Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Newbie Seeking Advice - Tanjong Rhu

get a FH in tat area lor if wana wait for those potentials to materialise....but tanjong rhu only one choice..lol

Thank you very much Flxcat!

Quote Originally Posted by flxcat
    Still the stand from my previous post. Only u yourself know best. Do ur planning n sums after obtaining info from fellow forumers. If have the financial means do consider this area.

I still think is a gem that yet to be uncovered considering all the amenities coming along. U can also visit the other tg rhu thread where more was discussed.
    When most of the amenities are up so will the px of new condo in tg rhu.

May sound lame, I do find once the bridge is built to connect the east garden to pitstop, will be great for a jog or stroll to marina bay area. Or alternatively head towards east coast park from under flyover near to SG condo.
    Shopping will improve once sport hub is up n dinning areas near costa rhu n PB is up with water taxi plying between marina bay n
    kallang basin n more.
    Wrote too much. Still only u can decide. Good luck again

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    get a FH in tat area lor if wana wait for those potentials to materialise....but tanjong rhu only one choice..lol

i did consider Tg Rhu a few years back .. but i still dont like a place where theres only 1 way in and out ...

Ummm... interesting... is this a fung shu thing please, proud owner?

Quote Originally Posted by proud owner
    i did consider Tg Rhu a few years back .. but i still dont like a place where theres only 1 way in and out ...

Quote Originally Posted by art10626
    no ... personal choice

i just dont like to 'come out, MUST turn left'

i want to have the choice of turning right, or an alternate route ..

perhaps ... chinese sayings : 1 dead road .. or No back road

unless there are plans to open another way in.out of Tg Rhu ... otehrwise i wont take another look

personal preference

Meyer rd ... at least its slightly better .. can go eitehr direction .. out to Fort rd or Amber rd

Have you considered further away... Telok Kurau to Siglap area?

Ah... dead road one way... can understand.. hopefully a little bridge will help a bit ....

no ... personal choice

i just dont like to 'come out, MUST turn left'

i want to have the choice of turning right, or an alternate route ..

perhaps ... chinese sayings : 1 dead road .. or No back road

unless there are plans to open another way in.out of Tg Rhu ... otehrwise i wont take another look

personal preference

Meyer rd ... at least its slightly better .. can go eitehr direction .. out to Fort rd or Amber rd

Thank you very much Flxcat!
    You are welcome. Nice to find someone passionate about this area, but still need to be rational before parting your cold cash.

First of all, no offence to owner of costa rhu just being objective.

In case you are going for Costa Rhu and targeting units facing the golf course, there are some units will have shadows of passing by cars on Benjamin Shears bridge being casted by the bright spotlights from the golf course onto the windows of these units. Just take note.

Mentioned here again as I could not remember if I did mentioned in other tracks. Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by flxcat
    You are welcome. Nice to find someone passionate about this area, but still need to be rational before parting your cold cash.

First of all, no offence to owner of costa rhu just being objective.

In case you are going for Costa Rhu and targeting units facing the golf course, there are some units will have shadows of passing by cars on Benjamin Shears bridge being casted by the bright spotlights from the golf course onto the windows of these units. Just take note.

Mentioned here again as I could not remember if I did mentioned in other tracks. Cheers!
    wow good info ...

just wondering .. would anyone buy
    A. a unit with NO VIEW, but nice and quiet ,
    Or
    B. a unit with View, BUT noisy and dusty

wow good info ...

Or
    Unfortunately I do not have direct answer for the above.

Allow me to try the following:

With limited knowledge of the area, and die die must buy, go for unit with NO VIEW, but nice and quiet. Something you can be sure of achieving after spending the money.

With a little bit more knowledge of the area e.g Tg Rhu.
    Based on the potential of future developments, and with nice seaview complemented with city skyline to make it less boring esp during the night time and greenery provided by the marina gardens, and also with MCE coming soon, Ben Bridge will have less heavy trucks, buses and of course ERP charges expecting to be more expensive, so hopefully less trafiic or jam. Once in awhile sighting an expensive prancing horse or bull run up or down the Ben Bridge (again hopefully not in the middle of my sleep), I will will go for a unit with View, BUT noisy and dusty.

Just purely my own accord Cheers!

wow good info ...

