PDA

View Full Version : Viva Vista (D5, Freehold, Oxley)

Pages : [1] 2

richwang
24-07-10, 00:12
The combined place of Village Shopping Center and the car park. Any one got more details?

Thanks,

bargain hunter
24-07-10, 00:17
interestingly the combined names of "viva" and "vista" projects too. :D sorry, no details to offer yet, the name was just so strikingly unoriginal.

The combined place of Village Shopping Center and the car park. Any one got more details?

Thanks,

august
25-07-10, 15:53
Viva Voom
Vava Voom

:o

rattydrama
25-07-10, 16:34
Commercial and residential, 10 min to mrt. $1350 to $1500 psf. Any comments?

august
25-07-10, 16:51
which developer?

devilplate
25-07-10, 17:17
MM again:hell-hath-no-fury:

rattydrama
25-07-10, 21:04
which developer?
Heard was oxley. Who are they? They have one project over at shanghai road.

Also is the stretch of shop house infront of this project to stay or?

rattydrama
25-07-10, 21:06
MM again:hell-hath-no-fury:
Yea mmmmmmmm, too few around this area.

august
25-07-10, 21:24
Heard was oxley. Who are they? They have one project over at shanghai road.

Also is the stretch of shop house infront of this project to stay or?

boutique developer

think they did suites@guillemard

Sinclone
11-08-10, 04:40
Brought to you by PropertyLaunch.sg

http://www.propertylaunch.sg/images/pasirpanjang/logo.jpg

Viva Vista @ Pasir Panjang

http://www.propertylaunch.sg/images/pasirpanjang/main2.jpg

Located in former Pasir Panjang Cold Storage
A New Village in the making, A Distinctive Landmark
An Excellent Location, Good Return Investment to Embark on

5 Storeys with 134 Residential units and 106 units of Shops
consist of 1, 1+Study, 2 bedrooms, Penthouse units and Commercial Shops

Sizes for Residential
1 bedroom: 323 to 485 sqft
1+study: 463 sqft
2 bedroom: 528 sqft
Penthouses: 635 to 1077 sqft

Sizes for Commercial Shops
Ground Floor Shops: 130 to 345 sqft
Basement Shops: 119 to 463 sqft

A new rare and exciting launch coming your way in Pasir Panjang. Viva Vista located at the where Pasir Panjang Village is. Consist of 134 units and residential comprising of 1, 1+Study and 2 bedrooms. Together with 106 units of commercial shops in 2 level. This property is definitely a hit and will be hot for the retail shops or the residential units. Prices for residential starts from $5xxk onwards. Very afforable and rare in the west. Call us ASAP for Booking!

Located in highly sought after District 05 Pasir Panjang Village Area
Outstanding location at the very fringe of the City
Impressive large development with commercial and residential units
Modern Glassy Facade that will be prominent in the location
Excellent attractive price development to suit your investment needs
Highest Investment Return Location in Pasir Panjang
Freehold development, Good Efficient layout
Good excellent unblock view to the surrounding vicinity
Unblock West coast seaview for units facing west coast
Close Proximity to Kent Ridge Park and Clementi Woods
Excellent Superb Quality Contemporary interior finishes and fittings
Adequate large 2 level shopping area providing plenty of shopping needs
Good Location with hugh opportunity for Commercial shop rental
Purchase of multiple adjencent retail shops to provide for Supermarket, Banks and other big space commercial needs
10 mins walk to Upcoming Pasir Panjang MRT Station
5 mins drive to Biopolis, One-North and Fusionpolis
7 mins drive to Sentosa Integrated Resort and Theme Park
7 mins drive to Vivocity shopping and entertainment mall
15 mins drive to Orchard, CBD and Marina IR
Close promixity to One North and New Clementi Mall
Close proximity to Future Jurong Gateway - CBD in the west
Close proximity to Japanese Kindergarten and Secondary School
Close proximity to many Institutes - NUS, NTU, SP, Ngee Ann
Enjoy loads of greenery with Kent Ridge Park and Southern Ridge outside your home and Clementi Woods, Mount Faber and West Coast Park close by
Many Amenities and Eateries within 1 km of Development
Easy access to Major Expressway, AYE
Great potential once Jurong Business hub and Pasir Panjang MRT is ready
Highly rentable and popular location among expatriates
High Capital appreciation and Rental Yield

Please call Developer Sales Team at 6100 8090 for enquiries.

for preview registration, brochures and floorplans,
please visit Viva Vista Here (http://www.propertylaunch.sg/Viva%20Vista.php)

Register yourself for all new projects updates and information in PropertyLaunch.sg - Your Singapore New Launch Property Resource and Info Site.

wesing
11-08-10, 09:12
OMG:doh: 2 bedders only 528 sq ft:doh: smallest 1 bedder only 323 sq ft:doh: Seems like Pasir Panjang is being transformed into the Guillemard of the West:D

isaaclim
11-08-10, 09:50
This development is really a joke. I think garment is going to have new ruling soon..!

bargain hunter
11-08-10, 10:01
if i m not wrong, there is only one 2 bedder and that 52 sq m includes PES AND POOL. :doh:

devilplate
11-08-10, 11:02
5xxk up? psf will be 1500-1600psf.....

is this project really walkable to haw par or pp mrt?

plan
11-08-10, 11:06
Anyone has the floor plans?

hyenergix
11-08-10, 13:03
Here http://www.propertylaunch.sg/Viva%20Vista.php

Very hot n odd layout; most units either face east or west. The major Pasir Panjang Road has a lot of heavy vehicles and traffic lights. Ever since the PSA wharf was expanded and the highway was built, the entire area has changed for the worse. The only thing that saves the area is the MRT.

wesing
11-08-10, 13:35
All tiny winnie units:doh: But then sure sell out wan even in 7th lunar month:D

august
11-08-10, 13:38
5xxk up? psf will be 1500-1600psf.....

is this project really walkable to haw par or pp mrt?

smack in between pasir panjang & haw par mrt LOL

wesing
11-08-10, 13:51
How come the units got big bomb shelters whose size are bigger than the toilet:doh:

vipersiao888
11-08-10, 16:21
Jesus, don't think its suitable even for couples, let alone with 1 kid. Just came back from Jakarta. Despite prices shooting up in the last few years, a 2 bedder condo with full facilities, about 1000sqf (good location) only cost SGD100K plus. The only downside is the stability of govt, potential earthquake danger and safety consideration.:scared-3:

devilplate
11-08-10, 16:33
The only downside is the stability of govt, potential earthquake danger and safety consideration.:scared-3:

these downside risks r too big a risk to take:scared-3:

vipersiao888
12-08-10, 13:46
these downside risks r too big a risk to take:scared-3:

Yes agree with you totally. But the price disparity is way too big, ie. 1 is to 100, meaning a S$1 mil condo in Singapore (same size, comparable location) will only cost S$100k in Jkt.:doh:

devilplate
12-08-10, 16:16
Yes agree with you totally. But the price disparity is way too big, ie. 1 is to 100, meaning a S$1 mil condo in Singapore (same size, comparable location) will only cost S$100k in Jkt.:doh:

when its too cheap...nobody wants also

tats y we still see indo buyers in sg

wesing
12-08-10, 16:44

I think you got your maths wrong:doh: If S$1 million in SG cost S$100 in JKT, only 1 is to 10:D Where got 1 is to 100:tongue3:

applelemon
13-08-10, 22:19
Can buy buy investment? Pls advise

maisonjai
13-08-10, 23:31
Just came back from Jakarta. Despite prices shooting up in the last few years, a 2 bedder condo with full facilities, about 1000sqf (good location) only cost SGD100K plus. The only downside is the stability of govt, potential earthquake danger and safety consideration.:scared-3:

yesterday i dropby a showflat at Senopati 'CBD' condo, 90% sold out. S$580k for 2 bedder 133sqm, pay up within 24mth less 20%, 60mth less 2%. On top of this nett price u need to pay some taxes that add up to abt 7%. Bank loan if u are able to obtain is 6% yr. If u planning to buy a holiday home there ok lah. For investment, SGD100k condo can it appreciate faster than the 6%? :beats-me-man: . When u sell there are tax to pay & agent commission.

For mass condo, i asked a local it doesn't come with wardrobe & kitchen cabinets, living room tiles only, sound like a hdb? Now i understand why indo buy properties here, ROI so much higher.:)

august
13-08-10, 23:54
Can buy buy investment? Pls advise

how much is the psf ?

applelemon
14-08-10, 07:06
how much is the psf ?
1600 psf. Is it worth the investment?

august
14-08-10, 11:26
1600 psf. Is it worth the investment?

i find the size really too small ...

rattydrama
22-08-10, 15:42
Went to the site 3 times and yesterday managed to take a look at the show flat. There are more agents than buyers when I was there yesterday.

Walking to MRT (Haw Par Villa) is like 7 min but under shade so should be fine.

I realized that Super Market (Cold Storage) will not be there anymore because cannot meet certain requirements set by NEA (waste disposal issue) due to the size of the land. This will mean that there is NO anchor tenant.

The layout is also not fantastic, seems like no cross ventilation.

Carpark (mechanical parking) is limited. So who will want to visit the commercial place if parking is so few? Rental price will face some resistance.

Since not suitable for family, this project is purely just for investment. However, there isnt much facilities available.

The pool is just 25m, all the inner units facing each other seems so near.

Investor might want to take note of this.

apple3
23-08-10, 01:09
Went to the site 3 times and yesterday managed to take a look at the show flat. There are more agents than buyers when I was there yesterday.

Walking to MRT (Haw Par Villa) is like 7 min but under shade so should be fine.

I realized that Super Market (Cold Storage) will not be there anymore because cannot meet certain requirements set by NEA (waste disposal issue) due to the size of the land. This will mean that there is NO anchor tenant.

The layout is also not fantastic, seems like no cross ventilation.

Carpark (mechanical parking) is limited. So who will want to visit the commercial place if parking is so few? Rental price will face some resistance.

Since not suitable for family, this project is purely just for investment. However, there isnt much facilities available.

The pool is just 25m, all the inner units facing each other seems so near.

Investor might want to take note of this.

Heard from someone commercial unit going at 3300psf, is that true?

rattydrama
23-08-10, 08:51
Quoted by agent just a while back. Basement $2700psf 1st sty $3000psf indicative.

rattydrama
23-08-10, 15:40
heard from Huttons Agent it is 90% sold. Left few 1 bed and penthouses.

gn108
23-08-10, 15:46
Sorry but is this for Phase 1 or they released all units?

heard from Huttons Agent it is 90% sold. Left few 1 bed and penthouses.

applelemon
23-08-10, 21:11
Sorry but is this for Phase 1 or they released all units?
All units released at once...

