Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Woodgrove condo, lilydale or woodsvale

Quote Originally Posted by fooblackie
    out of curiosity, which project did you buy eventually?
    You can ask me again in Jan 2011.

there is no bench mark for renovation. Usually if owner pay 50k but when they sell they cannot really take back the 50k. You probably can nego and add another 20k for that renovation work that he has done in your own costing.

Just say that you dont like the reno and ask for better price lor.

Its a hassle to work with reno contractor and usually you end up paying more than what you have budgeted.

Quote Originally Posted by Sgysfj
    Tats wat we r tinking. If we buy a unit wich is well maintain n nice reno-Ed,
    then we can save time, effort on money although we most prob be paying more the unit.

We like the Reno n condition of tat particular unit n also another unit in woodsvale. If we do buy such units, we wnt chg d ID n jus will move in as the units r move in condition.

However we r tinking if we shld buy a average condition unit at a much cheaper price n do Reno.the price diference btw such units can be btw 50-70k.
    Shld we spd the savings of 50k to 70k on Reno the units instd?
    Last edited by rattydrama; 18-10-10 at 09:44.

Quote Originally Posted by patricia
    Have U viewed Orchid park? Very spacious inside and is near to amenities.
    this is an FEO old project. workmanship not so good in those period.
    Last edited by rattydrama; 18-10-10 at 09:43.

Tats y we wana avoid major renovation if possible.fair to say tat tis particular unit needs little or no renovation at all.jus wondering if buying it @ 560psf is a
    good move now... Or it's buying wif our heart , not wif our head. Hvg said tat it is for our homestay.

Duno if we r able to nego the price down further based on the owners reno.. I tink it's one of their selling point

Quote Originally Posted by rattydrama
    there is no bench mark for renovation. Usually if owner pay 50k but when they sell they cannot really take back the 50k. You probably can nego and add another 20k for that renovation work that he has done in your own costing.

Just say that you dont like the reno and ask for better price lor.

Its a hassle to work with reno contractor and usually you end up paying more than what you have budgeted.

its about what price are you willing to pay after you do your own sum and comparison.

For example, If you dont have enough cash for downpayment n reno at the same time, you will have to get a cheaper unit which is probably a non renovated unit and do reno yourself much later if you really like lily that much.

I would say use our brain and not heart in decision making as ppty price in SG is very expensive.

If I were to buy into Malaysia property with a fraction of SG price, I will use my heart wholeheartedly.

its about what price are you willing to pay after you do your own sum and comparison.

For example, If you dont have enough cash for downpayment n reno at the same time, you will have to get a cheaper unit which is probably a non renovated unit and do reno yourself much later if you really like lily that much.

I would say use our brain and not heart in decision making as ppty price in SG is very expensive.

If I were to buy into Malaysia property with a fraction of SG price, I will use my heart wholeheartedly.
    unfortunately I hv to put on hold all the plans coz d agent tat was selling my hse suddenly say both my buyers who had put in firm offers earlier pulled out. Tis hapens aft I ask him to allow me to speak to the buyers direct to nego. Haizzzz...

unfortunately I hv to put on hold all the plans coz d agent tat was selling my hse suddenly say both my buyers who had put in firm offers earlier pulled out. Tis hapens aft I ask him to allow me to speak to the buyers direct to nego. Haizzzz...
    Dun take anybody's word for it. Ask for that 1% cheque... but make sure it clears too.

Talk is free. Talk Cock is laggi better.

since you engage e agent, you should let them or push them to do the necessaries. be it neg, utilise their service. Push them work harder for their comm...Also your agent may pull a fast for that..i don think the buyer back up if they are serious buyer...

If you have signed exclusive, then let them(agent) bring in new viewers...is matter of time..

If you are unable to tie in/bridge in the new hse..a better unit later part..if it is your, it is yours.

as for me, when i put in an offer, i push the agent(represent buyer) to neg. depending the conunter offer, i will adjust..if the seller/agent too hard core..i usually back up...move on to llok for next unit..

I tink d agent trying to pull a fast one cos only yesterday tat particular buyer put in a better offer then today wen I ask d agent to let me talk n nego wif the buyer, the agent inform the buyer pull out.

Now d agent suggests to accept the other offer which is lower abt 5k and he will cut his commision to 1%.

Rili all tis stories are making me n wife tired.we duno who to trust anymore

Quote Originally Posted by zzz1
    since you engage e agent, you should let them or push them to do the necessaries. be it neg, utilise their service. Push them work harder for their comm...Also your agent may pull a fast for that..i don think the buyer back up if they are serious buyer...

If you have signed exclusive, then let them(agent) bring in new viewers...is matter of time..

If you are unable to tie in/bridge in the new hse..a better unit later part..if it is your, it is yours.

as for me, when i put in an offer, i push the agent(represent buyer) to neg. depending the conunter offer, i will adjust..if the seller/agent too hard core..i usually back up...move on to llok for next unit..

the unit is in good condition, renovated. Guess there is no noon sun though it's not facing pool. I hv been looking for the cheapest unit ard but most of the time such units r either tenanted or in bad condition tat I need to do a major renovation.

I rili appreciate ur opinions as I'm a newbie in pte property.
    Hv u consider units wich r bad condition n thn u do major renovation? Reason I ask is there is a unit in lilydale,condition average.I belief can close ard 690 or 700k.jus wonder if it's worth to get such a unit n then put in 20-30k Renovation? Once again thks for ur opinion
    I had viewed few unit there also...most of the unit are generally well kept. i like the wooden sliding doors leading to the kitchen...believed that developer had done a good job also...

there will be many unit for you to choice...alot units had put for sale

I tink d agent trying to pull a fast one cos only yesterday tat particular buyer put in a better offer then today wen I ask d agent to let me talk n nego wif the buyer, the agent inform the buyer pull out.

Now d agent suggests to accept the other offer which is lower abt 5k and he will cut his commision to 1%.

look like he just want to close a deal to realise the comm..How you u had marketing your unit?

I had viewed few unit there also...most of the unit are generally well kept. i like the wooden sliding doors leading to the kitchen...believed that developer had done a good job also...

there will be many unit for you to choice...alot units had put for sale

Wat is ur general sentiment of the place? U buying it for homestay or investment?I hv viewed more than 5 units there n so far only one impressed us n we r abt to make an offer for it til a cock up happen.
    Now we wnt knw if we wil ever find another one lik tat shld we miss it

in any case, do u tink the units r worth to buy now based solely on pricing alone?I'm asking cuz if compared to northoaks / woodsvale, lilydale pricing is slightly higher..

if you're not looking at new launches, really, second hand freehold better. Price not much difference.

look like he just want to close a deal to realise the comm..How you u had marketing your unit?

Jus coming 3 weeks. It's our first time selling n buying. I must say it's a scary process with alot of time bombs n traps. It's not So straightforward as wat I expected it to be

Quote Originally Posted by Komo
    if you're not looking at new launches, really, second hand freehold better. Price not much difference.

Rili? I tot freeholds in the north like seletaris etc are much more expensive?
    Can get a 3 bedder for 750k plus minus?

In wat way are the freehold beta than leasehold?

Seletaris still offer good value. looks like transaction is heating up!

Address
    Tenure
    PSF
    Area Sqft
    Price
    Contract Date
    505 Sembawang Road #04-40
    Freehold
    $661
    $890k
    24 Sep 10
    505 Sembawang Road #04-38
    Freehold
    $624
    $820k
    09 Sep 10
    507 Sembawang Road #01-51
    Freehold
    $588
    $905k
    09 Sep 10
    511 Sembawang Road #04-76
    Freehold
    $639
    $908k
    13 Aug 10
    501 Sembawang Road #01-15
    Freehold
    $614
    $985k
    12 Aug 10
    509 Sembawang Road #03-60
    Freehold
    $645
    $1070k
    10 Aug 10
    505 Sembawang Road #03-36
    Freehold
    $597
    $810k
    28 Jul 10
    501 Sembawang Road #04-09
    Freehold
    $663
    $1085k
    21 Jul 10
    505 Sembawang Road #03-44
    Freehold
    $622
    $750k
    28 Jun 10

Wat is ur general sentiment of the place? U buying it for homestay or investment?I hv viewed more than 5 units there n so far only one impressed us n we r abt to make an offer for it til a cock up happen.
    Now we wnt knw if we wil ever find another one lik tat shld we miss it

in any case, do u tink the units r worth to buy now based solely on pricing alone?I'm asking cuz if compared to northoaks / woodsvale, lilydale pricing is slightly higher..
    i had viewed few unit, was considering tenancy out and seat on capital appreciation before the new launch. However, did not materialise the plan.

Most of the units are well kept, higher floor can catch some seaview and the air hub is near the coner..If you are looking for home stay..it should be fine...
    Last edited by zzz1; 18-10-10 at 23:09.

505 Sembawang Road #04-40 was previouslly done in Feb 10 below 600psf. that unit is facing the disposal/substation side. ...

Last heard agent told me that development checking if feasible to do a hot spring...any updates..?

505 Sembawang Road #04-40 was previouslly done in Feb 10 below 600psf. that unit is facing the disposal/substation side. ...

Last heard agent told me that development checking if feasible to do a hot spring...any updates..?
    CORRECTION:

It was done at slightly above 600 psf and not below ....memory is getting rusty ...

For HDB, only can take 1K cash and not 1%. So unless an OTP is signed, there is nothing you can do if buyer decides not to exercise the TOP. All you have is the 1K to be shared with the agent 50/50.

Selling HDB is quite troublesome.

Quote Originally Posted by cashrich
    Dun take anybody's word for it. Ask for that 1% cheque... but make sure it clears too.

Talk is free. Talk Cock is laggi better.

For HDB, only can take 1K cash and not 1%. So unless an OTP is signed, there is nothing you can do if buyer decides not to exercise the TOP. All you have is the 1K to be shared with the agent 50/50.

Selling HDB is quite troublesome.
    den dun sell lah

This is how I did my sale and everyone is happy over it. No complaints, no ifs, no buts and no I think.

I sign an exclusive with the agent for a 2% com. I ask the agent to sell at a price way above the market price X. He wanted to earn my com so he agrees.

But actually my target price is 50K below my price given to the agent which is price Y.

The agent work demn hard cos of the 2% com. He packed all viewings at one go for 3 weekends to create buyer's interest and sms all viewers if an genuine offer came by. Every week, I sms him for update and sometimes after a weeknites ad hoc viewings (2nd viewings), I invite him to drink coffee.

After 3 weeks, he came back with an offer which is 30k below the X price.

I accepted the offer immediately because is 20K above my Y price. And I told him, because you cannot sell at X price, your commission has to be cut to compensate my lost of 30K. The agent LL and agreed with me. I put him into a situation that either he takes it or he dont have any commission at all.

I actually want to cut more but my hubby say let him earn a living. Now my agent gave me all his tips into buying and selling cos it was a fast deal. I learn a handful from him.

Now the agent suggests to accept the other offer which is lower abt 5k and he will cut his commision to 1%.

i encountered same case before - but i was the buyer. The reality is likely to be someone offered a high price for your flat, but the agent gets 1.5% comm. The other guy offered lower, BUT had a condition that he needed to sell his house first (there are already ready buyers - and guess who's the agent for that?)

Go with the first, get 1.5% comm. Go with second, get 1% + 1.5% comm. Nuff said...

Quote Originally Posted by mantrix
    i encountered same case before - but i was the buyer. The reality is likely to be someone offered a high price for your flat, but the agent gets 1.5% comm. The other guy offered lower, BUT had a condition that he needed to sell his house first (there are already ready buyers - and guess who's the agent for that?)

Go with the first, get 1.5% comm. Go with second, get 1% + 1.5% comm. Nuff said...

All tis is mkg me tink twice abt selling..duno who to trust

In my cAse duno if I can try tis.. But it's worth a shot...

This is how I did my sale and everyone is happy over it. No complaints, no ifs, no buts and no I think.

I sign an exclusive with the agent for a 2% com. I ask the agent to sell at a price way above the market price X. He wanted to earn my com so he agrees.

But actually my target price is 50K below my price given to the agent which is price Y.

The agent work demn hard cos of the 2% com. He packed all viewings at one go for 3 weekends to create buyer's interest and sms all viewers if an genuine offer came by. Every week, I sms him for update and sometimes after a weeknites ad hoc viewings (2nd viewings), I invite him to drink coffee.

After 3 weeks, he came back with an offer which is 30k below the X price.

I accepted the offer immediately because is 20K above my Y price. And I told him, because you cannot sell at X price, your commission has to be cut to compensate my lost of 30K. The agent LL and agreed with me. I put him into a situation that either he takes it or he dont have any commission at all.

I actually want to cut more but my hubby say let him earn a living. Now my agent gave me all his tips into buying and selling cos it was a fast deal. I learn a handful from him.

ur hubby is more humane....

I guess its in our DNA to ask for the cheapest. haha. Man are different. At one point I told him we might not want to sell if he cannot get the X price due to the 30 Aug ruling. He's more nervous than us.

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    ur hubby is more humane....

I guess its in our DNA to ask for the cheapest. haha. Man are different. At one point I told him we might not want to sell if he cannot get the X price due to the 30 Aug ruling. He's more nervous than us.

I rili shld have read abt ur method of dealings wif agents before we started selling. It's a great strategy I must say. Well, it's abit late now..Haizzzz

Rili? I tot freeholds in the north like seletaris etc are much more expensive?
    Can get a 3 bedder for 750k plus minus?

In wat way are the freehold beta than leasehold?
    There are 3 in the area - Northwood (140 units), Sensoria (70) and Seletaris (600+?)

Northwood is the newest (TOP last year), followed by Sensoria (3 years) and Seletaris (around 10 I think)

Prices for Seletaris is cheapest, though it's really old and in the flight path of the helicopters. Also beside 2 busy roads with nary a coffeeshop nearby...not my top choice obviously. I won't buy just cause it's cheap.

Since you are not decided on anything might as well visit more condos to open up your options. Both Northwood and Seletaris asking around 750 to 8xx psf so worth a look - within your price range I guess.

Freeholds never expire generally but leaseholds, after 15 years, will depreciate since they have a limited lease. So in future, assuming you've stayed for 10 years at the LH condo, it will be close to 20 years old. Unless it has a good location or some thomson line mrt pops up beside it, chances are prices will appreciate (if any after 10 years) slower than a FH.

i am amazed tat northwood r transacting at around 800psf!

60 Jalan Mata Ayer #03-06
    Freehold
    $772
    $1030k
    08 Sep 10
    60 Jalan Mata Ayer #03-08
    Freehold
    $802
    $1070k
    16 Aug 10
    66 Jalan Mata Ayer #03-17
    Freehold