PDA

View Full Version : The Interlace (D3, 99 years Leasehold, CapitaLand)

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

NoodyGirl
05-09-09, 08:22
think its value for money though big project

1000-1300 psf ? :ashamed1:

SL
05-09-09, 09:31
I like the external design seen on ST today, and was thinking should I consider a unit there.. But is this location near any facilities (other than Hort Park) ? There is no MRT in sight right? To go Queensway or Ikea, you got to walk along the narrow aisle along the busy road, across AYE correct ?

Is there a shortcut from this new condo to anywhere meaningful ? Such as School ?

This 99-LH is also bugging me behind my mind..

cheerful
05-09-09, 10:21
I like the external design seen on ST today, and was thinking should I consider a unit there.. But is this location near any facilities (other than Hort Park) ? There is no MRT in sight right? To go Queensway or Ikea, you got to walk along the narrow aisle along the busy road, across AYE correct ?

Is there a shortcut from this new condo to anywhere meaningful ? Such as School ?

This 99-LH is also bugging me behind my mind..

Since quite near to town, maybe MRT not so important? Got many buses & if u drive, shld be a breeze ...

Schools mah ... think ard tt vicinity not many famous school ... those can do ones still got ...

Wat puzzles me is why Mr Liew wanna compare with those keppel developments ... near but not tt near wat ... :rolleyes:

DC33_2008
05-09-09, 11:26
From the advertisement in ST today, you can see the AYE is not far from it. My colleagues and students who have stayed there before told me that the traffic noise can be rather bad as it is round the clock with trailers and motor-bikes to and from Tuas 2nd link. The design does not seem to be able to resolve the issue of privacy as one can still see the adjacent unit at a angle. There is slightly more privacy as it is not a front view but a side view. Potential buyers may want to reconsider if you are getting unit close to the AYE as health can be of concerned as soot from vehicles can make its way to the units.

august
05-09-09, 11:56
Capitalnd will make a killing if priced at above 1k psf, after all the enbloc price they paid is not that high.

richardsng_era
05-09-09, 12:01
THE INTERLACE

Where Urban Living meets Nature…

The Best of Both Worlds

Located amidst the nature reserve parks & southern ridges of Singapore

99 years residential development of 1,040 units

Huge land size of approximately 8 hectares

Designed by World Renowned Architect – OMA Rem Koolhaas

Proximity to Future Circle Line MRT Station ( Labrador Park )

Minutes drive to CBD, Vivocity & Sentosa IRs

Condominium (In-House) shuttle bus provided to Vivocity for residents

2 / 3 / 3+Study / 4 bedrooms, Townhouses & Penthouses available

Basement Carparking Lots

Quality Finishes

august
05-09-09, 14:58
Labrador mrt is nearly 1km away sia...

xebay11
05-09-09, 17:55
Design is AWFUL looks like some two year old stacking Lego bricks any how, come on people just because it was designed by an Ang Mo from a well known company does not mean it is nice.......I say it looks like a disaster zone.

Honesty
05-09-09, 19:07
Design is AWFUL looks like some two year old stacking Lego bricks any how, come on people just because it was designed by an Ang Mo from a well known company does not mean it is nice.......I say it looks like a disaster zone.

Fully agreed, look like a messy containers port.

Unique but not nice, so messy containers all over the place.

teddybear
05-09-09, 19:15
May end up like Pinnacle@Duxton? Unique but not practical and looks far from pleasant. From far Pinnacle looks so messy and like the facade walls are very dirty.

Fully agreed, look like a messy containers port.

Unique but not nice, so messy containers all over the place.

kurby
05-09-09, 22:46
Not for me.....messy...

noblebaby
06-09-09, 00:06
it is a 99LH :tsk-tsk:

bargain hunter
06-09-09, 00:31
surrounded by AYE, major road Alexander road, Heavy vehicle park?! and industrial area?! but got lots of parks nearby. :)

DW
06-09-09, 02:03
Capitaland is always just as messed up. Typically not fantastic finishes and designs looked quite crap. Rivergate is another classic example. Finishes was really so-so and the odd looking grey artifacts sticking out do make it look weird too... ....

Another capitaland product... ...

Not for me.....messy...

Regulators
06-09-09, 03:53
this mess of building will surely make a statement, but does making a statement mean being iconic? Not in this case I think. Buildings like these may be fresh to look at for the first couple of years, but it becomes an eyesore after some time. Remember that this condo is designed by an ang mo and they usually dont care much about orientation. The orientation and fengshui of this condo is all over the place and i dont believe Capita and Hotel have looked very much into the fengshui aspect....:doh: :doh: :doh:

andy
06-09-09, 11:42
this mess of building will surely make a statement, but does making a statement mean being iconic? Not in this case I think. Buildings like these may be fresh to look at for the first couple of years, but it becomes an eyesore after some time. Remember that this condo is designed by an ang mo and they usually dont care much about orientation. The orientation and fengshui of this condo is all over the place and i dont believe Capita and Hotel have looked very much into the fengshui aspect....:doh: :doh: :doh:

Sometimes it is just common sense. Would you want to live where "containers" above looks like they are about to topple?

Also those units in the middle of the highest "containers" has nothing underneath, just supported by both ends:scared-3:

mr funny
06-09-09, 17:46
http://www.businesstimes.com.sg/sub/premiumstory/0,4574,349032,00.html?

Published September 5, 2009

CapLand to unveil 2 more home launches

One is on the former Gillman Heights site; the other is in Cairnhill. By Uma Shankari

SINGAPORE'S largest property developer CapitaLand is set to roll out two more residential launches this year - the 1,040-unit The Interlace on the site of the former Gillman Heights, and a 165-apartment luxury project in Cairnhill Road on the site of the former Char Yong Gardens.

http://www.businesstimes.com.sg/mnt/media/image/launched/2009-09-05/BT_IMAGES_UMPROP5B.jpg
THE INTERLACE
Design for the 1,040-unit condominium explores a new take on tropical living with an expansive and interconnected network of communal spaces

The company yesterday unveiled the design for the The Interlace, which it is developing with Hotel Properties Ltd. The project will cost about $1.4 billion all up, including the $548 million - or $363 per sq ft of potential gross floor area - paid for Gillman Heights in 2007

Prices could start from about $700,000 for a two-bedroom apartment, CapitaLand said. The project will be launched next month.

The Interlace was designed by Ole Scheeren, a partner at the Office for Metropolitan Architecture - the firm behind the design of the distinct 54-storey China Central Television Station headquarters in Beijing. For The Interlace, Mr Scheeren wanted to break away from the standard kind of residential project in Singapore comprising a cluster of isolated, vertical towers.

Instead, the design for The Interlace explores a new take on tropical living with an expansive and interconnected network of communal spaces. Thirty-one apartment blocks, each six stories tall, will be stacked in a hexagonal arrangement to form eight large-scale courtyards. The interlocking blocks will resemble a 'vertical village' with cascading sky gardens and private and public roof terraces.

'This is a great opportunity to create and build a residential destination at the Gillman Heights site that will challenge the present architectural definition of the living space,' said Patricia Chia, chief executive of CapitaLand Residential Singapore.

The Interlace will offer a variety of homes, from two and three-bedroom units to penthouses, when sales start in October. CapitaLand declined to say how the apartments will be priced in psf terms, but said that the construction cost for The Interlace will be around $250-$270 psf.

It added that it will not be 'greedy' when it comes to the profit margin it is looking for and that homes will be 'affordable'. Analysts have previously estimated a breakeven cost of around $750 psf for the site, with an average selling price of $900 psf.

The next launch for CapitaLand is the 165-unit freehold condominium at the former Char Yong Gardens, which will be rolled out before the end of this year. The project, designed by Kerry Hill Architects, will be a luxury development, said CapitaLand chief executive Liew Mun Leong.

CapitaLand bought Char Yong Gardens for $1,788 psf of potential gross floor area, including development charges payable to the state, at the height of the property boom in 2007.

More launches are planned for 2010, including one at Farrer Road on the former Farrer Court site. CapitaLand forked out a record $1.3 billion for that site in a collective sale in 2007.

However, the en bloc market is unlikely to rebound to such levels again in the near future, Mr Liew said. The Laguna Park development on the East Coast is currently being offered for $1.2 billion, which would be the second-highest price ever for such a transaction.

Mr Liew said: 'Given the cost of the land, given the construction cost and given the demand, it is too early for developers to confidently say the world economy has recovered and there will be buyers who can afford the price.'

He also said that a 5 to 15 per cent increase in private home prices here would be 'reasonable' given pent-up demand and the low interest rates. '(But) if it jumps 30 per cent, then I will be a little bit concerned about whether it is sensible,' he added.

Private home sales in Singapore jumped 52 per cent month-on-month in July to 2,767 units. A record 1,825 units were sold in June - but that number was easily surpassed just a month later. And prices are beginning to edge up. New projects released in recent weeks have been priced higher than in early 2009.

[email protected]

mr funny
06-09-09, 18:07
http://www.straitstimes.com/Prime%2BNews/Story/STIStory_425593.html

Sep 5, 2009 Saturday

Togetherness and privacy Interlaced

New condo at former Gillman Heights site architecturally unusual

By Joyce Teo

http://www.straitstimes.com/STI/STIMEDIA/image/20090905/A8-1.jpg
The $1.4 billion, 99-year leasehold The Interlace - seen in these impressions from the highway (left) and looking towards the sea - will be launched next month, at "affordable prices." The smallest units, at 75 sq m, could be about $700,000. - PHOTOS: CAPITALAND

View more photos (http://www.straitstimes.com/gallery/Prime%2BNews/Story/STIStory_425593.html)

SOME are calling it an architectural marvel. Others lament that it looks like a stack of container boxes.

Love it or hate it, the latest condominium project by CapitaLand and Hotel Properties on the former Gillman Heights site is expected to become a talking point.

Designed by Mr Ole Scheeren from the world-renowned Office for Metropolitan Architecture (OMA) Beijing, The Interlace boasts 1,040 apartments in 31 blocks.

The blocks are stacked in a hexagonal arrangement to form eight large-scale courtyards on a sprawling 8ha site in Alexandra Road.

Mr Scheeren, who has worked on the project design for two years, said at the launch of the design yesterday that it allows privacy and space, and 'yet defines a sense of togetherness'.

The $1.4 billion, 99-year leasehold condominium will be launched next month.

The pricing will be 'affordable', even if OMA cost 'two or three times more than a local architect', said CapitaLand chief executive Liew Mun Leong. 'We are not so greedy.'

When asked, CapitaLand Residential Singapore chief executive Patricia Chia told reporters: 'We're trying very hard to keep it below $1,000 psf.'

The smallest units, 75 sq m two-bedders, could be about $700,000, she said. The biggest are the 586 sq m super penthouses.

Ms Chia said at yesterday's briefing that comparable developments include Reflections at Keppel Bay going for $1,500 to $1,700 psf and Caribbean at Keppel Bay at $800 to $1,400 psf.

Looking ahead, Mr Liew, who is set to launch a luxury project by the end of the year and an upmarket one on the former Farrer Court site in the first half of next year, said a 5 per cent to 15 per cent rise in private home prices this year is reasonable. 'The tailwinds are coming back. This year will still be okay.'

He said there is still a lot of latent demand from home hunters. He expects the strong property market to continue into the first half of next year.

[email protected]

mr funny
06-09-09, 18:22
http://www.straitstimes.com/Life%2521/Life%2BNews/Story/STIStory_425506.html

Sep 5, 2009 Saturday

Unusual suspect

Architect Ole Scheeren's new condo project here has hexagonally stacked apartment blocks

By tay suan chiang

View more photos (http://www.straitstimes.com/gallery/Life%2521/Life%2BNews/Story/STIStory_425506.html)

The architect behind the high-profile new project at the site of the former Gillman Heights estate has been to Singapore 'countless times'.

With The Interlace and another project here, Mr Ole Scheeren is likely to make more visits.

He says: 'Singapore almost seems to be an entire construction site. There is now more rebuilding than ever, and it is an impressive statement of its confidence and belief in its future.'

The 38-year-old, a well-known Beijing-based German architect and partner at the Office of Metropolitan Architecture (OMA), is certainly contributing to Singapore's rebuilding in a big way.

His design for The Interlace in Alexandra Road is set to change the way condominiums look in Singapore. It has 31 blocks of apartments stacked in a hexagonal arrangement.

The joint project by CapitaLand and Hotel Properties is a move away from the more familiar condo look - isolated, vertical towers of apartments.

This is the second project in Singapore for Mr Scheeren, who is dating Hong Kong actress Maggie Cheung. He also designed Far East Organization's Scotts Tower, a residential project at the junction of Scotts and Cairnhill roads.

His overseas work includes Beijing's China Central Television Station (CCTV) and Bangkok's 300m MahaNakhon tower.

Speaking at The Interlace's design presentation yesterday, he describes the project as a 'contemporary vertical village'.

It will have 1,040 apartments spread across the blocks, each six storeys tall, interlocking with one another. There will also be public and private sky gardens, eight courtyards and a 1km jogging track on the 8ha site.

He says setting the blocks in such a way gives residents views of the surrounding lush greenery.

Another positive is privacy - the blocks are not close to one another and residents would be unable to look into their neighbours' homes, he adds.

In addition, passers-by can spot the distinctive project from afar.

This is not the first time he has produced buildings of unusual design: The CCTV headquarters consists of two towers that join at the top, while his most recent project, the MahaNakhon, has a pixelated facade.

He tells Life! that OMA does not consciously make buildings look unusual. 'Our intention is not so much to make a building stand out by its shape but an interest in exploring new potentials and possibilities with architecture.'

With The Interlace, he 'hopes to be able to show an alternative to the usual tower blocks in a condominium'.

Local architects are in two minds about the project, though. Mr Tan Kok Hiang, founding director of Forum Architects, says he 'likes the architectural statement'.

Mr John Ting, past president of the Singapore Institute of Architect, says: 'The architecture is a great breakthrough in a long time.'

Architect Mink Tan of Mink Architects says, on first impression, The Interlace looks like 'stacks of Lego blocks' and 'does not evoke any village feel'. But he likes the attention to detail, such as on its facade.

In 1995, Mr Scheeren joined OMA, which has offices in Rotterdam, Beijing and New York, and became a partner in 2002. He graduated from London's prestigious Architectural Association.

The son of an architect, he wanted to be a rock musician, when his interest in architecture waned for a while.

But his passion was renewed after he saw renowned architect Rem Koolhaas' winning work on a new centre for technology in Mr Scheeren's home town, Karlsruhe. He felt he could connect with Koolhaas' works and decided to work for him.

He now oversees OMA's works in Asia, which include a media centre in Shanghai and the upcoming Taipei Performing Arts Centre.

He has been living in Beijing for the last five years and began working in Asia 10 years ago.

His first contact with the continent, however, was in 1992 when he spent 31/2 months backpacking in China, visiting places such as Shenzhen, Guangzhou and Kunming. The country then was not so opened up, but it showed him that 'the world was so different from what I had seen before'.