Wild Falcon
24-08-10, 12:08
MM did it again! I think all developers should start selling MM from now on since there seems to be insatiable demand :p

gn108
24-08-10, 12:12
I wonder if there is demand for MM in places like Pasir Panjang.
Sure there is commercial units but where is the buzz?
Single, young and above-average earners wld be your profile for renting these MM - can't see them enjoying themselves at PP Whlsale market.

devilplate
24-08-10, 12:16
I wonder if there is demand for MM in places like Pasir Panjang.

market has prove itself...u ask those 100+ doggyhole buyers y they buy lor...hehe

their $...who cares:D

sfwoo
24-08-10, 15:31
market has prove itself...u ask those 100+ doggyhole buyers y they buy lor...hehe

their $...who cares:D
I guess if I am single, I may buy MM unit.
As it is, I have a big family and a dog, MM's are out, even if wanna leave to the children, at least 2 bedders...

devilplate
24-08-10, 15:48
I guess if I am single, I may buy MM unit.
As it is, I have a big family and a dog, MM's are out, even if wanna leave to the children, at least 2 bedders...

so those MM buyers r mostly singles? hehe...it will be interesting for sm1 to compile the stats:D

propertychap
24-08-10, 16:23
Just came back from the showroom. Agent told me 90% sold with a couple of penthouses and 1 bedrooms left. The response is so good given that yesterday was the preview. The commercial units are not launched yet.
Is the location good? Given that there are not many shops around that area and that this development has commercial units within it, may show promise for capital appreciation in time to come?

devilplate
24-08-10, 16:33
Just came back from the showroom. Agent told me 90% sold with a couple of penthouses and 1 bedrooms left. The response is so good given that yesterday was the preview. The commercial units are not launched yet.
Is the location good? Given that there are not many shops around that area and that this development has commercial units within it, may show promise for capital appreciation in time to come?

it is due to low savings int rate and quantum....every1 at most can only buy 1 HDB...

getting more and more singles...even marry liao mostly dunwan kids or at most 1 kid...mabe govt one day will give 100k baby bonus? haha...if tat happens, MM units will be left empty and dry:p

stalingrad
24-08-10, 17:06
so those MM buyers r mostly singles? hehe...it will be interesting for sm1 to compile the stats:D

most buyers are probably investors with families. they want to be land lords, and their targets are expats on short contracts.

rattydrama
24-08-10, 21:17
I went there, din see single around, more like investors. Very tempted to buy one and keep but think twice again. I guess at 600k most pple can swallow.

Well, saw an advert today for West Bay 99LH, 936 sq ft, S$710 psf, so its around 650k. Also D5 project but not around PP road but West Coast Crescent nearer to NUS = rental.

You decide.

If Im old and single, I think will stay old folks home - those like holiday camp type (anyone think of starting one??) and being served by all the health care professionals.

jencrs
24-08-10, 21:59
If Im old and single, I think will stay old folks home - those like holiday camp type (anyone think of starting one??) and being served by all the health care professionals.20 yr old female health professionals in bikinis? sign me up.

rattydrama
24-08-10, 22:10
20 yr old female health professionals in bikinis? sign me up.
why not?? great men think alike. living in mm will be in a miserable state. should live silver age to the fullest.....

applelemon
24-08-10, 23:10
Heard the whole row of shop units facing south nouns vista road was bought by a grey haired uncle. Purchase px is 8-9 million.

Wild Falcon
24-08-10, 23:16
Sorry to disappoint you - no hot babes or drool-worthy hunks. Every time any condo launch, the crowd is usually the middle-aged investor type :) It's like everytime you see a Porsche or Ferrari, the guy who walks out is almost-guaranteed an ah pek.

jlrx
25-08-10, 02:11
MM did it again! I think all developers should start selling MM from now on since there seems to be insatiable demand :p

http://www.premiumgiftservice.com/images/mickey-mouse-head-2.jpg

hyenergix
25-08-10, 07:24
The area used to have pubs. If the pubs were to be located under the residences, then it will be noisy at night due to music, chattings, and maybe occasional fights. There will also be many cars due to shoppers. This is not ideal for own-stay unless you really like the vibrancy.

proud owner
25-08-10, 11:15
The area used to have pubs. If the pubs were to be located under the residences, then it will be noisy at night due to music, chattings, and maybe occasional fights. There will also be many cars due to shoppers. This is not ideal for own-stay unless you really like the vibrancy.

instead of investing in this condo ..perhaps an existing condo nearby or the landed there is a better choice ...

cos they now have newer amneities ....

and yet away from the noise, crowd etc etc ..and walking distance only ..across the road ..

devilplate
25-08-10, 11:19
instead of investing in this condo ..perhaps an existing condo nearby or the landed there is a better choice ...

cos they now have newer amneities ....

and yet away from the noise, crowd etc etc ..and walking distance only ..across the road ..

yo bro...missing out ur action lately:D

err..we r back to the topic of 'better buy resale condo/HDB/landed nearby instead of new launches':D

proud owner
25-08-10, 11:24
yo bro...missing out ur action lately:D

err..we r back to the topic of 'better buy resale condo/HDB/landed nearby instead of new launches':D

hahhah miss me ah ?

spent a few days at Hampton ... admiring those seafront , 1-2 acre = 44,000 to 88,000 sqft landed ...house 3000-10000 sqft , private beach ...

wow lau nuar ....

saw a lot of celebrities there ...also lau nuar

about this vista whatever .. so small unit .. you know i am not a fan of MM mah .. so i would buy the existing older, bigger FH condo/landed there ...dont you think they will be 'lifted' up by this new condo ? with amenities .. just across the street .. so convenient .. and yet not crowded at your door step and not noisy

just a thought lah ... for people here to consider

devilplate
25-08-10, 11:30
hahhah miss me ah ?

spent a few days at Hampton ... admiring those seafront , 1-2 acre = 44,000 to 88,000 sqft landed ...house 3000-10000 sqft , private beach ...

wow lau nuar ....

about this vista whatever .. so small unit .. you know i am not a fan of MM mah .. so i would buy the existing older, bigger FH condo/landed there ...dont you think they will be 'lifted' up by this new condo ? with amenities .. just across the street .. so convenient .. and yet not crowded at your door step and not noisy

u also making me lau nuarrrr:cool-punk-headbange

high psf MM launches dun have much effect on the surrounding bigger units...in the first place, those who bot MM units due to its 4xx-5xxk quantum

proud owner
25-08-10, 11:33
u also making me lau nuarrrr:cool-punk-headbange

high psf MM launches dun have much effect on the surrounding bigger units...in the first place, those who bot MM units due to its 4xx-5xxk quantum

u like that say i lagi scared of MM units

meaning the mkt is supported by people who cannot really afford big units ..

if shit hits the fence .. all these not rich owner how ?

aiya i dun care already

they buy, they support the mkt .. push up surrounding projects .. all happy

devilplate
25-08-10, 11:39

aiya i dun care already

cant tell the buyer's profile....too many assumptions liao...mabe their budget can stretch to 1mil..but decide to play safe and buy 5xxk instead?
my main concern is those salaried paid buyers stretching max 80% loan regardless of the types of ppty they bot....

stalingrad
25-08-10, 11:51

aiya i dun care already

home sales tanked in july in the US. the number dropped 27 plus percent from a year ago. the sky is falling. It seems real estate is a big loser in the US. Rober shiller argued yesterday that real estate has always been a loser, earning 1% returns after inflation per year over 50 years.

it is the opposite in Singapore. our people buy up whatever shitty projects that developers have dished out at whatever prices they charge. morons!!! those that practice propertism are biggers morons.

gn108
25-08-10, 12:15
Got bigger family = bigger unit
Got more crap to store = bigger unit
Got phobia about 4 walls closing in = bigger unit

I think these MM pricing will eventually affect the land price.
Also there is a en bloc tender near Haw Par for a 16-unit aptm block.
This will also peg the value of land for Pasir Panjang.

hahhah miss me ah ?

wow lau nuar ....

devilplate
25-08-10, 12:16
Got bigger family = bigger unit
Got more crap to store = bigger unit
Got phobia about 4 walls closing in = bigger unit

I think these MM pricing will eventually affect the land price.
Also there is a en bloc tender near Haw Par for a 16-unit aptm block.
This will also peg the value of land for Pasir Panjang.

cfm become MM:doh:

gn108
25-08-10, 12:29
Agree. But if got investor willing to pay 500k for 350 sf or $1400 psf, then developers will do what the public wants and yet give them the highest profits. MM units!

Pender Court went for 1k ppr - so whatelse can grow out of that plot? MM units!

So bigger families better earn big salaries to buy bigger units or better still don;t have families and just remain single or a couple with no kids.

richwang
25-08-10, 15:16
home sales tanked in july in the US. the number dropped 27 plus percent from a year ago. the sky is falling. It seems real estate is a big loser in the US. Rober shiller argued yesterday that real estate has always been a loser, earning 1% returns after inflation per year over 50 years.

it is the opposite in Singapore. our people buy up whatever shitty projects that developers have dished out at whatever prices they charge. morons!!! those that practice propertism are biggers morons.

My friend who escaped the financial crasis in 2008, and captured the big rebounce in 2009 is now buying US property. He says you can even get 50% discount by paying full cash.

If my son is going to study in US in 2 years' time, I will sell my Singapore property and buy US - maybe too late by then.

Thanks,
Richard
PS. I really think we should have an area to discuss overseas property for Singaporeans.

bargain hunter
25-08-10, 22:46
unlike the 07 bull, this bull started with hdb as the base. so quantum below 1.5m is popular and snapped up. if shit hits the fence, "$ quantum risk of loans to banks" is "manageable" as a whole. but maybe too bad for individual owners, depends on whether they just bought one or multiple units liao.

aiya i dun care already

proud owner
25-08-10, 23:00
unlike the 07 bull, this bull started with hdb as the base. so quantum below 1.5m is popular and snapped up. if shit hits the fence, "$ quantum risk of loans to banks" is "manageable" as a whole. but maybe too bad for individual owners, depends on whether they just bought one or multiple units liao.

on that note .. we mustnt forget 80 pct of population lives in HDB

if 25 pct of them 'upgrade' to condo, which are the same size, if not smaller, and taking commercial loans ..

when things crap out .. 25 pct potentially can create a big mess ...

devilplate
25-08-10, 23:06
on that note .. we mustnt forget 80 pct of population lives in HDB

if 25 pct of them 'upgrade' to condo, which are the same size, if not smaller, and taking commercial loans ..

when things crap out .. 25 pct potentially can create a big mess ...

any ppty will not be spared...those projects experience the biggest gain will have the biggest fall too

jlrx
25-08-10, 23:29

This sounds like the following article in which the writer worked out numerically that property investment didn't make any economic sense.

http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn211/jlrx_bucket/SpeculatorsLoseMoneySoCurbThem19810.jpg

http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn211/jlrx_bucket/Classfieds19810831.jpg

‘You open the map. If you can’t see the place (because it’s too small) but only the name, that’s the place to invest in…Singapore and Hong Kong are the best examples.’ - Ng Teng Fong

devilplate
25-08-10, 23:36
I heard stories about Ng Teng Feng....

ppl say he is crazy to pay high price for enbloc and land sale....but he say: if i submit a lower bid and miss it, i will nvr be able to buy tat piece of land in future

mr funny
26-08-10, 01:38
http://www.businesstimes.com.sg/sub/suite/story/0,4574,400889-1282679940,00.html?

