Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 278910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Casa Merah (D16, 99 yr LH, Wing Tai/NTUC)

take with a pinch of salt..

Quote Originally Posted by East Coast Boy
    Goldman Sachs is now projecting a 5 per cent gain in Singapore private home prices next year, reversing its previous forecast of a 10 per cent fall in 2010. It has also upgraded City Developments, which it terms ‘the Singapore residential bellwether’, to a ‘buy’ rating from ’sell’ previously.

‘The recent pick-up of transaction volumes in the primary residential market is a harbinger of price stabilisation being just around the corner, in our view,’ the US bank said in a report dated May 12.

It expects the residential property sector to stabilise by end-2009, ahead of the office and retail sectors, which it sees stabilising around the end of next year.

Goldman Sachs sees the average luxury residential capital value sliding some 38 per cent for the whole of 2009, on top of last year’s 36 per cent drop, and the average islandwide 99-year leasehold residential capital value easing 13 per cent in 2009, similar to the 12 per cent fall last year. Much of these price declines have already taken place year to date, and Goldman Sachs sees price stability setting in by year-end.

The 5 per cent residential price increase projection for 2010 will be supported by expected healthy, above-consensus take-up activity that will gradually draw down on supply.

‘Firmness witnessed in the mass end of the segment is gradually filtering up to the mid-end segments, though investors are still harbouring concerns over sustainability of demand. What may not be so apparent is the relative wealth of HDB owners,’ said the report.

‘We expect the pick-up in transaction volumes witnessed over the past three months to continue, driven by HDB upgrader demand in the mass end of the market as affordability has improved,’ it added.

‘While we acknowledge that there are still overhangs (eg deferred payment scheme defaults) weighing down on the broader sector, we think the risk/reward trade-off in the Singapore residential market is currently favourable,’ the report said.

With residential cycles tending to be shorter than commercial ones, Goldman Sachs expects commercial property to underperform when recovery takes place eventually. It also continues to be relatively more cautious about the retail and office segments given the challenges that are likely to affect businesses and consumers over the near term.

‘Unlike in residential, where (sales) take-up has been healthy, leasing and transaction activity in the commercial space continues to be weak,’ the report noted.

‘On the basis that a residential property recovery is in the works, we turn more constructive on the Singapore developers as we see the residential sector leading the property sector recovery. We think property investors (Reits) mainly exposed to commercial real estate will see trends deteriorating into 2010 and are likely to underperform when the eventual recovery does take place.’

In addition to upgrading CDL to ‘buy’, Goldman Sachs has upgraded Wing Tai to ‘neutral’ from ’sell’ and reiterated its ‘conviction buy’ for CapitaLand for their exposure to the Singapore residential sector. For CapitaLand, it said that maiden profits from The Seafront and Orchard Residences condos expected this year should help shelter the stock from potential writedowns.

Goldman downgraded CapitaCommercial Trust to ‘neutral’ from ‘buy’ and Suntec Reit to ’sell’ from ‘buy’. It kept its ’sell’ rating for Keppel Land, which has substantial exposure to the Singapore office market.

Source : Business Times – 13 May 2009

Quote Originally Posted by hkching
    Think its covered in 1 of the posts..

Condo with 293 units, 14 storey towers. The plot of land is actually quite small, so I don't think it will have full condo facilities. Rumours is that the asking px is >$700 psf. That's why the price of Casa Merah shot up.

Think its call Balcon East or something.
    The project is not Balcon East.
    Balcon East is a new project at Upper East Coast Road.

Default casa merah

wanted to buy of the unit in casa merah, call bank for valuation. Bank value it 20K lower than owner asking price. Drop the idea of buying....

Quote Originally Posted by Unreg
    wanted to buy of the unit in casa merah, call bank for valuation. Bank value it 20K lower than owner asking price. Drop the idea of buying....
    did you check a few banks? some banks give higher valuation..

Dun worry. It happens to me too. But once you have the option to purchase, the banks are more likely to match the selling price. In this situation, it may be good to have an agent to contact his banking contacts to confirm first.

...once you have the option to purchase, the banks are more likely to match the selling price....it may be good to have an agent to contact his banking contacts to confirm first.
    Never trust agents and their bank counterparts. Always insist on a black and white in-principle approval. Some bank RMs are as hungry as agents nowadays and will promise the sky to get even a slim chance of earning commissions. If they only promise verbally, beware! It's the credit department which has the final say on your loan approval.

Why don't you use this reason and offer 50k lower? Tell the owner prices are crashing soon, better let go now or lose more later. (Truth is no one knows, but since agents can claim prices are skyrocketing, we buyers can also do the opposite. There are always some analyst reports that we can use to our advantage.)

Quote Originally Posted by firec
    Why don't you use this reason and offer 50k lower? Tell the owner prices are crashing soon, better let go now or lose more later. (Truth is no one knows, but since agents can claim prices are skyrocketing, we buyers can also do the opposite. There are always some analyst reports that we can use to our advantage.)
    Since you said the market is crashing soon, better stay in HDB la. Why Buy Condo now ???

Just don't understand if you can't afford Condo. Work harder to earn more $$$. Once you are ready, you can buy Condo any where, All Bank will sure give you 100% valuation.

The reason Bank is not willing to give you 100% valuation is you are not there yet. That why Bank not willing to give you 100% valuation.

Bank are here to do Business ! If you are a good & ready customer, Why they want to reject your loan ??? Bank are here to do Business.

if the bank valuation below than the asking price.

if u plan to loan 80%. The 80% will be base on the valuation or the selling price which is higher?

Quote Originally Posted by Acer
    if the bank valuation below than the asking price.

if u plan to loan 80%. The 80% will be base on the valuation or the selling price which is higher?
    It will be based on whichever is lower.

