PDA

View Full Version : MRT in D16 *Eastern Region Line (ERL)

Pages : [1] 2

latour
14-05-10, 10:49
Anybody know of any insight into the ERL running from city to Changi?

Somekind of an extended thread from the "MRT in D15 *eastern region line" thread http://forums.condosingapore.com/showthread.php?t=9306&page=5

noblebaby
22-05-10, 23:41
at the moment we are more interested on developments along DTL3 particularly near Bedok Reservoir. The announcement of the DTL3 station will be out soon...

As for ERL, think the earliest announcement will be some time in 2012.

Why? Soil testings for DTL3 were completed some time early 2009.

Anybody know of any insight into the ERL running from city to Changi?

Somekind of an extended thread from the "MRT in D15 *eastern region line" thread http://forums.condosingapore.com/showthread.php?t=9306&page=5

latour
27-05-10, 09:27
Nice post from D15 thread.

http://i630.photobucket.com/albums/uu22/don_diego_2000/240410Marina_Lines.png

latour
27-05-10, 09:31
Nice work from forummers, guesstimate of stations along ERL.
http://www.myalbum.com/GroteFoto-3H6N6TYC.jpg

latour
27-05-10, 09:35
wow...(found this from another forum, ack'ed)

"From White Paper on World Class Land Transport System, 1996

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1045/4610604469_deee7650c3_o.jpg

Kallang Line was first revealed in the white paper on World Class Land Transport System. Together with Northshore line in 1996. You can also can see the extension of EWL in the west.
Much of this 1996 plan has been modified and materialized - Circle Line, EWL extension. Much of section of ERL was also planned."

Wolverine23
27-05-10, 11:15
Which forum do you get it from???

wow...(found this from another forum, ack'ed)

"From White Paper on World Class Land Transport System, 1996

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1045/4610604469_deee7650c3_o.jpg

Kallang Line was first revealed in the white paper on World Class Land Transport System. Together with Northshore line in 1996. You can also can see the extension of EWL in the west.
Much of this 1996 plan has been modified and materialized - Circle Line, EWL extension. Much of section of ERL was also planned."

latour
27-05-10, 18:17
From the other thread:-

"Originally Posted by sealover
My "guess" of the 12 stations are:

1. Garden by the Bay
2. Tanjong Rhu
3. Meyer
4. Tanjong Katong
5. Marine Parade
6. Teluk Kurau
7. Siglap
8. Bayshore
9. Bedok South
10. Changi South
11. Airport T4
12. Changi Village "

--------------------------
Nice work, I like it... ;)

latour
31-03-11, 09:41
Just wonder is there any more info from the bro/sis here about ERL - the stretch extending after the D15 area? What possibility of stations and location, and what will be the impact to D16,17,18 etc.

levittdub
31-03-11, 19:13
Just wonder is there any more info from the bro/sis here about ERL - the stretch extending after the D15 area? What possibility of stations and location, and what will be the impact to D16,17,18 etc.

The map below is a hypothetical MRT network come 2020.

D16 will benefit, not too sure about 17 and 18.

Must I must say i am surprised that nothing is planned for the Flora Road A B C D E F G condos.

http://img168.imageshack.us/img168/6283/speculativemrtmo7hd4.jpg

latour
31-03-11, 19:52
Is there not a Marine Parade station plan for?

mightyleftfoot
01-04-11, 15:27
The 2020 plan is way too ambitious. DTL1, DTL2, DTL3 will be fully completed only by 2017.
Give and take 5 years, LTA will propose Tuas Extension Line, Thomson Line, and maybe smaller feeder lines (LRT to Bedok or Tananh Merah)?
That would probably make more sense that a full MRT line.
Anyway, just wild guesses...:D :D

latour
17-04-11, 15:54
As someone posted on D15 thread...
"wait for election....some one should ask MM goh...can speed up ERL ...2020 very long:) :)" ... nice...:cool:

latour
11-05-11, 22:38
"Taking cue fm LHL post election speech, Cross yr fingers the garment will move forward the thomson and eastern region lines to show that they "listen"!"... from D15 thread.

levittdub
12-05-11, 23:17
Drove past upper east coast road late afternoon today and noticed some soil-testing activities going on here (see red dot):

http://i.imm.io/5AOM.png

Wouldn't Bedok Corner hawker be a better catchment area?

Daniel Foo
13-05-11, 11:16
Unlikely that spot as it is all residential area. PAP will not build it to cater to those blokes as most of them drive. Bedok Camp area 50/50.

Drove past upper east coast road late afternoon today and noticed some soil-testing activities going on here (see red dot):

http://i.imm.io/5AOM.png

Wouldn't Bedok Corner hawker be a better catchment area?

latour
13-05-11, 12:07
Now that GE is over, transport cost and issues was highlighted during the rally period. And garment says they will listen!!! With East Coast GRC won by them again, but lower percentage, will transport minister annouce the details of ERL? or anytime soon... any views?

devilplate
13-05-11, 12:23
Now that GE is over, transport cost and issues was highlighted during the rally period. And garment says they will listen!!! With East Coast GRC won by them again, but lower percentage, will transport minister annouce the details of ERL? or anytime soon... any views?
I suspect bayshore area all the way to upp east coast will b developed once erl is announced.....erl line vy limited catchment for now.....quite redundant in fact.....too close to the shoreline

latour
16-05-11, 14:28
Looking forward in time to come on these ERL development from Siglap-to-Bayshore-to Upper East Coast and upper changi area. On the 2008 Master Plan there seems to be a new service road from Bayshore running east-west to Bedok South, and with possibly another exit to ECP towards airport. Perhaps the ERL station in this area will be anything between Bayshore to the Temasek Pri/Sec school area and also serving the residents at that part of Bedok South.

radha08
05-07-11, 22:51
my bet is opposite temasek sec next to temasek primary seving quite a number of hdb blocks....including me when i retire cos i got my hdb flat there.....:D

latour
10-07-11, 00:28
my bet is opposite temasek sec next to temasek primary seving quite a number of hdb blocks....including me when i retire cos i got my hdb flat there.....:D

If the potential Bedok South station is likely to be near Temasek Pri or maybe after Temasek Sec school, then where will the station likely to be near the Bayshore Area?

radha08
10-07-11, 12:09
If the potential Bedok South station is likely to be near Temasek Pri or maybe after Temasek Sec school, then where will the station likely to be near the Bayshore Area?

beats me but i think this erl thingy going to be the next big thing for the whole of east coast....huat ahhhh:D

devilplate
10-07-11, 12:33
beats me but i think this erl thingy going to be the next big thing for the whole of east coast....huat ahhhh:D
Isit? I rather not to hf erl.....i m worried more flash floods....if u ask those ppl working in lta, den u will noe y bukit timah got more flooding

radha08
10-07-11, 14:28
Isit? I rather not to hf erl.....i m worried more flash floods....if u ask those ppl working in lta, den u will noe y bukit timah got more flooding

sadly we only small voice like or dont like it will happen so might as well like and benefit...$$$:D $$$

howgozit
12-07-11, 11:54

Yep, East Coast will see a transformation. But at current prices, the upside potential is limited. I think the biggest transformation will be in Upper East Coast leaading to Bedok South.

devilplate
12-07-11, 11:57
Yep, East Coast will see a transformation. But at current prices, the upside potential is limited. I think the biggest transformation will be in Upper East Coast leaading to Bedok South.
I believe biggest tansformation will be costa del sol side...tat huge piece of forested state land

howgozit
12-07-11, 12:05
I believe biggest tansformation will be costa del sol side...tat huge piece of forested state land

Agree, Upper East Coast to Bedok South, Bayshore included.

Problem is, Bayshore area sellers are starting to price in the anticipation. Agents selling the area are already talking about future MRT....etc

devilplate
12-07-11, 12:13

Problem is, Bayshore area sellers are starting to price in the anticipation. Agents selling the area are already talking about future MRT....etc
99lh status is holding me back....i duno how long the transformation will finally take place

And den those freehold further in r mostly smaller boutique apts n not so walkable to future mrt....i predict mrtwill be closer to the ecp

howgozit
12-07-11, 13:11
99lh status is holding me back....i duno how long the transformation will finally take place

And den those freehold further in r mostly smaller boutique apts n not so walkable to future mrt....i predict mrtwill be closer to the ecp

Based on plan, there is a Bedok South Station, so the line should turn inland. If a station is put up where radha08 hopes it will be (ie. opposite Temasek Sec Sch) then Bleu, Daffodil and Idyllic East can see a very big upside.

But nothing is concrete now, so bargains can still be had. A couple of years from now when firm plans are announced, prices will shoot 30% if the projections emulate Changi Green/Court following their MRT announcements.

devilplate
12-07-11, 13:17
Based on plan, there is a Bedok South Station, so the line should turn inland. If a station is put up where radha08 hopes it will be (ie. opposite Temasek Sec Sch) then Bleu, Daffodil and Idyllic East can see a very big upside.

