PDA

View Full Version : Executive Condo - Go or no Go?

yowetan
17-08-10, 11:32
As above, let's discuss if EC is really worth to go for given the fact that HDB is already at skyhigh price and private properties are scaling further up.

devilplate
17-08-10, 11:42
As above, let's discuss if EC is really worth to go for given the fact that HDB is already at skyhigh price and private properties are scaling further up.

gd located EC cannot lose $ .....just like HDB BTO...:D

scsc
17-08-10, 13:05
yup, the key is good location! just like Nuovo

patricia
17-08-10, 13:28
Nuovo cannot be in good location leh! Right at the juntion of 2 very busy road.

yup, the key is good location! just like Nuovo

scsc
17-08-10, 13:40
Just for example only la..

Nuovo just my take cos i rate convenience highly.

Else maybe Simei Green also quite good for ppl that fancy east side..

what's yr cup of good EC ?

sleek
17-08-10, 13:45
Bishan Loft is better? :rolleyes:

devilplate
17-08-10, 16:07
Oldest ec eastvale. Hehe:D

yowetan
17-08-10, 16:59
if hsehold income jus above 10k, can appeal to get a new EC? worthy to get a new EC nowadays?

chua may lee
17-08-10, 21:27
Yes, my personal view is it is worth it if near MRT. Especially the one launching soon at Buangkok MRT called Esparina. Furthermore, Govt did away the levy for EC for upgraders during bad times and never install back so now even more worth it.

isaaclim
17-08-10, 21:40
Yes, my personal view is it is worth it if near MRT. Especially the one launching soon at Buangkok MRT called Esparina. Furthermore, Govt did away the levy for EC for upgraders during bad times and never install back so now even more worth it.

This maybe the most expensive EC ever launched. :)

neuron
17-08-10, 21:45
how about westmere?jurong lake district is an attractive development...

kane
17-08-10, 22:38
EC is worth the while if it's near the MRT.

Komo
17-08-10, 22:42
EC usually not at a very ideal location. I would say bishan loft is the best amongst all, in terms of location. Very convenient in a matured estate and pretty near MRT (very "walkable"). Somemore it's circle + NS line. Imagine just 10 min to Orchard road. Easily link to all major highways.

For other ECs I think value will depreciate fast, especially when they get older. Bishan loft will have better price support level.

Komo
17-08-10, 22:45

If price is too high and too near private condo pricing (which I think probably will), then it's not worth it.

zeq
17-08-10, 23:05

Too expensive.
Surely wont make money if buy ECs from govt.
Normally when ECs come out, it signals the closing end of the bull property market.

Komo
17-08-10, 23:14
also, govt timed it very well!

devilplate
17-08-10, 23:20
Too expensive.
Surely wont make money if buy ECs from govt.
Normally when ECs come out, it signals the closing end of the bull property market.

so which project will drop the most and by how much in %?

devilplate
17-08-10, 23:21
also, govt timed it very well!

govt dun time at all...got demand, they sell land:D

sleek
17-08-10, 23:23
Got la, they timed for GLS at peak ma? :D

Komo
17-08-10, 23:28

I noticed that EC land/project release is always when market is bullish. One reason is land location is not as ideal as private condo.
Shortening the completion requirement will also help govt to plan/time better. Everything under control... :D

devilplate
17-08-10, 23:29
Got la, they timed for GLS at peak ma? :D

i dun see it tat way...they shd reduce the number of GLS sites if they wana push up the bids...

teddybear
17-08-10, 23:32
Recent GLS sites mostly in 'like shit' locations! Still, they can be sold at such high prices! This means property prices is now in start of another golden age? :p

I noticed that EC land/project release is always when market is bullish. One reason is land location is not as ideal as private condo.
Shortening the completion requirement will also help govt to plan/time better. Everything under control... :D

sleek
17-08-10, 23:33
Not really la, maximise returns lor! :cheers1:

i dun see it tat way...they shd reduce the number of GLS sites if they wana push up the bids...

