PDA

View Full Version : Rio Vista Condo

glwk9
08-09-10, 14:29
Hi gurus,

I'm looking at Rio Vista for own-stay. Property Guru has someone selling a 1055sqft at $705k nego.

Wonder what will be the appropriate asking price for a 2-bedder in this development?

Thank you so much!

Blessings,

Condorich
08-09-10, 17:28
Hi gurus,

I'm looking at Rio Vista for own-stay. Property Guru has someone selling a 1055sqft at $705k nego.

Wonder what will be the appropriate asking price for a 2-bedder in this development?

Thank you so much!

Blessings,

Own stay no need to think so much as long as you like the unit and the price is reasonable. How to define reasonable, look at similar units in the same development and their transacted price.

You can also look at psf basis, facing and condition of unit. Range should be mass market prices $500 psf to $650 psf (guide only). Appropriate asking price is subjective. Crazy people ask crazy prices. The one beside much cheaper but...

devilplate
08-09-10, 18:03
Hi gurus,

Thank you so much!

Blessings,

quite low asking....fishing ad???

3bedder oredi hit 700psf for above 10th flr....

mantrix
08-09-10, 22:50

Just 3 yrs ago my friend sold her 3 bedder for 550k...how times have changed...

devilplate
09-09-10, 00:15
Just 3 yrs ago my friend sold her 3 bedder for 550k...how times have changed...

how paper money shrinkssss

hyenergix
09-09-10, 07:37
The purchasing power of a dollar *within* Singapore will shrink further due to US and Europe problems. Any demand of goods will still come from the asia e.g. China, Indonesia etc. So Asia will get richer at the expense of US and Europe in the next few years.

However it takes many years for infrastructure such as schools to be built up. Hence many richer Asians will come to Singapore to bring up their family or use it as a base for their regional business. The problem is exacerbated by the current immigrants who bring back the good news about the living standard here and more will come in to buy up the properties. And we haven't talked about Americans and Europeans who want to come to Singapore to look for work...

But we got to watch out for increase in interest rates (because many who are buying now are likely to be taking up large loans), and possibly a biological threat e.g. SARS because of our high population density and inadequate hospitals.

glwk9
09-09-10, 13:56

I feel the price is still quite market-rate. A check from URA on the previous transactions indicated 2-bedder is below $700k.

Any comments on the this development?

glwk9
09-09-10, 13:57
Thanks to all who replied... Appreciate =)

Any comments on this development despite leasehold @ 99yrs?

rainy
09-09-10, 14:07
Thanks to all who replied... Appreciate =)

Any comments on this development despite leasehold @ 99yrs?

is this the only area you are looking at ?

glwk9
09-09-10, 14:13
is this the only area you are looking at ?

Preferably within D19,20,26,28. Need to send my daughter to child-care in AMK. Did also consider Tangerine Grove (price is pretty steep), Castle Green (more than 10 yrs and psf quite high), other smaller boutique projects like Jansen Residences etc

Any recommendations? Pls share... thanks =)

devilplate
09-09-10, 18:30
I feel the price is still quite market-rate. A check from URA on the previous transactions indicated 2-bedder is below $700k.

Any comments on the this development?

u actually called and viewed oredi??? genuine ad?

devilplate
09-09-10, 18:32
Preferably within D19,20,26,28. Need to send my daughter to child-care in AMK. Did also consider Tangerine Grove (price is pretty steep), Castle Green (more than 10 yrs and psf quite high), other smaller boutique projects like Jansen Residences etc

how abt florida/evergreen park...

gohsoonk
10-09-10, 08:14
At a time like this (when property prices are so high), it might make sense to buy a lower quantum apartment. Did you consider ECs in AMK (e.g. Nuovo)?

To travel from D19 (depend on which part and timing) to AMK every day can be a headache.

11-09-10, 07:05
Regentville ? Serenity park ? not masny condos in amk except grandeur 8

mantrix
12-09-10, 10:28

Maybe some fire-sales from Centro?

glwk9
13-09-10, 14:44
u actually called and viewed oredi??? genuine ad?

I have not viewed the unit yet. Looking for FH or 999-leased first. Went to see Tangerine Grove over the weekend. Asking psf rather steep.

glwk9
13-09-10, 14:45
how abt florida/evergreen park...

Compare among these 3 developments (Rio, Florida and Evergreen), my take is still Rio...

glwk9
13-09-10, 14:47

Regentville is a no-no for me... ;)

Serenity Park...though it's a FH but quite an old development from Far East.

glwk9
13-09-10, 14:50
At a time like this (when property prices are so high), it might make sense to buy a lower quantum apartment. Did you consider ECs in AMK (e.g. Nuovo)?

To travel from D19 (depend on which part and timing) to AMK every day can be a headache.

haha... Nuovo offers pretty large sqft sizes and hence the quantum can be rather on the high side.

May look at The Florentine project...

15-09-10, 17:27
Care to share why not regentville, as prices still looks reasonable to me? :confused:

Regentville is a no-no for me... ;)

Serenity Park...though it's a FH but quite an old development from Far East.

gohsoonk
16-09-10, 20:51
I thought this was the condo that appeared in the papers..the litter always raining down on the patio unit...