But nothing is concrete now, so bargains can still be had. A couple of years from now when firm plans are announced, prices will shoot 30% if the projections emulate Changi Green/Court following their MRT announcements.
Yes agree...but i dun like boutique apts

Parbury hill gd anot? Hmm

Changi green....hehehe:spliff2: :cheers6:

howgozit
12-07-11, 13:56
Yes agree...but i dun like boutique apts

Parbury hill gd anot? Hmm

Changi green....hehehe:spliff2: :cheers6:

Agree, downside to those apts I mentioned are low number of units. Low speculation and also one desperate neighbour seller may screw up the overall valuation of the whole project. In addition, building height restrictions means plot ratio already max max. Future enbloc gains are limited.

latour
12-07-11, 15:16

Heard about that as well, agents selling the area already talk as though they know the exact locations of the new stations. Also heard ERL from Marine Parade area thereafter is more likely aline closer to ecp, so it maybe immediate south of upper east coast road making use of the road and under the landed pty. If it have to turn inwards toward Bedok South and then run along towards Bedok camp, then the land besides Costa Del Sol and behind the Econ/childcare will see some lights. As it is there is a worksite doing some infrastructure behing the childcare sch over many many months already, and according to the URA Master Plan there is a new road from Bayshore Road running parallel Upper East Coast and ecp - there must be something happening there soon... what you think?

levittdub
13-07-11, 09:57

The plot of land in the pic below is large enough for at least 5 x Costa Del Sol.
http://oi53.tinypic.com/24vmkk8.jpg

keenly anticipating the next URA masterplan to reveal the use of the site.

latour
13-07-11, 12:26
This piece of land is large enough for an integrated MRT, mall, housing etc. and its directly opposite the Bedok jetty and recently revamp beach park. On the current master plan there a new road runing south from the Bedok South road and into ECP may be two-directional to airport and city. I always feel there is something very big coming up on this land parcel, otherwise the infrastructure worksite at Bayshore road will not be there for so many months...

howgozit
13-07-11, 17:25
I remember seeing a plan somewhere depicting the area affected the flight path going into and out of Changi Arpt. It fans out after Laguna Country Club. It seems this area may be affected. This may mean that there may be restrictions on building height and type of development.

howgozit
13-07-11, 17:57
Ok this is just a rumour, just heard this from someone, wonder if anybody has heard or read something similar.

Was told by a source that the Bedok South Station may be further up more North than expected. This is to enable EWL to interchange with ERL at the Tanah Merah Station.

Bedok South Ave 3 Blks 47.48,49 and 50 went enbloc some years ago but instead of tearing them down to rebiuld new flats as thought, HDB has turned them into rental apts for foreign workers and students.

I used to think that HDB was profiteering from this exercise, but my source thinks otherwise. She explained that this was to cater for future plans to build a station in the vicinity in order to facilitate an interchange with Tanah Merah. Since the plans are not firm yet, the fate of these 4 blocks of HDB are still pending, thus HDB decided to rent them out in the meanwhile.

Can anybody verify or is this total hogwash? Thanks!

Lovelle
13-07-11, 18:25

if near to ecp then it's not worth building the mrt. there have to be near some residential and commercial area

levittdub
14-07-11, 09:46
Ok this is just a rumour, just heard this from someone, wonder if anybody has heard or read something similar.

Was told by a source that the Bedok South Station may be further up more North than expected. This is to enable EWL to interchange with ERL at the Tanah Merah Station.

Bedok South Ave 3 Blks 47.48,49 and 50 went enbloc some years ago but instead of tearing them down to rebiuld new flats as thought, HDB has turned them into rental apts for foreign workers and students.

I used to think that HDB was profiteering from this exercise, but my source thinks otherwise. She explained that this was to cater for future plans to build a station in the vicinity in order to facilitate an interchange with Tanah Merah. Since the plans are not firm yet, the fate of these 4 blocks of HDB are still pending, thus HDB decided to rent them out in the meanwhile.

Can anybody verify or is this total hogwash? Thanks!

Tanah Merah Station as the interchange station is highly unlikely. There is just not enough real estate at the station to add an additional platform. But i will not be surprise if they expand Expo station as an interchange.

If you see the infographic from LTA, ERL would be a "standalone" service. Which will also means that apart from Expo station there will be another new train station to serve Changi Business Park.

http://www.post1.net/lowem/resource/20080126-new-mrt-lines-709x443.jpg

levittdub
14-07-11, 10:59
Based on the 2008 Masterplan,. the entire area would be used for residential and well as an education purposes. Maybe they may have one plot as a mixed commercial residential at the area circled in Blue (just like West Coast Plaza). It will make a good location for a train station.

http://oi54.tinypic.com/ezg9on.jpg

howgozit
14-07-11, 14:38
Tanah Merah Station as the interchange station is highly unlikely. There is just not enough real estate at the station to add an additional platform. But i will not be surprise if they expand Expo station as an interchange.

If you see the infographic from LTA, ERL would be a "standalone" service. Which will also means that apart from Expo station there will be another new train station to serve Changi Business Park.

http://www.post1.net/lowem/resource/20080126-new-mrt-lines-709x443.jpg

Expo station is already going to be an interchange merging EWL with the proposed DTL3. Not sure if they can accomodate the ERL there as well.

howgozit
14-07-11, 15:00
Based on the 2008 Masterplan,. the entire area would be used for residential and well as an education purposes. Maybe they may have one plot as a mixed commercial residential at the area circled in Blue (just like West Coast Plaza). It will make a good location for a train station.

http://oi54.tinypic.com/ezg9on.jpg

Yes totally agree, this would be an excellent spot. Based on the soil test sightings it seems the line will track there anyway.

Like I said, this was just a rumour.

But anyway just for discussion. If you go further up north on Bedok South Ave 3, you will see Bedok Court on the right and beside it is a land reserve. Opposite it are HDB flats. But if you look at the Masterplan, there are no HDB flats opposite it. The fate of these flats are actually put on hold.

The rumour is that this area is a possible site for Bedok South Stn. There is sufficient real estate there. Plus, it is going to be an underground station with walkways and escalators linking it to Tanah Merah (like Paya Lebar Station). It certainly is near enogh.

Recently there were LTA surveyors conducting land surveys in the open land and wooded area beside Tanah Merah MRT. Not URA but LTA, so this has revived the rumour again.

radha08
14-07-11, 23:31
Yes totally agree, this would be an excellent spot. Based on the soil test sightings it seems the line will track there anyway.

Like I said, this was just a rumour.

But anyway just for discussion. If you go further up north on Bedok South Ave 3, you will see Bedok Court on the right and beside it is a land reserve. Opposite it are HDB flats. But if you look at the Masterplan, there are no HDB flats opposite it. The fate of these flats are actually put on hold.

The rumour is that this area is a possible site for Bedok South Stn. There is sufficient real estate there. Plus, it is going to be an underground station with walkways and escalators linking it to Tanah Merah (like Paya Lebar Station). It certainly is near enogh.

Recently there were LTA surveyors conducting land surveys in the open land and wooded area beside Tanah Merah MRT. Not URA but LTA, so this has revived the rumour again.

yup but isnt that TOO CLOSE to tanah merah mrt to have any benefits...i would think our good govt would develop the UPPER east coast area and throw in a station somewhere along upper east coast road...:rolleyes:

radha08
14-07-11, 23:36

ha ha i only hoping cause i got my small HDB flat near there bought more than 10 years ago and die die never sell cause of rumour of ERL...:D

levittdub
15-07-11, 11:41
good that this thread is picking up. the ERL thread in D15 is at 60 pages already.

IMHO, those at are vested in D16 would want a station near their residence. The proposed Bedok South station will be the catalyst in developing the area. So the location will be closely watched.

I am vested in D16 too, particularly at the Eastwood area. I am just pining for the road extension to connect Bedok Road to ECP (City and Airport). This will make access so much easier.

howgozit
15-07-11, 14:51
yup but isnt that TOO CLOSE to tanah merah mrt to have any benefits...i would think our good govt would develop the UPPER east coast area and throw in a station somewhere along upper east coast road...:rolleyes:

Ya lah, this is just a rumour at this point , ie. the area is slated to be developed into an interchange of lines. Maybe it is those Bedok Court residents spreading these rumours to enhance their property values... Ha ha:)

howgozit
15-07-11, 15:02
ha ha i only hoping cause i got my small HDB flat near there bought more than 10 years ago and die die never sell cause of rumour of ERL...:D

Your area even without ERL is a nice place to live. Of course with ERL, icing on the cake. I know the few point blocks there opposite Temasek Pri near Parbury Hill (blocks 50+ something) very few willing to sell.

Anyway, good luck!

radha08
15-07-11, 22:38
Your area even without ERL is a nice place to live. Of course with ERL, icing on the cake. I know the few point blocks there opposite Temasek Pri near Parbury Hill (blocks 50+ something) very few willing to sell.

Anyway, good luck!

4 point blocks there 66 67 68 and 72....sigh sigh sigh few years ago i went to view price around 400k...neber buy...now 600plus...:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

buttercarp
12-08-11, 14:16
4 point blocks there 66 67 68 and 72....sigh sigh sigh few years ago i went to view price around 400k...neber buy...now 600plus...:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Wah, really ar!
I grew up in Blk 68 with the sea view and greenery, without the surrounding condos blocking it. In 1977 my parents bought it for $30K.
I have very good memories of that place.

marktkt22
12-08-11, 18:46
Good thread, keep it going .
Compare to d15, erl in d16 is harder to guess, and there r no obvious high concn areas

howgozit
12-08-11, 19:14
Good thread, keep it going .
Compare to d15, erl in d16 is harder to guess, and there r no obvious high concn areas

Yeah must keep this thread alive.

Ok, I am going to throw in a spanner on the speculation of the ERL. Below is what LTA posted on its website.

http://www.lta.gov.sg/projects/images/eastern_line.jpg

The Eastern Region Line will serve the residential restates of Tanjong Rhu, Marine Parade, Siglap, Bedok South and Upper East Coast and link them to Changi in the east.

I wonder how the Bayshore area fits into where the ERL is described to be serving. Any sightings of soil testing in that area anyone? Thanks

marktkt22
12-08-11, 19:14
Uber338 advertise as near mrt ? Bayshore mrt ?where siglap mrt ? At siglap v ?

howgozit
12-08-11, 22:16
Uber338 advertise as near mrt ? Bayshore mrt ?where siglap mrt ? At siglap v ?

Yah.. I saw that too but in the more recent adverts that I have seen for uber388 any mention of the ERL or its stations have removed.

levittdub
14-08-11, 06:31
Yeah must keep this thread alive.

Ok, I am going to throw in a spanner on the speculation of the ERL. Below is what LTA posted on its website.

The Eastern Region Line will serve the residential restates of Tanjong Rhu, Marine Parade, Siglap, Bedok South and Upper East Coast and link them to Changi in the east.

