PDA

View Full Version : Thomson Line Stations

richwang
17-08-10, 10:20
Has anyone seen some work done to locate the stations for Thomson Line? I heard you can guess a station location by looking at the distance between the soil sampling. If the sampling is very intense, you can guess it is for stations.

Thanks,
Richard

acewee
17-08-10, 18:14
Do you have a good idea based on your best guess?

singaporewoman
18-08-10, 10:09
you should at least let ppl know which TSL station is on your watchlist.

acewee
18-08-10, 10:30
Wah, I've seen some 'future mrt lines' info but this one takes the cake. May I ask where did you get this 'speculative mrt lines' info?

mantrix
18-08-10, 11:08
Wah, I've seen some 'future mrt lines' info but this one takes the cake. May I ask where did you get this 'speculative mrt lines' info?

Is TS trying to hit the jackpot by guessing future Thomson Line MRT stations' locations? There 'may' be one near Thomson plaza, one near teacher's estate and one near Springside (end of upper thomson)

Again, all speculation...though Thomson Plaza thereabouts has a high chance due to the relatively higher population density...

devilplate
18-08-10, 11:35

wah like tat SG will sink down anot....so many underground lines underneath:D

maisonjai
18-08-10, 13:48
wah like tat SG will sink down anot....so many underground lines underneath:D

will we live long enough to see is already a question:p
everywhere also near mrt station including Johore & Coney island :cheers5:

singaporewoman
18-08-10, 14:17
from skyscrapercity forum :)

acewee
20-08-10, 22:50
Based on the latest news about DTL3, this map doesn't seem very accurate right?

isaaclim
21-08-10, 08:56

This guy really have "far sight"!

lululaura
02-11-10, 13:06
Hi

since the last mentioned of the MRT line in Thomson area, are there any new update as to where it will likely located. Any advices? :)

proper-t
17-06-11, 09:50
News...condos near republic poly :D !!!

TODAY ONLINE

Thomson Line to terminate near Republic Polytechnic

It will integrate with rail system to Johor; land for depot in Mandai gazetted

by Neo Chai Chin (http://forums.condosingapore.com/) and Wayne Chan (http://forums.condosingapore.com/)
04:47 AM Jun 17, 2011
SINGAPORE - Residents in Woodlands could see greater interest in their properties, while Singapore's largest orchid farm in Mandai will have to relocate, following the latest plans for the 30-kilometre Thomson Line (TSL) that will start running by 2018.

If the proposed Rapid Transit System Link between Singapore and Johor Baru goes according to plan, the two lines will be integrated at the TSL's northern-most terminal station, which the Land Transport Authority (LTA) announced yesterday: At a site near Republic Polytechnic.

The station will be north of the Woodlands MRT Station, which will be the future interchange for the Thomson and North South lines, the LTA said.

Further details of the TSL, such as its alignment and the sites of other stations, will be released after detailed engineering studies are completed.

The four-carriage trains that will ply the fully underground line will be able to transport 40,000 passengers per hour in each direction. The new line was reported in 2008 to have 18 stations and will bring commuters to the Marina Bay area, passing through estates such as Ang Mo Kio, Sin Ming and Thomson.

With LTA's announcement, Dennis Wee Group director Chris Koh expects property prices near the future terminal station to rise once the Rapid Transit System Link is completed. Citing the heavy passenger movement between Singapore and Johor Baru daily, Mr Koh said: "I won't be surprised if prices go up by five to 10 per cent easily."

The LTA has also gazetted a site in Mandai for TSL's depot. Construction on the 32-hectare depot, set to be the largest here, will begin at the end of next year.

Singapore's fifth train depot - after Bishan, Changi, Ulu Pandan and Tuas (to be completed in 2016) - will house up to 90 trains.

As a result, the 43-hectare Orchidville farm - equivalent to the size of 60 football fields - will have to move. It has been on a 20-year lease from the Government since 1993.

Its owner Joseph Phua, 56, who will be entitled to statutory compensation under the Land Acquisition Act, told MediaCorp yesterday that over half of the 1.5 million plants - including some rare ones costing up to S$600 each - at the farm may have to be disposed of.

He also said he will likely have to downsize his operations to a fifth of what it is now, as it would be difficult to find a equivalent-size piece of land. The farm, which employs about 100 workers, will then have to retrench some employees.

Mr Phua will meet the authorities next month to discuss compensation and hopes to secure an alternative site in Mandai. He also hopes the cost of relocating could be defrayed.

"There are so many plants for us to move and to develop the piece of land isn't a matter of one month or two months. (The application process) already takes more than six months ... for a piece of land," he said.

Mr Phua said the farm, which receives about seven to eight tour groups a day and has a restaurant for corporate functions, will remain open till the end of next year

mantrix
17-06-11, 15:10
News...condos near republic poly :D !!! welcome to new condos Marsiling Residences and Loft@Marsiling

kingkong1984
17-06-11, 15:22
welcome to new condos Marsiling Residences and Loft@Marsiling

plus Marsiling Grand and Marsiling Heights

mantrix
17-06-11, 15:26
Admiralty Suites and The Admiralty also a possibility...

anyway it does seem like now that Woodlands is terminal, chances of TSL passing through Sembawang road (chong pang area) very slim...and that area has the NSE already.

kingkong1984
17-06-11, 15:27
got a line running from simpang to the seletar airport/aerospace hub to changi airport

danntbt
17-06-11, 15:54
Anyone got map of this line?

clemdale
17-06-11, 20:58
i dont think this map is very accurate

danntbt
19-06-11, 07:27
Judging from the congetion in terms of build-up around AMK station, it is unlikely to be where the new line crosses in AMK town, most probably the proposed kebun Stn or YCK, where part of the track may align with the NS highway.

kane
19-06-11, 10:02
From sin ming, keban bahru, they need to head towards mandai orchid garden, that should this line is likely to run alongside upper thomson road. From the yio chu kang road junction onwards.

devilplate
19-06-11, 10:14
Seriously, thomson n erl line is really extra one....may create more flash floods?:scared-5:

Y nid 3mrt lines running along n-s n e-central?:beats-me-man: :doh:

devilplate
19-06-11, 10:30
The real immediate problem is at jur east stn....after the improvement work, still jam packed....cant imagine wats gona happen when jld starts to take shape....

azeoprop
19-06-11, 10:55
Looks like our 3 major old roads all got mrt line running along them.
Serangoon/ upper serangoon road = NEL
Bukit timah/Upper bukit timah road = DTL2
Thomson road/Upper thomson road = TL

kane
19-06-11, 11:39
Seriously, thomson n erl line is really extra one....may create more flash floods?:scared-5:

you need to see the crowd at ang mo kio station in the morning.

likewise, without familiarity of the eastern region, i agree with you why the to have 3 lines in the east, including the eastern region line that is to be confirmed. perhaps someone living in the east can testify to the overflowing crowd on the existing eastern line.

devilplate
19-06-11, 11:43
you need to see the crowd at ang mo kio station in the morning.

likewise, without familiarity of the eastern region, i agree with you why the to have 3 lines in the east, including the eastern region line that is to be confirmed. perhaps someone living in the east can testify to the overflowing crowd on the existing eastern line.
I stay in the east....

The real immediate problem now lies in jur east stn....its real real bad....

For n-s,i believe things will get much better after dtl2.....poor ridership later on will pose another set of problems:2cents:

wind30
19-06-11, 11:51
From sin ming, keban bahru, they need to head towards mandai orchid garden, that should this line is likely to run alongside upper thomson road. From the yio chu kang road junction onwards.

I am pretty sure it will not run along upper thomson road from yio chu kang road junction onwards. Because like that it is very hard to turn into amk. You have to make a 90 degrees turn into yio chu kang road, and another 90 deg turn into AMK.

I think it is just going cut beside lentor and join upper thomson at tagore. There are some empty plots of land which the MRT line can pass through.

wind30
19-06-11, 11:52
I stay in the east....

The real immediate problem now lies in jur east stn....its real real bad....

For n-s,i believe things will get much better after dtl2.....poor ridership later on will pose another set of problems:2cents:

what does dtl2 has to do with NS line?

devilplate
19-06-11, 11:59
what does dtl2 has to do with NS line?
Y not, nxt time those staying in bukitmpanjang for eg can take dtl2 to town instead

Lovelle
19-06-11, 12:10
The real immediate problem is at jur east stn....after the improvement work, still jam packed....cant imagine wats gona happen when jld starts to take shape....

totally agree. !!

kane
19-06-11, 19:18
I am pretty sure it will not run along upper thomson road from yio chu kang road junction onwards. Because like that it is very hard to turn into amk. You have to make a 90 degrees turn into yio chu kang road, and another 90 deg turn into AMK.

I think it is just going cut beside lentor and join upper thomson at tagore. There are some empty plots of land which the MRT line can pass through.

