PDA

View Full Version : Waterbank (D14, 99 years leasehold, UOL)

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7

mcmlxxvi
03-04-10, 13:55
Key Features:
Site beautifully located to face low-rise landed housing, with units having views towards Marina Bay
Approx 5 mins to Esplanade
Approx 5 mins to Marina Bay Golf Course
Approx 1 min to Old Airport Food Centre & Dakota MRT Station (opening April 2010)
Approx 5 mins to East Coast Park
Approx 2 mins to Kong Hwa School (within 1km)
Approx 4 mins to Parkway Parade
Approx 7 mins to Marina Barrage
Approx 17 mins to Changi Airport
Approx 4 mins to F1 Circuit
Approx 5 mins to Marina Bay Sands Integrated Resort
Approx 4 mins to Singapore Flyer
Approx 5 mins to CBD
Approx 5 mins to Suntec City
Approx 2 mins to Singapore Sports Hub (Approx 450,000sft, ready by 2011)

http://i2.propertyguru.com.sg/images/thumb/8/6/5/b/865b5d1611715_1_V550.jpg
http://i2.propertyguru.com.sg/images/thumb/e/3/9/1/e3916e1611771_1_V550.jpg
http://i2.propertyguru.com.sg/images/thumb/7/b/d/a/7bda4d1611790_1_V550.jpg
http://i2.propertyguru.com.sg/images/thumb/3/f/9/4/3f94df1611794_1_V550.jpg

kEN9170
03-04-10, 14:07
Not WaterBank?

mcmlxxvi
03-04-10, 14:13
The name is cursed (stupid). I always misread it as Water Tank hahahhaha.

http://sg.redad.com/cl_upload/0410/03011532931.jpg

Regulators
03-04-10, 15:11
Watertank or Waterbank, both names sound equally terrible. Watertank sounds like some aquarium and Waterbank sounds like a place to get water when there is water rationing :doh: :doh: :doh:

mcmlxxvi
03-04-10, 15:23
HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cheers1:

gwlip
04-04-10, 21:00
Key Features:

Approx 2 mins to Singapore Sports Hub (Approx 450,000sft, ready by 2011)

Aiyo National Stadium still standing there how to be ready by 2011 la... :banghead:
2014 leh...

Rysk
04-04-10, 22:15
I tink this project is too "mass market". With 616units.. squeeze together.. UOL just wanted to squeeze as much as $$ into their pocket.. haha

smallant
04-04-10, 23:57
how much psf for 99 LH ? :scared-4:

adamfong
05-04-10, 12:53
Just book an appointment to preview this friday.

mr funny
06-04-10, 14:48
http://www.businesstimes.com.sg/sub/suite/story/0,4574,379955,00.html?

Published April 6, 2010

UOL to preview Waterbank at Dakota

CapitaLand, meanwhile, sells 110 Interlace units over the weekend

By KALPANA RASHIWALA

THE property launch scene continues to buzz. UOL Group is expected to preview its 99-year leasehold Waterbank at Dakota condo this week at prices ranging from above $1,000 per square foot to around $1,300 psf.

http://www.businesstimes.com.sg/mnt/media/image/launched/2010-04-06/BT_IMAGES_KRLAUNCH6NEW.jpg
Waterbank at Dakota: This is probably the first residential project to come on the market without bay windows and planter boxes, leaving more net liveable area for residents

Over the Good Friday weekend, CapitaLand sold a total 110 units at The InterLace in the Alexandra Road area at $850-1,300 psf. The property giant has sold more than 390 of the 490 units it has released to date in the 1,040-unit, 99-year leasehold condo.

A CapitaLand spokeswoman said yesterday that units in the latest phase are priced about 3-5 per cent higher than the phase one units released in September last year (at $850-1,150 psf) as there are more units in the recent batch on higher floors or with better facing.

TID Pte Ltd - a joint venture between Hong Leong Group Singapore and Japan's Mitsui Fudosan - also found buyers for 23 of the 40 units it released last week at its 65-unit Nathan Suites. The units fetched prices ranging from slightly below $2,000 psf to $2,300 psf; the average price achieved is $2,100 psf.

The 24-storey freehold project at Nathan Road, opposite the Malaysian High Commission, comprises two, three and four-bedroom apartments as well as penthouses ranging from about 915 sq ft to 4,800 sq ft.

Meanwhile, at Sentosa Cove, Ho Bee and IOI sold six units at The Seascape last week, taking total sales in the project to 31, while City Developments Ltd (CDL) sold another five units of The Residences at W Singapore Sentosa Cove, taking sales to 19 units. CDL is selling its development at $2,500-3,000 psf while units at Seascape cost $2,619-2,880 psf, based on earlier reports.

Next week, Tiong Aik group is expected to preview Starlight Suites at River Valley Close. The freehold 35-storey condo could be priced at about $2,000 psf on average. Starlight Suites has a total of 105 units, comprising one bedders to a four-bedroom penthouse. Unit sizes range from 560 sq ft to 3,401 sq ft.

This week, though, the spotlight will fall along Geylang River, where UOL will preview its Waterbank at Dakota, which is next to the Dakota MRT Station that is slated to open later this month.

Market watchers say that this would be probably the first residential project to come on the market without bay windows and planter boxes, leaving more net liveable area for residents.

A ruling that took effect on Jan 1, 2009, scrapped the exemption of these features from gross floor area for submissions for provisional permission.

UOL is expected to release about 200 of the project's total of 616 units initially. Unit sizes range from 484 sq ft for a one bedder to 2,820 sq ft for a penthouse. Next door, NTUC Choice Homes and Ho Bee are left with about 50 units at Dakota Residences comprising mostly four bedders facing the river. The developers began selling the project, which has a total of 348 units, in June 2008 at about $970 psf on average but trimmed prices by 5-8 per cent during last year's relaunch.

Joseph Tan, CB Richard Ellis executive director (residential), notes that developers have revved up overseas marketing campaigns in places such as Hong Kong, Jakarta, Shanghai and Beijing of late to ride on a pick-up in foreign buying interest.

DTZ executive director (consulting) Ong Choon Fah says that developers' launch strategies in the coming months will differ depending on the market segment they cater to.

For instance, demand from foreign buyers is more significant at the high end than in the other segments. Developers of such projects are more likely to calibrate launches, ensuring that supply keeps pace with a much smaller pool of buyers.

For mass and mid-market projects, on the other hand, developers would be more inclined to push out projects as buying interest remains strong in these segments.

Developers also face greater competition in the mass market category as the government releases new sites, whereas in the luxury sector, new land supply will be introduced at a slower clip, given the huge price gap between buyers' and sellers' expectations for en bloc sales.

amk
08-04-10, 16:50
today it's VIP preview. should see some figures already. not cheap. I wait for the agents to post their figures. 1.2k up.

this is the construction cost. u work out your base cost for UOL.

Lian Beng Group has bagged a $144 million contract to build a condominium development located at Dakota Crescent.

The design-and-build contract was awarded by UOL Development (Dakota) Pte Ltd, and covers the construction of 616 apartment units within three 19-storey blocks, four 20-storey blocks, and a six-storey carpark building with a roof garden, swimming pool, and other ancillary facilities.

Work on the development is expected to commence next month and be completed by March 2013.

amk
08-04-10, 16:53
land cost:

UOL Group has placed the top bid for a 99-year leasehold condo plot at Dakota Crescent facing the Geylang River. Its bid of slightly over $329 million works out to $508 per square foot per plot ratio.

greenhorn
08-04-10, 17:19
Land cost - $508 psf ppr
Construction cost - about $222 psf ppr
Profit based on avg $1150 selling price - >50% :scared-1:

You be the judge...

Condorich
08-04-10, 17:37
Land cost - $508 psf ppr

You be the judge...

Not necessary so.

You can read it as they target to sell 50% and the balance are free units to them. That's why developers can stay afloat even their sales are not as ideal. They can take their time to sell the balance units. Do remember that the lousy units are first to go, next are the average units and the best units are last to be offered. And you have special preview price, launch price and subsequent launch price. Get it?

Not a greenhorn anymore :)

Reporter
08-04-10, 22:53
Gave blank cheque to queue and yet cant get a unit...

Full of anger now...what's the offer price?about $1250psf for mid floor... high floor going at $1300++psf ...This bank rejects cheques?

smallant
08-04-10, 23:03
:scared-1: sure or not ?? Buy dakota residence lor... cheap cheap.. but near TOP oredi... Might have to endure the dust and hammering of the waterbank when building...
Price to pay... thus maybe cheaper.. psf ? :D

Reporter
09-04-10, 10:51
No chance for choice units, unless you are staff or VVIP.

On Wed, they had previewed for staff.

Yesterday, they had full day of preview for their VVIPs. They opened more stacks, but all taken up, unless you don't mind buying 1st or 2nd floor.

Today is preview for members of public to sell those leftover units.So today's preview is for the public?

Wild Falcon
09-04-10, 18:19
Wah. So hot ar? People throwing cheques and need to ballot at $1300psf in D14 facing longkang? The world is getting more interesting by the day :scared-2:Suddenly, every other condo seems cheap in comparison....

smallant
10-04-10, 23:24
What is expensive now... Will be deem cheaper later.. :doh:

kane
10-04-10, 23:29
40% sold from an article in another thread. 2 bedders are just shy of the $1mio mark. it feels more and more like HK...

amk
11-04-10, 10:51
Land cost - $508 psf ppr

You be the judge...

buy UOL shares :D

smallant
13-04-10, 22:51
40% sold.. But heard still got lot more units for sale.... Wonder what is the sort of price they asking now ? :scared-1:

Wild Falcon
14-04-10, 10:35
In today's market when the Estuary and the 76 Shenton are 100% sold out (and some need balloting), 40% sold is no longer earth-shattering. Perhaps an indication that the price has reached a plateau? Apparently the 40% sold are all the smallish units - all speculators.

40% sold.. But heard still got lot more units for sale.... Wonder what is the sort of price they asking now ? :scared-1:

greenhorn
14-04-10, 11:22
Reproducing the BT article here highlighting the waterbank sales update. More than 60% after last weekend...very good sales indeed at such lofty prices :scared-2:

http://www.businesstimes.com.sg/sub/...80890,00.html? (http://www.businesstimes.com.sg/sub/suite/story/0,4574,380890,00.html?)

Published April 13, 2010

Tiong Aik, CDL gearing up condo projects for preview

They are at River Valley Cl, Chestnut Ave; recent property releases yield mixed response

By KALPANA RASHIWALA

DEVELOPERS are busy readying private residential projects for launch to meet demand from buyers before the onset of competition, including projects on new sites being sold by the government.

Tiong Aik group is expected to preview this week its freehold Starlight Suites at River Valley Close at an average price of about $2,050 per sq ft. Unit sizes range from 560 sq ft for a studio to 3,401 sq ft for a penthouse.

City Developments Ltd (CDL) has also unveiled some details of its upcoming condominium at the corner of Chestnut Avenue and Petir Road, which it will preview by month-end.

The 99-year leasehold project will be named Tree House and is aimed at families. It will have 429 units, none of which will be a one-bedder. There will be two-bedroom apartments to four-bedders and penthouses.

'The development will offer a panoramic view of the nature reserves and have extensive and unique recreational facilities,' a CDL spokeswoman said. She declined to give an indication of pricing.

CDL bought the site for $280 per sq ft per plot ratio. The project's breakeven cost is thought to be in the $600-700 psf range.

Meanwhile, developers continued to post a mixed bag of results for recent property releases.

While projects in mass and mid-segments continue to be sought after, demand is cooler for higher-end developments, particularly if they don't have smallish units.

UOL Group is said to have sold more than 100 units at its Waterbank at Dakota condo at the weekend, taking total sales in the 99-year leasehold project to around 370 units.

Prices are also believed to have crept up slightly - between one and 3 per cent. Prices of typical units range from 'above $1,000 psf to above $1,300 psf'.

UOL is said to have released more than 400 of the 616 units in the project, which fronts Geylang River and is next to Dakota MRT Station, which opens this Saturday. It began selling the project last week.

BT understands the showflat will be closed today and tomorrow in preparation for the project's official launch on Saturday.

The buzz about UOL's project has also benefited the neighbouring Dakota Residences, where another 15 units - four-bedders facing the river - have been sold. The average price is close to $1,050 psf. And the 348-unit condo now has fewer than 40 unsold units. It is being developed by a joint venture between Ho Bee and NTUC Choice Homes.

TID - a tie-up between Hong Leong Group Singapore and Japan's Mitsui Fudosan - last week sold a further seven units of the freehold Nathan Suites.

This means TID has sold 30 of the 52 units released in the 65-unit development, which will rise 24 storeys and is being sold at an average price of about $2,100 psf.

High-net-worth Singaporeans have made up the bulk of buyers, a Hong Leong spokeswoman said.

CDL, the listed property arm of Hong Leong Group, says it marketed The Residences at W Singapore Sentosa Cove in Hong Kong at the weekend.

'The interest level is good and our marketing staff are awaiting telegraphic transfers for some units, while a number of prospective buyers have made arrangements to conduct on-site visits,' CDL's spokeswoman said.

The group, which expects to do roadshows in Shanghai and Jakarta in the next few weeks, declined to provide sales updates in the meantime.