I wonder how the Bayshore area fits into where the ERL is described to be serving. Any sightings of soil testing in that area anyone? Thanks

yes, some soil testing at the bayshore area was spotted early this year. i posted this awhile back on the possible location of the ERL stations.

DC33_2008
14-08-11, 10:32
PM Lee announces the new E-R Line tonight when addressing the jam pack public transportation! ;)
yes, some soil testing at the bayshore area was spotted early this year. i posted this awhile back on the possible location of the ERL stations.

clemdale
14-08-11, 11:59
Really? ERL announcement tonight?

marktkt22
14-08-11, 12:59
Huat ah , but too late to buy

latour
14-08-11, 16:56
Really? ERL announcement tonight?

Tonight, really... that will be good... ERL!!!

kingkong1984
14-08-11, 23:55
Got meh? Anyhow bomb!

radha08
26-08-11, 00:22
Tonight, really... that will be good... ERL!!!

maybe he talking about....

erl=emergency response line....:D

howgozit
04-09-11, 21:38
Today I heard again that the Siglap station is going to be opposite Siglap Centre beside Axis@Siglap where the few blocks of old HDB one-roomers currently are. This is the 4th or 5th time I've heard this from different and unrelated sources.

This goes against the current speculation that the ERL is going to run its track along the Marine Parade Road all the way into Bayshore area, soil testing done in the last few months supports this possibilty.

Anybody heard the same as well? ie. Siglap Stn just opposite Siglap Ctr. instead of along Marine Parade.

Laguna
05-09-11, 11:52
Today I heard again that the Siglap station is going to be opposite Siglap Centre beside Axis@Siglap where the few blocks of old HDB one-roomers currently are. This is the 4th or 5th time I've heard this from different and unrelated sources.

This goes against the current speculation that the ERL is going to run its track along the Marine Parade Road all the way into Bayshore area, soil testing done in the last few months supports this possibilty.

Anybody heard the same as well? ie. Siglap Stn just opposite Siglap Ctr. instead of along Marine Parade.

I think most likely will be near to VS, to support the beach goers as well
and the big condo like MG, LV, LP..and the school

mkl22
06-09-11, 13:08

highly unlikely. no land there. unless they tear down the flats. roads will be diverted for MRT works. and there is no way to divert east coast road and upper east coast road unless they acquire the shophouses etc.

along marine parade is most probable.

levittdub
09-09-11, 05:27
I think most likely will be near to VS, to support the beach goers as well
and the big condo like MG, LV, LP..and the school

I will subscribe to this. There is not much real estate in Siglap to have a station. Perhaps a entrance/exit near The Domain building.

howgozit
09-09-11, 22:47
I will subscribe to this. There is not much real estate in Siglap to have a station. Perhaps a entrance/exit near The Domain building.

Agree too. Just that this rumour is too persistent for me to ignore.

The speculation is the old flats are going to be torn down and in its place an underground MRT station and maybe some sort of retail outlet over it.

But it seems I'm the only one in this forum that has heard such a rumour. I guess we'll have to wait for a while more before we find out.

Douk
09-09-11, 23:04
Agree too. Just that this rumour is too persistent for me to ignore.

The speculation is the old flats are going to be torn down and in its place an underground MRT station and maybe some sort of retail outlet over it.

But it seems I'm the only one in this forum that has heard such a rumour. I guess we'll have to wait for a while more before we find out.

I heard it from agents.. I am not surprise if the flats need to make way as it could be part of east coast revamp. But mrt should run along marine parade for residents and beach goers...

latour
10-09-11, 17:18
Anybody have any idea what is happening to Siglap Court?

howgozit
11-09-11, 21:45
Anybody have any idea what is happening to Siglap Court?

Ya hor... it's been quite a while since enbloc...

Whatever development that is going to come up here is going to have a nice address, 8 Siglap Road.

levittdub
12-09-11, 16:37
I heard it from agents.. I am not surprise if the flats need to make way as it could be part of east coast revamp. But mrt should run along marine parade for residents and beach goers...

it will make way eventually, but i dont see it being SERS for ERL.

Also, Siglap doesn't really require a new mall per se. Siglap V, being a mixed development, will be bringing some shop space. FEO should just revamp the aging Siglap Centre.

howgozit
14-09-11, 09:38
it will make way eventually, but i dont see it being SERS for ERL.

Also, Siglap doesn't really require a new mall per se. Siglap V, being a mixed development, will be bringing some shop space. FEO should just revamp the aging Siglap Centre.

You are right. Siglap Centre serves mainly the Siglap/East Coast neighbourhood. I doubt it can ever be a major shopping centre bcoz of Parkway Parade's proximity. One "problem" for the area is parking, therefore many patrons are living just close by and walk to Siglap Centre.

As it is, Siglap Centre serves the neighbourhood more than adequately. I think much of its future development would depend on what becomes of the old flats and where the ERL entrance is going to be.

The whole area is pretty dynamic and has a good vibe, not too hectic and not too laidback. Good mix of foodjoints from low to midrange, banks, fast food.... etc. for supermarkets there is a choice of NTUC and Cold Storage.... ERL would be a cherry on top.

radha08
16-09-11, 12:31
this dude got his own dream....:D

http://sgforums.com/forums/2080/topics/418138

clemdale
16-09-11, 19:40
I don't see what's wrong with it??

this dude got his own dream....:D

howgozit
17-09-11, 01:15

Its fantastic to see people with so much interest in MRT trains for the sake it. Just look at the number of pages on Singapore Trains. I didn't know there is so much to talk about wrt MRT.... :)

tks for sharing the link.

DC33_2008
17-09-11, 17:30
Their necks are as long as the giraffe as there are so much speculation on the station of ERL. May have to defer this line after learning today from the ST that cost of DTL have far exceeded the estimated budget.

Its fantastic to see people with so much interest in MRT trains for the sake it. Just look at the number of pages on Singapore Trains. I didn't know there is so much to talk about wrt MRT.... :)

radha08
29-09-11, 22:16

its just like when u go to those oil producing country if ur house on top of oil field u make it rich in sillypore mrt station built near ur hse u make it rich ha ha:D:D:D

wnt
03-10-11, 12:54

Previously I thought that the big piece of land now occupied by VS would be the station on top of which would be a large mall/condo project. Remember VS was built just a few years ago. If a station would be there, the land for VS would have been reserved for better use.

My guess is that the track will run along Marine Parade Road. When it gets close to Mandarin Gardens, it will turn towards Upper East Coast Road. Notice that alongside that road there is an empty land, which might have been reserved for building the ERL. There could be an exit near MG/VS/Villa Marina, while the main station could be opposite Siglap Centre, or it could be at the car park near the patrol station. As far as I know, only those are the lands large enough for an MRT station.

One agent at The Shore told me the government did not allow a baseent to be built there, "as something will happen below it and there likely will be an MRT exit nearby". Notice that Axis has no basement, while Siglap-V has. Is there any significance to that?

I heard that the 10-year plan will be out by the end of this year. The details of ERL could be clearer by that time.

howgozit
03-10-11, 20:58
Previously I thought that the big piece of land now occupied by VS would be the station on top of which would be a large mall/condo project. Remember VS was built just a few years ago. If a station would be there, the land for VS would have been reserved for better use.

My guess is that the track will run along Marine Parade Road. When it gets close to Mandarin Gardens, it will turn towards Upper East Coast Road. Notice that alongside that road there is an empty land, which might have been reserved for building the ERL. There could be an exit near MG/VS/Villa Marina, while the main station could be opposite Siglap Centre, or it could be at the car park near the patrol station. As far as I know, only those are the lands large enough for an MRT station.

One agent at The Shore told me the government did not allow a baseent to be built there, "as something will happen below it and there likely will be an MRT exit nearby". Notice that Axis has no basement, while Siglap-V has. Is there any significance to that?

I heard that the 10-year plan will be out by the end of this year. The details of ERL could be clearer by that time.

Thanks for sharing. This is similar to what I have heard as well.

However it seems most forummers here think otherwise. One problem with this alignment is that it means the Bayshore cluster of condos are bypassed

DC33_2008
03-10-11, 21:32
That is why FEO is selling only 103 years for the Shore.

ecimbew
03-10-11, 21:46

Joke lah. FEO did that to own the land forever.

reuters
03-10-11, 22:28

FEO seems to have bought up the entire area. Whichever the exit is going to be, it is going to be near an FEO project!

wnt
04-10-11, 04:59
FEO seems to have bought up the entire area. Whichever the exit is going to be, it is going to be near an FEO project!

The big piece of land beside the DBS finance centre that has been left vacant since memory exists is said to be owned by FEO. So they have been waiting all these years for the ERL to make a killing out of it!

wnt
04-10-11, 05:49
Thanks for sharing. This is similar to what I have heard as well.

However it seems most forummers here think otherwise. One problem with this alignment is that it means the Bayshore cluster of condos are bypassed

This is only my speculation. Even if the track runs along Upper East Coast Road, there could still be a station near bayshore, though not right at the foot of Bayshore or Bayshore Park.

Is there a sufficient large piece of empty land within the Bayshore cluster for the future station? Since this is reclaimed land and those condos were built relatively recently, the government would have made that provision if they planned for one station there.

howgozit
04-10-11, 10:14
This is only my speculation. Even if the track runs along Upper East Coast Road, there could still be a station near bayshore, though not right at the foot of Bayshore or Bayshore Park.

Is there a sufficient large piece of empty land within the Bayshore cluster for the future station? Since this is reclaimed land and those condos were built relatively recently, the government would have made that provision if they planned for one station there.

As the stations will be mainly underground, they only need to cater space for the exits/entrances which is not a lot. The main thing is whether the soil is suitable for a station (as you have correctly mentioned) since the area is all reclaimed land.

