Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Suites @ Sims

Default Suites @ Sims

Any comments on a new FH project called Suites @ Sims located at 468 Sims Ave, Singapore 387544.

1 Block, 5 storeys, 48 units and advertised to be near future PayaLebar Commercial Hub and MRT.

http://www.propertylaunch.sg/[email protected]

Thank You.

Cool

another mickey mouse project! another 'suites'. every other new project is a suites,cant they figure out some other names? btw,units are all NW facing n its gona b helluva noisy day n night facing the main road..
    Last edited by fiat500; 03-10-10 at 15:55.

Actually "suites" conjure up image of small hotel rooms which seem an appropriate name for MM. You will notice most "Suites" are MM shoeboxes.

You can bet your bottom dollar every other new launch in D15 and D14 will be dominated by MM to cater for a significant group of low-budget buyers in these areas. This trend has happened for more than a year and has spread to other eastern regions like D16, D19, D13 as well. I guess demand for such dorm-like apartments cheaper than HDB flats still fairly strong. In addition, I believe developers no longer have the confidence to build normal units in these districts any more. If build standard unit in D15, may have to lower PSF to keep quantum affordable - that's what most developers try to avoid, esp in D14 and D15. So the only way to go is to keep units very small.

yah, even new full condos everywhere have downsized.
    e.g.
    2 bedders old standard was 1000sqft dropped to 850sqft and now dropped to 750sqft

This project has 3 units of SOHO (mixed residential and commercial) units on level 2.

I wonder whether is it appropriate for businesses with occasional visiting customers to be located here?

Will customers view businesses located in an apartment as a lower cost setups compared to those located in a commercial space?

Heard that the VVIP launch is coming Monday 18 Oct. Wonder how it will go....

Quote Originally Posted by Fleur
    Heard that the VVIP launch is coming Monday 18 Oct. Wonder how it will go....
    sell out again lor...wat u expect

Another MM development Is the launch price $1000psf?

Yes, it should be. Bank loans are not a problem. Seems that it is opposite Central Grove.

I think the agents are all too bz to reply here. Launch prices from 490k up, 13xx to 14xx psf. Good luck.

Is it true that SOHO units in this development need to apply with URA every 3 years in order to use unit for business due to the mixed zoning? There could be a possibility URA may not approve if there are valid complains about the business??

VVIP should be in progress now or balloting over. Any agents or buyers or kaypos wanna share the sale response?

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008
    Another MM development Is the launch price $1000psf?

its sonear Geylang ... 1000 psf ?

then those FH condos near lor 28-36 all chiong also lah ?

Quote Originally Posted by property_finder
    Is it true that SOHO units in this development need to apply with URA every 3 years in order to use unit for business due to the mixed zoning? There could be a possibility URA may not approve if there are valid complains about the business??
    SOHO = Small office, home office ?

or the real origin of SOHO = South of Houston ....

Quote Originally Posted by proud owner
    its sonear Geylang ... 1000 psf ?

then those FH condos near lor 28-36 all chiong also lah ?
    No, as I said above - 13xx-14xxpsf!!!!!!!!!!!!

I received an update from an agent. Launch price from 445k upwards. About 1180 psf... Heard that there is going to be another new launch along Lor 39, near to the Paya Lebar MRT interchange.

I received an update from an agent. Launch price from 445k upwards. About 1180 psf... Heard that there is going to be another new launch along Lor 39, near to the Paya Lebar MRT interchange.
    This the People's Mansion site. Should be bigger than Suites @ Sims.

Last 3 units 1BR left from 450k .... .. . :-O

No, it is not People's Mansion. That is at Lor 31. I think the Lor 39 site is better as it is closer to Paya Lebar MRT.

No, it is not People's Mansion. That is at Lor 31. I think the Lor 39 site is better as it is closer to Paya Lebar MRT.
    Oh I stand corrected! Agreed. Agent updated me balloting closed. Now is attack left over units...

the funny thing is ppl r balloting to buy 1200psf MM in geylang whereas bigger units r struggling at 6xxpsf

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    the funny thing is ppl r balloting to buy 1200psf MM in geylang whereas bigger units r struggling at 6xxpsf
    New is always better. To put it very crudely (I beg forgiveness but can't resist) find wife also people like to find virgin right?

Virgin? Which generation do you belong to?

Quote Originally Posted by mcmlxxvi
    New is always better. To put it very crudely (I beg forgiveness but can't resist) find wife also people like to find virgin right?

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Falcon
    Virgin? Which generation do you belong to?
    X... the last time I checked. :P

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    exactly ....

goes to show ..how much money these people have ... only looking at quantum ..

Well, as one of my friends put it.... Smaller quantum means smaller loan smaller risks. People who buy such MM are in for the longer haul as they have to wait longer for the psf to increase. They also target the expatriates who are here on more local terms which means that they do not hefty housing allowances. In HK, they consider 40sqm and above.... medium sized condo!

Anyone knows what is the psf of the 700+ sqft penthouse?

Well, as one of my friends put it.... Smaller quantum means smaller loan smaller risks. People who buy such MM are in for the longer haul as they have to wait longer for the psf to increase. They also target the expatriates who are here on more local terms which means that they do not hefty housing allowances. In HK, they consider 40sqm and above.... medium sized condo!
    no matter how small....still can rent out de....make sure it doesnt get smaller den a HDB common room....lol

HK: 400sqft effectively ard 350sqft rite bcoz they goto pay for common areas

recently, i noticed chickens also camp at odd lorongs 31+

overwhelming demand and supply

Quote Originally Posted by smurfzzz
    Anyone knows what is the psf of the 700+ sqft penthouse?
    I believe about $900 psf.