CDL is selling the 99-year leasehold condo at $2,500-$3,000 psf. Sales in Singapore are said to be tepid.

smallant
14-04-10, 12:28
:scared-1: I thought I heard some MIW saying singapore housing is affordable.. Hmmm.. ST heading 3000 .. Spore GDP 13.2 % ... NWC wages recommendation ?? hope to get more than 8% :D

adamfong
16-04-10, 11:23
Any updates on the sale and psf?

Is it worth to buy a 3br at $1100psf?

august
16-04-10, 11:38

i think the condo pricing depending on location of cos is slowly getting out of reach for HDB upgraders ~

amk
16-04-10, 12:09

If you like the area I think it's reasonable. the 3bd is abt 1200sqf with no balcony/bay window so usable space is big. It's near MRT and food center and facilities. with circle line suntec city is like 4-5 stops away ? 1k psf next to MRT seems to be the pricing nowadays.

dun forget if u take UOB SOR+0 loan, practically you get a form of cash rebate from the loan, so the total price is actually slightly less than purchase price. if that make u feel better :)

neptbay
16-04-10, 16:47
I understand that high floors, landed property facing 3 bedroom units have already been sold for more than $1150 psf last week.

So its interesting to see at tomorrow's public launch of the remaining stacks, to coincide with the opening of Dakota Station of the Circle Line, whether prices will edge further north.

After all, I dont think there will be many more new condominium projects near city or at city fringe that will be built within 200 m to any MRT stations.

I personally think its a project worth a serious 2nd look.....

Reporter
16-04-10, 18:16
heard from agts tat they conduct another rd of balloting today for certain newly released stacks...I wonder how many gd units r left for tmr public launch.Conducting ballot before public launch?

smallant
16-04-10, 21:21
OMG ! Another soldout ???
:scared-4: :scared-3:

Wild Falcon
16-04-10, 21:32
Already launched last week. The price is pretty steep - I guess for those ngear ngear got to stay near MRT type of crowd.

Conducting ballot before public launch?

mcmlxxvi
17-04-10, 11:20
I understand that high floors, landed property facing 3 bedroom units have already been sold for more than $1150 psf last week.

So its interesting to see at tomorrow's public launch of the remaining stacks, to coincide with the opening of Dakota Station of the Circle Line, whether prices will edge further north.

After all, I dont think there will be many more new condominium projects near city or at city fringe that will be built within 200 m to any MRT stations.

I personally think its a project worth a serious 2nd look.....

Considering the price and the 99LH status, I personally think this is a project worth a serious 2nd thought before you plonk down that hard-earned money...

mcmlxxvi
17-04-10, 11:20

Wild Falcon
17-04-10, 15:24
I think the "official" launch coincide with the circle line launch - may sell well as many aunties and uncles who wanna try out the circle line MRT may end up buying a condo there. Good marketing effort to attract no-car MRT crowd - now they can see and feel their condo beside a station - their mode of transport.

neptbay
17-04-10, 17:35
I think the "official" launch coincide with the circle line launch - may sell well as many aunties and uncles who wanna try out the circle line MRT may end up buying a condo there. Good marketing effort to attract no-car MRT crowd - now they can see and feel their condo beside a station - their mode of transport.

I dont think the aunties and uncles are so naive to plonk their hard earned monies to buy a unit at WaterBank (WB) just bcos they can see and feel that they stay so near to a station.

I believe buyers of WB must have assessed the conveniences, the attractiveness and hence the potential investments before signing and committing themselves.

Nobody expected the condos in Tanjong Rhu to fetch more than $1200 psf now compared to when they were 1st launched.

For buyers of WB, the potential investment will be known in 2014. Do not forget under Master Plan 2008, the Kallang and the Paya Lebar area will be transformed dramatically and lest anyone forgets, the Sports Hub and the surrounding areas...

jasonyap
17-04-10, 19:45
Why admin erased my previous post? Cannot post the $ psf ar?

2 bedded sold out without release to public... all went to check queue buyers at about $1350 psf...

The show house was packed and no many units left...

smallant
18-04-10, 15:22
Nothing left ?? Was hoping to get some fire sales units.. if any....
Looks like have to wait...

august
18-04-10, 15:36
no time to go visit show room, where can see floor plans?

neptbay
18-04-10, 15:50
no time to go visit show room, where can see floor plans?

Try this...

www.WaterBank.com.sg...

august
18-04-10, 16:12
Try this...

www.WaterBank.com.sg (http://www.WaterBank.com.sg)...

wah the walls look very thin ~

focus
18-04-10, 16:59
is it stupid to buy a Dakota Residence 4bedroom at $1100psf?
I got river facing at $2m.. looks very nice. but unit number is 14-14

august
18-04-10, 17:41

this project like not enough car park lots leh

DC33_2008
18-04-10, 17:45
Stacks 9, 12, 13, 20, 21 and 25 is quite good with 1+1, 3 and 4 bedders. Not sure if such stacks have been released.

Douk
18-04-10, 17:49
Among all the new 99LH projects at 1000++psf range, this has good potential.
:2cents:

mcmlxxvi
18-04-10, 17:49
Stacks 9, 12, 13, 20, 21 and 25 is quite good with 1+1, 3 and 4 bedders. Not sure if such stacks have been released.

Just came back from showflat. 1+1 sold out. 2BR also all sold out. Project is 80% sold. Finishing is horrendous - worse than Fragrance.

acewee
18-04-10, 17:51
Dakorta Residence also have less CPs than units? I thought only WaterBank.

Wild Falcon
18-04-10, 17:56
Appear in the papers today - something like 500+ lots for 616 units. I guess its never targeted at the car owning crowd but the MRT-taking crowd. Nowadays I feel stressed going to new condos where visitors usually have to circle around to find parking elsewhere. Families with 2 cars can forget about this place - in fact I suspect the first parking lot may have to balloted as well. Just like some recent East Coast launch, no. of lots much lower than no. of units. But then, as I say earlier, the target crowd is not the car owners. And with quite a lot of studios, the speculators should be out in full force to grab the small units. So another sold-out project? Hehe.

amk
18-04-10, 17:59
how come so high ? I thought the left over units is just 1k psf now?

38 Dakota Crescent #12-10
99 Yrs From 11/09/2007
$963
$1762k
26 Feb 10

Personally I prefer Dakota Residence. Right now Waterbank 4bd price is also abt 1.8mil. Both have abt the same useable space. But Dakota Residence has extra big balconies and baywindows.

amk
18-04-10, 18:08
So another sold-out project? Hehe.
from what I see in the showroom, yes. most of the units sold. just left a few low floor poor facing units. and that "cabana" units basically on top of the MSCP.

MSCP, rubbish chute outside. and 1.1/2k psf. looks like a trend already.

focus
18-04-10, 18:11

Don't know abt the car park as there is a multistorey carpark at the market for me :)

Anyway, not buying.. the number is really not good.. 14-14..

But the view is 180degrees unblocked, can see sea, IR, wheel..
Location is damn good ... Dakota MRT, stadium..east coast..everything so freaking near...

Will look out for another one then... my quest for a home will continue towards 2011..and possibly 2012...

focus
18-04-10, 18:13
how come so high ? I thought the left over units is just 1k psf now?

38 Dakota Crescent #12-10
99 Yrs From 11/09/2007
$963
$1762k
26 Feb 10

Personally I prefer Dakota Residence. Right now Waterbank 4bd price is also abt 1.8mil. Both have abt the same useable space. But Dakota Residence has extra big balconies and baywindows.
Yup. After visiting Dakota REsidence.. I think that area is really a very very superb location for mass market condos ... and those who prefer living near HDB amenities..

Oh.. and add to it.. my parents loved it .. if not for the pricing and the unlucky number.

Wild Falcon
18-04-10, 18:20
D14+ No basement parking + significant parking lot shortfall + outside rubbish chute.... still sell-out. Nowadays developers can anyhow cut cost and people will still bite. The renderings look unimpressive and newspapers keep shouting on the "view" and come on every condo has a "view" and this view of Geylang River nothing to shout about.

from what I see in the showroom, yes. most of the units sold. just left a few low floor poor facing units. and that "cabana" units basically on top of the MSCP.

MSCP, rubbish chute outside. and 1.1/2k psf. looks like a trend already.

amk
18-04-10, 18:26
focus if u really like the area, why dun you make an offer to NTUC for the Dakota Residence ? I think 1.8-1.9m is a reasonable offer.

Look at this number: Dakota Residence 200,000sqt land size and 348 units. Waterbank, 180,000sqft land size and 606 units ?!

East Coast Boy
18-04-10, 19:40
Was in the showflat this afternoon. About 80% sold out of the total units.

Left only those low floor units which facing the multi story car park.

$1,300+psf for 99yrs project, I will prefer to buy FH old project @ Mayer Area.
:doh: :doh: :doh:

focus
18-04-10, 19:57
focus if u really like the area, why dun you make an offer to NTUC for the Dakota Residence ? I think 1.8-1.9m is a reasonable offer.

Look at this number: Dakota Residence 200,000sqt land size and 348 units. Waterbank, 180,000sqft land size and 606 units ?!

It's developer's sale. THey upped the price to $1100psf for the remaining 4bedrooms.. $1050psf for thoes below 6th level (can't see anything).

I went up to the 10th floor ..and the view was already very good.

neptbay
18-04-10, 21:06

It's interesting to see how much are the conservancy and maintenance fees for these 2 projects..

BillyCutie
18-04-10, 21:11
It's developer's sale. THey upped the price to $1100psf for the remaining 4bedrooms.. $1050psf for thoes below 6th level (can't see anything).

I went up to the 10th floor ..and the view was already very good.

Wow, at $1100 psf for 4-bedder, one can probably get a much higher floor at other devt, say Trevista? Marvel how the developers are able to scale new prices up.....

focus
18-04-10, 21:15
Wow, at $1100 psf for 4-bedder, one can probably get a much higher floor at other devt, say Trevista? Marvel how the developers are able to scale new prices up.....

Dakota Residence just selling at what the next door neighbour Waterbank is selling for low floors? I dunno.. from the thread, it seems those who went Waterbank found 80% sold out? ..

neptbay
18-04-10, 21:39
Was in the showflat this afternoon. About 80% sold out of the total units.

Left only those low floor units which facing the multi story car park.

$1,300+psf for 99yrs project, I will prefer to buy FH old project @ Mayer Area.
:doh: :doh: :doh:

I agree but don't you think when the mrt station is just a stone's throw away, only then can it command such a premium, also not forgetting its just at the city's fringe.

Wild Falcon
18-04-10, 22:06
By the time this project TOPs, there will be a lot more MRT stations coming up - and more efficient lines than circle line as well. So this premium is a bit OTT. There are lots of 99LH projects near MRT that are not commanding this kind of price. And no matter what, this is a 616 units condo - personally i don't like developments more than 450 units. But then, this project chut pattern and offers SOR + 0% bank financing packages :eek: - would be too good to resist for most speculators. Looks like the developer sales are doing well - the resale and subsale market seem quiet.

I agree but don't you think when the mrt station is just a stone's throw away, only then can it command such a premium, also not forgetting its just at the city's fringe.

mcmlxxvi
18-04-10, 22:09
It's interesting to see how much are the conservancy and maintenance fees for these 2 projects..

Was told $300 for 2BR @ Waterbank.

DC33_2008
18-04-10, 22:10
UOL has soid its Southbank project too cheap in 2006 at only $600psf. Hence, they are determined to make a good profit from Waterbank even though it is further away from CBD as compared to Southbank.

cl0ver
18-04-10, 23:02
UOL has soid its Southbank project too cheap in 2006 at only $600psf. Hence, they are determined to make a good profit from Waterbank even though it is further away from CBD as compared to Southbank.

now i see the resemblance in naming... lol
the cabanas was going for 1.3mil. it comes with a private car park just under your unit which goes into the overall sqft.....
but i find it weird that it means everyday driving up to the 5th floor to your unit!

neptbay
18-04-10, 23:15
I agree that in years to come more condos will come on stream near to mrt stations, but one like WB so near the city is not easy to come by. In fact I am still waiting for the govt to release details and more imptlythe location of the stations for the Eastern Line. I am sure when the announcements are made, there will definitely be a 'price revision' in the properties there.

In tonight's news, the govt just announced they will spend up to a billion $ to spruce up some HDB estates and Kallang is one of the precincts. Admittedly, the surrounding areas near WB and DR are not up to par yet, but I am sure in 3 years' time, the areas will be transformed.

Regarding SouthBank being priced at where they were, one can be sure it was the right price then. UOL won't
be so naive to price itself out of the existing market back then. To me, WB's location is better situated than SB. The latter is nestled together with quite a sizeable units of light industries and no offence, near the caskets.

fairlady04
18-04-10, 23:34
Why do u say there will be "more efficient lines" than circle line? Circle line is high frequency, and from Dakota, takes <8 mins to Promenade (Millenia Walk, Millenia Tower, Centennia Tower, Suntec City) and another 2 mins to Esplanade Station (Suntec, Raffles Link offices, CityLink Mall, Raffles City). There is also seamless connection with the main MRT lines N-S, E-W at the interchanges. I must say it is even better connected than the North-east line, which takes 10 mins to walk from main line station just to switch trains, whether u are at Dhoby Ghaut or Outram. If Kovan Residences (one block within 5metres distance away from the other!) is asking for S$1000psf, Waterbank is not "OTT" asking for S$1300psf, for the unobstructed 180 degree view of city and Marina Bay.

