PDA

View Full Version : NEW CONDO @ BEDOK CENTRAL BY CAPITALAND

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

DC33_2008
13-09-10, 22:51
This area is going to be hot soon with Capitaland developing this area with new Bus terminal, shopping malls and apartments. Average asking price $1100psf?

cashrich
13-09-10, 22:53
This area is going to be hot soon with Capitaland developing this area with new Bus terminal, shopping malls and apartments. Average asking price $1100psf?

My guess $1200 psf on avg

noblebaby
13-09-10, 22:55
Shareholders of Capland wish to see $1300-1400psf!

sleek
13-09-10, 23:04
CapitaLand's new Bedok development likely to draw HDB upgraders
By May Wong | Posted: 13 September 2010 2041 hrs (http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/singaporebusinessnews/view/1080951/1/.html)

SINGAPORE : CapitaLand has said its new development at Bedok Town will likely attract potential buyers such as HDB upgraders.

Property analysts believe the area will also be rejuvenated as it now lacks new residential and commercial developments.

The Bedok Bus Interchange will receive a facelift in the fourth quarter of next year. The bus interchange, together with a piece of land next to it, will be transformed and incorporated into a 13-storey residential cum commercial building.

CapitaLand's integrated development will have about 500 residential units, which make up about 60 per cent of the project. The remaining 40 per cent will be allocated to two basement levels of shopping area.

CapitaLand said the project will cater to about 300,000 residents living around the area, which is said to be the largest HDB estate in Singapore.

Aside from neighbourhood retailers, the new project is set to offer more variety.

Lim Beng Chee, CEO, CapitaMalls Asia, said: "What we're going to do is something different - like for example, in this place you can't find a 'cha chaan teng' (Chinese tea cafe), you cannot find Ramen, you cannot even find a Starbucks coffee or something similar.

"So I think these are the traits that will complement the F&B side. On top of that, there'll be some fashion that is affordable that we can bring over - the popular brands currently are Uniqlo."

The nearest shopping place currently is about three bus stops away - Tampines Mall - or you have to take a train down to Bugis Junction, which is about seven stops away, or you have to go to Parkway Parade.

But after the development, residents can enjoy shopping in a well-serviced shopping mall at their doorstep.

Mr Lim said the government's recent measures to cool the property market will have little impact on its development because at "this place, there's a lack of private condominium. I'm quite confident that when we launch it, it'll be well taken (up)."

Analysts expect the selling price of the residential units to average around S$1,100 per square foot (psf) or more, while the retail rent will likely range between S$15 and S$27 psf per month.

The project is expected to be fully completed in the first half of 2015.

- CNA/al

levittdub
14-09-10, 08:14
$1200 sounds like a "fair" price vis-a-vis Centro Residence at Ang Mo Kio. Even if they launch it at $1300, there will be no shortage of buyers.

sleek
14-09-10, 08:26
HDB Launches Sale Of Site At Bedok Reservoir Crescent By Tender Under Design, Build And Sell Scheme (DBSS) (http://www.hdb.gov.sg/fi10/fi10296p.nsf/PressReleases/2047F2A523BB29E14825779D0030044B?OpenDocument)

Date issued : 13 Sep 2010

The Housing and Development Board is launching Land Parcel Bedok PH1 located at Bedok Reservoir Crescent for sale by public tender under the Design, Build and Sell Scheme (DBSS) on 14 Sep 2010 (Tuesday). The tender will close at 12 noon on 2 Nov 2010 (Tuesday).

Details of Site

2The new DBSS site is located in Bedok Town, a choice residential town surrounded by excellent amenities such as Town Centre, Neighbourhood Centres, schools, Bedok Reservoir, parks, cinemas, supermarkets, a library, swimming complex, as well as sports and transportation facilities. Land Parcel Bedok PH1 is situated just an exit away from the Pan-Island Expressway (PIE) and is also connected by trunk roads from Marine Parade, Tampines, Simei and neighbouring districts. The Bedok MRT Station and Bedok Bus Interchange are within easy reach at the Town Centre. With the new Bedok Town Park MRT station on the Downtown Line 3 completing in 2017, residents will have an alternative transport choice close to their home. The details of the land parcel are as follows:

Location Bedok Reservoir Crescent (http://www.hdb.gov.sg/fi10/fi10297p.nsf/ImageView/CORPORATE_PR_Bedok%20PH2/$file/BEDOK+PH2+plan.pdf) http://www.hdb.gov.sg/fi10/fi10297p.nsf/ImageView/INFOWEBICON/$file/icon-pdf.gif (PDF 528KB)
Proposed Development Public Housing
Site Area 16,668.2 sq m
Max. Allowable GFA [GPR]46,670.96 sq m [2.8]
Estimated Dwelling Units430
Lease Term 103 years (includes a 48-month construction period)

14-09-10, 08:34
wah so fast they already drum up interest. Did they say when they are launching?

I think a critical milestone would be securing a real "anchor" tenant not just F&B for the retail portion to be successful, cos we know singaporeans will travel half way across the island just for food, anyway.

DC33_2008
14-09-10, 08:42
I think this development will sell rather well as the infrastructure has already been developed and not so many mrt stops to city and changi expo or even the 4th university.

sleek
14-09-10, 08:49
The Straits Times article today mentioned that the Residential units should be launched about 3Q2011. :o

noblebaby
14-09-10, 08:57
This one vry near to future Bedok town park MRT. Land around reservoir is depleting....

HDB Launches Sale Of Site At Bedok Reservoir Crescent By Tender Under Design, Build And Sell Scheme (DBSS) (http://www.hdb.gov.sg/fi10/fi10296p.nsf/PressReleases/2047F2A523BB29E14825779D0030044B?OpenDocument)

Date issued : 13 Sep 2010

The Housing and Development Board is launching Land Parcel Bedok PH1 located at Bedok Reservoir Crescent for sale by public tender under the Design, Build and Sell Scheme (DBSS) on 14 Sep 2010 (Tuesday). The tender will close at 12 noon on 2 Nov 2010 (Tuesday).

Details of Site

2The new DBSS site is located in Bedok Town, a choice residential town surrounded by excellent amenities such as Town Centre, Neighbourhood Centres, schools, Bedok Reservoir, parks, cinemas, supermarkets, a library, swimming complex, as well as sports and transportation facilities. Land Parcel Bedok PH1 is situated just an exit away from the Pan-Island Expressway (PIE) and is also connected by trunk roads from Marine Parade, Tampines, Simei and neighbouring districts. The Bedok MRT Station and Bedok Bus Interchange are within easy reach at the Town Centre. With the new Bedok Town Park MRT station on the Downtown Line 3 completing in 2017, residents will have an alternative transport choice close to their home. The details of the land parcel are as follows:

Location Bedok Reservoir Crescent (http://www.hdb.gov.sg/fi10/fi10297p.nsf/ImageView/CORPORATE_PR_Bedok%20PH2/$file/BEDOK+PH2+plan.pdf)http://www.hdb.gov.sg/fi10/fi10297p.nsf/ImageView/INFOWEBICON/$file/icon-pdf.gif (PDF 528KB)
Proposed Development Public Housing
Site Area 16,668.2 sq m
Max. Allowable GFA [GPR]46,670.96 sq m [2.8]
Estimated Dwelling Units430
Lease Term 103 years (includes a 48-month construction period)

sleek
14-09-10, 09:01
IIRC, its just opposite the Sheng Siong Market and Shops.

This one vry near to future Bedok town park MRT. Land around reservoir is depleting....

DC33_2008
14-09-10, 09:12
Not as good as bedok central in terms of infrastructure and amenities. Sheng Siong is also not upmarket.

cashrich
14-09-10, 09:15

Not really.. the park could go and the schools could be relocated. Didn't you notice that they placed MRT exits nearer to schools.

Easy to shift schools if they really want to, its afterall ah gong's land.

With this launch, the prices of condo's should be moderated.

Imagine, DBSS with the same view at a fraction of the price i.e. 30% to 50% off? Wow... wait no further. The consolation is that these are the same group of people who will upgrade to condo after MOP.

Wild Falcon
14-09-10, 13:29
Agree on the former point. Bedok Town Park would be way inferior on the DTL3 line which takes maybe 15 stations with interchanges and many transfers to hit Orchard or Raffles Place. Bedok would be way superior as it is sitting on the radial E-W line. But I still think 1200psf for Bedok and 99LH is pricey. But I guess the east is famous for being the most dense and crowded and populated part of Singapore. So demand should be very high from the humongous population catchment. Just Bedok alone already got half a million population. Unbelievable. Join the crowds!

Not as good as bedok central in terms of infrastructure and amenities. Sheng Siong is also not upmarket.

hyenergix
14-09-10, 14:33
Agree on the former point. Bedok Town Park would be way inferior on the DTL3 line which takes maybe 15 stations with interchanges and many transfers to hit Orchard or Raffles Place. Bedok would be way superior as it is sitting on the radial E-W line. But I still think 1200psf for Bedok and 99LH is pricey. But I guess the east is famous for being the most dense and crowded and populated part of Singapore. So demand should be very high from the humongous population catchment. Just Bedok alone already got half a million population. Unbelievable. Join the crowds!

This area has many landed properties e.g. Siglap. I'm sure the owners will want a unit there.

Wild Falcon
15-09-10, 12:11
The largest population catchment is definitely there. Highest populated and most dense/cramped HDB and private is all in Bedok, Tampines, East Coast, Hougang. Just these few areas already account for > 1 million people already. just need 0.01% of them to buy and voila! sold out.

