Page 7 of 50 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121722273237 ... LastLast

Thread: The Lakefront Residences (D22, 99 years leasehold, Keppel Land)

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Falcon
    3 years 15% return lagi not worth it - minus transaction costs only 7% return and divide by 3 years means 2% return per annum. I personally think it's not a good buy at $1,050psf. All the upside has been priced in already. And Jurong Lake transformation will only complete in 2020. I'm sure there are other investments that give better return.
    Thanks. Mass Market should be about $1000 psf now right? Centris prices should be around there also right?

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    balloting system is quite fair in my opinion...just submit ur chq and put in a low comfy price lor....just take leave to be there when the ballot starts

u can hear happy buyers shouting 'YESHHHH' and clappings/cheering....quite fun mah...haha....alexis was like dat...lol
    hmm... i'm too green to experience such hilarious anxious & funny moments.

i guest my experience is one lucky one.. Much better to go new launch during times of uncertainty.

Quote Originally Posted by kingkong1984
    Thanks. Mass Market should be about $1000 psf now right?
    In 1996 ppl thought so too.

If 1000 is accepted in jurong, 1200 at amk Centro will be underpriced

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

and any CCR property even cheapest must be >$2400 psf otherwise underpriced?

Quote Originally Posted by amk
    In 1996 ppl thought so too.

If 1000 is accepted in jurong, 1200 at amk Centro will be underpriced

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear
    and any CCR property even cheapest must be >$2400 psf otherwise underpriced?
    perception of value...

let the natural market forces be the judge

At $1k psf it better comes with guaranteed unblocked and good view. Any investment here will probably for long haul. $1200 psf may still be achievable for good units and as the surrounding development unfold quickly. For me, if I'm considering centro, I may switch to here instead!

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Falcon
    10% is not worth it. It barely covers transaction costs.
    if price can up by 10% in one years time, u thinki is not worth it? do u mind sharing which new project can have such return under such sentiment now? if price can increase, it means that you have park yr $ in the right place rather than buy a lower price "not sell out" project and the price remain stagnant or fall below the launch price even reach TOP? shouldnt we start to look for unpolish gem knowing that the capital appreciation is higher. if 10% can be achieve in one year, definitely the price will up further upon TOP and by that time the jurong development is also half way thru. so i think this project still have the potential for higher appreciation. Centro at $1200 w/o any development going on, is just situated at mature area. Scala also not much happening surrounding but the price is uptrending too.

Quote Originally Posted by ay123
    if price can up by 10% in one years time, u thinki is not worth it? do u mind sharing which new project can have such return under such sentiment now? if price can increase, it means that you have park yr $ in the right place rather than buy a lower price "not sell out" project and the price remain stagnant or fall below the launch price even reach TOP? shouldnt we start to look for unpolish gem knowing that the capital appreciation is higher. if 10% can be achieve in one year, definitely the price will up further upon TOP and by that time the jurong development is also half way thru. so i think this project still have the potential for higher appreciation. Centro at $1200 w/o any development going on, is just situated at mature area. Scala also not much happening surrounding but the price is uptrending too.
    yup my sentiments exactly - always look for unpolished gems (albeit after some researching) so capital appreciation is potentially much higher...look for areas that are 'immature' but about to enter the mature phase...

Quote Originally Posted by mantrix
    yup my sentiments exactly - always look for unpolished gems (albeit after some researching) so capital appreciation is potentially much higher...look for areas that are 'immature' but about to enter the mature phase...
    agree......too bad i do not have enough ammo

or i will grab pne more unit!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ay123
    10% is it before or after factoring purchase and selling stamp duties and selling agent commission?

my unit increase by > 33% in 1 1/2 years time (as at now). still hoping it up further thou is for own stay. so i believe the potential of keppel

Wow, nice returns. I guess you are one of those lucky ones still holding on to HDB. Guessed correctly? If that is the case, wait for Caspian to TOP and rent out HDB. Very good thinking right?

My opinion is no matter which lakeside dev you buy, you are well protected from downside elements. Transformation in phases protects you from price falls and at least for 10-20 years.

Hotels, malls, offices...are already planned. If you can afford, buy kepland. If you have limited $, buy PV. If you want new but top earlier, buy caspian. View or no views, it doesn't bother me. I just want my $ safely parked and purchased is within my means.

Other recent devs already selling more than $1000psf and they are in ulu places. So buying anything in lakeside is a major plus point. No brainer my friends.

Huat ah!

it's nice to see such enthusiasm on this 1000psf jurong project

in 1996 ppl thought 1k psf on 99LH projects would be a norm too. case in point, Bishan 8. It's sold out, as expected.
    .. and it took 12ys to break even...

fast forward to today: Bishan 8 is still barely above 1kpsf. And it's next to a fully developed MRT interchange that's just a few stops from town, shopping mall, all the raffles schools, etc..

