

I also collected the keys without the air con remote controller. I just told them I'm ok to stay without the air con. That's all.

skyandsea1812
03-04-14, 15:38
I also collected the keys without the air con remote controller. I just told them I'm ok to stay without the air con. That's all.

By the way, the said the remote controller could be only be delivered next week again, which previously said was this Wednesday!

The units with air cons with first batch ordered have the remote controller, while those installed with second batch still pending the remote controller. The developer said the remote controllers were out of stock, didn't they would be purchased together with the air con?!

mzaxxx
03-04-14, 16:00
By the way, the said the remote controller could be only be delivered next week again, which previously said was this Wednesday!

The units with air cons with first batch ordered have the remote controller, while those installed with second batch still pending the remote controller. The developer said the remote controllers were out of stock, didn't they would be purchased together with the air con?!

yeah , they supposed to deliver with those aircons. This is so stupid answer answer that we have to wait for remote for 2 weeks.

Any how no choice, i also collect without those aircon remote.

I noticed following defects

1.Kitchen toilet door not closing properly
2.Crack like line on ceiling in 2 rooms.

Pls check ur units for this.

skyandsea1812
03-04-14, 16:07
yeah , they supposed to deliver with those aircons. This is so stupid answer answer that we have to wait for remote for 2 weeks.

Any how no choice, i also collect without those aircon remote.

I noticed following defects

1.Kitchen toilet door not closing properly
2.Crack like line on ceiling in 2 rooms.

Pls check ur units for this.

In my unit, the big headache is the windows still can be slightly moved even locked up, which causing a lot noisey. I'm planning to add one more layer of double glazing windows inside the current ones.

Yapsand
05-04-14, 07:59
Any reply from the developer on the kitchen walls? I will take pic and email to the developer too.

skyandsea1812
05-04-14, 09:27
Any reply from the developer on the kitchen walls? I will take pic and email to the developer too.

i emailed to Michelle, no reply yet.

eastgal
07-04-14, 17:43
Hi all,

Has anyone got a reply from Michelle regarding the kitchen yet? I just emailed her today?

Hi can, have u done up your planter? I was quoted quite a bit. I find it ex leh still see if ican find lower cos my planter according to the guy is big.

Do any of you have any recommendations for electrician to fix lighting? What is the price roughly per light installation?

Thanks.

:o

Can
07-04-14, 21:53
Hi east gal, I got Yi to do the planter for me, e guy who is doing planters for many units. I was quoted $450 as my planter size is small.

As for electrician, I will request the lighting guy's contractor to do it for me. I went to lights arcade at balestier and I find it really gd. E boss is knowledgeable and even gave us a discount on lightings.

Can
07-04-14, 21:54
Btw anyone has painter to intro?

Boxtor
07-04-14, 23:12
Hi all,

Has anyone got a reply from Michelle regarding the kitchen yet? I just emailed her today?

Hi can, have u done up your planter? I was quoted quite a bit. I find it ex leh still see if ican find lower cos my planter according to the guy is big.

Do any of you have any recommendations for electrician to fix lighting? What is the price roughly per light installation?

Thanks.

:o

Hi, I got quote for light installation.... $9 per light and $40 for ceiling fan mounted on cement ceiling. Hope this helps.

BTW have anyone notice the ugly Main Circuit Breaker Box on the wall and the exposed wire conduits? I thought this is not supposed to be done this way. Very unsightly !!

Yapsand
08-04-14, 12:24
Anyone manage to watch tv by antenna cable at their unit? Thanks.

eastgal
08-04-14, 16:14
Hi, I got quote for light installation.... $9 per light and $40 for ceiling fan mounted on cement ceiling. Hope this helps.

BTW have anyone notice the ugly Main Circuit Breaker Box on the wall and the exposed wire conduits? I thought this is not supposed to be done this way. Very unsightly !!

Hi boxtor, 9 per light is very reasonable! Can I have the contact pls? U can pm me. Thanks.

The mains box is very hideous. I am going to conceal them with carpentry. Will contact carpenter once defects done.

eastgal
08-04-14, 16:17
Btw anyone has painter to intro?

Hi can, I have a contact. He painted someone's condo at mera east recommended on renotalk forum. Local sporean Chinese painter. I asked him to quote me but he took a look at my high walls and said he couldn't do it. If yours is a regular unit, should be no problem. If u want his contact to call him for quite, drop me a pm.

Thanks.

eastgal
08-04-14, 16:21
Hi east gal, I got Yi to do the planter for me, e guy who is doing planters for many units. I was quoted $450 as my planter size is small.

As for electrician, I will request the lighting guy's contractor to do it for me. I went to lights arcade at balestier and I find it really gd. E boss is knowledgeable and even gave us a discount on lightings.