Though he has been working in Asia for the past decade, particularly China, he has yet to master the Chinese language. But he is getting by, as 'more Asians speak English', and he and his local team have 'developed a system of communication that works'.

[email protected]

cl0ver
06-09-09, 23:17

i dont think so. this guy is based in Beijing and has done other designs like the China CCTV building. He is also dating Maggie Cheung.
Definitely, he will have some knowledge on fengshui issues...

Regulators
07-09-09, 03:30
btw all his designs apart from being geometrical, lacks finese. Even Scotts Tower looks like some giant rectangular popsicle n the cctv building in Beijing like some misdesigned shape. Being young and impressionable, his designs are more out to create statements. Maggie's hay days are over n ths guy could do better wth a younger and ***ier model than a woman going into menopause.

Lucas
07-09-09, 10:13
btw all his designs apart from being geometrical, lacks finese. Even Scotts Tower looks like some giant rectangular popsicle n the cctv building in Beijing like some misdesigned shape. Being young and impressionable, his designs are more out to create statements. Maggie's hay days are over n ths guy could do better wth a younger and ***ier model than a woman going into menopause.

We should be tired enough to see almost all condo launch recently look so similar to each other
This guy give sg a fresh idea how creativity can be stretched. I believe he got inspired by those PSA containers while he was fetched from changi airport to Alexandra on the Ecp. But then, why no local architect is inspired by such scene ? Probably sg architect want to deliver 'safe' design.

pweesng
07-09-09, 10:31
We should be tired enough to see almost all condo launch recently look so similar to each other
This guy give sg a fresh idea how creativity can be stretched. I believe he got inspired by those PSA containers while he was fetched from changi airport to Alexandra on the Ecp. But then, why no local architect is inspired by such scene ? Probably sg architect want to deliver 'safe' design.

ha ha... it is not so much about safe design.. I am pretty sure singaporean architects can come out with interesting design like the Interlace as well.

Looking at the design for the Interlace, the first thing that comes to my mind would be the the M&E of the development. It is going to be hell of a mess. And having worked with several developers before, i can tell you, it would take a developer with a strong stomach to push thru.

long and short, i have seen many singaporean architect with interesting and glaring designs... however, they mostly get canned at the first stage, unfortunately...

xebay11
07-09-09, 10:53
ha ha... it is not so much about safe design.. I am pretty sure singaporean architects can come out with interesting design like the Interlace as well.

Looking at the design for the Interlace, the first thing that comes to my mind would be the the M&E of the development. It is going to be hell of a mess. And having worked with several developers before, i can tell you, it would take a developer with a strong stomach to push thru.

long and short, i have seen many singaporean architect with interesting and glaring designs... however, they mostly get canned at the first stage, unfortunately...

Strike the nail on the head the M&E construction is going to be a nightmare, in the end costs will be pushed up, good luck to Capital Land, just look at the amount of waterproofing needed to be done to all the top floor surfaces.

Lucas
07-09-09, 11:44
Strike the nail on the head the M&E construction is going to be a nightmare, in the end costs will be pushed up, good luck to Capital Land, just look at the amount of waterproofing needed to be done to all the top floor surfaces.

I m not familiar with construction industry... I wonder if any architect can just come out with challenging design n expect the m&e to do the construction, whether is feasible or not?

cheerful
07-09-09, 11:49
Actually if the location is good, maybe Mr Liew doesn't need to crack his brains with such gimmicks ... who wld simply buy becoz of design (or designer's name)??? In fact, this could backfire ....

Some conventional designs can also look good if the style is rite ....

stalingrad
07-09-09, 11:54
I m not familiar with construction industry... I wonder if any architect can just come out with challenging design n expect the m&e to do the construction, whether is feasible or not?

there are a lot of implications. for example, the numbering of floors of a stack on top of two others. Is the "ground floor" of the stack jacked up the 1st floor or the 13th floor (if the stacks below are 12 floors high)? The same problem with the stacks higher up. How would Singpapore post handle the numbering system.

How would the agents handle? a ground floor unit can actually be a great distance above the ground level.

KarenK
07-09-09, 13:24
my question is much simpler......I'm just wondering how they are going to locate the lifts for this "messy"-looking building.....how are the lifts going to serve each unit adequately and yet maintain a sense of exclusivity? :rolleyes:

stalingrad
07-09-09, 14:18
my question is much simpler......I'm just wondering how they are going to locate the lifts for this "messy"-looking building.....how are the lifts going to serve each unit adequately and yet maintain a sense of exclusivity? :rolleyes:
lifts are not a problem. they can be built at the points where two stacks physically make contact. but it will be awkward. as I said, how would you number the floors without creating some glaring oddities. What is a stack? which floor does each stack start from? etc.

Some residents of a overhead stack will have to walk a long way to get a lift. Or, will the developer provide parachutes?

unregistered881
07-09-09, 14:28
Since quite near to town, maybe MRT not so important? Got many buses & if u drive, shld be a breeze ...

Schools mah ... think ard tt vicinity not many famous school ... those can do ones still got ...

Wat puzzles me is why Mr Liew wanna compare with those keppel developments ... near but not tt near wat ... :rolleyes:

"Nearest" famous schools would be ACS Independent and ACJC at Dover? Where else got good schools hah??

maisonjai
07-09-09, 15:45
how interesting when friends pay the residents a visit, 'which blk?' i think even the guard may have problem giving the visitors directions ..haha...

'blk xx is that one hanging up there, can see anot'. the visitor 1st thought 'how to reach there?'

i believe many units will have 'edges' cutting across the living room. what an eyesore when u look out of the window expecting a view. Must say it's a brave move in approving this design.

KarenK
07-09-09, 16:01
lifts are not a problem. they can be built at the points where two stacks physically make contact. but it will be awkward. as I said, how would you number the floors without creating some glaring oddities. What is a stack? which floor does each stack start from? etc.

Some residents of a overhead stack will have to walk a long way to get a lift. Or, will the developer provide parachutes?

it's still a problem, right? coz u pay so much, u expect atas living conditions. if u have to walk a long way to the lift, aren't u worse off than those living in HDB flats? :p

also how will the lift buttons be enumerated if the lift passes through different stacks? :confused:

stalingrad
07-09-09, 16:10
how interesting when friends pay the residents a visit, 'which blk?' i think even the guard may have problem giving the visitors directions ..haha...

'blk xx is that one hanging up there, can see anot'. the visitor 1st thought 'how to reach there?'

i believe many units will have 'edges' cutting across the living room. what an eyesore when u look out of the window expecting a view. Must say it's a brave move in approving this design.
could be considered bad fengshui if you look out from your balcony and see a dagger (edge) pointing straight at you.

august
07-09-09, 16:22
aiya fengshui is just a chinese thing..

end of the day if they price it at 900psf, it will be sold out :eek:

amk
07-09-09, 17:04
btw all his designs apart from being geometrical, lacks finese.

agreed. this guy has no class.

PropertiesHunter
07-09-09, 18:12

I think this is the sell off factor. If sold off then the design is success. Even Ghost month cannot stop the Singaporean Buyer in.

I think it can be seen in the range of 800 to 900psf, if 807sqft can be 700K that is 867psf for smallest unit. So big one cause less.

I consider BUY if if lower then 900psf. 2.1X time bigger than Botannia, and almost 4X of carabella in land size.

Honesty
07-09-09, 23:15

True, Singaporean are very particular and superstitious when they come to buying houses, visiting hospital, ghost month etc etc...

But when the price is right.....it overrule all the above believed.

Sorry, even the price is not right, still buy.....when they see people buy...they also buy...super kaisu.

Good also lah....if is like that Singapore will not have recession in the future, everyone spend like nobody business.

mr funny
08-09-09, 21:54
http://www.straitstimes.com/Money/Story/STIStory_426778.html

Sep 8, 2009 Tuesday

Another 50 Trevista units snapped up

By Joyce Teo

NTUC Choice Homes sold another 50 units at its Toa Payoh condo Trevista over the weekend, taking the total number of units sold there to 460.

The remaining units at the 590-unit condo are mainly larger ones - continuing a trend where buyers snap up smaller homes.

Trevista attracted hordes of keen buyers and onlookers at its preview two weekends ago. It sold out 210 units in one afternoon, on the first preview day of Aug 28.

Most of the unsold units at the 99-year leasehold project are the three- and four-bedroom units. An NTUC Choice Homes spokesman said there are just 'a handful' of two-bedroom units left for sale.

The 39-storey condo was previewed at an average price of $898 per sq ft. At that time, the three- and four-bedroom units averaged $1.065 million and $1.43 million respectively, under the normal payment scheme.

Now, the remaining three-bedders are priced from $1.008 million. They cost $884 psf to $1,050 psf. The four-bedders are priced from $850 psf to $964 psf, or from $1.448 million.

Elsewhere, sales are still ongoing at current launches. For instance, developer Keppel Land has now sold 37 out of 56 units at Madison Residences in Bukit Timah Road at an average price of $1,700 psf, after selling another unit over the weekend.

The project was launched in the middle of last month, after a brief preview.

The market was generally quieter over the past weekend, compared with the previous one.

Property agents said one factor might be people going away for the school holidays. Also, they said some price resistance may be setting in, particularly at projects subject to recent price rises.

Next week, The Trizon @ Mount Sinai, which has sold at least 110 units, will be launched. The project was previewed late last month at $1,300 psf to $1,500 psf.

Next month, the 1,040-unit The Interlace in Alexandra Road will be launched. Other possible launches this year include the 119-unit Elliot at The East Coast and a 396-unit condo on the former Hong Leong Gardens site in West Coast.

Property_Owner
09-09-09, 13:56
Just called an agent. Almost LOL, told me go vvip preview I pay 1000psf. Wait till launch I pay 1300psf. I almost choke on my cigar. :doh:

august
09-09-09, 15:13
Just called an agent. Almost LOL, told me go vvip preview I pay 1000psf. Wait till launch I pay 1300psf. I almost choke on my cigar. :doh:

VVIP or not, developer will only release 1st phase.. and for sure first phase wont have the best floors and stacks..

btw who is the marketing agent?

NoodyGirl
09-09-09, 16:01
ERA is already marketing pretty hard on it

iridrium
09-09-09, 16:05
Capitaland is always just as messed up. Typically not fantastic finishes and designs looked quite crap. Rivergate is another classic example. Finishes was really so-so and the odd looking grey artifacts sticking out do make it look weird too... ....

Another capitaland product... ...

I think Capitaland seldom mess up. Their product quality aside (cos I never stayed in one), most of their development do very well in the subsale and resale market. As lousy as you think Rivergate is, it is commanding high resale prices in the market.

For this kind of huge development, not many developers in Singapore can pull it through and if it is anyone, I put my vote with Capitaland to make it work.

august
09-09-09, 19:02
I think Capitaland seldom mess up. Their product quality aside (cos I never stayed in one), most of their development do very well in the subsale and resale market. As lousy as you think Rivergate is, it is commanding high resale prices in the market.

For this kind of huge development, not many developers in Singapore can pull it through and if it is anyone, I put my vote with Capitaland to make it work.

there's always a first
think they screwed up on farrer enbloc, trying to mkt 1,500 units @ minimum $1400 to $1500psf as luxury grade apartments is a real stretch... but time will tell :D

moneyspinner
09-09-09, 19:28
there's always a first
think they screwed up on farrer enbloc, trying to mkt 1,500 units @ minimum $1400 to $1500psf as luxury grade apartments is a real stretch... but time will tell :D

It would be interesting to see its reception when launched.:)

august
09-09-09, 19:36
imo genuine ownstayers shld go for Anchorage or upcoming farrer court

anchorage = freehold, 700+ units, nearer to amenities
farrer court = better location with mrt right at doorstep, gd schools ard, much better views with 7 single blocks design

with all these supplies coming onstream, buyers will be spoilt for choice
:)

hyip68034
09-09-09, 21:25
IN SYDNEY THERE'S OPERA HOUSE...

IN LONDON THERE'S BIG BEN ...

IN NEW YORK THERE'S EMPIRE STATE TOWER...

IN TAIPEI THERE'S 101 TOWER...

IN KUALA LUMPUR THERE'S PETRONAS TOWER...

SOON.....

IN SINGAPORE THERE'll BE INTERLACE !!!!!!!!!!

Interlace is designed by world renowned architect OMA :

http://www.worldarchitecturenews.com/index.php?fuseaction=wanappln.projectview&upload_id=12305

(the next OMA condo design in Singapore will be The Scotts Tower (fr $3xxx psf !!!)

MORE DETAILS :

10mins walk to future LABRADOR MRT (700-800m)
In house shuttle service to Vivo City
Most comprehensive condo facilities (putting freen, 3tennis court, full basketball court, spa valley..etc)
One of the biggest plot of land size (approx 869,000 sq ft !!)
Individual units within blocks are carefully spaced out between 9 courtyards each distance apart 80m
The PHASE ONE 8 superblocks released as follows:
1) Blk 188 & 198 (2nd -7th storey)
2) Blk 194 & 196 (2nd -7th storey)
3) Blk 190 & 188 (8th - 12th storey)
4) Blk 192 & 194 (8th - 12th storey)
5) Blk 198 & 200 (8th - 12th storey)
6) Blk 188 & 198 (13th - 18th storey)
7) Blk 192 & 190 (13th - 18th storey)
8) Blk 222 & 220 (19th - 24th storey)

Kindly note that all the attached plans are subject to change as may be required or approved by the relevant authorities. They are not drawn to scale and are solely for the purpose of a visual representation of the different layouts that are available.

Bookings start now !! Be the first to enjoy the special phase one preview price for this future icon of Singapore !!

Register through me for presentation and VIP Preview!!

Chris - ERA

DC33_2008
09-09-09, 21:34
It is likely that they will launch those units facing the AYE first. Looking at the photos, painting can be a challenge for some of the containers.

august
09-09-09, 21:44
maintenance fees expensive leh for 1000 units ...

cheerful
09-09-09, 22:07
there's always a first
That's highly possible .. & yesh, kinda a joke with such a lucrative enbloc for those home owners who bout cheap cheap & then came along the sucker :P

iridrium
10-09-09, 09:04
It is likely that they will launch those units facing the AYE first. Looking at the photos, painting can be a challenge for some of the containers.

Personally I felt the units facing south and south east view are the best.

I been up on the fmr Gillmen Height rooftop and the view that direction is fantastic. Greenery and the view of the sea. Noise from AYE is barely noticable that direction.

bargain hunter
10-09-09, 11:35
but capitaland will save the best for the last and the highest price! :D

Personally I felt the units facing south and south east view are the best.

I been up on the fmr Gillmen Height rooftop and the view that direction is fantastic. Greenery and the view of the sea. Noise from AYE is barely noticable that direction.

amk
10-09-09, 14:40
I think ex-Gillman Height owners have 1st right of refusal, so they can buy the top floor unit now.

Yes I agree with Iridium. The view from the top is really very very nice.

chenjdd
10-09-09, 15:26
I think ex-Gillman Height owners have 1st right of refusal, so they can buy the top floor unit now.

