Page 9 of 50 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141924293439 ... LastLast

Thread: The Lakefront Residences (D22, 99 years leasehold, Keppel Land)

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowSG
    I am considering a 1 bedroom for investment and the allocated 1 bedroom units are units 30, 34, 35 and 36.

Unit 30 has basically no view as it is facing Blk 42 while unit 34, 35 and 36 are facing Caspian.

It's pretty tough to make a decision. Any advice on this?

one bedroom is built in this direction and located in such a way...you can compare with studio unit of caspian...which is next to mrt track and need double layer noise reduction glass all round...

I think that the units mentioned are shielded from MRT noise which is a plus compared to the neighbour and the whole project is to reduced the noise from mrt as far as I see it as the blocks are separated by the facilities(tennis courst, fitness corner etc)a distance further away. So I think the keppel guys do think comfort into consideration..

Quote Originally Posted by akow
    From the model, swimming pool looks small, how to cope with 629 family??
    The site is actually very small. I was told that the MRT column are also included on the site map to make the development bigger.

so much talk already but didn't even mention project name. Anyone has a clue?

Quote Originally Posted by kingkong1984
    so much talk already but didn't even mention project name. Anyone has a clue?
    I THOT IS....... LAKEFRONT RESIDENCE

Lakefront Residence, Left Right got water, very nice.

You actually turn left from main road into slip road then turn right. Very nice right?

Lakefront Residence, Left Right got water, very nice.

You actually turn left from main road into slip road then turn right. Very nice right?
    Every morning and every evening...got long tailback of vehicles right in front. But I guess LTA will put yellow box there.

Quote Originally Posted by sfwoo
    Every morning and every evening...got long tailback of vehicles right in front. But I guess LTA will put yellow box there.
    take mrt lah.. is 1k psf for a reason lol

Drove pass the other day... during off peak hours, just as bad.

Centris worst which makes this look better.

Get 1 bedder, rent to PRC workers 4 person, double deck x 2 if can fit. Each collect $400 would make $1600 per month. Sounds good?

Drove pass the other day... during off peak hours, just as bad.

Centris worst which makes this look better.

Get 1 bedder, rent to PRC workers 4 person, double deck x 2 if can fit. Each collect $400 would make $1600 per month. Sounds good?
    HAHAHA

650k only 1.6k pm??? keep ur cash in FD better? lol

3bedder max can house how many workers? can put in 15 anot? haha

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    HAHAHA

Each bedroom can sleep 5, 2 double decker beds and one on the floor. Living room can house another 10. So, that makes 15+10=25 pax.

If put one on the floor in the kitchen...26. If got maid's room, plut another 2 there.

Answer: 28.

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    HAHAHA

ok.. charge each $500 and get $2k.

3 bedder can lan, 20 worker no problem also.

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

HillView and Upper Bukit Timah? Another form of pollution as in the big big antennas on top of Bukit Timah Hill and Bukit Batok Nature Park? I am really scared! Last time I put my compass when viewing a property there, the compass needle keep shaking left and right and cannot settle down even after a few minutes! Magnetic field interference and unstability seems to be very very bad (which is why the compass needle cannot settle down)?

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Falcon
    With so much construction (new condo, MRT) in Singapore, the bad air and heavy vehicle is everywhere. There was this time while the Ion, 313, Orchard Central, Knightsbrige and Mandarin Gallery was being built, D9 Orchard Road probably had the worst air, you can literally smell and see the concrete dust floating in the air. This locality is Jurong East right near Lakeside? I think the air is pretty ok - if this is bad, then West Coast nearest to Jurong Island would be 100x worse? Sometimes, it's just perception. The grass always look greener at the other side At least the area is not too dense or crowded with concrete. But $1000psf for 99LH in Jurong is also not my cup of tea lah. If one really want to partake in the Jurong Lake story (which take some time to materialise), I would rather go Hillview/Upper Bukit Timah with FH condos, more exclusive, surrounded by lush greenery/nature reserves and future MRT.

this project seriously looks very, very , congested...
    it's really going to sell at 1k psf ?

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowSG
    I am considering a 1 bedroom for investment and the allocated 1 bedroom units are units 30, 34, 35 and 36.

Unit 30 has basically no view as it is facing Blk 42 while unit 34, 35 and 36 are facing Caspian.

It's pretty tough to make a decision. Any advice on this?
    most likely i will hoot stack 30... cos draw a line out can still see the lake... give dweller a "piece" of serenity

28 for 3 bedder...is it possible? What is mc role?

Each bedroom can sleep 5, 2 double decker beds and one on the floor. Living room can house another 10. So, that makes 15+10=25 pax.

If put one on the floor in the kitchen...26. If got maid's room, plut another 2 there.

Answer: 28.

Yes its really high especially for a project where price can fly only about 10 years later and there are more plots near to Jurong East MRT with better amenities. So by that time, this could be an old projects with depressed price as compared to caspian or other nearby projects.

If there is a direct lake view then I think still worthwhile for the high price.

My friend bou a unit during sars period from EFO at 450K++, 2 bedder sizeable.

Quote Originally Posted by amk
    this project seriously looks very, very , congested...
    it's really going to sell at 1k psf ?

Just updated from an agent that LR will go balloting during VVIP launch on Friday.

Also, the same agent also shared that Keppel might not launch all units at one go. He does not explain the rationale nor confirming the numbers.

Seem like Keppel is adopting the same strategy as in the case of Reflection, slow and steady to push for higher PSF to maximising margin.

