Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: Woodgrove condo, lilydale or woodsvale

Quote Originally Posted by kingkong1984
    Missed the boat there. Time and price wait for no man, only when boat capsized then u are to find bargains. We are at high tide now, global warming will melt more ice and raise it higher. Need to sell hdb to upgrade? Dont sell lah, condo living not a must. U can try to rent lilydale for 2 years to try first and rent out your hdb. Anyway if lilydale shoots up, ur hdb will appreciate also

Renting is not a bad idea.. But wat r the implications? Wen I rent out my unit, do I have to pay the utility, conservancy etc?n wat do I have to pay wen I rent a condo?

Btw I'm tinking tat renting out may lower the value of my flat as having been to my flat.. As I have been to several units wich r tenanted..I must admit usuali d condition is quite bad..

In terms of rental.. Can I cover the condo if using the rent I get?

Quote Originally Posted by wesing
    As advised by the sifus in this forum, buy according to your means. If the choice unit is not affordable to you, so be it and look elsewhere. If it is within your finanical means to buy it and you like it very much, just do it.

Dun try timing the market. Dun think there is ever a good time to buy and sell. When prices drop, you will hope that it will fall further and so you will wait longer and thus miss the opportunity.

For example, in May 2009, I was quoted by FEO around $1,170-1,180 psf for a couple of 2-bedder (between 840-893 sq ft). Found it to be expensive then (although I could afford it) and expected prices to drop further. Man I was wrong. Now it is selling at $1,600 psf and for bigger units somemore.

I'm not timing d market.. But reading wat some of the sifus say here, I gathered tat it's the peak now n if I buy now then it's like a time bomb wich cld explode.. Perhaps I shld wait til rings r clearer n settled

Having read tru all the advices n posts from other thread, I guess i will ONI upgrade if I managed to sell my flat the agreed price wich is abt 30k above the market value ard here..judging by the response so far.. I believe it's kinda of hard to achieve that price no matter how confident my agent is..

All the posts n advice rili make me tink twice abt upgrading n buying a condo.
    Seems tat the prices r rili at the peak now n it's not the time to buy n sell now..

Lightbulb

Sell hdb, then go shopping, cannot get 30k can try 20k rite? Your lilydale can offer less also, just try.

Quote Originally Posted by Sgysfj
    I'm not timing d market.. But reading wat some of the sifus say here, I gathered tat it's the peak now n if I buy now then it's like a time bomb wich cld explode.. Perhaps I shld wait til rings r clearer n settled
    those shifus mean buying for investment.

if buying for own stay, just need to consider 2 requisites:

1) You must really like that place!

2) It is within your means

Quote Originally Posted by kingkong1984
    Sell hdb, then go shopping, cannot get 30k can try 20k rite? Your lilydale can offer less also, just try.
    I have offers wich r abt 10k above the market last time.. However I rejected coz tot cld get at least 20k..

However hvg changed agent, we have no offers so far. Although the agent is confident of gettin d agreed price, we r quite skeptical as rili response has been very poor.

As much as we love lily, now we r considering other full condo rather thn ec..
    We have seen one 3 bedder in euphony, ard 690k can close.. However it's bad condition n needs a major revamp.. Duno if we spent 30k or 40k Reno can consider worth it...

We r quite weary of the shopping process as we dnt wan to look n shop wen our own unit is unsold..

Quote Originally Posted by mantrix
    those shifus mean buying for investment.

if buying for own stay, just need to consider 2 requisites:

1) You must really like that place!

2) It is within your means

Well if tats the case,we have seen only two units we rili like!
    One in lily wich is sold oredi, one in woodsvale wich we like but don't like the surroundings itself(noisy,crowded n no basement carpark to blocks)

now another ting to consider is the sale of my flat.
    I have considered selling it at abt 15k above market in tis area but as of now, market is very slow.. Response quite terrible.. So like i say, maybe it's rili not fated to upgrade... Haizzzzzz

Then wait for election, win again sure
    Go up?