It's not that hard if the station is at kebun bahru, probably a 45 degree turn, newton orchard somerset is a 90° turn.

danntbt
19-06-11, 22:32
If you look at the map of the NSE as visualized based on infor available, there is likelyhood that the TL could follow part of the path, the NSE is expected to be completed in 2020, 2 years after TL, which is logical time frame if its above TL.

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?p=65131475

Wild Falcon
19-06-11, 23:08
I think ERL, TL and DTL will all be under-utilised lines. SG govt take too long to build our MRT lines. By the time those MRT lines are ready, people are so used to driving around already. Once u have a car, very difficult to switch to public transport.

kane
19-06-11, 23:12
I think ERL, TL and DTL will all be under-utilised lines. SG govt take too long to build our MRT lines. By the time those MRT lines are ready, people are so used to driving around already. Once u have a car, very difficult to switch to public transport.

with COE climbing higher, I think people need to start getting used to not having a car.

clemdale
20-06-11, 01:44
Anyone have any idea where/how the Thomson line will connect to the Eastern Region line??

thanks

Terese
22-06-11, 20:18
If you look at the map of the NSE as visualized based on infor available, there is likelyhood that the TL could follow part of the path, the NSE is expected to be completed in 2020, 2 years after TL, which is logical time frame if its above TL.

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?p=65131475
from your link it seem to suggest it will be near calrose then to tagore area but that area seem too congested (calrose) or to empty(tagore area). i thought it will be near meadows so as to serve ppl tat are gg Lower Pierce for a walk.

wind30
23-06-11, 07:38
It's not that hard if the station is at kebun bahru, probably a 45 degree turn, newton orchard somerset is a 90° turn.

? how to turn? Are you are thinking that the MRT will turn into AMK ave 1 from upper thomson?

I don't see why the government will built a MRT line beside all the landed housing at upper thomson instead of AMK. If that is your alignment, only the very southern tip of AMK will be served by the thomson line. And then you still have to make a sharp turn into sin ming.

If they cut through AMK Avenue 4 and through the left side of lentor and thomon at targore, the line will be much easier to built and will serve a big part of AMK instead of thomson hill estate.

Take a look at the MAP. Even going through AMK avenue 5 is not ideal as the road does not lead southwards and you still have to make a sharp turn. Avenue 4 is the best and I think the most likely.

wind30
23-06-11, 07:51
from your link it seem to suggest it will be near calrose then to tagore area but that area seem too congested (calrose) or to empty(tagore area). i thought it will be near meadows so as to serve ppl tat are gg Lower Pierce for a walk.

that is what the "experts" at skyscraper city feels.

I think really think there is zero change that it will be near meadows.

Imagine the line is near meadows. So you have two ways to route your line to kebun bahru (which is confirmed to be served by thomson line). Either go down upper thomson road and then turn in at AMK Ave 1 or do a sharp turn into YCK road, and then another turn into AMK.

Both doesn't make sense.

1) This makes the route roundabout and for what? so that you can serve the Landed housing estate of thomson hills? And then you have to cut back in at AMK just to connect to keban bahru and then turn south again to connect to sin ming. The route suggested in Skyscraper is much straighter and allows you to place two MRT stations in the AMK HDB estate. Your route will only allow you to place one station right at the southern edge of AMK.

2) this is even worse. It is much easier just to go through the left side of lentor and connect at tagore.

kane
23-06-11, 08:30
Don't think they'll turn at upper thomson to amk ave 1 cos there's suppose to be a kebun bahru. I think from kebun bahru, they could head in the north west direction of tagore or springleaf.

The whole kebun bahru is pretty built up. Wonder where is that station going to be.

AK47
23-06-11, 09:34
AMK Ave 3 and 4 junction thereabout.

Don't think they'll turn at upper thomson to amk ave 1 cos there's suppose to be a kebun bahru. I think from kebun bahru, they could head in the north west direction of tagore or springleaf.

The whole kebun bahru is pretty built up. Wonder where is that station going to be.

amk
23-06-11, 11:51
u mean this line is going to cut through underground in the heart of all these dense HDB blocks ? :scared-5:

..wow... it's going to be something.... just the thought of what happened in the other incident.....:scared-4:

.. I always thought it is along some main roads so dun need to dig up so much...

wind30
23-06-11, 13:10
u mean this line is going to cut through underground in the heart of all these dense HDB blocks ? :scared-5:

..wow... it's going to be something.... just the thought of what happened in the other incident.....:scared-4:

.. I always thought it is along some main roads so dun need to dig up so much...

no, the route suggested in skyscraper city is going by roads. From the north it enters beside lentor into Avenue 4 then turn into Ave3 I think.

That I think is the only way if you want to cut through kebun bahru without going under HDB flats.

AMK being an old estate, the HDB building is quite far away from the road.

chiaberry
23-06-11, 13:17
I once mooted the idea that it might go closer to Upper Thomson Road as it is less densely studded with HDB flats at the extreme west side of Kebun Bahru. A station in the plot of land at the junction of AMK Ave 1 and 2 (nearer the Ave 2 side) might still be able to serve the South-West part of Kebun Bahru as well as the landed housing around St. Nicholas Girls School. A station around the Upper Thomson/Sin Ming Road junction can serve the Sin Ming area. Although these locations may not be at the areas of the densest population in these estates but I remember the Transport Minister said in one of the old speeches that the new MRT stations could be serving landed as well as public housing. The logistics might be easiser for them to build away from areas where they would have to tunnel under or around a lot of HDB blocks.

chiaberry
I once mooted the idea that it might go closer to Upper Thomson Road as it is less densely studded with HDB flats at the extreme west side of Kebun Bahru. A station in the plot of land at the junction of AMK Ave 1 and 2 (nearer the Ave 2 side) might still be able to serve the South-West part of Kebun Bahru as well as the landed housing around St. Nicholas Girls School. A station around the Upper Thomson/Sin Ming Road junction can serve the Sin Ming area. Although these locations may not be at the areas of the densest population in these estates but I remember the Transport Minister said in one of the old speeches that the new MRT stations could be serving landed as well as public housing. The logistics might be easiser for them to build away from areas where they would have to tunnel under or around a lot of HDB blocks. I

chiaberry
deleted *double post*

wind30
23-06-11, 16:05
I once mooted the idea that it might go closer to Upper Thomson Road as it is less densely studded with HDB flats at the extreme west side of Kebun Bahru. A station in the plot of land at the junction of AMK Ave 1 and 2 (nearer the Ave 2 side) might still be able to serve the South-West part of Kebun Bahru as well as the landed housing around St. Nicholas Girls School. A station around the Upper Thomson/Sin Ming Road junction can serve the Sin Ming area. Although these locations may not be at the areas of the densest population in these estates but I remember the Transport Minister said in one of the old speeches that the new MRT stations could be serving landed as well as public housing. The logistics might be easiser for them to build away from areas where they would have to tunnel under or around a lot of HDB blocks.

The problem with that is that if the line follows upper thomson road, the station have to be at/near the junction of Ave 1 and upper thomson road.

That is REALLY far away from kebun bahru. In fact it is not that much closer than amk station

If LTA goes that route, it is probably only because they have met an insurmountable road block through AMK. All the kebun bahru residents will be really irritated with LHL.

Lets put it this way, if they can TUNNEL the NS expressway through AMK, I am sure they can tunnel a pair of MRT tracks through.

amk
23-06-11, 16:41
That is REALLY far away from kebun bahru.... All the kebun bahru residents will be really irritated with LHL.

so ? what's the big deal abt kebun bahru ? LHL promised them a MRT will be built right at kebun bahru ? :confused:

kane
23-06-11, 18:56
so ? what's the big deal abt kebun bahru ? LHL promised them a MRT will be built right at kebun bahru ? :confused:

The name was quoted as a likely stop under the thomson line. The other is Sin Ming. Because there's suppose to be a sin ming station, I don't think we'll see a stop near Ave 1. Thŕey'll be too close.

wind30
23-06-11, 20:21

that was the justification for the Thomson line.

It is supposed to serve Woodlands, AMK (kebun bahru to be specific) and sin ming.

Of course the LTA could change their mind and decide the landed property along upper thomson road has higher priority than the densely populated HDB estate of AMK.

But we all must base our SPECULATIONS on available information rather than "wishes".

Bottomline is that LTA has said upfront that thomson line is supposed to serve kebun bahru and even if nothing is mentioned, by geographics alone, they would route the line through AMK.

Terese
24-06-11, 21:33
that was the justification for the Thomson line.

It is supposed to serve Woodlands, AMK (kebun bahru to be specific) and sin ming.

Of course the LTA could change their mind and decide the landed property along upper thomson road has higher priority than the densely populated HDB estate of AMK.

But we all must base our SPECULATIONS on available information rather than "wishes".