By the way you mentioned earlier that you spoke to the agent at The Shore by FEO, did you mean The Sound instead?

latour
04-10-11, 12:27
"From Today: The new rail lines under the masterplan include the Thomson Line and the Eastern Region Line. Mr Lui said that the Thomson Line alignment is "almost done", but the Eastern Region Line is proving "more challenging" and "needs to be look at more carefully".

Does that mean that the alignment for ERL may be significantly changed? I think previous discussion have been concentrated on the difference in capacity requirements which does not justify combining the TSL. Possibly LTA is looking at this issue as well, and may be looking at running the line through more populated areas with a higher concentration of mass market homes. Another possibility is that there may be difficulties running the line along Marine Parade and Upper East Coast Road because of the ground conditions at the boundary between the former shoreline and the reclaimed area, much like the situation at the former Nicoll Highway Station. "

DC33_2008
04-10-11, 12:39
Will it disappoint investors cum owners in east coast area?
"From Today: The new rail lines under the masterplan include the Thomson Line and the Eastern Region Line. Mr Lui said that the Thomson Line alignment is "almost done", but the Eastern Region Line is proving "more challenging" and "needs to be look at more carefully".

Does that mean that the alignment for ERL may be significantly changed? I think previous discussion have been concentrated on the difference in capacity requirements which does not justify combining the TSL. Possibly LTA is looking at this issue as well, and may be looking at running the line through more populated areas with a higher concentration of mass market homes. Another possibility is that there may be difficulties running the line along Marine Parade and Upper East Coast Road because of the ground conditions at the boundary between the former shoreline and the reclaimed area, much like the situation at the former Nicoll Highway Station. "

howgozit
04-10-11, 13:14
Will it disappoint investors cum owners in east coast area?

The way I read it, the ERL is still going to be built but the alignment of the track may be unexpected due to the challenges. So some investors will be dissappointed but some will be delighted.... guess we'll have to wait a while more to find out.

howgozit
04-10-11, 13:19

Directly across Axis@Siglap, The Domain (POSB) has underground parking. On the other side of Axis there is also a canal before the old HDB one-roomers, would there be any engineering difficulties for the line to run below?

reuters
04-10-11, 13:21
East coast does not belong just to the people living there. What about the rest of the Singaporeans like us living elsewhere who want to go to east coast for recreation, shopping and enjoy the beach activities, cafes, etc? The MRT station is a public transport and should bring convenience to the people at large rather than just to serve the numerous small condos around. It will be weird for us to take the MRT to an odd location and then walk a long way to siglap or the town centre of Marine Parade or even Parkway.

DC33_2008
04-10-11, 13:21
They will have it. The only difference is either walking distance or have to take a bus.
The way I read it, the ERL is still going to be built but the alignment of the track may be unexpected due to the challenges. So some investors will be dissappointed but some will be delighted.... guess we'll have to wait a while more to find out.

Laguna
04-10-11, 20:18
"

I had a good laugh at this statement. The most challenging portion of the entire Sg MRT network is the City Hall and Raffles Place.

If u look into the background of Mr Lui, he was the CEO of HDB, he shall also take the responsibility in the undersupply of HDB flats. Next, he was at MCYS, nothing major from him.

So ERL will the first major decision in his political life, of course, now he has to say, challenging and more carefully, in order to justify his million dollars pay cheque and claim the credit.

If so many condo can be built along the eastern coastal line, all the Marine Parade HDB flats on reclaimed land, then what is it so challenging...the marina financial centre is also on reclaimed land as well...

Worsty
04-10-11, 20:47
Mistake taken by the government in regards to the train lines is that some stations are too far apart.

For instance, Raffles place and Tanjong Pagar. Hope they don't mess it up over in the ERL.

azeoprop
04-10-11, 20:50
Maybe they should just build the line along ECP can liaoz haa haa. :rolleyes:

wnt
04-10-11, 20:57
As the stations will be mainly underground, they only need to cater space for the exits/entrances which is not a lot. The main thing is whether the soil is suitable for a station (as you have correctly mentioned) since the area is all reclaimed land.

By the way you mentioned earlier that you spoke to the agent at The Shore by FEO, did you mean The Sound instead?

The Shore. My guess is that the closest station to The Sound most likely will be the one at Marine Parade Road/Telok Kurau Road junction, mainly serving the Marine Terrace HDB flats. I remember Telok Kurau station was mentioned somewhere and very likely will become the actual name for the station.

ecimbew
04-10-11, 21:27
Not sure how accurate is this but it's from skyscraper forum.
It's by Y2koh
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/842/tsl4.jpg/

http://img842.imageshack.us/img842/2852/tsl4.jpg

howgozit
04-10-11, 23:21
Not sure how accurate is this but it's from skyscraper forum.
It's by Y2koh
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/842/tsl4.jpg/

Anything further east?

reuters
04-10-11, 23:32
Maybe they should just build the line along ECP can liaoz haa haa. :rolleyes:

Imagine your friend sending you home and then drop you off at ECP to ask you to walk the rest of the way home?

wnt
05-10-11, 00:54
Imagine your friend sending you home and then drop you off at ECP to ask you to walk the rest of the way home?

ECP Line: A station each south of Marina South, Marine Parade, Bayshore (since many people like it), and run LRTs to serve the communities.:scared-4:

Someone told me that the ERL would turn north towards Eunos or Kembangang and miss Siglap, Bayshore etc altogether. :hell-hath-no-fury: Does that has anything to do with this "challenge" thing? Must stress that this is just hearsay and I would be the first one against it if it ever get adopted.

Another possibility is for the track to run along East Coast Road. Owners of The Sound would be very happy. Do notice that there is also a stretch of empty land alongside ECR. That could be Plan B. The wisdom of our government is unfathomable!

howgozit
05-10-11, 04:30
ECP Line: A station each south of Marina South, Marine Parade, Bayshore (since many people like it), and run LRTs to serve the communities.:scared-4:

Someone told me that the ERL would turn north towards Eunos or Kembangang and miss Siglap, Bayshore etc altogether. :hell-hath-no-fury: Does that has anything to do with this "challenge" thing? Must stress that this is just hearsay and I would be the first one against it if it ever get adopted.

Another possibility is for the track to run along East Coast Road. Owners of The Sound would be very happy. Do notice that there is also a stretch of empty land alongside ECR. That could be Plan B. The wisdom of our government is unfathomable!

I heard similar only the point where it heads north is not known. For sure, Marine Parade/ Telok Kurau area will not be too far off from current speculation. Siglap may be the turning point should it head north, so Siglap station is hard to place. It could either be at Siglap Road or Marine Parade Road.

Among other things I've heard is that it joins the EWL at Tanah Merah as an interchange instead of Eunos/Kembangan though I can't see any room there to accomodate.

Worsty
05-10-11, 12:26
Among other things I've heard is that it joins the EWL at Tanah Merah as an interchange instead of Eunos/Kembangan though I can't see any room there to accomodate.

Joining up Eunos would be good for me. There's also plenty of land next to the station at the moment. Construction at the already busy Still road and Jalan Eunos would be a pain though.

howgozit
05-10-11, 16:14
Joining up Eunos would be good for me. There's also plenty of land next to the station at the moment. Construction at the already busy Still road and Jalan Eunos would be a pain though.

Well according to the LTA website, the ERL is supposed to served Bedok South and Upper East Coast. If it turns north so early to Eunos then this 2 areas will be missed.

Worsty
05-10-11, 16:25
Well according to the LTA website, the ERL is supposed to served Bedok South and Upper East Coast. If it turns north so early to Eunos then this 2 areas will be missed.

Serving Bedok South works for me too. Probably makes more sense to be along Upper East Coast though Bedok South Road have plenty of land for a station from Temasek JC stretch onwards to Kew Residences.

wnt
06-10-11, 06:04
Serving Bedok South works for me too. Probably makes more sense to be along Upper East Coast though Bedok South Road have plenty of land for a station from Temasek JC stretch onwards to Kew Residences.

There is indeed a possibility or even probability that ERL would turn north to Bedok South, intersect with the EWL at Bedok station and then end at DTL Bedok North or Bedok Reservoir. If this scheme is adopted, one reason would be that the population further east has not reached a threshold to justify operating MRT there. The impending construction at Bedok central would be coincidental to turning it into a hub.

radha08
06-10-11, 18:05

SPECIFICALLY next to temasek pri opposite temasek secondary would be good..:D ...vested

howgozit
07-10-11, 06:23
SPECIFICALLY next to temasek pri opposite temasek secondary would be good..:D ...vested

Highly probable...

In between Telok Kurau to Bedok South is still questionable it seems.

clemdale
09-10-11, 13:55
Can someone make a list of probable MRT sites and stations? Thanks :)

Highly probable...

In between Telok Kurau to Bedok South is still questionable it seems.

DC33_2008
09-10-11, 16:00
Can ask shwan in the aristo site. He seems to know a lot.
Can someone make a list of probable MRT sites and stations? Thanks :)

wnt
11-10-11, 08:08
Can ask shwan in the aristo site. He seems to know a lot.

From LTA website, so it is black and white:

http://www.lta.gov.sg/projects/images/h_fl.gif

The Government has announced plans to build two new lines, namely the Thomson Line and the Eastern Region Line. The Thomson Line (TSL) and the Eastern Region Line (ERL) together will add 48km to our rail network. The Government has given the go-ahead for the TSL to be built by 2018, and the ERL by 2020.

So there will definitely be one in Siglap and one in Bedok South. Expect to travel underground along Upper East Coast Road in the future, folks! :)

ecimbew
11-10-11, 08:47
5 to 10 years of inconvenience is worth it! :scared-5:

DC33_2008
11-10-11, 10:14
Pricing around MP central have already factored in for the mrt stn. The only moderating factor will depend on a short work, long walk or take a bus to the station. It may have to wait 10 years later to have further price increase when it is ready. :scared-4:
From LTA website, so it is black and white:

http://www.lta.gov.sg/projects/images/h_fl.gif

The Government has announced plans to build two new lines, namely the Thomson Line and the Eastern Region Line. The Thomson Line (TSL) and the Eastern Region Line (ERL) together will add 48km to our rail network. The Government has given the go-ahead for the TSL to be built by 2018, and the ERL by 2020.