Quote Originally Posted by East Coast Boy
    Since you said the market is crashing soon, better stay in HDB la. Why Buy Condo now ???

Just don't understand if you can't afford Condo. Work harder to earn more $$$. Once you are ready, you can buy Condo any where, All Bank will sure give you 100% valuation.

The reason Bank is not willing to give you 100% valuation is you are not there yet. That why Bank not willing to give you 100% valuation.

Bank are here to do Business ! If you are a good & ready customer, Why they want to reject your loan ??? Bank are here to do Business.
    geez, no need for such hostility when he posted bank not matching his valuation.

it boils down to one's comfort level of paying. i've also been eyeing for casa merah for almost 3 years, but price is not right, i just don't buy loh. it's his own waiting game to get the best deal for himself. so stop putting people down.

agree, take time to shop, it will be a long recovery.
    Quote Originally Posted by shespawn
    geez, no need for such hostility when he posted bank not matching his valuation.

it boils down to one's comfort level of paying. i've also been eyeing for casa merah for almost 3 years, but price is not right, i just don't buy loh. it's his own waiting game to get the best deal for himself. so stop putting people down.

Default casa merah

Dun worry. It happens to me too. But once you have the option to purchase, the banks are more likely to match the selling price. In this situation, it may be good to have an agent to contact his banking contacts to confirm first.

It is the agent's banking contacts that quote me the low valuation. First my agent told me the bank valuation will be able to match or might be even above $10K.

However, when the banker call me, I insist them to drop me a email to for the loan approval based on current climate, they told me that the valuation amount is $20K below.

The bank I use is OCBC.

I am just telling your the fact. You mean Bank Open the Door to do business is to reject your loan application ? Bank are here to provide loan, that is their primary business.

If you are a good clients, Bank will sure want to do more business with you. If you are not there yet, why not work harder and earn more then buy a Condo. I don't thing I am putting people down.

If you feel that Casa Merah pricing is high; don't buy now. Wait lor

Everyday there is people buying and selling. People buying it because they can afford it and their comfort level is good. Once you have earn more you will feel comfortable too, you will buy.

We all need to work hard. else how to have a better lifestyle ?

What I understanding from my banker is valuation is done on the indicative value only. They will base on average transaction shown on caveats. Agreed that once option is signed, banks will try to match is the valuation and transacted prices are not too far away. Not to the gap of 200 or 500 psf or course. Maybe 100psf or so imho. Banks also will look into your profile and your DSR. I believe there a decrease in the % for property purchase around in corner.

bank valuation is around $640psf, what sellers are asking are way too high!!!

Quote Originally Posted by wkang1970
    bank valuation is around $640psf, what sellers are asking are way too high!!!
    How much is the current asking for now?

you will soon see a PSF of $630 from URA website soon...

It will be based on whichever is lower.
    Thanks for the reply.

It is the agent's banking contacts that quote me the low valuation. First my agent told me the bank valuation will be able to match or might be even above $10K.

However, when the banker call me, I insist them to drop me a email to for the loan approval based on current climate, they told me that the valuation amount is $20K below.

The bank I use is OCBC.
    why not try DBS. I understand from ppl that some banks are more conservative in giving out loan.. usually DBS valuation can be higher than the other 2 banks. No harm walking into any DBS bank to ask for valuation.

heard UOB is the most conservative. Not so sure if this is true.
    1. DBS
    2. OCBC
    3. UOB

Quote Originally Posted by WolleyDragon
    you will soon see a PSF of $630 from URA website soon...
    Congrats to you if you have bought this price... stack and lvl info to share?

The bank I use is OCBC.
    I used Citibank and HSBC. HSBC seem to be more willing to match the price. Citibank only matched it at the very last moment. To be safe, I was prepared to take just 60% loan. But since the bank match the buying price, I loaned 80%. Anyway, I continued to monitor Casa Merah's price and it has indeed reached new heights these few weeks. Some 3 bedders are now 900K.

Default casa merah

I used Citibank and HSBC. HSBC seem to be more willing to match the price. Citibank only matched it at the very last moment. To be safe, I was prepared to take just 60% loan. But since the bank match the buying price, I loaned 80%. Anyway, I continued to monitor Casa Merah's price and it has indeed reached new heights these few weeks. Some 3 bedders are now 900K.
    Not quite true. An agent told me that buyers are abit hestiate starting from this week.

Default casa merah

Anyone want has the latest transaction price on casa merah?

Not quite true. An agent told me that buyers are abit hestiate starting from this week.
    Same observation... buyers rushed in when bull run started in stock market, now seems to cool down..

Default why

Ya.. pretty happy with my purchase. The price a bit high (abt $690 psf) but I did get a good price for my existing HDB EA so even out a bit. Also got a 10th floor unit so cannot complain.

Anyway, location is a subjective thing. I regard Tanah Merah as good cos I can see potential, and also my parents stay in Tampines. Not much condo development in these areas.

I check the property transaction, all April transaction selling at average 660psf. Anyone know where we will see the above transaction at 690psf?

Which is precisely why we should wait.. It was a sensible advice on the part of East Coast Boy..

why is there so many people selling ?

I reckon most of the owners bought this project at about 550 psf ?

Quote Originally Posted by BenziT77
    why is there so many people selling ?
    Simple: They need the money now, and HDB upgraders and young yet-retrenched professionals over-eager to invest in a 2nd property are just too keen to provide the liquidity.

I seriously suggest you spend more time upgrading and working hard to try and own a condo. No point trying for a lifestyle that is beyond you at the moment - and praying for prices to fall - in so many threads.

Simple: They need the money now, and HDB upgraders and young yet-retrenched professionals over-eager to invest in a 2nd property are just too keen to provide the liquidity.