Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Woodgrove condo, lilydale or woodsvale

Default Woodgrove condo, lilydale or woodsvale

Hi all, we r looking for a 3brm unit to buy in one of this places for homestay.budget is ard 700k to 800k.we like d landscaping of lilydale
    but wan to keep our options open.. Any opinions n suggestions pls? Thanks alot

Quote Originally Posted by Sgysfj
    Hi all, we r looking for a 3brm unit to buy in one of this places for homestay.budget is ard 700k to 800k.we like d landscaping of lilydale
    but wan to keep our options open.. Any opinions n suggestions pls? Thanks alot
    Woodgrove is close to supermart but far from mrt (15 min walk) - also a plot of land beside it is up for sale so do expect development 'melodies' to be in the pipeline.

Lilydale is also close but in outskirts of yishun, hence far from mrt. It is EC and 7 years old so u can't sell to foreigners yet. Also The Canopy is going to be built beside it so expect to get noise like above.

Woodsvale is closest to mrt but u'll need to walk abit to get to coffeeshop or to get your groceries. It is EC but fully privatised this year. It is beside another completed EC, Northoaks and beside the park, so pretty peaceful.

It is funny that you'll consider one EC in Yishun, one near admiralty and one is woodlands...perhaps you should first narrow down your location of choice before deciding on the condo? While some would pick a condo based on how they like it, location should be one of topmost priorities.

Good luck!

Hi thanks for ur reply..
    Basicalli we r jus looking for a homestay condo
    anyware in d north will do as our parents r staying in woodlands.
    We love d landscaping of lilydale n it's serenity.
    Woodsvale is nice n near to mrt but we feel tat it's rather noisy n crowded.
    We haven viewed any units at woodgrove condo yet though we also like
    we r also open to euphony gdns.. Any other opinions/views are welcome

I have been looking around and personally I prefer woodgrove condo but too bad my offer was 15k lesser so did not manage to get a unit there. The facility there are under utilised and well kept. There are less HDB up-graders.

I have yet to view that Yishun condo. Between woodsvale and woodgrove, woodgrove is definitely better.

Quote Originally Posted by rattydrama
    I have been looking around and personally I prefer woodgrove condo but too bad my offer was 15k lesser so did not manage to get a unit there. The facility there are under utilised and well kept. There are less HDB up-graders.

I have yet to view that Yishun condo. Between woodsvale and woodgrove, woodgrove is definitely better.

I have been to northoaks, woodsvale, emerald, euphony n lilydale..
    My personal choice is lilydale though I have not been to woodgrove.
    U looking for a 3 brm at woodgrove? It seems tat units there are rarely sold.
    I find woodsvale n northoaks a little crowded n heavy human traffic.
    Can I ask if the units in woodgrove regular shaped?
    Is the project itself run down or well maintained?

Jus to add rattydrama, perhaps u shld take a look at lilydale.. Personally find it quite nice n quiet..been there on weekends n it's still quiet.. Landscaping is nice n there is basement carpark which leads to units..
    Pricing wise I belief it's comparable to woodgrove.
    Btw wich other condos in the north u hav been to?
    Do share ur view wid me.. Thanks in advance

I have been to woodsvale and northoaks as well in early aug and end sept. To me both are ECs and being ECs the quality of the finishing is more HDB feel. I stay there for about 20 minutes on few occasions to observe the residents there and decided not to view any ECs projects for my private condo purchase.

woodgrove condo units are regular shaped. The land is big, only 4 sty with 200 plus units. Very resort feel. they are built on elevated grounds. the main contractor has done a very good job because it is their first private project. Pls visit the site and see for yourself.

Not many units are on sale cos the units are being sold quickly ... these days you cannot get such size at this price. The price is being depressed currently and I think there are upside potential.

its an old projects but it is very well maintained. I saw from the notice board the chairman of the MC is an ang mo... and I saw a feel ang mo kids in the pool so the profile of residents in this condo is worth considering.

dont forget next door there is another plot going to be sold soon.