So there will definitely be one in Siglap and one in Bedok South. Expect to travel underground along Upper East Coast Road in the future, folks! :)

proud owner
11-10-11, 10:25
5 to 10 years of inconvenience is worth it! :scared-5:

as it would be an underground construction ...

do you think there will be some form of inconvenience during these 10 yrs ?

if YES ..then rental will be affected right ?

DC33_2008
11-10-11, 10:28
Traffic will be worst on weekends as it is already quite jam up around the MP central area.

DC33_2008
11-10-11, 10:28
Traffic will be worst on weekends as it is already quite jam up around the MP central area.

minority
11-10-11, 10:33

but that is so close to the tana merah MRT.

SBR
12-10-11, 11:53
Construction schedule of the MRT line until 2020 was announced three years ago but to date a spokesman from the Ministry of Transport (MOT) reports no significant development yet.

http://sbr.com.sg/transport-logistics/exclusive/station-locations-eastern-region-line-may-remain-unknown-next-year

radha08
12-10-11, 15:03
but that is so close to the tana merah MRT.

if u consider 20 to 25 min walk close then u can call it close...:cool:

radha08
12-10-11, 15:06
:(
Construction schedule of the MRT line until 2020 was announced three years ago but to date a spokesman from the Ministry of Transport (MOT) reports no significant development yet.

http://sbr.com.sg/transport-logistics/exclusive/station-locations-eastern-region-line-may-remain-unknown-next-year

hmmm can stop all the speculation for now...

kane
12-10-11, 23:06
:(

hmmm can stop all the speculation for now...

where the soil test is, the speculation will follow, inevitable.

12-10-11, 23:22

This guy knew nothing. His boss tells more in this report:

http://www.todayonline.com/Singapore/EDC111004-0000166/Transport-upgrading-plans-on-track

howgozit
13-10-11, 02:38
This guy knew nothing. His boss tells more in this report:

http://www.todayonline.com/Singapore/EDC111004-0000166/Transport-upgrading-plans-on-track

Bro, I think you've gotten your timeline wrong. The article you posted has been overtaken by events.

radha08
13-10-11, 11:53
http://sg.news.yahoo.com/is-this-singapore%E2%80%99s-future-mrt-network-.html

and so the speculation starts again...:D :D :D

radha08
09-11-11, 21:01
ok now that siglap station is confirmed....:D....wats next....bayshore....kew....:D

howgozit
09-11-11, 21:43
ok now that siglap station is confirmed....:D....wats next....bayshore....kew....:D

Siglap station was what I have been speculating all this while but I still wouldn't say that it is confirmed.

As for Bayshore.... it presents a problem if Siglap staion is indeed situated along East Coast Rd instead of Marine Parade Rd.... how can it cut back out to MP again and then into Bayshore area...

Anyway... either way it goes it seems that it will still end up thru' Kew area..... unless my other speculation is correct... ie.. the line turns northwards close to Tanah Merah... but this one is a long shot.

wnt
10-11-11, 11:19
Siglap station was what I have been speculating all this while but I still wouldn't say that it is confirmed.

As for Bayshore.... it presents a problem if Siglap staion is indeed situated along East Coast Rd instead of Marine Parade Rd.... how can it cut back out to MP again and then into Bayshore area...

Anyway... either way it goes it seems that it will still end up thru' Kew area..... unless my other speculation is correct... ie.. the line turns northwards close to Tanah Merah... but this one is a long shot.

Siglap station opposite Siglap centre? I should say the likelihood is now 99%. Look at the empty strips of land at both sides of EC and Upper EC. Combined they are as wide if not wider than the roads. There must have been a plan to usher in something great to the east.

Bayshore station? Not likely. Yes, there are cases of stations built with little land. However, as the development over there is fairly recent, sufficient land must had been set aside if it existed in the masterplan. So it is not only about the question of having to turn back to MP. I would rather think that there will be a future station near TJC and Panasonic to cater for a future centre after those old factories under-utilizing the Bedok South area relocate.

On the other side you can see that the strips of land run up til Still Road. There is even a possibility of TK built on EC, on the land government-owned, occupied by NAFA. However this is pure speculation.

howgozit
11-11-11, 10:00
Just saw today some soil testing being done on the empty plot of land beside Bedok Court.

That empty plot of land is divided into 2 parts by a footpath. The open grounded closer to Bedok court is slated for residential development as reflected in URA website.

The land use for the open ground closer to Tanah Merah MRT is still not clear yet. Wonder what's going on?

levittdub
11-11-11, 10:26
Chai Chee Secondary School site is also unused. Can potentially become a transitional primary/secondary school premise, or potentially Bayshore station.

radha08
14-11-11, 06:52
looks like the erl is one of the ltas best kept secrets...:D

hyenergix
14-11-11, 07:46
looks like the erl is one of the ltas best kept secrets...:D

Insiders would have already bought long time ago. Very difficult to hide actually because of contractors' involvements.

radha08
20-11-11, 19:39
Insiders would have already bought long time ago. Very difficult to hide actually because of contractors' involvements.

yup i suppose so..people like us will just keep on speculating...:rolleyes:

Eastboy
20-11-11, 20:04
yup i suppose so..people like us will just keep on speculating...:rolleyes:

The ERL stations quite a no-brainer la.

howgozit
20-11-11, 20:39
The ERL stations quite a no-brainer la.

Can you share where the ERL stations are located? Thank you.

mcmlxxvi
20-11-11, 21:31
Ya I for one still not sure if and where TKurau mrt will be...

howgozit
20-11-11, 21:34

Ya lor...

Also where the Bedok South Station will be. How about Bayshore... confirm dun have? Any at Upper East Coast..?

Eastboy
20-11-11, 21:34
Can you share where the ERL stations are located? Thank you.

Go browse the ERL thread, as well as in other forums...many bro and sis "projected" highly probable locations already.

Eastboy
20-11-11, 21:36

Everyone says MP police station area- makes sense to serve marine terrace residents.

howgozit
20-11-11, 22:17
Go browse the ERL thread, as well as in other forums...many bro and sis "projected" highly probable locations already.

By the way, I also contributed to the ERL thread and also other forums. When I first suggested back then that the Siglap station may be at the junction of East Coast Rd and Siglap Rd everybody said it was very unlikely but now it seems it is almost certain.

The projections are based on the ERL along MP rd into Bayshore due to sightings of soil testing. Now with the HDB one-roomers going SERs at Siglap, the speculation is that the Siglap station will be there, the projections have to be adjusted.

Anyway, I think the ERL is certainly not a no-brainer. There are still some problems with the line and the stations are not firmed up yet. There may still some surprises in store.

Eastboy
20-11-11, 22:23
By the way, I also contributed to the ERL thread and also other forums. When I first suggested back then that the Siglap station may be at the junction of East Coast Rd and Siglap Rd everybody said it was very unlikely but now it seems it is almost certain.

The projections are based on the ERL along MP rd into Bayshore due to sightings of soil testing. Now with the HDB one-roomers going SERs at Siglap, the speculation is that the Siglap station will be there, the projections have to be adjusted.

Anyway, I think the ERL is certainly not a no-brainer. There are still some problems with the line and the stations are not firmed up yet. There may still some surprises in store.

You need to know someone impt in LTA then you'll know. :cheers1:

hyenergix
21-11-11, 06:48
You need to know someone impt in LTA then you'll know. :cheers1:

It should be an open secret at LTA. Everybody just pretends not to know but probably quietly buying up properties near the future stations via proxies.

mkl22
21-11-11, 08:34

but the funny thing is that there were never any soil testing seen around the HDB site. my guess is that although it seems likely. it is not that certain.

gn108
21-11-11, 09:00
Along East Coast Road there were a couple of options, the HDB units being one of them. But I reckon its not along ECR.

In the interest of tunnelling, the line sld be straight as possible. So if runs along MP road, then the station sld be near Victoria Sec for Siglap.
The SERS flats are one way for the Gahmen to monetise the real estate there. Only my opinion.

howgozit
21-11-11, 14:06
but the funny thing is that there were never any soil testing seen around the HDB site. my guess is that although it seems likely. it is not that certain.

Precisely... I think the ERL is not a done deal yet.

Nothing is certain.

mkl22
21-11-11, 14:43
Along East Coast Road there were a couple of options, the HDB units being one of them. But I reckon its not along ECR.

In the interest of tunnelling, the line sld be straight as possible. So if runs along MP road, then the station sld be near Victoria Sec for Siglap.
The SERS flats are one way for the Gahmen to monetise the real estate there. Only my opinion.

straightness of the track is not an issue. look at existing and future lines, they curve all over the place. http://www.onemap.sg/index.html gives a very good map on the routes of the MRT.

latour
17-01-12, 11:53
until now still no news ???

radha08
10-02-12, 11:51
until now still no news ???

the way it works is like one fine day u wake up buy the newspapers...and VOILA headlines...ERL announced...so keep buying papers....:D

i also waiting PATIENTLY..:scared-4:

radha08
05-04-12, 11:13
the way it works is like one fine day u wake up buy the newspapers...and VOILA headlines...ERL announced...so keep buying papers....:D

i also waiting PATIENTLY..:scared-4:

still waiting:(

latour
05-04-12, 11:38

ya... still waiting.

gn108
05-04-12, 13:08
Many people waiting ...will come for sure - just if 2017 or later.

Rosegarden
05-04-12, 14:08
Ha ha ha ... that was funny. :)

Looks like many forumers are vested in the east and waiting until neck long long. Recall that Minister Liu mentioned there were technical challenges delaying the announcement of alignment. Probably due to large reclaimed land in the east and a more cautious approach after the Nicoll highway experience. Won't be surprised if they eventually have to build it above ground.....:scared-4:

gn108
05-04-12, 14:24
Not enough Foreign Workers to build so many tunnels concurrently.
Must dig DTL then recycle workers to ERL. So delay...