This area has many landed properties e.g. Siglap. I'm sure the owners will want a unit there.

noblebaby
15-09-10, 14:07
this area will be the first to sink in 2012 :banghead:

The largest population catchment is definitely there. Highest populated and most dense/cramped HDB and private is all in Bedok, Tampines, East Coast, Hougang. Just these few areas already account for > 1 million people already. just need 0.01% of them to buy and voila! sold out.

DC33_2008
19-12-10, 15:48
What are they launching this project? Early 2010?;)

august
19-12-10, 22:14
any involvement from world class iconic architect?

Regulators
19-12-10, 22:20
with all the siao lang rushing into showflats to buy property this year, how can new projects ever be priced below $1k psf these days. It almost seems like every developer who builds near MRT sure to make money. Imagine if all the property buyers in singapore can be like the red shirts in Thailand, all working in unison to bring new property prices down, I think buyers will have more bargaining power

AgentStLee
18-10-11, 11:21
http://bedokres.sg/sites/default/files/styles/medium/public/field/image/8.jpg

BedokRes.sg (http://bedokres.sg/)

Developer: Brilliance Residential (1) Pte Ltd (A subsidiary of Capitaland Limited & CapitaMalls Asia Limited)
Expected Date of T.O.P: 30 September 2015
Tenure: 99 years
Plot Ratio: 3.5

Description:
Proposed Mixed Development Comprising 2 Basement Carparks With Retail Use, Integrated Bus Interchange, Flat Development Comprising 8 Blocks Of 15-Storey Residential Apartments (Total 583 Units) With 3-Storey Podium Comprising 2-Storey Carparks With Ancillary Facilities

Lot No.: Mk27 Lot10724L at Bedok North Drive, New Upper Changi Road (Bedok)
Site Area: Approx 268,047 sq ft (24,902.2 sq m)
No. of Units: 583 Residential Units

Regulators
18-10-11, 16:06
I heard the psf is above $1100 :doh:

Laguna
18-10-11, 16:09
I heard the psf is above $1100 :doh:
assessing the nearby...I guess the 1 bedroom should be around $1500 and 4 bedroom around $1200=$1300

dtrax
18-10-11, 16:44
Developer has heed the advice of would be buyers here... CHEAP!

yjcai
18-10-11, 20:29
Developer has heed the advice of would be buyers here... CHEAP!

2011-2012 - year of mass market mrt launch

choa chu kang mrt
redhill mrt - ascentia sky neighbour
capland bishan at 1800 psf
capland bedok at 1400 psf
sim lian record ec at 900 psf
record hillview psf hillier by feo at 1400 psf

news report slowdown (only 5-10% price increase next year), boom just begun?

latour
19-10-11, 09:34
assessing the nearby...I guess the 1 bedroom should be around $1500 and 4 bedroom around $1200=$1300

Bravo, Bravo... the higher the price indication forumers indicate here, the higher CapLand will launch. Anything from $1.1k to $1.5k - avg of $1.3k will be a good guess.

devilplate
19-10-11, 10:29
Bravo, Bravo... the higher the price indication forumers indicate here, the higher CapLand will launch. Anything from $1.1k to $1.5k - avg of $1.3k will be a good guess.

higher gd for current ppty owners ard tat area

and if priced to sell, i will get one unit(12xxpsf 1+study got chance anot?) lol

WIN-WIN:D :cheers6:

hopeful
19-10-11, 10:44
devilplate, have you sold any of your properties since 2010?
You mentioned that you have spent all your bullets in 2009 and not working.
But how do you keep on managing to accumulate condos since then.
I am very much interested in how you can do that. Want to ride on your coattails.
Equity drawdown? profit from stocks?

devilplate
19-10-11, 11:05
devilplate, have you sold any of your properties since 2010?
You mentioned that you have spent all your bullets in 2009 and not working.
But how do you keep on managing to accumulate condos since then.
I am very much interested in how you can do that. Want to ride on your coattails.
Equity drawdown? profit from stocks?

from my postings, u shd noe mah;)

i stop working for others since long time oredi.....

anyway u r richer den me...i shd follow u instead wor:ashamed1:

hopeful
19-10-11, 11:23

From postings didnt indicate le.
1) you pay downpayment 40% for condo.
2) you seems to be quite familiar with equity drawdowns, but i dont know whether it works during recession, as property values drops across the board.
3) the few postings about stocks you made is you lose during that HK IPO.

as for myself, i sold off that Latitude and in the process of disposing of MPR.
so i made my money within 1 cycle. Use that money to buy during recession. Repeat a few times.

So far, you never post you sold off your properties le.
I want to learn from your techniques le. No need to sell condo, no need to work or own a business, and still can accumulate condos every year :D

nobrainer32007
19-10-11, 11:32
Rich man's son lor.

2) you seems to be quite familiar with equity drawdowns, but i dont know whether it works during recession, as property values drops across the board.

so i made my money within 1 cycle. Use that money to buy during recession. Repeat a few times.

I want to learn from your techniques le. No need to sell condo, no need to work or own a business, and still can accumulate condos every year :D

nobrainer32007
19-10-11, 11:32
Rich man's son lor.

devilplate
19-10-11, 11:47
Rich man's son lor.

hmmm ....or marry a rich man daughter/son? hehehe:D

hopeful
19-10-11, 11:58
hmmm ....or marry a rich man daughter/son? hehehe:D

in 1 of your post, you mentioned you not married yet le.
many forummers here would be interested in your techniques le, no need to work, no need to sell and buy condo every year :D.
Yowetan especially need to learn your technique to get that Sinai condo.:beats-me-man:

august
19-10-11, 12:12

:not-worthy: can both of you be my sifu? :ashamed1:

devilplate
19-10-11, 12:13
in 1 of your post, you mentioned you not married yet le.
many forummers here would be interested in your techniques le, no need to work, no need to sell and buy condo every year :D.
Yowetan especially need to learn your technique to get that Sinai condo.:beats-me-man:

did i? or i sort of imply?:beats-me-man:

i tink i was trying to say last time not married yet so cant buy hdb bto flat.....den later bot pte condo liao so also no chance to buy hdb bto liao....

ever tot of buying resale hdb in 2008 (when i saw ppl advertise 50k below value for 5rm flat at cantonment but hor dunwan to stay back HDB or try my luck lor)

devilplate
19-10-11, 12:27
:not-worthy: can both of you be my sifu? :ashamed1:

i only noe how to teach u to spend ur $$$

hehehehe

august
19-10-11, 12:35
i only noe how to teach u to spend ur $$$

hehehehe

sounds like an agent :scared-3:
:p

devilplate
19-10-11, 12:40
sounds like an agent :scared-3:
:p

nvm la...jus tcss here and discuss about pprt market trends and condos:D

i mabe just a pauper and imagine how rich i am.....hmmmm:o

and to bro hopeful: i tink u have crossed my level of sensitivity hor:)

i wud like to remain 'discreet' and dun like to be probed hor

Worsty
19-10-11, 13:01

Maybe he's born a trust fund kid just like many of my classmates. Envious :D

hopeful
19-10-11, 13:16

ok ok, no probing further. :cheers1: Don't worry, there a few other forummers which I am keeping track of :) Not interested in their identities but the whys and hows.

hopeful
04-11-11, 09:03
received floorplans from agent.
167 pages, each page 1 plan :doh:.

august
04-11-11, 09:45
received floorplans from agent.
167 pages, each page 1 plan :doh:.

can pm me? i want to see look leh :o

DC33_2008
04-11-11, 11:21
There is quite a no. of PHs with different sizes and layout.

phantom_opera
04-11-11, 11:33
Just outside of 1km from Red Swastika unfortunately ....

hopeful
04-11-11, 11:49
Try to compare A5a(s) and A5(s).
same area but A5a(s) looks bigger.
lfurther looking reveals kitchen wall of A5(s) is thicker by ~10cm.
Haha, pay for extra wall thickness. :doh:.

same for A5b(s) and A5c(s).
same for A5e(s) and A5f(s).

why 14storey units have thicker walls ya?
Thought lower floor should be thicker cause all the weight pressing on it.

august
04-11-11, 12:15

wow u are eagle eyed :o

DC33_2008
04-11-11, 12:16

These are not loadbearing walls.

devilplate
04-11-11, 12:37
i wondering y create so many different types of layout

given a nice big plot of land.....y mostly CMI layouts:doh:

y like dat? LOL

hopeful
04-11-11, 12:53
i wondering y create so many different types of layout

given a nice big plot of land.....y mostly CMI layouts:doh:

y like dat? LOL

I like the 1BR Stack45 facing the MRT track. MBR, living room, dining room all got window. will be very bright...and Noisy as well.

devilplate
04-11-11, 13:03
I like the 1BR Stack45 facing the MRT track. MBR, living room, dining room all got window. will be very bright...and Noisy as well.

u wana join the MM club? hehe

hopeful
04-11-11, 13:09
u wana join the MM club? hehe
y not? will follow where the money is :p.
Big units are so yesterday's fashion.

phantom_opera
04-11-11, 13:29
Don't join at the MM peak psf then ok :banghead:

august
04-11-11, 13:50

i zoomed into this as well :D
too bad is facing mrt tracks :(

eng81157
04-11-11, 16:15
i zoomed into this as well :D
too bad is facing mrt tracks :(

maybe good for existing insomniacs who don't really need alot of sleep :D

azeoprop
08-11-11, 18:20
Any latest news? I quite like the MM 2 bedder 64sqm stack 46. Wonder how much will it be selling for?

