Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: Woodgrove condo, lilydale or woodsvale

In terms of facade, Nuovo is one of the few ECs that I like too...

Quote Originally Posted by rattydrama
    that is not an interesting news - have to spent 80k for retrofitting works. Maybe I am fated that both owners did not accept my offer but then again, the 2nd unit i viewed is well kept.

The condition of the first unit need to retrofit with at least 30k but it was on high ground so I offer lower yet an Ah Nei counter offer. Just my luck.

ok shall look out for your PMs.

Nuovo, near good primary school. Haven view it but location is not bad. Hopefully the feel is better than the 2 woodlands ECs.

Ratty, pls refer to the lilydale thread.there r some suggestions tat it's not a good idea to upgrade by selling hdb.. Considerations like children, retirement needs in future were mentioned.

Understand u sold ur hdb to upgrade so therefore ur case is rather similar to mine.. Care to share ur views?

my case could be different. My current HDB is too big for me and my intention is to downgrade to a smaller HDB. However, my plan did not materialized due to 30 Aug ruling.

Hence I have to upgrade to a private.

I thought of not selling my HDB but cos I could take profits and the price is attractive to me so I let go. I reckon that I may not be able to fetch at the current price due to the increase in HDB supplies and the restriction of 5 MOP where buyers may turn to private apartment. Most of the PRs are interested in my unit but not locals due to size.

There are other personal reasons which I can PM you.

Also my view is with the cash I have, I could invest in other property with better upside potentials then to seat on this aging property.

In general if you are thinking of lily, it may be wise to keep your current property for rental income and accumulate cash for future purchase. It may be wise to invest in private and make some money before you move to private property. I dont feel that staying in a private apartment will make you more superior than the rest of the people. You need to pay for it.

And if you want to upgrade, make sure yr next ppty has better upside potential than your current. Otherwise, buy ONE BMWs TO PAMPER YOURSELF instead of paying interest to housing loan.

Life is short, enjoy....

Lastly, must know how to do debt management, I am still learning.

Quote Originally Posted by Sgysfj
    Ratty, pls refer to the lilydale thread.there r some suggestions tat it's not a good idea to upgrade by selling hdb.. Considerations like children, retirement needs in future were mentioned.

Understand u sold ur hdb to upgrade so therefore ur case is rather similar to mine.. Care to share ur views?

Haizzz this is jus mkg me feel more uncertain...
    Never tot of upgrading as being superior..jus a natural progression for us..
    At tis point we can't upgrade wifout selling.
    Perhaps it's rili not a good idea to upgrade afterall.

Pls pm me ur other concerns... Thks

my case could be different. My current HDB is too big for me and my intention is to downgrade to a smaller HDB. However, my plan did not materialized due to 30 Aug ruling.

I thought of not selling my HDB but cos I could take profits and the price is attractive to me so I let go. I reckon that I may not be able to fetch at the current price due to the increase in HDB supplies and the restriction of 5 MOP where buyers may turn to private apartment. Most of the PRs are interested in my unit but not locals due to size.

Also my view is with the cash I have, I could invest in other property with better upside potentials then to seat on this aging property.

In general if you are thinking of lily, it may be wise to keep your current property for rental income and accumulate cash for future purchase. It may be wise to invest in private and make some money before you move to private property. I dont feel that staying in a private apartment will make you more superior than the rest of the people. You need to pay for it.

And if you want to upgrade, make sure yr next ppty has better upside potential than your current. Otherwise, buy ONE BMWs TO PAMPER YOURSELF instead of paying interest to housing loan.

Life is short, enjoy....

True, rattydrama..."I dont feel that staying in a private apartment will make you more superior than the rest of the people. You need to pay for it."

A pity that not many realise this and plunge deep in...

Life is short, enjoy....

Quote Originally Posted by gohsoonk
    True, rattydrama..."I dont feel that staying in a private apartment will make you more superior than the rest of the people. You need to pay for it."

A pity that not many realise this and plunge deep in...

Hi i agree tat staying in pte apartments don't mean more superior than others.however, if it's purely for homestay and as a natural progression as we advance tru our careers, does it stil have to mean we r trying to be superior.

Agreed there is a price to pay for it but if it's a property, wnt it be a beta move than say buying a high end car?

Anyways I'm not trying to argue, I agree wif ur views n appreciate it.
    I'm jus trying to get as many views as possible frm different angles.

reminds me of viva vista case....

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    reminds me of viva vista case....
    wow your memory very good but I think he is more open to suggestions than the viva vista lady......he is learning....give him more time....changing beliefs and perception cannot be overnight...

wow your memory very good but I think he is more open to suggestions than the viva vista lady......he is learning....give him more time....changing beliefs and perception cannot be overnight...
    just realised viva vista MMs around 1500psf on average

I remembered someone told me he wont buy BMWs at all and said people paying for it are stupid. However, the wife bou it from investment $ and since than planning to upgrade to better series (but was disallowed) haha

Hi i agree tat staying in pte apartments don't mean more superior than others.however, if it's purely for homestay and as a natural progression as we advance tru our careers, does it stil have to mean we r trying to be superior.

Agreed there is a price to pay for it but if it's a property, wnt it be a beta move than say buying a high end car?

