PDA

View Full Version : New rules 'unlikely to hit luxury homes'

mr funny
11-09-10, 16:19
http://www.straitstimes.com/Money/Story/STIStory_574638.html

Sep 4, 2010

New rules 'unlikely to hit luxury homes'

Prices of high-end projects have not peaked and are still reasonable, says developer

By Harsha Jethnani

THE new rules aimed at cooling the property market are not likely to affect high-end homes, according to a local developer.

Wing Tai Holdings deputy chairman Edmund Cheng said yesterday: 'Looking at today's prices, the high-end market and prices of very luxurious projects have not reached the last peak yet.'

He also believes there will be buyers, both locally and especially from overseas, for pricey properties.

'I think that we are still very reasonable,' he said, when comparing local prices with those in Hong Kong or Beijing, especially considering the economic and living standards in Singapore.

Mr Cheng said the new measures were 'timely', as the price rises of mass-market homes were not sustainable.

But significant price falls may not occur as low interest rates pose fewer difficulties for financing, he added.

Mr Cheng said that, unlike in the past, price bids from developers for future tenders could adjust downwards. So far, developers have been bidding at very high prices that cannot allow for margins of error.

He was speaking at a briefing to announce the upcoming launch of remaining units at Wing Tai's resort-style Belle Vue Residences in Oxley Walk. A soft launch of the development had taken place over a year ago.

'There is no better timing than now,' he said of the upcoming launch.

A total of 109 units have been sold so far at the 167-unit development at prices between $2,000 per sq ft (psf) and $2,700 psf. The remaining units will be set at $2,300 psf to $2,800 psf.

Mr Cheng told the briefing that foreigners, mainly Chinese, Malaysians and Indonesians, had taken up about 52 per cent of the units sold.

Sizes of a three-bedroom unit start from 1,600 sq ft, and those of four-bedroom units are from 2,000 sq ft.

The development is designed by Japanese architect Toyo Ito and will be ready for occupation in the coming weeks, Wing Tai said.

[email protected]

peterng8
11-09-10, 21:50
NV Residences get good response despite property market curbs

The latest launch by City Developments – NV Residences (http://lushhomemedia.com/2010/08/13/nv-residences-pasir-ris-grove/) in Pasir Ris Grove – has received good response despite the property market curbs announced late last month.
A total of 160 of the 200 units released were snapped up during the property’s private preview this week.
The company’s group general manager, Mr Chia Ngiang Hong, said: “We’re very encouraged by the good response for NV Residences, which shows a healthy demand for a well-positioned and attractively-priced residence in the east, particularly amongst owner-occupiers.”
The 99-year leasehold condominium development consists of eight 12 to 15-storey blocks. It has a total of 642 units and is priced at an average $830 per sq ft.
There are one to four- bedroom units, some with an attached study, as well as six penthouses. Their sizes range from 495 sq ft for the one-bedroom unit to 2,497 sq ft for the penthouses.
Prices per unit range from $557,000 for a one-bedroom unit to $1.9 million for the penthouse.
Recreational facilities include lap pools, jacuzzis, a gym, saunas, tennis courts and a children’s playground.
About 480 units are still available in NV Residences, which is located within walking distance of Pasir Ris MRT Station and near major expressways.
Source : Today – 10 Sep 2010

cashrich
11-09-10, 21:59
NV Residences get good response despite property market curbs

The latest launch by City Developments – NV Residences (http://lushhomemedia.com/2010/08/13/nv-residences-pasir-ris-grove/) in Pasir Ris Grove – has received good response despite the property market curbs announced late last month.
A total of 160 of the 200 units released were snapped up during the property’s private preview this week.
The company’s group general manager, Mr Chia Ngiang Hong, said: “We’re very encouraged by the good response for NV Residences, which shows a healthy demand for a well-positioned and attractively-priced residence in the east, particularly amongst owner-occupiers.”
The 99-year leasehold condominium development consists of eight 12 to 15-storey blocks. It has a total of 642 units and is priced at an average $830 per sq ft.
There are one to four- bedroom units, some with an attached study, as well as six penthouses. Their sizes range from 495 sq ft for the one-bedroom unit to 2,497 sq ft for the penthouses.
Prices per unit range from $557,000 for a one-bedroom unit to $1.9 million for the penthouse.
Recreational facilities include lap pools, jacuzzis, a gym, saunas, tennis courts and a children’s playground.
About 480 units are still available in NV Residences, which is located within walking distance of Pasir Ris MRT Station and near major expressways.
Source : Today – 10 Sep 2010

can only off load 160 out of 642... write until response so hot! :doh:

25% only ....

without measures maybe can clear 50%...

peterng8
11-09-10, 22:10
can only off load 160 out of 642... write until response so hot! :doh:

25% only ....

without measures maybe can clear 50%...

yeah lor because of the ruling...buay steady one...announce and implement with immediate effect, not enough time given like an earthquake like that ..why so desparate...maybe in the ivory tower for too long, do not know what the people want...another rule on the bus towards resort world..also immediate effect..those bus companies KPKB as they invested many millions...dont knw what happen nowaday, it seems different from the usual way things that have been done in the past....:doh: are there too many FT now in garmen service?

I have encountered so many FTs the way they work make me think we are teaching them to be better not the other way...only a minority of them are really good..I admitted that we can learn from them...the rest are just here to compete with a lower pay and to learn from Singapore...:( :( very sad for my next generation...:(

cashrich
11-09-10, 22:25
yeah lor because of the ruling...buay steady one...announce and implement with immediate effect, not enough time given like an earthquake like that ..why so desparate...maybe in the ivory tower for too long, do not know what the people want...another rule on the bus towards resort world..also immediate effect..those bus companies KPKB as they invested many millions...dont knw what happen nowaday, it seems different from the usual way things that have been done in the past....:doh: are there too many FT now in garmen service?

I have encountered so many FTs the way they work make me think we are teaching them to be better not the other way...only a minority of them are really good..I admitted that we can learn from them...the rest are just here to compete with a lower pay and to learn from Singapore...:( :( very sad for my next generation...:(

yup, caught me by surprise too..

with immediate effect... only in Singapore. Super efficient and effective.