Yes I agree with Iridium. The view from the top is really very very nice.

yeah, i remember the time i visited a teacher of mine (GH was once NUS teachers' places), direct view is a good piece of greenery, it can be called "forest" in city, very pleasant.

for investment purpose, 1000+ units are somehow too many for a project, anyone knows how many units for old gildman height? Location, noise, LH, all need to be considered, i've no idea what's fare price.
To compare with Hong Leong area, I prefer this one given its better environment. There are also some eateries around, esp those for expat taste

iridrium
11-09-09, 09:28
for investment purpose, 1000+ units are somehow too many for a project, anyone knows how many units for old gildman height?

607 residential unit + 1 shop.

Here is the view I am talking about.

http://forums.condosingapore.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=1035&stc=1&d=1252633820

chenjdd
11-09-09, 10:15
607 residential unit + 1 shop.

Here is the view I am talking about.

http://forums.condosingapore.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=1035&stc=1&d=1252633820

sigh! 600-700 units would be very good, even you increase to 800, but CDL squeez in 1000! greedy.

jonleelk
11-09-09, 11:21
sigh! 600-700 units would be very good, even you increase to 800, but CDL squeez in 1000! greedy.

It's CapitaLand, not CDL for this development.

ppty
11-09-09, 14:55
The layouts for The Interlace are well designed unlike the recent launches eg Trevista, Optima and the new to be launched Elliot - the kitchen, yard area and bedrooms are so tiny.

At least CPL has the decency to come out with good layouts well suited
for a proper living.

Other developers must learn from CPL - why must buyers be taken for a ride with unnecessary huge balcony, planters, xtra large AC ledges, tiny kictchen, cramp bedrooms, etc etc.

cl0ver
11-09-09, 22:55
this one still got bay windows what...

proud owner
11-09-09, 23:13
The layouts for The Interlace are well designed unlike the recent launches eg Trevista, Optima and the new to be launched Elliot - the kitchen, yard area and bedrooms are so tiny.

for a proper living.

Other developers must learn from CPL - why must buyers be taken for a ride with unnecessary huge balcony, planters, xtra large AC ledges, tiny kictchen, cramp bedrooms, etc etc.

i think it is a daring design .. looks interesting ..not necessarily nice or preactical ..

if i live highest floor ... do i have to take lift to some floor and change another lift ??

andy
11-09-09, 23:18

for a proper living.

They will. Starting Feb 2009, all new applications URA will have planters, AC ledges, bay windows counted as GFA. All residents will save on air-condition as well since bay windows get very hot for units not facing N/S direction.

http://www.asiaone.com/Business/My+Money/Property/Story/A1Story20080710-75863.html

andy
11-09-09, 23:22
i think it is a daring design .. looks interesting ..not necessarily nice or preactical ..

if i live highest floor ... do i have to take lift to some floor and change another lift ??

No lah. The lift will go all the way up as all the "containers" are connected to the column where the lifts are. If you live in the middle of the container with nothing underneath then too bad if you have lots of shopping to carry and walk to your unit.

You are right. Not practical but for other reasons.

NoodyGirl
12-09-09, 08:22
They will. Starting Feb 2009, all new applications URA will have planters, AC ledges, bay windows counted as GFA. All residents will save on air-condition as well since bay windows get very hot for units not facing N/S direction.

http://www.asiaone.com/Business/My+Money/Property/Story/A1Story20080710-75863.html

huh how we save on air con?

xebay11
12-09-09, 10:03
huh how we save on air con?

Yeah how bay windows are hotter? I thought they provide as least some shielding at the sides and top.

andy
12-09-09, 13:58
Yeah how bay windows are hotter? I thought they provide as least some shielding at the sides and top.

Developers want to maximize profit. Bay windows don't need to pay URA but buyer must pay floor area of all bay windows.

You will notice that if the developers (before 2009 planning) line all the perimeter of the apartment with bay windows. Multiply 1 ft width times 120 ft of perimeter of windows they can charge buyers 120 sqft x $1000 psf and not pay dev't charges to URA.

Glass windows above bay area hotter than brick walls, right?:) In fact the more developer try to charge the buyers, the more glass windows they must installed. Particularly when these windows faces W/E direction, the rooms get very very hot with noon sun.

Go to URA site and read the report why developers have been abusing this rule resulting in very hot buildings. Hence bay windows will be optional in future.

housewife
12-09-09, 15:58
Developers want to maximize profit. Bay windows don't need to pay URA but buyer must pay floor area of all bay windows.

You will notice that if the developers (before 2009 planning) line all the perimeter of the apartment with bay windows. Multiply 1 ft width times 120 ft of perimeter of windows they can charge buyers 120 sqft x $1000 psf and not pay dev't charges to URA.

Glass windows above bay area hotter than brick walls, right?:) In fact the more developer try to charge the buyers, the more glass windows they must installed. Particularly when these windows faces W/E direction, the rooms get very very hot with noon sun.

Go to URA site and read the report why developers have been abusing this rule resulting in very hot buildings. Hence bay windows will be optional in future.
i thought no more large planters and bay windows after exemption from GFA is cancelled. but how come interlace and hundred trees still got bay window for each bedroom? i dun understand.

andy
12-09-09, 16:15
i thought no more large planters and bay windows after exemption from GFA is cancelled. but how come interlace and hundred trees still got bay window for each bedroom? i dun understand.

Two possibilities:
a) Developers rushed to get their application approved before the bay windows counted as GFA rule came in Feb 09.
b) Developers didn't want to change existing design but chose to pay for the bay windows anyway.

Windows are not all bad since it does make the unit brighter. Only too much windows can lead to other issues:cool:

housewife
12-09-09, 17:41
Two possibilities:
a) Developers rushed to get their application approved before the bay windows counted as GFA rule came in Feb 09.
b) Developers didn't want to change existing design but chose to pay for the bay windows anyway.

Windows are not all bad since it does make the unit brighter. Only too much windows can lead to other issues:cool:
i like big windows but not "bay" window. floor is simple and easy to clean. if i really like some surface to sit and put photo frames, i might as well build sth similar but get storage space. bay window pay 100% but cannot stand on it. i guess it may take a while till bay window disappear. is it possible that its construction cost is lower (like balcony) so developer continue to use a lot? older condo units with no balcony/bay window obviously have bigger bedrooms than new ones of same size.

andy
12-09-09, 20:21
i like big windows but not "bay" window. floor is simple and easy to clean. if i really like some surface to sit and put photo frames, i might as well build sth similar but get storage space. bay window pay 100% but cannot stand on it. i guess it may take a while till bay window disappear. is it possible that its construction cost is lower (like balcony) so developer continue to use a lot? older condo units with no balcony/bay window obviously have bigger bedrooms than new ones of same size.

Yes forgot to mention that bay window also allows the developer to lower construction cost by putting in beams and other structures.

This is a case of having the cake and eating it:(

Honesty
13-09-09, 16:11

Right me too, I sold mine immediately after knowing that the actual size of the room is so small with the bay window in it.

So small untill I can't put a decent study table for my son to study. Only good for a single small bed.

Big balcony also another headache, no place to put a decent 3 + 2 sofa set. Everything is so squeeze after putting up a coffe table.

It make the owner look so stupid to buy something so expensive and yet so small and squeeze.

housewife
13-09-09, 20:46
Yes forgot to mention that bay window also allows the developer to lower construction cost by putting in beams and other structures.

This is a case of having the cake and eating it:(

:( seems bay window is going to stay for quite some time then. i'm going to rent a newly TOP unit and landlord no plan to repaint it, nor surface the bay window with marble or anything. there're already dirty fingerprints on it. really worried, coz if wipe bay window everyday, it's gonna remove the paint soon. if wipe occasionally, there'll be dirty marks and original paint is not washable. it's gonna end up pretty ugly after some time, dunno if landlord not happy, will deduct my deposit or not. guys, do yal have any suggestion how to keep it clean?

housewife
13-09-09, 20:57
Big balcony also another headache, no place to put a decent 3 + 2 sofa set. Everything is so squeeze after putting up a coffe table.

It make the owner look so stupid to buy something so expensive and yet so small and squeeze.
yah loh. many glass door to balcony, only 2 in the middle can slide to the side and the 2 side ones fixed. showroom no glass door, just put curtain to indicate. that makes living room look so much bigger. some add small sofa on balcony. in fact 2 separate space, no way to join a talk like this

Honesty
13-09-09, 21:16

Not so soon, all those present design are done some time ago, you can see bomb shelter in some of the new projects even the govt already stop the idea.

Give another 1 to 2 years, you will see new plan layout with real space to put furniture and live in, not the present one that have so many bay window and big balcony.

Good Luck.

xebay11
13-09-09, 21:41
Not so soon, all those present design are done some time ago, you can see bomb shelter in some of the new projects even the govt already stop the idea.

Give another 1 to 2 years, you will see new plan layout with real space to put furniture and live in, not the present one that have so many bay window and big balcony.

Good Luck.

So what would this mean? Would this mean that all current properties would suddenly lose values as they have too much unlivable space? Or would the new design developments cost more as developers pay for all the developed areas?

andy
13-09-09, 22:26
So what would this mean? Would this mean that all current properties would suddenly lose values as they have too much unlivable space? Or would the new design developments cost more as developers pay for all the developed areas?

What do you think is the sole purpose for developers to exist? I think you know the answer;)

Anyway it's not that much, e.g., 5%. FYI it's only baywindows and planters. Balconies have always been subjected to GFA.

xebay11
13-09-09, 22:47
What do you think is the sole purpose for developers to exist? I think you know the answer;)

Anyway it's not that much, e.g., 5%. FYI it's only baywindows and planters. Balconies have always been subjected to GFA.

Even 5% is significant, as units are very small, so future buyers may simply snub all developments with baywindows and planters, are you sure balconies are subject to GFA?

andy
13-09-09, 23:01
Even 5% is significant, as units are very small, so future buyers may simply snub all developments with baywindows and planters, are you sure balconies are subject to GFA?

Developers may do away with these but not all since I'm told it saves construction costs. Only those open balconies/terraces with no shelter from rain or sun (i.e., the highest floor) are not subject to GFA.

Put it another way, as long as the unit above has a balcony, the unit's balcony is subject to GFA:banghead: Balconies are great anyway. It's a life-style :cool:

xebay11
13-09-09, 23:05
Developers may do away with these but not all since I'm told it saves construction costs. Only those open balconies/terraces with no shelter from rain or sun (i.e., the highest floor) are not subject to GFA.

Put it another way, as long as the unit above has a balcony, the unit's balcony is subject to GFA:banghead: Balconies are great anyway. It's a life-style :cool:

Yes I agree that balconies are great, I personally love them, they give you a chance to exercise your green fingers too, however living space must be adequate first before having the balcony.

East Coast Boy
15-09-09, 21:51
My friends just came back form the developer private preview tonight.

They are selling those with west sun and facing highway units.

The crowd are about 200+ they need to ballot to get a unit.

Pricing for 2 bedrm are selling above $1K. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Honesty
15-09-09, 21:54

Wow, still got suckers around...

Then the developers better launch whatever they have now before the suckers are gone...

Allthepies
15-09-09, 22:04

wow buyers are seriously buying at above $1K psf for lousy facing? :doh: ha guess mr mah failed to cool the market yet :D

andy
15-09-09, 22:23

Any idea if these are previous Gilman height residents?

maisonjai
15-09-09, 22:32
Any idea if these are previous Gilman height residents?

u are right, they are ex residents. Not sure if there are others. Some commotion there because they released those poor facing or not so ideal units to them. Pricing 850-1.1k psf. let's see when official launch the price will move from here, then we can gauge if IAS got any effect for this proj.:cool:

bargain hunter
15-09-09, 22:53
Err...is this the one at suntec? isn't that just ERA's own balloting to see who tries for which unit on friday's preview? their units are not confirmed right? still need to go on friday and compete with the other 2 marketing agent's clients and then ballot again? :doh:

bargain hunter
15-09-09, 22:59
that's strange. my understanding was that ex residents are only selecting after the VVIP Preview this friday (i don't know why). but they will be allowed to select any units, including sea view units.

u are right, they are ex residents. Not sure if there are others. Some commotion there because they released those poor facing or not so ideal units to them. Pricing 850-1.1k psf. let's see when official launch the price will move from here, then we can gauge if IAS got any effect for this proj.:cool:

xtink
15-09-09, 23:16
today's preview is for employees....

PropertiesHunter
15-09-09, 23:37
Today is for ex resident of GH. Price of 2bdr near to AYE is at 1050psf. Ask for other better unit they say NOT going to release soon. They think it will be high at 1200psf onward.

dtrax
15-09-09, 23:50

I tot the CEO say they try to keep it below $1k psf? Hmm... I guess they did try to get below $1k psf but failed.

xtink
16-09-09, 00:06
yalor...i rmbr he said they are not greedy? anyone heard that?

chenjdd
16-09-09, 00:17
tks for someone told me it is CPL not CDL. wondering CapitaLand is government linked right? they are not like Ntuc to help gov to lower prices?
for this project, most disappointing thing is too many units!otherwise this would have been a good place

dtrax
16-09-09, 00:33
OK lar maybe CEO got heart but no strength.. he want low low psf but shareholders refused to.. afterall after the news $1bil paper loss for all property counters

thomastansb
16-09-09, 01:35
The truth is that for lousy facing, also got people queue and issue blank cheques. That is the demand now. Don't forget, huge foreign funds are in Singapore now and are targeting good properties.

jlrx
16-09-09, 02:05
OK lar maybe CEO got heart but no strength.. he want low low psf but shareholders refused to.. afterall after the news $1bil paper loss for all property counters

If the psf is too low and the company runs into a loss, the CEO's bonus will be "clawed back" ... wouldn't that terrible? :scared-4:

You read the following article about CapitaLand's bonus system ...

The Straits Times
March 25, 2009

CAPITALAND'S president and chief executive Liew Mun Leong was awarded a bonus of $20.52 million in 2007 for helping the property developer achieve a record profit of $2.76 billion that year.

'Although the sum is the highest, it is accrued...so it's put into a bank account and you are only allowed to take one-third out,' said Mr Liew.

Mr Liew's $20.52 million bonus works out to about 0.7 per cent of CapitaLand's $2.8 billion profit.

CapitaLand's bonus plan for key management is an Economic Value Added (EVA) incentive plan introduced in 2000. EVA measures the net operating profit after tax less the cost of capital employed.

Mr Liew said his EVA bonus in 2003 was negative - which meant his bonus account was clawed back.

So if the projects sell too low and the EVA becomes negative, the CEO's $20.52 million bonus will be "clawed back". :scared-4:

Wouldn't that be terrible? :doh:

East Coast Boy
16-09-09, 09:21
Developers’ chips are down, but launches go ahead

Some developers are proceeding with plans to launch their projects despite measures announced by the government on Monday to cool an overheating private housing market.

CapitaLand Residential yesterday began previewing at its office the Interlace condo to former owners of Gillman Heights from whom it bought the site for the 99-year leasehold project. Prices of units range from $850 to $1,150 per square foot, a CapitaLand spokeswoman told BT.

