Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Woodgrove condo, lilydale or woodsvale

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rattydrama
    lilydale is quite far from mrt if not wrong. Woodgrove is 1km smack in between marsiling and woodlands mrt. Just walk over and cross the small road, you can shop at NTUC, very convenient.

since all are 99 years leasehold and built during the same period, I will go for the cheapest condo. Although ECs are cheaper, there are so many units on sale and carpark is not linked to the condo - need to walk a distance..

woodgrove condo not many on sale, you need to wait and provided you can wait.
    yes u r right. Lilydale is quite far fr mrt. Have viewed a lot of units there n we like one unit. However asking price is close to 800k.we can't rili decide now n maybe will not upgrade at all. Didn't know house hunting is so tiring n leceh

User Info Menu

Hi zzz1 thanks for ur input. Parents stay in Wlands. Our thoughts are we dnt mind travelling frm yishun to Wlands as we rili find woodsvale n northoaks very crowded. Tats y we prefer lilydale.. Hvg said tat we r exploring all other options n if rili dnt have then we wnt upgrade at all n stay put in our current place

Junior

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sgysfj
    yes u r right. Lilydale is quite far fr mrt. Have viewed a lot of units there n we like one unit. However asking price is close to 800k.we can't rili decide now n maybe will not upgrade at all. Didn't know house hunting is so tiring n leceh
    my experience is you need to do ground works before jumping. eg. check the last caveat price, check the facing, check the layout of the project, know which stack is the best stack in this project, understand the likely profile of the people staying there, check if near good school, know the prices of the various nearby projects... the list goes on.

The reason is you will regret less as you know this is really your choice unit.

my view is project nearer to mrt, be it sold at premium price will command better resale value no matter what yardstick you use.

cheers and good luck.

User Info Menu

my experience is you need to do ground works before jumping. eg. check the last caveat price, check the facing, check the layout of the project, know which stack is the best stack in this project, understand the likely profile of the people staying there, check if near good school, know the prices of the various nearby projects... the list goes on.

The reason is you will regret less as you know this is really your choice unit.

my view is project nearer to mrt, be it sold at premium price will command better resale value no matter what yardstick you use.

cheers and good luck.
    I agree wif u abt d nearer to mrt the better resale value.
    However we really dnt prefer the landscaping n crowd of woodsvale.
    The serenity n quietness of lilydale rili capture our heart.
    Btw can share how to check wich is d best stack n oso d profile of the ppl staying at the project.

On a side note, wld u share if tis is a gd time to actuali upgrade or isit beta to wait for prices to soften.we r actuali in no hurry to upgrade.
    R u upgrading as well or u investing?

Junior

User Info Menu

woodsvale is not my choice after few rounds of viewing. I think I will not go for ECs for reasons mentioned earlier. And woodsvale is not near MRT. If not because of 30 Aug ruling, I will go for resale HDB near to MRT.

I chance upon sun plaza apartment - old project but it is very convenient. 3 bedder is going around 8xxk as well.

You can ask the agent or site from the website, sometimes there are layout plan. You can also google to see the distance from MRT and distance from schools.

Near good primary school within 1km will have added advantage.

Emeritus Senior

User Info Menu

woodsvale is not my choice after few rounds of viewing. I think I will not go for ECs for reasons mentioned earlier. And woodsvale is not near MRT. If not because of 30 Aug ruling, I will go for resale HDB near to MRT.

I chance upon sun plaza apartment - old project but it is very convenient. 3 bedder is going around 8xxk as well.

You can ask the agent or site from the website, sometimes there are layout plan. You can also google to see the distance from MRT and distance from schools.

For sunplaza are you aware of the noise made by the MRT? Had thought of there but my friends who stayed there advised me not to - though I agree it is super-convenient if you get the highest unit facing away from MRT.

Woodsvale is also not my choice but if you go to Northoaks, they have good management and nice layout. Slightly crowded on weekends but the tenant crowd is a good mix with a sizeable number of caucasians. Takes around 10 minutes (i think) to walk to MRT though.

Too late for Lilydale - you should have gone to buy BEFORE Canopy was announced...they have recently upped their asking prices as Canopy will, for sure, push up the psf.

I think your budget not for the freehold condos - there is still Yishun sapphire and emerald i can think of, else you can go south a little bit more and look at Seasons Park, Castle Green, etc etc

User Info Menu

we r actuali quite weary of the viewing house process.
    We kinda like lilydale.agree wif ur concerns abt EC quality but we find
    lilydale is much beta built in terms of layout n finishings.
    Having said tat, we have not seen many other projects tat r mentioned here
    such as seletaris etc...

As we r in no hurry to upgrade, perhaps we would hold. Would love to hear frm u about ur house hunting. Btw I have heard of sun plaza apartments as I currently stay in sembawang.those tat r sold r mostly 4 bdrm or bigger. Way out my budget..

Our priority i guess is first the 'feel' of the project rather than it's proximity to ammenities or mrt.tats y we like lilydale although woodsvale would be a more logical choice given my parents r staying in woodlands.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by mantrix
    For sunplaza are you aware of the noise made by the MRT? Had thought of there but my friends who stayed there advised me not to - though I agree it is super-convenient if you get the highest unit facing away from MRT.

Woodsvale is also not my choice but if you go to Northoaks, they have good management and nice layout. Slightly crowded on weekends but the tenant crowd is a good mix with a sizeable number of caucasians. Takes around 10 minutes (i think) to walk to MRT though.

Too late for Lilydale - you should have gone to buy BEFORE Canopy was announced...they have recently upped their asking prices as Canopy will, for sure, push up the psf.

I think your budget not for the freehold condos - there is still Yishun sapphire and emerald i can think of, else you can go south a little bit more and look at
    Seasons Park, Castle Green, etc etc
    hi mantrix, besides season park castle green, any othe projects tat r worth considering in the yio chu kang area? Someting like 750k for a 3 bedder?
    Thks

Junior

User Info Menu

I view a few units before, mrt noise is not as bad as main road from buses, trucks and motorbikes.

If mrt noise is a concern, perhaps unit not facing mrt track can be considered such as those pool unit.

If you have tbe budget and dont mind 2 bedder and like the tranquility and secluded environment as mentioned in your post , go for sensoria freehold. Its very new, still convenient, amongst all the private enclave, near to SSC and if not wrong 2-3 bus stop away from sembawang mrt station. the minus point is this project is less than 100 units.

Junior

User Info Menu

I have completed my house hunt at the moment. I am shifting to CCK soon. But I will be back to Woodlands when time is right cos there are much potential for Woodlands.

Feeling can be changed over time depending on which stage of life cycle you are in. I try to be practical cos is not small money we talking about.

But of course, most important is both must agree and accept the decision made.

Quote Originally Posted by Sgysfj
    we r actuali quite weary of the viewing house process.
    We kinda like lilydale.agree wif ur concerns abt EC quality but we find
    lilydale is much beta built in terms of layout n finishings.
    Having said tat, we have not seen many other projects tat r mentioned here
    such as seletaris etc...

As we r in no hurry to upgrade, perhaps we would hold. Would love to hear frm u about ur house hunting. Btw I have heard of sun plaza apartments as I currently stay in sembawang.those tat r sold r mostly 4 bdrm or bigger. Way out my budget..

Our priority i guess is first the 'feel' of the project rather than it's proximity to ammenities or mrt.tats y we like lilydale although woodsvale would be a more logical choice given my parents r staying in woodlands.