Published August 24, 2010

Over 80% of Viva Vista's shoebox units snapped up

MORE than 80 per cent of the 144 residential units in Oxley Holdings' Viva Vista were snapped up during the project's preview yesterday - indicating that there is still strong demand for small, or shoebox, apartments.

The sizes of the units in the project along South Buona Vista Road range from 323 sq ft to 1,076 sq ft, with the bulk being just shy of 400 sq ft.

Oxley Holdings said that the average transacted price was $1,450 per square foot (psf) while the absolute price started from about $520,000.

The project also has more than 100 commercial units which are yet to be sold.

Market watchers said that affordable and shoebox units continue to be popular with buyers, which could have prompted Oxley to go ahead with the launch of Viva Vista even as most developers hold back their sales activity this month - the seventh month in the lunar calendar.

Last month, 400 out of 468 units were sold in Hong Leong Group's The Scala, accounting for a quarter of July's total sales volume.

Analysts cited the project's affordable pricing tagged to its mainly small units (around $985,000 for a 839-sq-ft two-bedroom unit) as one of the reasons behind the good showing.

The popularity of shoebox units first spiked in 2009. A study by property consultancy CB Richard Ellis in October 2009 showed that small apartments have become more common.

The firm looked at caveats lodged between January and September 2009 and found that 412 new non-landed residential units measuring 500 sq ft or less had been sold - 38 per cent more than the 299 sold in the whole of 2008.

In 2006 and 2007, 171 and 275 such apartments were sold respectively.

noblebaby
26-08-10, 10:15
big apple there still ok lerr...

noblebaby
26-08-10, 10:22
then sell cheap cheap to those who missed the boat :spliff:

cant tell the buyer's profile....too many assumptions liao...mabe their budget can stretch to 1mil..but decide to play safe and buy 5xxk instead?
my main concern is those salaried paid buyers stretching max 80% loan regardless of the types of ppty they bot....

proud owner
26-08-10, 10:29
big apple there still ok lerr...

i think you must have read the article in spore papers that NY props are picking up ....

honestly, i have been here for over a yr ... and have been tracking the prices ...

i was quite surprised with that article

cos i dont see prices here going up alot ...

noblebaby
26-08-10, 10:39
to me if not go down then is considered up liao.

if the entire states go down, i suggest u better come back.

i think you must have read the article in spore papers that NY props are picking up ....

honestly, i have been here for over a yr ... and have been tracking the prices ...

i was quite surprised with that article

cos i dont see prices here going up alot ...

proud owner
26-08-10, 10:42

theres a term called plateau ....

also the first home buyer credit did help pushed sales numbers up but since its expiry ... sales dropped again ...as evident in the latest numbers

proud owner
26-08-10, 10:44

hahah

actually i wish for it to come off ... so i can rent an even bigger better unit

noblebaby
26-08-10, 10:47
but still... DJ refused to fall... :mad:

Geithner must be fired! :simmering:

theres a term called plateau ....

also the first home buyer credit did help pushed sales numbers up but since its expiry ... sales dropped again ...as evident in the latest numbers

noblebaby
26-08-10, 10:48
haha. i knew u will say that. :D

hahah

actually i wish for it to come off ... so i can rent an even bigger better unit

proud owner
26-08-10, 10:54
[quote=noblebaby]haha. i knew u will say that. :D

i love those prewar brownstone townhouse ...really quaint

and the loft units ...down at soho , tribeca ...gorgeous

those modern Lofts in spore just cant come close

devilplate
26-08-10, 10:55
collaspe of currency will happen soon?:scared-3:

will SGD ever collaspe?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Singapore_dollar

Monetary Authority of Singapore (http://forums.condosingapore.com/wiki/Monetary_Authority_of_Singapore) (MAS) against a concealed basket of currencies of Singapore's major trading partners and competitors. This in theory allows the Singaporean government to have more control over imported inflation and to ensure that Singapore's exports remain competitive. All issued Singapore dollar currency in circulation is fully backed by international assets to maintain public confidence.

concealed basket!

noblebaby
26-08-10, 10:59
likely... then we can go to states to visit proud owner :D

collaspe of currency will happen soon?:scared-3:

proud owner
26-08-10, 11:03
likely... then we can go to states to visit proud owner :D

if usd weakens ... its inflationary

imagine 1 usd now you can get a coke

once weakens ... you need to pay 1.5 usd (example) to get that same coke

thats inflation

so you may end up paying more for the same item

devilplate
26-08-10, 11:07
noblebaby is implying tat $1SGD=$100USD in future...:D

noblebaby
26-08-10, 11:07
its not our problem wat, we r in Singapore haha. :D

if usd weakens ... its inflationary

imagine 1 usd now you can get a coke

once weakens ... you need to pay 1.5 usd (example) to get that same coke

thats inflation

so you may end up paying more for the same item

noblebaby
26-08-10, 11:08
u vry understand me. :D

noblebaby is implying tat $1SGD=$100USD in future...:D

proud owner
26-08-10, 11:11
its not our problem wat, we r in Singapore haha. :D

:tongue3: :sleep: leow
speak tomorrow

bargain hunter
26-08-10, 14:48
hutton's agent updated: left with only 8 units of 1 bedrooms and few Penthouses

hetongshi
30-08-10, 13:32
Hi, I'm a greenhorn to pte ppty, just booked a mm in Viva Vista. Orginal plan is to buy a condo for own stay and rent out my HDB when. But made a hasty decision to buy viva and intend to rent out instead cos too small already. With the new measurement, is it better to cancel my booking and pay 25% of the booking fee, about 8k and look out for bargain buy or should I hold on to it.
:confused:

hyenergix
30-08-10, 14:32
Hi, I'm a greenhorn to pte ppty, just booked a mm in Viva Vista. Orginal plan is to buy a condo for own stay and rent out my HDB when. But made a hasty decision to buy viva and intend to rent out instead cos too small already. With the new measurement, is it better to cancel my booking and pay 25% of the booking fee, about 8k and look out for bargain buy or should I hold on to it.
:confused:

The major mistake is to buy a MM for own stay. If you can hold (subject to the new property ruling), just keep it for rental and don't waste the 8k. Medium to long term property price should still go up.

hetongshi
30-08-10, 15:14
Expect TOP in 2015 only, I'm thinking to let go the 8k and wait for better opportunity and bargain. Cos currently market at it's Peak, thinking 5 years down the road, with the new measurement there will be more supply and lesser demand, and buyer/tenant will have more choices, price might not go up, then my money will be stuck for 5 years or even longer.

patricia
30-08-10, 15:20
Expect TOP in 2015 only, I'm thinking to let go the 8k and wait for better opportunity and bargain. Cos currently market at it's Peak, thinking 5 years down the road, with the new measurement there will be more supply and lesser demand, and buyer/tenant will have more choices, price might not go up, then my money will be stuck for 5 years or even longer.
I totally agree with you. Save your ammo for future use. Why tie youself up with the current uncertainity. $8K is a small price to pay.

happily13
30-08-10, 16:31
The major mistake is to buy a MM for own stay. If you can hold (subject to the new property ruling), just keep it for rental and don't waste the 8k. Medium to long term property price should still go up.

I think you should hold it till TOP if you have the holding power. The TOP should be around 2014. The new measures, TLV 70%, stamp duty 3 years etc will only affect OTP on and after 30 August. You have already OTP right? I have also brought a unit there.

hetongshi
30-08-10, 16:39
Think I'll be subject to the 3yr stamp duty, cos haven't exercising the option yet, deadline is 6 Sep. If I hold on to it, I will not have spare cash to buy for own stay, if the market goes down.

u bought which stack?

happily13
30-08-10, 17:36
Oh, I see, if not yet OTP, then you are subjected to the new policies. I do see the rental potential in that area..becos by 2014, one-north will be a "happening" place, :)

I brought those facing the landed ppties, away from the shopping mall, below is carpark though. What about you?

devilplate
30-08-10, 18:30
Think I'll be subject to the 3yr stamp duty, cos haven't exercising the option yet, deadline is 6 Sep. If I hold on to it, I will not have spare cash to buy for own stay, if the market goes down.

u bought which stack?

u got ur loan done oredi? if not subject to 70% ltv

devilplate
30-08-10, 18:35
if u tink price gona crash just based on such policies, the answer is NO....may see a slight price correction of 5-10% in near term, u also may not be able to fish out such deals anyway....

with such policies, it actually means sustainable longer term price growth such as to be in line with our GDP

now i find no incentive at all to time the market oredi.....the cost of selling and buying back later is simply too high....AND i nvr get to sell at PEAK b4....seller's remorse is perm and it will always be there until the day comes:scared-1:

so guys, tink twice b4 u sell ur ppty now

hetongshi
30-08-10, 19:56
Mine is facing the pte ppty (south buona vista rd), think we got the same stack leh...so coincidental! Are u my agent? hahaha

hetongshi
30-08-10, 20:02
apply UOB for 80%, approved olredi, according to the banker, for loan it'll be base on the OTP issued date and not the exercise date, but the stamp duty part is hit.

Still considering...

devilplate
30-08-10, 20:12
apply UOB for 80%, approved olredi, according to the banker, for loan it'll be base on the OTP issued date and not the exercise date, but the stamp duty part is hit.

Still considering...

tats gd news for those just committed before today and haven got a bank loan....but...my banker say differently...the bank LO must be oredi out by yesterday wor...those on the process of getting the bank loan(LO not out yet) will be subjected to 70% ltv if applicable

hetongshi
30-08-10, 20:56
I applied UOB and OCBC, both said for OTP issued before 30/8/10 will not be affected....Hope don't hear bad news from them tomorrow though....

applelemon
30-08-10, 21:51
Otp signed before 30 aug will not be affected. I called my lawyer abt this

happily13
31-08-10, 08:25
Mine is facing the pte ppty (south buona vista rd), think we got the same stack leh...so coincidental! Are u my agent? hahaha

So we have good "views", :) . I am not agent lah. BTW, my agent said will earn around 1% of our buying price. I heard of cases where it is possible to negiotiate with the agent to push the buying price down so that he earn less than 1%. Is this true? Will the price really increase after the preview?

