PDA

View Full Version : URA releases 14 land parcels at Sembawang Greenvale for sale

sleek
16-09-10, 14:56
URA releases 14 land parcels at Sembawang Greenvale for sale
By Mok Fei Fei | Posted: 16 September 2010 1223 hrs (http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/singaporelocalnews/view/1081568/1/.html)

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/imagegallery/store/phpP4gtCX.jpg (http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/singaporelocalnews/view/1081568/1/.html)

SINGAPORE: The Urban Redevelopment Authority (URA) has released more land for sale on Thursday, September 16.

It is releasing 14 land parcels at Sembawang Greenvale for sale under the Confirmed List.

Located along Sembawang Road, Sembawang Greenvale is situated next to the established landed housing estates at Straits Garden and Sembawang Straits Estate.

URA said the land parcels, located near Sembawang Park and Sembawang Beach, will provide opportunities for individuals and small developers to take part in the government land sales programme.

In total, the 14 land parcels can potentially yield 115 landed housing units.

URA said it has put in infrastructure such as roads, drains, water, electricity and gas supply to facilitate the development of an attractive landed housing estate.

In addition, some of the 14 land parcels released for sale at Sembawang Greenvale can deploy new building guidelines in a pilot programme.

Architects can use the envelop control approach to build the homes, by adopting the volumetric approach, allowing for more creative designs.

With the new approach, some of the current development control guidelines on specific building features such as the attic profile, basement protrusion and floor-to-floor height will no longer be applicable.

The land parcels will be sold via public auction, which will be held on October 28.

Other than Sembawang Greenvale, URA is also releasing a land parcel at Stirling Road for sale under the Reserve List

The Stirling Road land parcel has a site area of about 1.05 hectares and can potentially yield 445 housing units. - CNA/fa

cashrich
16-09-10, 18:47
wow... remember what PM showed earlier on his Rally? There's a MRT line running through Sembawang and upwards. LH99 landed there. So much supply.. not sure if all will have bids.

14 = 1 to 4 (die).. wow...

Concours
16-09-10, 19:10
It may appear that there is an attraction on a seside property but be warned that the waters at Sembawang beach is not so perfect as it seems.

Its brownish. Not much of the waste is taken away by the tides as the Causeway is a dead end.

Plus the big Sembawang Shipyard operates next door.

The fish that I caught there is thrown back. I won't eat them.

Last thing you want with a seaside unit is when you hate swimming in the water.

rattydrama
16-09-10, 22:29
This place is getting popular over the last few years. I believed its because of a huge discount against prices in city area. Price was around 1.35m for a 3 sty terrace around 2700 sq ft. It used to be FH releases until recently new land releases are all LH. And it is just next to each other.
NEW LH and FH prices if I remembered correctly are the same at that time when launched. (2 years apart if not wrong)

cashrich
16-09-10, 23:42
This place is like a retirement village. Really out of the way. There are people who actually prefer to live here than in the city.

Dun worry about the water as long as you don't take a swim there.

The prices are flat or lower than other areas for valid reasons and those reasons remain valid.

MRT might lift it up a little. The causeway bridge if built might live it up a little. A bus interchange might also change things. Anyway, I doubt that developers will be very keen on these plots (over supply) and prices should be depressed in line with "cooling measures"