:beats-me-man:

devilplate
08-11-11, 18:27
Any latest news? I quite like the MM 2 bedder 64sqm stack 46. Wonder how much will it be selling for?

wat px u looking at?

azeoprop
08-11-11, 20:42
This one face mrt track, at most 1100psf or 750k for the high floor one haa haa.. :p :rolleyes:

hyenergix
08-11-11, 20:48
Face track 1000 psf also cannot buy.

mcmlxxvi
09-11-11, 12:17

Ya Lor. If bro devil interested to teach, he would have started dp learning advisory pte ltd or wat liao... Just hang ard n learn... Wat better school then learn from others doing?

Eastboy
16-11-11, 21:23
Just got this mailer from ERA agent:

Updates on Preview Information
Targeting Preview Date: 23 Nov 2011 (To be advised again on a later date)
Timing: To be advised
Mode of Sale: First come first serve basis
What is required for booking of unit?
1)******** Letter of Authorization (signed by purchasers)
2)******** Photocopy ICs/ Passports
3)******** Cheque payable to UOB for Project A/C No. 450-304-034-9 of Land Parcel Bedok P1 for Project Brilliance
CapitaLand Rebate Schemes Applies
a) Multiple Unit Purchase / Multi Family Purchase Rebate (1% Rebate)
For purchase of 2 units or more by the same purchaser or with their immediate family members* within the same day.
(*A "family member" means any of the following:- husband, wife, father, mother, sister, brother, son or daughter with proof of marriage certificate or birth certificate.)
b) Loyalty Rebate (1% Rebate)
For purchasers who currently own residential properties in Singapore solely owned by Capitaland, with proof of conservancy charges receipt.
Important Notes :
1) The above special incentives maybe for limited time period only. Terms & Conditions apply.
2) Purchaser(s) are required to produce documentary proof to qualify for the above special incentives
******* (e.g. Birth certifications, property titles / latest maintenance fee receipt, etc)
3) Purchaser(s) can enjoy up to 1 scheme for each purchase (i.e. up to 1% rebate only)
*** **Please note that the Incentive Schemes will be in a form of a cash rebate scheme subject to terms and conditions.

dtrax
16-11-11, 21:45
Just got this mailer from ERA agent:

Updates on Preview Information
Targeting Preview Date: 23 Nov 2011 (To be advised again on a later date)
Timing: To be advised
Mode of Sale: First come first serve basis
What is required for booking of unit?
1)******** Letter of Authorization (signed by purchasers)
2)******** Photocopy ICs/ Passports
3)******** Cheque payable to UOB for Project A/C No. 450-304-034-9 of Land Parcel Bedok P1 for Project Brilliance
CapitaLand Rebate Schemes Applies
a) Multiple Unit Purchase / Multi Family Purchase Rebate (1% Rebate)
For purchase of 2 units or more by the same purchaser or with their immediate family members* within the same day.
(*A "family member" means any of the following:- husband, wife, father, mother, sister, brother, son or daughter with proof of marriage certificate or birth certificate.)
b) Loyalty Rebate (1% Rebate)
For purchasers who currently own residential properties in Singapore solely owned by Capitaland, with proof of conservancy charges receipt.
Important Notes :
1) The above special incentives maybe for limited time period only. Terms & Conditions apply.
2) Purchaser(s) are required to produce documentary proof to qualify for the above special incentives
******* (e.g. Birth certifications, property titles / latest maintenance fee receipt, etc)
3) Purchaser(s) can enjoy up to 1 scheme for each purchase (i.e. up to 1% rebate only)
*** **Please note that the Incentive Schemes will be in a form of a cash rebate scheme subject to terms and conditions.

I expect the battle of the best, agents already gearing up to engage chewren to queue overnight liao @ 100 per pax

ecimbew
16-11-11, 21:52
http://bedok-residences.com.sg/floorplan

http://bedok-residences.com.sg/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/Type-A5as.jpg

azeoprop
16-11-11, 22:17
This is the smallest 2 bedder, 64sqm, stack 46, face mrt track. Wonder how much it costs?

jwong71
16-11-11, 22:20
This is the smallest 2 bedder, 64sqm, stack 46, face mrt track. Wonder how much it costs?

i prefer if balcony in the living wld make the hse more spacious, and airy.

Eastboy
16-11-11, 22:43
I expect the battle of the best, agents already gearing up to engage chewren to queue overnight liao @ 100 per pax

If that's really true, I'm looking forward to see people queuing up in the news! The last "queue" I know of was Tanah Merah Optima....lol....I remembered queuing for my uncle also in the 1990s he gave me $150 ( which was a big deal then for a sec sch kid) my uncle got scolded by my dad so badly in the end my dad forced me to return the $150 to him....after I queued overnight for nothing lor!!! We lau eh :banghead:

phantom_opera
16-11-11, 23:10

Power man, I thought CAPL never build MMs? I thought I am looking at Geylang floor plan :scared-4: ..my guess 900k

bargain hunter
16-11-11, 23:51
CAPL's Liew only said unlikely he would build units under 500 sq ft and blamed MM developers for wasting precious freehold land.

he resorted to 1+study at 6xx sq ft. this layout first appeared at D'Leedon.

Power man, I thought CAPL never build MMs? I thought I am looking at Geylang floor plan :scared-4: ..my guess 900k

mcmlxxvi
17-11-11, 08:55
http://bedok-residences.com.sg/floorplan

http://bedok-residences.com.sg/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/Type-A5as.jpg

Good layout.

phantom_opera
17-11-11, 09:00
The balcony size bigger than study, the AC ledge size same as kitchen :eek:

latour
17-11-11, 09:11
The balcony size bigger than study, the AC ledge size same as kitchen :eek:

nice... good layout.

gav108
17-11-11, 09:18
nice... good layout.

lol...still people will buy because of location n mrt, and that's what the developer is banking on...

latour
17-11-11, 11:09
lol...still people will buy because of location n mrt, and that's what the developer is banking on...

I bet there will be ppl def'n going for it, banging on the location, mrt, conv etc. and expect price appreciation - but dun really bother about the rest. Even if developer price it beyond 1500, 1600 or even 1700... still got ppl buy one.

phantom_opera
17-11-11, 11:16
I bet there will be ppl def'n going for it, banging on the location, mrt, conv etc. and expect price appreciation - but dun really bother about the rest. Even if developer price it beyond 1500, 1600 or even 1700... still got ppl buy one.

Would they challenge FEO's Centro Residences psf ?? I will be shocked if they launch @ 1.5kpsf for 1/1+S :scared-5:

The 689sqft 2br will be a hot item if priced @ 800k

fiat500
17-11-11, 14:58
Would they challenge FEO's Centro Residences psf ?? I will be shocked if they launch @ 1.5kpsf for 1/1+S :scared-5:

rumoured that price will be about 1300+ psf for the 1 bedder n 1 + study..:cheers6:
nice layout..only thing missing imo is a bomb shelter which is useful for stowage of your household items.. :cheers6:

toiletsiao
17-11-11, 18:20
rumoured that price will be about 1300+ psf for the 1 bedder n 1 + study..:cheers6:
nice layout..only thing missing imo is a bomb shelter which is useful for stowage of your household items.. :cheers6:
Heard from friend there at the agent briefing now ... 1bd rm can be up to 1500 Psf ... Going on sale this saturday....

ecimbew
17-11-11, 21:45

2 br? Really?

toiletsiao
17-11-11, 22:04
Heard from friend there at the agent briefing now ... 1bd rm can be up to 1500 Psf ... Going on sale this saturday....
correction ... saturday start queuing ... next wed start sale

august
17-11-11, 22:21
correction ... saturday start queuing ... next wed start sale

queuing to???
thought nowadays no more queue and just give cheque and ballot?

kane
17-11-11, 22:30
queuing to???
thought nowadays no more queue and just give cheque and ballot?

queueing is passe. people use cheque to chope a seat nowadays.

TKT
17-11-11, 23:17
At rumored 1200-1500psf and with SSD... seriously is there any upside anymore? Plus this one is 99LH and next to busy road hor... :doh:

I for one, pass... dont want to keep chasing and paying for Ah Liew obscene salary... :scared-2:

latour
18-11-11, 09:07
expectation may be anything between $1200 to $1400 as average $/psf. If aggressive the high end could rumor hanging around anything up to $1500 to $1600. Long term potential maybe be ok (but then its LH99). Short to mid-term potential... small, narrow, Good Luck. Anything more then $1200 psf now i give it a miss for now.

Eastboy
18-11-11, 09:16
expectation may be anything between $1200 to $1400 as average $/psf. If aggressive the high end could rumor hanging around anything up to $1500 to $1600. Long term potential maybe be ok (but then its LH99). Short to mid-term potential... small, narrow, Good Luck. Anything more then $1200 psf now i give it a miss for now.

Looking at all market uncertainties, they will not be so stupid to launch it at $1500psf and up. $1200 will be priced to sell.

hyenergix
18-11-11, 09:52
Looking at all market uncertainties, they will not be so stupid to launch it at $1500psf and up. $1200 will be priced to sell.

