mr funny
30-03-10, 15:15
http://www.straitstimes.com/PrimeNews/Story/STIStory_508169.html

Mar 30, 2010

District 15 still the top draw

Attractions include sea views and food haunts

By Joyce Teo

http://www.straitstimes.com/STI/STIMEDIA/pdf/20100329/100330jt15.pdf

WHETHER the property market is up or down, some areas are always popular, according to new analyses from property consultancy Savills Singapore.

Its list of perennial property hot spots includes one surprise locale far from the city centre.

District 15, which includes the Katong, Joo Chiat, Amber Road, Marine Parade and Tanjong Rhu areas, consistently topped all 28 regions in terms of the number of non-landed resale homes sold from 2007 to February this year. Savills Research found 4,289 resale non-landed deals were done in the three-year period.

District 10, consisting of the Ardmore, Bukit Timah, Holland Road and Tanglin areas, was No. 2, with 3,622 transactions.

District 23 came in a surprise third, and registered the highest price growth of the top 10 hot spots, with prices rising 25.5 per cent. It takes in Hillview, Dairy Farm, Bukit Panjang and Choa Chu Kang, and had 2,837 sales.

If transactions in 2007 were excluded, District 23 would have surpassed District 10 in popularity. In other words, District 23 has become the second most popular hot spot for non-landed resale homes since 2008.

Ms Christine Sun, Savills' senior manager for research and consultancy, said demand in District 23 could be due to attractive pricing, as the average unit price registered from 2007 to last year was still within the $500-$600 per sq ft range. Average prices reached $649 psf in the first two months of this year.

Given its proximity to the Bukit Timah belt and the nature reserves, this district has an edge over other areas in that price range, such as Tampines, Pasir Ris, Serangoon Gardens, Hougang and Punggol, Ms Sun added.

There are also a lot of developments in the area, such as The Warren, The Petals, The Madeira, Cashew Heights, Dairy Farm Estate, Regent Heights, Hillview Regency and Guilin View.

Ms Sun said the popularity of resale homes in District 15 may have been driven by the many launches in the area. Prices have risen in line with the launches, which draw attention to the area, she explained.

New launches since 2007 include Aalto, Parc Seabreeze, Silversea and The Seafront on Meyer. 'People think the area is becoming hot and they start to see value in the area,' she said.

Property experts said the area's appeal lies in its sea views and proximity to well-known food places, the airport and the city. 'It is an established residential area with ample amenities,' said DTZ head of South-east Asia research Chua Chor Hoon.

'There's also a wide range of prices to suit different budgets, from the bigger, higher-priced condos in Tanjong Rhu to the small developments in Telok Kurau.'

Said Ms Sun: 'In general, the next best areas to live in outside of Districts 9, 10 and 11 are in District 15, largely because of the sea view and the many good schools there such as Tao Nan School, CHIJ (Katong) Primary, Victoria Junior College and Chung Cheng High School.'

Ngee Ann Polytechnic real estate lecturer Nicholas Mak said: 'District 15 has quite a big catchment of private homes so that may be why it has a high number of resale deals.

'It has also been popular with the middle class and the upper middle class for a long time.'

Popular projects in District 15 include Water Place, The Waterside, Neptune Court, Mandarin Gardens and Cote D'Azur, Ms Sun said.

It came as no surprise that District 10, as a prime location, is popular with foreigners. Demand for homes in this area fell significantly in 2008 but has recovered somewhat since, she added.

Still, District 10 resale non-landed homes showed just 2.3 per cent growth in prices since 2007, from $1,386 psf in 2007 to $1,417 psf in the first two months of this year.

District 15 registered 14.8 per cent price growth, from $783 psf in 2007 to $899 psf on average in January and February this year.

[email protected]

tanumy
30-03-10, 15:38
Next time no 1 ranking going to be D18 no doubt abt that at all.:)

http://www.straitstimes.com/PrimeNews/Story/STIStory_508169.html

Mar 30, 2010

District 15 still the top draw

Attractions include sea views and food haunts

By Joyce Teo

http://www.straitstimes.com/STI/STIMEDIA/pdf/20100329/100330jt15.pdf

WHETHER the property market is up or down, some areas are always popular, according to new analyses from property consultancy Savills Singapore.

Its list of perennial property hot spots includes one surprise locale far from the city centre.

District 15, which includes the Katong, Joo Chiat, Amber Road, Marine Parade and Tanjong Rhu areas, consistently topped all 28 regions in terms of the number of non-landed resale homes sold from 2007 to February this year. Savills Research found 4,289 resale non-landed deals were done in the three-year period.

District 10, consisting of the Ardmore, Bukit Timah, Holland Road and Tanglin areas, was No. 2, with 3,622 transactions.

District 23 came in a surprise third, and registered the highest price growth of the top 10 hot spots, with prices rising 25.5 per cent. It takes in Hillview, Dairy Farm, Bukit Panjang and Choa Chu Kang, and had 2,837 sales.

If transactions in 2007 were excluded, District 23 would have surpassed District 10 in popularity. In other words, District 23 has become the second most popular hot spot for non-landed resale homes since 2008.

Ms Christine Sun, Savills' senior manager for research and consultancy, said demand in District 23 could be due to attractive pricing, as the average unit price registered from 2007 to last year was still within the $500-$600 per sq ft range. Average prices reached $649 psf in the first two months of this year.

Given its proximity to the Bukit Timah belt and the nature reserves, this district has an edge over other areas in that price range, such as Tampines, Pasir Ris, Serangoon Gardens, Hougang and Punggol, Ms Sun added.

There are also a lot of developments in the area, such as The Warren, The Petals, The Madeira, Cashew Heights, Dairy Farm Estate, Regent Heights, Hillview Regency and Guilin View.

Ms Sun said the popularity of resale homes in District 15 may have been driven by the many launches in the area. Prices have risen in line with the launches, which draw attention to the area, she explained.

New launches since 2007 include Aalto, Parc Seabreeze, Silversea and The Seafront on Meyer. 'People think the area is becoming hot and they start to see value in the area,' she said.

Property experts said the area's appeal lies in its sea views and proximity to well-known food places, the airport and the city. 'It is an established residential area with ample amenities,' said DTZ head of South-east Asia research Chua Chor Hoon.

'There's also a wide range of prices to suit different budgets, from the bigger, higher-priced condos in Tanjong Rhu to the small developments in Telok Kurau.'

Said Ms Sun: 'In general, the next best areas to live in outside of Districts 9, 10 and 11 are in District 15, largely because of the sea view and the many good schools there such as Tao Nan School, CHIJ (Katong) Primary, Victoria Junior College and Chung Cheng High School.'

Ngee Ann Polytechnic real estate lecturer Nicholas Mak said: 'District 15 has quite a big catchment of private homes so that may be why it has a high number of resale deals.

'It has also been popular with the middle class and the upper middle class for a long time.'

Popular projects in District 15 include Water Place, The Waterside, Neptune Court, Mandarin Gardens and Cote D'Azur, Ms Sun said.

It came as no surprise that District 10, as a prime location, is popular with foreigners. Demand for homes in this area fell significantly in 2008 but has recovered somewhat since, she added.

Still, District 10 resale non-landed homes showed just 2.3 per cent growth in prices since 2007, from $1,386 psf in 2007 to $1,417 psf in the first two months of this year.

District 15 registered 14.8 per cent price growth, from $783 psf in 2007 to $899 psf on average in January and February this year.

[email protected]

30-03-10, 17:14
Surprise that D11 is not on the list in last 4 yrs!

eng81157
30-03-10, 17:43
try driving down balestier road or the vicinity of novena on a weekend and you will know why it is not on the list

tanumy
30-03-10, 18:30
Next year for sure D18 in limelight.....

gwlip
30-03-10, 18:36
wa lau Tanumy everywhere.. liddat also can....

Lou
30-03-10, 21:11
Next time no 1 ranking going to be D18 no doubt abt that at all.:)

Good Joke!:scared-5:

mantrix
30-03-10, 21:19
Good Joke!:scared-5:

agreed. I really like all these posts on D18 and DBR - puts a smile on my face :)

teddybear
30-03-10, 23:25
So why D9 (including prime Orchard transacted at >$5000 psf) also not on the list?
Don't think your reason is valid.
More likely because D9 & D11 are smaller in area and there are less properties in those areas compared to D10, D15 etc.

try driving down balestier road or the vicinity of novena on a weekend and you will know why it is not on the list

proud owner
30-03-10, 23:33
So why D9 (including prime Orchard transacted at >$5000 psf) also not on the list?
More likely because D9 & D11 are smaller in area and there are less properties in those areas compared to D10, D15 etc.

i think you may be right

D15 is huge .. and so many properties ... throw a stone sure hit a condo or a house ..

so is D23

i remember i mentioned before ... go google map singapore

and you can see how many condos and houses there are in these 2 districts .. most densely populated ..

so many choices ..so pretty obvious there wil be more transactions ...

luzman
30-03-10, 23:36
I think we should read the report with some understanding...Top draw in district 15 can mean many things...it could mean many buyers like district 15 for own stay...not as an investment location..top draw in investment location can never be in district 15 simply because many buyers buy district 15 for own stay rather capital appreciation..the rental yield is also not fantastic and so, it discourage investor.,..

Property_Owner
30-03-10, 23:40
i think you may be right

D15 is huge .. and so many properties ... throw a stone sure hit a condo or a house ..

so is D23

and you can see how many condos and houses there are in these 2 districts .. most densely populated ..

Aalto, Seafront, amber residences..these are some that bought high. Now still not able to breakeven...Aalto not faring well with relaunch....Silversea overprice....

Property_Owner
30-03-10, 23:43

D15 just go to TK and you be surprise how dense it's going to be.....
with recent launches going around Parkway, traffic in time to come will be like balestier

apple3
31-03-10, 00:36
i think you may be right

so is D23

The article miss the illustration of DTL2 which has started construction from 1st station at Bukit Panjang site.

So far, the entire DTL2 will register as the line with the highest sizable FH or 999 land within a mrt station reasonable perimeter.

You take away bukit timah, steven which historically has been heavily price in, the remaining route are absorbing investment heavily. Beautyworld is a clear example.

sealover
31-03-10, 09:40

The newspaper chart shown D10 and D9 are ranked 3rd and 5th this year

Blue
31-03-10, 13:24
I think we should read the report with some understanding...Top draw in district 15 can mean many things...it could mean many buyers like district 15 for own stay...not as an investment location..top draw in investment location can never be in district 15 simply because many buyers buy district 15 for own stay rather capital appreciation..the rental yield is also not fantastic and so, it discourage investor.,..

I have to disagree. Rental yield is similarly or even worse more pathetic in the prime districts D9,10,11 bec the prices (PSF) paid by the owners were high. Yet rental rate can't increase as much due to absolute dollar capping for expats' housing allowances.

Best rental yield still goes to HDB and Geylang and many of the old houses bought during the low property season.

Blue
31-03-10, 13:29
i think you may be right

so is D23

The report is referring to non-landed homes in D15. So landed houses are out of the equation. Purely looking at supply (no. of condo / apt units launched for sale) is not a good indicator. Demand is the key factor, and the report shows the no. of condo / apt launched & sold from 2007 to 2010.

It is still correct to say that D15 is a popular spot among home buyers whether be it for investment or stay, because at the end of the day, someone (end buyer) will be the one staying there. :cool:

teddybear
31-03-10, 13:47
Still, D9 has been missing for the last 3 years except this year for just the first 2 months only! How do we except D9 to have more transactions than D15, D10, D5, D23 etc when the area is actually much less than half of any of these?

The newspaper chart shown D10 and D9 are ranked 3rd and 5th this year

Property_Owner
31-03-10, 13:51
Still, D9 has been missing for the last 3 years except this year for just the first 2 months only! How do we except D9 to have more transactions than D15, D10, D5, D23 etc when the area is actually much less than half of any of these?

Higher price = lower volume
Lower price = higher volume

teddybear
31-03-10, 13:52
I believe the wrong conclusion has been made. Highest number of transactions do not equate to "most popular". E.g. D15 has 100k homes & 10k has been transacted (i.e. 10%). D9 has 30k homes & 6k has been transacted (i.e. 20%). So which is more popular? Ha ha! Based on that reporter's way of reporting, D15 is more popular? :banghead:

The report is referring to non-landed homes in D15. So landed houses are out of the equation. Purely looking at supply (no. of condo / apt units launched for sale) is not a good indicator. Demand is the key factor, and the report shows the no. of condo / apt launched & sold from 2007 to 2010.

It is still correct to say that D15 is a popular spot among home buyers whether be it for investment or stay, because at the end of the day, someone (end buyer) will be the one staying there. :cool:

Blue
31-03-10, 15:09
I believe the wrong conclusion has been made. Highest number of transactions do not equate to "most popular". E.g. D15 has 100k homes & 10k has been transacted (i.e. 10%). D9 has 30k homes & 6k has been transacted (i.e. 20%). So which is more popular? Ha ha! Based on that reporter's way of reporting, D15 is more popular? :banghead:

In your example, still, D15 is more popular (10K homes) vs D9 (6K homes). :p

The number of units sold in absolute number (not % of sold/supply) is still showing that D15 is most popular.

If you want to talk about % of sold / supply => need to see the supply numbers before making any conclusion.

Let's say Jurong Island got only 1 house (supply) and it's sold. Does that mean it is most popular @ 100% sold??? :D

teddybear
31-03-10, 15:42
Based on your analogy, if D15 has 100k houses and 10k got sold (=10%) and D9 has 20k houses and 9.9k (=49%) got sold and D15 still more popular? :doh:
Based on above, I only conclude that:
- D15 has very few buyers vs the number of properties there.

Some people will say that may be it is because very few property owners want to sell in D15?
However, if there are keen enough and genuine enough buyers and such buyers are willing to offer >$5000 psf such as for Orchard Residences (in D9 Orchard), then do we believe that there will not be enough sellers emerging? So fact is, D15 do not have enough buyers willing to offer high enough price to move the % of properties transacted higher. :tongue3:
This is different from D9 where we see such eye-popping prices transacted despite the conclusion by the reporter that it is "not popular" for the past few years!

What I am trying to show is that basing on largest number of transactions do not mean D15 is most popular. This is wrong conclusion by the reporter. The reporter should also state how many properties are there in the district to give a more balanced view and for readers to come to their conclusions. Even without the balanced view and just looking at the district boundary sizes, I know the reporter is comparing apple to orange and drawing the wrong conclusion.

In your example, still, D15 is more popular (10K homes) vs D9 (6K homes). :p

The number of units sold in absolute number (not % of sold/supply) is still showing that D15 is most popular.

If you want to talk about % of sold / supply => need to see the supply numbers before making any conclusion.

Let's say Jurong Island got only 1 house (supply) and it's sold. Does that mean it is most popular @ 100% sold??? :D

eng81157
31-03-10, 17:49

i agree on the part of D9 but we are referring to D11. in correction, D11 isn't small in area at all. it is only slightly smaller by a tad if you refer to the district maps.

eng81157
31-03-10, 17:53
Based on your analogy, if D15 has 100k houses and 10k got sold (=10%) and D9 has 20k houses and 9.9k (=49%) got sold and D15 still more popular? :doh:
Based on above, I only conclude that:
- D15 has very few buyers vs the number of properties there.

Some people will say that may be it is because very few property owners want to sell in D15?
However, if there are keen enough and genuine enough buyers and such buyers are willing to offer >$5000 psf such as for Orchard Residences (in D9 Orchard), then do we believe that there will not be enough sellers emerging? So fact is, D15 do not have enough buyers willing to offer high enough price to move the % of properties transacted higher. :tongue3:
This is different from D9 where we see such eye-popping prices transacted despite the conclusion by the reporter that it is "not popular" for the past few years!

What I am trying to show is that basing on largest number of transactions do not mean D15 is most popular. This is wrong conclusion by the reporter. The reporter should also state how many properties are there in the district to give a more balanced view and for readers to come to their conclusions. Even without the balanced view and just looking at the district boundary sizes, I know the reporter is comparing apple to orange and drawing the wrong conclusion.

i concur with you from the statistical point of view. it is just plain useless to look at absolute figures. should look at the base figure and use a myriad of comparisons for analysis.

e.g. average no. sold over a certain period, % sold over a certain period and median selling price vs median purchase price. a thousand and one permutations on how to interpret the data

Blue
31-03-10, 18:08
% measuring number of sales / number of supply has limitations in statistical means to gauge popularity. I oredi quoted the example of Jurong Island having only 1 house and sold => 100%. It does not imply it is most popular. :doh: Some folks just don't get it in their brains even though it is simple mathematics. :D

By decreasing the denominator (supply) in the formula, one can manipulate to get higher %.

So to conclude, using % is also not the best way to gauge popularity.

And some even confused price as popularity. Does it mean the higher the price (D9 - Orchard Road) means it is more popular? Unfortunately the answer is no. :cool:

Popularity simply means the absolute number of sales...period...and it means the home buyers perceive D15 as value for money, i.e. it is not priced beyond its intrinsic value. So that's why it is most popular.