By the time this project TOPs, there will be a lot more MRT stations coming up - and more efficient lines than circle line as well. So this premium is a bit OTT. There are lots of 99LH projects near MRT that are not commanding this kind of price. And no matter what, this is a 616 units condo - personally i don't like developments more than 450 units. But then, this project chut pattern and offers SOR + 0% bank financing packages :eek: - would be too good to resist for most speculators. Looks like the developer sales are doing well - the resale and subsale market seem quiet.

DC33_2008
19-04-10, 09:09
Which is better? Geylang or Casket? Flats near the Dakota and Mounbatten MRT stns have already being upgraded. It is probably away from the stations. Southbank has already reached $1520psf. Not sure about WB?

I agree that in years to come more condos will come on stream near to mrt stations, but one like WB so near the city is not easy to come by. In fact I am still waiting for the govt to release details and more imptlythe location of the stations for the Eastern Line. I am sure when the announcements are made, there will definitely be a 'price revision' in the properties there.

In tonight's news, the govt just announced they will spend up to a billion $ to spruce up some HDB estates and Kallang is one of the precincts. Admittedly, the surrounding areas near WB and DR are not up to par yet, but I am sure in 3 years' time, the areas will be transformed.

Regarding SouthBank being priced at where they were, one can be sure it was the right price then. UOL won't
be so naive to price itself out of the existing market back then. To me, WB's location is better situated than SB. The latter is nestled together with quite a sizeable units of light industries and no offence, near the caskets.

teddybear
19-04-10, 09:15
Even being close to MRT station doesn't mean the owners there will take MRT and give up cars? If the owners can own a $1.5m or more property, they won't want to own a car for conveniency?
Own a private property that by right should be entitled to at least 1 car park space (but didn't) may end up in future fighting with HDB dwellers for car park when they already have car park crunch? (but HDB dwellers pay cheap cheap for their HDB flats so no complain but to pay $1.5m to get shit (ops, I mean not getting even a car park space in their "exclusive" private estate)?. Ops, wrong choice of words again - 600+ units don't think can be considered "exclusive". :p
616 units with about 500 car park lots? About 19% of the owners will be short of car park space! (if we consider those units with at least 2 cars then :banghead:).

neptbay
19-04-10, 09:27
Which is better? Geylang or Casket? Flats near the Dakota and Mounbatten MRT stns have already being upgraded. It is probably away from the stations. Southbank has already reached $1520psf. Not sure about WB?

Which is better, Geylang or casket? Its not for me to know..
If you have read the papers recently, more raids are conducted now in the Geylang belt, and if I am not mistaken, activities and streetside peddlings have toned down...Dont forget, there are budget hotels now near the SB area too..

So what if SB has hit the $1500psf level now. 3 years down the road, WB may appreciate too..

In my opinion, WB is in a much better location than SB.

When the WB parcel of land was tendered out and results made known, 7 bids were twice the reserve price...this does speak volume of this site...a jewel in the making?????

DC33_2008
19-04-10, 09:31
At least we know about the present and it is factual. Not sure about future? Got to look at the crystal ball as there will be a lot of development TOP next year and the year after.

Which is better, Geylang or casket? Its not for me to know..
If you have read the papers recently, more raids are conducted now in the Geylang belt, and if I am not mistaken, activities and streetside peddlings have toned down...Dont forget, there are budget hotels now near the SB area too..

So what if SB has hit the $1500psf level now. 3 years down the road, WB may appreciate too..

In my opinion, WB is in a much better location than SB.

When the WB parcel of land was tendered out and results made known, 7 bids were twice the reserve price...this does speak volume of this site...a jewel in the making?????

neptbay
19-04-10, 09:37
At least we know about the present and it is factual. Not sure about future? Got to look at the crystal ball as there will be a lot of development TOP next year and the year after.

The Sports Hub and the URA 2008 masterplan...surely these will be up and running soon..

Yeah, I heard you about the Sports Hub should have been up by now, but due to the 2007 crisis , it was temporarily shelved due to fundings...but fret down, these will be in place hopefully in 5 years' time...

Cheers!!

neptbay
19-04-10, 10:31
There is a writeup on Waterbank in The Edge Singapore dated 19th April 2010 pg CC6 to CC7...

If you have bought a unit, just say you will feel good..very good indeed....

One gentleman bought 4 units.....!!!!!!!!

loonymaloney
19-04-10, 11:06
does anyone have any idea on what the developer is trying to achieve with the below "Dual Key" floor plan?

http://waterbank.sg/pdf/Dakota_TypeDK_DKT.pdf

sleek
19-04-10, 11:11
Singapore Property Review of FCL's 8@Woodleigh Dual Key apartments (http://singaporepropertyreviews.blogspot.com/2009/06/8-woodleigh-close.html) :-

The unique aspect of this development is the "Buy 1 Get 2" units called dual key concept. If you plan to buy a 3 bedroom apartment which you would share with your parents, you could try this interesting layout. This could also be used for sub-letting a part of the apartment, providing additional income. What we do not like in this layout is the need to enter through the additional kitchen for the smaller studio unit.

does anyone have any idea on what the developer is trying to achieve with the below "Dual Key" floor plan?

august
19-04-10, 11:14

its a mass mkt condo feature that iirc began with Caspian ~
for multi-generation living under 1 roof but yet have some privacy, something like that... i think those new upcoming HDBs at dawson hv something like this too

sometimes from the layout and unit-mix u can tell what mkt segments the developers are trying to target.

in this rgd i find DR a better buy than WB hehe :scared-2:

loonymaloney
19-04-10, 11:19
that's what i was thinking about as well. but the bedroom in the 'studio' is sharing with the same balcony as the 'other apartment', so privacy is not definitely not there for the tenant if it's to be rented out. and i guess a standalone studio would be more attractive in this case.

however, it's a good concept if it's a stay with the in-laws but i just feel the layout is not maximized in this case.

Singapore Property Review of FCL's 8@Woodleigh Dual Key apartments (http://singaporepropertyreviews.blogspot.com/2009/06/8-woodleigh-close.html) :-

The unique aspect of this development is the "Buy 1 Get 2" units called dual key concept. If you plan to buy a 3 bedroom apartment which you would share with your parents, you could try this interesting layout. This could also be used for sub-letting a part of the apartment, providing additional income. What we do not like in this layout is the need to enter through the additional kitchen for the smaller studio unit.

urban
19-04-10, 11:23
that's what i was thinking about as well. but the bedroom in the 'studio' is sharing with the same balcony as the 'other apartment', so privacy is not definitely not there for the tenant if it's to be rented out. and i guess a standalone studio would be more attractive in this case.

however, it's a good concept if it's a stay with the in-laws but i just feel the layout is not maximized in this case.

The floor space is too small to create 2 dining and kitchen areas. And as a result both sides will feel it is too small. This would make more sense in a larger unit or those penthouses.

Wild Falcon
19-04-10, 12:13
Obviously for sub-letting. In Geylang area, many units are divided into smaller rooms to sublet to individuals. So 3 bedder unit can be cut out into small sections for ease of subletting. The developer obviously has done his research on the potential buyers and tenants in the area.

Wild Falcon
19-04-10, 12:24
What's the use of living near the Sports Hub? Every weekend hear the loudspeaker from the schools doing their "Sports Day"? Living near the Sports Hub is not a plus point. At $1300psf for a 99LH condo with >600 units with significant parking shortfall and no underground parking and visitors probably have to find parking elsewhere and walk over, I'm not exactly sure what upside people are thinking of. I mean maybe the upside is $1500psf but that's not exactly a lot is it? And there are some "prime" resale condos that are trading at that range or even lower. But I guess no one development offers the SOR + 0% interest which is next best to deferred payment scheme already. Looks like the developers always know how to "siam" the government's rules.

The Sports Hub and the URA 2008 masterplan...surely these will be up and running soon..

Yeah, I heard you about the Sports Hub should have been up by now, but due to the 2007 crisis , it was temporarily shelved due to fundings...but fret down, these will be in place hopefully in 5 years' time...

Cheers!!

neptbay
19-04-10, 14:04
Obviously for sub-letting. In Geylang area, many units are divided into smaller rooms to sublet to individuals. So 3 bedder unit can be cut out into small sections for ease of subletting. The developer obviously has done his research on the potential buyers and tenants in the area.

This is from Wild Falcon too....

What's the use of living near the Sports Hub? Every weekend hear the loudspeaker from the schools doing their "Sports Day"? Living near the Sports Hub is not a plus point. At $1300psf for a 99LH condo with >600 units with significant parking shortfall and no underground parking and visitors probably have to find parking elsewhere and walk over, I'm not exactly sure what upside people are thinking of. I mean maybe the upside is $1500psf but that's not exactly a lot is it? And there are some "prime" resale condos that are trading at that range or even lower. But I guess no one development offers the SOR + 0% interest which is next best to deferred payment scheme already. Looks like the developers always know how to "siam" the government's rules.

Well, if what you said that the developer has done their research re subletting , then I am sure they must have also done in depth survey and research on the shortfall of car park lots...Obviously a development near a mrt station will attract more investors than home occupiers, meaning tenants are more likely to rely on train services than owning cars.

Its not only the Sports Hub alone, what abt the shopping complexes and the proximity to the IRs, Esplanade and the such? For those who are working in the city area, they are most likely to find accommodation nearby and rely on the trains.

Sports Day isnt it an annual affair? Anyway, school activites and hence "noises" take place during the day, at which time most of the residents will be at work..

"Prime" resale condos yes can fetch at $1300psf, but have you noticed their "tired" looks? Probably the residents there are waiting to en bloc their properties...

If the upside is $1500 psf doesnt it mean that there is already potential there already...

Just my 2 cents' worth..

DC33_2008
19-04-10, 15:54
Kallang /Whampoa is no where near WB nor DR.

HDB commits $1b to upgrade 85,000 households in 8 towns (http://lushhomemedia.com/2010/04/18/hdb-commits-1b-to-upgrade-85000-households-in-8-towns/)

Posted by luxuryasiahome (http:///) on April 18, 2010
The Housing and Development Board (HDB) has committed another $1 billion to upgrade eight towns.
Deputy PM and Minister for Home Affairs, Wong Kan Seng announced this at the HDB’s 50th anniversary celebrations on Sunday.
The eight towns are in the Central zone, namely Ang Mo Kio, Toa Payoh, Bishan, Serangoon, Kallang/Whampoa, Queesntown, Bukit Merah and Central.
This is on top of $3.4 billion spent since 1990, which has benefited some 150,000 households there.
Mr Wong said the additional spending would be used to upgrade the living environment of another 85,000 households, through programmes like Home Improvement and Lift Upgrading.
“I can assure you that as long as we have the financial resources, the government will continue to expand upgrading programmes to all other households eligible,” said Mr Wong.
Source : Channel NewsAsia – 18 Apr 2010

The Kallang (Whampoa) HDB estate residents have access to a convenient travel experience via the road and railway transportation network.
The local residents of Kallang / Whampoa HDB Estate are served by Kallang MRT (EW10) and Boon Keng MRT Station (NE9) while commuting by train. Construction of the Stadium MRT Station, which is proposed to be functional by 2010, is also underway.

focus
20-04-10, 01:51
Oh..i found one bugbear...
Waterbank and Dakota Residence are situated in between low-rise rental housing (if i am not wrong)...

So... i'm not sure whether the crime rate or crowd will be of concern to anyone willing to rent the place or actual owners with kids living there or ladies going back at night from mrt.

smallant
20-04-10, 08:52
Gd pt ! tear it down, clear it and sell the land to build another condo ?? :)

After all, gd $ for a pc of land leh ...

neptbay
20-04-10, 10:06
Oh..i found one bugbear...
Waterbank and Dakota Residence are situated in between low-rise rental housing (if i am not wrong)...

So... i'm not sure whether the crime rate or crowd will be of concern to anyone willing to rent the place or actual owners with kids living there or ladies going back at night from mrt.

I would appreciate the fact that you dont look down on those people renting those flats....are you subscribing to the idea that all poor people "rob and steal".??

Another sidenote, are you not aware that there is a neighbourhood police post nearby in one of the HDB blocks?

Wild Falcon
20-04-10, 10:13
Hey neptbay, I'm just stating my views on the project (below-average quality with no underground parking, uninspiring architecture, views of concrete jungle etc) and feel the upside is limited and rental yield may not be worth $1300psf. Bear in mind, even The Sail 667 sq ft unit is only fetching $3000+ rental - nothing great. And I notice the well-paid expats usually do drive - and therefore the non-driving expats rental budget could be well below $5k even for 3 bedders in D14. But of course, obviously there are people who hoot 4 units and just like yourself, feel it is a great deal. Good luck for your purchase!

This is from Wild Falcon too....

Well, if what you said that the developer has done their research re subletting , then I am sure they must have also done in depth survey and research on the shortfall of car park lots...Obviously a development near a mrt station will attract more investors than home occupiers, meaning tenants are more likely to rely on train services than owning cars.

Its not only the Sports Hub alone, what abt the shopping complexes and the proximity to the IRs, Esplanade and the such? For those who are working in the city area, they are most likely to find accommodation nearby and rely on the trains.

Sports Day isnt it an annual affair? Anyway, school activites and hence "noises" take place during the day, at which time most of the residents will be at work..

"Prime" resale condos yes can fetch at $1300psf, but have you noticed their "tired" looks? Probably the residents there are waiting to en bloc their properties...

If the upside is $1500 psf doesnt it mean that there is already potential there already...

