PDA

View Full Version : Future CDL launch at Sengkang Ave West/Fernvale Link (99LH)

wesing
21-07-10, 16:10
Just found out from the CDL website that in the pipeline is a 99 LH condonimium project at Sengkang Ave West/Fernvale Link comprising 475 units.

From the newspaper, the next CDL launch this year after 368 Thomson seems to be the 642 units project at Pasir Ris Grove (beside Livia).

Any idea when will this Sengkang project launch which is only near to a LRT station (Layar). Quite a ulu location but if CDL can sell-out Treehouse in a jify, I think this project should be easier especially at a lower and more reasonable psf.

devilplate
21-07-10, 16:20
Just found out from the CDL website that in the pipeline is a 99 LH condonimium project at Sengkang Ave West/Fernvale Link comprising 475 units.

From the newspaper, the next CDL launch this year after 368 Thomson seems to be the 642 units project at Pasir Ris Grove (beside Livia).

Any idea when will this Sengkang project launch which is only near to a LRT station (Layar). Quite a ulu location but if CDL can sell-out Treehouse in a jify, I think this project should be easier especially at a lower and more reasonable psf.

i tink price at 700-750 will expect sell out...since EC will be priced at 650psf

the quartz oredi hit above 800psf...and almost break 900psf!!!!

63 Compassvale Bow #15-28
99 Yrs From 18/04/2005
$891
$950k
02 Jul 10
53 Compassvale Bow #05-07
99 Yrs From 18/04/2005
$898
$1073k
17 Jun 10

wesing
21-07-10, 16:44
The Quart is very near to the MRT but this is only near to a LRT.

But looking at the pricing developer put up for new projects, it is not surprising for it to be launched above $900 psf. This is because since it is new, it should be the same or even more x than Quart right?

21-07-10, 17:18
I think $800++ psf, as this one is fronting Sungei Punggol, can try selling as "waterfront" living. The government has put in great efforts to clean up and beautify the canal. The area ia already boarded up and they should be starting on building the showflat

But in my opinion, compass heights because of location is still superior.

The Quart is very near to the MRT but this is only near to a LRT.

But looking at the pricing developer put up for new projects, it is not surprising for it to be launched above $900 psf. This is because since it is new, it should be the same or even more x than Quart right?

teddybear
21-07-10, 17:25
"waterfront"? :scared-1:
Scare become under-water world if the sungei punggol overflow! :scared-3:

I think $800++ psf, as this one is fronting Sungei Punggol, can try selling as "waterfront" living. The government has put in great efforts to clean up and beautify the canal. The area ia already boarded up and they should be starting on building the showflat

But in my opinion, compass heights because of location is still superior.

devilplate
21-07-10, 18:18
"waterfront"? :scared-1:
Scare become under-water world if the sungei punggol overflow! :scared-3:

sentosa worse...tsanami...all gone:D

axela_3
03-08-10, 13:52
Actually, the quartz has already broken the 900 mark. One of the units was sold at 920psf but the strange thing was that the caveat was not lodged.

i tink price at 700-750 will expect sell out...since EC will be priced at 650psf

the quartz oredi hit above 800psf...and almost break 900psf!!!!

63 Compassvale Bow #15-28
99 Yrs From 18/04/2005
$891
$950k
02 Jul 10
53 Compassvale Bow #05-07
99 Yrs From 18/04/2005
$898
$1073k
17 Jun 10

03-08-10, 14:20
Watchout for esperina, the EC by Frasers just opposite quartz. it shd further boost up quartz prices.

Actually, the quartz has already broken the 900 mark. One of the units was sold at 920psf but the strange thing was that the caveat was not lodged.

15-09-10, 17:30
work being done on the showflat,which is facing the river, looks like gearing for a 4th Q maybe November launch.