U taking which loan package? SOR or variable? UOB and OCBC are SOR...hmmm not stable?

hetongshi
31-08-10, 08:34
Really, agent will never suggest want lah....if I knew earlier I will shop for agent liao hahaha...

still pondering, cos I bought on impulse....that launched day,read the preview on propertguru, called the agent, she asked me to go down and view the showflat, on the same day booked the unit, all happen in less than 4hrs...now scare...

learnt my lesson now....as this is my first investment in ppty

hetongshi
31-08-10, 08:36
ya lor...asked these 3 to quote..they are offering the same for uncompleted unit...aiyah..think got no time to ask ard other bank..

which one you took?

happily13
31-08-10, 08:44
Not sure whether can "shop" for agent, I thought the price is "fixed" by the developer for new launches. Unless for resale, can negotiate...anyone can advice?

Which loan package is good now? I am still considering now.... :2cents:

applelemon
31-08-10, 10:02
I told agent to split his commission with me if i buy. The most attractive is HSBC. Sib +0.9, sib+0.8 and sib +0.7

Not sure whether can "shop" for agent, I thought the price is "fixed" by the developer for new launches. Unless for resale, can negotiate...anyone can advice?

Which loan package is good now? I am still considering now.... :2cents:

happily13
31-08-10, 10:11
Oh, so the agent agreed to it? :banghead:

hetongshi
31-08-10, 10:45
I also:banghead: :banghead:

plan
31-08-10, 10:48
I told agent to split his commission with me if i buy. The most attractive is HSBC. Sib +0.9, sib+0.8 and sib +0.7

Saw MayBank advertisment in ST today...
Sibor + 0.5%, not sure what is the subsequent terms.
Is that better than HSBC?? Anyone has details?

devilplate
31-08-10, 10:48
jus let agt earn lor...if not, u may not even get ur 1st choice unit:D

applelemon
31-08-10, 11:31
try to hold on. There is a queue waiting to take over viva units which are not 'exercised' by buyers. I personally know of one uncle wanting to buy a 1 bedder

u bought which stack?

applelemon
31-08-10, 11:33
He said ok. 50 50. I called maybank. That's for first year only. 2nd and 3rd year rates are not competitive. The best I feel is STD chart for Greenwich v but the package is only for scala and greenwich buyers...

applelemon
31-08-10, 11:41
Maybank rates

50th Anniversary V1 : Variable Rate Package 1 (2 years lock-in) :
******* Interest Rate**
Year 1* 0.80% pa (SRFR less 2.95% pa)**
Year 2* 1.68% pa (SRFR less 2.07% pa)**
Year 3* 2.28% pa (SRFR less 1.47% pa)**
Thereafter***** Private: 3.25% pa (SRFR less 0.50% pa) ; HDB: 2.6% pa (SRFR less 1.15%)
50th Anniversary V2 : Variable Rate Package 2 (2 years lock-in) :
******* Interest Rate**
Year 1* 1.30% p.a. (SRFR less 2.45% p.a.)******
Year 2* 1.88% p.a. (SRFR less 1.87% p.a.)******
Year 3* 2.38% p.a. (SRFR less 1.37% p.a.)******
Thereafter***** Private: 3.25% p.a. (SRFR less 0.5% p.a.) ; HDB: 2.6% pa (SRFR less 1.15%)*****
50th Anniversary F3 : 3 Year Fixed Rate Package (3 years lock-in) :
******* Interest Rate**
Year 1* 0.88% p.a. ****
Year 2* 1.90% p.a. ****
Year 3* 2.30% p.a. ****
Thereafter***** 3.25% p.a. (SRFR less 0.5% p.a.) ******
50th Anniversary F5 : 5 Year Fixed Rate Package (5 years lock-in) :
******* Interest Rate**
Year 1* 0.88% p.a. ****
Year 2* 2.00% p.a. ****
Year 3* 2.25% p.a. ****
Year 4* 2.50% p.a.*****
Year 5* 2.50% p.a.*****
Thereafter***** 3.25% p.a. (SRFR less 0.5% p.a.) ******
50th Anniversary SIBOR : 3 Month SIBOR Package (1 year lock-in) :
******* Interest Rate**
Year 1* 3 M SIBOR + 0.50% p.a.*
Year 2* 3 M SIBOR + 1.00% p.a.*
Thereafter***** 3 M SIBOR + 1.25% p.a.*

** Minimum loan amount NOT less than $100,000 for prevailing loan packages
** For investment property, there will be an additional loading of 0.25% for the first 3 years

applelemon
31-08-10, 11:43
HSBC

(1) *Fixed Rate Package

Packages quoted below are for properties with Loan to Value (LTV) less or equal to 80% of Purchase Price or Valuation Price, whichever is lower.

A) Standard * (Min loan amount: $500,000)
Packages 2 years Fixed rates package 3 years Fixed rates package
Lock-in period * 2 years 3 years
Y1 *1.80% (Fixed) 1.99% (Fixed)
Y2 *1.80% (Fixed) 1.99% (Fixed)
Y3 *3m SIBOR + 1.25% 1.99% (Fixed)
Thereafter *3m SIBOR + 1.25% 3m SIBOR + 1.25%

B) With Mortgage Protector *(Min loan amount: $500,000)
Rates will be better if Mortgage Protector is taken up together with the mortgage loan.
Packages 2 years Fixed rates package 3 years Fixed rates package
Lock-in period * 2 years 3 years
Y1 *1.75% (Fixed) 1.94% (Fixed)
Y2 *1.75% (Fixed) 1.94% (Fixed)
Y3 *3m SIBOR + 1.25% 1.94% (Fixed)
Thereafter *3m SIBOR + 1.25% 3m SIBOR + 1.25%

applelemon
31-08-10, 11:44
HSBC sibor pegged

2) SIBOR-Pegged Package
Enjoy peace of mind of knowing that your interest rates reflect prevailing market conditions. It is pegged to the 3-month Singapore Inter-bank Offer Rate (3-months SIBOR), a published rate that is available in The Business Times. The SIBOR is easily accessible, and moves in tandem with market conditions, thereby providing greater transparency to customers.

Under our SIBOR-pegged loyalty package, customers are entitled to 10% off interest rate spread in the 2nd and 3rd year. *Thereafter, the low interest rate spread will be maintained throughout the remaining loan tenor. *The reducing component is the interest rate spread. *The 3-month SIBOR is still subject to market movements.

Packages quoted below are for properties with Loan to Value (LTV) less or equal to 80% of Purchase Price or Valuation Price, whichever is lower.
Packages For Completed Properties
(Sibor-pegged Loyalty Package)
Lock-in period No lock in
Y1 3m SIBOR + 0.9%
Y2 3m SIBOR + 0.8%
Y3 3m SIBOR + 0.7%
Thereafter 3m SIBOR + 0.7%

SIBOR refers to Singapore Interbank Offer Rate for SGD as published in the Business Times on the first business day of the month. *As at 1st July 2010, 3-month SIBOR is 0.55958%.

applelemon
31-08-10, 11:48
STD chart Greenwich promo

sib+0.75 for three years . No lock in somemore

devilplate
31-08-10, 11:52
STD chart Greenwich promo

sib+0.75 for three years . No lock in somemore

these r special package...

last time UOB provide SOR+0% till TOP for waterbank with no lock-in

applelemon
31-08-10, 12:19
Envy envy;)

Condorich
31-08-10, 19:17
Expect to have some return units :)

devilplate
31-08-10, 19:20
Expect to have some return units :)

all this while: new launches got returned units....some for waterbank and scala as well

hetongshi
31-08-10, 19:26
hm...:simmering: .tot of returning too but my agent dissuade me, saying good location, good rental but...too bad cannot for own stay...if hold on,have to wait pretty long then can stay in condo liao...:(

applelemon
31-08-10, 19:57
HSBC
It's 3m sibor + 0.75% for 1st 3 yrs (no lockin) T/a, 3m sibor +1%
there will be one time free conversion upon TOP.

There will be returned units. Singles reaching 35 , who want to buy hdb flats will return the units.

hetongshi
31-08-10, 20:38
After reading so many post in this forum, seems like it will be a wiser choice for me to forgo my 8k at Viva vista....Maybe can get a 2bdm at NV residences for own stay instead of have to wait long long for rental yield at this uncertain market......:spliff2:

hetongshi
31-08-10, 20:40
Will break this news to my agent tomorrow.....:o

rattydrama
31-08-10, 21:40
Ya visited the show flat three times, drove along the area many times and come to the conclusion to miss this project cos feel it is 50/50 chance. You may read my earlier post on viva vista.

amk
31-08-10, 22:13
since u have already made up your mind, I can share with you what I thought abt this.

... sorry to say , this project is a total BS. u should have returned the option regardless. luckily there are these new policies that helped you to make the decision easier.

$1500 at Pasir Panjang, tiny shops nobody wants, major noisy roads, no real facilities. MM. Really purely for *speculators*. Dun join the game.

scsc
31-08-10, 22:52
jog past the showroom 2nd time this 2 weeks...

there are many other (new & old) projects along the stretch, but mm on a spot where nearest mrt is still a sweaty walk...

buy if u could visualise yrself staying there for a minimum of 1 year:sleep:

proud owner
01-09-10, 00:24

ok pal

i have a landed in that arae..

its a nice area to LIVE .. but if you have kids , now or later ... its not a good location .. NO PRIMARY SCH within 1 km at all

u have to consider this

so your MM unit is purely a bachelor pad ..

these renters will come and go .. but the MM unit will forever be a bachelor pad ..not for family .. its too small

like i said before why pay above 1200 psf for a tiny unit to target just singles ?

for below 1000 psf you can get FH , bigger units of 2-3 bedroom across the road or nearby

devilplate
01-09-10, 00:26
After reading so many post in this forum, seems like it will be a wiser choice for me to forgo my 8k at Viva vista....Maybe can get a 2bdm at NV residences for own stay instead of have to wait long long for rental yield at this uncertain market......:spliff2:

did u view some units at Parc imperial b4 u decide to book a unit at VV?

if so, i wonder y u choose to buy VV instead...

devilplate
01-09-10, 00:28
ok pal

i have a landed in that arae..

its a nice area to LIVE .. but if you have kids , now or later ... its not a good location .. NO PRIMARY SCH within 1 km at all

u have to consider this

so your MM unit is purely a bachelor pad ..

these renters will come and go .. but the MM unit will forever be a bachelor pad ..not for family .. its too small

like i said before why pay above 1200 psf for a tiny unit to target just singles ?

for below 1000 psf you can get FH , bigger units of 2-3 bedroom across the road or nearby

he only willing to spend 5xxk

proud owner
01-09-10, 00:56
he only willing to spend 5xxk

well then VV is not an ideal location to spend that 500k ...

applelemon
01-09-10, 07:32
Well well. Every project has its own meritS and discounts. Who knows tessarina in bukit timah will have serious flooding issues when it was first launched?

hetongshi
01-09-10, 08:00
no lah, my budget was initially 600-700k 2bd for own stay, but act on impulse, from knowing the project to booking the unit, just 4 hours lor....very sotong...

called my agent, she really discourage me leh...said shld look at 5 yrs later, sell and make some profit... but very long lei...

hetongshi
01-09-10, 08:02
when down Parc Imperial to view the 389sqft last week after I booked, very small loh...cannot lah... just wardrobe only got headache liao....

hetongshi
01-09-10, 08:09
Just me and my hubby lah..no intention to have kids...But hor..that unit 606k 1560psf, in future really can make meh, rental according to the agent abt 2.2k-2.5k.

