Page 6 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111621263136 ... LastLast

Thread: The Lakefront Residences (D22, 99 years leasehold, Keppel Land)

Quote Originally Posted by fisho
    Just came back from IMM. There was a flyer on my windscreen from a ERA agent which states that the flyer can allow you to a special preview by invitation. lol. $1000 psf for this project. By invitation?

Cheers
    fisho
    With cheque and also if you bid price meet expectation...
    The Bid form allows you to have 6 choices of unit and with the amount you are willing to pay.

Crazy population at Jurong point and beyond, got a chance to move towards city by one station also have plenty of people. Should sell well.

Quote Originally Posted by kingkong1984
    Crazy population at Jurong point and beyond, got a chance to move towards city by one station also have plenty of people. Should sell well.
    May sell well but not within days, weeks or months perhaps.
    Second to PeterNg remark that all projects near to Keppel would be please to see that happened.

Interestingly, not much of seller for Caspian/Lakeshore/Lakeholmz/Parc Vista lately... all awaiting for sales outcome for Lakefront?

Quote Originally Posted by westman
    The Bid form allows you to have 6 choices of unit and with the amount you are willing to pay.
    they'll be really stupid to indicate the amount their willing to pay. it's like opening your wallet to them to take as much money as they want...

Quote Originally Posted by kane
    they'll be really stupid to indicate the amount their willing to pay. it's like opening your wallet to them to take as much money as they want...
    its the norm to indicate the max price u willing to pay if u r submitting chq prior to preview.....y stupid?

not my norm, i just indicate the unit i would consider. why help the developers cream you? they should know the value of their own product.

not my norm, i just indicate the unit i would consider. why help the developers cream you? they should know the value of their own product.
    many recent projects r adopting the same liao...

good luck to the buyers.

Buyer can say willing to pay 1 million but dun want to exercise also.

It takes one panicky buyer to set the standard for the rest. Would you play poker and show all 5 cards to your opponents?

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    many recent projects r adopting the same liao...
    You mean you give cheque..die die must exercise?
    Thought give cheque is to show interest.. ??

Quote Originally Posted by focus
    more like pressured to buy if you see people rushing to snap a unit and you also want it... something like collecting freebies!! uniquely Singapre.. I heard optima was like that before. People were sitting on the floor to write check in those days. 200+ units, sold out.

But did the price went up sky high? I am not sure cos din really follow. Maybe someone can share on this.

However, I think this should be a sell out unit.

If this is sell out project. The chance of capital appreciation is high. My tot is 10% increase in less than one year if it is fully sold

Remember caspian price up by more than 15% in less than one n half year

Quote Originally Posted by ay123
    If this is sell out project. The chance of capital appreciation is high. My tot is 10% increase in less than one year if it is fully sold
    10% just to cover the cost.. If want to make profit at least 15%.

Quote Originally Posted by focus
    giving a cheque is fine but I don't like the idea of stating how much I want to pay for the unit. Of course, you can give a low ball number but what's the point of that then.

Their launch date is 11 november right?

10% is not worth it. It barely covers transaction costs.

Quote Originally Posted by ay123

I thought 3 years has better chance of making money

Is this ballot to queue? I really hate this hard-sell method. Buying a property should be relatively stress-free. I can never imagine throwing in a chq and waiting for hours in queue and praying that someone would pick up my cheque from the lucky draw box just to walk into a showflat. And after walking out of the showflat, I would be pretty-much pressurised to make a decision on the spot because hundreds will be queuing behind me and pressed for time. That's why I prefer to buy a resale unit - own time own target, view when you're free, negotiate directly one-on-one with the agent/seller. It's less intimidating and buyers can make an informed decision not under duress.

3 years 15% return lagi not worth it - minus transaction costs only 7% return and divide by 3 years means 2% return per annum. I personally think it's not a good buy at $1,050psf. All the upside has been priced in already. And Jurong Lake transformation will only complete in 2020. I'm sure there are other investments that give better return.