Bottomline is that LTA has said upfront that thomson line is supposed to serve kebun bahru and even if nothing is mentioned, by geographics alone, they would route the line through AMK.
Hmmm...make sense about Kebun Bahru but just find it "illogical" to serve such a short distance to place like as per Skyscrapercity "wishes" diagram on Calrose. It seem to me that more like a LRT instead of MRT. Thus thought it is more sensible to be along Upp Thomson Rd up to Springleaf there.:2cents:

kane
24-06-11, 23:15
Hmmm...make sense about Kebun Bahru but just find it "illogical" to serve such a short distance to place like as per Skyscrapercity "wishes" diagram on Calrose. It seem to me that more like a LRT instead of MRT. Thus thought it is more sensible to be along Upp Thomson Rd up to Springleaf there.:2cents:

to serve the whole kebun bahru community, the station should be somewhere near kebun bahru CC but there isn't a great deal of space there to put an MRT station.

propertychap
24-06-11, 23:19
Will Thomson line have any stations near to Balestier?

kingkong1984
25-06-11, 00:04
Will Thomson line have any stations near to Balestier?

who knows?

not likely as novena and toa payoh flanking balestier.. must ensure as much catchment as possible unless it is by line direction constrain. If there is going to be one... it will have to be a line running in between toa payoh and novena and head towards lavender... I doubt it will be like that. Maybe another line when more developments are up.

who knows...

wind30
25-06-11, 08:05

yup, the exact station position is probably not very accurate as there are quite a few "possible" locations.

my personal guess is one station at lentor and one further south at ave 4 and ave3 junction. They should try to squeeze two station in AMK considering how built up it is.

but the route I think got not many choices.

kane
25-06-11, 13:33
Read it off another forum that some landed owners at lentor gardens apparently had visitors from LTA.

chiaberry
25-06-11, 13:49
Read it off another forum that some landed owners at lentor gardens apparently had visitors from LTA.

:scared-1: That's scary. ? Could mean compulsory acquisition or else MRT right on their doorstep.

kane
25-06-11, 15:52
:scared-1: That's scary. ? Could mean compulsory acquisition or else MRT right on their doorstep.

Think I need to be more precise about my previous post, it was one owner and he's place is near the lentor drive and yio chu lang junction. The rest of the forum members were naturally curious and asked him to check with his neighbours.

kingkong1984
25-06-11, 17:26
Maybe give u expressway and mrt together? Side by side or below.

NorthernStar
25-06-11, 17:58
Think I need to be more precise about my previous post, it was one owner and he's place is near the lentor drive and yio chu lang junction. The rest of the forum members were naturally curious and asked him to check with his neighbours.
This location is for NSE. NSE was annouced to be built semi-tunnel along AMK ave 6.

Antione
25-06-11, 19:56
This location is for NSE. NSE was annouced to be built semi-tunnel along AMK ave 6.

No lah, TSL is expected to run under AMK ave 4, while NSE is under ave 6. They are 500m apart.

wind30
25-06-11, 20:14

which forum is that? kind of curious as my in laws stay in president gardens, which is what those landed units near the junction of lentor drive and yio chu kang junction are called. Not lentor gardens lah...

if you live there you will be surprised by how wide lentor drive is. I think it is three lanes road which is very unusual for road leading into landed estates. When my inlaws moved in like 20 years ago, they thought the government will built SLE or some other expressway there. but after many year, nothing is built there.

wind30
25-06-11, 20:34
I found the post at skyscraper forum.

Like that looks like 99% confirm the Thomson line will passby lentor. The only thing we don't know is where the stations are.

But I think it is likely to be one at lentor and one at south AMK.

kane
26-06-11, 01:02
which forum is that? kind of curious as my in laws stay in president gardens, which is what those landed units near the junction of lentor drive and yio chu kang junction are called. Not lentor gardens lah...

if you live there you will be surprised by how wide lentor drive is. I think it is three lanes road which is very unusual for road leading into landed estates. When my inlaws moved in like 20 years ago, they thought the government will built SLE or some other expressway there. but after many year, nothing is built there.

search under google for "thomson line skyscrapercity".

kane
26-06-11, 01:11

Like that looks like 99% confirm the Thomson line will passby lentor. The only thing we don't know is where the stations are.

having one at lentor and one at south of amk puts them really close to each other. but perhaps, it'll be like novena and newton where the train will then be repositioned to turn towards mandai.

mantrix
26-06-11, 06:49

Good luck :D

hyenergix
26-06-11, 06:52

The people staying there roughly knows the MRT station locations because of numerous soil tests, that is why their property prices have been jacked up since last year...

wind30
26-06-11, 07:25
having one at lentor and one at south of amk puts them really close to each other. but perhaps, it'll be like novena and newton where the train will then be repositioned to turn towards mandai.

I thought that is around the same distance as YCK and AMK mrt.

If there is no station at lentor, it will be at springleaf which is pretty deserted. Lentor is good because you can serve some of the condos and HDB.

wind30
26-06-11, 07:26
The people staying there roughly knows the MRT station locations because of numerous soil tests, that is why their property prices have been jacked up since last year...

there is soil test at lentor but we don't know for sure. I stay in lentor area too.

Next time we have NSE and NSL on one side and TSL on the other side.

zzz1
26-06-11, 07:48
there is soil test at lentor but we don't know for sure. I stay in lentor area too.

Next time we have NSE and NSL on one side and TSL on the other side.

sighting a soil test does not actually mean anything. it could be for other purpose, and don understand alot of ppls pointing to MRT....

zzz1
26-06-11, 08:01
to serve the whole kebun bahru community, the station should be somewhere near kebun bahru CC but there isn't a great deal of space there to put an MRT station.

maybe one of two blocks of HDBs to be demolish to give way for the MRTs ...........

hyenergix
26-06-11, 08:06
sighting a soil test does not actually mean anything. it could be for other purpose, and don understand alot of ppls pointing to MRT....

Building an underground station requires a lot of tests, because the soil is exerting pressure on the walls also. In another words, the more soil tests in the area, the higher the likelihood of the underground station.

zzz1
26-06-11, 08:16
Building an underground station requires a lot of tests, because the soil is exerting pressure on the walls also. In another words, the more soil tests in the area, the higher the likelihood of the underground station.

understand that...only thing that wonder me is why sighting a soil test like 'default ' for MRT station ? just that we got to be objective...

Antione
26-06-11, 08:37

if have time, read through the whole forum on Thomson line and see their argument. I think they have come to a very close guess on the track alignment and even stations location.
I was puzzled initially with LTA's map that there was a "AMK" station north of Kebun bahru, as I tot Kebun bahru is area closer to upper thomson road. Later did I know HDB named the princt Kebun bahru *** left and right of the entire Ang Mo Kio Ave 4 from junction of Ave 3 to Ave 5. North of Ang Mo Kio Ave 5 is still called Ang Mo Kio.
As for where is the best location for an "AMK" station, since there is already YCK station on NSL nearby. I think the Skyscraper forum is right to guess "AMK" at Lentor drive. It is not too far from Ang Mo Kio Ave 9. , yet able to serve the future need of the huge undeveloped land nearby. Maybe, Lentor drive may be renamed as AMK Ave 4, as this road is expected to extend all the way into the back of Tagore.

jc007
26-06-11, 11:33
My guess only after studying the map and making a site site recce for the most probable route of the MRT line:
The line will come down from the north near Lentor Ave and cross Yio Chu Kang Rd to Ang Mo Kio Ave 5 ( may be a station at junction of AMK Ave 5/Ave 2) The line will continue along AMK Ave 2 southwards to AMK Ave 1 and cross Bishan Park ( likely MRT Station east of Sin Ming Walk/Sin Ming Ave). The line will then continue southwards towards Upper Thomson Road with a station at the vacant site near Long House opposite Thomson Community Centre) This will be an interchange station connecting it to the Circle Line Marymount Station).
:) :)

kane
26-06-11, 11:51
understand that...only thing that wonder me is why sighting a soil test like 'default ' for MRT station ? just that we got to be objective...

Sighting a soil test means likely tunneling works, this couple by distances between stations and station names leads people to make some logical guesses on where the station might be based on the route of the tunneling.

wind30
26-06-11, 15:10
Sighting a soil test means likely tunneling works, this couple by distances between stations and station names leads people to make some logical guesses on where the station might be based on the route of the tunneling.

yup. but soil test could show that that area is not suitable for tunneling so it may mean a negative.

After all that is why all the soil testing is for.

But the report that LTA people is going into people's houses in lentor drive probably meant that MRT is going past lentor drive. I really cannot envision LTA disturbing people without being pretty sure where the line is going.

kingkong1984
26-06-11, 15:41
Lentor area affected by expressway right? Not necessary MRT.

kane
26-06-11, 16:17
Lentor area affected by expressway right? Not necessary MRT.

Lentor drive and yio chu kang junction is about 400m from the NSE that is running down ave 6 cutting across yio chu kang road.

kingkong1984
26-06-11, 16:21
Oh... Okay.... 400 meters from the junction for a mrt station... Sounds logical.