Just my 2 cents' worth..

neptbay
20-04-10, 11:48
Hey neptbay, I'm just stating my views on the project (below-average quality with no underground parking, uninspiring architecture, views of concrete jungle etc) and feel the upside is limited and rental yield may not be worth $1300psf. Bear in mind, even The Sail 667 sq ft unit is only fetching $3000+ rental - nothing great. And I notice the well-paid expats usually do drive - and therefore the non-driving expats rental budget could be well below $5k even for 3 bedders in D14. But of course, obviously there are people who hoot 4 units and just like yourself, feel it is a great deal. Good luck for your purchase!

Hey hello Wild Falcon, like you, I am also just expressing my views and opinions...Well you tend to be all negative, whereas I am on the other side negating all yr vibes. Yes, I do feel its a good investment..

If you "happen" to purchase a high floor unit, you will be looking down at the concrete jungle and enjoy an open and uninterrupted view of the sea, albeit from a distance though..

If one person can hoot 4 units in exchange for a semi D bungalow, need I say more?? If 7 developers can bid 2 times the reserve price, are you to tell them that they have made a grave mistake or are you just missing something??? :doh:

My 2 cents' worth again..

Reporter
20-04-10, 14:41
http://www.sph.com.sg/images/logo_lhzb.png
丽水湾616单位 已售出超过500个
联合早报
星期二, 20-4-2010

房地产销售步伐维持强劲,发展商推出了更多新单位出售。

华业集团(UOL)位于达科达弯的丽水湾(Waterbank at Dakota)在上个周末再卖出130个单位,每平方英尺的价格介于1000元至1300元($1,000 psf to $1,300 psf)。

这个拥有616个单位的共管公寓项目,靠近达科达地铁站,从预售至今,已售出了超过500个单位,华业集团打算在来临的周末,推出更多新的单位。

集团营运总裁粘为信透露,来自本地买家的需求强劲,买家中,约88%是本地人,多数拥有私人住宅的地址。

粘为信认为,那是因为本地人对这个地点熟悉,主要是买来自己居住或买来养老。买家中也有有孩子的年轻夫妇。

由于面河、面向市区和有地住宅的单位都没有阻挡,粘为信相信,这是项目受欢迎的原因。此外,由于项目在上个周末(17日)推出时,刚好碰上达科达地铁站(地铁环线)启用,因此,增加了项目的卖点。

远东机构受询时也表示,在过去两个星期,销售业绩大致维持平稳,每个星期卖出了34个单位。

由于远东在同一时间内售卖不同共管公寓项目的单位,因此,所售卖的单位从大众化私宅到高档豪宅单位都有。据了解,其中卖得比较好的两个项目是在去年就推出,已在市场上一段日子的Cyan和新乐园(Mi Casa)。

focus
20-04-10, 15:23
I would appreciate the fact that you dont look down on those people renting those flats....are you subscribing to the idea that all poor people "rob and steal".??

Another sidenote, are you not aware that there is a neighbourhood police post nearby in one of the HDB blocks?

Of course not. I live in HDB too.
If we need to be politically correct, I would say all who live in HDB are the same, trying to earn a honest living. However, there are always black sheeps around and would it be more probable for those to appear more frequently in those HDB? I don't know. I was just raising a concern (which might not be substantiated).

teddybear
20-04-10, 15:52
So the police post will be effective in deterring any crime? If so there will be no crime in Singapore (since Singapore so small)! :banghead:

Points to consider:
1) Majority of Singaporeans live in HDB flats, no problem with that. Still, private properties estates & enclaves with no HDB flats nearby tends to command much better prices and premiums compared to those near HDB estates.
2) Now, these are not just HDB flats, these are HDB rental flats! We don't know why these people are renting there, but we know most of them are in financial difficulties otherwise govt won't rent to them.
3) What is the probability of a person committing crime when they are in financial difficulties in Singapore (cum there is no social security net in Singapore) vs somebody who has the money and live in private properties?
4) Do you think a private property in a private properties enclave with no HDB flats in sight / nearby or a private property between rental HDB flats &/or even near workers' dormitories will give people much better sense of safety, security, high-class environment, premium for further capital appreciation, etc?

Quote:
Originally Posted by neptbay

Of course not. I live in HDB too.
If we need to be politically correct, I would say all who live in HDB are the same, trying to earn a honest living. However, there are always black sheeps around and would it be more probable for those to appear more frequently in those HDB? I don't know. I was just raising a concern (which might not be substantiated).

neptbay
20-04-10, 16:58
[quote=teddybear]So the police post will be effective in deterring any crime? If so there will be no crime in Singapore (since Singapore so small)! :banghead:

Points to consider:

1) Majority of Singaporeans live in HDB flats, no problem with that. Still, private properties estates & enclaves with no HDB flats nearby tends to command much better prices and premiums compared to those near HDB estates.

2) Now, these are not just HDB flats, these are HDB rental flats! We don't know why these people are renting there, but we know most of them are in financial difficulties otherwise govt won't rent to them.

3) What is the probability of a person committing crime when they are in financial difficulties in Singapore (cum there is no social security net in Singapore) vs somebody who has the money and live in private properties?

4) Do you think a private property in a private properties enclave with no HDB flats in sight / nearby or a private property between rental HDB flats &/or even near workers' dormitories will give people much better sense of safety, security, high-class environment, premium for further capital appreciation, etc?

Yes, I am afraid to say that NPP does play a role in deterring crimes, maybe you stay in an exclusive enclave whereby there is no need for the presence of a NPP. :tsk-tsk:

We are not comparing to the high end luxury condos, WB is considered an above average mass mkt type of project and being near HDB with its amenities and of course MRT's promixity make it an almost sell out project..

People staying in these rental units have reasons for staying there. Yes, they may be in financial difficulties, but I am sure there are also others who have been left behind by their spouse, children and hence to fend for themselves. The residents of the rental units are elderly people, I have seen them and I cant imagine them doing crimes; rob and steal....

You asked what is "the probability of a person committing crime when they are in financial difficulties in Singapore?" Are you implying its high and very likely? Such people may be poor but I dont think they are desperate to that extend that you made out them to be. Please have a heart for them.

Have you gone down to the site in the 1st place? I have and let me tell you its in a nice, quiet corner at the end of Dakota Crescent, its just behind a secondary school and between a block of HDB executive apartments.

Just next door to a MRT station, well known hawker centre, city fringe...yes WB will enjoy further capital appreciation...:spliff:

amk
20-04-10, 20:41
Just next door to a MRT station, well known hawker centre, city fringe...yes WB will enjoy further capital appreciation...:spliff:
To be fair I agreed WB's location is pretty good. The view is good too.

Although I also agreed with Wild Falcon on some critical issues of this project, namely severely insufficient parking space, comparatively overpriced (than for example Dakota Residence), a little over crowded (616 on 180k sqft land).

So the issue here is just the level of the pricing. Dakota Residence would have been a better buy.

(I still dun understand why HoBee/NTUC only builds 348 units on a 200k sqft land, whereas UOL decided to build 616 units on 180k sqft site)

adamfong
20-04-10, 21:09
I think the land for Dakota Residences is only 125K sqft.

jc
20-04-10, 21:37
So the police post will be effective in deterring any crime? If so there will be no crime in Singapore (since Singapore so small)! :banghead:

Points to consider:

That's the same concern i have with Southbank and Citylights. Not looking down at anybody, but somehow the environment don't give that upmarket feel. Once i step out of Citylights, go to nearby Singapore Pools rushing to buy 4D, there are beggars, pple sleeping on the pavement, etc.

kit
20-04-10, 23:22

Yes the land size of Dakota Residences is only 124877 sqft and they have 348 units.

So I think If WB land size is 180000 sqft have 616 units can be justifly.

sabian
21-04-10, 01:22
... insufficient parking space, comparatively overpriced (than for example Dakota Residence), a little over crowded (616 on 180k sqft land).

So the issue here is just the level of the pricing. Dakota Residence would have been a better buy.

(I still dun understand why HoBee/NTUC only builds 348 units on a 200k sqft land, whereas UOL decided to build 616 units on 180k sqft site)

You mean the ratio of parking lot to units @ WB is not 1:1??? That sucks.

Maybe UOL dump in more disneyfied units in their project compared to Ho Bee?

mr funny
21-04-10, 02:29
http://www.businesstimes.com.sg/sub/suite/story/0,4574,381986,00.html?

Published April 20, 2010

Slower April sales not stopping launches

Tree House, The Holland Collection being launched this weekend

By UMA SHANKARI

(SINGAPORE) Developers plan to launch more residential projects this weekend - even though home sales slowed in April after a strong showing in March.

1,761 new private homes were sold in March - a 47 per cent month-on-month increase. But sales have come off this month, market watchers say - though there have been exceptions.

UOL Group said that it sold more than 130 units in its 616-unit Waterbank at Dakota condominium from Friday to Sunday. This takes the number of apartments sold there to more than 500. Apartments went for $1,000-1,300 per sq ft and UOL said that it will release more this weekend.

Would-be buyers can also look forward to two projects that will be launched for the first time this weekend - City Developments' Tree House and The Holland Collection from Lippo Group and CLSA Capital Partners.

The Holland Collection's 26 high-end luxury homes are being built on the site of the former Aura Park condominium in Holland Road. Lippo bought the site in a collective sale deal in June 2007 for $1,280 psf of potential gross floor area - a high for the location. CLSA Capital Partners took a 50 per cent stake in the project a few months later.

CLSA Capital Partners' development director Peter Tham said that the partners wanted to launch the project in 2008 but decided to hold back until market sentiment improved.

'The market took a turn for the worse and we might not have achieved our break-even price,' said Mr Tham. 'But we took advantage of the decline in construction costs and started building in September last year.'

The Holland Collection's 26 units will have 19 unique variations in layout, size and space configurations. Apartment sizes range from 1,281 sq ft to 3,606 sq ft. Units will be launched this weekend at an average price of $2,000 psf.

Elsewhere, City Developments will launch its 429-unit Tree House on Chestnut Avenue. Prices start from around $600,000 for a 721 sq ft two-bedroom apartment, agents say.

Analysts have warned that government policy risk could come back into focus following March's strong sales.

'We believe that policy risk still exists,' said DBS Group Research analyst Adrian Chua. 'Back in January, strong monthly sales of around 1,480 units triggered a second wave of government measures.'

Deutsche Bank likewise raised a red flag last week. The bank's analysts believe possible measures the government could use to cool the market include increasing the supply of land, lowering the loan-to-value limit for second home purchases and a capital gains tax.

Despite this, analysts believe that home sales are likely to stay healthy for the rest of the year amid Singapore's economic recovery.

Mr Chua has raised his 2010 forecast for private home sales to 10,000-12,000 units, from 8,000-10,000 units, following strong Q1 2010 numbers.

kEN9170
21-04-10, 06:03
Waterbank will have 554 spaces for 616 units.

You mean the ratio of parking lot to units @ WB is not 1:1??? That sucks.

Maybe UOL dump in more disneyfied units in their project compared to Ho Bee?

DC33_2008
21-04-10, 09:14
Waterbank will have 554 spaces for 616 units.

Quote from Asiaone:
Family prepared to give up one car, pay for space http://www.asiaone.com/a1media/site/common/blank.gifBy Goh Chin Lian

A rule change in 2005 allowed condos within 400m of an MRT or LRT station, or in the Central Business District, to have up to 20 per cent fewer spaces.
Centro Residences, near Ang Mo Kio MRT station, will have 260 spaces for 329 units.
Waterbank @ Dakota, near Dakota MRT station, will have 554 spaces for 616 units.
Both are due to be ready in the next five years.

They have to ballot for carpark lots at WB and Centro. Alternatively, those who bought cabana units can sublet to this group of residents. Not bad monthly income.

Squall8888
21-04-10, 10:12
I don't think poor people are more likely to commit crimes. You see, it is not whether you are poor or rich. It is the person's moral, ethics or whatever you call it.

And don't forget, poor people are the happier lot. Has been proven again and again. So if someone with moral is happy with a rental flat with some grant from the government, why would that person rob or steal? If someone with no moral is rich (but not happy), he is more likely to commit a crime, right?

So at the end of the day, it's the person's moral. I don't think there is any statistics to favour the claim that poor people have a higher tendency to rob. Eg: The PRC who put a $600 bet after announcing the result. He is rich enough to come Singapore to gamble but it is his moral that let him down. Or the rich chairman of one condo in the east putting superglue into other residents door and car because he want to enbloc his unit at a high price. So whether you are rich or poor, the person's moral and upbringing is the key determinant whether you commit a crime or not.

Points to consider:

Quote:
Originally Posted by neptbay

eng81157
21-04-10, 10:14
To be fair I agreed WB's location is pretty good. The view is good too.

Although I also agreed with Wild Falcon on some critical issues of this project, namely severely insufficient parking space, comparatively overpriced (than for example Dakota Residence), a little over crowded (616 on 180k sqft land).

most probably to squeeze whatever profits available. is there any forumer that can comment on the finishing in both projects - dakota residences and waterbank? perhaps that's why there is a pricing difference between both projects. then again, the former was launched when there was still unease and uncertainty in the macroeconomic environment.

personally, i would prefer tg katong, dunman, goodman, mountbatten over dakota location-wise. it still gives me the impression of an elderly, sleepy estate

acewee
21-04-10, 10:55
Anyone know of Dakorta Residence also have less lots than units?