So where got good price for VVIP preview, the surrounding area got cheaper units, like maylea.

agent ask me hold, make a 20k then sell and she'll keep a lookout for me to buy my 2bd condo for own stay then rent out my 5rm HDB. Telling me I am very lucky, booked the unit befer 30Aug, loan not affected.

Guys, please advise. OTP deadline is 6Sep.

Help!!!!:scared-2:

hetongshi
01-09-10, 08:54
Before that purchase, I'm actually lookin to buy one in D12,13 near mrt near my bros and mum.

Any good buy in these areas?

rattydrama
01-09-10, 09:06
wow you very direct leh. But that is the feeling I got too! .....difficult to have upside.

since u have already made up your mind, I can share with you what I thought abt this.

... sorry to say , this project is a total BS. u should have returned the option regardless. luckily there are these new policies that helped you to make the decision easier.

$1500 at Pasir Panjang, tiny shops nobody wants, major noisy roads, no real facilities. MM. Really purely for *speculators*. Dun join the game.

rattydrama
01-09-10, 09:10
Before that purchase, I'm actually lookin to buy one in D12,13 near mrt near my bros and mum.

Any good buy in these areas?

D13 is good, got upside. there are good schools around and lands yet to be developed.

You go check it out.

Wait and see for the price to stablised and go......must have money to standby else, talk so much also no use.

rattydrama
01-09-10, 09:18
I love property since very young age but no $$ and dare not to throw all I have. I have waited and miss the boat twice until 10+ years later where there is a 20% correction. I bought last year FH big units in D5, big 3 bedder in today’s standard. So you have to be patience. I know some guys are better than I am in terms of property investment but I have no regrets cos I am not belonging to those jump into it and cannot recover back the $ after 10 years and worrying about installments.

I also come to this conclusion LH 20 years does not suit my investment appetite unless in very good location, bou at low psf.

rattydrama
01-09-10, 09:30
I was told during my initial post, the indicative price quoted by agent for this project is 1500 psf for 1B and $1350 for bigger units (2B). Some said in this forum they bou at $520K for 1 bedder. This work out to be $1340 psf for 1 bedder 388sq sf. If my assumption is correct, I think not many investors are interested in this project.

Can some owner verify this?

The reason for agent to hold you back is they will get more commission. And at this current market, is it still easier for them to sell the return units? No one knows. Right now, the investors are staying aside and to the small developer, as long as the profit target met, sell. FEO is the only exceptions.

hetongshi
01-09-10, 09:50
think 1340psf is those inner unit, pool facing, and most VV units have no cross ventilation.

Vote counts now is 6 is return, 2 is keep.

rattydrama= return
proudowner=return
devilplate=return
amk=return
patricia=return
SCSC=keep-if can stay for a year (I can't, can only rent out if keep), so return

happily13=keep
applemon=keep

rattydrama
01-09-10, 09:57
You decide hor, sicali government make another announcement and all private shot up again. :ashamed1:

happily13
01-09-10, 10:00
Hey hetongshi, my situation is similar to urs, hubby and I, no kids, stayed in 4-room HDB flat.

U ve to decide this yourself..based on ur current situation...not on our comments...no regrets later, :)

hetongshi
01-09-10, 10:10
no worries, won't hold ur all for anything lah...just some kind thoughts from you guys, I was just trying to make some fun out of this...:cheers1:

hetongshi
01-09-10, 10:17
better keep my money to buy for own stay, thinking what for buy new condo let others stay, might as well I stay condo and rent out my HDB.

So now must accumulate more saving liao...

amk
01-09-10, 10:30
wow you very direct leh. But that is the feeling I got too! .....difficult to have upside.
hetongshi, I'm really sorry.. I thought u already decided so I was a bit direct. hope no hard feelings.

This project was really to capitalize on the mkt sentiment. $1600 psf used to be for Cainhill just a few yrs back! Singles renting outskirt is a totally untested market. Do you want to be the pioneer to test it out, with a 5y horizon ? MM near town still has a point, as single swinging angmos like it (who cares abt facility ? have SPGs and drinks nearby good enough already). What in this area is attractive to singles ? Nothing. Lecturers from NUS or engineers from science park etc all will be decent families. Not the type looking at MM.
Dun worry abt the new rules. To be very honest, at most 70% for 2nd loan should be the way. One should not stretch too much. In fact with the new policies, all signs pointed to a cooling down of market. Small developers (the kind doing MMs) may even have to reduce price if they dun have holding power. I won't be surprised they will dangle a 2% carrot now.
More over, look at yourself, are you a pure "investor" i.e. speculator, buying something with no intention to stay whatsoever ? Or you are looking at something that, in case cannot sell, just stay in it ? If you are the latter, you should buy something that you will stay for yourself comfortably at least. There are lots of 2bds ard, at much lower psf, even in the same area.
one last thing, do not ever listen to the agent selling u the pty. Of course they will try to convince you to buy.

stalingrad
01-09-10, 10:36
think 1340psf is those inner unit, pool facing, and most VV units have no cross ventilation.

Vote counts now is 6 is return, 2 is keep.

rattydrama= return
proudowner=return
devilplate=return
amk=return
patricia=return
SCSC=keep-if can stay for a year (I can't, can only rent out if keep), so return

happily13=keep
applemon=keep

stalingrad=return and kick the agent.

hetongshi
01-09-10, 11:36
Amk, no worries I like frank comments. I already doubt my decision already, just want to collate more opinions.

Thank you so much and also no worries guys, will not hold you liable to anything.:cheers5:

Laguna
01-09-10, 11:50
Yes, ur right
Firstly, it is not possible to stay in a MM unit...
secondly, price consolidation has a downside of 5%
Thirdly : this is not a great location

But assessing the situation, the pent up demand will be slowly gathering force in two - three years, if the economy is doing well, then the price will still be on its uptrend

hetongshi
01-09-10, 12:25
I might as well pick a choice unit during this time, a mere 1% discount can recover the 8k loss and yet can stay and get rental from my 5rm flat.

devilplate
01-09-10, 12:28
I might as well pick a choice unit during this time, a mere 1% discount can recover the 8k loss and yet can stay and get rental from my 5rm flat.

not suggesting u to buy now...

however, from my point of view: u shd buy a resale/ready ppty to move in (within ur budget) and start collecting rent from ur HDB flat...take 3 or 5yrs fixed loan and happily enjoy the low interest rate for the next 3-5yrs.....HDB rental demand will always be there.....influx of immigrants will always be there:D

tats the biggest loophole and privilege for the fortunate ones....apparently, i really kiss goodbye to HDB flat:(

applelemon
01-09-10, 12:28
I thought if u hv hdb and condo, u must stay in hdb? Cannot rent out hdb?

better keep my money to buy for own stay, thinking what for buy new condo let others stay, might as well I stay condo and rent out my HDB.

So now must accumulate more saving liao...

devilplate
01-09-10, 12:30
I thought if u hv hdb and condo, u must stay in hdb? Cannot rent out hdb?

as i just said, tats the biggest loophole now!!!!

after MOP period, u can buy pte and stay in it and rent out ur HDB!

hetongshi
01-09-10, 12:45
lucky for me garment announce now, cos the next day after i booked, i called my agent about wrong decision, she told me i can sell my hdb now as prices is at peak, then buy another 1+1 or 2bd for own stay, keep mm for rental.

if not i lagi siao liao...

applelemon
01-09-10, 12:57
Hetongshi,

So u returning or keeping? How big is your mm? If u hv no kids, u can actually stay there with your hub. Freehold, mins walk fr mrt and mall downstairs.

hetongshi
01-09-10, 13:14
aiyoh, only 388sqft only...cannot lah, not meant for 2 pax, like I said earlier just the wardrobe cannot tahan liao... not enuff for my hubby clothings and not to mention mine.....2 person must at least 592sqft so ard 55sqm, abt the size of hdb studio flat for snr citizens.

It's quite impossible for 2 to stay in 388 lor..unless each only got 5 sets of clothings, 2 pair of shoes, one set of bedsheet....

hetongshi
01-09-10, 13:18
So if I don't keep, I just don't do anything, the developer will refund the balance 75% of the booking fee to me? Do I need to do anything??

scsc
01-09-10, 13:19
lucky for me garment announce now, cos the next day after i booked, i called my agent about wrong decision, she told me i can sell my hdb now as prices is at peak, then buy another 1+1 or 2bd for own stay, keep mm for rental.

if not i lagi siao liao...

get a pact: ask yr agent give u his/her commission for 3yrs security keep, exclusive deal to sell mm. If poorer rental or selling price down the road, then he/she gonna forfeit the secured commission.

The agent will probably ask u fly kite:tongue3:

hetongshi
01-09-10, 13:25
but hor, my agent seems very sincere...she said she aim for long term relationship with client rather than 1 off commission, ask me to trust her...but hor who can guarantee sure win, sekali......

Moreover, mm for rental is not my original plan lah...so pay 8k to learn not to act on impulse...

stalingrad
01-09-10, 13:59
but hor, my agent seems very sincere...she said she aim for long term relationship with client rather than 1 off commission, ask me to trust her...but hor who can guarantee sure win, sekali......

Moreover, mm for rental is not my original plan lah...so pay 8k to learn not to act on impulse...
they all look and sound sincere. I would too if my commissions are at stake.

bargain hunter
01-09-10, 14:28
i think they can hear u. soon they will plug this loophole..

as i just said, tats the biggest loophole now!!!!

after MOP period, u can buy pte and stay in it and rent out ur HDB!

hetongshi
01-09-10, 14:39
last time no build new 3rm flat hor, so no choice pick the 5rm since avail immed at that time. Now want to downgrade also difficult, 3rm for income <3k ,2nd timer only 5% chance in balloting, direct from HDB got to pay 45k levy.

3rm resale mkt age 25yrs and above loh.... how to buy and downsize....Basically my main purpose is to downsize rather than upgrade, must at least 600sqft...