Can release more land there right?

kane
26-06-11, 17:25
There's plenty of green patches there to sell. But honestly, I didn't think there would be a station there, until someone mentioned that lta paid them a visit.

kingkong1984
26-06-11, 17:32
Bad luck if visited.. Fortune of god coming but ask u to go away with a small silver pot instead of golden pot.

ysyap
27-06-11, 07:49
Bad luck if visited.. Fortune of god coming but ask u to go away with a small silver pot instead of golden pot.Both gold and silver prices are falling... but at least better than going away with nothing? Hahahaha! :tongue3:

devilplate
27-06-11, 08:38
Both gold and silver prices are falling... but at least better than going away with nothing? Hahahaha! :tongue3:

in tat sense, buy Gold better....at least can melt it to become jewellery for wearing...LOL

silver...err....hehe

ysyap
27-06-11, 09:38
in tat sense, buy Gold better....at least can melt it to become jewellery for wearing...LOL

silver...err....heheWhite gold or yellow gold??? :p

mantrix
29-06-11, 19:29
I think more stations to be announced soon...let's see if LTA really would, thanks to the passionate views of skyscraper city netizens, bulldoze a detour into the heart of Kebun Baru, AMK and Lentor bah...

chiaberry
29-06-11, 20:10
I think more stations to be announced soon...let's see if LTA really would, thanks to the passionate views of skyscraper city netizens, bulldoze a detour into the heart of Kebun Baru, AMK and Lentor bah...

I think that now the links with Malaysia are firmed up, they would be keen to get going on the Thomson Line so that we can connect with our neighbour. But I thought the stations would not be announced for another 2 years as engineering studies are still ongoing?

wind30
29-06-11, 20:51

Maybe they read condosingapore and listen to all the condo owners and bypass the thousands of HDB dwellers in AMK/Kebun Bahru so as to serve the landed estates of thomson hills.

:)

kingkong1984
29-06-11, 21:35
Dun make sense... Also beware kana chase out. Offend 100 people in exchange for 100 000 votes, y not?

kane
29-06-11, 21:40
Maybe they read condosingapore and listen to all the condo owners and bypass the thousands of HDB dwellers in AMK/Kebun Bahru so as to serve the landed estates of thomson hills.

:)

Landed owners and the prays stall at casuarina huat ah! If indeed the line runs alongside upper thomson road.

kane
29-06-11, 21:58
I meant prata stall.

ysyap
29-06-11, 22:08
Landed owners and the prays stall at casuarina huat ah! If indeed the line runs alongside upper thomson road.Its called Thomson line for a reason! Where else can it run if not thomson road, upper or lower? The bigger question is where will the station be located? :D

In any case, yes the landed owners will surely huat ah! :cheers1: Along with all the properties in that vicinity! :o

mantrix
30-06-11, 13:05
Watch out for the news ... Announcements coming soon...

devilplate
30-06-11, 13:25
as an investor, i will wait for these mrt to be announced and den shop during nxt downturn

its 99% tat next downturn will hit b4 these mrt is completed:D

now buy liao can see the construction only but cannot use....rental maybe affected as well if ur project too close to all these construction

chiaberry
30-06-11, 13:27
Watch out for the news ... Announcements coming soon...

Eh if you were not a regular on this forum, I would suspect you of doing marketing for Thomson G. How come the timing of their launch is so good?
Their px not even fixed yet, this will give them excuse to launch at even higher px. Hmmmm.....they have insider knowledge of the announcement too? Or maybe their feng shui master got power. :scared-1:

chiaberry
30-06-11, 13:29
as an investor, i will wait for these mrt to be announced and den shop during nxt downturn

its 99% tat next downturn will hit b4 these mrt is completed:D

2015 - when SSD period is over. I think the project will be close to TOP by then.

kingkong1984
30-06-11, 14:22
buy now.. cannot grab more when durians fall.

buy later, even if pay more may still be cheaper than buy now (interest etc)

mantrix
30-06-11, 15:04
Eh if you were not a regular on this forum, I would suspect you of doing marketing for Thomson G. How come the timing of their launch is so good?
Their px not even fixed yet, this will give them excuse to launch at even higher px. Hmmmm.....they have insider knowledge of the announcement too? Or maybe their feng shui master got power. :scared-1:

is that a compliment? LOL

I am vested in the far north, so any improvements in terms of infrastructure i am bound to follow closely, if you check my earlier posts. Hence I did research on this so have some strong hunches.

Earlier I was accused of being vested in meadows@peirce by another forummer just because i say they gonna huat...haha...i missed that launch but wouldn't buy that cos too close to road and land is sunken. As for TG - price too ex that's why i say MRT factored in. If not at 1200psf should be snapped up fast.:D

chiaberry
30-06-11, 15:51
is that a compliment? LOL

I am vested in the far north, so any improvements in terms of infrastructure i am bound to follow closely, if you check my earlier posts. Hence I did research on this so have some strong hunches.

Earlier I was accused of being vested in meadows@peirce by another forummer just because i say they gonna huat...haha...i missed that launch but wouldn't buy that cos too close to road and land is sunken. As for TG - price too ex that's why i say MRT factored in. If not at 1200psf should be snapped up fast.:D

haha I notice that forum members may attack others who give good comments on properties or areas that they are not vested in.

I am surprised that they would announce the stations so soon. I hope they open the rest of the Circle Line soon. Transport Minister flexing his muscles to show that he means business. That would be a good sign. But I hope the "Kebun Bahru" MRT is not too far from KB or there would be a big outcry from netizens. It's in PM's GRC too.

You're right, Meadows is close to the road. But the traffic there is not too bad compared to further down Upp Thomson. The NSE should also help to divert away the traffic in time to come. The ambience in the tall block is not bad. My kids Chinese tutor used to live there before the en bloc. It had a nice greenery view (unit facing away from the road).

mantrix
30-06-11, 16:00
haha I notice that forum members may attack others who give good comments on properties or areas that they are not vested in.

I am surprised that they would announce the stations so soon. I hope they open the rest of the Circle Line soon. Transport Minister flexing his muscles to show that he means business. That would be a good sign. But I hope the "Kebun Bahru" MRT is not too far from KB or there would be a big outcry from netizens. It's in PM's GRC too.

You're right, Meadows is close to the road. But the traffic there is not too bad compared to further down Upp Thomson. The NSE should also help to divert away the traffic in time to come. The ambience in the tall block is not bad. My kids Chinese tutor used to live there before the en bloc. It had a nice greenery view (unit facing away from the road).

yup only the tall block high floors worth considering...the units there v rare. I agree, busiest if at the roads around thomson plaza area...

for others to attack is human nature lah...anyway i comment what i know and so far my predictions are quite 'zhun' :p

i would think announcements about more stations to come in following weeks :2cents:

chiaberry
30-06-11, 16:05
yup only the tall block high floors worth considering...the units there v rare. I agree, busiest if at the roads around thomson plaza area...

for others to attack is human nature lah...anyway i comment what i know and so far my predictions are quite 'zhun' :p

i would think announcements about more stations to come in following weeks :2cents:

The timing of the TG launch is TOO good to be just coincidence?

hmmm...shd have handed in the blank cheque for the early bird discount....but unfortunately I didn't like the lay out and thought it would be hard to get a decent rental return from that px. Maybe they would launch even higher IF the stations should be announced before they finalize the pricing. Let's see if I am proved wrong in the future. :p

louisebrown
30-06-11, 16:17
The Minister of Transportation is away in China. Do you seriously think there will be an announcement soon?

Komo
30-06-11, 21:29
Thomson road has a lot of potential to be developed. Bet there is some plan and Thomson line will run through and more on the way is housing and commercial development which blend in with the surrounding greenery and reservoirs. Will be comparable to or better than bukit timah?

devilplate
30-06-11, 21:42
Thomson road has a lot of potential to be developed. Bet there is some plan and Thomson line will run through and more on the way is housing and commercial development which blend in with the surrounding greenery and reservoirs. Will be comparable to or better than bukit timah?
On par only if u can shift the elite schools over to thomson:p

Anyway the real ccr thomson will be novena area....and prices is on par wif bukit timah

kane
30-06-11, 21:49

Anyway the real ccr thomson will be novena area....and prices is on par wif bukit timah

Novena is pretty developed from both a residential and commercial perspective. That's why it's on par with bukit timah.

mantrix
30-06-11, 22:24

If Upper Thomson becomes Bukit Timah then Mandai area will become their nature reserve :D

anyway with one MRT station potentially to be built at Mandai that place is going to heat up (though no residential area, mainly for zoo)

chiaberry
30-06-11, 23:25

RI is in this area. So are Catholic High and St. Nicholas. These 3 are already occupying quite a lot of space here. Not much more space to shift another huge campus over.

Wasn't it in one of the previous Master Plans to develop the area (District 20)? I believe this might happen when the MRT lines, NSE are in place.

The area around Caldecott MRT is having major construction and road widening (for the MRT and NSE). I would expect them to release more land there for development. Doesn't make sense for them to have a few small-ish schools and nursing home there when it is so well connected for transportation.