Good you managed to get ur lights. I already got most of my lights from internet shopping on Taobao. Mostly hanging pendant lights and really cheap compared to pendant lights in local shops. You haven't moved in yet cos u asking about painting? A few units moved in already..:)

eastgal
08-04-14, 16:28
Hi all,

Most of the units come with a bathroom with full bay window. Just curious, what did you install for your bathroom covering? Any recommendations? It can't be curtains, so either only roller blinds or Venetian blinds/timber blinds/PVC blinds in the bathroom right?or frosted window but like that, can't open windows Liao.

eastgal
08-04-14, 16:34
Hi,

For those who want to change lock for main door after renovation, I have a contact locksmith to recommend. He charges 60 to 80 and he can provide up to 5 keys. Anyone interested, can drop me a pm. I asked him about digital locks but he says manual better in case electronic stuff spoil, hard to open and whole lock maybe cAnt be used and said good,old trusty normal lock better. For your consideration please.

Cheers!

Can
08-04-14, 22:58
Good you managed to get ur lights. I already got most of my lights from internet shopping on Taobao. Mostly hanging pendant lights and really cheap compared to pendant lights in local shops. You haven't moved in yet cos u asking about painting? A few units moved in already..:)

Haha yeah I hvn moved in yet coz in fact I hvn even started reno. Oh btw I have found a painter, thks for your offer.

Boxtor
09-04-14, 09:19
Hi boxtor, 9 per light is very reasonable! Can I have the contact pls? U can pm me. Thanks.

The mains box is very hideous. I am going to conceal them with carpentry. Will contact carpenter once defects done.

Hi, the contact not with me right now. Will pm to you as soon as I got it.

skyandsea1812
09-04-14, 11:06
Hi
Anyone receive the reply from developer on the kitchen wall?
And the collection of the remote controller has been delayed again!!
And also if any updated news on LD claims?

Thanks.

Boxtor
10-04-14, 23:09
Hi
Anyone receive the reply from developer on the kitchen wall?
And the collection of the remote controller has been delayed again!!
And also if any updated news on LD claims?

Thanks.

Hi, got a call from developer that aircon remote controls are ready for collection (from Mr Koh).

Boxtor
10-04-14, 23:31
Hi, got a call from developer that aircon remote controls are ready for collection (from Mr Koh).

I also contacted the developer for the backsplash too. Am waiting for their conter proposal. More of us should speak up for this and i am sure they will react. This is wat should be done in the first place.

Boxtor
10-04-14, 23:34
Hi, the contact not with me right now. Will pm to you as soon as I got it.

Already pm to you all. Pls check your inbox.

Yapsand
11-04-14, 11:41
Regarding the kitchen walls, we must definitely pursue to rectify since it is out of the specification. I have not received their proposal as yet. Pls inform us if developer get back to you on this. Thanks!

eastgal
11-04-14, 20:32
Already pm to you all. Pls check your inbox.

Thanks Boxtor. Yup, gd to keep everyone in the loop regarding the kitchen issue. Very hideous pseudo-backsplash that is even different colour from wall. Very ugly n will stain easily over time if one cooks.

:tsk-tsk:

Can
15-04-14, 21:31
Hi everyone any update on the backsplash? I was quoted 300plus for tempered glass which I feel is expensive

Boxtor
15-04-14, 21:52
Hi,
I have done up all my lights and fan already. Very happy with the installer. He has done a good job. Now waiting for Mr Koh to rectify the faults. But did not hear anything about the backsplash. Does anyone has any reply from Bravo?

Can
15-04-14, 21:57
Hi,
I have done up all my lights and fan already. Very happy with the installer. He has done a good job. Now waiting for Mr Koh to rectify the faults. But did not hear anything about the backsplash. Does anyone has any reply from Bravo?

Boxtor can intro your electrician to me?

Boxtor
15-04-14, 22:36
Boxtor can intro your electrician to me?

Yes. Sure! I PM you.
He is not the electrical guy. He is Light and ceiling fan installer.

Boxtor
15-04-14, 22:41
Oh. Did anyone do HDPE Decking from Wagon Equipment? I would like to know how's the job done?

skyandsea1812
16-04-14, 09:28
Hi everyone any update on the backsplash? I was quoted 300plus for tempered glass which I feel is expensive

No reply from Bravo on the backsplash issue yet.

Yapsand
19-04-14, 21:46
There is a very strong plastic burning smell when i use the electrolux cooker. Did anyone has this problem too? Thanks.

Can
21-04-14, 20:17
My cooker does not have any smell. Btw there is a dryer on e toilet's ceiling to absorb e moisture right? How do we activate it?

skyandsea1812
28-04-14, 08:59
My cooker does not have any smell. Btw there is a dryer on e toilet's ceiling to absorb e moisture right? How do we activate it?

Not aware of the moisture absorb. By the way, the door bell doesn't work or we need to buy the inside unit ourselves?

Boxtor
28-04-14, 22:28
Hi,
Got news from Mr Koh that Bravo will install the glass backsplash. But need to double confirm with them again. Anyone else heard about it too?

Yapsand
29-04-14, 06:55
Thanks boxtor...that is good news...should call bravo up to confirm with them then. I will call them today and update if have news!

