PDA

View Full Version : Is Tao Nan Primary Sch gonna relocate in near future?

BensonLim
30-09-09, 12:52
Hi, anyone knows whether Taonan Pri will relocate to another place. I heard from my friend, whose children is studying in Taonan. He said that the principal recently mentioned the school compound has maxed out. And they need more rooms for expansion. And they are currently on double session.

According to MOE's plan, they are pushing for all pri schs to go for single session within next few years. So for Taonan to cater for single session, I guess they might have to move.

Rumour they going Tampines. Anyone knows more about this issue? Can verify?

Jazzer
30-09-09, 14:08
Hi, anyone knows whether Taonan Pri will relocate to another place. I heard from my friend, whose children is studying in Taonan. He said that the principal recently mentioned the school compound has maxed out. And they need more rooms for expansion. And they are currently on double session.

According to MOE's plan, they are pushing for all pri schs to go for single session within next few years. So for Taonan to cater for single session, I guess they might have to move.

Why don't you call MOE or the Principal to vertify... all you will hear in this forum are rumours and hearsay anyway....

terence
30-09-09, 16:12
Why don't you call MOE or the Principal to vertify... all you will hear in this forum are rumours and hearsay anyway....

Unlikely that they will move. If so, by now they would have already announced it. Likely they will do as what Ai Tong will be doing, tear down half the premises and build higher floors.

sealover
30-09-09, 19:45
I heard that from many forums. But probably like most schools do, move out to a temporary campus and move back after the rebuild. Any move of such nature will take them 2 to 3 yrs to prepare and 1-2 yr to rebuilt. So those bougth property within 1KM for their children still safe for next two yrs at least.

kEN9170
30-09-09, 21:01
FYI, if the school is temporary re-located to another campus, during P1 registration, the distance between their home and school will still be based on the old school address.

I heard that from many forums. But probably like most schools do, move out to a temporary campus and move back after the rebuild. Any move of such nature will take them 2 to 3 yrs to prepare and 1-2 yr to rebuilt. So those bougth property within 1KM for their children still safe for next two yrs at least.

zimmer
30-09-09, 21:18
Do get back to us when you have confirmed info. One of the selling points for property in that area is the school's proximity.

alamak
01-10-09, 10:06
Do get back to us when you have confirmed info. One of the selling points for property in that area is the school's proximity.
Ai yah, if your kid is good, conscientious and hardworking, any primary school will do. Make no difference at PSLE level. :)

sleek
01-10-09, 10:46
Will a kid (or parent) feel good being in the Bottom 10% in a "Good" school or Top 10% in an average school? :rolleyes:

alamak
01-10-09, 10:56
Will a kid (or parent) feel good being in the Bottom 10% in a "Good" school or Top 10% in an average school? :rolleyes:
At the PSLE level, compare against all at national level. Forget about whether neighbourhood or well-known brand school. They are the same. Honestly, it's the student and parent's effort that make the difference.

focus
01-10-09, 13:02
So will i get The Seaview at a cheaper price if it is moved? :)

terence
01-10-09, 17:32
Unlikely as its by FEO...unless there's a major slump which in my opinion may not happen.

kali-yuga
01-10-09, 17:50
Unlikely as its by FEO...unless there's a major slump which in my opinion may not happen.

Yup consensus is that we have seen the worst, but as a counter check, do go GOOGLE 'Bob Janjuah' and look for his comments (very long) written in June (no July and Aug as he's on holiday).

01-10-09, 21:40

Purely speculative rumour. check from this site http://www.moe.gov.sg/initiatives/prime/list-of-schools/ Tao Nan is not listed in Phase 1 of MOE latest PRIME for upgrading of primary schools. So it will not move, at least not between years 2010 to 2012. monitor this MOE page regulary if you plan to buy within 1KM

01-10-09, 21:41

Purely speculative rumour:tongue3: . check from this site http://www.moe.gov.sg/initiatives/prime/list-of-schools/ Tao Nan is not listed in Phase 1 of MOE latest PRIME for upgrading of primary schools. So it will not move, at least not between years 2010 to 2012. monitor this MOE page regulary if you plan to buy within 1KM

terence
01-10-09, 22:13
Thanks for info!