Should be around $1300+ psf for 2 bedders. Hence $1500 psf is likely for 1+1 bedder. It will still sell.

phantom_opera
18-11-11, 10:21
The following should dash your hope of 1.2kpsf for small 2br:

THE CENTRIS JURONG WEST CENTRAL 3 Apartment 1 1,220,000 1,066 Strata 1,145psf Aug-11

KOVAN RESIDENCES KOVAN ROAD Condominium 1 1,218,000 883 Strata 1,380psf Oct-11

KOVAN RESIDENCES KOVAN ROAD Condominium 1 1,130,000 893 Strata 1,265psf Oct-11

THE TRUMPS JALAN KEMBANGAN Condominium 1 894,000 700 Strata 1,278 Sep-11

devilplate
18-11-11, 13:12
The following should dash your hope of 1.2kpsf for small 2br:

THE CENTRIS JURONG WEST CENTRAL 3 Apartment 1 1,220,000 1,066 Strata 1,145psf Aug-11

KOVAN RESIDENCES KOVAN ROAD Condominium 1 1,218,000 883 Strata 1,380psf Oct-11

KOVAN RESIDENCES KOVAN ROAD Condominium 1 1,130,000 893 Strata 1,265psf Oct-11

THE TRUMPS JALAN KEMBANGAN Condominium 1 894,000 700 Strata 1,278 Sep-11

oiii.....u so early dash my xmas dream....LOL:o

but anything can happen......palette launch cheaper den livia subsale:D

DC33_2008
18-11-11, 13:45
Launching at the wrong time. Few weeks ago will be a good time. Queue will be there but will be longer if it was launched 4 weeks ago.

propertychap
18-11-11, 14:22
Just understood from agent that the response is overwhelming and instead of queuing now changed to balloting else got to queue from Saturday onwards. AT 1500psf for a single bedroom, isnt the price crazy? But for those who have apertments nearby such as Kembangan and Tanah Merah may all benefit from the price increase. For example Kembangan is just 1 MRT stop away and the convenience of the new shopping mall is just 1 MRT stop away

devilplate
18-11-11, 14:53
Just understood from agent that the response is overwhelming and instead of queuing now changed to balloting else got to queue from Saturday onwards. AT 1500psf for a single bedroom, isnt the price crazy? But for those who have apertments nearby such as Kembangan and Tanah Merah may all benefit from the price increase. For example Kembangan is just 1 MRT stop away and the convenience of the new shopping mall is just 1 MRT stop away

bro, prices can be very different just by a street away hor

mcmlxxvi
18-11-11, 14:57
Just realised devil bro name backwards is

et al p lived

sh
18-11-11, 17:06
Wah! So much demand!

Should introduce all the buyers to BASIC economics

phantom_opera
18-11-11, 17:31
My manhattan oredi 1350psf for 1br

azeoprop
18-11-11, 17:43
Living on top of a bus interchange smell exhaust daily worth 1500psf? :beats-me-man:

devilplate
18-11-11, 17:48
Living on top of a bus interchange smell exhaust daily worth 1500psf? :beats-me-man:

tats wat i tot too!

so got chance crappland sell me one of their 2bdr poolview at 1200psf?:spliff:

devilplate
18-11-11, 17:50
Wah! So much demand!

Should introduce all the buyers to BASIC economics

ya la.....all machiam like nvr read news! whahahahaha

sian la....still got chance to get 1200psf for 2bdr poolview?

azeoprop
18-11-11, 18:27
Maybe people are thinking that by the time this TOP in 2015, "recession" would have been over liaoz?

phantom_opera
18-11-11, 18:54

For renting out mah ...

MY MANHATTAN SIMEI STREET 3 Condominium 1 707,000 495 Strata 1,428psf Oct-11

hyenergix
18-11-11, 20:27
Maybe people are thinking that by the time this TOP in 2015, "recession" would have been over liaoz?

Definitely its a property bubble here, but the government will not prick it but will subtly maintain it or let it very slowly deflate by itself:

1. Our local banks are over-exposed to property loans, and it will be disastrous to the economy if they collapse.
2. The government has committed to mega projects, and the revenue must be supported by higher land prices and property taxes/levies.
3. The bubble is still not at a dangerous level, because at current prices, the properties can be repaid in 1 generation within 35 years.

eminor82
18-11-11, 20:38
hi guys, was informed the latest indicative price for one bedder is 630k - 817k, two bedder starts from 863k onwards. average psf is 1200.. as wished for by some of the brothers here~~ haha

sh
18-11-11, 20:52
1. Our local banks are over-exposed to property loans, and it will be disastrous to the economy if they collapse

at 40% LTV, banks are not at risk.... the buyers are....:(

Less Basic is right >50% drop.....:scared-1:

yjcai
18-11-11, 21:02
Back to basics

sltc
18-11-11, 21:30
Anyone can share what's the expected rental for a 3 bdrm unit (1109 sqft) at Bedok Residence which according to agent will be selling at ~$1.5m ? The expected rental yield will tell if it's worth investing in this condo. There are many options with $1.5m (studio at The Sail, 2 bedrm at D9 or D10, etc..).

hyenergix
18-11-11, 21:36
hi guys, was informed the latest indicative price for one bedder is 630k - 817k, two bedder starts from 863k onwards. average psf is 1200.. as wished for by some of the brothers here~~ haha

Juz received sms from agent. 1+1 abt $1400 psf, 2 bedder abt $1300 psf.

Eastboy
19-11-11, 08:36
Why I will give it a miss:
1) noise pollution
2) air pollution
3) crowdedness
4) bad fengshui (mrt track)

Eastboy
19-11-11, 08:39
Anyone can share what's the expected rental for a 3 bdrm unit (1109 sqft) at Bedok Residence which according to agent will be selling at ~$1.5m ? The expected rental yield will tell if it's worth investing in this condo. There are many options with $1.5m (studio at The Sail, 2 bedrm at D9 or D10, etc..).

I wld say 4% based on current market demand, -9% if market crashes.

East Lover
19-11-11, 08:48
I wld say 4% based on current market demand, -9% if market crashes.
Waterfront waves just TOP. 2 bedder asking $3.5k, 3 bedder $4.5k, 4 bedder 6k! how long to find so many tenants who are willing to pay I don't know :D
But their MRT only comes in 6 years time, and not next door distance.

East Lover
19-11-11, 08:53
Why I will give it a miss:
1) noise pollution
2) air pollution
3) crowdedness
4) bad fengshui (mrt track)
Ppl buy this kind of project more for investment instead of own stay. For tenant, as long as convenient (near to work place or direct transport), should be fine.

DC33_2008
19-11-11, 09:03
Do you have done deal rental at this place?
Waterfront waves just TOP. 2 bedder asking $3.5k, 3 bedder $4.5k, 4 bedder 6k! how long to find so many tenants who are willing to pay I don't know :D
But their MRT only comes in 6 years time, and not next door distance.

Eastboy
19-11-11, 09:17
Ppl buy this kind of project more for investment instead of own stay. For tenant, as long as convenient (near to work place or direct transport), should be fine.

yah such tenants are usually from asia...ahem....kekekeke. i will only rent to certain nationalities but i cannot say or else people say i racist :scared-4:

East Lover
19-11-11, 09:24
Do you have done deal rental at this place?
Not. Just use for cross reference for this project. But I'm wondering how long n how high will wfw eventually find the tenants. We will know by chinese new year? 3 mth after TOP?

Jonathan0503
19-11-11, 11:25

Does this project has it's own compound? If yes, how can the interchange be below it?

azeoprop
19-11-11, 11:31
Does this project has it's own compound? If yes, how can the interchange be below it?

This is the profile view. Shops B2 to ground floor, bus interchange level 2.

http://www.bedokresidences.sg/highlights.html

amk
19-11-11, 11:46

From pty guru 3bd asking is now merely 4k.

Dun think rental can be good now. MRT not built yet.

DC33_2008
19-11-11, 11:46
$1500psf is too high for one bedder in this region at this time of uncertainty.

Jonathan0503
19-11-11, 15:24
This is the profile view. Shops B2 to ground floor, bus interchange level 2.

http://www.bedokresidences.sg/highlights.html

Thanks.

Strange... Then who owns the bus interchange if it's all within the same development?

devilplate
19-11-11, 15:27
Thanks.

Strange... Then who owns the bus interchange if it's all within the same development?

shd be ah gong rite?

hyenergix
19-11-11, 15:31
Very interesting design. Bus interchange is at level 2, which means if the bus load if full, the bus driver needs to ramp hard to go from level 1 to 2, and to brake hard when going from level 2 to level 1.

Eastboy
19-11-11, 15:35
Very interesting design. Bus interchange is at level 2, which means if the bus load if full, the bus driver needs to ramp hard to go from level 1 to 2, and to brake hard when going from level 2 to level 1.

the idea of interchange, met, malls etc at doorstep is quite scary for me because we must always look at security risks such as:

1) Fire
2) Terrorist attacks
3) Power outages

etc etc :scared-1: :scared-1: :scared-1:

Jonathan0503
19-11-11, 18:11
shd be ah gong rite?