Boxtor
29-04-14, 08:34
Not aware of the moisture absorb. By the way, the door bell doesn't work or we need to buy the inside unit ourselves?

Yap. You need to install the chime inside your unit for it to work. There are 2 sets of wires in there. A DC (battery) type chime will do. Your electrician will know wat to do

skyandsea1812
29-04-14, 10:01
There is a very strong plastic burning smell when i use the electrolux cooker. Did anyone has this problem too? Thanks.

I tried the cooker first time last night. Also got the plastic burning smell.

Yapsand
29-04-14, 16:47
I have checked with electrolux technician. The bad smell seems to be coming from the wood cabinet after turning on the cooker. Hopefully the smell will go away after some usage.
As for the kitchen walls, i have called up bravo today and they agreed this is a defect to be rectified. :) they ask me to contact mr koh for the glass backsplash installation. :)

AlanTLam
11-05-14, 17:04
I currently rent a studio in kembagen, and I am planning to buy a small flat (2 rooms) around here.
Do you think Lenox is a good property to live in? Since I heard there are so many defets after moved in! And Why the TOP delayed 2 years?
Thanks

Yapsand
25-05-14, 09:27
Anyone knows what is wrong with the swimming pool? There is a no swim notice put up there for weeks already. Thanks.

Boxtor
02-06-14, 22:07
Hi, just want to check if anyone knows where it was written that aircon service will be provided for the 1st year with 3 services during this period. I couldn't find any document written with this provision.:doh:

Yapsand
06-06-14, 10:34
I checked the warranty for aircon does not include routine servicing.
Btw, my washing machine is not working well and the strange thing is we need to call up bravo to ask them to liaise with vendor. I have called bravo to setup a service appointment for weeks and yet the date is not fixed. :simmering:

Yapsand
06-06-14, 10:41
And the swimming pool is under maintenance for weeks and not done finished. The unit corridors are always dirty. Main gate is sometimes unlock and honestly im not sure about the security of the condo. Honestly, the management needs improvement. How do we feedback for improvement? Do the rest of you feel the same or im being too demanding?

Boxtor
06-06-14, 10:48
I checked the warranty for aircon does not include routine servicing.
Btw, my washing machine is not working well and the strange thing is we need to call up bravo to ask them to liaise with vendor. I have called bravo to setup a service appointment for weeks and yet the date is not fixed. :simmering:

Please let me know where can I find the warranty. Is it a card or a document (just like those of the cooker and hood)? Was it given to you in the same bag when remote control was given? I dont remember Bravo has given us the warranty document. Thanks.

Yapsand
06-06-14, 10:54
You need to get from mr koh the foreman. He will issue to you.

Boxtor
11-06-14, 08:44
Yap! Got it!!
Its written No Maintenance Service! :scared-4:
Yes, you are right. I notice the area are totally not clean too!
Very bad management. Totally disappointed!!
Will PM you for more.

Yapsand
11-06-14, 10:28
The kitchen walls are also not done and so far no feedback from the management. I am very disappointed with this developer. There is no formal communication. And I have no idea who are the ppl in charge for the maintenance of the condo. I believe we are paying good money for the maintenace and security each month and we must make sure it is well spent. Perhaps we can form a small council and list down all the items that need to improve and request them to send us regular notification on the maintenace status of the condo. How does it work in other condos? Anyone has better suggestion?

skyandsea1812
11-06-14, 10:54
The kitchen walls are also not done and so far no feedback from the management. I am very disappointed with this developer. There is no formal communication. And I have no idea who are the ppl in charge for the maintenance of the condo. I believe we are paying good money for the maintenace and security each month and we must make sure it is well spent. Perhaps we can form a small council and list down all the items that need to improve and request them to send us regular notification on the maintenace status of the condo. How does it work in other condos? Anyone has better suggestion?
A small committee formed already, let me know your name, phone numbet and unit number i can ask the one in charge to add you to the whatsapp group. we have had several meetings alteady

Yapsand
12-06-14, 06:40
Thanks. I have PM to u.

Boxtor
12-06-14, 12:38
A small committee formed already, let me know your name, phone numbet and unit number i can ask the one in charge to add you to the whatsapp group. we have had several meetings alteady

Hi skyandsea1812,

Please help to inform the committee to add me as well.
I will pm you the details. Thanks!

Boxtor
12-06-14, 12:56
Hi skyandsea1812,

Please help to inform the committee to add me as well.
I will pm you the details. Thanks!

Hi,

I have just pm you the require info to join the committee.
Thank you so much for your help!

Boxtor
25-07-15, 22:53
Hi,

I have just pm you the require info to join the committee.
Thank you so much for your help!

Hi owners of Lenox,
If you have not join the 'owner chat group' of Lenox, please contact me. This chat group of Lenox serves as a platform to all owners to keep in contact of all the matters related to this development.

Do send me a pm if you want to join us.