Jus to add rattydrama, perhaps u shld take a look at lilydale.. Personally find it quite nice n quiet..been there on weekends n it's still quiet.. Landscaping is nice n there is basement carpark which leads to units..
    lilydale is quite far from mrt if not wrong. Woodgrove is 1km smack in between marsiling and woodlands mrt. Just walk over and cross the small road, you can shop at NTUC, very convenient.

since all are 99 years leasehold and built during the same period, I will go for the cheapest condo. Although ECs are cheaper, there are so many units on sale and carpark is not linked to the condo - need to walk a distance..

woodgrove condo not many on sale, you need to wait and provided you can wait.

Suggest that you take a look at the translaction history of these projects.

For Lilydale, i believe that you may have many choice to view as many units have put up for sale. It is near to e Seletar Air hub, plus the new launch project will give a protentially lift to the price. These higher floor have a sea view. However, it a bit to 'deep in' and lot of workers seating on the pitch over the week end.

Woodgrove, near the Amercian school, may still command some attraction. In term of facilities, somehow, woodland are almost saturated. The so call north regional centre seem to shift to Yishun.

Important factor is your parant place, if your parents are looking after your kids and you are fetching them daily, it is wise to get a unit as close as possible.

have you view Northwoods, Sensoria, Seletaris ? These are the freehold projects......

Thumbs up

Have U viewed Orchid park? Very spacious inside and is near to amenities.

lilydale is quite far from mrt if not wrong. Woodgrove is 1km smack in between marsiling and woodlands mrt. Just walk over and cross the small road, you can shop at NTUC, very convenient.

since all are 99 years leasehold and built during the same period, I will go for the cheapest condo. Although ECs are cheaper, there are so many units on sale and carpark is not linked to the condo - need to walk a distance..

woodgrove condo not many on sale, you need to wait and provided you can wait.
    yes u r right. Lilydale is quite far fr mrt. Have viewed a lot of units there n we like one unit. However asking price is close to 800k.we can't rili decide now n maybe will not upgrade at all. Didn't know house hunting is so tiring n leceh

Hi zzz1 thanks for ur input. Parents stay in Wlands. Our thoughts are we dnt mind travelling frm yishun to Wlands as we rili find woodsvale n northoaks very crowded. Tats y we prefer lilydale.. Hvg said tat we r exploring all other options n if rili dnt have then we wnt upgrade at all n stay put in our current place

yes u r right. Lilydale is quite far fr mrt. Have viewed a lot of units there n we like one unit. However asking price is close to 800k.we can't rili decide now n maybe will not upgrade at all. Didn't know house hunting is so tiring n leceh
    my experience is you need to do ground works before jumping. eg. check the last caveat price, check the facing, check the layout of the project, know which stack is the best stack in this project, understand the likely profile of the people staying there, check if near good school, know the prices of the various nearby projects... the list goes on.

The reason is you will regret less as you know this is really your choice unit.

my view is project nearer to mrt, be it sold at premium price will command better resale value no matter what yardstick you use.

cheers and good luck.

my experience is you need to do ground works before jumping. eg. check the last caveat price, check the facing, check the layout of the project, know which stack is the best stack in this project, understand the likely profile of the people staying there, check if near good school, know the prices of the various nearby projects... the list goes on.

The reason is you will regret less as you know this is really your choice unit.

my view is project nearer to mrt, be it sold at premium price will command better resale value no matter what yardstick you use.

cheers and good luck.
    I agree wif u abt d nearer to mrt the better resale value.
    However we really dnt prefer the landscaping n crowd of woodsvale.
    The serenity n quietness of lilydale rili capture our heart.
    Btw can share how to check wich is d best stack n oso d profile of the ppl staying at the project.

On a side note, wld u share if tis is a gd time to actuali upgrade or isit beta to wait for prices to soften.we r actuali in no hurry to upgrade.
    R u upgrading as well or u investing?

woodsvale is not my choice after few rounds of viewing. I think I will not go for ECs for reasons mentioned earlier. And woodsvale is not near MRT. If not because of 30 Aug ruling, I will go for resale HDB near to MRT.

I chance upon sun plaza apartment - old project but it is very convenient. 3 bedder is going around 8xxk as well.

You can ask the agent or site from the website, sometimes there are layout plan. You can also google to see the distance from MRT and distance from schools.

Near good primary school within 1km will have added advantage.

woodsvale is not my choice after few rounds of viewing. I think I will not go for ECs for reasons mentioned earlier. And woodsvale is not near MRT. If not because of 30 Aug ruling, I will go for resale HDB near to MRT.

