Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: The Glyndebourne @ Dunearn (D11, Freehold, CDL)

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

Pay high price for a chance to ballot - still good chance (about 75%) to get in (within 1km only, outside 1km ZERO chance).
    Can don't pay anything and don't ballot - ZERO chance to get in.
    Heard SCGS do not accept PVs (unlike other schools where a fixed quota has been set aside for PVs).

Quote Originally Posted by proud owner
    heard now within 1km also must ballot ... true ?

pay high price still have to ballot ? sigh .....

SCGS has no PV no church, this removes most of the 2b phase seats. So distance alone is gd enough. look at nyps, after alumni, pv, only left less than 60 seats, for a cohort of 330.

Wondering if this will be a low rise 5 story project. Hah Teddy this is a case of low plot ratio low height project. Will it have enough communal space ?

I am scared of the mozzies! I prefer height above 12 storeys to be clear of the top of trees and insects (include mozzies) which can jump in from top of trees).
    This one how big is the land hah? 5 storeys only? That means more blocks and less land space? Unless land very big, else the facilities will be limited or/& the blocks will be too close for comfort! (Can't tolerate people can see me in the house clearly from their house (which is very common with the newer condos!)! ).

Quote Originally Posted by amk
    SCGS has no PV no church, this removes most of the 2b phase seats. So distance alone is gd enough. look at nyps, after alumni, pv, only left less than 60 seats, for a cohort of 330.

Wondering if this will be a low rise 5 story project. Hah Teddy this is a case of low plot ratio low height project. Will it have enough communal space ?

Plot size: 178995 sqft
    8 blocks of 5 storey with attic.
    No. Units: 150

U have one actual case here to argue with the wild

What is the plot ratio? kum sia.
    8 blocks? A lot of space will need to be provided for between the blocks otherwise it will another of the "you can see me clearly" "I can see you clearly" type from you house and your neighbour's house!

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear
    8 blocks? A lot of space will need to be provided for between the blocks otherwise it will another of the "you can see me clearly" "I can see you clearly" type from you house and your neighbour's house!
    isnt it good?

Good for you?!
    For this type, you must definitely live in those low-rise many blocks type of estate D9-11. Many ang mos wearing BKN around. Even got bare-top walking around in the house.......

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    isnt it good?
    Last edited by teddybear; 06-10-10 at 15:30.

with height limit of 5 stories, the plot ratio is likely to be in the vicinity of 1.5.

I cannot see from the official master plan, it's still shown as a hotel site. But since all its neighbors are 1.4, I would imagine most likely it will be 1.4 also.

I thought the hotel already built to 10+ storeys?

I cannot see from the official master plan, it's still shown as a hotel site. But since all its neighbors are 1.4, I would imagine most likely it will be 1.4 also.

is this stretch of the road flood prone?

should I buy a boat before TOP?

quite a few similarities to Duchess Residences which is completing/completed. this project is obviously in better location. similarly 5 storey (1.4 plot ratio), duchess with 150,000sq ft of land with 120 units (without tennis court, this one has rite?). i still think the communal space is quite limited lah for these type of developments as the blocks themselves do take up a significant amount of space, unlike high rise.

Quote Originally Posted by bargain hunter
    quite a few similarities to Duchess Residences which is completing/completed. this project is obviously in better location. similarly 5 storey (1.4 plot ratio), duchess with 150,000sq ft of land with 120 units (without tennis court, this one has rite?). i still think the communal space is quite limited lah for these type of developments as the blocks themselves do take up a significant amount of space, unlike high rise.
    so basically, prices for this part of singapore have not gone up at all since 2007. I remember that duchess residences were launched at about $1,800 to $2000.

while prices for west coast have doubled.

You agree with my opinion that plot ratio low so limited communal space? The bird doesn't agree and keep arguing and arguing lei. You should have mentioned then...........

Since already doubled, so upside limited?
    Must wait for other parts of Singapore to double first? (So Glyndebourne shoudl sell at $3600-4000 psf? ).

Quote Originally Posted by stalingrad
    while prices for west coast have doubled.

this condo is right by the road, and thus may not be as good as duchess reisideces in terms of quietness.

u argue too much liao, i dun have time to follow all leh , i remember i mentioned before leh, even quoted cascadia as an example, along with duchess but not sure if it was during your argument with WF.

You agree with my opinion that plot ratio low so limited communal space? The bird doesn't agree and keep arguing and arguing lei. You should have mentioned then...........

my feeling is that this part is definitely worth more than duchess. i agree that quietness sure lose out but the inconvenience of duchess vs this is hopefully not too noisy for the non road facing units for this project.

then again, half of duchess has 2 bedrooms facing a hostel (albeit hwa chong hostel) kekeke.

proximity of stevens mrt and easier travel/less jam to town is worth more than duchess i believe.

the smallest unit at duchess, 1464sq ft transacted at 1700psf in sep, same price as a another same sized unit in apr (and transactions have been few and far in between 8 subsales in 15 months) so prices there have obviously stalled as we march towards TOP. i think prices for the projects launched at the peak in 2007 for this area are still slightly below the launch prices then.

Quote Originally Posted by stalingrad
    so basically, prices for this part of singapore have not gone up at all since 2007. I remember that duchess residences were launched at about $1,800 to $2000.

i did mention: http://forums.condosingapore.com/sho...360#post110360

not sure in which thread u were arguing with WF though.

the parc thread.