Likewise, GuocoLand is proceeding to preview its freehold Elliot at the East Coast project this weekend at an average price of about $950 psf. Prices of a typical three-bedroom apartment in the development will start from about $1.2 million. The low-rise condo, with a total 119 units, comprises eight blocks which will be five storeys high and a three-storey block.

City Developments is also understood to be rushing to get its showflat ready for a possible preview next weekend of its Hundred Trees condo on the former Hong Leong Gardens site in the West Coast area.

The government’s cooling measures include scrapping the interest absorption scheme (IAS) and restarting confirmed list land sales in first half 2010.

‘Knowing that the government is coming up with more land, developers who have even marginally profitable projects may want to clear the decks and launch their projects this year,’ said Knight Frank chairman Tan Tiong Cheng.

A developer said: ‘Most of us feel the impact on demand from the removal of IAS will be more psychological than real as only a minority of buyers have been opting for it in recent months in projects where we charge a price premium for the scheme.’

‘Yes, buyers may now take a longer time to make a decision but they will bite if they like the product and if it’s priced right,’ he added.

Agreeing, Mr Tan said: ‘Ultimately if the intention is to sell, they cannot fight the market impression that there must be a price adjustment.’

While removal of IAS will suck out some of the speculative demand from the market, developers remain confident of the fundamentals in the property market, and its attraction to investors in the current low-interest rate environment.

There is also consensus among analysts in stockbroking houses that the government measures will not derail the recovery in the property market. ‘(The) measures may dampen speculative sentiment but may not stop genuine private home demand if the trajectory of economic recovery continues,’ Citigroup noted in a report.

Analysts also observed yesterday that while the increase in private home prices seen in the past few months may have come to a standstill, developers are unlikely to cut prices by much either.

‘We believe that developers, buffeted by strong start-of-year sales, are unlikely to cut prices aggressively,’ noted DBS Vickers analyst Adrian Chua. ‘The key impact would be a slowdown in sales as speculative buying gets flushed out of the market.’

However, property counters such as City Developments Ltd (CDL), CapitaLand and Ho Bee were downgraded by a few analysts. As of yesterday’s market closing, CDL has lost 9.4 per cent from its closing price last week. Over the same period, Wing Tai and Allgreen have shed 9.5 per cent, Keppel Land 8.1 per cent, GuocoLand 7.4 per cent, and CapitaLand 4.1 per cent.

The Interlace comprises a total 1,040 units. For the preview that began yesterday, five blocks with 153 units were released. ‘The units comprise a selection from a full spectrum of unit types, from two-, three-, three plus study, four-bedroom apartments, townhouses and penthouses. The units range from 807 sq ft to 5,877 sq ft in size.

‘These units, located on different levels in the development, also offer various facings – towards the pool, towards the sea, and towards the greenery at HortPark,’ a CapitaLand spokeswoman said.

BT understands that the appointed agents for Interlace will begin marketing the project on Friday from a temporary showflat at the corner of Kim Seng and River Valley roads.

stalingrad
16-09-09, 10:04
I tot the CEO say they try to keep it below $1k psf? Hmm... I guess they did try to get below $1k psf but failed.
yes, they tried very very very very hard to keep it below 1000psf. but no matter how hard they try, the could not do it. I admire them enormously for their valiant effort. haha, my butt. capitaland is a joke. greedy and slimy joke.

stalingrad
16-09-09, 10:06
If the psf is too low and the company runs into a loss, the CEO's bonus will be "clawed back" ... wouldn't that terrible? :scared-4:

You read the following article about CapitaLand's bonus system ...

So if the projects sell too low and the EVA becomes negative, the CEO's $20.52 million bonus will be "clawed back". :scared-4:

Wouldn't that be terrible? :doh:

it is all about him, Lie mun leong. greedy person that pretends to be socially responsible. I thought he meant it when he said he would try to sell below 1000psf. I guess I was too naive.

august
16-09-09, 10:18
anyone read papers? got commotion at showroom, apparently police was called in, something about ex-owners not allowed in & disgruntled bcos not all units are released to them..

xebay11
16-09-09, 10:20
it is all about him, Lie mun leong. greedy person that pretends to be socially responsible. I thought he meant it when he said he would try to sell below 1000psf. I guess I was too naive.

It is Liew Mun Leong, not only is your English and punctuation bad but looks like you need glasses too.

xebay11
16-09-09, 10:23
anyone read papers? got commotion at showroom, apparently police was called in, something about ex-owners not allowed in & disgruntled bcos not all units are released to them..

Publicity stunt like Hello Kitty.

stalingrad
16-09-09, 10:24
It is Liew Mun Leong, not only is your English and punctuation bad but looks like you need glasses too.

I purposely spelled his name that way. Don't you get it? Lie as in not being honest, as in liar liar pants on fire?

little mandarin speaker like yourself trying to correct my english. haha! try harder!

xebay11
16-09-09, 10:29
I purposely spelled his name that way. Don't you get it? Lie as in not being honest, as in liar liar pants on fire?

little mandarin speaker like yourself trying to correct my english. haha! try harder!

Ever heard of " " marks? Are you trying to insult Mandarin speakers on this forum? tsk tsk.:tsk-tsk:

xebay11
16-09-09, 10:54
Yes, I understood it. but does everyone understand him? I think not. I understood it because I live in this country full of singlish speakers and you need to understand all kinds of gibberish to survive.

Dear all,

Please see above quotes of our Dear Stalingrad, insulting Singapore as a place of gibberish speakers and posting patronizing remarks on Mandarin speakers without any due respect to who may be reading these public forums including any Mandarin speaking audience.

I believe this person has crossed the line and should be permanently banned from further making such seditious and insensitive posts on Singapore and the culture of its people.

bargain hunter
16-09-09, 12:15
oh well, i was just making factual remarks and he called me names. i have already given up on this person. apparently his remarks are directed at both locals and chinese immigrants. he thinks he's so superior and speaks/writes superb standard english. maybe the place where madoff is suits him better. i am all for the anti stalingrad campaign obviously. :cool:

Dear all,

Please see above quotes of our Dear Stalingrad, insulting Singapore as a place of gibberish speakers and posting patronizing remarks on Mandarin speakers without any due respect to who may be reading these public forums including any Mandarin speaking audience.

I believe this person has crossed the line and should be permanently banned from further making such seditious and insensitive posts on Singapore and the culture of its people.

xebay11
16-09-09, 13:29
You are wrong. both carabelle and botannia are crawling with expats. We live in Carabelle, and both our neighbors are from UK. On our floor, we the the only locals.

When we look out from our balcony, we see tons of blondes with blue eyes sunbathing on their balconies. I don't think these are owners-occupiers. Basically, I estimate only 30% of residents in these area are locals.

most of these ang mohs work in fusionpolis and bipolis. our neighbors include one scientist, one therapist, and one special school teacher. all from UK.

From this post Starlingrad claims that he/she is local and that he/she is very proud to live in a place that has whites, notice that Stralingrad uses the words Ang Mohs, this is not expected from one who criticizes others of using poor English and speaking gibberish....then what do you call mixing hokkien words with English?....Is that not Gibberish?

You draw your own conclusion, but this Stalingrad character is self pwned.

august
16-09-09, 13:30
From this post Starlingrad claims that he/she is local and that he/she is very proud to live in a place that has whites, notice that Stralingrad uses the words Ang Mohs, this is not expected from one who criticizes others of using poor English and speaking gibberish....then what do you call mixing hokkien words with English?

You draw your own conclusion, but this Satlingrad character is self pwned.

probably a minority race local lor

shespawn
16-09-09, 13:32

what has correcting your english got to do with mandarin speaker?????? you trying to be racist?

xebay11
16-09-09, 13:39

I can only draw one conclusion, that no matter what race Stalingrad belongs to, he/she is suffering a deep down inferiority complex and hopes to transfer this inferiority complex to others by talking in condescending fashion......this person seriously needs psychiatric treatment.

stalingrad
16-09-09, 14:00
what kind of english is this? Has the proficiency of english of singaporeans sunk to a new low? No wonder foreigners often laugh whenever a singaporean opens his mouth or pens something on line. It's becoming a disgrace to the good name of the country.

stalingrad
16-09-09, 14:08
I support the call of many singaporeans to impose some english proficiency standard to screen potential immigrants. otherwise, the competitiveness of the signapore economy will be called into question in the future. The cohesiveness of the society will also be destroyed when so many enclaves of speakers of foreign tongues develop.

bargain hunter
16-09-09, 14:10
what kind of english is this? Has the proficiency of english of singaporeans sunk to a new low? No wonder foreigners often laugh whenever a singaporean opens his mouth or pens something on line. It's becoming a disgrace to the good name of the country.

1) Shouldn't you begin your sentence with a capital W?
2) There's only english.
3) Shouldn't it be proficiency IN english?
4) Do you mean online?

xebay11
16-09-09, 14:12
2) There's only english.
4) Do you mean online?

Good one. An advocate of good English can't even write a proper English sentence. ROTFLMAO

august
16-09-09, 14:15
I support the call of many singaporeans to impose some english proficiency standard to screen potential immigrants. otherwise, the competitiveness of the signapore economy will be called into question in the future. The cohesiveness of the society will also be destroyed when so many enclaves of speakers of foreign tongues develop.

truth is.. language proficiency and talent are all pap BS, as long as u are cheap, u are competitive and hv high productivity ~ hahaha

stalingrad
16-09-09, 14:15
2) There's only english.
4) Do you mean online?

come on. don't try and correct my english. You look like a fool in the eyes of so many people.

stalingrad
16-09-09, 14:18
truth is.. language proficiency and talent are all pap BS, as long as u are cheap, u are competitive and hv high productivity ~ hahaha

you are definitely cheap. that is for sure.

bargain hunter
16-09-09, 14:23
If I wasn't helping xebay11 get back at you, I wouldn't even lower myself to your level to comment on your postings at all. Over and OUT TO YOU!

come on. don't try and correct my english. You look like a fool in the eyes of so many people.

xebay11
16-09-09, 14:25
If I wasn't helping xebay11 get back at you, I wouldn't even lower myself to your level to comment on your postings at all. Over and OUT TO YOU!

Don't worry everybody knows who the real fool is :D

wklibran
16-09-09, 21:33

娱人愚己?你才是个大笑话。

jlrx
16-09-09, 22:16

I sense that this project's Feng Shui may not be very good.

Firstly, it gave ex-residents unhappiness, both during the en-bloc process and now when offering them a selection of units.

Secondly, it even caused people in this forum to start quarrelling ...

Perhaps it's got to do with the sharp edges in the inter-stacking blocks that "poke" at people, causing them to become irritable, which even affect people in this forum who are discussing this project.

proud owner
16-09-09, 23:07

Firstly, it gave ex-residents unhappiness, both during the en-bloc process and now when offering them a selection of units.

Perhaps it's got to do with the sharp edges in the inter-stacking blocks that "poke" at people, causing them to become irritable, which even affect people in this forum who are discussing this project.

ahhahh you may be right

anyway people , lets focus on the project ...

it is a shame that Mr Liew said one thing in the paper and in reality, its something else ...

Honesty
16-09-09, 23:23

Perhaps it's got to do with the sharp edges in the inter-stng blocks that "poke" at people, causing them to become irritable, which even affect people in this forum who are discussing this project.

Thirdly, before it launch, the govt had announced the new measure to cool the market.

Lucas
17-09-09, 00:06
Thirdly, before it launch, the govt had announced the new measure to cool the market.

We shall see if Mr Mah is wrong again....

Even with the high psf of Interlace, we heard of people still balloting for those lower floors or AYE facing units :scared-4: just few days after he made the announcement. MOre launches will be coming and we shall see...

bargain hunter
17-09-09, 00:07
An agent told me seaview (i believe pocketed) 4 bedder 1100psf or around $2.4m. So much for trying very hard to price under 1000psf. Even big units are also priced above 1000psf.

ahhahh you may be right

anyway people , lets focus on the project ...

it is a shame that Mr Liew said one thing in the paper and in reality, its something else ...

bargain hunter
17-09-09, 00:11
I am pretty sure the sharp edges are bad fengshui. Imagine one pointing your house every day, how would you feel? Even a pure sharp edged building (for e.g. Ocean Towers at Raffles Place) is already bad fengshui for whichever building it is pointing at, let alone interstacking sharp edges.

Regulators
17-09-09, 01:00
gillman enbloc-ers r now pissed off that developer is giving them units with cock facing and levels and selling them at high price. Imagine they paid 600+ owners off and built 1000+ units and later offer these owners at a high price. If I were the owners of gillman heights, i wont even bother bout the enbloc if i like that place very much...:doh: :doh:

august
17-09-09, 01:26

haha i feel this way too, negativity surfacing, capitaland's PR or which ever dept does not appear to be handling it well

thomastansb
17-09-09, 03:08
Ok lah.. Singapore still competitive and is growing stronger. So I feel this proficiency is not a critical factor.

jlrx
17-09-09, 04:05
haha i feel this way too, negativity surfacing, capitaland's PR or which ever dept does not appear to be handling it well

But isn't this a brilliant strategy?

If they are able to sell the less desirable units to the ex-residents for $1,000 psf. Next time they can raise the price for the more desirable units to $1,200 psf or even $1,300 psf.

After all the ex-residents are cash rich after selling their apartments ...

CapitaLand paid $363 psf ppr for Gillman Heights, add in another $200 psf of construction costs, that's $563 psf. Now can sell back to the ex-residents at $1,000 psf.

Plus there are now suddenly 433 more units (from 607 to 1040) ...

Hmmm ... very profitable indeed. :cheers1:

I also want to be a developer. :cheers6:

xebay11
17-09-09, 08:26

If they are able to sell the less desirable units to the ex-residents for $1,000 psf. Next time they can raise the price for the more desirable units to $1,200 psf or even $1,300 psf.

CapitaLand paid $363 psf ppr for Gillman Heights, add in another $200 psf of construction costs, that's $563 psf. Now can sell back to the ex-residents at $1,000 psf.

Liew Mun Leong is not paid $20m bonus for nothing you know?

Antz621
17-09-09, 09:33

羊毛出在羊身上 :D

KarenK
17-09-09, 10:27
gillman enbloc-ers r now pissed off that developer is giving them units with cock facing and levels and selling them at high price. Imagine they paid 600+ owners off and built 1000+ units and later offer these owners at a high price. If I were the owners of gillman heights, i wont even bother bout the enbloc if i like that place very much...:doh: :doh:

lesson learnt whenever your pty is up for enbloc: demand that the developer give u choices of ALL the units for the new project, not just those koyak ones tat they pretend-pretend to release during the soft launches for ex-owners' preview....... :spliff:

echotrain
17-09-09, 10:32
lesson learnt whenever your pty is up for enbloc: demand that the developer give u choices of ALL the units for the new project, not just those koyak ones tat they pretend-pretend to release during the soft launches for ex-owners' preview....... :spliff:

Someone sticky this!!! Good advice. Any developers reading here... remember this.

xebay11
17-09-09, 10:36

Ha Ha If the other 80% don't care about this point, you oso got no say.

maisonjai
17-09-09, 11:26
I am pretty sure the sharp edges are bad fengshui. Imagine one pointing your house every day, how would you feel? Even a pure sharp edged building (for e.g. Ocean Towers at Raffles Place) is already bad fengshui for whichever building it is pointing at, let alone interstacking sharp edges.

i spotted 1 stack that has 3 edges pointing at it. :scared-4:

PropertiesHunter
17-09-09, 13:46
1060psf nett for a 98sqm 2 bdr. You call it cheaper than AMK far east project. Must ballot for my selection some more.:scared-4:

I think a fair value for this location at south. Is the media blow below 900psf.

