Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Duchess Residence (D10, UOL, 999y)

Quote Originally Posted by bargain hunter
    aiyah, pple not so free like us mah, can chit chat about any project, interested or not interested, who cares? oops, i think i was the one who told dmonddd that everyone posts with an agenda 1 1/2 years ago if i did not remember wrongly. but what i meant was, "people posting here may have agenda, so please take everything with a pinch of salt".
    yes bargain hunter was the one who mentioned that when i was a newbie.

as i read postings and i myself submit postings, u can roughly gauge intentions of the forum threadsters.

Thats why I always advocate people posting FACTS.
    Rather then their silly opinions.

Look out for verifiable postings rather than staying here better than staying there.

Eg. How much is the current rental now ? How much is the lowest asking prices ? Eeerrmm ... think no need to give too many examples of whats verifiable and whats just opinions.

Last thing, the above are considered facts hor, not opinion.

Haha!
    DK

Quote Originally Posted by DKSG

Look out for verifiable postings rather than staying here better than staying there.

Eg. How much is the current rental now ? How much is the lowest asking prices ? Eeerrmm ... think no need to give too many examples of whats verifiable and whats just opinions.

Haha!
    DK
    U shdnt come here den. Jus visit Ura, streetsine, st, biz times etc to get the facts

Quote Originally Posted by stalingrad
    the parc condo even looks like someone pang saiing. the body on the right. the stretched out legs on the left. really uncanny resemblance.

Estuary best inverted W

we can only wish for factual information but its hard to come by. everyone wants to know what is the current rental now but who would want to disclose? as for how much is the lowest asking price? the unit is probably gone before the info can make its way to this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by DKSG

Haha!
    DK

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    U shdnt come here den. Jus visit Ura, streetsine, st, biz times etc to get the facts
    exactly. opinions sometimes are more important and interesting than facts. For example, the idea that the parc condo is ugly can only be expressed as an opinion. The idea that furnishings at waterford is ugly can only be expressed as a opinion, too.

but to some, these opinions are far more important than so called facts.

it is really disturbing that some people respond to opinions by engaging in personal attacks. just awful. Feel free to disagree, but please do not engage in personalities.
    Last edited by stalingrad; 25-10-10 at 11:07.

aiyoh guys really can we make peace ?

some more I started this thread.. yes I have very EVIL agenda

back on topic. what would you guys think a fair rental should be for this place ? It's going to be TOP'ed any time now.

btw when I said "Right before it Duchess Crest is doing abt 5k-6k plus for 3bd, 6k-7k plus for 4bd", it's a fact ok

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

For DR this location, difficult to get high yield lah, should be about $4-4.50 psf.

Quote Originally Posted by amk

back on topic. what would you guys think a fair rental should be for this place ? It's going to be TOP'ed any time now.

btw when I said "Right before it Duchess Crest is doing abt 5k-6k plus for 3bd, 6k-7k plus for 4bd", it's a fact ok

So DR should be around 6 to 7k+ for 3 bedders (60 of them)? only twelve 4 bedders so can disregard. 24 penthouses and 24 garden mansionettes should be harder to guess since sizes start from FROM 2700sq ft around $4psf would be already around 11k? a tad pricey if for rental? guys, which one u think is worth more, PH or GM? GM supposed to be a feature of this project but one bedroom is in a dark basement with not much light going down. some units could also be blocked by the bridged pathways which are flying about so even 1st floor may not get good light. PH more straightforward but then nothing special liao since also avail at other projects nearby.

GM supposed to be a feature of this project but one bedroom is in a dark basement with not much light going down
    I think GM is a marketing gimmick employed by UOL. It did the same for its Meadows project, i.e. packaging the usual ground floor unit as something else.

For this development, the ground floor units are partially blocked by all the lift shafts. So it will probably be quite dim even for the living room. So for the same price, the PH is definitely better.

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear
    For DR this location, difficult to get high yield lah, should be about $4-4.50 psf.
    some of the owners are asking for $6 psf for rentals. I think they are just dreaming. They are just so bored and have nothing else better to do.

yup.

in your opinion, u think $11k or more for the PH is do-able?

I think GM is a marketing gimmick employed by UOL. It did the same for its Meadows project, i.e. packaging the usual ground floor unit as something else.

For this development, the ground floor units are partially blocked by all the lift shafts. So it will probably be quite dim even for the living room. So for the same price, the PH is definitely better.

yup.

in your opinion, u think $11k or more for the PH is do-able?
    imho, unlikely. nearby projects' PHs are barely getting 9k plus. townhouses , real houses are doing 11k above, and their rooms are bigger. DR's bedrms are the "new generation designs".

actually I personally feel the PH or larger units in general in this area are diff to rent out. At $4 psf, they demand at least a 10k rental. But for this area, other than schools nearby, there is hardly any other draw factor. Expats dun rent for NYPS/Chinese High/etc. For 10k they prefer to rent Newton/Orchard/etc. On the other hand, for 3bd at 6-7k, there are plenty of families that like the quietness and low density housing of this area.

i share your sentiments and maintain my view that UOL ripped the VVIP buyers off.

