PDA

View Full Version : Basics of condos

chanys
14-07-10, 05:16
Hi all,

Is there a website where I can learn several basic stuffs; e.g. what is plot ratio, gross floor area, how do these affect the number of units that can be built and the maximum height of buildings, what is strata-title, etc.

Please don't flame me if these have been asked and answered before; I did try to google around and search but can't really find anything.

Many thanks,
learning...

august
15-07-10, 00:21
Hi all,

Is there a website where I can learn several basic stuffs; e.g. what is plot ratio, gross floor area, how do these affect the number of units that can be built and the maximum height of buildings, what is strata-title, etc.

Please don't flame me if these have been asked and answered before; I did try to google around and search but can't really find anything.

Many thanks,
learning...
Plot ratio is the ratio used to calculate the Gross Floor Area (GFA) of a plot of land.
e.g. Land size (plot size) = 100,000 sqft. Plot ratio = 2
Therefore GFA = 100,000 sqft x plot ratio 2 = 200,000 sqft
A developer will theoretically be able to build up to 200 units of 1,000 sqft in size.

proud owner
15-07-10, 00:50
Plot ratio is the ratio used to calculate the Gross Floor Area (GFA) of a plot of land.
e.g. Land size (plot size) = 100,000 sqft. Plot ratio = 2
Therefore GFA = 100,000 sqft x plot ratio 2 = 200,000 sqft
A developer will theoretically be able to build up to 200 units of 1,000 sqft in size.

also to add ... Plot ratio will determine how high it can go ..

Latio
15-07-10, 15:27
Now then I know...
Cheers