Ops I see, the same bird had argued about same thing before in Farrer Court page!
    If building higher storeys will not result in less cramp and more communal space, why HDB build high-rise buildings in first place? May be the bird will say all those people in charge are stupid?

i did mention: http://forums.condosingapore.com/sho...360#post110360

not sure in which thread u were arguing with WF though.

178,995 sqft.
    Plot ratio 1.4
    150 units in 8 5-storey buildings. (3.75 unit per storey per block).
    Ave GFA per unit (assume all same size) = 1670.6 sqft
    Ave land area per unit (assume all same sizes) = 1193 sqft (wow! looks big!)

Then, look at actual product - Why so cramped hah? Why "you see me clearly" "I see you clearly" type of "private property"? May be can call it "public property" (since so "public" for everybody to see so clearly)?

my feeling is that this part is definitely worth more than duchess.
    Huh duchess residence... Where do I start ?

Duchess Res is so crowded, I bet come TOP, lots of ppl will put it on sale. the hostel u mentioned is at least 2 storey higher, so u not only face them, they "look down" on you.

Duchess Res is only 1km to NYPS. This one is to both ACS and SCGS. NYPS even within 1km the chance is very low.

Duchess Res doesn't have a regular pool. I hope this one has a normal one, not some fanciful "themed pool" nonsense.

For this one, I'm quite sure the landed facing ones will sell well. 2000psf, a bit high though. 1800 could have been a sweet spot. Qwek used to say "leave some gravies for buyers"

AMK you are power! lots to learn from you as a new parent.

Another prefer high plot ratio with double the population person. Nothing wrong with that. Just that if you prefer double the population on the same plot, just ask yourself are you going to get double the car park space or double the tennis court etc. That is why I always say, you must still look at the plot relative to the population. On a small plot, if you have double the population or density, then the likelihood of not getting enough parking lots or booking your facilities is higher. If you have 2 cars or more and really use facilities, you will understand. But if hubby and wife everyday stick together and share car then nevermind. 178k sq ft is a small plot. And 40% of a small plot will always be small. But imagine if the plot size is 400k, then 40% of 400k will have room to do a lot of things, provided it is not too dense. So , the CRITICAL FACTOR is the PLOT SIZE, not the plot ratio. Plot ratio merely means you're squeezing more people into the same plot of land which WILL have more constraints on car parks etc. Yes, I know you're going to say some is airspace and creating more airspace does not create constraints on the ground. Really? Just think about it.

If you like high density development, so be it. But don't put down on low density ones which are more likely to accord more parking space, better ability to book facilities etc.

I am not defending this development. You should just go to take a look before judging the development will be crowded with insufficient common facilities or parking or whatever.

Last edited by Wild Falcon; 06-10-10 at 20:13.

Wild if u noticed I said neither has apparent advantage And seriously I have lived in both cases.

give Duchess Resi some credit, it is also 1km to RGS. not that it matters anymore, now all within 1km also ballot hahaha but then how to put on sale when more than half the project is sitting on paper loss at 1700psf, quantum huge (min. entry is around 2.5m for the smallest 3 bedder and even that price is below the average sales price at launch).

Huh duchess residence... Where do I start ?

Duchess Res is so crowded, I bet come TOP, lots of ppl will put it on sale. the hostel u mentioned is at least 2 storey higher, so u not only face them, they "look down" on you.

Duchess Res is only 1km to NYPS. This one is to both ACS and SCGS. NYPS even within 1km the chance is very low.

Duchess Res doesn't have a regular pool. I hope this one has a normal one, not some fanciful "themed pool" nonsense.

For this one, I'm quite sure the landed facing ones will sell well. 2000psf, a bit high though. 1800 could have been a sweet spot. Qwek used to say "leave some gravies for buyers"

give Duchess Resi some credit, it is also 1km to RGS. .
    I think on duchess avenue the last project within 1k to rgps is duchess crest, its neighbour. The other neighbor , casabella, is already out. This one is very borderline.
    Anyway as u said it's ptless anyway. Rgps has a huge pv program. Even got a pv website! It managed to take 20% of the cohort for pvs! U can imagine how many seats left after 2b.
    Duchess now got ppl selling 18## only lah.

Btw very sorry for the OT. This is abt the new cdl project not duchess. I shall stop here.

178k sqft of estate land is still small?
    You go and count how many private estates in Singapore has >= 178k sqft of land? However, the new ones are suitable for you because that is the trend: big land and pack in 1000+ units (even if plot ratio is low). (To me I avoid because buy HDB even better because HDB also won't have 1000+ units cramped together!).

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Falcon
    Another prefer high plot ratio with double the population person. Nothing wrong with that. Just that if you prefer double the population on the same plot, just ask yourself are you going to get double the car park space or double the tennis court etc. That is why I always say, you must still look at the plot relative to the population. On a small plot, if you have double the population or density, then the likelihood of not getting enough parking lots or booking your facilities is higher. If you have 2 cars or more and really use facilities, you will understand. But if hubby and wife everyday stick together and share car then nevermind. 178k sq ft is a small plot. And 40% of a small plot will always be small. But imagine if the plot size is 400k, then 40% of 400k will have room to do a lot of things, provided it is not too dense. So , the CRITICAL FACTOR is the PLOT SIZE, not the plot ratio. Plot ratio merely means you're squeezing more people into the same plot of land which WILL have more constraints on car parks etc. Yes, I know you're going to say some is airspace and creating more airspace does not create constraints on the ground. Really? Just think about it.

If you like high density development, so be it. But don't put down on low density ones which are more likely to accord more parking space, better ability to book facilities etc.

I am not defending this development. You should just go to take a look before judging the development will be crowded with insufficient common facilities or parking or whatever.