I think Tagore has potential for development and more land release. There is a lot of land around there. This may take place if an MRT is sited there.

ysyap
01-07-11, 06:45
RI is in this area. So are Catholic High and St. Nicholas. These 3 are already occupying quite a lot of space here. Not much more space to shift another huge campus over.

Wasn't it in one of the previous Master Plans to develop the area (District 20)? I believe this might happen when the MRT lines, NSE are in place.

The area around Caldecott MRT is having major construction and road widening (for the MRT and NSE). I would expect them to release more land there for development. Doesn't make sense for them to have a few small-ish schools and nursing home there when it is so well connected for transportation.

I think Tagore has potential for development and more land release. There is a lot of land around there. This may take place if an MRT is sited there.There are some forested land which are protected around some reservoir area known as catchment area. Like the forest around Macritchie Reservoir that cannot have buildings. I think Tagore is like that too with buildings (industrial area) on one side and just forest on the other side, but I stand corrected! :D

chiaberry
01-07-11, 07:18
There are some forested land which are protected around some reservoir area known as catchment area. Like the forest around Macritchie Reservoir that cannot have buildings. I think Tagore is like that too with buildings (industrial area) on one side and just forest on the other side, but I stand corrected! :D

Great minds think alike. I went to the URA site out of interest to look at the 2008 Master Plan. This shows the extent of the "Nature Reserve" land (includes the "catchment area"). The area around the Caldecott station is not designated as "Nature Reserve". There are some land parcels with quite high plot ratios (3) and a large area designated as "Reserve land". There is also quite a lot of "Reserve land" (in yellow colour) around the Tagore area which is not designated as "Nature Reserve". My interpretation of "Reserve land" is that these could be re-desginated as "Residential" by URA should the need arise at a later stage. Those which are the protected areas are clearly marked as "Nature Reserve" (in green) and those are not.

Interestingly, the area opposite Flame Tree Park is not all "Nature Reserve" as I had thought. There is some land designated as "Residential" but without plot ratio assigned. This includes the car park for the HSBC walk. The piece of land directly opposite Flame Tree is desginated "For detailed planning". I am not sure what that means. It COULD be a site for MRT station I suppose. But please don't attack me. I am only stating a POSSIBLE interpretation. There is no "Reserve land" or "for detailed planning" land in the middle of Kebun Bahru. The nearest undesignated land parcels are the land at the junction of Upper Thomson Road and Ang Mo Kio Ave 1 and a small plot next to James Cook University. The James Cook University site is desginated as "Residential" and not "Educational".

With regards to Lentor area opposite Calrose condo that is suggested to be a possible MRT station site, this is all designated as Residential. No plots of Reserve land or "for special planning" land indicated there.

I also stand corrected if anybody has more knowledge please chip in this discussion. Or if anybody has purchased the detailed version of the 2008 Master Plan please share additional information if there is any available on the purchased version.

ysyap
01-07-11, 07:45
Your study into this area as a happy resident is very detailed. Well done! From what you have studied, this area indeed possesses great potential for further development. Well this is but an understatement. The shear magnitude of available land under reserved status is in itself exciting. Well, if Thomson G is already hitting $1.4k psf, should announcements be made by the relevant authorities on their plans for these reserve plots, psf here would take on a whole new meaning! Watch this space!

chiaberry
01-07-11, 07:58
You can also see the boundaries of the Nature Reserve on www.onemap.com.sg (http://www.onemap.com.sg) and will realise that there is still a lot of land not under Nature Reserve (more than you think).

I was particularly impressed by the multiple plots of land with plot ratio of 3 around Caldecott MRT station along Toa Payoh Rise. This seems to suggest that Toa Payoh Rise could be slated as a hub for future developments too. Which may even rival Novena. The plot ratio 3 sites could have MacRitchie Reservoir views (fyi Thomson 800 is only plot ratio 2.1). They can go as high as Sky11 (also plot ratio 3).

Again please don't tear me down as being biased. The plot ratios are there for all to see.

Note that this area has multiple routes into the City. These are CTE, Thomson Road, Lornie Road/Adam Road/Farrer Road. And akan datang NS Expressway. And 3 MRT lines (Circle/North-South/Thomson). It is better connected than Jurong. And with lower density of population than Jurong.

Educational institutions wise, if you don't count RI as an elite educational institution in that area, I don't know what to say.

kingkong1984
01-07-11, 08:30
I didn't say its the dragon pulse for nothing.

anyway, they just did a heart bypass yesterday... now the pulse is stronger.

devilplate
01-07-11, 08:54
may not be a good thing if govt gona build alot more residential in tat area? oversupply? wat if they build HDB instead?

chiaberry
01-07-11, 09:03
may not be a good thing if govt gona build alot more residential in tat area? oversupply? wat if they build HDB instead?

I doubt the govt would release it so fast. They get rid of their ulu land bank first lah. Leave the good ones for later. haha you think govt doesn't want or need vitamin M? Land parcel with good transport link (MRT at door step) to be used to build HDB? Well maybe some of it MIGHT (eg SERS for the Toa Payoh Rise residents) but I would have thought it made more financial sense for them to max their vitamin M infusion by using most of these areas for GLS. Let the HDB be built in Sengkang/Punggol etc next to LRT rather than MRT (note that Caldecott is a potential interchange station for Circle and Thomson Lines - not my idea, I read about it elsewhere). There's still PLENTY of land up North. The amount of money they are going to invest in the infrastructure for this area is huge (NSE/TSL). They have to get some vitamin M back in order to pay the bills. Since they are not going to increase your taxes or GST, where to get it??? Easy and quick way to get $$$ is GLS.

devilplate
01-07-11, 09:07
I doubt the govt would release it so fast. They get rid of their ulu land bank first lah. Leave the good ones for later. haha you think govt doesn't want or need vitamin M? Land parcel with good transport link (MRT at door step) to be used to build HDB? Well maybe some of it MIGHT (eg SERS for the Toa Payoh Rise residents) but I would have thought it made more financial sense for them to max their vitamin M infusion by using most of these areas for GLS. Let the HDB be built in Sengkang/Punggol etc next to LRT rather than MRT (note that Caldecott is a potential interchange station for Circle and Thomson Lines - not my idea, I read about it elsewhere). There's still PLENTY of land up North.

see....some complain y only build btos in punggol, far north....y all nearer to town areas reserved for condos? some say like dat rich-poor discrimination

btw, i nvr say these....:p

may hf a mix of HDB and condo....bcoz its too big a piece of land purely for condos:2cents:

another big piece of land at bukit brown(cemetry hehe)

woodleigh aso got many land avail....

Komo
01-07-11, 09:14
So grab TG!!:D :D

mantrix
01-07-11, 10:08
see....some complain y only build btos in punggol, far north....y all nearer to town areas reserved for condos? some say like dat rich-poor discrimination

btw, i nvr say these....:p

may hf a mix of HDB and condo....bcoz its too big a piece of land purely for condos:2cents:

another big piece of land at bukit brown(cemetry hehe)

woodleigh aso got many land avail....

They built HDB in Tanjong Pagar, time to build in Orchard and Marina Bay...then all bets are off and no more discrimination :D:D:D

kingkong1984
01-07-11, 10:22
One or two mega HDB blocks along this line to build up the ridership. Thereafter.. condo, ec and dbss..

devilplate
01-07-11, 10:44
One or two mega HDB blocks along this line to build up the ridership. Thereafter.. condo, ec and dbss..

hmm very possible....

build HDBs first and den build some amenities or Malls den in between plots for EC, condos.....like dat ppl can upgrade to condos....all happy....

anyway, i am ok for condo to be wif HDBs...it will aso means u will hf gd demand from upgradders....hehe

ysyap
01-07-11, 11:27
Govt very smart one... they'll confirm the MRT station locations in this area then start putting up land parcel for sales! Like that can earn more. If sell land first then announce MRT station location, then developers happy and sing song to the bank lor!

ysyap
01-07-11, 11:29
So grab TG!!:D :DWait grab already then announcement say MRT is 3 busstops away then you :banghead:. Its always a gamble! :spliff:

chiaberry
01-07-11, 11:44
Wait grab already then announcement say MRT is 3 busstops away then you :banghead:. Its always a gamble! :spliff:

I think the devil's strategy is right. Wait for announcement. Wait for next px correction. Then go in. After all it will be 7 years to completion of TSL (that's provided no delays). In theory there shd be another px correction before then (again a gamble so decide which way you want to gamble!)

ysyap
01-07-11, 11:48
The stakes involved in such gambles are really huge. Its not like stepping into IR and lose $2k. Bank interest alone can rob you of $200k potentially, depending on your loan amount! :scared-1:

kingkong1984
01-07-11, 13:26
hmm very possible....

build HDBs first and den build some amenities or Malls den in between plots for EC, condos.....like dat ppl can upgrade to condos....all happy....

anyway, i am ok for condo to be wif HDBs...it will aso means u will hf gd demand from upgradders....hehe

Good post!

Condo and HDB support one another for mass market.

Different for luxury market.

U cannot have condo's without HDBS...