I chance upon sun plaza apartment - old project but it is very convenient. 3 bedder is going around 8xxk as well.

You can ask the agent or site from the website, sometimes there are layout plan. You can also google to see the distance from MRT and distance from schools.

For sunplaza are you aware of the noise made by the MRT? Had thought of there but my friends who stayed there advised me not to - though I agree it is super-convenient if you get the highest unit facing away from MRT.

Woodsvale is also not my choice but if you go to Northoaks, they have good management and nice layout. Slightly crowded on weekends but the tenant crowd is a good mix with a sizeable number of caucasians. Takes around 10 minutes (i think) to walk to MRT though.

Too late for Lilydale - you should have gone to buy BEFORE Canopy was announced...they have recently upped their asking prices as Canopy will, for sure, push up the psf.

I think your budget not for the freehold condos - there is still Yishun sapphire and emerald i can think of, else you can go south a little bit more and look at Seasons Park, Castle Green, etc etc

we r actuali quite weary of the viewing house process.
    We kinda like lilydale.agree wif ur concerns abt EC quality but we find
    lilydale is much beta built in terms of layout n finishings.
    Having said tat, we have not seen many other projects tat r mentioned here
    such as seletaris etc...

As we r in no hurry to upgrade, perhaps we would hold. Would love to hear frm u about ur house hunting. Btw I have heard of sun plaza apartments as I currently stay in sembawang.those tat r sold r mostly 4 bdrm or bigger. Way out my budget..

Our priority i guess is first the 'feel' of the project rather than it's proximity to ammenities or mrt.tats y we like lilydale although woodsvale would be a more logical choice given my parents r staying in woodlands.

Quote Originally Posted by mantrix
    For sunplaza are you aware of the noise made by the MRT? Had thought of there but my friends who stayed there advised me not to - though I agree it is super-convenient if you get the highest unit facing away from MRT.

Woodsvale is also not my choice but if you go to Northoaks, they have good management and nice layout. Slightly crowded on weekends but the tenant crowd is a good mix with a sizeable number of caucasians. Takes around 10 minutes (i think) to walk to MRT though.

Too late for Lilydale - you should have gone to buy BEFORE Canopy was announced...they have recently upped their asking prices as Canopy will, for sure, push up the psf.

I think your budget not for the freehold condos - there is still Yishun sapphire and emerald i can think of, else you can go south a little bit more and look at
    Seasons Park, Castle Green, etc etc
    hi mantrix, besides season park castle green, any othe projects tat r worth considering in the yio chu kang area? Someting like 750k for a 3 bedder?
    Thks

I view a few units before, mrt noise is not as bad as main road from buses, trucks and motorbikes.

If mrt noise is a concern, perhaps unit not facing mrt track can be considered such as those pool unit.

If you have tbe budget and dont mind 2 bedder and like the tranquility and secluded environment as mentioned in your post , go for sensoria freehold. Its very new, still convenient, amongst all the private enclave, near to SSC and if not wrong 2-3 bus stop away from sembawang mrt station. the minus point is this project is less than 100 units.

I have completed my house hunt at the moment. I am shifting to CCK soon. But I will be back to Woodlands when time is right cos there are much potential for Woodlands.

Feeling can be changed over time depending on which stage of life cycle you are in. I try to be practical cos is not small money we talking about.

But of course, most important is both must agree and accept the decision made.

we r actuali quite weary of the viewing house process.
    We kinda like lilydale.agree wif ur concerns abt EC quality but we find
    lilydale is much beta built in terms of layout n finishings.
    Having said tat, we have not seen many other projects tat r mentioned here
    such as seletaris etc...

As we r in no hurry to upgrade, perhaps we would hold. Would love to hear frm u about ur house hunting. Btw I have heard of sun plaza apartments as I currently stay in sembawang.those tat r sold r mostly 4 bdrm or bigger. Way out my budget..

Our priority i guess is first the 'feel' of the project rather than it's proximity to ammenities or mrt.tats y we like lilydale although woodsvale would be a more logical choice given my parents r staying in woodlands.

I have completed my house hunt at the moment. I am shifting to CCK soon. But I will be back to Woodlands when time is right cos there are much potential for Woodlands.