So ah gong is also one of the owners of this condo?

devilplate
19-11-11, 20:15
the idea of interchange, met, malls etc at doorstep is quite scary for me because we must always look at security risks such as:

1) Fire
2) Terrorist attacks
3) Power outages

etc etc :scared-1: :scared-1: :scared-1:

hmm....like dat those ppty near to istana shd only worth 500psf? hehehe

sh
19-11-11, 20:27
hmm....like dat those ppty near to istana shd only worth 500psf? hehehe

Those near american embassy worth 300psf? :D

Tripp
19-11-11, 23:02
Here's a showflat model picture of Bedok Residences, courtesy from Google:

dtrax
21-11-11, 01:08
Live report from bedok residences

http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/s720x720/389850_10150382489083198_519143197_8306243_1388376483_n.jpg

How? Pple queue overnite for Hello Kitty?

dtrax
21-11-11, 01:27
Live report, last I heard 350 pple queue overnite at 2am. Anyone so bo liao and stay near there care to confirm if it is true?

dtrax
21-11-11, 04:11
http://a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/384709_10150400478779424_832939423_8005582_1877107597_n.jpg

ecimbew
21-11-11, 06:08
Good job, Capitaland. Crowd attracts crowd. Looks like their ballot tactic works.

hyenergix
21-11-11, 06:34
Maybe it will give rise to the "Caspian effect" and kickstart the property craze again.

toiletsiao
21-11-11, 07:47
Good job, Capitaland. Crowd attracts crowd. Looks like their ballot tactic works.
No ballot ... It is changed to first come first serve .... My fren got q no 127 .... 400 plus ppl outside show flat now ...

devilplate
21-11-11, 08:13
http://a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/384709_10150400478779424_832939423_8005582_1877107597_n.jpg

the most handsome one lor hehehe:ashamed1:

Eastboy
21-11-11, 08:15
Maybe it will give rise to the "Caspian effect" and kickstart the property craze again.

these are hallmark pictures that depicts panic buying. and a hallmark illustration of the bubble bursting.

however, i do hope for 'caspian effect' as i would choose an upside market rather than a downside market!!!

bargain hunter
21-11-11, 08:16
what time does it go on sale today?

devilplate
21-11-11, 08:24
these are hallmark pictures that depicts panic buying. and a hallmark illustration of the bubble bursting.

however, i do hope for 'caspian effect' as i would choose an upside market rather than a downside market!!!

purposely creating a hype lar

after so long, 1st project to have q system....the last one shd be seafront at meyer era?

i was told one person can only queue for 1 unit....

heroes
21-11-11, 08:25

Devilplate is a man with red tshirt n white pants. In front on him is basic.:D basic come earlier, he dont want miss boat again... Lol

devilplate
21-11-11, 08:25
what time does it go on sale today?

was told 23 Nov leh.....subject to changes:sleep:

most likely push forward or mabe change to balloting? LOL

devilplate
21-11-11, 08:26
Devilplate is a man with red tshirt n white pants. In front on him is basic.:D basic come earlier, he dont want miss boat again... Lol

i pay basic $50/day to q for me

whahahahahaha

Eastboy
21-11-11, 08:30

whahahahahaha

i suspect agents may pay people to queue to fake the hype.....in the end it could be all for a show....

devilplate
21-11-11, 08:33
i suspect agents may pay people to queue to fake the hype.....in the end it could be all for a show....

they pay for the show....we enjoy it FOC

hahahaha

latour
21-11-11, 08:38

whahahahahaha

haha, nice... i hope our runner get a good q number, nevertheless jus trying luck. Latest heard - the overall avg /psf is about $11xx /psf to $1200 /psf... really anyone?

Laguna
21-11-11, 08:55
Price can go up by $150psf without problem

latour
21-11-11, 09:11
Price can go up by $150psf without problem

waw... $150psf, no wonder the q lar... $150psf by TOP? not bad..

Laguna
21-11-11, 09:18
waw... $150psf, no wonder the q lar... $150psf by TOP? not bad..
Aiyo, my English so bad
I said the developer can up price by that sum

DC33_2008
21-11-11, 09:19
Sure? Before discount?
haha, nice... i hope our runner get a good q number, nevertheless jus trying luck. Latest heard - the overall avg /psf is about $11xx /psf to $1200 /psf... really anyone?

latour
21-11-11, 09:46
What is the list price and discount (if any) ?

East Lover
21-11-11, 10:45
And Mr. B with you????:D :D :D

kane
21-11-11, 11:13
Clever, display the interest for plain eyes to see. Singaporeans love to queue. Also helps them to gauge their pricing. Cheques too non-commital. You can always reject the offer price if it's too high. In this case, after queueing overnight for a few nights in a row, chances are the buyers are pretty determined.

But honestly, $50 per day is too cheap. Unless safari bed and all meals provided for and the rate is much higher.

devilplate
21-11-11, 11:15
Clever, display the interest for plain eyes to see. Singaporeans love to queue. Also helps them to gauge their pricing. Cheques too non-commital. You can always reject the offer price if it's too high. In this case, after queueing overnight for a few nights in a row, chances are the buyers are pretty determined.

But honestly, $50 per day is too cheap. Unless safari bed and all meals provided for and the rate is much higher.

bro....$50/day i pluck from the sky one hor.....hahahaha

see whether i can try to dig out their pay later....hehehe

Laguna
21-11-11, 11:29
Shall go for open bidding to assess the real market

kane
21-11-11, 11:37
bro....$50/day i pluck from the sky one hor.....hahahaha

see whether i can try to dig out their pay later....hehehe

Oh I see. Ha. I think other developers will be keen to copy this sstrategy going forward.

dtrax
21-11-11, 11:41
http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/s720x720/308965_282595691779740_100000879343779_779778_1011214964_n.jpg

bargain hunter
21-11-11, 12:38
has it started raining in bedok yet?

http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/s720x720/308965_282595691779740_100000879343779_779778_1011214964_n.jpg

bargain hunter
21-11-11, 12:47
and where is the queue? at showflat or at the tent? looks quite messy.

latour
21-11-11, 12:53
Picture of showroom? hmmm...

august
21-11-11, 13:48
Oh I see. Ha. I think other developers will be keen to copy this sstrategy going forward.

in the past queueing is the norm. In recent yrs no more liao due to concerns over disorderly behaviour and fueling of hype and bubble.

surprised that Capitaland decided to revert to old ways. Are they desperate to off load? :D

kane
21-11-11, 13:52
Want to demonstrate to the market that their projects are sought after ma. Haha. I wonder if they'll pull the same stunt for Bishan central.

devilplate
21-11-11, 16:55
capland set up tentage and chairs for runners in queue

more or less cfm preview on this wed

smart of them to build showflat at bedok south beside a big hdb public carpark

px 1200-1400psf indication

SG in a world of its own??

devilplate
21-11-11, 16:58
Want to demonstrate to the market that their projects are sought after ma. Haha. I wonder if they'll pull the same stunt for Bishan central.

bishan one may not be so overwhelming.....

bargain hunter
21-11-11, 17:27
so what's the queue no. now? keep to wed? then pple have to endure another 2 nights, 2 days of rain and shine?

perhaps if stock mkts crash for another 2 consecutive days they may reduce their price? :D

capland set up tentage and chairs for runners in queue

more or less cfm preview on this wed

smart of them to build showflat at bedok south beside a big hdb public carpark

px 1200-1400psf indication

SG in a world of its own??

devilplate
21-11-11, 17:34
so what's the queue no. now? keep to wed? then pple have to endure another 2 nights, 2 days of rain and shine?

perhaps if stock mkts crash for another 2 consecutive days they may reduce their price? :D

3xx queue number issued.....

stock crash....hmm.....mabe all the queue vanish into thin air! haha:rolleyes:

bargain hunter
21-11-11, 17:39
yah. who ask them stuck up dun sell today, must wait till wed.

Eastboy
21-11-11, 18:19

eh bro don't curse stocks anymore la pls...i already very heart pain with all my losses so far le.....:( :( :( :( :(

Eastboy
21-11-11, 18:23
siao liao la....now i also feel like joining the queue :banghead: cos apparently i heard that capland will pull a $11xx stunt and it is a MUST BUY if really going for $11xx??? true????!!!!

dmonddd
21-11-11, 18:36

dont forget that the marketing agents are the one.
developer not bothered so long you load off my stocks.

Buying for own occupation - should be ok
Buying for investment - not sure

2-3 years to TOP with cash outlay locked in
prefer resale so can build up cash and have immediate yield and discount $$$ some more.

Laguna
21-11-11, 18:39
siao liao la....now i also feel like joining the queue :banghead: cos apparently i heard that capland will pull a $11xx stunt and it is a MUST BUY if really going for $11xx??? true????!!!!
dun forget capland has one of the highest paid CEO,
so how to sell cheap

Eastboy
21-11-11, 18:39
dont forget that the marketing agents are the one.
developer not bothered so long you load off my stocks.