.. maybe I'm too old to comprehend the value in this jurong project now....

in 1996 ppl thought 1k psf on 99LH projects would be a norm too. case in point, Bishan 8. It's sold out, as expected.

fast forward to today: Bishan 8 is still barely above 1kpsf. And it's next to a fully developed MRT interchange that's just a few stops from town, shopping mall, all the raffles schools, etc..

tats was 12yrs ago dude...if old old B8 can transact at 1kpsf now....new projects at 1kpsf still safer....mabe B8 story more applicable to Scala as of now...Scala make Centro relatively cheaper now....most expensive 99LH mass market record holder now IMO

see next yr any mass market broke scala record anot...1500psf for 3bedders in mass market? lol

btw, B8 whr got hit 1kpsf...
    Last edited by devilplate; 08-11-10 at 13:18.

Years ago population was 3-4mil. Now 5mil and influx of liquidity and increased wealth in today's market, I think can buy lah.

Now gov control foreign population, otherwise their initial target was 6mil.

Moreover foreigners eligible to buy only condo. Landed not allowed except for sentosa units. So if have enough $, can consider lakeside area.

59 Ang Mo Kio Avenue 8 #23-12
    99 Yrs From 11/12/2007
    $1394
    $1395k
    12 Oct 10

Centro almost hit 1400psf!!!!! not MM size somemore...its a good 1001sqft! which cost 1395k!!!!!!!!!!

if really like this kepland project, dun worry too much....got others bigger carrots den u...lol

i take back my word on scala makes centro cheaper....BOTH r equally exp!

Anybody know what government is going to do with the land next to lakefront?

http://www.ura.gov.sg/dc/mp2008/images/mp41.jpg

1. Rezoning of Lot 04211C (pt), Mukim 6, at Boon Lay Way/Lakeside Drive, from Residential Zone at a plot ratio of 3.50 (gross) to Reserve Site. (Approved on 23 February 2010)

Quote Originally Posted by Jadey

1. Rezoning of Lot 04211C (pt), Mukim 6, at Boon Lay Way/Lakeside Drive, from Residential Zone at a plot ratio of 3.50 (gross) to Reserve Site. (Approved on 23 February 2010)
    are u waiting for the next development? or u afraid the keppel view will be block? if waiting for next development, it will definitely more expensive than keppel. if afraid view block, buy pool view

Quote Originally Posted by OLY99
    are u waiting for the next development? or u afraid the keppel view will be block? if waiting for next development, it will definitely more expensive than keppel. if afraid view block, buy pool view
    i tink they r hoping to see a shopping mall

Quote Originally Posted by OLY99

no, I am curious if the government allo the site for mix commercial cum residential usage? A Lakeside Shopping Center?

no, I am curious if the government allo the site for mix commercial cum residential usage? A Lakeside Shopping Center?
    wow tats wat i hope too

Sometime it's about wat is coming, not wat is already there

my guess is that 1001 sq ft is actually compact 3 bedder. so for 3 bedder, that is quite MM lah. (don't use the 603 sq ft 3 bedder in geylang as benchmark hor).

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    59 Ang Mo Kio Avenue 8 #23-12
    99 Yrs From 11/12/2007
    $1394
    $1395k
    12 Oct 10

Centro almost hit 1400psf!!!!! not MM size somemore...its a good 1001sqft! which cost 1395k!!!!!!!!!!

if really like this kepland project, dun worry too much....got others bigger carrots den u...lol

i take back my word on scala makes centro cheaper....BOTH r equally exp!

STOCKS DAMN HOTTTTTTTTTT

a prelude to their launch later this week perhaps.

i say 50% sold in 2 weeks.

I'm new to SG. Can anyone tell me what is Reserve Site? And what's the change of original plan for this site?

Quote Originally Posted by kane
    a prelude to their launch later this week perhaps.

i say 50% sold in 2 weeks.
    i guess 80%

Quote Originally Posted by itghost
    I'm new to SG. Can anyone tell me what is Reserve Site? And what's the change of original plan for this site?
    Before changing of original 2008, the current vacant land (next to lakefront & and facing lake) & Lakefront Residences belong to the same piece of land.

During Feb, URA cut out the Lakefront land site and offer for sales sometime in Mar, tender close in May.

As of now per zoning, it's still Residential for the vacant land.
    Heard from some members here that the land had been withdrawn for some other purpose. Not sure what happened next.

I pretty doubt it will be a commercial central as traffic would be a great concern there and I think garment would not want to add more traffic inflow to that region.

IMHO, i think it will remain zoning as residential and I thought that can be a good thing for Keppel's project.

Mrt station lah haha