PDA

View Full Version : D15 folks, how do you get to work in CBD?

impreza
14-10-09, 10:13
Hi, I see the ECP packed with westbound traffic every morning, especially before Rochor exit. It's all backed up to meyer sometimes... Just wondering how you guys get to CBD for work? Any tips?

I usually reach CBD at 8-8.30. Am considering living at TK area. Thanks.

august
14-10-09, 10:26
dont worry, ERP will eventually solve the problem :p

cheerful
14-10-09, 10:27
Erm .. think tt already in place rite?

donchew76
14-10-09, 10:35
Perhaps can try Nicoll Highway :rolleyes:

wkang1970
14-10-09, 10:51
that's the reason i moved out from D15. The traffic is horrible :doh:

Jazzer
14-10-09, 10:58

Not really, it's still a breeze compared to traffice at CTE and PIE. I live in Kembangan area and used the ECP every morning and occassionally used the PIE, CTE and KPE from my in laws's place. I tell u, the traffic at ECP is really nothing.

teddybear
14-10-09, 11:09
You are comparing ECP to Still Road & Kembangan? (May be...) :D
Anybody working in city or west side can forget about living in the east or even D15 about traffic on ECP is terrible (pay so much for properties & then ERP everyday still get caught in the jam!). For the price of D15 at $1500 psf, you can get decent units in D9-D11 and cut short the distance you need to travel (unless you can cannot live without the seaview and rather be caught in the jam.) :p

Not really, it's still a breeze compared to traffice at CTE and PIE. I live in Kembangan area and used the ECP every morning and occassionally used the PIE, CTE and KPE from my in laws's place. I tell u, the traffic at ECP is really nothing.

Jazzer
14-10-09, 11:35
You are comparing ECP to Still Road & Kembangan? (May be...) :D
Anybody working in city or west side can forget about living in the east or even D15 about traffic on ECP is terrible (pay so much for properties & then ERP everyday still get caught in the jam!). For the price of D15 at $1500 psf, you can get decent units in D9-D11 and cut short the distance you need to travel (unless you can cannot live without the seaview and rather be caught in the jam.) :p

I am saying i used ECP every morning as i live in Kembangan. And I maintain that the traffic there is still a breeze compared to other expressways.

xebay11
14-10-09, 12:50
For the price of D15 at $1500 psf, you can get decent units in D9-D11

Are you kidding?

xebay11
14-10-09, 12:51
Hi, I see the ECP packed with westbound traffic every morning, especially before Rochor exit. It's all backed up to meyer sometimes... Just wondering how you guys get to CBD for work? Any tips?

ECP traffic is not as bad as other expressways, if you are considering Telok Kurau or Tanjong Katong, the MRT is your friend.

Reporter
14-10-09, 12:56
For the price of D15 at $1500 psf, you can get decent units in D9-D11

Are you kidding?
He may be right.
Instead of owning a troublesome three D15 units at $1,500 psf, one can own a decent unit in D9 at less than $4,500 psf.

Private Residential Units Sold in the Month of August 2009

Project Name .. Locality . Units Sold In Month . Highest $psf . Median $psf . Lowest $psf
Scotts Square .. CCR ....... 1 ........................... 4,304 ........... 4,304 ........... 4,304

xebay11
14-10-09, 13:01
He may be right.
Instead of owning a troublesome three D15 units at $1,500 psf, one can own a decent unit in D9 at less than $4,500 psf.

Ha Ha OIC.

teddybear
14-10-09, 14:31
Either clear ECP before 7.30am or after 9.30am lor! :p
Everytime I pass ECP I curse and swear. Those inconsiderate trying to go out of Rochor exit (and Price Edward Road and Keppel Road and Telok Blangah Road etc) when they see long queue on left lane they will start to try to cut in from next right lane and when they can't (because those who queue up don't let them have a chance to cut in), they just cruise to a stop and make those going straight jam up all the way back. Everyday also like that #%@$*&()!