Buying for own occupation - should be ok
Buying for investment - not sure

2-3 years to TOP with cash outlay locked in
prefer resale so can build up cash and have immediate yield and discount $$$ some more.

well, to me i feel that 2-3yrs TOP allow me to build up cash even more as the payment will be gradual, in leveraging on other properties which are being rented out.

sotidy
21-11-11, 18:40

If it is 11xxpsf, joining the queue is too late. You probably have to 'cut' the queue. :D

dmonddd
21-11-11, 18:45
well, to me i feel that 2-3yrs TOP allow me to build up cash even more as the payment will be gradual, in leveraging on other properties which are being rented out.

no yield for 2-3 yrs TOP if 20% lock in plus mthly interest pymt for amount released by bank to developer

whilst for resale unit, rent out and top up a bit (if need be). I can build my free cash versus first scenario. my dad also tells me if you buy land only, make sure you can sell it within short period. Holding costs will minimize your profits.

am I not seeing it correct.

btw I am not a property agent nor working for those property marketing companies....or developer

devilplate
21-11-11, 18:47
If it is 11xxpsf, joining the queue is too late. You probably have to 'cut' the queue. :D

xmas surprise really coming???

dow better lau sai these 2 days....LOL:hell-hath-no-fury:

devilplate
21-11-11, 18:49

they told u 'from 11xxpsf'?

scarly 4bdr wif big big patio 11xxpsf....LOL

sotidy
21-11-11, 18:53

Sekali MM (studio/1BR)...10xxpsf. Wah...really santa claus leh...
:D

devilplate
21-11-11, 18:56
Sekali MM (studio/1BR)...10xxpsf. Wah...really santa claus leh...
:D

mabe they heard basic's doomsday chanting!!!:cheers1: :cheers6: :D

Eastboy
21-11-11, 19:00
no yield for 2-3 yrs TOP if 20% lock in plus mthly interest pymt for amount released by bank to developer

whilst for resale unit, rent out and top up a bit (if need be). I can build my free cash versus first scenario. my dad also tells me if you buy land only, make sure you can sell it within short period. Holding costs will minimize your profits.

am I not seeing it correct.

btw I am not a property agent nor working for those property marketing companies....or developer

yup, think everyone have their own strategies, but with SSD now quite risky to go into resale if one is already multi-leveraging amidst this very uncertain markets. just like lim swee say's announcement of the word 'retrenchment' is making me a bit uptight at this juncture...lol

hence i wld prefer to 'underexpose' myself by entering uncompleted units with long-term upsides to keep my costs low at this juncture, or simply not buy anything and wait for a darn good deal, if i really follow Mr B's recommendations. muahahahaha :scared-3: :scared-3:

Eastboy
21-11-11, 19:02
mabe they heard basic's doomsday chanting!!!:cheers1: :cheers6: :D

ya must thank mr b's fear-mongering in allowing us to enter the market with santa claus pricing.

dmonddd
21-11-11, 19:07
yup, think everyone have their own strategies, but with SSD now quite risky to go into resale if one is already multi-leveraging amidst this very uncertain markets. just like lim swee say's announcement of the word 'retrenchment' is making me a bit uptight at this juncture...lol

hence i wld prefer to 'underexpose' myself by entering uncompleted units with long-term upsides to keep my costs low at this juncture, or simply not buy anything and wait for a darn good deal, if i really follow Mr B's recommendations. muahahahaha :scared-3: :scared-3:

thanks
you have valid points there

Each one differs on risk appetite but in general would fall under 2 approaches - either yours or mine. Yours will be straight forward on criterion whilst for resale there are more considerations on the success factors

iwantgizmos
21-11-11, 19:16
this appears in Stomp...

So kiasu! Long queue forms outside new showflat at Bedok even before launch

http://singaporeseen.stomp.com.sg/stomp/sgseen/what_bugs_me/824894/so_kiasu_long_queue_forms_outside_new_showflat_at_bedok.html

http://static.stomp.com.sg/site/servlet/linkableblob/stomp/824894/thumbnail/so_kiasu_long_queue_forms_outside_new_showflat_at_bedok-thumbnail.jpg

sh
21-11-11, 19:21
but buying at new launch while waiting for cash from other investments for progress payment is risky if thing goes sour. eg tenant run away, cannot find another..... How?:beats-me-man:

Agreed with dmonddd on immediate cash flow on resale units.

Avoid new launches now because they are overpriced compared to resale....

dmonddd
21-11-11, 19:26
this appears in Stomp...

http://singaporeseen.stomp.com.sg/stomp/sgseen/what_bugs_me/824894/so_kiasu_long_queue_forms_outside_new_showflat_at_bedok.html

http://static.stomp.com.sg/site/servlet/linkableblob/stomp/824894/thumbnail/so_kiasu_long_queue_forms_outside_new_showflat_at_bedok-thumbnail.jpg
Like I mentioned in another post queueing ppl doesn't work that effectively when offloading stocks quickly .... There are better options

dmonddd
21-11-11, 19:31
but buying at new launch while waiting for cash from other investments for progress payment is risky if thing goes sour. eg tenant run away, cannot find another..... How?:beats-me-man:

Other factor one buddy developer used to say to me- I need to sell > 50% to kickstart works. Otherwise where got cash-flow to finish off building and facilities

He quoted a simple example 100 units sold 20 units @ $1m construction cost to complete building and facilities $45m. Where to get additional $25m to complete even if all 20 buyers paid upfront. Borrow from bank. If cannot sold ....lau chui. Si piang

ecimbew
21-11-11, 19:54

You got it! :scared-3:

kane
21-11-11, 20:33
bishan one may not be so overwhelming.....

hard to say, bishan central hasn't seen a launch since bishan loft, and back then, people were swarming there even though the prices sounded ridiculous.

Eastboy
21-11-11, 21:09

hmmm....well, some resale are overpriced too. i think there are still some new launches which are very attractively priced if you choose the right project.

Jcmillineum
21-11-11, 21:13
If I were Capital Land...I raise the psf to a record of $2k psf...see still got people want to queue or not. Since they paid those students to queue overnight, they might as well grab it at ridiculous prices as well! hahahhahahahah:hell-hath-no-fury: :hell-hath-no-fury: :hell-hath-no-fury: :hell-hath-no-fury: :hell-hath-no-fury: :hell-hath-no-fury:

Capitaland, u know what to do...hee

dmonddd
21-11-11, 21:16
hmmm....well, some resale are overpriced too. i think there are still some new launches which are very attractively priced if you choose the right project.

same for new launches.
it cut both ways. buying something future (i.e. intangible) has never been my cup of tea (I like the WYSIWG whay you see is what you get - old school of thought)

But as I mentioned earlier, you need sharper eyes to comb through resale market.

mcmlxxvi
21-11-11, 21:18
$10 per hour. News just confirmed. Wow good money. I very free, anyone need me to queue?

mcmlxxvi
21-11-11, 21:20
this appears in Stomp...

Bedok the most populous hdb estate. Especially now school holidays even easier to find students to queue...

Eastboy
21-11-11, 21:32
same for new launches.
it cut both ways. buying something future (i.e. intangible) has never been my cup of tea (I like the WYSIWG whay you see is what you get - old school of thought)

But as I mentioned earlier, you need sharper eyes to comb through resale market.

yup i know what you mean. for me i like to have a mix of resale and new launches in my portfolio in creating the most manageable leverage at the risk level i can stomach so that i can :sleep: soundly even when Basic's curse of 50% drop in property values come true, :scared-1:

dmonddd
21-11-11, 21:32
eh ..you sound like agent and with the numbers of news/posts you started are all positive.

Eastboy
21-11-11, 21:42
eh ..you sound like agent and with the numbers of news/posts you started are all positive.

i am NOT an agent!!! do i sound very positive? ok, yes i have to in order to keep myself sane, after losing about $200K in stocks since Aug.....LOL

dmonddd
21-11-11, 21:44
i am NOT an agent!!! do i sound very positive? ok, yes i have to in order to keep myself sane, after losing about $200K in stocks since Aug.....LOL

oops sorry
cool it bro cool it

kane
21-11-11, 21:53

wah, what you buy? time to take a break from stocks.

Eastboy
21-11-11, 21:59
wah, what you buy? time to take a break from stocks.

kane, don't feel like saying....but ya it's hurting real bad this time, worse than 2009. cos i overexposed myself to EU. think i have only myself to blame, ha. but i managed to rebalance my portfolio...quite stressful though, but i think i am ok now that i have restrategised over the past 3mths.

devilplate
21-11-11, 22:04
hard to say, bishan central hasn't seen a launch since bishan loft, and back then, people were swarming there even though the prices sounded ridiculous.

bishan loft launch px was vy goodie among other ecs launch during tat period....best deal oredi

teddybear
21-11-11, 22:05
Positive must be an agent? :confused:
Negative are those who missed the boats BIG BIG? :p

devilplate
21-11-11, 22:06
$10 per hour. News just confirmed. Wow good money. I very free, anyone need me to queue?

night shift better rate? LOL

like doing nite duty last time.....can tcss...LOL

mcmlxxvi
21-11-11, 22:13
night shift better rate? LOL

like doing nite duty last time.....can tcss...LOL
Wa lao... That bedok field should not have any hantus right...

devilplate
21-11-11, 22:14
Positive must be an agent? :confused:
Negative are those who missed the boats BIG BIG? :p

wah.....so over here either u r an agent or doomsayers?:scared-4:

every project/new launches can only tok about the bad points too? if not mistaken as agt....:scared-3:

den tok bad abt projects, those ppl bot it bey song ......:eek:

all dun comment better?:beats-me-man:

azeoprop
21-11-11, 22:19
I rather not share the condo land/volume space with shops and a bus interchange.

E.g. Optima, is better than this. :beats-me-man:

devilplate
21-11-11, 22:22
I rather not share the condo land/volume space with shops and a bus interchange.

