Page 4 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891419242934 ... LastLast

Thread: The Lakefront Residences (D22, 99 years leasehold, Keppel Land)

Quote Originally Posted by mygeemeel
    Actually, people should be buying Caspian isn't it? Earlier TOP, lower psf/quantum...

But I must say Kepland has cleverly design their development, away from mrt tracks.

An agent email me the show room photos and found the design so so only and think brochure looks much nicer than actual photos....

Am sceptical as agent told me do not miss the chance as it will be a sold out project in days as "blank cheque" responses are overwhelming....

Not really believe it will be a sold out in a few days, months perhaps.....

Quote Originally Posted by peterng8
    at this current situation, and to sell at this price ...I think they have to carry out their launch and plan carefully to make it a full sell out....
    they'd probably launch it in phases and try and sell them out in phases. if they can sell it 90% of the total development in a month i'll be really impressed. singaporeans are obviously very very cash rich.

Quote Originally Posted by kane
    they'd probably launch it in phases and try and sell them out in phases. if they can sell it 90% of the total development in a month i'll be really impressed. singaporeans are obviously very very cash rich.
    sporeans still got cash de....u see the gly...at stevens...i read smthing like 70-80% r local buyers and 3bedders from 3mio wor

it depends on whr and which ppty they wana park their cash

perhaps many singaporean are coming back home from overseas, one reason or another (eg poor economy overseas), with lots of cash?

Actually, people should be buying Caspian isn't it? Earlier TOP, lower psf/quantum...

But I must say Kepland has cleverly design their development, away from mrt tracks.
    If I own a Caspian I will sell it and buy this Kepland one....

Quote Originally Posted by Komo
    good choice

y sell caspian and buy this new project? to me caspian projects looks ok...unless u r holding a caspian unit tat faces the mrt track...den perhaps it make sense..

agt comm, new stamp fees, etc etc....care to explain y?

caspian is going at 800psf average, kepland's going for 1000psf average. i don't understand the logic of switching either unless you can sell the caspian unit closer to 1000psf.

and like what devilplate talk about. incur more stamp fees in the process??

I don't think the price differential between the 2 projects will wide at $200psf. The projects are so close in location and top. (maybe they intentionally slow down caspian construction actually good for caspian). But since kepland one is more appealing (homestay or lease), I believe it will still maintain a price premium. So may make sense to sell caspian when price is high enough and close to kepland and switch. I feel that kepland one may have better upward potential from here. But of course if you are holding a very nice choice unit in caspian then that's another story. Nevertheless, a more appealing project tends to maintain value better.
    Last edited by Komo; 05-11-10 at 08:34.

I don't think the price differential between the 2 projects will wide at $200psf. The projects are so close in location and top. (maybe they intentionally slow down caspian construction actually good for caspian). But since kepland one is more appealing (homestay or lease), I believe it will still maintain a price premium. So may make sense to sell caspian when price is high enough and close to kepland and switch. I feel that kepland one may have better upward potential from here.
    IF
    - I have extra $$$$$, I would buy Lakefront and hold caspian...
    - I have $$$ to paid up 30~40% for lakefront, I would buy lakefront now and sell caspian later (waiting for price gaps between Lakefront & Capsian to close)
    - If I'm don't have enough $$$ to meet 30% loan regulation, I would hold Caspian for further appreciation in investment.

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    y sell caspian and buy this new project? to me caspian projects looks ok...unless u r holding a caspian unit tat faces the mrt track...den perhaps it make sense..

agt comm, new stamp fees, etc etc....care to explain y?
    Still feeling a bit sore for not buying the caspian high floor 4 bedder last year during the preview...only selling around 800k.

I don't think the price differential between the 2 projects will wide at $200psf. The projects are so close in location and top. (maybe they intentionally slow down caspian construction actually good for caspian). But since kepland one is more appealing (homestay or lease), I believe it will still maintain a price premium. So may make sense to sell caspian when price is high enough and close to kepland and switch. I feel that kepland one may have better upward potential from here. But of course if you are holding a very nice choice unit in caspian then that's another story. Nevertheless, a more appealing project tends to maintain value better.

The caspian layout is far better than Keppel. If the prices are same and unit is on high floor, unblocked, not near to MRT track, it make sense to hold on to caspian.

Keppel layout is suitable for rental purposes and not for self stay. Look at the kitchen layout! There again, if buy during launch, you can choose those at high floor to compensate the less than desired design.

Looks like this will be a sell out project.

Quote Originally Posted by azeoprop
    Still feeling a bit sore for not buying the caspian high floor 4 bedder last year during the preview...only selling around 800k.
    mi too!! I was looking at the online brochure and ask myself, wow so cheap... but never think of wow must buy although I can afford anytime!!!!

I am waiting for the caspian effect to happen again but is location dependent...MARK my word...