JohnTan
17-09-09, 14:35
1060psf nett for a 98sqm 2 bdr. You call it cheaper than AMK far east project. Must ballot for my selection some more.:scared-4:

I think a fair value for this location at south. Is the media blow below 900psf.

Went to have a look at interlace today. If you want to pay below 1000psf, you got to get a unit size of 1900 sqft apartment or larger.:scared-4:

Any smaller unit will cost 1000psf and beyond. :doh:

KarenK
17-09-09, 16:26
read on H88.com.sg website that police were called into the showflat coz the ex-owners were unhappy with the crappy choices & lack of info provided .....must haf been quite an exciting moment for the agents.... :D

mr funny
17-09-09, 17:17
http://www.businesstimes.com.sg/sub/news/story/0,4574,350359-1253131140,00.html?

Published September 16, 2009

Developers' chips are down, but launches go ahead

Property counters hit, but several projects primed for launching

By KALPANA RASHIWALA AND UMA SHANKARI

(SINGAPORE) Some developers are proceeding with plans to launch their projects despite measures announced by the government on Monday to cool an overheating private housing market.

CapitaLand Residential yesterday began previewing at its office the Interlace condo to former owners of Gillman Heights from whom it bought the site for the 99-year leasehold project. Prices of units range from $850 to $1,150 per square foot, a CapitaLand spokeswoman told BT.

Likewise, GuocoLand is proceeding to preview its freehold Elliot at the East Coast project this weekend at an average price of about $950 psf. Prices of a typical three-bedroom apartment in the development will start from about $1.2 million. The low-rise condo, with a total 119 units, comprises eight blocks which will be five storeys high and a three-storey block.

City Developments is also understood to be rushing to get its showflat ready for a possible preview next weekend of its Hundred Trees condo on the former Hong Leong Gardens site in the West Coast area.

The government's cooling measures include scrapping the interest absorption scheme (IAS) and restarting confirmed list land sales in first half 2010.

'Knowing that the government is coming up with more land, developers who have even marginally profitable projects may want to clear the decks and launch their projects this year,' said Knight Frank chairman Tan Tiong Cheng.

A developer said: 'Most of us feel the impact on demand from the removal of IAS will be more psychological than real as only a minority of buyers have been opting for it in recent months in projects where we charge a price premium for the scheme.'

'Yes, buyers may now take a longer time to make a decision but they will bite if they like the product and if it's priced right,' he added.

Agreeing, Mr Tan said: 'Ultimately if the intention is to sell, they cannot fight the market impression that there must be a price adjustment.'

While removal of IAS will suck out some of the speculative demand from the market, developers remain confident of the fundamentals in the property market, and its attraction to investors in the current low-interest rate environment.

There is also consensus among analysts in stockbroking houses that the government measures will not derail the recovery in the property market. '(The) measures may dampen speculative sentiment but may not stop genuine private home demand if the trajectory of economic recovery continues,' Citigroup noted in a report.

Analysts also observed yesterday that while the increase in private home prices seen in the past few months may have come to a standstill, developers are unlikely to cut prices by much either.

'We believe that developers, buffeted by strong start-of-year sales, are unlikely to cut prices aggressively,' noted DBS Vickers analyst Adrian Chua. 'The key impact would be a slowdown in sales as speculative buying gets flushed out of the market.'

However, property counters such as City Developments Ltd (CDL), CapitaLand and Ho Bee were downgraded by a few analysts. As of yesterday's market closing, CDL has lost 9.4 per cent from its closing price last week. Over the same period, Wing Tai and Allgreen have shed 9.5 per cent, Keppel Land 8.1 per cent, GuocoLand 7.4 per cent, and CapitaLand 4.1 per cent.

The Interlace comprises a total 1,040 units. For the preview that began yesterday, five blocks with 153 units were released. 'The units comprise a selection from a full spectrum of unit types, from two-, three-, three plus study, four-bedroom apartments, townhouses and penthouses. The units range from 807 sq ft to 5,877 sq ft in size.

'These units, located on different levels in the development, also offer various facings - towards the pool, towards the sea, and towards the greenery at HortPark,' a CapitaLand spokeswoman said.

BT understands that the appointed agents for Interlace will begin marketing the project on Friday from a temporary showflat at the corner of Kim Seng and River Valley roads.

http://www.businesstimes.com.sg/mnt/media/image/launched/2009-09-16/krlaunch16_pg1.jpg

tobylin
17-09-09, 21:32
Liew Mun Leong is not paid $20m bonus for nothing you know?

He was paid millions but his people are paid peanuts. So he has monkeys to entertain the exGillman Hts residences. A Circus with no ringleader.so chaotic ....cannot handle and must call policel? The way they carry out the preview for them are so unprofessional. Capital Land, dealing in billions and yet handled unprofessionally a small preview for the residences, cast doubts on them. With a CEO who just shoot off with no sense of responsibity,so naive to believe they will deliver!:doh:

jlrx
17-09-09, 22:28
read on H88.com.sg website that police were called into the showflat coz the ex-owners were unhappy with the crappy choices & lack of info provided .....must haf been quite an exciting moment for the agents.... :D

According to ZaoBao 2009-09-16,

昨天的特别贵宾预售会“守卫”异常森严,只开放给吉门岭的前业主前往选购,连亲属都不准进入销售办公室。业主一定要亲身前往,而且要出示发展商寄予的信件才能入场,进场时职员还要通过检查身份证,来核实业主的身份。

与父母同住吉门岭的苏小姐向本报投诉,前天收到邀请函,昨天她特意请假,和年迈的父母一起去现场,但却因为只有业主才能进场,让她吃了“闭门羹”。

Yesterday's security was very tight, only the ex-owners themselves were allowed to select the units and even relatives were not allowed to enter. The ex-owners must go there personally to select the units, and bring along with them the developer's authorisation letter.

Miss Su, who took leave to accompany her aged parents, complained that she was not allowed to enter and kept outside the doors.

另一名业主也表示,发展商推出的四栋建筑中,两栋面向快速公路,一些在最底下,是风水学中被“压住”的格局。她认为,发展商并没有诚意将好的单位开放让前业主选购。

Another ex-resident said that out of the four blocks released, two of them face the expressway, and some units were on the lowermost floors, which according to Feng Shui belongs to the "Suppression" configuration. She felt that the developer was not sincere in giving ex-residents a choice of good units.

Is the developer trying to get back at the ex-residents for creating so much trouble for them last time during the en-bloc?

hovivi
17-09-09, 22:59
I saw one of the ad, saying it's walking distant to mrt, my foot, you got to walk 1/2 hour! it's so X far!:eek:

august
17-09-09, 23:38
I saw one of the ad, saying it's walking distant to mrt, my foot, you got to walk 1/2 hour! it's so X far!:eek:

Misleading ad. Interlace is not considered close to any mrt, i.e. no mrt.

proud owner
18-09-09, 00:46
Misleading ad. Interlace is not considered close to any mrt, i.e. no mrt.

its between Queenstown MRT and future Labrador MRT

can walk lah ...

between 2 stations also means not near either of them

jonleelk
18-09-09, 08:59

can walk lah ...

It's 1.5km from queenstown mrt. Future labrador will be nearer, but also more than 1km.

bargain hunter
18-09-09, 09:48
Does anyone know what time the preview starts today?

Reporter
18-09-09, 10:38
http://www.tnp.sg/mnt/static/image/images/mast_04.gif
Condo preview turns ugly
Desmond Ng
The New Paper
Friday, 18 September 2009

http://www.asiaone.com/A1MEDIA/business/09Sep09/images/20090917.182500_gill.jpg

IT was a condominium preview ..........

But others took it in their stride and bought units.

Businessman Johnson Quek, who is in his 40s, said his aunt bought a 1,050 sq ft unit for about $1 million, or about $1,000 psf at the preview.

However, his aunt, who didn't want to be named, also said: 'There were not many good units to choose from. It was disappointing.'

She said she bought one unit as an investment. She wasn't too concerned about the cooling measures introduced by the Government on Monday.

Green light in February

.......... with good views.
Is there a need to fight?
"Don't like it? Don't buy it!"

Anyway, they can also wait for later phases to catch the better units.

wreckwrx
18-09-09, 10:51
It's 1.5km from queenstown mrt. Future labrador will be nearer, but also more than 1km.

Ya, it's more like a Hike rather than a walk... especially to Queenstown MRT.... make sure bring a bottle of water along in case kena heat stroke along the way... :D

I would think the developer would throw in some shuttle service perhaps.....

bargain hunter
18-09-09, 10:56
heard that developer is providing 5 year free shuttle to vivocity.

Ya, it's more like a Hike rather than a walk... especially to Queenstown MRT.... make sure bring a bottle of water along in case kena heat stroke along the way... :D

I would think the developer would throw in some shuttle service perhaps.....

xebay11
18-09-09, 10:58
Is there a need to fight?
"Don't like it? Don't buy it!"

Anyway, they can also wait for later phases to catch the better units.

Cannot don't buy because they want to earn even more money, greedy buggers, they paid HDB prices when they first bought Gillman Heights and got the cheek to make it private property after HUDC was abolished, later they realised that turning "private" also meant higher maintenace costs then cry and cry (cheapos), finally they made heaps of money through enbloc sale from their worthless, inaccessible and noisy units, now in 2009 still want another bite of the cherry by flipping.....really ugly wannabe type rags to riches, even got the cheek to admit their greed and expect Developer to give them good units to share the pie......I am glad Capital Land stood up to these wannabes and gave them lousy units. Ugly to the maximum.

"The units offered at the preview were mostly on the lower floors and faced the Ayer Rajah Expressway (AYE), he said. 'The units were not very good, and most will be quite noisy. Even if I wanted to buy to flip (sell again for a quick profit), how can I, with such units?"

yokoosi
18-09-09, 11:22
this are not a very clever group of people. Understand their deal they got for psf is pretty low. Now the developer sell even higher psf to them...plain stupid.

The Developer put some "money" on your right pocket to make you feel rich, but on the the other hand, took back the "money" + whatever lose change you have from the left...:banghead: Now we know why these CEOs are making big money and where they came from...haha...

august
18-09-09, 11:35
this are not a very clever group of people. Understand their deal they got for psf is pretty low. Now the developer sell even higher psf to them...plain stupid.

The Developer put some "money" on your right pocket to make you feel rich, but on the the other hand, took back the "money" + whatever lose change you have from the left...:banghead: Now we know why these CEOs are making big money and where they came from...haha...

but this is the nature of enbloc... if u wan to buy back same place sure got to pay a lot more :beats-me-man:

jonleelk
18-09-09, 12:19
but this is the nature of enbloc... if u wan to buy back same place sure got to pay a lot more :beats-me-man:

Exactly. Once enbloc, move on to other area.

Why pay more and stay at the same place in a smaller home? :doh:

xebay11
18-09-09, 13:09
Exactly. Once enbloc, move on to other area.

Why pay more and stay at the same place in a smaller home? :doh:

They are not buying to stay, I believe many of them bought landed property or better units to stay, they want to buy to flip.

Property_Owner
18-09-09, 13:16

can walk lah ...

That's the problem. Morning you wake up you step out of your house don;t know to turn left or right

bargain hunter
18-09-09, 13:52
Labrador nearer. Just very slightly above 1km and walking down slope on the way out no problem. Coming back home better take a bus. :)

That's the problem. Morning you wake up you step out of your house don;t know to turn left or right

echotrain
18-09-09, 13:57

If enbloc lose money, which developer want to do?

jonleelk
18-09-09, 14:00
They are not buying to stay, I believe many of them bought landed property or better units to stay, they want to buy to flip.

let them flip...at a BIG LOSS! :simmering:

xebay11
18-09-09, 14:12
let them flip...at a BIG LOSS! :simmering:

Totally agree. They are too greedy and have no bounds.

Reporter
18-09-09, 17:36
http://www.channelnewsasia.com/images/cna_interactivemedia.gif
Experts warn bubble brewing in HK property market
Leslie Tang
Hong Kong Correspondent
Channel NewsAsia
Hong Kong SAR
Thursday, 17 September 2009, 1909 hrs

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/imagegallery/store/phpPWLih3.jpg
Private residential homes in Hong Kong

Hong Kong's residential property prices have rebounded this year by up to 30%, despite continued economic uncertainty.

Consultants said the property market is disconnected from the wider economic reality, while economists warned that a property bubble has formed.

Developers attribute the rise to record-low mortgage costs, near-zero interest rates and tightened supply.

Consultants predict property transactions will be around 20% higher in 2009, compared to the previous year.

But they believe there is a disconnection between what's happening in the property sector and the real economy.

Some expect prices to plateau towards the end of 2009, and continue into 2010.

"At best, a plateau for 2010, perhaps even a dip. Nothing dramatic, but just an adjustment or correction as reality prevails, if you like ... as people realise that the potential could be more job losses, and people feel vulnerable in terms of their employment. These sort of things could affect sentiment in the market," said Nicholas Brooke, chairman of Professional Property Services Ltd.

Just this week, a local property agency announced it closed a sky-high deal on an apartment in a luxury development.

A Hong Kong businessman paid US$3.2 million for a 816-square foot apartment in the Masterpiece development in Kowloon district.

That is about US$3,850 psf - a record price for a one-bedroom apartment in Hong Kong.

Realtors said that's enough to buy a second-hand luxury flat with three bedrooms in the city's prime mid-levels area.

Economists warned that much of the prime property market has been buoyed by hot money from mainland buyers and investors, rather than end-users.

"There's already a bubble, no doubt about it. But whether or not the bubble will burst away soon, or whether the bubble still goes on for a while, that's the issue," said Raymond So, Finance Department, Chinese University.

The bubble is expected to burst once the hot money leaves the market, but when exactly that will happen is hard to predict.

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/images/cna_interactivemedia.gif
Property prices in Taipei skyrocketing
Christina Lo
Taiwan Correspondent
Channel NewsAsia
Taipei, Taiwan
Friday, 18 September 2009, 0028 hrs

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/imagegallery/store/phpqs2PCk.jpg
Taiwan property

"To Let" or "For Sale" signboards were everywhere in Taipei when the global financial crisis hit in the fourth quarter last year.

The real estate industry was among the most badly affected. Weak demand for residential property and office space also caused a sharp fall in prices.

But a year later, property prices in Taipei have skyrocketed, while home sales in the West are still experiencing a slump.

Professor Chang Chin-eh, Land Administration Department, National Chengchi University, said: "The financial crisis should have lowered housing prices. It actually did for a while, but large sums of capital kept coming in as everyone expected greater cross-strait relations."

Low interest rates have also boosted demand and attracted speculators to the property market.