Quote from Asiaone:
Family prepared to give up one car, pay for space http://www.asiaone.com/a1media/site/common/blank.gifBy Goh Chin Lian

A rule change in 2005 allowed condos within 400m of an MRT or LRT station, or in the Central Business District, to have up to 20 per cent fewer spaces.
Centro Residences, near Ang Mo Kio MRT station, will have 260 spaces for 329 units.
Waterbank @ Dakota, near Dakota MRT station, will have 554 spaces for 616 units.
Both are due to be ready in the next five years.

They have to ballot for carpark lots at WB and Centro. Alternatively, those who bought cabana units can sublet to this group of residents. Not bad monthly income.

ppty
21-04-10, 14:24
carpark lots at WB are 10% less than the units.....

Property_Owner
21-04-10, 14:28
Anyone know of Dakorta Residence also have less lots than units?

DAKOTA RESIDENCES

Number of Units: 348

No. Of Car Park Spaces: 348 lots

tanumy
21-04-10, 14:41
REALLY HUGE 'UPSIDE' potential FOR DOUBLE BAY IN SIMEI

Reporter
21-04-10, 14:53
Oops! Waterbank at Dakota is also infected. The virus is spreading fast!

eng81157
21-04-10, 15:01
......time to adopt drastic quarantine measures

focus
21-04-10, 18:55
My Search is OVER! Hurrary! I have finally purchased the Dakota Crescent at $1103psf..

This is for home stay..so negative comments please don't say it out.. don't make me feel bad :)

jlrx
21-04-10, 19:06
My Search is OVER! Hurrary! I have finally purchased the Dakota Crescent at $1103psf..

This is for home stay..so negative comments please don't say it out.. don't make me feel bad :)

Wow ... finally! Congratulations on your purchase! :cheers1:

You can prevent negative comments about your condo by doing what tanumy does.

Great upside potential for D14!

eng81157
21-04-10, 19:42
congrats to your buy! there's quite a good portion of forumers out here that are pretty supportive, just a few that has nothing better to say but spew negatives.

focus
21-04-10, 19:43

Haha.. i woudln't even bother.. for own stay.. does not matter if it goes up or down now.

kit
21-04-10, 19:55

Congratulations, By the way which room size you purchased for $1103psf?

Wild Falcon
21-04-10, 20:04
What is "The Dakota Crescent" that u bought? No such condo... U mean Waterbank or Dakota Residence or not sure? Confusion. Anyway, enjoy your place 3 yes later. D14 would be an interesting area.

sleek
21-04-10, 21:01
Congrats! And since you post it here, presume its Waterbank. :cool:
Nice development! Nice area! Nice catch! :cheers1:

Reporter
21-04-10, 21:18

Haha.. i woudln't even bother.. for own stay.. does not matter if it goes up or down now.
Congratulations!
I am so happy for you, seriously and sincerely.

Home has no price tag!
Now that you have purchased your home, will you still stay with us in this forum?

amk
21-04-10, 23:06

thanks for the correction. I got the info wrong. It's indeed smaller than WB, just 11,600 sqm.

focus: congrats! Is it dakota residence ?

focus
22-04-10, 00:22
Haha.. yes.. will stay in this forum to learn more about ppty investing :)

Yes.. sorry for the confusion.. it's dakota residence for own stay. I think i should break the psf record for the 4bedder?

Property_Owner
22-04-10, 00:42
dakota residences......:)

jlrx
22-04-10, 01:50
Haha.. yes.. will stay in this forum to learn more about ppty investing :)

Yes.. sorry for the confusion.. it's dakota residence for own stay. I think i should break the psf record for the 4bedder?

DAKOTA RESIDENCES

Number of Units: 348

No. Of Car Park Spaces: 348 lots

Dakota Residences has one carpark lot per unit, but you have 4 cars! :scared-4:

When applying for HDB car park, you are ranked third priority, after 1st vehicle and 2nd vehicle of HDB occupiers. :scared-4:

D'Pavilion.. Anyone heard of it?
My parents have "decided" they want to be near my adorable niece who lives in Kovan.

So I'm going to pay $1000psf for a 4 bedroom ($1.75m) or a PH($2m).
1 Carpark lot.. i got 4 cars... but it's ok ... i will just park the rest in the nearby HDBs. :)

The most lousy ..losing proposition is a HOME..

focus
22-04-10, 04:10
Dakota Residences has one carpark lot per unit, but you have 4 cars! :scared-4:

When applying for HDB car park, you are ranked third priority, after 1st vehicle and 2nd vehicle of HDB occupiers. :scared-4:

Don't worry.. there is a lot of empty lots in Dakota area...
I will grab it before Waterbank residences start moving in ..
Then I am already a season parking holder and will renew it without worries :)

jitkiat
22-04-10, 09:31
We need more people like focus to buy the remaining large units in every project in Singapore rather than more war between D9 n D15 or prime n mass market etc
:cheers1:
Congrats !!!

shespawn
22-04-10, 09:41
congrats on your buy! as long it's a home that you can afford, it doesnt matter whether you are buying high or low. Dakota Residences should be TOP next year? was at Waterbank and saw that DR is almost done.

btw, an agent mentioned that there are no visitor lots at WB. Is it really true?

kEN9170
22-04-10, 10:03
For private resident, not sure whether you are allow to purchase a normal season parking ticket same as the HDB residents there. As the carpark is managed by HDB, i think you are only allowed to purchase non-resident season parking ticket. It has a restriction parking time between 7am to 11pm and only on a normal white lot only.

Reporter
22-04-10, 10:08
For private resident, not sure whether you are allow to purchase a normal season parking ticket same as the HDB residents there. As the carpark is managed by HDB, i think you are only allowed to purchase non-resident season parking ticket. It has a restriction parking time between 7am to 11pm and only on a normal white lot only.

How many drivers do you have in your household?
If you have 2, why not consolidate into 2 "better" cars?

Although lots=units in Dakota Residences, you might be able to get 2 lots if you are lucky enough.

focus
22-04-10, 10:56
congrats on your buy! as long it's a home that you can afford, it doesnt matter whether you are buying high or low. Dakota Residences should be TOP next year? was at Waterbank and saw that DR is almost done.

btw, an agent mentioned that there are no visitor lots at WB. Is it really true?

Uh, the agent and what everyone thinks is that the Top will be this June/July... but in the OTP , it is stated as June/July 2011. I asked abt it and they say it's this june , that 2011 is just to protect the developer backside. If really next year, then ...*sweat*.... dunno how my parents would react.

I've not visited WB, maybe some others can shed a light. Though I think the public carparks around the area is more than enough to meet the demand. Took me 2-3mins to walk to the public carpark.

fairlady04
22-04-10, 10:58
Focus, have you actually seen Dakota Resi? Been inside? it's almost ready! how could it be ready only in Jun 2011? It's amazing, you just bought w/o doing much research on it.

focus
22-04-10, 11:05
How many drivers do you have in your household?
If you have 2, why not consolidate into 2 "better" cars?

Although lots=units in Dakota Residences, you might be able to get 2 lots if you are lucky enough.

Or do what the Investment Banker at Meyer road did.. but I will keep quiet abt it..

Ya, will consider consolidating since the MRT is so freaking near and i go town, i can just use the mrt instead of car. Circle Line really quite convenient if you are a town person , from Dakota to Suntec is probably 10mins (since my parents tried dakota to dhoby took around 17mins). I think the problem will come (which might become every night) when stadium is rebuilt and events are held everynight with mass crowd thronging for MRT .. u will get delayed and packed like sardine.

Reporter
22-04-10, 11:21
Or do what the Investment Banker at Meyer road did.. but I will keep quiet abt it..

Ya, will consider consolidating since the MRT is so freaking near and i go town, i can just use the mrt instead of car. Circle Line really quite convenient if you are a town person , from Dakota to Suntec is probably 10mins (since my parents tried dakota to dhoby took around 17mins). I think the problem will come (which might become every night) when stadium is rebuilt and events are held everynight with mass crowd thronging for MRT .. u will get delayed and packed like sardine.
(I know you are just kidding. So I am also .....)

A lot of us have respect for you, so don't you dare follow that Meyer-Road banker!
Don't disgrace our school too!

(Seriously, .....)

I wish you can get 2 lots for your 2 "better" cars by then.

moonk123
22-04-10, 14:08
Project Name: WATERBANK AT DAKOTA
Developer: UOL Development (Dakota) Pte Ltd
Property Type: Condominium
Tenure: Leasehold (99 years)
Completion Date: 1 July 2014
Total Units: 616
District No: 14

http://www.virtualhomes.sg/FileUpload/Project/3098/Images/waterbank_001.jpg

http://www.virtualhomes.sg/FileUpload/Project/3098/Images/waterbank_site.jpg

http://www.virtualhomes.sg/FileUpload/Project/3098/Images/waterbank_elevation.jpg

http://www.virtualhomes.sg/FileUpload/Project/3098/Images/waterbank_typeA.jpg

>>> click here to download Waterbank e-brochure >>> (http://www.virtualhomes.sg/ProjectWebsites/Maroon/FloorPlans.aspx?id=3098)

greenhorn
22-04-10, 16:07
Did i see right? No tennis courts? No spa facilities? At such prices? :doh:

Douk
22-04-10, 16:11
Did i see right? No tennis courts? No spa facilities? At such prices? :doh:

Tennis and spa is within 15 min walk. :spliff:

teddybear
22-04-10, 16:23
Car park also within 15 mins walk (for those who own cars - watch out! This is good exercise for you man! Where got a condo need you to walk 15 mins after parking your car in order to make you do more exercise and keep healthy? :p)
Also, you can do more pampering of your car as you pay the same price as Balestier condo but you need to take probably about 20 mins to reach Orchard vs about 10 mins from Balestier. :banghead:

Tennis and spa is within 15 min walk. :spliff:

sebas3049
23-04-10, 01:39
I own a 1044sqft at Dakota Residences. I can confirmed that the TOP is in June this year latest Aug .

I am marketing my unit at 1.28m. Anybody interested, contact me.
Nice number xx-18. (high floor).

Focus, have you actually seen Dakota Resi? Been inside? it's almost ready! how could it be ready only in Jun 2011? It's amazing, you just bought w/o doing much research on it.

LongMan
23-04-10, 08:20

It is always good to be near MRT as you can take the train to work without driving (save parking fee at your office end). However, I still think that most people may not give up their cars....especially those who are so use to driving. They may just convert to off-peak cars for their week-end usage or family use. I definitely will not go for a condo with parking lots < number of units, and it is ridiculous to ask your visitors to park outside and then walk in.

shespawn
23-04-10, 11:39
It is always good to be near MRT as you can take the train to work without driving (save parking fee at your office end). However, I still think that most people may not give up their cars....especially those who are so use to driving. They may just convert to off-peak cars for their week-end usage or family use. I definitely will not go for a condo with parking lots < number of units, and it is ridiculous to ask your visitors to park outside and then walk in.

yes, having a car and no carpark space in your own condo, totally sucks. even hdb dwellers has their very own parking within 3 minutes. imagine raining days where you have to walk out all the way to get your car.
I foresee there will be alot of conflicts or fights over this when residents starts staying. small families with babies definitely need a car, it is so troublesome to lug all your stuff to take public transport.

fairlady04
23-04-10, 11:45
more than 20% of the units are small units, (1 and 1+1 BR)... how many families can fit into those i wonder. in my condo, which is 10-15 mins walk from MRT, the carpark is at most half filled at peak. much less this condo which is 2 mins walk away from MRT station, which is 8-10mins to town. it's so obvious pple buy this to rent out to expatriates.

smallant
23-04-10, 17:14
good point ! If I am expat... with limited budget.. I might consider buying a unit at waterbank.. Treat it like a bank. With the view that the place might appreciate over time.. After all, spore have limited land as compared to placed like UK, USA or even nearby China, Malaysia !
:)

kit
23-04-10, 19:21
Anyone knows WB left how many units now?

neptbay
24-04-10, 16:47
Anyone knows WB left how many units now?

I was down at the showroom at 12.30pm today, block 70 was released, consisting mainly of the one, two bedrooms and dual key units. I didn't count but I reckoned less than 20 units (low floors ) are left, excluding the newly released block. There were 4 cabana units still available.

Wild Falcon
24-04-10, 16:47
Mainly speculators/investors demand may not be a good thing. You would be surprised - most of the well-paid expats drive (and fancy cars too!). So only the middle-managers type do not drive and the middle manager type do not have a good budget. The carpark shortfall is a bummer. Sell so expensive - so stingy to provide carpark space or convenience of basement carpark - some developers are just blood suckers. Every inch of land also must convert to unit and squeeze to the max.

more than 20% of the units are small units, (1 and 1+1 BR)... how many families can fit into those i wonder. in my condo, which is 10-15 mins walk from MRT, the carpark is at most half filled at peak. much less this condo which is 2 mins walk away from MRT station, which is 8-10mins to town. it's so obvious pple buy this to rent out to expatriates.

kit
24-04-10, 17:17
I was down at the showroom at 12.30pm today, block 70 was released, consisting mainly of the one, two bedrooms and dual key units. I didn't count but I reckoned less than 20 units (low floors ) are left, excluding the newly released block. There were 4 cabana units still available.

Thanks neptbay for the info.

jasonyap
24-04-10, 18:01

you must be kiding... 1 room sold out long time ago...

Douk
24-04-10, 18:20

near to CBD and min walk to MRT, this is expected.

neptbay
24-04-10, 19:02

Why would I kid? Tell me, were you at the showroom?
Block 70 was released today. Don't believe me, so be it!!!!