E.g. Optima, is better than this. :beats-me-man:

casa merah better now....mrt track noise blocked by optima liao:rolleyes:

kane
21-11-11, 22:22
bishan loft launch px was vy goodie among other ecs launch during tat period....best deal oredi

no lah, 700+k for a high floor unit, that time that price can get private condo already. but of course, location wise, bishan loft was good lah.

back then not many ECs to benchmark against. Nuovo launched later, was launched around 500+k to 600+k.

devilplate
21-11-11, 22:24
Wa lao... That bedok field should not have any hantus right...

actually the showflat not on the actual site......its at bedok south ave 3

nite rate $15/hr? i cant sleep mabe can stand in for few hrs...haha

bargain hunter
21-11-11, 22:26
dow lau-ing but i doubt it will be enough. even my hair dresser says she's gonna sell all her stocks to buy condo soon. :D

devilplate
21-11-11, 22:26
no lah, 700+k for a high floor unit, that time that price can get private condo already. but of course, location wise, bishan loft was good lah.

back then not many ECs to benchmark against. Nuovo launched later, was launched around 500+k to 600+k.

i remember seeing a list of EC launch px somewhr and bishan loft's psf was just abit higher den the rest....and bishan loft location is the best among all

based on current psf, bishan loft appreciated the most from launch px as well

devilplate
21-11-11, 22:29
dow lau-ing but i doubt it will be enough. even my hair dresser says she's gonna sell all her stocks to buy condo soon. :D

wah.....urs high end saloon ar.....:cool:

ya....nid to lau alot more! 1k points! gogogo

kane
21-11-11, 22:31
i remember seeing a list of EC launch px somewhr and bishan loft's psf was just abit higher den the rest....and bishan loft location is the best among all

based on current psf, bishan loft appreciated the most from launch px as well

yes it has probably appreciated the most, but no it wasn't just a bit higher, it was more like 15-20% higher. but of course, those days, the base number is smaller.

devilplate
21-11-11, 22:35
yes it has probably appreciated the most, but no it wasn't just a bit higher, it was more like 15-20% higher. but of course, those days, the base number is smaller.

ya....500psf vs 600psf oredi like 20% higher....

anyway i dun fancy bishan.....tats y i am biased....LOL....

hows sales at TG? got starbuy at 1200psf rite?

kane
21-11-11, 22:42
ya....500psf vs 600psf oredi like 20% higher....

anyway i dun fancy bishan.....tats y i am biased....LOL....

hows sales at TG? got starbuy at 1200psf rite?

i haven't been following TG. got 1200psf? is it their low floor 4 bedder going at 1200psf?

i'm just amazed they managed to sell so many at their asking. let's see how much more they can move when the thomson line stations are announced. everyone's still guessing. if there's a station very near them, then people will relook at them.

bargain hunter
21-11-11, 23:53
no wor. normal saloon also rich! can buy condo (small studio lah she means).

-300 pts liao but still got tomorrow maybe add up -1k? hee

wah.....urs high end saloon ar.....:cool:

ya....nid to lau alot more! 1k points! gogogo

dtrax
22-11-11, 00:59

Fwah so scary... its damn fearful when aunties/uncles start to chiong in

sh
22-11-11, 01:06
Fwah so scary... its damn fearful when aunties/uncles start to chiong in

Sign to get out... But fingers still itchy leh..... 我忍.....:(

dtrax
22-11-11, 01:10
Sign to get out... But fingers still itchy leh..... 我忍.....:(

fingers itchy scratch your backside :) :)

fiat500
22-11-11, 02:20
couldnt quite believed it! drove down @ 2am to the showroom,indeed a large crowd queing up there.:scared-1:
singapore is indeed a small nation obsessed with properties n cars.
where in the world will u find anyone willing to pay for a piece of paper that cost twice as much than yr new merc c180 besides here in singapore.:doh:

dtrax
22-11-11, 03:14
you should have da bao some laksi lemak n prata sell @ $5 per pack, sure full sell out.. afterall the price is only 50% of their first hour pay. CHEAP!

dmonddd
22-11-11, 05:58
couldnt quite believed it! drove down @ 2am to the showroom,indeed a large crowd queing up there.:scared-1:
singapore is indeed a small nation obsessed with properties n cars.
where in the world will u find anyone willing to pay for a piece of paper that cost twice as much than yr new merc c180 besides here in singapore.:doh:

the article posted by daytona on $ per individual says all

btw I read that there are 500 ppl queuing 100 of which are students for this 583 units project

would like to see takeup rate as that will ascertain real demand
hope it is not merely one of those selling tactics ....

hyenergix
22-11-11, 06:38
Assume the students queue for 3 days: 3 days x 24 hours x $10 per hour x 100 students = $72k. We haven't added the cost of people who took leave to queue. Capitaland is very efficient at wasting money. What a shame it is a GLC strongly backed by Temasek.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Temasek_Holdings'_investments

ecimbew
22-11-11, 06:43
So what? Let's wait for the real transactions. That's the real deal.

dmonddd
22-11-11, 06:47
Assume the students queue for 3 days: 3 days x 24 hours x $10 per hour x 100 students = $72k. We haven't added the cost of people who took leave to queue. Capitaland is very efficient at wasting money. What a shame it is a GLC strongly backed by Temasek.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Temasek_Holdings'_investments

Agree the opportunity costs involved ie manhours.
That's marketing strategy adopted by apple.
Well we have some who took the bait

I wouldn't unless it's limited edition item.
Sad to see our fellow citizens coming to such senses
China has girls giving up their pride for a iPhone
Don't ppl nowadays have short definition of precious or I should say much more simple minded. We probably think too much

dmonddd
22-11-11, 06:58
So what? Let's wait for the real transactions. That's the real deal.
My take is only the favorite units will be taken up
Ppl queue for good views

Just read 8 blocks 15 storey
Mostly 1-2 bedders
Cut out the ground, 4th floor and 14th floor- 12 storey salable
1 floor 6-8 units

Pool facing 4 units per floor - generous calc
Half of them may have good directions NS, no afternoon sun

2x12x8 = 192 units taken up

kane
22-11-11, 07:31
To make this marketing campaign a success, they should underpriced it slightly to ensure almost 100% take up. Watchers are looking at them for the take up rate to gauge the real response.

bargain hunter
22-11-11, 07:36
Bedok project draws long queue, but...

HUNDREDS of people braved the rain and scorching heat yesterday to queue for the upcoming Bedok Residences project, but many claimed they were either acting for agents or being paid to stand in line by genuine buyers.
The line started forming on Sunday night and numbered a few hundred by 7pm yesterday. The CapitaLand project will be launched tomorrow.
Plastic bags and rubbish were strewn across the entrance of the showroom as the crowd settled in for the long wait at the show-flat near Bedok MRT station.
A CapitaLand spokesman said each person in the line is assigned a number that entitles him to pick a unit.
It was not clear why the potential buyers, having obtained a queue number, had to remain behind instead of being allowed to return on the day of the launch.
Some market watchers reckoned this to be a marketing ploy, as the sight of a big turnout might help drum up interest among buyers at a time of flagging interest in the residential market due to the global uncertainty.
While the project is centrally sited near the Bedok bus interchange, the pricing is unlikely to be a top draw.
Although no firm details have been released, prices are expected to hover around $1,300 per sq ft (psf), valuing a 517 sq ft one-bedroom unit at $723,000.
In contrast, several new projects - including A Treasure Trove in Punggol - have sold well in recent months, with analysts pointing to their average price of about $870 psf as a key attraction.
Bedok Residences comprises 583 units of one-, study plus one-, two-, three- and four-bedroom units, and penthouses.
The 15-storey project will be built above a retail development and is due for completion in 2015. It is unclear how many in the queue are really buyers looking to secure a flat in the 99-year leasehold project.
Since the last cooling measures were implemented in January, no major project has been an instant sell-out.
And Bedok Residences is unlikely to buck the trend, analysts noted.
Many people in the queue The Straits Times spoke to were property agents, or students and retirees who said they were being paid by agents to stay in line.
Asked if they were there to buy, a group of women shook their heads and pointed to a property agent's name card.
A potential buyer, Mr Lim K.T., said he was interested in the place as his in-laws lived nearby, but added that some of his friends who had come with him had decided against buying when they saw how disorganised the situation was.
There was no clear instruction on where to queue and many people pushed in.
Some analysts were taken aback at the turnout, given the unstable economic outlook. Guessing at a reason for the crowd, Mr Colin Tan, head of research at Chesterton Suntec International, said the resale market has been slow, so agents may be focusing on developer sales.

dmonddd
22-11-11, 07:40
To make this marketing campaign a success, they should underpriced it slightly to ensure almost 100% take up. Watchers are looking at them for the take up rate to gauge the real response.
Price slashing is one strategy but if I'm developer I would not
It would create a market perception and all developers bigger boys would end slashing one another like lunar new year when you buy cookies or flowers last minute.

For price slashing you dont need a Marketing agent company
Developers team can do. Even the aunties and uncles can do it

kane
22-11-11, 07:42
Its kiasu syndrome. What if for crowd disorderly reasons they decide to launch it earlier? Did capitaland undertake to call each person in the queue when their turn was up? And say you got number 3 but you were at home sleeping when they open the doors to start selling before Wednesday? All that queueing effort would come to nothing.

dmonddd
22-11-11, 07:44
This scene is like HK pre bubble burst but on a milder note
HK has multiple agents the scene to grab customers is worst

Bedok project draws long queue, but...