Good or bad for near by projects?

Quote Originally Posted by westman
    Just updated from an agent that LR will go balloting during VVIP launch on Friday.

Also, the same agent also shared that Keppel might not launch all units at one go. He does not explain the rationale nor confirming the numbers.

Seem like Keppel is adopting the same strategy as in the case of Reflection, slow and steady to push for higher PSF to maximising margin.

Good or bad for near by projects?

wa....going balloting.... means will be crowded & long wait for those keen buyers.

u mean those chqs collected will pass to keppel for balloting on friday? then those chosen will go in to showflat to confirm an unit is it? but i don't see tentage set up last sat wor....

... Keppel might not launch all units at one go....
    bro this is the common tactics used by developers. never say "launch all". always say "partial", then see sales result, then say "80% of launched units sold".

seriously, 1k psf at lakeside. jurong east central will then be 1.1k ?
    u know I used to be positive on SG pty. at this level we are near HK "mass market"/ outskirt pricing already

Quote Originally Posted by ozcraze
    wa....going balloting.... means will be crowded & long wait for those keen buyers.

u mean those chqs collected will pass to keppel for balloting on friday? then those chosen will go in to showflat to confirm an unit is it? but i don't see tentage set up last sat wor....
    Buyers who "surrender" cheque by today will be consider priority 1
    Priority 2 goes to buyer who "surrender" after tonight 9pm.
    Priority 3 goes to those walk in buyers...

My bro had throw in a cheque and was ask to standby on firday morning.....
    I pretty doubt he will get it as he throw in a low intended buyy price (hahaha.... he say he does not want to see high price thus purposely throw in a low bidding price to disappoint the project as a whole.

Can you imagine if alot of buyers just throw in low bidding (say $800psf+/-), what will happened then?

bro this is the common tactics used by developers. never say "launch all". always say "partial", then see sales result, then say "80% of launched units sold".

u know I used to be positive on SG pty. at this level we are near HK "mass market"/ outskirt pricing already
    Fully agreed and somehow we always fall for it even though we knew it...

I'm skeptical too with $1k psf....
    Last edited by westman; 10-11-10 at 14:04.

the 1 and 2 bedders are nearly $1.3 to 1.4k psf
    the 3 bedders are 9xx psf
    and so on ...

Quote Originally Posted by august
    the 1 and 2 bedders are nearly $1.3 to 1.4k psf
    the 3 bedders are 9xx psf
    and so on ...
    same tot and similar to developer's indicative price on average is ~$1050

I pretty doubt he will get it as he throw in a low intended buyy price (hahaha.... he say he does not want to see high price thus purposely throw in a low bidding price to disappoint the project as a whole.

Can you imagine if alot of buyers just throw in low bidding (say $800psf+/-), what will happened then?

still got priority 1, 2 and 3...
    never been to a "balloting exercise" before

the agent see low price still very willing to do admin. means still got chance

"standby" means must be there or wait for phone call?

Quote Originally Posted by ozcraze
    still got priority 1, 2 and 3...
    never been to a "balloting exercise" before

the agent see low price still very willing to do admin. means still got chance

"standby" means must be there or wait for phone call?

For priority 1~3 thing, I think are just bull shit fdrom agent/develper to entice you to buy!

As for standby, I think more like "sir, LR price just out, you need to top up XXX to get a unit.." (Just like bidding for car COE, dealer will call you to add $$$ to secure a COE when price up)

Not really have a good impression on agents... seen too many rogue agents liao...

HK's outskirt as in New Territories? ... yup its ard S$1kpsf liao
    if its Kowloon, then gonna x1.8 times of N.T. pricing

if this sell well, future jurong project will inch higher and higher. jurong seem to have good "feng shui" that can sell well. could it becos of the lake? water is $$$. last year caspian help to push up the property market now this lakeside project help to stir up the market again after the cooling measure which quite the market for a while

are you saying now the cheque submission must indicate price?? remember last year i submit a blank cheque for caspian. tot submission is just to secure a place for viewing?

Fully agreed and somehow we always fall for it even though we knew it...

I'm skeptical too with $1k psf....
    The land was bought in May at $499psf by developer, before govt measures, so it's high cost....
    Hav to sell high at $1K psf to recover cost.

I put on hold investment at high $psf, after reading recent Biz Times newspaper article dated 3rd Nov.
    Never know if more measures will come.

"Published November 3, 2010

Govt keeps careful watch on property market: PM
    Series of measures cooled sentiment but region still awash with liquidity

(SINGAPORE) Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong said yesterday that the city- state's red-hot property market was a matter of concern and needed careful monitoring to avoid the creation of a bubble.

Mr Lee: S'pore feels the tensions between US and China keenly
    'Our property market has been taking off, which is causing some consternation,' he told Reuters in an interview. 'We have had a series of measures to squelch the property market but liquidity is awash, sloshing around the whole region.
    'We are watching carefully. The last set of measures were announced at the end of August, they seem to have dampened sentiment some, but we will have to watch and see.' "

Quote Originally Posted by OLY99
    are you saying now the cheque submission must indicate price?? remember last year i submit a blank cheque for caspian. tot submission is just to secure a place for viewing?
    Cheque signed without indicating $$$.
    The bid form allows you to have 6 choices of unit with a column indicating you budget price.

IF your bidding is selected for a particular unit, you have a choice to decide whether you still keen to buy, else, yhou will take back yuour cheque.