Anyways I'm not trying to argue, I agree wif ur views n appreciate it.
    I'm jus trying to get as many views as possible frm different angles.

just realised viva vista MMs around 1500psf on average
    was eyeing but gave up due to layout and 1500psf. has the price changed?

was eyeing but gave up due to layout and 1500psf. has the price changed?
    residential i tink sold out liao rite? subsale 1700psf liao...lol

too small IMO....min 450-500sqft in size(provided gd efficient layout) den i tink is livable and rentable

3xxsqft only can rent out to singles....dun tink couple will rent

subsale 1700psf - got takers??
    residential i tink sold out liao rite? subsale 1700psf liao...lol

too small IMO....min 450-500sqft in size(provided gd efficient layout) den i tink is livable and rentable

3xxsqft only can rent out to singles....dun tink couple will rent

Can share abt the viva vista?anyways I'm open to all views n I wan to learn. Dnt wan to make the wrong move n regret later.

At tis pt we can stil make decision to sell or hold d hdb..
    Once sold have no choice Liao...

you are read the details at viva vista thread in D5 section.

Can share abt the viva vista?anyways I'm open to all views n I wan to learn. Dnt wan to make the wrong move n regret later.

At tis pt we can stil make decision to sell or hold d hdb..
    Once sold have no choice Liao...

you are read the details at viva vista thread in D5 section.

Got it.. Thanks.

Update - the lilydale unit we r eyeing has been sold..
    Now we r rili stuck..duno if we shld proceed on wif the sale or we shld jus stand down..

its ok.. continue with your property hunt. Anyone offered?

Now we r rili stuck..duno if we shld proceed on wif the sale or we shld jus stand down..

Keep going - the sale will happen unexpectedly

For d new agent not yet... Sort of disappointed tat lilydale unit gone Liao
    even if got offer duno if wana accept as there is no unit we lik

For d new agent not yet... Sort of disappointed tat lilydale unit gone Liao
    even if got offer duno if wana accept as there is no unit we lik
    Dun lose hope, keep hunting, things will fall in place

Hi Sgysfj, is there any particular reason you like that area? There are many other nice ones that you can consider if upgrading is your main objective.

Quote Originally Posted by acewee
    Hi Sgysfj, is there any particular reason you like that area? There are many other nice ones that you can consider if upgrading is your main objective.

Hi acewee, we compare lily to northoaks n woodsvale.
    We find tat lily is very peaceful n quiet.. It's not tt crowded as compared to d other 2 n it's also in the budget tat we have to upgrade.

Wich other nice ones u actuali have in mind? Can share wif me

Quote Originally Posted by mantrix
    Dun lose hope, keep hunting, things will fall in place
    thanks for ur encouragement. As mentioned we gave the new agent a one n half month time line to sell the flat. As it is we r in no hurry to sell but at the same time we r quite weary of the buying n selling process.

Therefore we decided to cap it to end of nov. If noting comes out of it then we will stay put.

I hv done a another valuation. The new agent insist tat the valuation will increase tis time. I'm quite skeptical.

Having said tat, can really feel d market is very quiet. Response so far is very slow.. Mayb we overpriced the flat.. But on the other hand, it maybe good tat there r no takers at tis price.

We may not realise our goal to upgrade afterall..at least we know we tried although the timing maybe wrong...

Hi acewee, we compare lily to northoaks n woodsvale.
    We find tat lily is very peaceful n quiet.. It's not tt crowded as compared to d other 2 n it's also in the budget tat we have to upgrade.

Wich other nice ones u actuali have in mind? Can share wif me
    have you had a look at Forest Hills? If it's peace and quiet that you want, that may just fit the bill. You would ideally want to look at some project less than 400 units and in a serene location. Other 2 I can think of would be Euphony Gardens and Northwood, but they could be out of your budget.

Else there's nothing I can think of in the region...you'll need to move towards Upper Thomson / AMK / Bishan area where prices are likely to be higher

Another one I can think of is Serenity Park / Nim Garden along Yio Chu Kang...but could be too far for your liking.

Quote Originally Posted by mantrix
    have you had a look at Forest Hills? If it's peace and quiet that you want, that may just fit the bill. You would ideally want to look at some project less than 400 units and in a serene location. Other 2 I can think of would be Euphony Gardens and Northwood, but they could be out of your budget.

Else there's nothing I can think of in the region...you'll need to move towards Upper Thomson / AMK / Bishan area where prices are likely to be higher

Another one I can think of is Serenity Park / Nim Garden along Yio Chu Kang...but could be too far for your liking.

Liked euphony but units there are r rare.. There r two on sale now but have to do major revamp wich i'm not keen.. Same for forest hills.. Units r very rare..

Mayb rili not meant to upgrade la.. Guess most likely will stay put

I have read wif interest tat some forumer here don't recommend to buy a suburban pte property now.. Prices are at a high..
    Therefore it's worth considering to hold on to my purchase/upgrade till property prices drop...

Tat said, will it be wrong to time the market?if I sell high now, I will be buyin pte at a high.. If I hold n sell ltr, I wld be selling low n buying low...

Any thoughts?

As advised by the sifus in this forum, buy according to your means. If the choice unit is not affordable to you, so be it and look elsewhere. If it is within your finanical means to buy it and you like it very much, just do it.

Dun try timing the market. Dun think there is ever a good time to buy and sell. When prices drop, you will hope that it will fall further and so you will wait longer and thus miss the opportunity.

For example, in May 2009, I was quoted by FEO around $1,170-1,180 psf for a couple of 2-bedder (between 840-893 sq ft). Found it to be expensive then (although I could afford it) and expected prices to drop further. Man I was wrong. Now it is selling at $1,600 psf and for bigger units somemore.

Missed the boat there. Time and price wait for no man, only when boat capsized then u are to find bargains. We are at high tide now, global warming will melt more ice and raise it higher. Need to sell hdb to upgrade? Dont sell lah, condo living not a must. U can try to rent lilydale for 2 years to try first and rent out your hdb. Anyway if lilydale shoots up, ur hdb will appreciate also