HUNDREDS of people braved the rain and scorching heat yesterday to queue for the upcoming Bedok Residences project, but many claimed they were either acting for agents or being paid to stand in line by genuine buyers.
The line started forming on Sunday night and numbered a few hundred by 7pm yesterday. The CapitaLand project will be launched tomorrow.
Plastic bags and rubbish were strewn across the entrance of the showroom as the crowd settled in for the long wait at the show-flat near Bedok MRT station.
A CapitaLand spokesman said each person in the line is assigned a number that entitles him to pick a unit.
It was not clear why the potential buyers, having obtained a queue number, had to remain behind instead of being allowed to return on the day of the launch.
Some market watchers reckoned this to be a marketing ploy, as the sight of a big turnout might help drum up interest among buyers at a time of flagging interest in the residential market due to the global uncertainty.
While the project is centrally sited near the Bedok bus interchange, the pricing is unlikely to be a top draw.
Although no firm details have been released, prices are expected to hover around $1,300 per sq ft (psf), valuing a 517 sq ft one-bedroom unit at $723,000.
In contrast, several new projects - including A Treasure Trove in Punggol - have sold well in recent months, with analysts pointing to their average price of about $870 psf as a key attraction.
Bedok Residences comprises 583 units of one-, study plus one-, two-, three- and four-bedroom units, and penthouses.
The 15-storey project will be built above a retail development and is due for completion in 2015. It is unclear how many in the queue are really buyers looking to secure a flat in the 99-year leasehold project.
Since the last cooling measures were implemented in January, no major project has been an instant sell-out.
And Bedok Residences is unlikely to buck the trend, analysts noted.
Many people in the queue The Straits Times spoke to were property agents, or students and retirees who said they were being paid by agents to stay in line.
Asked if they were there to buy, a group of women shook their heads and pointed to a property agent's name card.
A potential buyer, Mr Lim K.T., said he was interested in the place as his in-laws lived nearby, but added that some of his friends who had come with him had decided against buying when they saw how disorganised the situation was.
There was no clear instruction on where to queue and many people pushed in.
Some analysts were taken aback at the turnout, given the unstable economic outlook. Guessing at a reason for the crowd, Mr Colin Tan, head of research at Chesterton Suntec International, said the resale market has been slow, so agents may be focusing on developer sales.

kane
22-11-11, 07:49
It would create a market perception and all developers bigger boys would end slashing one another like lunar new year when you buy cookies or flowers last minute.

No need to slash, I think somewhere below 1200psf will suffice.

dmonddd
22-11-11, 07:53
If you are the marketing agent and developer what would you do?
In others countries I heard of developers asking staff of related companies or agents to sign up units so to increase take up rates
I doubt it happens here

Anyway in paper there is only mention of students being paid by friends
I'm sure someone will get hold of the students for interview

latour
22-11-11, 07:58

for all the queuing hype, marketing, news, agents at the showflat grabing anyone that go close to it etc. slashing price looks not possible. Hope developer annouce it at a sensible price (but then its difficult to say) and clear their stock fast fast, since there are already 500+ in queue.

dmonddd
22-11-11, 08:01
No need to slash, I think somewhere below 1200psf will suffice.under current environment wouldn't the buyers want a price buffer off recent nearby projects although knowing recent nearby projects were priced during upturn.

That's why I said slashing.
I may consider east projects only if priced below 1000psf

Demand and supply forces
Less resale transactions with ready cash-flow whilst new launch locks in cashs
Betting on upside for 3 years recovery? Probably ok if take SSD into consideration but resale is similar on SSD. Well everyone's risk appetite differs

kane
22-11-11, 08:06
In others countries I heard of developers asking staff of related companies or agents to sign up units so to increase take up rates
I doubt it happens here

I would price it to move. It'll be very bad publicity if the queue is so long byt the take up rate is low.

kane
22-11-11, 08:10
under current environment wouldn't the buyers want a price buffer off recent nearby projects although knowing recent nearby projects were priced during upturn.

That's why I said slashing.
I may consider east projects only if priced below 1000psf

Demand and supply forces
Less resale transactions with ready cash-flow whilst new launch locks in cashs
Betting on upside for 3 years recovery? Probably ok if take SSD into consideration but resale is similar on SSD. Well everyone's risk appetite differs

You and I are rational who won't pay above $1k psf. But the crowd there probably isn't as rational.

Lovelle
22-11-11, 08:28
hmm, this one sound like a little but like The Centris. Shopping cum residence.

kane
22-11-11, 08:40
But centris has a major shopping centre.

dmonddd
22-11-11, 08:44
You and I are rational who won't pay above $1k psf. But the crowd there probably isn't as rational.

From the article, the project seems to be driven by 'wants'
Mr. Lim came with few friends but the others dropped out. Imagine preview of LV limited edition, a need, those in queue will not budge/give up - die die must have

Mr. Lim - i want to buy because near my in-laws place. If i ask further- HDB upgraders, in-laws staying in nearby HDB.

Agree with you on the irrational crowd on pricing
so my take of the situation - low take up rate overall

mcmlxxvi
22-11-11, 09:04
The smart will think this way - just queue first. Someone else will offer $$$ to buy your position from you when launch day arrives. ;-)

Lovelle
22-11-11, 09:05
400 people cld be queuing for MMs....

masterkey
22-11-11, 09:17
Expect many in the queue are there in case the launch price is attractive so be first in line to grab the best units. At $1300psf, actual sales will disappoint on Wed.

No doubt some will still buy due to heat of the moment (or from 3 days of sun), and suffer from buyer's remorse later.

mcmlxxvi
22-11-11, 09:23
400 people cld be queuing for MMs....
Eh... There is no MM in this project, no?

dmonddd
22-11-11, 09:24
The smart will think this way - just queue first. Someone else will offer $$$ to buy your position from you when launch day arrives. ;-)
yes i agree if the market is trending up
nay not now. btw would you offer $$$

dmonddd
22-11-11, 09:28
Expect many in the queue are there in case the launch price is attractive so be first in line to grab the best units. At $1300psf, actual sales will disappoint on Wed.

No doubt some will still buy due to heat of the moment (or from 3 days of sun), and suffer from buyer's remorse later.

i may consider east OCR condo with (2 notch facilities better than CCR condo - compensated by distance) if below $1k.

comparing CCR or brink of CCR resale condo ard same psf..and investment yield plus higher price elasticity (CCR condo price drop and up quicker)

masterkey
22-11-11, 09:36
i may consider east OCR condo with (2 notch facilities better than CCR condo - compensated by distance) if below $1k.

comparing CCR or brink of CCR resale condo ard same psf..and investment yield plus higher price elasticity (CCR condo price drop and up quicker)

Not many investors in that queue, mainly upgraders and perhaps marketeers' proxy, vastly different considerations. but the wishes of the masses are realities, no matter how incredible.

mcmlxxvi
22-11-11, 09:41
yes i agree if the market is trending up
nay not now. btw would you offer $$$
I would if queue number is good and I interested in this project seriously. But no interest in this one...

mcmlxxvi
22-11-11, 09:44
But centris has a major shopping centre.
In these coming hard times, Bedok with its super extensive neighbourhood shopping appears far more logical for the astute... Live like a King, eat like a pauper!!! ;-)

dmonddd
22-11-11, 09:44
I would if queue number is good and I interested in this project seriously. But no interest in this one...
would price slash drives up your interest in this project?

mcmlxxvi
22-11-11, 09:47
I doubt it happens here

Last night already did on news what. Paid $10 an hour and mostly asked by agents or 'friends' to queue.

mcmlxxvi
22-11-11, 09:49
would price slash drives up your interest in this project?
No. 4yrs SSD already net out any possibility of speculative gain.

dmonddd
22-11-11, 09:55
Last night already did on news what. Paid $10 an hour and mostly asked by agents or 'friends' to queue.

thought it was not 'explicit'

but some quoted that there are real upgraders.
Just anticipating if take up rate will be 30- 40%

dmonddd
22-11-11, 10:01
No. 4yrs SSD already net out any possibility of speculative gain.
looks like you will not be interested in next 2 years.

mcmlxxvi
22-11-11, 10:03
looks like you will not be interested in next 2 years.
Not true. If can sell one of mine at good profit it is possible I will be in market on the lookout again. I do still have some thats not under the SSD rulings...

mcmlxxvi
22-11-11, 10:07
thought it was not 'explicit'

but some quoted that there are real upgraders.
Just anticipating if take up rate will be 30- 40%
Was it said all 500+ units will be launched? I think in this uncertain time, they are using the gimmick more to gauge how many units to launch in first phase... Better to have "100% sold in phase one" then say "40% sold at launch" I think...

dmonddd
22-11-11, 10:07
Not true. If can sell one of mine at good profit it is possible I will be in market on the lookout again. I do still have some thats not under the SSD rulings...i meant your interest in this project
Looks like you are also scouting for a 'good' bargain

What's holding you back for realizing your profit against the back of 'great' news in the market

mcmlxxvi
22-11-11, 10:10
For this project, hdb addresses will form bulk of buyers. I have one neighbour who stay in hdb flat next to my project and bought a unit here rented out. He parks his car here and brings family to use the facilities occasionally. Makes perfect $en$e!

mcmlxxvi
22-11-11, 10:11
i meant your interest in this project
Looks like you are also scouting for a 'good' bargain

What's holding you back for realizing your profit against the back of 'great' news in the market
I am enjoying passive rental income for now...

latour
22-11-11, 10:11
"Tiong Bahru veri old pre-war flat is already $1mil" - tats the 'great' news... this one new one can consider (a fren overhead some would-be upgraders queuing over there).;)