Cleaning my 5rm flat for past 10yrs really no enuff liao, old liao no stamina,haha and just me and my husband, a waste of space.

hetongshi
01-09-10, 14:45
if hdbs allow me to buy new 3rm flat, I will not buy condo liao, keep the money, buy shares more liquid and flexible..

rattydrama
01-09-10, 14:49
My situation is same as you but mine bigger in size. Clean for 10 years until siao. So rent out 2 rooms for rental income and clan less. Now got kids and maid so situation slightly better. Actually plan to sell already got valuation but hor with this rule got stuck same as you.

last time no build new 3rm flat hor, so no choice pick the 5rm since avail immed at that time. Now want to downgrade also difficult, 3rm for income <3k ,2nd timer only 5% chance in balloting, direct from HDB got to pay 45k levy.

3rm resale mkt age 25yrs and above loh.... how to buy and downsize....Basically my main purpose is to downsize rather than upgrade, must at least 600sqft...

Cleaning my 5rm flat for past 10yrs really no enuff liao, old liao no stamina,haha and just me and my husband, a waste of space.

dormer
01-09-10, 14:50
So if I don't keep, I just don't do anything, the developer will refund the balance 75% of the booking fee to me? Do I need to do anything??

I have experienced to return my unit to developer when Lehman brother suddenly collapsed in October 2008.

It is better to write officially to the developer's lawyer before the exercise date informing them that you do not wish to exercise the option and how you want to receive the balance of the 75% of your deposit in your letter.

hetongshi
01-09-10, 15:05
So garment should look into this, cater for couple with no kids kind of policy mah, die die ask to buy at least a 4rm...

last time, wrote in to them....they said 3rm for lower income but the psf selling price abt the same wat, all subsided lor....

Im sick with cleaning liao, gotten a china part timer cleaner, also headache lor....

amk
01-09-10, 15:21
I concur with devil's idea: buy a 2bd condo ready to move in. then rent out HDB for rental income. big HDB very good to rent. plenty of demand. yield very high.

not meant to say buy immediately, but to look out for it.

and yes this is a very big loophole. try to do it before gov plug it.

hetongshi
01-09-10, 15:30
now die die cannot sell away hdb, for existing hdb owner think they will not say, think the most they can do is raise the MOP to 10yrs....

applelemon
01-09-10, 15:38
dormer,

did u regret returning? I actually wanted to return a unit in Telok Kurau and forfeit the 25 % which is abt 10k. I din in the end, 2 years later, I sold it and pocket $60k profit. Not much but better than losing 10k, I guess:p

dormer
01-09-10, 16:21
dormer,

did u regret returning? I actually wanted to return a unit in Telok Kurau and forfeit the 25 % which is abt 10k. I din in the end, 2 years later, I sold it and pocket $60k profit. Not much but better than losing 10k, I guess:p

I lost 15K that time but did not regret because I made back from buying stocks and pick up another property during the down time.

hetongshi
01-09-10, 16:28
wow, my agent really trying her best to dissuade me lor....best location lah..commercial units lah, all pte ppty there lah, said 3mths help me to sell then look for own stay...say FH npb sg land scare, ppty value will go up, don't waste 8k for nothing,blah blah blah... then I ask her if i don't want just don't go banker and lawyer is it.....think she's upset lor...but seem quite geniune...if only she's my sister, I'll believe her...

Now she's with another client...will call me again later....

Die liao, I very soft ear want lor.....:(

devilplate
01-09-10, 17:44
wow, my agent really trying her best to dissuade me lor....best location lah..commercial units lah, all pte ppty there lah, said 3mths help me to sell then look for own stay...say FH npb sg land scare, ppty value will go up, don't waste 8k for nothing,blah blah blah... then I ask her if i don't want just don't go banker and lawyer is it.....think she's upset lor...but seem quite geniune...if only she's my sister, I'll believe her...

based on ur previous threads...u wanted to shift into a smaller sized home preferably a condo

u obviously make a wrong decision by buying new launches.....u must be firm and really noe wat u want not unless u got lots of cash...and buy another one later....

buy resale now and dun have to do so much cleaning chores 3mths later:D

3yrs is a long wait....may ended up with endless sleepless nite:scared-1:

applelemon
01-09-10, 18:45
It's true that freehold land parcels are rare now. Look at the latest sites in reserve list. They are all leasehold.

devilplate
01-09-10, 18:51
It's true that freehold land parcels are rare now. Look at the latest sites in reserve list. They are all leasehold.

since duno when ...govt had stop selling FH land

FH land is definitely better den LH....BUT one has limited investment TIME HORIZON....SO, location still matters the most for me:D most impt is to choose the right project/location/price at tat point of purchase....buy ppty A instead of B or C...3-5yrs later....which one appreciates the most....

somemore no kids...who to pass the freehold ppty/landed to??? also gives back to AH GONG(govt) or ur siblins/uncle/auntie etc...haha:D

Condorich
01-09-10, 18:51

If you need help, read this -> http://forums.condosingapore.com/showthread.php?t=9065

Very long... but basically... MM units are a waste of time if you are not prepared to live in it.

8K is nothing lah... donate it to developer and catch the new sales which will be at least 3 to 5% cheaper in the short run.. and quite likely to up to 20% in the longer run (as reported in the news).

If you want to make your agent feel better... give her $500 as consolation money and be firm that you will not exercise the option.

Informing the developer early is good as developer may even counter offer or give u some discounts... or to put up the unit for sale to others quickly.

I would think that developer would give u some discounts if you inform them that you are very firm in NOT EXERCISING THE OPTION. Update us.

Condorich
01-09-10, 18:52
deleted due to duplication.

plan
01-09-10, 21:49
My view is that with the new ruling, it is in fact good news for private property with low quantum, e.g. mass market condos...

Reasoning being
Those HDB "X generations" who were buying and upgrading to mass/mid market condos are already staying well beyond their HDB's MOP...so this segment is not really affected at all.
They are not bound by the new ruling,
and continue to be ready pool of buyers for mass market condos...

Also, a segment of private property owners were buying into HDB resales as well for "investment/rental",
but with the new ruling, they can't buy resale HDB anymore...
they will have to instead start turning into buying private property for investment instead - especially those with lower quantum...
thus this renewed segment providing more support for mass market private property...

applelemon
01-09-10, 22:12
U hv a pt too

mcmlxxvi
01-09-10, 22:45
My view is that with the new ruling, it is in fact good news for private property with low quantum, e.g. mass market condos...

Reasoning being
Those HDB "X generations" who were buying and upgrading to mass/mid market condos are already staying well beyond their HDB's MOP...so this segment is not really affected at all.
They are not bound by the new ruling,
and continue to be ready pool of buyers for mass market condos...

Also, a segment of private property owners were buying into HDB resales as well for "investment/rental",
but with the new ruling, they can't buy resale HDB anymore...
they will have to instead start turning into buying private property for investment instead - especially those with lower quantum...
thus this renewed segment providing more support for mass market private property...

I belong to the latter case. Any sub 500k apt just TOP or TOP soon to recommend?

gfoo
01-09-10, 22:53
hetongshi - how old are you and is this money you can afford to lose?

applelemon
01-09-10, 23:15
Did u grab a unit a VV?[

QUOTE=mcmlxxvi]I belong to the latter case. Any sub 500k apt just TOP or TOP soon to recommend?[/QUOTE]

proud owner
01-09-10, 23:58

My agent friend in spore told me a 5 rm HDB , not sure where , was rented out at 3k ..

proud owner
02-09-10, 00:03
So garment should look into this, cater for couple with no kids kind of policy mah, die die ask to buy at least a 4rm...

last time, wrote in to them....they said 3rm for lower income but the psf selling price abt the same wat, all subsided lor....

Im sick with cleaning liao, gotten a china part timer cleaner, also headache lor....

sigh

where is your HDB ?

if you want pm me .. i recommend you my part time maid ..shes very good and efficient ..

she cleans my house 3600 sqft in 4 hrs .. shes been doing it for me for a while so she is very familiar with how she plans her 4 hrs .. and includes ironing ...

devilplate
02-09-10, 00:05
My agent friend in spore told me a 5 rm HDB , not sure where , was rented out at 3k ..

possible if located in places like tpy , queenstown

i personally noe 4rm flat near braddell mrt rented out at 2.5k, ff
another 4rm flat near boon keng mrt at 2.3k, ff
both within a mth ago

i wud expect hdb rental to inch up in 2011 bcoz many r afraid to illegally lock 1 rm and the new rulings which prevent pte owners from buying resale flats

with hdb rental increasing, PR may turn to buy instead...

applelemon
02-09-10, 06:58
room rental in Pinnacle@duxton alone is $700!

hetongshi
02-09-10, 08:43
Im 41, stays in Sengkang, 8k still can afford to lose.

If I buy this, will not have funds to buy another one even if I liquid my stocks unless I sell my hdb cos now 70+30, loan from bank for 2nd ppty left 200k-250k only.

If I let go to buy another one, I will have to liquid my stocks (loss 80k)then got enuff.

The main problem with VV is that if I keep, my original plan of living in condo don't work liao...too small, but yesterday discussed with my hubby, we are only comfortable with at least 600-650sqft to stay, my hdb 110sqm.

Maybe have to adjust my mindset, actually after seeing MM, it's actually not too bad to stay put in our flat. Excess of space is still better than shortage of space.

My hubby is very into FH lor...land is scare in sg..long term...he does not mind staying VV in fact like that area lor, suggested I throw away my clothing and other stuff so that can squeeze in..hahaha

He's an optimistic guy..."sky fall take it as blanket"..hahaha He say we're very lucky olredi we booked before the annoucement. If now let go and choose D13 2bd might not have enuff $ to buy...

We're not rich, my hubby is a cabby for a year, quitted his sales job. No good in share market, so I thinking to venture in ppty instead...

But hor...I blur blur, put myself in this situation lor...

Today must decide liao....

rattydrama
02-09-10, 09:38
Your hubby got a very valid reason to believe in FH private.

To strike a balance can look at long term. Base on your situation

1. sell your flat
2. take profit
3. stay with in law
4. accumulate cash
5. buy only FH in the next 6 months, good livable size 2 bedder with good location, 100m to MRT, dont rule out re-sale FH - maybe devilplate or some other forumer can say something as to which district to buy. My suggestion is to buy those with full condo facilities.
6. move to your ppty. rent out one room (full condo easier to rent out) in your private property to fund your installment, if situation call for.
7. 20 years later u will be in your 60s - assume the property price will increase since its a FH
8. sell your private ppty
9. take profit
10. down grade to studio apartment for senior citizen or maybe there is some kind of holiday camp for old citizen to stay due to aging population.

cheers

applelemon
02-09-10, 10:01
Hetongshi,

don't liquid sticks at 80k loss to purchase property. U are at the stage to start conserving wealth. U hv no kids hence financial commitment is not that high.

devilplate
02-09-10, 10:14
Hetongshi,

don't liquid sticks at 80k loss to purchase property. U are at the stage to start conserving wealth. U hv no kids hence financial commitment is not that high.

depends on wat stocks/paper u hold....some stocks will nvr go back to their original price

suddenly this words comes into my mind:

if u cannot suceed in speculating stocks/futures, PLS DUN speculate ppty! :cheers1:

gfoo
02-09-10, 11:07
Im 41, stays in Sengkang, 8k still can afford to lose.