Quote Originally Posted by kingkong1984
    I thought 3 years has better chance of making money

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Falcon
    Is this ballot to queue? I really hate this hard-sell method. Buying a property should be relatively stress-free. I can never imagine throwing in a chq and waiting for hours in queue and praying that someone would pick up my cheque from the lucky draw box just to walk into a showflat. And after walking out of the showflat, I would be pretty-much pressurised to make a decision on the spot because hundreds will be queuing behind me and pressed for time. That's why I prefer to buy a resale unit - own time own target, view when you're free, negotiate directly one-on-one with the agent/seller. It's less intimidating and buyers can make an informed decision not under duress.
    I'vd seen the Lakefront form but not sure how it operate.
    The agent told me that if developer selected my bid form, it may not necessary sell the unit at the max price.

Not really believe it will be that way. Who would not want to sell high price if buyer wiulling to pay?

I'vd seen the Lakefront form but not sure how it operate.
    The agent told me that if developer selected my bid form, it may not necessary sell the unit at the max price.

Not really believe it will be that way. Who would not want to sell high price if buyer wiulling to pay?
    My guess is that the price range stated in the form will give the developer a good gauge of the price in which the potential buyers would be willing to pay for the different unit types.

From all these data, they will most probably generate some graph to determine their pricing that can get maximum profits and buyers.

Price to CREAM....
    Developer love it... Yum Yum

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowSG
    My guess is that the price range stated in the form will give the developer a good gauge of the price in which the potential buyers would be willing to pay for the different unit types.

From all these data, they will most probably generate some graph to determine their pricing that can get maximum profits and buyers.

from my understanding:

u can state lower price for ur units...on that day of balloting, ur agt will book the unit for u if the released price is within ur price stated...if not, ur agt may or may not call u to chk with u....bcoz, ur agt may not have time to react or he can simply submit another chq tat matches the price. the process of balloting varies...

if u r kiasi and kiasu, submit chq and put in a low price and make sure u r there physically during the balloting...when u r given the chance to choose a unit....u can decide on the spot to take it anot.

dun like this type of arrangement, den dun submit at all lor...wait for leftovers or buy another project or resale...willing buyer willing seller mah

everyone dun like this idea and dun submit, den next time dun have such balloting liao lor...haha

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    from my understanding:

u can state lower price for ur units...on that day of balloting, ur agt will book the unit for u if the released price is within ur price stated...if not, ur agt may or may not call u to chk with u....bcoz, ur agt may not have time to react or he can simply submit another chq tat matches the price. the process of balloting varies...

if u r kiasi and kiasu, submit chq and put in a low price and make sure u r there physically during the balloting...when u r given the chance to choose a unit....u can decide on the spot to take it anot.

dun like this type of arrangement, den dun submit at all lor...wait for leftovers or buy another project or resale...willing buyer willing seller mah

everyone dun like this idea and dun submit, den next time dun have such balloting liao lor...haha
    wah.. u so experienced!

This balloting method really suck the buyer.
    Only purpose is to create undue pressure for fishes to bite hard & harder..

Any idea which development in Singapore started this method?

Quote Originally Posted by scsc
    wah.. u so experienced!

This balloting method really suck the buyer.
    Only purpose is to create undue pressure for fishes to bite hard & harder..

Any idea which development in Singapore started this method?
    balloting is still better than in the not-too-distant old days of queuing system where ppl queue overnight and sometimes days or even a week ahead..

maybe next time it will be an auction system! lol

Quote Originally Posted by august
    balloting is still better than in the not-too-distant old days of queuing system where ppl queue overnight and sometimes days or even a week ahead..

maybe next time it will be an auction system! lol
    balloting system is quite fair in my opinion...just submit ur chq and put in a low comfy price lor....just take leave to be there when the ballot starts

u can hear happy buyers shouting 'YESHHHH' and clappings/cheering....quite fun mah...haha....alexis was like dat...lol

The real guys clapping and celebrating with you when you express your enthusiasm having been balloted to pick your unit are the developers behind the counter.

Heck, they should get you to go on stage and give you a free bottle of moet champagne to celebrate! Afterall, you paid for that champagne...

another round of debate and doubt on the potential of keppel site same as caspian launch last time 2 years back ....later another round of people banging the wall...

Quote Originally Posted by peterng8
    another round of debate and doubt on the potential of keppel site same as caspian launch last time 2 years back ....later another round of people banging the wall...
    I don't doubt it'll be a success just basing on the scarcity of new projects in the area in the past year. Heck, Orchard area has more launches than Jurong East and West put together.

I'm just amused by the marketing tactics employed and how people open their hearts and wallets to the developer.