Compare to Orchard Road, many home buyers perceived that it is selling way above its intrinsic value, thats y it is less popular (less number of units sold) simply because it is way too expensive! :banghead:

For those who still can't think these through. Let me quote to you car models.

1) Orchard Rd is like Lamborghini

2) East Coast is like BMW

Tell me frankly, which is more popular in terms of sales? :spliff:

teddybear
31-03-10, 21:02
Yes you are right, D11 looks a tad smaller than D15, but it consists of part of McRitchie reservior, a large part of Caldecolt hill private low-rise landed estates, and also the hospital hubs. In fact, the D11 population is much smaller than what the district size suggests. To show you an idea, let's look at the list of private property projects in D11:

24 @ Newton, 28 Shelford, Adam Park, Adam Place, Amaninda, Amaryllis Ville, Appleton View, Armadalem, Ava Towers, Balestier Tower, Bassein Court, Belmondo View, Belmondo View, Binjai Crest, Binjai Park, Birmingham Mansions, Bright Apartments, Buckley 18, Buckley Mansions, Buckley Mews, Buckley Residence, Camden Park, Casa Contendere, Casa Irrawaddy, Casa Melwani, Casa Perla, Chancery Corner, Chancery Court, Chancery Esquire, Chancery Garden, Chancery Grove, Chancery Lodge, Chancery Park, Chelsea Grove, Chong Kim Apartmnet, City Edge, Concorde, De Paradiso, Derby Court, Derbyshire Court, Derbyshire Heights, Derbyshire Mansions, D'Evelyn, Duearn Court, Duneran Gardens, Eco Ville, Elegance View, Elmira Heights, Eng Aun Park, Espana, Essen Apartments, Evelyn Mansions, Gilstead 38, Gilstead Apartment, Gilstead Brooks, Gilstead Court, Gilstead Mansion, Gilstead View, Gloucester Mansions, Goldhill Garden, Goldhill Towers, Goodwill Mansion, Grand Tower, Hillcrest Arcadia, Hillside Homes, Hollywood Park, Iridium, Jade Gardens, Jubilation Apartment, Kartar Apartments, Kellett Court, Kew Lodge, Kheam Hock Garden, La Maison, La Novelle, La Suisse 1, La Suisse 2, Le Shantier, Lincoln Lodge, Lincolnsvale, Lion Towers , Lutus at Mount Rosie , Maison Royale, Malcolm Park, Mandalay Court, Mandalay Mansion, Mandalay Towers, Mandalay Ville, Mandale Heights, Minbu Court, Minbu Villa, Miro, Monarchy Apartment, Montebleu, Morimasa Gardens, Moulmein Court, Moulmein Green, Moulmein Rise, Moulmein View, Mount Rosie Garden, Newton 18, Newton Euro-Asia, Newton Meadows, Newton One, Newton Point, Newton Suites, Newton View, Novena Court, Novena Gardens, Novena Hall (International Students Hostel), Novena Hill, Novena lodge, Novena Suites, Novena Ville, Olivio, One Akyab, Orchid Apartmemt, Parc Infinia @ Wee Nam, Pasadena, Pavillion II at Novena, Pastoral View, Peak Court Condo, Peppermint Grove, Pinacle 16, Point Loma, Residences @ Evelyn, Rocca Balestier, Rosevale, Ruby Plaza, Scenic Heights, Seedevi, Setia Residences, Shan Court, Shan Gate Apartment, Shelford Court, Shelford Green, Shelford Regency, Shelford Residences, Shelford Vale, Shelford View, Sky @ Eleven, Soleil @ Sinaran, Star Mansions , Strata, Suffolk Apartments, Suffolk Premier, Suites @ Surrey, Surrey Court , Surrey Point, Surrey Ville, Swiss Club Villas, Tan Tong Meng Tower , Ten @ Suffolk , The Albany , The Ansley, The Arcadia , The Axis, The Chancery Residence, The Hill Park , The Huntington , The Linc, The Lincoln Modern, The Medge, The Montebleu, The Sentinel, The Shelford, The Spinnaker, The Trevose, Thomson Euro-Asia, Thomson Mansions, Tian So Heights, Trevose 12, Trevose Park, Tudor Ten, Ultra Mansion, University Park, Villa Chancerita, Villa Chancery, Villa Des Flores, Visin Apartment, Waldorf Mansions, Watten Estate Condo,Watten Estate, Watten Hill, Whitley Heights Condo.

Then, we look at the list of private property projects in D15:

Alpha Apartments, Amber Park, Amber Point, Amber Road No.11, Amber Towers, Amberglades, Aquarine Gardens, Aquene @ Telok Kurau, Arthur 118, Arthur Court, Arthur Mansions, Aspen Loft, Axis @ Siglap, Beta Grove, Bournemouth Eight, Breezeway in Katong, Burnfoot Terrace, Butterworth 33, Butterworth 8, Butterworth View, Cadence Light, Camay Court, Camelot, Canary Ville, Cannaville, Carpmael Lodge, Casa Fidelio, Casa Merah, Casa Meyfort, Casafina, Casero @ Dunman, Castle Court, Casuarina Cove, Cathay Gardens, Ceylon Court, Ceylon Crest, Ceylon Flats, Chapel Close, Chapel Court, Chapel Lodge, Chapel Mansions, Chelsea Lodge, Chia Garden, Chiang's Court, Chiku Mansions, Chin Bee Mansion, Coastarina, Costa Del Sol, Costa Rhu, Cote D'Azur, Crane Court, Crescendo Park, Crystal Rhu, Culford Gardens, D'Ecosia, D'Focus Apartment, D'Marine, D'Saville, Dawn Ville, De La Salle, Deng Fu Court, Duku Apartment, Duku Court, Dunman Place, Dunman Place, Dunman View, East Coast Apartments, East Coast Mansions, East Coast Park, East Court, East Galleria, East Grove, East Meadows, East Palm, East Shore Court, East Side Loft, East Signature, East Signature, East Treasure, East View, East Ville, Eastern Lagoon II, Eastern Mansions, Eastern Residence, Eastwind Mansions, Eastwood Gardens, Ebony Mansions, Ee Wang Park, Emerald East, Emery Point, Emprado Suites, Eng Say Garden, Equatorial Apartments, Espace, Estique, Euro-Asia Lodge, Everitt Green, Fenara Court, Fernwood Terrace, Fernwood Towers, Finland Gardens, Flamingo Valley, Flora East, Fort Gardens, Fortredale, Fortune Jade, Fortune Spring, Fortville, Fragrance Centre, Frankel Estate, Galaxy Tower , Gallery 8, Gideon's Lodge, Glenfield Apartments, Gold Palm Mansions, Goldleaf Gardens, Good Earth Lodge, Goodwill Court, Grace Court, Grace Garden, Gracious Mansions, Grand Duchess at St Patrick, Grand Residence, Gray Mansions, Grosvenor View, Haig Apartment, Haig Court, Haig Garden, Haig Groove, Haig Mansions, Haig Ten, Harmony Mansion, Hawaii Tower, Heiwa Court, Heji Gardens, Heritage Residences, Hong Joo Park, Hong Yun Court, Hua Xin Court, Imperial Heights, Ivory Apartments, J Court, Jersey Lodge, Joo Chiat Apartment, Joo Chiat Court, Joo Chiat Lodge, Joo Chiat Mansions, Joy Court, Joyful Mansions, Jupiter Court, K Gardens, Kampong Tembiling, Katong Apartments, Katong Gardens, Katong Mansion, Katong Omega Apartment, Katong Park Towers, Keng Yee Garden, Kim Wee Mansion, King's Apartment, King's Mansions, Klassic Court, Knox View, Koon Seng House, Kurau Court, La Meyer, La Ville, Lagoon View, Laguna Green, Laguna Park, Lau's Arcadia, Le Conney Park, Le Merritt, Leck Teck Court, Legenda, Leyuke Apartments, Liang Apartments, Lodge 77, Long Nian Court, Lotus at Joo Chiat, Madeira Court, Maisonette Apartments, Malvern Springs, Mandarin Garden, Mangis Park, Manila Gardens, Margate Mansions, Margate Point, Marine Mansions, Marine Meadows, Marine Parade Garden, Marine Point, Marine View Mansions, Marshall Lodge, Martia 8, Martia Court, Maybelle Lodge, Melina Court, Mellow Mansions, Mera East, Meyer Park, Meyer Residence, Mia Place, Module, Mountbatten Regency, Nanak Mansions, Nature Mansion, Neptune Court, Ocean Apartments, Ocean Park, Octaville, Onan Court, One Amber, One Fort, One K Greenlane, Ong's Mansion, Opera Estate, Orchid Mansion, Ovada, Palazetto, Palm Beach Gardens , Palm Oasis, Palm Vista, Paradise Palms, Park Court, Park East, Parkshore, Parkway Apartment, Parkway Lodge, Parkway Mansion, Parkway View, Peach Garden, Pebble Bay, Pebble Gardens, Peily Court, Peng's Court, Pine Court, Pinehurst Condo, Ping View, Poh Heng Court , Pomex Court, Poshgrove East, Prestige Residence, Pumpkin Garden , Radix, Rambai Court, Rambutan Mansions , Rich East Garden , Richmond Court , Riveredge, Roman Terrace, Rose Lane Court, Rose Maison, Rose Mansion, Rose Ville, Royale Mansions, Sanctuary Green, Sandal Woods, Sanderiana, Santa Fe Mansions, Sapphire Court, Sayang Villa, Sea Avenue Mansions , Sea Avenue Residences, Sea Breeze Apartment, Seaview Park, Seaview Point, Seraya Court, Seraya Lodge, Seraya Ville, Sheda Lodge, Sheridian Court, Siglap Centre, Siglap Lodge, Siglap Park, Silahis Apartments, Spring @ Katong, Springvale, St Partrick's Loft, St Patrick's Garden, St Patrick's Green, St Patrick's Row, St Patrick's View, St Patrick's Villa, St Patrick's Court, Still Mansions , Stillingia Court, Sunnidora. Sunny Palms, Sunnyvale, Sunrise Townhouse, Sunshine Grandeur, Sunshine Regency, Taipan Grand, Taipan Jade, Taipan Regency, Tandeville, Tanjong Ria, Telok Indah, Telok Kurau Court, Telok Kurau Lodge, Telok Kurau Mansion, Telok Kurau Ria, Telok Kurau View, Telok Mansion, Telok Ville, Tembeling Grove, Terrace View, Tessa Lodge, TG Mansion, The Albracca, The Atria, The Bale, The Beccagayle, The Belvedere, The Bouganville, The Carpmaelina, The Champagne, The East Side, The Elegance @ Changi, The Espira, The Esta, The Geranium, The Glacier, The Glenwood Regency, The Grandiflora, The Hacienda, The Makena, The Medley, The Meyer Place, The Navigators, The Nclave, The Palladium, The Prominence, The Seafront on Meyer, The Seaview, The Silverston, The Sovereign, The Sunniflora, The Sunny Legend, The Treeline, The Vermillion, The Vesta, The View @ Meyer, The Waterside, Tian Court, Tiara Vista, Tierra Vue, Tong Chuan Mansion , Torie Mansions , United Mansion, Veranda, Vertis, Villa Marina , Villa Martia, Vitra, Water Place , Wedgewood Mansions, Wen Yuan Court, Willa Marine, Woo Man Chew Court , Worthington , Yi Li Apartment, Yong Shuey Lodge..

Compare the 2 lists and what can you conclude? Either D15 is too congested or?

i agree on the part of D9 but we are referring to D11. in correction, D11 isn't small in area at all. it is only slightly smaller by a tad if you refer to the district maps.

eng81157
31-03-10, 21:03
% measuring number of sales / number of supply has limitations in statistical means to gauge popularity. I oredi quoted the example of Jurong Island having only 1 house and sold => 100%. It does not imply it is most popular. :doh: Some folks just don't get it in their brains even though it is simple mathematics. :D

By decreasing the denominator (supply) in the formula, one can manipulate to get higher %.

So to conclude, using % is also not the best way to gauge popularity.

And some even confused price as popularity. Does it mean the higher the price (D9 - Orchard Road) means it is more popular? Unfortunately the answer is no. :cool:

Popularity simply means the absolute number of sales...period...and it means the home buyers perceive D15 as value for money, i.e. it is not priced beyond its intrinsic value. So that's why it is most popular.

Compare to Orchard Road, many home buyers perceived that it is selling way above its intrinsic value, thats y it is less popular (less number of units sold) simply because it is way too expensive! :banghead:

For those who still can't think these through. Let me quote to you car models.

no one said using % is the best and only way to measure popularity. if u can see the insufficiencies of using %, u should also know the weakness of using absolute numbers.

using the lamborghini and bmw analogy is again flawed. if u want a robust analysis, then compare within the same market segment. popularity is intangible in nature and statistics can only be used as a proxy for measurement. like what i said previously, there are a thousand and one ways to interpret data

eng81157
31-03-10, 21:07
Yes you are right, D11 looks a tad smaller than D15, but it consists of part of McRitchie reservior, a large part of Caldecolt hill private low-rise landed estates, and also the hospital hubs. In fact, the D11 population is much smaller than what the district size suggests. To show you an idea, let's look at the list of private property projects in D11:

24 @ Newton, 28 Shelford, Adam Park, Adam Place, Amaninda, Amaryllis Ville, Appleton View, Armadalem, Ava Towers, Balestier Tower, Bassein Court, Belmondo View, Belmondo View, Binjai Crest, Binjai Park, Birmingham Mansions, Bright Apartments, Buckley 18, Buckley Mansions, Buckley Mews, Buckley Residence, Camden Park, Casa Contendere, Casa Irrawaddy, Casa Melwani, Casa Perla, Chancery Corner, Chancery Court, Chancery Esquire, Chancery Garden, Chancery Grove, Chancery Lodge, Chancery Park, Chelsea Grove, Chong Kim Apartmnet, City Edge, Concorde, De Paradiso, Derby Court, Derbyshire Court, Derbyshire Heights, Derbyshire Mansions, D'Evelyn, Duearn Court, Duneran Gardens, Eco Ville, Elegance View, Elmira Heights, Eng Aun Park, Espana, Essen Apartments, Evelyn Mansions, Gilstead 38, Gilstead Apartment, Gilstead Brooks, Gilstead Court, Gilstead Mansion, Gilstead View, Gloucester Mansions, Goldhill Garden, Goldhill Towers, Goodwill Mansion, Grand Tower, Hillcrest Arcadia, Hillside Homes, Hollywood Park, Iridium, Jade Gardens, Jubilation Apartment, Kartar Apartments, Kellett Court, Kew Lodge, Kheam Hock Garden, La Maison, La Novelle, La Suisse 1, La Suisse 2, Le Shantier, Lincoln Lodge, Lincolnsvale, Lion Towers , Lutus at Mount Rosie , Maison Royale, Malcolm Park, Mandalay Court, Mandalay Mansion, Mandalay Towers, Mandalay Ville, Mandale Heights, Minbu Court, Minbu Villa, Miro, Monarchy Apartment, Montebleu, Morimasa Gardens, Moulmein Court, Moulmein Green, Moulmein Rise, Moulmein View, Mount Rosie Garden, Newton 18, Newton Euro-Asia, Newton Meadows, Newton One, Newton Point, Newton Suites, Newton View, Novena Court, Novena Gardens, Novena Hall (International Students Hostel), Novena Hill, Novena lodge, Novena Suites, Novena Ville, Olivio, One Akyab, Orchid Apartmemt, Parc Infinia @ Wee Nam, Pasadena, Pavillion II at Novena, Pastoral View, Peak Court Condo, Peppermint Grove, Pinacle 16, Point Loma, Residences @ Evelyn, Rocca Balestier, Rosevale, Ruby Plaza, Scenic Heights, Seedevi, Setia Residences, Shan Court, Shan Gate Apartment, Shelford Court, Shelford Green, Shelford Regency, Shelford Residences, Shelford Vale, Shelford View, Sky @ Eleven, Soleil @ Sinaran, Star Mansions , Strata, Suffolk Apartments, Suffolk Premier, Suites @ Surrey, Surrey Court , Surrey Point, Surrey Ville, Swiss Club Villas, Tan Tong Meng Tower , Ten @ Suffolk , The Albany , The Ansley, The Arcadia , The Axis, The Chancery Residence, The Hill Park , The Huntington , The Linc, The Lincoln Modern, The Medge, The Montebleu, The Sentinel, The Shelford, The Spinnaker, The Trevose, Thomson Euro-Asia, Thomson Mansions, Tian So Heights, Trevose 12, Trevose Park, Tudor Ten, Ultra Mansion, University Park, Villa Chancerita, Villa Chancery, Villa Des Flores, Visin Apartment, Waldorf Mansions, Watten Estate Condo,Watten Estate, Watten Hill, Whitley Heights Condo.