On a side note, anyone has any idea how much do I need to spd on Reno to revamp a condo abt 1200sf?

I spend abt 30k on my five rm flat 5 years ago.. But that does not include tiles..

Isit worth it to buy a bad condition unit at a cheaper price n Reno ?
    Was tinking of buying a good condition unit n don't spd anyting on Reno at all..

On a side note, anyone has any idea how much do I need to spd on Reno to revamp a condo abt 1200sf?

I spend abt 30k on my five rm flat 5 years ago.. But that does not include tiles..

Was tinking of buying a good condition unit n don't spd anyting on Reno at all..
    My opinion is that unless its a new development, else I would buy a resale with location and layout I like regardless of interior condition because I can use the $ saved to reno to my liking. Very rarely will you find a resale with reno that is relatively good condition AND 100% to your liking.

Well if tats the case,we have seen only two units we rili like!
    One in lily wich is sold oredi, one in woodsvale wich we like but don't like the surroundings itself(noisy,crowded n no basement carpark to blocks)

now another ting to consider is the sale of my flat.
    I have considered selling it at abt 15k above market in tis area but as of now, market is very slow.. Response quite terrible.. So like i say, maybe it's rili not fated to upgrade... Haizzzzzz
    That's why I say, keep looking around, open your options. Make it a hobby - go condo viewing every weekend - also give the agents something to do else they'll be swatting flies.

If you see a unit you like, but price-wise it is slightly more than the condo's average, just go for it - because once it's sold it won't be yours. It's a lot like marriage.

That's why I say, keep looking around, open your options. Make it a hobby - go condo viewing every weekend - also give the agents something to do else they'll be swatting flies.
    I agree with mantrix about treating condo viewing as hobby if you are planning to upgrade. It was precisely with this approach that I bought a place mid last year. We wern't desperate to buy but ended up getting something at an extremely attractive pricing. You can say we stumbled upon it during our 'hobby'.

Property unlike stock is a long term game. There is always another good opportunity. Just stay in touch with market and be ready for it.

Quote Originally Posted by acewee
    I agree with mantrix about treating condo viewing as hobby if you are planning to upgrade. It was precisely with this approach that I bought a place mid last year. We wern't desperate to buy but ended up getting something at an extremely attractive pricing. You can say we stumbled upon it during our 'hobby'.

It's very weary n tiring to keep on looking n looking..
    But I tink I will discuss wif my wify abt making it our hobby.
    I guess she dnt wan to go tru the disappointment of losing a unit she like ( d lilydale one)

btw did u buy ur property for home stay or investment?

My opinion is that unless its a new development, else I would buy a resale with location and layout I like regardless of interior condition because I can use the $ saved to reno to my liking. Very rarely will you find a resale with reno that is relatively good condition AND 100% to your liking.

Agree wif u abt not hvg a unit wich we will like 100%.
    but i guess we r not choosy in the sense we will live it. Like the groundfloor unit in lily,d unit is very well kept n reno is quite nice.. We dnt like the inbuilt shoe rack in the living rm but if we did buy the unit, we wld live wif it instd of spdg money to remove it

It's very weary n tiring to keep on looking n looking..
    But I tink I will discuss wif my wify abt making it our hobby.
    I guess she dnt wan to go tru the disappointment of losing a unit she like ( d lilydale one)

btw did u buy ur property for home stay or investment?
    Home stay. PM you the details.

yeah hence this is Singaporeans' number one hobby

Uniquely Singaporean...

yeah hence this is Singaporeans' number one hobby

Uniquely Singaporean...
    no lor...when market is bad...showflat empty one....u see sept/oct mth...most showflat swat flies....

only 'shop' during gd times is not a hobby

It is better to shop during bad times...you are like king...