Looks like many forumers are vested in the east and waiting until neck long long. Recall that Minister Liu mentioned there were technical challenges delaying the announcement of alignment. Probably due to large reclaimed land in the east and a more cautious approach after the Nicoll highway experience. Won't be surprised if they eventually have to build it above ground.....:scared-4:

latour
05-04-12, 15:24

i think it must have something to do with FTs, HDB/Pte Pty demand supply situation, Schools/FSI landzone, MRT breakdowns, alignment, GE2016/zoning etc. etc. but most importantly Concept Plan 2011 - which is oso delayed in announcements... sianz.

Rosegarden
05-04-12, 15:58
i think it must have something to do with FTs, HDB/Pte Pty demand supply situation, Schools/FSI landzone, MRT breakdowns, alignment, GE2016/zoning etc. etc. but most importantly Concept Plan 2011 - which is oso delayed in announcements... sianz.

The delay may not be a bad thing. Making an announcement now benefits mainly the developers. When interest returns to the resale market, an announcement then can better benefit owners?

howgozit
12-07-12, 10:00
http://www.todayonline.com/Singapore/EDC120712-0000031/Thomson-Line-alignment,-stations-to-be-shown-soon

Thomson Line alignment, stations to be shown soon

http://imcmsimages.mediacorp.sg/cmsfileserver/showimageCC.aspx?124&105&f=2407&img=2407_203148.jpg&h=65&w=55
by Hetty Musfirah Abdul Khamid (http://forums.condosingapore.com/)
04:45 AM Jul 12, 2012

SINGAPORE - The Land Transport Authority (LTA) is in the final stages of the advance engineering study for the Thomson Line, and will announce the alignment and stations "in the next few months".

The LTA is also starting consultancy studies for the Eastern Region line which will eventually connect to the Thomson Line.

Minister of State for Transport Josephine Teo revealed this yesterday as she launched the start of tunnelling works for the third and final stage of the Downtown Line (DTL3).

Due for completion in 2018, the LTA has confirmed only Woodlands as an interchange so far for the Thomson Line. The authority has mentioned Marina Bay as the end point in the south, and that the line would connect to the Eastern Region Line, due to be up in 2020.

DTL3, which will have 16 stations, will run almost parallel to the East-West line. For those who live and work around this stretch of the line, DTL3 will provide a transport link to the Central Business District, the Marina Bay area and the rest of the island.

The entire tunnelling process for the whole 21-km stretch of DTL3 is expected to take about 25 months. The first of two tunnel-boring machines at the future Mattar Station will tunnel through a distance of about 1.4km to Geylang Bahru Station. The Bencoolen station, at 43m underground, will be the deepest station on the entire rail network and will take the longest time among the DTL3 stations to build. The LTA said DTL3 is on track to be completed in 2017.

Construction of the first two phases of the Downtown Line is also making good progress.

Mrs Teo said Phase 1 is on track to open its six stations towards the end of next year, while about 35 per cent of tunnelling work for Phase 2 has been completed. The first two trains will be delivered in October this year and another six progressively before the line opens.

"The Downtown Line will enhance overall rail connectivity in the eastern corridor, and bring relief to the crowded stretches of the East-West Line which we experience from time to time," said Mrs Teo. "Downtown Line will give us a much denser rail network which will make public transport more comprehensive and more convenient for our commuters."

latour
12-07-12, 14:16
http://www.todayonline.com/Singapore/EDC120712-0000031/Thomson-Line-alignment,-stations-to-be-shown-soon

Thomson Line alignment, stations to be shown soon

http://imcmsimages.mediacorp.sg/cmsfileserver/showimageCC.aspx?124&105&f=2407&img=2407_203148.jpg&h=65&w=55
by Hetty Musfirah Abdul Khamid (http://forums.condosingapore.com/)
04:45 AM Jul 12, 2012

SINGAPORE - The Land Transport Authority (LTA) is in the final stages of the advance engineering study for the Thomson Line, and will announce the alignment and stations "in the next few months".

The LTA is also starting consultancy studies for the Eastern Region line which will eventually connect to the Thomson Line.

Minister of State for Transport Josephine Teo revealed this yesterday as she launched the start of tunnelling works for the third and final stage of the Downtown Line (DTL3).

Due for completion in 2018, the LTA has confirmed only Woodlands as an interchange so far for the Thomson Line. The authority has mentioned Marina Bay as the end point in the south, and that the line would connect to the Eastern Region Line, due to be up in 2020.

DTL3, which will have 16 stations, will run almost parallel to the East-West line. For those who live and work around this stretch of the line, DTL3 will provide a transport link to the Central Business District, the Marina Bay area and the rest of the island.

The entire tunnelling process for the whole 21-km stretch of DTL3 is expected to take about 25 months. The first of two tunnel-boring machines at the future Mattar Station will tunnel through a distance of about 1.4km to Geylang Bahru Station. The Bencoolen station, at 43m underground, will be the deepest station on the entire rail network and will take the longest time among the DTL3 stations to build. The LTA said DTL3 is on track to be completed in 2017.

Construction of the first two phases of the Downtown Line is also making good progress.

Mrs Teo said Phase 1 is on track to open its six stations towards the end of next year, while about 35 per cent of tunnelling work for Phase 2 has been completed. The first two trains will be delivered in October this year and another six progressively before the line opens.

"The Downtown Line will enhance overall rail connectivity in the eastern corridor, and bring relief to the crowded stretches of the East-West Line which we experience from time to time," said Mrs Teo. "Downtown Line will give us a much denser rail network which will make public transport more comprehensive and more convenient for our commuters."

2020 for ERL will still be a long wait, those condo along D16's Upp East Coast Road, Bayshore, Kew etc. will mostly then be more then 10yr to near 20yrs, of course there are a few en-bloc rebuild projects that will still be within the first 10yrs from TOP. Long wait lor... and maybe its also a good sign for the next super high peak for property anything from 2016 to 2020 (just guessing). :cool:

howgozit
12-07-12, 14:55
Going by the time line....

since Thomson Line due to be up by 2018 and announced in a few months, it can be assumed that if the ERL were to be up in 2020, it should be announced in about 2 years from now.

So looks like more waiting for the ERL.

2020 for ERL will still be a long wait, those condo along D16's Upp East Coast Road, Bayshore, Kew etc. will mostly then be more then 10yr to near 20yrs, of course there are a few en-bloc rebuild projects that will still be within the first 10yrs from TOP. Long wait lor... and maybe its also a good sign for the next super high peak for property anything from 2016 to 2020 (just guessing). :cool:

eng81157
13-07-12, 09:26
any ideas where the bayshore station is likely to be? hope my future place won't get affected by construction activities

latour
13-07-12, 09:57
any ideas where the bayshore station is likely to be? hope my future place won't get affected by construction activities

If there is its unlikely, to affect those projects in Bayshore Road.

eng81157
13-07-12, 10:31
If there is its unlikely, to affect those projects in Bayshore Road.

why so? unless the station is not going to be at bayshore road. everytime i pass by tampines and witness the DTL construction, i dread :scared-3: :scared-3:

latour
13-07-12, 15:20
why so? unless the station is not going to be at bayshore road. everytime i pass by tampines and witness the DTL construction, i dread :scared-3: :scared-3:

if want to have convenience eventually, just have to bear with it for a while lar and wait for better time :p

howgozit
14-07-12, 12:19
Initial plans did not show a Bayshore station.

What is worse is not having a station there but having the inconvenience of its construction.

eng81157
14-07-12, 14:19
saw some graphics that has a bayshore station.

howgozit
14-07-12, 16:59
Yah... saw that too.

Presently there are 2 schools of thought (or rather speculation)

It depends on the alignment of the track. If it runs along Marine Parade, then it should run through Bayshore. If it runs along East Coast road, then it will bypass Bayshore and the station is more likely at Upper East Coast Road.

After the SERs of the 4 blocks of old one-roomer HDB at Siglap, the speculation is leaning towards bypassing Bayshore.... I guess we'll have to wait a couple of years more to find out.

saw some graphics that has a bayshore station.

eng81157
14-08-12, 14:08
well, now the rabbit's outta the bag. just wondering how the underground tunnel will be built beneath upper east coast road.

the area is all built up and roads are 2 lanes wide in each direction......

minority
14-08-12, 18:26
wats the news? is it out?

4wheels
14-08-12, 19:36
there is not much detail related to the news in the Straites times

mentioned about passing Siglap, Marine Parade, Bedok South, Upper East Coast, Tanjong Rhu.

howgozit
14-08-12, 19:53
yep... this is nothing new, the names of the stations were known long ago. what is important is the alignment of the track and the precise location of the stations.

tkc2263
14-08-12, 19:56
wats the news? is it out?

Read the thread of MRT in D15...

4wheels
14-08-12, 21:12
try this (http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=1277217&page=14), it has more information, but may not be accurate.:)

carbuncle
14-08-12, 21:15
upper east coast is a long stretch

kane
15-08-12, 09:01
Have they actively lined up soil test machines yet?

gn108
15-08-12, 10:35
They might go with Marine Parade Road ...more scope for finding space for the stations/related structures. And it's nice and straight for most parts.

upper east coast is a long stretch

eng81157
15-08-12, 10:41
They might go with Marine Parade Road ...more scope for finding space for the stations/related structures. And it's nice and straight for most parts.

and where will the stretch be located before hitting marine parade road?!!!

mkl22
15-08-12, 11:20

but apparently rumour issues with the old sea wall. dunno, not a civil engineer, so no idea what the engineering difficulties of tunneling below an old sea wall is like.

gn108
15-08-12, 11:32
Point taken...thank you.