Jazzer
14-10-09, 14:52
Everytime I pass ECP I curse and swear. Those inconsiderate trying to go out of Rochor exit (and Price Edward Road and Keppel Road and Telok Blangah Road etc) when they see long queue on left lane they will start to try to cut in from next right lane and when they can't (because those who queue up don't let them have a chance to cut in), they just cruise to a stop and make those going straight jam up all the way back. Everyday also like that #%@$*&()!

Oh.. in that case, you will be cursing big time until no saliva if you used the PIE or CTE or AYE.....:scared-5:

teddybear
14-10-09, 14:56
Don't think AYE is that bad as ECP or CTE (but still bad lah).

Oh.. in that case, you will be cursing big time until no saliva if you used the PIE or CTE or AYE.....:scared-5:

maisonjai
14-10-09, 15:29

especially Telok Blangah Exit, they like to cut from middle to left lane exit.:tsk-tsk:
The section is right behind the IR, prone to accidents cos drivers misjudge the downslope & couldnt stop in time, BANG!!!! u can expect super long jam all the way. :banghead:

jlrx
14-10-09, 17:09
He may be right.

Private Residential Units Sold in the Month of August 2009

Project Name .. Locality . Units Sold In Month . Highest $psf . Median $psf . Lowest $psf
Scotts Square .. CCR ....... 1 ........................... 4,304 ........... 4,304 ........... 4,304

Where you get these info from?

Got Highest, Median and Lowest?

pearly
14-10-09, 17:31
Where you get these info from?

Got Highest, Median and Lowest?

I guess its from the URA website.

Also to note that this unit should be sold via the developer as on July 2009, the total launched units - 238 while on August 2009, the number increased to 239:)

Since only one unit was sold during August 2009, the High, Median and Low was the same.

Miow
14-10-09, 17:38
ECP traffic is not as bad as other expressways, if you are considering Telok Kurau or Tanjong Katong, the MRT is your friend.

Buses and taxis are more convenient than mrt. Bus journey from PP to CDB during at 7.30am to 8am takes about 25 mins excluding the waiting time. Taxis are faster (sometimes just 15 mins).

impreza
14-10-09, 19:01
dont worry, ERP will eventually solve the problem :p
I tot that's already in place?
BTW, any idea when the traffic buildup starts? How's it like just before 8am?

impreza
14-10-09, 19:13
especially Telok Blangah Exit, they like to cut from middle to left lane exit.:tsk-tsk:
The section is right behind the IR, prone to accidents cos drivers misjudge the downslope & couldnt stop in time, BANG!!!! u can expect super long jam all the way. :banghead:

Sounds bad! I would be exiting via marina south if I do come that way. Hope it'll be better

echotrain
14-10-09, 23:14

You said it!

And I don't understand what's up with the queue cutting?

Like someone said, just trade up and move to CCR. Save you the trouble and angst every morning and evening. Avoid high blood pressure, live longer too.

teddybear
15-10-09, 00:00
Those people want to jump queue so as to exit into Telok Blangah Road quickly without queuing up to exit lor! But damn inconsiderate because when they can't cut in they can even drive at 5-10kph to wait for a chance to cut in while holding up all other vehicles that are going straight. (should get a traffic police station there and give out fines - sure good business :p).
Only thing is I don't understand why the exit there always long queue. :beats-me-man:

You said it!

And I don't understand what's up with the queue cutting?

Like someone said, just trade up and move to CCR. Save you the trouble and angst every morning and evening. Avoid high blood pressure, live longer too.

proud owner
15-10-09, 00:12

unless youi work in the east .. really nothing good to me to be staying D15/16

coming into CBD is horrid

i used to work in CBD .. and i stayed west .. below 1000 psf ..can even get 650 psf ..

8 mins drive to CBD door to door ...no ERP .. 15 mins to ORchard (max)

soon will have MRT ....

those working in the west .. lagi makes sense to stay west ...

coming home from CBD using Westcoast Highway ... skip the jam at Vivo ... also 8-10 mins ...

i once took a bus from opposite Lau Pasat .. to South Buona vista rd .. plus walking to my house .. 25 mins ... Champion ??

so why stay east ??? so expensive ..so inconvenient .. good food ? also long queue and no where to park ..road so narrow

xtink
15-10-09, 00:32
haha... me HDB dweller in the west agrees 100%.

even when u work in AMK and staying ard west coast area, going to and fro from work is also against the traffic, either via Lornie or CTE, both are smooth. :) :)

sabian
15-10-09, 00:34
Station 2 TP bike cruisers at the ECP-Rochor exit.