"Houses have become popular investment tools. News reports encourage people to put money into housing market since the interest rate is low. So, the prices go up," said Prof Chang.

Residing in Metropolitan Taipei is not easy. A housing magazine's survey has showed that Taipei citizens will have to work over 23 years, without spending on eating or drinking, if they want to save up for a three-bedroom apartment.

A 100-square metre home costs about US$630,000 in the Taiwanese capital – a huge sum, considering that the average income of people in their early 30s is just over US$2,000 a month.

One said: "It's a huge gap. It's difficult to buy a house for a family that only makes US$1,600 per month."

"The rich will get richer. They have more chances to invest, but the middle-class might suffer from limited income," another added.

Prof Chang said: "You will become a mortgage slave if you buy an overpriced house. It's a heavy burden if you buy it. In Taiwan, there are too many over-consumption and over-investment. It's not healthy."

Property prices are expected to go up by another 20 to 30% in the next two to three years.

Analysts said if nothing is done about it, continued strong demand could lead to over-inflated prices, developing into a housing bubble.
That ex-owner lady bought a unit at $1,000psf even as she claimed the facing is lousy.

Just look at Hong Kong and Taiwan and you will know why she is undeterred by Minister Mah's latest actions.

She has no choice. Singapore has no choice. We have to follow the market.

jlrx
18-09-09, 18:10
That ex-owner lady bought a unit at $1,000psf even as she claimed the facing is lousy.

Just look at Hong Kong and Taiwan and you will know why she is undeterred by Minister Mah's latest actions.

She has no choice. Singapore has no choice. We have to follow the market.

You are right. Everyone has no choice now.

All the governments in the world have no choice but to lower interest rates and flood the market with money.

All the money have no choice but flow into the property market.

All of us have no choice but to keep buying properties otherwise the market will leave us behind.

All the governments have no choice but to keep emphasizing at the G20 summit that they have no choice but to continue flooding the market with more money because the "real economy" is still very sick.

So this property bubble has no choice but to grow bigger and bigger while the "real economy" gets sicker and sicker ...

And the the governments throughout the world have no choice but to keep pumping money into the sick "real economy" but instead the money is going into the property market.

There is something wrong ... similar to the Jobs Credit Scheme which is supposed to save jobs but now the money has ended up in guess what ...

Properties! :scared-4:

Allthepies
18-09-09, 18:52
buy property stocks better =) can immediately "flip" and keep the money:D

bargain hunter
19-09-09, 00:14
An agent sent me a message saying 2 bedrooms for phase 1 have been sold out and only some units left for 3 and 4 bedrooms. He also said phase 2 will be launched tomorrow at noon. Unbelievable. Really can clear 300 units in a day?!

proud owner
19-09-09, 00:22
An agent sent me a message saying 2 bedrooms for phase 1 have been sold out and only some units left for 3 and 4 bedrooms. He also said phase 2 will be launched tomorrow at noon. Unbelievable. Really can clear 300 units in a day?!

wow

thats it ... clear sign to me ...

STAY OUT

Property_Owner
19-09-09, 00:29
wow

thats it ... clear sign to me ...

STAY OUT

LOL. What had you told me. :D:D:D

dtrax
19-09-09, 00:32
according to my agent @ DTZ he claims the era had 300 checks on hand. If that is true and not including the checks by DTZ, that is not surprising

Looks like those who bot do not care whether the CEO tried to keep it below $1k psf.. they will still chiong to showrm to show support

Honesty
19-09-09, 00:34

Sigh..........Singaporean, Singaporean..........really super kiasu........never die before even after so many warning.........must wait untill bubble burst then happy.....sigh......

proud owner
19-09-09, 00:56
LOL. What had you told me. :D:D:D

i was planning to buy a small unit there ..becos i like the design and location (greenery) .. and the fact that the CEO said he would not be greedy ..

the way buyers are behaving .. is a clear sign to me .. when Aunties are chionging to buy .. i will stay out ... not that i thnk aunties are stupid , but simply becos i dont want to be part of a herd ..

i dont want to be a victim of a stampede ...

giving it a miss now ..

xtink
19-09-09, 00:59
maybe look at it this way lor.... u like the place and project very much (subjective here, so no right or wrong).... and hearing that the price would be ard 900psf you are happy, and coupled with the dampening news, you were actually hoping that there would be less people to compete with you...you hope you awaits enviously to get your dream home... but then you realised the truth is far from what you had imagined, what do you do? chiong arhhhhhh.....human nature... at the back of your mind you think your own analysis is wrong, so you make a change to your original decision to follow the herd whom you suppose now are probably more 'correct'.

well, me in no position to comment they are right or wrong... time will tell. if the mkt continues to chiong non-stop, those bears now will be obviously wrong, and vice versa.

Akin to those who thought the rally from STI 1300 points till almst 2700 now... i bet those bears at ard 2000 would be 'wrong' on hindsight now and probably have turned bull also...

proud owner
19-09-09, 01:15
maybe look at it this way lor.... u like the place and project very much (subjective here, so no right or wrong).... and hearing that the price would be ard 900psf you are happy, and coupled with the dampening news, you were actually hoping that there would be less people to compete with you...you hope you awaits enviously to get your dream home... but then you realised the truth is far from what you had imagined, what do you do? chiong arhhhhhh.....human nature... at the back of your mind you think your own analysis is wrong, so you make a change to your original decision to follow the herd whom you suppose now are probably more 'correct'.

well, me in no position to comment they are right or wrong... time will tell. if the mkt continues to chiong non-stop, those bears now will be obviously wrong, and vice versa.

Akin to those who thought the rally from STI 1300 points till almst 2700 now... i bet those bears at ard 2000 would be 'wrong' on hindsight now and probably have turned bull also...

well hard for me to explain or describe

just that i dislike crowd ...let alone follow others ..

i do feel mkt has gone too far ..

fact that poeple are chionging ..always turns me off and i wont want to be part of it ..

i did make some money in property .. i buy what i can afford and feel is value for money , location that i like , need not be prime ...

and yes last couple of years i made good money .. enouff for me ...

and all these times i never once follow the herd ..in fact i always turn away when there is crowd .. i did miss a few big moves but never regretted ..

my purchases were deemed lousy location, or cheap and no one likes .. .but i love them ..simply becos they are quiet .. serene .. and over the years many have agreed that they are indeed not bad location and last 2 yrs values are up almost 50 pct ..

so just me and me alone .. i may miss the big move .. but i am happy to walk away from herd behaviour .. it hasnt failed me .. at least i dont regret

Reporter
19-09-09, 01:54
according to my agent @ DTZ he claims the era had 300 checks on hand. If that is true and not including the checks by DTZ, that is not surprising

Looks like those who bot do not care whether the CEO tried to keep it below $1k psf.. they will still chiong to showrm to show support
Perhaps we should credit CEO Liew for keeping Interlace's pricing below Centro's?

As least Interlace has not hit $1,289psf yet!

Private Residential Units Sold in the Month of August 2009

Project Name ....... Locality . Units Sold In Month . Highest $psf . Median $psf . Lowest $psf
Centro Residences . OCR ....... 17 ......................... 1,289 ........... 1,231 ........... 1,134

bargain hunter
19-09-09, 10:40
actually 300 ERA cheques might have many duplicates for the "hotter" 2 bedrooms? Personally, I feel should only have sold 100+ or 200+ units yesterday but maybe by the end of this long weekend will clear off most of phase 1. Not sure how many they released but heard should be 300+ units so a sales number above 200+ should be quite good already given that there are many very very big units.

Just got some updates from another agent, there are still 9 2 bedroom units available which will be available for sale in 1 1/2 hours time:

the entire stack 26 #07 to #11 (north western most point of the development) nobody wants, $04-16, #11-27, #10-29 and #10-34 (the cheapest unit currently available at $1,059,600 or 1015psf). psf ranges from 1015 to 1089 and quantum from $1,059,600 to $1,124,200.

the guide pricing for units available and sold yesterday:

2 Bedrooms:#06-32 1302sqft $853psf to #12-18 807sqft $1170psf
3 Bedrooms:#02-15 3477sqft $662psf to #12-24 1259sqft $1094psf
3+1 Bedrooms: #02-36 3821sqft $650psf to #13-16 1604sqft $1050psf
4 Bedrooms: #06-31 5808sqft 580psf to #16-24 2099sqft $1059psf

Even though Mr. Liew disappointed most people, I feel the prices are not too unreasonable. The most expensive "budget" 1259 sq ft 3 bedder is 1.377m. The most expensive good sized 1,604 sq ft 3+1 is 1.684m and a few of these units come with pocketed seaview, so prices while expensive are not as exhorbitant as other projects after considering the good sizes.

the so-called phase 2 launch is clarified as only throwing in those units which the ex-gillman owners did not take up. So I guess total would remain as 300+ units launched this week.

actually, as there was no showroom or anything to see yesterday, not many buyers turned up. it was all agents ordely queuing up to get the units for their buyers. :)

Honesty
19-09-09, 11:09
Perhaps we should credit CEO Liew for keeping Interlace's pricing below Centro's?

As least Interlace has not hit $1,289psf yet!

Just b'cos Interlace priced just below record high Centro we have to give credit to CEO liew.

What logic is this !!!

But the Great thing is, there are still so many millionaires in Singapore.

Millionaires Chiong Ah..........BUY BUY BUY before all gone!!!!!

bargain hunter
19-09-09, 11:29
yeah, the number of millionaires in sg continues to baffle me.

i keep pondering whether the interlace has been priced "right". it seems like most of the units were kept below 1100psf so i think for more normal sized units the psf would be between 900 to 1100psf. if we build in a deserved big discount from Caribbean @ Keppel Bay where Keppel Land is selling "used" units at $1300psf and above, the discount seems "enough" to attract buyers. you get a brand new product in 4 or 5 years time and can slowly save up to make the progressive payment, yet there is no "new project" premium.

Just b'cos Interlace priced just below record high Centro we have to give credit to CEO liew.

What logic is this !!!

teddybear
19-09-09, 13:31
I thought the Big bubble only just burst 1 year ago? No air in the bubble how to burst again so fast? Would probably take another 5 years or more before the bubble is large enough to burst (else what is there to burst)?

Sigh..........Singaporean, Singaporean..........really super kiasu........never die before even after so many warning.........must wait untill bubble burst then happy.....sigh......

dtrax
19-09-09, 13:38
Honestly speaking, I was expecting the 3/4bedders (other than units with big balconies/patio ) to be priced more reasonably i.e below $1k psf.. I dun understand why muz compare to Centro in fact I would consider that as an outliner for anything by FEO since its always 20-30% higher, further more it is in an entirely different location. Given a choice I would rather get places like One-North with better prospects and at least places with shopping centres/amenities nearby or in tiong bahru.

If die die muz buy would rather w8 and pay slightly more for better views and layouts

dtrax
19-09-09, 13:40

What logic is this !!!

Where got need millionaire to buy million dollar condo? I tot juz need 200k downpayment, borrow 80%, pray hard dun get fired and reduce lifestyle to bread n water everyday?

Honesty
19-09-09, 13:55
Where got need millionaire to buy million dollar condo? I tot juz need 200k downpayment, borrow 80%, pray hard dun get fired and reduce lifestyle to bread n water everyday?

You are right man, I will save every of my single cent to live in my dream container.........

And look like a miilionaire.........

maisonjai
19-09-09, 16:26
if this project is doing well, it goes to show that removal of IAS has not effect. So much talk about filtering marginal buyers, there are still lots of buyers wanting to fill up the 31 containers.

cheerful
19-09-09, 16:36
yeah, the number of millionaires in sg continues to baffle me.

i keep pondering whether the interlace has been priced "right". it seems like most of the units were kept below 1100psf so i think for more normal sized units the psf would be between 900 to 1100psf. if we build in a deserved big discount from Caribbean @ Keppel Bay where Keppel Land is selling "used" units at $1300psf and above, the discount seems "enough" to attract buyers. you get a brand new product in 4 or 5 years time and can slowly save up to make the progressive payment, yet there is no "new project" premium.

U can think that way lah, then it does sound like this is not ex lor .... ut those two nearer to MRT (or IR) rite? Yah, no new project premium hor (can aruge like tt lah), but all got abit of "sea view" ... :D
This comparison at least makes more sense than comparing Interlace with Centro ... where got the same? Centro even if got mrt so wat ... still further from town compared to this one rite? :p

cheerful
19-09-09, 16:37
if this project is doing well, it goes to show that removal of IAS has not effect. So much talk about filtering marginal buyers, there are still lots of buyers wanting to fill up the 31 containers.

Errr... think this one got IAS leh .. same as 100 Trees which a Hutton agent juz buzz me to confirm wor =)

cheerful
19-09-09, 16:38

LOL ... like the way u describe it .. MENTALITY ;)

andy
19-09-09, 16:39
Errr... think this one got IAS leh .. same as 100 Trees which a Hutton agent juz buzz me to confirm wor =)

IAS or not, it does not matter as along as the buyers feel that 1000psf is reasonable. At least it does not cost more than Trevista or Centro:)

cheerful
19-09-09, 16:40
IAS or not, it does not matter as along as the buyers feel that 1000psf is reasonable. At least it does not cost more than Trevista or Centro:)

Indeed ... tt's why don't even need to compare with Centro mah.

andy
19-09-09, 16:41

Are these people buying earning 8K or 15K household income?

Reporter
19-09-09, 16:41
Marina Bay Residences Hits $2,500 psf

In the Marina Bay area, transactions at Marina Bay Residences have once again reached stratospheric levels, with prices returning to levels seen in 2H2007. Sub-sales of units at Marina Bay Residences have steadily crept up from a low of $1,433 psf in April to a high of $2,500 psf in August. This is the highest price per square foot achieved not just in 2009 but since May last year, when a 3,961 sq ft penthouse on the 52nd floor changed hands for $10.7 million, or $2,700 psf.

The 55-storey, 428-unit luxury residential tower is part of the first phase of the Marina Bay Financial Centre (MBFC), a multi-billion-dollar mixed-use development jointly built by the consortium of Keppel Land, Hongkong Land and Cheung Kong (Holdings). When the 99-year upmarket condominium first previewed in December 2006, all the units were snapped up at an average price of $1,850 psf within days without the need for an official launch.

In June and July, three units at Tower One of The Sail had been transacted for around $2,500 psf. A 1,776 sq ft, 67th-floor apartment was sold in July for $4.53 million, or $2,549 psf, which was the highest price psf achieved this year. The other two transactions were in June: a 936 sq ft apartment went for $2.34 million, or $2,499 psf, and a 2,174 sq ft unit changed hands for close to $5.48 million, or $2,520 psf. This is in stark contrast to early this year when sentiment was still weak and transactions from February to April saw the prices of some units plummeting to levels below $1,200 psf.
Now we know why CEO Liew tried hard to keep Interlace's pricing between $1,000psf to $1,300psf.