If I buy this, will not have funds to buy another one even if I liquid my stocks unless I sell my hdb cos now 70+30, loan from bank for 2nd ppty left 200k-250k only.

If I let go to buy another one, I will have to liquid my stocks (loss 80k)then got enuff.

The main problem with VV is that if I keep, my original plan of living in condo don't work liao...too small, but yesterday discussed with my hubby, we are only comfortable with at least 600-650sqft to stay, my hdb 110sqm.

Maybe have to adjust my mindset, actually after seeing MM, it's actually not too bad to stay put in our flat. Excess of space is still better than shortage of space.

My hubby is very into FH lor...land is scare in sg..long term...he does not mind staying VV in fact like that area lor, suggested I throw away my clothing and other stuff so that can squeeze in..hahaha

He's an optimistic guy..."sky fall take it as blanket"..hahaha He say we're very lucky olredi we booked before the annoucement. If now let go and choose D13 2bd might not have enuff $ to buy...

We're not rich, my hubby is a cabby for a year, quitted his sales job. No good in share market, so I thinking to venture in ppty instead...

But hor...I blur blur, put myself in this situation lor...

Today must decide liao....

You seem to be overstretching. My advice is to let it go, as it's only a 8K hit. You need to prepare yourself that next year, there is a good likelihood for another global economic double dip. You are paying $1500-$1600psf for a locality where the median price is $900psf, and this is on the back of a peakish market. Some more tied down for 5 years.

hyenergix
02-09-10, 11:20
Although the MM unit in VV is not ideal, I suggest to keep it and rent out the HDB. When you grow older, you actually don't need so much space since maintenance is a pain. Downstairs is shops and swimming pool, very convenient for retirement. MRT is not too far away. Cost wise, it is in your favor:

Rent out 5-room HDB - $3000 p.m. rental.
Live in VV - $2000 p.m. for instalments and maintenance over 20 years.

You only live once, since your husband likes that area, then consider the $ spent as buying a dream for both of you.

stalingrad
02-09-10, 11:40
give up the stupid MM unit. You may regret in the short term, if and when prices move slightly higher, but in the long run,these MM units have nowhere to go but down. besides, the price you paid is way too high for this area.

hetongshi
02-09-10, 12:27
Hi Proud Owner,

Have pm you.

Thanks!

hetongshi
02-09-10, 12:37
calculated, 1560psf if go up 10% +156=1716*388=665,888-605,280(1560psf)=60,528-40000(2 SSD)=20,528 gain vs 7,566 penalty.

Next question, can go up 10% or not?

devilplate
02-09-10, 12:38
calculated, 1560psf if go up 10% +156=1716*388=665,888-605,280(1560psf)=60,528-40000(2 SSD)=20,528 gain vs 7,566 penalty.

only GOD knows

hetongshi
02-09-10, 12:39
agent said, she try to sub-sale for me, make a 20k then let go, dun waste the money..

hetongshi
02-09-10, 12:41
if only there's really a doraemon? haha!

devilplate
02-09-10, 12:42
agent said, she try to sub-sale for me, make a 20k then let go, dun waste the money..

put down in a form of contract lor....if cannot sell, she buy over?

hetongshi
02-09-10, 12:44
no leh...she nvr suggest lor... somemore she said she advise this as a friend not an agt

hetongshi
02-09-10, 12:46
20k not a lot, right? somemore dun know for how long then can make, maybe 3yrs later....

devilplate
02-09-10, 12:48
no leh...she nvr suggest lor... somemore she said she advise this as a friend not an agt

i may be wrong, BUT the agt might just MIA after u exercise:scared-1:

hetongshi
02-09-10, 12:52
pondering whether I take the risk of gaining the 20k or loss 8k no risk?

According to agt, that area big units a lot but small ones not many, and got rental demand from nearby sch, techno park and etc....She claimed the service apt there are usually full and renting at abt 3k and the owner will not sell rental yield is better than enbloc.

Any comments?

stalingrad
02-09-10, 13:00

as a friend? and you believe her? hope you don't.

devilplate
02-09-10, 13:00

According to agt, that area big units a lot but small ones not many, and got rental demand from nearby sch, techno park and etc....She claimed the service apt there are usually full and renting at abt 3k and the owner will not sell rental yield is better than enbloc.

Any comments?

if u deemed the layout and size suitable for both of u....den go ahead lor....buy house for self stay MUST BE HAPPY even when u lose $$$

sometimes intangible benefits overwhelms monetary benefits yay?:D

stalingrad
02-09-10, 13:01

Any comments?
3k for a MM unit? who is that moron?

vv is not even close to MRT!!

hetongshi
02-09-10, 13:14
Happily13 bought one too, maybe see what she say abt the purchase.

Happily13, where are you??

devilplate
02-09-10, 13:16
can i compare VV with siglap V?? both projects looks very similar other den the locations.

i prefer siglap V location more actually becoz of the nearby amenities....den leads me to ponder...y siglap V not fully sold BUT VV is almost fully sold(except for PH and mabe some potential returned units)

den i realised Siglap V prices from 600k....whereas VV from 5xxk!!! 100k difference does wonders:scared-1:

i am not implying tat siglap V is a gd buy hor....dun shoot me on tat:cheers6:

gfoo
02-09-10, 13:24
3K psf is $9psf rental...... muahahahaha

like that tenants might as well top up a coupla hundred more go for long term stay at merchant court hotel - no need to pay utilities and daily chamber maid service too

rattydrama
02-09-10, 13:34

like that tenants might as well top up a coupla hundred more go for long term stay at merchant court hotel - no need to pay utilities and daily chamber maid service too

icon max is 6psf hor, $9psf not yet caveated.

hetongshi,

May i suggest you look at your situation first, re-look at your previous posts again and decide what is best for you. Best, do a summary.

Hearing too much from an agent will confuse you.

I have spoken to many agents before and some agents are real sweet talker, make you very comfortable and give you all the best pictures. But dont forget you have to undertake all the risk yourself later on. Are you ready?

You cannot blame them thereafter so why listen to them?

Some of the forumers here are experienced investors or people with passion in property. It does not means that all have deep pockets to buy buy buy but I believe they follow the property market for almost all their life.

What about the agent you are referring?

devilplate
02-09-10, 13:35

Icon max only $7....

if VV can achieve $6 oredi quite a feat:rolleyes:

gfoo
02-09-10, 13:45
Icon max only $7....

The Sail get $7 already considered heng zipua. $9psf for VV? champion

rattydrama
02-09-10, 13:46
Icon max only $7....

wah rental for icon now being chased. btw, will u consider this project? I tot quite good since it top the rental price.

mcmlxxvi
02-09-10, 13:50
Icon max only $7....

Cosmo could achieve $6-7. 398sf was rented for 2.7k.

mcmlxxvi
02-09-10, 13:51
Did u grab a unit a VV?[

QUOTE=mcmlxxvi]I belong to the latter case. Any sub 500k apt just TOP or TOP soon to recommend?[/QUOTE]

VV is not going to TOP in at least 2-3 yrs.

hetongshi
02-09-10, 14:06
so if VV at 6psf, wat is the rental expected? sorry i new...

hetongshi
02-09-10, 14:09
oh i know liao...388*6=2328

hetongshi
02-09-10, 14:10
D13 The Acacias FH 1yr old, not bad, 1+1 657sqft 3 units only, no one selling lor...

gfoo
02-09-10, 14:13
i think many many people here have already given you their thoughts and advice. it's up to you to interpret them and act as you deem fit

amk
02-09-10, 14:14

dear hetongshi, really, how in the world did this agent manage to "plant" (aka "Inception") the idea of a "20k profit" into you ....? :scared-5:

what "risk" ?

you risk yourself a 500k loss now ! instead of a 8k lesson.

hetongshi
02-09-10, 14:37
Hi all,

Thank you everyone for sharing, I will say goodbye to VV....Rather pain a little bit now, coming mths will look out to buy one for own stay.... one FH and as long as i like and feel good about it, price goes down also not worry..

Ppyt is a big purchase, since VV differs from my initial intention, better steer now into the right course....

anyway my agt nvr call me back yesterday as she said, just let OTp lapse...

applelemon
02-09-10, 14:39
Cosmo at guillemard crescent 398 sq ft is tenanted at 2.6k. Personally I prefer vv to siglap v cos vv is nearer to city, sentosa, business city and mrt.

mcmlxxvi
02-09-10, 14:54
Cosmo at guillemard crescent 398 sq ft is tenanted at 2.6k. Personally I prefer vv to siglap v cos vv is nearer to city, sentosa, business city and mrt.

Aiyo (stupid joke coming up) why you all like v here v there all the deVelopment got v... too many vvip preVievvs is it....

applelemon
02-09-10, 15:00
Hetongshi, check your pm

Condorich
02-09-10, 15:57
Hi all,

Thank you everyone for sharing, I will say goodbye to VV....Rather pain a little bit now, coming mths will look out to buy one for own stay.... one FH and as long as i like and feel good about it, price goes down also not worry..

Ppyt is a big purchase, since VV differs from my initial intention, better steer now into the right course....

The critical decision now is => buy for stay... buy for investment is out of the window... especially when you are not prepared to stay in it if cannot sell.

I would encourage you to buy and exercise the option if you are prepared to stay in it. But you have just revealed here that you are not going to stay there and would not exercise the option. You are smarter than most.

I wish u good luck. Buy a proper condo with facilities to pamper yourself lah.. why squeeze into some budget hotel look alike. Hotel-FH?

applelemon
02-09-10, 17:41
true

QUOTE=Condorich]The critical decision now is => buy for stay... buy for investment is out of the window... especially when you are not prepared to stay in it if cannot sell.

I would encourage you to buy and exercise the option if you are prepared to stay in it. But you have just revealed here that you are not going to stay there and would not exercise the option. You are smarter than most.

