PDA

View Full Version : Floor Area of Cluster Housing

ooi_pat
31-12-09, 12:19
Hi, can anyone advise me how does the developer calculate the built in area of cluster houses.

Seen a unit, being quoted 6000+ sqft but the area obiviously doesn't look that big!!!

Laguna
31-12-09, 13:54
Hi, can anyone advise me how does the developer calculate the built in area of cluster houses.

Seen a unit, being quoted 6000+ sqft but the area obiviously doesn't look that big!!!

As the built in includes the carpark lots

Localite
31-12-09, 18:30
I noticed this too.

Cluster houses specify 'strata area' which is like the maximum possible built up allowed.

Due to design and cost considerations the actual built up if often less by 30%.

What is annoying is that cluster house developers never commit to the built up area. Why can't they just be straightforward to tell you this. I cannot believe that they cannot estimate the built up like what they do with condos.

HCL
01-01-10, 09:05
Some cluster house "floor area" includes void area, which is not the actual build up

Laguna
01-01-10, 18:44
Please note : Foreign need to seek approval to buy cluster house. This is tricky, as option is always two weeks, and seeking of approval takes weeks.

ooi_pat
04-01-10, 15:44
The area sold for cluster landed property is very different from that used in condominiums.

Condo, u buy 1300 sqft = u get 1300 sqft
cluster landed, u buy 5000 sqft , I DO NOT get 5000 sqft bcos of air space / void area.

Agents are telling me about "box up method" and "conventional method" which is giving me headache. Can someone gives me an inkling, wht's going on?

Anyway have tried to clarify, However not not all agents are awared of the methods of calculation!!!!

Aren't there any restriction from URA / SLA / BCA to standardised the area for strata landed properties.

xebay11
04-01-10, 16:29
The area sold for cluster landed property is very different from that used in condominiums.

Condo, u buy 1300 sqft = u get 1300 sqft
cluster landed, u buy 5000 sqft , I DO NOT get 5000 sqft bcos of air space / void area.

Agents are telling me about "box up method" and "conventional method" which is giving me headache. Can someone gives me an inkling, wht's going on?

Anyway have tried to clarify, However not not all agents are awared of the methods of calculation!!!!

Aren't there any restriction from URA / SLA / BCA to standardised the area for strata landed properties.

Box up method means taking the largest area of one level and mulitply by the number of levels of the property, including the car park, meaning you are just paying for lots of air space, to save you the headache, forget about cluster housing, unless you have a very strong liking for them.

proud owner
05-01-10, 01:22
Box up method means taking the largest area of one level and mulitply by the number of levels of the property, including the car park, meaning you are just paying for lots of air space, to save you the headache, forget about cluster housing, unless you have a very strong liking for them.

the one basic thing i hate about cluster housing is .. they have no real main entrance ..

to any chinese .. who can accept a house with no main door ?

cluster housing has an entrance at the basement .. so you enter thru there and climb up ... some total 5 storey ...scary

other enter thru a back lane , thru their kitchen area ... cos the front opens to the pool ...

so where is the main entrance ?

for buddhist ..cant even find a place to place their offerings ... face the pool ? face the car park at basement ? face the back lane ??

terok lah

call

proud owner
05-01-10, 01:22

the one basic thing i hate about cluster housing is .. they have no real main entrance ..

cluster housing has an entrance at the basement .. so you enter thru there and climb up ... some total 5 storey ...scary

other enter thru a back lane , thru their kitchen area ... cos the front opens to the pool ...

for buddhist ..cant even find a place to place their offerings ... face the pool ? face the car park at basement ? face the back lane ??

terok lah

call me

proud owner
05-01-10, 01:23

terok lah

call me old fashion .. but i for one would want to go home the right way ..thru the main door ... not sneaking in from basement ..or back lane thru kitchen