Care to share why not regentville, as prices still looks reasonable to me? :confused:

mantrix
17-09-10, 07:06
I thought this was the condo that appeared in the papers..the litter always raining down on the patio unit...

Same condo where fire broke out too...

17-09-10, 18:12
quite a dielama, get high floor maybe trapped by fire (think Towering inferno) get ground floor maybe hitted by killer litter.

Possible solution is to go for the low floors

Just kidding. :p

Same condo where fire broke out too...

timsumgirl
20-09-10, 16:46
a girlfriend of mine stayed in Rio Vista. Visited the place one. The unit is quite well spaced out and dun feel crampy as compared to those newer condo. The facilities and landscaping is quite good, nice big pool.

For a 2bedroom, more than 900 sft is consider good size.

glwk9
20-09-10, 18:01
quite a dielama, get high floor maybe trapped by fire (think Towering inferno) get ground floor maybe hitted by killer litter.

This project does not really have a good track record. Not in my list of development to buy.

glwk9
20-09-10, 18:03
a girlfriend of mine stayed in Rio Vista. Visited the place one. The unit is quite well spaced out and dun feel crampy as compared to those newer condo. The facilities and landscaping is quite good, nice big pool.

For a 2bedroom, more than 900 sft is consider good size.

Yeah agree! The only thing is that it's 99-yr LH and over 700 units in this development.

cashrich
20-09-10, 18:08

I think it might be a case that the patio owner tracked down the culprit and set his house on fire. Anyway that is a joke.

LITTER STARTED THE FIRE...

WE DID NOT START THE FIRE...

IT WAS THE OWNERS FAULT....

just joking.

fooblackie
21-09-10, 08:44
Just to put a couple of comments as i stay around the area...

there are 3 ECs and this pte condo Rio Vista surrounding Punngol park. In terms of pricing, all these 4 condos are roughly in the same ballpark.

Among these 4 condos, Rio Vista has the worst view and it literally faces the drain and do not have direct park view compared to the 3 ECs. The outlook of the estate is something which I do not personally find desirable.

W/o parkview, it is also not near enough to ameneties like the MRT or supermarkets. The Florida besides it is alot better in terms of these. I believe you still can do a 10-12 min walk to Hougang Mrt.

If one die die wish to stay around this area, my best bet is The Rivervale if you do not mind the outlook of the estate (more HDB-looking). The location is very good and walking distance to Buangkok Mrt. It offers park view for most units (pls buy 7th floor and above). It has a supermarket and coffee-shop just across the road.

Park Green (where I stay) is newer but has far lesser amenities. It is a quiet place and if you can drive all the time, I will more highly recommend it to you. H/w, pls note that there are no 2-Bedders in Park Green. It is either 3 or 4 bedders.

Anyway, I am moving out in a couple of months. I will certainly miss the Parkview. It is a the best part of staying in this area.

devilplate
21-09-10, 12:22

there are 3 ECs and this pte condo Rio Vista surrounding Punngol park. In terms of pricing, all these 4 condos are roughly in the same ballpark.

Among these 4 condos, Rio Vista has the worst view and it literally faces the drain and do not have direct park view compared to the 3 ECs. The outlook of the estate is something which I do not personally find desirable.

W/o parkview, it is also not near enough to ameneties like the MRT or supermarkets. The Florida besides it is alot better in terms of these. I believe you still can do a 10-12 min walk to Hougang Mrt.

If one die die wish to stay around this area, my best bet is The Rivervale if you do not mind the outlook of the estate (more HDB-looking). The location is very good and walking distance to Buangkok Mrt. It offers park view for most units (pls buy 7th floor and above). It has a supermarket and coffee-shop just across the road.

Park Green (where I stay) is newer but has far lesser amenities. It is a quiet place and if you can drive all the time, I will more highly recommend it to you. H/w, pls note that there are no 2-Bedders in Park Green. It is either 3 or 4 bedders.

Anyway, I am moving out in a couple of months. I will certainly miss the Parkview. It is a the best part of staying in this area.

certain units at rivervale offers the best parkview.....park+pond right in the middle ...nice view and breezy....last yr i chance upon a unit lor...but 14th flr leh...haha

parkgreen will no longer be quiet when construction next door starts....mabe tats y u sold ur place?

21-09-10, 14:01
Interesting comments on the condos in the area, especially on the part of rivervale looking HDB like which i fully agree.

fooblackie
21-09-10, 16:04
certain units at rivervale offers the best parkview.....park+pond right in the middle ...nice view and breezy....last yr i chance upon a unit lor...but 14th flr leh...haha

parkgreen will no longer be quiet when construction next door starts....mabe tats y u sold ur place?

Not really. My unit is farest away from the construction so hopefully it will be spared from the brunt of the noise and dust.

I am moving cos I wish my kids to study in my pri school in the West.

If not, I would have stayed put in Park Green. It is pretty nice place to call home and with a park view, it is quite scenic. I only realised it when doing house-shopping haha...