Very little space for stations/ventillation ducts for sites along ECR but I reckon engineers will find them.

but apparently rumour issues with the old sea wall. dunno, not a civil engineer, so no idea what the engineering difficulties of tunneling below an old sea wall is like.

4wheels
15-08-12, 13:12

Upper East Cost Road starts from Bedok South Ave 1 to Bedok Road. Thus, it is not parallel to Marine Parade Road.

edwinleeap
15-08-12, 18:21
Upper East Cost Road starts from Bedok South Ave 1 to Bedok Road. Thus, it is not parallel to Marine Parade Road.

Actually Upper East Coast Road starts right after Siglap Centre.

levittdub
15-08-12, 19:21
taken from skyscraper city thread, this pic is very interesting.

http://i47.tinypic.com/eg8oc3.jpg

howgozit
15-08-12, 23:28
saw this on skyscraper city as well... station E10 seems a bit too close to E9. Also around E10 area, population density seems too low to justify a station to bebuilt

another interesting thing is that the Bayshore area seems to be entirely bypassed.

eng81157
16-08-12, 02:17
saw this on skyscraper city as well... station E10 seems a bit too close to E9. Also around E10 area, population density seems too low to justify a station to bebuilt

another interesting thing is that the Bayshore area seems to be entirely bypassed.

how is bayshore bypassed?! the track runs through the entire upper east coast road.

mkl22
16-08-12, 09:48

don't think population density really matters all that much. if so, dakota wouldn't have been built given that Mountbatten isn't that far away. also the density around the DTL2 is also not that high.

Also there might be plans to move the army camp in the future, who knows.

anyway the length of ERL is approx 13km and there are 10 stations. ER9 and ER10 are approx 1.2km apart. So it seems reasonable.

howgozit
16-08-12, 13:15
Ok perhaps "bypass" is not the correct word.

I was referring to one speculation that a station will be built in the heart of the Bayshore area near Bayshore Road but it seems the track will now run further north along Upper East Coast Road instead.

how is bayshore bypassed?! the track runs through the entire upper east coast road.

eng81157
16-08-12, 13:18

I was referring to one speculation that a station will be built in the heart of the Bayshore area near Bayshore Road but it seems the track will now run further north along Upper East Coast Road instead.

i'm fine with not having an MRT station right at my door step, after seeing all the noise and construction activities with the DTL

howgozit
16-08-12, 13:19
good point

don't think population density really matters all that much. if so, dakota wouldn't have been built given that Mountbatten isn't that far away. also the density around the DTL2 is also not that high.

Also there might be plans to move the army camp in the future, who knows.

anyway the length of ERL is approx 13km and there are 10 stations. ER9 and ER10 are approx 1.2km apart. So it seems reasonable.

eng81157
16-08-12, 13:24

i'm fine with not having an MRT station right at my door step, after seeing all the noise and construction activities with the DTL

howgozit
16-08-12, 15:41
Construction woes are only temporary... once the station is completed, the convenience is permanent.

It may be quite a long walk if residents of Bayshore area access Upper East Coast Rd via Bayshore Rd

gn108
16-08-12, 15:50
Ideal is rent it out just before the ground is dug to the unsuspecting tenant and then take back when they realine the road. Training testing etc will take another 6-9 months but no more dust.

Construction woes are only temporary... once the station is completed, the convenience is permanent.

It may be quite a long walk if residents of Bayshore area access Upper East Coast Rd via Bayshore Rd

phantom_opera
18-08-12, 07:48
http://i47.tinypic.com/eg8oc3.jpg

Originally Posted by y2koh
Here's my quick digesting of the information and summary
1. ERL will have 10 stations, the last station E10 will be an interchange station.
2. DTL3 will be extended by 2.2km to interchange at E10.
3. There may a TMMP (feasibility study will be made)
4. Changi Depot (CHD) will be rebuilt to house stabling area for DTL, ERL and EWL on the basement, ground and deck level respectively. There will be bus depot on the ground level of CHD too.
5. Possibly Tuas Depot will help handle the shortfall in stabling capacity when CHD is undergoing redevelopment.
6. There will be a ERLe in the future when the need arises, most likely to future terminals for Changi Airport and possibly North Coast Line.
==================================
If DTL3 is extended to join with ERL ... the gap btn D15/D16/D18 will narrow further??

phantom_opera
18-08-12, 07:52
contract:

http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/9613/41689869.png

radha08
18-08-12, 22:00
BEDOK SOUTH yes...:cheers4::cheers4::cheers4::cheers4:

gav108
18-08-12, 23:07
Originally Posted by y2koh
Here's my quick digesting of the information and summary
1. ERL will have 10 stations, the last station E10 will be an interchange station.
2. DTL3 will be extended by 2.2km to interchange at E10.
3. There may a TMMP (feasibility study will be made)
4. Changi Depot (CHD) will be rebuilt to house stabling area for DTL, ERL and EWL on the basement, ground and deck level respectively. There will be bus depot on the ground level of CHD too.
5. Possibly Tuas Depot will help handle the shortfall in stabling capacity when CHD is undergoing redevelopment.
6. There will be a ERLe in the future when the need arises, most likely to future terminals for Changi Airport and possibly North Coast Line.
==================================
If DTL3 is extended to join with ERL ... the gap btn D15/D16/D18 will narrow further??[/QUOTE]

What is TMMP?? All these acronyms :doh:

levittdub
29-08-12, 19:52
Getting interesting. Another possible line layout from skyscrapercity

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=1277217&page=18

http://i467.photobucket.com/albums/rr39/nash_1126/ERL.jpg

levittdub
29-08-12, 20:00
Another view from skyscrapercity.

http://i47.tinypic.com/334hi8i.jpg
http://i49.tinypic.com/2qtee0h.jpg
http://i46.tinypic.com/23tkzer.jpg
http://i48.tinypic.com/2zgho5l.jpg
http://i45.tinypic.com/nn9lao.jpg
http://i47.tinypic.com/2djouhu.jpg

ER8 Bayshore may potentially be alot further away from Bayshore and Costa Del Sol. Closer to Casafina and the petrol station.

eng81157
29-08-12, 20:33
that's close enough for me. don't need the MRT right at the door step of CDS.

DC33_2008
29-08-12, 21:49
When will LTA announce this line?

mkl22
29-08-12, 21:52

i think regardless of when they announce, given that TSL is gonna be completed in 2021. the maybe add a couple of years more? 2023-2024 as completion date? forget it liao. many things can happen in 12years.

DC33_2008
29-08-12, 22:33
Those LH properties will be running out.
i think regardless of when they announce, given that TSL is gonna be completed in 2021. the maybe add a couple of years more? 2023-2024 as completion date? forget it liao. many things can happen in 12years.

30-08-12, 09:12
Those LH properties will be running out.

Yeah maybe that's the strategy, let the older LH properties lease run further down, accquire maybe one or two (like pearl centre) where the line runs through, this will ease construction and so on.... After construction, they can resell the land at even higher costs since station and all underground.

:beats-me-man: :beats-me-man: :beats-me-man: :beats-me-man:

proper-t
30-08-12, 09:49

Think should be quite soon.

ERL is supposed to be an extension of TSL starting from Gardens by the Bay station. Since they have already called for tender on ERL, my gut feel is that they will start construction of the TSL and ERL (ER10) from both ends and eventually meet at Gardens by the Bay. The last phase of ERL may coincide with the last phase of the TSL.

TSL is 22 stations vs ERL 10 stations so ERL could have the luxury of starting later.

equalizer
30-08-12, 10:31
Think should be quite soon.

ERL is supposed to be an extension of TSL starting from Gardens by the Bay station. Since they have already called for tender on ERL, my gut feel is that they will start construction of the TSL and ERL (ER10) from both ends and eventually meet at Gardens by the Bay. The last phase of ERL may coincide with the last phase of the TSL.

TSL is 22 stations vs ERL 10 stations so ERL could have the luxury of starting later.

hmmm.. so wat you are saying is that by 2021, we could have both the TSL and ERL fully operational? With the intended population growth and the current overcrowding situation, it probably makes sense.

Read up on skyscrapercity forum and the tender doc also states that they are starting working form the Changi end for the ERL so you cld be rite.

Hope they announce soon....

proper-t
30-08-12, 10:44
akan datang......

phantom_opera
30-08-12, 12:22
DTL1, DTL2 and DTL3 are 2013,2015 and 2017

so even if ERL is open in one phase, it will be 2023, if 2 phases 2025

:banghead:

carbuncle
30-08-12, 12:37
ERL .... wait long long la. Almost no land left liao. Don't think will have much new launch in D15.16.17.18

proper-t
30-08-12, 12:40
DTL1, DTL2 and DTL3 are 2013,2015 and 2017

so even if ERL is open in one phase, it will be 2023, if 2 phases 2025

:banghead:

I think you have to remove the mindset that TSL and ERL are two separate lines. Its meant to be one big contiguous line and the trains will just transition seamlessly as if it is one big line of 32 stations. In much the same way that the stage 1 & 2 of the DTL is being constructed simultaneously now, the TSL and ERL will be closely intertwined. Being a much shorter track with less stations, the construction of ERL could start later and still be on track to coincide with the TSL. There is no dependency that TSL must be completed first before the ERL can start.

ixxx
30-08-12, 18:27
i think ERL will only start construction nearby when TSL phase 1 is completed at 2019, let say 5 years to build finish, so ERL done at 2024? 12 years down the road...:doh:

howgozit
30-08-12, 18:30
I think it was mentioned before somewhere that ERL will be a 2 year lag behind TSL.

i think ERL will only start construction nearby when TSL phase 1 is completed at 2019, let say 5 years to build finish, so ERL done at 2024? 12 years down the road...:doh:

ixxx
30-08-12, 18:38
I think it was mentioned before somewhere that ERL will be a 2 year lag behind TSL.
then that will be much better, hope so

howgozit
30-08-12, 18:43
I think it is more to manage the logistical and manpower requirements. It is planned to be overlapped... but of course this may be changed... LTA has already indicated that the ERL is facing some challenges... so... you may be right about the 5year lag afterall...

then that will be much better, hope so

mkl22
30-08-12, 19:14
I would think that the resource used for dtl3 would be used for erl. So it means construction will only start in 2017. Likewise the dtl1 is almost complete and they can start on the northern sector of the tsl.

radha08
02-09-12, 20:18
possible UPPER EAST COAST Station location at the reserve site...in YELLOW

http://www.ura.gov.sg/mp08/map.jsf?goToRegion=SIN

kane
02-09-12, 22:58

then the announcement should be 2 years later.