Komo
17-08-10, 23:34
release bit by bit....confirm list lah...reserve list lah...make everyone happy...huat together!! ...so who are the losers? (things must go one round wat...:D )

devilplate
17-08-10, 23:35

they can turn those undesirable EC sites to HDB

but i tink govt noe how to play EC segment...imagine they decide to release a land next to queenstown MRT for EC...and income ceiling capped at 10k...max can only sell for 800psf...:D

Komo
17-08-10, 23:36
they can turn those undesirable EC sites to HDB

but i tink govt noe how to play EC segment...imagine they decide to release a land next to queenstown MRT for EC...and income ceiling capped at 10k...max can only sell for 800psf...:D

...and ultra mm size:D

jlrx
17-08-10, 23:46
Recent GLS sites mostly in 'like shit' locations! Still, they can be sold at such high prices! This means property prices is now in start of another golden age? :p

Even the Lehman Brothers collapse, world financial market meltdown and Eurozone crisis could not stop the uptrend.

Although I believe in PROPERTISM - that property prices always go up in the long term - I don't really understand what is causing mass market condos to go above $1,100 / $1,200 psf.

Many reasons have been proposed, e.g. liquidity, low interest rates, high growth, immigration etc. but the market has an intelligence of its own which is greater than the intelligence of each individual.

Usually, we'll be able to know the reason only after the event, maybe 10 years from now the picture will be clearer.

RE_Owner
18-08-10, 10:07
if hsehold income jus above 10k, can appeal to get a new EC? worthy to get a new EC nowadays?

i heard a couple with gross income of $12k also got duxton!!!:simmering: govt really double standard!!!

devilplate
18-08-10, 10:16
i heard a couple with gross income of $12k also got duxton!!!:simmering: govt really double standard!!!

u heard? i heard many stories also...i even heard PR got HDB BTO!

kane
18-08-10, 22:48

most likely at point of application, they had only 8k. maybe one was unemployed...

RE_Owner
19-08-10, 10:05
most likely at point of application, they had only 8k. maybe one was unemployed...

no, the income was $12k when they apply. tats the frustration!!!

novel
19-08-10, 10:09
u heard? i heard many stories also...i even heard PR got HDB BTO!

PR cannot get HDB BTO?

I have a friend couple earning more than $20K gross income also get HDB...

teddybear
19-08-10, 10:19
They earn $12k but may be declare <$8k? :eek:

devilplate
19-08-10, 10:23
PR cannot get HDB BTO?

I have a friend couple earning more than $20K gross income also get HDB...

must have a SC to ballot for BTO and 20k or even 1mil annual household income also can buy resale HDB:p

devilplate
19-08-10, 10:24

just write to HDB and complain la! y complain here?:p

devilplate
19-08-10, 10:27

i even heard 3rd timer get BTO!:tongue3:

orange
19-08-10, 15:23
Many ppl who are millionaires also qualify for new HDB what. They only check salary, not bank account. Just resign from job or as company director, household income less than $8k, can leow. After getting hdb, go get another high paying job or resume business.

novel
19-08-10, 16:44
must have a SC to ballot for BTO and 20k or even 1mil annual household income also can buy resale HDB:p

new hdb lah!

I think Orange might be right...the basic salary statement is less than $8K but got alot of other hidden variables :P

devilplate
19-08-10, 16:59
with so much cash on hand and nvr buy any pte ppty...hmmm...bcoz wana buy BTO? hehe

devilplate
19-08-10, 17:02
new hdb lah!

I think Orange might be right...the basic salary statement is less than $8K but got alot of other hidden variables :P

wow...20k declared income and yet got bto? special service/relationship?:D

novel
19-08-10, 17:32
haiya..no lah! I mean IRAS declared $8K salary per mth but other hidden variables not declared. :P