He is making every effort to ensure it is no more than half of MBR's.

august
19-09-09, 17:05

trevista and centro prices cannot be used as market benchmarks one, doing so will make ppl think oh 1k psf is soooooooo reasonable..

maisonjai
19-09-09, 17:11
trevista and centro prices cannot be used as market benchmarks one, doing so will make ppl think oh 1k psf is soooooooo reasonable..

they using Metropolitan & Ascentia Aky as reference?

maisonjai
19-09-09, 17:22

huh? i thought immediate effect? :confused: MBT statement doesn't include Trees & Containers?
http://forums.condosingapore.com/showthread.php?t=8276

bargain hunter
19-09-09, 21:06
I just checked out the place where they put that big Interlace model. 200+ units sold for 430 units available for sale. Don't feel it is too hot but for units that are so big, i think the sale is pretty good already considering last monday's announcement. THERE IS NO IAS AVAILABLE FOR THIS PROJECT. 2 bedrooms are indeed almost all taken up.

bargain hunter
19-09-09, 21:41
hehehe, interlace is nearer to the sea and both the IRs than those 2. the other thing is although nearer to mrt, those 2 are near hdb heartlands. there are not so many hdb blocks near interlace AND land area divide by number of units already cannot compete. those 2 sitting on such small plots of land and have such small (maybe uncomfortable sized) units.

i would say this is ex but still reasonable. at least not as crazy as the other 2.

U can think that way lah, then it does sound like this is not ex lor .... ut those two nearer to MRT (or IR) rite? Yah, no new project premium hor (can aruge like tt lah), but all got abit of "sea view" ... :D
This comparison at least makes more sense than comparing Interlace with Centro ... where got the same? Centro even if got mrt so wat ... still further from town compared to this one rite? :p

andy
19-09-09, 21:46
I just checked out the place where they put that big Interlace model. 200+ units sold for 430 units available for sale. Don't feel it is too hot but for units that are so big, i think the sale is pretty good already considering last monday's announcement. THERE IS NO IAS AVAILABLE FOR THIS PROJECT. 2 bedrooms are indeed almost all taken up.

Most of the early released units are near the ayer rajah expressway, correct?

The site is over 800,000 sqft. This is a massive development, like a residential city with its own retail shops...3 tennis+1 multipurpose courts;)

I wonder how it feels to live in a such a big site development with over 1000 units. Is there anyone who can share any similar experiences

19-09-09, 22:17

The site is over 800,000 sqft. This is a massive development, like a residential city with its own retail shops...3 tennis+1 multipurpose courts;)

I wonder how it feels to live in a such a big site development with over 1000 units. Is there anyone who can share any similar experiences

big projects got its cons...i.e. 1000 over households sharing the pool?:tsk-tsk:

isaaclim
19-09-09, 22:20
hehehe, interlace is nearer to the sea and both the IRs than those 2. the other thing is although nearer to mrt, those 2 are near hdb heartlands. there are not so many hdb blocks near interlace AND land area divide by number of units already cannot compete. those 2 sitting on such small plots of land and have such small (maybe uncomfortable sized) units.

i would say this is ex but still reasonable. at least not as crazy as the other 2.

In Singapore context, anythings more then 2km is consider "far".

It is a good project for own stay provided it is not those block next to AYE. For investment, HBL is not doing very well lately.

bargain hunter
19-09-09, 22:28
yeah, below 1k would be attractive. then again, these high floor units with pocketed seaview (without big balconies/patio) are priced at "only" slightly above the psychologically important 1kpsf. in effect, maybe only 5% more if you can stomach that. :)

Honestly speaking, I was expecting the 3/4bedders (other than units with big balconies/patio ) to be priced more reasonably i.e below $1k psf.. I dun understand why muz compare to Centro in fact I would consider that as an outliner for anything by FEO since its always 20-30% higher, further more it is in an entirely different location. Given a choice I would rather get places like One-North with better prospects and at least places with shopping centres/amenities nearby or in tiong bahru.

If die die muz buy would rather w8 and pay slightly more for better views and layouts

bargain hunter
19-09-09, 22:36
the quality of life of people staying at caribbean with almost 1000 units seem to be doing quite ok it seems. $ value also keeps appreciating.

actually, i checked out gillman heights and was surprised to find that alexander road facing is actually more noisy than AYE! Alexander road has a traffic light junction and is uphill. when the lorries accelerate up the slope, I could hear the loud noise from 10th floor which is about mid floor. AYE could only hear light humming. Between noisy Alexander Road + tennis + basketball court with west sun but with greenery view and "light humming" AYE, north east facing with open view, I'd rather pick the AYE hee. Lesser of 2 evils but i think down to personal preference.

jlrx
19-09-09, 22:37
huh? i thought immediate effect? :confused: MBT statement doesn't include Trees & Containers?
http://forums.condosingapore.com/showthread.php?t=8276

You are right. The recent policy changes do not affect the following:

trees, containers, pavilions, watermarks, rivergates etc.

http://kcgardens.kansascity.com/files/images/bonsai.thumbnail.jpghttp://blog.pricegrabber.co.uk/chefshopper/files/2009/01/lock-lock-containers.thumbnail.jpghttp://www.venus-group.co.uk/Images/Axminster-pavilion_Belmont0.jpg
Pavilion

http://www.thejimmyrexteam.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/11/kw-script-logo-for-watermark.thumbnail.jpghttp://www.jhubbardandson.co.uk/images/products/swinging%20river%20gate.gif

Watermark..............................Rivergate

bargain hunter
19-09-09, 22:42
yup, my conversation with cheerful was with regards to why other people are comparing centro/trevista with interlace. anyway, free shuttle provided for 5 years to vivocity. still couldn't convince myself to buy though. 800+k for a small 2 bedder a bit hard to stomach, let alone 1m+ for the bigger 2 bedder!

In Singapore context, anythings more then 2km is consider "far".

It is a good project for own stay provided it is not those block next to AYE. For investment, HBL is not doing very well lately.

bargain hunter
19-09-09, 22:44
suddenly, pavillion becomes the number 1 choice project :cheers4:

http://kcgardens.kansascity.com/files/images/bonsai.thumbnail.jpghttp://blog.pricegrabber.co.uk/chefshopper/files/2009/01/lock-lock-containers.thumbnail.jpghttp://www.venus-group.co.uk/Images/Axminster-pavilion_Belmont0.jpg
Pavilion

http://www.thejimmyrexteam.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/11/kw-script-logo-for-watermark.thumbnail.jpghttp://www.jhubbardandson.co.uk/images/products/swinging%20river%20gate.gif

Watermark..............................Rivergate

mcmlxxvi
19-09-09, 22:45
LOL!!!!!!! :doh:

maisonjai
19-09-09, 23:12

http://kcgardens.kansascity.com/files/images/bonsai.thumbnail.jpg

haha ur this tree looks funny, i would think in the morning it will stand straight....101 Trees...should use this as a door gift during VIP preview. :p

teddybear
19-09-09, 23:45
$15k household can afford $3.3m property (the last time I calculated). These will go for core Orchard properties.

Are these people buying earning 8K or 15K household income?

xebay11
20-09-09, 00:01
$15k household can afford $3.3m property (the last time I calculated). These will go for core Orchard properties.

Are you sure?

dtrax
20-09-09, 00:16

Ya how u calculate one? Assuming 30% of monthly pay, take 80% loan for 30yrs.. should be around >1.5m < 2.5m

jlrx
20-09-09, 00:17
haha ur this tree looks funny, i would think in the morning it will stand straight....101 Trees...should use this as a door gift during VIP preview. :p

http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn211/jlrx_bucket/bonsai_thumbnail2.jpg

bargain hunter
20-09-09, 00:35
http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn211/jlrx_bucket/bonsai_thumbnail2.jpg

OMG:banana:

teddybear
20-09-09, 00:48
Ops, can't find my calculator now. Think I taking 35%-40% monthly pay (treating property as investment).

Ya how u calculate one? Assuming 30% of monthly pay, take 80% loan for 30yrs.. should be around >1.5m < 2.5m

zimmer
20-09-09, 01:44
Ops, can't find my calculator now. Think I taking 35%-40% monthly pay (treating property as investment).

Are your calculations based on 3-4% interest? Had a friend who bought property in Australia, when the rates went up to almost 9% before the economic downturn, he almost literally 'tng-kor'. No entertainment, no eating out was the minimum.

kal
20-09-09, 07:40
thats one of the main reason the whole world like to buy properties in Singapore. Bank interest super low !!

bargain hunter
20-09-09, 09:16
An agent told me there will be a final release of 2 bedroom units at 10am this morning. After that, there will be no more release of 2 bedrooms until the showflat is up in February 2010.

xebay11
20-09-09, 09:39
An agent told me there will be a final release of 2 bedroom units at 10am this morning. After that, there will be no more release of 2 bedrooms until the showflat is up in February 2010.

Why Feb 2010? to coincide with IR opening?

bargain hunter
20-09-09, 10:08
the showroom is only under construction now and will only be up in Feb 2010! :doh: People buying now are buying off plan and one impressive model, i must say, located opposite The Cosmopolitan at River Valley Road. :scared-4:

Why Feb 2010? to coincide with IR opening?

DW
20-09-09, 10:36
Talk to the guys staying in caribbean, you will know. Caribbean is sitting on a land area in excess of 1 MILLION square feet with its own 24-hour 7-11 outlet in the basement carpark with 969 units.

august
20-09-09, 10:38

No showflat? What are people basing their purchase on? Drawings? Got model?
aiyooo...

Honesty
20-09-09, 10:44
thats one of the main reason the whole world like to buy properties in Singapore. Bank interest super low !!

Not true, I encounter 7% before in 1996.

The mortgage loan went up from 4% to 7% just within one year.

From $3,500 per month to $4,400 per month, no joke....

Buyers pls take this into your consideration before your purchase.

Now is only 1.5% to 2%, near future.....????

teddybear
20-09-09, 10:57
Based on interest rate 2.5% which you can get fixed for 3 years to counter interest rate fluctuations. If you go for SIBOR the rate is even lower.

Are your calculations based on 3-4% interest? Had a friend who bought property in Australia, when the rates went up to almost 9% before the economic downturn, he almost literally 'tng-kor'. No entertainment, no eating out was the minimum.

teddybear
20-09-09, 11:01
7% but last how long? Usually it is only a short period otherwise you sure see recession (which anyway occurs in late 1997 and rates fall to super low thereafter). So average out over a 10 years period may be still about 4%?

amk
20-09-09, 11:11
I wonder how it feels to live in a such a big site development with over 1000 units.
u know in HK there are plenty of projects that have 2000, 3000, even 5000 units :) that's a whole town, complete with a club membership. From HK standard, 1000 units is chicken feet lah! :) (although personally I dun like too many units either. 3-4** is the right number for me; and hopefully it can have per unit >1000 sqft land so not so crowdy)

personally I find this project not so atrocious in pricing. barely 1k for 2bd, <900 for larger units. The view is quite good. Just the TOP date too far for me. 6ys later.

Honesty
20-09-09, 11:30
u know in HK there are plenty of projects that have 2000, 3000, even 5000 units :) that's a whole town, complete with a club membership. From HK standard, 1000 units is chicken feet lah! :) (although personally I dun like too many units either. 3-4** is the right number for me; and hopefully it can have per unit >1000 sqft land so not so crowdy)

personally I find this project not so atrocious in pricing. barely 1k for 2bd, <900 for larger units. The view is quite good. Just the TOP date too far for me. 6ys later.

Ya, you are right, for big project like this I think it take more than 6 years to build.

But for this 99 years project i think the buyers will "lu gee". By the time the TOP left maybe 92 years.

andy
20-09-09, 13:02

No way man... which bank lends you more the 30% of your income for monthly repayment.... are you an agent?;)

NoodyGirl
20-09-09, 13:55
after persistent fone calls from agents etc went to see the so called showflat today

sad to say its such a poorly organized event

and that that Capitaland is trying to offload very bad facing units out 1st

I noticed as well that agents are trying to play things up by having most of the tables (for negotiations) filled up
I walked closer and realize its a dummy act
not many discussing loans or taking out cheques

looks like this project is the 2nd to feel the anti-spec pain

it wont do well

dtrax
20-09-09, 13:58
after persistent fone calls from agents etc went to see the so called showflat today

So obvious already... if they busy nego or collecting checks where got time to keep calling u unless the [male] agent has interest in you :D

tamp81
20-09-09, 13:58
When no one wants to lend US any more money, then rates will have no choice but to move up. I think all buyers need to budget for the time when interest rates are no longer below 2%. Either we pray that US doesn't recover so soon and Fed keeps interest low, otherwise, with the strong rally in share price, it seems one should expect rates to move higher earlier than later.

teddybear
20-09-09, 14:53
Actually can afford $5m also. See, the tactic is buy 1 $3m property for renting out, get the rental. Buy another $2m for own stay. Because $3m is self-paying from rental & bank will consider that as such, so the person's actual instalment is for the $2m property which to the bank becomes easily affordable. That is how people get rich playing properties (and how businesses and property developers earn so much money by leveraging). Without leverage, no way anybody can earn so much money (especially if the person has limited capital).

No way man... which bank lends you more the 30% of your income for monthly repayment.... are you an agent?;)

andy
20-09-09, 15:14
Actually can afford $5m also. See, the tactic is buy 1 $3m property for renting out, get the rental. Buy another $2m for own stay. Because $3m is self-paying from rental & bank will consider that as such, so the person's actual instalment is for the $2m property which to the bank becomes easily affordable. That is how people get rich playing properties (and how businesses and property developers earn so much money by leveraging). Without leverage, no way anybody can earn so much money (especially if the person has limited capital).

Lehman brothers also leveraged maybe 50 or 100 times. See what happens when things go wrong.....Dangerous to play this way if it is your money. Cannot rent and no job, you will lose 1m when banks reposseses both properties.

blackswan
20-09-09, 15:27
7% but last how long? Usually it is only a short period otherwise you sure see recession (which anyway occurs in late 1997 and rates fall to super low thereafter). So average out over a 10 years period may be still about 4%?

Bro Honesty is right. Just ask our parents in 96 - 97 what is the TD rate.....at least 6%. And if you do a BTMM SI on Bloomeberg and right click on SOR (it is the more relevant rate instead of SIBOR IMHO) GPC, change the date to around July/Sep of 2001 (that's the earliest I can stretch) and you can see interest rate can spike up from below 1% to over 3.5%/4% over a period of 3 - 3.5 years. Factor in the spread over SOR and we will know how much more we need to pay.

jonleelk
20-09-09, 16:30
When I was checking with citibank a few months ago, they are willing to lend upto 50% monthly pay for installment for own stay property, assuming currently u don't have any outstanding loan at all.

cheerful
20-09-09, 16:57

hahaaa ... funny pix ... well the article which someone shared said this:
"The only exception will be uncompleted private residential projects where units had already been offered for sale under IAS before Sept 14."
But it seems like bargainhunter got news that Interlace not offering IAS - so it depends on the developer lor. For 100 Trees got lah :o

cheerful
20-09-09, 17:00

How big are the 2 bedders huh? Maybe they waiting to sell all so by then no need to build showflats liao lor ... where got take so loooong to build showflat one :confused:

NoodyGirl
20-09-09, 21:12
So obvious already... if they busy nego or collecting checks where got time to keep calling u unless the [male] agent has interest in you :D

little kid dun sprout nonsense from your little brain

Interlace sales is so bad

everyone knows that

amk
20-09-09, 22:14
And if you do a BTMM SI on Bloomeberg and right click on SOR (it is the more relevant rate instead of SIBOR IMHO) GPC, change the date to around July/Sep of 2001 (that's the earliest I can stretch)
bro this is not the way you check history quotes. you should do

SORF3M Index GPO D

and you can get as early as you want.