Alpha Apartments, Amber Park, Amber Point, Amber Road No.11, Amber Towers, Amberglades, Aquarine Gardens, Aquene @ Telok Kurau, Arthur 118, Arthur Court, Arthur Mansions, Aspen Loft, Axis @ Siglap, Beta Grove, Bournemouth Eight, Breezeway in Katong, Burnfoot Terrace, Butterworth 33, Butterworth 8, Butterworth View, Cadence Light, Camay Court, Camelot, Canary Ville, Cannaville, Carpmael Lodge, Casa Fidelio, Casa Merah, Casa Meyfort, Casafina, Casero @ Dunman, Castle Court, Casuarina Cove, Cathay Gardens, Ceylon Court, Ceylon Crest, Ceylon Flats, Chapel Close, Chapel Court, Chapel Lodge, Chapel Mansions, Chelsea Lodge, Chia Garden, Chiang's Court, Chiku Mansions, Chin Bee Mansion, Coastarina, Costa Del Sol, Costa Rhu, Cote D'Azur, Crane Court, Crescendo Park, Crystal Rhu, Culford Gardens, D'Ecosia, D'Focus Apartment, D'Marine, D'Saville, Dawn Ville, De La Salle, Deng Fu Court, Duku Apartment, Duku Court, Dunman Place, Dunman Place, Dunman View, East Coast Apartments, East Coast Mansions, East Coast Park, East Court, East Galleria, East Grove, East Meadows, East Palm, East Shore Court, East Side Loft, East Signature, East Signature, East Treasure, East View, East Ville, Eastern Lagoon II, Eastern Mansions, Eastern Residence, Eastwind Mansions, Eastwood Gardens, Ebony Mansions, Ee Wang Park, Emerald East, Emery Point, Emprado Suites, Eng Say Garden, Equatorial Apartments, Espace, Estique, Euro-Asia Lodge, Everitt Green, Fenara Court, Fernwood Terrace, Fernwood Towers, Finland Gardens, Flamingo Valley, Flora East, Fort Gardens, Fortredale, Fortune Jade, Fortune Spring, Fortville, Fragrance Centre, Frankel Estate, Galaxy Tower , Gallery 8, Gideon's Lodge, Glenfield Apartments, Gold Palm Mansions, Goldleaf Gardens, Good Earth Lodge, Goodwill Court, Grace Court, Grace Garden, Gracious Mansions, Grand Duchess at St Patrick, Grand Residence, Gray Mansions, Grosvenor View, Haig Apartment, Haig Court, Haig Garden, Haig Groove, Haig Mansions, Haig Ten, Harmony Mansion, Hawaii Tower, Heiwa Court, Heji Gardens, Heritage Residences, Hong Joo Park, Hong Yun Court, Hua Xin Court, Imperial Heights, Ivory Apartments, J Court, Jersey Lodge, Joo Chiat Apartment, Joo Chiat Court, Joo Chiat Lodge, Joo Chiat Mansions, Joy Court, Joyful Mansions, Jupiter Court, K Gardens, Kampong Tembiling, Katong Apartments, Katong Gardens, Katong Mansion, Katong Omega Apartment, Katong Park Towers, Keng Yee Garden, Kim Wee Mansion, King's Apartment, King's Mansions, Klassic Court, Knox View, Koon Seng House, Kurau Court, La Meyer, La Ville, Lagoon View, Laguna Green, Laguna Park, Lau's Arcadia, Le Conney Park, Le Merritt, Leck Teck Court, Legenda, Leyuke Apartments, Liang Apartments, Lodge 77, Long Nian Court, Lotus at Joo Chiat, Madeira Court, Maisonette Apartments, Malvern Springs, Mandarin Garden, Mangis Park, Manila Gardens, Margate Mansions, Margate Point, Marine Mansions, Marine Meadows, Marine Parade Garden, Marine Point, Marine View Mansions, Marshall Lodge, Martia 8, Martia Court, Maybelle Lodge, Melina Court, Mellow Mansions, Mera East, Meyer Park, Meyer Residence, Mia Place, Module, Mountbatten Regency, Nanak Mansions, Nature Mansion, Neptune Court, Ocean Apartments, Ocean Park, Octaville, Onan Court, One Amber, One Fort, One K Greenlane, Ong's Mansion, Opera Estate, Orchid Mansion, Ovada, Palazetto, Palm Beach Gardens , Palm Oasis, Palm Vista, Paradise Palms, Park Court, Park East, Parkshore, Parkway Apartment, Parkway Lodge, Parkway Mansion, Parkway View, Peach Garden, Pebble Bay, Pebble Gardens, Peily Court, Peng's Court, Pine Court, Pinehurst Condo, Ping View, Poh Heng Court , Pomex Court, Poshgrove East, Prestige Residence, Pumpkin Garden , Radix, Rambai Court, Rambutan Mansions , Rich East Garden , Richmond Court , Riveredge, Roman Terrace, Rose Lane Court, Rose Maison, Rose Mansion, Rose Ville, Royale Mansions, Sanctuary Green, Sandal Woods, Sanderiana, Santa Fe Mansions, Sapphire Court, Sayang Villa, Sea Avenue Mansions , Sea Avenue Residences, Sea Breeze Apartment, Seaview Park, Seaview Point, Seraya Court, Seraya Lodge, Seraya Ville, Sheda Lodge, Sheridian Court, Siglap Centre, Siglap Lodge, Siglap Park, Silahis Apartments, Spring @ Katong, Springvale, St Partrick's Loft, St Patrick's Garden, St Patrick's Green, St Patrick's Row, St Patrick's View, St Patrick's Villa, St Patrick's Court, Still Mansions , Stillingia Court, Sunnidora. Sunny Palms, Sunnyvale, Sunrise Townhouse, Sunshine Grandeur, Sunshine Regency, Taipan Grand, Taipan Jade, Taipan Regency, Tandeville, Tanjong Ria, Telok Indah, Telok Kurau Court, Telok Kurau Lodge, Telok Kurau Mansion, Telok Kurau Ria, Telok Kurau View, Telok Mansion, Telok Ville, Tembeling Grove, Terrace View, Tessa Lodge, TG Mansion, The Albracca, The Atria, The Bale, The Beccagayle, The Belvedere, The Bouganville, The Carpmaelina, The Champagne, The East Side, The Elegance @ Changi, The Espira, The Esta, The Geranium, The Glacier, The Glenwood Regency, The Grandiflora, The Hacienda, The Makena, The Medley, The Meyer Place, The Navigators, The Nclave, The Palladium, The Prominence, The Seafront on Meyer, The Seaview, The Silverston, The Sovereign, The Sunniflora, The Sunny Legend, The Treeline, The Vermillion, The Vesta, The View @ Meyer, The Waterside, Tian Court, Tiara Vista, Tierra Vue, Tong Chuan Mansion , Torie Mansions , United Mansion, Veranda, Vertis, Villa Marina , Villa Martia, Vitra, Water Place , Wedgewood Mansions, Wen Yuan Court, Willa Marine, Woo Man Chew Court , Worthington , Yi Li Apartment, Yong Shuey Lodge..

ouch, my eyes are bleeding. if D15 is slightly larger, there should naturally be more housing eh? can also argue that D15 has the beach, useless army bases and land sucking golf courses. but hey, you are right in saying D11 is smaller than D15, but just that it's not as small as D9.

teddybear
31-03-10, 21:16
If to compare D9 to D11, I believe D9 is more popular despite its smaller size, and that is why prices have been bidded up sky high (>$5000 psf! Ochs! Very hot indeed!)

If we leave D9 aside and consider D15, and If D15 is just a tad bigger than D11, why the list of projects in D15 is more than double that of D11? Unfortunately there is no easy way for us to know the number of private households in each districts. Anybody have the figures?

ouch, my eyes are bleeding. if D15 is slightly larger, there should naturally be more housing eh? can also argue that D15 has the beach, useless army bases and land sucking golf courses. but hey, you are right in saying D11 is smaller than D15, but just that it's not as small as D9.

proud owner
31-03-10, 21:59

Tell me frankly, which is more popular in terms of sales? :spliff:[/quote]

Toyota

stop this nonsense .. i cant

stop this nonsense ... i cant

opps its a TOYOTA ..just cant stop

proud owner
31-03-10, 22:03

its scary isnt it .... so many condos in east coast ..

when shit hits the fence ... can you imagine how many people would be SELLING ?

even when theres no shit ... when come time to sell ... one would have to compete with his own fellow neighbours ...

teddybear
31-03-10, 22:04
Toyota? Accelerator got stuck so can't stop? :D
I have a BMW before and it is terrible!

Toyota

opps its a TOYOTA ..just cant stop[/quote]

Lou
31-03-10, 23:56

My :2cents: . No need to get all worked up & defensive. Agreed that from statistical point of view it means nothing. The key point is here "most popular", like said in the article there are more developements in D15.

Just ask yourself one question, why are there more launches, developments, etc... in D15. Because residential density higher there?,etc...if could be due to hundreds of reasons. But the one you should want to take note is because there is a DEMAND for D15 properties, hence there is more supply which means more sales. End of the day it boils down to people perception of D15 and its their sentiments that drive this demand. Whether how crap the report is which I agree, you have to admit that many people Wants to stay in D15.

tanumy
01-04-10, 00:01
Due to singapore 4th university D18 going to have strong transaction in years to come.

Reporter
01-04-10, 00:03
Due to singapore 4th university D18 going to have strong transaction in years to come.
With this 12 midnight alarm just sounded above, I wish everyone a happy April Fool Day and Goodnight!

tanumy
01-04-10, 00:08
New condo in D18 going to draw huge interest. Buy Double bay residence which is near simei mrt, close to singaproe 4th univeristy, japanese school, changi airport and east coast park is near by and also upcoming changi business park developement.

many shopping malls coming up with couple of tourist hotels. Great upside potential with great rental yield....

Lou
01-04-10, 00:18
New condo in D18 going to draw huge interest. Buy Double bay residence which is near simei mrt, close to singaproe 4th univeristy, japanese school, changi airport and east coast park is near by and also upcoming changi business park developement.

many shopping malls coming up with couple of tourist hotels. Great upside potential with great rental yield....

yes yes double bay is DA BEST. But just why the prices have come off abit? If so great like you said should be BOOMZ time for double bay.

Wild Falcon
01-04-10, 00:23
D15 - there is a lot a lot of new launches and supply. High plot ratio also means condos are densely built-up. If you see classifieds every Saturday, there will be 3 pages (50 columns of units) for sale in D15/16. That is probably the highest supply for any district. So high supply in a high density area (Tampinese Bedok and Pasir Ris and most crowded HDB estates and most upgraders will stay near their HDB) naturally means high transaction volume. I am very surprised D23 is also in the "hot" list because in terms of private property supply, it is probably one of the lowest and has never been in the limelight. Dairy Farm? Hillview? Cashew? Very small catchment of potential buyers as there are no high density HDB dwellers nearby.

Anyway, I have properties in both D15 and D23. Great news I guess. I'm surprised D9 is not the "hot" list.

But I agree this report is poorly analysed. An area with high supply will definitely generate high volume and looking at Sat's classifieds, D15 probably rank up there in terms of no. of homes on sale at any point in time. But D23 is a very pleasant surprise.

tanumy
01-04-10, 00:56
who say price came off. it is booming... chk ur research.

yes yes double bay is DA BEST. But just why the prices have come off abit? If so great like you said should be BOOMZ time for double bay.

Lou
01-04-10, 01:41
who say price came off. it is booming... chk ur research.

orkay. Congrats to you double bay owners then
BOOMZ time!

EBD
01-04-10, 07:50
With this 12 midnight alarm just sounded above, I wish everyone a happy April Fool Day and Goodnight!

Seems everyone shares your opinion on this character

apple3
01-04-10, 15:02

which property you vested in D18 that give you such anxiety symptoms that have to go around preaching D18?

pearly
01-04-10, 16:26
which property you vested in D18 that give you such anxiety symptoms that have to go around preaching D18?

not sure whether it will create a positive effect or a negative one in the end.

:doh:

eng81157
01-04-10, 20:09

by the looks of it, double bay.....wish u won't be awaken by the track cleaning trains at 4am in the morning

Allthepies
01-04-10, 20:19

Clementi is near to Singapore's 1st,2nd and the upcoming 5th university, Digipen (Top University in Game Development), Top Polys, JCs, ITEs, Secondary schools and Primary schools. :D

Property_Owner
01-04-10, 20:34
I would see BBR to have some room for growth. Lot's of upside to come. May reach 1000psf by end next year.

apple3
01-04-10, 23:18
by the looks of it, double bay.....wish u won't be awaken by the track cleaning trains at 4am in the morning

ya, my guess double bay too. it seems to suggest that double bay buyers are feeling pretty insecure on their purchase and tend to defend whenever the need arise, this guy is different though, it pre-emptive talk-up strike.

I used to spar with another double bay owner for a lengthy period.. whats the name again..

apple3
01-04-10, 23:22
Clementi is near to Singapore's 1st,2nd and the upcoming 5th university, Digipen (Top University in Game Development), Top Polys, JCs, ITEs, Secondary schools and Primary schools. :D

but hor.. woodland got sport school leh, only 1 in singapore. jurong got some lake development, pungol got some water dont know what project, bukit panjang got dtl2 development with plenty of fh/999 land around it..

AI YA... so many nice concerns, HOW?..

Blue
05-04-10, 11:33

There is also a serious flaw using number of projects in D11 vs D15. Firstly, D15 has a large plot of low plot ratio land eg. katong, siglap, telok kurau, joo chiat. A lot of these developments can't even exceed 5 floors. Whereas D11 has mostly all the high plot ratio land, thereby each development can house 100 to 500 units.

You must be vested in D11 and try to associate yourself with D9 / D10. Ahhem...teddy bear will always be a soft toy, and cannot be a a real bear. D11 is always D11 (Balestier / Novena), and cannot be compared in tandem with D9 Orchard Road.

luzman
05-04-10, 12:19
There is also a serious flaw using number of projects in D11 vs D15. Firstly, D15 has a large plot of low plot ratio land eg. katong, siglap, telok kurau, joo chiat. A lot of these developments can't even exceed 5 floors. Whereas D11 has mostly all the high plot ratio land, thereby each development can house 100 to 500 units.

You must be vested in D11 and try to associate yourself with D9 / D10. Ahhem...teddy bear will always be a soft toy, and cannot be a a real bear. D11 is always D11 (Balestier / Novena), and cannot be compared in tandem with D9 Orchard Road.
I think all the arguments are all talk and talk..the best test is the following :

If you have the $, which will you buy? District 15 or 9? If 100 person tell you they prefer district 9 versus 10 person who prefers district 15..then district 9 is the most popular...

The prices of the condo in which district already reflects its exclusivity and its high regards among property buyers...

What analogy with BMW and lambogini....?

eng81157
05-04-10, 15:07
I think all the arguments are all talk and talk..the best test is the following :

If you have the $, which will you buy? District 15 or 9? If 100 person tell you they prefer district 9 versus 10 person who prefers district 15..then district 9 is the most popular...

The prices of the condo in which district already reflects its exclusivity and its high regards among property buyers...

What analogy with BMW and lambogini....?

the price test is flawed. it measures scarcity - simple demand and supply.
using price as a measure for popularity is as good as saying this,

just because mandarin's charging more than $20 for a chicken rice meal and boon tong kee's charging at $3-4 for theirs, thereby equates that mandarin's more popular.

both serve different market segments, should refrain from using price as a gauge of popularity

teddybear
05-04-10, 17:48
As I had said before, D15 is not the most popular (although it has highest transactions). I believe D9 is the most popular, that is why the price is also the highest, going up to $5600 psf! Obviously D11 can't compare to D9. This is a fact. However, you seem to advocate that D15 is better than D9?

If compare D15 to D11, we have D11 transacting at >$2250 psf now. In fact, the median price in D11 is probably >$1800 psf now. What is the highest price in D15? What is the median price in D15? This will help to gauge "popular" base on price. Do you genuinely believe that a property can be super popular and super hot and super in demand when it keep transacting at such low price compared to the other "unpopular" properties? :banghead:

teddybear
05-04-10, 17:52
If mandarin can charge $20 per chicken rice meal and yet earns much more than boon tong kee's $3-4, doesn't it tell us something about mandarin? Isn't mandarin's chicken rice super hot and in demand? Otherwise what can be the conclusion? Those people who buy mandarin are so stupid? :scared-2:

the price test is flawed. it measures scarcity - simple demand and supply.
using price as a measure for popularity is as good as saying this,

just because mandarin's charging more than $20 for a chicken rice meal and boon tong kee's charging at $3-4 for theirs, thereby equates that mandarin's more popular.

both serve different market segments, should refrain from using price as a gauge of popularity

tanumy
05-04-10, 17:54
go invest in d18. t best.:)

Blue
05-04-10, 18:19
As I had said before, D15 is not the most popular (although it has highest transactions). I believe D9 is the most popular, that is why the price is also the highest, going up to $5600 psf! Obviously D11 can't compare to D9. This is a fact. However, you seem to advocate that D15 is better than D9?