Wild Falcon
24-04-10, 19:59
A lot of developers say this and that all "sold out" is bluff one lah. Grow up. Waterbank is advertising all over the papers and radio today - if sold out, spend money advertise like crazy for what? Sometimes its better to believe forummers than developers.

neptbay
24-04-10, 20:22
A lot of developers say this and that all "sold out" is bluff one lah. Grow up. Waterbank is advertising all over the papers and radio today - if sold out, spend money advertise like crazy for what? Sometimes its better to believe forummers than developers.

UOL is the developer for WaterBank, its a listed company on the Spore Stock Exchange, so don't think the company will mislead the public. There were red dot stickers on those stacks with units numbers, understandably are the units sold. I am not sure what's the pickup rate for Block 70 when I left at 1.15pm.

jhokc0007
24-04-10, 22:35
I went to the gallery and take a look at the cripsy blue geylang river. Look so good in the adv.
What I see is a muddy canal....
The agent told be Govt will clean this canal up soon.

:scared-2:

jlrx
25-04-10, 00:18
I went to the gallery and take a look at the cripsy blue geylang river. Look so good in the adv.

Don't worry. Once you move into your million $ apartment and look out, the river will become crsipy blue exactly like in the advertisement.

Don't you agree that the million £ river view in the photo above is much more crispy blue than the one below?

http://www.furtney.org/images_furtney/albums/existing/DCP_0029-thames-from-london-eye.jpg

http://img.thethaovanhoa.vn/Images/Uploaded/Share/2008/06/2008062012344575/yangtze2.jpg

neptbay
25-04-10, 10:39
[QUOTE=jlrx]Don't worry. Once you move into your million $ apartment and look out, the river will become crsipy blue exactly like in the advertisement.

Don't you agree that the million £ river view in the photo above is much more crispy blue than the one below?

Don't be absurd!!! How can you people be so ignorant. Tsk tsk tsk. The main reason the units are being bought is the location specifically the mrt station. If the canal does get spruce up, its a bonus. In all probability, it will be cleaned up, its called rejuvenation..

DC33_2008
25-04-10, 11:07
Kallang Basin near Southbank and Citylights. Water could be better here.

http://i332.photobucket.com/albums/m356/DC33_2008/SOUTHBANKBAY.jpg Photo taken by Ayanami.

jasonyap
25-04-10, 22:37

It just a part of the planning... hopefully they will carry it asap...

noblebaby
25-04-10, 22:47
wee's families bought more than 10 units of this project.

It just a part of the planning... hopefully they will carry it asap...

maisonjai
25-04-10, 23:12

wow, they know something that we don't? :scared-5:
i do find this place well connected.

jasonyap
26-04-10, 02:09

Good to hear this...

My banker also told me that its almost 90% sold...

neptbay
26-04-10, 09:21

Noblebaby, I am not doubting you. If what you say is indeed true, then it must be good news for those who have bought WB. Rarely do you see the Wee Family buy that many units in a single development. Surely they must have seen value before committing, even IF there is a slight discount in the prices for them.

noblebaby
26-04-10, 09:51
I can't remember where I read the transactions... but here is some of the transacted units from SGX:

http://info.sgx.com/webcoranncatth.nsf/VwAttachments/Att_AF0DD6B519649B5748257705002D41FA/$file/saleofproperty20Apr2010.pdf?openelement

Noblebaby, I am not doubting you. If what you say is indeed true, then it must be good news for those who have bought WB. Rarely do you see the Wee Family buy that many units in a single development. Surely they must have seen value before committing, even IF there is a slight discount in the prices for them.

neptbay
26-04-10, 10:14
Thanks noblebaby....you the man.....

noblebaby
26-04-10, 11:08
You have unit at WB?

Thanks noblebaby....you the man.....

neptbay
26-04-10, 11:51
You have unit at WB?

No. I am contemplating either DR or WB. I am more inclined towards WB cos I need not fork out the full sum so soon, whereas for DR I will need to pay up almost immediately. I know I am taking a risk in my decision to buy later.

smallant
26-04-10, 12:36
Hallo... I call up and ask leh... confirm the 1+1, 1 rm all gone leh... still got 1 rm meh ?? u selling ?? :)

azeoprop
26-04-10, 13:11
I can't remember where I read the transactions... but here is some of the transacted units from SGX:

http://info.sgx.com/webcoranncatth.nsf/VwAttachments/Att_AF0DD6B519649B5748257705002D41FA/$file/saleofproperty20Apr2010.pdf?openelement

#06-13 $750 000 624sqft = 1202psf
#09-13 $769 000 624sqft = 1232psf

Niece got no discounts. :D

maisonjai
26-04-10, 14:02
they whack so many stack 12 with East Coast & MBay view.

neptbay
27-04-10, 09:31
According to today's Business Times, 570 units out of 616 had been sold since it was launched, that's 93% sold.

jasonyap
29-04-10, 16:30
According to today's Business Times, 570 units out of 616 had been sold since it was launched, that's 93% sold.

I know you are not kidding this time !!!!

neptbay
30-04-10, 09:26
I know you are not kidding this time !!!!

I speak based on facts and dont speculate...

Anyway, I chanced upon this url.

There are some lower floor, dual key and cabana units still available as can be seen in this url...

I have no clue how recent was the update...

http://www.dakotacrescent.com/floorplan.html

:cool: :cheers6: :) :rolleyes: :D ;) :spliff: :cheers1: :cheers5: :cheers3: :47: :santana: :rocking-the-decks:

maisonjai
30-04-10, 14:32
I have no clue how recent was the update...

http://www.dakotacrescent.com/floorplan.html

:cool: :cheers6: :) :rolleyes: :D ;) :spliff: :cheers1: :cheers5: :cheers3: :47: :santana: :rocking-the-decks:

have u decided which one u be buying DR or WB?

jasonyap
01-05-10, 09:41
have u decided which one u be buying DR or WB?

Make it fast or I am sure you will regret... small units are already sub sales at 1400++....

devilplate
01-05-10, 18:09
I browse thru this waterbank thread and tats my personal opinion...Just remember that my likes and dislikes r purely personal and everyone is born differently and thus, one man's meat is another man's poison.

There r some wrong factual figures quoted. The land size of Dakota residences is approximately around 125000sqft whereas Waterbank is 180000sqft so hence, WB is about 40% larger den DK in terms of landsize.

For genuine home buyers looking for 2 or 3bedder, WB is a better buy in my opinion if they can wait for 3-4yrs to receive their keys.

Why i say so, for 3bedder, there r only limited units in DK tat offer the unblocked river facing view whereas for WB, there r plenty of choice units tat faces the river(its geylang river and not a canal, for those who deem it as a longkang/canal...so be it...we dun hf to argue on this)

Furthermore, when WB is launched...DK only left with 4bedders and developer had adjusted their prices b4 WB preview to 1050psf on average for the remaining 4bedders. So, if u want to get 2/3bedders u can only get from subsale which i seriously doubt u can get anything below 1100psf and based on tat a 3bedder in DK can cost u about 100k in total quantum as compared to WB(mind u, actual livable space is almost the same)

Lets tok about 2bedders now, personally anything above 6th flr for the 2bedder at WB has a better 50m full length poolview as compared to DK. If u were to scrutinise both 2bedder flrplans, u will realise that both usuable livable space r again almost similar and in fact, u can fit a queen size bed in the 2nd bedroom at WB whereas in DK u cannot. In price quantum in the resale market, u goto pay about 100k more again in DK based on a realistic and reasonable pricing of 1100psf.

I noe soem of the guys here will say tat the average transacted prices just before WB preview is around 950psf...but do not forget that there is a 3bedder subsale unit caveated at around 1100psf...and if u do a search on classifieds...u cannot get anything less den 1100psf for 2/3bedders at tat point of time. Hence, I think its faily reasonable to use 1.1kpsf as a price comparison with WB pricing.

I shall not touch on the pricing as it is neverending if u were to compare the prices with other projects(be it new launch/resale) in the whole SG. To me, Dakota Residences is the only competitor as of today.

Toking about HDB rental flats, it is located right beside DK...and the blk 58 & 60 behind WB is EM HDB. Yes, located near rental flats do not sound good at all but does it really a barrier to future price appreciation...Lets take Southbank for eg since SB is another product of UOL and it has similar attributes as compared to WB...SB is also next to MRT, do not have a Mall, does have some amenities located at nearby HDB and it have HDB rental flats behind them. Prices plunged to around 900psf in SB during the lows of 2009 and had since rebounded very strongly to 1300-1500psf now. Its a amazing 50% increase from the trough. So, HDB rental flats do not create a price barrier.

I personally like dakota area as it is easy to drive around(not much traffic jam during peak hours) and well connected to KPE, ECP, Nicoll and future MCE. Its nice to have a MRT at doorstep even if u own a car...There is an increasing trend whrby ppl r taking MRT to work in CBD and ur kids can commute easily by MRT. Although some say there r more and more MRT stations in SG and thus, more ppty located within 5mins walk to a MRT...however, if there r more ppty near to MRT...den can u imagine those ppty located not near to any of them... Another plus point, it is a very quiet and serene location...away from busy roads...Its very rare to find any condo that is so close to a MRT and yet quiet and away from busy roads.

So much so for thr PROs...lets tok about the CONs.

Yes i agreed the shortage of parking lots is horrendous. It will be alot better for them to build basement parking to cater for at least 1to1 car lot.

Lack of tennis court...luckily it make up for it with 2 pools(50m lap pool and 25m leisure pool)

D14 labelling...I cannot comment much on this...it is up to individual and preferences..Some only prefer 9,10,11 and others do not even know what is D14 when buying a condo. Nowadays, ppty experts analyse based on Downtown core, CCR, RCR and OCR. So, if u were to base on tat: CCR(prime), RCR(mid-tier), OCR(mass market)

Any constructive comments and personal views r welcome...But again, I am not here to debate and argue. :)

jasonyap
01-05-10, 18:59
I browse thru this waterbank thread and tats my personal opinion...Just remember that my likes and dislikes r purely personal and everyone is born differently and thus, one man's meat is another man's poison.

There r some wrong factual figures quoted. The land size of Dakota residences is approximately around 125000sqft whereas Waterbank is 180000sqft so hence, WB is about 40% larger den DK in terms of landsize.

For genuine home buyers looking for 2 or 3bedder, WB is a better buy in my opinion if they can wait for 3-4yrs to receive their keys.

Why i say so, for 3bedder, there r only limited units in DK tat offer the unblocked river facing view whereas for WB, there r plenty of choice units tat faces the river(its geylang river and not a canal, for those who deem it as a longkang/canal...so be it...we dun hf to argue on this)

Furthermore, when WB is launched...DK only left with 4bedders and developer had adjusted their prices b4 WB preview to 1050psf on average for the remaining 4bedders. So, if u want to get 2/3bedders u can only get from subsale which i seriously doubt u can get anything below 1100psf and based on tat a 3bedder in DK can cost u about 100k in total quantum as compared to WB(mind u, actual livable space is almost the same)

Lets tok about 2bedders now, personally anything above 6th flr for the 2bedder at WB has a better 50m full length poolview as compared to DK. If u were to scrutinise both 2bedder flrplans, u will realise that both usuable livable space r again almost similar and in fact, u can fit a queen size bed in the 2nd bedroom at WB whereas in DK u cannot. In price quantum in the resale market, u goto pay about 100k more again in DK based on a realistic and reasonable pricing of 1100psf.

I noe soem of the guys here will say tat the average transacted prices just before WB preview is around 950psf...but do not forget that there is a 3bedder subsale unit caveated at around 1100psf...and if u do a search on classifieds...u cannot get anything less den 1100psf for 2/3bedders at tat point of time. Hence, I think its faily reasonable to use 1.1kpsf as a price comparison with WB pricing.

I shall not touch on the pricing as it is neverending if u were to compare the prices with other projects(be it new launch/resale) in the whole SG. To me, Dakota Residences is the only competitor as of today.

Toking about HDB rental flats, it is located right beside DK...and the blk 58 & 60 behind WB is EM HDB. Yes, located near rental flats do not sound good at all but does it really a barrier to future price appreciation...Lets take Southbank for eg since SB is another product of UOL and it has similar attributes as compared to WB...SB is also next to MRT, do not have a Mall, does have some amenities located at nearby HDB and it have HDB rental flats behind them. Prices plunged to around 900psf in SB during the lows of 2009 and had since rebounded very strongly to 1300-1500psf now. Its a amazing 50% increase from the trough. So, HDB rental flats do not create a price barrier.

I personally like dakota area as it is easy to drive around(not much traffic jam during peak hours) and well connected to KPE, ECP, Nicoll and future MCE. Its nice to have a MRT at doorstep even if u own a car...There is an increasing trend whrby ppl r taking MRT to work in CBD and ur kids can commute easily by MRT. Although some say there r more and more MRT stations in SG and thus, more ppty located within 5mins walk to a MRT...however, if there r more ppty near to MRT...den can u imagine those ppty located not near to any of them... Another plus point, it is a very quiet and serene location...away from busy roads...Its very rare to find any condo that is so close to a MRT and yet quiet and away from busy roads.

So much so for thr PROs...lets tok about the CONs.

Yes i agreed the shortage of parking lots is horrendous. It will be alot better for them to build basement parking to cater for at least 1to1 car lot.