Or
    Location is most important. Best is to get a unit that has view, nice and quiet and located near to cinema, shopping centres, good food, beach, market, town centre, library, ntuc, cold storage, and banks . Better if it is even near to mrt station, has nice clubhouse, big swimming pools, lovely condo estate, and near cafes, reasonably near to city centre too.

Quote Originally Posted by reuters
    Location is most important. Best is to get a unit that has view, nice and quiet and located near to cinema, shopping centres, good food, beach, market, town centre, library, ntuc, cold storage, and banks . Better if it is even near to mrt station, has nice clubhouse, big swimming pools, lovely condo estate, and near cafes, reasonably near to city centre too.

hahaha ideally lah .....
    but where to find ...

spore landscape changing constantly .. view today ...will be gone in no time ...

Thanks guys, have a much better picture now...

Downside: No amenities, inaccessible, 99LH, limited price gain

Upside: Nice place water front, near town, room for potential development

MGM Grand mentioned limited price gain... i guess it is due to downside factors above... could it be a case of glass half full or half empty? unpolished gem?

If it is half full, ike reuters said, who knows maybe a positive development may just drop from sky? was quite excited watching News reporting Garden by the Bay just now, hahaha. but also can't wait forever... just like waiting for Nikkei to go up...

a common consensus seems like upside limited in the short run (thanks guys again), so shall wait around further for price drop. hopefully soon... current rent contract expiring july next year
    It's a private enclave and nice to stay but accessibility is limited now. Its not for you if you prefer to have an mrt at your doorstep and near a hawker center (although eating at marina golf course cafe and enjoying the view is quite nice!)

Lotsa expats here, and a big Indian community.

As for the opinion of limited price gain, I think there is an extreme spectrum of opinions on that. Personally (and like flxcat I am obviously biased) I think this area has erm decent potential.. (it is good to know the government has not forgotten about this area and increased the development charge at tanjong rhu by 28% 2 months back.. even though nothings being developed here at the moment? )

But having a nice gardens by the bay at the doorstep is just nice for own stay IMO if you enjoy nature, walking and cycling in a scenic area.

Good luck in your quest just don't overstretch yourself!
    (oh yeah as flxcat suggested visit the tanjong rhu thread... see if you can help guess where the mrt station will be near which condo)

2 nationalities (note: not races) tend to be unpopular among the other residents in that area of obvious reasons:

Indians
    Koreans

hahaha ideally lah .....
    but where to find ...

spore landscape changing constantly .. view today ...will be gone in no time ...
    haha, I also thought this is not possible until I went to see one unit in Marine Parade. The estate is so huge, it has 3 exits - one leading to Parkway Parade across the road, the other leading to Katong shopping centre/Katong Mall/Paramount Hotel (now put up on collective sale) and many nice eateries/cafes, and its front entrance is walking distance to an underpass leading to the beach with more cafes/restaurants. Since Parkway Parade is near to Marine Parade town centre, this condo is effectively near to banks, library, NTUC, cold storage, market, hawker centre, etc. It has huge pools, tennis courts, basketball court, nice clubhouse and lots of parking space for people with more cars. It has either the view of the sea (which will be blocked later on by other buildings) or the city view which is currently nice because the buildings around that direction are mostly low-rise private houses. If these amenities are still not enough, it is also walking distance to two swimming clubs and a short drive to the future sports hub. Those who look for fengshui will also notice a roundabout at the corner of the estate - such roundabouts are very rare already. Everything is nice except there is no mrt nearby!!! you got to drive

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

That is why I prefer being near to amenites (in order of preference: Central location (CCR), Good schools (<=1km), MRT station, supermarket (must be big enough size, not the MM type), eateries, bank branch, other miscel shops, condo facilities). View is not important but is only good to have. Pockets of view already very good enough in the city! Where to find a place that is in the city near to all the amenities and yet quiet? Quietest facing among all units in the estate may be.

hahaha ideally lah .....
    but where to find ...

Why Koreans hah?

Quote Originally Posted by Geylang OKT
    2 nationalities (note: not races) tend to be unpopular among the other residents in that area of obvious reasons:

Indians
    Koreans

Near is how near? You see adverts on newspapers for new launches - 15 mins walking distance and they said "near" and "walkable" (like real in Singapore with that hot and humid weather).

What has the roundabout by itself to do with fengshui of your house?

No MRT? Write off already!