If compare D15 to D11, we have D11 transacting at >$2250 psf now. In fact, the median price in D11 is probably >$1800 psf now. What is the highest price in D15? What is the median price in D15? This will help to gauge "popular" base on price. Do you genuinely believe that a property can be super popular and super hot and super in demand when it keep transacting at such low price compared to the other "unpopular" properties? :banghead:

Again, pple like to confuse popularity with price. High price does not mean it's popular. It simply means it is priced way out of its perceived value or in other words, "carrot". :p

Of cos, if D9 is priced the same as D15, then it sure will be more popular than D15.

And I wouldn't say the same for D10 or D11 simply because these areas do not appeal to us :tsk-tsk:

At the end of the day, perceived value is up to individual. No one's opinion can rule over the others.

Whether be it Mandarin's chicken rice or Boon Tong Kee's chicken rice, both are chicken rice at different prices that goes into the stomach but the output you get is the same.

tanumy
05-04-10, 18:22
d18 t besttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt

Again, pple like to confuse popularity with price. High price does not mean it's popular. It simply means it is priced way out of its perceived value or in other words, "carrot". :p

Of cos, if D9 is priced the same as D15, then it sure will be more popular than D15.

And I wouldn't say the same for D10 or D11 simply because these areas do not appeal to us :tsk-tsk:

At the end of the day, perceived value is up to individual. No one's opinion can rule over the others.

Whether be it Mandarin's chicken rice or Boon Tong Kee's chicken rice, both are chicken rice at different prices that goes into the stomach but the output you get is the same.

eng81157
05-04-10, 20:48
If mandarin can charge $20 per chicken rice meal and yet earns much more than boon tong kee's $3-4, doesn't it tell us something about mandarin? Isn't mandarin's chicken rice super hot and in demand? Otherwise what can be the conclusion? Those people who buy mandarin are so stupid? :scared-2:

mandarin and boon tong kee cater to different consumer segments, duh. :doh: one thing's clear is that your knowledge of branding is close to zlich.
same food, different branding, different premium charged. the expensive price just clearly tells us mandarin is not selling merely chicken rice, the brand sells a lifestyle along with consumption of a meal.

so please, don't ever use price as a yardstick for popularity. price is the result of demand-supply and scarcity of resources. popularity is the state of being sought after, or what consumers/buyers clamour for.

teddybear
05-04-10, 21:36
If something is more popular, this should means big demand. If big demand means prices will be higher right? No? Assume D11 and D15 has equal number of properties available (though this is most likely not the case because D15 has highest number of transactions yet commanding lower price than D11), D11 now trading mostly higher than D15, why? Isn't it because more demand (may be less supply) => higher price => more popular? Ok, just forget about "popular". Just take it that there is "more demand" for D11 vs D15 properties. "MORE DEMAND" to me means "more popular". You can choose to ignore this fact but you cannot ignore the fact that D15 is cheaper than D11.
People can choose where they want to buy. If D11 not more popular why price is higher? Why price higher and people still willing to pay higher price? What you said doesn't make sense.

mandarin and boon tong kee cater to different consumer segments, duh. :doh: one thing's clear is that your knowledge of branding is close to zlich.
same food, different branding, different premium charged. the expensive price just clearly tells us mandarin is not selling merely chicken rice, the brand sells a lifestyle along with consumption of a meal.

so please, don't ever use price as a yardstick for popularity. price is the result of demand-supply and scarcity of resources. popularity is the state of being sought after, or what consumers/buyers clamour for.

luzman
06-04-10, 11:49

I think Mr eng81157 needs to go back to school to study some Economics 101....price means many things my friend...if there is no demand or not popular...do you think the price will be high? let's not talk about branding in property market...can you tell me which district is branded? Come on, let's talk some sense in this forum...the high price in district 9, 10 and 11 is primarily due to its appeal to very central locations, very attractive shopping and eatting...world class buzz area...therefore, there is a lot a demand there....and based on simple economics, demand is higher than supply....and hence the price trends up...

If you still have no idea what i talked about, I sugguest you pick up an economics book and start reading...or maybe you can sign up some class to learn about economics and market forces that drive pricing..

luzman
06-04-10, 11:56

Priced way out of perceived value?? Who gives you the authority to say what is its percieved value?? To many people, its value is there and that's y people pay such prices....to you, its not worth the $? That's your problem because prices are determined by market forces..

To me, market forces determined the prices...who cares what is your percieved value...I also think the percieved value in Singapore should be less than $500psf everywhere in Singapore but the market doesnt think so...so, what do u do? Accept the fact that market forces will determine the fair prices and value...that's free market economics...

Blue
06-04-10, 12:24
Priced way out of perceived value?? Who gives you the authority to say what is its percieved value?? To many people, its value is there and that's y people pay such prices....to you, its not worth the $? That's your problem because prices are determined by market forces..

To me, market forces determined the prices...who cares what is your percieved value...I also think the percieved value in Singapore should be less than $500psf everywhere in Singapore but the market doesnt think so...so, what do u do? Accept the fact that market forces will determine the fair prices and value...that's free market economics...

The Hello Kitty Syndrome....it was first launched in Mcdonalds with long strings of overnight queues eyeing to get hold of the full collection of Hello Kitty series. And in the secondary market, these soft toys were sold at 20 times higher than its original price. You term this as popular???

And now, even you give the soft toys away for free, some may not even want it.

Likewise, when the market corrects, we will see which District is more popular in terms of price fall. :cool:

The District that that most buy to invest or the District that most buy to stay?

The District that charges "carrot" prices or the District that charges reasonable prices?

teddybear
06-04-10, 12:49
Cannot compare to Hello Kitty syndrome.

1) Those who pay so much money for D9-D11 properties are rich. They get rich because they are stupid? (based on your reasoning?)

2) What is value? These people are so rich that their perceived value is different from others (e.g. you). You may think it is worth $1000 psf, but some of them think the property in D9 is worth $5600 psf. We don't see them paying $5600 psf for D15?

3) These rich people are also the ones paying >$1500 psf in 2005 for D9 properties, and that is already prices reached in 1998 (peak prices). They must have seemed stupid to pay such prices at that time. Fast forward to now, don't think anybody can buy any decent FH condo estate with full facilities in D9 at $1500 psf?

The Hello Kitty Syndrome....it was first launched in Mcdonalds with long strings of overnight queues eyeing to get hold of the full collection of Hello Kitty series. And in the secondary market, these soft toys were sold at 20 times higher than its original price. You term this as popular???

Likewise, when the market corrects, we will see which District is more popular in terms of price fall. :cool:

The District that that most buy to invest or the District that most buy to stay?

The District that charges "carrot" prices or the District that charges reasonable prices?

eng81157
06-04-10, 14:13
I think Mr eng81157 needs to go back to school to study some Economics 101....price means many things my friend...if there is no demand or not popular...do you think the price will be high? let's not talk about branding in property market...can you tell me which district is branded? Come on, let's talk some sense in this forum...the high price in district 9, 10 and 11 is primarily due to its appeal to very central locations, very attractive shopping and eatting...world class buzz area...therefore, there is a lot a demand there....and based on simple economics, demand is higher than supply....and hence the price trends up...

If you still have no idea what i talked about, I sugguest you pick up an economics book and start reading...or maybe you can sign up some class to learn about economics and market forces that drive pricing..

i rest my case. u even agree that pricing is about supply and demand. price is about cheap and expensive, popularity is about favourite and hated.

think you need to attend economics 001, branding 001 and english classes.....

Blue
06-04-10, 18:30
Cannot compare to Hello Kitty syndrome.

1) Those who pay so much money for D9-D11 properties are rich. They get rich because they are stupid? (based on your reasoning?)

2) What is value? These people are so rich that their perceived value is different from others (e.g. you). You may think it is worth $1000 psf, but some of them think the property in D9 is worth $5600 psf. We don't see them paying $5600 psf for D15?

3) These rich people are also the ones paying >$1500 psf in 2005 for D9 properties, and that is already prices reached in 1998 (peak prices). They must have seemed stupid to pay such prices at that time. Fast forward to now, don't think anybody can buy any decent FH condo estate with full facilities in D9 at $1500 psf?

Those who can afford Orchard Rd is not necessarily rich. :tongue3: Any middle income can also afford a 1 to 2 bedders in Orchard Rd. For the same amount of money paid, they can also go for double or triple the space i.e. a corner terrace or a semi-D in the RCR where it is only 10 to 15 mins away from Orchard Rd.

The really super duper rich ones are the GCB owners in Nassim Hill area or the ones who spent $10M to buy a super large penthouse in Orchard. Would they bother to squeeze and live in a mickey mouse unit in Orchard Rd? These are mainly bought by speculators or hypes following the Hello Kitty syndrome, thinking that there will be another "carrot" down the road waiting to be chopped. :D

And people are using Orchard Rd to compare alike with Manhattan or Downtown NYC. For all I know, the entire Singapore island is even smaller than NYC, and population is not even 1/3 of NYC. :banghead:

teddybear
06-04-10, 23:31
For all I know, the entire Singapore island is even smaller than NYC, and population is not even 1/3 of NYC.

Above what a load of bullshit. Singapore has a population of 5+m and NYC has a population of about 8m. How can Singapore's population be <1/3 of NYC? Next time better check your data before you talk nonsense here.
Since what you said always so much nonsense, the rest don't have to argue anymore. People live in/near Orchard because of life style, because they like the liveliness and buzz in Orchard, being able to get to Orchard within 5 mins or less, to a stretch of 2.2km of street with shops, restaurants, eateries, and fun all in one place. Where can you find another place like Orchard in Singapore? That is why some people rather buy a mickey mouse hole in/near Orchard than to buy a big pig sty in the suburb (e.g. D15?). :tongue3:
Since these people like it, why should you care? I don't think these people care what you think (else they won't be buying the mickey mouse hole despite so many doom-nayers calling them stupid, idiot, etc for buying a mickey mouse hole in/near Orchard). :p

Those who can afford Orchard Rd is not necessarily rich. :tongue3: Any middle income can also afford a 1 to 2 bedders in Orchard Rd. For the same amount of money paid, they can also go for double or triple the space i.e. a corner terrace or a semi-D in the RCR where it is only 10 to 15 mins away from Orchard Rd.

The really super duper rich ones are the GCB owners in Nassim Hill area or the ones who spent $10M to buy a super large penthouse in Orchard. Would they bother to squeeze and live in a mickey mouse unit in Orchard Rd? These are mainly bought by speculators or hypes following the Hello Kitty syndrome, thinking that there will be another "carrot" down the road waiting to be chopped. :D

And people are using Orchard Rd to compare alike with Manhattan or Downtown NYC. For all I know, the entire Singapore island is even smaller than NYC, and population is not even 1/3 of NYC. :banghead:

luzman
06-04-10, 23:35
i rest my case. u even agree that pricing is about supply and demand. price is about cheap and expensive, popularity is about favourite and hated.

think you need to attend economics 001, branding 001 and english classes.....

I think you are one that needs some brushing in English...Let me reiterate again if you don't get my point:

Price is always dependent on supply and demand....that's the basis of economics...Price is not about expansive or cheap..expansive or cheap is a perception...you need to justify when you say whether it is expansive or cheap as you will need to compare similar properties with similar traits...just like when you buy stock...(if you don't understand what i mean again...i am sorry for your lack of knowledge)

Popularity means very well liked....if you are very popular...it means u are well liked....so, what does that translate to? You are in demand and people like u...

So, back to property...if a district is well liked...it is very popular...so, everyone also wants to buy it...so, what happens...? people will pay for the market value....so, if the district is popular, what will happen to the market value? It will go up right? Prices will go up right? What is keeping the momentum of pricing go up? Supply becomes less because everyone wants it right? It in turn pushes the prices higher and higher...that's the market forces of free economy and the theory of Economics will tell you prices is determined by supply and demand. If the district is not popular, even if you keep the supply limited, the prices will remain stagnant...so, my point is that popularity drives demand and causes prices to remain high...

Sorry folks for giving a very simple and long description because someone here obvious do not understand what i am talking about...

jlrx
07-04-10, 01:00
Please say good things about districts 9 and 15, and not bad things about each other. :eek:

Both districts are very good! Here is why:

District 15

Singapore's southeastern shoreline has always been a tremendously popular location for living and playing.

Clear, unblocked views to the eastern Straits of Singapore will soon show you why. :cheers1:

District 9

Centrally-located districts boasting some of the most beautiful condominium architecture in the country.

Called the "prime districts" because condominium prices and land values here are the highest in Singapore.

Glitz, glamour, shopping, wining and dining - it all happens here. :cheers6:

luzman
07-04-10, 01:13

Ok...let me dispute you point by point to make knock some sense into you for your argument...

First, hello kitty??? you are confusing fad with market demand...hello kiddy is a fad at that time...people chase it but it fizzle out in no one...

Property market price is not a fad..its determine my market forces...U wont see a price go down suddenly because people lose interest in it after a while..it will only come down when there is a crisis and nothing else..even so, it will always trend up...

Second...you made a comment that when crisis come, we will see which district is more popular in price fall....
Here, you are confused again....why do i say that...because it may be true that investment properties usually experienced greater price fall...sure, but because they experienced greater price rises during uptime, it is also normal that they experience more price fall..that's just logic...and nothing else...you wouldnt want to buy a stock that dont go up too much and dont go down too much..do u?

At the day, those properties for own stay will remain a little up and a little down depends on how the economy is doing...

gfoo
07-04-10, 01:20
a swatch irony costs $200
an omega automatic costs $2000
both use a $10 brass movement from ETA
nobody aspires to wear a swatch

Regulators
07-04-10, 01:25
You are wrong...Swatch caters to a different generation and most of those who wear Swatch are students and youngsters who identify it as hip. If you tell a youngster to wear an Omega, he might feel it is too old.

gfoo
07-04-10, 03:58
You are wrong...Swatch caters to a different generation and most of those who wear Swatch are students and youngsters who identify it as hip. If you tell a youngster to wear an Omega, he might feel it is too old.

but that's also subjective - to my correlation on how different strokes view property differently. back in primary/sec, swatch wasn't viewed as anything special and classmates aspired for a TAG or seamaster ora submariner. just as today, some grownups aspire towards rolexes whilst others will not touch it with a barge pole.

thus there is no point arguing which district is better than the other, nor should one even bother to try to comprehend why someone talks up his district. a rolex owner will always view his as a better buy than a patek - but no matter what brand, complication or price - a $10 quartz watch does the same function.

but brand recognition changes over time. yesterday's eterna is displaced by today's richard mille. d15 was the historical sentosa cove of old where the v rich owned waterfrt estates, today its more mass market. today marina bay, tomorrow tanjong pagar .... who knows?

stalingrad
07-04-10, 10:06
just read a book about the battle of berlin in WWII. the first thing that the russians grab when taking germans prisoners is their watches. they kill those without watches. obviously, any watch will do. if there were rolexes already in 1945, these russians probably wouldn't care.

Blue
07-04-10, 11:21
Please say good things about districts 9 and 15, and not bad things about each other. :eek:

Both districts are very good! Here is why:

District 15

Singapore's southeastern shoreline has always been a tremendously popular location for living and playing.

Clear, unblocked views to the eastern Straits of Singapore will soon show you why. :cheers1:

District 9

Centrally-located districts boasting some of the most beautiful condominium architecture in the country.

Called the "prime districts" because condominium prices and land values here are the highest in Singapore.

Glitz, glamour, shopping, wining and dining - it all happens here. :cheers6:

Agree with Master of Propertism that we should not be downplaying districts. There is no doubt D9 will always have a premium over D15 because of its prime location. But tat does not mean it's the most popular because of this premium price it charges. Nobody dreams to stay in a mickey mouse unit in Orchard Road. All we know that affordability comes into play.

To live in a mickey house hole with no place to store goods, so what if you stay in or behind Orchard Rd? Build storage in the ceiling? :D Everyday can only do window shopping? Don't you feel very awkward to host parties because more than 3 persons in the hole is already super cramped? Sorry, I don't think many will envy such "upclass" living...:doh:

Then again, to each its own. Singapore is too small to talk about segregating what's prime and what's not prime, what's swatch and what's omega. Because the amount one pays for an omega, another can buy 10 x swatch watches. D9 prices is probably only twice of D15. It's more like a Rolex compared to Omega.

Please go and buy all D9 properties since it is super popular because it will eventually lead D15 prices to go higher. ;)

tanumy
07-04-10, 12:43
SOON NEXT YEAR DISTRICT 18 GOING TO TAKE OVER.....:)

Agree with Master of Propertism that we should not be downplaying districts. There is no doubt D9 will always have a premium over D15 because of its prime location. But tat does not mean it's the most popular because of this premium price it charges. Nobody dreams to stay in a mickey mouse unit in Orchard Road. All we know that affordability comes into play.