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    no lor...when market is bad...showflat empty one....u see sept/oct mth...most showflat swat flies....

only 'shop' during gd times is not a hobby

Quote Originally Posted by gohsoonk
    It is better to shop during bad times...you are like king...
    past 2 mth sales bad...but price nvr drop lor...window shopping nia

Another update, d new agent jus called me n informed tat the new valuation rept is out... It's 10k higher than the 1st one..
    She is quite confident to get the x+30k tat I was looking for...
    Anyway tok is cheap la... We see how lor

Another update, d new agent jus called me n informed tat the new valuation rept is out... It's 10k higher than the 1st one..
    She is quite confident to get the x+30k tat I was looking for...
    Anyway tok is cheap la... We see how lor
    u looking at COV 30k? north area?

u looking at COV 30k? north area?
    x is my price I wil let go.. Actualii had two offers of 25k cov previously..

If there are many viewers that will give u a better chance. The only concern now is people sitting at the side and wAit. Next year may not be as good.

x is my price I wil let go.. Actualii had two offers of 25k cov previously..
    ic...wah ur agt so optismistic....can fetch 50k COV ar? not near MRT somemore rite...

keep us updated man...i wud tot 25k COV not bad for ur case...or ur hse is very nicely renovated?

btw, now ur V up by 10k more...25kCOV seems gd now...hehe...gd luck

think $30k can barely "revamp" a 1.2k sf unit.

Lots of things to revamp - esp toilets which usually bears the brunt of wear and tear.

Other things which probably needs to be refurnished are aircon, cabinets, kitchen fittings, etc. Floorings and parquet can be "restored" unless one insists on particular tiles etc.

I have found out these via the hard way. We also initially budgeted ard 30-40k to reno my 10-year condo purchase.

The reno is almost in completed. current cost of renov is abt $50k. If you add all the electrical and furniture, it will cross $60k. my own experience thus far. anyway, my wife is pretty particular abt the design so perhaps slightly on the higher end.

Quote Originally Posted by fooblack

Lots of things to revamp - esp toilets which usually bears the brunt of wear and tear.

Other things which probably needs to be refurnished are aircon, cabinets, kitchen fittings, etc. Floorings and parquet can be "restored" unless one insists on particular tiles etc.

I have found out these via the hard way. We also initially budgeted ard 30-40k to reno my 10-year condo purchase.

The reno is almost in completed. current cost of renov is abt $50k. If you add all the electrical and furniture, it will cross $60k. my own experience thus far. anyway, my wife is pretty particular abt the design so perhaps slightly on the higher end.
    there r many cheap contractors around....but if u go to ID....den at least X2

there r many cheap contractors around....but if u go to ID....den at least X2
    yeah, need to find reliable contractors. Usually hard to come by... provided one also needs to have some basic understanding on the renov process and items.

our ID is a personal friend. so explains the cost have been depressed somewhat. my unit actually looks pretty brand new haha.. that's the comforting thought in view of the cost we incurred

lots of unexpected items came up during the reno - windows, aircon, even the stupid intercom handset costs > $200 bucks !!!!

ic...wah ur agt so optismistic....can fetch 50k COV ar? not near MRT somemore rite...

keep us updated man...i wud tot 25k COV not bad for ur case...or ur hse is very nicely renovated?

btw, now ur V up by 10k more...25kCOV seems gd now...hehe...gd luck
    my flat quite nicely renovated and it's at the top floor..(20 floor)
    Previous agent was optimistic n was pricing it at Abt 45k cov.. However managed to secure only 25-27k cov..

Wen I change agent, she oso agreed on the 45k cov but asked for a new valuation.. Now valuation is up by 10k, she effectively Need to secure 35k Nia...if she does get 35k plus the new valuation, then she wld hv earned her 2% I guess

Quote Originally Posted by fooblack

Tats wat I tot...coz 5 yrs ago I spd ard 30k on my current flat wich was brand new... Now I guess costs wld have gone up n having seen tat unit condition,I doubt 30k is enuf..

Tats y I considering if I shld get such a unit n spd 30-40k on Reno or jus get a very well maintained n renovated unit wich is priced abt 40-50k higher...