Lack of tennis court...luckily it make up for it with 2 pools(50m lap pool and 25m leisure pool)

D14 labelling...I cannot comment much on this...it is up to individual and preferences..Some only prefer 9,10,11 and others do not even know what is D14 when buying a condo. Nowadays, ppty experts analyse based on Downtown core, CCR, RCR and OCR. So, if u were to base on tat: CCR(prime), RCR(mid-tier), OCR(mass market)

Any constructive comments and personal views r welcome...But again, I am not here to debate and argue. :)

There are many small units and potentially for rental to FT... so carpark not really an issue.

Without tennis court is a good thing... less noisy...

devilplate
01-05-10, 19:43
There are many small units and potentially for rental to FT... so carpark not really an issue.

Without tennis court is a good thing... less noisy...

Yes, i agree on the carpark thingy up to a certain extent. Around 150units of 1/1+study and I can say only 20-30% will be owner-ocuppied? Those expats who rent 1/1+study most likely do not own a car...If they does, y choose a condo so near to MRT?? They can rent a cheaper condo at suburbs or even a 2bedder for the same rental.

However, do u noe whether is it a common practice to reserve some car lots as visitor lots??? I noticed that almost all the new condo nowadays only cater 1to1 car lot. Then wat happens to visitors?

As for tennis court, for those who loved this sport..it will be a letdown for them...For me, I emphasize alot on the size of the swimming pool and sun deck area. Expats especially the ang mor loves to sun tan!

To add on the site plan layout, UOL is quite clever this time and they can rightfully claim 'Everyone has a view' (although about 10-15% of the units r facing carpark or blocked by buildings)

jasonyap
02-05-10, 00:07
Yes, i agree on the carpark thingy up to a certain extent. Around 150units of 1/1+study and I can say only 20-30% will be owner-ocuppied? Those expats who rent 1/1+study most likely do not own a car...If they does, y choose a condo so near to MRT?? They can rent a cheaper condo at suburbs or even a 2bedder for the same rental.

However, do u noe whether is it a common practice to reserve some car lots as visitor lots??? I noticed that almost all the new condo nowadays only cater 1to1 car lot. Then wat happens to visitors?

As for tennis court, for those who loved this sport..it will be a letdown for them...For me, I emphasize alot on the size of the swimming pool and sun deck area. Expats especially the ang mor loves to sun tan!

To add on the site plan layout, UOL is quite clever this time and they can rightfully claim 'Everyone has a view' (although about 10-15% of the units r facing carpark or blocked by buildings)

It is such a wonderful planning that it comes without tennis court. I had enough of the pong pong pong sound...

I doubt the blocked units could reach up to 10%, max to be 5%... only those front facing(1 bed) and low units are without view...

Rysk
02-05-10, 00:34
Tennis court already old fashion lor..
Nowadays, developers are giving pte pool, pte spa tab, pte jacuzzi & even sky garages

teddybear
02-05-10, 01:37
Just like balcony also old fashion lor, so developers give you big big planter areas (can even be found behind toilets, bedrooms & kitchen areas that occupants cannot even access!) and also big big bay windows both of which are counted in the SQFT size you pay for! For this, I rather choose the old fashion design with tennis court! :p

Tennis court already old fashion lor..
Nowadays, developers are giving pte pool, pte spa tab, pte jacuzzi & even sky garages

teddybear
02-05-10, 01:39
When did lack of something become an advantage? Going forward, property buyers will really be very sad to see that they don't get the big big planter areas in unaccessible areas any more? :banghead:

It is such a wonderful planning that it comes without tennis court. I had enough of the pong pong pong sound...

I doubt the blocked units could reach up to 10%, max to be 5%... only those front facing(1 bed) and low units are without view...

devilplate
02-05-10, 11:14
For investment purposes, it is good to have big pool, gym and tennis courts. However, i will rank the tennis court as the least priority among the 3 becoz u nid more den 1 player to play tennis. Big pool is very impt...u can see many salted fishes drying at the poolside during the wkends at some popular expats condo like Icon, Sail.

:2cents:

devilplate
02-05-10, 11:31
Condos in CBD/Marina Bay area do not provide car lots and yet prices shoot up like nobody biz.

As for WB, I wud say 60-70% will be owner-occupied and the rest for rental. It has a shortage of 8-10% of the available car lot. When buying a ppty for investment/own stay, location/pricing/affordibilty r the main considerations/priorities. Weigh the Pros and Cons.

amk
02-05-10, 12:15
I need to apologize again as I was the one posted the wrong site size of NTUC's DR. I got it from a website and that was wrong. WB is bigger, and both have the same "resident density" so to speak.

My take of this proj:
1) UOL has a better architect than NTUC. There is no doubt. I'm not referring to the removable of wastespace etc. The design/layout/facing is just generally better in WB.

2) I do think both have good rental potential. lack of car park lots regrettable, but for investment purpose it's mitigated.

3) but NTUC's pricing was better. But that's no longer relevant, as it now matches the price of WB now.

So for now, if I'm looking at a pty ard this area, this is a fair buy. The convenience of market/food center/MRT plus a nice view is something that can command a gd rent. But for me, I will not buy for own stay.

maisonjai
02-05-10, 13:21
dont play tennis then aim for cyclists:rolleyes:. Those who love to cycle are able to access to East Coast or Gdns at Marina via park connector slightly over 3km. Those with stronger legs can run there & take mrt home. haha

layout is pretty good considering bedrm & living are quite decent size. At the same psf with The Vision, personally i pick WB. Sibor+0%, does this qualify for Pros?

august
02-05-10, 14:41
When did lack of something become an advantage?

ya i LOL :D

FULL facilities do matter when it comes to rental prospects, all things being equal..

teddybear
02-05-10, 15:18
FULL facilities also do matter for OWNERS' occupied because no reason to pay so much for a private property and end up with close to zero facilities for private properties? A decent size swimming pool (measured with respect to number of units in the estate), gym, tennis court, some greenery all around the estate for my kids to cycle around, a decent playground etc is a MUST for me to consider any private condo. Ops, forget to add that number of car park lots must be >= 110% of number of units (inclusive of visitors' car park spaces which must be clearly designated in a separate area from owners' car park spaces.

ya i LOL :D

FULL facilities do matter when it comes to rental prospects, all things being equal..

august
02-05-10, 15:25
FULL facilities also do matter for OWNERS' occupied because no reason to pay so much for a private property and end up with close to zero facilities for private properties? A decent size swimming pool (measured with respect to number of units in the estate), gym, tennis court, some greenery all around the estate for my kids to cycle around, a decent playground etc is a MUST for me to consider any private condo. Ops, forget to add that number of car park lots must be >= 110% of number of units (inclusive of visitors' car park spaces which must be clearly designated in a separate area from owners' car park spaces.

of cos own stay no need to say... will want the bestest of the best :o

devilplate
02-05-10, 16:35

U may want to look into cluster housing :)

If u got the budget...Meier Suites is a gd buy...I been to the showflat...4bedders is huge, nice layout, facing unblocked landed housing, quiet, less den 100units with big pool, tennis court + 2car lot to 1 unit!!!

I love tat project...but the total price quantum is ard 3mil (if i remember correctly) BUT PSF only 1250-1300psf...not sure they up the prices oredi anot...got $ GO FOR IT!

Jus sharing this lovely project: http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/project-listings/meier-suites-1527/sale/1

urban
02-05-10, 17:10

If u got the budget...Meier Suites is a gd buy...I been to the showflat...4bedders is huge, nice layout, facing unblocked landed housing, quiet, less den 100units with big pool, tennis court + 2car lot to 1 unit!!!

I love tat project...but the total price quantum is ard 3mil (if i remember correctly) BUT PSF only 1250-1300psf...not sure they up the prices oredi anot...got $ GO FOR IT!

Jus sharing this lovely project: http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/project-listings/meier-suites-1527/sale/1

Agree with you. The quality is superb but a lot of space wasted in the gigantic bathroom. I think can put books inside to read or even do turkish bath inside.

It is very good for own stay if you have moolah.

Sea
03-05-10, 13:01
Latest updates on

Waterbank!!

Left 6 units of 2 bedroom and

one unit of 3 bedroom!!!

Sms at 90686016 for bookings!!

devilplate
03-05-10, 13:11
Latest updates on

Waterbank!!

Left 6 units of 2 bedroom and

one unit of 3 bedroom!!!

Sms at 90686016 for bookings!!

U mean all other units are taken? Including the dual-key and cabana units?

maisonjai
03-05-10, 17:11
U mean all other units are taken? Including the dual-key and cabana units?

usually most projs sell out studios & 2bedders early, this proj 2bed last to go. :rolleyes:

devilplate
03-05-10, 19:42
usually most projs sell out studios & 2bedders early, this proj 2bed last to go. :rolleyes:

Based on the brochure, the 2bedders below 6th flr will have all their windows and living rm facing MSCP...I am very surprised left 6 only as there are about 20 such units of 2bedder!

Facing MSCP, ppl also dun mind...:doh:

I have cfm with other agt...really last 7 units.
Cheers to all WB buyers :cheers1:

jasonyap
04-05-10, 00:28
Based on the brochure, the 2bedders below 6th flr will have all their windows and living rm facing MSCP...I am very surprised left 6 only as there are about 20 such units of 2bedder!

Facing MSCP, ppl also dun mind...:doh:

I have cfm with other agt...really last 7 units.
Cheers to all WB buyers :cheers1:

Was informed by agent this noon...

cheers..!

neptbay
04-05-10, 10:12
According to this as of this morning, http://www.dakotacrescent.com/floorplan.html

In spite of all these; no tennis courts, insufficient car park lots, in district 14 (near Geylang, mind you), in the vicinity of rental and old generation HDB flats, in front of big long kau (canal), at least $1200 psf on the average,

YET

only 7 units out of 616 units left unsold as of latest update...this is almost 99% sold.

So I guess, all those who have been spewing all the negativities of WB, eat your hearts out...:banghead:

Wild Falcon
04-05-10, 13:23
No need to eat your hearts out lah. There are opportunities everywhere. There are also not many cases of successful flipping in this project with obscene profits yet. I mean if people don't mind facing a car park 1 meter away or worst still living on top of multi storey car park, its their own preference - happy can already. I still think its quite risky entering the market NOW (esp new launch where developers have priced in all future gains) but I guess many people are still buying like crazy, but no one is eating their hearts out about missed opportunity lah.

jasonyap
04-05-10, 13:32
No need to eat your hearts out lah. There are opportunities everywhere. There are also not many cases of successful flipping in this project with obscene profits yet. I mean if people don't mind facing a car park 1 meter away or worst still living on top of multi storey car park, its their own preference - happy can already. I still think its quite risky entering the market NOW (esp new launch where developers have priced in all future gains) but I guess many people are still buying like crazy, but no one is eating their hearts out about missed opportunity lah.

Property is always buy and wait... you will never know when is the highest and lowest...

neptbay
04-05-10, 16:22

My reference to eating their hearts out is not about missed opportunities, but rather to those who pointed out all the negatives and claiming that it wont be a sell out project, must now be "regretting" what they have said.

Wild Falcon, nobody expects to reap obscence profits from just after a month's launch. If that is possible, it means the project must have been really underpriced or buyers been given very very steep discounts. The newly introduced anti speculative measure of having to pay stamp duties by the seller within a year's purchase of a property has been a dampener as well.

Of course you pointed out correctly, WB has already priced in the future gains. Its a bet that the buyers have taken and will have to live with it.

I agree with jasonyap that buying of properties is for long term and not to reap profits immediately.

Just my :2cents: 's worth...

devilplate
04-05-10, 16:34

U think the current market price is too high, den u can wait till it crash and enter. There r others buying now but u cannot simply say they r crazy.

Nobody can predict the future. If u r so good at predicting the market...stocks/forex is a better tool for u to earn much more fast $. Forex u can leverage up to 20X or more and CFD u can leverage up to X10.

lancelot
04-05-10, 17:12
The cabana concept is interesting. You sorta get a ground floor unit next to a pool without the added complication of worrying if your neighbours upstairs will throw things down onto your compound. But the drawback is that unless the roofing is well insulated, a cabana unit may warm up very quickly like most penthouse units do. Overall, a clever way by UOL to maximise space that is usually given over to half hearted garden.

devilplate
04-05-10, 17:22
The cabana concept is interesting. You sorta get a ground floor unit next to a pool without the added complication of worrying if your neighbours upstairs will throw things down onto your compound. But the drawback is that unless the roofing is well insulated, a cabana unit may warm up very quickly like most penthouse units do. Overall, a clever way by UOL to maximise space that is usually given over to half hearted garden.

Similar thoughts...Toking about the heat, usually top flrs and penthouse or even landed will have heat problem no matter how u insulate. Even when i do not stay at top flr and my plc do not have noon sun...still freaking hot these few days...:simmering:

jasonyap
04-05-10, 18:12
Similar thoughts...Toking about the heat, usually top flrs and penthouse or even landed will have heat problem no matter how u insulate. Even when i do not stay at top flr and my plc do not have noon sun...still freaking hot these few days...:simmering:

Personally feel it when my HDB unit is on the top floor and the evening time is HOT...!!!

maisonjai
05-05-10, 14:14

yup very smart of them to make use of that area, it has a small 'Open to Sky shower'. The only drawback for me is circling 5decks to reach the ur unit. If not driving then no concern, take a lift up.:spliff:

Komo
05-05-10, 21:07
Waterbank almost sold out as of yesterday. Only a few 2 bedders and one 2nd floor 3 bedder with PES left.

teddybear
05-05-10, 22:47
Meyer Road area not my cup of tea (in fact, all D15 not my cup of tea). I only like D9-11. :cheers1:

Wild Falcon
06-05-10, 13:56
When one say "buying like crazy" it doesn't mean that person is crazy. It merely means buying like it is a darn good deal, figuratively speaking lah.

