Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: What will you do with $200k cash?

Quote Originally Posted by mantrix
    Singapore is much tinier - it's a different case and also, London and Paris concentrates their industry powerhouses into a couple of locations (eg Mayfair) hence increasing the property prices drastically in those areas (their CCRs)

Singapore does not do that - we spread that out - it really depends on the strategy the government is employing, not the history (or even commutation) of the city. If government is happy with Shenton Way / Orchard, we won't be developing Marina Bay or Lakeside or Seletar etc etc
    What talking you? Govt is preparing Singapore for 6.5mil population. Of course need some expansion lah.

Hi, anyonw know how to get info of transactions of subsale units of a particular project? For Hdb there is this recent transacted price info on HDB web. What about private?

Why u want to know? Better dun look..... Not too good now. Paid service at ura web site. Daily access and yearly access pricing avsilable theeere

Quote Originally Posted by ocoloco79
    Hi, anyonw know how to get info of transactions of subsale units of a particular project? For Hdb there is this recent transacted price info on HDB web. What about private?
    Whose privates do you want to look at? I can helpch you

Quote Originally Posted by Geylang OKT
    Whose privates do you want to look at? I can helpch you
    Thinking of subselling my unit at Primo residences, would it be too fast or should I wait? dun mind lose abit if can wait for better deal when price correct ..

Thinking of subselling my unit at Primo residences, would it be too fast or should I wait? dun mind lose abit if can wait for better deal when price correct ..
    If I am not mistaken, u r the one who bought Primo penthouse for own stay? If yes, y sell now? Continue to stay in HDB?

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Anus
    if any of you had taken my tip and bought keppel corp when it opened today, you would have made at least .20 by now. don't even have to hold the stock for one day.
    ya, I posted 3 days back to buy 20 lots of HSI index
    profit is 800 points xHK$50 X 20 lots

who know what is going to be tomorrow then

Quote Originally Posted by KC76
    If I am not mistaken, u r the one who bought Primo penthouse for own stay? If yes, y sell now? Continue to stay in HDB?
    I sold my hdb to fund primo at 50% loan. M happily staying with my in laws now. If can sell, then I will wait to grab a bigger unit at a lower price when price correct downwards. IN the end for a lower or the same price or slightly higher i can get a bigger penthouse? When I bought Primo, I din even know tat this forum exist, hence I dunno what is MM units. Now knowing what is MM units, I will not get MM again cos it should be avoided according to the experts

U can try streetsine.com and trace the same unit to uncover subsale.

I ever stay with my MIL for more than 2 years. Even thou she nice and good over all it is still not a good experience cos of different ways of teachings in upbringing the kids.

If you sell your private for this sole reasons, suggest you re-consider.

The relationship is better now as she has moved out and only visits me once a while.

Until today, I really thanked her for the help and support over those period.

I sold my hdb to fund primo at 50% loan. M happily staying with my in laws now. If can sell, then I will wait to grab a bigger unit at a lower price when price correct downwards. IN the end for a lower or the same price or slightly higher i can get a bigger penthouse? When I bought Primo, I din even know tat this forum exist, hence I dunno what is MM units. Now knowing what is MM units, I will not get MM again cos it should be avoided according to the experts

just ask some agts to market for u lor....if hit ur target px den u consider to sell anot lor....i dun see any subsale tx

from wat i see from stsine, only 1bedders possible to flip....if u hv bot for investment, the 1bedder actually quite a good price at around 1050psf and possible to subsale it ard 1200psf since kovan grandeur MM oredi 1100psf for 99LH status(both same distance to MRT)

urs is a 2bedder PH bot close to 1kpsf...its tough for u to even fetch 1.1kpsf and u bot in May rite...kena 3% SSD rite? mabe u shd only try selling after 1st yr

So now can buy what shares ar?
    I want to invest my money but im a noob!

Is it wise to invest in gold now given that prices are soooo high?

Quote Originally Posted by Piglet
    So now can buy what shares ar?
    I want to invest my money but im a noob!

US Market - RVBD

Good Luck

Is it wise to invest in gold now given that prices are soooo high?
    Gold is good, it cannot be printed. China and India are still buying gold. I bought a bit too... Money cannot be trusted anymore...

If you like properties so much... I guess its much cheaper to buy Property stocks or REITs.

Some choices for you.

1. Guthrie
    2. StarHill Global
    3. RoxyPacific
    4. LeeKimTah

The yield for the above ranges from 3% to 6.5%.