U cannot have HDBs without condo...

Its like apple and orange.. fruit punch!

ysyap
01-07-11, 13:53
Good post!

Condo and HDB support one another for mass market.

Different for luxury market.

U cannot have condo's without HDBS...

U cannot have HDBs without condo...

Its like apple and orange.. fruit punch!Hahaha.... if condo without HDB then there'll be a big rental market. :D And OCR condo will come with $500 psf price tag for today's market... :p only option mah! OCR become HDB, RCR become OCR and CCR split further into RCR and prime prime luxury! :spliff:

Eldenfirefly
19-07-11, 14:50
Hmmm, how come the other eastern region MRT line thread so much mroe active than this one ah? Isn't this Thomson line going to be finised 2 years earlier in 2018? :)

chiaberry
19-07-11, 18:06
Nothing much to discuss. Waiting for station locations to be announced (*waves to brother/sister mantrix). Much of the speculating has been done on skyscrapercity.com forum.

mantrix
19-07-11, 18:37
Nothing much to discuss. Waiting for station locations to be announced (*waves to brother/sister mantrix). Much of the speculating has been done on skyscrapercity.com forum.

*waves back*

i expect the news to be released in this year - meeting my friend soon who can tell me more :p

Eldenfirefly
19-07-11, 18:40
So do you guys know roughly where the Sin Ming station is likely to be? Or that's still unsure right now? Personal interest. :)

azeoprop
19-07-11, 22:14
Here is my guess:

1) Republic poly
2) Woodlands MRT
3) Somewhere near Sports school/innova JC
4)Then follow SLE underground, might have shell station there
5)cut under nee soon camp, station around springleaf estate
6) follow down the forested area cut across SLE another stop at Tagore industrial estate
7)again the forested area to reach YCK road, follow AMK ave 5, a stop at the temp campus of chij st nicholas
8) follow amk ave 4 down the hill to a stop opposite mayflower sec school.
9) cross bishan park, one stop at bishan park sec school opposite 402
10) another stop at thomson plaza
11) interchange station with marymount circle line
12) may parallel the circle line to join caldecott station
13) branch out to have a station at the heavy vehicle carpark opposite cube 8.
Then dunno liao haa haa....:o

Komo
19-07-11, 23:40
pls don't put a station at thomson plaza...maintain as it is:D

kane
19-07-11, 23:53
Hmmm, how come the other eastern region MRT line thread so much mroe active than this one ah? Isn't this Thomson line going to be finised 2 years earlier in 2018? :)

higher density in the east so more stakes involved. area north of balestier is probably one of the less congested areas now.

Komo
23-07-11, 13:34
looks like some kind of soil testing going on at:

This should be Sin Ming Station.

wind30
24-07-11, 08:23
skyscraper city reports a few

at Ave3 and Ave1 junction and Mayflower secondary.

I can't wait for the results. Especially the location of T7 which is supposed to be an interchange with a future Line.

azeoprop
24-07-11, 10:52
Wow...my anyhow guess so accurate one ar? :o

testtest
24-07-11, 11:29
Here is my guess:

1) Republic poly
2) Woodlands MRT
3) Somewhere near Sports school/innova JC
4)Then follow SLE underground, might have shell station there
5)cut under nee soon camp, station around springleaf estate
6) follow down the forested area cut across SLE another stop at Tagore industrial estate
7)again the forested area to reach YCK road, follow AMK ave 5, a stop at the temp campus of chij st nicholas
8) follow amk ave 4 down the hill to a stop opposite mayflower sec school.
10) another stop at thomson plaza
11) interchange station with marymount circle line
12) may parallel the circle line to join caldecott station
13) branch out to have a station at the heavy vehicle carpark opposite cube 8.
Then dunno liao haa haa....:o

Possible to interchange at Bishan with the NS and Circle lines....a truely interchange like shinjuku station :)

wind30
24-07-11, 17:22
Wow...my anyhow guess so accurate one ar? :o

??? got accurate meh? I thought not very accurate. At least for the section I am most interested in. Dunno about the rest.

If you are going down Avenue 4, there is no reason to enter from Ave 5 and turn more than 90degrees into Avenue 4.

Just doesn't make sense lah. If they are going down Ave 4, 99% they will continue north along Avenue 4 and passby the side of lentor.

There is also many soil investigation at lentor. Even got reports that LTA has given notices to people their to inspect their homes.

If they want to enter AMK from Ave5, it should be to do down through Ave 2. But that I think is unlikely as there is not much housing along Ave2.

kingkong1984
24-07-11, 19:45
Soil test can be done for any location on top of tracks and not station only...

Soil test can also be for land sales...

Haha...

kane
25-07-11, 00:21
??? got accurate meh? I thought not very accurate. At least for the section I am most interested in. Dunno about the rest.

If you are going down Avenue 4, there is no reason to enter from Ave 5 and turn more than 90degrees into Avenue 4.

Just doesn't make sense lah. If they are going down Ave 4, 99% they will continue north along Avenue 4 and passby the side of lentor.

There is also many soil investigation at lentor. Even got reports that LTA has given notices to people their to inspect their homes.

If they want to enter AMK from Ave5, it should be to do down through Ave 2. But that I think is unlikely as there is not much housing along Ave2.

yeah, ave 2 feels too sparse to justify having a station. somewhere in the middle of avenue 4 could even help serve St Nics.

mantrix
25-07-11, 09:18

Haha...

Could be for the NSE also...

kane
25-07-11, 09:43
Could be for the NSE also...

NSE soil test should have been completed since the route is known. Those soil test locations are quite different from the proposed NSE route.

zzz1
25-07-11, 18:09

Haha...
Correct ,, we should not be 'ass u me' that sighting soil test mean for mrt line.

mantrix
25-07-11, 20:08
NSE soil test should have been completed since the route is known. Those soil test locations are quite different from the proposed NSE route.

doesn't have to be right alone the NSE route...the impact radius is larger...

Antione
25-07-11, 23:17

Haha...

Bishan park reno cost 2 Billions. Thomson MRT line another few Billions.

I think the entire stretch of HDB blocks along AMK ave 1 will be demolished, to give ways to high rise private condo. Starting with those that hasn't gotten a lift-upgrading.

Those Billions need to be recovered.

kane
25-07-11, 23:24
Bishan park reno cost 2 Billions. Thomson MRT line another few Billions.

I think the entire stretch of HDB blocks along AMK ave 1 will be demolished, to give ways to high rise private condo. Starting with those that hasn't gotten a lift-upgrading.

Those Billions need to be recovered.

sell more land around the proposed stations, will that help recoup the expenditures?

speaking of impact radius? i'm honestly curious how far is a reasonable limit of impact radius. between amk ave 6 and lentor/yck junction, the distance is about 300m. Can the impact radius reach that far?

chiaberry
26-07-11, 20:15
Soil investigation along both sides of Upper Thomson Road just south of Thomson Plaza. Similar machines to those next to Bishan Park Sec Sch.

kingkong1984
27-07-11, 00:19
1 station near to Thomson Plaza cause alot of people need to go shopping.
1 station near to temple cause alot of people need to go pray...

hehe ..

kane
27-07-11, 01:16
1 station near to Thomson Plaza cause alot of people need to go shopping.
1 station near to temple cause alot of people need to go pray...

hehe ..

that mall is hardly worth adding a MRT station next to it. all the parents drive their kids to that mall for enrichment classes, and there isn't a great deal to shop there.

chiaberry
27-07-11, 07:22
that mall is hardly worth adding a MRT station next to it. all the parents drive their kids to that mall for enrichment classes, and there isn't a great deal to shop there.

It can be redeveloped. If you check the plot ratio I think it can be built up more.

kane
27-07-11, 08:15
Hopefully they do. Soo Chow residents will be very happy.

kingkong1984
27-07-11, 08:41
Hopefully they do. Soo Chow residents will be very happy.

some will not as they will be required to move..

move it move it.

chiaberry
27-07-11, 08:44
One of the soil testing machines is very near to a row of Soo Chow terraces that is parallel to Upp Thomson Road. I think those residents could have grounds to be worried about this.

kane
27-07-11, 09:01
One of the soil testing machines is very near to a row of Soo Chow terraces that is parallel to Upp Thomson Road. I think those residents could have grounds to be worried about this.