And no one is losing sleep over this "missed" opportunity - after all, it is not proven YET (albeit short time). What is there to regret right? TOP is a long time away when other MRT lines are up and running. The biggest plus point of this project is obviously the MRT station which also explains why buyers do not care about the significant shortfall in parking. I alos note the other "upside" is that D14 is extremely popular with PRC tenants. But I think when someone say negative things about a project about not enough parking, it is a valid point to consider, it doesn't mean this person's comment about "not enough parking" is wrong merely because the project sells many units. It just attracts a different crowd, that's all.

U think the current market price is too high, den u can wait till it crash and enter. There r others buying now but u cannot simply say they r crazy.

Nobody can predict the future. If u r so good at predicting the market...stocks/forex is a better tool for u to earn much more fast $. Forex u can leverage up to 20X or more and CFD u can leverage up to X10.

Wild Falcon
06-05-10, 13:58
This is worst - below is multi storey car park. Can u imagine the heat?

devilplate
06-05-10, 16:22
When one say "buying like crazy" it doesn't mean that person is crazy. It merely means buying like it is a darn good deal, figuratively speaking lah.

Relax..jus feel tat u shdnt waste ur talent...there r much better monies den ppty...ppty now only can take 80% loan...meaning 5X leverage max...

devilplate
06-05-10, 16:24
This is worst - below is multi storey car park. Can u imagine the heat?

den all ground flr units will also be terrible?? :beats-me-man:

Komo
06-05-10, 21:09
I don't find Waterbank a good choice for owner occupied. My feeling is developer is targetting mainly investors/rental market.

devilplate
06-05-10, 21:55
I don't find Waterbank a good choice for owner occupied. My feeling is developer is targetting mainly investors/rental market.

Usually the case for RCR...sort of hybrid....nowadays almost all new projects intro studio units...high psf...cut smaller...more units...results in insufficient car lots...can i say CCR 90% investors?

smallant
07-05-10, 00:23
hey.. But close to 98% sold... Those people or investors must see something in waterbank they want ?? Or they know something we don't ?
Can paddle all the way to Marina Bay ? haha
Sports Hub ? or any other xxx Hub ?
Hmmmm.... :scared-5:

devilplate
07-05-10, 00:32
hey.. But close to 98% sold... Those people or investors must see something in waterbank they want ?? Or they know something we don't ?

mabe they haf crystal balled keppel to pay 499psf at Lakeside?

keppel goto launch from 9xxpsf...so WB from 1100psf looks ok? hehe

UOL paid 50Xpsf for WB...almost the same wor...keppel goto launch from 1100psf to enjoy same profit margin...:scared-3:

Douk
07-05-10, 11:15

they know something that you dont.:D

jitkiat
07-05-10, 15:13
they know something that you dont.:D

I thought they announced it a few days ago. Car parks in central area will be cut to force people to take MRT? This sounds good for Waterbank which is close to central and 200m to MRT right?

maisonjai
07-05-10, 16:41
I thought they announced it a few days ago. Car parks in central area will be cut to force people to take MRT? This sounds good for Waterbank which is close to central and 200m to MRT right?

with psf shooting up the sky in CBD area, carparks will make way. Get ready for carpark rates to skyrocket in the future. haha

devilplate
07-05-10, 16:48
with psf shooting up the sky in CBD area, carparks will make way. Get ready for carpark rates to skyrocket in the future. haha

$20/hr will be the way to go...:scared-1:

Wild Falcon
07-05-10, 17:01
Ground floor units are different. We're talking about building on sold ground with thick soil/granite as natural insulation, assuming there is basement carpark. Usually basement carpark vents are strategically located away from the gound floor units.

But living on top of a MCSP is different. We're talking of 5 layers of concrete below with cars moving in and out worst still all the fumes floating up to your unit. If you're the single floor unit, we're talking about heat coming from both above (from the sun) and below (carpark carbon monoxide and fumes floating up). Of course u can turn on aircon everyday but that is not environmentally friendly. Ground floor unit has both insulation from "natural" ground below and the unit on top.

Just sharing views on living on top of a multi storey car park. I don't like the idea but obviously you can have your views as well.

den all ground flr units will also be terrible?? :beats-me-man:

Douk
07-05-10, 17:05

Right. And with all the development plan surrounding this area at Kallang and Paya Lebar. I think dakota area has good potential.

maisonjai
07-05-10, 17:36
Right. And with all the development plan surrounding this area at Kallang and Paya Lebar. I think dakota area has good potential.

you bought 1? which stack?

devilplate
07-05-10, 17:41
Ground floor units are different. We're talking about building on sold ground with thick soil/granite as natural insulation, assuming there is basement carpark. Usually basement carpark vents are strategically located away from the gound floor units.

But living on top of a MCSP is different. We're talking of 5 layers of concrete below with cars moving in and out worst still all the fumes floating up to your unit. If you're the single floor unit, we're talking about heat coming from both above (from the sun) and below (carpark carbon monoxide and fumes floating up). Of course u can turn on aircon everyday but that is not environmentally friendly. Ground floor unit has both insulation from "natural" ground below and the unit on top.

Just sharing views on living on top of a multi storey car park. I don't like the idea but obviously you can have your views as well.

heat absorbed on the ground...no?

Douk
07-05-10, 18:44
you bought 1? which stack?
No, not vested here.

Komo
07-05-10, 21:14
Let's face it, living on top of a multi-storey carpark is really a very bad idea. Only good thing is can roost chicken "hot stone" style. No need to buy oven or microwave. :doh:

devilplate
07-05-10, 22:05
Let's face it, living on top of a multi-storey carpark is really a very bad idea. Only good thing is can roost chicken "hot stone" style. No need to buy oven or microwave. :doh:

den how abt those units facing it..:D

Komo
07-05-10, 23:16

There is another option: travel by bicycle.
Is Waterbank installing bicycle racks to compensate for the carpark shortage?

devilplate
07-05-10, 23:22
There is another option: travel by bicycle.
Is Waterbank installing bicycle racks to compensate for the carpark shortage?

some say roller blade:tongue3:

smallant
08-05-10, 00:19
Bicycle ?? I gonna get a inflatable canoe if I got a unit there !
Roll Roll Roll yr boat,,, gently all the way..
Marina Marina Marina Bay.. Here I came today ! :)

jasonyap
08-05-10, 00:24

Actually you are thinking too much unless you own a unit... lol...

Wild Falcon
08-05-10, 16:45
Still advertising today. Those who scared miss the boat can still buy! Can take MRT to the MBS IR. Now that the most important part of the 2 IRs, i.e. the casinos are opened (to much disappointment), I wonder what's next buzzword for Singapore?

DC33_2008
08-05-10, 17:39
Sportshub with sports facilities and more shopping, and the kallang riverside development.

maisonjai
09-05-10, 00:13
Still advertising today. Those who scared miss the boat can still buy! Can take MRT to the MBS IR. Now that the most important part of the 2 IRs, i.e. the casinos are opened (to much disappointment), I wonder what's next buzzword for Singapore?

i find the 2 IRs overhype by agents & development brochures, every project 'mins to IR'. (exception of those @ Sentosa & Marina developements)

devilplate
09-05-10, 23:24
i find the 2 IRs overhype by agents & development brochures, every project 'mins to IR'. (exception of those @ Sentosa & Marina developements)

every project also 'near' to MRT:D :D :D

devilplate
10-05-10, 00:37

wonder r u a foreigner?:beats-me-man:

jasonyap
10-05-10, 03:23
wonder r u a foreigner?:beats-me-man:

LOL.......

maisonjai
10-05-10, 13:29
amazing those flippers/subsale asking price for studio & 2bedders.

tkc2263
10-05-10, 15:58

So fast....

What are the flippers asking for???

Dont forget the resellers need to pay stamp duties on the sell part as well..

I think at least 80k above the purchase price..

maisonjai
10-05-10, 17:08
So fast....

What are the flippers asking for???

Dont forget the resellers need to pay stamp duties on the sell part as well..

I think at least 80k above the purchase price..

flippers very efficient, most likely they have not even sign the S&P. Even 80k for 1 month duration is still considered good isn't it?

devilplate
10-05-10, 18:57
flippers very efficient, most likely they have not even sign the S&P. Even 80k for 1 month duration is still considered good isn't it?

i wud say agts r more efficient. >30k nett profit sellers will flip oredi

smallant
10-05-10, 22:29
:scared-1: Flipper for Waterbank ?? So fast ??
With Sales stamp duties and possibly IRAS zooming down on you.. is it worth it ??
Hmmm.... Signs of ???

tkc2263
11-05-10, 11:14

Can you provide details on what their asking prices are???

No meat left after paying agent's commission, newly introduced stamp duties and legal fees....

I dont think its worth the while after netting off these expenses...

devilplate
11-05-10, 11:15

No meat left after paying agent's commission, newly introduced stamp duties and legal fees....

just add another 15% into their purchase price...tat will be their asking price.

Wild Falcon
11-05-10, 11:43
Nowadays flipper $10-$20k net profit also happy liao. After all, $10-20k within a few weeks is also a good deal. But IMHO not worth the effort and risk lah. Some of these flippers if cannot flip then become "long term investor" lor. :)

devilplate
11-05-10, 11:47
Nowadays flipper $10-$20k net profit also happy liao. After all, $10-20k within a few weeks is also a good deal. But IMHO not worth the effort and risk lah. Some of these flippers if cannot flip then become "long term investor" lor. :)

can use CPF monies to down mah....can see no touch...jus hoot...:D :D :D

maisonjai
11-05-10, 11:53

depends on how big is their appetite, 'meat' - some are happy with single patty instead of quarter pounder.haha.
www.propertyguru.com.sg (http://www.propertyguru.com.sg) look that those 1, 1+1. Especially 1+1 which comes with better view than 1bed.

devilplate
11-05-10, 11:56
i dun think can flip now...nid CL/SB to hit 1.8kpsf first b4 waterbank can flip at 1.5kpsf for small units.

Wild Falcon
11-05-10, 12:03
So many units flipping within such a short time! I am shocked :scared-1:

depends on how big is their appetite, 'meat' - some are happy with single patty instead of quarter pounder.haha.
www.propertyguru.com.sg (http://www.propertyguru.com.sg) look that those 1, 1+1. Especially 1+1 which comes with better view than 1bed.

valkri
11-05-10, 14:03
Not pitching for any development, but curious why Waterbank sells so much better than its neighbor Dakota Residence? Is it because DR is nearing TOP thus narrow window for flipping? Or Waterbank is really a much better buy?

jasonyap
11-05-10, 21:05
Now isn't the best time to flip... hold a little longer to see higher profit... :cheers6::cheers6:

jasonyap
15-05-10, 19:22
transactions begin..

1+1 PES transacted at $1150... too low to believed... LOL...

devilplate
15-05-10, 19:36
transactions begin..

1+1 PES transacted at $1150... too low to believed... LOL...

subsale? cannot be...i tink cant even breakeven..

it was originally 1100psf leh

kit
15-05-10, 20:19
I think is the preview developer sales tranaction, cannot be subsale.

Wild Falcon
16-05-10, 19:27
At today's price, not easy to buy and flip. For every Waterbank and Treehouse that sells very well, there is a Flamingo Valley or The Sound which have trepid sales. So in short, the market might be getting saturated in certain areas. Need to be careful with buying to flip.
Now isn't the best time to flip... hold a little longer to see higher profit... :cheers6::cheers6:

jasonyap
16-05-10, 21:52
At today's price, not easy to buy and flip. For every Waterbank and Treehouse that sells very well, there is a Flamingo Valley or The Sound which have trepid sales. So in short, the market might be getting saturated in certain areas. Need to be careful with buying to flip.

Actually was approached by few agents offering 1.4K+ pfs.. but that does not bring any handsome profit.... prefer to wait for 1 year or so....

best to flip or to rent or for own stay... :cheers6:

maisonjai
16-05-10, 22:16
Actually was approached by few agents offering 1.4K+ pfs.. but that does not bring any handsome profit.... prefer to wait for 1 year or so....

best to flip or to rent or for own stay... :cheers6:

care to share which stack u bought?

smallant
17-05-10, 11:10
1+1 at 1100 psf ???? Thought earlier SGX filing, UOL relatives bt at 1200 psf ! Saw on some websites asking for 1500 psf ! wOW.. LIKE TAT 300 TO 400 PSF profit ! huat ! :)

Wild Falcon
17-05-10, 12:11
Hmm.... asking price is one thing - more importantly is to look at transacted price. 1500psf is really very high at this district and 99LH.

1+1 at 1100 psf ???? Thought earlier SGX filing, UOL relatives bt at 1200 psf ! Saw on some websites asking for 1500 psf ! wOW.. LIKE TAT 300 TO 400 PSF profit ! huat ! :)

devilplate
17-05-10, 13:57

1100psf is the ground flr studio unit with PES. my fren bot it...tats y i noe.

yes, i heard some 1+study sold at 1.4kpsf+...duno how true. but 1+study originally 1200-1300psf ...not much meat to flip...20-40k at most. partly due to studio in CL and SB selling at very high PSF...heard ard 1.5-1.6kpsf now.