Sure solve the problem plus year end civil servant bonus sure bee tang.

In our fine city, that's the only way to change herd mentality. Educative campaigns are a waste of time.

kstan2
15-10-09, 01:02
Those people want to jump queue so as to exit into Telok Blangah Road quickly without queuing up to exit lor! But damn inconsiderate because when they can't cut in they can even drive at 5-10kph to wait for a chance to cut in while holding up all other vehicles that are going straight. (should get a traffic police station there and give out fines - sure good business :p).
Only thing is I don't understand why the exit there always long queue. :beats-me-man:

I think it is basically lousy road design lah.. so many cars exiting into one lane.. after exit, you have cars filtering to the left going to vivo and cars from the left filtering to the west coast high way.. it is always a mess. I think LTA did a lousy job here.. the west coast highway join to ECP is even worst... come down from high way and join into a one lane to go up ECP... all these ERP stuff, we are just paying for LTA's mistake.. I think the Telok Blangah area will go crazy once the IR at sentosa starts operation. Maybe thats why they are building the eastern region line.. to cut down traffic on ECP.

proud owner
15-10-09, 01:07
I think it is basically lousy road design lah.. so many cars exiting into one lane.. after exit, you have cars filtering to the left going to vivo and cars from the left filtering to the west coast high way.. it is always a mess. I think LTA did a lousy job here.. the west coast highway join to ECP is even worst... come down from high way and join into a one lane to go up ECP... all these ERP stuff, we are just paying for LTA's mistake.. I think the Telok Blangah area will go crazy once the IR at sentosa starts operation. Maybe thats why they are building the eastern region line.. to cut down traffic on ECP.

LTA has never accepted their mistakes ..

but one lucky short fellow ..Mahboro man .. helped LTA made so much money with ERP ..then he left , while LTA takes the blame..

now he in HDB ? and property boom ... PAP sure treat him like blue eye boy ..

maybe he always wanted to be blue eyes ..his wife ang moh

maisonjai
15-10-09, 15:08

they should construct a kerb as a divider, let those cars hit the kerb & flip like a flipper. :spliff:

proud owner
15-10-09, 21:54
they should construct a kerb as a divider, let those cars hit the kerb & flip like a flipper. :spliff:

i think singaporeans using the stretch from ECP to vivo should not complain too much but bear with it ... otehrwise they will instal a gantry there ,...

Blue
17-10-09, 11:52
Use ECP or Nicoll to get to CBD from D15. Best is Nicoll cos ERP only kena once. ECP u kena once at Rochor Rd Exit and kena another time at CBD gantry if exit through Prince Edward Road. :cool:

Traffic jam is still tolerable / acceptable. Only takes me 15 mins to reach office from home. If off peak hours, hoho...only 5 mins!!!

I recommend D15 for anyone looking for a home in the east. You basically have all the good stuff here except no cinema (damn) :doh: ....beach, schools, food, shopping, pubs, MRT, library

You get to see the Singapore Flyer and National Day Fireworks too if your unit has a good facing.

I never like the West in my opinion. All my families, relatives are in the East. For instance, the West Coast Beach at night - it's too dark, quiet and dangerous, and occasionally you find folks sniffing glue / smoking grass.... also, west areas are more prone to rain plus problem of air and water pollution from the industrial wastage.:tongue3:

I saw some stating 1500 psf in D15...nah, only for a couple of new developments that sell these kinda prices for the rich and famous. Take a better look around, you can still find gems less than 1000 psf. ;)

impreza
17-10-09, 16:22
Use ECP or Nicoll to get to CBD from D15. Best is Nicoll cos ERP only kena once. ECP u kena once at Rochor Rd Exit and kena another time at CBD gantry if exit through Prince Edward Road. :cool:

Traffic jam is still tolerable / acceptable. Only takes me 15 mins to reach office from home. If off peak hours, hoho...only 5 mins!!!

thanks, I was looking for this piece of info. Cheers

Blue
24-11-09, 13:10
2 ways to hit the Nicoll:

If you stay in TK, hit Still Road, and turn right or u-turn into Koon Seng Rd. U go all the way straight along Koon Seng Road and hit onto Marshall Rd which will eventually lead you to Nicoll Highway after passing by Airport Rd.