Feeling can be changed over time depending on which stage of life cycle you are in. I try to be practical cos is not small money we talking about.

yup agree wif u both must agree n it's not small money.
    Tis is our first time tinking of buying pte property hence the hesistance

yup agree wif u both must agree n it's not small money.
    Tis is our first time tinking of buying pte property hence the hesistance
    its like that de, no experience and feel scary...cos of the long term commitment. once you make the first buck, you will be more brave. continue to follow up on ppty news and feel for yourself before you jump.

its like that de, no experience and feel scary...cos of the long term commitment. once you make the first buck, you will be more brave. continue to follow up on ppty news and feel for yourself before you jump.
    it's for homestay not investment.. Still reservations are there.. Afraid of overcommitting n overstretching..anyways we have found a unit tat we rili like in lilydale.. Now rili considering to make an offer..
    In ur opinion, groundfloor unit with patio lilydale asking for 560psf worth to offer?

it's for homestay not investment.. Still reservations are there.. Afraid of overcommitting n overstretching..anyways we have found a unit tat we rili like in lilydale.. Now rili considering to make an offer..
    In ur opinion, groundfloor unit with patio lilydale asking for 560psf worth to offer?
    guess your mind is set for lily

my girl friend told me ground floor condo change tenant and owner very often.

I understand it is harder to sell for ground floor unit.

And people tends to throw things down from upper floor so you need an umbrella or something to keep away the litters.

550 Yishun Avenue 6 #01-04
    99 Yrs From 12/09/2000
    $555
    $735k
    12 Aug 10

This is the latest price for ground floor. the average price for canopy is 680 psf. you have to check the facing, the renovation, the layout and is it better than other comparable units.

if for homestay and not near mrt, get the cheapest unit you can find and like cos the upside is limited and you might have to keep the unit for sometimes.

if in no hurry, just offer something you are comfortable. If cannot get, wait for other units since you mentioned there are so many units on sale.

just my humble opinion.

guess your mind is set for lily
    my girl friend told me ground floor condo change tenant and owner very often.
    I understand it is harder to sell for ground floor unit.
    And people tends to throw things down from upper floor so you need an umbrella or something to keep away the litters.
    550 Yishun Avenue 6 #01-04
    99 Yrs From 12/09/2000
    $555
    $735k
    12 Aug 10
    This is the latest price for ground floor. the average price for canopy is 680 psf. you have to check the facing, the renovation, the layout and is it better than other comparable units.
    if for homestay and not near mrt, get the cheapest unit you can find and like cos the upside is limited and you might have to keep the unit for sometimes.
    if in no hurry, just offer something you are comfortable. If cannot get, wait
    for other units since you mentioned there are so many units on sale.
    just my humble opinion.
    the unit is in good condition, renovated. Guess there is no noon sun though it's not facing pool. I hv been looking for the cheapest unit ard but most of the time such units r either tenanted or in bad condition tat I need to do a major renovation.

I rili appreciate ur opinions as I'm a newbie in pte property.
    Hv u consider units wich r bad condition n thn u do major renovation? Reason I ask is there is a unit in lilydale,condition average.I belief can close ard 690 or 700k.jus wonder if it's worth to get such a unit n then put in 20-30k Renovation? Once again thks for ur opinion

If it is a nice reno that you like, you can really save time and money. But if you are particular and would like to change the ID, then buy a unit which can save u $50k for the renovation will be ideal.

If it is a nice reno that you like, you can really save time and money. But if you are particular and would like to change the ID, then buy a unit which can save u $50k for the renovation will be ideal.

Tats wat we r tinking. If we buy a unit wich is well maintain n nice reno-Ed,
    then we can save time, effort on money although we most prob be paying more the unit.

We like the Reno n condition of tat particular unit n also another unit in woodsvale. If we do buy such units, we wnt chg d ID n jus will move in as the units r move in condition.

However we r tinking if we shld buy a average condition unit at a much cheaper price n do Reno.the price diference btw such units can be btw 50-70k.
    Shld we spd the savings of 50k to 70k on Reno the units instd?

Although we like lilydale.. We r stil open to other projects in north... Any more suggestions/ comments are very much appreciated

out of curiosity, which project did you buy eventually?

http://forums.condosingapore.com/showthread.php?t=10109

nice article, you may want to read this before you commit.