DR's rooms are already "quite big" by today's standards, albeit with bay windows. i guess the "newness" can offset their smaller bedroom size vs the older developments nearby. $4psf is actually $11k. maybe 1 or 2 units can hit but there are 48 such units. the rest had better be for owner occupation.

imho, unlikely. nearby projects' PHs are barely getting 9k plus. townhouses , real houses are doing 11k above, and their rooms are bigger. DR's bedrms are the "new generation designs".

actually I personally feel the PH or larger units in general in this area are diff to rent out. At $4 psf, they demand at least a 10k rental. But for this area, other than schools nearby, there is hardly any other draw factor. Expats dun rent for NYPS/Chinese High/etc. For 10k they prefer to rent Newton/Orchard/etc. On the other hand, for 3bd at 6-7k, there are plenty of families that like the quietness and low density housing of this area.

i share your sentiments and maintain my view that UOL ripped the VVIP buyers off.

DR's rooms are already "quite big" by today's standards, albeit with bay windows. i guess the "newness" can offset their smaller bedroom size vs the older developments nearby. $4psf is actually $11k. maybe 1 or 2 units can hit but there are 48 such units. the rest had better be for owner occupation.
    I saw them being ripped off. I was at the showflat. but let me assure you they were happy to be ripped off. It was a privilege to be ripped off. people like us who have no inside connections was not given a chance to be ripped off. Most units were sold before the public were given a chance to take a look.

amk, i dun get wat u mean. wat do u mean by 1680psf still higher than power buy bunch?

http://forums.condosingapore.com/sho...738#post137738

the Wee and Co. did this :

Rowee Low #01-07 1546psf
    WEC #01-11 1556psf

plus I know
    #01-06 1546psf
    #01-09 1533psf

So 1680 is still significantly higher than them.

yup yup. but what about those who bot at 2000psf?!?!?!?! tio sabo liao. i know GM many were sold at that price also wor in 07.

the Wee and Co. did this :

Rowee Low #01-07 1546psf
    WEC #01-11 1556psf

plus I know
    #01-06 1546psf
    #01-09 1533psf

So 1680 is still significantly higher than them.

those who bot at 2000psf?!?!?!?! tio sabo liao
    name of the game man!

where can you find a development whose selling price, within 2 days, has a massive deviation of 15xxpsf to 22xxpsf ?

precisely! champion wily old fox!

name of the game man!

where can you find a development whose selling price, within 2 days, has a massive deviation of 15xxpsf to 22xxpsf ?

ok I see the newly sold ground floor unit lodged:

102 Duchess Avenue #01-02
    999 Yrs From 27/12/1875
    $1680
    $5045k
    26 Jan 11

actually I think pretty good for the buyer, because 01-03 and 01-04 both were sold at a $6134000, a massive $1M more

i can only repeat my previous post:

precisely! champion wily old fox!

hahaha. so that's a 18% discount? this project is way underwater.

so which is the final returned unit at duchess still unsold? think it was a ground floor unit too.

ok I see the newly sold ground floor unit lodged:

102 Duchess Avenue #01-02
    999 Yrs From 27/12/1875
    $1680
    $5045k
    26 Jan 11

actually I think pretty good for the buyer, because 01-03 and 01-04 both were sold at a $6134000, a massive $1M more

Default flat as a pancake

top 2 psf:

#03-07 1799psf 12 MAY 2010
    #03-22 1797psf 04 MAR 2011

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listi...ess-residences

if this is for real, how to support rental?!

if this is for real, how to support rental?!
    haha....not bad leh....10k rental for a 5mio ppty....hahahaha.....nett yield probably 1.8-2%.....rent better den own it

hey bro, u din go down to skysuites? hahaha.

yah. but 5m is probably the buyer's price. current price unknown. kekeke.

haha....not bad leh....10k rental for a 5mio ppty....hahahaha.....nett yield probably 1.8-2%.....rent better den own it

Just a glimpse of what is coming for the rental market. The high end condos rental comes down and compresses the rental of mid end condos, then lower end condos

Quote Originally Posted by hyenergix
    Just a glimpse of what is coming for the rental market. The high end condos rental comes down and compresses the rental of mid end condos, then lower end condos
    Are not lower end condos rental supported by HDB ?

Quote Originally Posted by hopeful
    Are not lower end condos rental supported by HDB ?
    The compression goes on, but HDB will be the last one to get hit and the impact is not that great as the rental is not that high to begin with.

Ang Mos are also getting smarter and they are seeking bigger bangs for their bucks. Since early this year, I'm starting to see more Ang Mos staying around my HDB estate, eating at coffee shops and going to NTUC.

this agent more honest. shows the 2 bedrooms facing the Hwa Chong International Boarding School.