I wish u good luck. Buy a proper condo with facilities to pamper yourself lah.. why squeeze into some budget hotel look alike. Hotel-FH?[/QUOTE]

kingkong1984
02-09-10, 18:16
I disagree.. can afford it just buy it.. miss it and regret it.

applelemon
02-09-10, 18:27
To each his own. As long as u are happy buying or selling. At the end of the day, don't lament what should have been done.

devilplate
02-09-10, 18:47
wah rental for icon now being chased. btw, will u consider this project? I tot quite good since it top the rental price.

yes quite good....last yr lows ard 1300psf and not many firesale avail....i offer a unit but seller withdrawn:simmering:

so next lows will probably be around 15xxpsf if u believe future trough will be higher den previous trough...so if u can find below 1800psf 1bedder now...not bad:D

not bad IMO:

10 Gopeng Street #22-03
99 Yrs From 29/01/2002
$1732
$988k
30 Jul 10
10 Gopeng Street #22-09
99 Yrs From 29/01/2002
$1720
$1000k
23 Jul 10

hyenergix
02-09-10, 19:50

You have forgotten the 3% seller's tax ($20k) if it is sold within the first year, which will wipe out your projected gains. If you add the interest about $8k depending on your package, 10% rise in property price will still give you a minimum net loss of $8k. So your purchase is not meant for selling in the next 3-4 years.

Actually I stayed in a studio unit overseas for 6 months before. It was quite good actually in terms of convenience of walking around the house and maintaining it (it just takes 1-2 hour to clean the entire unit inside out every few days).

rattydrama
02-09-10, 20:55
I disagree.. can afford it just buy it.. miss it and regret it.

I can afford to buy landed only $300k but left only 10 yr lease.

hetongshi
02-09-10, 21:18
what abt I keep the mm, sell my flat when fully paid in 2013, 350k proceeds to cpf acc, cash proceed 90k, +3yrs savint+ loan 200k from bank. Then buy a 1+1 or 2bd at abt 650sqft?

Condorich
02-09-10, 22:43
what abt I keep the mm, sell my flat when fully paid in 2013, 350k proceeds to cpf acc, cash proceed 90k, +3yrs savint+ loan 200k from bank. Then buy a 1+1 or 2bd at abt 650sqft?

Come that time... HDB flats may be much cheaper than what is selling now... when new ones are of comparable price and the waiting time is short... no one will buy an older and outdated HDB flat if they can help it.

Comes that time.. the gap for private and MM may be futher widened and you find yourself in a bigger "negative equity" than before..

Don't lose ur HDB lah... hard to get it back with the new measures introduced. Do you know that previously if you sold your private, you HAVE TO WAIT 3 years before you can buy a HDB? But I think now they would allow you to sell and buy almost immediately (but raise the MOP from 3 years to 5 years)...

Life is a gamble anyway.. do you own betting... win or loose happily.

proud owner
02-09-10, 23:22
Come that time... HDB flats may be much cheaper than what is selling now... when new ones are of comparable price and the waiting time is short... no one will buy an older and outdated HDB flat if they can help it.

Comes that time.. the gap for private and MM may be futher widened and you find yourself in a bigger "negative equity" than before..

Don't lose ur HDB lah... hard to get it back with the new measures introduced. Do you know that previously if you sold your private, you HAVE TO WAIT 3 years before you can buy a HDB? But I think now they would allow you to sell and buy almost immediately (but raise the MOP from 3 years to 5 years)...

Life is a gamble anyway.. do you own betting... win or loose happily.

i agree with Condorich ... you should keep your HDB ...

apple3
03-09-10, 02:39
8K lesson is nothing in the world of property.

I think maybe you have already make up your mind since the first post in this thread. Just need some "backup" from the bros/sis here.

Fight again another day.

Hi all,

stalingrad
03-09-10, 09:42
the easiest decision for any one to make:

(1) in the middle of nowhere
(2) no facilities
(3) on top of small shops and bars
(4) so cramped and uncomfortable
(5) and so god*** expensive.

why would anyone want to pay that price and live in it is beyond me.

hetongshi
03-09-10, 09:57
Ok, decide not to go ahead with the purchase and loss the 8k.

Now start accumulate more savings for new purchase...I can pay off outstanding 50k hdb loan using CPF now and if I see something I like for own stay, pay 20% and loan 80%. Is that correct for current rules?

A 650+ unit will be good enuff for me and my husband, budget 700-800k then rent out hdb.

In future when want to downgrade to 3rm or studio flat, move back to flat and sell ppty.

Is this a better planning? Since no hurry to buy lah...must do more research first, cannot plunder again...

gn108
03-09-10, 09:58
8k is a small lesson in 'poor' timing.

VV - I agree with Stalingrad for most part but I reckon some pple don't mind being "inside the Circle Line" (relatively near the city) and yet away from the crowds/traffic.

BV
03-09-10, 10:02
Ok, decide not to go ahead with the purchase and loss the 8k.

Now start accumulate more savings for new purchase...I can pay off outstanding 50k hdb loan using CPF now and if I see something I like for own stay, pay 20% and loan 80%. Is that correct for current rules?

A 650+ unit will be good enuff for me and my husband, budget 700-800k then rent out hdb.

In future when want to downgrade to 3rm or studio flat, move back to flat and sell ppty.

Is this a better planning? Since no hurry to buy lah...must do more research first, cannot plunder again...

Wise choice. 8k loss is painful, but it is not that significant in the long run in terms of property purchase or values. Even without the newly announced measures, there are better picks out there in the market.. In fact it might be a blessing in disguise that the govt announcements made you reconsider and ultimately abort your purchase.

Good luck and hope you don't buy on impulse again the next time :)

devilplate
03-09-10, 10:06

tink twice b4 u fully redemn ur HDB loan....although its a small sum 50k:)

bank loan used to be higher den HDB loan except this very special period

hetongshi
03-09-10, 10:17
True, booked the unit 23Aug, regretted the very next day 24Aug..called my agent abt my doubts...asked me not to worry... 30Aug....garment announced....make me more worry lor...

Last few days....think again and again...ask again and again....

A heartfelt THANK YOU to everyone here for sharing...You guys and gals are great!!!

Cheers!

august
03-09-10, 10:24
tink twice b4 u fully redemn ur HDB loan....although its a small sum 50k:)

bank loan used to be higher den HDB loan except this very special period

this special period looks like will stretch to become a special era :scared-5:

applelemon
03-09-10, 10:33
Peeps, this place buy for investment ok?

stalingrad
03-09-10, 10:36
I generally don't like condos on top of shops. but this one is worse than others of the same kind. the shops are small, and therefore would not be very pleasant to live next to. crowds and noise, fights would be problems.

devilplate
03-09-10, 10:51
I generally don't like condos on top of shops. but this one is worse than others of the same kind. the shops are small, and therefore would not be very pleasant to live next to. crowds and noise, fights would be problems.

i wonder y the shop space/office so so puny.....who will buy???:scared-1:

gfoo
03-09-10, 10:55
There's something like this at Frankel - residences over super tiny shops. chapalang tenant mix: pet store, salon, employment agency, economical rice shop, pub, moneychanger/mamashop and a drycleaner

most units are 2 story townhouses over the small shops. nice landed area - not bad as they have huge ass balconies which you don't have to pay for. you get to use it, reno it do whatever you want with it - but it belongs to the mcst (altho its in your unit) so you dun pay the psf for it

Regulators
03-09-10, 11:46
i think a hdb shophouse makes better sense in terms of rental yield compared to these puny shops.

There's something like this at Frankel - residences over super tiny shops. chapalang tenant mix: pet store, salon, employment agency, economical rice shop, pub, moneychanger/mamashop and a drycleaner

most units are 2 story townhouses over the small shops. nice landed area - not bad as they have huge ass balconies which you don't have to pay for. you get to use it, reno it do whatever you want with it - but it belongs to the mcst (altho its in your unit) so you dun pay the psf for it

hetongshi
03-09-10, 12:42
kenna sweet talk again.. my agent says she'll help to sub-sale my unit 3mths or 1 yr later, quoting Dorsett Residences and told me not to worry lah...dun waste the 8k.....then help me find 2bd again to align to my original plan...ask me only buy in 9-12mths time...dun buy now...

Asked her I can trust her or not, wat she mia after I exercise...she says to trust her...long term relationship...she wouldn't want to see her client lose money too..

Think she will not bluff me lah...since she knows I want to buy another unit...can earn from me again...if anything goes wrong...she knows she lose another opportunitiy to earn comm...cos I will not trust and buy from her again...

Actually I'm ok to lose the 8k...but hor now is a gamble on my agent's judgement...

Wish me luck!

ocoloco79
03-09-10, 13:02
Your agent is very persistent :scared-3:
Sorry as I am not expert enough to give advise, I can only say the experts here are very helpful and their advices are very valuable. I was troubled over my property purchase awhile back and I benefitted alot from their advices, now I am free of worries! Whatever decision that you have made ultimately it is your decision and no one to blame too. Be worry free after making your final decison and dun harp over it:) Hope you made the right choice and good luck!!!

kenna sweet talk again.. my agent says she'll help to sub-sale my unit 3mths or 1 yr later, quoting Dorsett Residences and told me not to worry lah...dun waste the 8k.....then help me find 2bd again to align to my original plan...ask me only buy in 9-12mths time...dun buy now...

Asked her I can trust her or not, wat she mia after I exercise...she says to trust her...long term relationship...she wouldn't want to see her client lose money too..

Think she will not bluff me lah...since she knows I want to buy another unit...can earn from me again...if anything goes wrong...she knows she lose another opportunitiy to earn comm...cos I will not trust and buy from her again...

Actually I'm ok to lose the 8k...but hor now is a gamble on my agent's judgement...

Wish me luck!

august
03-09-10, 13:14

ask her whether she is willing to put down in black and white?
otherwise dun talk about trust lol ~

hetongshi
03-09-10, 13:22
Yes, this forum is fantastic and the people here are great mentors, I learnt a lot but not enuff yet, I will continue to follow these thread regularly..it's very beneficial.

And yes this is the decision I've made and Thank You, I need lot's of good luck...

Regulators
03-09-10, 13:39
never trust what agents tell you. a huttons director recommended like hell a lenox penthouse to me and and said sure make money (macham like betting his life on it) without telling the me the shortfall of the unit. on closer study, the unit is blocked by the wall of the mechanical carpark and everyday get to hear symphony from the mechanical carpark king klong king klong...

Wish me luck!

gfoo
03-09-10, 13:50
amazing, and after all the advice given as well

bargain hunter
03-09-10, 14:34
frankly, what this agent says is really the norm and very standard. every agent will say the same thing to u when u tell them that you want to return the unit. sure, she will TRY to sub-sale for u, but it might be difficult to sell so your funds may be locked up longer than 1 year.

did she say why you should buy only in 9 to 12 months time?

to the agent, making the commissions NOW is a MUST. the future sub-sale and your next purchase, if successful, is a bonus if market conditions are conducive, if not, too bad for u but she loses nothing, just move on to the next client (and just tell u to wait, hold long term etc). she won't bluff u, in long term prices will go up eventually to execute the plan she described, its just how long it takes and what opporunity cost u are losing while u r holding.

Wish me luck!