Quote Originally Posted by rattydrama
    mi too!! I was looking at the online brochure and ask myself, wow so cheap... but never think of wow must buy although I can afford anytime!!!!

whatever action u take(buy or dont buy), there must be a reason behind it that make you take this choice...no point thinking about past , move forward and decide whether there is another opportunity that you should capitalise... action is key...

err...'more appealing' is too subjective oredi....one BUC now and one based on artist impression...

u really tink caspian can fetch very close to kep prices now? kep unit sizes r smaller and thus quantum is still about the same even though at 1kpsf. quite tough to switch la...

when kep launch and mabe 50% sold or more...caspian prices will only inch up perhaps to 900psf by den....when u sell, u realised choice units r gone for kep land and mabe at 2-3% higher prices is response is too good....ppty unlike stocks la...very tough to make a switch like dat one...

if u like kep project and holding a caspian project, just buy one unit at kepland now...when kepland units about 80-90% sold, den u can start selling caspian...haha....nid balls to do tat lor...gd luck

Quote Originally Posted by westman
    IF
    - I have extra $$$$$, I would buy Lakefront and hold caspian...
    - I have $$$ to paid up 30~40% for lakefront, I would buy lakefront now and sell caspian later (waiting for price gaps between Lakefront & Capsian to close)
    - If I'm don't have enough $$$ to meet 30% loan regulation, I would hold Caspian for further appreciation in investment.

ops...din read ur post b4 i post..

very similar tots

Quote Originally Posted by rattydrama
    The caspian layout is far better than Keppel. If the prices are same and unit is on high floor, unblocked, not near to MRT track, it make sense to hold on to caspian.
    i dun tink got any units in caspian tat enjoys unblocked view....i was there during the preview too... (nvr buy any wor....)

3-4bedders low flr direct poolview was the best choice at caspian

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    i dun tink got any units in caspian tat enjoys unblocked view....i was there during the preview too... (nvr buy any wor....)

3-4bedders low flr direct poolview was the best choice at caspian
    my caspian unit is high flr 4 bedder pool facing...thinking of getting a 2 bedder in kep....but price is ard 800k....steep..

Got money, buy kepland. Lesser money and want earlier top then buy caspian. Simple. Heard kepland top in 2015. Wah!

Buy keppel is good...the design will not be affected by MRT noise at the same it is near mrt, unlike caspian...and facilities also good...

I AM A CASPIAN OWNER.

Got money, buy kepland. Lesser money and want earlier top then buy caspian. Simple. Heard kepland top in 2015. Wah!
    Tot keppel intent to TOP at 2013 q4? Tats wat keppel spokesman said during interview when they got the land.

Caspian as long at 10% discount of keppel will be attractive

I AM A CASPIAN OWNER.
    u bought from subsale but price I guess is not too high...I guess there are a few caspianian here can tell since the start of the caspian thread...

Quote Originally Posted by ay123
    Caspian as long at 10% discount of keppel will be attractive
    it's at 20% right now according to kepland's guided price. well, whether their launch will be a successful will be known next week.

it's at 20% right now according to kepland's guided price. well, whether their launch will be a successful will be known next week.
    Factored in baywindows/planters cud b ard 10-15pct diff

My tot is keppel project will be a sell out. When caspian was launch they were selling at jurong transformation. Many were skeptical abt jurong development then. Now Keppel is also selling at jurong transformation but keppel is selling on true fact, 1) jurong lake district first white site being acquired. 2) ministries moving to jurong by 2015. 3)2nd white site open for tender.....these facts are showing that jurong development is taking shape very agressively which prompt keppel to bid at high price. I think now should not use caspian to compare price anymore becos caspian price is history and would not happen again. Now should look at future potential. I think keppel has potential for capital appreciation. Of course caspian can ride on this wave also.....If the white site has to complete development within 7 years, we need not even need to wait 10 years to see jurong transformation take shape

Quote Originally Posted by RE_Owner
    My tot is keppel project will be a sell out. When caspian was launch they were selling at jurong transformation. Many were skeptical abt jurong development then. Now Keppel is also selling at jurong transformation but keppel is selling on true fact, 1) jurong lake district first white site being acquired. 2) ministries moving to jurong by 2015. 3)2nd white site open for tender.....these facts are showing that jurong development is taking shape very agressively which prompt keppel to bid at high price. I think now should not use caspian to compare price anymore becos caspian price is history and would not happen again. Now should look at future potential. I think keppel has potential for capital appreciation. Of course caspian can ride on this wave also.....If the white site has to complete development within 7 years, we need not even need to wait 10 years to see jurong transformation take shape

For quite a while, not much of development news to JLD...
    However, not understanding why it happened, by incidental, garment agencies made quite a fair bits of announcement just before Kep Land appoint agents start to promote and sell (I received lots of lakefront details right after that) ...

On 29 Oct 2010, another land at Jurong Lake District is now open for application

On 30 Oct 2010, Current JE Bus Interchang will temperary relocate to make way for redevelopment of Jurong East Interchage Hub (maybe like Jurong Point Centris?)

Also on 30 Oct 2010, there are news reporting that garment agencies (some) will relocate to Jurong Gateway by 2015...

News come out too early, people may forget..
    News come out too late, slow sales at start....

不多不少 两周刚刚好!

You draw your own conclusion...I will be very interested to buy with these "attractive news" around now and not to mention the right timing..