But comparing Park Green (newer, more condo-looking) and The Rivervale (older, more HDB looking), I will still go for the Rivervale as it is closer to amenities and better connected by public transport (bus, mrt and Lrt).

It is also so much easier to get to the park from Rivervale than PG. We have been lobbying for the govt to build a bridge across to the Park to no avail... :sleep:

Aceman
09-12-10, 12:07
Hi this is my first post here on this forum, I registered myself here, cos I am i the market to buy a 2Bdr around D19 for investment. (Might get some messages in my inbox now..)

Anyway, I live at Rivervale Crest (RVC) right now, and do jog around the area. Personally, comparing to other establishments around the area, and running the risk of sounding bias - think RVC is one of the better choices to live in around that area.

Now, on Rio Vista - I personally like the location of the establishment, yes it faces the river and beyond the river it has its greenery also. I am not sure how far the green belt exends to as my view is from the walkway along the river level.

However, this nice little path should be the start of a nice long meandering path to Punggol Point. Don't hold me to this, but from my walks and runs and monitoring the works along this path, and under the KPE towards Coney Island, it looks like this is the eventual game plan. Now, this is going to be a nice long, jogging, cycling track in its evetuality with stalls and cafe en route.

The downside is of course,the walk to the main road to catch a bus, and as it hasnt got a LRT station, residents are utilising the shuttle buses that ply from Sengkang MRT station ( if I am not wrong). From what I heard this bus is not exactly big, that there is always a long queue and one has to wait, usually, for the next one hop on. Now, that is going to frustrating, especially after a long day at work...you're so close to home but not quite.

fooblackie
09-12-10, 14:59
Hi this is my first post here on this forum, I registered myself here, cos I am i the market to buy a 2Bdr around D19 for investment. (Might get some messages in my inbox now..)

Anyway, I live at Rivervale Crest (RVC) right now, and do jog around the area. Personally, comparing to other establishments around the area, and running the risk of sounding bias - think RVC is one of the better choices to live in around that area.

Now, on Rio Vista - I personally like the location of the establishment, yes it faces the river and beyond the river it has its greenery also. I am not sure how far the green belt exends to as my view is from the walkway along the river level.

However, this nice little path should be the start of a nice long meandering path to Punggol Point. Don't hold me to this, but from my walks and runs and monitoring the works along this path, and under the KPE towards Coney Island, it looks like this is the eventual game plan. Now, this is going to be a nice long, jogging, cycling track in its evetuality with stalls and cafe en route.

The downside is of course,the walk to the main road to catch a bus, and as it hasnt got a LRT station, residents are utilising the shuttle buses that ply from Sengkang MRT station ( if I am not wrong). From what I heard this bus is not exactly big, that there is always a long queue and one has to wait, usually, for the next one hop on. Now, that is going to frustrating, especially after a long day at work...you're so close to home but not quite.

Are you serious? the river looks more like long kang haha.

The ulu-ness of Rio Vista is something to take note... no amenities will be an issue. Your current place at rivervale crest has a small mall beside it.

I stayed at Park Green and there is literally no amenities within 500m radius. it is pretty bad situation except the development and view of the park is the compensating factor...

Aceman
09-12-10, 16:21
I read that there is no 2BDRM ar Park Green, so a safe bet is at RVC and Rivervale? I dont think at this moment there are any in the market right now.

peterlee
30-04-12, 14:01
i nearly buy a penthouse unit overlooking the 'forest' 2 years back. it has a very nice view of the lush 'forest' opposite the river, but now that the lush greeneries has been flattened to make way for a pretty large industrial park, what view has Rio Vista got now?

When boathouse was launched last year, I took time to walk down to riverside overlooking the forest. It is nice. but omg. i can literally hear the constant humming sound emitted from vehicles entering / exiting the KPE.

And now that the 'forest' is gone, i'd suppose the noise will be amplified further.

darling
30-06-20, 20:19
i nearly buy a penthouse unit overlooking the 'forest' 2 years back. it has a very nice view of the lush 'forest' opposite the river, but now that the lush greeneries has been flattened to make way for a pretty large industrial park, what view has Rio Vista got now?

Oh? Now is 2020 the view is still awesome. It is a16 years old project now, I wonder if it is a good choice to make a purchase for one unit there. The newer surrounding condo pales in comparison in term of size. Pls advise.

By the way the long kang view is awesome. Maybe
it had evolved over the years. Hahah...

Arcachon
06-07-20, 10:58
Oh? Now is 2020 the view is still awesome. It is a16 years old project now, I wonder if it is a good choice to make a purchase for one unit there. The newer surrounding condo pales in comparison in term of size. Pls advise.

By the way the long kang view is awesome. Maybe
it had evolved over the years. Hahah...

https://scontent.fsin4-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/106433482_10219335800038666_3219412524985716580_o.jpg?_nc_cat=109&_nc_sid=8024bb&_nc_ohc=cLRO6yDUwkQAX9Vu1mv&_nc_ht=scontent.fsin4-1.fna&oh=2cca1dcaf654055d5d906bcf88b9d063&oe=5F2854E4