This would probably appeal to those who miss / are not egilible for Esparina (consolation price). :o

blackfire
14-10-10, 21:57
This project is nearer to The Greenwich than the Quartz. The Greenwich is a better comparison, only that Greenwich has retail units.

fooblackie
15-10-10, 09:16
work being done on the showflat,which is facing the river, looks like gearing for a 4th Q maybe November launch.

This would probably appeal to those who miss / are not egilible for Esparina (consolation price). :o

Cannot compare Esparina vs this project at all though Esparina is a EC. Cos Esparins's best selling point is that it is literally at the doorstep of a MRT station.

To me, the location at Fernvale is a dead-end. The only thing it is near to is Jalan Kayu where you can eat to your heart's desires - roti prata i mean.

Other than that, this part of Seng Kang is as ulu as you can get. The LRT station is about 15 min ride away from SK mrt (5-6 LRT stops)

Water-front living? .. it is not exactly facing or next to the "water" area....

15-10-10, 09:46
Location wise i think greenwich is better, plus this part of sengkang going to be quite congested when all the HDBs are up. But there will be a flow over to Greenwich becos of the retail component, good or not :beats-me-man:

This project is nearer to The Greenwich than the Quartz. The Greenwich is a better comparison, only that Greenwich has retail units.

15-10-10, 09:58
I just compared esparina to this project becos they are new and launching/ abt to be launced at the same time and ard the same area.

Actually a better comparision would be rivervale crest. Near to LRT station and also a number of stops to sengkang mrt. Also near to a nearbyhood mall, although a bigger one....

Actually the fernvale area was presently like what the rivervale area was in the earlier days.

Anyway, developer shd not preview this until the awful stench is removed.

Cannot compare Esparina vs this project at all though Esparina is a EC. Cos Esparins's best selling point is that it is literally at the doorstep of a MRT station.

To me, the location at Fernvale is a dead-end. The only thing it is near to is Jalan Kayu where you can eat to your heart's desires - roti prata i mean.

Other than that, this part of Seng Kang is as ulu as you can get. The LRT station is about 15 min ride away from SK mrt (5-6 LRT stops)

Squall8888
15-10-10, 10:00
Sengkang has always been cold. Even after so many years, it is the same. The same old saying that more businesses will be there when more residents stay there is crap.

Location wise i think greenwich is better, plus this part of sengkang going to be quite congested when all the HDBs are up. But there will be a flow over to Greenwich becos of the retail component, good or not :beats-me-man:

15-10-10, 10:18
In honesty there has been quite a number of developments, amenties that has spring up in the recent number of years for this area. Much improved from the early days.

Sengkang has always been cold. Even after so many years, it is the same. The same old saying that more businesses will be there when more residents stay there is crap.

Squall8888
15-10-10, 10:47
To each his own then. One can verify by driving around or taking LRT one round :)

In honesty there has been quite a number of developments, amenties that has spring up in the recent number of years for this area. Much improved from the early days.

mightyleftfoot
15-10-10, 11:08
Good luck to buyers for this one. This one not even in the league of Livia. Although Livia has got no LRT, MRT, it is near expressways and near town centre.
:tsk-tsk: :tsk-tsk:

blackfire
15-10-10, 15:07

The location is not that ulu. If you drive, it is actually nearer to CTE than the rest of Sengkang area. It is also near to SLE, TPE and KPE. It is also relatively near to Yio Chu Kang Rd, whereby you are able to drive to Ang Mo Kio, Seletar, Serangoon North, Serangoon Garden and Serangoon Central much faster than other parts of Sengkang.

Most likely the selling point for this development would be again the Seletar Aerohub, apart from the waterfront living. I think this would be the nearest condo to the Aerohub.The problem is that if you need public transport the location is not very convenient.

fyi, the Jalan Kayu stretch has changed alot since, it's now not only serve good roti prata, but also one of the best pizza and buffalo wings, and pubs.

blackfire
15-10-10, 15:42

Greenwich location is better in the sense that it is more or less surrounded by landed, whereas Fernvale is closer to the HDBs. Greenwich is nearer to CTE and Yio Chu Kang Rd, but it is further from KPE, TPE and SLE. Greenwich no LRT, whereas Fernvale has a LRT station right at the doorstep.