In all likelihood they are probably going to run the line under upper thomson before cutting in towards Sin Ming and AMK.

kingkong1984
27-07-11, 09:03
must go temple and pray pray... big big space there for afterlife services.

kane
27-07-11, 10:53
must go temple and pray pray... big big space there for afterlife services.
Ease the traffic during qing ming.

jc007
28-07-11, 01:45
Yes, a MRT station at Sin Ming Ave will ease traffic during Quing Ming month. Thomson Grand, Gardens at Bishan and Bishan Park and HDB residents around the area will provide the catchment to justify the MRT station to be located at Sin Ming Avenue. The MRT line will probably run down from Ang Mo Kio Ave 4 and turn to Ave 3, cut across AMK Ave 1 to Sin Ming Ave.

kane
03-08-11, 22:56
There's been some chatter of soil test around what they think to be Thomson line related. One chap in sin ming ave said he received a letter for site evaluation. Perhaps the announcement is not too far away.

mantrix
04-08-11, 08:56
coming soon...:D

kane
04-08-11, 12:09
coming soon...:D

Yes, should be. Soil test machines have been littered along amk ave 4. Plus some around Stevens road and near Maxwell market. The soil testing is going into overdrive.

mantrix
09-08-11, 10:02
Nessea club...

kane
21-08-11, 17:39
Soil test machines spotted further down ang mo kio ave 4, closer to ave 5 and ave 9.

azeoprop
21-08-11, 18:45
Soil test machines spotted further down ang mo kio ave 4, closer to ave 5 and ave 9.

Hrmm...then mayflower gardens and wellington gardens FH landed will be prized buy if a station is really there. :D

kane
21-08-11, 22:26
Hrmm...then mayflower gardens and wellington gardens FH landed will be prized buy if a station is really there. :D

yup, and if there's a station at lentor, that estate will be celebrating as well.

wind30
22-08-11, 00:49
yup, and if there's a station at lentor, that estate will be celebrating as well.

I hope they built some retail space if they do have a lentor station.

That will be really good.

Currently YCK MRT is sort of nearby but have nothing at all.

Most MRTs have some sort of retail/coffee shops, etc. YCK MRT totally have nothing. There isn't a coffee shop nearby even...

I think the demand should be there because there is nothing nearby and looking at the human traffic at YCK MRT which has grown over the years.

kane
22-08-11, 08:12
I hope they built some retail space if they do have a lentor station.

That will be really good.

Currently YCK MRT is sort of nearby but have nothing at all.

Most MRTs have some sort of retail/coffee shops, etc. YCK MRT totally have nothing. There isn't a coffee shop nearby even...

I think the demand should be there because there is nothing nearby and looking at the human traffic at YCK MRT which has grown over the years.

There isn't a big enough plot of land in lentor that's near all the high rise developments to justify retail mall. The closest alternative now is the market at St 61.

Terese
22-08-11, 08:55
Somehow MRT seem so "Common" now. i begin to worry about the stablity of the nearby places. :2cents:

Did saw some soil test done last month at teacher's estate so seem like everything is still not firm yet.

kane
22-08-11, 09:14
Somehow MRT seem so "Common" now. i begin to worry about the stablity of the nearby places. :2cents:

Did saw some soil test done last month at teacher's estate so seem like everything is still not firm yet.

Which part of teacher's estate?

Terese
22-08-11, 14:22
Which part of teacher's estate?
At the road outside the "Korean" School, Near the Mun Wah Garden and furtherdown Tagore Ave

wind30
22-08-11, 15:38

Yup. And I think the newer lines has too many stations. Don't know how long it takes to reach your destination.

Example, the new thomson line to orchard road from lentor has 9 stops vs NS line from YCK which has 7 stops.

And the NS line stops at all the impt places like orchard, sommerset, novena, douby, city hall, etc.

I think MRT also has different types. The older lines are still the most convenient. Some of the newer lines actually is not very useful.

azeoprop
22-08-11, 16:25
Wellington gardens, Fudu park and president gardens were only 450k++ when first launched in the late 80s.... :(

Now this price can only get a 5 room hdb flat. :banghead:

kane
22-08-11, 21:43
Yup. And I think the newer lines has too many stations. Don't know how long it takes to reach your destination.

Example, the new thomson line to orchard road from lentor has 9 stops vs NS line from YCK which has 7 stops.

And the NS line stops at all the impt places like orchard, sommerset, novena, douby, city hall, etc.

I think MRT also has different types. The older lines are still the most convenient. Some of the newer lines actually is not very useful.

this thomson line, if it cuts into the new downtown marina area will be useful for those who work there.

mkl22
07-09-11, 14:57

thomson line will intersect with orchard station.

kane
08-09-11, 15:44
thomson line will intersect with orchard station.

now that the soil test has been stepped up, wonder when the announcement for the stations will be.

jc007
08-09-11, 15:56
Coming soon. Maybe on October 8 when the rest of Circle line starts running ??

kane
08-09-11, 15:58
you referring to the western part of the circle line?

wind30
08-09-11, 23:23
now that the soil test has been stepped up, wonder when the announcement for the stations will be.

there is so many soil test in AMK....

kane
10-09-11, 09:39
there is so many soil test in AMK....

the shaft of the tunnel looks fairly certain, now the question is where will the station be.

mantrix
10-09-11, 18:10
Dun say dun give tips hor...Nessea Club

kane
10-09-11, 23:14
as in soil test spotted at nessea club?

mantrix
11-09-11, 00:26
as in soil test spotted at nessea club?

That was ages ago...since then Nessea Club is no more, having returned its lease back to the government (hintz) :D

wind30
11-09-11, 09:29
Dun say dun give tips hor...Nessea Club

I am sure there will not be a station open there unless the government develop the area. how to get enough traffic there to justify slowing down the entire line for everyone?

I hope the government don't put too many stations on the thomson line. If it ends up SLOWER than the NS line, people from woodlands will still take NS line and nobody will use the Thomson line.

wind30
11-09-11, 09:33
the shaft of the tunnel looks fairly certain, now the question is where will the station be.

ya lor so many debates last time.

I think it looks like it will follow Ave 4 past lentor. So many soil test machines all over that stretch. Like every 50m have one. Doesn't make sense to do such intensive testing unless they more or less has decided on the route.

kane
11-09-11, 10:16
That was ages ago...since then Nessea Club is no more, having returned its lease back to the government (hintz) :D

No properties within 3mins walking distance from nessea club. Eventually they could build some property there when they have built a station there, that's why they take back the land.

mantrix
11-09-11, 11:29
I am sure there will not be a station open there unless the government develop the area. how to get enough traffic there to justify slowing down the entire line for everyone?

I hope the government don't put too many stations on the thomson line. If it ends up SLOWER than the NS line, people from woodlands will still take NS line and nobody will use the Thomson line.

So having a station by your lentor would? You really seem rooting for the station to be built there :D

kane
11-09-11, 14:34
So having a station by your lentor would? You really seem rooting for the station to be built there :D

Lentor would only serve a few private condos and a landed estate. Backtrack 100m and they could potential serve those condos and the HDB estate in the area. But then would it be too close to the supposedly kebun bahru station... Let's see.

mantrix
11-09-11, 16:32
Lentor would only serve a few private condos and a landed estate. Backtrack 100m and they could potential serve those condos and the HDB estate in the area. But then would it be too close to the supposedly kebun bahru station... Let's see.

Lentor is served by YCK and that's it. Of course no harm in hoping for the best :D

The direction of the Thomson line has been determined (and within reasonable geographical constraints), and the venue of the stations almost done too - they have been deciding where along the line to put the stations and it's done too. Let's just wait for the news :D

kane
11-09-11, 16:37
Lentor is served by YCK and that's it. Of course no harm in hoping for the best :D

The direction of the Thomson line has been determined (and within reasonable geographical constraints), and the venue of the stations almost done too - they have been deciding where along the line to put the stations and it's done too. Let's just wait for the news :D

Which auspicious day are they saving the announcment for?

Terese
11-09-11, 17:16
Hoping there is 1 stn along upper thomson rd. Like that next time go makan prata, see monekys it will be easier. :cheers4:

mantrix
11-09-11, 18:15
Which auspicious day are they saving the announcment for?

I wish I knew too :(

mantrix
11-09-11, 18:25
Hoping there is 1 stn along upper thomson rd. Like that next time go makan prata, see monekys it will be easier. :cheers4:

There will be - confirmed - but maybe not so near the prata place lah. Still need to walk abit

zzz1
11-09-11, 22:36
The rate the ppl see the soil tests as anindicator seem to suggest every where also got a station. .......

kane
12-09-11, 01:07
There will be - confirmed - but maybe not so near the prata place lah. Still need to walk abit

it's a long walk from that casuarina prata place lah.

chiaberry
12-09-11, 07:13
it's a long walk from that casuarina prata place lah.

Can take bus down Upp Thomson Road to the station at/near Thomson Plaza.

Antione
12-09-11, 19:11
I wander what is the effect on the price of Meadows@Pierce when Thomson line is announced.

kane
12-09-11, 19:26
Depends on whether there's a station at lentor. If no, then there should hardly be any iimpact as tthe next station is probably closer to springleaf.

kane
12-09-11, 19:37
Repeated post.

wind30
12-09-11, 19:40

I live there what :)

anyway lentor has much more people than Nessea club area...

But I live closer to the YCK MRT side so still quite a bit of walk to reach the other side of Lentor.

wind30
12-09-11, 19:42

aiyo, backtrack 100m lor.... how long does it take for you to walk 100m anyway?

It is still nearby lentor.