I just check from 1999 to 2009. The peak is at 29/6/06 at 3.96815 and it lasted a few days. For the same period, Sibor3M peak at 3.5.

You also should remember in the past, there is no sibor/sor pegged package. All are at the mercy of bank's "board rate", which they can charge whatever they want. Now with DBS doing NS helped to start the transparent sibor/sor linked package, with a 100bps spread you should at most be doing 4-5%. I'm more inclined with teddybear's reasoning: 7% rate is not impossible, but that won't be something that last. And if that happens, I'd imagine the STI will be at 4000. There are other things to worry by then. For now, budgeting with a 4/5% interest for mortgage is prudent. But if you are budgeting with 7%, you simply dun have the capacity for risk taking, and should stay out of this pty business altogether.

bargain hunter
20-09-09, 23:22
the showroom is only under construction now and will only be up in Feb 2010! :doh: People buying now are buying off plan and one impressive model, i must say, located opposite The Cosmopolitan at River Valley Road. :scared-4:

No showflat? What are people basing their purchase on? Drawings? Got model?
aiyooo...

bargain hunter
20-09-09, 23:27
at least they tried to maximise already, 99 year lease started in feb 2009.

someone told me it will take at least 40 months to build. given that the temporary leases of gillman heights run to early 2010, tearing down and building it will indeed last to the very earliest late 2013 and latest early 2015, very hard to estimate when exactly it will TOP given the scale of the project.

Ya, you are right, for big project like this I think it take more than 6 years to build.

But for this 99 years project i think the buyers will "lu gee". By the time the TOP left maybe 92 years.

Property_Owner
20-09-09, 23:31

Reminds me of the old days:doh:.
Pal, you remember e CEO then? :doh:
But I live through, good times or bad times:)

jlrx
20-09-09, 23:39
Bro Honesty is right. Just ask our parents in 96 - 97 what is the TD rate.....at least 6%. And if you do a BTMM SI on Bloomeberg and right click on SOR (it is the more relevant rate instead of SIBOR IMHO) GPC, change the date to around July/Sep of 2001 (that's the earliest I can stretch) and you can see interest rate can spike up from below 1% to over 3.5%/4% over a period of 3 - 3.5 years. Factor in the spread over SOR and we will know how much more we need to pay.

1996-97 was quite recent, how come must "ask our parents"? I think blackswan may be quite young ...

The hyperinflationary period of the early 1970's, when both inflation and interest rates were in the double digits, was also a time when property prices shot through the roof.

Mortgage rate reached 12% p.a. but then property prices were going up like 20% per year! :scared-4:

That was the first "explosion" that launched our family up a few notches, just because we own 2 prime-district apartments worth $100,000 each! (haha ... so cheap!) :ashamed1:

So if another round of hyperinflation comes, it may not be such a bad thing.

Let's say interest rate returns to double digits e.g. 12%, and property price rises again at 20% per year.

In another 20 years, my properties will go up another 38 times.

Wow! I'll be worth a few hundred million! I'll make it to the Forbes Rich List! :spliff:

But then if that happens, the minimum sum to qualify for Forbes will probably be raised to $ 10 billion. :(

andy
20-09-09, 23:40

Heard Phase 1 is almost all gone.

Does anyone know if the 2 BRs released today are all taken as this will be the last lot of 2 BRs for this year.

bargain hunter
20-09-09, 23:41
at the gillman heights site, i saw a huge construction for the giant showflat. not sure what they will be including in there but i believe need not include 2 bedders which are flying off the shelves. not sure if the bigger units are selling as well though, i doubt so, commitment is too big. the tiny 2 bedders are 807sq ft and cost around 900k, those are gone the moment they are released. what surprises me is that the bigger 2 bedders are around 1055sq ft and priced at around 1.1m. i am surprised that those are selling well too. capitaland was going to offer IAS at 4 to 5% premium anyway (because the period is so long between now and TOP) so they probably thought its a good chance to do away with it as buyers won't be too keen to pay a 4% premium anyway. And they can show govt linked company very guai, comply with the new rules even though they did not need to. :)

How big are the 2 bedders huh? Maybe they waiting to sell all so by then no need to build showflats liao lor ... where got take so loooong to build showflat one :confused:

bargain hunter
20-09-09, 23:49
don't understand why you are shooting poor dtrax. he is agreeing with u!

i, however, disagree. i know for sure that at least 200 to 300 units have already been sold in the past week since the ex-gillman owners' big hoo-ha. i feel that that is impressive because there is no showflat! i am as disappointed as you are when i went to the 'showflat' to find nothing much to see except that big model. :D other people don't seem to care though. i think sales will slow from next week though as they have run out of 2 bedrooms to sell. now left with all the 3 bedrooms and above which are not very "affordable". there is no point debating this here. watch for capitaland's announcement, if they do decide to do one, on Tuesday, after this long weekend's sales. :)

little kid dun sprout nonsense from your little brain

Interlace sales is so bad

everyone knows that

bargain hunter
20-09-09, 23:52
i am not sure about the take up rate but have been told that this is really the final release for 2 bedrooms till next year. i think they have sold too many 2 bedrooms vs the bigger units so there is already imbalance. they will probably wait for better sales of 3 and 4 bedroom units before selling any more 2 bedrooms and i believe they will indeed need to wait till next year before the 3 and 4 bedders in the same blocks as the 2 bedders to be cleared. LOL.

Heard Phase 1 is almost all gone.

Does anyone know if the 2 BRs released today are all taken as this will be the last lot of 2 BRs for this year.

proppop1
21-09-09, 12:53
Hi all, new in this forum, just wondering all of you seem informed. even know how the sale result, believe most r agents or seasoned property investors. Nice to know all. Cheers

bargain hunter
21-09-09, 13:32
welcome to the forum proppop1! i think most of us discussing actively here are probably not agents. agents are quite busy people these days you know (whether their efforts translate to sales or not is another thing). :) there are many seasoned investors here or just a small time property buyer like myself. most of the info i get from agents whom i have known for quite some time so i feel i can trust these select few. the rest of the info is pretty transparent public information from www.ura.gov.sg (http://www.ura.gov.sg) and newspapers like Business Times, Straits Times and Channel News Asia website.

Hi all, new in this forum, just wondering all of you seem informed. even know how the sale result, believe most r agents or seasoned property investors. Nice to know all. Cheers

Reporter
22-09-09, 10:23
http://www.straitstimes.com/STI/STIMEDIA/common/mast_home.gif
Private homes still seeing high demand
Jessica Cheam
The Straits Times
Tuesday, 22 September 2009

Demand for private homes remained strong over the weekend despite measures announced by the Government last week to take the froth off
the market.

Property developers CapitaLand and Hotel Properties said yesterday that 233 units - or 65% - of 360 units launched at The Interlace project, at the former Gillman Heights site in Alexandra Road, were sold in the past week.

A wide range of units from two-roomers to penthouses were sold at a price range of $850 per sq ft (psf) to $1,150 psf.
Does that mean Interface is doing fine?

ksh
22-09-09, 10:53

Pent up demand lah, the only way to prick this bubble ( if any )
is to raise interest rate...:scared-1:

teddybear
22-09-09, 10:58
But raise rate and all die together, including all the businesses & companies out there, especially the SMEs (& gone also the taxes from companies' profits and even higher unemployment rate). Don't think the rate will rise anytime soon (probably at least another year or more).

andy
22-09-09, 11:27

It's a mistake to sell gov't land at high prices which eventually push up the price of public housing to that close to private properties.

This coupled with near zero interest rate and when you have 20% deposit as cash+cpf and do not want to risk your cash in stocks or currency market it leads to artificial demand... not pent up demand:scared-1:

Squall8888
22-09-09, 12:33
Actually, it was the Government intention to let property prices go up. If assets don't appreciate, then your hard earned money put where? Minibonds? The reason to let to go up is because more than 90% of Singaporeans has a property, be it HDB or private. If property doesn't go up, then Singaporeans do have a problem retiring and it is the Government problem. So Government don't want that to happen and thus, let the prices appreciate. This is what PM Lee said during the ND rally. The idea is to make sure every Singaporean get a house and slowly, the prices will go up and every Singaporean has an appreciating asset.

Allthepies
22-09-09, 12:44
Actually, it was the Government intention to let property prices go up. If assets don't appreciate, then your hard earned money put where? Minibonds? The reason to let to go up is because more than 90% of Singaporeans has a property, be it HDB or private. If property doesn't go up, then Singaporeans do have a problem retiring and it is the Government problem. So Government don't want that to happen and thus, let the prices appreciate. This is what PM Lee said during the ND rally. The idea is to make sure every Singaporean get a house and slowly, the prices will go up and every Singaporean has an appreciating asset.

You are right. Actually, I don't think anybody is against the idea of appreciating property. But, like you say, it should slowly (or maybe moderately) appreciate. IMHO, most people who are "so called against" appreciation are not saying that property should not appreciate at all. But, probably for the idea that the appreciation should be slower. Question is not about should rise or not. It should rise. But how fast? Is it sustainable?

andy
22-09-09, 12:54
Question is not about should rise or not. It should rise. But how fast? Is it sustainable?

Correct:cheers6:

It does not help when gov't release more land and developers even overbid the second highest bid by more than 30%. What does this tell the public about the price of future developments?

mcmlxxvi
22-09-09, 13:17
We should all see it coming when AMK goes at 1200psf, and Balestier 1400psf.

Soon, nothing new will be below 2000psf...

proud owner
22-09-09, 13:31

It does not help when gov't release more land and developers even overbid the second highest bid by more than 30%. What does this tell the public about the price of future developments?

many years ago someone outbid the 2nd highest by alot... to build a club at Dunearn .. cost too high , so they sold more memberships ..in the end kana sued ...

same thing here

bid too high .. to recoup cost ..they build many many tiny units and charge high high psf ...

in the case developer wont kana sued but the buyers become fool themselves ...

august
22-09-09, 13:59

it tells us to take note of those bids and when they are launched dun go in blindly hahaha :D

blackswan
22-09-09, 14:11
bro this is not the way you check history quotes. you should do

SORF3M Index GPO D

and you can get as early as you want.

I just check from 1999 to 2009. The peak is at 29/6/06 at 3.96815 and it lasted a few days. For the same period, Sibor3M peak at 3.5.

You also should remember in the past, there is no sibor/sor pegged package. All are at the mercy of bank's "board rate", which they can charge whatever they want. Now with DBS doing NS helped to start the transparent sibor/sor linked package, with a 100bps spread you should at most be doing 4-5%. I'm more inclined with teddybear's reasoning: 7% rate is not impossible, but that won't be something that last. And if that happens, I'd imagine the STI will be at 4000. There are other things to worry by then. For now, budgeting with a 4/5% interest for mortgage is prudent. But if you are budgeting with 7%, you simply dun have the capacity for risk taking, and should stay out of this pty business altogether.

Have uploaded a pic on the 3m SOR.

Believe another way to look at this is that from the low of mid Jun 03, the rate climbed all the way to 3.96815% as you had mention. But the climb is for 3 years and as per the uploaded graph (mid 03 to mid 06), the rate stay around 3.5% for a good one year (yes, the rate only stay at 3.96815% for 1 day).

SOR3MF is doing at 0.4983% and assuming 1% spread charge by the bank(sorry me not familiar with those SOR/SIBOR packages, I stand to be corrected), so interest on loan is 1.4983% and for a 30yr loan, monthly pymt is $ 4140.46.

Assuming rates climb back to just 3.5% (not to 3.96815%), for a same bank spread and tenure, the pymt come to $6080.22 which is an increased of $1,939.76 which is an increased of 46.85%.

Also, we are assuming banks always maintain a 1% (or any fixed spread as per current practise) spread whether SOR3MF is at sub 1% or at 3.5%, though I seriously dun think so. Those whom have these package can go through your loan doc to verify.

Also we are assuming we are not at risk of losing our job when rates climb to that level, nor is the bank knocking on our door to top up our loan due to lower valuation of our property.

But maybe its just in me as per my nick, always worried about blackswan event......2 cents worth.

Have a great week ahead.

Reporter
22-09-09, 14:27
http://i2.propertyguru.com.sg/images/ps/logo.png
Despite IAS ban, sales still solid at Interlace
PropertyGuru.com.sg
Tuesday, 22 September 2009

The Singaporean Government's proclamation last week that bans the IAS or interest absorption scheme and Tuesday’s rowdy-to-say-the-least preview did little to weaken The Interlace’s sales.

“We didn't expect the scrapping of the IAS to affect us very much, because a very small percentage of buyers opt for it in general, about 5 to 7%,” said Patricia Chia, the CEO at CapitaLand Residential Singapore, during yesterday’s sales briefing.

At The Wharf Residence, another of CapitaLand's projects, less than 5% of home buyers took up the IAS which was scrapped by the government Monday last week in a bid to offset excessive speculation in the property market.

The Interlace, an architectural marvel of a condo located at Depot Road, has 31 blocks with six storeys each. A total of 153 flats were offered to former residents Gillman Heights during the $1.4 billion, 1041-unit condominium's first-day preview. Gillman Heights will be demolished to accommodate The Interlace.

The continuity of the preview was temporarily marred by a dramatic shouting session when former Gillman residents voiced their sentiments regarding the en bloc deal. They claimed that the developers were offering them the worst units with very poor facings in the 99-year leasehold project, and that the prices were excessively high.

However, CapitaLand maintained that units facing the pool and HortPark with sizes ranging from 800 square feet to 5,800 sqft were offered.

To date, there have been a total of 233 flats sold, and 5 out of the 18 penthouse units released have been transacted. The biggest penthouse, which is priced at $5 million, is 5,877 sqft in size. The two- and three-room units, which are priced from $850 psf to about $1,150 psf, are the best-sellers thus far.

The 99-year lease development, which is situated on a site that spans 8 hectares and was designed by Ole Schereen, will acquire its temporary occupation permit some time in 2015.

This will mark the first time that CapitaLand Singapore will manage a project of this scale.

“We felt that our condominium management would be able to offer a value-add to the development,” Chia said.

The management plan includes an offer for a complimentary shuttle service to the MRT station nearest the condo. The service will last throughout the first five years.

The project is distinctive due its architectural design: hexagonally arranged apartments set on top of each other creating eight a total of courtyards of parks, ponds, pools and gardens. Over the last couple of years, the Interlace’s sales process had been filled with tension as a minority of the owners stood against the $548 million deal.

In February 2009, Singapore’s Court of Appeal dismissed the minority owners’ last attempt to oppose the sale.
Hi 5!

5 penthouses sold!
$5M penthouse sold too!