PDA

View Full Version : Any impact on property price if Nuclear Plant is built at western islands?

02-04-10, 22:28
我西南岛屿海底或建核电厂
(新加坡)联合早报 (2010-04-02)
早报导读

我国西南岛屿海底 可能建核电厂

● 赵倩玉
  随着经济战略委员建议政府研究核发电的可行性后,据知已有相关委员会探讨在西南部水域建造海底核电厂的可行性。
  外交部首席科学顾问雷普权教授昨天在南洋理工大学与韩国科学技术院联办研讨会上透露,本地正在探讨在新加坡本岛以南20公里、离裕廊岛约10公里及圣淘沙约15公里的水域建造海底核电厂的可行性。
  虽然他未点出确切的地点,但根据所展示的地图,这个地点就在新加坡最南部的安乐岛(Pulau Senang)和实马高岛(Pulau Semakau)之间的水域。
  雷普权也是国立研究基金会顾问及南大主席顾问,并曾担任国防科学总长。
  他在研讨会上说,目前的设想是利用建造裕廊岛地下储油库及万礼地下军火库的先进技术,在西南部岛屿附近的海底建造核电厂,建造方式预计与裕廊岛地下油库相似。
  他说,选择这个地点主要出于安全考量,因为它距离新加坡本岛约20公里,根据法国及瑞士等利用核能发电国家的研究,20公里是安全距离,即使发生核泄漏等意外,新加坡本岛不会受波及。
  出席研讨会的南大工学院院长潘则建教授也认为,这段海域距离是天然屏障,能阻挡核污染蔓延本岛,海水的强大水压也可阻止爆炸或危险物质扩散,等于双重保护。在离岛海底建厂,也能节省土地资源。
  安乐岛目前是国防部实弹演习区,主要进行爆破训练;而实马高岛则是垃圾埋置场,未来可能发展为生态保存区。
  政府曾多次提出兴建核电厂想法,经济战略委员也在今年2月建议政府研究核发电可行性,以保障获得长期能源。贸工部上月在国会辩论开支预算时表示将在今年较迟时展开跨部门可行性研究。
  雷普权说,海底核电厂需要大量钢筋水泥作为加固措施,建造成本自然高于普通核电厂,但加固设计可避免核泄漏,加上新加坡寸土如金,还是划算。
  韩国科技院参与韩国财团去年底与阿拉伯联合酋长国签署的204亿元核能项目,这是亚洲历来最大的能源交易。而多年来与韩国科学技术院合作的南大也受惠。
  潘则建说,韩国科技院不但参与这个项目的可能性研究,也将与南大制订核子工程教材,为南大培养人才。
  他说,核电厂发展主要依赖科研人员,所以培养硕士博士生十分重要。南大目前有八到十名这方面专才,希望未来两三年再培养五名。
  但雷普权认为每年需培养十名相关人才,才能让东南亚国家相信新加坡建造核电厂的能力

sleek
02-04-10, 22:38
Fallout will affects whole of Singapore, just nearer or further. :eek:

Reporter
02-04-10, 22:46
Govt to build underwater nuclear generator southwest of Singapore.

It's going to be 20 km south of Singapore, about 10 km from Jurong Island and 15 km from Sentosa. From the map this place is between Pulau Senang and Pulau Semakau.

The construction method will be similar to that of the underground oil storage facility of Jurong Island.

This place was also chosen because it's 20 km from Singapore mainland. According to Nuclear safety regulation, there should be a 20 km buffer zone between nuclear facility and city.Will Malaysia and Indonesia protest?

teddybear
02-04-10, 22:48
Sentosa is within 20km :scared-1:.

Property Owner will move out of Sentosa !;)

Wild Falcon
02-04-10, 22:49
Sentosa and southern part of SG is in trouble as its 100% within 20km which means they're in danger zone if anything happens.

DKSG
02-04-10, 23:57
Anyone can verify this piece of information ?

Just came back from W Resi ...

Surprised to see this ...

proud owner
03-04-10, 00:17
Anyone can verify this piece of information ?

Just came back from W Resi ...

Surprised to see this ...

wow wow

safest place is now Pungol

teddybear
03-04-10, 00:30
Southern part of SG? Tanjong Pagar, Pasir Panjang, West Coast, Telok Blangah, Keppel Bay, Vivocity, Marina Bay, Meyer area etc?

Sentosa and southern part of SG is in trouble as its 100% within 20km which means they're in danger zone if anything happens.

teddybear
03-04-10, 00:34
Punggol not safe lah, do you know how bad the pollution from Malaysia Pasir Gudang and nearby area are? Wait Malaysia also build a Nuclear plant nearby (in protest of SG's action)?
Better stay in central part of Singapore, surrounded all around by all other buildings (especially those super-tall buildings which will act as a shield). If the central also affected means all those surround will die first and central people still have time to run away? :p

wow wow

safest place is now Pungol

azeoprop
03-04-10, 07:24
Changi and pasir ris safest now haa haa, anything happen quickly take the next flight out of here. :rolleyes:

I think if tanumy see this, he will start advertising his double bay again, haa haa.

Wild Falcon
03-04-10, 07:58
I think your're right - the central part of SG near the central catchment will be the safest...

Punggol not safe lah, do you know how bad the pollution from Malaysia Pasir Gudang and nearby area are? Wait Malaysia also build a Nuclear plant nearby (in protest of SG's action)?
Better stay in central part of Singapore, surrounded all around by all other buildings (especially those super-tall buildings which will act as a shield). If the central also affected means all those surround will die first and central people still have time to run away? :p

focus
03-04-10, 11:49
Changi and pasir ris safest now haa haa, anything happen quickly take the next flight out of here. :rolleyes:

I think if tanumy see this, he will start advertising his double bay again, haa haa.

Changi Airport at your beck and call? Or you got private jet waiting?

Can stay anywhere in the central, but have a speedboat berth at Punggol :)

mcmlxxvi
03-04-10, 11:59
Now people WILL want bomb shelters to be right inside their houses and not in the common corridors/stairways!

sealover
03-04-10, 13:03
Now people WILL want bomb shelters to be right inside their houses and not in the common corridors/stairways!

You are right. Soon, Maids and their Masters will swap rooms ( maid in master bedroom and Master in bomb shelter ) lollollol

focus
03-04-10, 14:45
Bomb shelthers? I think only those in Landed will be damn solid..
the condos one.. i think ...is mainly suitable for being a storeroom. :)

Oh.. how i love landed.. but my parents dont see it that way. *sigh*

teddybear
26-04-10, 23:23
Jlrx, you missed this new!