To live in a mickey house hole with no place to store goods, so what if you stay in or behind Orchard Rd? Build storage in the ceiling? :D Everyday can only do window shopping? Don't you feel very awkward to host parties because more than 3 persons in the hole is already super cramped? Sorry, I don't think many will envy such "upclass" living...:doh:

Then again, to each its own. Singapore is too small to talk about segregating what's prime and what's not prime, what's swatch and what's omega. Because the amount one pays for an omega, another can buy 10 x swatch watches. D9 prices is probably only twice of D15. It's more like a Rolex compared to Omega.

Please go and buy all D9 properties since it is super popular because it will eventually lead D15 prices to go higher. ;)

luzman
07-04-10, 14:40

Sorry i have to disagree with your point again...because i think it is important that we are making correct statement in the forum for better decision making..

1) You mentioned that prime does not mean popular....I think you need to qualify this statement....popular with who? Investors or own stay? District 9 is popular with investors...and will remain so for many years..district 15 is popular for middle income people to stay...

2) About mickey mouse house..i am sure it is not just limited to district 9..we have seen many mickey house units also appearing in district 15..eg siglap V and Guillemard suites...so, it not a district problem..its a developer's problem..

3) Singapore is small but it doesnt mean it cannot have prime or not prime area...based on your comment...does that mean woodlands must have the same price as Marina bay?? Does that mean HDB prices are all the same since Singapore is so small, there should not be any differentiation? Try telling this to Mah Bow Tan...and he might laugh...

gfoo
07-04-10, 15:27
just read a book about the battle of berlin in WWII. the first thing that the russians grab when taking germans prisoners is their watches. they kill those without watches. obviously, any watch will do. if there were rolexes already in 1945, these russians probably wouldn't care.

of course lah, most of the german army watches were langes or gub ;) check out ebay - many recased ww2 lange and gub movts selling in the high thousands

Blue
07-04-10, 15:45
Sorry i have to disagree with your point again...because i think it is important that we are making correct statement in the forum for better decision making..

1) You mentioned that prime does not mean popular....I think you need to qualify this statement....popular with who? Investors or own stay? District 9 is popular with investors...and will remain so for many years..district 15 is popular for middle income people to stay...

2) About mickey mouse house..i am sure it is not just limited to district 9..we have seen many mickey house units also appearing in district 15..eg siglap V and Guillemard suites...so, it not a district problem..its a developer's problem..

3) Singapore is small but it doesnt mean it cannot have prime or not prime area...based on your comment...does that mean woodlands must have the same price as Marina bay?? Does that mean HDB prices are all the same since Singapore is so small, there should not be any differentiation? Try telling this to Mah Bow Tan...and he might laugh...

You don't have to agree with me bec I know you bought a mickey mouse unit in so called D9 - Parc Emily. It is nearer to Little India than Orchard Road. :D So don't tell people you stay / bgt Orchard Rd okay?

It's like buying an omega and try to make it look like Rolex.

luzman
07-04-10, 16:03
You don't have to agree with me bec I know you bought a mickey mouse unit in so called D9 - Parc Emily. It is nearer to Little India than Orchard Road. :D So don't tell people you stay / bgt Orchard Rd okay?

First of all, I dont buy mickey mouse unit...and i never say anything that I bought near little india..you are arguing like a kid losing an argument...come on...this forum is for adults...

If you cannot rebute all your comments, you should just keep quiet and behave...

gfoo
07-04-10, 16:18

http://www.theboriscollection.com/images/NonCustomWatches/Omega/Men/omega_men_seamaster_professional_300meters.jpghttp://puckishlordofmisrule.files.wordpress.com/2009/01/rolex_submariner2.jpg

Blue
07-04-10, 17:15
First of all, I dont buy mickey mouse unit...and i never say anything that I bought near little india..you are arguing like a kid losing an argument...come on...this forum is for adults...

If you cannot rebute all your comments, you should just keep quiet and behave...

It's ok lah, whether you bought mickey mouse unit or not, or love to stay in Little India over East Coast is none of my business. :D

I oredi said I dun like to beat around the bush or hide behind trees with Ah Nehs, so I dun see why I should continue debating with you,. :beats-me-man:

But please, even though Parc Emily is in D9, it is not even the edge of Orchard Rd. Dun go around boasting you stay in Orchard Rd. :cool:

jlrx
07-04-10, 17:51
Another way to look at the current debate is between Lamborghini Gallardo 5.0 (M) (representing D9) and Porsche 911 GT2 (M) (representing D15).

http://pictures.directnews.co.uk/liveimages/Lamborghini+Gallardo_1915_19313689_0_0_7014003_300.jpghttp://www.29content6.com/germancars/GERMANCARS300.jpg

One problem with D9 (should I call that a problem? :confused: ) is that it's psf is very high so it's very hard to swallow the big apartments or houses (HOUSES !!! :scared-4: ) = Murciélago (My dream car!!! :p )

http://static.blogo.it/autoblog/LamborghiniMurcielagoSV.jpg

I only know Property_Owner here plays with Ardmore Park, Tate Residences and Orchard Residences like playing with toys :scared-4: . The other person is probably Reporter ... wonder how big is his D9 apartment? :confused:

Blue
07-04-10, 18:23
The Master has spoken. This comparison sounds better. In fact, not too long ago, I saw a Lambo owner parked outside of The Shore showflat wor...hmm...;)

tanumy
07-04-10, 18:38
so much discussion for what as next year d18 taking over.

The Master has spoken. This comparison sounds better. In fact, not too long ago, I saw a Lambo owner parked outside of The Shore showflat wor...hmm...;)

luzman
07-04-10, 22:45
It's ok lah, whether you bought mickey mouse unit or not, or love to stay in Little India over East Coast is none of my business. :D

I oredi said I dun like to beat around the bush or hide behind trees with Ah Nehs, so I dun see why I should continue debating with you,. :beats-me-man:

But please, even though Parc Emily is in D9, it is not even the edge of Orchard Rd. Dun go around boasting you stay in Orchard Rd. :cool:

My friend..u sounded like u still in denial...Which statement did i boast that I stay in Orchard Road...u go around telling people half truth information and I am here to correct all your misinformed statements and now, you are behaving like a sore loser..

If u cannot take my response to all your statement like a gentlemen, then you should not make a statement because if you cannot substantiate your statement with a solid argument to back it, you should simply keep quiet because your response to my statement trying to correct all the misinformed information simply shows your lack of maturity in your defence,..:beats-me-man:

Regulators
08-04-10, 01:42
It is true that everyone will find a home in whatever shithole or crappy area. I can only wonder what is on a buyer's mind when he pays close to $1k psf for Centris

but that's also subjective - to my correlation on how different strokes view property differently. back in primary/sec, swatch wasn't viewed as anything special and classmates aspired for a TAG or seamaster ora submariner. just as today, some grownups aspire towards rolexes whilst others will not touch it with a barge pole.

thus there is no point arguing which district is better than the other, nor should one even bother to try to comprehend why someone talks up his district. a rolex owner will always view his as a better buy than a patek - but no matter what brand, complication or price - a $10 quartz watch does the same function.

but brand recognition changes over time. yesterday's eterna is displaced by today's richard mille. d15 was the historical sentosa cove of old where the v rich owned waterfrt estates, today its more mass market. today marina bay, tomorrow tanjong pagar .... who knows?

Blue
08-04-10, 12:33
My friend..u sounded like u still in denial...Which statement did i boast that I stay in Orchard Road...u go around telling people half truth information and I am here to correct all your misinformed statements and now, you are behaving like a sore loser..

If u cannot take my response to all your statement like a gentlemen, then you should not make a statement because if you cannot substantiate your statement with a solid argument to back it, you should simply keep quiet because your response to my statement trying to correct all the misinformed information simply shows your lack of maturity in your defence,..:beats-me-man:

You really fit into Litte India. Dun hestitiate, just go and buy your dream Parc Emily. You have the Ah Neh's characteristics - keep beating ard the bush, hiding among trees and keep demanding for explanations / clarifications. "Why this and why that....blah blah blah blah...". Yet when pple told you the truth and fact, you still can twist it around and ask for more. I don't hv the energy of an Ah Neh...you can continue non-stop, I just rest my case. :D

EBD
08-04-10, 16:31
so much discussion for what as next year d18 taking over.

yeah d18 = d9 x2 .................:doh:

luzman
08-04-10, 16:51
You really fit into Litte India. Dun hestitiate, just go and buy your dream Parc Emily. You have the Ah Neh's characteristics - keep beating ard the bush, hiding among trees and keep demanding for explanations / clarifications. "Why this and why that....blah blah blah blah...". Yet when pple told you the truth and fact, you still can twist it around and ask for more. I don't hv the energy of an Ah Neh...you can continue non-stop, I just rest my case. :D
Dunno what ah neh you are nehing about...talk some much stuff in the above statement but no substance as always...what twist here twist there...i am correcting your twisted information and help others to see the truth..

teddybear
08-04-10, 17:06
Wah you so smart! :D
2x better than D9! :scared-1:

yeah d18 = d9 x2 .................:doh:

jlrx
08-04-10, 18:34
Wah you so smart! :D
2x better than D9! :scared-1:

Then The Estuary is 3x as good as D9! :cheers1:

http://i1.propertyguru.com.sg/images/thumb/b/5/b/6/b5b6581271809_1_V160B.jpg

proud owner
08-04-10, 23:41
Then The Estuary is 3x as good as D9! :cheers1:

http://i1.propertyguru.com.sg/images/thumb/b/5/b/6/b5b6581271809_1_V160B.jpg

D5 is bad .....

its is river valley without sentosa

5 = 9 - 4

jlrx
09-04-10, 01:41
D5 is bad .....

its is river valley without sentosa

5 = 9 - 4

D5 is good.

It is Sentosa + Marina Bay.

5 = 4 + 1

This is proof yet again that properties make good investments! :cheers4:

proud owner
09-04-10, 02:10
D5 is good.

It is Sentosa + Marina Bay.

5 = 4 + 1

This is proof yet again that properties make good investments! :cheers4:

i really like your optimism ... sweet

Blue
09-04-10, 11:25
There are people saying that D15 has the largest area and therefore it has the highest number of supply => thereby resulting in highest number of transactions sold.

In URA records - private non-landed residential projects in the pipeline:

D15: 2302 units
D9: 2045 units
D10: 3067 units
D11: 1130 units

So which district has the highest number of supply but yet not the most popular? D10 :tongue3:

Which district is best selling (most popular) despite not having the highest number of supply? D15 :cheers1:

eng81157
09-04-10, 11:44
I think you are one that needs some brushing in English...Let me reiterate again if you don't get my point:

Price is always dependent on supply and demand....that's the basis of economics...Price is not about expansive or cheap..expansive or cheap is a perception...you need to justify when you say whether it is expansive or cheap as you will need to compare similar properties with similar traits...just like when you buy stock...(if you don't understand what i mean again...i am sorry for your lack of knowledge)

Popularity means very well liked....if you are very popular...it means u are well liked....so, what does that translate to? You are in demand and people like u...

So, back to property...if a district is well liked...it is very popular...so, everyone also wants to buy it...so, what happens...? people will pay for the market value....so, if the district is popular, what will happen to the market value? It will go up right? Prices will go up right? What is keeping the momentum of pricing go up? Supply becomes less because everyone wants it right? It in turn pushes the prices higher and higher...that's the market forces of free economy and the theory of Economics will tell you prices is determined by supply and demand. If the district is not popular, even if you keep the supply limited, the prices will remain stagnant...so, my point is that popularity drives demand and causes prices to remain high...

Sorry folks for giving a very simple and long description because someone here obvious do not understand what i am talking about...

i rest my case as i've always maintained demand and supply drives prices. now you correlate popularity that drives demand which in turns affects price. it's not a pure, direct correlation. your argument assumes there's no addition supply in the scenario when a commodity is popular. wrong! when a commodity is popular, everyone starts jumping on the bandwagon to offer it and take a piece of the pie and then viola, cheap prices. we see that from solar cells to handphones to cars to lcd tvs, etc.

demand and supply drives pricing. not popularity period. only when there is no further supply then we can assume popularity drives up prices, simply because supply cannot keep up with demand.

fyi, you need to learn to spell - it's expEnsive, not expAnsive.....:doh:

Blue
09-04-10, 12:14

Toyota

opps its a TOYOTA ..just cant stop

Right, there was a poll in D9 forum asking prime owners drive wat car. Majority drives below $50K car and some dun even drive.

So should be this comparison:

D15: Toyota (Most popular) :cheers6: Prices just can't stop rising bec of popularity

D9: Perodua Kelisa - Mount a turbocharger on it will make it super fast, some say can be as fast as a Lambo, just like it's sky rocketing prices. But once it crashes, chances of survival is almost 0. :D

luzman
09-04-10, 15:12
i rest my case as i've always maintained demand and supply drives prices. now you correlate popularity that drives demand which in turns affects price. it's not a pure, direct correlation. your argument assumes there's no addition supply in the scenario when a commodity is popular. wrong! when a commodity is popular, everyone starts jumping on the bandwagon to offer it and take a piece of the pie and then viola, cheap prices. we see that from solar cells to handphones to cars to lcd tvs, etc.

demand and supply drives pricing. not popularity period. only when there is no further supply then we can assume popularity drives up prices, simply because supply cannot keep up with demand.

fyi, you need to learn to spell - it's expEnsive, not expAnsive.....:doh:
Let you refute you on your theory again:

Your theory is true if the supply is easily satisfied. We are debating on property my friend in this forum and not commodity. Let's not get confused with the issue at hand. Property market supply is not very elastic. You cannot say if the demand is very high, the developers can flood the markets any time with million of units and the prices will fall...this is not the case because supply is usually controlled and limited..and developers takes time to build...even if they have many landbanks..

Therefore, your seemly sound economic theory fails here because you are assuming a perfect market where supply and demand its perfectly elastic..

So, my theory that because it is popular, it drives demand and because supply is not readily fulfilled, prices will hold and rises remains valid..:doh:

luzman
09-04-10, 15:19
Right, there was a poll in D9 forum asking prime owners drive wat car. Majority drives below $50K car and some dun even drive.

So should be this comparison:

D15: Toyota (Most popular) :cheers6: Prices just can't stop rising bec of popularity

D9: Perodua Kelisa - Mount a turbocharger on it will make it super fast, some say can be as fast as a Lambo, just like it's sky rocketing prices. But once it crashes, chances of survival is almost 0. :D
This Mr Color Blue obviously also never study economics in school...

Test 1:
1) Toyota is most popular but why the prices wont rise so much? Use your brain here...

2) Porsche or Lambogini or Ferrari also popular buy why price remains high? Use our brain here..

Ok...Answer

1) Toyota is marketed as a mid range economical car..and the supply is plenty...its targeted at mass market and supply of cars are in the millions...so, price cannot go very high because of supply and its non exclusivity..

2) Porsche or Ferrari are premium brand car targeted at niche buyers...the supply is limited and so, the price will remain high and exclusive..

If you still dont get it...hmm..well...just reply with your usual load of rubbish with no substance as usual...:sleep:

Blue
09-04-10, 17:26
This Mr Color Blue obviously also never study economics in school...

Test 1:
1) Toyota is most popular but why the prices wont rise so much? Use your brain here...

2) Porsche or Lambogini or Ferrari also popular buy why price remains high? Use our brain here..

Ok...Answer

1) Toyota is marketed as a mid range economical car..and the supply is plenty...its targeted at mass market and supply of cars are in the millions...so, price cannot go very high because of supply and its non exclusivity..

2) Porsche or Ferrari are premium brand car targeted at niche buyers...the supply is limited and so, the price will remain high and exclusive..

If you still dont get it...hmm..well...just reply with your usual load of rubbish with no substance as usual...:sleep:

You just can't stop yeah, Mr Kelisa? Keep stalking my posts like ghosts..eeeks :tongue3:

Come, reply back, I know you will. :D Find loopholes from my above statement. Prove me wrong, prove all D15 owners wrong that they chose the wrong District to buy, prove the press and URA wrong that their figures are incorrect.

Prove all boutique property owners that their home is garbage. Only Little India has the best capital gain upside.

Only D9 is the most popular bec it has limited supply and command highest price, sell all your properties elsewhere and buy D9. It will soar to $5600 psf like nobody business. Stay in mickey mouse unit never mind. Just hang all your Orchard Rd purchases in the ceiling. Save all your money for property investment, just buy Kelisa. Be the super prime carrot head than be a wise investor. :D

teddybear
09-04-10, 22:16
Don't know why these people vested in D15 need to argue so much and trying to preach their D15 to be better than D9, D10 or even D11? Even want to say better than Orchard some more? Let's hear what the property experts say below.

D15 is in RCR, a part where, as mentioned in the article below is for:
These homes are in areas which are not attractive to institutional investors and are also not within the reach of many HDB upgraders.

'Properties in RCR will, however, continue to be attractive to those who remain priced out of the high-end market, or those with a lower risk appetite,'
(what do they mean by "attractive to those who remain priced out of high-end market"? Can't afford is it? :banghead:)

--------------------------------------------------

(http://www.asiaone.com/print/Business/Business.html)
City-fringe units not a sure bet
Fall in prices in first quarter greater than that for properties in city centre, suburbs. -ST

Tue, Apr 21, 2009
The Straits Times
By Joyce Teo
Values for city-fringe homes are typically thought to hold up better than those in the suburbs, but the fall in prices in the first quarter means that this belief may no longer hold true, at least temporarily.
These homes are in areas which are not attractive to institutional investors and are also not within the reach of many HDB upgraders.
In view of these dynamics, the question is whether the areas still present good buys.
The city-fringe areas are what the Urban Redevelopment Authority (URA) terms RCR, or rest of central region. They are sandwiched between the core central region (CCR) - which comprises districts 9, 10, 11, Sentosa and the Central Business District - and the outside central region (OCR).
RCR areas include Paya Lebar, Geylang, Amber Road, Lavender, Toa Payoh, Tiong Bahru and Telok Blangah.
URA data shows that last year, prices of non-landed properties in the city centre, city fringe and suburban areas fell by 5.6 per cent, 4.7 per cent and 2.9 per cent, respectively.
But first-quarter flash estimates show that prices of city- fringe flats slipped by 17.2 per cent - more than the 15.2 per cent drop for city centre flats and the 7.5 per cent fall for suburban ones.
Price
The price index reflects the rate of growth for each region, said Ms Jacqueline Wong, head of residential at Jones Lang LaSalle.
That the RCR experienced the steepest first-quarter price drop based on the flash estimates may just imply that the region is undergoing a greater price correction as prices might have been inflated during the property market boom, she said.
In terms of pricing, RCR pales in comparison to CCR as the latter's branding and location are better, she said.
It is thus fair to say that RCR is 'a poorer cousin to CCR', added Ms Wong.
In some parts of the RCR nearer to the city, developers tend to leverage on prime areas when they sell their projects, said Chesterton Suntec International's Mr Colin Tan.
He said: 'It'll be a discount from prime areas rather than a premium over suburban areas.'
But a price correction is happening now in the RCR, as with other areas.
'At the moment, it is probably perceived as overpriced. Investors may want to wait for it to come down to a more realistic level,' said Mr Tan.
Prime beats RCR
In general, where investors are concerned, prime areas are the best, experts said.
'If you can afford it, buy prime. Depending on the type of properties you buy, there is a better chance for capital appreciation when the market recovers,' said Knight Frank's Mr Nicholas Mak.
'If you cannot, buy a property near an MRT station farther away or in the suburbs if your objective is to cash out.'
Mr Tan said a price recovery, when it comes, will be quicker in an established area like Orchard.
The RCR has quite a few new residential areas, so it may take time for the value in these areas to rise, he said.
City centre properties generally enjoy 'unrivalled prestige, exclusivity and locational advantage', and are hence extremely popular with expatriates, particularly those with higher budgets, said Ms Tay Huey Ying, director for research and advisory at Colliers International.
As prices of these properties have eased substantially from their stratospheric levels in 2007, they would certainly be worthwhile investments for those who can afford it, she said.
A mixed bag
Nevertheless, the RCR is not a write-off, experts stressed.
'Properties in RCR will, however, continue to be attractive to those who remain priced out of the high-end market, or those with a lower risk appetite,' said Ms Tay.
'The RCR is definitely an area not to be forgotten,' said Ms Wong.
February and March sales data has proven that RCR projects such as the sold-out Alexis at Alexandra Road and The Arte at Thomson Road are in strong demand, she said.
'In terms of the leasing market, developments in RCR remain popular among tenants as they are more affordable compared to those in prime areas,' said Ms Wong.
The good thing about RCR is that there is a higher probability that the properties are freehold, Mr Mak said.
Condos in the suburbs next to MRT stations tend to be 99-year leasehold properties.
But unlike the case in most suburban estates, not many RCR projects are near MRT stations.
'The RCR is a mixed bag. For instance, there is Tanjong Rhu which is quite popular and not too far north, and there is Geylang, an area that some people will not touch with a 10-foot pole.'
http://web31.asia1.com.sg/A1MEDIA/news/09Sep08/images/20080901.142610_st_maskhead.jpg (http://www.straitstimes.com/)
This article was first published in The Straits Times (http://www.straitstimes.com/).

jlrx
09-04-10, 23:36
Don't know why these people vested in D15 need to argue so much and trying to preach their D15 to be better than D9, D10 or even D11? Even want to say better than Orchard some more? Let's hear what the property experts say below.

D15 is in RCR, a part where, as mentioned in the article below is for:

'Properties in RCR will, however, continue to be attractive to those who remain priced out of the high-end market, or those with a lower risk appetite,'
(what do they mean by "attractive to those who remain priced out of high-end market"? Can't afford is it? :banghead:)

Very hard to compare like that, unless we compare two properties of the same size, level and facing.

Of course on a psf-to-psf basis, D15 is lower than D9 or 10 (on average) but even that depends on which part of D15 versus which part of D9 and 10.

That's why this debate looks like it's never going to end. :doh:

Reminds me of a primary school question: metal is heavier than wood, true or false? :confused:

jc
10-04-10, 00:47
Ardmore II

2 Ardmore Park #24-04
Freehold
$1600
$3236k
01 Apr 09

2 Ardmore Park #13-04
Freehold
$2549
$5158k
12 Jan 10

In shit times, downside is $900+ to $1000psf. I have a weak heart, cannot take too much of this when maybe some institutional investors start dumping stocks. And there are still some champions yet to recover from record breaking px in 2007. Prime District might give High return, but comes with high risk. If u get the timing wrong, well... :)

teddybear
10-04-10, 01:11
Can't compare like that using absolute $ difference. If you compare by %, anywhere also can go down and go up by about same %. E.g. Telok Karu low was like $700+ psf. Now people asking $1200+ psf (and was about that in 2007 peak). This is like a whopping >42% drop!
On the other hand, the prime properties have not even reached their 2007 peak yet.
In your example of Ardmore II, the difference is 37% only.

Ardmore II

2 Ardmore Park #24-04
Freehold
$1600
$3236k
01 Apr 09

2 Ardmore Park #13-04
Freehold
$2549
$5158k
12 Jan 10

In shit times, downside is $900+ to $1000psf. I have a weak heart, cannot take too much of this when maybe some institutional investors start dumping stocks. And there are still some champions yet to recover from record breaking px in 2007. Prime District might give High return, but comes with high risk. If u get the timing wrong, well... :)

jc
10-04-10, 01:34
Can't compare like that using absolute $ difference. If you compare by %, anywhere also can go down and go up by about same %. E.g. Telok Karu low was like $700+ psf. Now people asking $1200+ psf (and was about that in 2007 peak). This is like a whopping >42% drop!
On the other hand, the prime properties have not even reached their 2007 peak yet.
In your example of Ardmore II, the difference is 37% only.
Haha... Then Seaview launch at $700+ if i remember correctly, ever gone up to $1400+ ie 100%. Like wise other fringe projects like SB, Citylights, etc. also went up 100% b4. In short, it is incorrect to conclude just because URA Price Index for RCR falls more than others for 1 qtr, or institutional investors not buying, it is inferior to D9 10 in that sense we can't make $ investing in them.

And of course Ardmore is still Ardmore, no D15 can replace for now. But not all D9 10 11 are prime, eg. Sky 11 is still in TPY, Cube 8 is in Balestier.

teddybear
10-04-10, 08:06
As far as the definition by URA and what I see, D9-D11 are all considered prime, just that some place are more prime than others. Sky 11 is one of those that are considered Toa Payoh vacinity and the least prime prime of them all, may be equivalent to Mt Sinai area (which is more Ulu Pandan & Clementi than really Holland)? Same for many areas close to Ngee Ann Poly and Upper Bukit Timah areas.

Haha... Then Seaview launch at $700+ if i remember correctly, ever gone up to $1400+ ie 100%. Like wise other fringe projects like SB, Citylights, etc. also went up 100% b4. In short, it is incorrect to conclude just because URA Price Index for RCR falls more than others for 1 qtr, or institutional investors not buying, it is inferior to D9 10 in that sense we can't make $ investing in them.

And of course Ardmore is still Ardmore, no D15 can replace for now. But not all D9 10 11 are prime, eg. Sky 11 is still in TPY, Cube 8 is in Balestier.

jc
10-04-10, 11:31
As far as the definition by URA and what I see, D9-D11 are all considered prime, just that some place are more prime than others. Sky 11 is one of those that are considered Toa Payoh vacinity and the least prime prime of them all, may be equivalent to Mt Sinai area (which is more Ulu Pandan & Clementi than really Holland)? Same for many areas close to Ngee Ann Poly and Upper Bukit Timah areas.

Yes, like a project Park Natura (no offence to those invested), if i am not mistaken it falls in the RCR by URA definition, but add. is Bt Batok Ave 6.... This area cannot be compared with Balestier also in RCR, like Balestier cannot be compared to Amber also in RCR. Amber RCR again cannot be compared to Ardmore, the premium No.1 condo area, with or without any view, with or without tour coaches parking on the roadside :)

But To each his own, some like to play high stakes, some are smaller player. Get some fundamentals right, CCR & RCR also got chance to make $$.

eng81157
10-04-10, 21:55
Let you refute you on your theory again:

Your theory is true if the supply is easily satisfied. We are debating on property my friend in this forum and not commodity. Let's not get confused with the issue at hand. Property market supply is not very elastic. You cannot say if the demand is very high, the developers can flood the markets any time with million of units and the prices will fall...this is not the case because supply is usually controlled and limited..and developers takes time to build...even if they have many landbanks..

Therefore, your seemly sound economic theory fails here because you are assuming a perfect market where supply and demand its perfectly elastic..

So, my theory that because it is popular, it drives demand and because supply is not readily fulfilled, prices will hold and rises remains valid..:doh:

:doh: so, my argument holds!! omg, you equated popularity to price and i stated it's about demand and supply. then you change your tack to a finite supply and an increase in demand will drive prices. so what on earth is your argument that popularity drives prices? since the start i've maintained it's demand.

anyway, thanks for realizing it's demand that drives prices.

luzman
11-04-10, 00:28
:doh: so, my argument holds!! omg, you equated popularity to price and i stated it's about demand and supply. then you change your tack to a finite supply and an increase in demand will drive prices. so what on earth is your argument that popularity drives prices? since the start i've maintained it's demand.

anyway, thanks for realizing it's demand that drives prices.
dear Mr eng81157..i think you are the confused one...you are the one say price is about expansive to cheap...i disagree...I say price is about supply and demand...but with a caveat...because if u limit supply at a unpopular district, the price wont shoot up because there wont be any demand anyway...so, my point is that price is affected by demand and supply provided there is a demand..and that means it must be popular...

dont get confused with yourself,,,look back at your comments again..:tsk-tsk:

luzman
11-04-10, 00:40
You just can't stop yeah, Mr Kelisa? Keep stalking my posts like ghosts..eeeks :tongue3:

Come, reply back, I know you will. :D Find loopholes from my above statement. Prove me wrong, prove all D15 owners wrong that they chose the wrong District to buy, prove the press and URA wrong that their figures are incorrect.

Prove all boutique property owners that their home is garbage. Only Little India has the best capital gain upside.

Only D9 is the most popular bec it has limited supply and command highest price, sell all your properties elsewhere and buy D9. It will soar to $5600 psf like nobody business. Stay in mickey mouse unit never mind. Just hang all your Orchard Rd purchases in the ceiling. Save all your money for property investment, just buy Kelisa. Be the super prime carrot head than be a wise investor. :D

Reply I will and I must because as long as you do not make correct statements or irresponsible statements, I think it is right that it must be corrected right away...

1) I never say district 15 is wrong...I say it depends on what you are looking for..investment or own stay

2) I also didnt say URA figures are wrong..i say if you read a general statement, you cannot take it at face value without asking the relevant question...for example, District 15 is popular....yes..with who? You need to ask that kind of question and not just assume that is what it means...another words..you need to have more depths in your thoughts and analysis...

Let me give you another example...it was found that Chicken rice is very popular in Singapore...you need to ask popular with who?? Foreigners? Chinese, Malays or Indians? Those are generalized statements and you need to find out what exactly it is trying to tell u..

3) Mickey house is readily available in district 15 as well...so, stop telling others only district 9 has such....

Blue
14-04-10, 16:59
dear Mr eng81157..i think you are the confused one...you are the one say price is about expansive to cheap...i disagree...I say price is about supply and demand...but with a caveat...because if u limit supply at a unpopular district, the price wont shoot up because there wont be any demand anyway...so, my point is that price is affected by demand and supply provided there is a demand..and that means it must be popular...

Another confused soul who said others are confused....:tsk-tsk: That's why Ah Nehs are always beating around the bushes and hiding among trees..bec they cannot figure out whether chicken comes first or egg comes first.

Price in general is driven by demand. But "carrot" price is not driven by demand, but driven by hype. There is no real demand, just investment hype in the prime districts. Everyone just buys so that the next carrot down the chain will make them richer. The last carrot is the one who will slog and slave to pay and stay in the mickey mouse unit for the rest of his life

Popularity is driven by demand, not supply. If something is not popular, no matter how many quantities you produce, nobody buys.

And popularity will eventually drive prices up bec supply is limited.

luzman
14-04-10, 17:53
Another confused soul who said others are confused....:tsk-tsk: That's why Ah Nehs are always beating around the bushes and hiding among trees..bec they cannot figure out whether chicken comes first or egg comes first.

Price in general is driven by demand. But "carrot" price is not driven by demand, but driven by hype. There is no real demand, just investment hype in the prime districts. Everyone just buys so that the next carrot down the chain will make them richer. The last carrot is the one who will slog and slave to pay and stay in the mickey mouse unit for the rest of his life

Popularity is driven by demand, not supply. If something is not popular, no matter how many quantities you produce, nobody buys.

U are the totally confused one....property is about paying market prices...i think your so called carrot price is also easily found in district 15...which carrot want to pay Mayer for $2000psf or more?? many...are they carrot? its market price my friend...don't get confused and refused to accept market price and try to act an expert to say what is carrot price..

luzman
14-04-10, 17:58

"Popularity is driven by demand, not supply. If something is not popular, no matter how many quantities you produce, nobody buys.

And popularity will eventually drive prices up bec supply is limited." Hey...don't be confused leh...this is my statement..dont anyhow borrow my statement and say its yours...you dun have such depth lah...

Blue
15-04-10, 10:13
"Popularity is driven by demand, not supply. If something is not popular, no matter how many quantities you produce, nobody buys.

And popularity will eventually drive prices up bec supply is limited." Hey...don't be confused leh...this is my statement..dont anyhow borrow my statement and say its yours...you dun have such depth lah...

See!!!??? Ah Neh's talking!!!:p

luzman
15-04-10, 13:36
See!!!??? Ah Neh's talking!!!:p
What a no depth response...as usual..

Blue
16-04-10, 12:29
What a no depth response...as usual..

Too much depth, Ah Neh oso cannot understand. Hv to use prata language neh. :p

luzman
16-04-10, 17:13
Too much depth, Ah Neh oso cannot understand. Hv to use prata language neh. :p
I encourage u to reply with such statements...it only goes to show your immaturity....better still, makes your district 15 looks bad cos of people like u there...:D

teddybear
16-04-10, 23:19
I don't understand why the COLOUR keep harping about ah neh? He lives in D15 and now got lots of ah neh also. Probably he likes ah neh very much or he regretted buying in D15 and now keep complaining about the ah neh invading his vicinity? Regretted and asking people (the "carrot") to buy over his property from him at a high price by saying his is better than many of the CCR properties and hence should command higher price than those? :p

I encourage u to reply with such statements...it only goes to show your immaturity....better still, makes your district 15 looks bad cos of people like u there...:D

luzman
20-04-10, 16:03
I don't understand why the COLOUR keep harping about ah neh? He lives in D15 and now got lots of ah neh also. Probably he likes ah neh very much or he regretted buying in D15 and now keep complaining about the ah neh invading his vicinity? Regretted and asking people (the "carrot") to buy over his property from him at a high price by saying his is better than many of the CCR properties and hence should command higher price than those? :p
I agree...this COLOUR who has Monday BLUES throughout the week cannot see the real world and keep imaging people pay carrot price...I think he is the stupid carrot who pay for his Joo Chiat "Boutique" apartment that no one wants to buy now...real carrot..

gfoo
20-04-10, 16:23
altho i personally think east coast far outstrips mt emily, i think there's a glut of boutiques in d15. last week was enquiring on mabelle - bank cannot support valuation, and was quite far away from asking price. one cannot compare resale boutiques with newly launched condos as the developers have bank tie ups that will support high valuations

eng81157
20-04-10, 16:28

sigh, don't think it's fruitful trying to make sense to one with sub-par logic. check my comments, it's simple. i state that popularity has no direct correlation to price as the latter is simply determined by supply and demand. by the way, thank you for agreeing with me, for the umpteenth time, that price is determined by supply and demand.

then you bring in limited supply, elasticity of price, blah blah blah, to make a more rounded case when holes were being poked at.

please read your previous posts where you claim price was affected by popularity without bringing in any substantiative arguments.

going by your initial claim if popularity has any direct bearing on price, then the most expensive car models in singapore should rightfully be the toyota altis and kia cerato

with this, i rest my case

luzman
20-04-10, 17:00
sigh, don't think it's fruitful trying to make sense to one with sub-par logic. check my comments, it's simple. i state that popularity has no direct correlation to price as the latter is simply determined by supply and demand. by the way, thank you for agreeing with me, for the umpteenth time, that price is determined by supply and demand.

then you bring in limited supply, elasticity of price, blah blah blah, to make a more rounded case when holes were being poked at.

please read your previous posts where you claim price was affected by popularity without bringing in any substantiative arguments.

going by your initial claim if popularity has any direct bearing on price, then the most expensive car models in singapore should rightfully be the toyota altis and kia cerato

Please read your tread again before you comment...you say price is about expansive or cheap...I disagree....because it is not about cheap or expansive...cheap or expansive is perception....

Price is about supply and demand as i have also maintained but not just about supply and demand....the product needs to be popular...if product is popular, it has high demand....then the supply come into picture...

But you start to disagree and say look at commodities....and i say property is not commodities because supply is not elastic...

So, please do not try to go back your words..your words is well reflected in your response in this forum and everyone can go back to check what you have said....this is clear and do not try to argue otherwise...:doh:

luzman
20-04-10, 17:07

I think i have also rebute clearly your car anology..

Look back at my comments again..

Toyota...cheap...popular yes...but supply too much...so price cannot go up..
So, the supply is causing the price to remain low...

My statement is : price is affected by supply and demand but with a caveat...it must be popular....for the price to remain high..

Don't use your naive comparison of commodity again as i have rebute that already...

Autonomy
20-04-10, 17:29
I think i have also rebute clearly your car anology..

Look back at my comments again..

Toyota...cheap...popular yes...but supply too much...so price cannot go up..
So, the supply is causing the price to remain low...

My statement is : price is affected by supply and demand but with a caveat..it .must be popular....for the price to remain high..

Don't use your naive comparison of commodity again as i have rebute that already...

it .must be popular....for the price to remain high..
vs
Toyota...cheap...popular yes

Therefore shouldn't it be that both cases also applies?
1. It can be popular because it is cheap cos everyone can afford.
2. It can be popular cos everyone wants it thus sustaining the high price tag.

jlrx
20-04-10, 18:06
How can something so simple become so complicated? :doh:

Price is simply a matter of supply and demand.http://www.mikeonads.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/05/supply_demand_11.JPG

gfoo
20-04-10, 18:31
Lol.

Base, commodity and common goods: Price elastic

Aspirational, and luxury goods: Price inelastic

Also depends on the target segment you are reaching out to.

Econs is never simple... lol

silver023
20-04-10, 18:57
altho i personally think east coast far outstrips mt emily, i think there's a glut of boutiques in d15. last week was enquiring on mabelle - bank cannot support valuation, and was quite far away from asking price. one cannot compare resale boutiques with newly launched condos as the developers have bank tie ups that will support high valuations

Owners on some smaller developments are trying to ride the wave. I viewed a unit at Mabelle to buy for personal stay a couple of months back and found the finishing to be poor. 1300+sft was asking $1.03m for a long time but nobody bought after 3 months, price went down to 982K (if I recall correctly). Think that unit should be sold now. But other smaller units have raised their prices to ard 1k psf! :scared-4:

loonymaloney
20-04-10, 19:21
1.03m for 1300sqft means it's 800psf at best and can't or difficult to sell but now the others are asking for 1000psf. It just doesn't add up. Or i'm missing something here...

Owners on some smaller developments are trying to ride the wave. I viewed a unit at Mabelle to buy for personal stay a couple of months back and found the finishing to be poor. 1300+sft was asking $1.03m for a long time but nobody bought after 3 months, price went down to 982K (if I recall correctly). Think that unit should be sold now. But other smaller units have raised their prices to ard 1k psf! :scared-4:

gfoo
20-04-10, 19:38

crazy pricing now at about 1100psf. whatever the case, banks cannot match asking valuations for D15 boutiques at the moment, for whatever reason.

just playing a waiting game now.

silver023
20-04-10, 19:39
The 1300sft unit couldn't sell. My guess is maybe coz of poor finishing, not too good layout and west facing (pretty warm). So there are both unit-specific and development-specific issues. The smaller units (asking ard 1k psf) probably have a better layout and maybe better facing, but fundamental issue on quality of finishing remains.

amk
20-04-10, 21:48
I read with amusement ;) on this "Dx is more prime than Dy" discussion->debate->outright quarrel -> personal attack -> ? ....

and I find it amazing this very topic is being debated. r u kidding or what ? Go ask any rich banker in raffles place and tell me where is prime

after 7 pages, this simple post says the best:

Base, commodity and common goods: Price elastic

Aspirational, and luxury goods: Price inelastic

Econs is never simple...
... ok you guys can continue :)

teddybear
20-04-10, 22:26
Where is prime according to the rich banker hah? ;)

I read with amusement ;) on this "Dx is more prime than Dy" discussion->debate->outright quarrel -> personal attack -> ? ....

and I find it amazing this very topic is being debated. r u kidding or what ? Go ask any rich banker in raffles place and tell me where is prime

proud owner
21-04-10, 03:18
Where is prime according to the rich banker hah? ;)

Meyer road ? ?

investment banker..who park his car in condo ..his wife park hers on visitor lots.. and his daughter parks her along the road outside condo ..

sia sway investment banker .. give bad names to banker ..

eng81157
21-04-10, 09:03
How can something so simple become so complicated? :doh:

Price is simply a matter of supply and demand.http://www.mikeonads.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/05/supply_demand_11.JPG

totally agree. it's just that our luzman has commented previously that price is dependent on popularity, which all of us has pointed out it's supply and demand. i guess don't need to cast pearls to swines since they can't fathom

Blue
21-04-10, 12:30
totally agree. it's just that our luzman has commented previously that price is dependent on popularity, which all of us has pointed out it's supply and demand. i guess don't need to cast pearls to swines since they can't fathom

Precisely, save your breaths on the ah nehs...they just talk and talk and at the end of the day, nobody understands what they are talking abt. :D

Little India is his prime territory and he tried to push the idea to D15 (the most popular aka highest sales record district) residents that Little India is equivalent to Orchard Rd. :tongue3:

And another BEAR even more ridiculous to say Novena / Balestier will go up to $5600 psf cos that was the historical high in D9 Orchard Rd! :tsk-tsk:

They both claim the D15 (again the most popular district) cannot hit $1500 psf when the record high already exceeded more than $2000 psf??? :cool:

Reality bites, ah nehs shoud stop dreaming and continue sell their pratas (at reasonable price), not carrot price. :doh:

Blue
21-04-10, 12:44

You are as funny as the other two nehs. The whole topic is talking about popularity, not what's prime and what's not, not what should be priced higher than the other.

Being prime does not mean it is most popular. Charging premium price also does not mean it is popular.

Popularity simply means price is charged at a reasonable level that many people chose to buy it aka achieved highest number of transactions sold.

Some folks here just dunno how to read or understand English words properly. They just jump into their own interpretations and conclusions.

Confused souls...haiz :doh:

Blue
21-04-10, 12:55

I am pretty sure the Ah Nehs residing in D15 are sitting in an aircon room reading Fortune magazines while the Ah Nehs in Little India are sweating under the sun building mickey mouse homes for the dreaming teddy bears :sleep:

Wake up! wake up! :p

luzman
21-04-10, 17:26
I am pretty sure the Ah Nehs residing in D15 are sitting in an aircon room reading Fortune magazines while the Ah Nehs in Little India are sweating under the sun building mickey mouse homes for the dreaming teddy bears :sleep:

Wake up! wake up! :p
Wake up because your Monday blue is getting u confused....stop dreaming that your Joo Chiat boutique apartment will reach $2000psf..when that day come, it will be true that Teddy bear $5000psf will come true too...what an idiot!:banghead:

luzman
21-04-10, 17:30
totally agree. it's just that our luzman has commented previously that price is dependent on popularity, which all of us has pointed out it's supply and demand. i guess don't need to cast pearls to swines since they can't fathomhttp://tutor2u.net/economics/content/diagrams/supplyelasticity2.gif

Wow..I am surprised that you agree with the graph....go back to school to study mire economics lah...don't go around using a simple demand and supply curve and try telling others you know...

The correct one is the attached....Property supply is not very elastic...what you are referring is a perfect market...

My advice...go back to school to learn more about economics lah....its laughable when u dunno what u are talking about and refer to properties as commodities like mobile phone...what a joke..:doh:

luzman
21-04-10, 17:44
You are as funny as the other two nehs. The whole topic is talking about popularity, not what's prime and what's not, not what should be priced higher than the other.

Being prime does not mean it is most popular. Charging premium price also does not mean it is popular.

Popularity simply means price is charged at a reasonable level that many people chose to buy it aka achieved highest number of transactions sold.

Some folks here just dunno how to read or understand English words properly. They just jump into their own interpretations and conclusions.

Confused souls...haiz :doh:

Dont get your monday blue affect your thinking because it is telling us that is it....

Popular is a general term...district 15 is popular with who? I know chicken rice is very popular in Singapore....does that statement mean anything to u? I dont think so cos you need to be a little educated when u read statements....unless of course u are not that educated and take evrything at face value and no depth which i m sure u are....

District 15 is popular with home buyers...that is true but not for investors...and as Teddy bear has pointed out correctly...if not for the high price in prime district, the prime district will also be very very popular....but because most of the home buyers are priced out of the prime district, they have to buy somewhere that they can afford...and hence, it is popular for home buyers for own stay...:tsk-tsk:

Blue
21-04-10, 18:23
Dont get your monday blue affect your thinking because it is telling us that is it....

Popular is a general term...district 15 is popular with who? I know chicken rice is very popular in Singapore....does that statement mean anything to u? I dont think so cos you need to be a little educated when u read statements....unless of course u are not that educated and take evrything at face value and no depth which i m sure u are....

District 15 is popular with home buyers...that is true but not for investors...and as Teddy bear has pointed out correctly...if not for the high price in prime district, the prime district will also be very very popular....but because most of the home buyers are priced out of the prime district, they have to buy somewhere that they can afford...and hence, it is popular for home buyers for own stay...:tsk-tsk:

Ok, so finally now there's a common consensus that D15 is popular with home buyers! Not bec it has the largest area or the largest number of supply which some claim to be. So the moral of the story is: D15 still the top draw - there is nothing wrong with what the journalist is reporting! :cheers1:

Damn, it takes how many rounds of beating around the bushes to derive at this point? :doh:

But yet, I still stress that not all D9, D10, D11 properties can command high price. District segregation is just a formality. What can sell high and what cannot depends largely on the location, project and the surrounding amenities.

A G2000 boutique located just beside a LV boutique does not mean G2000 can also sell LV prices. ;)

eng81157
21-04-10, 19:46

wow, do you have to stoop to such a low level and use my chicken rice analogy to support yourself??

gg. new low

luzman
21-04-10, 23:48
wow, do you have to stoop to such a low level and use my chicken rice analogy to support yourself??

gg. new low
No no..I am using your commodity example like mobile phones you have quoted to show how uniformed you are about properties...:tsk-tsk:

luzman
22-04-10, 00:13
Ok, so finally now there's a common consensus that D15 is popular with home buyers! Not bec it has the largest area or the largest number of supply which some claim to be. So the moral of the story is: D15 still the top draw - there is nothing wrong with what the journalist is reporting! :cheers1:

Damn, it takes how many rounds of beating around the bushes to derive at this point? :doh:

But yet, I still stress that not all D9, D10, D11 properties can command high price. District segregation is just a formality. What can sell high and what cannot depends largely on the location, project and the surrounding amenities.

A G2000 boutique located just beside a LV boutique does not mean G2000 can also sell LV prices. ;)
I already say..don't get confused leh...y u still get confused all the time..its Thursday so...its no more Monday..

Please check my previous comments...

1) I never say the journalist report is wrong...how can that be so in Singapore reporting? I say the report gives a general statement that's all...and i say it is popular with home buyers....but not people like me who is an investor...please check my previous treads to confirm again if you are all mixed up by others' comments..
The report can also say Toyota is popular...but that does not tell u popular with who? If you have budget, you wouldnt want to buy toyota n=but preferred BMW or Merc right? If you have more budget, then Mersarati is a popular choice right? So, popular here does not mean much to me in this case unless it tell us it is popular with what type of buyers..

2) Second, there is a lot of the statements you made is totally wrong and i am here to correct as it is misleading to people...
Eg...You stated in your comments that Singapore is so small and that there is no such thing as prime district...this is the single most stupid statement i have ever heard from anyone who knows about property and i presume yoiu should be since you are writing in this forum..but this statement of yours is totally idiotic...and i replied that if that is the case, we should not be buying property at different prices..and Mr Mah Bow Tan should set all pries the same...totally laughable..

3) Your latest statement is also full of flaws that I felt that I need to correct you once again...

You say "
But yet, I still stress that not all D9, D10, D11 properties can command high price. District segregation is just a formality. What can sell high and what cannot depends largely on the location, project and the surrounding amenities."

The above is wrong....The most important attributes is the location which officially meant district....the rest is debatable and has much less impact on pricing...(District segregation is never a formality..it is a differientiator, don't come back and tell me district 22 is not difference to district 15...because I wont buy it....and many people don't and I am not sure about u)..Therefore, district 9,10, 11 is undisputed in terms of better location than 15...no argument about that...and so, in general, the prices there will always command a higher quantum than 15...you dont have to argue about this fact.....because it is a fact...don't tell me this project in district 15 is selling higher than that project in district 9,10 and 11....cos than, I will tell u another project will sell higher in district 9,10,11 than in district 15 and there is no end...
In general, projects in 9,10 and 11 sell higher than 15 and that is my statement and this cannot be disputed...full stop..

4) Your comment "A G2000 boutique located just beside a LV boutique does not mean G2000 can also sell LV prices." clearly shows your still lack of clear mind and good argument in this topic of property pricing..

The product you are talking is fashion goods....not about location my friend....here, fashion goods has no part to play in whether it is situated in a good location or bad...the product the boutiques are trying to sell is fashion good...LV being a premium fashion brand sell higher than G2000 which is mass market product...Don't get confused leh....
Please think properly before you respond in the future because it is very tiring trying to correct every mistakes you made...and theer are so many flaws in your statement and it gets me wonder why are you even trying to write something....:banghead:

Blue
22-04-10, 10:07
I already say..don't get confused leh...y u still get confused all the time..its Thursday so...its no more Monday..

Please check my previous comments...

1) I never say the journalist report is wrong...how can that be so in Singapore reporting? I say the report gives a general statement that's all...and i say it is popular with home buyers....but not people like me who is an investor...please check my previous treads to confirm again if you are all mixed up by others' comments..
The report can also say Toyota is popular...but that does not tell u popular with who? If you have budget, you wouldnt want to buy toyota n=but preferred BMW or Merc right? If you have more budget, then Mersarati is a popular choice right? So, popular here does not mean much to me in this case unless it tell us it is popular with what type of buyers..

2) Second, there is a lot of the statements you made is totally wrong and i am here to correct as it is misleading to people...
Eg...You stated in your comments that Singapore is so small and that there is no such thing as prime district...this is the single most stupid statement i have ever heard from anyone who knows about property and i presume yoiu should be since you are writing in this forum..but this statement of yours is totally idiotic...and i replied that if that is the case, we should not be buying property at different prices..and Mr Mah Bow Tan should set all pries the same...totally laughable..

3) Your latest statement is also full of flaws that I felt that I need to correct you once again...

You say "
But yet, I still stress that not all D9, D10, D11 properties can command high price. District segregation is just a formality. What can sell high and what cannot depends largely on the location, project and the surrounding amenities."

The above is wrong....The most important attributes is the location which officially meant district....the rest is debatable and has much less impact on pricing...(District segregation is never a formality..it is a differientiator, don't come back and tell me district 22 is not difference to district 15...because I wont buy it....and many people don't and I am not sure about u)..Therefore, district 9,10, 11 is undisputed in terms of better location than 15...no argument about that...and so, in general, the prices there will always command a higher quantum than 15...you dont have to argue about this fact.....because it is a fact...don't tell me this project in district 15 is selling higher than that project in district 9,10 and 11....cos than, I will tell u another project will sell higher in district 9,10,11 than in district 15 and there is no end...
In general, projects in 9,10 and 11 sell higher than 15 and that is my statement and this cannot be disputed...full stop..

4) Your comment "A G2000 boutique located just beside a LV boutique does not mean G2000 can also sell LV prices." clearly shows your still lack of clear mind and good argument in this topic of property pricing..

The product you are talking is fashion goods....not about location my friend....here, fashion goods has no part to play in whether it is situated in a good location or bad...the product the boutiques are trying to sell is fashion good...LV being a premium fashion brand sell higher than G2000 which is mass market product...Don't get confused leh....
Please think properly before you respond in the future because it is very tiring trying to correct every mistakes you made...and theer are so many flaws in your statement and it gets me wonder why are you even trying to write something....:banghead:

Wah, again see long streaks of essay from you. Ah Neh habit never change yeah? Let's start the debate all over again: :D

1) Buying a home to stay is the same as investment => It is a long term investment so you get capital gain to cover your loan interest + profit when you exit in due course after staying for a couple of years. No home buyers buy with the view that the home would worth nothing in the end (i.e. depreciation) when they sell. To me, you are not an investor, just a speculator, cos you buy something that you dun even want to stay there. You are just waiting for another carrort to catch the hook.

2) See??? You think too extreme again and you like to put words in pple's mouth. My statement / opinion is that even the most prime area in Singapore will not have drastic difference / gap against other less prime areas in Singapore bec Singapore is so small. The high tide will always flow over to the low tide. That goes the same for property prices in Singapore. If not, why do we see Bishan HDB sold at record high of S$900k?

3) Your stupidity / confusion blinds you. I challenge you to give me the proof that ALL D9/10/11 properties are sold higher than ALL D15. Dun quote extreme examples. Pratas in Little India will always be sold at prata price not LV price.

4) I am quoting the example of Parc Emily in so called D9. Can it sell $3000psf like those in the heart of Orchard Rd? You must be kidding. G2000 can never sell like LV prices even though both offers the same commodity i.e. fashion wear. Branding is key. And properties are subjected to Branding. Being categorised in D9 does not mean it can command high prices.

Have a nice day ahead selling pratas! :rolleyes:

luzman
22-04-10, 10:33
Wah, again see long streaks of essay from you. Ah Neh habit never change yeah? Let's start the debate all over again: :D

1) Buying a home to stay is the same as investment => It is a long term investment so you get capital gain to cover your loan interest + profit when you exit in due course after staying for a couple of years. No home buyers buy with the view that the home would worth nothing in the end (i.e. depreciation) when they sell. To me, you are not an investor, just a speculator, cos you buy something that you dun even want to stay there. You are just waiting for another carrort to catch the hook.

2) See??? You think too extreme again and you like to put words in pple's mouth. My statement / opinion is that even the most prime area in Singapore will not have drastic difference / gap against other less prime areas in Singapore bec Singapore is so small. The high tide will always flow over to the low tide. That goes the same for property prices in Singapore. If not, why do we see Bishan HDB sold at record high of S$900k?

3) Your stupidity / confusion blinds you. I challenge you to give me the proof that ALL D9/10/11 properties are sold higher than ALL D15. Dun quote extreme examples. Pratas in Little India will always be sold at prata price not LV price.

4) I am quoting the example of Parc Emily in so called D9. Can it sell $3000psf like those in the heart of Orchard Rd? You must be kidding. G2000 can never sell like LV prices even though both offers the same commodity i.e. fashion wear. Branding is key. And properties are subjected to Branding. Being categorised in D9 does not mean it can command high prices.

Have a nice day ahead selling pratas! :rolleyes:
What an idiotic response from u as always...please wake up..today is Thursday and not Monday...

1) Don't be foolish and naive...the priority of home buyers and investors are totally different...if one is buying for home stay, u buy for affordability...if one is buying for investment, what you are looking at is capital appreciation....

Don't tell me about appreciation because all home will appreciate over a long time...its not the point here..the point of contention is what is the purpose of property buyers...even HDB can appreciate but i don't think it is for investment purposes...

2) Don't be naive again about the gap differences....there will always be a gap difference in different districts...if there is no gap different...I suggest u go buy woodlands or Jurong because there is not much price difference according to what you wish...but your wish is not what the market will do to satisfy you my friend....the peak in District 9 will always be higher..at least $1000 to 2000psf than district 15...that's a fact..

3)Please check my statement before you tell others that they are stupid...because the stupid one is u...I say in General...read properly...dun know who is the stupid idiot...?? U need me to proof that in general my statement is true?

4) Wake up again my friend...When did i say Parc Emily will sell at $3000psf??? I say if one amber can sell at $1500psf..then the rest also an sell at $2000psf...check my statement again....totally confused individual here....:doh:

eng81157
22-04-10, 11:38
No no..I am using your commodity example like mobile phones you have quoted to show how uniformed you are about properties...:tsk-tsk:

:doh: 'uniformed'. let me go look for an emblem or logo to stitch onto my shirt.

if my analogy shows that i'm un-informed, why on earth are you then using my analogy to support your arguments? to show that you are as un-informed as me?

one thing we can definitely deduce for sure, you are not in the legal line
by the way, if you need primary level english/spelling lessons, i can always provide you contacts of tuition agencies

Blue
22-04-10, 14:31
What an idiotic response from u as always...please wake up..today is Thursday and not Monday...

1) Don't be foolish and naive...the priority of home buyers and investors are totally different...if one is buying for home stay, u buy for affordability...if one is buying for investment, what you are looking at is capital appreciation....

Don't tell me about appreciation because all home will appreciate over a long time...its not the point here..the point of contention is what is the purpose of property buyers...even HDB can appreciate but i don't think it is for investment purposes...

2) Don't be naive again about the gap differences....there will always be a gap difference in different districts...if there is no gap different...I suggest u go buy woodlands or Jurong because there is not much price difference according to what you wish...but your wish is not what the market will do to satisfy you my friend....the peak in District 9 will always be higher..at least $1000 to 2000psf than district 15...that's a fact..

3)Please check my statement before you tell others that they are stupid...because the stupid one is u...I say in General...read properly...dun know who is the stupid idiot...?? U need me to proof that in general my statement is true?

4) Wake up again my friend...When did i say Parc Emily will sell at $3000psf??? I say if one amber can sell at $1500psf..then the rest also an sell at $2000psf...check my statement again....totally confused individual here....:doh:

All the above comments just show your STU_PIG_DITY again :p

Do you dare to warrant your words? So when One Amber hits $1500 psf and not all D9 properties hit $2000 psf, will you chop off your kuku head? :D

luzman
22-04-10, 15:27

Do you dare to warrant your words? So when One Amber hits $1500 psf and not all D9 properties hit $2000 psf, will you chop off your kuku head? :D
sure...let's bet...the kuku will be u...cos if One amber goes up...that most of district 9 will also go up...want to bet?

luzman
22-04-10, 15:30
:doh: 'uniformed'. let me go look for an emblem or logo to stitch onto my shirt.

if my analogy shows that i'm un-informed, why on earth are you then using my analogy to support your arguments? to show that you are as un-informed as me?

one thing we can definitely deduce for sure, you are not in the legal line
by the way, if you need primary level english/spelling lessons, i can always provide you contacts of tuition agencies
Wow...don't know which level of education u have and go around telling others language lousy etc...

Just like u have no economics background and try to use a simple demand and supply curve to tell others what is economics...

Use a commodity as an example to illustrate that property is like commodities and so, prices follow simple demand and supply curve...

Total nonsense....u better go back to school to learn more...

teddybear
22-04-10, 15:49
Since you say D15 so good, why not turn the table around and if One Amber don't hit $1500 psf by end of this year you chop yours? :tongue3:
(Better don't lah because you will end up like J-Dog. :p)

luzman
22-04-10, 16:05
Since you say D15 so good, why not turn the table around and if One Amber don't hit $1500 psf by end of this year you chop yours? :tongue3:
The Mr Monday Blue wont dare to state this point lah....because he also sure it wont happen lah...

This Mr Blue is also totally lost in his mind about what he is talking about...don't know how he bring up pratas and ah neh..?? I still cannot fathom out of sudden, this pratas thing come up from his mouth....? Maybe he has a cravings for pratas but cannot find along Joo Chiat or Geylang? Sure can find lah.....just open his eyes wide and not behave as if everyday is Monday...:cheers6:

Blue
22-04-10, 17:04
sure...let's bet...the kuku will be u...cos if One amber goes up...that most of district 9 will also go up...want to bet?

See??? Ah Neh's talking again. Earlier you said "rest of D9" will go up to $2K psf, now you twist your words and said "most of D9"???

You scared to lose your kuku izzit? Also right, cos once you lose your kuku, it's kinda boring to stay in Little India cos u can't make good use of the sleazy facilities around. :p

Blue
22-04-10, 17:07

Halo, u this teddybear dun even have kuku, so where you find the balls to take up the challenge? :scared-2:

luzman
22-04-10, 17:08
See??? Ah Neh's talking again. Earlier you said "rest of D9" will go up to $2K psf, now you twist your words and said "most of D9"???

You scared to lose your kuku izzit? Also right, cos once you lose your kuku, it's kinda boring to stay in Little India cos u can't make good use of the sleazy facilities around. :p
Earlier you say Singapore so small, not such thing as prime or not prime...then now u say should not be too much gap...don't know what u are talking about in both cases...

I am making a comparison apple to apple...u tell me one condo in district 9 that is similar in size and age and I will challenge u take if one amber go up...same will go up for the similar property...

Use your brain leh...i cant be saying a 20 year old property in district 9 right....i mean similar ones...compare an apple to apple...

Dont be gong gong and still blur and don't wake up leh...

Blue
22-04-10, 17:10
Earlier you say Singapore so small, not such thing as prime or not prime...then now u say should not be too much gap...don't know what u are talking about in both cases...

I am making a comparison apple to apple...u tell me one condo in district 9 that is similar in size and age and I will challenge u take if one amber go up...same will go up for the similar property...

Use your brain leh...i cant be saying a 20 year old property in district 9 right....i mean similar ones...compare an apple to apple...

No need to talk big lah, trying all means to save your kuku head. I let u keep your stem hor, just chop off the head. U still hv 2 balls + 1 stem left to enjoy Little India ley. :D

luzman
22-04-10, 17:15

This guy who turned blue because of not enough air and makes him cant think straight? Who is staying in little india? I am not...are u? I thought u are staying in Geylang because it is a street away from Joo Chiat...but U cannot differentiate where is where....so, based on your unclear thinking..i will conclude that u stay in Geylang....? Ok...good...enjoy your sleezy nights out..while i have my pratas then...:tongue3:

Blue
22-04-10, 17:16

Now got more conditions wor...at first said rest of D9, then later said most of D9, then now said must find similar size and age condo...wahahaha...then can i ask you to count the number of hairs in your kuku first to compare apple to apple? Oso, the size and age of your kuku head must be similar to mine hor! :p

Blue
22-04-10, 17:22

Since you said D9 is super prime and will have substantial price difference against the other non-prime districts, and you said District segregation makes a whole lot of difference on the status and hence prices. Then why bother abt age of property in D9? Tats y I challenge u for your kuku head. Nothing wrong right?

luzman
22-04-10, 17:22
[QUOTE=Blue]Now got more conditions wor...at first said rest of D9, then later said most of D9, then now said must find similar size and age condo...wahahaha...then can i ask you to count the number of hairs in your kuku first to compare apple to apple? Oso, the size and age of your kuku head must be similar to mine hor! :p[/QUOTE
Dont be a stupid idiot leh...when we say things, it means comparable...dont be stupid and tell others your ku ku head is smarter than other's rear...cos it is not comparable although i personally believe it to be similar...woa ha ha...what an idiot:D

Blue
22-04-10, 17:29
[QUOTE=Blue]Now got more conditions wor...at first said rest of D9, then later said most of D9, then now said must find similar size and age condo...wahahaha...then can i ask you to count the number of hairs in your kuku first to compare apple to apple? Oso, the size and age of your kuku head must be similar to mine hor! :p[/QUOTE
Dont be a stupid idiot leh...when we say things, it means comparable...dont be stupid and tell others your ku ku head is smarter than other's rear...cos it is not comparable although i personally believe it to be similar...woa ha ha...what an idiot:D

Talk so much bushes...I let u keep your kuku head lah. Next time, dun be a hero. There is a hokkien saying: "kiang jio ho, mai kei kiang". Heroes without kuku head...whahaha

luzman
22-04-10, 17:33
Since you said D9 is super prime and will have substantial price difference against the other non-prime districts, and you said District segregation makes a whole lot of difference on the status and hence prices. Then why bother abt age of property in D9? Tats y I challenge u for your kuku head. Nothing wrong right?
What a utter rubbish u talking about...prime means higher prices...of course...but we compare the same type of properties...Dont tell me dont bother with age please....y dont tell me your district 15 is more expansive than the HDB in town area..different types of properties simply cannot compare..U talk like a kid man:doh: .....please use some wisdom in your thinking because everyone will be laughing at your stupid comments...

We compare apples to apples...same type of properties, similar size and age..and I take u on...:tsk-tsk:

luzman
22-04-10, 17:36
[QUOTE=luzman]

Talk so much bushes...I let u keep your kuku head lah. Next time, dun be a hero. There is a hokkien saying: "kiang jio ho, mai kei kiang". Heroes without kuku head...whahaha
Same to u my friend....there is a Chinese saying by General Chao Chao" U stupid is enough..don't make me look stupid because of your stupidity" ...what a ku ku head...:tongue3:

Blue
22-04-10, 17:42
What a utter rubbish u talking about...prime means higher prices...of course...but we compare the same type of properties...Dont tell me dont bother with age please....y dont tell me your district 15 is more expansive than the HDB in town area..different types of properties simply cannot compare..U talk like a kid man:doh: .....please use some wisdom in your thinking because everyone will be laughing at your stupid comments...

We compare apples to apples...same type of properties, similar size and age..and I take u on...:tsk-tsk:

Since you ask people to hurry go buy Parc Emily, why not use Parc Emily vs One Amber? Highest psf for the past one year - Parc Emily done in Feb 2010 @ $1567 psf. One Amber done in Feb 2010 @ $1376 psf. I take One Amber to reach $1500psf by end of the year and you take Parc Emily to reach $2000psf by the end of year. Fair? You dare to take up the challenge? Got count your kuku hair enuf anot? :D

luzman
22-04-10, 23:48
Since you ask people to hurry go buy Parc Emily, why not use Parc Emily vs One Amber? Highest psf for the past one year - Parc Emily done in Feb 2010 @ $1567 psf. One Amber done in Feb 2010 @ $1376 psf. I take One Amber to reach $1500psf by end of the year and you take Parc Emily to reach $2000psf by the end of year. Fair? You dare to take up the challenge? Got count your kuku hair enuf anot? :D
Halo..U dont understand what i mean by comparable ah? One AMber is not even TOP and Parc Emily TOP in 2008...so, the pricing is not even comparable..

Comparable means TOP in almost same time because it is fair as the launch price reflect almost the same sentimental and market prices during that time...

Why don't u use another one TOP 10 years ago for comparision?

I will take u on gentleman to gentleman...same type of condo, almost the same year of launch and TOP...you dare?

This is the fairest....:tsk-tsk:

teddybear
23-04-10, 00:06
The COLOUR always want to twist here and there. Let him lah! You take Ardmore Park in D10 (9 years old) to compare with his One Amber in D15 (not even TOP). 9 years old vs before TOP. He got so much advantage already! :p Ardmore Park cross $3000 psf by end of year he lose & One Amber cross $1500 psf he win lah! :D (Give him so much advantage! 9 yrs old vs super super new not even TOP and still price is 2:1 !!!):scared-2:

Halo..U dont understand what i mean by comparable ah? One AMber is not even TOP and Parc Emily TOP in 2008...so, the pricing is not even comparable..

Comparable means TOP in almost same time because it is fair as the launch price reflect almost the same sentimental and market prices during that time...

Why don't u use another one TOP 10 years ago for comparision?

I will take u on gentleman to gentleman...same type of condo, almost the same year of launch and TOP...you dare?

This is the fairest....:tsk-tsk:

luzman
23-04-10, 00:19
The COLOUR always want to twist here and there. Let him lah! You take Ardmore Park in D10 (9 years old) to compare with his One Amber in D15 (not even TOP). 9 years old vs before TOP. He got so much advantage already! :p Ardmore Park cross $3000 psf by end of year he lose & One Amber cross $1500 psf he win lah! :D (Give him so much advantage! 9 yrs old vs super super new not even TOP and still price is 2:1 !!!):scared-2:
I sure can use Admore park... but this Smurf "Su bui Ki" lah...always try to argue back without substance..

I corrected his mistakes and he come back with more mistakes and argue blah blah blah...and start to talk nonsense about Pratas...Ku ku head....wah lou ay...trying to correct his mistakes is already wasting my time and his replies with all the nonsense...a total waste of everyone's time trying to comprehend what the hell he is arguing about...:banghead:

zimmer
23-04-10, 00:42
Laughter is the best medicine.
Coming from a 3rd party glancing through this argument.