15-10-10, 16:22
Actually sengkang quite conveniently served by the expressways you mentioned, i remember last time there was only 1 road into this place (sengkang east road, i think)
How things have progressed.

Greenwich location is better in the sense that it is more or less surrounded by landed, whereas Fernvale is closer to the HDBs. Greenwich is nearer to CTE and Yio Chu Kang Rd, but it is further from KPE, TPE and SLE. Greenwich no LRT, whereas Fernvale has a LRT station right at the doorstep.

cl0ver
15-10-10, 22:30
i've been living in fernvale for more than 5 yrs.
gone were the days where it was nice a quiet...
so many hdbs coming up so i do expect it to get congested.....
good thing is my hdb has doubled in price..

this condo is actually next to the river and LRT. It is also near the Anchorvale CC where it has the hockey stadium, swimming complex and 24hr McDs, etc..
in terms of amenities, there will be choices of Fernvale Point, Greenwich V in future, Compasspoint... and many eateries at Jalan Kayu...

there are already jogging path along the river which will become a park connector to the future Punggol 21...
also, Fernvale Link will be the new access road leading out to TPE.

There will also be a fruit farm nearby...
within 1km of Nan Chiau Primary....

Squall8888
15-10-10, 23:14
As I said, just drive/walk/take LRT around. Jalan Kayu has more than food there. As to 'what else' is there, you have to do your homework.

16-10-10, 21:29
unfortunately this site will be >1km from nan chiau primary so unable to even get a balloting chance. :scared-3:

i've been living in fernvale for more than 5 yrs.
gone were the days where it was nice a quiet...
so many hdbs coming up so i do expect it to get congested.....
good thing is my hdb has doubled in price..

this condo is actually next to the river and LRT. It is also near the Anchorvale CC where it has the hockey stadium, swimming complex and 24hr McDs, etc..
in terms of amenities, there will be choices of Fernvale Point, Greenwich V in future, Compasspoint... and many eateries at Jalan Kayu...

there are already jogging path along the river which will become a park connector to the future Punggol 21...
also, Fernvale Link will be the new access road leading out to TPE.

There will also be a fruit farm nearby...
within 1km of Nan Chiau Primary....

blackfire
16-10-10, 23:40
unfortunately this site will be >1km from nan chiau primary so unable to even get a balloting chance. :scared-3:

It is still within 2km from Rosyth Primary. So start volunteer works for the school since the travel journey is not that far.

Aceman
09-12-10, 12:13

well, I am not too sure about that...but i do know...a 3+1 Rivervale Crest was 435K in 2007 and its now around 780K...definitely dont sound the same to me.

gohsoonk
09-12-10, 15:57
Based on economics, it is true. When there is people, there will be businesses. When there is demand, there will be supply.

18-12-10, 19:38
The showflat and the road leading to this appears ready but really so quiet, wonder how CDL going to sell this considering the existing options (esparina, greenwich, austville .....) all already push out? :beats-me-man:

terence
20-12-10, 14:48
Personally i think if its for own stay, its fine. If for investment, might be tougher compared to Greenwich area.
Boils down to pricing, if its cheap, grab!

devilplate
20-12-10, 15:14
Personally i think if its for own stay, its fine. If for investment, might be tougher compared to Greenwich area.
Boils down to pricing, if its cheap, grab!

how cheap is cheap?

Regulators
20-12-10, 15:34
these days agent will tell you 1k psf is cheap for a suburban project near mrt. everyone seems to be rushing to buy new projects, i dont really see much point when these projects will eventually be considered old few years down the road. people like going to new things but really no point paying that kind of premium.

how cheap is cheap?