Alternatively, hit Still Road and straight up to ECP, exit thru Fort Rd which will also lead you to Nicoll Highway.

mcmlxxvi
24-11-09, 14:22
D15 is the way to go.... grow up there, own my first apt there, staying there, wanna die there also! It's a great place to be. :P

Go town just take bus 10 or 12 or 14... many choices. Drive for what... no need to fight for space with the (already many) Jaguar, Lambo, Ferrari's plying the roads in East Coast.... lol.

xebay11
24-11-09, 14:38
D15 is the way to go.... grow up there, own my first apt there, staying there, wanna die there also! It's a great place to be. :P

Go town just take bus 10 or 12 or 14... many choices. Drive for what... no need to fight for space with the (already many) Jaguar, Lambo, Ferrari's plying the roads in East Coast.... lol.

You forgot the staple cars, black BMWs and Silver Mercs.

Just discovered that the Siglap connector now goes all the way to Changi Village and beyond through the eastern connectors, did that route last Sunday, halfway just park the bike by the beach and plunge into the beautiful isolated Changi beach for swim, then hop back on the bike and continue cycling, enjoying the scenic rural and golf course views along the way. That is life.

rooster
05-12-09, 12:55
unless youi work in the east .. really nothing good to me to be staying D15/16

coming into CBD is horrid

i used to work in CBD .. and i stayed west .. below 1000 psf ..can even get 650 psf ..

8 mins drive to CBD door to door ...no ERP .. 15 mins to ORchard (max)

soon will have MRT ....

those working in the west .. lagi makes sense to stay west ...

coming home from CBD using Westcoast Highway ... skip the jam at Vivo ... also 8-10 mins ...

i once took a bus from opposite Lau Pasat .. to South Buona vista rd .. plus walking to my house .. 25 mins ... Champion ??

so why stay east ??? so expensive ..so inconvenient .. good food ? also long queue and no where to park ..road so narrow

when u drive along AYE what do see? factories, HDB flats. along ECP - beach/greenery on one side, condos (some HDB) on the other. the air is just so different. that's why properties in the east are higher valued. i just love the katong/mountbatten area!

proud owner
05-12-09, 13:05
when u drive along AYE what do see? factories, HDB flats. along ECP - beach/greenery on one side, condos (some HDB) on the other. the air is just so different. that's why properties in the east are higher valued. i just love the katong/mountbatten area!

hahah when i drive , my eyes are on the road ... so should all drivers ... i really dont care whats on either side ..

well yes some condos along east coast have good view .. but accessibility in and out of east coast is not the easiest or smoothest .. having to pay ERP just to get home .. pay higher psf .. traffic jam ..

only when you reach home then can enjoy the view/peace ..

just my personal view

teddybear
05-12-09, 21:53
Got lah, ECP always jammed so badly that the vehicles come to a stand still and start-stop start-stop, so lots of time the car is stationary for the driver to enjoy the sea view and beautiful condos along the way. :D

hahah when i drive , my eyes are on the road ... so should all drivers ... i really dont care whats on either side ..

well yes some condos along east coast have good view .. but accessibility in and out of east coast is not the easiest or smoothest .. having to pay ERP just to get home .. pay higher psf .. traffic jam ..

only when you reach home then can enjoy the view/peace ..

just my personal view

alfchia
06-12-09, 21:35
you sure you want to stak in TK? Roads there are very narrow, one lane usually taken up by cars parking there, leaving one lane for cars coming in both directions

Blue
09-12-09, 14:49
you sure you want to stak in TK? Roads there are very narrow, one lane usually taken up by cars parking there, leaving one lane for cars coming in both directions

TK got a lot of nice sports car parked alongside to see wor, giving you the inspirations and energy to work harder for more money!

When can I afford an Audi R8? :spliff: