Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cavan Suites, 41 units, World Class Land, FH

Default Cavan Suites, 41 units, World Class Land, FH

CAVAN SUITES @ 11 CAVAN ROAD, S209848 (Previously No. 9 – 17 Cavan Road).

Developer: World Class Property (Central) Pte Ltd.
    Architect: Huay Architects.
    Tenure: Freehold.
    Land Area: 8,181 sqft.
    Expected TOP & Legal Completion: 1 July 2013 & 1 July 2015.

Description of Development:
    • 3-Storey Apartment (Additions & Alterations to existing Shophouses awarded Conservation Status) with 1st storey commercial shop.
    • 6-storey Rear Extension (brand new Apartment) with Attic facing South-East orientation towards Cavan Road.

No of units in Project:
    • Residential: 36.
    • Shophouses: 5.
    • Total: 41.

1-BR + STUDY sizes:
    452, 463, 474 & 549 sqft. Total: 14 units.

Lowest Price to Highest:
    UNITS TYPE SQ FT PRICE* P.S.F
    02-04 D 452 $681,146 $1,507
    03-12 M2 549 $739,186 $1,346

Lowest PSF to PSF:
    02-12 M2 549 $728,570 $1,327
    02-04 D 452 $681,146 $1,507

Facilities:
    • 20 Mechanized Car Park and 1 Handicapped surfaced Car Park Lot.
    • Swimming Pool, Pool Deck, BBQ Pit and Gym Room at Attic.

Amenities:
    • Located just at the outskirt of Town and CBD.
    • 500m and 6 minutes walk to Lavender MRT.
    • 1.1km and 13 minutes walk to Farrer Park MRT.
    • 1.3km and 4 mins drive to CTE.
    • 3.6km and 6 mins drive to PIE.
    • 290m to Eminent Plaza, 530m to City Square Mall and 660m to Mustafa Centre.

Maintenance Fees: $220-$330 (estimated).

Wonder why no interest here... Its actually only few blocks behind Citylights @ Lavender, so pretty near town.

Western - HOT HOT
    Last edited by stayanywhere; 13-11-10 at 11:57.

Haha u r right Lakeside burning hot.

More details for other sizes:

Studio sizes:
    323, 334, 344, 355, 366, 409, 463 sqft. Total 20 units.

Lowest Price to Highest:
    03-09 J 323 $555,528 $1,720
    03-10 K2 463 $681,585 $1,472

Lowest PSF to PSF:
    03-10 K2 463 $681,585 $1,472
    06-12 M 334 $609,821 $1,826

* PRICE is after 9% Early Bird Discount

The artist impression and the real thing is worlds apart. The artist impression shows a standalone house surrounded by lush greenery on 4 sides. The real thing? A block of terrace-house type housing (i.e. no space on both side) smack in the middle of row of buildings.

I think it's about time the market start becoming more discerning and separate the wheat from the chaff. Look at this - other than tiny shoebox units - what other redeeming points does it have compared to other same-same budget developments selling at outrageous PSF in D8, D15, D14? The market is becoming more mature and discerning - such low quality products may not fly off the shelf anymore.

The 18xxpsf is really astounding!!!!!

Unhappy

100m to Singapore Casket?

Quote Originally Posted by hovivi
    Ya and nearer to 18 lvls of hell thats why 18xx psf

Aiyo, so scary

Yes its Hollow thus Horror

Cavan (pronounced /ˈkævən/; Irish: An Cabhán, meaning "The Hollow") is the county town of County Cavan in Ireland. The town lies in the northeast of the island, along the border with Northern Ireland. The town is located on the main road - the N3 road - linking Dublin (to the south) with Enniskillen, Ballyshannon and Donegal Town (to the north). It has a population of 17,750 according to the 2006 census.

Cathedral of Saints Patrick and Felim

The O'Reilly family (still a very common surname in the area) established a castle in the town in the late 13th century. A Franciscan monastery was also established at around the same time. In the 15th century the local ruler, Bearded Owen O'Reilly set up a market which attracted merchants from Dublin and Drogheda. From the mid 19th century, Cavan became an important rail junction for the Midland Great Western Railway (MGWR) and those of the Great Northern Railway (GNR). The Town Hall was built in 1909. In 1938, work began on the Roman Catholic Cathedral of Saints Patrick and Felim. On 23 February 1943, a fire at St Joseph's Orphanage in the town claimed the lives of 35 children and an elderly woman. A Public Enquiry found no culpability on the part of the nuns who ran the orphanage, but the circumstances surrounding the high death toll in the fire remain controversial to this day. Cavan is famous for its sights of burning caravans and its scabby people.

Default took a look

Quote Originally Posted by mcmlxxvi
    Wonder why no interest here... Its actually only few blocks behind Citylights @ Lavender, so pretty near town.
    i've seen the projects with mechanicalised car parks esp those around rangoon road too. They look weird, no guards around an area that's not very safe.

my personal opinion.