By the way, East Coast fengshui for those facing the sea is leaking-money fengshui. Unless you are very rich with a lot of money to burn, living in such leaking-money fengshui will leak all your money as time goes by (unless you can earn much more & faster than you leak - Just like only the Emperor got the fate to live in the forbidden city type of fengshui).

haha, I also thought this is not possible until I went to see one unit in Marine Parade. The estate is so huge, it has 3 exits - one leading to Parkway Parade across the road, the other leading to Katong shopping centre/Katong Mall/Paramount Hotel (now put up on collective sale) and many nice eateries/cafes, and its front entrance is walking distance to an underpass leading to the beach with more cafes/restaurants. Since Parkway Parade is near to Marine Parade town centre, this condo is effectively near to banks, library, NTUC, cold storage, market, hawker centre, etc. It has huge pools, tennis courts, basketball court, nice clubhouse and lots of parking space for people with more cars. It has either the view of the sea (which will be blocked later on by other buildings) or the city view which is currently nice because the buildings around that direction are mostly low-rise private houses. If these amenities are still not enough, it is also walking distance to two swimming clubs and a short drive to the future sports hub. Those who look for fengshui will also notice a roundabout at the corner of the estate - such roundabouts are very rare already. Everything is nice except there is no mrt nearby!!! you got to drive

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear
    Near is how near? You see adverts on newspapers for new launches - 15 mins walking distance and they said "near" and "walkable" (like real in Singapore with that hot and humid weather).

What has the roundabout by itself to do with fengshui of your house?

No MRT? Write off already!

By the way, East Coast fengshui for those facing the sea is leaking-money fengshui. Unless you are very rich with a lot of money to burn, living in such leaking-money fengshui will leak all your money as time goes by (unless you can earn much more & faster than you leak - Just like only the Emperor got the fate to live in the forbidden city type of fengshui).
    Really? Oh dear... those people at East Coast better must be bankrupt by now if what you say is true. All the people near Sentosa Cove, Carribeans at KeppelBay and East Coast are all losing money? Which is a good sea facing then? Pasir Ris?

No MRT means write off already? Then those at Orchard area but not exactly near the mrt better quickly sell too!

The units I saw at Marine Parade are within 5 mins walk according to my leisure walk pace, but of course teddybears take a longer time - they are heavier?

Those people mostly very rich mah, can leak for 3 generations their money also cannot finish spending. Average people can afford >$2500 psf?

Really? Oh dear... those people at East Coast better must be bankrupt by now if what you say is true. All the people near Sentosa Cove, Carribeans at KeppelBay and East Coast are all losing money? Which is a good sea facing then? Pasir Ris?

No MRT means write off already? Then those at Orchard area but not exactly near the mrt better quickly sell too!

The units I saw at Marine Parade are within 5 mins walk according to my leisure walk pace, but of course teddybears take a longer time - they are heavier?

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear
    Those people mostly very rich mah, can leak for 3 generations their money also cannot finish spending. Average people can afford >$2500 psf?
    ave ppl can afford a MM unit at robinson S at 3kpsf...haha

prices are already going down. go check out the caveats for D12 FH properties

Prices coming down? For which dev? Some condos like the Parc is still going up. Wonder when will we see the impact resulting from the recent policy.

u also haf biz in D12 ar?

u also haf biz in D12 ar?
    aiya... D12 a stone's throw away from Geylang mah

Quote Originally Posted by KC76
    Prices coming down? For which dev? Some condos like the Parc is still going up. Wonder when will we see the impact resulting from the recent policy.
    Even if prices were to rise, they will remain muted. Nobody (even the developers) would want to go against the gahmen's determination. If you bor hiu... gahmen will just introduce more cooling measures. And they have an arsenal of them. Better kuai kuai sit and wait first

aiya... D12 a stone's throw away from Geylang mah
    shift to D12 after D15 reduced to 50m? hehe

Even if prices were to rise, they will remain muted. Nobody (even the developers) would want to go against the gahmen's determination. If you bor hiu... gahmen will just introduce more cooling measures. And they have an arsenal of them. Better kuai kuai sit and wait first
    when next GE? anytime after feb2011? after all gotten fat bonus? hehe

when next GE? anytime after feb2011? after all gotten fat bonus? hehe
    Stock market cheong ahhhh

Guo ran shi OKT. Can advise when I should load my next investment condo?