Adva181
02-09-12, 23:10

There is a shortage of resources lately esp workers with so much BTO n infrastructure projects.

kane
03-09-12, 01:20
There is a shortage of resources lately esp workers with so much BTO n infrastructure projects.

everything build at the same time will result in a severe overcapacity when all the projects are over.

radha08
03-09-12, 12:55

time to...:sleep::sleep::sleep:

eng81157
03-09-12, 13:02
everything build at the same time will result in a severe overcapacity when all the projects are over.

if singles are allowed to buy BTOs, you can be sure that there will definitely be an UNDER-supply and prices shoot through the roof

latour
18-09-12, 14:14
ERL is on the map on the revamped LTA website. The line is there, so confirm, its a matter of where are the stations now.

http://www.lta.gov.sg/content/ltaweb/en/public-transport/projects/easter-region-line.html

eng81157
19-09-12, 09:27
eh.......that's not new. we already know for sure there's going to be an ERL

phantom_opera
19-09-12, 09:30
it is already 90% that ERL is going to interchange with DLT3 near the current Changi Depot so Tampines will have easy access to East Coast next time

Tampines Trilliant will be good for investment if that is the case, my friend bought a dual key

latour
19-09-12, 16:25
Thats why Tenah Merah, Simei, Tampines and Pasir Ris is so hot for some time already, Bedok and Bedok Res area also.

radha08
04-11-12, 13:20
any update on erl...:confused:..i am Sure somebody knows where stations going to be....:cool:...people in lta/sla...govt...:cool:

zeamybro
04-11-12, 16:20
http://i46.tinypic.com/24l6drl.jpg

http://i50.tinypic.com/2418pcj.jpg

This may not be something new to us. Tampines Central and Bedok Town Centre still regarded as the commercial centre/hub of the eastern region, as shaded in yellow in the ura planning model.

The next nearest commercial centre would be the Marine Parade Town centre where Parkway Parade is.

dtrax
04-11-12, 16:29
http://www.ura.gov.sg/conceptplan2001/images/STRUC3AB_big.jpg
Tier 1: Central Area
Tier 2: Regional Centres
Tier 3: Sub-Centres

zeamybro
04-11-12, 16:37
http://www.ura.gov.sg/conceptplan2001/images/STRUC3AB_big.jpg
Tier 1: Central Area
Tier 2: Regional Centres
Tier 3: Sub-Centres

Thanks... Can see clearly that there would be more land reclaimations along the east coast and tuas south areas

radha08
13-11-12, 22:26
the govt is so secretive about the erl...then just suddenly one day they will pop the news...:D

Noexit
14-11-12, 07:16
Anyway they had already announced that they had plan for this line am sure just a matter of time those station will be announced once the current DTL is almost to the final phase of completion. :sleep:

the govt is so secretive about the erl...then just suddenly one day they will pop the news...:D

radha08
14-11-12, 15:04
Anyway they had already announced that they had plan for this line am sure just a matter of time those station will be announced once the current DTL is almost to the final phase of completion. :sleep:

and then all east coast property will huat then come out more CM...then all kpkb...:doh::doh::doh:..singapore so exciting:D

Noexit
14-11-12, 21:46
haha that what Singapore Properties are so excited about :banghead:

and then all east coast property will huat then come out more CM...then all kpkb...:doh::doh::doh:..singapore so exciting:D

levittdub
27-12-12, 05:17
Soil testing is currently on-going at Bedok Food Centre at Bedok Corner. Very intensive work. 3 sites at the food centre, and 1 site across the road, in front of Fairmount.

Seems like there is a high chance for the Eastwood station to be just under the Food Centre.

repanse71
27-12-12, 14:40
are there HDB blocks at siglap?
please enlighten

Regards

repanse71
27-12-12, 14:47
are there HDB blocks at siglap?
please enlighten

Regards

Sorry, found it - postal code 450001 - 450004
Is this the likely place for MRT?

buttercarp
27-12-12, 19:09
These blocks are going to be demolished under SERS.

DC33_2008
27-12-12, 19:57
SERs might be coming towards the marine parade way soon.

buttercarp
27-12-12, 20:07
SERs might be coming towards the marine parade way soon.

Can share where you get this info, please?

Btw, back to Siglap...... will Siglap Centre remain or will it go too?

DC33_2008
27-12-12, 20:09
Look at Block 1 at Marine Terrace.
Can share where you get this info, please?

Btw, back to Siglap...... will Siglap Centre remain or will it go too?

buttercarp
27-12-12, 20:41
Look at Block 1 at Marine Terrace.

Oh that block!
My late granny used to stay there many many years ago.
I used to spend my weekends there as a child.
So it is going to go too?

radha08
27-12-12, 21:12
Soil testing is currently on-going at Bedok Food Centre at Bedok Corner. Very intensive work. 3 sites at the food centre, and 1 site across the road, in front of Fairmount.

Seems like there is a high chance for the Eastwood station to be just under the Food Centre.

Hmm...lets see

mkl22
29-12-12, 21:39
This one already guessed long time ago. With soil testing again. Lagi confirmed😛

Dragon31
08-01-13, 15:17
Anyone knows the exact or most probable location of the ERL at Bayshore??

radha08
14-01-13, 16:11
Anyone knows the exact or most probable location of the ERL at Bayshore??

haha thats like asking anyone knows what number coming out 1st prize this weekend 4d...:D :D :D

eng81157
17-01-13, 14:35
awww......no announcement of the ERL today

radha08
17-01-13, 14:57
dont worry coming soon...:spliff:

4wheels
17-01-13, 18:10

Wat announcement u waiting for?

radha08
17-01-13, 20:58
siao liao now got crl...the future of singapore lies in the hands of train drivers..:scared-1::D:D:D

kane
17-01-13, 22:14
that should help alleviate some of the jams on the road and in the trains. but i wish for the trains to be up sooner. the trains are really packed.

price
17-01-13, 22:53
siao liao now got crl...the future of singapore lies in the hands of train drivers..:scared-1::D:D:D
i thought all trains are automatic now

howgozit
17-01-13, 23:23
that should help alleviate some of the jams on the road and in the trains. but i wish for the trains to be up sooner. the trains are really packed.

This can be immediately solved by increasing the frequency of the trains.

It depends on how cost efficient they wanna be.

If they are willing to be less cost efficient (not to the point of being unprofitable) this problem can be eased.

minority
18-01-13, 01:45
This can be immediately solved by increasing the frequency of the trains.

It depends on how cost efficient they wanna be.

If they are willing to be less cost efficient (not to the point of being unprofitable) this problem can be eased.

It depends on the signaling system. U can't increase it beyond pt of safety .

howgozit
18-01-13, 05:34
It depends on the signaling system. U can't increase it beyond pt of safety .

Of course, lah.....

eng81157
18-01-13, 08:35
i think the announcement will come after the dust settles and property prices stabilize

proper-t
18-01-13, 09:14
If their intention is really to moderate prices, then they should announce it now whilst cm7 is still fresh in the minds of potential buyers. With the uncertainty surroundng the cm, at least they know that the news will not cause a sudden bump in prices of properties along the ERL.

If they wait until cm7 has died down, they run the risk of ERL properties causing the ppi to edge up again when they annouce it.

eng81157
18-01-13, 09:21
If their intention is really to moderate prices, then they should announce it now whilst cm7 is still fresh in the minds of potential buyers. With the uncertainty surroundng the cm, at least they know that the news will not cause a sudden bump in prices of properties along the ERL.

If they wait until cm7 has died down, they run the risk of ERL properties causing the ppi to edge up again when they annouce it.

maybe, maybe not?

announce then people start cheonging and speculating. remember developers were already putting imaginary MRT locations into their brochures for D15/16 developments once upon a time.

proper-t
18-01-13, 09:33
maybe, maybe not?

announce then people start cheonging and speculating. remember developers were already putting imaginary MRT locations into their brochures for D15/16 developments once upon a time.

Yah but whilst cm7 is still fresh and its impact unknown, people will be less inclined to go in now rather than later.

If they wait much later until cm7 is old news and the mkt is at a stalemate, such an announcement might be the catalyst to cause a spike in demand.

eng81157
18-01-13, 09:57
Yah but whilst cm7 is still fresh and its impact unknown, people will be less inclined to go in now rather than later.

If they wait much later until cm7 is old news and the mkt is at a stalemate, such an announcement might be the catalyst to cause a spike in demand.

we assume people will be less inclined to jump into the property market. but didn't we thought so too with the previous CMs?

we can also argue that any announcement will be a catalyst, regardless the timing of which. now, wait for the heat to simmer and time the announcement with the next economic or property boom - it's also a viable option

proper-t
18-01-13, 11:02
we assume people will be less inclined to jump into the property market. but didn't we thought so too with the previous CMs?

we can also argue that any announcement will be a catalyst, regardless the timing of which. now, wait for the heat to simmer and time the announcement with the next economic or property boom - it's also a viable option

yup, but from the oth thread on cm7 etc, one of the possible underlying reason why ERL stations not announced first is pretty clear.

Laguna
18-01-13, 12:17
yup, but from the oth thread on cm7 etc, one of the possible underlying reason why ERL stations not announced first is pretty clear.

sori lah!
not clear to me ....