This condo built clearly built for those looking to invest, but even as an investment property it falls short. How much can these shoe box units for midgets rake in terms of rent, considering the psf so high? All the kuai los won't fit into 3oo-400 sq ft of space, so perhaps the target is for asian tenants? They are better off renting at Citylights or Farrer Park anyway.

The design also looks bad.

Dun worry.. Amen to that.

In a few years' time after TOP, these types of MM will be very run-down because they are mainly used by tenants, and tenants don't really take care of their rental houses. Even if you want to stay in one yourself, it will not be that pleasant because of the house conditions and strange tenants. So please avoid these types of MM.

Quote Originally Posted by hyenergix
    In a few years' time after TOP, these types of MM will be very run-down because they are mainly used by tenants, and tenants don't really take care of their rental houses. Even if you want to stay in one yourself, it will not be that pleasant because of the house conditions and strange tenants. So please avoid these types of MM.
    buy mass market lor....mostly owner occupied...lol

Quote Originally Posted by hyenergix
    not true, any rented out unit will sure get whack by tenants. Depends on who...

think of ways to protect ur home. eg. Parquet flr - put a cover on top or something...

Quote Originally Posted by Lovelle
    not true, any rented out unit will sure get whack by tenants. Depends on who...

think of ways to protect ur home. eg. Parquet flr - put a cover on top or something...
    ya la...i was laughing away by his earlier comment

by my own experience, bigger units suffer bigger reno cost and it gets worn out much faster den MMs

MMs is gd for rental yield and big units gd for capital appreciation....must hf both in ur portfolio

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate

by my own experience, bigger units suffer bigger reno cost and it gets worn out much faster den MMs

MMs is gd for rental yield and big units gd for capital appreciation....must hf both in ur portfolio
    you are right. those with no parquet flr will suffer less damaged too. at that time , i was contemplating selling my 3 bedder and convert to 2 MMs..for higher yield too...

I actually the higher rental tenants, take better care of the place. The cheaper the rental, the cheaper the tenant....

I used to stay in an MM while I was overseas. The interior conditions were not that good and the building was a bit run-down.

The rental yields have been good for the past few years due to lack of housing and influx of foreigners. You can choose your tenants and they pay well. But that housing problem is being addressed now. At today's price and number of MMs + other condos launched, the yield may not remain good.

When the MMs start competing with the normal condos for tenants, I think that's when the problems will start to appear.

Sorry but i disagree. Why? Because of new ruling. Same budget for condo and mm, what would they do if they want to keep hdb? Answer is buy a mm And stay in it while they rent out their hdb for highest yield. They enjoy mm and win on yield.

Quote Originally Posted by kingkong1984
    Sorry but i disagree. Why? Because of new ruling. Same budget for condo and mm, what would they do if they want to keep hdb? Answer is buy a mm And stay in it while they rent out their hdb for highest yield. They enjoy mm and win on yield.
    MM too small for long term stay?? Singles mabe ok bah

U may be surprised

Saw in ST papers ad again today..., location central but casket, hotel 81 and Fragrance nearby....kinda of smack in the middle of the living and the dead..., if not actually quite a vibrant area..., Jalan Besar Stadium also close by...

Quote Originally Posted by land118
    Saw in ST papers ad again today..., location central but casket, hotel 81 and Fragrance nearby....kinda of smack in the middle of the living and the dead..., if not actually quite a vibrant area..., Jalan Besar Stadium also close by...
    The remaining unsold units all either face the carlift concrete wall up close or face corridor or long long with only one window at the end. Dont bother. Stupid sucky design from World Class Land. They have just lost one potential customer ever for even allowing such non humane layout in their projects.

very funny layout... elongish shop ... Hmmmm... give it a miss..

Quote Originally Posted by mcmlxxvi
    The remaining unsold units all either face the carlift concrete wall up close or face corridor or long long with only one window at the end. Dont bother. Stupid sucky design from World Class Land. They have just lost one potential customer ever for even allowing such non humane layout in their projects.
    agree...super sucky layout....tot world class land quite good.....

i am actually vy surprised 70% sold

location good...but totally waste the land!

actually not true...

din u read the newspaper today about the shophouses? i thk cavan a lot of potential and esp around lavender area. hopefully the casket will go away and make that area vibrant with creative places and cafeterias...

agree...super sucky layout....tot world class land quite good.....

i am actually vy surprised 70% sold

location good...but totally waste the land!

Quote Originally Posted by jezz
    actually not true...

din u read the newspaper today about the shophouses? i thk cavan a lot of potential and esp around lavender area. hopefully the casket will go away and make that area vibrant with creative places and cafeterias...
    Pls go visit the showflat first b4 u make comments

oh what's in the showflat?

well i am commenting on the surrounding

if tyrwhitt 139 can survivie am sure cavan

Pls go visit the showflat first b4 u make comments