Quote Originally Posted by hyenergix
    Gold is good, it cannot be printed. China and India are still buying gold. I bought a bit too... Money cannot be trusted anymore...
    If you say until like that, why buy only a bit. Why not sell everything, take your cash out, close your bank acc and buy more la!

You really believe what you are saying or just say for fun niah?

Gold is for diversification of investment. Anyway since I bought the price has increased significantly. My other investments are currently locked so cannot touch yet... I will wait for opportunity to go in again when price dips a bit. Remember QE3 or even QE4 is on the way, so gold price is likely to go up even higher.

Adding this to my reply: http://wallstreetpit.com/50779-india...ng-gold-demand
    Last edited by hyenergix; 18-12-10 at 05:11.

Gold is for diversification of investment. Anyway since I bought the price has increased significantly. My other investments are currently locked so cannot touch yet... I will wait for opportunity to go in again when price dips a bit. Remember QE3 or even QE4 is on the way, so gold price is likely to go up even higher.
    That's a sweeping statement. Speculating on QE3 and QE4 is a dangerous game. Looking at current US Treasury Yields (due to ballooning deficits taking the center stage), QE2 may be the last. US's AAA credit rating will also be threatened if QE3 takes place and that increases the Yield which effectively increases interest rates in the US which is opposite of what the FED is trying to achieve.

My take? 2011 may be a bad year for stocks, gold and commodity. Property lags behind stocks so get ready for the plunge.

The first round of $600 bil QE2 is just the start.

http://smartinvestor.in/market/Econn...ion_Report.htm

My take for 2011 is just the opposite of yours: This is for oil alone
    http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2010-1...ing-china.html and we all know food prices are increasing rapidly due to climate change and inflation.

The first round of $600 bil QE2 is just the start.

http://smartinvestor.in/market/Econn...ion_Report.htm

My take for 2011 is just the opposite of yours: This is for oil alone
    http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2010-1...ing-china.html and we all know food prices are increasing rapidly due to climate change and inflation.
    Still prefer to put the $200k into an acceptable sized good property in a good location. Everything else is unclear, but some things are clear - govt is going to spend more $ making the estates beautiful, sports hub in Kallang will open and they have to make that place vibrant, thomson and eastern region lines will be announced sooner or later, the south will be further developed, all the shops in Marina Sands will open, east coast park is cleaning up to become nicer and quiet, punggol and jurong will soon have alot more shopping choices. Let's all wait for the concept/masterplan to come out in 2011 after the elections. The fact that someone asked how to spend $200k proves some people really still have cold hard cash to spend somewhere. Fat hope for property price correction when people can more than afford to spend or hold onto their properties.

I am surprised that people can be so naive.

All it takes is one bomb to go off in orchard rd or changi and we shall see the house of cards tumbling down. Property will hit 1970's level.

Oh! I forgot about the mad man in north korea. All he needs to do is press the red button.....

Quote Originally Posted by orange

All it takes is one bomb to go off in orchard rd or changi and we shall see the house of cards tumbling down. Property will hit 1970's level.

Oh! I forgot about the mad man in north korea. All he needs to do is press the red button.....
    So for your own case, what is your preparation? Pray tell us.

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

Wah! He press RED button and many rich South Koreans will come to buy properties in Singapore and live here! Good good!
    (Actually, he don't even need to press, he had already threatened and we are already seeing increasing rich South Koreans looking for prime properties in Singapore!).

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

Buy more prime properties and prepare to sell to the rich South Koreans heading south to Singapore?

Quote Originally Posted by hopeful
    So for your own case, what is your preparation? Pray tell us.

Only 1 bomb so far, courtesy of Pres. Sukarno, Indonesia
    The "mad" man usually press red buttons for room service - so no worries mate.

But I am really interested to hear you un-naive thoughts. Care to educate on what you have done so far in preparation for button pushing?
    only buy condos with bomb shelters?

Quote Originally Posted by hopeful
    Only 1 bomb so far, courtesy of Pres. Sukarno, Indonesia
    The "mad" man usually press red buttons for room service - so no worries mate.
    LOL! So funny..

1970s level.... that's a fraction of current prices...

too drama right?

Quote Originally Posted by sh
    1970s level.... that's a fraction of current prices...

too drama right?
    actually I like to propose a win-win situation with Orange.
    if a bomb explodes in Singapore in 2011, be it from Sukarno wannabe or extremist, I would buy Orange's properties at 1986 prices instead of 1970's level, which is a big win for Orange.
    I wonder if Orange will agree.