Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678

Thread: Woodgrove condo, lilydale or woodsvale

Jus my thoughts-initiali I was quite intent on upgrading n wld sell if I can get x price(following ratty's advice). However, due to the slow market forces now n also the posts tat I read here, I have come to tis conclusion tat I wil only sell if I can hit x+30k.. Technically it's a rather optimistic figure at this market.

So will jus wait n see how tings pan.. No matter how optimistic the agent is, she will stil have to produce the asking price.. Else it's no deal at all...

Quote Originally Posted by rattydrama
    If there are many viewers that will give u a better chance. The only concern now is people sitting at the side and wAit. Next year may not be as good.

Last Sunday there r viewers... However, there is no offers.. Agent was telling me some of her buyers r waiting for the new valuation to come out..

So far she has delivered her promise of an increase in valuation.. Wile I was expecting 5k increase, she was confident it will be more... N so far she is quite spot on..

Still she has not brought any offers for me as compared to the previous agent...so it's to early to judge her

Quote Originally Posted by Sgysfj
    Hi acewee, we compare lily to northoaks n woodsvale.
    We find tat lily is very peaceful n quiet.. It's not tt crowded as compared to d other 2 n it's also in the budget tat we have to upgrade.

Wich other nice ones u actuali have in mind? Can share wif me
    On the contrary, I viewed a unit at Lilydale in Year 2009 and was turned off by the condition of the condo unit and the surroundings. It was growing with algae everywhere and basement was not very clean. Perhaps things have improved recently with The Canopy being launched.

Instead I bought NorthOaks couple of months back which was quiet and serene to me, i guessed the specific unit location plays a part and mine was done up very nicely, thus minimal touch up to do.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder

Hmmm... have to agree that house hunting is a pain in the ass...

Quote Originally Posted by solsys
    On the contrary, I viewed a unit at Lilydale in Year 2009 and was turned off by the condition of the condo unit and the surroundings. It was growing with algae everywhere and basement was not very clean. Perhaps things have improved recently with The Canopy being launched.

Instead I bought NorthOaks couple of months back which was quiet and serene to me, i guessed the specific unit location plays a part and mine was done up very nicely, thus minimal touch up to do.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder

Hmmm... have to agree that house hunting is a pain in the ass...

Lilydale has undergone repainting last time I viewed there...
    True Beauty is in the eye of the beholder...
    I personally find northoaks unit are odd shaped..mayb it's due to the unit I seen.also find tat northoaks is quite crowded n noisy...

Anyways as for me I'm stil undecided to buy wich project due to the fact I hv nt managed to sell off my unit...

Northoaks' units I'm told are a mix of good and irregular - just need to find one to your liking (again beauty in eye of beholder)

You must have visited it on the weekend else weekdays it's nice and quiet (no pesky kids - this same for most condos anyway)

Lilydale has no secondary security if I'm not wrong (if u can get into the condo compund, you can access any unit since no security access points)

Both are treasures of the north in my opinion anyways and psf bound to head north

Quote Originally Posted by mantrix
    Northoaks' units I'm told are a mix of good and irregular - just need to find one to your liking (again beauty in eye of beholder)

You must have visited it on the weekend else weekdays it's nice and quiet (no pesky kids - this same for most condos anyway)

Lilydale has no secondary security if I'm not wrong (if u can get into the condo compund, you can access any unit since no security access points)

Both are treasures of the north in my opinion anyways and psf bound to head north

Ya, lilydale has no secondary security.. In fact I noticed only rosewood n northoaks has it.

True la, beauty r in the eyes of the beholder.. So far all the units I hv seen in northoaks r odd shaped..mayb din have the luck to see a good layout one..
    Wat me n my wife feel abt northoaks is tat the units/buildings itself is abit cramped.. As though they r trying to make as much units as possible.. Tis is jus our opinion... Having said tat, the pool n the other areas r huge..

Well jus tat we dnt prefer northoaks...n perhaps we were there during the weekends therefore d crowd n d noise..well in all we jus prefer lily although we wnt mind thinking of euphony..

Btw is northoaks/woodsvale cheaper than lily/euphony?
    I tink prices r comparable last I check.. Ard 500+ psf...

Ya, lilydale has no secondary security.. In fact I noticed only rosewood n northoaks has it.

True la, beauty r in the eyes of the beholder.. So far all the units I hv seen in northoaks r odd shaped..mayb din have the luck to see a good layout one..
    Wat me n my wife feel abt northoaks is tat the units/buildings itself is abit cramped.. As though they r trying to make as much units as possible.. Tis is jus our opinion... Having said tat, the pool n the other areas r huge..

Well jus tat we dnt prefer northoaks...n perhaps we were there during the weekends therefore d crowd n d noise..well in all we jus prefer lily although we wnt mind thinking of euphony..

Btw is northoaks/woodsvale cheaper than lily/euphony?
    I tink prices r comparable last I check.. Ard 500+ psf...
    I think Northoaks / Woodsvale slightly higher due to their proximity to MRT and besides they are fully privatised. Lilydale has a few years to go so should be cheaper. As for euphony, it is along sembawang road and full fledged condo so should cost slightly higher

Sgysfj, any latest update on the sales?

Sgysfj, any latest update on the sales?

Update- ard 10 buyers came to view in the past two weeks.. Today itself got two buyers who came... One old couple is keen but have not offered.. They are downgrading from pte...

So far there is no concrete offer.. My agent seems adamant on getting the exact price n seems to leave no room for bargain.. Mayb that's y got no offers at all..

Me n wife have stopped gg for viewing..kinda of given up hope of upgrading..
    Seems the timing is not right for us to sell then upgrade or simply we got no luck..

If can't sell by end nov,I will pull out n will reno my kids room..

Update- ard 10 buyers came to view in the past two weeks.. Today itself got two buyers who came... One old couple is keen but have not offered.. They are downgrading from pte...

So far there is no concrete offer.. My agent seems adamant on getting the exact price n seems to leave no room for bargain.. Mayb that's y got no offers at all..

Seems the timing is not right for us to sell then upgrade or simply we got no luck..

Market is in a stalemate mode.... buyer selller refuse too budge.... hehe. Flat market for the next coming year or so....

just try hard. No harm. This period of selling should be better than waiting till next year if you wanna sell.

sometimes you just need one firm offer after a long wait.

just try hard. No harm. This period of selling should be better than waiting till next year if you wanna sell.

sometimes you just need one firm offer after a long wait.

We have more or less accepted the fact we may not sell after all..
    Jus waiting for the exclusive time to end..

We have more or less accepted the fact we may not sell after all..
    Jus waiting for the exclusive time to end..

Sgysfj, how come? thot the new agent is confident in helping u to sell?

Quote Originally Posted by rinachew
    Sgysfj, how come? thot the new agent is confident in helping u to sell?
    If he comes back to ask for lilydale, chances are it has been sold. So the answer is pretty clear and its inline to MBT wish.

If he comes back to ask for lilydale, chances are it has been sold. So the answer is pretty clear and its inline to MBT wish.
    Record Price for Lilydale..

556 Yishun Avenue 6 #12-15
    99 Yrs From 12/09/2000
    $652
    $828k
    19 Nov 10

Ratty can consider Robinson Suites or the upcoming Dragon Mansion or even Spottiswoody

possible thomson line should be near to these enclave?

icon any good?
    Quote Originally Posted by kingkong1984
    Record Price for Lilydale..

556 Yishun Avenue 6 #12-15
    99 Yrs From 12/09/2000
    $652
    $828k
    19 Nov 10

Ratty can consider Robinson Suites or the upcoming Dragon Mansion or even Spottiswoody

Haha, rubbish lah.
    You mean priced in liao?

I dun understand..

Never mind, grab a unit fast before price go up further.

Quote Originally Posted by rinachew
    I dun understand..
    me neither...

Haha, rubbish lah.
    You mean priced in liao?
    icon priced in liao?

icon priced in liao?
    not refering to that. If you have said lilydale pricing is due to MRT line. I would think that it has been priced in if so. However, it is not true right?

As to recommendations, please explore on your own, so sorry ok?

D1/D2, FH near MRT with Facilities are good investments. Go find. Maybe Emerald Garden also good.

not refering to that. If you have said lilydale pricing is due to MRT line. I would think that it has been priced in if so. However, it is not true right?

As to recommendations, please explore on your own, so sorry ok?

D1/D2, FH near MRT with Facilities are good investments. Go find. Maybe Emerald Garden also good.
    oops! I mistook lilydale with euphony garden. No wonder u say rubbish.haha.....I think euphony garden better buy.

D1/D2 - look look see see but not buying now.

D1/D2 - look look see see but not buying now.
    bcoz its not expensive enuff?

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    bcoz its not expensive enuff?
    wow now u so bullish???
    I don’t mind to wait. Up or down ok for me. J Up 20% I sell and if down 20% I buy some more… hehe

will start shopping around 10% diff from current price.

wow now u so bullish???
    I don’t mind to wait. Up or down ok for me. J Up 20% I sell and if down 20% I buy some more… hehe

will start shopping around 10% diff from current price.
    i m still bullish in D1,2 ....not general market

i m still bullish in D1,2 ....not general market
    its still bullish? if down 1,2,3 all down...

its still bullish? if down 1,2,3 all down...
    If up, not all segment up by the same pace

If up, not all segment up by the same pace
    too much money dont know where to park? .... hand itchy?