I dunno anything but if I would bet, it would be near lentor. Mainly because it is near condos/HDB and there is a big plot of undeveloped land that is slated for housing. And there are probably 2 stations in AMK, one in the north AMK and the other near kebun bahru.

wind30
12-09-11, 19:46
Depends on whether there's a station at lentor. If no, then there should hardly be any iimpact as tthe next station is probably closer to springleaf.

lentor is quite far from Meadows.... probably more than 1km.

kane
12-09-11, 19:58
aiyo, backtrack 100m lor.... how long does it take for you to walk 100m anyway?

It is still nearby lentor.

I dunno anything but if I would bet, it would be near lentor. Mainly because it is near condos/HDB and there is a big plot of undeveloped land that is slated for housing. And there are probably 2 stations in AMK, one in the north AMK and the other near kebun bahru.

I'm not so sure it'll be at that lentor junction. But assumings it is. The distance from meadows is about 400-500m away.

wind30
12-09-11, 20:04
I'm not so sure it'll be at that lentor junction. But assumings it is. The distance from meadows is about 400-500m away.

??? I am sure it is not. Refer to google map. It is at around 1km, probably more.

Maybe we are refering to different junctions. But the nearest lentor junction to meadows is around 1km away.

I live there lah...

kane
12-09-11, 23:19
??? I am sure it is not. Refer to google map. It is at around 1km, probably more.

Maybe we are refering to different junctions. But the nearest lentor junction to meadows is around 1km away.

I live there lah...

yeah, that's why i was puzzled by your backtrack 100m comment. 500m or 1km at least like what you say.

mkl22
10-12-11, 08:24
Saw soil test being done at orchard boulevard near Camden medical. Should be for the Thomson line.

kane
10-12-11, 10:47
There's a lot of soil test outside the kampong chicken rice along Upper Thomson Road.

mantrix
10-12-11, 10:50
i see soil tests everywhere leh.

If stations announced may prevent the properties beside TSL stations from depreciating

kane
10-12-11, 16:18
The soil testing really kicking into high gear.

kane
12-12-11, 18:42
The north south line is so crowded right now. It badly needs the thomson line to be ready sooner rathet than later..

Pro888
12-12-11, 21:00
The north south line is so crowded right now. It badly needs the thomson line to be ready sooner rathet than later..

SMRT CEO mentioned "not crowded wat". Still can squeezzze somemore wat. Always complaint. Look at India. :D

Looking at Yishun BTO flats that are coming. It is massive. Some at Sembawang.

proud owner
12-12-11, 21:03
SMRT CEO mentioned "not crowded wat". Still can squeezzze somemore wat. Always complaint. Look at India. :D

Looking at Yishun BTO flats that are coming. It is massive. Some at Sembawang.

generally not crowded ... but at cityhall, raffles place, doby ghaut (circle line interchange) etc... damn crowded

why some even suggest, Pink train for girls only during peak hr ?
so selfish ...

kane
12-12-11, 21:08
generally not crowded ... but at cityhall, raffles place, doby ghaut (circle line interchange) etc... damn crowded

why some even suggest, Pink train for girls only during peak hr ?
so selfish ...

The commuters were packing into the trains like sardines at Bishan, Ang Mo Kio and City Hall.

jc007
14-12-11, 15:44
Any updates on MRT station location at Sin Ming and Upper Thomson Roads?:scared-2: . When will the official announcement be made ?:beats-me-man:

Pro888
17-12-11, 17:23
Any updates anyone ?

Saw few soil tests at junction of AMK ave 1 & Upper Thomson , outside Euphony condo the other 2 cant rem the exact locations.

Euphony condo?? Probably some alignment to be made??

mantrix
17-12-11, 21:58
Any updates anyone ?

Saw few soil tests at junction of AMK ave 1 & Upper Thomson , outside Euphony condo the other 2 cant rem the exact locations.

Euphony condo?? Probably some alignment to be made??

no way for Euphony...this is likely for the NSE instead

Komo
18-12-11, 18:08
will the current SMRT saga delay commencement of thomson line construction?:o

kane
18-12-11, 19:10
will the current SMRT saga delay commencement of thomson line construction?:o

The number of commuters affected by the north south lone breakdown just illustrates how reliant the commuters are to access to the northern part of Singapore. If anything, they should speed up the construction of thomson line. And in the meantime, double check on the east west line as the rail is aging as well but slightly newer than the north south rail.

Pro888
18-12-11, 19:21
The number of commuters affected by the north south lone breakdown just illustrates how reliant the commuters are to access to the northern part of Singapore. If anything, they should speed up the construction of thomson line. And in the meantime, double check on the east west line as the rail is aging as well but slightly newer than the north south rail.

Along major towns like Woodlands, Yishun, AMK, Bishan, Sembawang, Toa Payoh and shopping belt Orchard & Somerset. Pray hard during this festive season that nothing more will come. Sleepless nite???

solsys
18-12-11, 21:40
North got two expressways to town ( CTE, NSE ) and two mrt lines to town (north south and Thomson line)

East got one expressway to town and two mrt lines to town ( east west an downtown line)

West got one expressway to town and one MRT line ( east west )

North East got one expressway to town ( KPE ) and one mrt line (NEL )

North West got one expressway to town ( KJE cum BKE ) and one mrt line ( can't remember the name )

Overall winner is the north despite everyone say north cannot make it. The fact is.... It is secretly becoming very important artery to the far far north.

Guys, cast your sight further where u won't go to work late when SMRT screws your life up.

Having said that, SMRT CEO should step down. A poll shd be started. Primary roll is train service and secondary is retail.
Primary responsibility failed......

Komo
19-12-11, 05:36
they have lost sight of their priorities... maybe they should split into SMRT retail and SMRT mrt?:D

zzz1
19-12-11, 20:21
North got two expressways to town ( CTE, NSE ) and two mrt lines to town (north south and Thomson line)

East got one expressway to town and two mrt lines to town ( east west an downtown line)

West got one expressway to town and one MRT line ( east west )

North East got one expressway to town ( KPE ) and one mrt line (NEL )

North West got one expressway to town ( KJE cum BKE ) and one mrt line ( can't remember the name )

Overall winner is the north despite everyone say north cannot make it. The fact is.... It is secretly becoming very important artery to the far far north.

Guys, cast your sight further where u won't go to work late when SMRT screws your life up.

Having said that, SMRT CEO should step down. A poll shd be started. Primary roll is train service and secondary is retail.
Primary responsibility failed......

The intention of the far northern transport is to link up to far far north (JB)..

next time go JB visit old folk will be at breeze.....

kane
19-12-11, 20:42
The intention of the far northern transport is to link up to far far north (JB)..

next time go JB visit old folk will be at breeze.....

it needs to share the load with the toa payoh to yishun stretch...

proper-t
14-02-12, 15:39
Copied from another forum.

Announcement of stations akan datang. The latest accredited checkers was awarded in Apr 2011 and should be completing or completed their contract

See list of tenders awarded

Quote:
1.Awarded Date: 21/04/2011 2105AC Appointment of Accredited Checker for The Proposed Thomson Line (TSL) - Mainline Package D

2.Awarded Date: 21/04/2011 2104AC Appointment of Accredited Checker for The Proposed Thomson Line (TSL) - Mainline Package C

3. Awarded Date: 21/04/2011 2103AC Appointment of Accredited Checker for The Proposed Thomson Line (TSL) - Mainline Package B

4. Awarded Date: 21/04/2011 2102AC Appointment of Accredited Checker for The Proposed Thomson Line (TSL) - Mainline Package A

5. Awarded Date: 31/01/2011 2105 Architectural and Engineering Consultancy Services for the Proposed Thomson Line (TSL) - Mainline Package D

6. Awarded Date: 31/01/2011 2104 Architectural and Engineering Consultancy Services for the Proposed Thomson Line (TSL) - Mainline Package C

7. Awarded Date: 31/01/2011 2103 Architectural and Engineering Consultancy Services for the Proposed Thomson Line (TSL) - Mainline Package B

8. Awarded Date:10/01/2011 2108 Security and Protective Design Consultancy Services for the Proposed Thomson Line (TSL)

9. Awarded Date:31/01/2011 2102 Architectural and Engineering Consultancy Services for the Proposed Thomson Line (TSL) - Mainline Package A

10. Awarded Date:07/12/2010 2101 Architectural and Engineering Consultancy Services for the Proposed Thomson Line (TSL) Depot

kane
14-02-12, 16:16
if they want to bring in more people they need to get all this new lines up and running asap.

Pikachu1245
01-05-13, 11:46
they have lost sight of their priorities... maybe they should split into SMRT retail and SMRT mrt?:D

Lesson learnt for CEO/decision maker:
Appreciate your experienced staff especially technical staff. Do not retrench at the slightest setback like recession or market slow down. Once these staff are gone, things starts breaking down and it is hard to re-employ these staff back as they move on to other jobs/industries.....

New staff can't do many things that experienced staff can do as they accumulated these experience over many many years even though during interview new staff may present impressive résumé. :2cents: