Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Woodgrove condo, lilydale or woodsvale

Quote Originally Posted by Komo
    Have you checked out yishun sapphire and emerald? Very well maintained. They have a strong management team. Could be possible for thomson line to come near here.
    I've suggested that before...but highly unlikely they will be next to TL given they are already beside the NS line. Though possibility is there that an extra station to be opened between Yishun and Sembawang.

Remember, MRT lines tend to run next to a 2x3 road...

Have you checked out yishun sapphire and emerald? Very well maintained. They have a strong management team. Could be possible for thomson line to come near here.
    I heard these 2 projects alot of ah nei from agent. Opp industrial estate, location waste not so ideal.

Quote Originally Posted by rattydrama
    I heard these 2 projects alot of ah nei from agent. Opp industrial estate, location waste not so ideal.
    ah nei population getting bigger leh....next time duno which other condos will become their new enclave

Yes we have check both. Somehow quite similar feel to woodsvale.
    Nevertheless we keeping options open..

Quote Originally Posted by mantrix
    FYI Forest Hill is low-rise too - not more than 5 storeys...

As Ratty said, chances of Euphony / Northwood (Forest hil as well) being side by side a TL MRT is possible - then it will be a well predicted jackpot

Definitely will check out forest hill since it's so recommended..
    Low rise seems to have a more laid back feel rather than high rise

forest hill like out of sight out of mind. next time can sell or not?

Quote Originally Posted by Sgysfj
    Definitely will check out forest hill since it's so recommended..
    Low rise seems to have a more laid back feel rather than high rise

forest hill like out of sight out of mind. next time can sell or not?
    It depends on whether one wants to speculate or stay for longer term (by then thomson line would have radically changed the pricing of surrounding properties)

Most would argue almost all properties in far north are 'out of sight, out of mind' - this used to be a common statement some time back for the West...how times have changed...

But I think it has to be freehold to play it safe. 850K LH not too attractive for now. Not familar with this area. Are there any FH projects nearby?

It depends on whether one wants to speculate or stay for longer term (by then thomson line would have radically changed the pricing of surrounding properties)

Most would argue almost all properties in far north are 'out of sight, out of mind' - this used to be a common statement some time back for the West...how times have changed...

But I think it has to be freehold to play it safe. 850K LH not too attractive for now. Not familar with this area. Are there any FH projects nearby?
    That's obviously overpriced (common occurence in propertyguru). 600psf is reasonable though. Nearest is Northwood (along same stretch) or Meadows at Pierce. Calrose is not too far from Meadows but in middle of HDBs facing some private housing across the road.

When Thomson line announced in 2013 (I think?) Forest Hills will still be less than 10 years old - look at Orchid Park condo, 16 grand years and still going strong...

It will be good to look at FH if there are FH and LH projects around the same vicinity. For Orchid Park – the price was depressed for a long time. It is only recently that the price has been revived by MCL land project next door.

But going forward, I don’t think there is any advantage of holding on to Orchid Park since there will be more and more new projects coming up in Yishun and North Area. Orchid Park Condo is aging – need more money for repair and maintenance and more difficult to sell with decent profits because of 3 yr SSD etc….

Old HDB still can buy cos still under government but not for private old condo – exposure is high.

If Thomson Line is up, likely that new developments along the Thomson Line areas will have an edge, those further away from MRT in ulu parts of north will soon be forgotten.

That's obviously overpriced (common occurence in propertyguru). 600psf is reasonable though. Nearest is Northwood (along same stretch) or Meadows at Pierce. Calrose is not too far from Meadows but in middle of HDBs facing some private housing across the road.

When Thomson line announced in 2013 (I think?) Forest Hills will still be less than 10 years old - look at Orchid Park condo, 16 grand years and still going strong...

It will be good to look at FH if there are FH and LH projects around the same vicinity. For Orchid Park – the price was depressed for a long time. It is only recently that the price has been revived by MCL land project next door.

But going forward, I don’t think there is any advantage of holding on to Orchid Park since there will be more and more new projects coming up in Yishun and North Area. Orchid Park Condo is aging – need more money for repair and maintenance and more difficult to sell with decent profits because of 3 yr SSD etc….

Old HDB still can buy cos still under government but not for private old condo – exposure is high.

If Thomson Line is up, likely that new developments along the Thomson Line areas will have an edge, those further away from MRT in ulu parts of north will soon be forgotten.
    Yup completely agree with you...it's important to buy near the thomson line...hence this is a golden time to invest (or speculate if you will) since thomson line stations not announced yet, unlike the other lines...even if guess is wrong no worries cos prices are depressed relatively anyways...

Even when the Thomson line stations are announced,it will be a long time before it's built. 2018 ? And for the time leading to that u will see big constructions and road diversions. During such long period, many pty or economic cycles may have already occurred. Personally I find it pointless speculating ard any future mrt line stations. Look at circle line. All those pty along that line did not go up until last year, when everywhere else also went up.

Quote Originally Posted by amk
    Even when the Thomson line stations are announced,it will be a long time before it's built. 2018 ? And for the time leading to that u will see big constructions and road diversions. During such long period, many pty or economic cycles may have already occurred. Personally I find it pointless speculating ard any future mrt line stations. Look at circle line. All those pty along that line did not go up until last year, when everywhere else also went up.
    Well it's gonna start a trend - people didn't look at new mrt stations but now they do...

I guess we are referring to upside potential. The cash outlay for buying north ppty is lesser as compared to other areas. Yep the time frame is long but these days pple invest and buy base on potential. When all are fully built and decided, there is no more incentive to buy as the prices then would have factor in those new amenities. So during that time, it may make sense to sell if buying for investment purpose.

These days city area ppty is high and ordinary folks find it hard to swallow.

Quote Originally Posted by amk

Well it's gonna start a trend - people didn't look at new mrt stations but now they do...
    Look at ppty guru, what are the 2 main search criteria?

Nearest MRT
    Nearest Schools

For a long time, this will be the case.

There are so many apartments these days and this will make ppty search more difficult.

We passed up a chance to view a 3 bedded last weekend at forest hill. Din know much abt the project then.. Most prob it is above budget of 750k.. However read in property guru tat the facilities are not as many as other condos... I mayb wrong though

We passed up a chance to view a 3 bedded last weekend at forest hill. Din know much abt the project then.. Most prob it is above budget of 750k.. However read in property guru tat the facilities are not as many as other condos... I mayb wrong though
    I've had a look inside - full fledged condo facilities...even with full size tennis court, steam room and nice lap pool. The gym has a great view of the pool being right beside it. Very laid back and tranquil and even nicer at night. Went to look at the PH which had an excellent view but owner was not that willing to let go at my price so pity...good tenant mix and I saw some caucasians lounging by the pool with one in the gym.

The place is on uneven ground and coupled with its balinese theme and recent paint, it's quite nice really.

Interesting trivia - back in 2006, the psf here was already going for around 500psf while that of northoaks / woodsvale was 300+. Since then, nothing much has changed for all these condos yet their asking now is the same. Suspect this could be because FH owners were not that eager to sell or to upgrade since their families are mainly mature...

I've had a look inside - full fledged condo facilities...even with full size tennis court, steam room and nice lap pool. The gym has a great view of the pool being right beside it. Very laid back and tranquil and even nicer at night. Went to look at the PH which had an excellent view but owner was not that willing to let go at my price so pity...good tenant mix and I saw some caucasians lounging by the pool with one in the gym.

The place is on uneven ground and coupled with its balinese theme and recent paint, it's quite nice really.

Interesting trivia - back in 2006, the psf here was already going for around 500psf while that of northoaks / woodsvale was 300+. Since then, nothing much has changed for all these condos yet their asking now is the same. Suspect this could be because FH owners were not that eager to sell or to upgrade since their families are mainly mature...

Will try to arrange to view once again since it's so highly recommended

today classified there is an adv on woodgrove cond. You probably can check it out and let us know the asking price. wanna know if people are buy this project cos of the land next door.

Will try to arrange to view once again since it's so highly recommended
    Dun set your expectations too high though

today classified there is an adv on woodgrove cond. You probably can check it out and let us know the asking price. wanna know if people are buy this project cos of the land next door.

We wld probably start luking at units again once there is further developments wif the sale of our flat..now view oni make us salivate.. Hahahhahahahaahahahahahah

this is true for selling.

tot for house hunting should set high expectations to get the right unit.

Having seen the setting of euphony, tink it's safe to say we wld probably like forest hills as well...however the unit may not fit our budget

Having seen the setting of euphony, tink it's safe to say we wld probably like forest hills as well...however the unit may not fit our budget
    just take note that 6XX psf is the current pricing for north areas and paris ris areas. If you set lower than that, then I think it will be difficult to get any CHOICE unit liao.

lily maybe but it will be for a long time to break even so be prepared. so sometimes I just feel that paying 50k more for that choice location is still worthwhile.

We wld probably start luking at units again once there is further developments wif the sale of our flat..now view oni make us salivate.. Hahahhahahahaahahahahahah
    ya until no salivate, you will be able to think straight.... just go...

just take note that 6XX psf is the current pricing for north areas and paris ris areas. If you set lower than that, then I think it will be difficult to get any CHOICE unit liao.

lily maybe but it will be for a long time to break even so be prepared. so sometimes I just feel that paying 50k more for that choice location is still worthwhile.

So in ur view, euphony, forest hills n seletaris r choice locations?
    Lily, woodsvale etc are not? Even for home stay?

The unit tat we like at lily was gg at ard 560psf... All the while I for lily commands a higher price thn woodsvale n northoaks..
    Btw choice UNITs means my choice unit? Or means choice unit in investment point of view? Tis I'm not clear..

So in ur view, euphony, forest hills n seletaris r choice locations?
    Lily, woodsvale etc are not? Even for home stay?
    I know some forumers here will say do not mix investment ppty and own stay ppty, go with your heart and not yr brain, buy at first sight if you like it so much etcc......

That could hold if we are talking about cheaper ppty say 5 yrs ago. The financial commitment is not high and u can get a 500-600k ppty with decent size during that time. Salary has not really adjusted these much if you read from newspaper report few weeks or even few months back.

Right now, the ppty price is at all time high. do you want to risk your beloved ppty and see them in negative equity in the next 10 yrs or maybe for the rest of your life?

You have the choice.

I would say if can afford anything near MRT with lots of amenities is quite safe or with the potential to be near future mrt or major developments.

Nah there's always a fair bit of markup for them to see if they can get a lucky break...

Check streetsine for recent caveats, all below 600psf

I know some forumers here will say do not mix investment ppty and own stay ppty, go with your heart and not yr brain, buy at first sight if you like it so much etcc......

That could hold if we are talking about cheaper ppty say 5 yrs ago. The financial commitment is not high and u can get a 500-600k ppty with decent size during that time. Salary has not really adjusted these much if you read from newspaper report few weeks or even few months back.

Right now, the ppty price is at all time high. do you want to risk your beloved ppty and see them in negative equity in the next 10 yrs or maybe for the rest of your life?

You have the choice.

I would say if can afford anything near MRT with lots of amenities is quite safe
    or with the potential to be near future mrt or major developments.
    I was tinking b4,nw property r at all time high..will it be better to wait till it comes down b4 selling n buying? I'm looking at the range u mentioned.. 500-600k region..wat r ur tots? I knw if I buy low I will oso sell low but most prob I wnt get into the negative equity problem...

But there are some who told me tat for home stay no time is a good time..jus buy